Speaker 1: Welcome to reader Syndicate three point zero, the next evolution of the look into counterculture that is Cannon. My name is Matthew, owner of Riot Seeds, and this started as a one man mission for strain history and breeding science. Over time it's evolved into something bigger, better, and more of a team effort. We will be joined by members of the can Illuminati and other friends throughout the seasons to hear their takes on grow techniques, breeding science, string history and more. Our mission is to combat the narrative that corporate cannabis and seed posters are obfuscating for their own financial benefit.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the underground.
Speaker 3: We are the syndicate.
Speaker 4: The videos on this channel, the Breeder Syndicate three point zero, are compliant with YouTube policies and does not depict or promote any sales or distribution of any substances. These videos do not violate any YouTube community guidelines and is intended to educate the public about historical and scientific aspects of hemp plants. Does not promote, idolize, nor glorify any illegal activities or unsaved consumption of regulated substances. We are not doctors or lawyers. This should be super obvious. With that said, some people need to be reminded about this. Do not take anything we say as medical or legal advice of any sort. We are just the best at what we do.
Speaker 2: Live with it.
Speaker 4: All content is copyright of the Breeder Syndicate three point zero twenty twenty four, Section one oh seven of the Fair Use Act. Thank you for your support.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up everyone? I'm Matt. I can hear I echo? Do you have it a pie or is it me? Anyways, I'm here with Grew. We made it. We didn't make it last week, we're here this week. Yeah, what else is there? We had one of our good friends past so I wanted to say rest in peace to Silver Pilot. He was in our city. Good chat, but he was also a very good friend to a bunch of us, and there's a huge loss. So that's the first thing I wanted to say, since we didn't get to say that last week. His family has a gofund me out there. I'm going to link it in the description after this so everybody can donate if they want to. Right now, we're up on YouTube as well as Twitch and rumble. I believe I'm having a hard time seeing any of the Rumble comments. So Mispins, if you can let me know if anything comes through, any questions or anything, you can post it through the YouTube thing maybe in all the Yeah, how's your last few weeks? Screw?
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's all right, Just I don't know. It's not all right. I lost at a harvest pretty much almost all of ole. Yeah, and it's it's my own fault, you know. So what was in it? Uh, surying eighteen garbage clown ghost by d kim d Byrene a okay, amount of triangle choke and most of the Tuscan.
Speaker 2: Leather So Tuscan left leather.
Speaker 3: And lost all of the fire line too that I had. Yeah, I'd been flowering it for like ten weeks already. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So clowns of YouTube this week? We can we have some clowns of YouTube.
Speaker 3: I can do.
Speaker 2: I can always do a clown of YouTube. Someone asked that on Rumble. All right, So we had we did have a chat Friday night on our discord. So people that are part of that got to be a part of that, and that was that was an interesting chat to say least. But you always get to hear It's always entertaining no matter what. It was pretty fun, funny and fun, and I think Screw has found his way to the Lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eh, how have you seen.
Speaker 2: Have you seen? It's only been in posts. I know Beer Brothers Farm put up a post but I can't find it. And they were talking about uh Fetterman, who is I don't know's he a congressman or some kind of shithead politician. But they're trying to push through descheduling cannabis completely. I don't know if you've seen this.
Speaker 3: No, I have not. I mean I there going on politically, so yeah, there, I have not seen any of that pop up, just with everything going on.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's no good sources for it. I will say, like great Beer Brothers, I'm not sure what their sourcing was. Usually they have good sourcing, but like saying and not talking to it on Beer Brothers because I read their stuff too, they do a good job. But other than that, like I couldn't find their source or any of the sources people were reposting and you know the YouTuber YouTube we guys were talking about. But yeah, I don't. I don't see the scheduling happening because that would just compete with all the people who are in the current cabinet and have donated to the current cabinet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know, there's there's a like, you know, there's a no clear path forward really because it's kind of been along the whole way ben a clusterfuck. You know. They were like, hey, when they they fucking made it illegal, you know, but then made tax stamps, and then to get the tax stamp he had to have the product, which this was all from my understanding, it was all about himp anyways, and like the guy turning in h like he was growing him like a normal fucking dude. Yeah, you know, then they made it legal for like a year or something like that, while they're doing the whole like, you know, scheduling things, setting that whole ship up, and then they didn't even use the fucking recommendation they were given or so, like every step of the way it's been fucked up, so I'm not surprised that every step forward is also fucked up. Yeah, what do you do at this point? Descheduling it entirely would be weird, and.
Speaker 2: I don't change because how would they want to do that?
Speaker 3: Then they wouldn't I mean how do you make I don't know, I just I don't see that happening. Yeah, and you know, decriminalization would probably be best, so they could be like, hey, we'll still arrest you if you're selling weed, but like you can just have it and you can grow it, you know, like you could have your own ship. That would be cool. I don't see that happening either though, you know, like because it's you can't really make money off of that, yep. So any they're just trying to do the best that they can to still you know, milk as much money of it as possible, which this would honestly the whole like having it schedule one and schedule three. Yeah, you know, makes it. That's kind of like you know, uh, Texas doing the whole fucking loophole thing. It's why a lot of the costs will still the rescue. They don't give a shit, you know, even if it legitimately is like a CBD style like HEMP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they still.
Speaker 3: Get the you know, they get money from the licensing and all of that stuff and the rent, you know, like all of this stuff that involved in having the storefront and all of that, and they also gake money from fucking arresting the users and.
Speaker 2: The people who put into their political donation campaigns, they be at the top, like truly, and I when you have to say allegedly because they've given one point five billion dollars or million, now a billion or million, it was a lot the current administration between two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think it's been made very clear. I don't know, uh if someone hasn't realized yet, but if you have money right now, you can do a lot with it, much more so than any other time. So if you don't like most of the people, most of not just I mean people in Weed, even the rich people in Weed aren't rich the way that they think they are, you know, like yeah, not the way that actual rich people are at least, And so I just I don't see why anyone would expect it to work out in their advance, you know, like, oh, you're looking out for me? Why broke fuck get out of here, you know, like you you know.
Speaker 2: To me, it's like the UFO people waiting for uh like disclosure from our government, and it's like why they're just gonna fucking dangle a carrot and let you keep walking along like.
Speaker 3: A yeah, bro, it made a guy go crazy, like on purpose, just fucking with him. Yes, Like, what makes you think they give a fuck about like you know you when of.
Speaker 2: My friends wrote the book Mirage Men about that and documentary if anybody wants to watch it.
Speaker 3: It's very good. Dude. It was so fucked up because like, obviously that guy has talent and signal intelligence. Oh yeah, yeah, you know, maybe try and fucking broke him in find that because he just found the flaw in your Yeah, come on, dude, no, you make him go lose his fucking mind over a long period of time of intentionally fucking with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anyways, Yeah, it's a it's a wild story. That guy was actually already well on his way out to being full on cuckoo. He was like doing reverse hypno, he wasn't even a hypnotist, but he was doing reverse hypnosis in the back of Cadillac with women. Like he was already pretty out there. But what's funny is the guy who caused all the damage that worked for the AFOSI, a guy named Richard Juddy. He's still hanging around like a turn in a punch bowl, telling stories like the evil guy that helped drive him nuts. Rearrange his house all kinds of shit. Yeah, But I mean, to me, I just look at a lot of the rescheduling constantly, constantly trying to sell people who are smokers on the idea that they have their back somehow is laughable. But again, like like I saw recently, you know, when we talk about stuff in Discord and wherever, a lot of people still think everything is one hundred legal and they don't get it. They really, they really truly believe that. But now I also am getting tons of questions about like, hey, uh, what's up with the band on everything coming? You know, the seed band And apparently they are going to be taken down websites and all kinds of stuff and making it very hard for people to access seeds. So keep that in mind people.
