Speaker 1: Welcome to today's Breakthrough Lab. Your next breakthrough starts here today. I have round two of a very special guest. He was in the Breakthrough Lab back in August and I just love what he has to bring to the table, so I had to bring him back for more because it's so important. Heck, it's something that I'm focusing on this year as well, and that is longngevity, So everyone please help me. Welcome Greg Lunsky, and I'm going to introduce him before I bring him on. He's a certified CSC trainer with a Masters in Education, specializes in strength and mobility training for parents. His mission helping busy moms and dads stay strong with time efficient workouts that they could do right at home. Heck, it's what we need. It's what we all need. We need to move more. We're sitting all day long on these computers on our phones. We definitely need to move more. So Greg Lunsky, everyone, welcome to the Breakthrough Lab. And let me let him into the room. Greg, welcome, Welcome to the Breakthrough Lab. What's going on, brother, Not much.
Speaker 2: Just it's glad to be on call with you again and share some more insights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. I actually love having you on the Breakthrough Lab, and there were so much more we could have explored, So I definitely want to make this episode about longevity. Right, there's an epidemic of people not moving, not not getting enough exercise. Heck, I'm one of them. I'm constantly sitting down working on projects, getting the Breakthrough Lab out of people, you know, working at my job implement an AI and I need to move more. So yeah, Greg, thank you so much, And let's have a little fun. Right, let's shake and move my brother first, man, Like, just tell me, like, what do we need to do? Man? Like, we got to get people moving. What's an exciting way for you to get people to move? Something that really gets some you know, motivated, or like, do we need to scare them? Do we need to like hang a cookie in front of them so they could chase after it? What can we get do to get people moving?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man, that's a question. It's the many things. Different things work for different folks, but one definitely is have some variety. One of the simplest things people can do is walk, you know, I mean the biggest, biggest reason people don't start this I don't have time and that's such a loaded excuse. When somebody tells me that, I almost want to have like a hard heart talk with them, because there is always time. And somebody this last weekend we were at a speaker school see for Rapheel, and may not be perfectly stated, but he said, basically, one thing we can't waste is is our time. You don't have time to waste your time. And I really like sink in with me, and I think people really at actually have to schedule it. One to prioritize it. Simple walking like for example, you know, somebody can walk for five ten to fifteen minute segments like I even see a lot of teachers between their classes when they have prep, they'll start, they'll do laps inside of the building when it's like cold outside like this, don't do laps and the always and walk so small breaks we can get these. What I like to call is just like little a little basically like micro segments of movements, you know, a little even better, but it may make some people hungry. It is like movement snacks, okay, a little bit and pieces here throughout the day, so and eventually it'll add up, you know, but walking is critical for one because our body is so efficient, and the best way I can relate it to is is really the longevity factor. How does the person want to function and move when they're in not retirement? Do they want to be dependant or rely on somebody because they can't even stand up out of a chair.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a big deal, brother, It's a big deal. I like what you said there, movement snacks. You know, I think everybody loves a snack, right, and so like maybe turning these little moments into a snack just just you know, hey, don't snack after your movement snack kind of deal, right, which people probably will.
Speaker 3: Want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. So recently I had an event and I was standing all day and I was just making sure that you know, I was like the director, I was the host, I was the audio visual guy. And the next day was Sunday and my legs were like Geo, they were like screaming, you need to walk. And so like I thought of you, and I said, we got to get Greg on the on the Breakthrough Lab because like, I definitely need this advice. So what are like good ways for what are good ways for people to create that time? Right? So I know you're saying, schedule it right, So how can people hold themselves accountable to really dedicate that time right? Like what do they need a gym at home? Or you know, if they do have five, ten, fifteen minutes here and there, how easy is it to get a workout, you know, with your body, with a few things at home or wherever they are, maybe in their office or personal business space.
Speaker 2: It's very easy, really, but for most folks the problem is starting knowing what to do. So let's say somebody's at work setting the alarm clock, whether it's on the watch or the cell phone, on the hour, doing five minutes of movement, whether it's like a walk or even simply like just like marching in place, shifting the weight and holding that one leg up like they're about to step on a staircase but not, And that actually builds pretty good balance, just wakes everything up, brings that appropriate sception. I don't want to try to use too much jogging, but basically mind muscle body connection. It just wakes things up, like marching in place for like a minute, and that's actually actually a great exercise if you hold let's say a weight in front of you, so it could be maybe like a work bag. You know, some people have so much things in their bag it weighs ten pounds, and now you have resistance your own workbag and your marching in place, working on a core in stability, you know, simple things.
