Speaker 1: Happy birthday to ROBERTA. Lee Streeter. Bobby Gentry born on this day of nineteen forty two, Woodland, Misissippi.
Speaker 2: The June another sleepy, dusty dell.
Speaker 3: Today. I was out chopping cotton and my brother.
Speaker 2: Was bailing hay and at dinner time to stop and walked back to the house to eat.
Speaker 4: And Mama hollered at the back door, y'all remember to wipe your feet.
Speaker 1: Bobby is eighty two today.
Speaker 4: And then she said, I got some neooze this morning from chock Tarbridge. Today, Billy Joe McCallister jumped off the teller at Geach. Papa said to Mama as he passed her around the black.
Speaker 1: Gody, the pass the piece please.
Speaker 4: Village Joe never had a lick of sense. Pass the biscuits please. There's five more acres in the lower forty I've got to play.
Speaker 3: Mama said.
Speaker 4: It was a shame about Billy Joe, and it has.
Speaker 1: This song was third on the Billboard year in chart of nineteen sixty sevens four weeks at number one. If you're gonna have one big hit, you wanted to be as colossal as the ode to Billy Joe. And we still don't know what they threw off that bridge. Gee doing Billy Joe conjecture, conjecture. The conspiracy theories still abound all these years later. Heavy Birthday, Bobby Gentry. Before we look at and look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these seventeen eighty nine President George Washington Signs of Measure established in the Department of Foreign Affairs. You got to talk to those people in other countries, right, Okay, that's one necessary government bureaucracy this date. In eighteen sixty six, cyrus Field finished laying out the first successful underwater telegraph cable between North America and Europe. So now not only do I have a Department of Foreign Affairs, but now we've got a way to talk to them more directly. Nineteen oh nine, during the official test of the US Army's first airplane, Orville Wright blew flew himself. I was going to say, blew himself. No, flew himself in a passenger above Fort Meyer, Virginia, for for an hour and twelve minutes. At first, Wright Brothers flight lasted how many seconds? The first pop chart music popularity chart printed by Billboard Magazine on this date in nineteen forty In first place was I'll Never Smile Again, recorded by Tommy Dorsey with Frank Sinatra Old Blue Eyes on the mic I'd See. Nineteen seventy four of the House Judiciary Committed voted twenty seven to eleven to adopt the first of three articles of impeachment against Richard Nixon. They never got to because, of course, he resigned nineteen eighty On day two hundred and sixty seven of the Iranian hostage crisis, the depost Chavararan died at a military hospital outside of Cairo, Egypt. Nineteen eighty one, six year old Adam Walsh was abducted from a department store in Hollywood, Florida, later murdered his father, John Walsh, of course, subsequently became a victim's rights activist and then the television show America's Most Wanted. Nineteen ninety six, terror struck the Atlanta Olympics as a pipe bomb exploded at Centennial Olympic Park, killing one person injuring one hundred and eleven. Eric Rudolph later pleaded guilty to the bombing. The Olympics are going on in Paris. As we speak, Bobby Gentry's birthday. Actor director Betty Thomas is seventy seven. Olympic gold medal figure skater Peggy Fleming is seventy six today. Maureen McGovern had a big hit in the nineteen seventies. I think seventy five today. Carol Leefer comedian sixty eight. Comedian Bill Ingviell is sixty seven. Donnie En. Let's see Karen Allison, great jazz singer, Julianna Hadfiel, Julian McMahon, triple h the former professional reppler wrestler. He's a reppler and he turns the double. Nichols fifty five, Maya Rudolph fifty two, Peter Yorn, former American League or All Star, Alex Rodrigres Rodriguez. This is going to be a fun morning. I can tell already. Is forty nine. A rod is forty nine today. I should have just started right there. Now that's enough. If it's your birthday, I hope it is the best birthday you could possibly imagine. You get to spend it doing things you love with people you love to do them with, or maybe all by your lonesome. Whatever flies, your flies, your skirt up whatever floats your boat. Happy birthday, Hope, it's a great one for you. I see lady Lynette's on the line, so we'll get here momentarily. It is five p forty two. What there is of weather and sports? Coming up next on the Saturday morning edition on seven one hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW Sport. Our boy Liam is down, so it's up to me. The Reds rally in the tenth inning and beat the Tampa Bay Rays last night at Tropicana Field three to two. The final U Nicolodola started for the Reds and the game was deadlocked at two into the seventh or sixth inning, and then finally, surprise, surprise, Stuart Fairchild comes home with the winning double in the tenth down the left field line, and that's it. They Diaz holds them off in the bottom of the tenth and there's game one of that series on the road. They'll go at it again this afternoon our Inside Pitch at three ten and at fourteen four to ten, all the play by play action Reds and Rays from Tampa Here on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW. The Olympics continue. We'll talk about the dreadful opening ceremonies. If you want a little bit later on FC Cincinnati off this week. The League's Cup play going on, and we'll have them back on the air the second they are back on the pitch. Here on seven hundred WLW or friends at ESPN fifteen thirty, your phone calls and more frivolity ahead as we get you going on a Saturday at seven hundred WLW five eight right and early mouth not working. See that's the thing. If you're on TV you have a teleprompter dot people talking in your ear constantly. It's what called an IFB. You have all kinds of extra help. Plus, if they're putting you on TV, you're not a troll. You're not an ugly person. So sometimes if you're having an off DA, MTV, all you gotta do is just be pretty in radio. You're having an off day. This is all you got to show for yourself. And if your motor skills aren't fully functional, something like this happens. So I'm looking forward to watching words, bumbling thoughts being as incoherent as a certain soon to be ex president probably all morning. So I apologize in advance. Gary Jeff with the lovely Lady Lynette, who is also known as Dave, doesn't know this. We have a new producer this morning, Dave Keaton, because Liam is out. He's ill, and I ask you all to pray for Liam. He's got pneumonia. But Dave doesn't know that. Lynette changed her name to Mammetry. Mammetry, are you there? Hello, Mammetry?
Speaker 5: Can you hear me? I?
Speaker 1: Can you sound beautiful?
Speaker 5: This phone has been downing people and everything and it got lower and I thought, ohs are gonna cut me off?
Speaker 1: Well apparently not, since I'm talking to you right now, we're on the air. What have you got for me? Mam Tree.
Speaker 5: It's called We're marching to Zion?
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's march to Zion.
Speaker 5: Where march TUSI oh my lost my boys.
Speaker 6: Tusian beauty, beauty zie and where marchy uh for to side.
Speaker 5: And that beautiful city of God. Amen. She give me ice water with my medicine about ten minutes ago. Oh no, I had saved water is three hours ago, so it be room temp to take my morning medicine.
Speaker 1: So you don't like ice?
Speaker 5: Not for saying? And you know I have a frog voice or not drink ice water.
Speaker 1: I no, I did not know that for some people ice water would help others that might inhibit and apparently that is the case in your case.
Speaker 5: What's that hot tea but nothing ice?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, now I've done. Now do you do lemon with the hot tea or no?
Speaker 5: I just drink hot tea with nothing in it? Okay, unless it's sweetener.
Speaker 1: Well, now you're adding a lot of stuff that could make up your throat. That the cream, and I think the cream would coat your throat.
Speaker 5: And it's non dairy creamer, it don't hurt you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the fake stuff is fine. The real dairy is what you need to watch out for.
Speaker 5: I'm like ice problem.
Speaker 1: Oh really you have that?
Speaker 5: My mom nursed her ten kids.
Speaker 1: Well, did she notice any problem with you?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 5: Well, she said we all bit her. I wouldn't breastfeed hearing her tails are woe. I would not breastfeed because she said every baby bitter. I said they got big enough to bite and use a bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it. Well, you know, unless you're born with a full set of teeth like Jethrow Bodeine from the The Beverly Hillbillies.
Speaker 5: Well, I got two sets. But that's my twin brother.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, Mama Tree was born with the dead twin brother inside of.
Speaker 5: Her, parts of it in my face, I still got it. They're gonna take his jawbone out Ogust the eighth at nine thirty.
Speaker 1: Where is your twin brother's jawbone located in your body?
Speaker 5: And they're gonna take it out? Oh?
Speaker 1: I know where is it though? Right now?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: Where is it? Right now?
Speaker 8: Right here?
Speaker 9: In my job?
Speaker 5: Been there all my life, my goodness, before I was born, it was there. And I had a pistol on I joked. I said, Mama, begu you had a twin and you somehow lost it doing whatever recreation or whatever creation, and joked about it and for years, and it's going to do a second pistol of surgery. And I bought some a low bubble bath and took baths in it every night and day. And because I knew a low heels and the day of the surgery, I took a bath and I touched it and it fell off in my hand. I told the surgeon because I had the pentecost there, my doctors, you know, to pray from it. And I said, doctor me a paper to prove that's pentycouse people.
