Speaker 1: Five o five. If you've I k r C Detalk station Happy Friday, some say.
Speaker 2: A vacation.
Speaker 1: Yes, you could use a vacation from this Barber Streiss and happy Friday. Always happy on a Friday as well. You should be Danny Gleeson. He's in the production studio covering for the off today Joe Strecker. I don't imagine Joe's enjoying his day off, Danny. I didn't say out loud why he's off today. But it's not a vaca. It's not necessarily a vacation day. I know. Well, at least he's taken care of himself. You draw your own conclusions on what medical procedure Joe is getting done today. Eddie how I love hearing from the listeners. If you if you like to call me something you want to talk about feel free five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on at and t found. Of course, a reminder that you need to head over at fifty five krs dot com anytime you can't listen to live or you're like, did I hear that correctly? I want to hear it again podcast page Doctor Paul Winfrey on Medicaid fraud. That was an eye opener.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you the powers that be just, and it's not Medicare for all that left is actually pushing. As doctor Paul Winfrey clearly explained, it seems as though they want to get everyone on medicaid, that massive medicaid expansion of the COVID nineteen Medicaid for all the illegal immigrants coming into the United States. No work requirement, that's something the Republicans are trying to work on. At least. I think there's some general agreement among the Republicans in Congress that yes, they will require work requirement. The only problem is they kick the can down the road to light twenty twenty nine. So they're arguing and bickering over that. Lots of arguing and bickering among the Republicans, And as we find out the Republicans, a lot of them are to blame the salt tax levels. They want to go up to eighty thousand dollars on that's from the New Jersey, New York, and California contingent Republicans. And if they don't get that eighty thousand dollars it's ten thousand right now, and they're all upset because they live in high tax states. But as it was observed, I I can't remember where I read this, but the point made a lot of people don't even make eighty thousand dollars in salary, and yet they want eighty thousand dollars worth of deductions. That's for very very wealthy people who own very very expensive homes. So there's your problem right there. Republicans are their own worst enemies, at least the middle of the road, so called Republicans that don't care about fiscal responsibility anyhow. Sorry, get that out of my system. But over the blog page two to five KC dot com really important conversation with doctor Paul Winfrey, so I recommend strong if you didn't get a chance to hear that, listen to what he had to say about medicaid, scary scary stuff. Learn from about diabetes from Tim Keller spreading the awareness about the diabetes epidemic as he refers to it, and or Secretary of State Frank LeRose was in the studio talking about a number of different topics. So that's it. You have, Caresy dot com, get your right heart media app. I're over there so you can listen to the content and stream the audio wherever you happen to be on your smart device. Coming up, it is Friday, meaning Tech Friday with Dave Hatter six thirty every Friday. Bitcoin fraud in Arizona topic number one, followed by Apple to support brain control devices. It's a brave new world we're moving into. Plus Meta's new artificial intelligence app. Those with Dave Hatter. Maybe I'll get a word or two about him. But the Chinese Communist Party infiltrating our green grid via solar panels. Todd zends er Citizen Watchdog Todd Zends or he'll be in studio the latest Citizen Watchdog podcast, which you should listen to. He really follows very closely City of Cincinnati issues and what I will call outright shenanigans. I said the city knew their maintenance fleet needed to be replaced and did nothing about it. We'll talk about Cincinnati's green energy plan, which is comical in and of itself. Plus the Hyde Parks Save Hyde Park Square project ballot initiative. He's really behind that. That's an effort to allow Hyde Park residents the opportunity to determine their own direction in so far as zoning is concerned. Get a ballot initiative, vote for it, and tell the city of Cincinnati elected officials that they should stay out of your backyard. Fast forward to eight oh five. Alyssa McClanahan, she's a local author, written a book about the Zimmer Plan. Zimmer the movement that defeated a nuclear power plan. I was looking at the notes on this because you know, I'll be honest with you, I haven't read the book, but that plan when they shut it down because of the activists and everybody that got involved in we don't want a nuclear plant in our backyard kind of stuff, it was ninety nine percent completed when they pulled the plug on it and converted it over to coal frightening stuff. That and that's old school school nuclear plants. We know that there are small modular nuclear reactors now, so maybe we could still get one of those and have abundance of power plus satisfy all of the concerns of the global warming alareness, which I don't even think they believe in it. I do believe limiting us and our ability to generate electricity is directly tied to limiting our consumption and production. They'd all like us to go move back into caves or something like that. Plus there's a law enforcement expo coming up this weekend. Should be a good time. Springdale Police Department hosting the twenty twenty five Law Enforcement Expo this Saturday between noon and three at the Springdale Community Center. Keenan Reordan's going to join the program. He's the Community Service officer with the Springdal Police Department. He'll join the program at eight thirty. Sounds like a cool time, especially for kids. They got the SWAT team, dive team, police drones, a canine demonstration, and a taser demonstration. Would you sign up to be the recipient of a taser shot there, Danny, No, he's saying no, My sister had to because she when she went through the academy for she when she joined the police department, everybody got tased. You just you have to experience it. It's like going through the tear gas room. They put you in a room full of tear gas and you got to take your gas mask off, so you know exactly what it's like and how to deal with the realities of tear gas. Because if you're a police officer, you may very well get hit with a tear gas, so it's just preparation for it. But I thought it was funny. She had a story one of her fellow police cadets I was a woman, and she actually said she enjoyed the experience. I know, I know, Danny's given me that hairy eyeball. Look. I know it's like actually told my sister, can I meet this woman anyhow? In less comical news, this is frightening Secret service now investigating FBI. A former FBI director, James Camey. He posted an Instagram photo of seashells on the beach. They were arranged in the numbers eighty six forty seven. Now you know when you eighty six something you kill it or remove it, right forty seven? I think it's an obvious reference to the current president of the United States eighty six forty seven, with the caption cool shell formation on my beach walk. He later deleted the post after everyone saw it and resulted in massive backlash from everybody, including government officials and President Trump's son. Of course, we all know someone tried to two people try to kill the president. Eighty six frequently used as a call sign for murder or getting rid of someone. Forty seven, of course reference to Donald Trump. I don't know how you can come up with any other reading of that. And why would James Comey if he didn't intend that message to go out into the world. Why would he take a picture of seashells on the beach with eighty six forty seven? Here's what he had to say after removing the post. I posted earlier a picture of some shells I saw today on a beach walk, which I assumed were a political message. I didn't realize some folks associated those numbers with violence. It never occurred to me, but I opposed violence of any kind, so I took the post down. Oh give me a break. How could you assume it was a political message? Knowing full well that you're in your life as old as you are, you know what eighty six means and only could be a political message if forty seven was interpreted as Donald Trump. If you take Donald Trump, like if Donald Trump was the forty ninth president right now, and would you take a picture of eighty six forty seven? No, it wouldn't make it, wouldn't make it. There's no context there and you couldn't interpret that as a political message unless you meant eighty six to mean remove or kill or otherwise the typical meaning and understanding of eighty six eighty six forty seven. How could that be interpreted as a political message unless that's exactly what you mean. Secret Service aware of the matter, and they will be sending and agents to investigate as well as interview Comy. Of course, Comy fired by Trump, obviously the cozy chumps. FBI Director Cash Metell acknowledged on AX the platform that agency personnel, we're in fact aware of Comy's post. We are in communication with the Secret Service and director current, he wrote. Primary jurisdiction is with a Secret Service on these matters, and we the FBI, will provide all necessary support. White House can swiftly condemn Comy's post. White House Deputy Chief of Staff Cabinet Secretary Taylor butter Wich said, while President Trump is currently on an international trip to the Middle East, the former FDI director puts out what can clearly be interpreted as a hit on the sitting president of the United States, a message etched in the sand. This is deeply concerning to all of us and is being taken seriously. One Representative Tim Burchett from Tennessee Republican said that Comy should be arrested as a consequence of this. But it must be pointed out, where is Donald Trump right? He's in the Middle East. White House Deputy chief of Staff for Legislative, Political and Public Affairs, James Blair pointed something out which seems rather obvious, a bit of a delicate time Trump traveling in the Middle East. He said, this is a clarion call from Jim Comey to terrorists and hostile regimes to kill the President of the United States as he travels in the Middle East. Any Democrat or media outlet who fails to condemn this clear incitement of violence is complicit and must be described as such. Now, can you imagine how difficult it is to maintain security in the Middle East for the president of the United States of America, someone who's been fighting terrorists and well, I mean not the only president to issue drone strikes on terrorists. They all do it these days, but not exactly a popular man among the more fundamentalist circles of Islam, and Islam is the dominant form of religion basically everywhere. Donald Trump is traveling, so you've got a massive security thing going on. Already. Secret Service hasn't exactly demonstrated its competence over the past several years, most notably the poor security Trump was given well, which almost led to his being assassinated. I don't think go over the details of that. I think all my listening audience is aware of that, but not exactly a high level of comfort in the Secret Services competence. Now, maybe things have changed now the new sheriff is back in town. Maybe they are more competent. I don't know, but all I know is it's got to be a hell of an uproad, an uphill battle to provide security. And then you have James coming with this message eighty six forty seven. This is the thing. I'm now with the representative. This thing should be condemned directly, the press secretary of this thing should be widely condemned by all because it's you know, there, but for the grace of God go I. Next time around, it could be your guy sitting in the President's seat. And I'm sure that if some right winger came out and made that post, that the whole media outlet from coast to coasts and worldwide would blow up, absolutely blow up in condemnation, calling for heads. I'm Donald J. Trump, Can I improve this message? It's five twenty one if it's about par ceed talks nations. I missed Joe Biden approving this message owned because it always resulted in a text from my life.
Speaker 2: Tell that.
Speaker 1: F Joe Biden. That would be her typical response to the morning when it used to be Joe Biden. And anyway, Donald Trump approving the message and the Democrats not real optimistic. A new poll out Associated Press Nork Center for Public Affairs Research poll thirty five percent of Democrats are very or somewhat optimistic about the future of the party. That's thirty five percent. Thirty six percent are very or somewhat pessimistic about the party's future. Now twenty nine percent are neither pessimistic nor optimistic. But that's a significant drop. Optimism for Democrats regarding the party has plunged more than twenty points since July of last year, when it was around fifty seven percent overall. In the poll conducted May first through fifth, seventeen, or eleven hundred and seventy five US adults, four percent margin of error only seventeen percent surveyed are optimistic about the future of the Democratic Party. Nearly half forty nine percent are pessimistic. Roughly a third responds and respond is neither optimistic nor pessimistic. Republicans, however, for their part half surveyed. More than half of the Republican surveyed fifty five percent are very or somewhat optimistic about the future of their party to intend, say the opposite. Another twenty percent has no feeling one way or another. So on a downhill slide there Democrats are. And I can understand that. I mean, you know, when you see polling like, for example, their position on medicaid for illegal immigrants, or position on illegal immigration generally speaking, their position on men playing against women in sports. Many within the Democrat Party and sizable numbers are not with the party elites on their positions on that. And you just kind of wonder where the more common sense elected officials are in the Democrat Party. They don't stand up to this and say whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't lump me all into that left wing progressive side of the party. I mean more traditional, say Kennedy like Democrat, which makes you a Republican these days, the party shifted so far to the left. But those voices are absent or have been silenced. Maybe they've been threatened. I don't know. Anyhow. Since it is Tech Friday, Cash Bettel, FBI director, came out with a warning talking about malicious actors impersonating senior US officials via artificial intelligence generated voice memos targeting current and former government officials. If you receive a message claiming to be from a senior US official, do not assume it's authentic, the FBI said an announcement. They say since last month, scammers have sent messages and AI generated voice messages techniques called smishing and vishing. Add that to your lexicon claiming to come from senior US officials in an effort to establish rapport before gaining access to personal accounts, the FBI said. The announcement said that, among other things, the scammers gain access to those accounts by sending their targets malicious links, which they claim will move conversations to a separate messaging platform red flag. Don't open anything. That's my default position. I've said that out loud many times, and it's the rules that I live by. An apologies to my mom, who quite often will send me links, and I just like, I really don't trust links that are sending emails from anybody anyway. By accessing the personal or government accounts, these actors then target other officials or their associates using the stolen information. So this is sort of a chain of factor, house of cards kind of thing, domino effect, I guess is the right phrase. FBI said. Contact information acquired through social engineering schemes could also be used to impersonate context, to illicit information of fun. So they fake it, you buy into it, then they get into your system, and then you are the one that's being faked in outreaching to folks with whom you're affiliated online. So just a warning it's out there and it's a growing threat every single day, which is one of the reasons I really truly appreciate Heaving. They've had her on every Friday at six thirty keeping us up to speed on this kind of thing, going on local stories or preferably phone calls. If you want to call me up, feel free steer the topic of conversation. I enjoy that five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five D eight hundred eighty two to three talk FI fifty on eight and T phones otherwise local stories. It is five point thirty, it is Friday, and a happy one to you. To send Danny the information about the eight thirty guests. We're talking about the event, the law enforcement event coming up this weekend at eight thirty. Not on the rundown, Danny. So I just sent you the phone number and information to talk to keenan order when eight thirty rolls around the community service officer with the spring Down Police Department. Great, without further ado, let's go to the phones. I got Steve on the line. Steve, thanks for calling.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: A happy Friday to.
