Speaker 1: This is The Other Side of Midnight.
Speaker 2: They're running a strange program, y'all.
Speaker 1: With Walter Sterling.
Speaker 3: Come and listen to my story about a man named.
Speaker 4: Walter, a radio genius who would seldom falter.
Speaker 3: Then one day he was hanging around the station when his bosses decided to unleash him on the nation.
Speaker 5: Corporate, you know, Brooks Brothers Suits Club ties. Next thing you know, young Walter's VP, they gave him an office in New York City.
Speaker 4: But things didn't turn out exactly quite right.
Speaker 5: Now he's back on the other side of midnight.
Speaker 4: Weird callers, flying saucers, Florida stories.
Speaker 6: Eddie Murphy might have lost $ 15 million to his ex-wife in 2006, but he'd later watch the universe perform the ultimate audit on her, delivered in the form of another man. Eddie and Nicole met in 1988, when he was the biggest movie star on the planet, and she was a stunning 20-year-old model. They tied the knot in 1993 at a wedding that cost a whopping $ 1. 5 million. For over a decade, they were a happy family with five kids and managed to stay out of the messy tabloid scandals that usually wreck celebrity marriages. In 2005, Nicole filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. The settlement was a massive blow to Eddie's fortune. Nicole walked away with a staggering $ 15 million lump sum. At the time, Eddie wasn't thrilled about the payout. He had worked his life for that money, and handing over a $ 15 million check felt like a robbery. But he got back to work, filmed more hits, and made the money back ten times over. Nicole, however, decided to take her new money and invest it. handed 11 million of her settlement to a childhood friend, Troy Stratus, who claimed to have exclusive oil deals with Middle Eastern royalty. Their bond reportedly bordered on romantic, allowing Stratus to move into her luxury homes and live a playboy lifestyle on her dime. He even convinced her that he was being generous by paying for her high-end European vacations. In truth, he was actually using Nicole's own stolen money. By the time the FBI caught up to him, the investments were non-existent. Not only did Nicole lose the $ 11 million, she was left facing a $ 900, 000 IRS debt because Stratos hadn't paid her taxes or the mortgage on her Granite Bay mansion. She was forced to sell her home and liquidate her assets just to stay out of legal trouble. In 2016, Stratos was finally sentenced to 22 years in prison. Eddie Murphy had moved on to a massive new fortune and a new family, while the woman who walked away with his millions was essentially starting back at zero.
Speaker 4: Nothing has ruined Western culture more than feminism. Feminism is one of the greatest scams in the history of the earth. The most successful marketing campaign in history was not done by Nike, not done by Apple or McDonald's. It was feminism. Convincing an entire generation of women that their greatest power was actually a weakness. Think about it. Women can do something that no man can do. They can give birth to life to other humans. That's a superpower. And somehow we were sold on the idea that that's a lesser path. Imagine convincing women that shaping the future of civilization by raising kids, that's settling. But answering emails from nine to six Monday through Friday for a corporation that can replace you in two weeks, that's empowerment. They didn't liberate women from the home. They liberated a second income for the government to tax. And now, the average family needs two paychecks to barely afford what one paycheck used to afford. We call that progress in the name of feminism. There is no replacing a mom who is home. No daycare will ever be able to raise your children as well and as good as your mom. no babysitter, no caretaker, no housemaid, no butler, no one will ever be able to substitute the value that your family has when mom is at home and the stability that brings as well.
