Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six fortys.
Speaker 2: Is ICE going to arrest people at churches? Are they going to raid churches in East LA where a ton of illegal migrants go there to pray? Who the hell knows? At this point? Look at what just happened yesterday with the pardons. Who knows?
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. It is Thursday morning, January twenty three. A quick word. I do not believe I will be here tomorrow or from now on because I was born in Brazil and was not born here, and under the birthright new birthright laws, I will be deported by tomorrow. That's actually not true.
Speaker 3: You said you weren't born here.
Speaker 2: But I am a natural But yeah, that's true. But I'm a naturalized citizen. And I'm trying to make somehow put together a joke that just didn't work. Uh, it just it didn't work. So you know, I'm trying to read this. This is me reaching and badly, I might add, all right, everybody quick hello, there's Neil Nils. Sir.
Speaker 4: How you feeling a little bit better each day? Sir? But I'm happy to be here live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well next week we're you and I are getting together and yeah a bit next week, Yeah we are together a lot. And yeah, he's gonna cook for me, grill on the big green egg for me. I'm very excited.
Speaker 4: So do you have any preferences?
Speaker 2: It's green.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of doing a tomahawk.
Speaker 2: Stay, tomahawk is good, you know what, I just will talk about it because it's I'm more excited, literally more excited about putting in this barbecue thing, the green egg that does everything that I was about. The remodel that I did on my house. I put an elevator in on in my house because I have to have an elevator, you know that one?
Speaker 5: And what's the other thing? The what do they call those stairs?
Speaker 2: Oh the floating stairway floating star Oh yeah, I tore out the whole entriest put in a floating stairway. I mean that costs me.
Speaker 5: Like you know what I think about when I for thirty years knowing how bad your balance is, I think, you know what we need?
Speaker 4: Get rid of banisters for Bill. That's a genius idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, And I mean I'm a huge believer in elevators at home and right now. I mean they're more reasonable than they were when I first put one in the of the Persian Palace. And I'll tell you why. When you get old or you have all kinds of problems and you live in a two story house, you're out the door. You can't make up stairs anymore. It's very, very difficult. So you know what people do, They move out. I don't have to move out. I will spend all my money now and put one in anyway that's neither here nor they are. It's mainly there, not here. Yeah, inside stuff. What am I doing defending me putting in one of those things? So when I get old and crotchety and fall downstairs and I have no balance now, and it's going to be horrible in the next few years. So for me, it's almost a medical I'm trying to deduct it. Okay, and good morning, good morning, and there's Cono, good morning, and Amy, well, Hi Bill, Hi? So hey's dejevu all over again, isn't it? With the fires? So isn't that thrilling? Come on, guys, now, normally we would go to wall to wall with this fire. But following the Palisades and the Eaton fire. You know what, this isn't as big news as it was before because there aren't thousands of homes going up a minute here, So let's do that. Let's start with hndle other news. Hold on, let me get it. Okay, here's my paperwork. Okay, here we go. I have the copy. Let's go right into handle on the news. Who's with Amy? Neil and me? Every one time I do one of these stories, I throw it immediately to Amy, who keeps this up on this stuff by the minute. Amy.
Speaker 6: So the fire is just over ten thousand acres and seventy six They've got lines around fourteen percent of it, so it's fourteen percent surrounded. And the good news is they've been fighting it and the winds were blowing, but not blowing so hard that they had to ground the aircraft like they did for the Eating fire and the Palisades fire. They were able to attack it from the air NonStop from the time it started, so they were able to get the fire retardant laid just outside the fire lines. And also we're using the water dropping helicopters, and the water dropping helicopters are actually done now at least for now, So that's that's also a good sign that they have things that they're really getting a good handle on this one.
Speaker 2: Yep. Well, hopefully we're gonna have some good news because they have been able to attack the fires and are they doing a lot of structure protection work. I'm assuming they are. Well.
Speaker 6: See that they've been in those areas and they did do evacuations. There's about thirty thirty one thousand people under evacuation orders, twenty three thousand under evacuation warnings. But more good news, no homes have been destroyed so far.
