Speaker 1: Baby, I'm a gamester too. It takes a little tangle mess with me.
Speaker 2: Ohuch, baby, gamester too.
Speaker 3: For good warnings, this podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality. Listener discretion is a vibe, fellas.
Speaker 1: This ain't my first time at the rodeos.
Speaker 4: Hi, and welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janet, and today, welcome back, ladies and gentlemen to another round table ladies discussion. And today we are going to be discussing and breaking down the Book of Jonah because this is highly significant and I did not realize how highly significant until recently, and I read it and reread it and reread it, and light switches went on like all over the place, and I was like, oh, we got to talk about that. So welcome back to my lovely, beautiful co host of the episode today, Miss Heidi, Miss Tam and Miss Julia. Welcome ladies, Thank you Janet.
Speaker 5: Hello, So does Heidi have a call? So I'm sorry, guys.
Speaker 4: She sounds like a man. I told her before the show we should all talk in really deep voices because it might be funny.
Speaker 2: I'm down.
Speaker 5: I love it. Gotta do more wrathy.
Speaker 4: That's ody.
Speaker 3: You might you might turn somebody on. Heidi, you better hear man.
Speaker 5: That's gonna happen. It's speaky too. It's like thirteen.
Speaker 4: Boy, you got that coming of a voice going on.
Speaker 1: Thing. Oh boy.
Speaker 4: So today we are going to break Jonah down chapter by chapter because there's only four and there's four of us, so each one of us is going to read that particular book of Jonah and then we are going to have discussion afterwards. So Miss Julia, we're gonna start Hello, Hello, I have.
Speaker 3: I have the first chapter, and I have one of those translation Bibles. I know some people aren't on with the translation ones, but it was a gift from my sister, so I have to use it. It skips all the these and thows and the confusing stuff, so it's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: But your Bible might say something a little bit different.
Speaker 4: And that's that's okay because I'm using the New Living Translation. So each one of us may have a different but it's the same basic premise. Yeah, what do you use from using them?
Speaker 1: King James?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Should I I'll try to put on my narration voice because I feel like this is one of the longer chapters. So and then I'm really curious to see what you guys think of everything. So I guess we'll just get going. Jonah, it's a Jonah runs from the Lord and it the first chapter says, the Lord gave this message to Jonah, get up and go to the great city of Ninevah, announce my judgment against it, because I have seen how wicked its people are. But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the Lord. He went down to the port of I don't even know how to say this guy's Jobah Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the Lord by sailing to Tarshish, which I don't really know where that is. It's probably some random okay, okay, And but the Lord a powerful wind over the sea, causing a violent storm that threatened to break the ship apart. Fearing for their lives, the desperate sailors shouted to their gods for help and threw the cargo overboard to lighten the ship. But all this time Jonah was sound asleep down in the hold lazy, so the cap went down after him. How can you sleep out a time like this, he shouted, Get up and pray to your god. Maybe he will pay attention to us and spare our lives. Then the crew cast lots to see which one of them had offended the gods and caused this awful storm to come down on us. Who are you? What is your line of work? What country are you from? What is your nationality? Jonah answered, I am a Hebrew, and I worship the Lord, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the land. The sailors were terrified when they heard this, for he had already told them he was running away from the Lord. Oh why did you do it? They groaned, And since the storm was getting worse all the time, they asked him, what should we do to you to stop this storm? Throw me into the sea, Jonah said, and it will become calm again. I know that this terrible storm is all my fault. Instead, the sailors road even harder to get the ship to land, but the stormy sea was too violent for them and they couldn't make it. Then they cried out to the Lord Jonah's god, Oh Lord, they pleaded, don't make us die for this man's sin, and don't hold us responsible for his death. Oh Lord, you have sent this storm upon him for your own good reasons. Then the sailors picked up and threw him into the raging sea, and the storm stopped at once. The sailors were awestruck by the Lord's great power, and they offered him a sacrifice and vowed to serve him. Now, the Lord had arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights. And that is all of part one. Chapter one, I should say, is mine sounds like a kindergarten school teacher wrote it.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 3: I sometimes I don't like the translation Bibles, you know, these study Bibles, because I think they are I mean, they make it more easy to understand. But I'm sure you're the regular version of this story is a little different. What I mean, what do you guys think of chapter one?
Speaker 4: There's a lot in that.
Speaker 6: Lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so my first thought on that was disobedience first and foremost, because you know, God told him to do one thing and he totally went the opposite direction, and he's like, Nope, not going to do that, and for people that are new to the Bible, that is like a common theme with a lot of people. Moses did it, Like a lot of people in the Bible did it, you know, where God said go do this and they're like, Nope, don't want to. And I think that's pretty commonplace for people of our day.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. How many times have I been Jonah A lot? I mean, minus the fish, I would say a lot, same girl thing. Yeah, It's like it's like, so this is another story. But you remember in Genesis when he asks Cain, where's your brother and he's like, well, I'm not his keeper. There's such attitude that comes from you know, and it's like hey, jon and I need you to go do this. How about No, I'm about to get on a boat and sail to the opposite side of the country. Like how many times I have myself personally, I've done that a lot.
Speaker 1: Money Python, run away.
Speaker 5: Your coconuts.
Speaker 4: And I think that's like this part where he's talking about like this massive storm comes up, you know, and and the it's so violent that it was threatening to break the ship apart and stuff. What happens to us in our daily lives when we completely ignore what God says or what God wants us to do or how he wants us to react, what happens literally stormy chaos. That's why a lot of people always say, I don't know why all these bad things keep happening to me over and over and over again.
Speaker 5: That's literally my life.
Speaker 3: It's funny too, because as I was reading that that part specifically, and it's like everybody else is freaking out. It's total chaos. Like you said, the ship is, you know, rocking all over the place. Where's Jonah asleep somewhere down in the cargo hole. And he has a guilty conscience.
Speaker 4: Like I was gonna say, it satisfied his ego, that's why he was sleeping so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he knew he had literally a guilty conscience. They're all freaking out and we're all going to die, and he's like, well, it's kind of my bee, but you know, if you throw me into the ocean, maybe that'll make God happy. Like he even knew what he needed to be done exactly. I'm sorry, Yeah, I got a nap right right. Either way, you're gonna die because you brought this on yourself. So if you stay on the ship, you're going to kill everybody, or you could sacrifice yourself. So he did have a chance, and thankfully he made the right decision to be selfless in that moment. But he it was only because he had a guilty concept. He knew he was doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: Which what's interesting did that though? Yeah? On the ship they said they were it was a pagan ship. But even they were going, what is going on? And they even like, you know, tested did who did?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 1: Was a game? They did a lot or something like that was a game or something. Yeah, and then they and it landed surprisingly on Jonah And but I mean even they were looking for answers and they the pagans actually said, you know, to appease your god. This god something we got to get rid of. You got to get rid of you.
Speaker 5: You're sorry, I'm bad luck.
Speaker 3: That's that's that one part. It says, uh, who are you? What is your line of work? What country are you from? What is your nationality? I mean that's just another way of saying, who the hell are you?
Speaker 5: What did you do?
Speaker 3: Because obviously you're involved with some shady stuff, Like where did you.
Speaker 4: Come with somebody really upset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like tell us your story, asshole. So that's why I think this is very important for like the every day because I mean, I've been Jonah, like I said a million times. But when you read a story like this as a kid, the only part you remember is he got swallowed by the fish, right, And you know that's the part that stays with you. A whale. Actually it doesn't even say a whale. It says a fish, a great fish. So yeah, I think it's important to go back as adults and reread some of these stories. Oh yeah, Jonah the whale, and you think you know, and then you go back and reread it, and it's super relevant to adult life more than a kid.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Not to defend Jonah, but he was in a situation. It was a lose lose situation because either he goes and warns his enemies, which he doesn't want to do to shape shape up, or you're gonna be destroyed. He'd rather see them destroyed, so he doesn't want to warn them. That's crazy. But then if he doesn't, I mean, he's obviously the drowning was bad, and then it gets worse.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was like Okay, I'm gonna drown. Okay, so now the now the big fish, the great fish, the whale. Then it gets worse and then okay, yeah, but that's he.
Speaker 6: Did flight and freeze at the same time, able to take care of it. Yeah, I'm sleeping bye uh huh.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine a worse death than than drowning. That's that's one of my scared of that. Yeah, I'm scared of deep water. I'm scared of dark deep water, and I'm scared of h heights. So those are two ways.
Speaker 4: Are oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Like when we went in the ocean and Maui and you could see, you know, but I thought it would be cool if we snorkeled, but it was like super more here and I was like you And I looked at my ex husband and I said, he goes, what is your problem?
Speaker 5: I said, have you ever seen a.
Speaker 6: Ship be swapped? Just a yacht wallowed in like three point nine minutes?
Speaker 5: Because I have and it was gone, and and you know, there's so many of them down there.
Speaker 6: You hear this all the time. And then you see a whale and how big one whale is, and then you know there's tons of what and.
