Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy, and thanks for checking out the podcast edition of the show. Do me a solid and yourself a favor by tapping that follow button. Also like and subscribe. That way you get a notification when we put out a new episode, which is every single day.
Speaker 2: So here's today's podcast. Enjoy.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. Wherever you are, however you are listening from sea to shining Sea, thanks for being a part of the best part of our day. My name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented wife. Her name is Trisha. Hi, friends, and away we go with the first thing that made you laugh.
Speaker 3: My mom asked me if I had an extra plastic bag, And as I dug into my plastic bag filled with three hundred and fifty more plastic bags, I knew that this was my moment to shine. I've become that age where I say plastic bags. It's like that envelope that I showed you the other day.
Speaker 2: That's a nice envelope.
Speaker 4: That's a great envelope.
Speaker 3: Something was shipped to me in this certain kind of insulated envelope and I kept the envelope because I was like, this is a nice envelope to mail something in at some point I'm mad at I have a question for you know, the plastic that comes over your try cleaning.
Speaker 1: Is it okay to put that plastic wadded up into the bags of plastic bags?
Speaker 2: Okay, plastic Okay.
Speaker 3: Good bag that plastic bag holding all those other plastic bags.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's where the plastic recycling goes.
Speaker 2: Okay, plastic.
Speaker 1: I'm just making sure there's a lot of rules that's putting it way in the bottom.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to get caught.
Speaker 3: Sometimes if I don't feel like recycling and I'm just putting it in the trash can, I will put something on top of whatever.
Speaker 2: I know. I know I need to.
Speaker 1: Coming up on the show today, Trisia's dabbers down because of the lotto drawing.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: Also, we have to talk about how well women can get to know each other when they're in the bathroom. I have a story that just blew my mind that maybe you can explain. And we've got the story we love coming up. The Sandy Show is brought to you by our bank. Transitioning to our bank is just a click away at www dot dot bank. Remember fdi s Chrisia's got an interesting fact about James Earl Jones and Carrie Fisher in just a moment. But remember the other day we were talking about you going to see your friend in the Land of Vietnam.
Speaker 4: M hmm.
Speaker 1: Chrisia's friend Sean lives in Vietnam, and she's lived all over the world. Now she's in Vietnam. You might want to know it's the best country to visit if you're on a budget.
Speaker 3: Oh really, number one beck. Yeah, she tells me how much stuff costs. It's ridiculously cheap.
Speaker 1: Says you can live large on as little as thirty dollars a day, yep, or very large on sixty bucks a day.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Let's go there, right, We got to have about about fourteen hundred dollars for the airfare.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, you'll make it up once you're there.
Speaker 4: That's the most you're going to spend.
Speaker 2: She'll go.
Speaker 3: You know how we'd like to get those creepy massages. Yes, I last time got a creepy massage for one hour was like eighty bucks. A one hour massage in the Land of Vietnam twelve dollars twelve bucks, twelve bucks the equivalent twelve bucks.
Speaker 2: That's like a million dong though, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their unit of currency is dong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like four million dong, which is like twelve dollars something crazy cheap.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, friends listening, one day, we might be coming to you from ho Chi Min six.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, we could, We could do the stories we.
Speaker 4: La how all right?
Speaker 3: With the passing of James Earl Jones, there are all kinds of stories coming out on the internet. I watch every one of the reels that's put up about him. He was amazing. I feel so sad that he's gone. This one particular story has gone viral. Everybody knows Jones was the voice of Darth Vader in the Star Wars movies, but Jones did not meet fellow Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher until they did a Big Bang Theory episode together in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Was that because he was all his stuff was voiceover.
Speaker 3: He recorded his voice parts for Darth Vader in his studio, so he was never on set or on the press tours.
Speaker 2: He got the best gig in the world, the best gig.
Speaker 3: He's one of the most well known characters, and he never even had.
Speaker 4: To show it for work. It was all voice sober work.
Speaker 3: He the showrunner Steve Malaro of The Big Bang Theory TechEd about the details of when they first met. Jones was standing on set at The Big Bang Theory and Fisher came in, saw him, ran up to him and yelled dad, and he was like, it was the perfect line. So, if anybody wants to watch that episode, it's from season seven, episode fourteen. Jones as himself and Sheldon prank Carrie Fisher in the episode. It's just he was such a prolific actor and such a serious actor.
Speaker 4: But he did Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 3: He did Will and Grace like silly funny stuff as well.
Speaker 2: He just was great.
Speaker 4: He was just great.
Speaker 2: Ninety three years old passed away on Sunday? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: So rip to the Vader Got Bank. Remember fdi C. This affected you a lot more than I thought. Did you think I think this was the one?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think they're all the one. There's a tiny part of me that always thinks this is it.
