Speaker 1: You hear us talk about ways to unlock VIP membership through your Apple account and the Apple Podcast app, and also through Patreon or Spotify. To unlock a full VIP membership with full access to archives and ad free website and customizable podcast feeds that are compatible with the Apple Podcast app and many iOS and Android apps, along with streaming ability right from our ad free mobile site, go to pwtorch dot com slash go VIP. That's pwtorch dot com slash go VIP That'll give you all the details on everything you're missing out on by not being a VIP member, the whole array of VIP exclusive podcasts like The Way Keller news bulletins, our post pay per view roundtables, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, Everything with Rich and Wade, and an array of other shows with different hosts and different themes, along with unlocking our archives dating back nearly four decades nearly two thousand. Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletters over two decades, a podcast on demand dating back to the mid two thousand, starting with pay per view roundtables of fascinating retro radio shows, including many that I hosted in the nineteen nineties and an ad free website. Exclusive content on that website only for VIP members written and audio, and a lightning fast, smooth, AD free VIP mobile site for all of our content. Don't miss out on all the benefits. Treat yourself to a VIP membership. Pw torch dot com slash Go VIP, go all the way, Go VIP. Pw torch dot com slash Go VIP.
Speaker 2: PWT Talks and XTalk.
Speaker 3: N X.
Speaker 2: And Welcome to another episode of PWT Talks and x T. I'm your host for the evening, Nate Lindberg. Check the things I do out at Nate Lindberg dot com. This is gonna be an interesting show tonight because he was able to do the report but not able to do the show and about oh.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Five ten minutes before it was time to do the show or to watch NXT tonight, I'm on call and I had to jump on a zoom call and take care of some business until about a minute before Kendall got her head busted open, So I had things on in the background.
Speaker 4: I saw most of what was going on, but couldn't really pay attention.
Speaker 2: So I'm here to kind of host the show tonight, and the man to talk about everything is our guy, the Professor Kevin Pikatany PhD. Kevin, thanks for filling in for Kelly tonight.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm so honored to be here. I'm ready to ready to help shepherd the show to a successful run here.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean, I'm sure I'll still have things to say and talk about and whatnot and bustle.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Also, if you didn't check it out, I was able to host Wrestling Night in America for SummerSlam Night two, So if you haven't checked that out yet, go and check it out and see what Paul Waggle and I had to say all about SummerSlam. But tonight it's NXT. I'm back in the NXT seat. Holy crap, Kendall Gray got busted open in that main event. So Kevin and I were talking for a little bit before went on the air. I'm pretty sure it was an ear drum or something along those lines. There's right after the ref started wiping the blood away.
Speaker 4: From her ear.
Speaker 2: The first time you can kind of see it. I went back to double check, and I'm pretty sure I saw blood just pouring out of her ear canal.
Speaker 4: So a little scary. I hope she's okay. Obviously, they let her go.
Speaker 2: Ahead and continue the match, where she did pick up the victory over Lola Ice in what I'm assuming is Lola ICE's farewell to NXT. It kind of felt that way towards the at the very end, where you know, they gave each other a hug and she raised her hand, she raised Kendall's hand, kind of signaling that she is the she is the champion, the rightful champion, and and whatnot. Usually when we see something like that, it's a main roster call up. There's been kind of rumblings that that might be the case, but who knows, we may wind up seeing Lola again next week. Kevin, what did you think of the match? But moreover, do you think that they should have potentially stopped the match rather than allowing her to continue? She looked like she might have potentially been concussed. Obviously with just a quick EVL you know at ringside, I'm not a medical guy. I fixed computers for a living, But I don't know if you'd know right off the bat if she's actually concussed or not. She'd seemed to, you know, be stumbling around and not really being able to walk stand up. I don't know if that was selling or if her equilibrium was, like, really.
Speaker 3: That messed up.
Speaker 2: So since you're the one with doctor in your name, well, what is your diagnosis? I know it's a different type of doctor, but what is your diagnosis?
Speaker 3: Asterisk asterisk.
Speaker 5: Nothing that's about to come out of my mouth should be construed as medical advice in any way. Make sure we cover the legalities there. I can for sure say she got her bell rum. I while I am an academic doctor, I do have a fair amount of experience in things like athletic training and exercise science and that sort of thing. And no two concussions present the same way. There are general sort of signs that that's probably what happened, but the way in which someone gets hit their body all the all the factors play in, so there's no way for sure to tell. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that it was a low grade one, because the higher grade ones typically result in you being out for a while. It was quite a bit of blood pouring out of her ear, as you mentioned, and I I certainly they had the ref checking on her, and then I saw the medical guy attending to her, and I have to believe, especially with as many cooks are in the kitchen from the administrative payroll money side, that they would not have let her continue if it was something dire Now ruptured ear drum is not good. That will require rest and and and.
Speaker 3: Some evaluation by.
Speaker 5: An actual medical professional, probably an ears, nose and throat physician. But it's not It certainly is not career ending. It's probably not even it. She'll be out a week if that, but it was bad and she definitely, I don't know if it was I couldn't tell what the strike was that did it, but it definitely was something that probably should not hit the side of her head. And you know, I think there were a couple of hits in the match tonight, and I imagine you probably saw a couple as you were checking back in and forth, But there were a couple of hits that to me look like they landed in not the adequate or not the proper spot. And I think that that comes with the territory of this this type of match. Because the lights are much lower, there's no ropes, I would imagine spatial awareness is thrown off just slightly. There were a couple of back suplexes that that Kendall did that I thought were really close to the edge that probably wouldn't normally have been had the ropes been there. And so I wonder if there's sort of a host of those things that contributed to some of those lack of timing. I know that that Lola delivered a spinning kick to Kendall that looked like it hit her in a in a very real sense, and maybe not in a spot where she's more protected, So I know it was an accident. I don't imagine that Lola was actually trying to hit her head off her neck alla Mortal Kombat. But it definitely was an accident, and and there was there was a price, a physical price to be paid.
Speaker 2: So street Fighter, they're hocking street Fighter, not Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 5: Well, but you don't see blood and street Fighter. You see the blood in Mortal Kombat. A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I just thought of the joke, had to say it. So, No, it wasn't actually strike at all. It was when when Kendall was up on the apron, Lola kind of knocked her down and she like hit her head off of the steel steps she immediately grabs her hand or grabs her ear with her hand, and you could actually see three drops of blood land on the side of the steel steps pile driver repeat in the chat.
Speaker 4: That was really that was real. I thought it was a work.
Speaker 2: I hope it was a work, and I hope that they have some amazing new special effects that can make it seem like less of a work and make it seem real, because yeah, I don't want to see her injured, obviously, but I'm fairly confident that was real. Like I said at the beginning, you could after the ref was wiping the blood away from her ear and out of her ear, it just immediately pulled right back up. I don't really see how they could get like a mechanism or something in her ear to spew blood out like that. So yeah, I hope she's okay. A couple of things that, you know, again, I fix computers for a living, not people. But you know, I did notice, like you know, Kendall, she's going for a superkick on somebody that might be concussed.