Speaker 10: And God yelled me.
Speaker 5: He said, how you know you had? I'm like, hey, dude, we get a surgery.
Speaker 1: Hey dude, Lynette, I love you. We gotta go. Seven hundred WLW. Remember we are all experiencing the significance of the passage of time, unburdened by what has been and YadA, YadA, YadA. This message has not been approved by Kamala Harris, but it sounds sounds like something she might say. And she talks in circles and describes her love for venn diagrams and yellow school buses. Oh, my goodness, the San Francisco madam. Well, no, she would be one who works for a madam as president. Anyway, Dick decided to remain absent this morning, unless, of course, he wakes up at six oh five and go, oh god, I gotta call Jerry Jeff. So we'll just move along. Thank you. Seven hundred WLW. Welcome into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, July twenty seven, twenty twenty four. Gary Jeff Walker, at your service. Things are a bit of skew this morning, A bit of kilter. Liam's not here. Dave's doing a fantastic job. Of course, Dave's the old hand in the producer's chair. But Liam's not here. And Dick was tarty. Dick, you were tarty. Good morning, Dick.
Speaker 9: Good morning Gary Jeff, How are you good?
Speaker 1: You were tardy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, What happened to music this week? Gary?
Speaker 9: Geff?
Speaker 1: Too much music? You can't have too much music? That's insane.
Speaker 10: We just what happened to the back to the strummers? I mean, not the strummers.
Speaker 8: Well, actually I played with the strummers and then I went.
Speaker 12: Back to the string benders.
Speaker 9: And they all welcomed me back.
Speaker 13: It was pretty good.
Speaker 14: But I tuned my mandolin, the one that gave me from blows.
Speaker 8: And I hit a string.
Speaker 9: I broke a string.
Speaker 1: But oh no, Well, you know you're not really a successful mandolin player unless you've broken a string. Everybody knows. Yeah, Hey, hang on just a second, Dave, can you conference in Old Radio Rick just for a moment and then put him back on hold. I just need to ask him a question with Dick Old Radio Rick, you're on with Dick from Dayton. Is it.
Speaker 9: You worrimy?
Speaker 15: How are you Radio. Rick?
Speaker 1: Hello, Rick, he asked, He asked, how are you doing old Radio?
Speaker 8: Rick?
Speaker 10: Oh good, I didn't hear him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what I figured. I don't know how that happened, But anyway, Uh, is it possible to have too much music?
Speaker 11: Rick?
Speaker 9: No, I guess.
Speaker 10: It is possible to have too many Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's no quoe. Okay, I just wanted to get a ruling from you. Put old Radio Rick back on hold. All right, Dick, we're alone again. So what do you what else you got for us?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: What's ahead? You've had all this music this week? Too much music? Are you going to keep up this torrid pace? Or are you going to slow down a little bit?
Speaker 13: No, I'm going to keep it up.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm going to keep up.
Speaker 13: It's something that I learned from my family, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean yeah, family ties. They're they're hard to deny. There's no questions. It's genetics, darn it. All right, Well, Dick, thanks for checking in. It's lates. Late's better than.
Speaker 8: Never, okay, Okay, bye, Dick.
Speaker 1: It's time for our friend Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 16: It was midnight on the ocean on a street car was in sight the sun was shining brightly in the middle of the night. Therefore, boy with shoes on stood there sitting in the tree, And when I put my glasses on, I heard his melody.
Speaker 1: Yes, Dave from Harrison is back once again on a Saturday morning to regale us with some really bad dad jokes and other unfunny one liners. After that introduction, it can't be anything but great. Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 17: Good morning, gad Jeff.
Speaker 9: How are we doing doing?
Speaker 1: Just fine? Sir? What's on yours?
Speaker 10: That's good?
Speaker 3: Oh all?
Speaker 17: We got to just get them taters out of your mouth going, you know, and won't be.
Speaker 1: Finem Hey, hey, Dave. Yeah, if rabbits wore habits, wouldn't they be called nunnies? Ugly?
Speaker 9: They would.
Speaker 1: Did you hear about did you hear about the poor guy who drowned at the Olympics opening ceremony?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, he drowned. They they found that he was insane.
Speaker 9: Oh I see, Jeff.
Speaker 17: Have you ever wondered, No, why don't you ever see hippos hiding in trees?
Speaker 1: Why don't you ever see hippos hiding in trees?
Speaker 15: Dave?
Speaker 1: Whyever?
Speaker 10: Well, because they're really really good at it.
Speaker 1: It's so stupid. What else did you hear.
Speaker 17: About the PEPSI executive they got fired? No, he tested positive for coke, Garrett Jeff. If watermelon exists. If watermelon exists, then.
Speaker 1: Why don't air melon?
Speaker 14: Fire melon and earth melon exists?
Speaker 13: And then you would have the They would all be the elements, thement.
Speaker 1: Melements, Yes, the element. Yes, Dave, Yes, listen to this.
Speaker 18: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stuff me churn, or we have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: Elvis has entered the building.
Speaker 19: I was chilling the shot in the Last Night style do it and to my radio advised for every one of those United Stations planned songs bringing this my eyes. I was seriously thinking about I'd no receiva when the switch broke because it's old. The same things that I can hardly believe really think we're getting out of them told.
Speaker 1: Me the switch broke because it's old. A guy who knows about that every day of his life is on the telephone back with us now old radio. Rick, good morning, thank you for contributing. Dick said that he had too much music, and I just didn't know. I knew that you'd had some experience with too much music and maybe he could relate to a story back from when you were, you know, in the in the throes of this addiction.
Speaker 10: But it's good and I apologize because I know your phone system is well, mister McKittrick, that phone system sucks to miss quote war games. But yeah, between hearing myself talking, which nobody wants to do, and I missed two grilden opportunities, one being yes, you can have too much FOCA in my opinion, okay, and I forgot what the other one was, doesn't there Yes, it's like and I couldn't even hear Dick, so that that was that was said.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, sometimes the Dick is silent.
Speaker 10: And by the way, to another reference from earlier in the day, I inc at am burdened by what has been Whether bad repairs are a poor design, that's my life of old radius.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris would not understand you at all. I'm not surprised, and you're saying you saying that that would be mutual.
Speaker 10: Yes, the feeling that we'd both be fine with that.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So how are you? How are you receiving us? And what are you receiving? A sound and all the rest of that good good stuff.
Speaker 10: Well, you're coming in loud and clear and in the wrong language. So apparently I have an alignment problem with making on that unless you've afforded a Chinese accent, which could be part of the problem with you're speaking this morning now the frequency is way off. And I was even picking up Canada where WLW should have been at one point, and I learned exactly what the exact time is from Cchu. Thank you folks, really nice. It's today. Nineteen thirty six. General Household, you toolies Company Model twelve ninety one. Now, yeah, General Television yet General Electric, General General Household would have been a fine name. Now they decided to sell the radios under the name grew now at ten points for spelling kids. This thing sold for ninety five in the nineteen thirty six so about twenty two hundred and sixty bucks today, which quite frankly, was a bargain for what you're getting. This is an AM shortwave three band console twelve tube. It's a paint dealer with a twelve and speaker. It's going to be screaming loud and that the paint will just come off the walls. It has a teledial tuning system which is presets, but you it's got literally this round dial around the radio dial that you push a button in and swing it down like you would dial the old style telephones to tune in the station. But because it's mechanical in the way that it works, button's not going to get the radio all the way to the exact station you want. So then they incorporated an incredibly complex design known as the AFC, or automatic frequency control, which includes a discriminator circuit because you know, put your nose up in the air when you say that, And basically the radio does the rest of the tuning to the exact station on its own, which is fantastic until you go to try to buy parts from people that kind of sort of know some radio stuff, and then I have to go through twenty emails of people going, you know, you're so stupid. AFC was a little used FM. Yeah it wasn't, but thanks for playing. This thing came out in nineteen thirty six to get into the nineteen thirty six Christmas sales, so they released it early. And oh, I want to go to an advertisement and then the catalog. Okay, the advertisement.
Speaker 8: It's fun.
Speaker 10: I can tune this radio with one finger and get stations just as easy as mother or daddy, says Shirley Temple, lovely little twentieth century Fox star soon to appear in the Bowery Princess.
Speaker 8: She did.
