Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: I have been on and it's going to turn out that he died of food poising.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't say.
Speaker 4: That it's not true.
Speaker 5: Are they advertisers?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, you can't. Isn't there some legal issue there?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Kf I am six forty handle here, Kno, did that go over the air?
Speaker 5: What part any part that?
Speaker 3: No, your mic was not on, Sir.
Speaker 5: Mike on this side wasn't on.
Speaker 2: We were Neil and I and and we're talking about basically management philosophy here, you know, and no, I.
Speaker 3: Was talking about you your philosophy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and in general, how you know how stations are run, you know, relative to how much they cost, how much they bring in? It's you know, let me tell you and folks, this is not a secret. This is a business. And you've heard that phrase show business. Is the reason that the word business is in the phrase show business.
Speaker 5: And so we were discussing.
Speaker 2: Income and revenue and which is the same and the cost of and I come in from a business person's perspective, So I look at it as as a business person.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well you're expensive.
Speaker 5: Well that's that's irrelevant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can do the show without you.
Speaker 2: Hard to do the bill Handle show? No bill Handle. But by the way, that is, do they make more money with a Neil Savadra show than they do with a bill Handle show?
Speaker 5: And if they, if they're doing them, go to and.
Speaker 2: Let us know, Oh yes, yes, Or let's do a dollar a hauler back in those days.
Speaker 5: God, I'd love to do that, wouldn't you do it?
Speaker 2: No one cares to take take whatever inventory has left during the times when there are when not other commercials were sold, which happens to every news outlet, every entertainment outlet, and use those commercials that commercial time for all right, what are you selling, folks? And we'll do a barter. And I used to do that. I got some chicken wire I have.
Speaker 3: I remember radio radio quite well.
Speaker 5: I have an earthworm farm.
Speaker 2: These are real calls that came in And then I would go, does anybody need earthworms? What would you need earthworms for? For gardens? If you are a fanatic gardener, you.
Speaker 3: Cat to use them as bait. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Depend depending on your ethnicity. Can you use them as food? Earthworms? Matter of fact, you can.
Speaker 3: Who eats earthworms?
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of cultures eat crickets and grasshoppers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, grasshoppers fry them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go to wahawk in restaurants, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Mexican restaurants do that. Also in Asia they do that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we are way behind in the West when it comes to uh uh protein coming from I don't know if I use way behind, but you're right, we are. There was it, you can go, you can trace it back and you can see where it was. It was the norm, and then we split off from it.
Speaker 2: And is it because they're so tasty and wonderful or is it because other forms of protein simply are too expensive and.
Speaker 3: They they're easy to raise. You can raise them and they're super super sustained bowl and the protein is damn near exact, pretty close to meat protein.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it is it and uses less water, less resources.
Speaker 5: Of cultural I understand that that it will happen.
Speaker 2: What we do is producing the sheep and cows is insanely expensive in terms of water, in terms of land for uh for fodder.
Speaker 3: And as far as bacteria and viruses, and things like that much more prevalent.
Speaker 5: So anyway, are we going to get there? We might?
Speaker 3: Well, you know how long it took for us to adapt to sushi, almost thirty years in the United States, almost thirty years for us to adapt get over the ick factor of sushi.
Speaker 2: Well, I originally and I love so do I and I've just recently stopped asking for it. Well done, Amy Stock.
Speaker 3: Laugh at that.
Speaker 4: That's Christmas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's given gifts.
Speaker 3: The gift of laughter is a gift.
Speaker 5: Of Bill, You're funny. That's a mercy stop no mercy.
Speaker 3: Laugh.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. All right, we acknowledged mercy. Neil and I have already started. And good morning, Good morning Amy, Hi Bill?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh to a rabbi, a jew, and a kangaroo walk into a bar, all right, cono, good morning, good morning, all right, the whole crowd.
Speaker 5: By the way, I wasn't a joke. I just threw that in there. Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, horse walks in man, you have a long face. Okay, there's lots of those.
Speaker 3: My favorite bar joke is a grasshopper walks into a bar and the bartender goes, hey, we have a drink named after you, and the grasshopper says, you have a drink named Harold no one.
Speaker 5: I oh you laugh at him?
Speaker 2: Amy, Sure love bar jokes and the animals and people that walk into a bar.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: The parrot walks into a bar on someone's shoulders, and parrot goes, that's by pat.
Speaker 5: All right. Well, this one guy walks into a bar and he says out.
