Speaker 1: Welcome Just Hindaway Tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily dose of inspiring, heartfelt tagalog.
Speaker 2: Sermons from different pastors and speakers all over the Philippines.
Speaker 1: We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape. And now here's your message.
Speaker 3: You were listening to a message from Victory. We hope it inspires you to honor God and make disciples in your community.
Speaker 2: They were going through in Luke than the parable of the Good Samaritan. How many of you have heard about the Good Samaritan? Good many of us have heard about the Good Samaritan. Actually, just looking through the internet, just researching it, there are actually hundreds or maybe thousands of hospital that are named good smatter time. Not only that, social socio civic organizations NGOs, different Anginos across the world are actually named Good Samaritan. When a personal help or notther, we easily brand him or her as a good Samaritan. One of our pastors, Pastor Jonas Bernals of our church in a Victory Pioneer, I think it was just a month or two ago when he preacher, he was actually a recipient of that of of that good nature of a good Samaritan. When the Louis Mansano saw him somewhere along Risal when he was bicycling. Cancl been saying iahoma bicycle iaoma exercise backet naha injorgeva so Klama exercise save Kappa. He was bicycling, Okay, he was cycling and then he got he he got into an accident and uh Louis Mansana was there to help him. Good Samaritan. How many of us we wish that we are good Samaritans. I'm twenty forty three. In a few weeks, and in the course of going through my life every November, I started by asking myself, how have I contributed to the society. I would do an annual assessment, an annual assessment in buhakpa lang that you were born, you go to school, you get you get married, have a family, continue to work, and then suddenly you died and then nothing else. I want to make sure that I have made an impact in this world, that even though I'm gone, I have done something for our for the human, for the human, for the human kind, for people. I have done something a legacy. They might actually forget about me or mal But then again, my prayer is that what I did would actually be a contribution or made an impact. If you look at this, is this all there is to life? This is all there is to life? If this is it, it's kind of boring, right, it's kind of dull.
Speaker 1: We are you know what?
Speaker 2: God made us superior to all anything that God created.
Speaker 1: Why he gave us intellect, He gave us.
Speaker 2: Discernment, He gave us wisdom, He gave us skills upon skills and gifts of on gifts. Not just to do this, not just to live a life like this that is like a routine. When you go through Looke ten, you would see three core activities of a Christian life. First about mission. Everybody, we need to know our mission is maybe you are not a missionary. Mission is not. It's not about just being a missionary. Mission is about your calling in life. What's your life purpose? What is God calling you to do? Why did He give me those gifts, those blessing, those resources, those skills.
Speaker 1: You have to ask God for that mission. Next, it talked about compassion.
Speaker 2: As Christian we are to be in the forefront as we give compassion. That's why God gave us a beating heart for compassion. And lastly about worship that was the story about Mary and Martha in Look ten, Let's look at it as the context of our church. Our Church Victory Philippines is part of a bigger organization every nation and in every nation. This is just to give you a context. This is where we're coming from. This is our mission statement. Our mission statement is to honor God by establishing Christ centered, spirit empowered, socially responsible churches and campus ministries in every nation.
Speaker 1: We are a part of this. We are part of every nation.
Speaker 2: And that's our calling, that's our mandate. And look right there, right smack in the middle. Is socially responsible. Okay, it's not just a sideline ministry.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's in the very heart of our church.
Speaker 2: And guess what it should be, in the very heart of every Christian, of every individual, of every living being.
Speaker 1: Socially responsible We.
Speaker 2: Our church and us should have been, should have should be in the forefront in compassion ministry and sharing to the laws. We don't only do this if there is a typhoon or an earthquake or Christmas is actually near. We don't just do that because there's Christmas. You know, I know of an nng O that they would stop accepting gifts every November and December. They would always say, you know what, instead of giving us November December, can you support us January, fear in March, April, May, June, July, September, October. Instead, there's something about November December. We we we we we we would be more generous, We would be you know, freely give. Maybe it's because of thirteen months and the bodos every day of our life. We should have that heart of generosity. We should be socially responsible. We have to be created a creative, deliberate and intentional as well. Last week I mentioned about Seapag.
Speaker 1: Remember Seapag.
Speaker 2: Seapag is an NGO that we are supporting now together with CCF, where we absolve six hundred of the drug dependent surrenderies of someone. We got six hundred here in San Juan and we're ministering to them. Hey, we're not just feeding them, We're not just giving them food, money or shelter. No, what we're actually doing is making sure that we're there talking to them, encouraging them, asking them how they are in their life. You know what, just thinking about it, I was I was talking to a pastor Alan a while ago it's more, it's like a victory group that our victory group leaders now taking their time off.