Speaker 4: You've got her.
Speaker 2: You've got Kendall getting thrown out of the ring and taking a bump onto the outside. It might have might have been a front bump too, not a back bump. It might have been a front bump. I think where she might be concussed. I don't know, I I personally, maybe it's just me.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like the match either should have been changed up a little bit, they should have gone home a little earlier or just scrapped it, and you know, for her sake.
Speaker 1: But did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite weight color podcasts and People you Torched daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the Way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Way Keller Post shows, the Weaykeller Podcast, Flagship, our Flashbacks, and also the pw Torch daily cast lineup. Again, all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience. But with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Wadkeller news bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that's tough, Nate, because if you're Fortion is right that this was Lola's farewell. Now again, I'm not saying put the match over the health of the performers, but we needed to finish.
Speaker 2: This is the company that went on and continued over the edge ninety nine.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, was that the match where literally was that the Steve Austin neck?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: That was when Owen died?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, okay, that's extreme, but yeah, wasn't there a Steve Austin or he either got dropped on his head or knocked on his head, but he was supposed to win, and so like he's lying there paralyzed, and like the guy threw himself underneath to get pinned so that they got the right it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was also Owen, But yeah it was when Owen spike Austin on his neck and Austin paralyzed and then had to do the weakest schoolboy thrown demand to get the win. But yeah, I don't know. I hope I'm wrong and that I'm I thought it was real and they got me.
Speaker 4: But but man, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That said, uh, you know, injury aside, you know, I still think this is a good match. I if this is a real injury and it is the ear drum, you know, there were definitely moments where she's stumbling in things, and you know that that kind of looked like there was one of the supplexes, like you said, that got really close to the edge. I don't know if those would have necessarily happened. I have no idea, no idea if you know, if they would have happened if she was not injured or not so, But I mean, overall, I think it was a good match.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Lola.
Speaker 2: If this is Lola's swan song, you know, I think this is a good way for her to go out. In a way I wish she didn't go out, and if this is her last match. I wish she didn't go out in an underground match because that was her match and she was undefeated, So she can't continue to say she's undefeated to bring that match stipulation to the main roster. I mean, she can still bring it to main roster, but you can't say she's undefeated.
Speaker 4: That said, though, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Like Kendall so far as champion. I want a little bit more out of her. You know, we've talked about what is who is she? What is her character other than she likes cake and she's happy to be here, and she's you know, done a whole you know, she's obviously got there through you know, hard work and dedication and things like that. But you know, I do want to see some more character work and more and more character development out of her, because I think the current iteration of this character is going to wind up getting eaten up on the main roster and kind of fade into the background.
Speaker 4: So all right, anything else on the underground.
Speaker 3: No, I Uh.
Speaker 5: I always like the part of those matches I like is trying to pick out who's who around the ring. Uh, And of course for me, there were some familiar LFG faces around there that haven't really got a lot of TV time yet. But some of them even I didn't recognize, So they could be some of the recent signees or the nil people who are getting work in. But it's always try to fund always fun for me to try to pick people out of the crowd that way.
Speaker 2: Come on, those two, they're not just people. They picked out of the crowd and threw them around.
Speaker 5: Yes, I pardon me, pardon Row Row thirteen, Section B was the lucky Row tonight, come on down.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, let's uh, let's keep on moving on, let's talk and well, you know what, We're just gonna go Mayle do matches and then segments rather than move around a little bit. So go backwards here, Key new Carver, as Booker T would say, Uh, Keanu Carver versus e K prospers or Keanu Carver went over about ten minutes thirty nine seconds. This was their third singles match. E K Prosper had gone over on Keanu Carver in their prior to matches this, so what I did see of the match, I do like the fact that if they're going to go this way and they're going to have a smaller guy get over on Keanu Carver. They're playing it as like e K has his number. It's hard for Ek to get it over like e K had to win with you know, roll up or schoolboy or something like that, and so it kind of really shows how e K is either I don't know, maybe playing even inadvertently playing a mental game with him because he can't seem to catch him and.
Speaker 4: You know, keep him down.
Speaker 2: But I if they're going to tell the story, I kind of like the story development throughout the course of the match that kind of tells you the story.
Speaker 4: As I was outlining.
Speaker 2: There, I still can't stand the name me K Prosper. I'll say it again, but is what it is? Good fella in the chat says this role the roll up felt weird. It kind of did. Granted I wasn't looking at the screen when the roll up actually happened. I was resetting passwords for people at work, but whatever, another story for another day.
Speaker 4: But when I looked over and I saw.
Speaker 2: The replay, I was kind of like, ah, man, if Cano was going to get the win. I wish it was more definitive win, more power, like some sort of a powerhouse move or something like that.
Speaker 4: But I'm assuming they have.
Speaker 2: More story to tell here, because it does not feel like the story is done. So for the person that watched the match, let's find out what you thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 5: Think it was a good You know, certainly if if they didn't think that these two gentlemen worked well together, they wouldn't be building a series with them. And you can tell that they they very much work the big man smaller man's style very well. And Kean, who certainly has the power game figured out n.
Speaker 3: E K is.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, the faster, the more nimble competitor. So so yeah, I thought the match was good. I too wish that it had a considering that Kean who went over, that there should have been some sort of more, more of a power ending, because I do think even if you want them to wrestle again, a roll up or something like that, like you're not protecting the series by having him win that way, Like you could have had him use his finish, do do a power of something to cement the fact that he's the power guy. So I thought that the ending was weird too, and even dare I say, even like looked a little rushed. Maybe so we won't know, but it certainly did look look fishy. You know, I I as I look at both of those guys, and you and Nate mentioned it about Kendall needing to really sort of set herself apart as a character. I worry about both of the gentlemen in this match because, as we've talked about before, Keanu is is very uh has has similarities to our good friend the BROCKX slayer Obafemi, And I think e K has a very similar look and a similar vibe to Leon Slater. And I know we haven't seen Leon on NXT lately, but you you, you as an organization need to start finding ways for these folks to really build on an element of themselves that will set them apart, especially when you know, you would hate for any one of them to be called a diet coke version of right, like they shouldn't be their own individuals and be able to separate themselves, and so in that way, I just hope they're keeping an eye on that for those those two men's sake, because you would hate for them to be in a shadow that they didn't really know existed.
