Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's welcome to Game Best Mornings with me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're going to be talking about Nintendo finally doing the thing and more. It's gonna be a good one because we have Lucas Holland on the show. Lucas, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I am doing fantastic. Thank you. I'm a big fun of Giant bonmbs, so it feels a bit surreal to be on the other side of things for once, but I'm happy to be here. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: That was on your show recently and then we talked about this. It's like, yeah, let's get you on Game Best Morning, so very helpful since everyone else is out. I appreciate it. But yeah, how have you been you play anything recently? How are things going with you, Lucas?
Speaker 2: I mean this morning, I did see the Mario Cult World going updates, so I have just been trying out a little bit today on Yeah, obviously, I'm sure we'll talk about that, but it's been one of those if I've been playing Mario Cult World, I'm getting rid into the boss ors mode on Metroy dread. That's been my like gaming right now.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, that's a good move. Everyone YouTube refresh YouTube if you're trying to watch it over there. It is going live. It just might be going to a different channel than was already up because there's it doesn't look like there's a lot of people watching it there. We'll get that fixed up. Yeah. I'm going to dive into that Mario Kart World update myself. I am interested in it and seeing how seeming like if I can notice any of the changes. I definitely remember feeling like when I was playing, like these CPUs are difficult, so I want to see how they have toned that down. Also very curious to see just how more frequently we will get those three lap courses again. We'll talk about all that in the news and stuff like that. I continued to be like, all right, Donkey Kong credits are good, so I can move on to something else, and then I just keep playing Donkey Kong. That's been been good. How about you? Did you? You played a lot of you can't get or what?
Speaker 2: No, not yet, But I'm going to visit a few friends to go watch EVO together, just like you know, watch the streams and stuff and enjoy some time with that. But I've got like, you know, maybe six seven eight hours worth of travel depending on how the trains go. So I'm just like, you know what, let's save DK for that and just have a good time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, good move for sure, Lucas bion all this. I mean, yeah, I guess I've introduced you, but you want to tell people a little bit about yourself, so like how you what you do in gaming? I like talk about your podcast things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So people may originally have like heard my voice as like an editor slash co host on the channel Fact Fiend. We then made our own like spin off series called Wiki Weekends, where I'm like a co creator of that channel, and that's where I mainly PUI out of content. I also do like streaming on and off, where I mainly do like a lot of Nintendo stuff, mainly z Elder and Pokemon related. But then I also just fell into the world of Resident Evil speed running at some point with the remakes a little double here and there, and I'll put yes, my main kind of output is Wiki Weekends, where we just kind of hopefully have entertaining discussions and create a welcoming community for people to come and enjoy. Kind of like a bunch of discussions on different pop culture stuff like gaming and films and comic books, things like that.
Speaker 1: Very cool, excellent. You know, let's explain what we do here then. At we're Giant Bomb. We make fun stuff about video games. We're a small crew trying to make it all possible through your support. By going to giant bomb dot com slash join you do that, become a premium member, get ad free shows, get some extra goodies. We are working on some more extra goodies right now, actually trying to get that stuff done and out there for you. But really your support just helps us make everything else happen. If you want to see us do these cool things, do that, it does make it possible. As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Greb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch Welcome, you can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Gamees mornings, or find the RSS feed on GiantBomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess so with Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase set for July thirty first. This comes from Salamano at Gamatsu, who briefly summarizes what we can expect. Nintendo will host a Nintendo Direct Partner showcase on July thirty first at six am Pacific time nine am Eastern. I see why Jan took the week off so you wouldn't have to get up early, featuring twenty five minutes of information on upcoming Switch to and Switch one games from publishing partners. The company announced you will be able to watch it on YouTube and Nintendo Do dot com. Why don't say Twitch. It's not gonna be on Twitch. I guess maybe they don't, do they not usually do the directs on Twitch? Whatever? Okay, twenty five minutes Partner showcase were what were you expecting? And is this in line with what you were expecting?
Speaker 2: Probably at this point, Yeah, I do think that it makes sense with we kind of know roughly like a game per month from Nintendo at this point for the rest of the year, things like Age of Imprisonment. We don't know exact dates, so we just have like Winter and things like a Rider's as well. But I think it makes sense to just kind of have a partner direct fill out that kind of rest of the year, make sure that we realistically probably get a lot of ports and switch To upgrades s right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I think that there's been a lot of demand from third parties to just kind of test the waters and beyond, like like more than just test the waters, be like no, we're we're pretty certain we want to be involved in switch To, and I think Nintendo was trying to like line up the ones that probably had a lot of those specialized versions of those ports for the switch To, the ones with the subtitles. I'm struggling to think of anything. The only one that's coming to mind is the WEU version of that Batman Armored edition there was. It was a Hitman World Assassination Signature edition something like that. Although there was a bunch of games like that from third parties on switch To at launch, where the developers and publishers did a little bit of extra work to make sure that those games felt a little bit like Bespoke for switch To. I'm imagining that this next crop of third party partnered titles will be a mix of games that you know are ports but aren't the special versions that were able to get into that first direct and we launched at the launch of the console, and then totally like like much newer third party games. I wouldn't be surprised if, like we see elden Ring Night Rain mentioned here something along those lines, partially because Nintendo and Frumpsoft seem to have a really close relationship right now, but also because it seems like that game could work on switch To just fine. So yeah, I'm you know, going in there expecting a lot of third party support. I do wonder it's like, man, Nintendo's gotta tell us what's going on with so many of its games that are still coming out this year. I mean, we're aware of the games for the most part. We have a general timeline for many of them, either months or whatever, like later this year. Metro at Prime four, we don't know that much about. It's still just slated for this year twenty twenty five, and I guess that is coming out in November or December, Lucas, they don't even need to start talking about it quite yet. But I got to say, getting a little antsy over here. Do you feel that or does this sound like typical Nintendo to you and you're not all that concerned.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would say I'm overly concerned just because they have outlied some games for the year at least, not like there's just nothing that we're aware of. It's just more settling down dates and details of games. But I think it makes sense of this point to kind of get a crop of ports along. We know what's coming in like we've gone the Nintendo games for July, we know what's coming for August, and then that kind of lines them up for that usual September direct.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good point. Yeah, that when you say it out out loud like that, that does feel like what's probably gonna happen here. Now. They do have a earnings report with investors. I think it's this week. I think it's later this week actually, so that would be tomorrow or Friday. I can't nail down exactly in my head, but I know it's happening soon. They're gonna so they're gonna get questions from investors saying, hey, what what is happening with the release schedule. So there's a potential that they have some news about some of their own games, and if it's not in this direct, then it is going to be in a Nintendo Today app drop or something along those lines, which they could they'll do. You know, I think the directs definitely serve a purpose for them of you know, we do get a lot of eyeballs on this. We do have a lot of partners we want to keep happy and let them know that this is fertile ground for their games, and the directs are part of that. For our own stuff, we want to be a little bit more more. We're going to take a scalpel to some of these things and be a little bit more you know, specific about how we are going to introduce anything. And yeah, I think that probably does happen with Metroid Prime four specifically, they're going to just kind of wait until a little bit later this year and have a very bespoke marketing plan for that. Although you know, in my head, Lucas, I was like, Okay, they'll give us the date for Metroid Prime four here and then they'll tell us when you know Metro Prime two and three are going to get ported to switch to now, and it's like, oh man, if they don't do that now, are they going to have enough time when they eventually do start talking about Metric Prime four again, and again that gets back to my being a little anxious about all this. Okay, so let's get back to the third parties. Are there like specific big games that you think will show up here or anything along those lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I definitely think there's a few of the Steam version game or stream version games, cloud based games right that they had, so like things like Assassin's Creed Control, Kingdom Hearts three, like the Resident even remakes. I think they're all like prime targets for me in terms of getting actual Nintendo Switched two versions, like proper versions of those. And then I think as well, just like going to Capcom, it's like got the RI four remakes that never made it across and Monster.
