Speaker 1: Hello, Here we are with a new episode of Pints and Pages. I'm Nick and for today's episode, we are going to talk about a controversy conspiracy, it's not.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's really a conspiracy. It's pretty much right there. It's yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: A it's a controversy with between a YouTuber and a corporation. Well, it started out with an individual store turned into a corporation.
Speaker 1: Well, and it started with a just a grandfather trying to pay for his children, his grandchildren's education. That turned into his son that turned it over to the YouTuber.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just say I didn't know what the money was for. If anyone can tell it's the reckless Bend it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what it is is the bricks and minifigs reckless reckless Bend controversy. You know, I only know I So I'll start with what little bit that I tiny know. When I was trying to explain it to Misty, she looked at me and she said, is that all the information you have? And I said yeah, And she goes, how are you going to get a podcast out of it? And I said, Levi and Brad, Yeah, yeah, So Levi and Brad know way more than I do. But I think the whole premise is it started with a grandfather had been buying Star Wars legos since they started, yeah, and had not opened any of them, and then went to his son and said, I want to sell everything that I've been collecting for years and pay for the grandchildren's education. And the little did the son know that he had two hundred thousand dollars worth of the lego Star Wars stuff.
Speaker 4: We can get more into that, but that is with what we have seen.
Speaker 3: It is still contended how much it was actually worth. Some people are looking at eighty to one hundred and twenty thousand. Some people say that some of those sets are like two hundred, like with all of it combined, could be a little over two hundred thousands.
Speaker 1: Well kind of all over it.
Speaker 2: I think the argument on that front is stemming from the fact that consumers in the secondary market versus a business in the secondary market, correct, They're gonna fucking.
Speaker 1: Low ball you.
Speaker 2: Everybody's gonna lowball you. There's conflicting levels of inventory lists, what has been sold already what hasn't. Because some of those sets did sell and they did get paid for some of them but there's there is some before the ownership change and shit. Yeah, but I think if you look at that overall list and you were trying to rebuy that entire list right fucking now, you are going to spend more than two hundred thousand dollars because of shipping fees, this, that, the fucking other sourcing everything, It's gonna cost you that much.
Speaker 1: So I guess where I'll start is I kind of laid the foundation that was how it was going in, and then I will let you guys go. So I know there was a contract written the son went to a lawyer, had a contract written up to take in with the materials to the store. And the store in question it's a store in Utah, which is a franchise of Bricks and Minifigs, which Bricks and Minifigs is a company that sells, yeah, and sells Legos. They a lot a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people love the comparison that they are the game stop of Legos.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, all right, But I will also say, because some people have gotten it fucked up, I imagine you two might understand it better. At first this only had to do with the franchise e, and now it has to do with the corporation, but all the other franchisees have no like any of the other brand so Minifigs does have no influence. Well a lot of people online and granted it's the internet idiot mentality, but they've been going and punishing other Bricks and Minifigs by being assholes at stores or being jem gasses.
Speaker 1: And it's like, hey, yeah, basically what it is is Bricks and Minifigs is is essentially a game stop. It's with the exception of the fact that each one is independently owned.
Speaker 3: Well, the easier way to compare it is McDonald's. McDonald's owns the building. They owned the property, but the owner, the franchiser, is the one who put up the money to build it and is the one that technically owns I guess they owned the building. McDonald's owns the ground breaks and Minifigs also owns the building.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure they lease it.
Speaker 2: But their their contract agreements are actually some pretty sketchy fucking things if you start reading like that. There were a lot of franchises that posted their agreements up after this ship and it's weird.
Speaker 1: And it has nothing to do with Lego. Lego does not any of it. It's it's a nactual corporation called Bricks and Minifigs that that maybe this guy built one building somewhere and then and then all of a sudden just decided to sell franchise out other local like, hey, do you want to own a bricks and many figs in your thing? I will franchise it out. That's why I think the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the main reason why so many locations are getting attackedive or something they had nothing to do with is because they're trying to take I think the fucking country is trying to take this franchise completely.
Speaker 1: Out at this point.
Speaker 2: They are trying to because since the way it was mishandled, it's not we all know the individual franchisees are not the problem. But if they're going to continue to pay this humongous corporation, who is the problem. They're fucking money for being a franchise e. Then that's that's why people don't, I don't think give a shit right now, right and they want the franchise gone in its entirety because you've got CEOs going on news channels making blatant lies, false reporting, like this dude should have like thirty fucking felonies.
Speaker 1: He did it all on camera.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the other problem is while the other franchisees may not have an issue it, it may not like they may not do this, but the general public sees that if one franchisee was able to do it to one person and get the backing of the corporation, then any franchisee could do it to any person.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's it because you had a or who every bit of their shit and not even including like the consignment things, but their whole fucking store was stolen from him. Yeah, that was a stolen fucking Like if you read the fucking contracts and they keep doing this whole rico shit against they're the ones racketeering breaks. So Minifigs franchise, like the whole thing is the one record because they just went in and fucking stole a thing and they Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now what happened was he he had this contract, he went in, he gave them and then the interview I saw with his son from Reckless Ben was that he had basically the son had said, Hey, we went in and took pictures of the store after we dropped off the merch and like ninety percent of the store was ours. Was my dad shit on the shelves, Like they had to go buy extra shelving because my dad had so much stuff. Okay, So now so that the people listening, because we we obviously there's a lot layers and layers and layers to this, a lot of bricks. So yeah, a lot of bricks, a lot of minifigs. So what happened after that? So he dropped it all off, He took pictures. They did get paid for some of it.
Speaker 2: But then the original yeah, the original store owners were wanting to sell their business and get out of the franchise. They were going to move out of the country, and they were trying to handle everything properly. And then as soon as corporate got wind of it, they came and just took the fucking store from them, didn't They.