Speaker 3: That whole seed thing is. I feel like that's going to be just a fucking hamster wheel for the next two three years of people asking and worried and all of that.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, it sucks. It sucks, but it's I mean, it's always been that for a lot of us. So it's like, what do you change?
Speaker 3: You know, you know, I sometimes think about like because like, in a way I was hampered living where I do geographically, you know, where, like I could have progressed a lot faster had I lived other places. Yeah, but it also, you know, thanks to to it, I still operate the same, you know way as always, So it's kind of like impervious.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I was thinking about something we could add to the show every once in a while. And I've talked about are the Connoisseur on here a lot and and kind of my hunt for him to try to one track him down to see if we could get him to do an interview, and three like make people more aware of what he wrote and why he was so admired during the times he was, you know, admired. And I thought, what better way than to start out with some of his early articles.
Speaker 3: Right, And.
Speaker 2: I actually own these copies, so I don't where's the goud bannerd that says very used. Here we go, Yeah, there we go, very used to the transformative work that he's reading of some of the articles. Video is not simply a copy of the original, but for commenting and critiquing or artistically sharing information with the public. All rights reserved. Yeah, content is always intended for adults.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: So this is our the dope Conossewer. Let's see. I usually put the magazine it was in so people can reference it right here, and this is January of nineteen eighty there. But this article is called the Great ty Stick Mystery. Now, if you're thinking like back to nineteen eighty, I wasn't even born yet. I didn't show up until near the end of eighty one, so this is before my time. But I don't really think about like ty stick being lost by nineteen eighty. But apparently like it was very hard for people, very dialed in to find really good tie stick. And I don't know what's a good way. Should I just start reading and we call we comment on it, well.
Speaker 3: What parts, what parts stuck out to the most, or like because you were not around then, you know, like reading it now with you know, you're I guess retrospectively, you know, like reading it now, what is like?
Speaker 2: Oh hey, I think one of the most interesting things is that he wasn't just talking about tie sticks specifically. He does talk about the Mayo tribesmen, he doesn't really go specifically into Laosian though I don't know if Laos was like called Laos at the time. I mean he talks about Kim Vietnam, but he said the key is the Mayo tribesman and one of the most famous ties is the Mayoo tie, which I believe was in that uh p K had handed me some some buds. He said, were you know they sound like how I described Frankie church Epiff the h one back in the day, and he actually followed through with it. I wanted to mention that too, so shout out to nobody's nurseries. I mean, like, I don't really get along with the dude, but he did a big pop. Found this inside of Doctee's work, which does have some meal tie in it, So I thought that was very interesting. What else have we got in here? Well, I I guess I could start it off. Uh. At last I can report this is obviously are the dope connoisseur are talking? Ron Rosenbaum. At least I can report I saw the Great Tystick Mystery, a puzzle that is perplexed puffers for years. What did become of Thaie? It's a complex story involving international intrigue, revolutionary upheaviles, but it has a happy ending, So let's start with that. Strangely enough, it was in Hawaii, home of the only marijuana that has ever rivaled Thai. According to him, that I rediscovered this lost treasure of Indo China and learned the secret of its mysterious mid decade disappearance. So writing in eighty it sounds like in the mid seventies I took a nosedive at some point or disappeared completely, which was new to me. Obviously, I would assume Thaie in Colombian and Mexican kind of just shared the turf. Let's see, and when the secrets. I was relactant to home in the home of a wealthy local connoisseur, and he was treating this mainland visitor to an island by island tour of the cream of his statue. May announced, now I'd like to let you smoke something really special. By that time, I was so far out in deep space from the ConA gold and puna butter, which are our names that still pop up to this day. If you look at especially in the nineties and two thousand's, early two thousand seed stuff, a lot of people were saying they were using puna butter. A lot that was one that stuck around for a long time. Much less so ConA gold. But I think people from that era remember the name ConA gold. We'd begun with. But I couldn't imagine anything more special.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: I asked him Tie? He said, Tie, I scotted. I thought all tie was bogus. The only stuff that reaches the mainland is second rate. Since in me I'm masquerading is tie. One of my first columns a year and a half ago, I denounced the phony Tye scam, which is interesting. I need to go back and try to find that one. I thought this is one of the earliest, so a year and a half ago, so that would have been one of the first high times was But in my first columns ye and a half go, I announced the phony Tye scam, A sad obituary about that delicious smoke. I remember that column, he said. But the international situation has changed drastically since the new regime in Cambodia Vietnam, the'se upheaval. But the key is the Mayo tribesman. Do you have something you want to fill in?
Speaker 3: Uh? Well, So, during the seventies, like the mid seventies, like seventy three, there was an uprising in Thailand and it like per sit. There was a coup later on in the seventies, so like it was, it.
Speaker 2: Was still dramatic over there, political turmoil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense, you know why it.
Speaker 2: Would have disappeared during that time, and Ar says why them said before I explained the politics of it all, Let me show you what the result has been. Five minutes later, he emerged from his air cooled walk in humidor with several glistening plastic pouches filled with thick clumps of green, gold and brown material. There were sticks Cola's Big Buds, little buds. The first thing I noticed before he even opened any of the sealed packets was the subtle gray, the subtle coloring that always that special dusky gray green that has always characterized.
Speaker 3: The very best tie.
Speaker 2: So in his mind, a special dusky gray green that would terrify me.
Speaker 3: It is weird, seeing like, because most of this stuff on the market was like, you know, just fucking like dried out in the field and stuff like that. That like that was part of the grading standards. Then was like, oh, I want to you know, it cures a certain kind of way in this area or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the color they were always analyzing the color, and I noticed that Arthur Connoisseur does that in all his articles. Then he opened them and with a rush of excitement, I sniff the pungent, musky, exotic fragrance that's peculiar to tie. Still I was skeptical. I was greedy for a taste, and almost tore the stuff out of his hands in my eagerness to roll up a joint.
Speaker 3: The very first.
Speaker 2: Tope flew me straight back to a room on New York's Greenwich Avenue, where the original Dope Taster himself first turned me on to the first big shipment of tie to reach the East coast. And who's referring to there? The original Dope Taster would have been who originally wrote as the Dope Connoisseur for High Times. But it was a very short lived thing. I remember the red velvet rug I was sitting on suddenly turning into magic carpet, rocketing me into new realms of thought and filling. It shipped me to a place no other grass grass that showed me. What was astonishing was the clarity of the impressions. I had none of the vagueness and emotional melodrama that can blur and call it the insights of some of the lesser weed highs. There was a kind of majestic detachment that was somehow not without compassion for distant earthly phenomena. I wonder what he would write about himself writing that kind of stuff today. Since tisticks had first become popular with the American gis in nearby Vietnam, it is impossible that it is possible that the grass was bred to produce a high that would afford the venerable grunt the maximum amount of detachment and well being in existence that would otherwise be intolerable. Whether or not the widespread tystick detachment can be blamed for the amorality of some of the American contact over there, which I doubt you can blame some of the American we.
Speaker 3: Whether that's retarding, Yeah, that was yeah, I mean I get, you know, I don't know, I get this is like, you know, this is nineteen eighty. It's not long after I don't know, people were fucking not cool about stuff, Okay, but like that's fucking stupid. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if in nineteen eighty it realized how much horrible shit we did over there.
Speaker 3: No, definitely not. Yeah, I don't think anywhere anywhere near or even I guess it would be probably contextualized better then, you know, like they probably understood that the French were there for you know, decades before that. You know, things have kind of been fucked up there since World War Two, and if you were growing up at a time, you probably heard some stuff I would assume over the news. But all in all, we try and paint ourselves pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see, and it talks about after the fall. After the nineteen seventy five fall of Saigon, not only did really good tie but almost all tide really began to disappear. The trouble my hosted explained was that the Mayo tribesmen left the trade and the new tie sticks began to be made by ties themselves. Okay, so Mayow wouldn't have been considered tie. Maybe they were referring to the Laotians because everything that I've heard about that the history of Thailand and they're growing.