Speaker 10: This radio was known as the Shirley Temple, and they had to take a special picture to make sure that she looked taller than the radio. But she wasn't by much. Menialist, cute picture, good advertising, and for the radio, it was cheaper than most. But I knew you would love this. In the catalog, it says, among all the other stuff, cabinet violin shape. Now I'm gonna pause there for just a moment. If you built a violin shaped like this cabinet, a cigar box guitar would look like a Fender precision Wow stratocast her. I mean, now this is not violin shaped. I can't figure it out, but anyways, violin shaped, oriental butt center matched rotary walnut.
Speaker 1: What what did you just say?
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 1: This sounds like Joe Biden at the debate? What did what did you just say?
Speaker 10: Cabinet, violin shaped, oriental butt center matched rotary walnut.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I thought you said.
Speaker 10: Geez, there's in prison button Thompson.
Speaker 1: Listen, Ricky, it's it's very delightful to hear about this, but we need to go now. A lovely weekend Old Radio. Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch with Rick Washburn. As we continue on a Saturday morning, I'm toasting you, sid honey, we maybe through here me convey nore the whiskey down. I sure do. Got friends in low places. That is Gary Jeff Walker on a Saturday morning on seven hundred WLW Head and east out of Cincinnati, now fifty two along the beautiful Ohio River through Clearmont and then how now Brown County and there you go. You're in Ripley before you know it, on main Street at a place called Brookies at six thirty seven on a Saturday morning, and we are talking to the Gang and the Green Hornet in two separate locations because we have the technology. Good morning, good morning, all right, let's see gang Gang at Brookies. Can you hear the green hornet? Green Hornets say something, Hey gang.
Speaker 8: What's going on? And we can hear you.
Speaker 1: Good fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 8: So we'll tell you what's going on about that?
Speaker 10: Okay, Yeah, Joe calls tonight yet Joe Coyle tonight at nine or eight o'clock. And of course next Wednesday or the book coming Wednesday at seven point thirty, we'll have the Queen of Hearts drawing. It's up over forty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Man, I hear on the outside here that there may be someone looking.
Speaker 10: For contestants for some kind of T shirt contest in August.
Speaker 1: What's that? Sherry?
Speaker 20: It's not working as well as we thought.
Speaker 1: See Sherry cannot she can't hear you guys.
Speaker 8: So now I can't.
Speaker 1: So we don't have the technology because our phone system, as we noted earlier, is crap anyway. Uh So, Sherry, just give me the report from where you are. You're not even near the weather rock this morning. You're with your old men, aren't.
Speaker 20: You yes I am. I have my four menly challenge gentlemen here, so I'm taking care of them in Clermont County and Bethel.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic. Well you're doing the Lord's work and we appreciate it sure enough. I'll tell you what. Thank you for checking in this morning, Sherry. We're going to go talk to the fellows just for another moment here, Okay, Can I just.
Speaker 20: Throw out that they're having the kayak run from Manchester to Mayfield today and all my friends Tammy Lewis Strong Carpenter and the Gallan Steams from the pub and Mike Cluxton from the Lively Lady are all in on that. So it's gonna be a great day for.
Speaker 12: Weather for that.
Speaker 1: When do where does that start?
Speaker 20: Starts at Manchester, Ohio and goes to Maysville confutty Wow, starts at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: This going all the all the exotic locales. Yeah all right, thank you, thank you, dear. Let's talk to the gentleman at Brookies here. We got Doug and Darren. Is that correct?
Speaker 17: Yeah, you've got it.
Speaker 1: So Darren didn't didn't get too drunk last night so he could he could be up this morning. Is that what I'm understanding?
Speaker 10: I stated home, my outside, I didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, you are you are wise enough in your old age.
Speaker 12: The morning.
Speaker 1: One of one of these, one of these days, you'll make a fine adult. Listen, I want to. I had a special announcement this morning, I believe. On August the twenty fifth, which I believe is a Sunday afternoon, my friend Chris Gowens and I are planning one more time to do some kind of musical nonsense there at Brookies in the afternoon. It is the Goen's Walker Farewell Tour twenty four And apparently we're back at Brookies because well you asked for it, and uh, it's a farewell tour us. Frankly everybody else asked for that. So more great more details ed. You guys, have a fantastic weekend. Keep the light on for us and we'll talk to you soon. Steve from at Ohio with a pithy phone call on the way next on seven hundred WL.
Speaker 8: You know what sitting six.
Speaker 1: If you can't call, please please tell the phone.
Speaker 10: Don't be cruel.
Speaker 1: It's true. Elvis back in the building again twice in one hour. Something different Elvis. But Elvis is everywhere after all to Saturday morning edition. Time for a visit with our friend from Eton, Ohio. His name is Steve, and he has a pithy phone call, and I'm certain news of the week. What's up, Stephen waivermon?
Speaker 12: I do remember where I was when I heard Elvis died. I was in front of the post office in Monthly Indiana. Sad day. Okay, let's get to the news of the week, folks. The happiest and saddest people on the Potomac Happy as hell is trans Secretary Pothole Pete Boodhagage at the disaster that is Kimberly Cheetle. He can now pass the DC Dunce cap to Kimberly. Saddest is doctor Jill Biden, who now is forced to live with a nobody and find a job, maybe a boeing for her friend Kimberly.
Speaker 15: God.
Speaker 12: I feel so sad every week, or so Gary Jeff. Another abomination creeps into the American language. Notice I did not say English langue, which everyone is now hopping on the bandwagon of exaggeration, fed by redundancies such as absolutely free every single day and any situation where you think just adding another word makes your lie or exaggeration believable in that regard literally literally just won't go away. Okay, I'm having fun now, but let me leave page one with this thought. When someone says something is unthinkable or unspeakable, how can that be if they just thought of it and said it. I mean, isn't that literally mind blowing? There I go again, making fun when the world is falling apart. Literally. Maybe I'm discombobulated because I expected Joe Biden this week to graciously bow out of the presidency immediately instead of waiting for January. Is there anything else that he has not screwed up yet that would warn his sticking around? Doug got it, It's unthinkable what he might do. Sorry, I slipped up again. He doesn't say his health had anything to do with it, Joe, That apparently means it's your incompetence. Right in nineteen sixty eight, the Democrats forced lbjout. That's indisputable. So why not admitted, Joe and say, let me take my coat and shirt off and show you the stab wounds, or argue your case effectively for staying by simply declaring you were the one behind the Trump shooting, making you a permanent hero in Democrat mythology, something like I was in the grassy knoll four hundred yards away and I took him down. Did just see it? Did just see it?
Speaker 10: I'd like to see any of.
Speaker 12: You whipper snappers do it. Take that, Pelosi. There isn't a court in this country that would convict you. Joe. You've got the entire justice system on your side, the FBI, the CIA, Secret Service, the mainstream media, and the San Francisco School Board. Alas, it's not to be, but your legacy will live on.
Speaker 9: Joe.
Speaker 12: You've proved that by sticking around four years and not getting impeached, something Trump sure as hell can't say. You prove that senile dumbasses can do just fine in government. Kamala, who will be sixty before election day, will hopefully pick Jimmy Carter to be her vice president, so god forbid the Democrats that her in the back. Jimmy can march into the Oval Office at one hundred and finish things off, so to speak, or is that unspeakable? Sadly secret service Baban Kimberly, cheatle of Sino evil fame is also out the door. She couldn't answer questions, but hell, neither could Supreme Court Justice Jackson, Alex Mayorcis or Kammie Harris. They all have trouble answering questions, which I find interesting, if not informative. When we were in school, if you didn't answer questions on tests, you flucked the course. Now you get to stay the course. How come, speaking of the unspeakable, Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther owe you people down in Cincinnati, if you only lived here in Columbus, you'd even appreciate Cincinnati anyway, Ginther has decided to redo the city's seventy year old zoning map. Sounds like a dull story. It doesn't, No, it isn't. Recall several months ago I outlined on this show the twenty twenty one one point two trillion dollar Infrastructure and Jobs Act, which set aside five billion dollars to relax zoning laws, facilitating multi family housing and limiting the size of residential lots. It was sneaky getting this proposal through. Since then, states like Washington, California, Massachusetts have jumped on those grants. The socialist communists are patting themselves on the back as they push to permanently kill single family housing in this country. And if you limit lot sizes, you can build to hell of a lot more multi family units. This s maakes developers happy and allegedly creates more jobs for carpenter's electricians and of course school teachers. But why now when you allow, yeah, when you allow fifteen to twenty million illegals to flood this country? Right, where are you're going to put them?
Speaker 5: Answer?