Speaker 2: It used to be that a few reported thirty one thousand people ordered evacuated that would be end of the word world headlines in the La Times. Now at thirty thousand and fifty thousand. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 6: California may have a problem with wildfire relief. Donald Trump President Trump was he threatened to withhold federal disaster aid unless California leaders change the state's approach on the way that it manages water. He says the blame for LA's struggles to tame some of the deadly fires lies with Governor Newsome, and he says he doesn't think that we should give California anything until they let the water run down. They're talking about the water that is not being sent down with It's been an ongoing fight in California for years, Yeah, for.
Speaker 2: Years and years. And so it's the Delta smelt mainly that we've always made fun of what the state is done in this up in the Sacramento Delta to save the Delta smelt. And there's somewhat of a point to what he's saying, if you extrapolate and go all the way down the line. But that's not what caused the fire hydrants to run dry. That's for one. And even though pardon, different water source, different water source. And also the photo that Trump has which most of us think is photoshopped of Gavin Newsom actually igniting the fire itself, putting a bunch of firewood next to a gas station, lighting it and running away, Yeah, that one is probably not true. And he says FEMA is getting in the way of everything and we have to reform FEMA. Bottom line, it's he says the states have to take care of their own problems, not the federal government, except he wants California to follow what the federal government's guidelines are, so I don't quite understand. Well, I do understand. It's California, That's what it is, and it's going to be a fight from day one. Newsome asked for a twenty five million dollar fund just to fight the federal government with President Trump, and it's going to that's not even a touch what it's going to cost. It will be a four year battle of which some Trump will prevail, some California Newsom will prevail, depending on what the courts say.
Speaker 5: Pentagon is sending fifteen hundred active duty troops to help secure the US Mexico border. This, of course, is putting in motion the plans from President Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: He's been laying these out, these executive.
Speaker 5: Orders shortly after he took office, and you now have Acting Defense Secretary Marry Robert Celsi's.
Speaker 2: Sale sales, sale say.
Speaker 5: Let's the troops will fly helicopters to assist border patrol agents and help the construction.
Speaker 4: Of the barriers aka walls.
Speaker 5: I suppose the Pentagon also will provide military aircraft for Department of Homeland Security deportation flights more than five thousand detained migrants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so far, that's all legal because troops are not actively engaging in enforcing the law as in a police action. The interesting part is the President has not said I'm not going to stop there. I may go beyond that. And it goes back to an eighteen oh seven law. By the way, this has happened before where military military troops, even under Biden, have been brought out to help border patrol. But we'll talk a lot more about that at seven twenty.
Speaker 5: You know what they did say, though, bill, They said the number of the troops and their mission may soon change.
Speaker 4: That's the point, just the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. I don't know what that means, but I can tell you what it can mean, and I'll do that at seven twenty. This morning, Trump.
Speaker 3: Gets his first legislative win.
Speaker 6: The House voted yesterday to pass the bill that requires the detention of undocumented immigrants charged with certain crimes. That had an early legislative win to Trump, his first one since he took office.
Speaker 7: Again.
Speaker 3: The bills Thelake and Riley Act you might have heard of.
Speaker 6: It was passed on a two sixty three to one fifty six vote, meaning forty six Democrats voted in favor of it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was that tell you that this is somewhat bipartisan. You just have to do with criminals, those accused are convicted of crimes and their connection with him. I don't think too many people are against that. I'm not a big fan of criminals not being deported. I'm not a big fan of local authorities not cooperating with ICE.
Speaker 5: Left pushing back on some of these recent bills trying to be passed that were that were for deporting criminal migrants.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry one more time.
Speaker 5: I thought there was some bill recently that got pushed back on the left that did this very thing that said, I mean you're saying that was.