Speaker 5: Very unpopular to agree with that. And that's tragic because I completely agree with that. I'm going to tell you something that if you're of a certain age, you won't believe me. However, it is fact. In elementary school, and middle school. At lunchtime, kids went home for lunch. There was no cafeteria. Many elementary schools had no cafeteria. They didn't go to a cafeteria for lunch. They didn't sit outside. They went home at about an hour and 15 minutes to walk home, have lunch at home with mom, and then walk back to school. Got a break. filled mom in on what was going on. Mom could see if you were feeling good, not feeling good, what you were eating or not eating. That went on for decades and decades and decades. Sometimes, if I was lucky, mom would pick me up at school, maybe with one of her friends, and we'd go to a diner. Oh, that was the best. If mom took us to a diner, but somehow or another, we got back in time. This will sound crazy. Not figuratively, literally, everything changed when women wore slacks to work. The minute women wore slacks to work, the culture changed. It seems like a simple thing. No reason women can't wear slacks to work, of course, but it changed everything. And at the same time, our culture, our society was saying, well, you really should go to work. You can work if you want. There's no reason not to work. What's amazing is that in the 50 years since that happened till today, the type of work women are doing is exactly the same as they were doing 50 years ago. What type of work did women do 50 years ago? They did sewing, child care, cooking. Did they Go mining? Did they drill mines? No. Build bridges? No. Pave roads? No. They did none of the physical work 50 years ago, and they do none of the physical work today. 50 years ago they were secretaries. Today they're in HR. That's the difference. They're still doing thought work. They have not taken over the world of men. They've just changed it. from being secretaries and assistants and clerical work to being in human resources, public relations, advertising. That's the only difference. In our culture, there are certain people who have different roles, and some of the roles are coveted, and some of them are less coveted. Women always have a coveted role. They will always be valued because they can make something of value until menopause. Women of after menopause age technically have no role. They have a role of taking care of grandchildren, but it's not an established role and it's not defaulting to them. Minorities have a role because they are exalted, protected, Laws protect them. Teenagers, male and female, they have a role. Because again, they're applauded, encouraged. They're the future. They're protected. They're protected both by laws and by our society. But there are people who have no role. And those are 18 to 34-year-old single men. Now, what happened in the mid-1960s, which did not happen before, but it started in the 1960s and continues to this day in growing numbers, is there are 18 to 34-year-old men who absolutely will not be leaving the house. They are going to stay home. They need to be supported by their parents. Their parents have food, clothing, and shelter. Their parents are not throwing them out. There they are at home. Do they have a job?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: Do they have a full-time job? No. Are they in the military?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: Are they married?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: Do they have kids?
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: They are dependent on their parents. They are children. They do not have a role. They're the members of the family that nobody goes to for advice. Whoever that is, no one's going to them for advice. Cousins, relatives, no, no one's going to them for advice. They stay home. They have no role. It started in the late 1960s. And what happened was two things. One was the wage price freeze in the late 1960s, early 1970s, where it became very quickly economically preferable for two people in that house to have jobs. It became almost a necessity because a couple things happened. Mortgages went up to 18%. Oh, you didn't know that. In the early 1980s, mortgages went up to 18%. Today, a huge mortgage is 6%. My God, who could pay that well? Thousands, millions. of homes were foreclosed upon because only one income was coming into those houses. They couldn't afford the mortgage. Floating mortgage rates killed them. And as a result, mom had to go out and get a job. Culturally, at the same time, the world was saying, you should be working. You should go to work. There's no reason for you to be stuck at home, trapped with your kids, forced to be a mother. This was all promoted by women who had no children. Jane Fonda, Betty Furness, they had no children. They were promoting a world where women worked and let someone else take care of the kids. It wasn't important. What has this done to the kids? They're going home to empty houses. They feel less safe. They have no place and nobody to put their lives into perspective. And what do we have? Depressed kids, ADHD, kids addicted to you name it, because there's no buffer. There's nobody there. Now, let me share with you what happens in feminism. If feminism was true, if it was followed through on in the truest sense, A man should be able to look at his wife and his kids and say, you know what? Mom's making enough money. I'm going to stay home. I want to stay home and take care of the kids. I want to take care of the house. I'm good at this. I want to do it. And mom's making enough money. She's making enough money to support us. Mom, I'm going to stay home. And you're going to go to work. Stay at work. She's already working. You stay at work. You're making enough money for all of us. I don't want to work anymore. How often would a woman say, hey, that's great. No problem. Good idea. If every woman said that, 90% of the women said that, then the promise of feminism would would have come to fruition.
