Speaker 1: The right quick.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back, and with it an annual postseason tradition Scam is back.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Sax and Cakes in.
Speaker 3: The a app back forward Proway.
Speaker 2: Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now while the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 4: It's saxon Kates in the AM one final time here in October, as the Dodgers are your World Series champions and in just a few minutes, your Los Angeles Dodgers are set to touch down at LAX and get a police escort back to Dodger Stadium after a night of celebration in New York and a long, exciting playing ride back from the Bronx after a Game five win last night over the Yankees. On Tim Kates joined by two time World Series Champ, Rookie of the Year in our favorite number three of all time, Steven Sachs. The parde will be tomorrow saxone. We'll have all the coverage beginning at nine to thirty right here on an FI seventy LA Sports. It'll start at eleven o'clock in front of City Hall on Spring Street. They'll then make its way down First Street, March four blocks to Grand Avenue. From there, the parade heads to Fifth Street, ending at Fifth and Flower. The Dodgers parade will be about one mile long and the event is supposed to take between forty five minutes to an hour. After the parade, the Dodger players will be taken to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: There'll be a ticket at celebration for fans beginning at twelve to fifteen. Parking gates at Dodger State will open at eight thirty in the morning into tendees. We be allowed to enter the stadium at nine am. Food and merchandise will be available for purchase, and the Dodger Vision scoreboards will offer live coverage of the parade as it's happening. Because you cannot be in two places at once, the parade will be happen and then the celebration at Dodgers Stadium. In our coverage of the parade is presented in part by Budweiser. This Buds for you. Are you coming down tomorrow, Saxon?
Speaker 6: Uh, Yeah, I'm gonna be there and you're gonna be there.
Speaker 5: We're gonna see the parade.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see you on TV tomorrow.
Speaker 7: We know.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If you're watching, yeah, watching, You'll be busy though, you bow.
Speaker 4: I'll be at Dodger Stadium. I'll be kicking off and anchoring the coverage of the parade nice at nine to thirty in the morning, live from Dodger Stadium watching the parade. We'll have reporters on site. David Vasse will be on a bus, Kirsten Watson will be on a bus. We'll check in with them and the players and coaches along the parade routes, and then once it gets to Dodger Stadium, will have all the on stage ceremony that will be happening. I understand it. It's going to be a fantastic ceremony on the field of Dodgers stand here.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be on co hosting with Jim Hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jim Hill.
Speaker 6: Right, I've known Jim for since I was twenty one, and so get a little TV time and uh yeah, it'll be great looking forward to seeing all these happy faces on that parade. What a great memory these guys are forging into their lives right now. The whole family's gonna love it.
Speaker 4: You talked about the eighty eight parade. Do you remember the people on the streets. It was just a blur seeing people there lined up as you guys were on floats that year. A lot of people don't remember. It wasn't double deck or buses, which a lot of times we see now we'll see tomorrow because it's elevated and you can see the players from wherever you're sitting or standing along the parade route. You guys were though you were on floats that year.
Speaker 6: We're exposed, I think, oh yeah, right, and yeah, we were on floats and made you feel like you were in you know, high school again, right, remember the floats or.
Speaker 1: The Rose Parade or Rose parye.
Speaker 6: Right, But it was cool, I mean, you got yeah, the faces of the people were so nice. The outpouring of love that you're gonna get. It's It's so amazing that you get to, you know, kind of be close to the source that they're you know, supporting you all through the season. You're gonna get to see all those faces and hear what they say, and you know, sometimes there's a stoppage in the in the prey and people come up and shake your hand and it's it's I don't know if people are gonna get that close to these guys because of security, but back then that's what they did.
Speaker 5: It was great. It was really a wonderful time.
Speaker 4: I've seen the NFL celebrations, certainly the Kansas City Chiefs the last couple of years, uh, the celebration in Tampa with Tom Brady a few years ago, the Patriots celebrations, and there seems to be sometimes some cocktails that are thrown back and forth, especially from the fans along the parade route, maybe towards their favorite player, that they may indulge their while they're making their way on the double deckers.