Speaker 1: On the Wilds.
Speaker 2: And then I also think you mentioned night Rain. I don't know how much they want to talk about night Rain yet if Tarnished Edition isn't out yet yep, but clearly yeah, as you said, they've got a comfortable relationship right now with from Soft, and then I'm curious as to know whether like Square NX has maybe got more fun fancies coming and whether we get kind of like the rumored idea of maybe like a that do coming. So I think there's there's a lot of options of games that we know run on a PS four Pro or an Xbox serieses that are now capable of coming over, even if it's not necessarily new games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's I'm gonna be curious to see like which partners, which third party companies do show up in this direct because there is, you know, been talk that a lot of companies have struggled to get development hardware even after the Switch two came out, a lot we're struggling to get it now. I think there was there's like Tiers obviously from Soft clearly has a development kit and no surprise there. But but it's like, okay, you know, is it's just going to be a handful of really big third parties that are able to be in this twenty five minute direct, and we'll start hearing from a couple tiers down in future directs or just on their own releasing games starting next year because it's going to take time to get things ported over potentially, So yeah, I'm like ready to kind of see like who Nintendo considers that, you know, top tier one a partner that they want to show off here, and then how much shine they're able to give them. But yeah, I think the switch too seems like it's in a pretty good place overall with how people are feeling about. Obviously, the first party games are doing just fine, and the third party games I think are surprising people in terms of like, oh, this is a mostly viable platform for a lot of different kinds of games. The biggest ones, the ones that are going to be coming out next year that are going to have all the graphical features turned on and and you know, require a ton of horsepower on PC. Okay, maybe those are still going to be struggling to even hit thirty frames per second on the switch to next year, but it's like that, how many of those are there really out there anymore? You know? I didn't include a story today from It was a quote from someone who works on the Last of Us saying, yeah, well, look we did it, but we could tell you realistic graphics. Realistic visuals are kind of ruining game development timelines. It's kind of a bad thing for that, and so, and I think that's not dining include it because a boy, that's an obvious thing, I think, and I think a lot of developers would echo that, which is why many developers don't try to do games as realistic and with high as high fidelity graphics as a the last of us. Uh So, I think we're probably hitting a sweet spot where the switch to is pretty close to being able to have a lot of the third party games that will release this year, next year, maybe even the year after that without any issues at least for the vast majority of releases. So now it's just up to Nintendo to shout that, capitalize on it, make people feel like, yeah, I can I can play the next EA game on here. You know, elo e A might be one of those companies that is a little bit lagging on getting games onto the switch to me, do you think Battlefield six is on switch to?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a yeah, that's a difficult one.
Speaker 1: That's a difficult one, right, It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think with the amount the ball Field have heard kind of you know, the notoriety for pushing tech, that might be one of those games where they don't want to have it limited by the switch to and it might be one of those few examples.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, we'll get more information about that this week as well. Battlefield six. I don't think they've said anything about switch one way or the other, and so if it does come to switch, I guess I always expect it would happen later, But right now, I doubt they're thinking about it at all. They probably have like bigger fish to fry of. Let's just get that thing up and running and successful on PC and we'll go from there. I mean, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: They've they've got to get as many places as they want if they want to hit that one hundred million.
Speaker 1: Players about yeah, good point, god, one hundred million players. And to me, it's like you only really get to that number if you're also on mobile. So I wonder if, like that Battle Royale version that they have of that thing, allegedly have of that thing will also be on mobile in some way. We'll see. All right, let's uh, let's move along here. The war over credit cards censoring games is just getting started. This from Ethan Gotch at Kotaku. Gilbert Martinez has just poured himself a glass of water and was pacing his suburban home in San Antonio, Texas while trying to navigate MasterCards Byzantine customer service hotline. Story kind of talks about something that a lot of people have been talking about online right now, which is calling up master MasterCard and trying to get them to answer for their actions of of caving into pressure from religious groups and Christo fascists about censoring porn games on Steam and itch dite dich id a ditch dot io to the point where it's also caught a lot of other games that maybe would even be considered porn games, and people are finding that this is a it's difficult to really tie up master Card. Although it's like something around eight thousand calls a day some people are reporting from people's trying trying to push back against the anti porn and crusaders. The thing here though, is like it feels like, Okay, so, yeah, gamers are pretty good at getting loud and shouting at companies, and a lot of times that's, you know, to the detriment of our community. Let's say, okay, well we have some practice at this, and so we'll maybe we can implement it in something of a positive way, and so far that seems to be manifesting in a decent way. But I do wonder like we'll we be able to sustain this because there's one thing about the people on the other side of this issue, the people that are pro censorship of gaming, they don't have any hobbies. They don't they'll just keep doing this forever. They just see red and they go after it, and they'll be able to keep the pressure on. And they're also well funded by those crystal fascist groups and things like that. If gamers sort of fizzle out here, this is probably going to be something that doesn't go away. So will'll be able to maintain the pressure is the question, And you know that remains to be seen, but I'm definitely curious about it. Well, I want to keep bringing this story up, Lucas, because it's like it's not going to just go away on its own. People are going to have to kind of stand up. How do you How have you felt about this? Where is this at for you? Like, what's your assessment of the censorship of games on stores like Steam and itch dot io.