Speaker 3: You, Happy Friday to you. A quick comment about Komy and then the real reason I'm calling is a guest you had on yesterday about consumption of sugar and I thought that was really interesting. I've talked to you a couple of times about that. Oh yeah, the thing on Komy, I don't care how tall he is, he is very childlike. I mean, the maturity levels just not there.
Speaker 1: Excellent eject.
Speaker 3: Again, you're supposed to be impartial, you were formerly the head of the FBI. I mean, it's a joke, and you don't post something seeing random numbers unless you know what it means.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 3: Now, well, if he had posts and then playing dumb like he oh, I didn't realize that, Well, maybe he should have taken the picture five minutes earlier and we could have seen his wife arranging the seashells and making that with his instruction. But you know, the main comment is, and I've got really two questions for you about about the sugar consumption. One, I know you're you know you talk about the sugar and catsup and stuff like that. Now tomato, cooked tomato, and I hope this is relevant to the other people listening, but cooked tomato, tomato sauce, tomato paste is a cancer fighter. I wonder in your mind, in your mind, does that negate whatever sugar might be in there.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess my point is, I suppose there are products out there that don't contain sugar. But if you look at like your regular Heinz ketchup bottle, it's got corn syrup in it. They added I mean, there's added sugar. And that's my problem. And that's what I cut out. Now, I didn't eliminate all sugars completely, like for example, Apple has natural sugar and I eat an apple, but the process of digestion, the fiber that is included in it, it's a slow release of the sugar. It's not this instant infusion of massive quantities of sugar like you get with this soda. It's not nearly as bad for you, or maybe arguably even good for you. So there's naturally occurring sugars and then there's ones that have been added. And if you look at all the processed foods in the world, almost everything. I mean, we had honeybagd tam at Easter, and my wife bought a bottle of that horsepadish sauce that they sell there, and I think one of the first ingredients is yes corn syrup. So yeah, I know you're getting it from all directions. So reading labels will raise your awareness on that. So there's a line on the nutrition label that'll say sugars number of grams, and then there's a lower line that says added sugars. So that's the difference between naturally occurring and then ones that have been incorporated into it by just well addition of just regular sugar. So that's what I try to avoid.
Speaker 3: Your guest yesterday was, you know, puting eating fruits. Yeah, I mean, so he was very much in favor of exactly the other question I have for you. And I know you went cold turkey on bread as far as I know, now what, and I know you you ventured in the sourdough or whatever, But what about like a good wheat bread that you would buy You would not consider that, I mean, is that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm no dietitian. I don't play one on radio. I just my experience for what I've read and all these nutritionis that I've been talking to. It's the processed white flour. So even the sour dough bread that I guess we're eating at home, it doesn't have any additives. It's just water and flour, uh basically, And it's the sour dough mix, which I think has some use in it anyway. So there's no chemicals, additives, preservatives, nothing in it in it. So I think it's much more nutritious for us. But as Tim Keller, the diabetes expert I had and you actually pointed out, I think it's just flower generally white flower, processed flower generally. That's the problem. So I'm not escaping it by eating sourdough bread. Except for escaping. The commercial added is that's why you know, you buy a loaf of wonderbread, you can put it in your in your cabinet to last about a month and a half, so you're got half life of plutonium.
Speaker 3: That's because that is okay, Thank you for sure for the answers, and enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks, do you appreciate that? Yeah? Just you know, again, I'm not expert on this. I'm just I say things like this out loud for two reasons. One, by saying it out loud and telling people that I'm pursuing I'm trying to pursue a healthier diet, it keeps me on track to stick with it. It's like I don't want to walk I don't want somebody to walk over of me down the street and say, so, how's that diet going, And you know I gained all the weight that I lost back or I'm drinking sodas and eating crappy foods in my diet. So I'm committing myself by saying it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: But the other component is, you know, I'm hoping other people can maybe pursue the same thing because we are an unhealthy society. That's one of the reasons why I always say I'm happy about RFKA Junior. He's elevating awareness about this, and I'm just trying to do my job. I'm not trying to be preachy. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back. I mean, you know, I don't want other people to experience poor health. And if you can change your diet and feel better and improve your health that way, then you avoid a lot of additional complications down the road, because poor health can turn into obviously serious medical issues and you end up being on some pharmaceutical or something like that. Anyhow, you Fisherman, it is five forty one on any Friday, The answer is always yes, what do we do to five forty or five to forty one? Time may change. We've got some great plans going on this weekend.
Speaker 2: Hit it which.
Speaker 1: Leads us to the stack is stupid. Let us see here go to Texas, where a man's facing phony charges after he allegedly rammed into another car in a road rage incident sparked by a flying burrito. Arturo Villarreal, fifty six years old, in his car with his two granddaughters in the parking lot of a dollar Tree May nineteen, and another driver got into a confrontation that escalated. According to the news release from a local news and Constable Mark Herman's office in Harris County, deputies found that Villarial and the other driver, identified in the release only as the complaintant, exchange words in what is described as a heated spat. Villarreal then attempted to drive off when the driver. The other driver allegedly followed, then launched a burrito at the suspects car. Suspect then whipped his car around and intentionally ran the vehicle into the other driver's vehicle, causing major damages. According to the constable, villa Rao booked into the Harris County Jail felony charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, bond seventy five hundred dollars. Other driver not taking it to custody despite throwing a brito, why because it did not cause any damage. In other food related attacks, we got a Nebraska or a man's behind bars on a pair of felony charges after allegedly striking a female neighbor and the woman's seven year old daughter with the Star Wars lightsaber, not food Investigators alleged that Eiden Orion White twenty five, first struck the girl while she was playing with other children in the front yard of her Auburn hump. When child's mom, Sundra Lunzmann, confronted White, he yelled at her, I'm not in the mood. Get back in your f wording house well, then allegedly charging Lousman wielding his lightsaber. Now see, if Strekker was in the booth, it would have been a phrasing. He would have said phrasing after that one. It's all just interjected right here for you, Danny. According to the Sheriff's deputy, Adrians struck Lousman on her right arm slash shoulder. Both Lunchman and her daughter said that they were in pain following the lightsaber strikes. Two neighbors speaking with police that they witnessed White hitting the victims with the lightsaber, which investigators described as being one of higher quality, three and a half feet long, constructed of metal and thick plastic. Deputy noted it could cause significant pain and injury when used to strike an individual. During questioning, White reportedly confessed to the attack, saying it was unacceptable behavior for which he wanted to apologize being cordial with the police, though White would have profaned during the police conversation. They described White as having profane and angry outburst, including him blaming the victims for a rise in his rent. He also warned of future problems for Lunsman and the child lightsaber seized by police's evidence. White charged with criminal complaint two felony assault counts, being held in lieu of a fifty thousand dollars bail. He's Louise, obviously not in front of Judge Silverstein in Hamilton County five forty five. Here you go, Danny five fifteen. If about kersee talk station little little wake you up, get you out of bed? Bumper music there fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. So I was going to wait till it really kicked in there. That's okay. Hey, We go to Echo Park, California. Are residentme mad of disturbing discovery for Mother's d weekend finding a stranger sleeping nude in his bed. Local news NBC four sportswriter Michael Duarte found his own ransacked late Saturday night food from his pantry and refrigerator taken out, miscellaneous items found scattered around the kitchen. He's quoted to say, my first thought, did some wild animal come into my home and damage everything? Upon closer inspection, he noticed the glass on his back door had been smashed, and that's how someone had broken in. Surveying his home, Duarte took a look into his bedroom, and that's where he saw a man sleeping in his bed. He said, to see a man not just sleeping in my bed, but completely naked, sleeping in my bed. I was shocked, like Goldilocks from the three bears and someone sleeping in my bed instead of a little bear. Following the discovery, Duarte told his friend, who was waiting in a nearby car, to call the police. Officer shut up and dressed the man and took him off to jail. Douarti said, as he was being walked away in cuffs and thrown into the back of the squad car, he was yelling to me and my friends and also at the officers. They say, as if the break in wasn't enough, the intruder helped himself to the resident's kitchen, ransacking the home in what they described as a bizarre way, the man clogged the toilet with towels, eight a box of ice cream sandwiches, eight a box of Beyond Beef burger patties, and raided to our tastesash of chewing gum. He said, I had a fresh pack with sixty inside unopened. He opened it up, chewed all of them, and then spat a big watt of gum about the size of a football. It says the intruder also killed apossum on the back patio using a statute. Neighbors said the bizarre break in left them a bit shaken. Law enforcement not released the name of the suspected intruder. The case remains under investigation. Wow we got to Charlotte, North Carolina, where the manager of a Popeyes Foo chain accused of shooting his coworker over burnt biscuits. Twenty two year old Rodney Wood arrested in charge with attempted first degree murder. Shooting happened around six pm Ay eleven at the Popeyes on South Boulevard near Carolina Pavilion. Dry witness, who was a customer at the time of the shooting, told police that the altercation stemmed from an argument between Wood and another employee because of these burnt biscuits writtiness report of that both were outside, one challenged the other, which led to a physical fight, and during that fight, would allegedly pulled the gun out, firing two rounds. Court documents state that a video taken from the steen of course there's video shows Wood's discharging his firearm twice at point blank rains, both shots hitting Wood's coworker, one in the groin, the other in the chest. That person rushed to the Atrium Health Main Hospital, life threatening condition critical injuries, underwent emergency surgery. When officer showed up, Wood was gone, but according to witnesses, police found and apprehended him within the same shopping center center. Wood claimed the coworker he allegedly shot was also a manager. Claimed the police that once he and the other manager stepped outside, he was punched in the face three times. He then allegedly fired the two warning shots that were not intended to kill. Mmmm would attempt to justify his actions, but the affidavit says he quote failed to articulate a credible eminent threat of deadly force necessary to support a self defense claim under state law. Amen Apparently, these two have been fighting in the past, which caused Wood to request a transfer to avoid working with the other employee. Okay. Winter Park, Florida, five men came forward alleging they were sexually assaulted by the owner of a winter park massage business. They accused Ronell Mikhail Guterrez Galdus, the owner of Ramich Massage and Spa, Minnesota Avenue, You're interested in showing up performing an attempt to perform sex acts on them while they were on a massage table. Glavin's charge with sexual battery and other charges in one case free on a seventeen thousand and five hundred dollars bond, pending trial. Since the initial complaint, four other men have come forward. Two of the alleged victims spoke spoke exclusively with local news w e SH. Most recent interview, man, who wished to remain anonymous, identified only as JF. Recalled he looked at me afterward, and he tried to make it like it was my fault. He said, why didn't you tell me to stop? I said I did three times. He said at no time that he invites sexual contact. Details of the ledge assault described as too graphic to share, but at some point he said, I noticed his clothes were on the floor, and after his clothes were on the floor, he got up on top of me and was completely lying on me naked, and then started trying to massage my front, my groinarya and I told him to stop, please stop. JF said, he grabbed his clothes and left the business. Another man identified his BF, said he was assaulted to old local news it was really a horrible thing that happened. After he filed initial complaint against Glavas Winter Park police arranged for him to call Glabs on a personal cell phone, and that conversation was recorded. Gutrez glabys, well, it was supposed it was a stupid thing to do, he said. After being asked, you were touching me inappropriately? Why? BF said, it made me feel really uncomfortable. Gutrez gabs, this is something that never happened before, so I apologize for that. Catching him on his own statements, BF said, what made you think you could take my underwear off and touch me inappropriately? Here's reply? Yeah, I can't explain this. I feel bad. State health departments suspended the guys besides license permanent revocation for a sexual misconduct in the practice of Healthcare Profession FIVEFTY six fifty five krs. The talk station plenty coming up in the six o'clock hour, including of course Tech Friday with Dave Patter at six point thirty. Looking forward to that conversation. I sure hope you can stick around and be right back six o four if it's five Care City talk Station by Thomas here, wishing everyone a very happy Friday. Reason enough right there to put a smile.