Speaker 1: This happened. This happens on a weekday, not a night. In the morning, okay, early in the morning.
Speaker 2: They would go and minister, why because we as a church, we have to take a stand. We need to take action rather than complaining that on dominique, the dominicue, the drugs and dominica. Mammat I said, drugs, dominic surrender and dumbing and damning drugs.
Speaker 1: You take action because why Because we're the church.
Speaker 2: Because we're the church, because God, God's love should compel us to help. Remember the Bible said, faith without action is it's dead.
Speaker 1: Faith without action is dead.
Speaker 2: That's why we have to be in front, in the front line, take charge. That's my introduction for this parable of the Good Samaritan. What compelled him to go out of his way and help somebody who is not even part of his culture, part of his group. Look ten verse twenty five, and behold a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, teacher, I'm talking to Jesus here, teacher.
Speaker 1: What shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Speaker 2: He said him Jesus said, what is written in the laws, how do you read it? The lawyer in some translation of the Bibles, is that experts of the law.
Speaker 1: He knew all along what the law requires. But he was testing Jesus. He wanted Jesus to say something.
Speaker 2: To be to be to be accountable to what he says. He's testing Jesus. But Jesus said, what is written in the law. You know what is written is the law simple? But then again, what is written in the law is hard to fulfill, and even the expert of the law he knows that.
Speaker 1: So he was testing Jesus.
Speaker 2: And he answered, you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your.
Speaker 1: Neighbor as yourself. So he knew it. He was testing Jesus. He knew it by heart.
Speaker 2: But he also knew he knows that it's hard for him, and he can never fulfill it. You can only fulfill it when you are in Christ. Apart from Christ, we cannot do it. It's impossible Verse twenty eight. And he said to him, you have answered correctly. Do this and you will live. That was Jesus. He said correct do it. But then he fought back. He answered back and said, but he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, and who is my neighbor?
Speaker 1: Rather than saying, Okay.
Speaker 2: Now I know it, I'll do it, because he knew he cannot do it. He knows the law, he knows it correctly.
Speaker 1: But it's it's different.
Speaker 2: It's different knowing it correctly, being able to answer and verbalizing it than living it out. Okay, that's two different facts. You might know it, but you're not living it. You have to know it and live it. So he knew that he has fallen short, and he fought back with another question, So who's my neighbor?
Speaker 1: Who is my neighbor?
Speaker 2: Sometimes when we read the Word of God, we see it as a magical thing, a mystical thing. We search for clues, we search for answers by prayer. Is that we would also look at differently. As in the Book of James, word it said anyone who listens to the word, to the word, but does not do what it says. It's like someone who looks at his face in the mirror, and after looking at himself, goes away immediately forgets what he looks like James was referring to the Bible as like a mirror when you look at God's word, when you look when you read God's word, when you look at Isaia fifty six fifty seven, what do you see? Do you see yourself? Or it just deflects when you look at it and read it and know it like as a mirror, you should see Christ in you. There has to be on a heart check. Do you see it or do you still see the old view? Or do you see you.
Speaker 1: Actually can't see anything because it's blurry.
Speaker 2: You have to see Christ. You have to see Christ and reflect Christ, not deflect him.
Speaker 1: Verse thirty. Jesus replied, a man was going down. This is the start of the story. This is the start of the parable. When Jesus was being.
Speaker 2: Tested and Jesus was being asked and challenge, he said, okay, this is the time I'll tell a story. Also, in this context, he wasn't just talking to the expert of the law.
Speaker 1: He was actually talking to a group of people who was listening. That's how smart Jesus is.
Speaker 2: He saw the moment, capture the moment, said okay, time for another parable. Jesus replied, a man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead. This is the road from Jericho to Jerusalem. The road is still actually visible today, the robe where there are actually rubbers because of the terrain, because of the the what's.
Speaker 1: Going on in my screen anyway, on that.
Speaker 2: Side, because of the terrain, it's actually a good place for robbers to hide. That's why he got mugged there Verse thirty thirty one. Now, by chance a priest was going down that road and when he saw him, he passed by on.
Speaker 1: The other side.
Speaker 2: A priest, a priest in those days are descendants of Aaron, remember airon the first priest direct descendants before being a priest. It's something that's handed down, Kate. It's like inherited. So a priest was there, a priest who actually worked inside the temple.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine this. You're going down.