Speaker 2: I mean, ultimately, I think just overall, it's a it's a bad thing for the state of gaming. But I think there's also the more complex issue, which isn't you know, outright talked about where this is as you mentioned on previous podcasts, or this is not just about like adult games. This is about coming after, you know, the LGBTQ community and having those side effects that are intentional from places like Collective Shout, but they don't need to outright say it. It just happens to have that side effect in the first place. And as much as you know, I think that we should have the choice to buy whatever we want adult content or not, I do think that especially that is like the most like scary and damaging part of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like there are going to be false positives caught in this, for sure, but even beyond that, like I'm just not interested in having anything banned by a credit card company, and like you know, it's already happening. The games getting caught in this that clearly shouldn't be games that are clearly artistic. Commentary people point out Vile Exhoomed, which I've not played, but as far as I've read, it's like it's like this horror game from an indie studio that specifically is about exploring, uh, you know, toxicity in fandoms and and that can have as relates to sexual topics, uh, but also deeply relates to misogyny. And that game is now you can't buy that game and it's that that's deeply frustrating to me. And so you know whether or not these countermeasures are going to be able to work is is you know, I kind of see how. I kind of struggle to see how it wouldn't because if MasterCard is responding to someone just being like, hey, we're going to be real mad at you if you keep taking this money, and then a huge backlash comes says, what are you doing? No, you can't tell us how to spend our money to me, that's like equivalent and credit and the credit card companies should then side on the side of well, these people are saying, don't censor things, and then we keep taking their money. That seems pretty good to us. But I don't know if things are that logical these days. I don't know if things are are that easy. And how deep does a group like Collective Shout, the Australian Anti porn group have their fingers dug into a credit card company I think it's probably deeper than we even realize or even know where it's like, Oh, it could very easily be the case that it's not just this external group exerting pressure. This external group has people working at these companies that is completely sympathetic to their to their ideals and is helping to spread that stuff internally. And how do you remove that? That is something that you kind of much more difficult to fight against. So as people are calling up the MasterCard, they are finding themselves like struggling to find anybody who will hear them out. Once they start saying, hey, we wish you wouldn't censor things, they get you know, sent around to different departments and oops, your call got dropped. But I think that people, I think gamers are well aware of these kinds of strategies and are unlikely to back down because of that, And they know that really just being annoying is the solution here to a certain extent, and tying up those like physically tying up the phone lines so that it costs these companies' money will eventually catch the attention of someone. Whether or not that changes things again, we'll have to wait and see. It does feel though, like, Okay, maybe this is a good place where you know, Collective Shout was probably going to continue to try to go from one target to the next, and now actually the battlefield has been stopped here and they're going to have to continue to deal with this as the pushback has now been fully declared it and defined, and so maybe at the very least this is a serious obstruction and roadblock to the continued censorship that people are concerned about. Does that sound right to you?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, for sure, Like, as you say, tying them up and getting them stopped in this process would certainly help them moving on, right And I remember, I think it was a few years ago they came after like adult sites as well, yes, sex workers, it's like OnlyFans and things like this, and I believe that ended up getting reversed from a lot of pushbacks. So it's not to say that it can't happen. I don't know whether that was to do with Collective Shots specifically and how much their influence might change this equation, but I definitely I do think it's important to keep bringing this topical because, as you say, the kind of other side of this is that we let this be a new Story of the Week and fizzle out and then all of a sudden, we don't have any power within this dynamic anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's people in Chad like, hey, like we have like a real conversation about the ability for kids to get some of these games, and it's like, yeah, for sure, for me, in my home, I have Steam. I've some adult games in my Steam account that I like, and I share that I was sharing my Steam account as family sharing, and it's like, oh, I just you know, blacklist a bunch of games that this this whole category cannot be shared. So I take some responsibility for that. But it's like, you know, they're they're you know, that's not every household like mine, where I'm a savvy parent. I know how this stuff works, and so you know, I think people go they revert to, well you have to be eighteen to get a credit card, and it's like, well, you can go to the store and buy a Steam gift card. Could a kid go do that? I think Lucas I would probably be okay. And if there's people who are like, no, actually no, even this is a slippery slope, but I would hear that out. But I think in my mind when I initially think about it, I would be okay with the idea of you can't buy eighteen plus rated games with the cash you put into a gift card at CBS or something like that. Maybe that maybe that's not a perfect solution, but it's like, oh, there's compromises to be made here with people who have concerns. I'm willing to have the conversation with reasonable people. Blanket censorship though, is not the answer.
Speaker 2: No, exactly, that's not the reasonable side. That's not the actual like faithful discussion. These are not the people that want to have a discussion in good faith. They want to do that just you know, slap their power around and make sure that they're the ones who get exactly what they want. And as you say, maybe there's there's other ways to put that in place. I wouldn't be against the idea of only being ultibi adult games with a specifically like credit cards to debit cards. And I think there's a there's definitely ways to try and make it work better than it is at the moment. But I also do think that it's it's not wrong to ask people to have some level of personal responsibility when it comes to their own children as well.
Speaker 1: Definitely not a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people, you know, might not like that statement. Well that's the way I see it personally.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, And uh, I don't think, you know, if we sat down at a table with collective shout and offered up any sort of uh compromise, I don't think that would actually get us anywhere. So it's like this that this is a conversation we save for later when it's us adults having real conversations among ourselves. And uh, these effectively children screaming because of their shame, their internalized guilt and shame. Uh, we just have to say, no, you're you're actually not welcome at the table. You are you've shown yourself to be too irresponsible, and you want to make your problem everyone else's problem. We're gonna we're first, we're gonna stop you, then set you aside, and then we'll go solve this on our own. Uh. And I think that's really the only way we can handle this going forward.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot of the kind of the name in general is collective shout, Like, Yeah, they don't want to have a conversation, they want to shelter us, right, Yep.