Speaker 12: Coming to a neighborhood near you? Better check your local zoning folks. Finally, Ohio State Senator George Lang did the unspeakable. I'm actually beginning to like that word this week at a JD Vance rally, saying that if Trump Vance doesn't win in November, we're looking at civil war. Even conservatives chastised him and he apologized. But wait, threats on the lives of Trump, Justice Kavanaugh, Congressman Steve Scalise almost shot to death, and millions of others, so called deplorables, thank you Hillary, being threatened by the socialist Marxist college campuses overrun by Muslim terrorist sponsors, and they're useful idiots. Police stations burned down. That isn't civil war? I think It's already here, isn't it. Yeah, uh huh, Well let's soldier on Gary Jeff. That's it for hey, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Short but sweet. At the close, there's Steve good stuff as always. You know, I tell you what we may have something special before that. Everything I do is special. Of course, we'll have something special before the top of the hour. Oddly enough, this message was not approved by Kamala Harris.
Speaker 21: Go ahead, I Kamal Harris sen your Democrat candidate for president, because Joe Biden finally exposed a anility to me.
Speaker 22: Thanks Johnny.
Speaker 21: I was selected because I am the ultimate diversity hire.
Speaker 3: I'm both a woman and a person of color.
Speaker 21: So if you criticize anything I say, you're both sexist and racist. I may not know the first thing about running the country, but remember that's a good thing if you're a deep state puppet. I had four years under the tutelage of the ultimate deep state puppet, a wonderful mentor Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: Joe taught me rule number one, carefully hide your total in competes.
Speaker 21: I take in significant things and I just discuss them as if they're significant.
Speaker 3: And I believe that exploring the.
Speaker 21: Significance of the insignificant is in itself significant. Talking about the significance of the passage of time, right, the significance of.
Speaker 3: The passage of time.
Speaker 21: So when you think about it, there is great significance to the passage of time. And there is such great significance to the passage of time.
Speaker 3: Another trick is trying to sound bleass.
Speaker 21: I pretend to celebrate Quanta and in my speeches, I always do my best Barack Obama pression. So hear me when I say I know Donald Trump's type. And Okay, look, maybe my work addressing the root causes of the border crisis were catastrophic, but my knowledge of international politics is truly shocking.
Speaker 3: The United States shares a very important relationship which is an alliance.
Speaker 5: In the Republic of North Korea.
Speaker 3: It is an alliance that is strong and enduring.
Speaker 21: And just remember when voting this November, it is important to see what can be unburdened by what has been and by what has been. Do you think the country went to some of the past four years. You ain't seen nothing yet.
Speaker 1: She just getting started finishing the job. Steve Schulte coming up after news on seven hundred WLW into another hour of the Saturday Morning Nation for Saturday, July twenty seventh, twenty twenty four, the Olympics and gay Peie continue. What an opening ceremony. Thankfully, I was at the bar with my back towards the televisions while most of that nonsense was going on. It's good to see the drag queens getting the extra work though, sure enough. So anyway, just kind of looking at some of the there's bat minton going on right now. There's Olympic badminton going on between China and the US, and the Chinese are kicking our butts. We need to get Trump back in office. I mean, now I see.
Speaker 23: Trees, some green.
Speaker 1: Red roses too.
Speaker 23: I see them blue fog in you, and I think to myself, what I wander for?
Speaker 1: Indeed, what a wonderful world it is. Here's environmental engineer Steve Shilty to talk about this beautiful little sphere that we're we're living our lives on, and some of the things that green idiots are trying to do to us, like Noah's billion dollar disaster reporting that is you say, junk science, Noah, of course, the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Agency Administration in Washington, DC. So tell me about their billion dollar disaster reporting Steven Well, Garrett.
Speaker 13: Jeff, I'd like to, but first like to give a shout out to my son, Matt the toe Shalty. Oh as you know, he's the assistant food and beverage director at the super luxury Roseve Hotel of Waldorf, a story of propergia down in downtown New Orleans. At this past week of the Tales of the Cocktail conference in New Orleans, the hotel's lounge bar, called the Sazarak was one of four finalists as the best hotel bar in the US. Unfortunately, it did not win the top hotel bar. But one of Matt's friends is the beverage manager of the of tel bar that did win.
Speaker 1: So no, I mean, if if you're one of the top few that in the country, that says a heck of a lot. So congratulations to Matt and toe Shulty.
Speaker 15: Yep.
Speaker 13: Anyway, you know, get back to the Noah uh you might have seen. I've seen recent headlines of that we've had record breaking billion dollar disasters and this comes from again the Heartland Institute. Headline is Noah's billion dollars disaster reporting lacked scientific integrity and rigor. New research published in the peer review journal Nature Hazards debunks Noah's methods of calculating billion dollar disasters, which the agency and politician and access always used for growing impact of climate change and the need for carbon restrictions UH. In the paper, it demonstrates that Noah's tabulation of costs fails to meet in the agencies own standards for information quality and scientific integrity, and it can't be really used for human cause climate change and the reason why this is important. In the late nineteen nineties, no began publishing Italian weather and climate disasters were resulting in more than a billion dollars in damage by twenty twenty three. It become a fixture of Noah's public outreach and basically it's what people use to say that extreme weather events are becoming more frequent and severe, although they're not.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 13: To wrap it up, this is why Noah's billion dollar disaster time series provide no evidence a detection or changes in climate or extreme weather, and the reason is that NOAH does not account for expanding bullseye effect of populations moving to locations and developing greater infrastructure in areas like people moving the South with the Southeast and Florida and Texas. The paper points out more than six studies have examined this issue, and when taken in total and costs for disasters are normalized for just for inflation and increased exposure laws, is per disaster as a percentage of gross domestic product have declined eighty percent since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: They've actually declined, is what you're telling.
Speaker 13: And just give you an example, Gary, Yeah, back way back in the summers is seventy and seventy one with our family vacation was the Annamury Island off the coast of Bredington, Florida, and my cousins and I used to go down to Longbow te which is south of Andrey Island, goes all the way down near Sarasota. We go out Longboat Key to go shark fishing. Okay, okay, And back in those days, Longbow Key was sparsely populated. Yes, there's some small one to two story motels here, and there a couple of bars here in their gas station. You know, you know, small whatnot. Yeah, twenty years ago Gary jaff I was there, wrote down long Bowtee on both sides of the of the highway. High rise ten fifteen story condos as far as you can see on both sides of the highway. And this is why the billion dollar disasters increase. There are more people there, which means more homes, which means more businesses, which means more infrastructure, means more everything. Of course we're gonna have more billion dollar disasters, more billion dollars of stuff, you know, for the hurricanes and tornadoes and other extreme weather to hit.
Speaker 1: Years, and to mitigate these billion dollar disaster hoaxes, they want to spend trillions of dollars on stuff that's not ready for prime time yet and does nothing for the environment or the ecology, and does everything for shifting money around and using other people's money, which is a bane of our existence. Steve Shulte, I'm sorry with that. We got to roll along twelve minutes after the hour on seven hundred WLW, time to get physical with the first dawn of fitness. Fitness trainer biohacker Roco Costelano, recovering from some kind of terrible illness to talk to us. Are you better now, Roco? Yes, yes, yes I was. I wasn't dead, No, I know I understand you weren't dead, but for a man who brags about not being sick for like fourteen years and then to have this thing that totally lays him out, I mean, you're the guy with all the answers when it comes to health, Roco. So you know who do we trust? The man on his deathbed.
Speaker 9: And the man on his death bed? Yeah, we had a pneumonia went all the way through the houses.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, our friend, our friend Liam, the normal producer on this show right now, has pneumonia. That's why he's not here this morning.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Actually, uh, for some some very very strange reason, and no one's talking about it. But many people that are going through uh like the Mercy health system, you know, like going to the hospital and to the doctors, have have a pneumonia and and not one person in uh, in the media is talking about it.
Speaker 1: I blamed the communist Chinese and Anthony Fauci for everything.
Speaker 8: I don't well, all right, so I blame them for a lot.
Speaker 1: Of stuff, but not necessarily the current wave of pneumonia. Okay, not necessarily. Now, you wrote an article about getting rid of toxic heavy metals. In a minute or two, can you tell me how to detoxify your body of heavy metals.
Speaker 9: Well, the reason why I wrote the article at my blog at Rococastelano dot com is because in this area, especially a Kentucky and and uh the Indiana, Ohio area, is because a lead lead is a really big problem in the water and also of the soil here, and also a mercury from fish. So I just wanted to write a quick article that talks about getting rid of those you know, of those heavy metals. And the big ones are you know, at the oxidens obviously a vitamin C but a glue to thigh in and alpha alapeic acid their supplements. And then a mineral, uh you know, like the minerals, a zinc, zinc, a selenium and magnesium. Everyone should be taking a zinc, you know, a selenium and magnesium anyway. And then uh you know, herbs, a milk thistle, uh, tumeric, you know, a dandelion route. And then if you have really a bad you know, uh you know, like heavy metal toxicity, and you can go to a doctor and get a blood test and and and it's very easy to see if you have heavy metal, if you have brain fog, if you have, if you have any kind of like neurological, if you're forgetting, if your.
