Speaker 1: Magic.
Speaker 2: This is a special report, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Russell Magic has a really awesome new addition to our team, the one and only Jimmy Street. Now he is not related to Adrian Street who was supposed to be on the show but passed away. Jimmy Street was a producer for Wolfe D's podcast, and it was a really good podcast. It was a great podcast. However, it is.
Speaker 2: Come to an end.
Speaker 1: We've been talking now for a couple of years and thinking about shows that we want to do, and so now I have the blessing and the pleasure and the fact that I have Jimmy Street doing some stuff behind all the doors and behind you know, the puppet show and just making our show that much greater. So, Jimmy Street, I would like you to just introduce yourself.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up, Michael Man that introduction, Brother, you took care of me on that one. So I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: That means a lot, Dude, that you would say all that, because you know, sometimes, you know, when we've been talking preliminarily, I've looked at and I've kind of been like, Okay, nobody notices the small stuff, but some of the stuff you've talked about noticing in the Wolfie Show meant a lot to me, man, So I can't wait to work together. I love what you guys are doing. It truly is Wressell magic over here. I've really enjoyed the previous interviews. I've listened to Gary Wolf Dye, Jack Bull, Nakano, y'all do some awesome stuff over here. So I'm just happy to be a part of the team and hopefully I can help you guys get to where you want to be.
Speaker 1: Man, I think you will, and I think that adding you to the team is going to be like one of the biggest things for us right now now, later on this evening, when we get everything together, we're gonna do a really awesome show. And I think this tonight that you you're gonna produce some wrestle magic. That's that's what's gonna happen. But aside from that, I want to say that like having you on board, I think is it's a blessing. It alleviates a lot of people. It alleviates my nephew, it alleviates Rocky Tea, It alleviates a lot of people that you know, we're all in different time zones. We're all trying to do everything that we can. But so I'm gonna ask you a couple questions and then we're just gonna go into wrestle magic.
Speaker 2: So what was your favorite match?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Favorite match? Oh, I gotta say Rick Fleer Ricky Steamboat Nashville, Tennessee Wrestle War at the Municipal that that's my favorite match.
Speaker 2: No stealing?
Speaker 3: Okaying, Sorry did I steal yours?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you stole a little bit, But actually I mean Steamboat Flare is probably the best series ever. You could do Brett Hart, and you could do Sean Michaels, but it doesn't it just doesn't go the same way. So if people don't know, and we want you to know that, like you were a co host on WOLFI D's show, Yes, yes, and you're going to be just working behind the scenes now every once in a while people are gonna want to hear your voice. So every once in a while we asked that you talk a little bit. But aside from that, I am so happy. I'm over the moon that we have you. I'm over the moon that we have a great team and we've been doing so much with production and especially like the female Japanese wrestlers that we've had, it's been great. And so having you on board and some of the connections you have and everything else, I think that we're going to go in a better direction.
Speaker 3: I hope I can help. That's the important part. I want to help. And I really, like I said, I really like what you guys are doing. I'm happy to be able to spread my wings a little bit and get to have some fun with you guys. That's the important part. Like you told me at the very first, our very first conversation, you said, hey man, let's have fun. And that's what That's what I want to have, is some fun.
Speaker 1: So that's all I want. That's all I want out of you, and that's all I want out of everybody who works with me. And I know it could be tasking and he'd be trying, and you know, I feel bad for my nephew because he's he's breaking his buns off over there making sure that planes don't fly down for the US Air Force. So you know, I want to have somebody who can help me do my own things. And because look, look people, I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm not tech sappy I'm terrible tech. I do not know how to do it. Jimmy can tell you I had problems getting onto zoom.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: Brother, I like the honesty, but well.
Speaker 1: I mean, why why lie to you?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: If we're going to be too we can't lie to each other.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, I just meant the listeners lie to the listeners. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: That's a joke.
Speaker 1: So, folks, what we want to do going forward is definitely like figure out a different format.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Our format's great, and the show that we have lined up for tonight that we're gonna record is going to be amazing because something that you don't understand, and some people will, the older people will, the people my age fifty years old. You know, it's going to be a lot of fun. We're going to do the Crockett Cup. Jimmy, what do you think about the Crockett Cup? Tell me about like your experiences growing up with the Crockett Cup.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the Crockett Cup was everything to me and my brother. I mean, we grew up amid Atlantic kids. We were from a small town in southwestern Virginia near the Bristol area, and we actually you know that was our wrestling. So Crockett Cup was like one of the pre eminent pay per views at the time that we wanted to see because it included everyone. And then the fact that you could see all these other tag teams from different promotions that maybe you wouldn't see normally. I love it. I love that it's still going today. It's a little different now, but you know.
Speaker 2: Obviously different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's there was only one pay per view that was dedicated and it was a two day thing, and it was the Crockett Cup, and it was the only one dedicated to tag team wrestling, and so yeah, and so like folks were not trying to steal the show and take it in a different direction. But I just want you know that, like tag team wrestling was a beauty in the past. They there's a reason that they call it the Road Warrior Pop. There's a reason that the Steiners became the Steiners. There is great tag teams. And so my co host Sean and I this evening are going to make one of the most informative shows about how we would have booked different teams from different eras and we would do our Crocket Cup because I think that the tag team wrestling is lost. It's all is about who's going to be the breakout star. Yeah, well how about who's going to be a great tag team?