Speaker 5: Cocktail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, I'll take I'll take one of those. Budweiser's right there. This Bud's for you, of course. Rout partner and presenting sponsor of the parade coverage tomorrow. Let's go back out to the phones. A lot of Dodger fans went away in and again. The Dodgers are scheduled to touch down at Lax here in just a couple of minutes, where police escort ready to go. The buses are all lined up. Live shots on the local TV stations waiting for the planes to land down at Lax, and there were multiple ones. There was a huge traveling party for the Dodgers in the Dodgers front office and the Dodgers entire employees. They got to go out to New York. So a huge traveling party.
Speaker 6: The families go with the players. I say, suspect back they probably did, probably not going out.
Speaker 4: I don't think they did. I know they didn't out, but I'm not sure if they did come in. In fact, they're showing it right now. The United airplane coming through right now, and they got the Lax Fire department with their water cannons beating back and forth, and the United Airlines flight coming and landing at Lax right now with the Dodgers on board. So welcome back, Dodgers. Wow, you are World Series champions, and we got a parade with waiting for you. Boys tomorrow in downtown La. Alex and Los feelis welcome to Sax and Kate today.
Speaker 1: And how you doing, Alex?
Speaker 3: Oh this is Alex and Azusa.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead and Alex all right.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, thanks for taking the call. Man, I appreciate you and Steve Sacks every morning. You guys kill it, dude. I prefer this over Dan Patrick any day. I'll take this over Dan Patrick any day. Hey, just want to say, man, how does it feel? I we're all for three hours of sleep, Me and my coworker right here. We went to downtown LA last night.
Speaker 9: We got a little rowdy.
Speaker 3: We're in traffic right now, but we are pumped, dude, we are pumped. I feel like I've been waiting for this. Twenty seventeen was a heartbreak year. Twenty twenty nobody gives us credit. Hey man, everybody played twenty twenty. Everybody had the same chance and we took it. I think this is the nail in the coffin, just to shut everybody up. And oh, oh Tani this you guys are gonna win because of that guy. It was Otani got us to the postseason. But players stepped up like Tommy Edmund Maximunci and the NLCS. It's crazy, dude, This this depth is crazy and Dodgers aren't even at their best yet. Wait till next year. It's gonna go down. And another thing too, man Fernando Valenzuela, he was the Grand Marshal at a Zuza Golden Days last year.
Speaker 10: That dude was cool with everybody.
Speaker 3: He said hi to everybody, signed pictures. So this one's for him, and just go Dodgers, bro. I know everybody's feeling great right now. I might be a little hungover on the way to work, but hey, well worth the boys, because you know what we are, twenty four champions. Let's go Dodgers, baby.
Speaker 4: Awesome Alex drinking coffee, get some food in you.
Speaker 6: Probably would have had that coffee before you got in the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Let's hope two hands on the wheel and somebody else is driving for you right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hope he kept a classy last night too, right, you want to be good.
Speaker 4: We did lose an MTA bus last night to a fire that was set upon by Dodger fans celebrating in Echo Park. So we lost one of the buses from the MTA last night.
Speaker 6: So no in this situation, we don't want to start fires. Actually, we need mechanic groups to help build up the buses that are not going well. Right, That's what we had to do. Instead of starting a fire, Let's fix a bus. Absolutely, that would be the better thing. We had a lot of celebration in Echo Park in East LA last night. A bus that went up in flames.
Speaker 4: We saw fireworks going up in the in the streets of East LA and Echo Park. We may have had somebody to lose a hand with a firework as well, according to the Fox eleven News. So yeah, it's been a costly celebration for at least one Dodger fan.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not going to be that way tomorrow.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, It's going to be a celebration on the lawn, the parade route from City Hall all the way to Fifth and Flower, and then the ticketed celebration inside Dodger Stadium will have all the covers beginning at nine thirty am tomorrow nine thirty am. Our covers begins here on an FHI seventy LA Sports, presented in part by Bank of America, the official bank of the LA Dodgers, Cheryl and Hawthorne's been waiting patiently. Hi, Cheryl, go ahead, Cheryl, I mean hold on. No no, no, no, no no no no, I'm sorry, Cheryl. Don't tell me to hold on. No no, no, no, no no no yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: La is listening. Everybody wants to hear what Dodger fans have to say. And you tell me to hold on. Tim and Huntington Beach, you're holding on no longer. Welcome Tim, How you doing.
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 3: Boys?
Speaker 7: How are we feeling this morning?