Speaker 2: I think that was for deportation for one thing, That is, you hand them over to ICE for deporting them. And actually, under the sanctuary laws that are passed, sanctuary acts that are passed, I don't think any of them say you don't turn over criminals to ICE. The issue is do you call Ice? Do you say we're letting these guys go out tomorrow afternoon on bail. For example, Judge Grant's bail. Judge cannot deny bail because someone's illegal. I can't even ask that question. But but the authorities, though, if there is a if there is some evidence, if there's been a rest for a violent crime and it is illegal or determined, or even question whether someone's illegal, guess what they're going to They're going to call ICE or they used to call ICE. Now under sanctuary laws, you give them a passport when they walk out. I mean, it's just how.
Speaker 5: Could they legally let someone go into American territory if they're not here legal.
Speaker 2: Because the state courts have no jurisdiction over that at all. So immigration, federal all of it.
Speaker 5: So you'd think that there would be a department, a federal department that deals with that to check it used.
Speaker 2: To be used to be ICE. And then there's sanctuary laws. Uh, Nope, don't have We don't. We do not help ICE at all unless a crime, unless a serious crime has been involved. So I we'll talk a lot more about that too.
Speaker 5: Okay, moving on, Well, we were very excited about Greenland.
Speaker 4: Maybe that won't happen.
Speaker 5: A Danish politician is slam President Donald Trump in a very Trump type way. I believe we even have some audio of this.
Speaker 7: Dear President Trump, listen very carefully. Greenland have been part of the Danish Kingdom for eight hundred years. It's an intersecrated part of our country. It is not for sale. Let me put it in words you might understand, mister Trump, golf.
Speaker 2: F off well bleepop, Okay, that certainly says that on there's a Vicentisen the Dizen or however the hell you pronounce his name? You're you uh kissed them? Yeah, now I'm gonna do that story. By the way, there is as crazy as this is, Okay, there is a method to the madness of what Trump says. There is actually an underlying reason why he is going there, and it's a very good reason. Now, is it a question of buying Greenland? Yeah, that's tough. You know, we bought Alaska. Did you know that in eighteen sixty seven, straight out bought Alaska seventy point two sale. Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was per se not for sale, but I think it was. I don't know how the negotiations it was at that point. I think the Secretary of State Seward bought Alaska from Russia. Belonged to Russia, and they paid seven million dollars for it. And the same thing with the Louisiana purchase, where you had Thomas Jefferson doubling the size of the United States buying the Louisiana Purchase. I mean all of that acreage we're talking. I don't know, I don't know how many millions and millions of acres bought from France. I mean, wrote a check, bought it from France. There were reasons for it. Napoleon was at war. He desperately needed the money. It was impossible for him to govern all of the Louisiana purchase, going all the way up, all that land that belonged to France. They were doing nothing with it. It was it was just sitting there. So Jefferson bought it for I think fifteen million dollars under two cents an acre. Wow, And all of Alaska went for seven point eight or seven point seven million dollars. So we've done that before. The problem is the people that owned it, the countries that owned it, were fine about selling it.
Speaker 5: Wasn't that the cost of the Persian Palace very funny, very very funny.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it is not like out of the blue, but it is out of the blue. When the seller says I'm not a seller, well, I'm going to force you to sell, and if you don't sell, I'm going to attack you maybe, so I'll talk about it. There really is an underlying reason why Greenland is so important and why he.
Speaker 5: Wants financial, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's not only financial, it's also national security reasons. There is also strategic reasons for the United States. There's a bunch of reasons why Greenland is so critical and becoming more so by the minute, and also financial economic reasons on the basis of our economy being in trouble in a certain area, which I'll explain all of that later on. There is a lot, and that's seven to fifty. I'm going to do Greenland. Is it for sale? Yes?
Speaker 6: Or no?
Speaker 2: Is there a coupon out there on the internet? And can you buy it on Amazon?
Speaker 5: You could get Greenland and something of equal or lesser value.
Speaker 2: Is let me ask you, this is the Amazon for sale and can you buy it on Amazon? Let's go ahead and take a break. See that was that wasn't very good either?
Speaker 4: All right, judge your own jokes. That's tag.
Speaker 2: I am now deciding which jokes or not. I got the thumbs down for me and.
Speaker 3: The bishops digging in.
