Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfier.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 2: Us in the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans. It has to make life easier some new technology.
Speaker 2: So Michael Garfield has something you might want.
Speaker 1: Texas.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets, heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now your high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield twenty three years.
Speaker 1: I have been hosting this show. Twenty three years. I have spread the love, the knowledge, the wealth, okay, maybe not the wealth about most everything I like and the products you either wanted, you needed, or you're now collecting dust in your closet. This is called the high Tech Texan Show. And my name, as you heard in that grandiose opening, it's Michael Garfield. You can call me Michael, you can call me Garth. Just don't call me late for dinner. And yes I do dad joke quite well. Twenty three years people, this radio show has solely been broadcast in Southeast Texas, you know, Houston, Galveston, Beaumont, and everything on KPRC nine fifty am, which is the oldest talk radio station in our great state of Texas. In fact, this is the longest running local show in the one hundred and one year history of KPRC. Now, yes, it's also heard throughout the iHeartRadio app across the country, also podcasted wherever a great podcast or heard. But starting this week that all changes. You see. I had a goal all those years ago to spread my content to as many people who could listen, and that's why I coined and trademarked the term high tech Techan instead of the high tech Ustonian. And as of this weekend, this show finally is truly techan just like me. Hello San Antonio and WOAI listeners, Welcome to the high Tech Texan family. Wait wait, wait, wait before you flip to another station, and we know who you are. Oh, yes, we do have the technology. Give it a listen, give it a few weeks. I've been doing this for an entire generation. From the name of the show, you may be expecting to call in and have me help fix your motherboard on your computer. Ah, you're listening to the wrong show. You might as well find a nice, blonde, knowledgeable female who's been doing tech specific radio shows for about as long as I have. Nah Ah, this show is fun. This show is fast, personable, it's hip, it's hot, it's happening, as my grown kids say. Speaking of which, you will find out that I am a grown kid. You see, I'm a kid who enjoys what he does for a living. I'm a kid who gets to play with most any gadget, car, piece of food. You want me to try it before you buy it, I'm your guy. But know this, I'm not afraid to hold back. If I don't like something, If I think it's cheesy, could break easily, it's too expensive, I'm gonna tell you to walk away or even run, simple as that. This show is not about computers people. Well, actually it can be if you want my advice on buying laptops or desktops. But it's also about cars, trucks. I test drive over sixty vehicles a year. I can help you decide which ones to look at, which ones to stay away from. It's about most anything that consumers want. You like peanut butter, I'm gonna tell you what I think the best peanut butter on the market is cell phones, streaming services, bourbon, places to travel, what to whar I gots it. All that, my friends, is what this show is all about. So buckle up and let's roll to celebrate us going statewide, not national yet, one step at a time. We have a brand new phone number to get in Okay. For years it's been seven to one three blah blah blah blah ba. So no matter if you're listening in Houston or in San Antonio and soon to be one more city too. Jot this down here it comes. It's an interactive show, and it's an easy one. I'm all about marketing. Wait for it. Three four six twenty nine. Texan. Nah, it's called marketing people. Three four six twenty nine Texan. Why don't you call me? If you're new to the show, say hi, Promise I'm not gonna bite you. If you're a long time less there, it's like garf man, glad to hear you. I drove across the straight to Texas. Three four six twenty nine. Textan. We're gonna have some giveaways, but what it is is you call me, you say, hey, Michael, ah Black Friday sales are coming up. I see something. Am I gonna get schnookered? Should I wait till a little closer to the Christmas Hanak holiday. That's it three four six, twenty nine, Texan. Yes, if you want to go old school, you can also email me I guess if you really wanted to Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. Either way, we're gonna try to get you on, play your voice, make you famous, answer your question. Promise I want to laugh at you. Quick history. There's been some questions, there's been some doozies people. I mean, I remember, like, you know, how do you turn a computer on? Back when the start Putton, you know from Microsoft Windows came round, how do you turn a computer off? Just nothing is too funny, too trivial. Because we have fun here, That's what it is. I will set up what's coming in, what you're gonna hear until we sign off today and we do this every weekend. But today on the show, we're going to talk about Blue Sky. Well, yes, there are blue Skys here for my show and hopefully my career as we continue to expanded to more markets. Blue Sky it's actually an app people that many people are logging on and creating a free account to because they're flocking from X in Twitter. I will tell you what Blue Sky is and how it does differ from other social media apps. I am going to talk about Black Friday. Are Black Friday deals? Are they really worth it? We are less than one week out from Thanksgiving? The Cowboys afternoon game. Actually I think that. By the way, massive Cowboys fan here. I will not rag on the Cowboys, grew up with them. I'm a big d guy. But dang man, this is not a good pro NFLC. Great, it's great college season for me. And if you're new, hooking morns people, because that's how I roll. We're gonna talk about Black Friday deals. We're going to talk about streaming issues. Anybody have any questions about that old the waste of time Jake Paul, Mike Tyson fight. It's about more than that. There's been some winners in some losers. And I'm gonna look at it from a business streaming standpoint too. How many streaming services do you have? And I guarantee it's too many. It is too many. We'll tell you how to stop that. Those are the things that we're gonna yap about. Three four six twenty nine. Texan. This is the energy. This is my electricity. I haven't even had caffeine yet today and I'm still fired up. I am pumped. Not only that I am heard in the largest city across Texas, which is used in the fourth largest city across the country, but now in San Antonio, another top ten most populous city in the state of Texas. You guys are great, So I'll tell you right now, from Alamo Heights to Garden Ridge to Sibilo to Hollywood Park, give me at least one hour of your time right now, and we are going to have some fun. I promise. Michael Garfield is the name. It's the High Tech Texan Show coming up. We're going to get into the content, and I guarantee you are god all love it. We'll be right back we get into it. It is the High Tech Texan Show. Welcome new listeners all across the state of Texas, including our new affiliate WOAI in San Antonio. We've been doing this for two decades in Houston on KPRC nine point fifty. So no matter where you are, how you're listening via the iHeartRadio app Terrestrial, which some people still do in their cars, we thank you. I guarantee we're not gonna bore you. I guarantee. I'm not gonna tell you how to fix your computer. Oh we are so much more than that. I will tell you what potential app to download. All right, who's hurt of blue Sky? Nah? Raise your hand, Riten, put your handback in the wheel. You're driving people blue Sky. If you haven't heard a Blue Sky, you've probably been busy watching I don't know, NFL college football. Maybe you're worried about the election, you're happy about the election. Whatever. Well, by the way, I don't do a lot of politics, so this is a pretty much political free radio, Chaseeau. But Blue Sky, I will tell you a lot of people are flocking to it and deleting X, Twitter, whatever you want to call it, maybe for political reasons. Big news. Blue Sky just this past week hit twenty million users and is growing like wildfire. All Right, you never heard of it, or maybe you see people saying, Hey, I'm killing my X