Speaker 4: Doing fantastic? The Dodgers have landed at LA X. The boys are home as world champs.
Speaker 12: Man, it's such a sweet feeling.
Speaker 7: You talk about a team that turned this in the hardest ways, I mean a decimated pitching rotation, Dave Rogers or just sorry Dave Roberts, dealing with all the naysayers, doubters, all the people blaming him for our past failures. He managed his butt off this this world series of whole postseason, really, and then Freddie Freeman battling back from that injury ankles to be the MVP. Walker Bueller coming in proving that there is no moment too big for him after a rough regular season, just a great great after it all, around by these guys.
Speaker 4: I cannot be happier, No doubt Tim appreciate it. Yeah, it's been a collective group and to see the young guys and the old guys come together and celebrate this championship and everybody's part was different, everybody's role was different, and collectively they all come together and get it done. Chris and Wittier as next up here on Saxon, Kates and the Am on this Halloween morning, as we wrap up a great championship run.
Speaker 1: Chris, how you doing?
Speaker 13: Oh doing well, sir? Good morning, Steve and Tim. More like to congratulate Dave Roberts and thank him for doing a magnificent job of managing the playoffs. He received so much undue criticism over the years, and he was a he was a true leader out there of our team. I'd like to recognize Daves ay for his great playoff insight and hopefully he can have a little bit of insight on what the conversation was when Dave walked out, because I thought, uh, it might have been time to pull them, but his uh, his as he walked out, his body language was different than normal, and uh, when he walked away, I had confidence like like he told me that by believe in you, trusting you and let's go get him and h that's what Uh, that's what happened. And I'd also like to recognize the Panic Brothers who stayed positive this playoff run and kept us going out there.
Speaker 4: No doubt the Panic Brothers were in full effect here on a FI seventy l A sports Chris appreciate it. And they were subdued here the last couple of days. So that's a good idea. Thank you, Chris. Yeah, thanks Chris. Eight sixty six ninety seven seventy eight sixty six ninety seven seventy.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: We continue. Davidves Age just texted me said landed. Give him a few minutes. He can call once he gets off the plane. So we'll check out with David Vassay on how everything was last night since we last heard from him in the Dodgers' clubhouse. And now the trip home as the Dodgers have landed.
Speaker 1: At l A X.
Speaker 4: Eddie and Rancho Palace Vertus joins us here on this Thursday morning as the Dodgers come home World Series champs.
Speaker 5: Eddie, how you doing, I'm doing good?
Speaker 10: How about yourself? I'm good. I want to say hi to you and Steve Sachs. You guys are doing a good job. Great job Eddie, you know rather by the way. But what I wanted to want to tell you this is, you know, I was born in nineteen fifty five, so I've got to see well I didn't see him then, but because it's just a kid, baby, but I mean, I've been around for it now, for all these eight World Series, and you know I was I was uh able to seize Fernando in eighty one on opening day, an opening day. After the game, I won bought tickets for my birthday, which was May fifteenth, and and I got uh loads tickets and I was sitting on the on the front or uh what is that along the bar, that front row. What what is that called? There's uh the.
Speaker 1: Stadium club that club.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I was on the load that's like that's family section.
Speaker 10: Huh yeah, the bottom row. I got bottom row tickets for that game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 10: And then I ended up being Fernando Fernando when he pitched his eighth game and again became eight and no, so I went to that and uh and uh and so you know I want to I want to give us a lot of kudos to uh, to Steve to Roberts, Roberts, because he did a really good job and he should be coach of the Year. Not only that, but you know, I don't think Mark Cryor has got enough credit for what he's done with the bat, with the fidget staff. And it's good to see that. It's great to see that they you know, this is called all come under to fruition and and and uh, you know, uh, and I'm glad to see Roberts when he came out in that inning. I don't know what it was, what inning it was when he came out and told trying to a couple of things and.