Speaker 2: Down the Edga, the priest is there, saw somebody got hurt.
Speaker 1: What did he do? Went to the other side.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can do that in Edza with the traffic right, but it improved, I must admit.
Speaker 1: But because of those yellow orange barriers.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can shift, but he shifted the priest why because he was maybe he's busy. His attitude was, I'm busy doing God's work. I'm busy doing holy work for the church. I'm a priest who He just looked at him and said, okay, no, okay, that's not for me, so go ahead, priest, priest who's supposed to be serving God. His attitude was, I have more important things to do.
Speaker 1: So likewise, Alivite.
Speaker 2: When he came to the place and saw him pass by on the other side, aleivit just to explain to you, is not a descendant of Aaron.
Speaker 1: That's why they cannot be priest.
Speaker 2: But then they are also full time and working inside the temple as assistant to the priest. I don't know what their training is, but it's the same. When he saw that person, he did was move on to another side, shift gear and move on, because why, he has more important things to do.
Speaker 1: I'm a man of God.
Speaker 2: And he said, okay, I better avoid rather than be involved. It might actually be messy, so never mind, I'll move, I'll look another the other way.
Speaker 1: And just go on.
Speaker 2: That may be true, when we try and when we try to help out in ministries in compassion, especially in compassion ministries, it might actually be messy. I have first hand experience being a part of an NGO here insant One, and it tends to be miss messy. This NGO right start was actually not formed by the church. No no, no church members who are the heart for children four to fourteen years old.
Speaker 1: That's why they set up this NGO.
Speaker 2: And when I was a part of it, you wouldn't understand the messiness of what's going on inside four to fourteen.
Speaker 1: Who would have known at four to fourteen years old.
Speaker 2: People will be already addicted to sex. There's immorality already below ten years old. A girl would have already had multiple sexual partners.
Speaker 1: Lessan ten years old.
Speaker 2: Children who haven't been molested time and time again at thirteen years old.
Speaker 1: And when you ask him, when.
Speaker 2: You try her, when you try to talk to her and try her to recounter the stuff, he wouldn't even remember who it was, Tito Goo, Yeah, cousin.
Speaker 1: He would, She wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Just listening to all those sad stories would make me cry, would make me so angry, And I know it's messy, but church that is the real church out there, that is precisely the people we have to reach.
Speaker 1: Are you angry, I'm angry. I'm appalled we have to be as a church, move and do something. Or would you just say this is not for me. I'll go and pass the other side.
Speaker 2: I'm busy and on my way to my victory group and on my way to a worship night. I'm gonna go to my one o'clock and or three o'clock service where the pastor is awesome. So you simply just pass pass him or pass her by. Remember Jesus, he did not leave us to die on that road when we were almost dead to our sin, when nobody understood us, nobody wanted to care encourage us. There was already like hopelessness in our lives. Jesus was there for you and I. He did not leave us to die on that road for thirty three But as Amaritan, as he journeyed, he came to where he was, and when he saw him.
Speaker 1: He had compassion.
Speaker 2: This is something unheard of that when he saw him he had compassion.
Speaker 1: Why did he have compassion? Why? Why unheard of? Samaritan Jew? They don't blend Okay, they're like water and oil. They cannot.
Speaker 2: Their hatred for each other goes so deep.
Speaker 1: That they would kill each other, let alone be in one place like this. But he helped him.
Speaker 2: He went out of his way, instead of being like the priest and the levite going the other way.
Speaker 1: No, he went to him. He had compassion.
Speaker 2: He went to him and bound out his wounds, pouring.
Speaker 1: On oil and wine.
Speaker 2: Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to the inn.
Speaker 1: And took care of him.
Speaker 2: The guy couldn't move already, That's why he had to carry him and put him on his animal. He might be going from the other side when he saw him. He had compassion. He intentionally went to that person, saw him, check him, check his vitals, put banda on his wound, and carried him intentional. I just thought of this in the earlier service, that what he did was actually very dangerous. What if other people saw him. He could actually be accused of doing harm on the jew and he could have been stoned to death. But he took the risk genuine compassion, genuine love. And the next day he took out to Denari and gave them to the innkeeper, saying take care of him, and whatever more you spend it, I will repay when.
Speaker 1: I come back to Denari.
Speaker 2: It's more than two peszels Todinari is more than two hundred peszels to Dinari is actually two days of wage.
Speaker 1: Why would he do that?