account, my Twitter account, I'm going to blue Sky. Let me give you the breakdown. It's a relatively new social media platform, all right, and it is receiving a big influx of users who are fleeing from X or Twitter from what critics describe really as a toxic environment under Elon musk direction. Now, listen, I'm not an Elon hater, and I did listen. If you know me, there's no hate. There's just too much positive things in the world. But there's a lot of things that that Elon Musk, who owns a new bought Twitter for forty four billion dollars about two years ago. That has changed and a lot of people don't like it. You know, he sought to overhaul the platform to fit his free speech absolutist vision, all right, And since then, there have been other social media platforms that have tried to compete, try to get the you know, the users to log on regularly. There's been Instagram came out with Threads about a year and a half ago. Anyone on Threads anyone anyway mastered it on as a new one. These were some of the original top contenders in the race. None of them really have been able to secure the position as x's top competition, not recently. Changes to X that were rolled out during Elon's tenure. I mean, you know, he newtered the block feature, which means if you previously block somebody, one of the things that you can do Now people are literally able to see what's going on, so they've he's unblocked it. So he's now making verification a payable subscription. It used to be Hey, I'm verifiedable legit person. Oh no, no, you want a blue check marker, you have to pay. He's obviously increasing vocal in the support of you know, right wing issues. He's president at Trump's you know, you know, he's not a cabinet member, but you know he's very involved in that. But election day appeared to be the last straw for a lot of people who were turned off by elon support of Trump or maybe the political discourse whatever. So people are now flocking to this thing called blue Scott. The difference is, and I guess the question is, you know what is blue Scott. It is an alternative social network. It is blowing up right now, which is a good thing. It's finally having its moment. It's an open source, which means there's not one person, there's no one overlord who oversees it. Anyone over the age of thirteen. You can join Blue Sky as long as you're legal in your country. Now, let's go back to the day Blue Scott launched as an invitation only service. Back about a year and a half ago, and then in the eliminated of the invites in the invite codes in February of this year, so anybody can sign up. It is free. Go to your little iTunes, go to your Android up Google Play Story and you download Blue Sky all one word and you install it on your phone and you're set to go. You sign up, you create an account, and pretty much at that point you need to pick your handle. Your handle is your nickname. You know my by the way, let me introduce you for those new listens. My nickname, shockingly, it's high tech Texan. Spell the whole thing out h I G H T E C h T E x A M. Spell the whole thing out, high tech text. And you can find me on Instagram. You could find me on Twitter x Still you can now find me on Blue Scott Facebook. I'm actually Michael Garfield. That's I'm on LinkedIn too. I'll let my kids do the TikTok, I'll let my kids do snap and everything. But pick a handle, pick your name, pick whatever it is. Okay, it must be at least three characters, and you can only use letters, numbers and hyphens. So there you go. Once you've got that account name, you know, you set up your little capture and things like that, just to know it's you, and you look for your interest. What do you want to what do you want to follow? Animals, art, books, sports, science, politics, whatever. All right, at that point you're set to go. And then it's kind of like X and Twitter. You follow people who you like me personally. I'm a sports guy. I love sports. I follow athletes, I follow, you know, sports networks for the inside news. It's cool, all right, you know, maybe I'll follow some people who follow the weather. Certainly. I do some technology stuff I would love. I would prefer I would demand you follow high tech textan and I thank you for that because that's that's one of the ways that we actually give away gifts and products and products around here. And let me help you out. Oh I get some products. Give me about a month and a half and I'm in Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics Show, and I come back with bags and bags full of stuff that they want me to give away. It's not just hollow number ten. Oh no, no, you follow me on social media. That's how we're going to do it. So that's that's my that's my lost leader of say please bug me, please bother me on one, on Blue Sky, on Twitter, on Instagram. Thing, all right, lots of things to follow. You can customize your feed, you can do anything else anything you want. You can block accounts, you can mute accounts. You could do a lot of things. And you should be at that point set to go. It's up to you. This is not a political thing, the least not for me. Do you want another one? Do you need another social media app? No, you probably don't. If you're a brand, it doesn't hurt to be across the board. If you're an influence there, it doesn't hurt to be everywhere. But we are all tired. We're just our eyeballs are probably bleeding from so much of the crap that keeps feeding and scrolling bias. Do we need another time sucker something else? I mean, oh, you know, I'm on Facebook, I'm on this. No, you sometimes don't do it if you want to. If you want to follow news, don't. But to me, and here's just my assessment. Right now, I've been on Blue Sky for all of a week. Right now, there is less noise, there's less chatter, there less hate for lack of a better term on Blue Sky than I have seen on X Threads. I could say the same thing I hopped on Threads, which is from Meta fast Book, Facebook, and Instagram a year ago. And you can find me on High Tech Texan. I don't go there a lot. I really thought Threads free to download also was gonna be the Twitter killer. It's got two hundred million subscribers Threads does. That's ten times as big as what's going on over at Blue Sky. But also Twitter X has three hundred and twenty seven million. They're slowly but surely falling off. Wait until then, there you go. There's your Blue Sky breakdown. All right, Now, when we come back, I'm gonna tell you how to fully delete if you want to get off that X and Twitter, I'm gonna tell you how to delete that. I'm also gonna take your phone calls three four six twenty nine Texan. As we continue the High Tech Textan Show. This is Michael Garfield. Heard that a lot of people cross the state. Now big number, new number, my friends, three four six twenty nine Texan. That's how you're going to get a hold of me. If you're just going up and down the radio dial in Houston. Well, I do think you for tuning in to KPRC nine to fifty am, where this show has been for twenty three years, and this show has now been on twenty three minutes. I think now maybe thirty minutes. As we get to the bottom of the twenty thirty minutes san Antonio, what is off the first over the year terrestrial show? As we picked up another affiliate on WAI flagship talk news station, which is great, What is up san Antonio? Already hearing from San Antonio, San Antonioan's San Antonio Heights. That's whatever you want to call you. You're a textan just like me. This is the high Tech Texan Show, Michael Garfield. We're fun guaranteed, not the boy guaranteed. And I'll tell you how to fix your computer. We don't do that all consumer products technology. I got a car, I've been testing out a car. Who wants an EV man? I got my listen? This is new, this your first time listen to me. Listen. I am a member of the Texas Auto Writers Association, been there for about fifteen years, which means I talk about, I write about, and I review cars, trucks, pretty much anything with four wheels on it. I've been doing it for quite a long time. On average, I get in a brand new vehicle sixty times a year, well over once a week. I get a vehicle for one week. All right. I don't work for a dealership. I am not pimping a dealership. I'm not even gonna tell you where to buy a car. I work straight with the manufacturers. They let me and my ilk other people who review cars trucks. I give you my thoughts. I can tell you they are horrible. I can tell you they're great. Doesn't matter. I don't get paid for anything. That's why you can