Speaker 1: Memory issue, if you, if you, if you, if you talk like Ozzy Osbourne is because he was a victim of heavy metal.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Nice, nice, same thing created heavy He created heavy body, so obviously he consumed a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Therefore the fog brain and everything that you're to Okay, uh, read about it at Rococostelano dot com and uh and he can help you out of your heavy metal hell. Thank you so much, mister RCI. Goodbye. Time now for what I like to call the Tom Davis Diaries, or they speaking of Ozzie. Tom Davis is our reporter with wacky news stories from around the country and around the world.
Speaker 24: Like this, Good morning Gary, Jeff. This week twelve kids and only four letters. I'll explain in a minute. First, it's on the bucket list of many miserable middle managers and corporate drones around the world.
Speaker 1: The running of the bulls proove if you're a.
Speaker 24: Real man by facing off against crashing cattle, but keep in mind you could get seriously hurt, like the forty nine year old man who was gored in the groin by a raging bull just recently.
Speaker 1: He also suffered injuries.
Speaker 24: To his buttocks and thigh, but he's lucky. Doctors say that they will be able to save his equipment. Some guy was airlifted out of Death Valley after walking around without any shoes. The ground was one hundred and twenty three degrees, not the pavement, the dirt.
Speaker 1: Was one hundred and twenty three degrees.
Speaker 24: He suffered severe burns to the bottom of his foot, but should make a full recovery. Much closer to home, a fire department in Richmond, Indiana is warning people not to put firecrackers in the dryer. Some goofball decided to put the explosives inside and then hold the door shut with his feet.
Speaker 1: It exploded. He was sent flying.
Speaker 24: Experts say it's best if you just stay out of Richmond. And finally, a mom and dad from Belgium making headlines for naming twelve kids with just four letters, those letters being A, E, L, and X, So of course, it all started with alex, then came axel, then zela, followed by lexa, zel, zeal xlleax elax, alexi, and lax. Next week, a psychic who uses asparagus to make her prediction says Michelle Obama will be the president next year.
Speaker 1: Have a great view. Jim Lebarbara is taking the week off from rock and roll Archaeology. We have brought in the record Guy, my friend Mighty John Marshall, who would join us for our music segment just after the news at around seven thirty five with his top ten list of valuable final four July stand by It's all in the way on the Saturday morning edition here on seven hundred WLW. It is rock and Roll Archaeology this morning. Mighty John Marshall, the record Guy from moneymusic dot Com takes over in rock and Roll Archaeology. Valuable vinyl or costly cacophony, I don't know what we call it. It's a new top ten list of valuable records and we start with number ten on the list. Sounds ominous, don't it. Yeah? For the student maybe from nineteen eighty one, the police.
Speaker 23: Your teacher, the subject up school.
Speaker 1: Don't stand so close to it so bad love watch but you have to have the picture disc remember those She's so close this.
Speaker 7: Take it.
Speaker 1: All right? So that's number ten on the Money Music dot COM's list for July. It's hotter than July, as Stevie Wonder would say, of records that are worth two hundred and fifty dollars or more, tell me about that particular piece of vinyl, John Marshall, and good morning to you.
Speaker 15: Good morning nineteen eighty one. Don't stand so close to me. Picture disc that's right, picture on the vioyl itself up to two hudred and fifty dollars, very controversial record lyrics. Part of the lyrics actually taken from the book Lolita, which is very on hersio book as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, yeah, Jeffrey Epstein had the Lolita Express for example. All right, number nine on our list of valuable vinyl. We're going back to nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 15: For this one, procol Harum, the debut album procol Harum, of course, featuring a lighter shade of pale, and it the album worth up to two hundred and fifty dollars today.
Speaker 1: This is, of course Conquista Daughter. I used to love this, but I would remember hearing this on the radio when I was a kid, and I'd dance around with my blanket like it was a matador's cape every time this came on, tempting the bull. Sometimes the bull wins. All right, So there's number nine. Yes, Now this is a time of year, I mean every time. The time of year you can find some true rare fines when it comes to vinyl forty fives and albums and some seventy eights occasionally, and as we mentioned at the top of this month's money music dot Com list, picture discs. But have you ever found something really vineable valuable, John, at say a flea market or anything. But what's the biggest find you've ever yourself discovered when you were out doing it?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'd have been so supparable. I don't know if I tell you the one that I get teased about the most. I was in a church yard sale. We're members of the church, all gathered in the parking lot at a big yard sale. I went with another record collector and we both started this Elvis record we knew was worth a lot of money, and I picked it up first, and the lady said, so how much is this? She's well a quarter And my friend said, ask little to take a dime, And so I said, would you take ten cents?
Speaker 8: Oh? Sure?
Speaker 15: And then I older for thirteen hundred dollars exce one that I feel very guilty about, but it's really a case of seller beware more than buyer beware.
Speaker 1: Seller be Well, yeah, that's right, because sometimes people don't know what they got. Moneymusic dot com is a great place to check. Number eight on the July list of Valuable vital worth two hundred and fifty dollars or more. What do We Got here?
Speaker 15: First album for Chicago when they were known as Chicago Transit Authority. That album up to two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's seven forty Eastern in case you were wondering about the chronology. Here, you know what I loved? I love this intro and this is how it appears on the album or do you does anyone really know? Anybody really know what time it is? The signature horns man such a classic sound. They are still some semblance of Chicago are still traveling. I mean there's maybe two original members in the band. But yeah, the the actual Chicago Transit Authorities sued them when the album came in. You can't call yourself that that's our name. So I guess they just opted for the whole city instead of just the the Loop and the rest of the CTA all right soon they'd be proud to have exactly I mean, and the band is probably the only one that ever ran on time. Number seven on the money music dot Com list is I.
Speaker 15: Do That eighty four Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers The album Wildflowers currently up to four.
Speaker 1: So if you're holding on to Wildflowers by Tom Petty and Ben could be worth up to four hundred bucks condition condition condition people, take care of that vinyl someday at me take care of you with you not I'll take you. Love this song, there's some that I used to see. She don't give a damn for me? So what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 15: Let me get to the.
Speaker 1: Rule another job. In the end, the song was all about rolling another joint, all right. That's Wild Flowers. Yes, we're we're up to number on the big list of money music dot COM's records. Valuable Vinyl for July worth two hundred and fifty dollars or more. And Mighty John Marshall, what do we got next?
Speaker 15: Well, you know we're going way back for early Pink Floyd SASA Full of Secrets. The album totally up to four hundred dollars, Sausful Secrets, Pink Floyd and well, go ahead, yeah, I was gonna say it. Sid Barrett of Pink Floyd he named the group after two of his favorite blues artists, Pink Anderson and Floyd Council. So that's how they got Pink Floyd.
Speaker 1: Which one's pink? Here it is, I guess the title track from the album, A Saucer Full of Secrets. Sid Barrett's a part of this. He hadn't disappeared into a psychotic delusion yet at this rate, so this will be very weird. I knew that before even start listening to it. Now, this is stuff that would have been played and I'm sure was played back on our sister station WEBN when it started as Jelly Pudding back in nineteen sixty seven. So this is sixty eight. I can definitely tell you that this was on the playlist.
Speaker 8: I don't get the dance Tube.
Speaker 1: It really is a great dance number. All right, let's go to number five on the list and.
Speaker 9: We're sixty four.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Beholds Everything by the Beatles, worth money.
Speaker 1: This is a big hit.
Speaker 15: Love Me Do forty five with picture sleeve up to five hundred dollars, four hundred and fifty of that just for that picture sleeve.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. And this is a key thing. The picture sleeve often is worth way more than the vinyl because people didn't always keep the picture sleeves.
Speaker 15: I mean, yeah, this was didn't last.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: This was released in Great Britain in nineteen sixty two, reached seventeen on their charts then and re released in the US and sixty four, and like almost everything else that Beatles head out in the States in sixty four it made it to number one My wife's favorite Beatles song, christ to two point zero. I love you, Love Me?
Speaker 8: Do?
Speaker 1: Would you please? I'm playing your song for God's sake.
Speaker 22: Love me?
Speaker 8: Do you?
Speaker 6: I love you?
Speaker 15: Wait too?
Speaker 9: Lovely?
Speaker 12: Who love Me?