Speaker 3: See nicely done. Yeah, magician walks down the street and turns into a bar.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, and it's not even well it is Friday. No, you're right, it is Friday. So we're gonna have a good time. But we still have news to talk about, so let's do it. Handle on the news with Amy Neil and Me.
Speaker 5: Lead story shut down.
Speaker 2: Well, government shut down takes place midnight to night, and government shut down doesn't mean the government shuts down completely because you have air traffic controllers that are still working. You've got so would be bad if they didn't. Yeah, I know, it would be really bad. But they don't get paid. They get warrants, they get iou they eventually get paid.
Speaker 5: They do. We eventually get paid.
Speaker 2: But it's really hard to go to the grocery store and hand a governmental iou for that box of cornflakes.
Speaker 5: That's the problem.
Speaker 3: You don't have to pay for things anymore. I watch videos all the time shoplift you leave.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens coming up seven o'clock and explain what happened. And it is just another episode in the power that Donald Trump has. He can tell he's not a sitting president. He can tell Congress this is the way you are going to vote, and they just all stand up.
Speaker 5: This time around, not so much.
Speaker 2: And Elon Musk, the kind of power Musk has, I mean, come on, very strange. And Mike Johnson, who I don't know if he's going to survive the vote in January to remain speaker. It's really interesting stuff, to say the least. And I'll talk more about that at seven o'clock. Is there a lot of moving parts of this one.
Speaker 4: Luigi's back in the Big City.
Speaker 6: Luigi Mangioni, who is of course accused of murdering United Healthcare's CEO in front of the Hilton Hotel in New York City, waived extradition in Pennsylvania. That's where he was arrested and was immediately flown back to New York City. He was flown by plane and then by helicopter and taken to court. He's now facing four new federal charges, including murder, which could make him eligible for the death penalty. He's also facing several state charges.
Speaker 2: You know, he flew around that helicopter, did a tourist helicopter, flew around the city and one last look, Yeah, you know, around the Empire State Building the way you can do that.
Speaker 5: Seven point.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do a story because this one is really interesting what happened because it's both FEDS in the state getting involved, and the state and Alan Bragg the DA were just stunned as to what happened last second.
Speaker 3: Workers union representing more than ten thousand Starbucks baristas. Interesting fact about the term baristas, there's no male version. Male people are baristas as well. And are they baristas?
Speaker 2: Are they striking because Starbucks coffee is so bad.
Speaker 3: That they they they're tired of burning it? Yeah, So the baristas said that the union members will go and strike in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Seattle this morning.
Speaker 2: How is it possible that you have a Starbucks on one corner of the street and then kitty corner there's another Starbucks and they do just fine, both of them.
Speaker 3: You've been to Bethlehem, right, yeah, okay, so you know how there's you're walking up this hill towards the church that has apparently the birthplace right.
Speaker 2: Now, the hundred and first Cavalry. No, that's where they are, No, not Calgary.
Speaker 3: So you're walking up this Across from the church is a place called coffee shop called Star and Bucks, no joke, Star and Bucks coffee in Bethlehem, all right, so they're going on strike.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: Is Biden, the new deporter in chief US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, kicked two hundred and seventy four hundred and eighty four illegal immigrants out of the country in the last fiscal year. That's the most deportation since twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kicked out more people than did Obama, who kicked out more people than than did Donald Trump. But here's the question. How many were there to kick out for starters, and how many were coming in And so when you have a huge influx coming in, there's just more numbers to kick out.
Speaker 5: So it's you can do anything with statistics anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they kicked out more. That's not statistic, that's just numbers. No, I understand more bodies went out. No, I understand that, but a little bit more nuanced.
Speaker 2: If there are that many more bodies to kick out, then it is easy to kick out more people.
Speaker 5: I mean, that is.
Speaker 3: Kind of when you're talking about twenty million people. Attention, here's the other you know what it has been. Here's the other question that I have it.
Speaker 2: The number eleven million has been the number of illegal aliens who are in this country for ten years.
Speaker 3: Because it's inaccurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how is it possible that two million are coming in every year and it's still eleven million illegals here? Oh no, I'm sorry. People are not illegal. Guns are illegal or laws are illegal or whatever.
Speaker 3: No, people are not illegal. If coming here is legal, they have illegal status. Yeah no, they're the un.
Speaker 2: Undocumah, unhoused, undocumented, follicularly challenged.