Speaker 6: Bishop Marianne buddy is the one who at the prayer service for President Trump basically spoke directly to him, made an appeal said he needs to have mercy on people.
Speaker 3: Uh who?
Speaker 6: Because she said that a lot of gay and LGBTQ and transgender people and migrants are scared right now, and so she said they need to he needs to be merciful. And he did not like it, and a lot of Republicans did not like it. And so she went on and basically said I stand what I said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean straight out, you know, and ripped into Trump. We didn't rip into him. Basically said you gotta be merciful. You gotta take care of immigrants. And that's not what you say to Trump. Hey, where does she come from? Do we know where she comes from? Any idea what her nationality is? Only because one Republican congressman, oh, she knows she was born in America? Should be added to the deportation list. Now that gets really interesting. Where do you deport an American?
Speaker 4: Two South America? It's still America, Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: I just people say to me, well, you know, we should send you back to Brazil. I go, really, do I show them my US passport when they start to deport me, Is that what I do.
Speaker 5: Along with your with seven other passports you have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually I only have. No, I have two passports and I'm going to have I'm going to have three passports.
Speaker 5: Can I say something though about this? Listen is a theologian. There's stuff that she said that is not biblically tied. But the church is not a political entity. It's a spiritual entity. And if she's speaking from her heart, believing that that is put on her heart by God, that is about mercy, that is about grace, and that shouldn't be criticized.
Speaker 4: If she feels it's the job of.
Speaker 5: The pastor, it's the job of the minister to convict the hearts of those sitting in the seats, is that?
Speaker 4: What is?
Speaker 2: Is that what went through the minds of Catholic priests when they were dorking eight year old boys?
Speaker 5: No, because those you think about dorking eight year old boys away?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I don't think about it. I report on it.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 5: To criticize her, and I'm not thrilled with you know, the way she did things and it sounded political.
Speaker 4: Stopping with your thumbs up but I.
Speaker 5: Would say to try and tune people's mind to the fact that she's a minister and she's convicting people in the queues, which is what a minister does to move their hearts.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 5: It's not political, hopefully, even though it seems that way. She's saying to have mercy on those that are afflicted or that are scared, and that's what ministers do.
Speaker 3: She said something we should all live by.
Speaker 5: So it's to me, it's like kind of Republicans going, well, that's not the god.
Speaker 2: I excuse me, guys, am I mistaken of something about this show. When when did the show evolve into this? Explain that to me? Would you you mean evolve?
Speaker 5: Non snitches get stitches. Federal employees receive emails Wednesday.
Speaker 4: This is a yikes.
Speaker 5: They got an email warning that they could face repercussions if they did not report on coworkers who work in diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility positions.
Speaker 2: So this is a weird one. This is very weird.
Speaker 4: So imagine this.
Speaker 5: So I guess there's some designation of some kind that may tell you who these people are. But they're saying they're aware of these efforts of some in the government that are trying to disguise these programs uses different coding or imprecise language so that they might go unnoticed. Cite those in the government trying to enforce this.
Speaker 2: Now, who my question is, who makes the decision if it's not specifically noted. Here's the d DEEI program. Here it is, here are the rules, here are the regulations, and you don't have one of those, but it sort of looks like it. Therefore, you have to tell us if you see someone pretending look like somehow masquerading, who makes that determination that yes, it really is a DEI program that's hiding under the non DEI label. Man, this is weird stuff I don't in.
Speaker 5: The Mexican gay guy in the wheelchairs like, no, yeah, me.
Speaker 2: That's and and he goes, hey, do you think do you think I was hired because I happen to be good as opposed to a gay Mexican guy in a wheelchair.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing, why don't they just take anybody from that program if they're so concerned about quality, take everybody for the program and test them for the positions and just can.
Speaker 2: You imagine that? But if you test somewhere for a position. Okay, moving on, and that's a point, and that's just under ununderstandable and understanding intelligible, unintelligible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically, you don't.
Speaker 5: If you don't tell on your fellow employees, you can be punished. Now if you don't tell us within ten.
Speaker 4: Days of this.
Speaker 3: Let's keep those records, shall we.