Speaker 1: Like that from home people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from home, it's not they don't need really extensive equipment. Could be as simple as resistance bands, a couple of dumbbells, and really learning to move your own body weight. Well, so that's another key thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. Yeah, so you know, basically make your own weighted bag, right, So maybe like what's a good thing to put in there, like some books like the Encyclopedia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bunch of books, or sometimes people have these big bottles of water that are like either quartz size or half gallon size, not at some weight.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm definitely gonna put a book back together and throw some weight, and whenever I'm walking to work, I'm gonna have this book back on and I'm gonna be exercises my leg giving them a little bit like that strength training at the same time. Wow, that's amazing, man, it's such a great tip. I hope everyone's listening. Here take some notes, guys. You know we're gonna make sure we get the best use of Greg today. Man, you know awesome another woman, Oh, go ahead, go ahead, right, yeah, another.
Speaker 2: One that just came to my mind. It's just simply squats, you know, chair squads. A lot of people are working from their desk doing ten twenty squats every hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, And how do you get someone to remember? Do you set your clock on your computer or on your on your or on your phone? How do you how do you get to remember? Because obviously, you know, you get busy and then get hyper focused.
Speaker 2: Right, Probably the easiest win to do is like set uh countdown timer for like an hour, so uh for like an hour and then just move for like a couple few minutes, five minutes. That's probably the easiest way.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, incredible, incredible. So that's definitely a little bit of a work of a leg workout dies you know the upper waist, right, is there anything like?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Mobility and longevity, right, also comes with mobility and stretching. Right, What are some things that people can do, you know, on their own to increase that mobility so that you know, God forbid, if they have a fall, or if they have, you know, like an accident or something that their body you know, has that elasticity to be able to like number one support and also have that flow needed so that you know, bones don't break or you don't suffer like a fracture or even like a sprain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so two things come to my mind. One, so there's different types of mobility. So when we're talking about mobility, right, let's say somebody is doing wrist circles. I mean that's kind of like goosey I call mobility. But when you actually articulate the movement just in the joint and push it to the limit, now you're really isolating all of those tissues. So very focused mobility movements very slow, and things will start to kind of fire up around the joint. That's one and two is there's really no way around it. The best thing that can build that foundation of thicker bones, more dense bones, and also lean muscle which will act kind of like a cushion for those bones is really resistance training, whether it's body weight, bands, weightlifting, or a combination of things. And people really don't need to do a lot thirty minutes of very well focused resistance training weightlifting a few several times a week is going to be night and day, a difference in their ability to reduce the risk of injuries, and if they do happen, people can catch themselves and not be so severe.
Speaker 1: Gotta got it. What do you think is the number one thing stopping people from really exercising? Right? It's because it's it's such a needed thing, right for our long term health and short term. Two, anything you know, it impacts everything from your energy levels, from you know, the way you move, from even you know, your sexual activity. Right, everything gets impacted by your by your how much exercise you're doing. Like, what's the number one thing that people can do to really make this number one? Right? How can we help them have a breakthrough?