Speaker 4: Nothing has ruined Western culture more than feminism. Feminism is one of the greatest scams in the history of the earth. The most successful marketing campaign in history was not done by Nike, not done by Apple or McDonald's. It was feminism. Convincing an entire generation of women that their greatest power was actually a weakness. Think about it. Women can do something that no man can do. They can give birth to life to other humans. That's a superpower. And somehow we were sold on the idea that that's a lesser path. Imagine convincing women that shaping the future of civilization by raising kids, that's settling. But answering emails from 9 to 6 Monday through Friday for a corporation that can replace you in two weeks, that's empowerment. They didn't liberate women from the home. They liberated a second income from the government attacks. And now, the average family needs two paychecks to barely afford what one paycheck used to afford. We call that progress in the name of feminism. There is no replacing a mom who is home. No daycare will ever be able to raise your children as well and as good as your mom. No babysitter, no caretaker, no housemaid, no butler, no one will ever be able to substitute the value that your family has when mom is at home and the stability that brings as well.
Speaker 5: Now about those men who are at home. The men who are at home. Mom, dad, retired. Here they've got their 28-year-old son, not in the army, not working, not married, sitting at home doing nothing. doesn't have a role that guy doesn't have a role he's dangerous because any man anybody who does not have a role in our culture is dangerous because they will seek excitement in all of its forms.
Speaker 10: We go to tj maxx when we don't need anything it's just a part of our mental health day We just want to go look at stuff and smell candles.
Speaker 4: I feel good.
Speaker 10: At TJ Maxx knowing that anything I would ever need in life I could get right.
Speaker 2: Here in.
Speaker 5: This store. 800-848-9222. Walter Sterling live on the radio. It's a live radio show. The Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling. It's The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling. If you want to.
Speaker 11: Go to Figgly Wiggly or fight an alligator in a swamp, then The Other Side of Midnight has what you want. It's Florida Stories.
Speaker 12: I'm James Parker and this.
Speaker 7: Is Florida Stories.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 12: Good to see you. I'm about to ruin that with some real stupidity here. For our first Florida story is a woman who has some addiction issues.
Speaker 5: She gets busted.
Speaker 12: Now, once you get busted and you know you have priors, you got to know that any other time that you have an interaction with cops, you get pulled over or anything like that. then the cops are going to be extra suspicious of you. And so maybe you want to try and keep a low profile. Well, at some point, this woman went to the store and saw a bag. Now on it, it said definitely not a bag full of drugs. Now, I don't mean somebody wrote on it with a Sharpie. It was not embroidered, but was that screen printed on there? And so she gets pulled over. You're not going to believe what they found in it. You know, at least she had the Narcan in there, though. She's She's a well-seasoned Florida. If you're not familiar, Narcan is what you take when you overdose. So she was just ready to party there. Sorry I got interrupted. But it's just like I almost feel like you don't believe me when I say that because.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, they got on the radio making stuff up.
Speaker 12: No, a Florida woman who has priors was keeping her drugs in a bag that said definitely not a bag full of drugs. And she got busted.
Speaker 1: Hold my beer. Hold my beer.
Speaker 2: Hold my beer.
Speaker 12: For our next Florida story, we have a husband and wife who got together A while back, they got married in Connecticut around 2003, and she is of Puerto Rican heritage. And I don't know if that contributes to how fiery she is, but she became so abusive that at some point he had to move out of the house that he himself was living in. He was able to get a divorce. They split up since she can't support herself. She had to go back and stay with some family in Puerto Rico. Well, they had rekindled. their romance and they were going to give it another try. They meet up in Florida. They're headed back to Connecticut to try and resume their married life, but they get into an argument in Clearwater, Florida. And at some point, uh, there's a lot of alcohol involved. She beats him with a toy, with an adult toy. And so he has to, and it doesn't say where she hit him. I don't, that's up to your imagination, but the, uh, the cops get there and he tells them, yeah, we have a history of She's done this before. They can see her priors. She, of course, is ragingly drunk. They have a hard time communicating with her. And eventually she did admit to using the toy on him. I mean, not just she hit him with it.
Speaker 1: Hold my beer. Hold my beer.
Speaker 5: We have a Florida man, 29 years old.