Speaker 3: It just that's what gets me.
Speaker 4: I mean, you don't you don't want to take a ride on a fish anytime soon?
Speaker 5: WHOA, definitely not.
Speaker 3: It's even worse too, because, like, if you grow up in the South like I did, there's so many little swimming holes and places you can go jump in. The water is so freaking dirty. You can't see your hand if you put it in five inches, let alone a huge fish about to eat your you know, water moccasins.
Speaker 4: Wet when we were little because my parents would not take us, like to a swimming pool, and so we would always go swim in a lake or or whatever, and you would literally get nibbled on by stuff. Have no idea what was chewing on you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then if you're real lucky, you get out and you got a bunch of leeches on you.
Speaker 4: Stuff. Hey, they're they're they're healthy for you, right, leeches are.
Speaker 1: Stuff. But anyways, have you gotten stung by jellyfish? How much that hurts?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, though, thank you. I'm good. But think about think about, like I said, what two of my greatest fears that if you were going to pick anyway the worst ways to die deep dark water, drowning in its stormy seat, or like falling off of a really high tall building or something like that would be for me.
Speaker 1: But so Joan, you know this is it's not the fall that gets you. It's the landing.
Speaker 6: Oh God, right, I can't even look at those perpetual warriors, right, we're like worrying the whole way down.
Speaker 4: Did I put the clothes in the dryer?
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 3: It's a falling just seems like I I, how long are you aware before you hit? You know, it's like free falling anyways. But at least Jonah had the wherewithal to sacrifice himself to save everybody else. But I also think it's because he knew that but after he got in the water, God still had a purpose for him in that he would still save him. So even though he sacrificed himself and they tossed him overboard and he was actively running from God, he still knew that he would be saved after he got into the water. So I think that's also important, is that it's best of faith as well.
Speaker 4: And I just want to point out that three days because and the Bible is uber significant number three and the Bible, which recurs repeatedly throughout the Bible, marks divine intervention, completeness, and spiritual significance. So keep that in mind when we go through the next parts, because that's what slammed me in the head like a pickup truck, because jesus resurrection was after three days m hm, and so that's part of the light that was coming on.
Speaker 1: So anyway, also, they brought the three gifts to Jesus when he was worn three yeah, three wise men.
Speaker 5: All the way yeah, Trinity.
Speaker 3: The way through, it's all the way through. When that shad wracked me, shack and a bendigo in the furnace, always kind of three popping up there. But I forget who you said, who has two.
Speaker 5: Chapter?
Speaker 3: Chapter two? Oh, Janet has chapter.
Speaker 4: I do, and I'm so excited about that.
Speaker 3: I'm excited as well.
Speaker 1: She was elbowing everybody else out of the way for this.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm taking part two. It's yeah, because the very last part of Julia's is what set things in motion. And when I read two and reread too, and mind you, I've read the Bible like a lot of times over my lifetime, and it wasn't until recently that everything just went. It's kind of like God was like hello, like pay attention. Yeah, So anything else on part one no, okay, So Part two is Jonah's prayer. Then Jonah prayed to the Lord, his God from inside the fish. He said, I cried out to the Lord in my great trouble, and he answered me, I called to you from the land of the dead. That's very significant. And Lord, you heard me. You threw me into the ocean depths, and I I sank down to the heart of the sea. The mighty waters engulfed me. I was buried beneath your wild and stormy waves. Then I said, O Lord, you have driven me from your presence, Yet I will look once more towards your holy temple. I sank beneath the waves, and the waters closed over me. Seaweed wrapped itself around my head. I sank down to the very roots of the mountain. I was imprisoned in the earth, whose gateslock shut forever. But you, o Lord, my God, snatched me from the jaws of death. As my life was slipping away, I remembered the Lord, and my earnest prayer went out to you in your holy temple. Those who worship false gods turn their backs on all of God's mercies. But I will offer sacrifices to you with songs and praise, and I will fulfill all my vows. For my salvation comes to the Lord alone. Then the Lord ordered the fish to spit out Jonah onto the beach, ladies and gentlemen. This is super exciting for me. Okay. So even in times where we are struggling the most and going through turmoil, crisis, whatever, that's when he hears us the most. He hears us at all times, but that is when he hears us the most. And when it says that he called out to him from the land of the dead, that is significant because when you are in the land of the dead, you are spiritually dead. You have not followed God, you've disobeyed God, you haven't repented for your sins, all of that stuff. So think about this. We're going to go back to Genesis, right. So God created the waters above, and he created the firmament to separate the waters above from the waters below. So in Julia's part, he was talking about being in the deep waters and you know, sinking down and how stormy it was under that. Think about baptism. When you are baptized, the waters below are where all the suns and the turmoil should be staying.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: That's where all of our what do you call it, like, all of our sin and all of our disobedience and all of those things die underneath the water, in the deep water, so that when we rise above to the waters above, we're given new life and rebirth and resurretion resurrection which hence the number three and the resurrecting after three days. Now here's what got me. So a couple of things. He was talking about seaweed wrapping around his head. Where's our third eye, right, which is our connection to be able to see God, to hear God, to interpret his message, we have to have that mental clarity. And so seaweed is wrapping around his head, so his vision toward God is closed off at that particular time as he's sinking under the water, and he's talking about the weeds being under the water and stuff, which how many times in life do we need to weed our gardens and get rid of our sins and our setbacks and our need for you know, material of things or you know, substance abuse, things like that. So God talks about weeds in fifteen different books in the Bible, and he talks about how and roots, and with roots you have to be able to have healthy roots for them to bear fruit. Right, And so all of these things started adding up for me. And I'm going to get to the fish in a minute, because the fish is a very significant thing as well. But it says that he sank down to the very root of the mountain, which just dawn dug me. The root of the mountain is actually Hades significant because in the Gospels, in Matthew and Luke God he references multiple times. Matthew twelve thirty nine through forty one says, but he answered and said, unto them, an evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign, and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the wales belly, so shall the son of Man be three days and three night, three nights in the heart of the earth. Hades hell. Because there's two parts of Hades, And we'll talk about that in a second too. The men of let's see, the men of none of us shall rise in judgment with this generation and shall condemn it because they repented at the preaching of Jonah. And behold, a greater than Jonah is here, meaning Jesus God. Matthew sixteen four says Jesus again references Jonah and criticizing the Pharisees, and he says, wicked and adulterous generation seek it after a sign, and there shall no sign be given unto it with the sign of prophet Jonah. And he left them and departed. Luke again references the same kind of thing where it's all about Jonah. So Jonah's resurrection from the depths and from Hades for three days. Jesus's resurrection was three days, and that like never dawned on me before. And so I'm thinking, hmm, that's interesting. So when we die, we go to Hades called Paradise, and then we resurrect from there into Heaven. But that's discussed like a depth in the what's it called Revelation where it talks about the two different parts of Hades and how you have the the good part, which is Paradise, and then you have the other part. So Jonah actually took a trip in the fish to Hades, just like Jesus did, which was a foreshadowing. So here's something interesting about fish. Fish is significant in the Bible because not only does it call for nourishment, but it also signifies faith in Christ divine provisioning. So instead of letting Jonah drowned or die, he took him by fish down to Hades kept him in the belly of the fish for three days. It's a sign of transformation as well and your trust and connection to God through faith. And that's why in the Bible it always references fishers of men. So we have to die and go to Hades, you know, signified by baptism to be able to be reborn again. And so yeah, wow, I didn't even put the Jesus Jonah thing together and it went, Oh.
Speaker 3: My God is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's powerful.
Speaker 3: That's why I love the Bible. Man, this is what I'm talking about, because there's so many ways you can interpret this. And I was not expecting you to go there, Janet. I really wasn't, but I love where you went with it. I went and, like I said, it's like a five layer burrito, because at the base of it is what Janet's talking about. But you can go a layer above that and say, I've said it before. I think the Bible is one of the most supernatural texts ever. I think there's so many things you can gather from this, and that's why I think we now understand about the firmament and more flat earth type things because we've interpreted it in a different way. And I'm with you, Janet, I think he actually went to hell because what he's talking about here, you threw me into the depths of the ocean. I sank down to the heart of the sea. He was completely engulfed. And then he says, I sink down to the very roots of the mountains, and I was imprisoned in the Earth, whose gates lock shut forever.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: You didn't dawn on me that one way.
Speaker 4: It didn't dawn on me until recently. And I'm like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: But I think people misunderstand, like flat earth can't possibly be hollow as well. But I think those two things can exist simultaneously. I think we can have a flat Earth with a almost like a what do they call it shield, something like this. It's it's like a dome shape that descends down underneath. And I think that is where you can go I think you can get there via bottom of the ocean, for sure. I think if you look for it in the right places and caves and stuff like that, there's all these tunnel systems and you can get down there. I think that a lot of this stuff can be taken. Literally. Jonah literally was taken to the bottom of the ocean and literally went to hell for three days. You know, if you want to get real conspiratorial, I don't you know the fish is significant, as Janet was saying, but fish could almost be because a whale is a mammal. See, this is where I get in the weeds, because let's just say, the.