Speaker 5: Right? Exactly the best.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Jimmy, I want you to introduce yourself to everybody on the WWE podcast, and I want to tell everybody that he is amazing, He's cool. We've been talking for a while. We've got this going on. This is going to be like really awesome for Wrestle Magic, and I want everybody to understand how great our show is going to be. And going forward with you as a producer, sound effects and everything else that you're going to do. I think that we're just gonna have a good fun time and that's all I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds amazing to me. Brother, honestly, I you know, like I said, I'm Jimmy Street. I was born in southwestern Virginia in nineteen seventy eight, so I lived through all the great times of pro wrestling. Other than I didn't get to see as much of the seventies, you know, I grew up. My brother is two years younger than me, and he and I are both huge wrestling fans. He's a big time action figure collector. I don't really get into the collecting stuff. I more just enjoy watch it and create podcasts and stuff like that. I do live in Charlotte, North Carolina, now home of the Horseman Country. You know, so yes, gotta love that and what's cool man, you'll dig this Michael being a Flair fan my wife when Flair lived here in town, my wife and Rick Flair went to the same hairdresser, so.
Speaker 1: Dear, so he had to have his mullet coofed.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. My wife doesn't have a mullet, but I told her she should just ask for the Flair next time she goes.
Speaker 1: Oh, dear lord. So so basically like the age difference between us. I mean, I'm about what twelve thirteen years older than you, Jimmy, and we've talked a lot off and talking about like what made us wrestling fans. Yeah, and it's it's beautiful and so like, while Jimmy is gonna be behind the scenes, he's gonna be producing all the stuff you hear going forward, and he's part of our team now. And so I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: To have you.
Speaker 3: Glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Well, it's it's it's it's my pleasure because like I wanted you on the show for a long time, and I think that just everything that we do is gonna be great and we're gonna have a lot of fun. We're gonna have a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Dog going all right.
Speaker 1: We are and our first guest is probably gonna be Pat Tanaka, but we were you and I talk about that later.
Speaker 3: We're working on that for sure, but that'll happen soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's gonna be yeah.
Speaker 1: But ladies and gentlemen, Wrestle Magic, my team, my friends, everybody and all of our listeners out there, thank you and everybody welcome Jim Street.
Speaker 3: Thank you, excited to be here. And now for your hosts, Michael Gross and Sean Bush.
Speaker 1: First of all, something I thought it was really brilliant a long time ago was that Jim Crockett Promotions always did uh pay per view that was just dedicated to tag team wrestling. And I think that that is amazing. It's just like dedicating something to anything, and it it made like my life happy because I love tag team wrestling. I love the Road Warriors, and I love Harlem Heat and all kinds of different tag teams. But unfortunately they don't do that anymore. They don't dedicate anything to tag team wrestling. So today we're going to dedicate this episode of Wrestle Magic to tag team wrestling.
Speaker 4: We offered one million dollars to find the toughest, roughest, meanest men in America.
Speaker 2: Then we lock them in hand to hand combat in the.
Speaker 4: Most spectacular display of championship wrestling ever captured on video tape.
Speaker 2: The Jim Crockett.
Speaker 4: Senior Memorial Cup Tag Team Tournament, the ultimate wrestling event of the year, now the wrestling video of the year.
Speaker 2: Over two hours.
Speaker 4: Of hot wrestling action. This one's for all the money and all the glory, and these pros hold nothing back. Million dollar muscle, million dollar drills, million dollar excitement, plus the emotional return of the mwa's greatest Champion, Magnum Kia and three of his historic matches.
Speaker 2: Who gets fired Up? Who Gets blown Away?
Speaker 4: Million dollar action on the wrestling video of the Year, The Jim Crockett Senior Memorial Cup Team Tournament.
Speaker 2: Over two so hot wrestling action. Magic.
Speaker 1: So each of us have picked sixteen teams. We're gonna get down to our final two teams and we're gonna talk about how we got there. So who wants to go with the round one?
Speaker 5: I think I can step up the fuel, go for it.
Speaker 1: Sean.
Speaker 5: By the way, let it be known that when you said wrestle, Mantrick, I did have the jazz hands going.
Speaker 1: I love it, bro, I love it so all right.
Speaker 5: I think when I was sitting down trying to think of anything, you know, I put together like a tier list and everything of like whatever best tag teams this and that. But at the end of the day, I don't think it ended up mattering to how I put everything together. So and I don't even know if he's eating this or anything. I really didn't. It's just going round by round. But do you want me to go through the whole first round myself? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go through your first round and then I'll go for my first round.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right?
Speaker 5: Well, first matchup I got is and I'm sure they wrestled at some point, but the Road Warriors and their inevitable copycats the.
Speaker 6: Taxing of demolition for that matchup anyway, Yes, nice. I just think it's poetic justice.