Speaker 2: It's a really good question. Having dealt with so many clients over the last several years. It's not one thing. It's actually multiple things. One is definitely the time constraint. People believe they don't have time. Two, they don't think about it long term. They don't understand the cost of it that if they keep delaying it, what is going to be the actual cost. So there's two ways I want to I like to sometimes interpret to people about what they can expect. So would somebody like to suffer twice by not working out and also dealing with the repercussions of the reduced quality of life into longevity, or would somebody like to suffer only once through the workout, get it done, suck it up, and reap its benefits as those dividends pay into the future for their quality of life and longevity. So time constraint not having that vision for long haul, and three people don't know where to start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it's definitely so we have what I got. There is for at least two areas. One is like, you do have time, just make sure you add that time and you get that scheduled right. And the second thing is just start get outside your box right and start looking into the future a bit and start visualizing that kind of life you want to have right in your fifties and your sixties and your seventies, and just saying what kind of like, what do I need to do today to live that kind of life I want to have in my sixties, seventies and eighties, right nineties? Right? Do I want to be in a wheelchair or do I want to run around with my grandchildren? Right, good, and just when you look at when you look at life that that way, then you're going to say, Okay, I need to take action today. Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? There is no perfect time to start, and it's not going to be always perfec it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Is there is there any groups of exercise that you would recommend for someone who like says, okay, I don't have that much time, I'm going to make the time. Here's the four or five things that you could do just to make sure at least you're keeping your body in rhythm and flow, you know, Like, is there a group of exercises that you recommend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I would say it's more kind of like categories. So one, for sure, definitely walking at least five thousand, if not up to eight thousand steps a day. Anybody who walks that much is going to be a lot healthier than most of the population. So walking. And two some kind of resistance training. With the resistance training, the best thing that somebody can do is pick like three, four or five exercise is what's called compound exercises, so means it works multiple joints, so you know, like for example, push ups, squats, lunges and just just work that in multiple multiple sets of like low to high repetitions, depending on somebody's strength. The third one would be mobility. Uh, I'm a firm believer that mobility can actually really reduce the risk for injuries and their severity and not to mention actually helped the person move the right way. Because if somebody does mobility, like going back to the risk thing, and they're able to control articulate any joint in the body with control, I think about how much more control they'll have a let's say they have to move something or when they work out, there's that awareness. And the last one I would say is and this is outs well within the exercise realm, but I am noticing lately a lot that people need to actually include breath work into their lives.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, tell me a little bit more about that. That's the modality that I've been adapting even more to regulate my nervous system. But yeah, tell me about breath work and from your point of view, and why is that so important to integrate into a daily habit or even a physical fitness exercise? Sorry regiment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So we have different types of briving techniques. It really is important because obviously it serves as a foundation to bring in the oxygen that vitality to the body, the mind, all the organs, as well as learning to breathe the correct way. You'll see a lot of people breathing with their chest and shoulder shrug when people are stressed out, and then people develop all these aches and pains in their necks in the upper back when they breathe with their shoulders and actually ribcage instead of the abdominal area, which is called belly breathing, or sometimes people call crocodile breathing. Like you see a croc it's belly expanding out. So it really is important to learn to breathe that correct way because it allows that diaphragm, that muscle that is underneath the lungs to move kind of like a jellyfish as it drops when the lungs fill all the way at the bottom, and that actually creates pressure on all the digestive system and all the circulation there, which actually aids it helps with circulation possibly digestion because you have that pressure of the diaphragm versus somebody breathing out into the rip gage, you're not really using the full capacity of the lungs to fill and no wonder we have people who have high levels of anxiety or panic attacks in this society, so it's important to breathe. On top of that, you can combine breathing techniques with actually abdominal tension exercises. A particular muscle called TVA transverse abdominance, which actually is the deepest one. It runs like a corset like a weight belt inside and it is so critical for the health of our breathing. It actually helps digestion and not to mention, it can actually correct people's walking gates. Let's say somebody's walking with the ankles boppling in. Once they train their breathing through engaging the TVA by doing vacuum extrac it's it's a it's a game changer how people actually can walk differently too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you threw a little bit of jargon for me if I'm a little bit confused, so let me talk. Let's there's a big rate for the audience as well. You said TVA. What does TVA stand for?
Speaker 2: So it's a transverse abdominance, which obviously you know the Latin jargon for the muscles but think of like so most people when they talk about apps, they talk about the six pack or the eight back, right, the ones that run up and down, and then the other one that people see on the side taper like like a V deal bleaks. Right. So people only think about those core muscles because they can see them if the body percent of fact is low. But the TVA that is the deepest muscle. It's way inside. It's the deepest muscle. But it runs like this. Think of it like a like a big belt like this, and it runs like like so, and it helps kind of think of like cinching the waste belt, waste waste belt like back in the days when women used to wear these.
Speaker 3: These yes to basically give a slimmer waistline. Well yeah, yeah, this is a motivating factor because if somebody trains the TVA, they can have a slimmer waistline. That's why bodybuilders actually are able to have that slim waistline.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you'll see people it's like sucking their got their belly that it almost looks like they're really hollow, there's like nothing here and they don't.