Speaker 1: And they ye want to dictate things. And yeah, at the end of the day, they it's fascism, it's it's and it has to be just dealt with and stopped and cut out like cancer. Yeah, all right, let's take a break. We're going to go to an ad break which you can skip out on if you go to Giant bomb dot com Slash Premium. We'll be right back after this. All right, we are back. It's Game Mess Mornings. I'm Jeff Grubb, that's Lucas Holland we're getting back into the news with Elden Ring's two player mode. Patch has been delayed due to tsunami warnings. This is from Jordan Miller at VGC. This was supposed to launch on Thursday, the two player mode, which was much requested by players, but yesterday overnight there was an eight point eight magnitude earthquake off the coast of Russia that caused a ton of tsunami warnings on every coast in the Pacific. Essentially, now that the tsunami has hit a lot of places and it was about a meter high, very dangerous still in a lot for a lot of places, a lot of places do not have the infrastructure to put up with the tsunami even that high. But you know, I tried to like look at the news this morning to see just you know, was it is this as tragic as tragic as some tsunamis have been. It looked for as far as I can tell, looks like most people have been spared, thankfully. But I like, as soon as I saw this news, it was like, first of all, hope everyone's okay. And then because you know, the direct had been on my mind, It's like, oh, I bet they'll just cancel the direct because Japan's history with tsunamis they're just not even going gonna want to risk it. But I think what happened is it came they saw that, it's like, okay, we can mostly handle what has happened here, and so the direct is still happening. But from Soft it's like, ah, you know what, We're just gonna let our employees get out of here, because at a certain point, like even if the actual effect, which again I'm not full I don't have full knowledge of what has happened everywhere, but even if in like Japan, it hit and it didn't do any fatal damage anywhere, like there's so much trauma related to tsunamis in Japan that I just I would do the same thing of like, if you're actually taking the rest of the week off, go somewhere where you feel safe and secure, deal with this stuff process. It will come back next week. And I don't blame anyone for doing that. But as far as we could tell, it looks like like on the West coast of the United States, the tsunami warnings were downgraded significantly, except for in northern California, which is of course where I have a lot of friends, including I think you know, Dan and Mike are there right now, so hopefully they're staying back away from the shore. But yeah, this is this is the kind of thing where you see this and it's like, yeah, this this is the right move, right if you if your employees are feeling any sort of trauma at all, just let them take the time off, correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, totally. I you know, I'd hope it goes without saying, really, like video games, the fun, they're not that important. People's lives of all more important, and you should even if it's not a massive safety risk. I'm not sure again, Like again, yeah, they've specifically been impacted, but just the idea of trying to put a patch above your own employees is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's just such an easy thing to do where it's like, you know what, I bet the leaders it feels the same way either, like you know what, we just also feel this. So let's just do the right thing here and let everyone know that you're you're more important if you're working on this game than putting out a patch, especially patch that can come out next week. It would be what's the difference at a certain point. So yeah, I think there was probably a little bit more of this than we haven't even heard about developers, employees and shpan. It's been like, yep, let's worry about our people first, and that's just fine with me. But yeah, I think they are. Let's see if they have re announced when this will come out. Yeah, the patch will now be released on okay, so yeah, it was supposed to come out today, actually my bad, And now it's coming out. It is coming out tomorrow, Thursday, July thirty first, so coming out one day later. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I imagine many people being mudled out.
Speaker 1: Right, No, And I don't think I haven't seen any backlash. Everyone sort of gets it, you know, just especially for Japan, where it's just like, you know, you think about Fukushima and all that stuff. Yeah, harrowing things have happened in countries like that with tsunamis. Okay, someone just reminded me Ninja Guid and rage Bound reviews. I've been playing Ninja Guid and rage Bound quite a bit and it rules. It's awesome, it's very good. Let's go ahead. Let's go to Open Critic real quick and see how it's doing. It's got an eighty six on Open Critic. Let's see how many reviews is that. Quite a few have come in. Let's read this one here from Austin Souter at tech Raptor, who gave it a nine point five out of ten and said Ninja Guiden rage Bound is an adrenaline pumping action platformer with killer pixel art and fast paced gameplay. Levels are challenging, especially in hard mode, and bosses are not to be underestimated. Stages feel dynamic and always have something new to offer. So I was hooked from the start to the finish. Let's see worth playes. Chris Adam d Angelus gave it a nine out of ten, and said Ninja Guide and Rage Bound is a pitch perfect revival of the NES classics. It captures the same fun, run and slash feel of the original games, while modernizing enough to be exciting to play, whether you're a returning fan or a newcomer. The fantastic soundtrack and excellent graphics elevate it and make the entire package shine. The closest thing I can come to us to a complaint is that some is the somewhat low difficulty level, and that is more in comparison to the franchise as a whole, rather than this game being too easy. If you're a fan of action platformers or a Ninja Guiden fan in general, you'll find a ton to love and Rage Bound. Let's see you can find a lower review slightly more critical. One game spew gave it a seven out of ten. This is Richard Segrave, who says Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Guide and Rage Bound is a genuinely challenging action game with lovely visuals and rewarding, fast paced gameplay. It feels a bit rough in places, though, and often borders on being simply too chaotic for its own good assistops mean that anyone can see the journey through to its end, but better balancing of or difficulty levels would have been preferred. So I wonder if like hard mode is something you un lock later, because the earlier review mentioned that, uh yeah, I just kind of turned this on, started playing and immediately was like, yeah, this feels like what a Ninja Guide in Revival should feel like. You just you run, you slice the sword, you can knock the you know, the shurikens out of the air, you can clutch onto the wall, do wall jumps, you can climb up the wall, and it all just feels right. And then it also feels like they have smoothed out the edges that are not necessary to preserve where it's like they have. They did like the sampling effect. They sampled all the most important elements of Ninja Guiden and then recreated it here, and then in the upscaling of those samplings to like, we're rebuilding Ninja guid In for a modern audience. They did so through the lens of modern game play sensibilities, and so I just think it's a really extremely playable version of a two D ninja guiding game, which I always love now. I do remember the Ninja Guiding games being relatively difficult, especially at the end with like the boss battles, and you know, there was waves of boss fights one after another at the end of those games, and it was like nearly impossible for me as a kid. So it's like, I'm interested in maybe playing this game on hard mode to recreate that feeling, because that is what I associate with Ninja Guide in But I think most people are going to be able to turn this game on and immediately have a pretty good time, especially if you have any affinity for any s action run and slash platformers. Is that you, Lucas Hollin, is that there's a Ninja Guide in a game that you're interested in.