Speaker 12: A Florida woman, 53 years old. And they're over at the bus stop in front of a Wendy's restaurant adjacent to US Highway 19. And they're caught doing what's called an unnatural act. Now, I don't know what that means, an unnatural hack, because it sounds like it's probably something sexual, but isn't sex natural? I didn't go to law school. However, I don't want to dig too further in this one, because when you look in the mugshots, I'm having a hard time telling which one's which. I mean, they both kind of look like the dude, so... Maybe we're just better off not knowing what an unnatural act is in the eyes of the Florida law. Please, God.
Speaker 4: Next story.
Speaker 1: Hold my beer.
Speaker 4: Hold my beer.
Speaker 12: Well, for our next Florida story, we're going to go to the Botanica Day Spa in Clearwater, where a Florida man goes in to get a massage. And, you know, I don't know. how people know which day spa is the right day spa or which massage parlor is the right massage parlor. But apparently this is one of the ones that gives a little extra service. So, uh, the guy at the end of the massage, uh, he gets flipped over and the masseuse kind of brushes up against it. And he's like, Oh, okay. I'm sure that was an accident. And then that kind of, is that a, that feels like a mouth. Well, I don't mean to ruin what would otherwise be an interesting, maybe even fun story, but it turns out the masseuse problem is a dude. That's not what I was expecting either. There's a lot of fellas who'd probably be okay with that. This guy wasn't. So he jumps up, actually runs out of the massage parlor to his car naked, calls cops, and they come and arrest the guy. He's like, oh, look, I thought I was doing him a favor. I was just trying to earn a tip.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Get me out of here.
Speaker 1: Hold my beer.
Speaker 12: Hold my beer. Now, here we are in the same episode. We have another Public sex story. This one's down in Key West. And, you know, you hear about how freaky Key West is because they got all the creepy middle middle aged swingers going there. But even in Key West, you're not allowed to do it on a public sidewalk. However, a couple of interesting variables in this version of the story. The woman is 38. The man's 41. And she looks all right. You've definitely done worse than that. I've certainly done worse than that. I'm impressed at the time.
Speaker 4: 4.20 in the morning.
Speaker 12: And that's not like a weed thing.
Speaker 2: Smoke weed every day.
Speaker 12: But to still have that kind of game, that kind of scene control, have her interest, still have her be awake and alive and attuned and turned on at 4.20 in the morning. I just assume there has to be drugs involved.
Speaker 1: Hold my beer.
Speaker 9: Hold my beer.
Speaker 4: Hold my beer.
Speaker 5: I'm James Parker.
Speaker 12: Florida Stories is a Spring Rock production on the Red Apple Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Walter Sterling, 30 minutes past the hour, on the air in Chicago on WGN with Chuck in Illinois. Chuck in Illinois, welcome to the other side of midnight.
Speaker 7: Hi. Hello. Yeah, the stuff that you just went through, I've been there in Florida. I know night... 19 and Key West, and also the Mountain Blue and the Pier 66. I'm sure that you know those places, too.
Speaker 5: So you have money?
Speaker 7: No, I don't have money. I had enough that I could fly my own plane and a few things like that.
Speaker 5: Your own plane?
Speaker 7: They always thought you had money, yes.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 7: But also I was one of those kids that, uh, had walked home from school for lunch. And, uh, I'm, uh, I don't know if I'm fortunate enough to be looking at, uh, age 91 here in a couple of days.
Speaker 5: So you're our youngest listener. You are the youngest listener.
Speaker 7: Yes. And, uh, and my wife was one of the beautiful women that, uh, we got into some multilevel marketing, and she was able to make as high as $ 500 a day, and it was mostly because she was beautiful. And it wasn't what people would think, you know. It just happened to be one of those.
Speaker 5: What were you marketing? What were you marketing?
Speaker 7: At that time, we were marketing what they called the Slim Jim, and we were getting different... Uh, dealers under us, if we, if we get a new dealer, why we could make, you know, like 500 bucks on that, you know, and, uh, it was going great guns. So it just petered out, but, uh, we, and we met all kinds of people, you know, while we were involved in that sort of thing. Also. I know Route 19 there. My parents had it placed over in Crystal River. And I've flown into some of the airports down in Florida, one thing and another. But also, I had a small corporation that....
Speaker 5: Are you going to leave me money? If you own the corporation, are you going.
Speaker 7: To leave me money? Not at this point. I'll tell you what. I guess the legislators and one thing or another just made it impossible to run that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: What sort of thing?
