Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. Would let your taco one on one to one JRR.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots all right. Another reminder, the full lineup for Welcome to Rockville will be rolling out today at some point, and as soon as it does, we'll share it with you. That said, as we've been doing all week long. More chances for you to win four day passes for the event at Daytona International Speedway in May. A very easy way to do so.
Speaker 3: Go to jr R Facebook page and vote for which Five Finger Death Punch song you want us to play? Lets you say it? We play it? Yeah, we have three songs up. You pick the one that you want us to play back at nine and somebody who votes is randomly selected to win.
Speaker 2: Rockfeld T gets only vote once though. All right again, that's on the JR Facebook page. You got fifteen minutes to place your vote and become eligible to win those four day passes. This is on one of the travel reddit forums that I came across. Interesting story here.
Speaker 3: I love it when you come up with different things from redditor like you know, people comment on it.
Speaker 2: And listen This is having to do with uh commercial airline travel. Apparently a passenger and overweight passenger who had not flown in quite some time. Uh, we're concerned that they'd be unable to properly fit in a single seat, so they purchased two seats. Okay, got on the plane, was sitting, you know, in an aisle seat slash middle seat. As the plane filled up and it was getting closer to the time to close the door and departs, another passenger walks up to the island and says that middle seat is mine, and the passengers like, you know, these are both oh no. At this point a flight attendant here's what's going on and gets involved, and sure enough, according to this the airline had overbooked this flight, which they do on a lot of flights. Of course, ripped this extra seat away and resold it to this person. So now you've got the overweight traveler who had bought two seats now having to.
Speaker 3: This as the person who has sold the ticket. You can't see Pat through the radio. It's amazing during the crunch he's doing this, which is you can boil this whole thing down to fat guy in a little seat.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't know if it's a guy or a woman, because the whole piece uses the term they. Yeah, which you know, that's that's what you do.
Speaker 3: That's what you do now.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, imagine the embarrassment first off of a You're already probably feeling some embarrassment having to purchase two tickets for yourself. Yeah, all right, b you know you're fat. I know I'm fat, and I know other people look at me and go, he's fat. Okay, but look, put that scenario into an airplane, a crowded airplane, and to be put through this bringer. In addition to that, the other seat on the they sold the.
Speaker 3: Seat from under him, and it's the flight attendant told the passenger who bought the two seats, you'll just have to get a refund when you get to the destination. Now you're putting that on me. I'd say, yeah, I think instead of getting a refund, I'll get it. I'm gonna get a lawyer. How's that sounds unbelievable? Right? Wow? Yeah, that that would be so uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: In other airline news, Miami International Airport.
Speaker 3: Uh to bid that individ wasn't flying with somebody, you know, because if it was like me flying with the dude the day or whatever, and I'd say, look, man, don't feel bad, You're good, and I just scoot and do it, you know, three quarters seat and give him a quarter of mine something to try to ease the pain that you're talking about. I mean, all that embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Miami International Airport and an unrelated incident, a female traveler U was in between flights. I guess she was hopping from one plane to the next when.
Speaker 3: Her water broke and an unexpected early arrival in the ticketing area.
Speaker 1: Responding two door three pregn that female possible mess carriage outside of store three departure.
Speaker 3: He was alive. It's alve.
Speaker 2: Hold on hold done, hold on, hold on, hold, on hold done.
Speaker 1: Rescue forty. Your ETA baby was delivered.
Speaker 2: Rescue forty delivered early arrival. Literally the woman traveling wasn't expecting to give birth. It sounds like for a month or two, I.
Speaker 3: Would think, because you're not supposed to fly right right, which is that that's how you kind of deduce all that. It's right there, water breaks, here's the kid in the ticketing area, and you now you need another ticket and you're missing your flight on top of that. More on this on our Facebook page is it's been so long since babies knock on wood? When you fly with a newborn, like if she was to you know, wait two weeks and then fly with that baby. Do you have to pay for your ticket for that baby? I don't think so, because it's in your arm. Yeah right, I think if you have it in your your arm show okay. But yeah, somebody asked what the airline was with this. It doesn't say it's just a generic accounting of something they witnessed.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Oh it's no secret. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I love all types of rock music, all types of course, including yacht rock category of music. I like rock.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of music that I grew up with. It's a you know, it's a feel good type of music. There's uh, you know, genres in formats dedicated to that now and it has really taken off in especially the last five ten years. HBO has released a trailer for yacht Rock, a doc doc k you mentory. I'm sharing that with you on our Facebook page as well.
Speaker 1: Rocks.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't wrong too hard.
Speaker 1: The singers all seem to be saying, Hey, it's gonna be okay. It's perfect sitting down dancing music, also known as yacht rock, Steely Dan, the Doobie Brothers.
Speaker 2: Toto, Kenny Longins, Christopher Crossed, Michael McDonald's I expected to be totally forgotten. By the end of the eighties, the.
Speaker 1: Term yacht rock merged from comedy show.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, this new genre we started to get embraced by the world ch rock. I always thought it was kind of flattering to be made fun of.
Speaker 2: I began to see that it was a kind of back which way to honor us.
Speaker 1: Obviously it made an impression on somebody.
Speaker 3: Yacht Rock The documentary will be out on November twenty ninth on HBO. Mack that one description was the best, where they said yacht rock where you can sit down and be dancing in your seat. Because when they when you first started playing that first song, I was over here, do you see me? Because and you were doing the thing. Yes, I just they were yacht rocking, dude.
Speaker 2: A Again, Like I said, my rock pendulum swings back and forth. I'll be on any given weekend, I might be having that on you know, one minute, and you know six years later, I've got Mettalla, Anthrax and panthera planet.
Speaker 3: I mean they have yet rocks out at one of the I believe it's at House of Blues. Oh yeah, they have yacht rock nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good to see it getting its getting its proper due. Pat's pendulum swings both ways?
Speaker 2: Is your takeaway? Musical?
Speaker 3: He's an angelum, He's a musical.
Speaker 2: Dam whatever. Taco Boba