Speaker 1: You have seen that? Yeah, yeah, yeah, wow, incredible. See when I hear TV A, I just think television and audio. So so it shows that I need to do more exercise. I haven't seen my obliques in in in over five years. Awesome, Greg, Yeah, Man, so you've you've started a new class, right, like a new program, right, And I think what's the name of it and what's the focus there?
Speaker 2: So I think you may be referring to two things. I started a six week intro challenge one yes, yeah, So that is built around for people who have either been working out consistently and they kind of let the life get in the way, get busy, because they may have found going to the gym for like an hour, hour and a half at a time kind of bounting and just it made people unmotivated. So coming back into fittiness, it's more manageable starting with like thirty forty minute workouts several times a week. And the other person that, if it's too is someone who hasn't been really kind of moving working out in a while. And it's a starting point. It's just to build good habits and give people a way to have that feeling of accomplishment, have those little winds, and then you can stack from there build at five ten minutes per workout, maybe go from three and then to four or five times a week and it just becomes habit forming and they can gain some momentum into being more consistent and turning it hopefully into a lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it, got it? So you got you got one for like people that are already in the move, they're in the flow, they're in the rhythm, and you just help them keep on that path. And then you got it for like hey, I haven't moved, I feel awkward, and here you go, like Greg's here to make sure that you get going in the right direction. Nice brother, Yeah, man, Yeah, count me in. I'm signing up. I'm sending you the cash tonight. Okay. Hey, so, so you've you one of the things you've you've gotten really known or as kettlebells.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Kettlebells has been like you're a call to action.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I even saw this really cool advertising on Instagram. Would you with this awesome black truck and you're like just you know, busting out the kettlebells. So yeah, tell me what what what drew you to kettlebells? Right? Everybody, everybody has their niche, everybody has their the thing that they like to you know on board. You know some people have you know, what do you some people just do calisthenics, right, which is like just using the body weight.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Then there's what's that other? Really the one with there they're jumping on top of the box. I'm drawing a blank right now.
Speaker 2: I think you're talking about the pliometrics bucks jumping.
Speaker 1: Things like that. Yeah, there's the t RX bands right, you know the hang from the from the ceiling and people use that a lot. And so like what what drew you to the kettlebells and why is that your your primary choice or are you moving away and adding something new?
Speaker 2: So it used to be my primary tool, but I like to I like to think of it as a tool currently my training. What I use is kind of equally balanced, where it's some kettlebells, some barbells, down bells, body weight, and a small percentage bands. It really depends what I'm doing with the tool. It serves its purpose. But what got me into them initially was a really bad injury and the shoulder back in two thousand and seven. It would had some nerve damage. It took a while to find the right orthopedic surgeon because it was really not functional and doing the typical workouts, like the typical split routines, you see people doing okay bench day, then it's another day's back day and the shoulder wasn't really doing good. It was just getting warm. So I was looking for a different tool that builds mobility, stability, and just overall strength. And because of the position the way it sits, like when you're doing overhead presses or even just swings alone, you know, people think it's hips on the swings, but you have to think about you have to you can't let the belt pull the shoulder away. You're using some shoulder blade action where you pull it back and you let the shoulder gets be stable. So just the movements alone with that tool allowed me to build stability in that shoulder until the surgery happened and never looked back. Just allowed me to come back to more versatile training. But the reason you probably see the cataball a lot and other people is it's more of a symbol as well that fitness can be done anywhere with minimal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you can take it anywhere. Yeah, it's true. Sure, just one of those and you're like lifting it, yeah, you know, pushing it forward, putting it between your legs. There's that whole swinging up high, which always makes me nervous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and it's uh and I know it can be intimidating, but you know, I hope the audience understands it's it's it's a tool that I've been training for with since two thousand and eight, eighteen years, you know, and it started with the basics, very basics, like doing the swing, the goblets squad, how to clean it and then press it over ahead and the Turkish get up. Those are like the foundation of five that I've learned and just looked at tutorials, got books, videos to hone my technique and just built from there, you know, try the different movements, like I know, the kettleby flips. That's a little bit dangerous, looks almost like a circus act, but it's actually not that scary you once somebody knows the technique and what to do with the hands when they're moving that equipment. So it's it's a learning curve just like anything else. It just takes a lot more patience because you have to be present with that too. That's one other reason why I like training with them is you really have to be present knowing how you're moving your body with that tool, so you're actually safe and it's doing what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's true. You don't want to slam a kettle bell into here or drop it onto your foot or hit your or hit your die or your knee with it. It's definitely a tool that you have to be present. You're right, It's so true. You have to be there because so like it really forces you to focus on the movement. Yeah, you're right. Yeah, I never even thought of that. So cool. Let's move on to like supplements, man, because I was a little late starting even this podcast because I had to stop in and I was had ordered some probiotics and had ordered some greens and you know, I had ordered them for pickup and they weren't ready, so I had to wait a little bit longer. But yeah, like, what are some supplements that you really feel can make the biggest difference for someone you know that's going to get into a good regimen. And are there any brands that you like, I mean, like you know, you know, maybe we can get you some endorsements here.