Speaker 1: Trisia's sad because she did not win the eight hundred million dollar lotto the other day, the.
Speaker 3: Mega Million's jackpot, and Sandy not only did we not win, but I think the first time in the history of my lotto business business, we had eleven quick picks. We did not get one single number on any one of the eleven quick picks.
Speaker 2: One meant to be.
Speaker 4: One single number. That's never happened before.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a question for you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I know the store that you went to, Yeah, is not your normal store.
Speaker 3: It is not my normal store. And I thought, maybe this is what's gonna shake it up. So let me go to this store because it's a nice little man who owns it. And I was like, I'd like to give him my business.
Speaker 1: Cleanest convenience store in the world, in the world. It smells like mop and glove.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is not a speck of dirt anywhere, and this little man keeps it immaculate. And I was like, I'm gonna give this little man my business. And because then if we win, his story gets part of the money.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah, we didn't get one single number.
Speaker 3: I can't go back to him. You're doing go back to him again. I feel like there was some bad jo juw in that store for me for some reason.
Speaker 2: Well, how many people won?
Speaker 3: Okay, so one person matched the whole eight hundred million dollar jackpot in Sugarland, Texas.
Speaker 4: You know that's not too far down the road from US.
Speaker 2: I know, outside of Houston.
Speaker 3: One person match the whole big Enchilada, and then there were four people who matched five numbers. That's worth a million dollars each one of them sold in California, Florida, New York, and Washington.
Speaker 1: On a serious no, I know you like to joke around about this, but I'm curious if we were If we were the winner and we got the eight hundred million, let's just go ahead and say we got two hundred and fifty million after it was all said and done, how much checking out? So seriously, you always clown when I ask you this, But how much of it would you set back for Landry?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's not how much would I set aside for her? I feel like the bigger question is how much would she have left when we die.
Speaker 4: It's two different things.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't just take a chunk of it and set it aside and go, no, we're not touching this.
Speaker 3: I mean, if we want a million dollars, let it grow.
Speaker 1: No, I just said the eight hundred million, two hundred and fifty million. You would just give her whatever we had left.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Maybe it depends on how much fun we have with it.
Speaker 2: I can't have a serious conversation with you.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Do you really think we could blow through two hundred and fifty million dollars?
Speaker 2: Sho you talk to you?
Speaker 3: You can have a lot of money less, Fay, I'm gonna have to hold you back a little bit, like I said, Like I said, well, she'll be fine, But I mean you mean, like, put like five million in an account and be like, this is for hers, they can have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five that's it.
Speaker 4: I just picked a number.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, mister Specifics, what is your number?
Speaker 2: Fifty freak really? Fifty million dollars I'd set aside for her and.
Speaker 4: Let it grow and let you and I have a two hundred million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give away a bunch of it. Buy an airplane, Yeah, love.
Speaker 3: With you in buying an airplane. Just fly first class. No, it's so much better and so much cheaper. You don't have to all the all the stuff that goes arong just maintaining an Airplanefty you're going to spend it all on an airplane?
Speaker 4: Yes, when you can just fly first class. I have to fly. This is why. This is why, no, not a first class. This is why you don't just get the key.
Speaker 1: Security line, No, standing in line.
Speaker 3: Yes, say pre check clear all the things you can do.
Speaker 1: I'd rather just the car, drop me off at the air at the airplane, go up the steps.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: No, you and I are going to win the lotto because we are.
Speaker 3: We are going to win it, and then we're going to get divorced because you're going to be crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be crazy. Yes, I'm the one thinking about our daughter. You're like, whatever's left she gonna have.
Speaker 4: I know there will be a lot left.
Speaker 3: I will have a chef, I will have cars, a new car whenever I want one. I will have somebody to come and do my hair and makeup when I have to go places. That's what that. Yeah, that's when I'm spinning my money on. You're buying airplanes.
Speaker 1: Yes, at least I could sell my airplane if I needed to. You can't sell your beauty operator.
Speaker 3: But you would need to sell it because you bought it in the first place.
Speaker 4: You're missing the point of what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope we never win just because of that, you know, so our marriage would fall apart, and nothing's worth that.
Speaker 4: I could put a price tag.
Speaker 2: We've got more coming up.
Speaker 1: Anyone that says that men and women are just alike is out of their mind, crazy, out of their mind. They're completely different creatures. Although very how do I put it, like ying and yang? You know, there's like they're complimentary? Is the word men and women together? But women do things together that men would never do. So let me tell you the story. Over the weekend, I was with my buddy and somehow we just started talking and he was completely confused, as was I as how this happens. He and his wife went out to dinner, right, she excused herself, got up, went to the lady's room. She was gone about five minutes. She came back and told my buddy Phil that the woman she met in the bathroom, her daughter, is expecting a baby next month, and that they're gonna name the baby the same name as Phil and his wife's granddaughter. How in the world, How in the world do you ascertain so much information in the ladies room five minutes?