Speaker 3: When maybe they could have been doing more to establish themselves.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey, everyone, longtime PW Torch commist Sean radikin here to let you know I've rebamped and renewed their Ratticant Worldwide podcast for twenty twenty six, a weekly VIP exclusive. Every week, I break down four or five of the biggest trending topics in pro wrestling. I also present my analysis, providing insight that helps you understand the story better or see it another way. Then maybe is the controversial takeout there? Then I bring on a special guest for the second half of the podcast. Sometimes it's a wrestler or someone else who works in the business. Other times it's a guest analyst who brings their specialized point of view out a particular key topic in the news. Recent guests have included Bronson Reid from WWE and PCO. One of my areas of specialty is the Japan wrestling scene, so I often cover a big topic from Japan with PW Torch, his own Alan Farrell, Kelly Wells, and Chris Lansdell. I don't just cover the news. I don't just riff on the news or give a standard hot take. I'll bring my decades of studying this industry and talking one on one with dozens of wrestling promoters to each week's show, so you understand not just what's happening, but the context of why get ahead of the news, get ahead of the pack with Radking worldwide only at PW Torch vip.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: And I completely agree with you. It's one of the Actually I think it's it's criticism. I've had a boat both e K Prosper and Canton Carver, COUNTU Carver. You've got three people on the episode that all feel exactly the same, not the episode and the roster raither that to me all feel very similar. I don't want to say the same, but very similar. You've got Jasper, Troy, Keanu Carver, and now Sequon Sugars. They're all kind of playing, you know, kind of that hard type gangster type character. They are distinctly different, but I don't feel like they're different enough. And they were all into all three of them were really introduced, and I say, Saquon, I'm talking Sequon's singles run but not necessarily as part of the Dark State. But it's all within, you know, a handful of months of one another, so I feel like they could kind of get muddied and heck, you could even lump OTM in there too, like OTM is kind of a similar gimmick to what they're going on there. So either throw them all in a stable so it makes more sense, but I don't necessarily want them to do that. More of a joke than anything, but I'd like to see him have a little bit more differentiation between the three of them. And then, like you said, Leon Slater was the one that came to mind, but it may as well have because it was Javon Evans that came to.
Speaker 4: Mind, you know, e K it was.
Speaker 2: I think it was the week after Javan got called up, maybe, if not the week after. A couple of weeks after you have that. E K Prosper got his name and was featured on an XT proper pun very much intended. Well that wasn't a pun because not Proper, it was Prosper. I'm an idiot, but that's fine.
Speaker 4: But once you know he.
Speaker 2: Dropped the Eli Knight name and became a K Prosper, it almost and I think we I think Kelly and I said it on that show or whoever was on that show with me that day. It felt like they were just trying to replace Yvon Evans, and I'm sure they work to a point, but like you said, I I right now e K Prosper, especially with that stupid name, feels like the TMU version of Javon Evans, and that's that's a shame, because he really is a very talented competitor, the great wrestler, both on the indies and so far.
Speaker 4: What we've seen you here in NXT, well, what.
Speaker 5: I tell you, Nate, if you look at Goodfella's comment relating to finding your character, you know, I think a lot of this does come back.
Speaker 3: And I know that this is this comment.
Speaker 5: I don't know that you and Kelly and others have focused on it so so much on this show, but especially on the main roster shows. And I think in general about w WE, A lot of that even comes from their music, like and how generic most of the n XT Newish folks's music is, where you know, thank goodness the jumbo tron has their name flash up on the screen or else. If we played the game of Okay, I'm going to play the first five notes, you tell me who it is, you're not going to know.
Speaker 3: And I think that's part of the issue too, is.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's up to the performer to craft out their identity, but I think more should be Kennon should be done on the part of the organization to help them with that. Yeah, and I think it starts with things like music and then of course the name. And unfortunately he did kind of get the short end of the stick in initializing his previous name and adding a ridiculous last name. But we also have bron Breaker, right, so I think there does need to be a bit more maybe on the let us help you help yourself.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, I agree, And I mean, you know, I think like e K Prosper actually chose the name, just like Cruz Montana chose the name. But as as Stevie Richards kind of always jokes around and he's talking about NXT guys on his show, they really need to stop letting the NXT guys choose their own name, guys and girls choose their own names, because man, sometimes well you wind up with ek Prosper.
Speaker 4: So there's that.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I don't think there's anything else that's gonna say there, So I think we can probably move on to the next match we had. Well, Kelly wrote swipe right, but I don't know if they're calling him swipe right anymore. So Vanity Project versus Miles Bourne and Tavion Heights. It was the swipe Right portion of the Vanity Project, Ricky Smokes and Brad Bayaylor. We have new tag team champions, Miles Bourne Tavion Heights. I did see the backstage segment with the two.
Speaker 4: Of them.
Speaker 2: Where Tavon, you know, they're kind of going back and forth, but you know, Miles being a double champion, Tavon's saying he's not sure what he's going to do if they lose the match tonight. For me, when I saw that, I thought that was telegraphing that they were going to lose the match, Tavion was going to turn on Miles and then challenge for the North American title, because that is what I've been thinking was going to be happening for a while. Is Tavian is going to somehow turn on and I still may at some point, but turn on Miles Burn and challenge for North American title. Didn't happen. They won the titles here tonight that they could still tell that story. We have seen champions win the belts before and then immediately get into a feud with one another.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell you the last time it happened, but.
Speaker 5: I know, I know if it was the last time it happened. But Bailey and Sasha went through that whole. Yeah they were tag champs, but one was an individual champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, so like I mean Zaria and soul Ruku to a point, although they weren't tag team champions, but but they kind of went through a very similar type of story.
Speaker 4: So yeah, they could still do that.
Speaker 2: But I also didn't think it was time for them to for Vanity Project to lose the belts, and that that actually kind of also may play into what I was just talking about. Maybe it really wasn't time for them to lose the belts. They just need to tell this story with Tavion Miles Born. Maybe we're gonna see Vanity Project in a rematch and win the belts back. Now we can say they're two time champions, and then you know, we'll see Tavion turn on Miles or vice versa. I think at Tavion on Miles but and then see them in a North American title feud leading in the heat Wave.
Speaker 4: That's my guess.
Speaker 2: But let me to you because the match itself I really did not get to see very much of it was on on my other monitor over here, but just in my peripheral vision. So let me throw to you on the match and your thoughts on where the new champions may lead and what do you think of my theory.
Speaker 5: Well, firstly, speaking of names, how has Ricky Smokes still been able to keep that name? That of all the names you know well, and that's also.
Speaker 2: The name that he used on the indies, So which really blows my mind because I figured, you know, did want to change that, or he'd want to change that, so you know, if and when he leaves, we you could keep it. But I'm very surprised Ricky Smokes is still Ricky Smokes.
Speaker 1: You know that last segment you're just listening to and the next one that you're waiting to listen to. Those can be one second apart. With the VIP membership, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our shows. Pw torch dot com slash Go VIP tells you how to do it. That's pw torch dot Com. Slash Go VIP options exist within the Apple podcast app using your Apple account through Patreon, which by the way, you can sync up with Spotify or just about any iOS or Android app. With a full VIP membership, you can customize the feed for individual shows and clusters of shows and themes. Go to PW torch dot com slash go vip for full details on all the options to listen commercial free and with upper tier options unlock our VIP exclusive podcast run throughout the week every week.