Speaker 3: Of weed.
Speaker 2: Cast type system, was that the Laosians were the ones actually growing the weed and it was part of their culture and it was much less a part of like the aerodyite culture that the the Ties were trying to portray at that time, so they really wanted nothing to do with it as far as Thailand went. Said, yes, they had their smuggling roots for opium when he referred to the male tribesmen and weed through the Golden Triangle, and they controlled some turf in Thailand even though they weren't ethnic tie for complicated reasons having to do with the Vietnam Cambodia split and the lack of American roots and Saigon. And here's I don't know if it shows up well, but here's the picture of what little we can see of that. But and therefore, to get up the business, there was still some big demand for thie, and some of the lowland ethnic ties began to grow it themselves. Well, they didn't just know how to do it. The way the Mayos did. The stuff they grew was just ordinary. That's why the quality tie dropped. He said, yes, because tie tie is nothing like Mayo tie. If you followed me, if you're following me, let's say you will said this is obviously Mayo tie. I mean, this is the real thing. Is it coming back for real? Said that's what I've been trying to tell you, only very recently, right after Vietnamese takeover of Cambodia for some complicated reasons I don't have down clearly, the Mayos have got back into the tie stick business and where they're working with American growers on branching out from sticks into tys, Cincinnia crosses and loose Thai bud lids. This is the first big season for them, so nineteen eighty and so for most of it it is scarfed up in Hawaii and the California coast. But if things go well, Jayu and ty could go national again. I hope they keep doing them in sticks, I said, I always liked the delicate way they were tied. He said, right, you could always tell us the real thing because the males used a special hemp fiber twine they got from their own plants. Hey, if you like, I can introduce you to this old guy, a refugee who was a professional tie twiner for the Mayows before he had to flee. You should see this guy's fingerwork. He's he's doing some time work for some friends of mine. Gets a good price, so he's friendly. I want to see a ty stick tied. Half of an hour later, I was in the presence of this nibble fingered master.
Speaker 3: He wasn't hold on wait wait so he said that they made it out that they used himp fiber from the from the plant. Yeah, not so what was the whole red silk thing?
Speaker 2: I thought the red the red fiber.
Speaker 3: I thought that was what everyone associated with, like legit tie was like using when they used like the red silk to wrap it? Or is that is that?
Speaker 2: Like all I remember being told it was red strings. There's red string and white string tie. But I don't know, like did that come later than this maybe, like maybe they tried to, you know, yeah, refine it a bit. People will go pre pre on them and adapt their methods, adopt their methods.
Speaker 3: And if they still want it tied, it's probably a hell of a lot easier to buy your string material then to also make your string, Like I get making material out of your crop. That makes sense for a farm, you know, like you're continuing to produce stuff out of the ship you grew out of your same crop. But like on scale, if you're going to be trying to get these things out there, it's probably a hell of a lot easier just pulling it off of a spool. You know, setting it out with in the middle of it and rocking.
Speaker 2: This is this is pretty good. Half hour later, I was in the press and said this nimble fingermaster, he wasn't that friendly. As it turned out. He was a contankerous old Indo Chinese who was constantly muttering about how Americans didn't know the right way to tie tie and he would be damned if he'd give away any secrets to the people who would use it to pass off fraud tie as a real thing, because you know, I guess he knew Americans. Well, hey, you know, like that is something Americans would do. Yeah, there's something about freshly imported buds. I don't know if he's doing tie tie sticks on tie or if he was if it was just called the tie stick because it was being tied at that time, but yeah, I mean sounds like he was also tying up Hawaiian Yeah. This is just one of the brief examples of Ron Rosenbaum's work as other connoisseur that got a lot of people into Strain's period, got a lot of people into learning about.
Speaker 5: Him, and so is his assertion that the people who were growing the tie used for tie sticks.
Speaker 3: Ended up in the like you know, turmoil of the region. Yeah, it like the torch ended up had like someone else was growing it for the you know, seventy five on, you know, like mid seventies on, and then it then the people who who were growing it before got back into growing it. Is that what he's saying, So like the actual weed didn't disappear, it's that.
Speaker 2: They got tribesmen growers, you know. Yeah, Okay, and I know that the Mayo tribesman thing is or at least the Laosian tribesmen, which I don't want to say are the same because I don't know that, but it sounds like that's who they're attributed to. Like they when Thailand started to have their resurgence with medical marijuana over there, they the Laosians were kind of upset that Ties were saying, oh yeah, our red squirrel t or red or squirrel tail tie or snakes teeth tie, like they have all these special things from these special regions, when really these are being grown elsewhere. So Thailand was kind of still taking credit for the work the Laosians had done and the path they had laid and kind of gave it, gave themselves the props Buck says the closer string were used for identifications of the regions different reasons it was produced from. Yeah it could be. But yeah, so that was nineteen eighty from old R and I I, oh, there is stuff from seventy eight in here. I just didn't sort it right becuse I'm an idiot. There we go, I dope for the eighties.
Speaker 3: And low God, but also had a a a new form of government established in seventy five. So yeah, I guess that makes sense. There's just a bunch of shit going on over there, and you know, yeah, production shifted. It sounds like.
Speaker 2: There's an amazing article he did called Designer Seeds, but since we're on YouTube, I can't show it because there's a catalog in the middle of it nineteen eighty one from Sam the skunk Man, and I believe Rob Clark at this time was involved with Sacred seeds. But there's certain ones in here, like a lot of people like b Early Hayes, South Indian that like I have the old packs from before they you know, started having printed packs. They would write it on there. Some of these they even talk about the skunk too. In Afghani number two. You Afghan too, purple. Yeah, there's some really cool articles in here that just by the nature of YouTube and how they've treated cannabis history as like some kind of scar on the face of history. I don't I can't really show that. So just to tease for now, Check said it wasn't the government, it was Tom Hills showing up that ended it. Oh, talk them into a circle. So yeah, that's what we got with that. I don't know if we want to dive into any of the other ones. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Any think I was about to say something and then I forgot what I was going to say. I do apologize, So Buck, okay, let's get back on track here. Buck is saying the colors of string were used for identification of the different regions it came it was produced from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like I said, I don't know if that happened before or post nineteen eighty. It's hard to say. Like it's one of those things where like I hate being the age I am because I wasn't there to experience this. I was. I was old enough or young enough when my dad was feeling to be able to smell what Mexicans smelled like, and I know what they smelled like when they came over, and I know what they smelled like when burned. But yeah, TI is just like a little bit too far.
Speaker 3: From me.
Speaker 2: Even have any room to comment. But I do like to read about it and muse on it. I think anything like that is helpful when trying to find you call it at the time or at the place, get you know, getting someone's point of view that was there and that knew what connoisseur weed was and smoked it. And this for those who don't know, this is a picture from the band the bud Ban the Indica High Times article because R felt like Indicas were going to ruin cannabis with their land boring highs. As you would put it, dull, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Screw well? After? So, I do if all of the weed that I smoked had highs, like the long flowering stuff that I did, and then like all of a sudden, you know, I don't know, I got something else else. I guess I you know, I could see being like ah nah, you know, like that's not actually getting high, that's just getting sleepier or whatever. Yeah, I could see that, but there's I don't know, I feel like because of that intruthing because I mean he does have a point. Obviously, it's gonna fucking spread pretty quickly and be used in a lot of stuff, you know, like yeah, because it can finish outside in a lot wider range of places now, you know, compared to you know, stuff that's super long flowering and like you know needs a more needs you know, better weather later. Yeah, where like a lot of places just don't get it. So I I, you know, he was definitely right, and then you know, it's gonna get it's gonna kind of like infect everything. But because of that, I think there's like cool complex highs that aren't speedy, you know, like but are also not you know, You're not just like dick in the dirt asleep, you know, Like I find ogs like that where I'm like, whoa, this is strong, but I'm not just like sedated, you know. And I think that it is a result of like, hey, that because of that intrusion, there became a cool, you know palette of stuff going on. I mean it took a while, you know, yeah, a while. Yeah, I'm sure you know, that's okay, is what I'm you know, I don't think without a lot of the Afghanis we would have had the indoor grow see take off. Oh definitely. I mean, dude, just think about how like how hard of a cell it is right now to sell something that's like, hey, h you're probably looking at like sixteen weeks. You know, you might have some that are later than that, you know, like eighteen twenty, you know, like yeah, and then like just transplanting that to back then you know, hey, it's gonna take you half a fucking year to flower this thing out, and that's it, you know, like that's the Now you have to take the other half of the year to flower out another batch of it. And you know, like there's only so much. That's such a fucking hard cell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna bust out some of this now. I want to say. I think it was labeled church, but it definitely is worthy. Oh my god, it is. It was well, very well grown, right like when you think Hayes, you don't think about that sticky of a plant. This was very well grown. And like I said, it comes from Doctee's work.