Speaker 1: Had They had another store owner, and I use that in quotes because they never could actually produce the other store owner correct because the interview that I saw with the lady, yeah they owned the store that said, Hey, my husband got a job out of the country. We had signed this contract with this guy. He brought in everything, We got him all set up. I gave. I called corporate and I said, hey, I want to sell and they were like, I explained the situation with me buying all this product and me getting out of the country. And then they they called me back and were like, oh, look, we've got another guy that wants to buy, like close enough to your area. And she's like, oh, okay, he goes, so instead of us franchising out to him in another location, we're just going to have him buy yours. And she was like okay. But then, like the way I understood it, it got very convoluted because she never actually met the owner. Yeah, and then when she tried to go back into the store, two dudes that she had never seen before just seized her. Just just she came into the store, they stopped her at the door and they kicked her out and she was never allowed to go back in. And then when reckless Ben went in and tried to talk to the manager, she he asked if he could see the owner, and she couldn't produce the owner. She couldn't produce, so then everybody was just assuming.
Speaker 3: They used the second owner as an excuse for them to just this the store.
Speaker 1: To quote the movie The New Store owner was a red herring for bricks and for bricks and minifing to just go in and seize everything because they wanted all this product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they seize all the inventory, and then once a court case was one, they closed the store so they didn't have to pay because they actually they had been one in civil court, in not civil court, in a small claims court, and then they closed the business and somehow that negated all the liability.
Speaker 3: Which that's also where not where a lot of the issues coming into. But part of the big issue is the fact of he had to go through all of these loops and holes just go just get him into small claims court because they the police were actively not allowing him to serve him civil court papers.
Speaker 1: Yeah see, And I think that's where you guys know more than I do, because my story pretty much ends there, because that's about as far as I got was Then reckless Ben was going and trying to find out who the new owner was. They couldn't produce the owner. Then the police showed up, trespassed him, told him he couldn't come back or he'd be arrested. Yeah, so like the son couldn't go back, the grandpa could well, the grandpa was so poor health ben at that point.
Speaker 3: I can't remember how he managed to do it, but he found where the guy lived, or he found roughly the area where he stayed and propped up outside of the house and stores with signs and.
Speaker 2: A bunch of the supposed new owner, yeah, people who had taken over the store.
Speaker 1: There was two guys.
Speaker 2: One of them clammed the fuck up, met with them, didn't do much. The other one just started making all kinds of false reports to the police. He's like, they were gonna burn our house down, and you know, like all this kind of crazy shit. He called and said they had a bunch of heroin in the car, so they got them pulled over for that, and the cops followed everything.
Speaker 1: That's the part I don't really part of it.
Speaker 3: Well, part of that's part of where the big more into like Rico bullshit.
Speaker 4: When you go into that town. They're Mormons. They're all Mormons.
Speaker 3: And I'm not trying to say Mormons are bad people, but a majority of the police force, or at least a majority of the people working on that case, and then the people that were from corporate that took over the bricks and Minifig store.
Speaker 4: They're all Mormons also, so they all stuck together.
Speaker 2: No one's really brought this up too many times.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I think Ben did in one of his early videos. But Bricks and Minifig is also the largest donator of money to that police department.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. Yeah, that was spoken up. They don't.
Speaker 2: Bricks and Minifigs donates a lot of money to police and ship in the towns where their fucking people reside.
Speaker 3: Which I will say, if you took all of the controversy away with how uh how expensive legos are and how legos are and how bad the secondary market is, I can understand doing that just to be like, hey, I want them pronto to the investigation or to a break in. Now that all this shit's happening, it's like, oh, what was your real intention there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: He just he's done it on fucking How the fuck is he not in jail? Like he everybody from Bricks and Minifigs has committed crimes directly on fucking television and they're not. I don't why aren't they getting not to Trump all the way to the end. But where we're at in current day, the judges aren't listening to Ben Now, part of that's his own issue from me. He's got one, he's got one judge that's helped, he's.
Speaker 3: Got one, but he's representing himself in court, so I think that's his big problem.
Speaker 4: No one's taking him serious.
Speaker 2: No, well, yeah, and the way he speaks sounds like some dumb kid who's just coming up and trying to pulling out like he really like his weakness is his fucking the way he looks in his voice, if he spoke like a more articulate, intelligent, fucking person. Those guys that have been walking thrown in prison a long time ago, and it's just it's like the whole YouTube thing and it's like, yeah, there's cops legitimately not taking you serious because someone mentioned you had a YouTube channel. And I think what cops seem to do is when they hear that, they're like, oh, we need to be on our tippy top best behavior because there's gonna be fucking cameras everywhere. Yeah, yeah, and we need to make sure what's going on. Because if someone's throwing this much of a budget to bring a subpoena to someone's house, and you read it and you're a police officer and you see that it's a subpoena, and you call the fucking place that said, yes, this is a fucking subpoena that you're gonna give it to him instead of breaking thirteen fucking laws instead on camera speaking of subpoenas, This subpoena fucking bends Gmail account. That was also something that was a violation of rights. So if Ben really wanted to, he can go after Google now for breach of terms of services, violation of your fucking constitutional right, all kinds of shit. And they got he had a gag order restraining order on him. They got that revoked because the judge is like, this just violates every fucking fourth of them in right he's got.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, they escalated it, which is they this is the only time breaks a mini fig fucked up. They escalated it, adding more charges on to try to make stuff would stick. They made it felonies, which took it federal, and a federal judge looked at the gag order and went, what the fuck are we doing? This is a this is against his First Amendment right, like Brad said, and lifted finally lifted the gag order.
Speaker 1: So if can you scroll down through here while you guys are talking, I want to read because so is the store in American Fork. No, the store is.
Speaker 2: An Oregon and this is spread all way from Yeah, they've had to chase these idiots to their homes because they won't do anything, and the headquarters is in Utah. At one point Ben fled to Mexico apparently, now that was never confirmed, but he ended one of his videos being like, yeah, I have evidence that the police were trying to come find me in Los Angeles, so I left the country, is what he claimed.
Speaker 4: Obviously we don't know if he did or didn't.
Speaker 2: But just the fact that you have to put that in a video because you feel, yeah, they're they're afraid, almost quite literally breaking the law by chasing these people down across state lines or having other police department don't I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Sorry, No, that's all right.