Speaker 5: He kept what was that he kept him in the game.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Yeah, he did that sort of thing where he comes out there and talks to him and and and and and then he ended up keeping him in and and that's all it took for trying to just to keep on going and to to finish the inding off. And he was just a beast last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And not only that, but yeah, yeah, and then the boot Bueller Buehler. Yeah, I remember, you know, during the game they showed him in the I don't know if it's a seventh inning or the eighth inning. They showed him in the bullpen and he was showing somebody at pitches. I don't know who it was, but they showed him there and he'd like at that time, he was getting ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Eddie, appreciate a great call. Thanks for checking in, longtime Dodger fan, Eddie, We appreciate it. Yeah, it was a great scene in the sixth inning when Walker Bueller got to go down to the bullpen. David Vasse tweeted it out as it happened. He got picked up, and yeah, all eyes were on that bullpen, especially with not a lot of relievers to go to, and Dave Roberts gave him the trust to Blake trying to get him out of the eighth inning and look at him in the eyes and saying do you want it? Do you got it? Blake trying and says give me the ball. I'm gonna stay out here, I'm going to finish the job. That's exactly what he did. And then Walker Bueler comes in in the ninth inning to get it as the Dodgers get the win last night, their twenty twenty four World Series champions let's take one more call before the break. Here, let's go to Nick and Venturo, who's been waiting patiently.
Speaker 1: Nick, how you doing? Good morning?
Speaker 12: I'm doing well, guys.
Speaker 8: Thank you much.
Speaker 12: Go Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where were you last night? How excited are you now?
Speaker 12: Last night I was at home. I just put the little ones to bed and I got to watch it and quick story, you'd be flashbacks nineteen eighty eight. I was born in nineteen eighty seven years old, playing second base. Steve Sacks was my idol. Thank you won the World Series. Greatest thing ever birthdays. Three weeks later, on my way to school, my dad gets out the cell phone, the carphone at that time. He plays me a message and it's a birthday message from Steve Sachs made my day the greatest birthday gift I'd ever given. Come to find out a few years later, Hey, it was just my dad recording Steve sacks voice. But what I know, Hey, the greatest thing I ever heard.
Speaker 11: You'll remember it.
Speaker 12: To this day, So Steve, in two weeks from now, I expect a phone call on birthday.
Speaker 6: Hey, you got you gotta give your number to Tim Kats and I will call you on your birthday.
Speaker 1: I promise that is the greatest thing I've ever heard. Nick.
Speaker 4: We're gonna put you on a whole We'll get your number and we'll get the real Steve Sacks.
Speaker 5: So let me get so you guys A I my my, my voice.
Speaker 4: It sounds like his dad figured that Nick would never know who it was if it was really you and pretended to be you. So his dad pretended it was me. His dad pretended it was you. Wishing little Nikki what a happy birthday. Well, Nick, you're gonna get a real one on your birth when's your birthda? When's his birthday? We're talking around the fifteenth on November. Katy's talking to him right now. Give his information. Yeah, him, you gotta remind me. I'm gonna I'm gonna write it down. I'm gonna put in my calendar right now, and I'm gonna call him on his birthday. That is unbelievable. Yeah, that's grace thing I've ever heard. I was so excited. He's like, Steve got a voicemail from Steve Sack. I'm like, this is great. I was gonna ask you, do you remember that sexy? I get asked for a lot of things, you know, and then he said.
Speaker 6: People get me on cameo to do those things, but I don't know about that one.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, the grast thing I've ever heard. As he is Steve Sacks, I'm Tim Kates. We will check in with David Vassa, who is on the plane coming back as the Dodgers make their way back from New York.
Speaker 1: World Series champions.
Speaker 4: He'll join us from the tarmac coming up in just a couple of minutes. Your phone calls as well as we wrap up scam here in twenty twenty four, Sax and Kates and am here on an FI seventy l a Sports Saxon Kates in the am for thirty more minutes here in twenty twenty four, as the Dodgers postseason runs been tremendous, from a five game series win over the the San Diego Padres, to beating the New York Mets and the NLCS to a game five World Series win last night, coming back and beating the New York Yankees in the Bronx seven to six, with Walker Bueller closing it out, the Dodger's overcoming a five to nothing deficit and now a parade awaits for the City of Los Angeles Tomorrow. We'll if all the covers beginning at nine to thirty am right here on am FI seventy LA Sports. The parade starts at eleven o'clock, expected to go between forty five minutes to an hour. Starting at City Hall on Spring Street, it will then make its way down First Street March four blocks to Grand Avenue. From there, the parade heads to Fifth Street and ding at Fifth and Flower. You can stay along the parade route and see your favorite Dodger players as they make their way by in their double deck or buses. And then the players will head to Dodger Stadium for a ticketed celebration that starts around twelve to fifteen the afternoon. We'll have that for you as well. We've got all your parade coverage Wal to Wall all beginning at ninety thirty tomorrow morning, presented by a Yucult the probiotic drink of the Dodgers. You know what that is, Tim, right, it's for your gut, right, for your gut.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: I didn't drink a lot.