Speaker 4: Fish get in the weeds. Weeds are.
Speaker 3: Because what if it was just another way of saying something that they didn't have a word for at the time, some way of him like a vehicle, a portal of vortex, something opened up in the ocean and swallowed him down into hell. That seems like an access point to me, Like he got thrown overboard, something opened up and swallowed him, and then he sunk down into the earth, into hell for three days, and then he was spat back out onto the beach. I mean, this is a this is an incredible story, and it's like Janet was saying, there's so many levels. It's more than just like what I'm saying about, like the conspiratorial stuff that makes it fun. But if you go deeper than that, if you look at the spiritual meaning behind it, it's even more significant because, like you were saying, it's kind of like this foreshadowing with the three days and going to Hell and coming back. But yeah, that's that's what I got out of it, because you know, some of these stories, when you go back and reread them, you wonder how in the world people have discounted them over time. Oh Joan in the whale, you know. But there's so much more in there.
Speaker 4: That's why I was like, oh my God, Like, after all of this time and after as many times as I've read this, it just literally hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm like, oh my gosh. It's it's literally about his resurrection and turning back to his faith in God, because he's talking about, you know, looking up from the depths, you know, and praising God and basically like repenting that he send and disobeyed in the first place, and so he's looking up to God's Temple, which is above the water, you know, and above the firmament, so you know, I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And it's almost like God's God's given him a warning shot. It's like, how did you like those three days in hell? You want to go back there?
Speaker 5: You like what you saw?
Speaker 3: I want you want some more of that? I mean, it's it's like, you know what else could scare you into being obedient?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm?
Speaker 3: Because God was doing some really yeah, I mean he was. He was doing some real teacher ring back at the Old Testament, and Jesus kind of softened him a little bit for us. But he was doing some hard teaching, hard love moments in the Old Testament. This is definitely one of them, right, So I think he could have been swallowed up and taken to inner Earth and into Hell for three days. It's like, hey, did you like that? Jonah? I bet you wish you would have just did what I said the first time, huh.
Speaker 1: I think the funniest part showing that God has a sense of humor is when the when, the when, the fish that will vomit him back up. It's right on tars. She's exactly where he was supposed to be so right ended up being where he was supposed to be anyway.
Speaker 7: That was Yeahney, that he thought it was possible to escape God, right right, I'm like, where.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna go?
Speaker 4: Where are you gonna hide at? Because God literally created the earth.
Speaker 3: So he's spit him back up on this on the spot. He was going to mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Oh my.
Speaker 1: That's another thing where he was running away on that ship. And then when he's in the whale, he he thought he was running away, so he thought he could get away from God. When he's thinking that, and then in the whale, he's praying to God. So not only did God know where he was, did God? But he's inside the belly of the fish or whatever, and he's he's his thought is to pray to God. So now he's here with me. But I thought I could run away from him.
Speaker 3: So wow. And it's like by the time he gets spit out on the beach, it's, oh, you want to go talk, sh let me take you, Let me take We're gonna write and style Jonah, We're gonna there you go. It's like, let me take you where you're trying to go. Oh my gosh, Well that is just such a powerful story to me, and I just get excited when I look back into these I you should have seen me, Tam, when I discovered like the biblical flatter stuff. I was just telling everybody.
Speaker 1: I knew.
Speaker 3: I was getting verbal altercations with people because I just I couldn't believe it's all. It's all in there, you know, right there, and how do we not see it before?
Speaker 1: And I also Heidi, you just had a wrote just recently and it was that time feels like it's speeding up. It feels like is being compressed, doesn't it. That's what it feels like to me. It's like we're getting all this information, we're trying to process it so fast, and it's all interconnected. It's all related.
Speaker 4: That's why I think like doing this story is really relevant for today's times of turmoil and chaos that we're living through because it gives so much more clarity. Because people can read this and be like, oh, it's a story, it could never happen if it's not a swellow person, blah blah blah, all of these things. But if you look at the the parallels that God is suggesting in this, it is absolutely perfect to the way people are today. They turn away from what they know is right, what they know is good, what they should be doing, and instead they give into the chaos and the turmoil and the storms, and they cause storms for the other sailors, right, the other people on the planet, and they're wanting everybody else to absorb the burdens.
Speaker 1: Because it's even go away, right, you still have they still have that task. He still had to go and he was yeah, deliver another just real quick. Was from before, like I guess the Latin and everything that everything had to be interpreted, Everything had to be explained everything. You had to go to church to hear the word and they had to translate it for you and all this. And the difference now is we have I had so much fun going through all the different the different books. I was like collecting all the little kids books and little ones that we've had, and I just like brought done of them together into different interpretations. But now we can decipher it and we can re interpret it and read it and see what we find out. I love that that it's so information is so much now with the Internet obviously too, it's way even easier. But I mean even with the books and stuff we could read on our own. And but how what a great time now instead of having to depend on someone else is translation interpretation mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: And you don't you don't need a pastor to like interpret for you, because if you read it and when God wants you to hear the message, he is definitely gonna let you hear it like you did to me.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was like, oh, I got like shivers and chills, and I was like, oh my gosh, Okay, I got it this time, like a shot at me with a megaphone. Maybe because I'm old and deaf, and that's why I didn't get it the first three hundred times, right, But.
Speaker 1: The baptism, the water, the cleansing, that was a whole different level that I hadn't thought about I either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when when it's in there, it's it'll it'll reveal itself to you. And however it's meant to you know when it's the time for you to understand it, what.
Speaker 5: Were you going to say, like dying to your old self too? Yes, he had to die from his own self like and let it go. And that is hard, that is that's one of the hardest things.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think one of the things for people these days, and this is probably gonna like upset some people, but one of the things that they don't talk about enough in modern day like church in a building church is what sin is and that you have to be able to repent for your sin. So obviously Jonah knew because he was like, you know what, like he wanted me to do this. I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and so Jonah knew and he was like throw me overboard, because you shouldn't have to carry my sins like this is this is on me. It's my fault because I disobeyed God. So sin is a lot of things. Sin is how you speak to another person, how you treat another person, how you respond to situations, like all of those things. You have to be like self aware enough to know that you did something that you probably shouldn't have done. And that's a big problem these days is that there's a lot of people that don't realize when they did something they shouldn't have done.
Speaker 3: And you also it's like maybe even you find a few people out there who are willing to admit they did something wrong, but are they then willing to pay the fiddler? I mean, because you can still be like, oh, yeah, that was my bad. Sorry, But are you ready to reap what you sew? I don't think so. I think that's also it's you know, for him to say yep, throw me over and to have the faith that God would spare him. That's faith right there. That's crazy because even I if it happened to me tomorrow, I would at least ask life after something. Well, and that think about that, that's hard. That's hard.
Speaker 4: Think about how much like water is mentioned in the Bible and and you know, like uh Noah, you know, and and the you know, the flooding of the earth and all of that stuff and wiping out all of that. And so then you've got Moses parting the Red Sea. And why is that Because we don't want you to have to go through the deep waters, right, We want to keep you at the waters above instead of all of you perishing at the waters below, because that's where, like I said, the turmoil and the chaos and all of a sudden settles beneath. And so that's why they parted the sea. And it's literally all throughout the Bible like questioning, you know, are you really Jesus? Do I really see you? I don't know, get out of the boat and you know, trust me and you can walk on water. He's like, oh yeah, and what did he do? He started to sink because he lost his faith in God. He lost his belief and all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyways, which one was it that was trying to walk to him? Who was it?
Speaker 4: As Peter wasn't Peter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, I'm like Peter, you know, I want to believe, and I think I'm ready, but then I get halfway there and I start to sink. I mean, it just happens. It happens to them.
Speaker 4: But you're You're not the only person, because every single apostle and person in the Bible was a doubter y yeah, doubting Thomas, every single one of the apostles. You know, you had people even after they saw like his resurrection that were like, I don't really believe that. Can I come and stick my hand in your side because I don't believe it's you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, So every.
Speaker 4: Everybody in the Bible, because we're human and because we are prone to sin and disbelief and whatever, so never beat yourself up for not believing wholeheartedly all the time, because it's hard for humans to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think those stories are really impactful because it just shows how how human we are, and like, how how even sitting next to Jesus out of campfire, they were still they were like, I don't know, they're literally right next to the guy, literally to next right next to our savior. And they're like, yeah, I don't know. It's just that's that's that's human nature. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, that's us to doubt. Yeah, okay, it's tam.
Speaker 1: I'm right, I'm right, I'm right. I have chapter three, and I liked your version, Janet. That was really I like the way that one flowed. Mine's a little more younger.
Speaker 5: This up.