Speaker 1: In response, CEO stated that BAM franchise interminated the prior franchise maintained that consignment agreements are not authorized under franchise rules, which we found there in their.
Speaker 3: Actual terms of service with franchisees, it is allowed, It's up to the franchisee corporate just has no hands in it.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: They made up the reasons for seizing the store, so they like quite literally lied to seize it as well. I can't remember exactly how that went, but yeah, everything bricks and Minifig says somebody else did there in the middle of doing it at that exact fucking moment. That every fucking single thing they've tried to nab Ben with is something they are doing in that fucking particular moment. And they keep saying, well, why haven't you tried to give them back? Why And the CEO's like telling everybody, We've tried, but no one answers. We've tried, but you know no one will get back. Okay, you have not fucking tried, because you get the list of Legos and you drive to their fucking house and put them on the porch and you take a photo, knock on the door, call them be like.
Speaker 1: Here they are.
Speaker 2: Here's photo evidence of all your fucking Legos on your porch. That's how you solve it, dumb fuck like, well, you're not trying. If you didn't drive the fucking Legos to their house, you're not doing a goddamn thing. If you didn't put them in a truck and drive them somewhere right right, according.
Speaker 3: To the Google AI because I googled A because I was with you, I couldn't remember what their reasonings were. Their reason for seizing the franchise in the first place was part of it was the controversy going on. But Breaks and Minifig claimed that Crystal was behind on her rent payment and her franchise e payments. But I granted, I don't know how much you can find receipts for any of that because it's a he said. She said, Yeah, I mean without getting into anybody's accounts or personal finances, right.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: I just I just don't understand how anybody cuation anybody can look at this. And I don't want you to like harass people at the other places. Just don't fucking go there, Like, yeah, that's the people need to quit fucking showing up to these stores at all.
Speaker 1: Just don't go.
Speaker 2: And that's how you fight this, Like you just don't go and you just keep your fucking mouth shut, mine your own business, let the people involved in an issue take care of of it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, because it's man, I had told Brad yesterday when we had talked about this. I can't believe Lego hasn't stepped in.
Speaker 3: They kind of they can, but they can't. This is all second market. They like this like Wizards trying to stop scammers on eBay by It'd be like it'd.
Speaker 1: Be like TCG player ripping somebody off. Yeah, Wizard's way, because I mean that's will happened.
Speaker 2: Well, they can do certain things. They can shut off distribution.
Speaker 4: Yes, they can stop any new product.
Speaker 2: They can keep them from loose bricks, they can keep them from being on their website and ordering. Like, it's not too fucking hard for Lego to quietly just do some things nobody will ever know happened unless somebody at corporate speaks the fuck out. And they're not going to do that because it's more bad press. It's like Lego just shut us off because of all those yet and they'll start bitching and I'm like, Wow, the people that make the fucking product that you just stole from people told you no more, right, And it's like that means we should probably fallow. I would think Lego would be justified in doing it. Yeah, And they don't even need to fucking say anything publicly.
Speaker 1: They just come fucking it is funny that, like, so scroll up and I know we're talking about the the this thing. I want to know, like click on bricks and mini figs? Do they have a Wikipedia? Do they have like am Like? I don't think. I don't think they do publicly traded? Yeah, like is bricks and minifigs? Like?
Speaker 4: Is that like a they only have the controversy has a Wikipedia?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, bricks and many.
Speaker 3: Because people have been typing that one in it is not a publicly traded company.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this Brian no, Brian Mantell is not. That is the son Almond mcneth. Yeah, that guy's that guy.
Speaker 4: That guy's a piece of ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so is the Johnson. What's his name? Joshua Johnson.
Speaker 2: Joshua Johnson. He's the biggest fucking liar. Brandon Best is the only one that's been sorry, I can see more quiet and uninvolved. Ah okay, he must be the fucking brains or something here.
Speaker 1: He must be the conco.
Speaker 3: Just specifically that called the police and said that Ben threatened to burn the store down, burn headquarters down and kill everybody inside and shoot him.
Speaker 1: And all this.
Speaker 2: Joshua Johnson has said that they made threats against their house and stuff. He had him trespassed off of public property where he was allowed to do things.
Speaker 1: They tried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're trying to charge them with vandalism because he posted a sign on a public board for posting signs.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and he was the one that said the heroin don't don't go back up because like, yeah, because right there bricks, there's bricks and minifigs's history like founded and yeah, found Battleground Washington by David Ortiz. I'm assuming not the first basement for the Red Sox and.
Speaker 2: John Okay, sick Amon and Matt have also sued their father and done a lot to take out I'm glad you brought this up. Yeah, So they started their father for a company which is a has one of the shistiest fucking business names.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I didn't see what the we steal your money.
Speaker 2: It's something, my dude, it's very a possessive term, like I'm it's like I'm gonna steal your shit and this is where I hide all my tax fraud. But they took it from their father, and then their father countersued and fucking took some ship back.
Speaker 1: And it was like a big battle.
Speaker 2: But these two idiots are literally the worst fucking people that you could ever encounter. They steal, they lie, they cheat, and they only care about each other and they probably like fucking incest, fucking butt fuck each other somewhere and legally mine LLC. Legally mine LLC. Yeah, that is the next the company they stole from, and then their dad.
Speaker 1: Stole it back.
Speaker 2: Because they thought they had some kind of weird entitlement to it because it was their father's business and they didn't believe he was running things properly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he's like, I don't know, legally mine Yeah? Did they? They're all about it.
Speaker 3: So it was originally called the National Foundation for Asset Protection. They were later forced to rebrand as they were allegedly posing as some sort of nonprofit type of organization while being a for profit company, and so they rebranded to the ever iconic legally Mind Company.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They basically help businesses steal legally. Here's all the paperwork to make sure this ships yours now. So consignment So yeah, consignment specifically for medical protection professionals. Oh, legally mind asset protection for medical professionals, so they help they helped or they helped fucking doctors who botch jobs.
Speaker 4: A client first approach to wealth management. Yeah, I don't want to send a message to.