Speaker 4: Of that then, yeah, it's good for your gut. Do you drink that stuff? Nope, you're just drinking a rockstar. I drink I just.
Speaker 5: Got done juicing, just in the break, beautiful juice.
Speaker 1: What do you put in your juice?
Speaker 6: I have tomatoes, oranges and pomegranate.
Speaker 1: That sounds gross.
Speaker 4: It's so absolutely discussed. What do you mean gross, tomatoes, oranges and pomegranate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's absolutely phenomenal and I feel as Tomy the SWORDA said, I feel super.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: Let's let's go out to the phones as we celebrate with Dodger fans this morning. Mike in Torrens, thanks for being patient. I with Steve Saxon, Tim Kate.
Speaker 15: I Mike, Oh god, it's great, absolutely fabulous. I'm just as happy as I've ever been I've been. I'm sixty two in January, so I'm almost as old as Saxy. But I mean, I can remember losing to the A's and seventy four, losing to the Yankees in seventy seven, seventy eight, and by the time he won in eighty one.
Speaker 11: I was wrenched.
Speaker 15: And I feel the same way now these last four or five six years. I mean, it was great to win during COVID, but it didn't have that feeling. But the last several years, we've been so close and so you know, and I know Dave Roberts has taking it hard. We've been hard on him and everything, but we just wanted to win. And you know, it's just I hate to say I'm a fan of the Lakers and the Rams, but.
Speaker 13: Not like the Dodgers.
Speaker 15: And you guys have been a great job this last week, just Fernando's death and talking about the community and being a Dodger fan is a very special place for us, and you guys have done on a fabulous job with that. And I was really good friends with Mary Will he passed away last year, and he would have loved this.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 15: He was a big Yeah, he was a Dodger, true and blue. And I just want to say one last thing. I don't know how we get tickets for that stadium thing. I don't know if you're letting the bag out on that, Tim, that would be nice to know, but of course it's going to be tough to get in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish I had more details, Mike. I appreciate it. I don't I've been checking with Dodgers dot com and from people I know, and they haven't announced it anything yet. As far as how the tickets will be dispersed or how you can get them, but I know they expect to sell out crowd at Dodger Stadium tomorrow for the Dodger celebration at the ravine inside there with the stage setup, I believe in center field, it's going to be a great time had by Dodger fans at Dodgers Daum. That will be covered of course, right here on NFI seventy LA Sports after the parade and then culminating there with the celebration inside Dodger Stadium, and the parade will start at eleven o'clock, so make sure you get your spot early, get there. Along the parade route, you can check out ANTI seventy l A Sports and social media to find out more details as far as where the actual streets are and where it's zigzagging across. It will start at City Hall, it will make its way to Fifth and Flowers, so you can find out more on the direct path of that parade and you know, get your spot, hang out there. You know, make a sick day out of work, take the kids out of school and wave to your favorite Dodger players as they wave by and they drive by those double decker buses out at out at the downtown LA to watching the Dodger players come off the plane. The United flight has landed and they are finally coming off the plane and coming down to the tarmac. Just saw our own Dwaye McDonald and Rick Monday getting off the plane. Andrew Friedman with his family getting off the plane. So it's it's very cool to see the Dodgers landing in LA as World Series champions. We continue, Angel and Lincoln Heights. Angel, How you doing, Hey?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 9: Angel?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 3: I love you?
Speaker 10: See Zach, I love you Zach.
Speaker 9: Hey, Man, they can be better than yesterday. We deserve it, we got it.
Speaker 3: And the only thing it really bothered me is that all was knocks that were out there.
Speaker 9: Man, we should have.
Speaker 3: Celebrated that right away, not burning buses or nothing like that.
Speaker 9: No. True, we deserve this, man, We deserve this for Valezuela, for Tommy, for what's it this Colly, all the people out there, man, all the blessing we all came through.