Speaker 1: Every month, John Marshall of moneymusic dot Com puts out a list a top ten list of valuable vinyl records that are worth one hundred dollars or more or two hundred and fifty dollars or more. What is the most valuable vinyl you have listed at moneymusic dot com? What is worth the most overall?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 15: Wow, that's a great question. I'm gonna have to think it's a lot more, worth a lot of money. The one that we had number one on our list before we get to it is one of the most valuable records.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's not spoil that surprise.
Speaker 15: But how about two thousand and six. That's let that far back look for Red Hot Chili Peppers their album Stadium Arcadium. This is a four disc box set, current value up to five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: All right, a little cut from Stadium Arcadium, Flee and the Band Oh to Garrett sable House. Okay, the trib in my luck.
Speaker 21: This you get piled when I sit alone, Come get a little loone.
Speaker 1: But I need more than myself less duff step from the road.
Speaker 22: To the sea to this guy, and I do believe it, baby.
Speaker 23: Loud when I let it on, get the bed on my leaf to sack the fast.
Speaker 8: Listen what us.
Speaker 15: I mean?
Speaker 1: You could tell that's Red Hot Chili Peppers almost from the first beat. Very signature sound. And you want to talk about signature sounds if we're talking about surf music, this may be I mean, along with the The Bird by the trash Men and another notable surf hits. This one has to be number one on most people's list, and it's number three, I believe on your Money music dot Com list. John, tell me what it is.
Speaker 15: I can always remember the lyrics. That's what I like about this song, waite Out by the Safaris. This is for the EPH and that value is up to one thousands and dollars. Now the original single on DFS records, wipe Out by the Safaris will sell up to three thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: But this is for the EP all.
Speaker 1: Right, both the Safaris version as well as cover versions you say, featured in over twenty movies and TV shows. And it starts like this and the drums and then that guitar signature serf guitar father bass there. I feel like Rgi Bella Ndren's announcing every instrument. Yeah baby.
Speaker 9: Yeah, get it, bab.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're moving up the top ten list of valuable vinyl from moneymusic dot Com with Mighty John Marshall, the record guy. Real quickly before we get to our top two on the list, John, for people to get the download of your entire catalog where you a praise records, over a million titles and hundreds or thousands of artists. Tell me how people can get that real quickly.
Speaker 15: Yeah, moneymusic dot Com. It's twenty four to ninety five. It's on a flash drive. You pop it into your computer and you can look up the values for over a million records from nineteen oh two when you started in radio gearby Jet two the present day. So I know we pay the shipping charge, So that's the total twenty four to ninety five. Or you can have your records of praise right online for a dollar moneymusic dot Com. Check it out and you'll find our YouTube videos there as well.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic at number two on July's list, What do you got got?
Speaker 15: Roy the Boy? Roy Orbison number one hit for him? Crying the value for the album Monocopy up to five hundred dollars Stereocopy crying Roy Orbison up to fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: One more time, that golden voice, I will all right?
Speaker 2: Or a wild I food.
Speaker 22: What ane.
Speaker 4: He Tuesday?
Speaker 6: Are you well.
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 1: We don't have time for the falsetto, but my goodness, that is just so gorgeous. All right, number one on your list of valuable vinyl for July. And you want to talk about something that could get you a lot of Bucks. If you happen to have this lying around in the basement of the garage, you're in your vinyl collection.
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 15: John Well again everything by Elvis's work Mondy number one hit for him good Luck Charm now the regular forty five with picture sleeve up at about forty dollars, but RCA also released this as a seven inch thirty three, same size as a forty five, but playing at the speed of an album. Good Luck Term with picture sleeve seven inch thirty three up to twenty four thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Holy Mackerel, Mighty John, Thank you, Thank so much. Money music dot Com if you want to check out the list, good stuff, Thank you, brother, thank got it? No give you a little shoe ep he wan shot. Just had a Friendeman and Jones on base Man The good lo Time, Go morning.
Speaker 22: And good luck you see a good luck you know hope to hope to.
Speaker 1: Almost eight minutes after the hour on his Saturday Morning Gary Jeff Walker with you on this Saturday Morning edition for this July twenty seventh, twenty twenty four. As always a pleasure to be with you, no matter no matter who you are, no matter what you are. This is going out to all the inanimate objects who are regular listeners.
Speaker 18: Yes, as a night scientist, you're getting advising of you now binding me.
Speaker 1: With yes, science Mike, I'm identifying as a desk today. I'm identifying as a desk. Yis would you like to find on the shows?
Speaker 14: I think about the significance of its significant?
Speaker 7: Insignificance of the significant?
Speaker 1: Would you like to see what's in my top drawer?
Speaker 15: Sure? Pull out.
Speaker 14: A couple of pence when you when you when you get on with a counselor and your turnover at nine, ask him what the actual definition of boneless means, because I don't think the Supreme Court actually got that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently if you get a boneless wing, beware of bones.
Speaker 14: Boneless doesn't mean boneless. You guys, don't you understand that?
Speaker 1: How did they come to this decision? What did you read? Did you read?
Speaker 14: Did you justice Geter's explanation? His explanation? No, it was on a it was a well actually, like when you order chicken fingers and not actually fingers of chicken, just like boneless doesn't mean it's got to be boneless.
Speaker 9: Now I admired.
Speaker 14: I admire the guy up until I read that, and I realized that man, he haven't issues.
Speaker 1: Can can we ask him if he can define what a woman is?
Speaker 14: I don't know, because on both sides of that out, don't.
Speaker 1: They And and if I mean women aren't especially boneless either, then I don't even know what that means. Anyway, what you got, dear.
Speaker 14: Mine, We're going to crack up in the high school Physics book. We're not going to really hit a copy. We're gonna actually do some science here. So you guys get your energy chapter open.
Speaker 10: Usually it's about chapter six.
Speaker 14: They we got that danger wheel that is uh impenealed and square. Have you heard that danger wheel?
Speaker 1: No, I'm pretty much isolated from all of society about six days a week, and then I come in here and learn things.
Speaker 7: Well, let's race down the.
Speaker 14: Get the name of it's in paneled and square.
Speaker 1: It's down the big wheel race. I saw a video of last year's Yeah, and every one is every one is like a wipeout. It's like, there's no way I'm doing that unless I'm I'm completely covered in bubble wrap. What the hell? Yeah?
Speaker 14: They have the full uh full armament on the the helmet and the knee.
Speaker 1: Pads and the arm elbow pads.
Speaker 14: Anyhow, So let's uh, let's let's figure out how how fast you're going to go when it hit the bottom of the hill, Gary Jeff. We're going to go with our potential energy equation uh mathtimes the acceleration of gravity G and height, and we're going to convert all that potential energy at the top of the hill. We're going to figure it a two hundred feet high and that's all going to get converted to kinetic energy at the bottom. Right, So we set the potential energy equal to the kinetic energy one half mv squared. And if you'll notice when you write that mass isn't cancel, so it doesn't matter how much your way to figure out how fast you're going at the bottom of the hill. So when we set those equal to each other, we get the velocity is equal to the square root of two times the acceleration of gravity G times the height, and we get the speed of two hundred feet high hill going down. We're going to get them at seventy seven miles per hour. That's without friction or any other slow down effects on your kitting wheel or your wind.
Speaker 1: You're going seventy seven miles an hour.
Speaker 14: Well, that's that's under a perfect condition. So you figure you're going to lose about thirty or forty percent on friction and twist and turn and jumping over the ramps. So we're getting them down around mathematically, we're pretty close around thirty thirty five miles an hour. Geez, And I said, here's the funny thing. I went to this about three or four years ago, my wife and I. As soon as we walked up there was an ambulance taking somebody to the hospital.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: They were showing it on the news this week the video of last year, and every single one is a wipeout. You know, very rarely did they make it all the way to the bales of hay to stop and be pummeled at the end of the thing.
Speaker 14: And people are throwing water balloons and everything they can out of them while they're going down the hill.
Speaker 1: This is a blood sport.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 15: Is not for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I almost broke a hip watching it on TV. Jeez. All right, Michael, thank you very much for those brave souls who are doing that this weekend. God love you. You want to seek some psychological help before you need the emergency room the Word of God with brother Rick Green from Spirit Works, Cincinnati. I'm gonna let it shine.
Speaker 22: Light.
Speaker 23: I'm gonna let it shine.
Speaker 22: Light of mine.
Speaker 23: I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine shine.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At age sixteen, Rick Green, good morning, brother, how are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing good.
Speaker 9: Gary.
Speaker 7: I woke up praying for you all.
Speaker 9: Gary.