Speaker 5: It's poetic justice for bill Eedy probably or I don't know, maybe a crusher would have taken it. Uh. The for the Demolition Team to take the Doomsday Box after all, being the being the ultimate sort of rip off. Uh And I say that with love. I was a big Demolition fan back in the day. So Road Warriors going over on them. Next matchup I got down should be a fun one, the Dudley Boys versus Arn and Tully and the only reason exactly so that should be a good match just all around Arn with some crisp spinebusters that the Dudleys would take very well. But I wanted to finish on this to include Arn ultimately taking the less that because I think Aren't can probably sell the wise that better than almost any wrestler on the planet. I can see it now in my mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I could see that. I could see that.
Speaker 5: But I do have the Dudly Boys going over on them and continuing their sort of thing about beating up old people, I guess relatively speaking.
Speaker 7: Okay, So keep going, Next team down, I've actually got this was I kind of just wanted to see based on theme alone, the Rock and Roll Express versus the New Age Outlaws.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, how do you how do you do that? I don't know, really you put a lot of thought into this. I love this that. This is why you and I are like converbly spar all day.
Speaker 5: I'm booking here, man, you know, I'm found. I worked backwards from my main event in my final and worked all the way backwards to the start here. So I'm booking. Man. We're putting things in order, we're putting the stories down. But I mean that should just be fun to see. You know, I was never the biggest New Age Outlaws fan, to be perfectly honest with you, but you can't deny how over they were for a good period of time. Uh, in that era, in that attitude era, and uh, I mean that would just be a fun fight, I think, to see them and finally get to put the rock and Roll over. So Rock and Roll go over the New Age Outlaws, probably after a couple of attempts at the famouser. Okay, right next up another kind of old school versus newer newer school, the Free Birds versus Harlem Heat and pick your poison on who you want to go in the Free Birds, I guess I always like preferred Gordie and Garvin frankly, no offense to no offense to Michael Hayes, but who makes a better wrestling mind than he does.
Speaker 2: I guess you had that one.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I mean, I'm not going to knock you on that one too.
Speaker 5: See. And the thing is, I actually switched this back and forth a few times. I ultimately went with Harlem Heat going over the free Birds on this one. They can play the role pretty well there, I think, and Harlem, well, we'll see what happens in the next round. But after that, once again, I think of the theme for me again was just I wanted to see some of these just dream matches. So I've got a lot of that sprinkled in throughout, and this is definitely one of them. Heart Foundation versus I think probably the best tag team in the last several years FTR. Yeah, and knowing their love for Brett Hart, I think that would be a they would bump all over the ring for nine Heart and Brett Hart, with the Heart Foundation ultimately going over there too. So Heart's over FTR. Next one down, the British Bulldogs versus the Hardy Boys. Again, that's the dream matchup stuff, you know, and you know, unfortunately one of the dream teams has to lose and that's going to be the Hardy Boys in this case, although they'll definitely get some good offense. And I think we were chatting before the show about Jeff Harty a little bit, but if anybody's gonna get trumpled throwing around, getting thrown around by Bulldog, it's gonna be Jeff Hardy Bulldogs over the Hardy's going down again. Two matches left, so this one's gonna be. I'm gonna like this one, the Midnight Express versus and I almost didn't include this team, but ultimately I think just had to do it. Had to get one TNA team in there. The MotorCity machine Guns put.
Speaker 8: Them up there, and was really tempted to actually pull a big upset, but I went with the Midnight Over the machine Guns, and a lot of that's gonna have to do with Jim Cornett having his way with the racket.
Speaker 5: And probably Alex Shelley's face. I got one more than last is another one of those. Could have been cool to see them fight at some point, but these Steiners, the classic Steiners Michigan, you know, long hair Scottie and the Michigan Fights song against Edgend Christian with Egend Christian getting the better of the Steiners.
Speaker 2: Really yeah and respect.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is your Crockett Cup, this is your crocket Cup, and so I went on. Okay, so my first round is the best tag team in the world, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas versus America's Most Wanted in a twenty minute match. I'm taking out America's most Wanted. Shelton Benjamin and Charlie hast.
Speaker 2: Are going to go over. They have to go over. Okay.
Speaker 1: My next match is going to be the Midnight Express and the not the Rockers, the bin Night Rockers. Now, people don't understand that when they were in the AWA, the Midnight Rockers were an amazing tag team. They were faces that US healed tag teams. When the reps back was turned, they would create a clap and fake a tag and stuff like that. That's when they were actually good. So I'm taking the Express and what's gonna happen is Jim Cornett is going to take a racket right up Sean Michael's face about fifteen times, and then Big Bubba is gonna like power bomb or side slavy, probably side slam Marty Genetti like three times and that's gonna make it all that's worthwhile. And I'm gonna take that in like a ten to fifteen minute match, you know, because it could be a fun match. It really could be, but you know, it is what it is. Next, we have the American Wolves against my uncle Jean my dad. I'm gonna give this one to the American Wolves because my dad and my uncle Jean are about eighty and that was just something I wanted to do for them because I love them and I miss him and I really miss him a lot. And less than a month they're gonna have another birthday. So I love you, guys, I love you. But yeah, next to them, I have this is an interesting one. It's a face versus face tag team rock and Roll Express versus America's Most Wanted. Now, I'm gonna give this one actually to the Rock and Roll Express. I I really didn't think I would do it, but I thought back and forth, the back and forth between these two would be amazing. It'd be a lot of fun. And I just really think that, you know, like I mean, there there's no better comeback than Ricky Morton's comeback. We all know that Ricky Morton has the best comeback in history.