Speaker 1: Get the X down at the bottom.
Speaker 2: Oh, it sure seems like a front to some illegal activity. Your guys's camera was covering and I can.
Speaker 1: Sell okay, services go to service.
Speaker 2: Asset protection, tax strategies, medical lawsuits, and a state planning. I want to see medical lawsuits, so it's kind of convenient. They would know everything about a dying man's property while stealing a dying man's property. Yeah, and running a fucking What drives a medical malpractice lawsuit? That's a great malpractice the fact that you fucked something up. It comes down to two things, cause and motivation. No, it comes down to you fucked.
Speaker 1: Up, so they offer malpractice insurance.
Speaker 3: The cause is often an alleged medical error netlag.
Speaker 4: Yes, what the motivation is financial.
Speaker 3: If personal assets are exposed, a malpractice claim becomes far more attractive to pursue. They are literally just practicing or helping shitty doctors practice shitty medicine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There, it is a complete family of the worst fucking people in the world. And I don't think we should be looking for like you like, we should not be Yeah, yeah, because it's cult fucking central I. You know, I used to want to live in Utah until like the last fucking ten years.
Speaker 1: What's about us all about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's in Ohio.
Speaker 4: This person I'm reading on Reddit posted this a month ago.
Speaker 2: They were sued last year by the Ohio State Bar Association free illegally practicing law in the state of Ohio, and they were found guilty by the State Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're not lawyers, but they're selling law, and they're selling law advice.
Speaker 4: Would you want about us company overview?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're out to fuck the consumer in any goddamn way they can. They literally need to be in prison the rest of their lives, regardless, just on a moral fucking basis personal assets. But it's hard to find the fact that they specifically target, like, hey, we want to make sure you keep your shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like, shouldn't people be wouldn't a doctor be more concerned of losing their license or their business or their ability to.
Speaker 1: Have a job.
Speaker 2: There's some mind somewhere that needs people to dig shit out of it, right, Yeah, I mean we just send in Russia. God, No, that sounds like a walk in the park. So they sometimes let gulog members into the open air. You want them strictly in the cold. They need to fucking be gone. They need to be gone from society. I can agree, Like, just remove them from the public, don't let them do anything's their fucking assets, since they want to protect everybody else's crooked bullshit.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think regless Ben could have definitely handled this like a responsible adult.
Speaker 1: In some regard. Yeah, but but but that does not make for good YouTube. Well that it doesn't.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't have got any content because that's part of doing it right.
Speaker 3: You know, I've given him enough shit. But in his latest video he even talks about it to uh who was a aimin. He was, uh, because Amen kept asking you or kept saying, you're doing this just for content, You're doing this to be an ass, You're taking the easiest route, blah blah blah. And he's like, I've sent you several emails before I ever started a YouTube video, before.
Speaker 2: I ever came to the location I sent. I went to your website, Yeah, went to your.
Speaker 3: Email and emailed you and immediately aim It's like, show me the fucking emails, forward it, forward it now, send it to me now. And he's like okay, and he pulls out his phone and you go scrolling and he finds and he shows it and immediately Aimen's like, that's not the right email. You're you're texting, you're emailing a ghost. And he goes, well, I got that off your company's website.
Speaker 1: Your you're the CEO.
Speaker 2: I got it off your website, not the store's website, your website.
Speaker 3: And he's like, yeah, but you're you're emailing you a ghost. I'll give you the proper email. And he's like, this still doesn't change anything. In my opinion, it still doesn't change anything. He attempted to go at it the right way of like civil conversation. Now I will say he's I won't call him, I won't say being an ass, but his name is quite.
Speaker 1: Reckless man. Yeah. I was like, his name's very appropriate. I mean it's not it's not fighting for a good cause in the responsible man, that reckless man.
Speaker 2: I just it's funny how frustrated and angry Amon was getting in that video the most and I'm like, you know, you're scolding yourself. You're projecting anger onto Ben because you're too fucking stupid to realize that everything you're mad about is your company's fuck up. Like you're not taking your own account of you're mad at your fucking self, and how everybody decided to handle this, Like I don't, I don't, fucking I don't get how getting angry and trying to scold someone for not doing something properly when you aren't doing a fucking thing but lying through your teeth the entirely, Like you know you're lying, so like you think you would try to make your argument a little more fucking believable.
Speaker 1: They are obviously lying. Yeah, because of the simple fact period past anything else, an old man and his son went into a store and dropped off a truckload of Star Wars lego shit so.
Speaker 4: Much the corporation had to bring in U hauls to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: And and they did it. And they, I mean, they have proof that they dropped it off. They have proof that it was in the store. They have a contract that said the store would sell it for him. You did something with it, wild means something with it.
Speaker 3: That contract is through a lawyer, and it may not be their lawyer, But isn't that a witness you could use for a case or for something or to help you in the legal system, being like, hey, I know I signed this contract state, or I forged up or I made up this document this contract for uh.
Speaker 1: Probably the probably didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can because it's I'm not saying like directly doing anything, but he's at least a witness saying hey, I'm part like I can Yeah. The most lawyer can say is yes, I wrote this. Yes, like they're going to be like.
Speaker 1: I wrote this in good faith. That's probably all the way it's.
Speaker 3: My point is is it testifies to there's a written document and a written contract to it, which means you have to acknowledge that it's a thing, right right, Yes.
Speaker 1: That is correct. I would think I would think that would be correct.
Speaker 3: But fun, let's play a fun game, because I've been playing guessing games with you guys with how immature Aiman acts. And I know you didn't necessarily get to see the video, but you've heard all about it. How old do you think this man is?
Speaker 1: Dude? He act like me? See if I can't fly saw a video of him, I was gonna guess of thirty five. I guess forty two.
Speaker 2: But he acts like a fucking mid twenties year old, dumbfuck wrong page. He has the brain of a fucking teenager right now.
Speaker 3: Like his thought process that is currently what Aimin mcneatfloks like in the most recent Ben reckless Ben video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have not seen that video. When I saw him, he was in the hallway of headquarters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you saw him freaking out on Ben.