trust me electric vehicles. You'll get to know me of the love hate relationship I have with electric vehicles. This past week, I've been in a accurate Z Did you even know Accura makes an electric vehicle? I gotta say it's quite I will. I'm gonna do a little lost leader of it. It's quite nice. It's it's a very nice EV twenty twenty four Acura ZDX, not the cheapest thing, very roomy. It is fast, just like a lot of the EV's. Give me about fifteen minutes. I will tell you cop about two or three pros and pretty much one by major con the major negative that I always have about ev cars, But that's some of the things that we do. Got an email over here already to Michael Gurfield at iHeartMedia dot com. This comes from Chris Tally in San Antonio. Chris, you are now my first San Antonio and San Antonio White not my first texting my brother to to send me an email and way in Dear Garth. Great hearing from you. I used to drive through Uston to hear you all the time. Can I wait to listen to you every single week here on OAI. Got a question for you. He was talking about blue Sky. You were talking about apps that you should or should not download. Here's the big question for you when it comes to posting personal things. This is actually a good one. What personal things should I never post online? Chris Tally CT This is going to be from you. A number one. How old are you kids? Post everything? Chris? I know you're I'm assuming you're not a teenager. I don't know. There's a number of things you shouldn't post. People post too much. People believe, or it seems that social media is the facebooks and everything. It's an online diary. If you think about it, it's kind of it kind of has become an online diary. Here I am eating, Here, I'm going on vacation. Here, here's a picture of my new grandkid. I'm doing that. Got a new job? Personal news okay, yes there, you post about your favorite sports teams, your politics, whatever it is. People can tell a lot just from following you. At that point, they could potentially take your information and use it against you. Not good. Now, listen, there is zero fool poof fray from anybody of stealing any information or pretending they're you. Right now, welcome to the twenty first century. People. They could do anything, but in my opinion, you're helping them by posting a lot of your personal stuff, almost too much. So. To answer your question, Chris, what should not you post? Number one? I have a few rules over here. No matter what age or whatever you do, try not to post your relationship status. And here's why. If you're a widow, if you're a widower, especially a recently widowed person, you're a sitting duck. Crooks want to get their grimy hands on everything from inheritance money to whatever scam scam scams. Try not to post that you're married, your divorce, you're dating, whatever relationship status. Number One, stay away from posting your vacation plans. Seriously, if you start telling people, hey, I can't wait for my upcoming cruise. We're going to be in here and I'm gone for a week, why don't you just go ahead and leave your front door open? People? All right, Just that's it. Specifically, if you're going on a cruise or a specific flight, people can now start digging into Oh wait a minute, here's my frequent flyer account number, and I'm gonna pretend i'm you, and I'm going to cancel the trip and refund the money back to wherever I'm going. I don't mind people posting their vacation photos, but I do this, and this is my trick, post them when you get back, when you're done. And I do this too. It's in listen. This is a safety, you know, listen for. It's safety for everybody. I've been in the public ear, the public eye, if you will, for you know, two decades. And I want people to generally come to my remote broadcast or let them know where I'm doing a segment on this TV show or whatever. If I'm m seeing an event, but I found in the past that man, you can get some weirdos. And I don't want to use that s stalker word, but I just did. I generally now post not where I am, but where I've been. Something to keep in mind. Vacation plans are certainly one of them. A lot of people say, try to stay away from don't really post a lot of stuff of your kids, your kids' school, your kid's activity. You're proud of your kids. I am proud of my kids. I want to share those milestones too, But posting your photos in front of your kids school have you sharing their weekly soccer schedule or something. You never know who's watching. The thing that really scares me is those first day of school picks that happened every August here in Texas and the little kids, the little ones, and there's this chalkboard that mom and dad put up. Hi. My name is Sally, I'm six years old. I go to this elementary school. I am, you know, you know, three feet eight inches tall and I weigh this pounds. Listen. I get that that's a memento that you want to do every year. Do you really need to tell the world about that because you just told me every single thing about your kid. I know, okay, and if your kids coming home walking out of school and somebody knows that information. Hi, Sally, how are you do? You had a good time? Listen to your mom, who I follow on Facebook, told me to give you a rite. Just really try to stay away from your kids. I didn't. I could talk about my kids though. My kids are in their twenties and one of them is in their thirties. They're out there on their own, they're adults right now. But when I started doing this, you know, my my youngest son was one year old and one years old, and I don't even remember giving their names. I would talk about my kids in general. My kids actually helped me in the tech world back then. They got to play all the video games and help review things for me, and I would just say, hey, you know the you know, the eight year old, this one, the five year old, this, you know this one. I tried not to poster faces as a young kid. So again, be very judicious what you're doing. Also, be cautious with your work details. Another opportunity for a scam. Fishing scams target They could target you know with you highly personalized information. You know, if you got mid level employees or high level employees, you know they may have access to your company's finances. The more specific details you post, the more fuel that you give a scammer. And that includes where your work and your you know what your role is and things. And so to wrap it up, listen Chris Tally, thank you so much here in San Antonio listening on WAI. Ask the question what should I out post online? Just use your common sense to everybody out there is just be very careful because all too often now people are scamming, scamming, scamming, and so there's your answer with that, Michael Garfield. It is called the High Tech Texan Show heard all across terrestrial radio in Houston, Southeast Texas KPRC nine to fifty am. And could not be more excited to add all over San Antonio, Central Texas area w A I more cities to come. Hopefully you are going to end this year pretty pretty big. If you want to get in, leave a message, try to get to the callers and say hi, three four six twenty nine Texan three four six twenty nine Texan. Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com When we come back, I will tell you a little bit more about my electric vehicle experience in the twenty twenty four Acura GDX. And also how to delete I promise this when I need to pay it off. How to delete your Twitter account, your x account, Twitter account? Should you be leaving it for the Blue Sky or anything else? That's what I'm here for. It's the High Tetext Show. Time goes so fast, don't it sure does, especially when you talk fast. You see what I do is I pack like a three or four hour show into my one to two hour show here on the High Tech Texan Show. Michael Garfield is my name. If this is your first time, give it a week or two or three. This is fun. I'm not gonna bore you. If you hear the energy coming through the radio waves, that's really mine. No caffeine yet, people, I'll give you the phone number here if you would like to participate in the show. Black Friday coming up. I'm gonna take a little time and tell you our Black Friday deals really worth it. We're less than a week from Black Friday right now. In Black Friday is it's the Friday after Thanksgiving named Black Friday, because if you look at it the old Ledger over, you know, did you make money, did you lose money? You're either in the red where you're losing money, or you're in the black when you're making money. And