Speaker 2: Why would he get from his own money and spend for somebody that he doesn't like, let alone he wants to be dead, let alone his any me Jesus here is pointing another another big point to tell us. Even though they're your enemy, you have all the more the reason to love them, or the more the reason to.
Speaker 1: Care for them.
Speaker 2: Showing compassion and caring for others is costly, but being selfish and being indifferent is free.
Speaker 1: It's costly, it's not just messy, it's costly. It will cost us. You know.
Speaker 2: The way we live our life now, or how the world would like us to live, is to get as much as we can. Let's be realistic, realistic here, as much money as we can, as much as we can, as fast as we can, not not not later, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Now, that's why so many.
Speaker 2: People get get into trap, those quick rich scheme. Now, I want it now, fast, get it as fast as I can and hold on to it as long as I can, as much money as fast.
Speaker 1: And hold it as long as I can. It's for me tight, It's okay ten percent? Okay ten exactly ten.
Speaker 2: There's more than one pass no, no, look, can at me change the check ten percent?
Speaker 1: Others give him a few change.
Speaker 2: When God said in his word that he gives us the ability to produce wealth, and he said that he establishes the work of our hand, we have to check also, is it just for us? He keeps them blessing us. But we have to make sure that we are goods towards. Remember we're just towards. That means when you dye, you can't bring your money to heaven, right you cannot. I have many friends, have many friends who have tried it. Some have died and are with Christ. And some have died and I'm not sure if they're in Christ. But all of them the same. When they died, they left all their money here. They weren't able to bring it to heaven. It doesn't work. Showing compassion and caring for others is costly, But being selfish and being indifferent it's free. We're about to end. It's a short story. It's a short sermon. It's a short preaching. Verse thirty six, which of these three do you think prove to be a neighbor to.
Speaker 1: The man who fell among the robbers?
Speaker 2: It was a question post talking about again who is the neighbor? Seeing now you neighbor? See no, but again cap it behind a nd. Remember it started as a test. It started as the expert of the law testing Jesus. But now it becomes as testing for the expert of the law and the people around Jesus who was hearing the story. You know what, The question is not who is my neighbor? Okay, they're trying to avoid the responsibility. The lawyer asked this question. But the question is not. It's not who is my neighbor? The question is also not who should I help? Sometimes, after hearing this story, after hearing about the good Samaritan, we would say, okay, who should I help?
Speaker 1: Now? Who should I help? Now?
Speaker 2: It is easy to talk about abstract ideas and fail to help solve concrete problems. Sometimes we get so stuck in making ideas, planning, planning, planning, that nothing happens.
Speaker 1: There's no execution.
Speaker 2: We can discuss poverty and opportunities, but without execution, it's all talk.
Speaker 1: It's all talk. Faith without action is dead.
Speaker 2: Action without you going through and moving is also dead. Verse thirty seven. He said, this is Jesus's answer, plain and simple. He said, the one who showed him mercy, and Jesus said to him, you go and do likewise. You go and do likewise. It doesn't take another strap planning. You just go looking at ours society right now, everywhere.
Speaker 1: You go there's person.
Speaker 2: There's one person, at least one person who is needy. Maybe inside your home for those who have cassambahi drivers, maybe it's in our home, Maybe it's in our villages.
Speaker 1: Are there are.
Speaker 2: Needy people in our under our employment, maybe the guard, the barangaitano. There's always as an opportunity to give, There's always an opportunity to show compassion. There's always an opportunittunity to show.
Speaker 1: The mercy and love of Christ. Now we have to move from juty to love, move from juty. Yes, it's a calling for us as Christ followers, as a church, we're called.
Speaker 2: But then if it's just plain juty, somewhere along the way you'll forget about forget about it. You get so overburdened, you get so tired. But if you are actually compelled by love, the more you give, the more you serve, the more you're going to be energized, the more you will be refreshed.
Speaker 1: From debating, from planning.
Speaker 2: We have to start doing it.
Speaker 1: It needs action.
Speaker 2: The question should be how can I be a good neighbor? How can I be a good neighbor? I know that I have been neighbors and I am a neighbor. How can I be that good neighbor? Question is how can I help?
Speaker 1: Lord? Who's that person I need to help? Lord?
Speaker 2: Why am I in this area right now? Why am I still in school? Why am I in this community? How can I help? Looking at this story, hearing this story, it has inspired so many people to move into action. Different compassion ministries were actually born when a person has a change of mindset and saw the real meaning of this story, not just who is my neighbor?
Speaker 1: But I a good neighbor?