Speaker 2: This This motherfucker ruins a good curly mustache for.
Speaker 1: The rest of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say that is that fucking snightly whiplash looking motherfucker?
Speaker 1: That is? Yeah, you call the Canadian Mounties, they'll handle it. Is he thirty five?
Speaker 4: And what did you say forty two? You were the closest. He's forty one.
Speaker 3: He does have a public birthdate, but he has a public graduation date for high school, and so eighteen years off of that would put him at nineteen eighty five of the year of birth. You'd take that from twenty twenty six as forty one. Okay, he is probably forty four then, because he got held back. That's probably why his birthday is not displayed. He took a few grades more than once. I'm assuming it started in kindergarten. I could assume you gotta be a fuck up if you're doing that in kindergarten. Uh, sir, your son has eaten more crowns than he's used to draw with.
Speaker 1: What do you instantly have to attack my arm? She's hyper, she's something, she's a minute go back to am on a Marth mcnaffy. Is that his name? Am? Amen? Amen?
Speaker 2: Mnf Amen. He's like he got kicked out of the fucking Amish. I swear one of the podcasts I listened to the Yard, that is their joke name for their friend Aiden when they're like calling him a dumb ass and ship, they call him Amen. So to hear this man actually named Amin, I'm like, man, there is a dumb ass named Amen.
Speaker 1: Can't hit back? What what Google search does Amen get? Is it just him?
Speaker 2: Probably at this point, okay, like some LinkedIn Facebook page Ship. If he was smart, his LinkedIn would be linked.
Speaker 1: To the fuck out. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, it's all just gonna be.
Speaker 1: Articles franchise that was one week ago.
Speaker 4: Oh this is gonna play please?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh wait a minute. Now this comes out in eighteen days, so do we do a live streaming? Oh? Fuck?
Speaker 2: This is an interview with him, which also I imagine you know this, Brad. He has went on like Fox News and Ship with all of his lies about Ben.
Speaker 1: I don't believe anything Fox News says, So I don't believe anything any of them. I don't, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying, like, this is how outrageous aims being.
Speaker 1: He's fucking the only news organization i'd probably and this is only because they're bland as fuck. Is either PBS or NPR, just because they're so bland as ship. I don't know that. Like nobody gets over. If you're watching news for entertainment purposes like CNN or Fox or MSNBC, then that's not really news. I mean you're getting some information supposed to be more one sided. I was supposed to read the news. Yeah, I just read the news. Yeah, and shut up.
Speaker 4: Just this is everyone finding off.
Speaker 1: Oh this is people. Yeah, this is what I was. I am not read it. What does that say? Circle jerk? Lego, circle jerk. That's the name of the plastic bricks are dulta only real serious Lego discussions.
Speaker 3: So just so you know, and Reddit circle jerk is a term when a bunch of people are super self righteous pricks and gatekeepy about a community. So when someone makes a community like Lego circle jerk, they're making fun of those people.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's a subreddit. That's why the description is like that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Typically I could be wrong. This could be an actual circle jerk subredd.
Speaker 1: And I am just here to tell you through my findings about CEO and ninety nine percent sure excuse me that he's been sued for other shady stuff involving other business I went out, probably I don't know, yeah, legally, okay, this is about legalind this is the Supreme Court of Ohio. Uh, Dan, Who's who's Daniel mcne is his dad? I think danis his dad. Okay, I don't know how much.
Speaker 3: I saw an email down below, and I don't know how much it showed, so I was like, I'm not going too far down.
Speaker 2: I don't need it looked like it censored some of it. It's a screenshot of your email. No, oh, it's whatever's posted on this reddit account. But oh, okay, I don't need to be sharing fucking emails.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, probably because I did read.
Speaker 3: The caption said email for Amon McNeff, and I was like, no, I'm not gonna be the one that gets in trouble for this.
Speaker 1: I'll put my face on it about now reckless nick. I yeah, I know. I'm like, I'm yeah, I don't even know what to say. I'm fascinated by this. It's discouraging that, I mean void franchises. Yeah, all motherfucking costs. It's it's definitely discouraging as like a small business owner that like people even do this to other people.
Speaker 2: But like there is there were some other videos I watched of people as well that has kind of nothing to do with this, but he wanted to see how crooked the people are that appraise your bricks and stuff when you go into bricks and minifigs. So he went to several locations with a curated, like random thing of little legos and minifigs in there, but he put special legos in there and took the minifigs apart in a way that it kind of disguise it. But there was like four hundred dollars fucking minifig, a ten thousand dollars fucking gold C three po or whatever the thou dollars. I think it was like one of ten thousand ever made, and he had one, and he took it into these places, and every one of them tried to undervalue him or tell him it was something else or it wasn't wrong. One of them even took the fucking C three po after saying it was fake. It's like, I think this is a fake one. It's like you move the arms and YadA YadA. And he was pointing out all these little things that would be like this is fake. It was spray painted or YadA YadA. And then if you look at how to identify one to make sure they're accurate. Everything he pointed out that indicated it was fake was the thing that indicated it was real because of the way the plating encoding works, and like all kinds of shit, you can't get them apart because it sticks them together. Like there's so many things.
Speaker 1: There's two things that I wanted to stay away from as much as I possibly could, and Robert. Robert was such a small piece. Using the consignment for the graded comics. I really wasn't worried about that, but consignment, I wanted to stay away from consignment, Yeah, because then you're putting not only are you putting other people's products taking up your shelf space, and then when it's sold, you get such a minimal count for it. But the other thing was is that I hate I honestly, I don't care for buying stuff from people. That's why I prefer to go to groad sales, the state sales, yard sales, like antique malls, like the flea markets, fucking shit like that and get my get stuff because I hate buying stuff from somebody because I always feel like if there's a hidden gem in there, I have to tell them like that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: So here's where I get excited telling people, oh my god, I think you got the expensive word, like do you know fucking pump?