Speaker 5: That's us. We're not bald.
Speaker 3: Okay, FAA, no more drones. We're sick of you here on the East coast. So the FAA plays and temporarily banned flights over critical infrastructure sites in New York, in New York State because you have this rash of reports of drones everywhere.
Speaker 2: It is perfectly legal to fly drones. Well, perfectly legal. The fly drones over not not near airports.
Speaker 3: I do fly drones, I haven't. I do have one. It has a tail number, it's registered, all of those things. But I had to go through all of that to be able to fly. Now I can't.
Speaker 2: What is restricted airspace? Where can you not fly above four hundred feet? You can't fly. It won't let you fly.
Speaker 3: In their censor that you're supposed to keep active, that will keep it from flying.
Speaker 5: Can disarm those sensors probably.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you can do anything electronic.
Speaker 2: You just keep on talking and talking and talking about this, don't you.
Speaker 3: What do you mean about these drones droning on? Yeah? God, I know you too. Well, that's scary. I can decipher your stupid jokes before you ever say that. I know well, I hate myself.
Speaker 5: We've been friends for thirty years.
Speaker 3: I hate that too, That's what ye people hate me here because I'm your friend.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, here's it, Amy, You do this and then Neil has been talking about this forever.
Speaker 5: So do the headline here, and then we're going to throw it to Neil to explain this a little bit.
Speaker 6: Okay, so exactly what is healthy? The definition is changing. The US Food and Drug Administration has finalized new standards that foods have to meet to be labeled as healthy, including limiteds on saturated fat, sodium added sugars. They also have to have a certain amount of food from at least one key food group like fruits, vegetables, or low fant dairy. Some foods previously carrying a healthy label like white bread whoever did that? And sweetened cereals and yogurts will no longer qualify.
Speaker 2: And they have to do this very quickly because the FDA only has thirty one days more to exist.
Speaker 3: You think he's gonna get just explode everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pushing this one.
Speaker 3: We don't know what healthy is, is the problem.
Speaker 2: I know what healthy is, not, Neil, Yeah, I know what I see it.
Speaker 3: I will tell you The issue is something is nutritious or not nutritious. But our problem with processed foods or overly processed foods is that we put nutritious things in a bed of non nutritial Right, So.
Speaker 2: You can be nutritious, yes, and still have tons of salt and tons of sugar.
Speaker 3: And so getting their head wrapped around that, it's same with natural. They put natural on things. Yeah, yeah, because like peanut butter, is that nutritious? Well, it's it really should be only two ingredients. Basically, it shouldn't have anything else but peanuts and a little bit of salt. Yeah, that's it. I've made it many, many times.
Speaker 5: It's really magical.
Speaker 2: You put it in a blender or a quizinard or whatever, throwing a bunch of peanuts and outcomes peanut butter. Yeah, it's very it's a very David Copperfield thing. It's just very strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what magic is to you. Yeah, pretty much making a nut pure.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go ahead and take a break and we'll come back seven years. We'll come back free.
Speaker 3: De La voluntary recalls some LA's classic potato chips over undeclared allergens. So this is one of those recalls that it doesn't affect everybody, but if you have an allergy or severe sense ofvity to milk, you run the risk of serious or life threatening ellergic reactions. Then this would be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for this one batch. But milk in potato chips. Tell me how the two connect.
Speaker 3: I would imagine that it has something to do with the processing that they might be around milk products. Otherwise, I don't know either what you would use in this case. I think it would be like if they process plants, process many different things sometimes and it may have come in contact one.
Speaker 2: All right, And just by the way, to help our listeners in radio land, the recalled products bear a guaranteed freight fresh data. February eleventh, five Yeah UPC code two eighty four one hundred three one zero four to one the lay's logo party size, and this is important. The manufacturing codes six four six two three zero seven double x or six four three three three zero seven xx.
Speaker 3: Does that help? You're mocking it. There's not a lays and you can find out which ones they are. You hate giving people life saving information.
Speaker 4: I do sure on Syrian soil.
Speaker 6: Senior US officials have arrived in Damascus for the first diplomatic mission to the Syrian capital since the fall of Bashar al Assad last month. The US delegation is expected to meet with members of the rebel group that overtook the capital and is acting as the de facto government in Syria.