Speaker 2: So I've been more of a fun of like the.
Speaker 1: Three D games because sure absolutely.
Speaker 2: Closest to like growing up with them, But I'm definitely a fun of kind of like the more modern style like action platform of games that all you know, very retro feeling and go bots those any estays. Like, I think the first one I've really got into in the kind of more indie modern side of things was Chival Night, which just you know, I don't think it needs to be set by Wall Fantastic game, and like, just looking at the trailer for Ninja Guide and Rage Wild the moment you say it feels right, it's like that's all they needed because that trailer sold me in twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, exactly. And I think that for people that did grow up with the three D Ninja Guiding games, this is still going to have a lot of the elements of like making you feel cool, having just establishing that the Ninja character has some awesome stuff going on, and then you get this experience maybe some of the stuff that you like. You maybe look at the original Ninja Guiding games like, oh, this is Techmo's early example having kind of cool cut scenes at the beginning of their games or whatever, and they recreate all that stuff here and try to. In fact, they like almost recreate it one to one and a lot of situations and that rules. It's just kind of cool to see that that, you know, Ninja Guiden opening up on the nes with with those cut scenes was like, oh my god, I cannot believe what I'm seeing as an eight year old or whatever I was, And so for them to like treat that as something important and have a reverence for it has owned and this is this is the blasphemous stebs. I think that's another side of this that I just I love lucas of an indie studio has a success, but it's not like an earth shattering success like a Minecraft or whatever where it's or or even like a Hollow Night, where it's like, Okay, the person that made hollow are the people that made Hollow Night. They have a game that just has continues to sell. They've probably made a decent chunk of change on that, and that should be their focus. Blasphemous was successful, people played it, but these are going to be working developers, developers that are going to have to continue making games to be able to defund their lives for the rest of their lives. And now the industry is kind of like caught on that you can go catch these devs and say, hey, make one of the games for us, make a Ninja Guiden for us, and you know, and whether that's the way it worked or the studio pitched you know, techmo on this, however it worked the fact that they were able to take an indie studio, take an existing legacy IP put them together and get a game out relatively quickly is a really good sign to me. I want a ton more of this. We've had some of it, but it never felt like and that became a normal, normalized thing in the industry where oh yeah, of course an indie studio has a hit and now all these big publishers want to work with them on one of their games. I think that it was mostly like, you know, that's kind of too small, small fish for us. We're not interested in like a small indie game. And these days, I think publishers are actually much more in tune with the audience, like really wanting that stuff, especially for a franchise like Ninja Gaiden that is going to have a major three D game later this year, and it's like this is a great way to keep it at the top of people's minds. Does this feel like something that could happen more frequently to you?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I've been hoping that this kind of thing would happened for a while, considering the you know, one of my favorite examples of this is cadence of Hi Roll, were you know, Nintendo came to the crypto the Necroduncer developers, and it's like, we love this makers older game for us, and I cannot believe that we are in a state years later word known Nintendo franchises. How that happened? Again?
Speaker 1: It was such a beautiful moment, wasn't it. Where it's like, Okay, Nintendo gets it. We're gonna get fifty of these and we're gonna get We're gonna get the Way Forward remake of Zelda II and it's gonna rule and I can't wait to play it and they still have never done that. Yeah, I look, Nintendo's gonna continue to be the weird one, where not the weird one, but one of the weird ones that is just not going to follow up with such a good idea. That Crypto the Necro Dancer Zelda game was fantastic. God that music is a very good shout out to Danny B. Yeah, I'm to put that soundtrack on later. I'm actually just like craving it now. But so, yeah, that was awesome. They should have done a million more of those and they didn't. But meanwhile, okay, this is cool. The Blasphemous devs Blasphemous two did do very well and people want to work with them, and this is just more work for them. So, yeah, this has worked out I think great for everyone, and in the end we get a game that people seem to really really like, including myself. We'll do we'll get a quick look of Ninja Guide and Rage Bound up very soon. Everybody nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I think it's a great way to try and keep a franchise alive without having to bank on five plus yes dev cycles of these massive banks. It's just do little things and keep people aware of your franchise and just pluck our game every few years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like, it's just you know, sprinkle some stuff then. Like clearly the main thrust for a lot of these major publishers is going to be massive games that can have massive returns. I think all we're asking is in the intervening five to six years, work with someone else, sprinkle some of other stuff in for a lot of these franchises, or it doesn't have to be like existing franchises, another studio, a chance to do something with your money so that you are releasing more than just one game every five to six years. That's all we're asking for it. It seems clearly like it can work, and there are a ton of talented developers out there that fully understand how to do this now.