Speaker 1: I would be just like it's just like I get a hold it. It's And that's why I always start every conversation with how much do you want for it? That's exactly what I was gonna say. If someone comes to me and goes, hey, I'm looking four hundred dollars for this, I'm gonna thumb through it and if I see things worth of value. And this is as a non business owner. But even in that aspect, I'm gonna thumb through it. If I see things the value, Sure, here's four hundred dollars. But if you hand me stuff and go how much and I find a gem, I feel obligated to say I found it. Hey, dude, this is super expensive.
Speaker 3: If you pull this out, I'll buy the rest, but this is going to charge twelve hundred dollars for it.
Speaker 1: Well, what I've started to do in the last couple of times, and I've turned comic book people away because I've just got I've got so much I don't need it. But even with the card people they'll come in, I'll sift through it. Sometimes I know what I'm looking at. Sometimes I know I don't want to sell. I don't want to The last two kids that have come in with like binders full of Pokemon, I was like, I'll be honest with you, I don't know what I'm looking at. And I was like, I was like, and I'm not gonna spend all day looking up all two hundred of these cards that are in a binder. And I was like, I think some of this stuff looks like it's expensive. But like every time I think I find an expensive Pokemon card, it's worth of a dollar twenty. So like pomon I.
Speaker 3: Bitch about this is a side small side tangent I bitch about Magic and their special foilings and their special editions, Pokemon ruined it for their fucking tcg over and over and over again. First it's gonna be hollows that we care about, and then it's gonna be Vmaxes, and then it's this kind, and then it's this And every time they introduce a new type of evolution or a new special thing in the game, or if they haven't done that in the games, they just decide, we'll make a new random printing and we'll do one of them. Unlike Magic, where it's like, okay, we're doing Galaxy foil on these thirty cards, they're like, oh hey, we're doing rainbow printing on two they have the lowest pole rate.
Speaker 1: Have fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like fuck you.
Speaker 1: So I usually just start with what do you want out of these O day And usually they the last couple of kids have been like I'm looking for this, and I'm just like, I don't know what I'm buying, so at best I could give you this, and and they both have walked away, and I told him that was fine. I didn't want to be I didn't want to.
Speaker 4: You're doing the correct thing as a bit, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, I don't know what I'm looking at, and I don't want to overpay. But I also like can respect the fact that if you know, I honestly, I send him over to level up the pokemono in town. I'm just say, hey, just go over there. That guy's gonna know exactly what he's looking at. And since he deals in like ninety eight percent Pokemon, he's it's gonna be more likely to spend more money on it than I am. Too.
Speaker 3: My brain also goes to and this is just dumb little business thing. But if you throw in there, hey, tell them I sense you. Because I don't deal with Pokemon, that gives them an idea. Oh, someone deals with magic.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Hey go over to Savini Comics.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think my whole point is I think ER's pretty good about that because because I do deal with magic. I mean, he he had magic for a little bit, which is fair. I mean, it'd be dumb for him to not carry some magic, just not specialize in it. You know what I mean. It's kind of like me with Pokemon. I carry some I have some Pokemon where you can get just don't. I just don't specialize. Like my specialty card game at the store is Magic. It's it's always gonna be Magic. But but it'd be dumb for me not to have other card franchises in the store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we played more, yeah, a lot of us. Yeah, so so yeah, we try to, but there's like no fucking support where like there is. It's like all the people that play it exist in some fantasy land that's not in our town.
Speaker 3: For the issue with like I'm thinking specifically, Riftbound is like Seth and I are like me and him still have never played a game. I don't even know how the fucking game's played. I want to learn, but I don't have time anymore. Yeah, because if I do have free time to play a card game, I haven't played Magic. I haven't played a Commander game in like six fucking months. Yeah, I'm gonna go play a fucking Commander game. I'm not gonna go learn Riftbound, but I want to learn Riftbound, right, I've tried.
Speaker 2: To learn a little bit, but I do It's kind of hard to learn a new card game any fucking more. Yeah, I put so much brain power on magic.
Speaker 3: And that's also my issue is I try to correlate everything to magic, and then when it doesn't click, I lose everything I could. I could like there, I could put three pieces in a row of a puzzle together, but if I can't find that fourth, it's like I didn't put.
Speaker 1: The other three there.
Speaker 2: Immediately, all the knowledge is like, I don't know what I don't know how this game works anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rick, Now Rick does to get back to consignment. Rick does consignment down at his store, and uh, I think it goes. I don't know that he does a lot of it, but I I think he also keeps it to certain people. I don't think that's everybody, kind of like me and the robed situation. Like I think he keeps it to certain people, but he's just like, hey, listen, I'm gonna throw this on eBay for you, and like if it sells great. If it doesn't, then I completely I can't. I can't control it. Your shit doesn't sell your shit, so like you know so, but yeah, I mean, like I said, I I don't like doing that, Like totally different wave base or way of thinking for me is like the trades that we did in the story yesterday. Yeah, like you magic guys, I will I will make trades for in source stuff all at all the time because it's you guys, and I know that, like the goal with both of us is to win. It is for both the yea come out ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah we had a pretty that was a fun one. Yeah so so yeah, so that's honestly, and it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: I equivalate it more at card shows because at least I see it more at like conventions or card shows. But I know Kingdom, I've seen it happen a handful of times. But I I enjoy trading cards with stores rather than hey can I sell this to you?
Speaker 2: Or can I get can I get store profits or store credits so I can buy this and fuck all that.
Speaker 1: A guy came in to buy that one hundred dollars Pokemon. I had a Pokemon for one hundred dollars on TCG player. Meant it's it's like a thousand dollars card, but it was not meant it was beat up. And he came in and he was like, he said, can I hey, can Can you take this out of the sleeve and I said yeah, and he held it and he looked at it and he's like, well, it's not not as beat up as Honestly, it's not as beat up as I thought it was.
Speaker 2: And I was like okay, and uh.
Speaker 1: But he was looking to see if it was fake because it was some rare card that blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: But he's like, this is real, and I was like, god, I hope. So I was like, and I can get one from work. Actually I don't even have to go to work. So they're like five bucks, but a jeweler's gemfying gem because if if you ever get to the point where you're selling or buying an expensive magic card specifically, one of the telltale signs is if you look at the back, a green dot tist.