Speaker 2: The biggest thing before I recommend any supplements to anybody is one is becoming familiar and comfortable with including wholesome nutrition. That's one, okay, that's one of That's one of the biggest things. Really, I know people and I'm not preaching any particular way of eating. Some people are into the intermittent fasting. Other people are into paleo diet, keto diet. I mean, you want to confuse anybody and this civilization, come up with your own new diet and there you go, right, But it really comes down it just it comes down to eat and clean. The best way I can say is eating food that is coming from single ingredients that is actually put together, not processed out of the box. But again, you know, within real, realistic expectations of what somebody's lifestyle is, supplements wise, again to recommend them. The second thing I would say is first the person should go to their whatever they use for the doctor position or natural path and get some blood work done. Really see the blood work, see what the vitamin D levels are, other things in the body that the person may be deficient. Because you know, to recommend supplements, it could be given the person too much of certain vitamins, minerals or other compounds that the person may actually not need, and considering also health conditions, so you know it's somebody diabetic, as somebody have maybe lupis, choulgrins, psoriasis, things like that, and doing a test to have that panel of what the numbers are and how the thybrid functions as well as hormone levels. That is the second part of this equation. And then I would you know, depending what the person comes up with, then you can recommend supplements. But most of the common ones that people use that excuse me, that I've used myself on and off, is creating is actually a good one, especially if somebody is working out, because it is one of the most studied ones. There's different companies out there, but it's not just for the muscles, but they've had some studies down where its actually shown to help with cognition.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we all need a little bit more focus, more ability to think clearly. Right.
Speaker 2: Magnesium is another one. A lot of people are deficient in it. It can help with various things such as hormone levels, recovery, better sleep, things like that, especially now the season we're heading into. Most common and I definitely do use it, especially working in the school, you know around so many people that get sick easily. As my go to is vitamin C, D, zinc and corseting. Those seem to work pretty well, help the body with a little more robust immunity and help with some somebody's coming down with something. But within D. What's interesting is there's been some studies done that it actually helps with immunity, not just bones, but also recovery from workouts. So if somebody gets their test on and they're below that number fifty, now that can explain a lot of things. If the person's getting sick a lot that is feeling kind of like worn down, beat down after long days of work or after workouts, they are not recovering, then you know somebody's deficient envitamin D. And the other one would be a quality electrolyte. However, a lot of companies out there, they say that they're a good quality product. But the one thing I it's a pet peeve with me is when they put on the label natural flavors and there's nothing listed, So, I mean, what's in those flavors, right, those natural flavors is one can question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, natural flavors. It's like, where did you get those natural flavors from? Right exactly? Yeah, no, I agree with you. So many companies just take so many shortcuts, and it can be uh, it's daunting to try to find a product that you know, that that's wholesome and that you can love and trust.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, the speaking of I actually I do forgot to mention, I do have an account with one company. They're not cheap supplements. They're kind of expensive because it's a new technology. So a lot of supplements that people buy in the store, they may say, okay, I need to start taking a multi vitamin right, and they buy it and they say I need to maybe start taking vitamin D. So the person buy those supplements and they start taking it, but the quality of it is not that great. Like, for example, if anybody wants a good quality multi vitamin, look ats for example at vitamin C. If it is a scorbic acid, noo, it's one of those run in the mill, cheapest, you know, lab made supplements. It should be from real food, like something citrus or anything like that. So those will be the best options for multi vitamins. Vitamin D. A lot of people take them and it goes through the system, it doesn't get absorbed fully because that's a fat saluble one. It needs to be taken with on fat, with like a small meal of some fat to be fully absorbed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all these tips and tricks are so valuable, Thank you, Greg. Yeah yeah, And how about these modalities like you know, like I recently had my nervous system feel like it was shot. And I had told you I was having some foot pain and and I went to like h and I had my first cloth cold punch. Official. I've done some outside, but I went and had my first cold punch and I want to make it like a weekly habit now. But it felt so good for my nervous system, for my body, my my leg pain like went away for a good week and a half and so and and I feel like I can I can be in the cold now longer. And I've only just done one so one official one like unofficial, like going to swimming in the beach or a lake, you know when it's cold, done that before. But but yeah, do you recommend stuff like that? And how does that help people recover? And is it beneficial to add something like that to an exercise regiment and I'll add an extra later. How about red light therapy as well? What are your thoughts on all these things that are popping up?
