Speaker 1: Well, if there's one man that knows the charm of the Oakland Coliseum, it's current Dodger super reliever and former Oakland a super reliever now with a great blonde mustache, the one and only Blake Tryning. Great to be back out here at the Oakland Coliseum with you.
Speaker 2: Thanks man. Yeah, it's good to be back. A lot of memories here.
Speaker 1: You're one of the few people that I would expect to say it's good to be back here.
Speaker 3: What's the charm of the stadium.
Speaker 2: Well, the charm of the stadium is the people think anywhere you go in life, you can have all the greatest things, the finest things in life. And as long as I mean, if you don't have good people involved, then it's it's all fleeting and it's and it sucks. So like, I mean, this is an old stadium. It has history to it. Yeah you can talk about how old it is and yeah it's old, but you know, a lot of a lot of things people were talking about when we got here is like how how great the playing surface looks. I mean, look at it. It's like it's like a it's honestly like a painting in the outfield. It looks so green and it's thick, and there's really I mean, they have nothing else here to worry about it anymore of a baseball and I mean, I'll take it to the grave. I think it's the thickest, best looking playing surface. But the you know, the stadium itself is old. A lot of great people, you know, within the halls of this building that I got to know over the years, and some of the coaching staff is still here. So a lot of a lot of good people, a lot of good memories.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it builds character when you have this stadium, these amenities, but you have the people that care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I mean I think character is more of an internal process, you know. But yeah, I mean there's some there's some good teams. Here's you know, winning obviously makes things fun and some of the pretty much all the talent that was here in the years that I was here about six years ago has gone on other teams now.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 2: When we were all together, we were having a blast, and it was as a type of baseball that I've never experienced before and haven't experienced since, just like the Dodgers or something I've experienced that's like nothing I've ever experienced because we in a world series together. So but I mean we were. When I was here, it was you know, a group of guys who were young and impressionable and had phenomenal skill sets. But you know they weren't expected to win. But they've won all the way through the minors together, and you know, I got to reap the benefits of the talent on the field. I mean, the defensive play and the offensive output was pretty incredible.
Speaker 1: There's a certain level of mystique around here because obviously they made the movie Moneyball, Billy Bean all that. What is it about playing for them that seems to uncover talent like yourself and others?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think there's a belief system behind their players. You know, every organization will say they believe I've been fortunate to play in a couple now. And you know when I came here, the the mo on me was I couldn't get left these out, and they said, we think you can sol go do it and it worked out. So everybody that I think, when you have a team in an organization that pulls for you and you have a very selfless mind, said to just do what's best for the team. At the end of the year, things work out best for you and your organization. So we had a lot of selfless guys on that team, and that's probably why they outperformed what baseball minds would say their capabilities a year or two before him.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to Blake trying in on the field at the Oakland Coliseum. He's got a cup of coffee in his left hand and he's got his glove in his right hand.
Speaker 2: Picture, come on, Bob Ross.
Speaker 1: And also you have this brand new anchor man Will Ferrell type of mustache going right now.
Speaker 2: To Blake trying to mustache.
Speaker 3: What is going on with the mustache?
Speaker 1: It actually has it looks good on your face.
Speaker 2: Actually, thank you for the beautiful poetry of words you put together. The Yeah, it's it's I know it's not an ideal statement for a lot of people. I've handled it a couple of times in my life. And you know, my my family will be away from you for a while, so I have I have the the okaytcha by by default because my wife's not here to actually grow mustache. So I'm gonna growing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you kiss the kids, they don't feel the rough and gruff of that facial hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they think it's funny. My kids think it's funny. My wife hates it so but you know it's it's just inside jokes. She doesn't really care for the beard or the mustache. So when she's not around, I've I've got like full rain to let it. Let it do what I want.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll leave good feelings right there. Great to catch up with you and.
Speaker 2: Uh, your favorite part of the stadium.
Speaker 1: Well, I am a Raider fan, so I have a lot of great memories of rich Gannon here.
Speaker 2: Everybody has their flauls. I'm a rich Gannon fan. I was a heartbreak to see him leave the Chiefs and then go in a Super Bowl the following year, So that was tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rich Gannon looked a lot better in silver and black. All let's agree to disagree on that.
Speaker 2: Sure, Sure, we won too straight, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Goka City, Oh boy, there he goes my guy Blake.
Speaker 1: And when you see him wearing number forty nine and you see a guy with a blonde mustache coming out of the Dodger bullpen, don't think twice.
Speaker 3: It is Blake.
Speaker 2: Trenning not to be confused with Evan Phillips. I got confused with Evan Phillips yesterday with a mustache while he was warming up on the mountain.
Speaker 3: I was great to catch up with you and great to be with a former A Hey.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dave.