Speaker 2: On your face.
Speaker 1: Even more reason bott on the art Tech Friday with Dave Hadter. We're going to talk about bitcoin fraud in Arizona, Apple supporting a brain control device, and Meta's new AI app. Todd Zenzer fast forward an Howur todds ends er citizen watchdog he is. We'll talk with Todd in studio about all the things that he exposes what I call shenanigans in the City of Cincinnati, including the city's green energy plan the city in the fact that the city knew their maintenance fleet needed to be replaced, yet did nothing about it. It's kind of an mo for the city council for the past several decades. Hyde Park Square Protect the Hyde Park Square ballot initiative. He's behind that as well, just a few of the topics with Todd in the seven o'clock hour, a toh file with local Authorlyssa McClanahan her book Zimmer the Movement that Defeated a nuclear power plant. And finally, it's a law enforcement Expo week. We'll hear from the Springdale Police Department about this big expo going on. Sounds like a great thing to take your kids too, So keenan Reordering the Community Service Officer for Springdale Police Department An eight thirty about the twenty twenty five Law Enforcement Expo. Some cool stuff going on there, including a taser demonstration. Maybe you can get in line to be the recipient of a taser five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Just really, really, really dismayed after talking to doctor Paul Winfrey yesterday about medicaid fraud and the expansion of Medicaid, and I guess really the ultimate goal of the Democrats is to get everybody on Medicaid. That nonsense from Bernie Sanders about Medicare for all, no Medicaid for all. So and they really did expand it plus illegal immigrants on Medicaid now and not a finger being lifted by Congress and this Reconciliation bill to really do much about it. I think the work provision that they have incorporated into that bill doesn't kick in till twenty twenty nine. And you can ask yourself easily, well why why wait, it's one of the things they're arguing about, So start with some comments from rand Paul. Of course, the Senate's going to get to vote on it after the Republicans roll it out as paltry of the cuts are. He was asked about it. He was on Enough Box and friends believe it was yesterday, Yeah, yesterday, speaking with Ainsley Earhart, who inquired about the bill. He said, Senator, what do you need to see in this bill to be on board? Because it's a squeaker in terms of the number of votes they can afford to lose, and it's not that many. Senator Paul a hard no. And what he knows on this bill, he said, the problem is that it's asking conservatives like myself to raise the debt ceiling five trillion dollars. That's historic. No one's ever raised the debt so that much. It'll be a record for Congress to raise the debt five trillion dollars. But it also indicates that this year the deficit will be over two trillion, but it means they're anticipating close to three trillion fur next year. It's really a slap in the face to those of us who are excited about Elon Musk and Doge and all the cuts. Where are the cuts? He asked, if the cuts were real, why are we going to borrow five trillion? So what I propose was this, I put forward a proposal that we vote on it to raise the debt ceiling for three months, so it is still raising the debt ceiling. So I pivot over to Kim strassel op ed piece in the Journal from yesterday, Trump's moment of budget reform truth. It makes some interesting observations. Let's get Donald Trump involved here. Maybe that will help. So with House Republicans in the endgame of the reconciliation bill and at an impass, Speaker Mike Johnson may assume soon have no choice but to call in the big guns at wood Points, we'll find out if the political howartz are known as Donald J. Trump sides with his own agenda of reform in which he has already invested a significant political capital, or with the Republican Party business as usual current House do you piece standoff boils down to the usual to spend or not to spend. Today, the spenders, or as the media charitably describes them as the moderates, have run the table. Their initial demands required House leaders to set a pathetic target of one point five trillion spending cuts over the next ten years, allowing the Joe Biden spending boom to stand and grow. They then proceeded to throw up a roadblock, or throw up roadblock after roadblock in the way of even that five point trillion dollar mark. Congress remains littered with their red lines. No raining in Obamacare's Medicaid expansion, no messing with prior infrastructure spending, no serious overhaul of food assistance, no starting any real reforms until twenty twenty nine so that lawmakers have time to roll it back. To add injury to entitlement, they're demanding that any money saved over their objections be earmarked for their voters, having already run a promise that they'd get a reprieve from today's ten thousand dollars cap on deductibility of state local taxes. No amount will suffice. Double isn't good enough, nor is triple or quadruple. New York Republicans suggested this week that they might consider voting for a gepill that's GOP bill that spares the country four point five trillion in tax hikes the Trump tax hikes which this bill will extend, but only if their constituents are allowed to deduct eighty thousand dollars worth of state and local taxes from their federal returns. Most Americans don't even earn eighty thousand dollars. But the cheek that tip conservatives frustration into fury was Wednesday's additional demand from fourteen quote unquote moderates on top of their salt extortion that to eighty thousand dollars claim on top of the reform roadblocks to continue spending with abandoned on Joe Biden's Green New Deal. Virginia Representative Jen Kiggins issued the group declaration taking issue with reconciliation plans to Titan boondoggle teen credits to climate companies since clean energy matters read, continued corporate subsidies are vital for our reelection. House Republicans who still believe in limited government spending restraint have been largely overlooked in all the focus on the moderate braying their warnings largely ignored as leaders catered to the squeaky wheels of Nebraska Representative Don Bacon and New York Representative Mike Lawler. But the fiscal hawks are no less necessary to passing this bill given them mister Johnson can't lose more than three votes, and they've now more than had it. Texas Representative Chip Roy, he's been outspoken on this issue, suggested he would vote against the legislation in a planned Friday Budget Committee meeting, and he'll have company on the floor of changes aren't made, and equally fiery group of Senate Conservatives is throwing down a similar challenge. I refer you back to this day from Senator Ran Paul yesterday. These interpartied chasms may now be too wide to be bridged, which means the more likely path to a bill, if one even remains, is for one side to bend. Only one figure in the party has the political muscle to force such an outcome. The President has kept deliberately quiet in public about the state of negotiations and his own preferences. The assumption was always that he'd engage at the end when the time came to knock heads to line over formal outstanding questions. Only where does he come down? That will be the test of whether he actually believes in the reforms he promised on the campaign trail and the actions he's taken in his first months. What was the point of Elon Musk in the Department of Governmental Efficiency and the media and litigation onslaught If Congress whiffs on even the basic cuts and changes necessary to lock in Doge's work. What's the point of the president's far sighted actions to unleash America's energy If Congress is kneecapping it with distortionary renewable subsidies. Why should the president of even whether the political storm that came from stating important truths Medicaid has a lot of waste fraud work requirements should accompany welfare. The climate agenda is punishing American businesses and consumers If Republicans in Congress ultimately surrendered to the left's talking points, for Trump, standing his ground is the obvious course, especially because voters believe that he would do what he says is what won in the office. Yet don't discount the populace whisperers who seek to reduce this debate to simple vote buying. They are telling mister Trump he needs to up the salt anti to buy the New York and New Jersey House seats, to water down welfare reform, to buy more low income voters, to abandon Medicaid changes, to buy working class support. Never mind that vote buying is the Democrat Party's approach to elections, and look how that's turned out either way. Enter mister Trump. The party will needs some pushing to get this done. And watch carefully in which direction mister Trump shoves. I astute observations by Kim Strassel, so it props to her putting pen to paper and sort of summon all that up. Yeah, where will he come down? And where do we want him to come down? We are on a sinking ship. That's what I said to Congressman Messi earlier in the week. It's time to rip the band aid off. Guys, quit worried about your footibile onely jobs. There's always going to be some set of constituents out there that are going to be upset with what you do. Regardless of what you do, say no to the green energy boondoggles. And that's what they are picking and choosing the winners in the green industry to receive taxpayer dollars for products and services that none of us would ask for absent the creation of edicts and men aids from the federal government. Give us efficiency when it comes to energy production, that's all we want. We don't want the lights to go out when the wind doesn't blow, the sun doesn't shine. And we sadly find out that all of these components of the green energy grid are now being used as spying mechanism by the Chinese Communist Party, and we're supporting the Chinese economy by buying everything related to the green energy products from while China. It's crazy. They have an opportunity to stop this in its tracks. You see where the Republicans really are. And well again we know where these so called modern Republicans are. They're the ones that are staying in the way of us getting some writing of the ship in terms of our fiscal reality. Where's Donald Trump got to come down on this? Five three, seven hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk six fifty five K or detalk station. David, you're happy it's Friday. That can always count on me.
Speaker 2: I'm agree.
Speaker 5: Let's me about that one.
Speaker 1: Uh, always count on you calling in. I appreciate when you do. Got tech Friday's Day hatter coming up with in the next segment five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three top pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Now, yeah, it was just mentioned in Medicaid expansion and the House Republicans moving to block one point four million illegal aliens from receiving the Medicaid. This is part of the Reconciliation bill. The committee projects these one point four million illegal aliens will be removed they're already on the program, removed due to the requirements of citizenship. The all night session on Wednesday night, which was revealed yesterday, included a provision blocking anyone unable to verify their citizenship, nationality, or satisfactory immigration status from coverage. And here's where the you know, rubber meats throwd. Near every single Democrat on the committee opposed that, and some even blashing the proposal about blocking illegal aliens. Democrat Leader Hakim Jeffries ignored the requests from CNN's Will Blitzer about the cost savings from striking illegal immigrants from the tax code. Fighting it if Trump opened up Democrats to attacks that they support tax dollars going to illegal aliens, this is actually another lie in terms of what Republicans are trying to do, he said. The Congressional Budget Office has been clear that if these Medicaid cuts were to become law, approximately one fourteen million Americans will lose their healthcare. And the Republicans aren't even trying to make the argument that the overwhelming majority of those fourteen million Americans are actually citizens. Yes, those are the able bodied adults that got added to Medicaid during COVID nineteen when nobody was working. They're capable of getting a work. That's why the Republicans want a work requirement put in there. And sadly, again, as they pointed out last segment, you know that doesn't kick in until twenty twenty nine. This is after they'll have time to again repeal it. So but every Democrats in favor of that, and I go back to where the polling is even within the Democrat Party. I think you realize you're in fiscal problems here, and why are we catering to and putting all these illegal immigrants on the social social welfare safety net that is in trouble from a fiscal perspective. Bah, I hope they die on fighting that battle, I really do. I mean this is that that poll I read earlier in the program. While only one in three members are optimistic about the Democrat Party future. That's their own people, and I can understand that because within their own party they don't agree on what the far left of the Democrat Party is advocating. And how is it that the farthest left wing, the Alexandria Cazia Cortes wing, Hawking Jeffrey's wing of the party ended up emerging and dominating the conversation. There used to be some you know, moderate Democrats. I mean, we were joking about moderate Republicans standing in the way of fiscal responsibility. Well, where are the moderate Democrats standing up to this? That crap insanity the left is pushing again, like allowing men to play in women's sports, overwhelmingly rejected by the American people, Yet something that they are fighting tooth and nail over. Pyvy to go over to something completely unrelated helping Human Service Department planned to stop recommending that pregnant women, teenagers, and children get a routine COVID nineteen vaccination. Well good. I mean every day that goes by, we learn more and more about the problems associated with the RNA COVID nineteen vaccine, sterility issues, losses of pregnancies. I've had a whole bunch of guests on the program talking about this, and the information is there for all to see, and some are even accusing the pharmaceutical manufacturers of perhaps criminal behavior because they knew about the problems associated with mRNA vaccines, which they'd been working on for apparently decades, and all the failed clinical trials they had using these particular vaccines and the dangers associated with them. They rolled that thing out in virtually no time after COVID came on the map and they got an emergency use authorization to use it. I've had guests on the program who think that that perhaps was sinister and intentional. But this is a routine, This is like a flu shot kind of thing. Current guidelines from the CDC call for everyone over the age of six months to get vaccinated routinely, So there's supposed to be a shift in this report last month that Robert F. Kennedy Junior was considering a director to rescind the COVID nineteen vaccine from the federal government's list of recommended ammunisations for children. That will be rescinding it as a recommendation for even one shot. Well, let's face it, children don't die from COVID nineteen. Teens don't die from COVID nineteen, and maybe they die from the actual injection or vaccination anyway. But at such a low risk, why would you take something that is demonstrably dangerous or at least been shown to be dangerous in a sizable number of people who've received it. Why would you run a risk and get your child vaccinated for this one particular virus corn to CDC. Not a whole lot of people getting it. Just thirteen percent of children receive the latest COVID shot, No state mandates it, and in fact, twenty two states have enacted a ban on student COVID vaccine mandates. So that's the direction we're moving, folks. So just removed from the vaccine recommendation list and leave us to our own choices. Six twenty five, Right, now fifty five KCD talk station six thirty eight on a Friday, special time of the week to be tuned into the fifty five CARC Morning Show Tenfoil Dave Hatter. Tech Friday with Dave Otterer, brought to you by his company interest It vote voted number one by the Business Curve. You need text support for your business. You got problems with computers, somebody's hacked into it. You need best practices whatever it happens to be. Dave and the team are there to help you out at intrustit dot com. Welcome back, Dave Hatter. It's always a pleasure to have you on my program.