Speaker 2: I mean, like great example is Joseph Firous with THEA Originals, right, yeah, look where they've gone from backing like A Way Out and Brothers and now Split Fiction is one of the biggest games of the year. And you know it Takes two was game of the Year whenever the game awards.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's uh yeah. People are clearly starting to figure out other avenues other than just make the biggest game that's ever been made. Speaking of which, with Battlefield six coming, EA reiterates that it has no plans to charge eighty dollars for games. This is from Eddie McCoo at game Spot. With Battlefield six's big multiplayer reveals set for July thirty first, that's tomorrow, everybody, and pre orders rumored to open the same day, many are wondering if EA will charge eighty dollars for the games standard adition. That remains to be seen, but new commentary from EA CEO Andrew Wilson suggests it may not happen. We're not looking to make any changes on pricing at this stage, Wilson said during an earning's call. As reported by IGN, The executive added that EA already offers a fairly broad pricing scheme across its many releases, including free to play, paid and deluxe editions. Our orientation is always to capture the full spectrum of pricing so that we can serve players in the best way possible and offer them the greatest value, he said. We'll continue to look at opportunities to deliver great value to our players through various pricing schemes over the course of time, but no dramatic changes planned yet. During EA's previous earnings call three months ago, Wilson said much the same thing when asked about eighty dollars games, so as new comments are no surprise. A European League recently suggested Battlefield six's standard edition would cost eighty EU ro, which would be about ninety four US dollars. The EA has yet to make any official announcements. If pre orders do in fact open on July thirty first, we should find out soon. I could easily see lucas that some new like information has been revealed to many of these publishers in like the last few months, like some piece of economic data, some piece of consumer data that has caused them to maybe bulk at the idea of eighty dollars games. Now, yes, in three months ago, Andrew Wilson was sounding the same tune, so maybe it was never under consideration, but the you know, the rumored price is there. But you know, recently, we've had several games that were rumored to be eighty dollars actually end up coming out at seventy dollars, and that's Borderlands for being the primary one there. And then there were games that were actually eighty dollars that got reduced back down to seventy. Those are all the Microsoft games coming out later this year, including Outer Worlds two and Call of Duty. And I think even if if you're EA and you're like, oh, no, we were not. We didn't see anything that there was any reason why we can't charge eighty dollars for Battlefield, that might have been the case until you saw Call of Duty wasn't going to be eighty dollars. Call of Duty can't be seventy dollars in Battlefield eighty That just wouldn't work.
Speaker 2: Right, No, it wouldn't all. And we're in this kind of trepidacious period where clearly a lot of publishers want to punt on the eighty dollars, and other than Mario cart no one's been able to make it work yet. And I just think EA are happy to take the kind of perceived win on this for now exactly well just oh hey, no, we're going to be the good guys. Don't worry. We'll only do eighty dollars when everybody else does. And in the meantime, they can charge one hundred dollars for the duluxe editions in the early access and every game doesn't sell for just seventy dollars. Micro transactions and all that jazz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's eighty dollars, clearly still coming. But I think how much is that a going to really affect the people who legitimately buy a lot of games, Because the people who buy a lot of games, they're all on decu deals. They're all like on various websites looking for ways like to save as much money as possible, and they are very, very savvy, they're very in tune to like the timing that that each company kind of goes with when it when it comes down to price reductions, it's like, oh, you'll be soft. I'm just I know I can wait, because I can wait this out and it'll be affordable on a timeline that I fully understand and can wait and can accept. And EA might be a little bit different, but I bet the people who do tend to buy a lot of games are like, No, EA kind of goes on this general timeline and yeah, sure, maybe it's a little bit longer than a you be soft, but I'm not going to pay eighty dollars for this, and it's so really, you're just capturing your most dedicated fans upfront at eighty dollars, and that that's a lot of people, still millions of people in fact, and that's that's a lot of money. But maybe that's not Maybe that's not the concern right now. If you're a concern is to get this game to one hundred million players, you don't need to be spending your energy in the first couple of months justifying why it's eighty dollars. You probably want to just be like, here is the seventy dollars version, here's the one hundred and fifty dollars deluxe edition. You can play a week early. That has worked every time. No one's complaining about that anymore. Really, people are, but people are buying it, and so the argument is sort of passed. And then if they allegedly do have this free to play version of the Battle Royale, that seems to be what Wilson's alleging or you know, trying to allude to that we have a price spectrum. We're gonna have something for the people that want free to play. We're gonna have something at the premium price that sounds like the strategy they're really focused on here, and eighty dollars would probably only be a distraction to that. So I think I tend to believe that this game will come out at seventy dollars, And that begs the question, Lucas, when do you think eighty does become the norm? Is it as early as next year, because they tried this year and that doesn't seem to have taken.
Speaker 2: I think with GGA six at the moment being labeled for like May next year, I think around that time is when people are going to pull the trigger, or at least try to again, because obviously GCA is multiplatform, it's not one game by Nintendo, and it's going to be obviously a massive celler regardless of how much that game launches for and I was kind of expecting EA's first bite to this to be a college football this year. But that's a game that doesn't seem to need to, you know, do much to sell like Gangbusters, whereas a Battlefield six, I just don't think it can happen because this game is a hard sell to people already, let alone trying to get an extra ten dollars out of everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are people who already know they want Battlepild six, and that is not one hundred million people. So if EA is like trying, looking at the list of potential people trying that are interested in this game, I think you're right. I think it falls off a cliff. I think pretty quickly of the people who know they want this game and are just gonna get it no matter what at launch because this is their shit. And then that next group of people who are like considering it, people who play a lot of shooters. Boy, they have more options than ever. It's a hard sell. I think it is a little bit of an understatement, even Lucas of like, because are these people who even buy the games anymore? Because they have so many free to play options and they're so varied and fill so many niches, and their friends are already playing those. They might not even be considering buying anything in this genre right now. So yeah, gonna be tough for battlefield. All right, let's keep going here. That Mario Kart World update is out. This is ethan gotch at Kotaku. Nintendo just reverse course on one of its most controversial changes to Mario Kart World sorta. The switch to Maker had just buffed the appearance rate of three lap courses after previously nuking a sneaky workaround players had been exploiting to avoid the new games in between driving sections. Somehow, that's not even the biggest change in the game's first major update since launch. The switch Too's biggest exclusive is back on the menu. Mario Kart World version one point two point zero includes new features, lots of game tweaks, and some massive rebalancing. One thing that might bring back some laps players is this patch note increase the frequency of lap type courses appearing in the section when choosing the next course in versus race and wireless races. Fans are taking that to mean that the traditional three lap stages will be more frequent, including when playing online. A big criticism of the game has been throwing lots of straight straightaways, interstitial courses into the mix that just have players racing between the actual tracks they want to play on. When Mario Kart World first released, choosing random while playing online automatically removed these tracks from the selection pool. The community's preferences with preference was so strong it became common to see all twenty four players and a race choose the random option. Let's see the jump here to this other thing. That's another patch. Note. They made computer players weaker in everything other than battle reads, a major change that's already rippling throughout the community, with fans unsure whether to embrace the difficulty, nerve, or call for an unofficial hard mode to return. Grand Prix and Knockout Racist could get pretty narly At one hundred fifty CC. A two hundred CC mode doesn't exist in the game yet, though many suspect it will get added at some point. That's where I'm at, Lucas, I want two hundred CC to be the hard mode. I like two hundred CC. I know a lot of people don't. It's too fast. I think embrace the break button everybody. I know. It feels blasphemous to use a break button in Mario Kart, and two hundred CC using the break button is legitimately fun, and that's where I want to see you. Like, the most challenging computer players is trying to get all first place on two hundred CC. That's a really, really tough thing to do in Mario Kart eight Deluxe, and I imagine to be even difficult here after they've really made some improvements to how well the computer players can play. It's my opinion, I think one hundred fifty hundre fifty ccs should kind of be It should be hard, but it shouldn't be like what it has been, which is, like, man, these computer players are doing things I can't even do. So overall, I'm a big fan of a lot of these changes. I'm curious to see how this three track race change actually functions in reality. But you said you spent some time with it. How are you finding it so far?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I only maybe had like an owl with it today because the patch is only just released. But you know, I did want maybe like four or five online races, and I think maybe three of those had options to do the three lot races, which seems to be a little bit of a buff compared to what it was in the previous patch. And then I did like a Grumprix and a Knockout Tour, and as somebody on one hundred and fifty CEC, you know, it was relatively challenging. It wasn't ridiculous or anything, but the thing I was really struggling to get was those three stars on the goal wins. And it definitely feels a lot more achievable now, especially in Knockout Tour, where you have to be in first place on Knockout Tour every single checkpoint, and with the amount of mayhem going on in those first couple of checkpoints with twenty twenty four players, it felt so difficult to be able to get that momentum early on and try and maintain it throughout the entire race. But yeah, that definitely felt a little bit more achievable. And I've seen a few other people do early tests with the online races and say maybe like two out of three times they seem to be getting a choice for the three lap raisers, which is definitely more encouraging than not. But I just think give us our options of what we want to.