generally a lot of stores, a lot of retail stores, you finally get into the black during the holiday season, especially if the big shopping day after Thanksgiving, hence the Black Friday. And I haven't even gotten a Cyber Monday yet and everything else. But a lot of these deals may not be worth it, and you really do need your studying. And I've already found some Black Friday deals that look on the surface like it, so I can't pass this up. It's such a great deal. You may want to pass it up because there's still you got at least another month here or so before the big man comes down your chimney. As we continue the show, all right, real quickly, I promised I talked about Blue Sky. If you're just tuning in, this show will be podcasted, which means you can listen to it again and again and again. You can go to iHeartRadio. That's an app you download for free. You look for Michael Garfield, you look for high Tech Texan and then you can listen to it again. I did talk about Blue Sky, what it is, how to sign up, why it's different than X and Twitter, because so many people seem to be flocking from X in Twitter. I will tell you this, if you're thinking about getting or deleting your Twitter or almost any other app, it's sometimes it's not just as easy as uninstalling it from your phone. That's not deleting it. That's not deleting your account. It's deleting it from your phone. And believe it or not, it's a bit of a process to delete your ex account. And again, X Twitter, I'm gonna call them the same thing because it's the same company, different name. Let me tell you how you do it. First, you have to deactivate your account, which keeps your account in a system, but it removes your display name, your user name, your public profile from the site. You have thirty days to reverse it. It's reversible for thirty days. Okay, some of your posts may still be viewable on Google or search engines. And at that point, if they click on it, people click on it, you know it's gonna lead to an error page on the Twitter site. But if you want to delete it. Here's what you do. Okay, open your account. Open your X account. You look for the word more option on the left side more Okay, it's a circle three dots. Click it more. Then you look for settings in privacy in your account. Finally, you're gonna drill down to deactivate account. Think about it? Do I want to day? I hate shit itdn'd confirm you want to suspend your account. You select deactivate bottom of the screen. You now have a month restore your account if you want to. After the thirty day window is done. Your X account is OVA. That's the term we use here. It is not over. It is OVA. Your ex account is done. Deactivate it now. You can download your account data before you deactivate and delete your account, which means you can keep all your past tweets and things like that. There you go. Now, there's not a way to wipe out all your tweets on the X platform in like one solid sweep. There's a few workarounds. There's a few third party services. You can delete a lot of your tweets for free. You can subscribe to things. Seriously, you could subscribe. There are services like tweet, delete, tweet, deleter, Circle Boom. Those are real services that you can subscribe and they'll delete everything that you're tweeted. Back in the day, you could do that or just just let them float and thin air and somebody just email me over hey, Michael, will I be able to reuse my email? If I deactivate my Twitter account? You will not be able to use the same email address or user name for an X account for the entirety of that thirty day deactivation period. After that, X says that their support team can clear email addresses from the system. But you know what, how hard is it to go get another freakin email. I have probably had fifteen different email addresses my work whin, I've got fourteen personal lies over there. He's just gonna go grab a Gmail address. So anyway, there you go. If you're trying to get out stop off of Twitter. Don't just install it. You have to deactivate it. And I hope that works. I'm not telling you to do it or don't do it. You may want to get off every single social media It's not just as simple as hey, let me know, stole it from my phone. No, there's there's several more things about that. Uh three four six twenty nine. Text in is the phone number. You know. We've got Callum over here. Callum, by the way, you will hear me shut out. Callum is the guy who sits on the other side of this glass, who pushes the buttons and makes miss sound sex a. He answers your phone call. Sometimes if he doesn't, he'll let him roll the voicemail. You can record a little something and we can play it back to make your famous here over the year. Ways, if you've got questions about pretty much and you can sumer product, I'm your guy. Not just tech and apps. I'm gonna talk about cars now. No, I got into cars. Well, I've been driving for quite a while, but I started reviewing cars fifteen sixteen years ago because I realized that cars and trucks they are technology. They're nothing but technology right now. And so I'm a member of the Texas Auto Writers Association Writers. Even though I talk about it and I do write sometimes about it too, I do get to review cars directly from manufacturers. I don't go to dealer ships to say can I test drive this? No, there's a service that actually delivers me a car every single week for fifteen years. I get it for one week, and I get to drive it. Yes, it's a neat perk. Sometimes it's a pain. And then you know what, because I got to keep schlepping, you know, all my personal items from one car to the other car to the other car. But don't cry for me, Argentina. But I get to drive almost everything on the brand new stuff this week. And I hey, callum, we need a sounder. Can we create you know, we got we're upping our listeners here, man. We need a sounder. Like what's Michael driving this week? R you know? Okay, yeah, you work on that, buddy, Thank you. This week I have been driving the twenty twenty four Acura zd X. Anyone, anyone Now. It's their electric car, all right, Acura Honda, same company, the ZDX. It's an ev all right. It's it's very I love the design, very distinct. It's got some the front part, the front fascia is what it's called. The front part really interesting. It's clean because it is electric, it doesn't need air vents to go in. I like the led headlights. It's got a really nice a diamond pentagon with like this three D embossed diamond pattern that illuminates the lights all around. I think a lot of evds do that, and I think it looks neat and it's sexy. This is inside. It's got banging Olofsen premium audio, which is good so you can hear me and well you can't really stereo because we're on the AM dial, but you know what I'm talking about. But the immersive listening experience very nice. Eighteen speakers are there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It integrates Google built in. There's something called Google built in now. Yes, it does have Apple Car Play, it has Android Auto. But a lot of companies are using Google's kind of operating system, if you will, which is fine. I am a Google I'm an Android fan, and I'll talk about that, you know, next hour two. Uh. The particular model I'm driving, it's called the Type S as in sex eight the Accura zd X. All right, it is. It is not the cheapest thing. Okay, these things, you know, they're they're they're running you know, sixty ish, you know, thousand dollars or so real quickly if you're new, I like evs a lot for a number of different reasons. Yes, they're quiet, Yes, from the green effect, they don't you know, produce the you know, you know, the combustion. They are fast, they are big, they are roomy. What I don't like, and I don't have time to get into it now because we're up against the bottom of the coming up at the top of the hour. I do not like the charging in for structure that we have in the United States right now. I do not have the patience to find a charger when I'm on the road, hopefully crossing my fingers that no one is using that charger, waiting for them to use the charger, and then pulling up the vehicle I'm playing in and waiting forty five minutes turn hower to charge the vehicle. If I'm driving, I want to get from point A to point B. Yes, I know, if you own an EV you probably have a charger in your garage, which is great. You probably should. Maybe you don't drive more than one hundred, one hundred and fifty two hundred miles. The range of this one, by the way, is right about two hundred and eighty five miles for this one. Not bad. It's kind of the upper range of a lot of the evs right now. But sometimes when I want to drive from Houston to Dallas, ain't gonna happen, and I'm gonna have to plan my trip like triple a trip tick days and I just dated myself at that point. I don't want to stop somewhere. I think evs are great as second cars. Have a gas one, then also have that EV for the local trips. But if you're looking for one, the ZDX from Accura. Really good performance, really good design, like the technology, very woomy, good horse power, and you're set to go two hundred eighty five three undred miles. Top of the hour. I hope you enjoyed our number one San Antonio for the first time you've heard it's called the high Tech Texan Show. You missed the second hour. You want to hear it on iHeartRadio stand by. We've got much more coming up. Michael Garfield. This is all over the state, most of it the high Tech Taxi Show. HI is Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 2: In the High Tech Texan.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans items to make life easier technology, So Michael Garfield has something you might want. H Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets, heard worldwide on the iheartware.