Speaker 6: Always my pleasure to be here. By pleasure.
Speaker 1: Hey, I read about it yesterday in the Wall Street Journal. Brought it up and real quick here before we dive into the topics you gave us about. The Chinese Communist Party has an ability to communicate with our green infrastructure. The solar panels and all these other components have apparently built in software and can be put to the various purposes. They say you could hack into the systems and shut down grids. I mean it's really alarming.
Speaker 6: I agree with you wholeheartedly. I saw that break. You may recall, Brian, it hasn't been that long, and we've talked about it multiple times about Chinese electric vehicles. Yeah, and you may not this if you spend any time looking at these so called Internet of things or aka smart devices. This has been a common theme we've talked about. You know, these things all have software in them. That software and you know, hardware that the software runs on these things could.
Speaker 2: Have back doors.
Speaker 6: I think we talked about the Unitary robot from China with the back doors they found in it. And you know, my bigger point is that, yeah, anything that has sultware is potentially vulnerable, and when it's coming from an adversarial country like China, you know, that's just ups the ante. And then to see this story break. And you know, my one of my biggest concerns when you think about critical infrastructure is the power grid because it drives everything else right literally, and if you can knock out the power grid, you potentially, you know, shut down the whole country. So yeah, I think it's very concerning. I mean, I guess the good news is at this point not an enormous amount of our power is generated by soul organ There are about one hundred percent attended on that. But the bad news is it's an increasing component of the overall grid, and the idea that there would be back doors built into these things that would allow remote control, including shutting it down, is pretty disturbing. And I'll just tell people, look no further than stuck in it and what we did.
Speaker 1: To the Uranians exactly. And the article also noted how much Europe, the European Union is depended upon the solar and wind power, all of which you are impacted by this or potentially impacted by this. But if the power doesn't work, you can't trade in bitcoin either, and so we pivot over to bitcoin atm fraud in Arizona. What's the story on this one, Dave.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, so one last quick point on that is, you know, we this is a perfect example buying of a why we need to be skeptical about so called smart devices and they need to be thoroughly better than b We've got to reshure and start making things here so we don't have to worry about these threats, right. Yeah, So this this is a scam, and you know, it's just more of the same old thing of you know, you get some kind of text, email, phone call, whatever. Scammers will come at you and whatever media they can find you in and then tell you you know where the FBI, where the I R S, where your local sheriff's office, whatever, and you know you've got to find a warrant fill in the blank. And then they want to send you to an at that can issue bitcoin so that you can exchange your cash or credit for bitcoin and send the bitcoin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people still fall for that.
Speaker 6: Apparently they do. Apparently there's you know, there's a lot of reporting out of Arizona. You know, there aren't that many bitcoin based ATMs around, but there are out there, and they're not too hard to find.
Speaker 1: The point being though, what no agency in government that has that level of authority would ask you to go over and get bitcoin out through an online transaction to pay off this alleged fine. I mean, that's the laughable part about it. No, they won't do that.
Speaker 6: I agree with you. I don't understand how it is that people don't get that yet, and that, I mean just just the ridiculousness of the whole thing. You know, you have a problem fill in the blank of problem, and some bad thing is going to happen, you know, fill in the blank if you don't get bitcoin or fill in the blank in this case bitcoin by a certain time. Yeah, I'll just encourage everyone that can hear us talking this morning go to the I r S website i r S dot gov and see what they say about how they will contact you. They will not call you, they will not email you, they will not text you and tell you that you have back taxes. But hey, everything will be fine if you just go get some bitcoins and they won't do that.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe it's a state of ignorance brought about by our failing education system. Dave, I don't know. I'm left in I'm just left to wonder about that, you know. And I feel for most most notably seniors who can't stay up with technology and think that this may be a real thing.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah, it's it's hard to understand. And you know, the best advice is always be skeptical and to the extent you can stay aware of these scams. The next best advice is to understand, no legitimate government agency is going to send you to an APM to get bitcoin or paying gift cards or anything like that. And do you have any doubt about that. Yeah, you know, if you have any doubt about something like that, go out of band you go. Let's let's say it's the Kenton County Chrieff's office that's telling you there's a warrant and you're gonna get arrested. If you don't send a bigtoy you go.
Speaker 1: That's not how you get out of warrants for a rest. It's got to be adjudicated in court. Red flags, red flags, you know what, just ignore them completely. If it's legitimate, they will come knocking on your front door. If it's a law enforcement related issue, or if it's the case the irs, you will get a hard copy piece of paper delivered in the mail. Let's pause, we'll bring we'll bring Dave back.
Speaker 6: Then you go there and talk to him in person or call him on a number you could verify, right, and they'll tell you it's a scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they will so confirm your suspicions. Run with your suspicions. We'll bring you back. Apple supporting brain control devices. This is frightening stuff. Brave new world we are facing. That's next without their city talk station, introest it dot com, that's where you find tech Fuddy Dave Hatter Dave, I'm going to be a hard no on this one. There is no way I'm getting a brain implant.
Speaker 6: Well, Brian, I'm going to be a hard right there with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, count on you.
Speaker 6: So let's uh, let's go back to the last story, or really where we started with the Chinese Communist Party backdoors in the solar panels. Okay, how long have we been doing the show, Brian? A long time?
Speaker 1: Right, yes?
Speaker 6: And how many? How many times have we talked about some kind of software of vulnerability that creates a problem a lot because hackers get exploited. Now do you really think do you really think where we're at today? I'm not saying there might not time of time one hundred years from now when something like this would be a lot more difficult to hack. But if you think that some where we're at today, you could have one hundred percent trust that some sort of brings implant could not be hacked somehow to either make you do things you don't want to do. And again, I'm not a neuroscientist. I don't know that much about exactly what they're doing other than they're trying to build an interface between you know, directly between your brain and external devices like neuralink, and in this case, Apple is working with a company called synchron But yeah, with this, I just I have to keep reiterating to people all the time. One of the reasons why we're in the best we're in with all this technology is because this stuff is still fairly immature in the history of the human race, right. I mean it's really only been maybe fifty years since you've had widespread use of technology, and really, you know, thirty years since the Internet and everything has turned digital. All of the technology that makes everything work and it's Internet related is all really old. It was designed in the late sixties and early seventies for the most part. And security, privacy, all these things we care about today. Because everything is digital and because these tech people want to connect directly to your brain, we're designed without security in mind, and thus we have inherently insecure underlying technologies. You've got to do all this stuff to try to secure it. And you know, I could we could do hours of talking about vulnerabilities found in various products and the Internet of things in particular. So this becomes the ultimate Internet of things, right, because you become an object in the Internet of things, if you have some sort of brain implant that allows you to interface directly with these external devices. And yeah, I'm like you, I'm a hard knowing this. I understand what they purportedly claim. The rationale for this is, you know, it's going to let people who have some sort of disability interact with their devices live in more normal life. See again here again, et cetera. Right, But yeah, we're just out of place where there is no way I would trust something like this. And if you every day here in the recent past, as we become more and more dependent on this stuff, you see more and more examples where researchers find a flaw on this. There's a problem with that. Oh look, here's another thing that came from China that seems to have some sort of vulnerability or backdoor in it. Not a chance I would do something like this.
Speaker 1: The brain ship would convince you that the Chinese Communist Party philosophy of politics is a good thing.
Speaker 6: Well maybe, again, I'm no neuroscientists. I don't know, you know, if I would just say this, I mean again, not a scientist operating at this level. I'm just a dumb programmer that tries to tell people to protect their assets and be aware of and take these things seriously. But you know, if I can send a signal to the device and make it do something, and it does something, well, it has to send that feedback to me. Now, I guess if I have fight, I could see that and potentially act accordingly. But if I'm blind, it would have to be able to send some kind of signal back to my brain to tell me that it did it, and they wait for the next step, right, So there would have to be at least some sort of two way communication and knowing that, yeah, not a chance I would do that.
Speaker 1: No, you know, they think about it. They have to get volunteers to try this stuff out to see if it works. I mean, you could put a neuro chip in a mouse, but I don't know how they would test the performance of any given measure by that mouse to do something by just thinking about it. But at one point, you know, there's always some idiot that's willing to say I'll do it. I'll do it. There's a first for everything. That would not be the let's.
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, I will be here, the last.
Speaker 1: On that list when they order you at point of a gun to do it six if you want, if you have KCD talk station. Bryan Tomas, along with Dave Hatter and thanks to his up an interrust it for sponsor in a segment of passling all this information. And I note the article that you attached to this Zuckerberg Surreal New AI app author Adam SD's I think he shares your view of meta generally speaking.
Speaker 6: Well, yes, a dim one at best. But I want to back into this because of the sort of the ridiculousness of it all. And again, Brian, I can only level set here by sayings there may come a time, at some future point when all of this stuff is much more mature, and I would have a lot more confidence in it because all the security flaws are fixed and the privacy concerns are addressed, and we live in a beautiful world like Star Trek where you can just talk to the computer and everything as swell right yeap. That is not our world today. So let me here's a headline. The disturbing message is shared between AI chatbot and teams who took.
Speaker 1: His own life.
Speaker 6: And again I'll post all this in my notes if you read this. Here's just I want to just touch on this and then get back to the mad thing. So when I started using Character AI in April twenty twenty three, shortly after he turned fourteen, and the months to followed, the team became noticeably withdrawal with grow from school and extracurricuters and started spending more and more time online. His time on Character AI grew to harmful dependency, to suit state. So there's a lawsuit because this kid was talking to Danaris Targon or I don't know, some character from Game of Thrones which I did not watch. He's in love with this thing. You can read all of this feedback between him and this AI bot that's telling him that it loves him and blah blah blah. It's really super disturbing if you dig into this a bit. Here's another headline related to it. Boy fourteen sell in love with Game with Thrones chatbot and kill himself after AI app told him to quote come home to her. And there's screenshots of all this stuff. Okay, but yeah again, I'll put this in the notes and maybe we dig into this particular thing. It's super disturbing and people really need to talk to their kids. It's a machine. It's not your friend. Now that gets this back there where we started. Mark Zuckerberg envisions the future where your friends are AI chatbots. There's another related headline once Zuckerberg is missing on AI and loneliness, and you know, several interviews recently he's talked about this. He's wearing these crazy glasses, which I think are the new ray band glasses, which they've conveniently built so that you know, while you're talking to someone, they can scan your face and learn about you and report your conversations and every other sort of dystopian proelian thing you could possibly imagine. But he gets into this idea that Americans only have three friends, and so I'm going to read a direct note to the average American I think has fewer than three friends, three people they consider friends, and the average person has demand for meaningly more. I think it's like fifteen friends. And you know, the idea is here that the meta AI, as opposed to the open AIAI or Google or fill in the blank rock from X, it's going to become your friend. You know, don't don't reinvest in communities, don't build things for human beings can interact with each other. Now, just get on the line and talk to Denarius, car gun or whatever, and you know, then eventually you'll kill yourself. I guess allegedly purportedly, it's I don't know, man, this this stuff that is so insane, And I guess the takeaway for me is, you know a lot of these AI tools can be very helpful in a lot of ways, but they're not your friend. And you know, if you think you have a meaningful relationship with some AI you're talking to online, I would ask you to step back and question that. You know, and we really need to be talking to our kids about.