Speaker 6: I can get my camera dead zoom in on it or take a decent shot for those of you who can't really tell by looking at buds anything special. Of course, each bract is separate, and it's mini bracts on each separate branch, so it's really easy to break up. It's really easy to break up bracked by brack. Now, when I first got the bag, the first thing I opened.
Speaker 2: It up and I smell cac and smell Hayes, right, can smell Hayes, which try and explain Hayes to people. It can be any number of things like rosemary. It's a lot of irmal orbaceous sense inside something you you would call Hayes and speaking very generally on it, like if I were to grow some seedsman haze. The top note is like a seedsman haze. It's like, okay, I know, smell. This isn't what you smell in a collective. It's not what you smell like with super silver haze. It's it's different. But once I started cracking the bud, some of the first stuff that comes through is a soapy pissiness which was in the h one the Frankie church. And the more you go in and deeper you go in, you can smell the frankincense and myrrh in it. Like I believe I was calling it a fucking I kept calling it the wrong word. It's a thurible that a pre swings during Easter Mass or Christmas Mass, and those combinations together is what Franken sense of mirv smells like pretty burnt. They had their own sense, but you know, once it's lit, and once this is lit, you can get that smell. I actually did a lot of vaping of it because I'd never had a chance to vape pippy stuff. But out of since two thousand and nine, this is the first person that's handed me anything that was close to what I grew in two thousand and nine. Is God damn it. And of course it dropped into my foot massage. I can't have that happen. Put a waste there, we go. So yeah, shout out to PK for this grow and of course Doctee for the work, and Nobody for Nobody's nurseries for popping enough seed to find this. So yeah, keep your eyes there.
Speaker 3: Is it pretty zippy?
Speaker 2: You know, it's not zippy in the way of where it's like gonna like take take the breath out of you, like ooh, this is a fucking roller coaster ride. It's actually something that I'm comfortable with smoking. The first time there was a little bit of anxiety, but yeah, no after a few days, No, it's fucking it's nice. It's a nice, nice high.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How uh, how's your uh your CHS going?
Speaker 2: Ah, considering I'm not puffing super tough. I mean, the last two weeks I've had the fucking diarrhea ship that everybody else is not everybody else, anybody who's dumb enough to be eating bag salads like I do tend to have gotten across the nation. And uh so I haven't been worried about my CHS, but trying to keep the old the whole occupied with poops has been very easy.
Speaker 3: So there's that.
Speaker 2: I am talking to a doctor about coming on and doing a show with this on CHS, someone who is actually an expert in it. He does tons of Instagram videos and stories. He has like stopped all his research to focus just on CHS. And I know a lot of people don't necessarily believe in it for some reason, like you know, if you do too much of anything, it's not good. But yeah, I'm very interested to see the comments because usually, like when I do a show on CHS, the comments are brutal, like people calling me a propagandist. It's like, what good does that do me to tell you that this can happen to you when it comes to business like I did. It doesn't do a lot of good, but it's also true and it happens, and it's fucking scary, and I don't want it to happen to anybody else who enjoys cannabis like I do.
Speaker 3: It's so hard to I thought that we were kind of over that conversation years ago, you know, like the first bubble up of it. It's it's the same thing, just recycled. Oh it's the neme, you know, Like, no, it's not. I don't know, like it's weed. I'm sorry, you know, like I trust me. I don't want it to be the reason either, but it is. That's how it is. This We need to like move forward and progress this conversation. And yes he does, I do, like because I peeped out his uh his Instagram and stuff. I like him like approaching it from like from a clinician standpoint of like, hey, this is you know, like in no weird bullshit about it, Just hey, what are what are we seeing?
Speaker 2: What? You know?
Speaker 3: Like what are we seeing? Why, how how are we trying to treat it? What's working, what's not working, like all of that, like regular stuff like, hey, this is where the conversation needs to move. You need to get over it being the weed part of it. It just, yeah, that's just how it is. I don't you know.
Speaker 2: We've had it so drilled into our heads, including me, up until the point of getting this that oh you can you can't die from smoking weed. You can't die from fucking smoking pod or dabbing or any of that shit. We just it's one of those untouchable things. And it got to the point where, you know, there was so much anti weed propaganda out there that the complete opposite happened, where it was like, you can't say anything about weed that could come off remotely as negative or else you're a fucking negative Nancy, you know, or whatever. But yeah, this is kind of one of those things where it's like it's very hard to argue with brain receptors and thousands of thousands of people getting this, and yeah, I took the ride myself for a long time, so I have to start writing the questions and if you have any you know, or if any of you have any out there, please feel free to leave them in our discord or email, because there's a lot of good questions we can ask him. And I don't want to waste an opportunity with a clinician that has this much experience with it on dumb questions for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanna, I'm gonna me and I want to have a chat with Pez, yeah, and like try and talk to a couple of other people and get like a good list of questions for you to I definitely spend. Definitely have to hit up the treatment because it's not just informat, Like he has a treatment protocol that he's started using with patients, so like that for sure. Yeah, obviously things that don't work, you know, like because that's kind of like the devilish thing about CHS is a lot of times smugging a little bit more pop will help, you know, well you're telling me, Yeah, in this case, No, that's the you know, so like exactly that does work. Obviously most of the normal anti medics don't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none. I mean I was eating zofran like candy and it was actually making it worse.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, that's a you know, like it's just fiendish, because like that's exactly you know, like they're gonna hook you up to a fucking to a leader, a fucking normal sailing and push them zo fran. That's the like normal thing to do.
Speaker 2: And I think that's one of the first ways that they know that it might not be anything. I mean, that's like one of the first things that're like, oh, is this CHS or not. I think that's like they're starting to realize that they're pushing onto steptron zofran and it's not working. That there's a very good chance CHS, which is cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and it's a very clear not where, which is yeah. You know when you're when you're thing that's like, oh, don't worry, you're not gonna throw up after this, and you're still like violently fucking vomiting. Okay, we're dealing with something here that's outside of the normal.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Like, and that's why the whole fucking argument with people just fucking pisses me off, because oftentimes it devolves into like a almost like trying to like judge your feelings on weed. You know, it's like, bro, yeah, we love weed, What the fuck are you talking about? You know? Like this isn't coming from like, oh, you shouldn't smoke weed or you shouldn't you know, take dabs. I mean I don't think people should take dabs, mostly because I think the actual flower is better. Yeah, that's it, like has a more full bodied, you know effect, because not everything is is coextractable exactly. That's just how it is. You know, like if it were, that'd be cool, but so far it hasn't, you know, like it just hasn't really panned out that way. Even with however fancy you want to do it, and like taking different fractions at different times and different methods and all that, it still just seems to work better smoking it, you know, like off the flower.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would have developed HS without dabbing as much as I was. And and that's a lot of people's like ego comes into it, whether they're like, oh I puffed tough, I've never had it happen, You're full of shit, And it's like, yeah, there's there's puffing tough, and then there's like using it, using cannabis to the point of addiction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's definitely you know, like there's like you know, like oh, I'm going to do a one gram dab and stuff like that, you know, which I I mean, I get half. You know, I've done dumb things too. Oh sure, you know, I don't think that people should hit fucking five footers every day, but I sure as fucking it hit a five footer quite a bit, you know. Yeah, it's you do things. But like with the concentrations that we've been able to get to in it, Like because when I first learned how to make like b h O right, I mean, dude, we were at the going rate was like one hundred a g, which you know, people weren't gonna most people. Most people didn't even have the fucking stuff to smoke it and stuff like that. So it's like, you know, it was like a really fucking niche thing. Yeah, but that market has expanded like crazy to where an eighty seven year old, you know, dude who isn't even in the online culture and he just likes smoking weed is taking fucking dabs off of some cold start rig thing, you know, like because it's just so op in like out there now compared to.