Speaker 1: You laugh now you're high.
Speaker 2: Tech Texan Michael Garfield checking.
Speaker 1: The clock right now, halfway through the end of the show. Hour number one is officially over and you got sucking off people. You got about fifty two more minutes of me in the High Tech Texan Show. Michael Garfield nickname is Garf, which means we are a halfway a happy hour, beautiful, beautiful weekend here in Texas. Finally it got cool. I'll tell you. I'm telling you right now, man. And I've always said this, if the weather like this was year round in Texas, we would have San Diego prices. That's right, San Diego. Ah, yes, I know what that means. The humidity in the heat, you laugh, is what keeps us here in Houston area. Specifically they not paying high, high, high exorbitant gas prices, state taxes. Housing is just it. There's nothing really There's two things that are that that can come from humidity that are actually positive in my mind. Number One, it keeps our prices down. It keeps people sweltering, going, ugh, why do I live here for about six months of the year, especially when they walk outside it in August. It's just nasty. Number two. It keeps our skin nice and moist and keeps us younger. Other than that, I can't think if anybody else can give me a reason that humidity is a good thing. Open it up right now, okay? Three four six twenty nine Texan new number. By the way, three four six twenty nine text and if we don't answer, we actually have a voicemail that picks up where we can put you on the air later in the show or even next week. Three four six twenty nine. T e x A N. If your eyes are too small to see the letters t e x A N, just use your use your voice style. Last hour we did cover Blue Sky while people are flocking to it. I did tell you how to fully delete and deactivate your Twitter x account. Again, just by uninstalling the app on your phone does not delete your Twitter account. You've got to actually deactivate it, which takes It's a thirty day process too. By the way, Black Friday this is the well. This is the annual last show before the Black Friday Deals. Anybody who's gotten something, saw a deal they want to share with me. Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot Com three four six twenty nine. Textan if you know my cell phone, feel free to text me what deals are out there? Are Black Friday deals worth it? Are they worth the wait? Typically the week before Thanksgiving Day and ending that following Monday, which is Cyber Monday. It's some of the busiest shopping days of the year, and this year the number of people shopping in stores and online during that period they it could hit a new record. This is according to the National a Retail Federation. But people, you like consumers, we're all we're trying to make the most of the Black Friday sales. It may not be getting the breast your your best prices of the season. There there's not and I'm looking, I'm gonna throw at us out over here. According to wallet hubbs twenty twenty three best things to buy on Black Friday Report, Okay, this is from last year, thirty five for thirty five percent of items that major retailers they offered no savings at all compared with their pre Black Friday Day prices. A lot of them could be misleading, and so that that's one of these Here's another thing. A lot of people have concerns about shipping. That's a very good reason to shop early because consumers, they're increasingly they're they're worried, they're concerned that they're online orders they may not arrive in time for the holiday, rightfully so, so in period of such high volume selling third party shippers, they're very strained. And you've got god gosh, love your ups, your FedEx, your Amazon delivery person over there. I mean order early, okay, uh, but Dan, I guess to kind of finish my thought of it, what discounts should you expect on Black Friday? I mean, I think you're gonna you're gonna easily see twenty to thirty percent off, not everything store wide, of wherever you're shopping, because it depends on the retailer. I mean some markdowns they could be fifty percent or more. But you have to ask yourself, fifty percent off what the estimated manufacturer suggested retail price, which no one ever sells at that price for I mean, you got premium brands, high end brands. They're probably mean you got brands like a Nike, Lululemon or something like that, they may not offer more than twenty or thirty percent. I mean you have to have the balance yourself. What not to bly on here, here's a good one. What should not you buy on Black Friday? What to stay away from? Typically? Black Fridays are a great time to find rock bottom prices on clothing for the winter fall. Clothing, flannels and denim, and codes and accessories and all other fuds, all that other stuff. Televisions, consumer electronics not bad. You're gonna get some good deals too. You may want to stay away from beauty products. You may want to stay from footwear. Typically those things and I have seen cyber Monday, wait a few days for that thing. Trips, a lot of airfares, a lot of cruises, a lot of tour packages. They generally wait until even after Cyber Monday. Somebody, I think, I don't know if it was a joke. They coined it traveled Tuesday. That you're gonna see a lot of discounts on you know, what should I do in twenty twenty five? Should I, you know, go to Europe or something like that. Toys? It could pay to hold out And the last few weeks of December. Maybe holiday decorations they start getting cheaper. Obviously there the last few days before Christmas. Exercise equipment in things that you know, exercise equipment is a big seller now because I'm going to get in shape next year. Yeah, watch out, listen. If you want to really make sure you're getting a good deal, I'm gonna tell you this, and I've said this for so many years. You can call, you can ask me, you can email me. I generally know the value of something, could you get it lower? But there's this thing called Google search for it. There are apps out there or even browser extensions you could download for free on your browser. One is called Camelizer, that's c A M E l I Z e R. One's called Honey. What they do is they could keep an automatic eye on price changes and let you know when a price drops. Some of them give you coupon codes. Shop Savvy that's another app that does great price comparisons. You know. Look, you know if you have credit card rewards coming in or coupon codes. There's a coupon cabin I think is you know another thing too? Look at that. Pay attention to the price adjustments and the return policies. People, but be wary, do your research, don't jump think about it, ask your significant other, sleep on it, and make sure There is a return policy too also, but you know I would actually stay away from it. Listen, I love small businesses and I know small business shopping is coming the last weekend of November. It's great to deal with big box, big name companies, brand companies. They do have a return policy. If you know you're buying one on one maybe a small you know, mom and pop shop you've never heard of, do a little research better Business Bureau. But it just again, this is the time to be potentially scam Just be wary. Scrooge mcgarth has spoken, all right, when we