Speaker 1: This, amen. You know, I suppose that this this is more of a problem for folks who are already struggling with some sort of I don't know, diagnosable mental health problem, because I mean, I spring from the proposition that I know that this is not that character from gain Thrones, because that is a fictional character. And then I'm dealing with something that is computer generated. So how could I possibly go down the rabbit hole of taking what that particular generated text or communication is serious or in some way, shape or form actually real. I just I could never get over that. I mean, I'm talking to a robot basically, I know what I'm talking with. This isn't a human being capable of emotion or you know, being honest with me or anything like that. It's just I don't know. You You got to take into a step into a different realm to to fall into the belief that you're actually talking with something that is substantive and genuine.
Speaker 6: So let me hit you with another quote here real quick, for aunt of time. For people who don't have a therapist, I think everyone will have an AI, Zuckerberg said in a separate podcast. You know they already want to know everything there is to know about you to manipulate you, at least from a marketing purpose. Forget whatever else. Yeah, whatever else has been left. We already know your data is leaked and stolen all the time. Yeah, can you imagine. I mean, at least when you talk to a live therapist, right, there are rules around what they can disclose. Now you're telling your deepest, darkest secrets in this AI. That's capturing all that and stintly sharing it with any unknown third parties. Crazy. Absolutely are not ready for this. The technology is not ready for it, people are not ready for it. We really need to as people slow roll this it's getting out of hand.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother, appreciate all that you do for the listening audience keeping them aware of this and the most notably the dangers associated with this tech world we live in. Tune in next Friday for another edition to Tech Friday with Dave Hadder. Thanks again to interrust it Online at intrust it dot com. Dave, you have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Speaker 6: Thanks bying you to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Then, Yes, Sir, coming up on six fifty seven and after the top of their news Toddsen's or Citizen Watchdog. He'll be in studio going over all kinds of issues related to what I will call Shenanigan's the city of Cincinnati, plus the signed the Hyde Park Square ballot initiative that's being circulated as well, and he's behind that effort. So Todd Enzer up next. It's seven oh five here a fifty five kir CD talk station. Love when guests are in studio, and I love talking to todds Zenser even though the content we've always revealed Shenanigans most literally in the city of Cincinnati. He is the citizen watchdog and the citizens of the city of Cincinnati. I think go you a debt of gratitude for the work that you do and your focus and your willingness to stick at something and look behind all the look at all the details and the documents behind the scene to point out the mismanagement of basically finances and well the government generally speaking. Good to have you back in studio, Todd Zenzer, Thank you, Brian, good morning, good morning. And you can get his podcasts where you get your podcast Citizen Watchdog Citizen Watchdog podcast where he goes into detail about all these things he reveals. Let's start with I know you're behind and helping assist with getting signatures for the Save Hyde Park Square ballot initiative, which is a referendum to nullify the council's April twenty third decision depriving the residents of the Hyde Park area from their rights to control their destiny in terms of zoning. And I had the guy who was I can't remember what the name of the site was, but he has the depictions of what this monstrosity hotel and all this upgrades will look like, and it just looms so large over the existing high you have to see it to fully understand it. I mean, because if you hears someone talking about, well, the elevation is only going to go up in an X number of feet, but when you see what that's going to mean for the look of Hyde Park Square, it's like, oh my lord, it's bad.
Speaker 5: Of the the witnesses at that I don't know if it was at the council meeting or at the Planning Commission said imagine if you've ever ever been to.
Speaker 1: The arc exhibit yeah in Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she said, imagine that arc sitting on Hyde Park Square. That's what she described it as.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that is a really great way of describing it, because that thing is just monstrous.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So that's what they're that's what they're looking at. And this is this is a true petition drive. This isn't just for you know, for show. They're actually out there gathering signatures on petitions.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And from my conversation with you off air before we started this morning, there are you've already got thousands of signatures on this petition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're making progress great.
Speaker 1: And my understanding is you've got to have a minimum of ten thousand, but you want to get a lot more than that because some of the signatures get thrown out like someone else that lives outside of the city signs it and that won't count exactly. All right. So you've been around town doing signature gathering and I understand you've got some some events coming up and locations where the petition can be signed.
Speaker 5: Yes, the next one is tomorrow afternoon in pleasant Ridge from two to five pm at the Nine Giant Brewery on Montgomery Road.
Speaker 1: Nine Giant Brewery, sixty ninety five Montgomery Road between two and five pm. Stop on end. You don't have to have a beer, but why wouldn't you and sign the petition. And now there are people walking around downtown and hanging out in dives and places like that to get these signatures.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Hyde Park citizens have mobilized in a big way. Good and yeah, they're all over the place.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's an incentive for people who don't aren't impacted by the Hyde Park development. It's just because again, the right to control your own neighborhood, your own your own community. They're all different. I mean, there's a lot of different communities in the Citi. Sin say, the Bond Hill was the victim of this kind of thing, and so Bond hill residents because they got burned by since they council trumping what they wanted. Well, get out there and sign the petition.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and it's not it's not going to stop. There's there's a new initiative now that the city is coming up with where they want to rezone our hillsides so that they can develop our hillsides. It's called the Hillside Initiative. The hillsides are I don't I haven't looked a lot into it yet, but there's a Hillside Trust that basically is responsible for preserving all these hillsides, and the city is out there engaging in community engagement asking people not whether or not we should develop the hillsides, what would you like to see developed on the hillsides. That's how they operate. They start from.
Speaker 1: That foregone conclusion that this will happen. So here's give me your input exactly.
Speaker 5: And it's very important that people pay attention. This is another sneak attack, just like connected communities, and we really need to pay attention to what's going on here. We're going to we're going to lose our hillsides to developers. Next.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what does it mean to develop the Hillsides anyway, what of their proposals for it.
Speaker 5: They'll put housing or they'll put you know.
Speaker 1: These connected communities focused like small multi unit buildings and things.
Speaker 5: That's the thing. They haven't really shown their card yet. They're out there asking the public about it, but they haven't really shown their cards yet. But the Hillsides, from what I understand, make up like twenty percent of the land in the city. So they want to go after that and open it up to development.
Speaker 1: So are they going to bring back inclines then, because they don't want us drive in cars.
Speaker 5: I would love to see the price ill in client come back, but that's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Just for nostalgia a proprix exactly like San Francisco's street car is not exactly the best mode of community a mode of transportation. But it's cute to see.
Speaker 5: But it's the folks in Hyde Park Square are out there. You know, they're they're doing work for all of us on this petition drive.
Speaker 1: I agree, And let's face it, every single neighbor in the city of Cincinnati was a victim of this when they foisted connected communities without everybody, without hearing from people. That's right, so it's been done to everyone, and then they go and give a waiver for these well connected developers. A phrase I got for you from you in Hyde Park to waive connected communities concept in Hyde Park Square.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny. We were when we were collecting signatures last night. Somebody actually came in and said, oh, these well connected developers.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, that's great listening to Todd Zinser. And you know it's the truth. I mean what I mean, it just it reveals so much about where the loyalty of the elected officials, the council members and the and the mayor are. It's not their constituents.
Speaker 5: It doesn't seem to be Brian, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, elections can have consequences, and we are going to get an opportunity. Well, citizens of Cincinnati are going to get an opportunity to maybe vote for different people in November. Yes, how optimistic are you that that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Well, one good sign is that, from what I understand, the Democrats were supposed to come out with their slate their slate card by now, and they've pushed that back totally, So they may be having some difficulty trying to figure out who they should run for council. I mean, the mayor of course is set, but the Blue ticket or the Democrats isn't settled yet.
Speaker 1: So perhaps some infighting, maybe even over zoning issues inside the Democrat party.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. You know, they have one vacancy that they have to fill. There's one incumbent that's not Victoria Parks is not running again, so there's one empty slot, so they have there's probably disagreements about who should fill that slot. And then I think there may be some incumbent council members who aren't aren't a sure thing for the ticket.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, is anybody out loud running against like, for example, either connected communities or what was done to Hyde Park as a Democrat? Like here, I am a Democrat. I want to run for since a city council and I object completely to what they did to the residents of High Park.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there are definitely Democrats who are concerned about what went on. And I think what you're going to see is the Charter Committee is working on coming up.
Speaker 1: With a slate, I would hope, so, I mean.
Speaker 5: And those that slate is not going to be one party or another. It's going to be it's going to be a combination of independence, a Republicans, some Democrats.
Speaker 1: Well isn't that kind of what the Charter Committee is all about.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: It's common sense government, correct.
Speaker 5: So we'll see what happens there. I mean, I think there's going to be some competition.
Speaker 1: Well, i'd like to see that, and i'd like to see some you know, some reporting on it. You know, people talking about the issues, raising awareness that there is a choice that you have, that it maybe represent you better as a resident of the City of Cincinnati. I mean, it's going to take all of that. A well oiled campaign.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're going to see You're going to see social media. There's going to be The Charter Committee is refreshing their website. I do believe they're very serious about challenging the incumbents here.
Speaker 1: Good good, Well, you've got the fifty five Cassee Morning Show to spread the word about those alternatives, because there's got to be a change, and you have a multitude of reasons why other than just this one issue, the zoning issue, for why there needs to be a change. And we're going to continue with Todd Zenzer and talk about some of that. Remember it's Citizen Watchdogs his podcast. Make sure you find that to stay up on what's going on in the city of Cincinnati seven to fifteen. Right now the fifty five cars Detalk station. Brian Thomas was citizen watchdog Todd Zenser in the studio. Let's pivot over to another area of mismanagement by city government. That will be the equipment used to clear our roads and service our roads and things of that nature. And we found out it was only January this year. Hell, they didn't even plow out of the roads like a Mount Adams and the like. A lot of equipment apparently, as we learned at the time, was out of commission. Yeah, and they also had manpower issues, which we can talk about. But Todd Zinzer, you investigated this, what did you learn? Well your investigation, well what I did?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to keep track or come up with these deficits that the city has. They have a deficit on their pension liability of oh, eight hundred plus million dollars. They've got to close that gap in twenty years, which would take about forty million dollars a year. And then we have the infamous four hundred million dollars in deferred infrastructure maintenance. Right, by the way, I've never seen a list that totals four hundred million. I've seen lists of total two hundred and fifty and two hundred. They've never produced a list of that four hundred million. But that's the number they use. In fact, when we were in the throes of the campaign, they said it was five hundred million.
Speaker 1: But why would they want to admit to something that makes them look even more incompetent by inflating that figure. If they had hanging it's only two hundred and fifty million, we can manage that, we'll catch up eventually. But by saying it's four hundred or five hundred million dollars, they've acknowledged that they have ignored a problem in road maintenance for even worse than what we perceive it to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, they did that so that people would vote to sell the railway.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, is that the reason?
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly. And then I was then when this snow, this winter storm Blair came up and we had twenty of our snowplows out of commission or broken down, it indicated the problem with this fleet maintenance.
Speaker 1: So much like ignoring the pension. Much like ignoring the roads, This is ignoring the fleet over time.
Speaker 5: That's right. So I found this report from the internal audit manager in the city. So I looked into that operation I don't know, a few months ago and had some observations. I was somewhat critical. But they issue a report and it stands out among their reports because it's almost twenty pages long and it's got twelve findings. You look at their other reports and they're all like six seven pages long, and they got a couple of observations, but this was a fairly hard hitting report and it had twelve findings, which is very unusual. And some basic things. Well, they have forty five percent of fifteen hundred vehicles are out of life cycle.