Speaker 5: Unlike Krik Harris. Unfortunately, what'd you say, Chris Harris? He never had a comeback. You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's kind of sad for Chris Harris because he he was talented, just when he showed up exactly, Yeah, he he showed up the wrong place, the wrong time, in the wrong situation, the wrong everything, and and it's nothing again, Chris Harris, if you're listening, this is nothing against you, just it wasn't the right place for you at the right time.
Speaker 5: You know that. That's a really cool I'm surprised that you got a couple of TNA teams in there, and I'm glad I went on and included the machine guns. But yeah, those guys were pretty underrated. And actually I'm glad you actually said them that because I didn't even consider them in my mind. But now that you say, I'm like, man, that's a good pick.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I just want to like throw in like some stuff that people maybe never have heard of before or me. You know, if our listeners are going to listen to stuff and look up stuff, I think that that's that's kind of a gem, Like what are they talking about? Who are these people? That's that's what it's all about. That's what wrestle Magic's about. It's about to find the beauty in wrestling that you did not understand or know or even knew that existed. And that's what we want to do right now.
Speaker 5: Here's my next question, is Gail Kim with them or not?
Speaker 1: I mean, how could she not be?
Speaker 5: Well, go for it, m I didn't. We didn't manage mention many managers, at least I did on my part. So maybe next time there I'll get a little bit more in detail on that. Except for Corny. Of course, you gotta get the Corny Rapids spot in.
Speaker 1: I mean, we always have to have Corny in there, all right. So next up, I got the Bulldogs, okay, and you can't. You can't have the best scientific wrestling match ever without the British Bulldogs. And so the Bulldogs are They're going in there and they're going against one of the best tag teams ever at the MotorCity Machine Guns.
Speaker 5: We both had them. Yeah, all right, man, I five through the through the through the zoom on that.
Speaker 1: On this one, I unfortunately I gotta take the Bulldogs. I think I think this would be and it's a face versus Face tag team match. But I'll get the Bulldogs disqualified something with you know, Captain Lou And I.
Speaker 5: Mean that just that's too pretty good picks. I mean I had them play facing the Hardy's and you got them facing the machine guns. I mean the dream matchups, like the work rate in those matches would be off, you know through the roof.
Speaker 1: Well that you might understand. My next match. It's the Briscoes versus Edgen Hardy. You're not Edgen Hardy, Igine Christian. Yeah, Uh, that's what I meant to say, because you just said Hardy.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Uh this one.
Speaker 1: I went so back and forth on this one because I know this is a dream match. This is a match and you could have done any style. You could have done a tipule wrestling match, you could have done a chairs match, you could do anything with these guys, and it would have been money. It would have been magic.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I mean they're one of the best. I mean, and it's kind of easy to look back now and sort of I think take that for granted a little bit, but they were.
Speaker 1: This is I flipped the coin match. Okay, so I'm flipping the coin right now. Edginend Christian and I hate to say that to the Briskos because I love the Briskos. Oh, it's that. It was a hard one putting these two together. But but what I did is I I like, I put all my names in a in my hat, my my, my grizzlies hat, and I picked the names out and I was like, Okay, this is the way this is going to go. So you know, it's, Oh, that was tough one. Okay, you did.
Speaker 5: You did do a little bit different then. So you're picking some names, flipping the coin like that. It's different.
Speaker 1: Well, I I want to have fun with it.
Speaker 5: So now you get.
Speaker 1: We have Arn and Tully versus Gable and Short.
Speaker 5: That's an interesting pick.
Speaker 1: I've got to go with Arn and Tully. And I'll tell you what. I'm gonna go with Arn and Tully with JJ in their back cheating for him, just doing horse and style stuff. Maybe Arn, you know, back in the old days, pulling something out of his pockets and things like that. Uh, maybe Rick Flair comes out. You know this, this could be a lot of fun if it was horsemen versus W W E style. So if you have JJ's the manager and you have Rick Flair, there, Barry Wyndham, any other horsemen. I mean, they're gonna go over. That just makes the most sense. So my last match, it's the Malkies versus the Gladiators.
Speaker 9: Okay, amazing, and the Gladiators get their wind back from the Maulkies, and we know that the Gladiators are not really going through the second round.
Speaker 5: That that is what I call long term booking.
Speaker 2: I had to.
Speaker 1: I had to do it. I had to have some fun with it. Come on, So that's that's believe dude. I love multi media though, But when they're getting slammed and Corn is screaming, it's Mulky mania. Look at them with their bleached blonde hair. We all know he was making fun of hul Covid.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: It was the best, all right. So my next round, I'll start you with. My next round is World's Best versus the Midnight Express, American Wolves versus the Rock and Roll Motor City and they're going against uh Gable and then we have Arn and Tully us Gladiators, which I think that's pretty easy.