Speaker 5: Well and again, Ricky Saints wasn't around long enough for there to be a real issue. But even just in and of itself, Ricky Smokes is not exactly When I hear that name, I don't think about it as a WrestleMania main avenger, but I could be horribly wrong as far as the match goes. I there were four athletes in the ring, and I think that the energy was really good. Certainly there was a lot of great movement, a lot of great back and forth. Certainly Vanity Project know who they are, and they certainly work very well together. And and I'll apologize to the chat and to you Nate that I still get mixed up on what Bailey Humphrey's new name is.
Speaker 3: But I just love her, and I.
Speaker 5: Know huh my Luckwood okay, And I know that we'll get her segment when we get to the segment portion of the show.
Speaker 4: But you know, I feel free to throw it in if you'd like.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they'll they'll be time for it. But I just I think too. Oh.
Speaker 5: Also, quick, Nate, if you want a good fella just made a comment about Kendall's ear, So.
Speaker 2: Goodfellas has Kendall just dropped the short video for bloody ear. Looks like the inner part of her ears tore up.
Speaker 4: Okay, so maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: Maybe it isn't an ear drum or something.
Speaker 4: Maybe she just got the inside real.
Speaker 5: The one thing I do know with a wife who is a nurse is that head wounds always look worse than they are typically because of how many veins and capillaries and all that are running through your head. But yeah, she may have caught the corner of the stairs. She may have caught diamond plating to the side, and anything's possible.
Speaker 3: Sorry, So.
Speaker 5: I love Bailey's part of all this, Mike, excuse me, her part of all this, And I wonder if them losing the belts for now gives them a chance to develop that story a bit more. And I suppose we may as well as good Fellow just brought it up, but it sort of speaks to how that might go. Is that in that post match, as Vanity Project is yelling about everyone else's fault, Keanu walked past them on his way to the ring for his match, and there was a bit of an amorous stare between Micah and Keanu Carver with a bit of a lustful overtone. And so I'm sure next week we'll get a segment where they're going to look at her and go, what the hell is that?
Speaker 3: You know, what are you doing? YadA, YadA, YadA. So I think that they maybe want to this could be.
Speaker 5: A chance for them to help flesh her character out a little bit more, as she has done less wrestling and more valeting.
Speaker 3: To this point.
Speaker 5: And I think too, you know, we talk all the time that the performers are the ones who make the belt, and it shouldn't be the other way around. Vanity Project doesn't necessarily need the belts, you know. I think they're talented enough and they're young enough that WWE knows what they have in them, and as they continue to develop, they know that that that's going to continue to grow, And I think it's worth you know, this could be Tavion Heights's sink or swim, right. I think they know what they have in Miles Bourne, and they like him. He's the North American champ. But this could very much be ay, Okay, you're a champ. Now let's see if you are are rising to the level that we need you to on the mic and in the ring. And so maybe that maybe this is just a little test function for that. You know, I heard Vic at the beginning of the show say we've got four weeks until the next premium live event, and so maybe this is a four week tryout for him to say, you're going to have, you know, another another eight hours of television to show us why you continue to deserve to be this and we'll get the rematch set up and we'll see how it goes. But I think from what he was, he's Tavion's come a long long way from being a part of No Quarter Catch crew and I think that's a good sign.
Speaker 3: And of course they did.
Speaker 5: Put the belt on him, so that's an even better sign. And so yeah, I hope that they're able to take this ball and run with it because they seem to be a good team together, and I just hope that they're given some good defenses to really help show what they can do as a team.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to our Speed Women's Speed Championship match, which went to a draw in five minutes. Renson clear versus Zaria. I basically didn't see any of this, so I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Come toasts five minutes in the history of wrestling, Nate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean from what I what I saw, you know, and I glanced over at my other monitor to kind of see what was going on. You know, we looked like a looked like a pretty good match Zaria. I know, you know, one with an F five or no one with an F five. Rather she she hit the F five right at the very end, wasn't able to get the pen, and then hit it again after the match to kind of make a statement.
Speaker 4: But yeah, let me let me throw to you on on on this uh on the match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I know that that.
Speaker 5: Over the course of the Speed title's history, there's been some positives and some negatives that have been expressed by you and me and others in the PW Torch family in general. I'm a fan of the concept, you know, and I know that. You know, the main critique is, well, if you can have a whole match in five minutes, why can't every match be done in five minutes? And I think, like anything else, this is a match type that has a stipulation that forces a certain style of wrestling and rewards either U and here all for those of us in the crowd who maybe play fantasy games like Nate and I do, if I can use some magic the gathering terminology, right, it either favors an outright agro strategy or it favors a control strategy, And so I think it's an interesting Oh look at you here ready, my minor just out of reach or else I would fan them for you as well.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have one single setting over there.
Speaker 5: But you know, I think that that Wren is doing really well with him, you know, certainly when you when you know the stipulation is if she survives the matches champion, she gets a chance at the North American title. I can't imagine there were too many people in the room that that thought that Zaria was going to win it, because I think that's a match they want to build towards for that pay per view in four weeks. I do think, if I were to be critiquey, I do think the ending was unnecessarily clunky, right because.
Speaker 3: Zaria throws her out and then.
Speaker 5: Is like, oh crap, I've got to throw you back in, And I just I think if you wanted the time limit draw, there were other ways to do that that maybe didn't feel as clunky. With whatever it was eighteen or twenty seconds left. By the time she got thrown out, like, it was very clear you were not getting a pin at that point. Oh and pile driver Pete says their rematches next week. I must have missed that, but I'm sure it'll be more of the same. I do like and I know that we, you and I and Kelly and you and me and Kelly and and the whole crew were initially very high on Zaria, and then she got put in the tag team and didn't really get a chance to stand out. But I'm really liking her at her current iteration. I'm liking that she can be sort of a big bad and really live into the power that.
Speaker 3: She can do.
Speaker 5: And so I'm just excited that she's getting the shake as the champ, and so I'll be interested to see kind of how that rain continues to flow too, because if if the North American Championship is the Intercontinental equivalent at NXT, then then you're signaling to us that she can go and she's ready to go, and so hopefully that continues to be the case. But yeah, I liked how it ended in terms of the draw leading to Ren getting her chance at the North American title. And we'll see how they built to.
Speaker 2: It, all right, I believe it's our opening match. Yes, it was Jada Parker and THEA Hale versus Carmen Patrovick and Nikita Lyons. I saw, I saw entrances on this one, but this is when I was starting to get the scoop on what was going on at work and really started diving into that nearly two hour zoom call I was stuck on. So I'll I'll have to defer to you here again, but I will say I really love the idea of Jada Parker and THEA Hale. These are two women that I think are being underutilized right now, and I love them together. So I just think it's really cool to see them, you know, kind of pair these guys together and you see what suit they can do so. Plus, I feel like their their personalities are similar enough but vastly different where it just I don't know makes I think it could make for some really good TV if they continue to go this direction.