come back, what else you want to know? Oh? I hit on it last week. But the streaming issues. I know, we're well over a week removed from the Jake Paul Mike Tyson fiasco and I'm not even talking about the Netflix stream I'm like, what did I just waste my Friday night? For the NFL has got something to worry about that. But I'm going to tell you about the state of streaming where we are right now. Again, I do cover that area because it is technology and it's just not as sophisticated as you really think it is. Now we'll get into that when we come back. Here. I'm a high tech texting show. Happy weekend, whatever day or how you happen to be listening to this radio program. Been doing it for twenty three years. Finally we got a new phone number of people. It's gonna make it simple for you. Three four six twenty nine texts and three four six twenty nine text And if for some reason nobody picks up and it goes to voicemail, leave a question, leave a message. We do have the right and I say it there when you hear my voice on that call, on that voicemail, we do have the right to utilize and use your voice on radio. So if you don't want to talk, don't talk. But that's that's how you get to meet. You can email me I Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. Is we are heard now and more and more cities across this great state of Texas welcome San Antonio, w o A. I to the to the list and soon to come. It's another big city. That's all I can say. And I'm quite it only took twenty three years. Thank you Brian Erickson, program director. iHeart Houston. He believes in me. Thank you. I appreciate who uh anybody. I don't really want to spend too much time with a Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight because it was it was well over a week ago, but it's it's there was. There were some winners and losers, believe it or not. And the way you're not gonna believe I say that, I mean and I'm not. I'm not talking Mike Tyson, who actually won a lot of money. I'm not. I'm not talking Jake Paul, who is If you still don't know who the guy is. He's some YouTube influencer and he's one hell of a marketer. But he won too. He won also. But there's been a fast narrative that Netflix's upcoming the NFL Christmas Games could be a technical disaster based on what happened last week. Because despite the fact that sixty million people allegedly tuned in to stream what they were hoping to see a fight, and there was a few good ones on the undercard, but there was massive streaming issues. It was almost a joke. Netflix is a joke, which actually which is pretty ironic too. But anyway, the Netflix is going to scream stream but not one, but two NFL games. Let me help you out jumping from a paid side show joke of what the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight was to the NFL. Netflix. You're playing with the big boys. Netflix. You're on the clock. Netflix. If you screw up in an NFL game, you just you give it up. Baby, it's done. But it's probably just as likely that the Christmas games and Netflix are gonna be fine. And it's probably just as likely that Peacock and Amazon will also screw up an NFL game or YouTube TV well, or any streamer will. And I'm gonna tell you why. I'm a realist and I'm not a hater, but just listen to me, people, This is the stuff that I cover because it's streaming. It's streaming. Streaming is unpredictable, and it is far from as reliable as cable and satellite. People still seem to not understand this, no matter how many times I say it. Not that continue to run away on the Tyson Paul fight. But as advanced media lessons go, it delivered a knockout. And I'll start with Netflix. They were a big winner, that's right, a winner. What do they win? Well, they won a crash course in network topology and a live case study on what it takes to deliver sixty million concurrent streams over the public Internet. Yes, they have some homework to do. They the production value was horrible. No one cared. It wasn't the main event. They won a place in the global news cycle for several days. You want brand awareness, I that Friday night, I was making Netflix. I never typed the word Netflix. I was making Netflix jokes. But you know what a lot of if you're from the theory, hey, even bad PR is good PR. Netflix they got a ton of PR. Education's expensive when you add it all up, when you add up the purse, the gate, the streaming costs of production costs. This win if you will, it probably cost Netflix between seventy five to one hundred million dollars. They may have not been a winner in your book, but they learned a big lesson. Jake Paul, I didn't know much about this dude, Love him or hate him. Guy understands this game better than anyone else. People call me a marketer, and I am a marketer. I branded myself the high tech text in twenty three years ago, before social media was around. I was an influencer before the word influencer. Really was around to even denote what was going on. I know and understand how to pimp yourself, how to pimp your own brand. Everybody does it right now and you need to this, Jake Paul, I need to take a lesson. This dude didn't just win the fight. He delivered a masterclass social video, social media, shameless self promotion, streaming is in the future. It's the present people watching this dude. This was a completely fabricated event. This fight. It raked in cash and attention. Man like, it was just it was nobody's business. This dude got paid to beat up an old man. He's okay with it. Tyson fifty eight years old. He won because he crushed the meta game. He reminded us, really that age is just a number. And if you have a discipline to train like a madman for six months, whatever he did, did he win or lose that it doesn't matter who cares. The fight was rigged. It was it heavily choreographed because it's boxing. The outcome didn't matter. Mike Tyson really couldn't lose. If he survived, he won. If he won, he won. He really won, win, win, win, win, win everything. What's the takeaway. Here's the takeaway for me, and this is the way I look at it. Traditional media is officially out for the count there's my little you know, boxing analogy. It's out for the count traditional media. No amount of nostalgia for the good old days. Uh uh, this was it. You go back to streaming right now, don't. Streaming is relatively new, and I want you to think about the history of media. Radio, the media that you're listening over the air on right now, the fifty If you're not listening on podcas as, you're listening plausably live right now, I am broadcasted of a radio frequency on iHeartRadio in Dallas and San Antonio. Okay, that is it, right, Radio as we know it, and we're gonna go back to Marconi has been well, well over what one hundred years. Then we got television. Television as we now know it's been around since what nineteen forty five, nineteen fifty, so television as we know it now seventy years, seventy five years. Print okay, print has been around incredibly a long time. Okay. The Internet as we know it, we're getting shorter now, the World Wide Web as we know it, what the mid to late nineteen nineties. Okay, twenty five years streaming what five years? Six years? So it's infancy. That's why it's unpredictable. Suck it up. I remember watching Prime Video owned by Amazon, when they did their first n NFL game three years ago. It's like, oh, my goodness, this is a paradigm shift. Did it's not going to be on Fox, CBSNBC or ESPN. What am I gonna do? I logged onto Prime and it was had some latency, it was relatively slow. This is going to be horrible. Guess who's laughing all the way to the bank. Well, the NFL, but also Prime because NFL games are content and people subscribe to watch that content. They watch NFL games, and their production value has gotten better. And Prime has figured out. Peacock last year owned by Comcasts, they figured it out. Peacock handled the Olympics this past year in Paris so well, wasn't even funny. Great job of having so simultanean so many different sports, so many different channels you can do that. This was the new one for Netflix. Again. I'm giving us some slack nail mcoffin or a lot of kudos come Christmas. Day, all right, bottom of the hour, what else you got new phone number three four six twenty nine Texan. As you're listening to the High Tech Texan show plus than thirty minutes ago. If you're counting, I can let you be on with your weekend or whenever you are listening to this, would you thank you for downloading the podcast. It's by the way, this is a radio show as it starts, so