Speaker 1: Do yeah, it does feel like the game is limited on enabling you to customize your play style in any sort of and in a lot of the online modes, like the I think they added like one new option when you're playing with computer players locally for the item types. It's like mushroom only is now an option. When you go play online, it's like there's frantic and normal items you can't, like even for a private room, you can't go in there and select individual items that you want. Now, that's not necessarily something that I'm doing very frequently when I'm playing with friends, or even have the desire to do. But I still think, like, I don't know. I think back to the way Perfect Dark worked on the N sixty four, where the on the multiplayer options were like, you can adjust every little thing in here, and at a certain point, I'm like, I thought that should be the default, that should be the standard. Let us kind of have control over these games. And Marti Kart is on the other end of that spectrum with World, where they don't give you a lot of customizable options across the board, and even when you are playing an option that isn't online or matchmaking or anything along those lines. And that's annoying.
Speaker 2: That's fair annoying. Yeah, like you kind of maybe think by it to time split is talking about Perfect Dark obviously a similar teams. I don't know the time so isn't There were just so many customized options and they should be there. And the fact that it's not for Mariocar is it's infuria and I don't really use many of those like item toggles, but they're all in there in Mario kar eight to look, so why not here?
Speaker 1: Yep? All right, there's a report the Xbox rog ally pre orders will go live during games Com. This is from Alex Hopley, a game reactor. It appears that the Xbox rog Ally and ally X could be heading to pre order next month. The handheld gaming consoles were first properly revealed over at Summer Game Fest, with no release date given besides them arriving in the holiday period of twenty twenty five. Now, as per deal Labs, it appears we may now know when we might be able to get our hands or get our orders in for the Xbox rog ally X and Ally. Irreliable leaker site has posted that the twentieth of August is when pre orders will go live, which is also the day that Gamescom kicks off properly. Xbox usually has a pretty big presence at Gamescom. They are going to have one this year. I think that includes like a stage presentation of sorts, but they are gonna have a lot of games there, so they'll have some news announcements to make, and this is probably one of them. This thing's probably out novemberish holiday time. Like they said, pricing, we still haven't got exact pricing, although we've heard the rumors a bunch of times now. We remember pricing around like six hundred dollars for the ally and the Alix, up to one thousand dollars. I am curious about one of these things. Tell you if they don't, you know, send me one for my job, Lucas. I don't know if I'm going to rush out and get one, because I would want the ally X, and I don't know if I could justify spending one thousand dollars on it, especially when I'm like looking around and it's like, oh, Steam Deck two could be out pretty soon. Switch To is doing just fine by me, So a thousand dollars is going to be tough to justify. Where are you at with PC handhelds in general and the Xbox rog ally in particular.
Speaker 2: I'm intrigued by the idea of them. I don't own a PC handheld. I really do get the appeal of having both a Steam library and like an Xbox linked library on the go. That does sound very appealing. But for that price point, as you said, the switch to is doing fine and I'm going to have plenty of games to play on that, and it's just a thousand dollars is a lot to ask for the premium version, And realistically, I think most people that are going to be interested in these devices they want that premium experience, and I just, yeah, I think Xbox has got a lot to do to sell list tos, especially on like kind of the interface side, or I know, like a lot of people talk about just kind of how Windows doesn't work very well on these devices, and it's a big stopping point and I think that's going to be a big decision maker for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was just last night trying to uh, I'm my kid into YouTube because she was she's been using the original Asis rog ally for a long time now to play Minecraft, and then last night she's like I'm kind of tired. I don't want to play a game right now. Do you have a kind of have a device to like just watch YouTube? And I'm like, okay, yeah, sure, we could just use the rog ally and we went on the internet the edge of their their browser or whatever. I didn't want to download a new browser. And I was going to sign into YouTube and trying to import her her email address for her YouTube account, and I'm like putting writing it in, and so write E and I see the name pops up, The full thing pops up, and she's got a relatively long email address. The wold thing pops up, and I just try to click on it to automatically enter in that and the thing goes to the next screen and it just has E at gmail dot com, which is the one letter I wrote to get. I'm like, what the okay, maybe I just misclicked. I go back. I try it like five times. It never works. I have to just type the whole thing. That is the Windows experience on handhelds in general, of you have something that seems like it should work and it never actually quite works. And that happens all the time with password fields, with just navigating the interface in general, and it's miserable, you know, and then trying to update the thing with the three different apps, you need to update everything, and it's it's just this lengthy process, and it's to restart a bunch of times for each individual app. It's troublesome. Now, the reason that they're doing the Xbox rog ally is, you know, apparently, you know, ostensibly specifically to address these problems to make Windows better on handhelds. I just I don't think I have the faith in their ability to do ability to do that, and even if they do, steam Os is already there for me for the most part. Now, let's be real, there are a lot of games that people want to play that are a little bit more challenging to play on steam Os. So clearly Windows is going to have a place in this ecosystem, and a lot of people are just don't have the same issues with the problems that I do, and they've gotten over the cause now they can play their Xbox Game Pass games and that's much more convenient to them. So this is not gonna go away. But boy, I hope they get they are as serious about addressing these issues as they claim to be, because I don't want Windows to be anywhere near the default in the handheld gaming PC space unless it gets its act together. And like I said, I don't. I don't have faith that they're going to be able to do that. All right, let's do these last couple of stories. The Pokemon Trading Carner game Pocket also plagiarized to fan art. That's just a tradition now for game developers. From Alana Higgs and Nintendo