Speaker 4: Yes, the green dot it has a what is it?
Speaker 2: It's the way the dots line up with each other, like there's a specific man, but yeah, there's a specific.
Speaker 1: He looked at it, but he was like this is real, and I said yeah, and then he goes, uh, He's like, I'll trade you these two pokemon for that one. And I looked him up on TCG and I was like, yeah, sounds fair. That's been sitting These are lower priced two cards. I might get rid of these a little quicker. Mostly kids and not adults look at the pogum on anyway, So I took him and then he's like, man, I really like that other card sitting there, and he had a whole stack in his hand, and I said, I said, he goes, will you take these three for that one? And I looked them up and we were both winning. And again I was getting three lower priced cards for a higher price cards, and I was like yeah, So I mean I ended up with like I mean, I know price value. He came out ahead, but I also know that I'm going to be able to sell the cards that he gave me quicker because they're lower priced.
Speaker 4: So I was all for it.
Speaker 1: He was happy when he left, he said he'd be back. I was happy when he left because I had cards that I thought I'd be able to sell a little bit easier. And yeah, I mean, I don't mind. I ain't doing that at all.
Speaker 3: So that's what I was talking about. The Uh, there's red dots. I wanted to say red, but there's a certain formation the red dots go inside of the green symbol that verify.
Speaker 1: That it's real. Okay, it looks like the black dots are bigger and darker.
Speaker 2: It's the order at which it's printed, because the black dots go on after the red unreal ones, and a lot of times the red goes down after on the fake ones. So that's what makes that fucking The black was printed before everything else. I think magic cards are printed where black's like the last color on the card because counterfeitters are trying to guarantee the red the red shows, so they put it last, like and like he said, people that know magic, yeah, I can't fucking do it, but they can somehow look at that fucking and obviously sometimes it's obvious if it's overlapping, but they can look at it and be like, nah, that wasn't printed in the right order, Like how the fuck the size of the lighter green dots as well, because that's another one where like the actual printing process is the fake ones are putting green dots on like dark green dots on instead.
Speaker 1: Of the other way.
Speaker 2: It's just the other thing, I mean technology that people don't have access to for printing. I don't know if this is consistent, but on this real one there's like a plus with the light ones and then all the other ones. It's just an amorphous blob. Yeah yeah, yeah, well, and I'm sorry you brought up the verification. And it's something I see people do all the time, and it likes fucking sparked.
Speaker 1: It's the first time i'd had anybody come in And I mean, honestly, like, if you would have told me it was fake, I would have just ripped up and thrown it away, Like I didn't know whether or not it was real or fake. I didn't even like I didn't even think about it, Like I would have apologized to him.
Speaker 2: And see those spots get up and thrown it away. That shit gets awkward, and I've witnessed it once in real life and it's nothing bad because no one knew one way or the other. But uh, one of my buddies went to Kingdom and was selling a bunch of cards, expensive cards, and there was the Liliana vess that's big and modern. He had one of those that he had bought a long time ago and it was up to like one hundred and twenty bucks. So he went to sell it and when Jason was first looking at it, he was like, yo, seventy percent or whatever the fucking percentage was, and then he started looking at some of the more expensive cards, saw the Liliana and looked up at my buddy Tyler Whitehead. It was like, I don't want to be mean because I don't know how you got this card, but I'm like ninety five percent sure this is fake. And it just becomes this awkward moment because it's like if the guy's not like so obviously I know Tyler, he's like, ah, I bought that off Facebook five years ago.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find I didn't open it. I can tell you that much. But he's like, I've played with it enough. I thought it was real.
Speaker 2: It looked real, it felt real, and you just end up in this weird limbo and I hate seeing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I said, I would have he would have said, dude, this is fake. I would have went, uh, okay, tell me how, Like what do you see that's fake? And then hopefully he would have been like this, this and this, and then I was apologized to him, and then he would have left. I would have googled what he said if he was right, I were ripped up run away. I mean, I didn't open it. I don't even know where I got it from. I don't even know where I got it from. You probably, of like five thousand Pokemon that I bought when I first opened the store, Yeah, probably, it probably came out of that toe and I like, so, I mean, I wouldn't have known one way or the other. Yeah, But I mean that's not the first thing I look for when I'm going through Pokemon cards is whether or not it's real or fake.
Speaker 2: But you also don't, not that you aren't willing to, but you just don't deal with a lot of super expensive cards where it's worth the investment of I need to know if this is.
Speaker 1: Really fake, correct, Because with the exception of I'm more likely to sell an expensive card on TCG player because the people that are coming into my store are there to buy stuff that may end up costing them a couple one hundred dollars, but they're gonna buy it at fifty dollars intervals. Does that make sense? Like they're like they're gonna buy more than like fifty dollars worth of one prop like.
Speaker 3: I will, I will put it bluntly, while being nice and this is nothing to anybody, But we are a poorer town like we are a big city. You're not gonna have people that are dropping coming in and dropping eight hundred dollars on a fucking single.
Speaker 1: Somebody will come into this or and by the Marvel Superhero Collector boosters are forty dollars a pack. They'll spend one hundred and twenty dollars on three packs, but if they were one hundred and twenty dollars a pack, they wouldn't buy it.
Speaker 2: Or this single that costs one hundred and twenty dollars is sitting on your rack, they're not gonna buy it.
Speaker 1: They'll buy They'll buy one hundred and twenty dollars worth of packs trying to get the single that's on your rack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, And that's also just to be me. That is also partially Magic's mentality. Like our player base is a gambling player base.