Speaker 2: How does that happen?
Speaker 4: It just happens. It's just what girls do.
Speaker 3: And something about that the way girls conduct themselves in the ladies room with each other doesn't always translate to out in the real world. It's like, oh, okay, here's like something about the lady's room. It's like a club and you're both in there and you're sharing, and you're talking, and you're do you need some toilet paper?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Here, here's I have a wipe. You know what I mean? That kind of thing. Yeah, it doesn't people.
Speaker 3: I don't think that girls are as friendly all the time to each other as they are in the lady's room out in the wise. So there's bathroom friendly, Yes, there is an outside friendly. You I've gone I mean, of course there was drinking involved, but I've gone out to bars or whatever and gone in the bathroom, left with some random girl's phone number, Like we're friends now. We somehow figured out we knew the same person.
Speaker 4: And exchanged numbers. That kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Is it kind of like an airplane friend.
Speaker 3: It maybe because you're sitting because you're in.
Speaker 4: This small space.
Speaker 3: It's too small to not acknowledge each other, right, you have to move around each other or whatever. You're both at the mirror, washing your hands, fixing your makeup.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that color of nail polish. What color is that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's this? Why go? It's just the way girls talk guys nothing. Y'all don't talk to each other at all.
Speaker 1: Do you know that's kind of got it bro code not to talk in the bathroom. No, you're conducting business. Don't chat, don't peak, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, sure, don't peek. Girls aren't peaking either. But we have doors and stalls. Right, we're standing there at the urinal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I all are right next toeature. That is awkward.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just different. Girls require more information than boys.
Speaker 2: How do you get the kids' names? That? I mean?
Speaker 1: Five minutes and she found out her daughter was going to have a baby in a month.
Speaker 3: I would imagine if I had to think about this scenario as to how they got down to grand babies names. It was probably getting late. One of them probably were like, I'm too old to be out this late. I'm tired, I'm a grandmother. I don't have any business being here, and the other one goes, I'm about to be a grandmother too. My daughter's having a baby next month. Oh, what is she having a boy or a girl.
Speaker 4: Oh a girl? What are you naming it this?
Speaker 3: No way, that's my grandbaby's name. I can't think you're exactly right, that's what happened. I can see that guys would never do that, never in a million years. I'll admit it.
Speaker 1: I can be very, very shallow, and I guess very egotistical too.
Speaker 2: What you do? Listen? Listen?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I I'm one of those people that when I shop, I take my time. There is very rarely, rarely, rarely a spur of the moment impulse buy from saying.
Speaker 2: It's called control, it's called being.
Speaker 3: Thoughtful or unable to make a decision.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's making the right decision, and in this case it paid off. Okay, well maybe it didn't. You decide very shallow though. I've been shopping for about a month for new tennis shoes. Okay, I've had my same tennis shoes for over two years. They got a lot of miles on them, and to be honest with you, I just don't like them anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, And you had the same pair before, exactly the same for like four years, right, same ones.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking around on the internet, looking at Nike and looking at Amazon, and I found a pair on Amazon.
Speaker 2: That I really, really really liked.
Speaker 4: Was it the pair you showed me?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay.
Speaker 1: The color is blue white, right, that's what it's called blue white whatever.
Speaker 2: That's a new color, I guess. And I'm looking at them. I like those.
Speaker 1: They're kind of in my price range. They cost about what I want to spend there. Actually, I couldn't believe how inexpensive they were. And they they're they're really cool, sleek looking shoes. And on the back by the heel, it says air on them. And I'm like, oh, those are you?
Speaker 4: Really looked at these?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I looked at them. They look great.
Speaker 4: I like all the angles, yeah, sixty view.
Speaker 1: But then I realized something as I was looking at the blue white shoes that said air on the back heel.
Speaker 2: It's like, wait a minute, these aren't Nikes. What they're not? They weren't Nikes?
Speaker 4: What are they air?
Speaker 2: Ever heard of them?
Speaker 4: There's something they said the little Swiss.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they are. I was like, I can't buy those. They're not Nikes. Doesn't matter, doesn't matter that two seconds ago I loved them. They were great.
Speaker 2: Couldn't find anything wrong with them.
Speaker 1: But now shallow Sandy can't buy them because they're not Nikes.
Speaker 2: Are you sure they are?
Speaker 1: Ought per aut pe r Men's air athletic running shoes lightweight. Yeah, now the one, the ones right next to them, and they're fifty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Try to trick you, but they look just like that.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at them right now.
Speaker 3: And the reason they look like Nikes is because they say air but there is no swish.
Speaker 2: Yes, there exactly.