Speaker 2: Dud I say that I'm hitting this, you know, but it's true.
Speaker 3: It's true. Yeah, Well that concentration of you know what I mean, as you're able to get pretty much pure fucking to where your everyday smoker, even new people oftentimes. I mean, fuck my little sister. The first thing that she hit was a damn pen. That's crazy. You know, like used to have to like work towards getting better products, you know, like kind of like work your way up the ladder in you know, like your your friend group and area and stuff. Right off the fucking rip, you can get pretty much pure, distilled fucking THC.
Speaker 2: And it's one of those things where like I've read a lot of research papers on it, and I don't know if like past drug use is a as a co factor, Like maybe that's why it happened to me and not others. Maybe they didn't flood their brain with other kind of drugs and all the stuff that a lot of us did in our young age that we're dealing, but twenty plus years ago dealing. Yeah, you know, I got to add that in there. Everything's twenty plus years ago, twenty five years ago, preferently plus I guess I should constantly put allegedly in.
Speaker 3: All that I heard one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, it's just going to be crazy what happens on the internet and where we'll see it go from here. Yeah, we mentioned that at the beginning of the show. I'm not I'm always going to be me doing my thing and y'all know how to get a hold of me. But yeah, there is going to be websites taken down. There's you know, the places where you normally would go and the most popular ones first are gonna get flapped. And I think a lot of people who've been around for a long time will be flapped by that as well. So just for you out there that are, you know, really into multiple strains, for multiple breeders type thing, definitely go out do your thing for everything hits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I'm starting to What gives me hope is that, like I'm starting to realize it's always been this way, you know, but right now it's like, oh, oh no, you're gonna fucking fwat some way, some route that people are going, Like, bro, it's twenty twenty six. You can get a fucking blow job from a robot like we're gone, you know, Like it's it's also the easiest accessible for to do things, you know. Yeah, like whatever it is, what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is what it is when it comes to it, and some people. I am looking forward to a lot of people that showed up with Prop sixty four and you know, going away because most of those guys were all full of shit. And you'll see how all the guys that drop and who really has passion, who doesn't, who is never going to stay around anyways? And he was here to make money off you guys. You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a you know, there's a like a tendency for people to see an opportunity and make a lot of money and they fucking you know, chuse it and they're gone, you know, and that happens everywhere. I think people are probably gonna find out, you know, roundabouts who those people were soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm you know what Pascal he said, I'd be curious to hear about early morning signs of CHS plus anything relating to interactions with other commonly used drugs. I'm interested too, because, like I know what my personal experience with the build up to CHS, and it was a long build up, but it was it started with you know, doctors misdiagnosing me with something called GERD, which is gastrosophical gastrosophagal or esophag eel reflux disease or something like that, gastros anyways, and it was because the acid pump in my stomach was working so shittily that like I'd bend over and it would puke would come out and it would be real. And I never had heartburn growing up, so it was all new to me. It felt like my throat was constantly closing and not letting food swallow very easily. So I was having trouble with that. But that still was just the build up, you know. I remember the first time that I puked, I thought it must be something from diabetes. And yeah, all of us learn growing up that, you know that that smoking pot helps with like stomach cancer and keeping food down and stuff. So my first reaction was to go smoke more like, even if I didn't feel like my brain was constantly telling me don't smoke. I don't feel like it, but I'd push it because that's that was the norm of back then thinking about that way. So I'm really interested to see if other people's, like, if that's a common thing where people get gird first and then that happened, or it's different routes.
Speaker 3: Sorry, So there I did. That was something that I recently learned, like in looking at doing some research on this fella this doctor, is that there there is like a pro phase and some people people never like switch over into like the cyclic vomiting. They just stay in the prophase for extended, you know, years, where they just kind of generally feel shitty and like we're not shitty enough to where like it can like it can be it becomes normal to where it's like, oh, that's just a thing about me, without hitting the cyclical vomiting part and then stopping smoking and realize, you know, it's like when you need a medication and you don't know it for like years and you just kind of like accept oh, this is just how I am, and then you start taking a medication and you're like, oh, fuck, okay, this I remember this used to be normal, feeling like yes, you know it like having that type of effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just remember it feeling like everything I had heard about females being pregnant, like early on, like the morning sickness. That's how it first started hitting me. And it would just be waves of nausea, but I wouldn't throw up but I couldn't get out of bed till one pm until it started calming down. And I didn't attribute it to anything because like it would never kick in until twelve hours after I smoked last so like I could be, you know, be fine all day, taking my last tokes right before bed, go to sleep, and at six am wake up, and I know it's hitten fully constantly, you know, like, yeah, it's it's weird how it played out, and it always ended up in the morning, like it wouldn't interrupt my sleep, but the second my eyes opened, it was like instant anxiety and yeah, yeah and now and now learning through you know, different papers that you can completely destroy your receptors. It's not just like oh, they'll just pop back up and you can retrain your brain. I think there's certain places that it can go where you're just kind of having to deal with it the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 2: I hope not. I hope there's more positive treatments on the way. But I was scared of even taking CBD after I figured out that it does have something to do with cannabis. People would ask me, oh, is it okay to eat edibles? And the only thing I could think of was like, well, that stores in your fat cells longer. I don't know about you know, your brain receptors, but that sounds like it might kill me, and you know, like it was getting to that point. It's kind of crazy. So I'm stoked to have him on. We're gonna have the rev on again soon. I keep saying that, but we gotta. He's got a new gig with four twenty magazine, So really really happy to hear that four twenty magazine picked him up. They have more sense than any of the other magazines currently out there, as best I can tell, So that's really cool. Yeah, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Man. Oh, we're gonna be having a a grow off in the discord for something that certain tier members have or will be receiving.
Speaker 3: Suit.
Speaker 2: It's called Unholy Mountain and it is the Johnny Blaze Cross to Blue Bonnet F two. Johnny Blaze is from Legend Sees My Buddy Red. You can find old interviews with him if you go to the audio version of the podcast right now. And that was a Nevill's Haze cross to the I think B one O three mail. That was responsible for a lot of the really blue stuff that was coming out of Canada. So I'm really stoked about this. Stony Iomi created them, and it'll be really cool to see it grow off. And there's gonna be there's gonna be some really cool things people can win in that growoff, like even a whole round or two of newts, even from I think heavy fifteen. So yeah, there's that. What else is there?
Speaker 3: Screw Farmer Freemen. Oh, sex testing and pathogen testing needs. Here we go.