Speaker 1: It's the rush open. Sometimes it's the rush opening, and you're getting more for your money with one hundred dollars because you getting older, Yeah, and you can trade sell. That's why it's more likely that that one hundred and twenty dollars card. While I'll put it up on my rack. I am putting it on TCG player because it's more likely to sell on TCG. Yeah, like that's just it is. It just is what it is. You know. I had two, two three people yesterday come in and look at my bobby with on card auto that I pulled and they were like, dude, that is sweet. And I was like, yeah, it's a nice and like they looked at it, said it was awesome. There was no way they were ever gonna pay the two hundred and twenty five dollars. Ah, it was and they will and they walked out. But I got it on eBay right now for two hundred and twenty five dollars. I got seventy I'm up over eighty views and there's like fifteen people watching it. So I mean, I know it's gonna sell. I might have to drop the price down to two hundred at some point, but but I know it's gonna I know it's gonna sell at some point. So speaking of selling, and I just popped into my head while I was talking about this, and we may want to we want to do this for uh where time? What time are we at?
Speaker 4: Fifty eight minutes Okay, So I'll.
Speaker 1: Say this real quick because it reminded me because I was like, I probably shouldn't have said that I was going to drop the price because I don't know how many people shop the store on eBay and also listen to the podcast. But you know who is listening to the podcast. Clay is listening to the podcast. And you know why I bring up Clay because we're.
Speaker 4: Ow Dan Housen section No.
Speaker 1: Because we have a force of will to give away because I think we're at six hundred subscribers. Let me look, and even though I teased them that we were going to wait until we were at six hundred and sixty six, we've also forgotten about Clay and we should have given this away like like two hundred subscribers ago, at least I forgot about it.
Speaker 3: I did not, but I did not know what the agreement was. But this is a call out for the people watching the last forty five seconds. We need three subscribers.
Speaker 1: Three. Well, we're at five ninety seven. Yes, okay, all right, so so this is how we're gonna end this podcast and hopefully when we get to six hundred, so we'll spend the last five minutes making them five ten minutes, making them listen to how we're going to do this because we haven't talked about this off screen or on screen, so we're gonna do it right now. How do we give it away? Do we put do we? Is there a way to download our subscribers into like an Excel spreadsheet and make like a spin wheel? And so that's what I do. Well, you know, I don't think we do it by subscribers. We make them.
Speaker 2: Engage, give them so much time to comment on this video, so now they know they have to comment since they listen to the whole thing. Okay, all right, Hey, we could also have a random codeword sprinkled in the middle of the episode somewhere. You just make LEVI cut in like a commercial, and we'll just come up with a ran and word that they have to comment. So not only will they have to, like, they will just see a random cut in of an absurd word, and they won't realize that they need to remember what the fuck that word is until right now.
Speaker 1: Morphobia that that is.
Speaker 2: That is a great way to do that.
Speaker 1: That's a great way to.
Speaker 2: Do Honestly, I like that because yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, So what we'll do well, it's not outside.
Speaker 1: Of this episode.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss the word for me to cut in where Brad said now, and then on the next episode, and however many following weeks we want, however long we want to run it, we just tell everyone that started that episode, Hey, go back to this episode, watch all the way through.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't want to.
Speaker 2: We wanted to all be inclusive on this episode. So you're not chasing all of it. You can't make it too hard. It's six hundred people.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, no, no, no, I'm saying it's all. It all has to do with this episode right here, right now. But I'm saying to promote it before the contest ends at the start of the next However, many episodes, we say, hey, go back to this episode where we're at right, Oh yeah, go.
Speaker 1: Back and watch this.
Speaker 2: We're given something away. We're giving something away. Listen for the secret word. And then they have to listen for the secret which means they have to listen the entire time. Yeah, and obviously we know and they know now.
Speaker 4: That they've listened this long.
Speaker 1: It was at the end. I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: But I think that's a perfect idea. Yeah, I just have to write it down and I'll just have to voice over myself saying.
Speaker 1: Whatever the word is. And then so when we get to six hundred subscribers, and I'll start and we're doing this on camera, so everybody we'll start the next episode with, don't forget to pay attention to when we get six hundred subscribers, because we're gonna have something that we need you guys to do, because the winner or the first person to do that gets a magic the gathering force of will out of.
Speaker 3: The secrets mister Archive. Yeah, so let me do we Is it just the force of will from the mistal Archive? No foil, no nothing.
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't know. I was trying to look at what the longest word is and it nineteen letters and it takes three hours to pronounce, so uh, you have you have to spell it correctly now, So I.
Speaker 1: Look for the video that's four hours long and you'll find the word. That's the one he's given. Mister I'm donated. It was donated by Clay.
Speaker 4: By one wonderful Clay.
Speaker 1: Yes, by our wonderful Clay. And so yeah, so we will give when we hit six hundred subscribers, we will give that Force of Will away and I just wanted to show them and you'll have to. You'll have to, you know, go buy the parameters that we that we set once we hit six hundred subscribers, and maybe even we have like when we finally hit it, we begin an episode where it's just like that way, we don't all have to meet together. Maybe it's just me going we just hit six hundred subscribers. Make sure to watch this episode for details on the Force of Will sweep stakes. Or we could do that for We could even do that for our YouTube shorts, our TikTok or Facebook page or something, right, we could do that now in between in between apings. I got a pee where it's all of us. So so anyway, all right, so yeah, I think we're at now or something right hour and four. Okay, all right, this has been poops and pieces. Yeah, this has been rebranding. It's been a good episode. I enjoyed the discussion about the thing, and now we have to now we yeah, like bricks and bricks and minifigs, don't go in and arrest the story owners. They didn't do anything. Brick by brick, just stop going, yeah, just stop going, Just stop curling break up that. I hate that for the store owners and the franchisees. Obviously, obviously Aimon is a douchebag with a bad handlebar mustache. Yeah, and he should not get any credit or any more money. And he can.
Speaker 2: He can, like my taint, I figure if he looked like a wild West outlaw in the wild West, he thought he could just do whatever he wanted.
Speaker 1: Maybe must it, Maybe that's it. He is somebody's Huckleberry. Yeah, Bubba Bubba's Huckleberry's big old Bubba in prison. So okay, So this is about like, share, subscribe, do all that fun stuff. We appreciate, hate everybody that comments and watches and listens and things like that. We're all over all social media platforms. So don't forget that. I'm Nick and this has been pint some pages.