Speaker 5: Oh you never know, all right, So we could you could get to take a nutshot like like I did in my first round and the whole story changes, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I didn't know if you want to go first or not.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's fine. All right, let's see. So the first matchup in this round would be the Road Warriors versus the Deadly Boys, which come on. That would be a barn burner, just walking brawl, and the best possible walking brawl.
Speaker 1: Probably it's the match that never happened. It's the match that's never happened.
Speaker 5: And I do have the Road Warriors going over there. Again, some of that has to do not so much with the Dudley Boys themselves, but like booking for the rest of the tournament. But yeh, Road Warriors over the Deadly Boys. Uh, probably gonna have to be devon taking the doomsday device.
Speaker 6: Bob's a big dude, so we'll see.
Speaker 5: The next matchup there is the Rock and Roll Express versus Harlem Heat. Talk about if you wanted to go face facing, you could go. They were heels for a little while, and they weren't bad heels honestly, especially with Sherry. I mean, Sherry makes such a great deal, you know, manager whatever, it's totally underrated. In fact, you know what, I'll go with the Harlem Heat as the heels in that match, we don't need to do we can swap rights. It's a dream tournament. They were faces against the Free Birds, now their heels against the Rock and Roll. You do go over because.
Speaker 1: It does make sense. I mean racial tension, all the bs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and of course Sherry's got to be there. But Cherry's got to be embarrassed after the match, so she takes that heat at the end. She's not going to pity City like she did with the Nasty Boys. Unfortunately. I think the Rock and Roll are a little bit too nice for that. But they can figure out some baby face way to embarrass sharing. I would think, right, I'll let Ricky and Robert figure that one out.
Speaker 1: I love that, go ahead all right.
Speaker 5: Next one is a classic matchup for once once that happened probably hundreds of times, but another one won't hurt because it's always good. The Hearts versus the Bulldogs, classic matchup and every sense of the word. And once again it's nothing against the Bulldogs, but I get the Hearts moving on there too. We're booking, We're booking, baby, let's keep it going. Last one in this round is going to be the Midnights versus Edge and Christian. Oh with Midnight again going over really yeah, I love me Sinergian Christian, but I think, you know, with Jim Jim Cornet in the in the corner, you can't count them ounta And that's setting up the Midnights versus the Hearts, which I don't think that ever happened.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that that's never happened. That would have been beautiful. Oh dear Lord, that would have been awesome. Well my round two, what have you got going on in the next round? I've got Haws and Benjamin in a thirty minute almost to the wire, and they go over the Midnights, and the Midnights lose by disqualification because uses the racket finished. I know, well, I didn't know how to do that one, because honestly, I wanted the Midnights to win this, but I don't want to kiss like Jim's ass that much. So we have the American Wolves, who is one of the best tag teams ever. People do not realize that they were that damn good. And they're against the Rock and Roll Express, so it's going to be nineteen eighty four rock and Roll Express. Okay, So I want them at their top them versus the Wolves. I gotta give it to the Wolves.
Speaker 2: I have to.
Speaker 1: Then we have MotorCity machine Guns and you know they're basically just going they're getting a buy into the next round. And then we have the Gladiators versus aren't in Tully and aren't till you're just gonna take that one. So that's where I am right now with my little tournament.
Speaker 5: So who we got lefts remaining on your end?
Speaker 1: On my end, we have World's grizz Tag team and we have the American Wolves, MotorCity machine Guns, aren't in.
Speaker 5: Tully TNA teams. Man, you surprised me in a good way.
Speaker 1: Well, we have to appreciate everybody and every team out there. Amen, Myron and Tully are n w A, are Intolly, They're not wwe RN and Tollly.
Speaker 5: So you're treating them with a lot more respect than my booking did. Just wanting to see them face deadly's so aren can take the ways that spot. That's the only reason I wanted to put.
Speaker 1: I love your sense of humor. So who do you got in your next round?
Speaker 5: All right? So I guess what's just call it? Technically the Sax semis. No, this is the semis? What am I thinking?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: First one, this is going to be the ultimate Ricky Morton gets his butt kicked for you know, twenty minutes the Road Warriors versus the Rock and Roll Express, and that's exactly what happens. Ricky Morton takes the classic ass book, Cornett says, for however long it needs to be until everybody thinks that he's probably going to die in the middle of the ring, might even take a doomsday device and get saved at the last second by Robert running in for the.
Speaker 2: One way, there's no way, There's no way.