Speaker 2: It says it works like a teleprompter, but I don't see this working like a tele Oh here's how it goes. You may have heard growers talk about running full panels of their plants for a long time. Okay, this is no. For a long time, that was something only big commercial growers had access to expensive lab contracted out of reach for small most home and small commercial growers. Farmer Freemen just changed that with their new panel options for growers of all sizes and links and girths. The full panel, mom panel and intake panel are now live for any grower in the US test anywhere from three to nine critical cannabis pathogens with only one sample one shipment one report, whether it's a routine check on your mom's or you're bringing in new cuts. Panel make panels, make it easy to do your due diligence. If bringing in new cuts, please, for the love of God, do that before you risk your crops. Bundled priced lab grade qPCR built for any size, Grow Farmer Freedman dot Com. Use code cyndicate five for five percent off. Syndicate members in the discord, the codes in the discord. That's all you get to know. Unless you're in the discord for the discord, come hang out with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like when these set you know, I know that it can because I know when I order those tests the first time, I was like, well, like, I don't know, is super simple? It is? I mean, it's hard to fuck up. Honestly, you get like each individual thing is broken down, so there you're not It's not like a bag filled with just a bunch of like numbers. It's each individual like little envelope thing with like the test number and all like, so it's really hard for you to mess it up. Super duper simple, and honestly, it does cut quite a bit of time down in like moving things through.
Speaker 2: Absolutely in container space, less money on your mix everything.
Speaker 3: Well do I mean, dude, when you think about it, when it's like okay, I'm gonna, you know, pop these seeds, I'm looking at probably like six seven weeks before everything is definitive, you know, and even then you got you know, usually like water or two that's like I don't know really, and then you flip and you're like, well wrong, but like that, you know, I know that that's really that's not much time whatever. But whenever you're trying to look through more of something or just more of multiple somethings, you know, those things get you know, you're using quite a bit in that amount of time. As things, as your numbers get higher, it gets a lot a lot more fucking manageable to like okay, I will pay the extra money to take the time off, and no, like okay, these are the one I could throw all of these out. These are the ones that I need to actually focus on, like vegging nice and using my IPM this whole time and taking clones and all of that. All of those costs totally worth it, especially as things start getting more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, plant count being a big part of that, absolutely, So keep that in mind, fellas, and don't forget seed transmission is a thing with a lot of these clones which all y'all buying your cookies and gelatos and shrubs and whatever. They've renamed it to counts fronts months. I mean, bringing those clones in untested is dangerous because the people who got them before you, and they might have the best, you know, intentions in mind. But the road to hell is paid with good intentions, I believe, as my grandma used to say, So get that in mind. And just because you have a good source doesn't mean that they had a good source or didn't play a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of the trust me bro, Well, I mean think about it this way. Think of how shitty it is when you fuck up and get like a pest in yes, with clones. Now, imagine not being able to reset and come back from it with yeah, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Fuck including all your seed crops, everything.
Speaker 3: Everything, everything's touched. You know, it's like, well shit, I'm because it. I mean I would just fucking scrap everything entirely, yeah, and restart new seeds like and I mean like new pots and new everything, you know.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: Because that's I mean, you can I'm sure you know that there are a ton of people who can do well at separating and clean up and all of that stuff. But I'm not going to be one of those people, you know as well enough to not reinfect myself.
Speaker 2: And it only takes one little brush, like a brush against something even fucking like I said, breaking up a bud from the collective, you know, in the room you're about to smoke it and you're not even realizing you got some some fucking HLV and your fucking budget smoking and will infect your room. Things like that touching your leads after doing.
Speaker 3: That, well, dude, I mean you're the pots that you use that you made sure to clean with bleach and all of that stuff, you know, and oh, they've been in my backyard for like two years, you know, like after I did that cleaning whatever, I can you know, like no, you can still you may not have gotten it all and guess what, you know, like it's probably still fucking there, bro like, especially if it's like a pot that doesn't get cleaned all the way like properly. And how many pots did anyone listening have? Probably a fucking lot, you know, like more than they actually use and still buy.
Speaker 2: More, you know, Yes, I problem.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like what happens when you start growing things, like when you know, cannabis or anything else, you just end up with a bunch of pots, bro and like you can get with roots being where it's even heavier, you know, like you're so, I'm not one of those people who can do that. I would have to fucking scrap every essentially buy a new grow yeah, to restart and then pop seed. It's like, ugh, that's risky and scary. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the massive amount of clone banks that have popped up because people are like, oh man, seed sails are down, let's just sell clones. Like, I can't stress harder. I can say it a million times, guys, be careful, be careful. I know, we see things and we assume, well, it's worth taking the risk on it's only a few hundred, you know, like be careful. It's it's sometimes it's not worth that risk. I can think of many examples, you know, like without throwing anyone of the bus it's not worth that risk.
Speaker 3: I guess I think that people the more so the well what if it is? That is like I think the more kind of tempting, you know, like thing when people go that route, It's like, well, but what if it is fucking nineteen eighty two skunk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if it is venom?
Speaker 3: You see it with seeds too, you know, I always with clones, you know, like it's an even easier sell because it's like, oh, you don't even have to look Broye. You know, you could just have it for two hundred and fifty bucks. Yeah, and that you know, oh, well, you know, if it's not, okay, I'm out two hundred and fifty bucks. But what if it is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What if it is?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: What if it is the real Cam ninety one? And then they start asking other people and realize, oh my god, all the KM ninety one.
Speaker 3: Is one I've yet to see another Ken ninety one that's purple.
Speaker 2: You know, like I remember that one.
Speaker 3: But you know, you it's either you know, you still have to pay for all that shit again. I would have to put you know, I've spent a decent amount of money now on my setup, and it would cost me a lot of fucking money to have to replace all that stuff to make sure that I don't, you know, to make sure that when I pop these next seeds and start going through that whole fucking process again that I've spent years of like going through and collecting and like looking through different stuff to find the cuts that I have. Now I don't want to have to get, you know, a year and a half down the road of doing all that and then start seeing like symptoms pop up like oh it's happening again. Yeah, just couldn't do that. My heart couldn't handle it.
Speaker 2: That's a hard heart handling situation. Tell you we have a good question, Jimmy jam eight one six eight new here. Sorry if you talked about this before, what are your thoughts on breeders not giving out lineage of a strain? Was looking at obd yn I'm not sure that is argon breeders. I'm not familiar, but not sure how I feel about grabbing something called breeding stock zero one or serious black where they don't say either. My personal opinion is that like not giving aage lineage to a strain is is like what are we doing here? Like that should be readily accessible by any breeder and they should be willing to share it unless they don't have a firm understanding of breeding and don't realize that like oh, if person gets clone A and clone B, they're going to make the exact same thing that I found, Like, that's not how it works. So it speaks to the breeder and their lack of knowledge about breeding, and it speaks to just dumb assy. That's and if I hurt someone's feelings that I don't know, then I hurt someone's feelings. But that's I mean, really, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: If either they don't know, you know, yeah, and they don't want to say that they don't know, which is stupid because think of all the bag seed things that are fucking dope, you know, it's like, yeah, just say what the fuck is? Like this is kind of how the thing is. We want to know. Yeah, And either that or they don't. Yeah, like you said, they don't understand, you know, like having that whole you're gonna rip me off, you know, Like and if they don't get it's kind of like telling almost like they don't go through enough scene to realize. Like even if I told these people exactly what I used, it's not like it's going to give them the keys to reverse exactly I selected out of it, you know, like it just gives them more information on like what to expect, what they're popping, which I mean, that's what you fucking that's what you want as a grower. I don't know why you wouldn't want to give that as a breeder, you know, like it's very red flaggy.
Speaker 2: That's like me doing the blueberry and cross and leaving out that I in cross more DJ short blueberry because it might give up the goods, Like you know what I mean, it's just like what the fuck? And it's hard enough to find the goods in there.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Someone asked yellow sub asked what happened in your tent to lose the crop? Oh?