Speaker 7: So I'm Chris Maitland.
Speaker 8: I'm Justin McClellin.
Speaker 7: We host Wrestling Coast to Coast, a podcast with independal wrestling.
Speaker 8: Every week, Chris and I review a different show or talk about important topics from around the indie wrestling world.
Speaker 7: Learn about the hot underground stars and the future main eventors. For anyone else, you can reach us at Torchcoast to Coast at gmail dot com and me on Blue Sky at Mind of Maitland.
Speaker 8: You can reach me at Blue Sky at Justin McClelland.
Speaker 7: Find the show on your PW torch daily Cast podcast feed, search PW Torch on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 8: Also stream the latest shows on pwtorch dot com.
Speaker 4: So let me throw it to you for the match itself.
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't see it either, Just kidding, just kidding. All right, Well, that's a show. See you next time. No, I agree with you on the tag team, and I'm thinking as you were sort of working your way through that that. I think they represent the same emotion with a different type of stink right or as the kids say, stink.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: Certainly Jada Parker is more of the sort of that she has the cool factor, right like, she very much people respond well to her. She gives off a very cool vibe. And on the other side of that spectrum, Thea Hale has come to that emotion through a lot of trial and error, through a lot of you know, misplaced trust perhaps, and her backstory is part of Chase You and other things, and so they're sort of representing that same idea with just different backstories and different presentations. And I agree, I think they're sort of an oddball tag team in terms of kind of the eye test. But I thought they worked well together. And I think if you don't have anything for them as singles at the current moment, then put them together, because there are a good handful of women's tag teams that need work, and so fine, let's get them on TV and let's get them working.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that.
Speaker 5: Kelly delighted in every key stroke he had to make about out his best and favorite wrestler the the the Lioness herself. Yeah, hopefully he'll chime in on the chat here. We'll see if he's listening along. But you know, again, I like that Natty is sort of serving this role as a mentor. I know it's for a heel team, but it adds credibility to two women who started with a lot of fanfare and very quickly showed, you know, and then the bell rang sort of energy, and so I think that it does give them a little bit of credibility. I think it's very evident that they both have gotten better as wrestlers. You know, I'm sure that in addition to the performance center training, you know, as often as Cody and other people post pictures of the Dungeon, you know, training camps, I'm sure both of those women are in those dungeon training camps. And and you know, again Will Will, I think this is a point to bring up again and and and largely it's shake fist at COVID, but you know, the Coconut loop and when NXT was traveling with some regularity, you know, the death of the House show is really really showing itself both in the NXT level, at the main roster level, and I just think it's it's these women who are suffering, because otherwise they would be getting matches two or three days a week, right with two house shows and then the NXT show. And I know that NXT still tours a coconut loop light because my friends in Florida typically will go to them and post pictures. But it is not anywhere near as aggressive as it was pre COVID. And I know that NXT has not other than some of their plees. You know, they used to come to the Upper Midwest where I'm at maybe two or three times a year, and I don't think they've been back since I saw them in Des Moines maybe three years ago. And so again I think just that is hurting. And you know, if I could just put my marketing professional hat on just for a second, you know, I think it really speaks, It really speaks to that idea to me that when when Vince was running the show, he understood that how shows were a way of building your audience because more people could see the performers at a price point that is more advantageous to them. And the shame now with TKO is they're not looking at it from a marketing growth perspective. They're looking at it from a marketing cost perspective, and that's trucks and hotels and logistics that have to be paid to do these things. And so it's all been scaled back because of the fact that instead of making forty billion dollars this year, we're gonna we would make thirty nine point eight billion.
Speaker 3: Dollars with house shows.
Speaker 5: And I'm exaggerating slightly, but you understand where I'm going with this. So I do think that that's the crime in all of this is less reps off camera means more more of this. But again, I thought the match went great.
Speaker 3: I love that the.
Speaker 5: Faces were able to overcome several instances of interference by Natty. And I love that she's, like I said, she's there, you know, lending herself to this because you know, she can very easily pull the do you know who I Am?
Speaker 3: Card?
Speaker 5: It wouldn't get her very far, but she could pull it, and she's not. She's choosing to invest in the future, and I think that says a lot about her.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to our non match segments here. So we had Tony di'angelo, Grays and Waller curuz My Montanna. I'm just reading bullet points here because I again barely saw the show tonight, but so I guess. Tony DiAngelo confronted Grace and Waller over last week's attack on a verbal attack on the on the NXT roster, Waller positioned himself is the money fight and claimed DiAngelo's championship should be his route back to prominence. D'Angelo walk mocked Waller for being the only member of the twenty twenty one War Games team who never became champion. Montana accused Waller fighting solely for attention while Montana fights for the people who depend on him. Dangelo pros proposed Waller versus Montana in a Number one Contenders match, which was officially announced for next week, with the winner challenging D'Angelo at heat Wave. So let me ask you, how did this whole segment actually come across? Did Waller continue to be as far as I'm concerned fight on the MIC? I thought that promo last week was absolutely fantastic. I've seen a lot of criticism for it on the internet over the last week or so, you know, and I think it's a mix of people not quite understanding the promo. You know, and I guess taking it either taking it at face value or not quite understanding what they're doing with it, or they just kind of see Grayson Waller as way low on the card. But I thought this was a great way for him to reinvent himself and inject life into a somewhat lackluster men's roster, which is something we've talked about on the show before, you know, in recent weeks months. So I think I think overall, I really like Grayson Waller. What he did last week? Did he continue to do that tonight? And what I'll what else do you think of a segment?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought tonight. So Grayson is a fantastic talker. I think that is one of his gifts, is his ability to not only work a crowd, but work his character verbally. I think tonight, I don't think we I don't want to say it wasn't as strong it There were several times if you looked on his face, the stuff that Tony DiAngelo was saying really cut him. Now, I do believe it's all in character, Like I don't. I don't think that there was not any personal attack there. But for as much bravado as he showed last week in that promo that made all the headlines as Tony d started doing the all right, fine, but what have you really done? Like you could definitely see it.
Speaker 3: Hit hit.
Speaker 5: Hit him in a way that you know, prior to now maybe you saw. And of course, love, love, love the character that is Cruise Montana. I'm very thankful that he chose something like Cruse and not the obvious Tony if I can give a nod to Scarface there. But you know, I think his character for a while has been the I'm not just wrestling for me. I'm wrestling for my family, I'm wrestling for the mouths that I'm feeding. I'm doing it for something bigger than myself, and I think that really resonates with fans right where many of us are working jobs and doing things for the benefit of those we care about and they count on us, and so I think that that makes him instantly relatable. And I think from a personality standpoint, so like you mentioned the lackluster roster, and I agree with you because when I think of right as you said that, my brain immediately flashedback.
Speaker 3: To the lineage that is the NXT title.