Speaker 1: And the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the second time, saying, arise, go unto Ninevah, the great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee. So Jonah arose and went onto Ninevah. According to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was an exceedingly great city of three days journey, and Jonah to enter. Here you go. That's interesting. And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried and said, oh, and this is the preaching. He said, Yet forty days and Ninevah shall be overthrown. So the people of Ninama believed God and proclaimed a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them, even to the least of them. For word came unto the King of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne. He laid his robe from him and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh, by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, let neither man nor beast heard, nor flock taste anything. Let them not feed nor drink water. But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth and cry mightily unto God. Yea, let them turn everyone from his evil way and from the violence that is in their hands. Who can tell if God will turn and repent and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not. And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil ways, and God repented of the evil. And God repented of the evil that they, And God repented of the evil that he had said that he would do unto them, and he did it. Not Okay, so he did not. The biggest thing for me was they were pagans again in the in the in the boat they were it was a pagan to and they still knew that something was wrong. They they somehow had a sense of God's power. Same thing here, this entire what they say, one hundred and twenty thousand people in this in the city, and all of them, even to the animals, even to the children, the adults, the royalty or whatever they call them, nobility, and all of them said, just in case, we are not taking any chances. We are going to play by the rules that we've got forty days. And they all did it. And I think, I think that says a lot that even oh my gosh, even the people who are unbelieved, non believe where they said no atheist in the foxhole at some point, and they even for them, I was just I mean, even the nobility to be saying saying, all of us, every single one of us, every single and I have one more thought. Oh and then the word of his short sermon, so so Tona gave the tiniest little warning he possibly could eight words, and the last one, the last word of his shortlestone was overturned, which means a turnover, which also can be or overthrown, and it can also mean to to change to its opposite, to start over, a rebirth, a rebod, like you were saying, Janet. And so they took it as an opportunity to better themselves to the entire place. So I think maybe with Gomorah, you know, with that in the in the back of their mind. So I thought it was I love this. I've gotten so much more out of this. I know you were excited about too. When I read through it, I really wanted chapter three because this one, I thought, for the entire higher the collective, not in a bad way, because right now everyone's so spread out and crazy with all the different conspiracy theories or not or left wing. Oh is it left wing. I'm not left wing. I'm not right wing. I'm knowing k and ow, I'm knowing, not left wing.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: So instead of everyone being so divided, this brought everyone together. It got everyone on the same page. And I think, not that we're close, but I think the resistance, like like Julia you were saying about flatter Earth, and that I've had against you know, flatter Earth and the resistance and stuff, but you can show them now you can actually you know, look, look like you can read it for yourself now that it's it's it's hopefully with this awakening. And again, like Heidi, I keep going back to when you were saying it's speeding up. It seems like more information we're being inundated and there are so many more people I don't even mean jumping on board, but getting it. How do you say that there are more people waking up and more people understanding and Janet, you doing this, you coming up with this idea. Yeah, is brilliant. I'm so excited. I keep thinking I was the biggest fan of you guys when you were doing this with Troubles and the first Ladies thing and everything. I was just sitting back, I was watching and I'm thinking, this is how I think what you guys are saying is so honest and so real, and you brought me in so I just you got me second, just as a fans, as an audience member of it.
Speaker 3: Tam you're literally the sweetest I was telling you that you're the sweetest little angel woman ever and she sent me, you know, a short clip. But when you went on Cult to Conspiracy, that's awesome. By the way, I'm so proud of you for getting on there. That's I like that episode. But yeah, you're you're you're one of us, you know, Tam. I mean I think a lot of people were, you know, trying to band together with similar beliefs and supporting of each other. And I always say, I don't think very highly of myself or anything like that, So don't even say fame and to me, because I feel like we're all sisters in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're related.
Speaker 1: That there were more women who thought this way because you got sorry, you go to the groceries or you go wherever. These people are just it's so hard to connect on any level, but to have women not only it's not just flat ears, because I mean that was my first thing, but then now I've expanded into so called the conspiracy. Wow are they covering so much? And then your segment on that, and then ID you're in a completely different and Janet, Oh, what you've exposed from first for yourself but then from other people, and then with Troubles and then his paranoid radio and then your yes the origins, but also your medical and then he to your medical and I mean what you all are sharing is a wealth of information and that there are strong, independent women, intelligent the women who are sharing real life, I mean, what you've experienced and then how how it impacts. So I mean, I mean probably hundreds of thousands of people. I mean, I just I was one little person and watching that that that first roundtable that you guys did, and I was just floored. I'm like, this is so amazing that you guys. Are you guys exist? You're real?
Speaker 4: Pinch me, I'm real.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well it's also great too because some of the stuff that you know, even reading the Book of Jonah, some of the stuff that I'd like to say, I mean, I feel like I'd get kicked out of church if I said to half of the stuff I wanted to really say about it, you know. So I do think this is very important because as crazier as outlandish as it sounds for Jonah to get swallowed up by a portal in the sea and taken to Hell for three days, but it makes sense maybe to you guys, because we understand that there could be multiple layers of reality happening all at once. And so even this chapter three, what you were talking about, I have to ask, even maybe for people who aren't familiar with this story, you said like they were pagan and so these things that they were doing, Like my Bible, my version of it says they put like burlap sacks on their head and they were sitting like these are their practices, right, Like, am I confused about that?
Speaker 1: Or no, no, no, I think it was taking off the throne, off the royal garb, off the jewelry, off off the right anything it was fancy, and they went down to the basics. They got rid of anything that was fancy or special or made them feel different or important. They got rid of all of that and went to the base level. And also they were horrible from reading all the different stories, I mean really disgusting, awful again correlating to what we're hearing about all of this awful stuff that's been going on recently now, I mean not thousands of years ago.
Speaker 4: Now, this is awful.
Speaker 1: And they were I mean the impaling, really impaling, nasty, gross awful, disgusting, gross awful, horrible things. And so that's another reason that Jonah was so against us thinking, these guys they should pay for what they've done. They are they're just there. It's not fair for them to get my little brother. Oh my gosh, he made my parents laugh. So he was supposed to be in trouble. He was supposed to be punished and restricted or whatever. He made my parents laugh, and then he got away with not getting in trouble. And I'm like, it's not fair. If I had done anything like he had done, I would have been in so much trouble. And you know, he didn't get anything, you know, and then they laughed, and so he got away with this. So I can understand Jonah's side, going, I don't want to help them, because then God's if he doesn't, all of his wrath and anger and lightning bolts and fire and brims are everything. He should put everything on him and forgot to say no. But if they repent and return, which is huge, So if you do, it's a forgiving, loving God. So you've got you know, this is a hard concept because nine of that they did listen and they were good, and they did get the benefit of that, and then don't on the other side, going, but this isn't fair.
Speaker 4: But you know, that that leads back to no one is above being saved. So no matter what you've done, no matter what you have, how you have said, as long as you repent your sin and accept God, you're never too far gone to have that. And so I love this part of the story because it reminds me of how materialistic things tend to corrupt us and tend to tend to lead us on a path away from God and more more into worldly things. And so even for the king of this story to you know, take off his fancy robes and garbs and stuff, which hello, jewelry makeup. All of that stuff was from the Nephilum, teaching all of our people that and that's where all of this you know stuff came in. And of course the debauchery and all of that kind of stuff. But it's like going back to the basics and shedding everything that was worldly or expensive, and instead of a throne, he sat on ashes. Yeah, that is such a powerful statement because it's like I'm going to be reduced to ashes. God's through God's destruction, you know, And it's like he's humbling himself to go back to basics, back to the beginning, and what could be sitting on what could be of the city and the people in it if they didn't.
Speaker 3: I know, I have another question for you guys, because this part stuck out to me because it says Ninevah was a city so large that it took three days to see it all. And on the day Jonah entered the city, he shouted to the crowds, forty days from now, Ninavah will be destroyed. The people of Ninevah believed God's message, and then they started doing the taking their garb off and their jewelry and everything in the fast. But it's almost like it it makes me wonder if there wasn't something that they saw when Jonah arrived that would make them respect him enough to believe him at all, because you know, you have to wonder, what was it about Jonah showing up and being like, oh, just to let you know, in forty days, you guys are all gonna die, Like, what was it about him specifically that they would have even respect? You believe him?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: He was he was a Hebrew. So on the one hand, the Israelites decimated their own profits. So first of all, he's not you know, he's not even prophesying there he went over to Nineveh. But then also he's the enemy again, So for him to say that and then to believe it. I keep thinking about like the hundredth monkey syndrome or something like where not not really pure pressure, but when enough people really get it. So by the king, by following the king, for him making this, I don't even know. I guess it would be a huge sacrifice for their mentality at the time. But to disrub all the fancy stuff and to sit like Jene was saying this in sit in the ashes representing what would have been. But there's a wave of that. They all did it. So I keep thinking like, is this what we're coming too soon? That maybe a little bit, little, little little bit as as big a bigger representatives in the I don't know, like cultical conspiracy, these guys as more Janet and Troubles and all these people, as they start sharing more of this, will there be a mass consciousness to get it, because I mean, I don't, I don't as rebellious as they were for them to all go oh yeah, yeah yeah, like you're saying, Julia, there must have been something else for them.