Speaker 3: So I took in clones and so some stuff was like some stuff, some stuff I didn't know what I PM he was using. Yeah, and then I got something from someone else at the same time and from another person, and like I wasn't sure what anyone was using for IPM. I know one of my friends was using sulfur. Yeah, So I just to be safe dipped everything in spin and like did that for a couple of weeks, and then I wanted to fill up my fucking spaces and kind of rushed the quarantine phase. Yeah, and so I only got like a week and a half, two weeks worth of oil spraying, and then straight to I did. I sprayed spin again, like just doing my normal transition. Sprayed spin for three times in like a week and a half two week period, and then a little bit of sulfur right before I can't Yeah, and that you know once every once I had fucking two and a half lights and flowering. Uh you know at that point the train was out of the station. Yeah, and in rust it's just new to fucking you know. One uh, it nuked the half a light worth of the fire line, which I had been flowering for quite the dive already, Like we were, we were coming up towards we were seeing an end goal. But like it just they just fucking nuked them, and then it did the same to every other space. The only thing that I guess was that performed like well enough. I got some triangle choke, and I got some uh tuscan leather, but most of that got destroyed too. Like the only thing that like came out all right was the triangle choke. And I think it's just because of like where it was in relation to everything else, because it's it. It was like it was moving from one corner of the tent to the other and because all of those plants were in one corner, they'd like, you know, didn't suffer. So I got I got like half a light worth of smokable weed, which sucks, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does suck, but it is definitely a learning lesson. I remember when I had my learning lesson with mixing wettable sulfur, which I still swear by, except I didn't know much about the low pH IPM stuff. I hadn't really used it yet, so I just figured I'd mix them in both in the fucking same bucket, sprayed and fried my whole mother room that was about to flip. So I've definitely had my own experiences with the ipm's not quite working together.
Speaker 3: And see, yeah, see that's what I was trying to avoid, you know, because usually I dipped stuff in oil. But it's because you know, most of the people that I get stuff from, you know, it's they use oil too, and bed yes, so like you know, that's that's you know. Anyway, after the whole fiasco, a lot of people switch from only using sulfur because like that's what I used when I got those fucking mendo mites. Was on this and that like that made me, you know, change up my IPM stuff quite a bit and like actually have an IPM instead of just oh I just spray some sulfur every now and then, you know, every couple of weeks or whatever. And this just kind of made me have to Okay, I need to lock in on like my quarantine time and like not even you know, fight the urge to fill you know, a space, yeah, until like I'm you know, until like I'm sure like okay, this has gotten enough time, you know, with getting hit with oil to where like everything's going to be dead. I can you know, mostly now just worry about what's going about like fungal pressure, you know, like before I flip, worry about mitigating that for flower, because yeah, I just I mean, dude, that's completely my bad. I fucking I rushed it m hm and was like, well I got all these clones, let me just fucking throw you know, like cool, And that was you know, fucked me. How did how.
Speaker 2: Did you make the idea on the Russets?
Speaker 3: Dude? So I was having prop like I was noticing, like, man, what the fuck is going on in my and my are my lights like fucking too intense? Like because I was seeing where I mean, it looked like Fridays, you know, to where we're like ooh, what's going on here? And then uh blue I gave. I ended up giving him a cut m that like instead of moving it into flowers, like oh this because he wanted that the sixteen the salary and sixteen, and I was like, okay, so instead of moving this into flower, I'll just give it to you, you know, and I'll just keep the other one as my backup. And he was like, hey, this has russets. He helps out at someone else's girl who who's like god, and it yeah several times and it was like, hey, do you, like, are you seeing anything with uh with your garden? And like I I was like no, you know, and then fuck it. Later that night, I go back in and like just start looking at it more critically and like, no, this can't be the fucking lights because I'm getting like to where like I would have some branches on a plant fucked, but the other branch is frosty, you know, swelling bracts, like getting the you know, the stigma not fucking dying off and stuff like that, you know, like just looking going along normally it's like, okay, so it can't be the fucking lights, I don't think. And then I I noticed on another plant that it was coming from the bottom up, the bottom of the butt up, okay for sure, not the fucking lights. Yeah, yeah, and that's you know, I was like, well, fuck, there's and then I looked it up and like, oh, yeah that this is like indicative, like clear, It's just I've never had russets in flower. Yeah. I usually, like when I had those russets, it was what's it called, like the where the fucking edges of the leaf like roll up, but not in whenever you're whenever, like you know how sometimes where it's like the resin will I don't know, Yeah, like that actual flower shape kind of that it's like attached to will make it talk like it looks it's not like that kind of like a bad taco where it's like something's going on here. Yeah, but I didn't see that, and yeah this, uh, I saw full fledged fucking russet damage in flower this time, and like you know, it's it's made me have to like, okay, well fuck, I just have to buckle down in like fighting those urges. And it's also opened me up coincidentally to fucking pop like a bunch of more seed to you know, like fill that space. All right, cool, you know I got I have some ghosts by d F two's that I want to go through. That was just one of like the more Ken d leaning plant that I liked. Yeah, ended up just popping a couple of pollen sacks. And at the time, like usually when I see that in a plant that needs to go longer, I'll pull them, I'll pluck them. But because it was like a d I was like, whenever, it's probably not going to be uh, you know, a bible anyways, but it was and there, so I got like two dozen seeds out of my favorite smoking like souper fucking killer o G cut. So I figured, fuck, I know those are all gonna be female. Boom, I can just pop all those like and I wanted to go through them and then pop all the fucking sledgeberry and run tests on them. Boom. That's it makes it okay cool now, I'm you know, it just you know, like made it to where it kind of forced me into doing stuff I've been wanting to do, but like trying to you know, like work it in logistically has been you know, like, oh I want to do good and well my fucking numbers just went down quite a bit right now, you know, so I can take the opportunity to get into some neat shit pop that fucking I'm very excited about that Sledgeberry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited to see where it goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because oh man, yeah, I'm I. I have high fucking hosts for that one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've still been debating f toing the blue cheese again, but like, I feel like what kind of sucked with that one was that the original blue cheese from Big Boodha Seeds was like a flow cross the cheese and not blueberry cross the cheese. So I don't think it would be everyone's ideal version of blue cheese, like when they go back, I think with all the memories of the blue cheese incensey, you know, and it's not going to be that. So I don't know, but I'm down the last pack of that. So I need to get on the start shitting as I've been so successfully doing the last few weeks.
Speaker 3: The only blue cheese I ever got was in like oh seven, I think I got, you know, some a little bit of weight of it from somebody and it smelled like blueberry muffins, and like if you made a like a blueberry muffin as an edible, like that's what the jar smell like. Fantastic, And then I've never I've tried. I grew when I was growing Dutch stuff in my thirty days. All of this stuff from there wasn't anything like it, or at least what I was getting like scent, and like I don't even know where what that blue cheese was or whether it was just because hey, it was in you know, like blue cheese was in high times, and so this blueberry smelling weed that you know, dude had he called, you know, blue cheese when you know selling it because whatever it's possible.
Speaker 2: I mean, the cheese itself is very berry like, depending on how you grow, and a lot of people when they grow at their best. Shout out to Crazy Composer over on Instagram. He's been around forever. I wanted to bring him on the show, but he's a very quiet guy, but he does kill a gross and he's always had really good sourcing on his stuff. And he brought in some cheese and I had had the same experience where like I kept getting back cheese cuts and they were all like kind of very bag berry but very sweet and fruity, and I was like, this isn't what I remember. I remember someone like foot funk cheese. It was nasty. I kept throwing him out, throwing them out, and then I sourced it from Inspecta CSI and I was like, oh, this is just a very plastic cut. So it's expressing different ways depending on how you feed it. And yeah, it's it's already when grown in its best, it's very berry as is, so I think, yeah, it should make very berry type plants. But when he crossed flowed to something that already has leaned towards, the very flow tends to dominate.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I've liked I've liked crazy and composers content quite a bit, yea, because he's a pretty good grower, like where it's like oh she you know, like you don't miss often. But also the way that he interacts with people in the comments, like when that you know, like you can tell when he's like talking about like, oh, I'm excited to you know, run this cut, and I'm you know, like I've seen a lot about it. You know, you can tell when people like our talking to him in the in the comments section about it, like people who have experience and people who obviously don't. Also, yeah, like about cuts and stuff like that. Like just I like the way that he interacts with them, Like you can tell that he is excited to you know, try this weed, you know, grow this cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've always gotten along very well, Like despite he he's very close with the Red Dog and I'm obviously not, but he has always been really stand up dude. Yeah, he has the Sharon Widow cut, which would be cool. They can't get for the like a blue widow on it, But the original blue Widow was with yellow has seeds widow, which was kind of mostly trash. But they did find one good plant there, a sweet thing, all right.