Speaker 5: And when you think about the people who have held this title, and then you get to twenty twenty six. Tony D'Angelo. To me, now he is a very competent performer. But to me, that's not a name that's carrying a roster now. Is there another name currently that can or should be? I also don't know. I think you're your point is well met that it is a very Those last round of call ups really hurt.
Speaker 3: The talent ballance and the men's side of things.
Speaker 5: But I do think that Cruz is someone who has a bit more name recognition across wrestling in general. I think people have followed his work in TNA for the spell that he was there. I know he popped up in Japan a couple of times when he was with Ortiz, and so maybe it is the right call to have him win and sort of carry this division for a bit. But I do agree where did it go? Oh, provided that Goodfellow was talking about Tony D and getting lost. I think if if in the next four to six weeks this is Tony D's call up, I agree. I don't think that he is enough to stand out against the very clear characters of the main roster, But perhaps I'm mistaken and there's something that we're not seeing that just needs a little tweaking when he gets there. So, you know, I like the segment. I like the three the very different approaches by all three of those men. Quite honestly, I think we're heading for everybody's favorite match, the Triple Threat, because with the weeks to build until heat Wave, I would imagine that next week is going to be some sort of no finish, So then they'll do it again the next week and then try to get more time out of this build excuse me, building the heat Wave and then of course, and then and Goodfellow just used the name again too. Why do we have a very recent IWGP champion not sniffing that title scene like insistently, like he's got it and he needs to be there too. So I think that's also perhaps an oversight by the group, But I'm not the one paying the bills or making the decision.
Speaker 1: So iPhone users, if you're listening to us on the Native podcast app on your iPhone, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our free show by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts. You'll see a charcoal grade logo that says PW Torch VIP on it. Click on that there's some free samples of VIP shows and you can unlock the entire VIP lineup, which includes VIP exclusives plus commercial free versions of the free shows, by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts and clicking on the PW Torch VIP logo and then activate your three day free trial and after that you can become a VIP member using your Apple account. It's that easy. Enjoy a streamline listening experience to our free shows and unlock all the VIP exclusives, including our post pay per view roundtables, the wad Keller news bulletins, Everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, and a variety of other VIP exclusives. Just search PW Torch in your Apple podcast app.
Speaker 3: What do you thinking all of that? Oh? I think you're on mute Nate yep, I was.
Speaker 2: The train went by, so I muted myself and forgot time.
Speaker 4: You and myself.
Speaker 2: No, so Naraku, you know he's he's had the couple, you know, the couple runs chances at the title, and we haven't actually seen him since, so maybe he'll come back. And try to challenge for the title or whatnot. But that was one of my criticism criticisms about him challenging and losing for the title twice, is what does he do next? You know, we figure he's probably gonna be an NXT short term. You know, you know, he was the one who actually requested to go to NXT rather than the main roster, So I'm assuming the company wants him on the main roster. He just wanted to take his time in NXT and make sure he learned the right things and the right way to do things.
Speaker 4: In w w E.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I I I would assume you'd want to put him in the main title picture, like you said, former ii WGB champion. You know, a lot going on over in New Japan, and so why not utilize that and rather than let him sit at home or in catering. I'm assuming I don't know, but wherever he is with. But you know, I can't find any flault with what you said either, you know, regarding the other three. I mean, so Tony D'Angelo, you know, we never thought he'd be NXT champion because of his prior gimmick, you know, the mafioso gimmick. I was a lot higher on that gimmick than I think a lot of a lot of us that hosts the show. But I just like the mafioso type gimmick, so it appealed to me. But I even I didn't think it was going to be a w W or an NXT championship gimmick. This version of Tony D'Angelo w W NXT champion. Absolutely he is now and I think he's doing a fair job. He's not, you know, I don't think he's gonna go down history. He's the best NXT champion. I don't think he's gonna and History is the worst NXT champion, solidly in the middle there. But what happens when he inevitably goes up to the main roster, I don't know. I I think if he goes back to the fire that he had when he re debuted this version of Tony D'Angelo, but when he, you know, basically came back and said he wanted the title, there were two things he wanted to do, take care of Dark State and get the title. If we saw that version, that hungry version of Tony D'Angelo and the main roster, maybe I still do. I'm still not positive it would go over well. I think it would need to be booked right against the right opponent and whatnot, but that could work. I am worried about him when he gets up on the main roster with this particular character, I think he might he may just easily fade into the background, similar to Carrion Cross, Killer Cross, you know, something like that, assuming that they don't put him in like, you know, a skirt and mask when he debuts. But there's that on the main roster. Grayson Waller, Yeah, like I already said, I think he's a great addition to the NXT roster. I talked a lot about it last week. But you know, he hasn't been doing much on the main roster, so why not let him debut kind of like get this side of himself out there, build that character up so when he does go back to the main roster or a w TNA wherever he winds up next, he'll be able to use that and kind of hopefully become more of a main event player.
Speaker 4: But if he.
Speaker 2: Continues to do what he's what he did last week and presumably what he did tonight, I think we might have something with Grayson Waller. I, I was so impressed with that promo last week, you know, so yeah, I'm really happy.
Speaker 4: To see him doing that.
Speaker 2: So goodfella, says when ranking the all time NXT champions, I wouldn't be surprised if Tony was on the bottom of my list, even Bodallas cooked for a while. Yeah, I mean, totally fair, totally fair, you know, really if again, you know, I'd have to actually look at the list of champions.
Speaker 4: I used to be able to name them off all the top.
Speaker 5: Of champions held the belt for fifteen months. Yeah, and you didn't have every every six to eight months a flip of some kind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so all right, let's uh, let's keep moving. I'm gonna I'm gonna throw a couple of the match here, so we're not just because we got a few segments that we were not going one by one, so h we see the cracks continue with OTM Bronco, Neema and Lucian Price attempted to discuss Nima's work with Paris to mal In Triple A. Uh I described the group as name was backup plan and suggest that he might need plans of his own. Birthright interrupted, leading Price to accept the singles match against Lexis King. The story strongly teased problems between them and Price, so you know, and and if memory service, I kind of did see part of this. I think Price called Price, called this his backup plan, Lexus his backup plan, So you know, I don't know, I'm not I don't really like the idea of splitting OTM up. I'm hoping if they kind of do something different with them. You know, maybe they do kind of have their little singles runs, doing their own separate thing, but they're still affiliated with one another, and they don't break up the group because I think they work.
Speaker 4: Really well together.