Speaker 7: You know, and I was up against the Chinese there. Chinese? During that period, you know, anything you want. Anything you wanted to do.
Speaker 5: Chinese. Peter in Illinois. Welcome to the other side of midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 7: Hi, Peter.
Speaker 9: Hello, Walter. It's very good to be able to speak with you. I'm out here in Illinois. I'd like to comment on your conversation on special education last Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 9: I listened to your radio show on my way home from work. And as someone who grew up with a hearing loss and learning disabilities and an attention deficit disorder, my parents were public school teachers, and I needed a speech pathologist when I was younger because I stuttered. And the district told my parents that they couldn't do that. They just didn't have the resources. Despite the fact my parents were being public educators, told the district that they were bound by to do that by law.
Speaker 5: Correct. Correct.
Speaker 9: They screwed around and screwed around, and eventually the head of curriculum for the district, whom I will not name, told my dad that your son is going to be a never-do-well. He's not going to amount to anything. You really should put him in special ed. That's the best place for him. My mother, of course, was absolutely furious.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 9: And eventually, my parents ended up pulling my older sisters out of the district and sent them to a Catholic school because it was much better run. We ended up moving out of that town. My dad transferred districts to a different district where I was mainstreamed and put into a regular school setting. But what I wanted to comment on, Walter, was how you stress that a parent has to be an advocate for their child.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 9: And a lot of parents do not understand that. And it becomes a big shock to them how much work they have to do, how much research, how frustrating it is, and how many school districts don't promote what they're supposed to do legally.
Speaker 5: Many school districts do not promote what they're supposed to do legally because they don't want to spend the money for that kid. They'd rather spend the money for like a new gym or office furniture. But here's what's important to remember. It's something key you said, which is that by law, whatever a child needs in a public school system to be accommodated, to make it possible for them to read, write, do math, whatever accommodation is necessary, by law, that school district must provide, absolutely must provide. And the part about vigilance on the part of the parent, Absolutely true. None of them are going to inform you. None of them are going to keep you up to date. You have to keep them up to date. And it's nonstop. It does not hurt to have a lawyer. Lawyers help. And because why would you know the maze of public school bureaucracy relative to special ed? Why would any parent know that? And thank you very much for the call, Peter. No parent would know that. They need help. It is not unreasonable. to say, you know what, we need help. There are advocates for parents who have special needs kids who will help a parent through that maze, know all the rules and regulations, know what is required, know what that school district must do. But remember, and this is something my wife and I learned, the kid's not going to get a second chance. It isn't like I learn all of these rules and I learn the laws of special ed and then You know, a year or two later, we're able to get all that stuff done. That's a year or two missed. Seventh grade, sixth grade, fifth grade, that's a year or two missed. Cannot afford it. Those children cannot afford it. They're challenged enough. By the time they're done with school, that challenge has become profound. While they're in school, because they're going to have a lifetime with that challenge, while they're in school, it is our job as parents to do everything in our power to make sure that kid has every single resource possible, that every resource in that school district is assigned to them. Now, if you get an individual education plan, an IEP, that is a legal document. And if the IEP says, we will assign the maximum amount of resources that we have available, and you're reading it and you go, oh, they're going to put all the resources they can, uh, possible assigned to our kid. That's great. No, it's not great. It isn't as much as they can. It isn't whatever we have that is possible. That's not the definition. The definition is that the accommodations must be made for that child. Whatever that child needs, those accommodations have to be provided. That is the law. And that's why sometimes it's a good idea to have a lawyer to have a lawyer with you at your side to sit in on the IEP meetings. A lawyer can come to those. Sometimes it's a really good idea to have a lawyer at those or just send the lawyer because it's complicated and because there's no reason for you an English major who didn't go to law school to have to know all that stuff how could you possibly know all that stuff but you're not going to get another chance and we had a situation where we had a mediation agreement to keep our kid in a special ed school a special needs school terrific school insanely expensive. And the school district agreed to pay for one year of that, but did not agree to pay for the second year of that. And as a result, ultimately said, we're not paying for that. We will be able to provide the resources within our school. No, you won't. And they couldn't. And we decided to homeschool our kid, which I didn't want to do for a lot of reasons. My kids aren't Amish. They're not Mennonites. They don't I don't want my kid walking around with those long skirts and those weird hats. I didn't want homeschooled kids because, as you know, they were weird. However, we homeschool her. It's the best thing we could have possibly done because she's a one-on-one learner. Maybe yours is too. She learns one-on-one. And because she has the absolute attention of her teacher, she learns and she likes it. This is the first time in her life that she actually likes school, and she's homeschooled. There are many other ways for her to have social support, and she's one of those kids who was, like, born to make friends. She knows how to do it. She knows how to make friends. All right, I'm Walter Sterling. This is The Other Side of Midnight. My phone number is 800-848-9222.