kids, if you don't know what radio is, it's like a podcast, but it's live and it's broadcasted over airwaves. In this case Houston. It's k PRC nine fifty am now heard in San Antonio on the big blow towards WOAI and then callum my man over here behind the glass. He takes this beautiful audio and then he puts it up on our servers an iHeartRadio app and then you can just search the iHeart Radio app from Michael Garfield or high Tech Textan and you can listen to it as a podcast too. So point is, however you are listening, I do thank you. If you we got a new phone number three four six twenty nine Texan, leave them leave me a voicemail. If we have nobody picks up and we'll maybe air your audio of your voice to make you famous, which, by the way, having your voice on the radio does not make you famous. And you could take that from me. After twenty three years, who got a lot a number of emails. Hey Michaels, this is a good time to buy a smartphone. Into the year, you don't see a lot of Yeah, you're gonna see some smartphone sales. You're gonna see some rebates too. For example, if you want an Apple and if you want an iPhone, Apple does not discount their phones, but Apple will package things together for deals. You're still pretty much gonna pay the full price. But oh, by the way, if you sign up for Apple, you're gonna get one hundred and fifty dollars iTunes card or something like that. Maybe you're gonna get an extra battery charger. Nothing new has been released over the past month or two. The latest iPhone came out a few months ago. Samsung's generally released two times a year between their flip phones and foldable phones, and there's a whole slew of phones coming out. My question in somebody ask this, Michael, if I get a new smartphone, what should I do with my old one? And can I sell it? The answer is absolutely yes, you can sell it. And I've talked about this, and you can sell it a number of different ways. There are services that will specifically take your electronics very conveniently. They will even mail mail you a box and a cart and you mail it back to them, and depending if it's in very good shape, they're going to give you relatively top dollar. If it's scratched up and doesn't work, and they're not going to give you as much. I mean, you can google search all you want. I'm not going to go through that stuff. You can give it away. You could just throw it in a box, which I have most and think about it. I've had and tested so many smart smartphones or even dumb phones, going back twenty plus years. I have boxes of them. I don't know why. Maybe one day I think I'm going to open a high tech text and museum and I'm like, hey, do you remember when this phone slid out and there was the size of a laptop. I don't know it's there, but I saw this stat which is interesting. Nearly seventy percent of US smartphone owners have never sold their old phones. Now I want you to ask yourself, I see if you can guess? Why? See if you can get What have you done when you got an old smartphone? If you're given it to your kids, just give it to a spouse, give it to a friend, you toss it, or did you sell it? Nearly seventy percent of American smartphone owners said they've never sold a phone that they longer need and you know why. Well, here's the biggest response. About seventy seven percent. Three quarters of smartphone owners say that resale value was either not influential in their purchase decision or they even considered. A lot of people are not confident in the resell value of their smartphones. Is it even worth it? Or should it just remain a paperweight on your desk. The market for refurbished and use mobile phones in this kind was eight billion dollars last year, and that is forecasted to triple by the end of twenty thirty one. This is from Zion Market Research. Okay, iPhones, Yes, they do have a good reputation for retaining value. It's good choice for shoppers if you looking for It's like the Toyotas or jeeps of smartphones. Right, But why do people hold onto their smartphones. Well, the reasons consumers provided for not selling old phones it varied, and I'm looking at this the pole results over here. But the reason the results indicate that most people they don't want to make the effort. You lazy people, you didn't know where to resell it. But here's another one. They're worried about their privacy. They're worried about their privacy that people are going to the new owner of their phone are going to get the data from that old device. Really, it's actually easy to understand why you got more than fifteen hundred data breaches have already happened.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna going back to the first half of this year of twenty twenty four big ones at and T Ticketmaster. You got phone makers like Apple and Samsung, and they're aware of these worries and they've rolled out privacy updates to their devices. It's all good. But despite that, though data privacy, it's holding back most smartphone owners from selling their devices. You need, if you want to sell it, delete every single thing from that phone. But before you do, make sure you back it up because your phone contains a lot of your personal stuff. I want you to look at your gallery, look at your photos right now. Now, hopefully you may be smart enough to back up your phone on a regular basis. Back it up to the cloud, put things in the iCloud, put things on one drive, put whatever it is. If you don't do that, maybe once every week or so. Plug your I mean we're gonna go og old school radio. Plug your phone in to your computer, your desktop, your laptop, Transfer your photos, your contacts, your videos off your phone. Number one. It clears up your phone, which may gives you more memory on a phone. But now you have a backup in case you lose your phone, case someone steals your phone. You need to do that before wiping data clear from your phone, back it up unless you just don't want it, but something tells me you want something on there. Okay. At that point, the best way to wipe your phone is you go to your settings and then you hit reset to factory data, reset to when it came out of the factory. It's going to have to jump through hoops. It's gonna it's going to ask you, is this really you? Who owns a phone? Is going to put your four digit input? You know the password? Is it going to look do your your face recognition, your your fingerprint. It's going to ask you, are you sure you want to delete this to factory reset. I do this a lot because when I review phones, odds are I've got after thirty days or whatever, the company wants it back, so I factory reset mine. It's not that big of a hassle, big of a deal. I do back up that phone because if I've used it for a month and you know, take photos and whatever, but then I factory reset it, and sure enough, pretty much everything is gone. So much so that when you turn that phone on again, it says, HI, to set up your phone into your Google name or whatever it is. Factory reset. But again, think about it before you do it, back up everything. Then you go ahead and do it. But that's one of the reasons why how many people and again we got about with fifteen twenty minutes over here, three four, six, twenty nine Texan, how many people just don't sell their phones? How many do you have right now? I probably have cell phones doing the show twenty three years. I get this phone, I get this phone, I get this. I mean, I don't know, Matt, what do I got? I got? I don't know I got what eighty ninety phone sitting gaining dust. I mean, I go back to the BlackBerry. I have no Kia. I have branded. ESPN came out with the phone swear. ESPN came out with If I have the ESPN phone, it's a brick. Barbie just actually, Barbie just came out with its own branded phone. I got phones that slide, I got phones that flip. I got flowing phones that fold. They're funny. Did just look at these things?