Speaker 2: So OTM and then we'll throw to Mason Rook in Cam Hendricks brawling backstage, I guess Mason Rook confronted Grayson Waller on his criticism of the NXT roster, and as right as Grace and Waller was about to give his response, Cam Hendricks attacked Rook from behind and the two had to be separated. So let me let me throw to you for those two.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I so on the on the topic of OTM, I I don't think that either one is distinct enough that a split would do any good for anybody, And and of course, uh, you know, there's something to be said for trying to let them swim on their own a little bit. But I think that their strength as it stands now is in the in the team and not in being single stars, because I don't think either of them then to me, they both fall into the same mold as a jasper try And now you've got three of those guys, and I think as a tag team they have a chance to really stand out as one of those just big bruiser tag teams that that the roster's kind of lacking right now, And so I don't think that a split up should happen. But also if we remember back to our dear friends Fhraxium, who for the better part of about eight months teased dissension and breakup and cracks, and here we are two years later and they're still together, rocket and rolling. So you know, we'll see how it plays out, but I don't think splitting them up would be a good idea. And then the Mason Rook, Cam Hendricks, Grayson Waller, Shenanigans. I think the thing that stuck out to me most about that was that there was there was a hesitation and I'll see if Pete and or a goodfellow were paying attention. When Cam Hendricks first hits Rook in the back of the head, there is this weird hesitation where Waller almost was going to like jump in and kind of comes back and Cam. I think Cam Hendricks flashed the camera like I think he looked right in the camera's face as like a oh did I come into early? Did I come into eight? And then goes and hits him again off camera, and I was like, oh, buddy, that's probably not the best way to get people behind the camera to be happy with what's going on. But I think he did look like right at the camera as one of those like deer in the headlights, sort of like you're a lot closer than I thought you would be, and here I am trying to beat this guy up sort of deal. But yeah, Rook is another one that similar to Naraku that you brought him in with a lot of pomp and he's not been pumping. And that's not his fault, right, There's just a lot of people that need to be on TV, and there's a lot of people they need to give time to, and so I think he's another one that's suffering. And you know, I suppose any TV time is better than no TV time, But you know, I want him in the in the in the ring, wrestling and getting the people behind him, not tussling with you know, a person he's going to be wrestling anyway, you know, in the break room of of of the performance center.
Speaker 3: So I don't know that.
Speaker 5: They're doing right by either of them that well anyway, but you know time will tell hopefully.
Speaker 9: So need an extra dose of positivity in your wrestling podcasts? Will come join me Alan fourrel Over in the Progress Paradise at Peterwood Torch VP as we mask on the bright side of wrestling and focus on some of the great matches and shows from around the world, be it the US, Japan, Europe or Mexico. There's always a place for wrestlings past in the Paradise too, and we've done fun historical shows such as the We Love Liger series celebrating the glorious career of Jusi and Thunderlighter, and Our Eyes There When shows where our guests will join me to talk about a classic bout that they were in attendance for. We love variety and you can expect lots of it at the Progress Paradise. Detailed pterwoth Torch VIP subscription information on a list of all the VIP benefits is available at pterbrew torch vip info dot com. And yes, all VIP podcasts are compatible with popular podcast apps on iPhone and Android devices, or you can stream them directly from our ad free VIP mobile site.
Speaker 3: See you in the Paradise.
Speaker 4: And then we'll go to.
Speaker 2: The calling is Lizzie Rain and Seawan Spears backstage. The calling continued antagonizing Lizzy Rain despite Lisey defeating Izy Dame last week. Seawn Spears came to Rayne's defense and said that he has a match. He talked to mister Stone, who got a match made between he and Rain versus the culling Rain said she didn't trust him and fears and basically said that if he doesn't keep his nose clean, match could become three on one pretty quick. So there's that, and then I'll also throw Dark the Dark State segment atcha. Dion Lennox was criticized by the other two members of Dark State for becoming complacent. Lennox was particularly or sorry uh not becoming he said that Dean Lennox said that they were becoming complacent. Rather, Lennox was particularly angry about Grayson Waller calling the group soft, and he announced that Dark State would deal with Saquan Sugar Sugars next week. So the Dark State segment and the Culling and Lizzie Rain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, firstly, I need to know if I can get the shirt that that Grayson Waller was wearing. I got such a kick out of that shirt or quartersip whatever it was that I want to buy one of those immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Again, both of these segments were just kind of okay, you know what I mean, Like the Culling has become such a shell of what it was, and even when it was in its heyday, was it really a power mover? Probably not, you know. To me, this is really just sort of keeping the Lizzy Rain Izzy Dame thing moving forward and it's more of a backdrop for that. And then Dark State, you know what I mean, Like I feel like, you know, they're they're trying and then they're they're trying to push them in a couple of directions to keep their storyline fresh, but I don't in my humble opinion, And again it's not my money and it's not my decisions, but I think it's probably time to cut bait and see if we can't do something with these three guys that'll give them more of a chance to shine, because, similar to Retribution, their faction isn't okay us bringing. They're not feared. They're just three guys in black clothing who huff and gruff a lot about being the chaos.
Speaker 3: Without actually being the chaos.
Speaker 5: So the segments were fine, they got the people on television, but again, I want to see Lizzie Rain in the ring. I love her finish, I want to see more of that. I don't want her in the back chit chatting with the the the shell of the culling and goodfella, how dare you leave bj sexy Ray.
Speaker 3: In catering where he belongs?
Speaker 2: I mean, So that's one of my biggest complaints with with Dark State is you know, they when they debuted, it felt like they were this faction that was going to upset the very core of NXT, and that was the way they were presented, and they've never done that. They did maybe a little bit in TNA, especially going into Bound for Glory last year, but that was about it. They've had their moments, but for the most part, Yeah, I think it just might. It's either time to pull the trigger on Dark State finally and make them do something that does shake up the core of NXT, or.
Speaker 4: Let them do something else. I don't think dark State's working.
Speaker 2: I don't think it has worked from the get go, And to be honest, I can't believe it's a year and a half on maybe two years now talking about dark State. I didn't think the faction would last as nearly as long as it did or as it has. All right, then we have two more segments. One was that hilarious Shiloh Hill injury updates segment I did. I did catch all of that, basically a little pre tape segment where he said that he part of his skull is fractured. He mentioned the name of the bone, couldn't tell you what it was. His face is broken, guys, his face is broken. He's going to be out of action for a little bit. But he said he it's given him plenty of time to research things online and started just kind of spouting out random facts on you know, people on the roster. Even brought up the fact that Pat Patterson won the intercontinental title in a tournament in Rio de Janeiro, yet nobody has any record or proof or photos or anything about it. And I just thought, you know, great, if you know you know, I'm sure everybody listening to this probably does.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was great.
Speaker 2: Shiloh continues to just be an unnational treasure and I can't wait for him.
Speaker 4: To heal up and it back.
Speaker 2: So we had that, and then Robert Stone was shown speaking by the phone about the availability of an unnamed free agent, but we don't know who it is.
Speaker 4: So on Shiloh and who.
Speaker 3: You think it is? Remember with Robert Stone, I don't know. I don't know at this point.
Speaker 5: If they're willing to bring Grace and Waller back, it could be a main roster person that is not getting a lot of work. You know, unrelated to tonight's episode, but related to NXT and WW in general. Do we need to create a milk carton for Jordan Grace? I continue to lament, how awful. Not since Shanna Basler have they bungled something that was so just ready made and had had had all the pieces ready to go.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I.