Speaker 4: Just to go there had to be you know, what I think it is though, because Jonah went through his repentance and through his rebirth process, and when you are a true follower in Christ and you've been reborn through baptism or belief, because not everybody believes in baptism, but when you carry the Holy Spirit in your heart, it radiates off you. People can see that, and people can feel that, and the way that you carry yourself, they can feel like your love and stuff like that coming off of you. And so I think that's why the people of Nineveh were like, oh, well, if he's telling us that we're going to be destroyed, I believe it because I can see it in his soul.
Speaker 3: And imagine what that must have looked like, because let me, you have this guy running through your town saying, you know, let's just say San Francisco is going to be destroyed in forty days. You just have this random guy running through the streets saying this. Obviously, like the higher ups aren't gonna be in the crowd when they are when he's running through there. So it gets up to the king somehow, gets all the way from somebody in the crowd, up up up up the chain of command, all the way to the king. He doesn't even speak with Jonah directly, and he's like, all right, I guess we're getting destroyed in forty days. Let me d robe. I mean, this guy, there must have been such a power coming from Jonah that it was uh holy and earth shattering. I guess you would if you spent three days in hell and got swallowed by a fish.
Speaker 4: Which is a It's a beautiful thing though, to be able to like carry God in your heart and to radiate that to other people because other people can sense that and feel that, and it is like very very powerful to people that are in your circle, I guess.
Speaker 1: And it makes it just that. Yeah, it wasn't just the fancies that it was fasting no food or water. I mean, that's an extreme and they all did it.
Speaker 4: So they all did it, which is the think about that too, because in the in the paganistic society, it was all like you know, slaughtering things and eating things that you shouldn't and you know, all of that stuff. And so going back throughout the Bible with the fasting and you know, and God will provide the necessary provisions again the fish things that he sees fit. And so people were fasting. People were starving in the in the desert when they were wandering, and God provided birds for them to eat, you know what I'm saying. And so it's like even doing doing the fasting, it's cleansing their body, cleansing their mind, clarifying their belief in God per se, without all these outside influences of you know, wine and you know, all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: I have maybe a theory that just hit me too. But since we're going on like the same line as as Jonah knowing he did something wrong and feeling guilty and letting them throw him overboard, maybe this city of Nineveh, we're all feeling kind of guilty and knowing that what they were. You know, let's not assume that they were just enjoying all of the debauchery, because according to Tam it was awful, Okay, So maybe they did feel guilty and knew that things were coming to a boiling point. And then Jonah showed up with this radical power coming off of him and he's like, yeah, you guys are all about to die. And they kind of were like we figured since we're terrible people, But I mean, who knows, And maybe the people of Ninevah had heard about the Hebrew God from other stories, other things that had happened, and maybe they were already kind of scared, but it takes something like this to really shock you into reality. Like, Okay, I guess since we're all gonna die, let's just let's just see if he's right.
Speaker 5: Go for me.
Speaker 4: You know, even in modern day and I know this is true in my life. If people know that you're godly and they can feel that you're godly, they do feel guilt and remorse when they do something wrong. And then most of the time they distance themselves from you because they're fearing feeling guilty, and that happens like repeatedly with people, and then later on down the road they'll be like, sorry, I didn't talk to you for a while, but I knew I was wrong and I knew I did something wrong. So I think you're onto something with the people of Ninevah knowing that they were guilty, and they were in the presence of Jonah, who was godly. Now after his three day trip to Hades.
Speaker 3: Maybe they felt the hell fire coming off of him and they were like, well, we know where we're headed. If we don't get our lives, right, I mean who knows, and.
Speaker 4: Not paradise and hades. They were going to the opposite side.
Speaker 3: Of hate, right right. Yeah, maybe Jonah was like, hey, you want me to tell you a little story where I've just been the last three days.
Speaker 5: I hope his clothes were smoking, so they were like.
Speaker 4: Oh, dang, you're so hot Jonah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So you remember this story when when Moses came down off the mountain after he had gotten the Ten Commandments and his face was glowing so hard they had to put a veil over him. I mean think Jonah might have had some aluminescence going on something something to where all he had to do is run through a crowd and people were scared and they've built judgment coming and they were terrified, terrified enough to de robe the king. So I mean there was something, something had to be so powerful coming off with that guy, and maybe that's why God was so mad because it had to be Jonah. That's another thing people don't understand is when it's supposed to be you, it's supposed to be you, exactason, and God was getting mad because he's he knew it was. It had to be Jonah for this to work great.
Speaker 4: And that's perfect because he did the same thing with Moses. And he's like, you're my chosen person. I want you to go. I want you to lead these people. I want you to speak. And he's like, that's like not my thing, Like I'm not good at speaking, Like I don't want to do that. So think again to modern day, like how many people is God trying to lead to use their voice? And they're like, oh no, I know. I was one of those people. I'm like, oh no, Like I don't want to. I don't like speaking in front of people. Nobody's going to want to hear me, Like, I'm not going to do that. But He has a purpose for you. If he calls you to do that, even though you are uncomfortable and you don't like it, if you have enough faith and trust in God, he's gonna lead you through that whole process whatever.
Speaker 3: Or you'll go through some serious trials and tribulation.
Speaker 4: Still, yeah, exactly, and you're gonna go to the hades and the wads and stuff around him.
Speaker 3: He's gonna make you wish you never you know, disobeyed in your life.
Speaker 1: I agree with one last thing Janet for this section and it was when you're talking about this symbolism of the number three, the symbol of the number forty, because they said in forty days it will be. And so obviously with uh Noah forty days, forty nights, the Moses forty days on my sign, I like, I like Julie was saying the forty days of fasting the wilderness just before he started preaching. So that was another thing with the symbolism of the numbers.
Speaker 4: And that's that's a repetitive pattern all throughout the Bible too. It mentions different numbers on different timelines, whether you're in the Old Testament or the New Testament, and everything from the Old Testament still relates to the New Testament and vice versa. And it's taken me a while to like figure that out. Yeah, me too, Okay, so let's hear it. Deep voice, all right, squeaky.
Speaker 5: Deep voice coming in.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: I got the fourth one. But to Jonah, this seemed very wrong, and he became angry. He prayed to the Lord. Isn't this what I said, Lord? When I was still home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you were gracious and compassionate, God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. Now, Lord, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than live. But the Lord replied, is it right for you to be angry? Jonah had gone out and sat down at a piece of the east, or at a place in the east of the city. There he made himself a shelter, sat in its shade, and waited to see what would happen to the city. Then the Lord God provided a leafy plant and made it grow over Jonah to give shade for his head to ease his discomfort. And Jonah was very happy about the plant. But at dawn the next day, God provided a worm which chewed the plant so that it withered. When the sun rose, God provided a scorching east wind, and the sun blazed on Jonah's head so that he grew faint. He wanted to die and said, it had better for me to die than to live. But God said to Jonah, is it right for you to be angry about the plant? It is, he said, and I'm so angry I wish I were dead. How many times wol we said that right, But the Laurie said, you have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow, it sprang up overnight and died overnight. And should I have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than one hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and also many animals.
Speaker 5: Question mark.
Speaker 3: So I was.
Speaker 6: I thought it was funny that I got this one because I am quick to anger. That's a good Bible verse phrase, right, quick to.
Speaker 5: Anger, and I get in trouble for all the time.
Speaker 6: But I am a very black and white person normally, Like I mean, obviously there's been changes in my life. But if you asked me before, like the last couple of years, like right and wrong, I would feel exactly how Jonah felt, because I had done all the things like yeah, you're stupid. Why the hell should I care about what you're doing? Like you're so dumb you did this thing, Like I'm toeing the road over here. I'm trying to do the right things and do all the things I'm supposed to do, and you just get a show up today and say you're sorry, and now it's all good in the hood, like oh cool, you know, like and then you know, bad things have happened to me, even like though I a lot of times, I mean not saying I'm innocent always, but a lot of times I don't think the punishment is worth what happened. And so I was always pretty confused about it because I'm like, like, I do all the rules, Like what the heck, you know, Like I hear.
Speaker 5: People, oh I got out of that ticket. I don't know that I've ever got out of a ticket. Like I just mind the.
Speaker 4: Rules as I'm like I said, you had no kidding.
Speaker 5: Oh not too many, because I mind so many.
Speaker 4: You're in a book now, Oh boy.
Speaker 5: See in mine, I just I never was.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think I've maybe had like two in my whole life because I just mind the rules because I'm like, you're not going to get out of it.
Speaker 5: And I've told like my son and my stepdaughter are like this.
Speaker 6: Not all of my kids or some have the gift of I don't know, charisma or whatever, but I'm a very blunt person and that doesn't help in life with telling people anything. So I can understand Jonah's plight because if this came to me, I'd be like, no, hell no, they're not going to listen to me. They never listen to me. Nobody listens to me. Why the hell would I waste my air? I got a squeaky voice. Why would I waste my voice? And I get that though, because like I've I've been that non compassionate person before where I'm like, they're stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can't, you know.