Speaker 1: So almost half of all of the vehicles they have are out. What does out of life cycle mean specifically?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: So in their fleet management, they keep track of how old the vehicle is, how many miles it has, what it's a maintenance record looks like, and they have a software that helps them manage the fleet, and they come up with this indicator of out of life cycle. And this auto report found that six hundred and eighty almost seven hundred of their vehicles are out of life cycle, and they had three big categories. But the total cost to replace all those is eighty two million dollars. Oh great, And so you have the pension liability, you have the deferred maintenance, you have the vehicle of purchase and replacement. And I'm sure there are other deficits out there, we just don't know what they are right now. But those three items total one point three billion.
Speaker 1: Dollars billion with a bee.
Speaker 5: Yes, And you don't see any activity in council to address this.
Speaker 1: Well, do you think the council members are even aware of this?
Speaker 5: Well, I think they are generally aware of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, generally, But now I'm talking about Todd Zenzer level awareness, where you have the actual dollars. You look at the reports that exist. This report that you're referring to that allowed you to crunch the numbers that identified all these different problems. It came out of over a year ago, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, came out in January of twenty four. And if the council and the city manager and the mayor read the report, I don't see how they couldn't have come up with some kind of action to to fix it. Because Here's here's what's funny, because.
Speaker 1: They're too busy chiefs in their green New deal tail exactly.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing. If they truly believed what they were saying about climate change and the fact that all these that all these storms and weather issues and and and all of that is caused by greenhouse gases, you'd think they would have looked at this report and said, oh my god, we're going to have all this bad weather coming. We better, we better make sure we're prepared.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 5: They can't possibly believe all this big green Cincinnati plan and all the disasters that are going to happen because they're not they're not uh uh managing for it.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll talk more about this since a green plan coming up. I mean, the whole notion that the city of Cincinnati, within these geographic limitations that it has, can have some sort of, you know, plausible impact on the global climate is just a joke. Yeah, that anyone thinks that that is. It's just it's nonsense. And it's obviously there's something else behind the curtain of these green energy projects, and gee, I wonder what it is. Seven twenty five ifty five Kara City Talk Station more with Todd Zenzer or Citizen Watchdog Ay thirty fifty five car City Talkstation. I hope you're having a happy Friday. I always enjoy my conversation with Todd Zenzer, the enlightening they are and times doing the heavy lifting and paying attention to the important bottom line figures for the city government. What's out there, what needs to be done, what's being neglected, and where they're focusing their attention. And you alluded to it. We just mentioned it, the Green Energy Plan, which I think I learned from you or someone else that at least Mayor I have to have Purvoll and quite a few other members of council everything from a lens of green new deal sort of focus, as well as DEI Yes.
Speaker 5: When he was interviewed about their twenty twenty three Green Cincinnati Plan, the Mayor said that any everything that comes across his desk he views through two lenses, equity and climate. And I don't even know what that means, to be honest, I don't either, but he's very committed.
Speaker 1: And ought to be committed.
Speaker 5: The Green Cincinnati Plan is very very extreme. I mean it is they put so much effort and planning into that thing. I've asked for any records that will show what the cost of the Green City Plan is in terms of what a cost to put it together, and I asked for the same information on connected communities. I haven't gotten anything back yet. Course you have it, but it is the Green Cincinnati Plan is just very, very extreme.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: For example, Phil, let's talk about the examples.
Speaker 5: Five different types of equity are outlined in the plan.
Speaker 1: How does equity save the planet.
Speaker 5: Brian, I don't know about all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Money goes out the door to fund what non government organizations are putting together studies and doing focus groups and that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've I've been looking at the nonprofits and external organizations that the city gives money to and Mike count is up to two hundred and fourteen.
Speaker 1: So two hundred and fourteen hands in the cookie jar. Yes. Meanwhile, we got over a billion dollars in outstanding debt and maintenance and upgrade needs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what seventy one organizations are giving money under the Green Cincinnati Plan and we have any idea what they're doing, well, and we know what they got the money for generally, but we there's no there's no report back on what they actually do with the money.
Speaker 1: Well, see, that's there's something like that USAID revealed when DOGE took a look at that, they found that money went out the door, but they never followed up like for example, you know, studying I don't know, transgender mice or pick your favorite example of money millions of dollars squad. Yeah, did anything get accomplished by the recipients of the money or was it just money that went to some identified not for profit or non government or governmental organizations who purported to address whatever issue they were told to do.
Speaker 5: Yes, So they have a number of grant programs that they operate. There's there's fourteen competitive grant programs that the city operates with either federal money, state money, Cincinnati money. But on the there's a category called Leverage Support in addition to the Cincinnati Plan, in addition to the ACT Percinci program, in addition to what's the other one, A Safe and Clean is another program. And they have all these programs where all these nonprofits and and the amounts range from like nine hundred dollars to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. And so they have all these organizations getting money, and we really don't have a good handle on exactly how they're managing that money. And there's just a lot of risk there for a lot of leakage, a lot of misappropriation. And I've found one audit of one recipient in the last several years, and it was a pretty good They had some pretty good findings actually, and that that should have caused them to look at a lot more of these organizations than they have looked at and well.
Speaker 1: Boiled down to its most base points. What do the audit reveal about that one organization? It was recipient of the taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 5: So this is it was kind of surprising because this is the regional Economic Development initiative, and so this is an initiative with other local governments and the let me see if I can find the results here.
Speaker 1: Real quickly, Well why are you doing that? We can talk, We can further about this because we can't put this subject matter to rest, and because we're coming up on a break here. But I must observe that you know, some entity out there is getting a quarter of a million dollars. We don't know exactly what they're doing or what they're accomplishing. But those entities employ people. A salary must be paid because this isn't all volunteer work going out there, That's right. So you we are basically so after the salary is paid, what what did you get in return for paying that person's salary? What's left over from that that allocation to cover whatever costs associated with whatever work they're doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, there are some of these groups that they have, they have millions of dollars in assets that are getting these big nonprofit and they're getting two hundred, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars from the city. One of them, the CEO, is making over four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm talking about right there.
Speaker 5: And it's like, why do you need our two hundred thousand dollars if they're able to pay your CEO over four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe because that's some of that money's going to come back to fund campaigns to get city council members and the mayor re elected. Seven thirty five fifty five k CD talk station seven forty one I fifty five KRCD talk station talking with Todd Zenzer CITs in Watchdog, former Inspector General for the United States, looking at what information is available, and it's kind of frightening stuff when it comes to finding out how many of these outside organizations are being funded by the city since an eighty dollars in the name of the Green Energy Plan or whatever the hell it's called. And Todd's revealed already this morning of one over one billion dollars in outstanding obligations, and there could be a whole lot more than that. We're talking about the equipment eighty two million dollars worth of out of lifestyle equipment, which is exactly why the plows weren't running around January four hundred, or between two hundred fifty and four hundred million dollars in road repairs that are outstanding and behind do so add that to the list and eight hundred fifty million dollars in outstanding pension allogation behind the eight ball by eight hundred and fifty million dollars. So there's your billion plus right there. And as it turns out, a lot of money flowing out of the city since then, he going to these couple of one hundred different outside entities, mostly in the name of green energy and Green New Deal kind of crap, none of which we have any control overs. But that's where the nefarious part comes in. You know, we can't change the climate just by taking steps in that direction. With the City of Cincinnati on its own, we're all breathing the same air globally, So there's got to be something nefarious about it. And as it turns out, a lot of people making a lot of money off the tax dollars going out to these organizations, and yet they can't show what they've done in return for the money. They can't even account for where the money was direct. You had that audit you mentioned, and you pulled it out, So explain to my listeners about that one, because it's it's just it's illustrative.
Speaker 5: Well, one of the groups that are getting a lot of money from the city is called the Regional Economic Development Initiative, and that's a group of local governments and the internal audit manager just to issue a report in April end of April this year, so a few weeks ago, and their audit, and again I've been critical of them in the past, but again this audit identified had four findings. Number one and they the way they were these findings. It's way too gentle, you know, they try not to offend people by hitting them too hard. But number one is contract management review and oversight need.
Speaker 1: Improvement, need improvement.
Speaker 5: Yes, and they identified, for example, fourteen thousand dollars spent by that group with no supporting documents, so it's.
Speaker 1: You can't audit it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's another finding.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: Another finding is a third party is unable to verify the terms of the contract. So what that's saying is that somebody coming in from the outside to try that tries to figure out whether you're complying with the contract. They're not able to do that because of the way that the organization is maintaining their records. Another one is payroll journals contain insufficient information to determine whether contractual terms are upheld. What that means is that this organization is not keeping track of how much time their employees are spending on city matters because that's what gets build to the city. So they can't even tell you how much of the money they pay their employees is for work that went to the city.
Speaker 1: And this is just one. This is just one.
Speaker 5: This is one that's been around a long time. There's been getting money from the city for a long time. This isn't one of these small, you know, little nonprofits. This is a well established organization. It's very, very shocking to me.
Speaker 1: It is I'd like to say unbelievable. No, but it's totally believable under the current administration and how it's been operating now for the past several decades. This eight hundred and fifty million dollar hole, this billion plus dollar hole we just went through and you talked about earlier, didn't happen overnight.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: How many years The Democrats have been in control of the City of Cincinnati A long time? Uh huh, long time. This happened on their watch.
Speaker 5: And this council and this mayor are engaging in the same kind of conduct that led to these deficits. They're not they're not paying attention to how much money they're spending on other things other than these deficits.
Speaker 1: And maybe we can bring back up the railroad sale, because you mentioned how they use these numbers to parlay us into believing the sale the railroad is going to help, and see if it actually did help the situation at all under the current circumstances. Seven fifty coming up at seven fifty one I fifty five K City Talk Station. One more segment here with Todd Zenzers, citizen watchdog, former Inspector General, and he is doing as much suspecting as he can with the books being cooked in downtown Cincinnati. You had mentioned off air, are you mentioned on the air about these two hundred plus organizations that all have their hand in the cookie jar? They're not regularly audited. The one audit you were able to find show that they were not well capable of even being audited. They didn't know where the money was going, how it was being spent. So that's probably illustrative of probably every other of the couple one hundred of these organizations. But you mentioned how much it's expanded. The number of these organizations has expanded. The hands in the cookie jar have increased exponentially over the past ten years.
Speaker 5: Right, There's all kinds. There's there's various lists of these organizations in different categories. The main one that I got interested in was the leverage support category, and back in twenty fifteen in the budget in twenty fifteen, I could only find a half a dozen out external organizations or nonprofits that shared about five million dollars. So fast forward to twenty twenty five, we've got over two hundred sharing twenty five million dollars and it's just grown and grown. In fact, a couple of years ago under this administration, this current administration, they had so many of these groups that they had to restructure the budget and create additional categories to put these groups in. It used to be one leverage support category. Now they've got three of those categories. And they've got several other programs like Act for Cinci where they just give they give money. After Act for Sincy, I think there's like forty one groups the Green Cincinnati Plan, there's like seventy one out external organizations that get money. And if you remember our conversation about client tells them that was about the political dynamic that's created, the bond that's created between the incumbents and these grant recipients.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're out there putting banners up and getting petitions signed and campaigning on behalf of the officials.
Speaker 5: Well yes, but in addition to that, you've got to look at the oversight of these organizations, and that's not going on either.
Speaker 1: Who decides what organizations get money? How is any individual orcause I'm going to put my name on that list.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, for to sign up for leverage support, there's an annual application process. Surprise, not surprisingly, the same organizations seem to get funded every year. Yeah, I'm sure, but there's an application process that the city manager's office reviews and recommends the organizations that receive money and how much they get. And now get this. Once that happened, the city manager's recommendations go to the mayor, and the mayor can add or subtract, and there's nothing written about that process how the mayor comes to determine those amounts, and then it goes to the council and the council can add and subtract, and there's nothing to say how they do their decision making there. So, for example, in twenty twenty five, through that process, they added one point five million dollars to this city manager's recommendations, just arbitrarily. There's something wrong with that process.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, I hadn't noticed to. And so if Purvol this parvol can add one of these an additional group, that means that that person, that group that empty has not gone through the city manager review process you spoke of. Well, not whether we can take any comfort in that process by itself. But if you go to the list, then goes to parvol and he can add to it. He could add someone who has any gone through the review process.