Speaker 7: Right now I'm in the stare down of a mother deer and a baby looking at me in my backyard and this scared the walk past me.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, be careful because deer can become very aggressive, as mothers and fathers both if you're near their babies.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm not going off the deck. I'm not going to Just don't want to walk on me.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. You know what's funny is to see my cat dog, our cat dog, Brooksy. We call him a cat dog because he goes out on the leash in the front yard and I have walked him before and he does play fetch. But our cat dog, Brooksy, we'll see and there will, oftentimes in our neighborhood be deer right in our front yard and he just starts talking like I've never heard He's talking like in paragraphs and chapters all at once out the window looking at the deer. I mean he just going off. No, he's inside the house in the window, just absolutely just that's how we know something's happening. We look at Oh it's a deer and it maybe ten feet away from the front of the house. But yeah, we have him all over the place. I want you to especially when I put out a petition of prayer for regular producer Liam Tomlinson, who's not here this week because according to what he told me, he has pneumonia. So we and a lot of people that's apparently been going around, my friend Rocco Costelina and his whole family who were on earlier, we're all affected, afflicted with pneumonia, you know, not COVID, but pneumonia, and apparently there is a very virulent strain of pneumonia going around. So but anyway, pray for Liam because he needs the well.
Speaker 7: A guy had paid something before we'd just vibe over. I woke up this morning, me and God spending our time and Gary, this is what went through my spirit this morning. I asked God, could we all be the best version of who he called us to be?
Speaker 23: This day?
Speaker 7: And not worry about the raft. That's what I sent up to heavenim this morning.
Speaker 1: All of us.
Speaker 7: Don't worry about the rest. The rest don't take care of itself anyway.
Speaker 1: It's excellent advice. Again, like everything else that is that is human, that is worldly, we find we find the other worldly the godly hard to do sometimes because it's it's unfamiliar to us and the rest of the world.
Speaker 7: No, Now, today's wirth, Gary, I have Matthew, Chapter eighteen, verse twenty. I love when Jesus speaks. And this is what Christ said. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I with them?
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: If I don't give you peace here, I don't know what will.
Speaker 1: That's right, there is there is strength in numbers in the Lord. There's no question about that. And that's why that's why you say amen to agree with the other, the other sinners who are petitioning for prayer. You know, God hears those voices absolutely, and they're only amplified when there's you know, as you said, as the as the verses two or more gathered in his name. Well, Mann, thank you so much. I look forward to this as much as anything else on this show, and I appreciate your time. Brother Green.
Speaker 7: Okay, you gotts to have a blessed day.
Speaker 1: All right, God bless you. It's eight twenty at seven hundred WLW Thursday night. At my wife's short question, I didn't mind going. We went to see the Foo Fighters at Great American Ballpark. The opening bands, or one of the opening bands, was this one. The pretender's Chrissy Hind is almost seventy three, and she sounded incredible. Sounded like this trump that maget role. Now to a listen the past.
Speaker 3: We didn't passed that over. Now back in the spots.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Hind will be seventy three in September, and she rocked the house. And then the krem de la Creme. By the way, Wolfgang van Halen's band Mammoth played first and they sounded good. We saw that part of the show, but then the Foo Fighters took the stage and the whole place just went crazy. Me personally, I didn't know that. Dave Groll screamed the whole concert. I wasn't a big fan of that. I love the music, though, and the band was tight and the crowd was pumped. About forty three thousand. The Great American Ballpark. Ninety percent of the crowd, they said, was from out of town, out of Cincinnati. Two guys sat behind us were from Rochester, New York. So people from everywhere gravitating to one of the last true rock and roll bands still out there doing it, Chris the two point zero.
Speaker 8: This is for you.
Speaker 22: I'm away, I love that job. Way follow you. I shot it sounds not this sounds. This sounds.
Speaker 1: Gifts from Wale coming up on seven hundred WLW. I'm going morning kids. Time for gifts for Wally. This one's for TJ. Three older ladies sitting around at table, drinking coffee, talking about Hell the Universal. What a drag it is getting old? The first lady says, sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand in front of the refrigerator, and I can't remember whether I was taking it out or putting it away. The second lady says, yeah, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs in my house and I can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down. The third lady chimes in, well, I'm glad I don't have those problems. Knock on wood With that, she wraps her knuckles on the table. She said, that must be the door. I'll get it all right, and then there's a little bit more food to be fought this morning. Sure, seven hundred wlw Mohegger on the way. But first, Pete on the line.
Speaker 11: Hello, p right on, just an idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey gee yeah, good morning, yeah, good morning. Listen listen to your phone, not the radio. Uh So, what's going what's going on with the boneless wing thing? Pete?
Speaker 11: Okay, so I did not read the Supreme Court ruling. But stainless is stainless. That means it doesn't stain much like if you some it's not perfect. Boneless is just less bone. Okay, this is I lost in the cooler earlier. I'm installing a new draft pier system over here at the Murrays And so I didn't hear the whole thing.
Speaker 9: But boneless is just left bone.
Speaker 11: So maybe they read it that way. It's not bone free.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I was gonna say that would be the way around it. If you will call them bone free, then bye, guys, there better not be any bones.
Speaker 11: Right right right. But that's you know, you're you're chewing on a hamburger, and all of a sudden you get a you know, a little small piece of bone that that could happen.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's happened to me. It's happened to me with with even with even like link sausage with you know, like a broad or a met or something. Every once in a while there's a little piece of bone in there.
Speaker 11: A little surprised, a little extra surprise there. Right, So I didn't but heck, I mean, I'm just a beer man, and I could have called that that didn't need to go to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 8: But I guess some people got more.
Speaker 11: Money than time or time than money.
Speaker 14: But guys like me and you got to work on saturdays.
Speaker 1: You go on and get back to work. You're doing a fine job. And thanks for tuning in, Pete.
Speaker 11: All right, we'll see you Gary.
Speaker 1: All right, bye. Bo Egger now joins us, and Mo on his way back from vac Are you back from vacation or on your way back?
Speaker 8: I got back very very early this morning.
Speaker 1: Well, it's great to have you on. Are you Are you totally exhausted, ready to go.
Speaker 8: To bed completely completely? Yes, I'm awake, just to talk to you.
Speaker 1: God bless you.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: That's that's always the greatest compliment on this show when people tell me, like they used to listen to me because they had to work on Saturday mornings and now they're retired and they still get up to listen to me. I mean, is there anything better than that?
Speaker 8: No, that's always a It's always a great compliment. I was awake and behind the wheel to listen to your first half hour.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, fancy great. So I first, first and foremost, we were just talking about this boneless wings controversy that apparently was solved by the Ohio Supreme Court this week in their decision. Apparently a boneless wing can have bones in it legally, this was the ruling, and p was explaining if they were called bone free wings then but boneless just means there were less bones. And then there's the chicken wings. They call it boneless chicken wings. And somebody sued because they were calling wings when they weren't wings at all. And now apparently somebody had a legal issue where they got a bone in their boneless wings. Maybe it caused some dental damage or whatever. So the case went to the Ohio Supreme Court and in the ruling. The panel decided that boneless wings can in fact have some bones.
Speaker 8: Your thoughts, these are the things, these are the things going through our courts.
Speaker 1: Huh apparently?
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 8: I mean, so if if let's say you order a vegetarian pizza, yes, but they but they put sausage on it, right, So that's not a vegetarian pizza, right, And you would you would take that back, you would say, well, I wanted a vegetarian pizza because vegetarian buy definition for me at least means all vegetables, no meat. And so to me, I wonder just does does this open a Pandora's box? Right of? You know, if I order a hot fudge Sunday and I say, hold the nuts, and they put the nuts on it. Well, and let's say there's a nut allergy involved, and I go, well, hey, I ordered it without the nuts, but now there's there were nuts on it. Well, a nutless hot fudge Sunday can have nud I'm just wondering the slippery slope we're potentially going to go down.
Speaker 1: And and as you mentioned this, and you mentioned Pandora's box, what if somebody called it Pandora's box but it was actually in a bag exactly. I mean, just cats and dogs.
Speaker 8: The thing they didn't think about when they handed down this Holy now did that?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 1: Apparently not? Thank God, We're here to do the thinking for them.
Speaker 8: Mo.
Speaker 1: Uh, just one report from the Olympics. That and and I don't even know if this is a real report or not. It's just something that I heard allegedly happened during the opening ceremony yesterday. Apparently someone drowned during the Olympic opening ceremony.
Speaker 8: Mo.
Speaker 1: And the cause was they they were they were insane.
Speaker 8: Did you did your dad joke? God give you that one.
Speaker 22: No.