Speaker 4: Dodgers all right, Angel, appreciate that, man. Yeah, that's uh, it's well said. I'm watching the Dodger players come off it's like a clown car. This United Airlines. Uh, probably a seven sixty seven. It's humongous, and there's just kids and family members and people coming off this plane. It's it's unbelievable how many people they fitted in.
Speaker 5: Anybody dressed up Halloween style.
Speaker 4: No, a lot of sleepy heads coming off that plane.
Speaker 6: A lot of Uh they didn't get late because his celebration, so they got out extra late.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A lot of hoodies being worn right now by players coming off the plane. A lot of sleepy kids coming off the plane and family members. So yeah, a lot of people gathering. They got food with them. Looks that they give him a little breakfast on the way out. And there's a bunch of buses lined up on the tarmac there at LAX. David Vast is going to join us as soon as he can. I wait and see. When Dave gets off the plane. Uh, probably at the back of the airplane.
Speaker 6: They've noticed a big head of dark hair, you know, rick Ycardo style.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, looking really good. Oh yeah, he's got to be dressed up. I mean he's always probably well, you know, he got dowsed last night in the locker room, right. Oh, he got he got smothered with the champagne. So did he bring a change? That might be one of our questions. I mean, how did he how did he get you know, spank and clean yeah with you know, what did he did he shower up in there or what did he do?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's that's a great question. The people disembarking on this right now that they're showing on Fox eleven, just just everybody knows that is the traveling party's plane. There are multiple planes that went out for the Dodgers. Wow, and the player plane. I'm just being told by somebody who's actually on just got off the plane that the players did in fact take their own flight back their The staff front off his family plane, and there's the player's plane, and the player's plane is coming back right now. And I'll go ahead and say it. Uh, it's they're using the Patriots team plane. That's that's Robert Kraft. Let the Dodgers cool use the Patriots team plane. So if you see it at Lax right now, that is the Dodgers that have landed at Lax, not the New England Patriots. They're using their plane. So yeah, very cool to see what's happening?
Speaker 6: You know, I did just think about how Dave Vassa could have cleaned up real quick, but that he could have used a Skunky.
Speaker 1: Oh the Skunkys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, I love the Skunkys.
Speaker 1: Use it. I see the commercial about thousand times.
Speaker 6: I've seen the skunky, and he he might have had a skunky clean up.
Speaker 4: You never know, I think, so that is awesome. Yeah, the skunky. I have never used it.
Speaker 6: But but how you do your hair with the skunky? I mean, I know the body part, but I don't know. I don't know about how you clean the hair up.
Speaker 4: I think the hair just goes messy. The hair stays oily. Yeah, there's no help in the hair at all. Probably Austin Valencia is next up here, waiting patiently on Han Fhi seventy l A Sports.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Austin?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 11: Let's go.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Do we lose? Austin?
Speaker 9: Is that it?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 5: You go?
Speaker 1: You're back, Go ahead, Austin.
Speaker 8: I golf with Robert dan Skoyak. He's their hitting coach. Nice and here I was playing with him and we started the round. He was kind of quiet, and then he shanks one and you just yelled how.
Speaker 9: Did we lose to the time of acts are so bad?
Speaker 8: And so I'm happy for him. This year, I think the Dodgers' hitters just really came prepared, their walks, their patience, everyone contributed. It was just really good to see. I'm really happy for him, and congratulations. You guys are awesome. I've been listening to you all year, so it's been fun and I look forward to next year.
Speaker 4: No doubt, hoping to repeat the repeat slogan has already started Austin appreciated as the Dodgers are landing at lax and back home with the trophy as champions of Baseball here in twenty twenty four. Victor and Mission Viejo is next up here on Saxon Kates and the am How you doing, Victor?
Speaker 16: Hey, how's it going. I just want just wanted to say two things. The first thing was I'm so happy for Kershaw. His ring was stolen in twenty twenty seventeen. This one's for him, just you know, some vindication from something that was truly stolen from him. Second thing I wanted to say is I want to say thank you to Freddie Free and everything that happened with him and his family and his son. I was at Game one with my dad, and it's it's a thing that I'm going to remember for the rest of my life. I'm gonna tell my grandkids that I saw Freddie Freeman hit a home run in Game one. I'm just I'm just so thankful to him as a father. I have kids on my own, and I'm just so happy that me and my dad just baseball people got to experience that together after, you know, just a lifetime of baseball and just family memories that.