Speaker 2: Put into action in Victory, we have real life foundation.
Speaker 1: Victory has always.
Speaker 2: Put a premium in social responsibility. As I told you, it's not a sideline ministry. It's our main thing. Maybe it's not noisy, but then again, the Bible said, you do not help to tell the left hand what the right hand is doing.
Speaker 1: But we do it.
Speaker 2: We have just sent two army truckloads of goods to Kagayan through our victory forth for the love in pH a Sou.
Speaker 1: You can search your internet.
Speaker 2: That's that glove with pH. Pastor Paolo was there. They sent what we call this a chainsaw. They send medicine, they send people, doctors going there. It's not publicized, but still it is.
Speaker 1: In our hearts.
Speaker 2: We just do it because we're compelled by the love of Christ. The way we do this is through the Real Life Foundation. Ever since it's in corporation two thousand and seven, In Life has produced three hundred and forty one university and vocational graduates. But with the three hundred forty one university and vocational graduates, you might think three hundred and forty one. On Pastor Larry since two thousand and seven, three hundred and forty one represents the student that went to school, but the family that they have touched thousands by the thousands. Our vision, the burden, the burden in our hearts that God gave us was to make sure that people would get through school. Finish school, be discipled and get jobs. Why because that represents hope.
Speaker 1: It's not a doll out.
Speaker 2: We don't build houses, we don't build schools. We don't give medical mission, we don't do that. Our calling is for the students who are in the school.
Speaker 1: Make sure that they finished.
Speaker 2: School, Disciple them, and that represents hope already for them.
Speaker 1: Their lives will never be the same. Church.
Speaker 2: I need a shift in our mindset right now. Don't say that it's insignificant. It's just me one person, No one person can change the whole village. One person, especially each one of us who are united as one. We can change this generation, and this generation.
Speaker 1: Is for the Lord.
Speaker 2: That's why we need to take a hold of it. You're not insignificant. Who would have thought that insignificant person, insignificant baby that was born on a manger will take away all our sin.
Speaker 1: Die for us on that cross and give us hope. Who would have thought.
Speaker 2: An insignificant baby born on a manger could do that. I remember the story of Lennon, one of our staff here who's heading our Seapugan chapter. He was so happy one day when he said, you know, one person in my victory group accepted Jesus Christ, and.
Speaker 1: He was so juggling that he was so happy.
Speaker 2: A day or two after, came to us and said, you know what passionary that person who gave himself.
Speaker 1: Up to Jesus just died. He was shot point blank, two shots in the chest. He died. But Lennon wasn't actually sad about it.
Speaker 2: He was happy, not because he's dead, but he's happy because he knew that there was a purpose, that it was timing that he was there and he accepted Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: What would have happened.
Speaker 2: Have happened if the Gospel wasn't shared to that person, he would have died and his life would be in vain.
Speaker 1: But he died, and now he is with Jesus Christ. That's what church is all about. That's what church we should be doing. Let me end with this poem by Edward.
Speaker 2: As we'd said, I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day. I'd rather one what should walk with me than merely tell the way. The eyes a better pupil and more willing than the ear find counsel is confusing, but examples always clear. And the best of all preachers are the men who live their creeds for to see good.
Speaker 1: Put in action is what everybody needs. Let's pray Lord, thank you.
Speaker 2: That it is not our circumstances, it's not our bank accounts, it's not our status in life that would compel us to help others. But Lord, it is because of you what you have done on that cross more than two thousand.
Speaker 1: Years ago, when you took.
Speaker 2: All our sins and gave us our life back and given.
Speaker 1: Us our eternal hope.
Speaker 2: Lord, I pray Lord that because of your generosity, of you showing us how to love others, now we are compelled to love our neighbors and be that loving neighbor that we are. Father, I pray Lord that you will speak to each one of us and you will make us realize that we are not insignificant.
Speaker 1: Rather, we are in a position to change lives.
Speaker 2: We are in a position to change the nation. We are in a position to now reclaim the generation for you.
Speaker 1: In the name of Jesus.
Speaker 2: So Father, speak to us, Lord God, and Lord, I pray Lord that you will guide our feet to walk in love to you will guide our feet to take action. And Lord, I pray Lord for genuine as Lord God, that in leading. It is your love that compels us. So, Father, speak to us now, and Lord, may your blessing be upon each in it in need for every five meaning Lord God, who are in this space today.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to this message. For more messages like these from other Victory Centers, please visit Victory dot org, dot pH, Slash resources, Slash Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoyed today's episode. Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all.