Life, they are They're deeply apologized for the air which affects the ho O Ex three Star and lugah Ex three Star cards drawn by Sie Nanahara. I'm sorry, I can't. It's hard for me to follow all this. What I understand here is they had some placement art from that was made by a fan, and they used that in the cards, and then the cards actually got put into the game with that all in there. So they are going to pull the entire expansion, address this and then relaunch it. I could, I guess, I see how this happens. But this is such a like a dangerous thing after like Bungee's reputation got really trashed after doing it multiple times, that you've got to have processes in place to deal with this, right, you have to like have protections, and that's what they're saying, the right, they're going to go back and increase their protections. But I kind of don't know how. I don't how you don't have that stuff in place from the start, because stealing people's art is a serious thing that can really damage your company, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's it's very blatant when I look to the images. It's not something that can kind of be argued around it. It just pretty much is one for one in the parts of the outlock that they talk. And I just think, especially with something like the Pokemon Company where they have thirty years of reference to pull from for a lot of these monsters, just why is the need to use placement all of somebody else's all walk yep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's because you have your own artwork. Yeah, exactly, that's crazy. Okay, So I'm reading the thing here. After internal review, we discovered that the card production team provided incorrect materials as official documents to the illustrator commissioned to create these cards. The art has been replaced end game with a temporary placeholder, so they didn't take down the whole thing. Apparently it's just like these two cards now have blank slates on them or something that's fun. So just quote says quote temporary placeholder that actually rules I want to I wish people could just keep that. I know, yeah, exactly, that would be way better. And then finally Switch online Super Nintendo update happened and it upgraded the CRT filter. It looks really nice. But if you saw an update to switch onlines as Super Nintendo thing, it wasn't just Mario paint. They also updated it with a better CRT filter, which is great to see because I like using those, especially when they're pretty good like this one is. Okay, let's see here, let's get to the poll question from earlier this week. I got that. Actually, while I get that set up, Lucas, how and why do you tell people one more time where they can find you on the internet what you have going on and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'd say the main place where I'm at is wiki weekends on YouTube, and I think as of today we're releasing a podcast or with a Jordan breeding on where we talk about the you know, very relevant film I Know What You Did last summer, and then over on the weekend I'm releasing a video on Smallville, so on Sunday that'll be coming out. And yeah, it was a community voted decision of like which Superman topic should I talk about? I forgot how long American TV shows were, so I committed to season one and within a week spent twenty hours of my life watching Smallville. So to go down to like a one hour video from twenty hours of that watching, hopefully you know, go give that a checkout. Very appreciate it from my time.
Speaker 1: That sounds fantastic. Uh, excuse me, just sneezed. Yeah, the twenty four to twenty six episodes. My brother really likes small Villain. I think you got me the DVD collection for the first season. I ended up watching quite a bit of that show. But it's a commitment for sure, looking forward to that. When are these coming out? Did you say? Went exactly there? They'll be out.
Speaker 2: So the podcast with Jordan I know what you did last some of that should be late today and then over on like kind of Sunday evening UK time, so probably more like daytime for the small Ville video over in America.
Speaker 1: But yeah, fantastic. All right, got our pull question. This one is from Monday, Are you going to try that Skate beta? Seventy five percent said no, twenty five percent said yes. I think that there's you know, one out of four people being like, yeah, I'm gonna check out this thing. That's pretty good for any sort of beta. Now, it's just up to that game to impress people, and I'll be I'll be curious to see what people think. I think there's been a murmur from people who have been in the Skate alphas and tests for a long time now where it's like, hm, you know, we're not so sure about this, and no one's like explicitly saying that, you know, some people are, but like people that have murmured this to me, it's like, I don't know, but games can tend to come together in the last minute, So hopefully that's what's gonna happen here. I'm gonna hopefully find out for myself. We'll see new poll question. Do we get that Metro Prime four release date at the Partner Direct tomorrow? I expect most people to go no because it's a Partner Direct and I'm with you, but I want to see if anyone's holding out hope. So yep, you can vote on that. We'll get the results. We'll talk about it on Game Mess Mornings here on Gihan Bomb tomorrow. That will be after the direct happens. So this is how we'll go. We'll do. We'll do a talkover for the direct, then we'll get set up for Game Mess Mornings, come back and run it all down. We'll get those results. As far as other things happening on Giant Bomb, we'll have Delight Club later today. I'm gonna place some double O seven Everything or Nothing, which is the punishment game that Dan gave me for beating us when we played. But I forget what we even played, but he maybe, oh yeah, Tony Hawk, right, he beat us in Tony Hawk, and so he gave us each a punishment. Mike is playing Outer Wild's right now and having a great time with that. I'm gonna try Everything or Nothing go from there. I think I vaguely remember maybe renting that game once. So we'll see, and then tomorrow we be back with our normal schedules as far as we can. Again, most people are out. It's me and Backlar holding this place down, So give us some slack here, all right? I think that does it? From everything I have to say, did the poll question, we said what's happening on the site. So I think what we do now, Lucas Holand is say thank you for hanging out with us and talking about video games. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I'm so thankful to be here. It's been fantastic. Yeah, and you know, if you have any meat to come buck on, I'm always available. So yeah, they'll be fantastic.
Speaker 1: We would love to have you absolutely, definitely, like always say give me a shout whenever you're available, and usually I'll have slots open during the weeks. We'll get you on. I would love to do that. Thank you all for watching and listening. You are the best audience in gaming. We're gonna get out of here. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.