Speaker 11: 800-848-9222.
Speaker 5: One never knows when the homosexual is about.
Speaker 4: Let's take the case.
Speaker 13: Of Jimmy Barnes. Jimmy played baseball all afternoon and he didn't feel like walking home so he decided to thumb a ride.
Speaker 7: He'd done it.
Speaker 13: A hundred times before and he didn't think anything was unusual when the driver struck up a friendly conversation. In fact, he seemed like a real nice guy. What Jimmy didn't know was that Ralph was sick, a sickness that was not visible like smallpox, but no less dangerous and contagious, a sickness of the mind. You see, Ralph was a homosexual, a person who demands an intimate relationship with members of their own sex. So no matter where you meet a stranger, be careful if they are too friendly, if they try to win your confidence too quickly, and if they become overly personal. One never knows when the homosexual is about.
Speaker 5: He may appear normal. Lesbians in space, space, space.
Speaker 4: The other side of midnight.
Speaker 10: Something really weird happened with Una.
Speaker 1: Tell me everything right now.
Speaker 4: I don't even, like, I really don't know if I can, like, explain it.
Speaker 10: Try.
Speaker 4: It was like, our faces were, like, so close to each other. Like, I could feel her breathing on me.
Speaker 9: Okay, hot.
Speaker 2: And then she touched my thigh.
Speaker 4: Ah, okay.
Speaker 7: So she's in love with you.
Speaker 4: No, because that was it.
Speaker 9: Like, nothing else happened. Really?
Speaker 10: And it's so confusing because I can't figure her out.
Speaker 2: I can't, like, tell what she's thinking.
Speaker 4: And it's driving me insane.
Speaker 8: But at the same time, I'm like, dude, why would she touch my body like that?
Speaker 9: No, 100%.
Speaker 5: 100%, actually.
Speaker 1: I'm Robert Clonworthy, the voice of ancient aliens.
Speaker 9: This Thursday, on the other side of midnight.
Speaker 3: Isn't it a little bit homophobic that we're so focused on the straights of homos and not the gays of homos?
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 8: Yes, for sure.
Speaker 3: Why do you think they're willing to leave the gays of homos behind?
Speaker 8: I think it's just, um, history, historically, like, you know, gays have always been very discriminated against, which is wrong on so many levels.
Speaker 5: Even in war.
Speaker 6: Yeah, even in war.
Speaker 8: It just takes more reform in government, obviously, and then also educating society.
Speaker 3: I just feel like if we're gonna go and say, oh, we can't leave the gay people behind, I don't think we should go and say at all, but if we're going to, the gays of Hormuz, we could turn it into Fire Island.
Speaker 8: For sure.
Speaker 13: One never knows when the homosexual is about. Let's take the case of Jimmy Barnes. Jimmy played baseball all afternoon and he didn't feel like walking home so he decided to thumb a ride. He'd done it a hundred times before and he didn't think anything was unusual when the driver struck up a friendly conversation.
Speaker 9: In fact, he seemed like a real nice guy.
Speaker 13: What Jimmy didn't know was that Ralph was sick, a sickness that was not visible like smallpox, but no less dangerous and contagious, a sickness of the mind. You see, Ralph was a homosexual, a person who demands an intimate relationship with members of their own sex. So no matter where you meet a stranger, be careful if they are too friendly, if they try to win your confidence too quickly, and if they become overly personal. One never knows when the homosexual is about.