Speaker 6: A judge has ordered Southern California Edison to preserve all data, equipment, and evidence related to the Eaten Fire. Of course, as because people have already filed lawsuits making claims that the Eaten Fire was sparked by Soka Edison.
Speaker 2: This is regular stuff. Always whenever there's a lawsuit, immediately you are told if I'm suing you for whatever part of my lawsuit, and in a letter to you it says you have to preserve everything. It's absolutely de rey goor. So there's nothing unusual about this. And Southern California Edison already said we've retained all the records which they have. You're not going to see records destroyed because that does not look good in front of a jury. So it's just it's basically a formulaic that they do that.
Speaker 4: Well, TikTok TikTok.
Speaker 5: Time continues to run and questions continue to rise about what's going to happen to TikTok. Of course the parent company is what's at concern. What's the concern there Bike Dance. Well, Bill Ford, who is the CEO of General Atlantic, he was a board member there at Bike Dance, and he said just yesterday that it's in everyone's interest to keep the app active. And it seems that they're trying to work out a deal to save the app from disappearing in the United States and that it should be done soon.
Speaker 4: What the details are, no one knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and President Trump has reversed himself. He was anti TikTok, and then TikTok was a big factor in young people voting for him. He realized through bearing his son, Hey, you got to grab the young vote, and TikTok is part of it. Now he quote has a warm spot in his heart for TikTok. Also, he has been rehearsing so much to be able to put some new breakdancing moves on TikTok that he doesn't want to waste all that time.
Speaker 4: You're going to see his dances down. He's getting there.
Speaker 2: He's getting Donald Trump break dancing. Someone's gonna someone is gonna come up with a meme on that one.
Speaker 4: The truffle shuffle.
Speaker 2: Oh very good.
Speaker 4: Well that's from a movie. It's from the Goonies.
Speaker 3: RFK wants to keep cashing in. Robert F.
Speaker 6: Kennedy Junior plans to retain his financial interest in some litigation brought by Weisner Baum, which is a law firm who specializes in whose specialties include pursuing pharmaceutical drug injury cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now here is an interesting one. He's not saying I want to retain an interest in the firm. He is saying, I refer you this case, and I'm entitled to a contingency ten percent of what you bring in. And he says, I may go on to be a cabinet member, but I s I'll get my ten percent. I'm not going to walk away from my ten percent. That's what he's arguing.
Speaker 3: So he said what he's already done basically, not what he's.
Speaker 2: Going to be. He says, I've done it basically, I'm entitled to my commission.
Speaker 4: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what was hugely controversial about that. I'd ask for the same thing.
Speaker 5: All right law enforcement official seeking a motive for the shooting at Nashville's Antioch High School just yesterday morning. They're examining all the social media that they say is quite alarming posts purported writings tied to the teenager police sagent that shot and killed a sixteen year old girl. If you remember, you have this seventeen year old Solomon Henderson firing multiple rounds inside of cafeteria shortly after eleven am killed Jocelyn corea escalante who was described by your family as a kind and loving child. Henderson killed himself after the attack. Some of the writings purportedly tied to Henderson's social media account contained violent, racist, and anti Semitic content.
Speaker 2: All right, number twelve, last story, Even though we're running a little late, we've got to do it.
Speaker 6: Amy contraception begins at erection. That is literally the name of a bill that's been introduced by a state senator in Mississippi. The bill would make it quote unlawful for a person to discharge genetic material without the intent to fertilize an embryo.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously this is very tany in cheek, but it's just it's it shows the absurdity of some of these laws regarding conception, or so this legislator thinks.
Speaker 4: So it means it's illegal to ride bareback.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's well, let me put it this way. I would be in a lot of trouble because I cannot tell you how many billions of prospective children I have killed, billions and billions of them.
Speaker 4: This is the and there they are on walls on and I ya yai. This is the owning act.
Speaker 2: Or oh, very strong and he wanted, this is the disowning act. We're done, guys, every spem.
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 2: All right, we are done. Pheenie, Okay, this is kf I A M sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app