Speaker 2: And no one knows which way it's going to go now. The leader of this group was labeled and still is a terrorist by the US government and was part of the entire terrorism anti Zionism, you know, blowing up American basis. So now he has a country, or they have a country to run, and he has become more moderate. And what's going to be more important to them to govern a country and be part of the world community or just have a state sponsored terrorists organization?
Speaker 3: What's it?
Speaker 5: Which way do they go on this? And they and no one knows.
Speaker 2: And that's why this US delegation is going over there to talk to these guys to try to figure out something. There's also a couple of Americans that were put in jail by a SOD and so you know they're going to talk about that too.
Speaker 5: It's really interesting.
Speaker 3: California earthquake. The Free Earthquake Early Warning app is now available for Mac computers and chromebooks, major expansion of access for this warning system been available for years. Obviously on cell phones, we've used it. The MyShake app, developed by UC Berkeley, is one of the most popular ways to receive those earthquake warnings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I've got two of these, so I've got my shake and what is it. I don't know keep I keep my phone in my back pocket, so you know, I always get.
Speaker 3: That little buzz I have a chocolate shake.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, I said, see, I was going to go there. And that was so stupid. That was so stupid.
Speaker 3: I did not the way I do. No, I don't know if you did it, it would have been stupid. Okay, I do it all.
Speaker 5: Right, Amy chef's kiss. Okay, Amy, you're up.
Speaker 4: Oh fine, I'll go there.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: It's a modern day duel, and Ukraine's leader says it's really dumb. So during a press conference he does a yearly press conference, Russia's president Putin was talking about his new nuclear capable ballistic missile that Russia recently fired at Dnepro in Ukraine, and he said, let them propose some kind of a technological experiment, a kind of high tech duel of the twenty first century. And he said, let them determin and meaning the Ukrainians, some target to be hit, for example, in Kiev, and then we will strike there and we will see what happens. Zelenski basically responded and said people are dying and he thinks it's interesting, and then called him a dumbass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's terrific. And this way, I mean, it's getting a little personal. And this is their hypersonic I think missile that Russia has used once and.
Speaker 5: So we don't know a whole lot about it.
Speaker 2: But if it's true, this thing is dangerous as hell because it's impossible to stop. Well, ballistic missiles are impossible to stop anyway, so why would you even go beyond that? Okay, Russia neil a lot of Russia.
Speaker 3: The United States voiced alarm recently at the United Nations Security Council just on Wednesday that Russia was close to accepting a nuclear armed North Korea. As Moscow and Pyongyang defend their growing cooperation, they're becoming you by hands skipping in the Lilians or whatever.
Speaker 2: And Russia was part of the world community, the industrialized countries and others that wanted to keep North Korea from having weapons nuclear weapons. Now, of course they have it, so there's not much that can be done, although in North Korea there's some limited technology. Do they have the ability to launch a nuclear tipped missile ballistic missile in the United States?
Speaker 5: Some say yes, some say no, And is it advanced enough? But Russia says, yeah, perfectly acceptable.
Speaker 2: Makes sense to us that you guys are now a new nation that can blow up half the world. It's scaring a lot of people and it's changing. So now Russia has gotten very close to North Korea, which it has not for a very long time. It was usually China and North Korea who are really close. So they're getting closer and it's all against the West. Russia has drawn the line. There's no question.
Speaker 5: Lyne in the sand. Okay, one more before we take our last break.
Speaker 6: What's worse than fentanyl? Protenna tazine. It's a new synthetic drug gets considered three times more powerful than fentanyl. It's blamed on at least one death in Los Angeles last month. Bill Bodner, a retired DEA agent, says the drug is illegal in the United States. It was never approved by the FDA, It has no medically accepted uses. It's just a deadly drug.
Speaker 2: I mean that's crazy that it's Well, how much do you need in the tablet to kill someone?
Speaker 4: Doesn't fentanyl? I mean you just need a schmidge of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you need a quarter of a shmidge or a third of a smidge and it's being brought in from China. I mean, the world's gone nuts and dangerous. Very It used to be that the bad guys would bring in bales of marijuana.
Speaker 5: That was big news.
Speaker 3: Oh, the good old days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the good old days.
Speaker 3: Okay, what a sad story. A crowd crush of courses is when you get a lot of people in one place. Maybe it's not set up properly, whatever it is. This was a funfair in southwest Nigeria and according to a local radio station, they're the organizers of the event, identified as the Women in Need of Guidance and Support or WING, expected to host five thousand children under the age of thirteen at the free event where they could win prizes like scholarships. And something went awry and you have at least thirty five children that were killed, six others, oh critically.