Speaker 5: He may appear normal. Special show on Saturday. We're going to have abductees, UFO abductees, throughout the show. Starts at 2 a.m. Saturday morning. Special bonus track of Walter Sterling on the other side. of midnight.
Speaker 1: The other side of midnight with walter sterling.
Speaker 5: My god ross coldheart journalist award-winning broadcaster expert on ufos conspiracy theories and our government's failure to inform us he's live in sydney australia he works with news nation welcome to the show ross.
Speaker 2: G'day, Walter, and g'day, Midnight Misfits. I'm talking about a place called Susquehanna, which is a power station, which is in Pennsylvania, the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station in Pennsylvania. And you and I, Walter, have been very prominent, I think, in taking a very sceptical view over the last few years about the official explanation for the unexplained objects that have been breaching airspace over often very sensitive government military facilities, but especially just over suburban New Jersey for many, many months. And you and I were both talking many times on this show about the fact that time and time again, we are told by the authorities that these are just drones. And the most banal explanation being offered by those in charge is that clearly some naughty person is just putting up a commercial or maybe even a military sized drone and breaching the airspace over sensitive civil aviation facilities. And don't you worry your tiny little heads about this. There's really nothing to worry about. It's nothing anomalous. Well, my friend. I have just put to air an interview with a guy who I think puts this to rest once and for all, and he is very strongly of the view that we need to take anomalous phenomena over sensitive military and civilian facilities extremely seriously indeed. The guy's name is Daryl Johnson, and he's a very Big banana. He's formerly one of the top experts on domestic terrorism in the United States. He worked in a counterterrorism role in the US Army, and he ended up working inside the office of. the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the Office of Nuclear Security and Incident Response, doing all of the security for the body that controls the security over some of our most sensitive nuclear plants. And what he's discovered is truly shocking. Forgive me, I'm getting somebody... Believe me, I understand.
Speaker 5: It's all right. Pause if you need to, because I want to hear this story. This is clearly a big story, sir.
Speaker 2: So he was responsible for monitoring, assessing, and trending all drone and UAP flyovers at every single commercial nuclear power reactor and fuel cycle facility across the United States. It was Darrell who wrote the annual report to Congress for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's security inspection program, He was responsible for all of the security advisories sent to all the licensees, and he reviewed all of the suspicious activity reports from all licensees. And essentially, he was the guy who did the trend analysis on what is actually being seen over these nuclear power plants. And his job was to coordinate with the Department of Defense's UFO Investigation Office, the All Domain Anomaly Resolution Office, on UAPs. And what he revealed to me in this interview is quite shocking because he's discovered that, for example, at Susquehanna, 22nd of October 2022, what was officially described as a drone was a gigantic black triangular object with a large spotlight that hovered over the nuclear power plant for two hours.
Speaker 5: Two hours.
Speaker 2: And it did this with total impunity, shining down a huge spotlight over one of the most sensitive facilities that has nuclear power in the United States. And what's interesting is the official explanation is that these were just one of several drones that breached the airspace. That's what the public have been told by the NRC. But the reality is, from the guy who was in charge of security, he thinks these are anomalous. He says the lights were very, very prominent. If somebody was trying to hide this object, it was a very, very clearly, obviously well-lit craft. It was clearly some kind of structured craft. It was a black triangle. No noise was heard. Absolutely no sign of any propellers, no jet engines, no turbines, a completely silent object hovering only very, very low over the head of security guards. And they were completely hopeless in their inability to be able to do anything about it. And what's interesting, Walter, and you and I have spoken about this before, that all too often what I suspect is described as a drone is purely and simply an unexplained object and that the official default position now has come to be that UAPs, Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena, objects like this black triangle, are reported either as drones or or not at all. And that's exactly what Daryl Johnson tells me in the interview that we've just put to air. He says that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, he says it's incredibly serious. He says they're getting incomplete data because there's no guidance that distinguishes UAPs, that is potentially anomalous objects, from unmanned aerial systems, drones. Nobody knows how to tell the difference. And he said that inside the NRC, when he tried to raise this as a concern, nobody cared. They actually tried to discourage him from reporting it to the Pentagon's UAP office. And he was saying, he doesn't