Speaker 5: You know the thing I think that stuck out to me about the Shiloh thing, And I think he's one of those characters, like you know, watching him on LFG, you know, for as much of the real person you think you get to know about him, I think he's probably like this character you're seeing is him.
Speaker 3: Just a bit right?
Speaker 5: I bet if you took him to, you know, a bar and had wings, he'd probably be spouting off facts and that sort of thing. But I think the thing that stuck out to me for someone who in all the weeks leading up to this has continued to profess how intelligent he is and how well read he is, for him to have never heard about the maxilla bone in the face, Like that is a bone in the face, and anyone who has taken sort of anatomy one oh one learns about the bones in the skull, like I just the way he was like, oh, some very unknown bone called the maxilla, and I'm like what.
Speaker 3: And then on the list.
Speaker 2: I never did take anatomy one on one, So I don't feel bad not knowing about that bone.
Speaker 5: Good, But this gentleman purports to be this learned, well read person, and to learn that one of the primary bones in the face got fractured, and he's like very rare and I hadn't heard about this book that really stuck out to me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I like that.
Speaker 5: If this injury, of course is legit and he's going to be out a little bit, he's someone that needs to be on camera. They've got to find a way to continue to let his character be a part of it. And if it's going to be these sort of random fact of the day, was Shiloh good because, like I said, I think people really buy into him, that that is him, and I think he delivers on it very well.
Speaker 3: So whether it's a earthquaky.
Speaker 5: FaceTime video to the tune of what my six year old does when she talks to her grandmother as she's walking around the house, or in front of an actual camera for pre tape, all the same. I like him on camera and I think he's a character that they need, despite whether he's able to perform or not.
Speaker 2: So we just got my mom and iPhone. She's been an Android user forever, so now she's able to FaceTime and when she does, I get to stare up her nose.
Speaker 4: Yeh, she doesn't know to hold it up, like yeah.
Speaker 5: So my mom is a recent iPhone convert from the flip phone and still has trouble like flipping the camera and it's like I'm looking at her couch or it's just a gray screen and I'm like, Mama, you gotta hit I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I feel your pain.
Speaker 4: Yep yeph man.
Speaker 2: All right, well with that, that is going to bring us to our episode of PWT Talks NXT here tonight. I'm sorry I couldn't get more up. There's the train. I don't know if you can hear the train. Can you hear the train?
Speaker 3: I cannot hear the trend, but conditioning going behind me?
Speaker 4: All right? Good?
Speaker 2: So the noise canceling good enough? Where I mean that thing's blaring. I got the window open. I'm surprised you can't hear it. But yeah, sorry, I couldn't give a little bit more tonight. But uh, work kind of took my life away from me tonight. So there is that being on call every seven weeks sucks. And it's funny. I'm only on call once every seven weeks for a week and the only times I ever get called are Tuesday nights, and it's usually right beforecause this is maybe the third or fourth time where this has happened to me now over the last few years. But anyway, I'm Nate Lindberg. You can check the things I do at Nate Lindbergh dot com. As far as I'm aware, Kelly does not have a freaking excuse to not be here next week, so hopefully we'll get the band back together once again, Kevin. Even though Kelly wasn't here, there's nobody else I'd rather end about an hour or so talking wrestling with.
Speaker 4: So thank you very much for joining me.
Speaker 5: Man As always, it's always an honor to be asked. It's great to talk wrestling with you. I'm sorry that you had a work emergency, but I think we we did. We did great by the show and by the by the the product in general, so fear not. And yeah, unfortunately, I think I've I've told a lot of you by now that my Twitter account was hacked some days ago, and Twitter doesn't seem to be in a rush to help me figure that out. So if that's your primary means of communication, I'm not there right now, but certainly if you want, reach out through the chat and we can figure out a way to get a hold of me. So thank you as always for asking me. I look forward to the next time and until then, office hours are now over.
Speaker 2: I just got a discord message from job and I guess a little upset that that they're not my favorite person in the time. Yeah, yeah, so sorry Jovin second favorite.
Speaker 4: I don't know you guys are both.
Speaker 3: I'm not here to disrupt the harmony. I'm not breaking up a happy.
Speaker 4: Home here, all right, guys with that horseshoe.
Speaker 1: Your time is valuable. Go VIP and listen to our show's commercial free a nice streamline listening experience. Pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on a commercial free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website with VP exclusive content. Pw torch dot com slash go vip. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reasons we offer v IP membership. Pw torch dot com slash go vi ip. You can participate in the Wadekeller Pro Wrestling podcast by emailing your question or topic too. Wadkeller Podcast at gmail dot com. You can also participate in the way Keller Post shows by emailing Weadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com during or write after Raw Dynamite or smackdowne Let your voice, let your opinions be heard on our shows via email. Weightkeller Podcast at gmail dot com for the flagship and Wadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com for our post shows. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just high quality writing, breaking news and fascinating flashbacks every day at pw torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the vacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality PW Torch branded wrestling coverage.
Speaker 3: Admit it.
Speaker 1: You love Nick Barbatti when he co hosts with me on the Wadkeller Post shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on the Nickys Club, a VIP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 10: Hey wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nicky's Club, the place where the family of Nickys comes together for big laughs and Shark takes on WWE for WrestleMania rumors to surprise returns. I got you covered. The Nicky's Club, where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatti wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, so why not let him go vip pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with Patreons, Spotify, Apple podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You can also stream directly from our ad free VIP website. The nickis Club waiting for you every week at PW torch vip. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite weight color podcasts in PW torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way, to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify, and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the way Keller post shows, the Weightkeller Podcast, Flagship, our flashbacks, and also the pw Torch Day The cast lineup again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience, but with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the wad Keller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup, go to Patreon and search pw Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify, or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast, please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course thank you so much for listening. A PW Torch VIP membership doesn't just give you add free access to these shows and a ton of other VIP exclusive podcasts throughout the week, but you also gain access to our unmatched vast library of wrestling history, our contemporaneous week to week coverage through our progressing Torch weekly newsletters dating back to the late nineteen eighties, along with streaming and download access to hundreds of retro radio shows from the nineteen nineties, including some of my interviews with wrestling's top newsmakers in the nineties, and also our podcast library dating back to the year two thousand and three. There's no larger, longer spanning pro wrestling podcast library than that that comes with a PW Torch VIP membership. Now approaching twenty years of podcasting, Go vip and dive into our post pay per view roundtables are covered with some of your favorite eras of wrestling, top name long form interviews, and special format podcasts that we've done throughout the years. PW Torch dot com slash go vip we have a streamline signup form and you can pay with PayPal or directly with your credit card or Avid card. In one or two minutes from right now, you can be a VIP member and diving into our library pw toorch dot com slash go VIP