Speaker 6: I think as I evolved later in my life and got away from a very strict, you know, Mormon upbringing, where you know, you just don't do that, you don't do this, you don't do I mean, there's so many rules you really don't mess up if you just do the rules. So because they've got a rule for everything, and if you really have your own way, like is compassion with it right now?
Speaker 5: Not too much? Not too much?
Speaker 6: Like you don't always have the understanding for like a drug addict that's homeless in the streets, or like a kid that's been through hell and back or whatever. And now it's totally different for me because like that's who I work with, like that, I work at mental health now I work with drug addicts that are coming up.
Speaker 5: I feel like completely literally not worthy.
Speaker 4: All for sure, you're coming in and out.
Speaker 1: It's hard in it what she's saying, because I've done almost the opposite. When we go to to like the grocery store and they say do you want to round up or do you want to give this to Saint Dude or do you want to give this to the And now it's like no, because I know where it's going. It's not good. It's not good. It's not good. I've done like kind of the opposite by understanding that, by realizing everything that we're told. It's like you think you're being capacity, you think you're being loving and kind, but that money is either going back to that it's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you. I never give to charities anymore because I don't know what they're doing with my money, and like what if your money goes to some nefarious thing that's like freting kids? Like if, no, thank you. I don't want to have a part of that. Unfortunately, Heidi cout, but she was really getting somewhere.
Speaker 4: I couldn't I couldn't hear because it was like roboting and stopping.
Speaker 3: So yeah, she she was getting to a good point there and then it's like we lost the connection, but just kind of picking up on where she left off. I feel like I am this Jonah, this angry Jonah, more times than not, actually, And I think this chapter four is the exact reason why God is God and we are not, because if it were up to me, I would be a horrible God. I would be Jonah like spiteful. Oh ha ha ha, you fasted and you wore a Burt lapsack over your head for forty days. I'm still gonna destroy yet, like that would be I mean, a very vengeful, very wrathful God. And so that's why they say, you know, God's ways are not our ways because we cannot understand, we can't even fathom what he's doing. And I think that this whole part about Jonah being mad at God is because he's sitting there like God, you literally threw me in the sea. You literally took me to the bottom of the ocean in a whale and made me sit in there for three days. You literally spit me back out onto the shore, and now you're not even gonna You made me run through crowds, you made me do all this stuff, and now you're not even gonna do you make me look like an ass?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Because he so how many times have you been have you sat there and been Jonah and like wow, like you make me look bad because now you're not even following up. You're into the bargain. I had to go to hell for three days, I got swolled by a fish, and now you're not even gonna do it. It's like, that's so crazy. But what Jonah is not paying attention to is, yeah, yeah, Jonah, you did go through all that. That probably really sucked, and I'd never want to do it, but you saved one hundred and twenty thousand people and the animals and the animals. It says not to mention all the animals, one hundred and twenty thousand people. Not to mention all the animals. That's what my Bible says. But I mean, he's so fixated on getting even that he doesn't realize that by what he did, he saved one hundred and twenty thousand people by listening to what God asked him to do, because I mean.
Speaker 4: They were he was, he was being a fisher of men right. He went to preach God's word to them, which is exactly why he went to the depths of you know, the roots of the mountain and Hades then the first place because he said he repented, right, so God gave him a chance to do good again. And my opinion, I'm the opposite side of the coin. Jonah as a whiner because hello, I just saved you from this terrible storm. You didn't appreciate it. You're still disobeying me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: The sailors that were on the ship that were pagan, they repented and took God as their savor. They humbled themselves. Jonah has done nothing to humble himself after after being saved my God again and God, like Julia said, you know, he went through all these things, He went to Hades, he was in a belly of a fish for three days. You know, all of these things happened to him, went through a storm, went through all this turmoil and chaos, supposedly repented. You should be coming out the other side as a warrior for God, and you're still whining and complaining.
Speaker 5: Repent, Yeah, you change it.
Speaker 1: Overnight. A tree with leaves that would shade him from the sun. And they said, guys that you didn't water it, you didn't take care of it. Whatever in the nuts when the worm came in.
Speaker 3: And we think about that, Tam. That's that's the next layer of this story about how what a whining, complaining bitch Jonah is is because it's like, oh, you didn't learn from the first time. Oh you really learn from the fish.
Speaker 5: Let me try again.
Speaker 3: Let me get you a tree, Jonah.
Speaker 1: Let me there's your.
Speaker 6: Tree, and you can't and it's really born again unless you leave your old behind exactly your behavior. You're sorry, and then do it again and almost pre planet in your mind, like I'm going to still be this haughty little shit and like no, no, no, And that is why so many people nowadays, and I feel even the situation I'm in with my kid, she's like, oh, well sorry, I forgive you, but like you're a piece of shit, like go away.
Speaker 4: That's that's not true forgiveness. That is that is mouthing forgiveness without the meaning behind it. And that's why like this part of the story like irritates me to no end and it makes me mad because you went through all that turmoil and stuff. God say, you gave you a chance to repent, you repented, and then it's like he got worse and he's whining over a weed or a plant that God provided because God provides for us, right according to the whole entire Bible, and thinking back about the fish and how God has divine provisions for us, right, So God divinely provided this plant for you to give you shade and comfort. And then he was like, you know what, Jonah is whining? So here, I'm going to blow up this really hot, awful wind that's gonna come and it's going to be scorching, and I'm going to make the worm meat the plant, and the plant's going to die and maybe he'll get it then and change his behavior. And he still doesn't. And he's like, this exactly why I didn't want to come here. I want to do what you said.
Speaker 5: You you want to die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's making me look bad.
Speaker 3: It's making you look bad.
Speaker 4: Right, So you have no compassion or care for one hundred and twenty thousand people plus their animals. All you care about is yourself. You are so selfish and egotistical.
Speaker 3: I don't say, after chance, I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to have so much that. Yeah, I don't want to say the person.
Speaker 6: But this happened to me yesterday and there was a really bad situation for a friend of my son's and it isn't the closest person to us, but we do know them and felt very bad, and so I want to start a pro chain. So I call a couple of people and one of the people has a very negative nancy in their life. And this negative nancy in the background is like, who cares? Totally not our problem, right, Like it's what I'm like, this is a kid. This isn't a grown up.
Speaker 4: This is a kid.
Speaker 6: And I'm just like, you're supposed to be a Christian, Like if I call you for something, And all they wanted to argue was like the specifics of what exactly happened and how exactly and how much and I must have got this number wrong and this and this, and I'm like.
Speaker 5: I don't even get I don't care. That's so stupid.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to google it or like shame this person. More like we're supposed to help Christians and I'm calling you out as a Christian.
Speaker 5: That's not very Christian.
Speaker 6: You can go outside every day on your lawn because you need to pray on the earth.
Speaker 5: And like fully laid down and do that for God, but.
Speaker 6: You can't do a prayer for somebody else because it's too inconvenient for you.
Speaker 5: That that is not true.
Speaker 3: You know, that's not I feel like that's that's true because it's kind of I was gonna say this, but it goes along to that point about this whole chapter four is we focus on the wrong things times, like he's he's focusing on the wrong part of the lesson because you know, even after he gives him the trees, like, oh, thanks for the tree, jerk off, and he's still made.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even though Joan is over there literally pouting, literally pouting and saying he wishes he was dead. I'm never gonna eat again, God, how about that? And God gives him a tree and he's like, thanks for the tree, jerk off. And then he's still mad. So God takes the tree away. He's still mad. If you if you were ever gonna tempt one of the gods older New Testament, never try it on the Old Testament. You will literally scorch your head with a blazing wind from the east that will literally burn your hairs off. And he's still it's focusing on the wrong part. Is like, woe is me? I was swallowed by a fish and I did this and this and this, and now I don't even have a tree and now all this and God's taken away from me and he's still focusing on the wrong part. And that's why I agree so much with Jana, is like it's selfish, it's ego, and he doesn't understand bigger picture. And there's literally zero compassion or anything coming from Jonah in this moment. And it's like, how many times does God have to give you like a step up in life before you realize, like he likes you and he loves you.
Speaker 4: And he you know, and he's doing things to help you, and he's doing things to help you.
Speaker 5: And I do like that. God was like, God giveth, and God is gonna take it away.
Speaker 6: Here's the worm.
Speaker 3: Worm eat this big ass tree.
Speaker 5: Like complain about my plant, okay, and the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing about him, Like to me, I see him as as not just a whiner, but very over dramatic, like almost like a hormonal girl, y right, homonal teenage girl, because it's like, oh my god, I just love die. I'm just gonna I don't I just want to die.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, I don't know how to die. I want to die.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna Then every time he gets close to death, he's like, no, let me die. Please, don't let me die.