Speaker 2: In and think about this. It's a free event, you know, for kids, and thirty five kids are killed because of the crush.
Speaker 3: Horrific.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously not very well planned, you know, gridlock at some point, but still, I mean, you look at something like this, come on, thirty five kids. Also the local radio station and how's that pronounced? A gidbug bogue FM. Amy, you're better at this than I am.
Speaker 4: I'm not even going to try that one.
Speaker 3: No, it's a tough one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, do we own then? Only if only if listenership is dropping like crazy.
Speaker 3: But this is Yeah, the case has been transferred to the homicide section, so something must have been done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I can't imagine it homicide as opposed to just a horrible mistake and poorly planned and it's just it's it really is a heartbreaker.
Speaker 6: Lebron has slam dunked another record. Lebron James added most minutes ever played during the regular season to his line of career achievements. He surpassed Kareem Abdul Jabbar's record of fifty and forty six minutes played during last night's game against the Kings up in Sacramento.
Speaker 5: Hey, how is he playing? This is twenty two secrets, twenty second season, and how old is he now?
Speaker 2: What? Sixty three, sixty four? And how is his quality of play relative to what ten years ago? Can't be the same, but has it dropped to the point where he is just another player? He's still a premier player. I don't know, Amy, or are you a basketball person? Oh, Kono, are you a basketball person? I am?
Speaker 4: It's a better person to ask.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Coono, would you answer that question.
Speaker 3: He's no longer the Lebron James, but he's still better than about seventy five percent of the league.
Speaker 5: And I'm willing to bet that he's not worth the money that he's getting paid at this point.
Speaker 3: No, it's more for the name that people want to see a legend played.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's thirty nine, by the way, and that's old.
Speaker 2: I think was it Kareem abdul Jabbar, who was the oldest player ever forty two something?
Speaker 5: Got that in the NBA cono.
Speaker 3: I'm being told by Sam that was Robert Parrish was the oldest Okay.
Speaker 4: Older than Nat Hickey.
Speaker 5: Are these people?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Was that like nineteen twenty five? You guys just making up names? No, Amy's looking wait, I said, that can't be older than Bilbo Baggin's.
Speaker 5: All right, let's move on. That's funny, alrighty.
Speaker 3: A recent study that recommended toxic chemicals in black plastic should be immediately thrown out. I had so many questions about this because a lot of these products were like Batchela's or spoons.
Speaker 5: I've got tons of about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that are that are black in color. The concern was over the fact that they were recycled television sets that had fire retardants in them, and that became a problem. Well, this peer reviewed journal that had this, that did this study, apparently the math was wrong and so they were an order of magnitude lower than the EP So they say it's still a concern and they stand by their you know, study, But the reality.
Speaker 5: Is that no, it's not.
Speaker 2: Hey, I have a question saying I have a question. I didn't know they're made out of television sets. But if you pay a premium price for these products, you more money for the real high end. Do you get them without commercials? There's so many places you could have gone.
Speaker 3: I know, so that I should have known when my spatula said, do you want the forty four inch or the fifty five inch Batchela something?
Speaker 4: Anyway you slice it? Apple's a I got it wrong? Did you get that?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 5: I said, Apple got it wrong? Oh got it? Yeah. Now that's a little bit ob scure, but okay, all.
Speaker 6: Right, major journalism bodies urging Apple to scrap its new Generative AI feature because it said it created a misleading headline about Luigi Mangioni. The AI powered summary made it appear that BBC had published an article claiming that Mangioni, he of course is accused of murdering the healthcare United Healthcare CEO, had shot himself and he had not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've got this, uh, this call for Apple to get rid of a genera AI feature because of.
Speaker 5: A headline they got wrong. Do I have that right or is it? There are lots and lots of mistakes.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what Rich and I were just talking about this that when you when you do like chatbot and that kind of stuff, it does get it wrong a lot of time.
Speaker 4: It's not always correct, so you have to like fact check the AI.
Speaker 3: But in the defense of AI, it's really just taking the lead from all other news outlets.
Speaker 2: And there's plenty of fake news out there. Yeah, I mean plenty out there. Yeah, 'tis my point? Yep, all right, guys, we are completely done. Now.
Speaker 5: This is KFI am money. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six
Speaker 2: Am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,