Speaker 1: I made that up all on my own.
Speaker 8: Well well done, very well done.
Speaker 1: So what was what was the best thing that happened on your vacation other than you weren't at work?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: I was within a two minute walk of a beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you told me last week. Anytime you're on a beach, it's a good day.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Anytime you're on a beach with a cold win or two and maybe a cigar, that's that's not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: It was an unevent I went and saw the Daytona Tortugas play the reds Low a ball Okay, so I as a sports fan and as a baseball fan, that was that was that was pretty cool. The Daytona Tortugas, where the most expensive ticket is fourteen dollars, you're paying minor league prices for concessions or seeing minor league baseball. So pull of your play certainly drops from what you used to saying if you go to a lot of major league baseball games, but a night of minor league baseball is pretty pretty close to the top of the list of things that I enjoy and try to get done. You know, my wife rolls a eyes wherever we go. You know, we've gone to Florida, bunch. I was trying to find the closest minor league team and this year the closest minor league team happened to be a Red Affilia.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. And like you said, it's it's it's low. It's low on the totem pole of minor league teams. So you're seeing literally kids for the most part, who were just trying to get up to like double A or or triple A ball or maybe the pros. You know, so that's the ticket. All was is the majors, So you know, I lived in Nashville for years, as you know, MO, and we just had the Nashville Sounds, the minor league team, and there were a great minor league franchise. I mean, it was really a big ballpark experience, but at minor league prices and and everything else with the kind of a minor league feel. But yeah, minor league baseball is definitely a lot of fun. My wife and I were in Great American Ballpark on Thursday night, obviously not for the Reds they're now in Tampa Bay, still on the road, but saw the Foo Fighters show there and the way they set that up for a concert was actually pretty cool. The stage rig was up against the outfield wall. In fact, we're looking we're like sitting in section five thirty one, so we're up there a ways looking down on the stage and they had it set right where that riverboat is at the top of the stadium. And I looked at Christa and I forgot about the riverboat being part of the ballpark. I said, is that one of the B and B boats out on the river, because it looked like it was a riverboat on the river above the stage rig, and she said, no, that's the riverboat thing that's a part of the stadium, you idiot. But it's really kind of neat. And they had the Foo Fighters logo the FF there in the middle of home plate. Of course the band was sitting up in the stage, you know, in the outfield, but it was just a really neat setup. Have you been You've been to concerts at GABP, right.
Speaker 8: I have you know we've talked about this before that McCartney, Oh yeah, in twenty eleven, which was just awesome, and it was a similar setup. I went to Billy Joel there and they have the stage, as I recall, wasn't quite as pushed far back as it was for the Two Fighters or for McCartney or for some of the other shows. But it really is a nice setting for a show. Acoustically it works, and it's kind of remarkable. I mean it took them, you know. Great American Ballpark was built in two thousand and three. I think at the first major I'm not talking about a postgame concert, but the first major concert I believe was Paul McCartney. And they've had a bunch since. They're going to have Thomas Rhett later in the month of August, after a red game, playing a full set, and my guess is the stage will be set up kind of right behind second base, which is typically what they do for postgame concerts. But yeah, it is. I looked at a lot of the pictures from friends of mine who went, and first of all said, it was an awesome show, and it just it looks. It looks really cool and if you haven't had a chance to go to a show at at GABP, you oh it to yourself because it is a it's a great day. I think it's an underrated baseball venue nationally, but it's a it's a really really nice outdoor concert venue when it when they choose to make it. One mo.
Speaker 1: Did you spare yourself watching the Olympic opening ceremonies.
Speaker 8: I don't think as much as I love sports, as much as I love the Olympics, I don't know that I've ever watched the opening ceremonies. I typically like, just don't get it whatever they're doing.
Speaker 1: So well, there was a lot of there was a lot of I don't get it. From a little bit I saw this. Yeah, my luck was I was at the bar. I was at the bar, so I'm not facing the TV screens, they're they're behind me, And every once in a while a customer would point at something that was going on that was just very bizarre, and I would look up and go, oh, yeah, they're doing that again. Okay, so that was my experience with the opening ceremonies. But apparently a bunch of drag queens mocking the Last Supper and all kinds of weird stuff.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'm not sure what that has to do with international athletic competition, but.
Speaker 1: I'm not either.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't, I didn't see. I think the legitimately, I think the last time I saw live any part of the Olympic opening ceremony would have been Salt Lake City Winter Olympics two thousand and two, because it was very poignant. Just a few months after nine to eleven. Yes, uh, the Olympics were in the United States and that was beautifully done. And then prior to that probably was the torch lighting with Muhammad Ali and Atlanta in nineteen ninety six. Other than that, again, I love the Olympics. The Olympics opening ceremony is typically not must watch television for myself.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no, And you're right. The two thousand and two Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. That that may be the major accomplishment of Mitt Romney's entire career right there. He helped put that together. Yeah, you see my.
Speaker 8: Yeah in Salt Lake City is going to get the Olympics back in twenty thirty four, which is kind of.
Speaker 1: Cool, very good. I don't know if I'll be around, but that'll be cool. We'll see, uh huh exactly. So you see Miami discontinuing their their football set with this new alignment.
Speaker 8: Your thoughts on that, Well, Look, I can understand tradition and history and rivalry and why those things are special to so many people. And I know the dynamic of the rivalry has changed in the last year because Miami did win the most recent battle for the victory bell for the first time since two thousand and five. But let's be honest. Is this a sporting event that anybody looks forward to with any amount of exuberance or high end anticipation in relation to some of the games that you see plays in the Big Twelve or some of the bigger non conference games that are going to play. The answer is no, And I'm not going to say that you see in Miami, you shouldn't have figured out a way to continue playing. But look, with the way college sports have gone over the last decade, there is a long list of traditional series or rivalries or geographic rivalries that have been discontinued, frankly higher profile ones than U see versus Miami. And look, Miami did win the game last year, and so it's it's maybe a little bit easier to say this had UC's winning street continued last September, But I think the game itself has become locally very much an afterthought, and with the University of Cincinnati in the Big Twelve. As much as I have a ton of respect for the job that Chuck Martin has done at Miami, because he's done a really really good job in Oxford, as much as I respect that program in that university, you know, Brian Kelly said this many many years ago, and when you See was in the Big East and he questioned, you know, if we're going to be in a BCS league, are we really going to go play a road game in a MAX school every other year? Right now, with Miami pulling out of the Knippert Stadium, end of the battle for the De Tree Bell was a Big twelve school. How many Big twelve schools are going and playing road games on a regular basis in the MAC. It just doesn't happen. And that might be a sad side effect of, you know, the way that college sports has become so top heavy, but it is a reality of how college sports has become so top heavy. And you know, again, the game last September, notwithstanding it recently hasn't been a very competitive rivalry. And it's there are a lot of sporting events in our region that there's a lot of juice and a lot of buzz for. And it's been a long time since I counted the Battle for the Victory Bell as one of those sporting events.
Speaker 1: There you go, and I yeah, I totally agree with you one percent. Neither here nor there to you get some rest, my friend, and get rid of that whatever that vacation cold is that you're hacking around here?
Speaker 8: Had it all week long. I can't shake you.
Speaker 1: All right? Thanks mo Eger there, counselor how are you, brother? I'm doing good? How about you?
Speaker 25: What's on the show today? Well, I'll tell you what we're going to talk about. Kamala's coronation this week. Boy, that happened with eightning speed.
Speaker 1: Also, I believe the downfall is going to be pretty quick though, you really, I hope so. But the honeymoon is only there. The honeymoon's only there for the media, not the voters. But well, that's what I mean.
Speaker 25: I mean that they're already giving her a pass for everything. You're not allowed to say now that she was the borders are, yeah, that she never was.
Speaker 1: They're all coming out we say, can we say that she slept her way into politics by by having an affair with Willie Brown, you know, on the San Francisco politics?
Speaker 25: Can we say that heals a harripos So? I just I can't stand that woman. The thought of having to listen to her for the next four or five.
Speaker 1: Months just drives me. Imagine listening to her at the next four or five minutes. No kidding, Rich, dump button, everybody listen. I don't like that woman. I just don't know. She's horrid. I don't think I ever will. She's horrid.
Speaker 25: Gonna talk to Charles Tassel about Project twenty twenty five. You've been hearing a lot about that. Charles has looked at it. He's gonna explain it and you know, kind of give us his position on that.
Speaker 8: Then.
Speaker 1: Of course the Reds report with YID at eleven thirty, all right after the show. Show at Huddles Cafe eleven to seven, slinging drinks for Hillbillies and others. We'll see you there. Seven hundred WLW