Speaker 3: But it's my understanding the Sharon was out of like a bunch of different white widow seed packs that Lone Star popped right.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't really know as much.
Speaker 3: White widow seeds, like he didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know on that one. That's one of the ones that I really don't know the history on other than it was a via Lone Star White labels sensey seeds. Yeah, same, same, same, same sense. He was smart, Like when they were going to do white labeled at the same time as their seeds, they would just package the same seeds and a different packaging and treated as a different company, and they would undercut themselves on the price for the stuff that wasn't selling it high price. It was smart, but h yeah, I don't know if I was necessarily good for everything.
Speaker 3: Oh like.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, they were their own white leable company product.
Speaker 3: That they intentionally inflate the price to drive you to their quote unquote competition for the same lines.
Speaker 2: Yes, they also owned Doggies Nuts and Puka if I remember correctly, which were around the same time. Doggies Nuts were charging like nine hundred dollars a pack and making crazy claims. And I think it was all just kind of trying to figure out the market period, and it was their way of doing it. But yeah, it was crazy. Yeah. Yeah. A lot of those guys like bog was finding stuff with white label stuff. And I know he had a company with lone Star called Plan b Seeds, which a lot of people don't know about. Yeah, five hundred dollars Big Bud Seeds, a laser beam fucking Doggy's nuts all right? Was there anything else we had? We'll be doing a whipple tomorrow in the Discord two make up for the last weeks. The ship Nannigan's of a ship show. So if you're gonna participate, you know, read the rules, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rules, Like read them again just to before you hit send.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it can be really really really goofy, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 2: So yes, read the rules on that. I don't want to ban people after this next time, but is what it is. And yeah, Uh Fluffy is showing back up for a UFC card next Sacramento fight, so I'm really pumped for that. See him back, going back at it and I think he's fighting who is he fin RoboCop? That Gregory Rodriguez guy who's fucking massive. Hopefully he stomps him out. That's the only other wead UFC news I have. Uh yeah, so come join us in chat. We have fun chats in the discord and sometimes really really funny ones that I wish we could have recorded, because sometimes they get really funny myself, while shitting myself.
Speaker 3: I am glad that they aren't recorded. I'll say that. Yeah, you know, there's enough on the internet. I don't know about that part like that.
Speaker 2: That's some of the best, the best.
Speaker 3: I have fun though, you know it was. It was a good time, I do. I I think that we should have a topic for the next.
Speaker 2: One, yes, yes, yes, or maybe.
Speaker 3: If someone has a topic that they want to talk like, hey, bro, I want to talk about this, all right, cool, let's see, you know, like, so it's just a little bit more, you know, because we're gonna obviously we're gonna fucking get off into the weeds of you know, other weird disconnected ship that like have fun, that's gonna happen. Anyways, we should have a you know, like a point that we're at least trying to walk towards as we walk around.
Speaker 2: You know, Yes, exactly, I'll get into all things I X in the in the chats, you bet, you bet, all right, And with that said, let's see, I think if I hit end stream, it'll play the loop out. So anything else, any shout outs anything.
Speaker 3: No, I want to talk to you after this episode. Yeah, I've got some ideas that I was a little bit high and forgot about before we started. But I have no shout outs other than join the discord or why the fuck are you even listening? Because this is nothing. This is just this is like putting feelers out there and hanging out trying to Hey, if you learn some stuff and you're like, oh shit, maybe you know, maybe this is my jam. Just joined the fucking discord already so we can get to actually, you know, so you can get down to business and learning and shit. Yeah, and always you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna ask extensive breeding questions and you can learn about who all of us are as humans as well, which I think is something left out in cannabis is that there are humans behind these and humans, you know, humans will human So no, no know the people you're you're going to for advice or anything on growing, I think it's important.
Speaker 3: Well with that, oh go ahead, Well I just I also just want to, you know, point out that like over time, you end up, like if you're listening to this show and you're like, oh man, I like the whole thing behind the breeding and all that, you get to watch it happen live, you know, like, and over time like to where you're able to when you see people like I see Bidder making a decision about you know, like, oh, well, what'd you put in the room? You know why? Like being able to get that to okay cool, you know, like to actually figure out not just the decisions that happened, but why they happened, you know, like and then the coolest part the fucking results, because within you know, two years, you're like seeing the grows of the progeny and stuff like that and like oh shit, you know, like and you're growing it and like, oh damn. You know, like being able to really piece together a solid understanding of that whole side of things has been super fucking cool and super super helpful because I'm not I'm not a breeder. I just I like growing good wead, you know, Like it's that it's really not that complicated. But in order to be the best grower that I that I can, you know, like, it takes learning that side of things a little bit to like be able to like make better informed decisions on what I'm going to be dedicating space and time and all that shit too.
Speaker 2: Trade inheritance is a big part of being a seedsman, whether you're just interested in seeds or not, like, it'll help you make all kinds of informed decisions understanding traite inheritance. And again, like I said, the people who are making the seeds, you'll get a better idea off they're sourcing. Can they speak to speak, can they talk to talk on the fly, you know, all that, all that goes into it.
Speaker 3: Do actually getting questions answered, you know, instead of like the weird cage like that did not sit right with me for fucking years. Every time I talked to you know, like this breeder, whether that be and YouTube content sections or on THHC farmer or whatever. It's like a really a vaighty like thing that made me feel like, Okay, well I just don't know, I guess, you know, Like, but now i've you know, it's very clear that well they just don't know, you know, like or they're lying to.
Speaker 7: Me one or they want to catch screenshots. Yeah, either way, I don't want the seeds, you know, Like and being able to like see people give such solid fucking answers and also being able to say, oh I don't know, or oh I just wanted to see when what would happen, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like that I don't know. It just it means a hell of a lot more than like bullshit ass cagy fucking answers where it's like your waterboarding fucking simple where did you get the cut from? Yeah? What what did you pop? You know, like and use as a male? Why did you use that mail? You know, like even if it's ah, it's the only one that survived honestly, you know, Okay, yeah, cool, Like it doesn't have not everything is gonna be some like mythical fucking journey, you know, like and so like it. It's really nice, like you know, being a part of a group that's okay with being like, eh, it is what it is, you know. I'm just telling you the fucking answers to stuff.
Speaker 2: Exactly. And with that, I think we will leave you with those words of uh love and encouragement and we will catch you on the flip side next week. I'm Bret a syndicate.
Speaker 8: Want to sit at the table with the syndicate? Check out our Patreon and our link tree or description below. Our merch side is officially live.
Speaker 3: We have all.
Speaker 8: Sorts of shirts, hoodies and goodies to sort you out, and shipping is super fast and most importantly, the quality is top notch.
Speaker 3: I've been saving old designs.
Speaker 8: For years for this purpose, so please check it out syndicate here dot com. We also have an underground syndicate Discord where we get together and solve old.
Speaker 2: String history together daily.
Speaker 8: It's an amazing community of learning away from IG and it's an amazing resource for old catalogs and knowledge. We hope you join our union of breeders and growers.
Speaker 2: Come check it out.