Speaker 5: Yes, And what's going to happen is the finish uh the and the ultimate throwback to the Russians match. They're going to get the double roll up on the Road Warriors, the double Sunset Sunset flip roll up or whatever you want to call it. You know, right from the from the shoulders one, two three, in the middle of the ring, the ultimate comeback story, the dream Ride continues. The Rock and Roll go over the Road Warriors, who were basically, whenever you pull again, best tag teams of all time, and the Google will come up on top in ninety percent of the articles that I've found anyway, And the second matchup, again, don't know if this ever happened. I try to do a little bit of research, but I don't think it did. The Heart Foundation versus the Midnight Express, and finally Bournette finally gets his comeuppance and the Hearts take out the Midnights. The Midnight's playing the ultimate heel role there, probably with Bobby Eaton missing the leg drop leading to a finish. So setting up what is I know a dream matchup is they did never have a match the Rock and Roll Express versus the Heart Foundation in the finals.
Speaker 1: What you got, Well, my semis are going to be the best of the world, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Hass and they're going to go against the American Wolves. And that's another one I would put on for at least twenty minutes. In the end, I'm gonna give it to the best in the world. I don't want to really actually do that, but I am because the fact that I I believe that at one point they were the best tag team in the world. They really were, And I believe at one point the American Werewolves were the best tag team in the world. Also, it was just ten years twelve years apart, so I'm just gonna give it to them because there was more eyeballs on it. But then I got to look at Arno and Tully versus the MotorCity machine Guns.
Speaker 5: That'd be a fun one. That's a good match.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do with this one. I really do not know what to do with this one.
Speaker 2: But Crocket Cup, my Crockett.
Speaker 1: Cup, is the fact that Arnot Tully were one of the best tag teams of all time, but they were also great singles wrestlers. That's why I'm going with the Guns.
Speaker 5: Ooh, I like it. I like it. It's contra it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you got to look at Arnot and Tully both held like US and TV titles, and they can also tell stories individually in the ring. The Guns have never done that as far as I know. Now I'm a wrestling historian and you're a wrestling historian. We've never seen them tell story like this or a tell story on their own. So I believe that I gotta I gotta put the Guns over. I gotta put the Guns over, and that that takes me to the Guns versus the best tag team in the world of Hawsin, Benjamin, So what do you got in.
Speaker 5: That matchup or mine? Yes, I just want to.
Speaker 1: Watch that one now, I know, but yours sir?
Speaker 5: All right, Well, the final again Rock and Roll versus the Heart Foundations once again. It all comes down to the finish, and that's gonna obviously after Ricky Martin gets his butt kicked for fifteen twenty minutes or so. You know how it goes. But it's so good every time. What can you say?
Speaker 1: So I was hoping, I was hoping to flip it, but.
Speaker 5: Now this time is the Rock and Roll. They're going to make the comeback and we're going to get you know everything. The double drop kicks, the double roll up with the kickout and we're gonna get probably Knight Heart taking care of Robert Gibson taking him away from it, and come out of that kickout of the double roll up with Brett Hart putting the sharpshooter on Ricky Morton, and Ricky Morton will not give up. I know a lot of people hate this spot, but I'm going to go on and do it. He will not give up until he passes out the match is over. He did not tap but Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson lose to the Heart Foundation. Who are the winners of my dream wrestle Magic Procket Cups?
Speaker 1: And you don't mine is the best in the world. It's Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Oss because on their prime there was nobody who was ever better than them. And for them to face the Motor City Machine Guns, it's a dream match we all want. It's a dreamt and it might have happened to ring On or I don't.
Speaker 2: Think it did.
Speaker 1: But to see something like that, yeah, yeah, to see some of these matches, I I I love like the way we picked this and today today's episode is about what could right? It was all about what could I mean the Bulldogs both Bulldogs are gone now, but to see the Bulldogs against the Midnight Express is like a dream match. That's That's a few you could watch for a year, you know. It's it's not a little man big man story. It's a story. It's it's just for workers who can go and I I I miss kind of like that aspect, and I missed the aspect of uh just seeing beautiful tag team wrestling and we we do have tag teams out there, we do. I mean, like the guns are out there, d I Y. I mean Tamasa Chomp is probably in the best shape of his life.
Speaker 5: Thank goodness being a heel team because that's what they're the best at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we have great teams out there, are.
Speaker 5: Even even right now, you know, they're not even considered a great team. I wouldn't put him up there, but at least you've got something in AW with Shelton and Bobby Lashley. Again, MVP is the guy that's going to be able to talk with him talk for them. And now I'm JF, which is kind of weird, but I'm letting it go to see where they sort of go with this. I'm assuming it's gonna end up eventually. The match between m JF and Bobby Lashley, well, we can definitely.
Speaker 1: Have at a lot of fun like speculating where that's going to go. And I mean, honestly, like let's think about it, like where where is it really going to go? Because Bobby Lashley, I mean, the guy fought m m A, He beat up quite a few names, and he's a tag team star in AW.
Speaker 2: It does not make sense.
Speaker 5: Bobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bobby Lashley should be and nothing against Shelton, but Shelton Bedgman is a great tag team wrestler. That's what he's going to be known for, and that's why he is my Crockett Cup winner. I'm not trying to like pooh on it. I'm just saying like different people are known for different things, Like Bobby Eaton will always be known for being a tag team wrestler. But Bobby Eaton is Bobby Eaton, and he made people better and he made everybody in the ring with him look like a million dollars. So you know, I think Shelton bedgment is the same way. He's just he's Shelton Bedjaman was never a true individual star where Bobby Lashley is. And this is nothing taking away from them because I really don't want to get beat up by Bobby Lashley someday. But it comes down to brass tacks and baseball bats man, Like there's certain ways we want to see certain people, and I, you know, like I want to see certain people the same way that you know.