Speaker 5: That's right. So the the interesting thing is, and I did a podcast on this, we called it the Missing Audit. The previous mayor, John Brantley and the city council, after the scandal, commissioned an audit of the economic development projects and they hired an audit firm out of Chicago named Crow and Crow issued a draft report in December twenty twenty two, and it included a recommendation about that very process. It says that's not a good process. It's ripe for corruption.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 5: So did the city do anything about that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: They basically buried that report. I finally got just the other day. I had a records request for let's see, I see the draft report. Where's the final report? So I didn't know whether they just canceled the thing or buried it or what. So I did a record request for it. I finally got the documents, and there was a one year gap between the draft report and there is a final report dated November of twenty three. But what happened in the interim between the city and this audit firm is very mysterious. I've never seen anything like it, to be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Todd Zenzer, always revealing things that you've never seen anything like it in spite of the fact that you've been doing this kind of work now for decades former Inspector General Todd and you did it on a federal level too. I mean, this is ah todds Ender Citizen Watchdog. Find a podcast, check it out and thank you again on behalf of all the residents of the city of Cincinnati for the work you're doing. And you know it reveals a lot. Think about if it's this bad in the city of Cincinnati, how bad you think it is on a federal government level. Todd Zenzer will have you back in studio hopefully soon. It's always a pleasure having here my friends. Thanks around, folks, Thank you my pleasure. ALYSSA Plan ahnd local author with The Reason, a book on the Reasons why Zimmer got shut down, Zimmer the movement that defeated a nuclear power plant. That plus so'll hear about the Law Enforcement Expo at eight thirty I'll be right back eight oh five. They five care CD talk station. A very happy Friday to you by the Timas. Please to welcome my next guest, local author, and I enjoy having local authors on the program, Alyssa McClanahan. She is described as a writer scholar specializing in historic preservation and public urban as well as environmental history, as a PhD from my alma mater, PhD in history from the University of Cincinnati, and she's also the author of a book that we'll not be talking about today, Findley Market is Cincinnati, which uses Findley Market as a vehicle to explore the larger history of US cities. Welcome to the program, Alyssa. It's a pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 7: Hello, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Good morning, it's my pleasure. And the name of the book we're talking about today, Zimmer, the movement that defeated a nuclear power plant. I remember the saga Zimmer to a certain agree. It goes back quite a few years. But this the original Zimmer nuclear power plant, as I understand, it was announced or proposed back in nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 7: Yes, correct, Yeah, it goes back quite a bit.
Speaker 1: And so when did the first shovel hit the ground. When did the construction begin on Zimmer.
Speaker 7: Very soon after that? They got a construction permit to start significant amount of work in nineteen seventy two, but they were allowed to do kind of like raising and prepping the site prior to that construction permit. And then when they canceled the project in nineteen eighty four converting it to a coal plant, it was then ninety nine percent built. So the majority of it was built from seventy two to eighty.
Speaker 1: Four, so it took about fifteen years to get it ninety nine percent done, and then they pulled a plug on it.
Speaker 7: Correct. Yeah, so the book explores this saga the strong.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about the saga and drama, because I mean, I'm a fan of the concept of nuclear power. I'm not a global warming believer. I'm not a climate change believer, but you know, if getting carbon out of the air is important, then the best way to do that and provided abundance of cheap, pollution free electricity is a nuclear power plant. They produce a lot of electricity and comparatively small footprint nowadays. But this was your more traditional old school cooling tower nuclear plant. Correct.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yes, So the big thing the book is up to is taking the story of Zimmer, which is one can test a nuclear power plants, and exploring the larger history of nuclear power as it took off and then kind of faltered in the US in the sixties and seventies into the early eighties. One of the things that I want to do for readers is, as we're thinking about reinvesting in nuclear power now for right reasons, as you mentioned, I think we just need to understand this very recent history in the sixties and seventies and eighties. You know, we heavily tried to invest in it in those decades, and the industry faltered significantly at significant costs to utility companies, many of which went bankrupt, to utility customers. And so I think I would I want to share the hang ups of that industry by looking at one interesting story, one local story, to give readers some you know, some good knowledge, some good information to think about it today. Because because you're right, they produce enormous amounts of energy compared to a coal plant, for instance, they are still incredibly expensive to build, which was one of the issues back then. They still, you know, have other hang ups too. They still produce significant numbers of whistle blowing workers who say this isn't safe, this was installed correctly, that was an issue back then. The book explores they still have issues with quality control and assurance. We still have no safe way to actually dispose of the waste, so they're not you know, really renewable. So there's significant issues with them that we just need to think through today. And I'm hoping that by exploring, you know, very recent history through a good story, that readers can get some of that good knowledge so they can better think about nuclear power today. That's what I'm up to.
Speaker 1: That's great, and I think it's an outstanding effort that you've engaged in here, because you know, small modular small modular reactors these days are nowhere anything like the Zimmer Power Plan or those old school nuclear reactors. They're completely different technologies, much smaller, easy to operate, and much less a waste coming out of them, if any. I've heard many people say that there really isn't any at all, but ignoring the realities of modern nuclear actors when it comes to the whistleblowers that were that were coming out, and I even remember hearing news stories about that that it was unsafe with what was coming out the construction concerns. Were those legitimate complaints by legitimate people or were those motivated by political activism.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a great question the former. Actually, So what I found with Zimmer, the vast majority of whistleblowers came out in the late seventies early eighties, so this is years into the plant going under construction. These are pretty much exclusively men who work at the plant or inspect the plant, and they are very, very hesitant to come forward. Many of them described their lives thereafter were just wrecked. They were made paries in their communities, they lost their job, their family felt unsafe. They were incredibly hesitant to come forward. But these were men who ultimately felt like they wanted to point out some serious safety issues. Not all of them had serious have safety issues they were pointing out some of them were not in safety related things that they just felt like, I'm a quality control inspector, this isn't how you do this kind of a thing, you know, the procedural things, which I respect. Others were pointing out thousands of very serious safety issues with Zimmer, to the point that they ended up having to tire lawyers to represent them. And so there's a law firm actually out a DC that came in just this one guy who was very young at the time, and he represented them, and I talked to him quite a lot because he himself, like you, you know, isn't opposed a nuclear power on principle by any means, but he was just very struck by how all of these men were so fearful and felt like I need to come forward. And when they would give public testimony, these would use they would use voice distortion machines, they would cover themselves in drapes looking like ghosts. Essentially, they didn't want to have any of their names released. As a historian, looking at my sources, very few of their names are actually out there. So these are people who were threatened with physical violence. Many of them lost their jobs, and so it was it felt very very real to me, you know. The popular protest movement that emerged across the Cincinnati area was this gradual evolution of some folks that were opposed to it on principle. They were kind of the early activists, and later more and more folks signed on because they were listening to whistleblowers they were paying for Zimmer even though it wasn't producing power. And I think, you know, the whistle blowers, you know, the vast majority of them liked nuclear power. It gave them a really high paying, good job, and so they were really really hesitant to come forward. And when I talked to the men and women that worked with them that got them to kind of come forward, those people just said, you know, we need to understand Zimmer is not unique in this. It's not an aberration that the nuclear power industry, nuclear weapons production facilities produce a huge numbers of whistleblowers in the seventies and eighties, and so I think we need to dig into that whise quality control and assurance missing in that industry. And the book explores that. You know, we've got a rather hands off regulatory system with that industry at large, and so again, if we're thinking about it today, we need to make sure that that is that that's not the issue anymore, because we want people working at these plans to feel safe, and we definitely want the families living around them to feel like you know, as a mom myself, you can raise your kid in the shadow of one of these and know that it's safe. So yeah, I enjoyed researching this because the protests that emerged over it came from all these different angles where some people question, you know, well what if there is an accident, and other people question just the regular radiation that comes from it at low levels, you know, is that safe for my farm or my kids. Other people were really concerned.
Speaker 6: About the cost.
Speaker 7: Ohio has to have state provision that once you completed a new power plant seventy five percent complete, you could include its costs on utility customers bills, and so towards the end of the zimmer Saga, utility customers were paying for a very expensive, very overbudget plant that wasn't yet producing power, and so customers, particularly working class and low income folks, got very upset because they're paying for something that they're not even benefiting from. And so it's this really kind of weird, beautiful story of this protest movement that's not really a movement, but like twelve movements combined. And it was very interesting to study because it's like a lot of different perspectives, liberals, conservatives, all sorts of people that had something to say about it. And I very much.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed that oh, I imagine, and I can see how this coalition would build. All the story is coming out, and you had the initial protesters, the environmentalists, which just I think stood on, well, it's nuclear, ergo it has to be bad. Because this protest started before three Mile Island hit, and of course three Mile Line fueled the fire of that activism. They thought every single one of these plants represented an existential threat to the general community, if not you know, the state, or the geographic area of rather large geographic area. But you mentioned government regulations, and it seems to me that in modern times, governmental regulations are the ones that stand in the way of progress. And I thought maybe that was one of the reasons why it took so long to at least from the start of the project to nineteen eighty four when they pulled the plug on it, that maybe the regulatory environment was part of the problem. But you suggested it, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 7: OK. So it's a little bit of both. What's so interesting about why nuclear power in this country takes off and then kind of to be a bit dramatic like crashes and burns is a host of factors, and so I try to explore this in a really readable, hopefully readable way in the Zimmer book. So protest is one aspect of it, but honestly, they're not really the one thinking the projects. It's actually the money. And I think protests, you know, raises people's awareness of the money in a very important way. But it's the money that really really drives utility companies to cancel these projects. And to your point, part of the enormity of costs in that era was because there's this growing governmental review process, in part because of the environmental movement, and a lot of that was frankly very good. We want to make sure that these things are built safely. But on the other hand, if you're you know, sympathetic to these utility companies, which I try to be in the book, you're just holding costs or growing and growing and growing as you have to go from one public hearing to the next, and then you need twelve different agencies to review this thing. That is a lot, and.
Speaker 6: So you feel for them.
Speaker 7: In addition to that growing governmental review, there's also the issue that the one government agency that's tasked with trying to get these things on air safely, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, took an incredibly hands off approach to that regulation in a way that ultimately drug out the process instead of made it more efficient. They deferred pretty much all of the quality control to utilities, and utilities had no experience building nuclear power plants in the sixties and seventies because no one did. It was very much technology good, so they know, they kind of went at it with a lot of the attitude of well, I know how to build a coal plant, and they did. They were very good at that, but no one knew how to build a nuclear power plan. And as you mentioned earlier, they were huge back then, physically huge, and they required redundant, redundant, redundant quality control to make sure that they were built well and that the men building them were safe and the families nearby were safe. And we just didn't understand that at large, that that's the way you got got to do it. And so because of that kind of lack of quality regulation and deferred regulation to utilities, then they were built pretty poorly, and so then they had to go back and fix themselves over and over again, which is what happens was Zimmer. They get fined by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission babying c GENI for not building it. Well, they got to go back and fix it. They get another sign, they got to go back and fix it. So you do feel bad for the Cincati gas and Electric officials at different points because they just seem like they're trying and they're not succeeding. They certainly were a group of rather arrogant officials. They thought they knew what they were doing. They were very uninterested in outside input. But you also feel sympathetic to them because you know, I'm married to a man that runs a construction based business. Those are really hard businesses to run, and is building massive power plants. I mean, it's one of the most capital intensive industries in the US. And we also have to understand that another factor that sunk nuclear power was that they're building these things in the seventies. That was when the post war economic boom ended and it was yeah, and so that meant that whatever you thought your construction costs were going to be, they suddenly skyrocket. And that is not their fault. You know, they could have maybe projected, okay, what if we do have a recession. They could have done a better job with that, but some of that was out of their control and So what's so interesting about nuclear power is that it's kind of like six different, big, chunky factors that converge to think the industry instead of just one singular thing and that so it's a really layered, nuanced story, and I'm trying to use just one singular place to help readers understand those different factors. And then again think about, Okay, well, what.
Speaker 6: Can we do today?