Speaker 3: Don't let me down here, yeah, right right. And the thing is, it's like, if you don't kill these one hundred and twenty people in these seventeen cows, I'm gonna kill myself right that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's that's why like this whole this whole thing to me just kind of like set me off. I'm like, how dare you like everything that that He has done to provide for you and guide you and give you what you need to be nourished and cared for and provided for and cleanse your soul, leave your sons under the earth, and you packed a bag and brought him with you.
Speaker 3: Well see, let's look at it from a hole though, from chapter one through four, because I think that's very important now that we're incorporating all four chapters together. Where was the Jonah that in the belly of the fit, Let's back up, where is the Jonah that said throw me overboard, I have faith ill be spared and that God will provide for me. That's a cool Jonah. I'm down with that Jonah. Where is the Jonah that inside the belly of the whale. He was still praying and saying thank you because I know that you have saved me, and I know that you've provided me away out as soon as God didn't do what Jonah wanted. Now, all of a sudden, that Jonah is gone and waja version. And that's how people act in their regular life.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 3: Everything is going okay, right, I'll have faith, I'm gonna do it right this time. I put all my faith in you God. I'm taking, you know, my hands off the wheels, I'm giving it over to you. And then the second something doesn't go the way we thought it was gonna go, after we let go and let God, it's you know, screw this. I don't even believe in this anymore. You didn't do what I thought you were gonna do, so you know, I'd rather die now. I want to die.
Speaker 5: Yeah what.
Speaker 4: That's how people are all the time, literally all the time. And it's like it's so hard for people to understand that when you let go of your hang ups, any any ties that bind you, when you let go of all of that stuff, God clears out all the weight for you. You don't have to do it yourself. He makes the path, He makes the way for you, and he makes things easy. The reason why good people go through turmoil, disease, chaos storms in their life is because God knows that there's a part of you that needs to be strengthened and needs to be shored up. And believe me, he did any of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean He has.
Speaker 4: Put me through like the old timey wash wringer and like crushed me to pieces. And then I came out the other side, and I now have this profound like thankfulness for anything he puts me through, good or bad, because I would not be the person I am today without all of that turmoil and chaos and without turning my back on God. Now I can tell you I was never a Jonah. I was never whiny like that. But I mean he he.
Speaker 5: That's why he was in the water. That's why he was in the waters.
Speaker 4: See, I'm a I'm a Scorpio. So definitely Jonah is not my personality type, right, I'm not. I'm not gonna be like I'm gonna I want to die, I want to kill myself. I'd be like, no, I want to kill everyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is when I was.
Speaker 1: Anytime I talk to her or here or listen there, I end up laughing. So look at her straight face. She's got a safe face. See how funny you.
Speaker 3: I want to kill everybody else? You know, what's even about that?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna hurt myself. I mean, what are you crazy?
Speaker 3: Exactly me either, But I am a fire sign, you know, so, I'm I'm rather scored, you know so. But think about think about even that part that Janet just said is do you really feel like Jonah would have would have felt better if God was like, all right, Jonah, you win, let me kill all these people. You know, there's gonna be women and children and little dogs and cats whatever. After he was done decimating that entire city and just bones and just corpses every it's like, Jonah, do you feel better now? Are you gonna complain about this because it hurt your feelings?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 4: He's gonna complain because it's too dirty now, Like he decimated everything, and now it's like, oh my god, am I gonna have to get a brooms?
Speaker 5: Wake that up?
Speaker 3: I just want to die.
Speaker 5: He's probably like, how could you do that? Well, you asked me to Well, I didn't really think you were gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I didn't think you were gonna do the kids to God. And even even if he did, everybody, it's a total cleaner.
Speaker 4: So followed that, even if he did right, and and God destroyed destroyed Nineveh and like all the people, all the animals were wiped out, and whatever would Jonah have learned his lesson?
Speaker 1: Now? No, No, I got to tell you that Pisce these things is really funny because this whole time I kept relating to Jonah from his I know, Oh, my God, And to hold a grudge, I cannot tell you twenty years I have not talked to my sister in law. I absolutely despise her. She was pis Yes, yeah, that was fascinating.
Speaker 3: I knew you were a Jonah's sympathizer.
Speaker 1: There, but I just couldn't understand like that. You know that I could. I could empathize with his anger and his frustration what these horrible people were doing to others or to children or to whatever. That's the way I feel about what's going on with all the Epstein stuff and all that. And it's like, how is this not being exposed? Is this not How was the wrath of God not coming down on them? How is the list not being It's because they're all on it. I mean, it's just so sick. It's such a twisted, nasty circle. But yeah, there's a big you know, grudges. That's a nice word for it. I don't I don't know how to.
Speaker 4: But she's tried not to get in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean it's But that's the thing too about the story, is what I said a minute ago, is there's a reason why he's God and we are not, because you know that we cannot even fathom what he's what his plan is, and what the future holds for us and everyone as a collective. Because yeah, he's notorious for for taking people out hello, flood story, Sodom and Gomorrah. He's not He's not gonna not do it when it's necessary, you know. But this particular city saved themselves, all right. They saved themselves. They put the work in and they saved themselves. They called out to God. He heard them, They were remorseful, they repented. Great. That's another part of this story that people get so frustrated with is I tell people all the time. Let's say, within the last five minutes of Ted Bundy's life, he called out to Jesus and he said, please forgive me. I'm you know, repent of everything that I did, and I accept Jesus into my heart as my savior. That same Ted Bundy that murdered all those women up and down the coast will still get into heaven, just like the lady who went to church every Sunday and ran all the organizations and did all the you know pots Wednesdays. And yes, they both get in. And why it's so frustrating to people is because there's a lot of Jonahs out there, and they say, this isn't fair. He ordered thirty women, raped them, brutally, drained their blood and you know, chopped their parts up. How is he, within five minutes of his last breath getting to go to heaven just like the woman who spent her whole life, you know, doing all these works and doing all that. It's not fair, but to God, that's the point.
Speaker 4: Right, because you're never too late to be saved. Yeah, but we're all at them no matter what you did.
Speaker 6: Well, I always tell my little girl, because she'll come home from school and she'll hear some random thing or something that's a killer and she's like, do they go to hell? And I'm like, we are not supposed to figure that out. That's not our right, that's my pay grade.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing is like in this story, to give thanks for for everything that's provided for you, right, because he could have let him drown, absolutely, and that's still it would be over and there would be no Jonahs story. But he provided safety and shelter for him during the three days where he was supposed to be repenting, right, and he gave him chance after chance. And that is what God does in our lives, literally all the time. He loves you and he wants you to be better. He wants you to do better and treat people better and act better. And you know, he gave him multiple chances to continue to repent. And we're not perfect right after we accept God. I'm still not perfect by any means. I never will be, but it is on God's timeline for our sanctification.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: We're all a.
Speaker 4: Work in progress, and so Jonah was a work in progress too. Is it upsetting to me that he was so whiny and still so disobedient. Yeah, because a again, Hello, it's frustrating to me because I'm like, hello, slap you across the space. Do you not see that he wants you to change yet? But that's not for me to decide. That is that person's relationship with God and on what timeline that God has for them to change their behavior and do better. But it's also not my job to like judge other people. So sorry, God, I was a judging of Jonah being a whiny boy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know what, God forgives us for saying it, because somebody needed to hear that. But you know something my grandpa always used to tell me, and I think it's very true for this story as well, is just because someone is lost doesn't mean that they've lost their usefulness.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 3: When Jonah surrendered in the belly of the whale and he said, do with me, you know what what you need me to do to serve whatever purpose there is that serves you, he was all on board, right, But full and total complete surrender means full and total and complete surrender throughout the process. And so if you want to serve your purpose to your fullest stability, you can't have any steak in the fire. You got to completely surrender over to God and let him just. Yeah, you might not get it, or it might suck, or you might actually get angry about it. But surrendering means a full and total surrender. It's not like a partial surrender. As long as things are going our way, we surrender. You know, as long as you do what I say, I will get bad. You know for me surrender.
Speaker 1: You think with the store, it's like it's it's open twenty four hours. It's like, yeah, but not in a row. I'm gonna surrender, but yeah, not weekends, holidays, evenings, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I think you know, just because Jonah was lost didn't mean he lost his usefulness.
Speaker 6: He just.
Speaker 3: He just had his own opinion on how God should run things. And that will never ever ever get you serving your purpose. No, that's you serving your purpose. That ended one hundred and twenty thousand people killed.
Speaker 4: And that's when things like that, that's when again your life is going to be chaos and turmoil and bad thing after bad thing after bad thing because you're so caught up in your your own self and your own self love and your own egotistical ways that you can't. You can't love God because there's no room in your heart for it because you're all about you.
Speaker 6: I get frustrated with the ones that do love God, okay, and then they don't do any of the things and they're not nice and they don't change or anything, and they've got like the best house, the best shit, the best everything, and you're just like, really, but.
Speaker 4: It's worldly stuff. Yes, it's worldly stuff, which God I don't care about.