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: This is how far we've come. What's new is old again. Now there's flip phones. You remember the flip phone they used to have. I actually were I carry a flip phone. That's my number one phone right now. I have the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip six. It's a great flip It's a great phone. Does a heck of a lot more than the old Motorola Star Tack came out back in the day. You're sitting on money, people. If you want to do it, it could be nostalgia for people. It could be some extra money in your pocket. Just if data privacy is you're concerned, wipe it clean, wentce, you back up the stuff and there you go. Fifteen more minutes. I have the High Tech Texting Show. Try to get your phone calls in three, four, six, twenty nine. Text in Garfield that iHeartMedia. Before we wrap it up, but don't go anywhere. Final segment this week of the High Tech Texan Show. It is Miguel Michael Garfield. I will release you to do whatever you need to do to carry on with your weekend. Or if you're listening to this on podcast, thanks for downloading it. Hopefully you subscribe to it listen on a regular basis. Big time of year for me, obviously, it's the holiday gift giving season. Doing a lot of media hits. What are the best options for Black Friday? The Cyber Monday? Is this a good deal? What's the hot? Good games and cars and trucks and everything? This weekend? A lot of TV stuff. If you're in Houston, tune into Great Day Houston Channel eleven CBS, where I am a contributor and I'll be doing a lot of things in the next few weeks, including hosting the show the second a few days day or two in the second week of December. Excited about that it's amazing. Throw some makeup on a pig. It could be semi decent. It's just it's it's lights and makeup people, that's that's real. He was I got a face for radio. Final few minutes here Callum Reid on the other side of the glass. Thank you very much for all you continue to do to make me sound great. And also thanks to Brian Erics. And Brian Erickson is the program director at k Pierce actually all the AM stations here in Houston on iHeartRadio. He has been my guy, the boss for pretty much almost since I've been here for twenty years. And he got a got a nice little promotion there. He now is programming our Dallas, Austin and San Antonio stations for iHeart and with that he's he's taking me with him to some of those markets. And so first week to be heard on w o A I in uh in San Antonio and looking forward to that and adding some more cities, and so I appreciate so big shout out to Mark Sherman. Mark Sherman is he's also he's like a vice president of programming, and he's vice president of being probably the nicest guy in radio, Mark Sherman radio personality, but also behind the scenes for so many markets there. Mark was involved in an accident earlier this week. He's he's doing relatively well and thoughts his prayers that June, his wife, his kids, and everybody. But the dude has got a great sense of humor and he's just making do of it. So we're thinking about him, and maybe Santa's got a little extra special for him, including a new car since his car is no longer working. Mark, if you need some advice on buying new cars and trucks, I may want to listen to this show because it's one of the things that I do. I was talking about the smartphones last segment. What are the reasons most people don't sell their old smartphones. A lot of people are scared of their data privacy. Oh if I sell it, people are going to see my data and photos legit reason, and I'm glad people are thinking about that. But there are ways to remove and factory reset your phones. But you may be sitting on money. I mean, if you've got a relatively recent phone, maybe you know and similar one or two or three generations older than what you have right now, and it's in good condition, which hopefully you've put a case on it, you can get several hundred dollars or credit on something, so you should think about that. But somebody wrote in here to Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com, GARF love your show. Congrats on the upgrade. It's not really an upgrade. Is it an upgrade to be in San Antonio? It's an expansion to San Antonio? Thank you so much. What about password managers? Is that something that I should put on my phone or even on my desktop computer? Do they work? It's a good question. That's from Jeff. Jeff is in the Woodlands, Texas, just north of Houston. Anybody know the most common password? Anybody can guess what is the most common password. Believe it or not, it's not the word password. I think that's number two. It's one, two, three, four, five six. I have no clue why it's just six digits. I have no whatever. Because people are lazy. How long does that take to crack a second Nord pass? They did a study the most common passwords. They've been looking at the most common passwords for about six years. Right now it may be time to start using a password manager. A manager it is. It's an app, and it's a helper, and it's much more technologic advanced than keeping passwords in a book on sticky notes. A password manager's an app and it keeps your passwords encrypted and secure. It also does something you probably didn't know, but it helps you avoid using the same password over and over again. Password it's a key to accessing any account. If you use that same key everywhere and some bad person gets a hold of it, they can get in everywhere. So password managers. There's a lot of password manager apps out there. Apple has a new one. It's called Passwords, an app that you can download on the iPhone. It's very good, but only if you use Apple products. Okay, if you have an Android or Chrome. Google has their own password manager and guess what it's called. Oh, it's called password Manager Free. It's simple. It actually works across across a ton of devices. If you want a third party, there's nord pass has one. There's there's a long been up that one of the older ones. It's called one password, the number one password dash Lane. That da s h L A N E dash lane bit warden bit. I like the name of that one Bitwarden. It's it's free. It's an open source, which means a lot of people help keep it secure. Once you sign up, you download the app and all your devices or maybe the extension on your web browser, okay, and then you can turn on your auto fill and your phone set on your phone settings, and you select your password manager and pretty much you're set together. The relatively easy to use. Some are free, some cost money. I suggest maybe starting out with a freebie bit Warden or again Google's password manager. Apple you've got something called passwords. If you don't think it's secure enough, maybe worth paying something a little bit more nord Pass or something like that. But yeah, to answer your question, Jeff and the Woodlands, thank you for tuning in password managers. They are not a bad thing, you know, it's not a bad thing. Me shutting up, me getting out of here and letting who whatever show our program is on after me giving them the year at time, I would like to thank Listen. We do this and it doesn't cost you anything. It is free. It's not a subscription like a streaming service, because we do think our sponsors. It's like a commercial and we do think everything from the United States coins and enjoy Us coins and jewelry. I was there earlier this week. Man, they got a whole slew of new watches in They've got some new rolexes that are phenomenal women. If you want some ice, some diamonds and tennis bracelets, they're right on it Katie Freeway and Houston right at Voss Road. You can also hit him online. Trust them on the web. They've been around for two generations. You've got Matthew, You've got Kenny Duncan. Trustworthy guys and they know they can get a lot of things. If you look for a specific watch or jewey, they got it. But obviously they do a lot of coins, coin collecting. They were very busy. It's very festive there at us Coins and Jewelry. Also Total Wireless. Thanks to them, I've been using their five G home wireless Internet. Going to have an interview about that next week with those folks. It's a new way to get home internet signals if you don't want to pay the high exorbit a cost of a cable of things like that. Total Wireless many stores here and around Houston area and the Texas also Campbell's Compounding Pharmacy if you're looking for a compounding pharmacy for a number of different things. Two locations in the Houston area. You can check that out. And again, thanks to everybody who made this one happening twenty three years. We've always only been trushly in Houston getting I'm getting for clempt I. I don't know. I guess my parents are kind of happy for me too, But San Antonio, we wilcome yout to the family WAI and hopefully we're going to expand from there. For all of us who have been a part of the show, thank you so much. Happy holiday days. We will talk to you the day after Black Saturday, or the weekend after Black Saturday, which means a few days before Cyber Monday, and we'll give you some better deals with that. The name is Michael Garfield and right now this show is over.