say that they are extraterrestrial, but he did tell me, quote, something is observing us. We don't know what it is or who controls it. But he said that in his time at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, he, Daryl Johnson, the guy in charge of security, saw time and time again objects being explained away as drones when he could not plausibly explain what they were. And he said he didn't think there was any willingness inside the NRC, which of course is the body that is meant to be protecting us all, from the possibility of the nuclear materials inside these plants being swept away by some dastardly terrorist. Basically, his division director laughed at the idea of aliens or UAPs and joked. And he basically discouraged him from making a report to the Pentagon, as he was required to do by law. And so he's gone public with me and it's quite a major story. I'm genuinely concerned by what he reveals because what he's saying is that even if you wanted to bring down these objects, I said to him, why didn't somebody just shoot down these craft over these areas? And he laughed and he said, you wouldn't believe this. A drone is defined as an aircraft under FAA laws. And so it's a breach of the Aircraft Sabotage Act to shoot down a drone, even if it's hovering over one of the most sensitive nuclear facilities in Pennsylvania. And he said it's a potential felony liability for the security staff at a nuclear power plant to either jam, damage, destroy, hack or seize any kind of aircraft, even if it's a remotely controlled drone. All they can do is watch the object and watch it leave. So really, there's no power to do anything. So whether this is Chinese, little green men from Zeta Reticuli, or something else, maybe some civilian playing games, we have a huge hole over our most sensitive nuclear power facilities because, as he explained to me, the reactors themselves are very, very well protected. They have incredible quantities of concrete surrounding them But to take out a nuclear reactor, all you need to do is damage the cooling pond or other sections of the nuclear site that I'm not going to reveal. And he says you can disarm and disable a nuclear power plant using a $ 10 drone with impunity. They can't even shoot it down. And if it was alien, Walter, well, as you and the Midnight Misfits now know, they wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.
Speaker 5: Now, Ross Caldhart, News Nation, as a man of action like me, our first reaction, if we're stationed at a nuclear, nuclear power plant and we see objects that we cannot identify and our control towers are saying, we don't know what that is, we're going to shoot them down. What happens to the soldiers who say, I'm going to shoot it down?
Speaker 2: They would go to jail for committing a felony offense under the aircraft sabotage act. It's hilarious, Walter. Nobody in government has actually thought, they've spent so much time debunking the UAP story and trying to tell us that there is no such thing as aliens, that they haven't addressed the fact that technology has changed. As we see in Ukraine now, it's possible to knock out the most advanced Soviet Russian tanks with a $ 10, 000 military drone carrying armor-piercing weaponry. We can take out nuclear power plants from above in ways that weren't contemplated even 10 years ago. And the technology is of such a threat that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, according to my informant, Daryl Johnson, the guy who used to run their security, he is saying that they are woefully unprepared for this kind of incursion, whether it be alien or foreign adversaries. Whatever it is, something has been penetrating these very sensitive nuclear facilities with total impunity.
Speaker 5: Do you think Daryl Johnson, your source, is in any danger for revealing this?
Speaker 2: No, he's a ballsy guy, Walter. One of the things I love about America, in the English system we operate under in Australia, people get intimidated by governments. But the thing I love about America is you guys were imbued with civics. You're not taught to hate the media and you're not taught to not be a whistleblower. People are encouraged to come forward when they see wrong.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: And I really admire that about America. People speak out when they see wrong. And he's a good, brave man. He's written a terrific book that basically highlights chapter and verse the failings inside the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and I sincerely hope the top people in Washington listen to him. Because interestingly enough, he was one of the guys who sounded the alarm about right-wing groups shortly before the January 6th congressional takeover, where the Congress was invaded by thugs that trashed the Congress. So he's one of the people who I think has persistently taken a strong stand on combating and predicting threats, and good on him for writing the book he's written.
Speaker 5: Ross Coulthard, News Nation. What's the name of the show? How can we see you on News Nation?
Speaker 2: Reality check. Ross Coulthard. Thank you, Walter.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to The Other Side of Midnight.
Speaker 14: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio.com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social, on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X. See you next time for a new episode so you never have to wonder
Speaker 4: What the heck is going on here?