Speaker 5: I don't even care, but just like to go to the grocery store and not have to stress, you know what I mean. It doesn't have to be a boat or something fancy.
Speaker 6: But like sometimes you know how you get that moment where you're like, come on, or like you know, you see they're always healthy, they never had a bad day, all these things, and then you really see the inside, which is what my mental health job has helped me so much, because you'll see these people come in that have everything, they are miserable.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, why are you so.
Speaker 4: Are they miserable?
Speaker 5: They because have anything real.
Speaker 6: They don't have family, they don't have love, they don't feel loved, they don't feel loved, they don't they just don't have that whole communication.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's it's weird, but I mean it happens all the time.
Speaker 6: With drinking. We see a lot of people come in for that because they'll drink and drink and drink to fill that void.
Speaker 5: But really nothing's feeling that, right.
Speaker 4: No, that's fine.
Speaker 3: So that's why I left my first husband. Technically, technically, I may have had a better worldly life with him because he made a lot of money and we had a three bedroom house and we had stuff. We had a pool in the backyard, we had a lot of stuff. I was miserable, Okay, so whenever I see like material possessions, as I mean, I could really care less at this point.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I guess I should have worded it better, like maybe not just word but like, okay, I'm somebody that suffers illness and chronic problems.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 5: It's like I take a joke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just make a joke of it now because like, honestly, you laugh or cry, and I'm not into crying, so like whatever, and so it just is a joke at this point, you know, And I'm like, man, I wonder how that would be or I wonder how this would be and you always see that stuff, and but then at the end of the day you're like, Okay, but how many times has God really pulled me out of the depths? You know, Like it's been a lot, you know, so I've never I've never been a Jonah though, where I've laid down and been like and I wanted.
Speaker 1: More, like I'm off, you'll get nothing like it.
Speaker 5: I'm so surprised that I'm like, damn, you really did that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like, I'm always grateful, but it's hard sometimes I think I can see both sides, but like I definitely don't resonate with Jonah.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be like Joe and be like, Lord, I want two plants next time.
Speaker 5: That way, I ever, Jen Xwell would not ever ask for another plant.
Speaker 1: Right then, he was doing a big I told you so to God because he said, I knew you were going to do this. I knew that if they repented, you were not going to defend here. I'm saying, you're going to destroy the whole city and for what he did and you didn't, And.
Speaker 4: It makes me look bad.
Speaker 1: It makes.
Speaker 3: Yeah so well, it makes me wonder if if the person who wrote Bruce Almighty. I don't know if you guys have seen that movie far if he read we read the Jonas story is inspiration because he's basically, Oh, Bruce, you think you can do it better. You whine and complain and I haven't done for you. I haven't done that for It's like, okay, you do it better then, and he runs himself into a hole in the ground. So it's like, there is a reason why we are not God well.
Speaker 4: And that's you know, one of the things where people will pray for something and then they get disheartened because they don't get it. God knows better than us, and God makes better decisions than we do because a lot of times our decisions are based on emotion and not like critical thought. And so you may think that you want a certain job or whatever, and He doesn't allow you to have that because that is not where you're meant to be. You're meant to get, you know, this job at XYZ company because you're supposed to meet Tamera or Heidi or Julia or whatever. He's going to provide for you, not just you know, things that you need to survive and live, but he's also going to provide during that same timeline with the people that you need.
Speaker 1: So we don't like that time. Yeah, we don't know the big picture, like Julie was saying, I think it was Bruce Almighty where he was getting all those email requests, the prayer request and it was like and finally he's like, yeah, select all, yes, everybody gets out. You know what crazy chaos that Yeah, you know that's.
Speaker 3: A great reference, actually, tam because that's what happens. And you know, someone that everybody likes to talk about in the conspiracy theory community and they use this phrase all the time about Alistair Crowley, is that his whole philosophy was what thou wilt? You have your own free will. You're the master of your destination. You know, you should be able to be your own God. And like people in the conspiracy theory community love to bring him up and they love to bring that up and say how toxic that mindset is. But by praying for something and not getting it right away, and you thinking you know better than God and it should go this way and God should do what I said because I wanted it to be, I mean, you might as well go follow Crowley. Sounds like that's the guy you're that's the guy you're more aligned with, is like everything should be my way or go to hell, like that's his my that he's his own God. That's very dangerous.
Speaker 5: You know Christians.
Speaker 6: Christians were not ever called Christians. They were called followers of the way. And it's not your way right the way, it's not your Yeah, this isn't what's the place you can have it your way?
Speaker 5: It's not that right, that's not.
Speaker 4: That So, ladies, I love you to pieces. I'm so glad we could have this conversation today. I hope it opens up some doors of thought for some people, because, like I said, I know for me, rereading this again, it definitely hit me like a mac truck and I was like, oh, oh, look at it now. So hopefully somebody gets something that we said or can relate to something that we said. And Julia had been earlier, like giving up, giving up your way, giving up things so that you can like reborn and have a new life next time. I would really like to do Elisha and Elijah because that's very important, and especially for things that Miss Heidi does. Yeah, so that plays into that a lot. We know a lot of people that could benefit from that particular story. If that's okay with you ladies.
Speaker 3: Yes, looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: Fabulous. So, miss Julia, where can people think you at?
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, Janet, I'm so glad that you picked this one to start off with. I think this has been a great time for me at least, But and I learned a lot of stuff too, because you guys are awesome. But I have the Cosmic Peach Podcast wherever you listen to podcast Patreon if you wanted some extra stuff, AD free and all that. And if you do want to contact me, you can go to my Instagram, cosmic dot Peach dot podcast. That's the only way to contact me if you want to come on the show, you want me to be on your show. I always forget to plug that last one. But thanks for having me, Janet, I had a great time.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being here. So, miss Heidi, where can people find you?
Speaker 5: I am the squeaky voice Heidi this week.
Speaker 6: I'm everywhere podcasts are served, and I do have my own website. I have Unfiltered rispodcast dot com if you want to go there, if you don't like to go to players, it will update and it shows the show every single week. You can go and see that and on Spotify or any podchaser, including that website. I do twice a week, YouTube once a week because they're kicking everybody off right now, so I'm not about to be putting all my stuff on there. So yeah, find me there, Find me on Instagram.
Speaker 5: Twitter. Been a really active on there since all the JFK files.
Speaker 4: Great hence hence the three twenty in the morning text from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I walked up.
Speaker 3: I know, what the hell is this?
Speaker 5: I was like, oh my gosh, I sent that to Janet.
Speaker 4: I was trying to rate it.
Speaker 3: I didn't know my.
Speaker 4: Glasses on and I'm like, what, Like, what the hell is she? And I'm like, why did she send me this? And why is it so early in the morning?
Speaker 5: Such a strange girl.
Speaker 4: But it was very it was a very interesting text. So thank you. I learned something I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I've been a couple of those since the JFK files dropped too. I think something about Marilyn Monroe was in there. Somebody sent me.
Speaker 6: So there's well, yeah, many, there's like eight hund I don't even know. There's some crazy amount. But of course, the Mormons never disappoint They are always there, and if they're not there as in religion Mormons, they are there as the Mormon mafia.
Speaker 5: With Captain Mayhew. He's not really a captain.
Speaker 4: I just yeah, he's in everything, he says, Captain Mayhew because he wears a cape in his spare time.
Speaker 6: What it is. Seriously, he's an idiot, but he was actually part of everything.
Speaker 4: So that's tam. Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Janet? I just want to say thank you. And instead of drunk test texting, we've got HEII texting.
Speaker 5: My mind at three am.
Speaker 1: Everyone suffered with me scarier. That was awesome. That was This was really a fantastic discussion. It was way more in depth than I thought it was going to be, and it was a perfect way to start. It was really good, Janet. I liked the idea. That was good. I met a level playing poem on Instagram, and we have our charismatrue store dot com and I just started I've actually started posting I think I meant this last time and at hacking hoaxes on Instagram. I started doing the nuke hoax nuke weapons hoax, and I've only got about maybe ten or twelve now, but I've got about one hundred and thirty slides already that I'm ready to just start because it is just it's it's so there's so much to.
Speaker 4: Expose.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's good.
Speaker 3: I love it when Tam exposes herself.
Speaker 4: There's a whole nother show coming up and.
Speaker 1: Laugh. Thank you, guys. I mean my cheeks were hurting, my stomach was hurting. This things me that too.
Speaker 4: The balance, Right, that's what we're here for, right, Lift each other up, build each other up, and make each other laugh whenever we can, because that's important too. So beautiful ladies, I love you all, so so so very much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here, for uh doing your priorates and educating the masses.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And I hope people are not whiney. Jonas will come for you, so for me, for Julia, for Heidi, and for tamor We'll see you next time. Have a great win, and thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: There's a long black train coming down the line. The off souls that are long stand prime rails, off sin, not only evil remainds. Watch our brother for that long black train. Look to the head and you can look to the sky, you can find redemptions. Turn back into your eyes. There is protection. Running their speeds the same, burning your ticket for that long black train