Speaker 1: Now what's funny is the shoe right next to it on Amazon is a Nike looks a lot like that shoe.
Speaker 4: Twice as much.
Speaker 2: I'm not buying it.
Speaker 4: You might be in.
Speaker 2: Pair, man, But do you see how shallow I am?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean yeah, but would you?
Speaker 2: Would you?
Speaker 1: Nike's got the brand, It's been forever. You know, it's good. I don't know if Octopur is going to fall apart after anything about I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean this is I feel like this is a lot of you get what you pay for.
Speaker 3: Also, I think so too, But with Nike, you know it's good quality.
Speaker 4: I mean it could rain in. They did try and trick you. How is it okay for them to put the word air on it. I feel like Nike's got that locked up.
Speaker 2: Apparently they missed.
Speaker 3: And all the design on the side.
Speaker 2: And not all Nike swashes are obvious.
Speaker 4: Right right, it's a little swishy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like these thewshes tiny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's there. Yeah, that's what you're paying for.
Speaker 3: Swish, Aren't I shallow? No, They've done the same thing. I support you in this shallowness.
Speaker 2: Okay, good.
Speaker 4: I mean there's just some things Nikes, yeah, Nike or.
Speaker 2: I mean, knockoffs all my childhood.
Speaker 4: I want some on clouds so bad.
Speaker 3: I don't know what those Oh, the ones with the holes in the heel, the circles that go through the soul.
Speaker 4: Oh, Sandy, look them up.
Speaker 3: They're the thing on cloud on cloud on cloud shoes.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing with that, I kind of I mean, I think I like how a Nike looks better, but this is the thing to have right now, is the on cloud. Not that I don't like how they look, but I'm just like, I would consider them even though they're not my most favorite.
Speaker 4: They look so comfortable. Check them out. I'm supporting you in your in your shallowness.
Speaker 2: That thank you very very much. It's nice to have your support in something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: A quick break. We've got more coming.
Speaker 4: Up, Sandy.
Speaker 3: I kind of can't believe you haven't heard this story yet. It's about your boo, Dave growl. Yeah, oh Dave.
Speaker 2: They can't keep it in his pants.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't keep it in his pants, and if he takes it out of his pants, apparently not safely from what I understand. In an Instagram post, he said, quote, I've recently become the father of a new baby daughter born outside of my marriage. I plan to be a loving and supportive parent to her. I love my wife and children, doing everything again to regain their trust. He's asking for privacy. He and his wife, Jordan Bloom, have been married since two thousand and three. They have three daughters, an eighteen year old, a fifteen year old, and a ten year old. One of the daughters, the eighteen year old, immediately deactivated her Instagram account after her dad made the announcement.
Speaker 4: And it's just it's just so disappointing, you know what I mean. But I love it.
Speaker 3: He goes on in his announcement to say that he is going to be a loving and supportive parent to the new baby. So he's not trying to turn his back on the baby or not just making child support pain as he plans on being in the baby's life. Which great, It's what everybody should do who brings a child into the world. But I don't know, he's such a good guy. This is not a great thing that he did. But he's doing the right thing, now, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna ask me what I think about this?
Speaker 4: What do you think about its?
Speaker 2: Sandy, I'm waiting for it.
Speaker 4: I thought you're waiting for free to jump in.
Speaker 2: No, here's the thing. I saw this story and I thought about it.
Speaker 1: It was like, well, okay, I'm a big Dave Girl fan, have been for a long long time. Does this change my liking of Dave Girl? And I was like, it was one of my real buddies in real life. Now it wouldn't, So therefore it doesn't change my thoughts about Dave Girl either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, I wouldn't turn my back on my best friend if he did this, so why should I do it to Dave Girl.
Speaker 2: I'm still a fan.
Speaker 3: This thing doesn't make him a horrible person. This is between his wife and his family, and his wife and his family, and they're the ones who get to decide how this moves forward, if people are going to use this to no longer listen to his music, or all of a sudden say he's a terrible guy.
Speaker 2: You aren't a real fan anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I did hear too.
Speaker 3: You know how he kind of roasted Taylor Swift when they've both had concerts going on in London at the same time. Some Taylor Swift fans took this opportunity to turn around and just skewer him all just based on the fact that he said something negative about Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: Sweet. I was like, let's settle down, people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even worry about the problems in your own life.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm sure if you look at yourself, you got enough problems doing to do with you.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, Dave Grohl's got a baby.
Speaker 4: He's got a tiny baby. How old is Dave Growl?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Oh God, that's a great question. I do not Yeah, do not know? Echo how old is Dave Grohl?
Speaker 4: Fifty five? Fifty five? I'm faster than Echo. Elect me.
Speaker 1: Hey, friends, that's it for today. Make sure that you'd like and subscribe and follow this podcast. Also follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio. Have a great day.