Speaker 5: I don't know how are we book the Hearts versus Benjamin and Haas? Who's winning that match?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 5: Our our ultimate ultimate Crockett Crockett Cup.
Speaker 1: The Heart Foundation versus Hearts a Haas and Benjamin.
Speaker 5: M h Where do we go from there? Well, by the way, and it just occurred to me while while you were talking there just now, I don't think that Brett Hart even had used the sharpshooter until he was a singles wrestler anyway, so.
Speaker 2: He did not.
Speaker 5: We can consider we can consider this final match in my Crockett Cup where he does put the sharpshooter on Ricky Morton and Ricky Morton passes out instead of tapping out to be theoretically at least the first time that Brett Hart won a match using the sharpshooter. So take that.
Speaker 1: So I see a scientific match, twenty five minute draw, twenty five minute draw, you want.
Speaker 5: To get, you want to end on the draw, then you got to have the comeback match at the next pay per.
Speaker 1: View, exactly exactly. That's how we put eyeballs on it. That's why we're fantasy booking it's.
Speaker 5: Eventually going to end up in the triple tiered cage from what was the movie?
Speaker 1: No, No, we're not, We're not doing triple tier cages. Okay, but I love is Sean, but we're not doing.
Speaker 5: That, all right.
Speaker 1: I love your sense of humor, but yeah, but I think that like the the ending is going to be uh I, how do you how do you? How do you take that in one match?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: It has to be a three match final.
Speaker 5: So I wouldn't mind seeing that. That's a pretty good little dream matchup. Yeah, I mean, because just refresh my memory. What year is exactly where the world's greatest tag team really and at their peak there.
Speaker 1: I think it was like uh two to I want to say, like, yeah, yeah, somewhere in there that they went to Ring of Honor into some more there.
Speaker 10: But I mean you're talking about a difference of you know, I mean I think they probably split up or Brett started doing more of the.
Speaker 5: Singles wrestling around nineteen ninety ninety one something like that. So I mean you're talking about a difference of about eleven twelve years.
Speaker 1: Just in their primes. I'd love to assume go at it and have fun, and that would be our greatest Crocket Cup because your opinion, it's my opinion. It's it's just different stuff. And so who goes over the Heart Foundation?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll take that. Then nothing against the Worldstaans Tag Team, of course.
Speaker 1: I mean there was stuff that they did that people did not understand. But in the end of it, I mean you always think about a true tag team. Yeah, you can split it up whatever, We'll go with the Heart Foundation.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, and that's what I'm interested to see if maybe you had some other teams that maybe didn't make the cut, because that was kind of the way I was thinking with some of them too, Like I had the.
Speaker 2: Motor City definitely I had.
Speaker 5: I had like the Nasty Boys on one of my drafts for this fabulous I love me some nasty boys. I don't care. I don't care if he's wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be Well no, no, they they they had more heat than anybody else, so I'll give them their props. They they had so much heat it was unreal. Uh for me. Fabulous ones, it's fantastics.
Speaker 5: Uh, fantastic. I ended up keeping them off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that.
Speaker 1: That's one of those tactics. It was one of those where I had to put it like which which direction am I going to go? And I went, like my my midnights were We're definitely gonna be Bobby eating and they're definitely gonna be you know, Stan Lane, and uh, of course I had to have Big Bubba there, and I had to have Jim Cornett there because is why not? And obviously you have to have them. But there's so many like role players in different tag teams that people don't remember from the eighties or the nineties. People don't remember that, you know, Paul el Ring was part of the Road Warriors, or you know, Teddy Long was part of the Skyscrapers. Teddy Long was part of Doom. People do not Doom. Hello, does anybody remember Doom? That that was one of the best brawling tag teams you've ever seen in your life? And that was Ron Simmons for Rooke and the Natural Butcher Read and those guys could go in real life. So they went in the ring.
Speaker 2: And it was amazing.
Speaker 1: I loved it. They were they were fighters, they were hard.
Speaker 5: I think Ron Simmons is still to this day when I watched, especially as older matches, one of those guys that you just I think your body starts hurting just watching the other guy trying to wrestle on I mean, good lord, he looks like.
Speaker 1: Dude, you know, I'm fifty years old and I I I can't imagine him in the ring then, and I mean.
Speaker 5: The Dominator now, I think that was one of the ones that would be like the least willing to take. Even back when you know, when I was a kid, it's like, yeah, no, thanks, no Dominator for me please.
Speaker 1: People said it like wrestlers have said it basically like half Away destroyed their career, and wow, you know, I think about things like that, like there's so many awesome wrestlers that were just so tough. I mean the Steiners, they were beasts.
Speaker 5: The Steiner's credit for doing their version of the Doomstate advice without killing the guy that they were either.