Speaker 13: He gave to all of us Dodger fans.
Speaker 5: So thank you, Freddy.
Speaker 4: All Right, Victor, appreciate it. Eight six, six ninety seven, seventy will come back. We're going to try to get to as many calls as we can. David Vassay is with the team. I think he's on the team plane. To be honest with you. He just said, we're still taxing, and the only plane left still taxing.
Speaker 5: Is a Dodger.
Speaker 4: Is the Patriots team playing with the Dodgers on it. I don't think David Vassa was put on the friends and family plane.
Speaker 6: No, And he's not gonna skunk sacks in Kate's in the morning, He's just not he better not no, he won.
Speaker 4: It's Saxon Kate's in the am. Twenty minutes to go in our final show of twenty twenty four tomorrow, the parade through the streets of downtown La. Then the ticket at celebration at Dodgers Stadium, presented by Yamavah. We are your home of the Dodgers, AFI seven LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Your calls. David Vassa next on a FI seventy.
Speaker 4: Sax and Kates in the am. We're celebrating the World Series Championship. We have the best coverage, the most exclusive coverage, and the best insider. Who is d planing right now at lax our own David Vassay, Welcome home.
Speaker 11: It's great to be home. The Dodgers have just landed. The players are coming off the plane. I'm watching t k Hernandez, Sho hey Otani, tay Oscar Hernandez come off the plane right now. There's a lot of airport workers here to greet the Dodgers. When the team plane landed, the Lax Fire Department hosed down the plane and this World Championship wouldn't have happened without Key k Hernandez and Walker Buehler, the two guys that always seemed to come to the rescue when the Dodgers needed the most.
Speaker 4: Dave, what was that flight like back after the celebration that you were so great in covering in the clubhouse, the celebration in and out of the dugout as well? What was the flight like back the last five hours?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I was. There were two planes. There was a staff plane, and I was on the plane that had the players in the trophy. And it was a party for the first three hours, and then guys started to fall asleep. The one guy that stayed awake the entire time and took pictures of his teammates falling asleep with none other than the man that came up big to close out the world series Walker Viewer. He was really excited. He's coming off the plane right now holding the trophies.
Speaker 6: Wow, Hey, Dave, good to be with you, buddy. Uh, I got a couple of quick ones. Uh part Hey, how did you get ready for the trip? Did you use a skunky or were you able to shower in there?
Speaker 1: What'd you do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 11: I just run a towel side myself. Bop splashed some water on my face and on my hair. I had a change of clothes. Huh and uh yeah, that's that's how That's how I rode home.
Speaker 5: Okay, Dave.
Speaker 6: Defining moments in this final game, there were there were quite a few of them between the Judge era. I think when Dave Roberts walked out there to the mound, I was fifty to fifty on it. But when he pounded on the chest, looked him in the eye and said, I trust you, that had to be a defining moment for this organization.
Speaker 11: Without a doubt. That's Dave Roberts showing his players. He's talked about it. He wants to go out to the mound and look at look in the player's eyes and see what they've got. And can't say enough about Blake trying, can't say enough about what Rocker Buehler did. I mean, think about where this guy was just a month ago and now he's closing out the World Series for the Dodgers. Remarkable parade.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, David's just deplaying with the Dodgers as they land at lax Walker Bueler walking off the stairs with the trophy in hand. Dave, what does the rest of the day look like for this Dodgers team is a day of rest, a day of decompressing.
Speaker 1: What's the next the next few hours.
Speaker 11: Here, Yeah, that's exactly what it is. They're gonna get some time to reconnect with their family, enjoy Halloween, and be ready for the parade tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I feel like today is the day of just regrouping and getting ready for a party tomorrow in La Dave.
Speaker 4: Real quick, just how special group being around them. You heard everything they had to say about coming together for three and a half weeks and putting everything to the side. This group in particular. You've been around a lot of Dodger teams the last twelve years. What is this group like?