Speaker 2: Great question. The red light therapy, that is something that's new. I have not really looked into it. I do know that it does help with recovering from injuries now with the cold exposure. And also some people do sawn ons. A lot of folks don't understand that. What makes difference is the timing of it. So cold plunges typically are done by most people like in the morning, just kind of like to wake up the system. A person starting those should be obviously careful, you know. Most people are going to start like in the shower cold shower for like thirty seconds or a minute at a time, and build up to like maybe total of ten minutes for the week. And also including cold plunges. Let's say somebody has like a top with literally ice in their backyard, they're really going the full deal and then okay, But the only thing about cold plunges is it definitely should not be done like after workouts. What's been shown that actually helps after workouts is using the sauna because it does something with the protein that it helps with recovery. So that's why you know, sometimes you see people maybe on TV or a movie, or if you went to the gym, you'll see people going into the sauna after a workout if they have one there, because it is beneficial after training, when the cold plunges should be done away from training, not too close to it or right after the Okay, but I've heard some people reverse out of immune conditions doing cold plunges supposedly, so you know there's something to it. The other part is it activates something called the brown fat, which has a tendency to help people lose fat a little bit quicker.
Speaker 1: Wow, incredible. Yeah, yeah, it's so much coming out right thing. Sorry, things that that people you know, were just there there was no benefit to it. But then you know, you had all these cultures like surround themselves, and I mean I think there's even like a tribe or or a village somewhere in Tibet where where like little babies are put into freezing water and if they survived that free freezing water, then they'll know that they'll be able to live that like coold mountain life, you know of farming and so like uh and if they don't. I mean they kind of like the line is, you know, kind of like letting the weak kind of like behind, so a little bit extreme, but like I mean like that's we see, like you know, an example of the benefits of of of what what these cold punches can do. And so yeah, I love the fact that you know so much, are very knowledgeable. You know, what's one thing you you feel like you've learned from people? Right, like a breakthrough you've had now coaching people through so many years, your own workout programs, you're getting certified and now you're teaching people. What's what's one great takeaway that you've had, you know, becoming you know, a part of the fitness industry.
Speaker 2: Mhm, many too many to west, I mean, miss see which one I would go with?
Speaker 1: Are your top two favorite thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one is is that people are a lot more capable than they realize. But once you see the reaction when they attained certain things that they thought previously were unattainable, like such as losing maybe twenty five pounds because they struggled with it for such a long time, or building a certain level of strength and stability like for like another one that comes to my mind, a lot of people complain about me pain once they start strength training the lower body and doing some articulated mobility. Like I show the comparison between the risk circles. It's like they're almost like pain free. It's amazing when you give the body the right dose of movement and strength training. So that's been my probably one of the biggest takeaways. And then people there's that aha moment, like I need to be doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's I guess it's so beautiful to see people transform, right, And I think it's uh when when you get someone that that understands that they're capable of more, How beautiful is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I agree with you, so so true. We most of us don't know of what we're capable of until we actually go out and do things. And and then and if we do hard things and we come out on top, it's like we're super We believe we're more powerful, more confident human beings, and it makes us take more chances and do more things. Yeah. I agree with you there, yeah, yeah. Is there is there anything that that exercise has allowed you to do that uh you know, Uh, let's there's greg and then there Greg before exercise U G B E. And then there's Greg after exercise, so G A E. Which one? Uh what's uh? What's Greg after exercise?