Speaker 1: Uh my nephew and I talked about, uh was it Mark Henry? So Mark had he he was on a podcast and he talked about how like his rookie year, he was like just looking at Ron Simmons lacing up his boots, and Ron looked at him and said, you and me, boy, you want to go and Mark Henry, She's just no, I do not want to know.
Speaker 5: The strongest man in the world.
Speaker 2: Did the strike.
Speaker 1: If you don't want to mess with Ron Simmons, you don't want to mess with anybody.
Speaker 5: And I mean that Mark Henry is the kind of guy that's going to just be like, no, thank you. I'm the strongest man in the world, but I don't want nothing to do with you. Mister Simmons.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I couldn't imagine. Well, I mean, I'm so skinny, I couldn't imagine fighting anybody. But I mean, I'll be honest with you at all, I'm a skinny little guy. I'm not I'm not I'm not getting in fights. But I think about like some of these people, some of these these actual fighters, and some of the ones that weren't showcased, and you know, like a person that I think he had I want to do a show with you about is Steve Doctor Death Williams, because I think that he deserves more. I think that people laugh because he was supposed to be a tough guy. He was a tough guy. People do not know what he was about. And it's it's sad that he was one of this. It was him, Haku Rode, Warrior Hawk, and like three other people that were like the strongest and toughest guy. I mean aure To the Giant, but Andre the Giant and John Tenta. People don't believe that earthquake was a bass and he was Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: The thing with Tenta, I just think he gets taken a little bit less seriously. I mean Aper's character a little bit because he was that eighties cartoonist sort of monster. He always personally, I've told you before, I'm a big fan of the big sweaty just angry, yelling eighties like promo. And and the fact is he was like twenty eight years old. He looked like he was about fifty, and it just yeah, you know, it's hard to I guess, build something around that except for the fact that, a he was extremely talented and.
Speaker 2: I look, look, I'm thirty.
Speaker 5: Eight, so yes, indeed I looked like about forty eight.
Speaker 2: But stop, you know, he wasn't doing.
Speaker 5: He wasn't doing moon salts like Bader was, which is you know, its own level of whatever. But you know, you go back and watch those whole tent of matches, and that's one team I really wanted to fit on air, and they were on like my first draft too. I wanted to put the natural Disasters on there so bad, but just kind of squeezed it out without them at the end, I'm always been a big tent To fan, been a big Natural Disasters fan. Definitely one of my favorite tag teams. I mean from Latier. Like I said, the Hearts Demolition, I mean.
Speaker 1: Was so under underappreciated, it's unreal. And he was Dusty Rhodes like cousin or something like that.
Speaker 2: But I mean uncle Fred, Uncle Fred, that's magic.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna sign out. So what is your movie and or song?
Speaker 5: Movie and or song? Oh I hadn't thought about this. What that I'm like watching now or like a favorite of all time?
Speaker 1: Uh, it's we always sign off with do you want to watch a movie? Watch this movie, or watch or listen to this song?
Speaker 5: Oh well, check out that it's on? Oh good lord, is it on HBO? Jack Quaide movie came out a month or two ago. Companion That's really me and Arista really liked that one. It's a fun little well it is fun, but it's a bit gory sci fi and a little bit of futuristic. It's pretty good. Hard recommend for me.
Speaker 1: You you don't have to write or you don't have to apologize for anything. This is yours, you know it's it's it's yours. So that that's awesome. Uh, I'm gonna go with probably Bull Durham and that's yeah baseball movie. I'm not really into baseball, but I love watching that movie. It's just a fun little thing. It's Susan Sarandon. Uh, Tim Robbins, It's it's fun. So you know, I I I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry to cut you off there. I had seen an interview. It was Tim Robbins is on a Mets game broadcast a couple of weeks ago that I was watching. They brought he's a big Mets fan. They brought him up to the and we're talking to them. They talked a lot about Bull Durham. I didn't know he was a pitcher or to some degree of baseball player for a little bit, not not even to the level of like Randy Savage, who you know, played minor league ball for the Reds club. I thought that was, Oh, well, Hogan did everything much Man.
Speaker 2: A little bit better too, brother, exactly, brother.
Speaker 1: And if you guys don't know what we're talking about, we're joking about the fact that Hulkogan joked that he was actually drafted by the Cincinnati Reds when actually the Macha Man was, well, and what's the.
Speaker 5: More recent Hogan thing was? And you bring him up the World's Greatest Tag Team. He's now twice I think called Shelton Benjamin Benjamin Shelton.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to bring that up because there's been a lot of racial tension on Twitter and stuff like that, uh, racial tension and homophobic tension. So I didn't want that to be part of our show.
Speaker 5: Ah, you know a lot of that just being Hogan and being completely out of.
Speaker 2: His mind these ps. Yeah, he's ps.
Speaker 1: But anyway, ladies and gentlemen, you can reach me at one four or four Captain on and you can reach that nowhere Sean, you can reach him if you reached me, because he's a good we're good friends and honestly we've made some wrestle magic. Ladies and gentlemen, This is an episode.
Speaker 3: This has been a James rock Street production.
Speaker 11: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time
Speaker 5: HM.