Speaker 11: It's a team? Tim If anybody listened to Dodger talk the last two months of the regular season, I don't usually say things that I don't believe. I believed in this team because of being around them, knowing how much they kept each other accountable all year long, and then really recognizing where they went wrong each of the last two years. And you've heard the stories how guys like Max Munsey, Will Smith, Mookie Bets, they got guys together and said, look, we need you, all of you everything for three and a half weeks. It wasn't going to guarantee anything, but that just showed how much these guys wanted it. They were tired of being called regular season champions, and they wanted to change the narratives. And Mookie Betts since spring training was telling me it's about October, it's about redemption. These guys were on a mission. It's not just It wasn't about o'tammy. It was about the guys that were here the last two years that really wanted to make amends and redeem themselves and change the narratives.
Speaker 4: Dave, great coverage all season long, great coverage during this place at playoffs last night, was tremendous inside the Dodgers' clubhouse on the field as well. Congratulations to you on a job well done. Great to see you back home in La enjoying some time with the family tonight, and we'll talk in the next couple hours, I'm sure, and tomorrow the parade.
Speaker 11: All right, guys, Franks.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Hey, there he goes, David Vasse.
Speaker 4: Nowhere else are you getting somebody walking off the team plane? Nowhere de playing with the Dodgers who are champions and giving you play by play from the tarmac as Walker Bueler comes off the plane.
Speaker 6: Nowhere else You're gonna get it, and this is ben and amazing run. And as kind of the music settles in, Tim, you get a little bit of feel of loneliness, maybe as scam is going to be departing and going their separate ways, old in voice, not in spirit until we meet again.
Speaker 5: Tim. It's been a remarkable run and a remarkable time with you.
Speaker 4: It's been tremendous. You never know how long these will last. Deep runs like in seventeen and eighteen and twenty, short runs like in nineteen getting bounced by the Nationals, or last year or last year losing to the Diamondbacks, or the year before losing to the San Diego Padres, to get to a Game five, to be down two to one to the Padres. This year, thinking it's all going to come to an end quickly again to get the Mets in the NLCS, and to think, I don't know is this going to happen? The way they lost the city feel having to come back to Dodger Stadium with all the momentum back towards the Mets.
Speaker 1: Well they get to a World Series.
Speaker 4: They did and then to finish it off in five games like they did last night. It has been a magical run. We're so honored to bring it to you every morning, live and local, the best Dodger coverage you're gonna get anywhere here in southern California, with our Dodger insider David Vase, with all you Dodger fans being a part of the daily show. And of course to have a two time World Series champion, Rookie of the Year, fan favorite, and one of the great Dodgers Steve Sacks giving you inside, telling you stories, telling you what it's like to be on a team, and a playoff run that's magical, Like in nineteen eighty eight, there's nowhere else are you getting this kind of coverage?
Speaker 6: Well, Dave, Tim, I'll tell you what. I had such a great time. We got to watch what I think is the best Dodger team ever and they did it this year, and I'm just grateful that you guys had me here as part of it.
Speaker 5: I really thank you guys so much. Had a great time.
Speaker 4: It has been fantastic and I cannot wait at the start of the season. Can't get here fast enough for me, even though the marathon of six month just ended. In the month long postseason run just ended hours ago. I'm excited for twenty twenty five. I'm excited to see what this roster looks like, what this team looks like, what shoey Otani looks like, pitching every five days for this Dodgers team, and to see if they can run it back in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Tim, you know what's scary. This team might be better next year. That's a scary thought.
Speaker 1: Hands down on paper, right, they will be better, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And expectations will be equally as high yep to defend this championship. And they're gonna get run from the Padres who are gonna be chomping at the bet. Yet again. It is gonna be a fun twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: I can't get here fast enough, but we'll celebrate tomorrow a parade. Check out Steve on CBS Channel two tomorrow with Jim Hill. We'll have the radio coverage beginning at nine to thirty am right here on A five seventy LA Sports. Thanks all postseason long to Michelle, Thanks to Katie Zach was in here as well. Thanks to Tracy Murray for a cup of coffee this morning, Saxon, you're not here to enjoy.
Speaker 5: It, man, I need a cup of coffee.
Speaker 4: Thanks to Steve Sacks. Thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. We can't do it without you. We're here to celebrate, in to talk Dodger baseball after and before every Dodger playoff game and the playoff run has come to an end. Saxy, Love you, buddy, We'll talk soon.
Speaker 5: Love you, Tim, Thank you buddy.
Speaker 4: All right there he is, the great Steve Sacks, Tim kats until next year. Congratulations to the twenty twenty four World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: So long,