Speaker 2: And what?
Speaker 1: Uh? Greg before exercise and Greg after exercise? What's one beautiful thing that you explore there? What happened to you?
Speaker 2: Definitely a lot less flare ups with so many old injuries back one that it was like a it was a it was a pretty bad accident, but I it was just I was humbled by the injury because I could do very little and then had to go back to the drawing board and just reassess how I was going to train to be pain free and strengthening the right things. So that in itself has allowed me to built so much better awareness as far as what I'm doing in my training and with the clients and train in a way that actually helps me avoid those injuries and to be able to do a lot of like just more like outdoors stuff, whether it's like projects around the house, construction related doing these expensive walks with the weight in the backpack, that's sort of thing. So that has been been a very positive change, not having in not the injury, but building back up from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, beautiful brother, beautiful. Now I'd love for you to do you have a certain nugget, maybe something that you experienced, maybe you something you got something from the speaker school you just went to over the past weekend that you could leave for the audience. Do you have anything like that that you'd like to leave as we wrap this episode up and then out, I'm gonna put you as solo here if you got something, Okay, yeah, all good, give.
Speaker 2: Me a second, yeah, yeah, yea. Let's go with the speaker school because that is always an experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm gonna put you up here solo. There you go, Greg stages all yours.
Speaker 2: So going back to the speaker school, this being the third one. Coming from a background as a total introvert, not liking big crowds, not a big talker, it just allowed me to open up my mind to being curious about other people's stories, where are coming from, what they have dealt with to get themselves to a certain point, whether it's their career or health, and actually becoming a speaker. So the best thing I can share from that my own experience is that you have to invest in yourself, keep learning, and you will be amazed at the growth and progress you will see and becoming a totally different person. And then haven't actually a tribe of people around you that support you because they're on the same mission.
Speaker 1: That's a beautiful thing. Greg, that is a beautiful thing. Thank you once more for joining the Breakthrough Lab the Longevity episode. Guys, let's live long and healthy. I'm signing up today. Greg, you get some of my heart earned cash to join your membership. How cool is that? And Greg, Greg, can people find you?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I know your your mission is to get these moms and dads that feel that they don't have enough time, that they have their corporate jobs or this or retail whatever, and they still have to come home and take care of kids. They need to pick up their kids and maybe that's their kettlebell, you know. So where can people find you? On Instagram or what's the name of your website?
Speaker 2: The website is actually currently under development, but I usually my main source of operating instrument Instagram connecting with people and that's strong number four life LLC. I also have a Facebook which is just my name, Greg Lanski, and I just started their group for parents, and I do have a YouTube channel that has a good amount of content and it's the same as the Instagram page.
Speaker 1: Name Awesome Strong for Life, Guys Awesome, Strong for Life LLC Awesome. Greg. Well, thank you so much much for joining me again. Your brother, bro, you know I love you. If you were here, I'd give you a big old' hug, make you feel all awkward. But I appreciate you sharing your knowledge. And guys, Greg's a real deal. He's been through it. He's recovered from accidents, some more than one, I think at least four, and so he's been able to really build himself back up. So he's encyclopedia of number one longevity, mobility and making sure that you're going to have the best quality of life in the future. So Greg, thank you again for joining me.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Thank you awesome, And guys, don't forget to support our episode our community here sorry. There on SOS Radio Do Live, we are in organization, community driven, full of spirit, full of moving that human connection and driving us forward. There are many other hosts here on this network, you know, have topics such as technology, spirituality, entrepreneurship, mindset, masterminds, you name it. We're here to drive the conversation forward so you can go out and become a more powerful human being. I'm Giovanni Ramirez and this has been the Breakthrough Lab and your next breakthrough starts here. See you guys soon, Take care and goodbye.
Speaker 2: Yes,