Speaker 1: Amen offering suggestions and solutions for problems from real life experience. Zimmer The Movement that Defeated a Nuclear Power Plant by my guest today, local author I'lllyssa McClanahan Alyssa. This has been a fascinating conversation. I'm not sure my listeners will be thrilled about getting a copy of the book, since we have such a close connection with it here locally. I will have my producer put it on my blog page fifty five car Sea dot com. But folks, if you're interested, it is available on Amazon. Zimmer The Movement that Defeated a Nuclear Power Plant. My regular producers out today, So I don't know that Danny is how to update my page, but it'll Oh, Danny, you can do it. Wonderful. Then we'll add the link ALYSSA real pleasure Day. Thanks for documenting this in this wonderful book.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much for having me my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Eight thirty one Here fifty five KRCD Talks Station, A happy Friday to you. I hope you got some plans for the weekend, but if you don't, find some time to check out the twenty twenty five law Enforcement Expo that's taking place at the Springdale Community Center this Saturday tomorrow from noon until three. And here to talk about the details of it from the Springdale community, from the community the Community service officer rather for the Springdale Police Department. Keenan reared and good to have you on the program. Keenan, good to be here. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to support law enforcement in any way, shape or form I can. And what a cool event this is. I would think the kids could would absolutely eat this up. Tell my listeners about what's going to be going on at the Springdale Community Center beginning at noon tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we have this huge law enforcement group that's come together in the Community Center parking lot. It's all outdoors. I guess you could call it something similar to like a touch a truck but for police vehicles. But even more than that, you know, tons of free food, free actual ConA ice from one to.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a draw right there, man. Oh I know, although I'm on a no sugar diet so that kind of keeps me out of the fund. But ConA ice for free between one and two.
Speaker 4: Be up for that absolutely, And for your no sugar diet. We got hot dogs and yeah, chips and water and such. Hot dogs donated by Smithfield, so we appreciate them, thank you. And also free bike helmets limited supply donated by the Ohio AAPS put a lid on It campaign. We want to put some helmets on some kids and for safe bike riding.
Speaker 1: Well that's great, so get there early so you don't run out and make sure you get yourself a free bike. Come while you're enjoying your free ConA ice and hot dog. Well you've got my mouth water and thinking about that now because they haven't anything to eat today. But in addition to that, you got some really cool other things like, for example, the SWAT Team's gonna show up.
Speaker 4: Right, We've got SWAT team bringing two of their vehicles, a armored vehicle and then their gear trucks, so you kids can come in kids are adults quite frankly, you can come in and check out see what kind of equipment they use. You might think the swat team has a lot of heavy weapons, and so I said, they do, but they actually use a ton of different tools and left lethal weapons because they want to come out and have a successful event where no one's actually hurt.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do a flash bang demonstration.
Speaker 4: I don't think there'll be a flash bang demonstration, but you know what, we do have a taser demonstration. I still looking for a volunteer for that. I don't know if you're interested.
Speaker 1: Well, you anticipated my question. I was joking this morning about that because I was kidding with Danny the producer today. I said, Danny, would you sign up to be the recipient? He's like, no, no, no, no. But my sister, who retired from Cincinni Police Department after thirty or twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven years, she was a lieutenant, spent an entire working career there, and she told me about when they had to do the taser because officers get tased as part of the training, so they know what it feels like and know what to expect. Right. She had a friend, one of her fellow cadets, a woman who actually enjoyed the experience. I thought that was greatly. I know there's all kinds out there.
Speaker 4: Many years ago in training, many many years ago as a young man, and it was probably the worst experience of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't recommend it. No, I don't either. But there will be a taser.
Speaker 4: We won't be tasing a human. Uh, we'll takes the target in this circumstance. But it's still interesting for anyone that's ever wondered how they work. In addition to that, we have the canine from the Amberley Village PD coming out. Nine Armor Armour is going to do a demonstration for us, hopefully get a bite suit on somebody. And you know, everybody loves dogs. How these canines.
Speaker 1: Operate, what breed is is armor?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know, but many of the common dogs are Belgian Malinois. Yeah if I pronounced that correctly, So many of the police working dogs are using those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're so impressed that that's going to be a really cool demonstration. Plus you're going to have drones.
Speaker 4: Drones Springdale, we now have drones. So we have a couple of our drone operators coming out to do some demonstrations. And actually there's a Hamilton County drone team comprised of some fire departments and police departments that'll come out.
Speaker 1: And they'll have their drones.
Speaker 4: So this is fascinating technology. It is, and I actually just saw a demonstration on it recently that was just my mind was blown the ability of these things. And they're expensive and do a great job and really can take the place of officers when searching areas and things like that, you know, really cut down on personnel. So it's a really nice cool.
Speaker 1: To have, Oh, I imagine, and they're so technologically advanced. I know they have racing teams with drones and I've seen them go through tunnels and in and out of all I mean just really tight spaces. And I imagine I'm not sure to what degree you use the drones right now, but I mean if you had to like do a building search, you can fly these drones around in pretty tight space. Is like if you're searching for somebody you know.
Speaker 4: Understanding is the SWAT teams using them to search inside of thousands and things with search warrants. Instead of them having to go into unsafe situations, they can send a drone in.
Speaker 1: That's really cool, very cool. And you're gonna have the dive team there as well.
Speaker 4: Yep, we'll actually have a boat there's it'll be on the trailer. But the dive team has some pretty interesting equipment, you know, of course, lots of scuba gear and stuff that they use, radar, different tools. Honestly, I'm not an expert on it, but to search underwater to recover cars, but not only that, much smaller items evidence like handguns and things like that, and of course sometimes.
Speaker 1: They recover people. Yes, they do.
Speaker 4: Tough part of the job, but somebody's got to do it. And they are experts in the field, that's for sure. So we appreciate them coming out.
Speaker 1: All right. I also understand you'd be doing some crime prevention tips and also recruiting opportunity is going to be there as.
Speaker 4: Well, right, So, I mean, we have upwards of nearly thirty policet ads and he's coming so oh wow. I wouldn't say it's yeah, I wouldn't say it's necessarily geared towards recruiting, but there are representatives here from the Great Oaks Police Academy, so they can certainly do some recruiting. But if you were interested in a career in law enforcement, what better place to come and you know, introduce yourself or get some business cards or things like that. From where there's like thirty different police agencies. It's a great opportunity for anyone to come and get some name and face recognition. So I highly encourage that. And then a lot of our all these police departments, you know, they have lots of free trinkets and such to give away. I know we have whistles that we're giving away, and ink pens and all kinds of stuff, so there will be tons of stuff to give away, most of it geared towards kids. But you will not leave this event empty handed.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you're going to be impressed by the showing of that we have here and the various officers from these various different agencies. Plus and get you back to recruiting. Obviously, there is more to being a police officer there than you know, showing up and patrolling the streets and walking a beat. You've got all these other areas you could end up with, and so it may be rather appealing to see that for some people who might be considering a career in law enforcement. Well, it's going to be happening again tomorrow Springdale Community Center one one nine nine nine lawn View Avenue in Springdale, Hile, of course, beginning at noon lasting until three. Get your free ConA ice, get your free dogs, get your free bike helmet and a lot of the chum will be offering out like that whistle he mentioned. But also get the chance to see all this equipment and meet some of the officers and thank them for their service to the community while you're at it. I hope people do that. Keenan reared and community service officer, has been great talking with you. I'm glad to have the have you on the program to spread the word about this wonderful event.
Speaker 4: Thank you, sir, Appreciate you and always appreciate your support.
Speaker 1: For law enforcement, anytime of the day, anytime of the week. My friend, I'm always here for law enforcement. Take care of yourself. Thank you. Hey forty four fifty five KRCDE talk station whire over there getting a copy of Elyssa mcclanahan's book on zimmer Zimer, the movement that defeated a nuclear power plant. That was a fascinating intro to that book right there at fifty five cars dot com. Check out The Crimestopper, Bad Guy the Week, Thug Life Looking for Josiah Washington. Wonder for Floridia's assault and felony abduction. Josiah Washington blackmail nineteen years old, six one, two hundred and twenty pounds neck tattoo He's got He's got a history of firearm and motor vehicle and carrying concealed weapons charges. Last known to live in Reading Road in Avondale. Anybody with any information about peace police can find Josiah Washington. Give crime stoppers a call. You will remain anonymous. You'll be eligible for a cash reward if your tip leaves to an arrest. It's five one three three five two thirty forty five one three three five two thirty forty. You can submit a tip online crime dash stoppers dot us or you can go to P three tips dot com to submit your anonymous tip. You'll be eligible for a cash reward if that dime you drop leads to an arrest. But I always recommend let's crime stoppers keep the money. They do a great job at helping track down bad guys, check them out. Fifty five KRSE dot com just shiv fifty one, fifty five KRSD talk station. So I started out the program talking about this, and I'm still I still am in disbelief and just kind of wondering if if somebody had done this relative to Barack Obama or Joe Biden or some other Democrat president, if they'd gotten away with it. But James Comy, you remember James Comedy, former ex FBI director that was let go by Donald Trump. I guess he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder, since some people believe he issued a message suggesting someone should assassinate Donald Trump. He posted on social media photograph of some shells and stones up on the lining up on the beach with the number eighty six, follow the number forty followed by the number forty seven. Many and that eighty six meaning like a hit job or elimination of because you know when you eighty six something, that's exactly what that means. Forty seven, of course, suggesting President Donald Trump, since he's the forty seven president of the United States of America. Posted with a caption this photograph of stones and shells in the sand, cool shell formation on my beach walk. H So, when word hit and this thing went viral, and people are going like, wait a second, is the former FBI director suggesting someone actually eighty six the president of United States of America. He took it down and he left this caption, removing any doubt that he knew exactly why he put it up there in the first place. I posted earlier a picture of some shells I saw today on a beach walk, which I assumed were a political message. I didn't realize some folks associate those numbers with violence. It never occurred to me, but I opposed any kind of violence any kind, So I took the post down. You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth on this. I assumed it was a political message when he posted it. If you're not talking about eighty six ing the forty seven president the United States of America, how could eighty six forty seven be interpreted as a political message? And by posting that political message, you're advancing it, or at least suggesting some I presume some level of approval of it. It wasn't posted with found this on the beach. This is reprehensible. No one ever suggests this. It's a bad thing to suggest killing the President United States of America, and others observed, like James Blair, White House Debuty chief of Staff for Legislative, Political and Public Affairs. He pointed out Trump's traveling in the Middle East right now while the former XBI drafter director, who I presume has a number of people following him. For a sitting president who fights against Islamic terrorism and fundamentalism, Donald Trump's not a beloved person in the Middle East, probably the worst possible place he could ever be when it comes to people maybe making threats on his life alone. For those reasons, James Blaer said, this is a clarion call from Jim coming to terrorists and hostile regimes to kill the President of the United States as he travels in the Middle East. Any Democrat or media outlet who fails to condemn this clear incitement of violence is complicit and must be described as such.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 1: So far, I will point out, and I haven't stayed up on it since I got up this morning and read this horrific story, which I guess broke last night. I haven't seen a lot of overwhelming reaction from the left wing mainstream news outlets on this one, condemning it. Er go, I'm with James Blair, They're complicit.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We live in trouble times, don't we. Well, regardless of that, it is Friday, it is time to start thinking about the weekend. I hope you got some great plans tonight, tomorrow night, maybe Sunday. And of course you got the the Law Enforcement Expo. The details at fifty five KRC dot com. I want to thank you Danny Gleeson for covering for him for Joe Strekker while he's out today. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, if you ging a chance to listen live talk about Chinese infiltration of our equipment. We also talked about bitcoin fraud in Arizona. I don't know how people fall for that one. Apple supporting brain controlled devices that chip in your brain. Meta's new AI app also a frightening things data hell away from it. Summarizing my conversation with Dave Hatter, Todd Zinzerg in studio for a full hour talking about shenanigans going on in the city of Cincinnati, and he just lays it out so clear. It's just scary. How financially mismanaged the city is and how corrupt it seems to be. So here what Todd has to say podcast fifty five KRC dot com and get a copy of Zimmer The Movement that Defeated a Nuclear power plant, as well as listening to the conversation with Alyssa McClanahan. Fascinating, fascinating insight into what that book has to say. Get a copy of it at fifty five KRS dot com. Again, have a wonderful weekend, folks, Thanks for tuning in today, and stick around because Glen Back's comin' up.