Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nights studios on don BZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: The New York Times today issued their editorial board opinion on the choice for president, and the editorial board said, the only patriotic choice for president, it's Vice President Harris. That doesn't surprise me. And I don't know how many people listen to opinions from newspaper editorial boards. However, you got to take and listen to these numbers.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I know that right now most Trump supporters are convinced he will win, and I know that right now most Harris supporters are convinced she will win. But let me give you some numbers. This is from the internals on this poll. This NBC News survey in September, late September of twenty twenty four, meaning this month, late this month, they did a poll on President Trump and vice former President Trump and current Vice President Harris. And so they asked there were really five categories. One was that you could say about how you feel about them. And again, oftentimes politics is about feeling so very positive, somewhat positive, neutral, and conversely somewhat negative or very negative.
Speaker 3: So Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Between very positive and positive or somewhat positive, very positive, somewhat positive, had forty percent, has forty percent somewhat negative or very negative fifty three percent. That is a big disparity. It's a thirteen percent difference.
Speaker 3: Okay. Now, if you go back and look at.
Speaker 2: Kamally Harris's numbers, she has forty eight percent positive as opposed to President Trump's forty percent again combined very positive, somewhat positive, and she had forty five percent negative, somewhat negative, and very negative. So her negatives are better than President Trump by about eight points, and her positives are better about than President Trump about eight points. Now, those of you who will say to me, well, you know he's doing better now than he did in twenty twenty, not really in twenty twenty. Now, this is later in the campaign. This is the weekend before the election. In twenty twenty, Donald Trump's positive, very positive, and somewhat positive were forty three percent. His negative and very somewhat negative and very negative was fifty two percent. It's not all that difference from today. So Donald Trump's base seems to say, stay the same, just a little over forty percent, but his negatives are just a little over fifty percent. Unless President Trump can turn things around, and I mean turn them around quickly. I think he's got problems. I don't know how he gets to Well, you're not gonna win with with forty percent in the vote, okay, and even if you give him a little more, you're not gonna win. So the president over the weekend, talking in Wisconsin, Rob, I'm going to call your attention to cut one B in a moment, decides to make these disparaging and arguably embarrassing comments about the current president and the current vice president. I don't know who Donald Trump thinks he's pulling into his category by making these statements.
Speaker 3: This is cut number one B, Rob.
Speaker 4: Joe Biden became mentally impaired, Kamala was born that way, and if you think about it, only a mentally disabled person could have allowed.
Speaker 3: This to happen to our country.
Speaker 2: Well, the president former president is wrong there, Okay. There's a different viewpoint, there's a different worldview within the Democratic Party versus the Republican Party.
Speaker 3: That's what it comes down to. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why President Trump decides to take his campaign into the gutter and make those comments. If he wants to talk about real issues, there were some numbers that were available over the weekend that he did talk about in Wisconsin. This to me, is a much more convincing SoundBite than to call somebody mentally impaired or having been born that way.
Speaker 3: Cut one a rob.
Speaker 5: Think of it.
Speaker 4: Thirteen ninety nine murderers convicted of murder, not like convicted of murder. Some of the worst murders you've ever seen the role in our country now, every one of them. And I've been saying this for three years, and the fake news has.
Speaker 3: Been said, well you don't know that. Well, now we know it.
Speaker 4: They've never released a list like this, not just on this, They've never done it over the years. They've never done on.
Speaker 3: It, she let in.
Speaker 4: And that's not even mentioning the rapists, the gang members, the drug dealers, the child predators, and the traffickers.
Speaker 3: In women, in women, mostly women.
Speaker 2: So that's an argument that he can make. Okay, But again coming back to Donald Trump, this is a different SoundBite, different sound bite.
Speaker 6: Cut five up, crooked Joe Biden became.
Speaker 4: Mentally impaired, said, but lion Kamala Harris, Honestly, I believe she was born that way. There's something wrong.
Speaker 6: With Kamala and I just don't know what it is, but there is definitely something missing, and you know what, everybody knows it.
Speaker 2: Maybe he really believes that, I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Does that help him? Does that sort of language? Five?
Speaker 2: Except yeah, it's about five weeks from from the election, five weeks from tomorrow. As a matter of fact, do you think that helps him pick up voters?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: And when you look at these numbers, I don't see how he's going to pull people over to his side in terms of a positive viewpoint with negative campaigning. Uh, let's go to the phones. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, triple eight nine to nine, ten thirty or six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Dave is in Norwell, Dave, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hi, Dan, Thank you so much. It's kind of a play that's like it's about time. Uh, you know, like you have a man that just lies, lies, lies, and then he just insults everybody.
Speaker 2: So you're doing you're doing the same thing that he does. Now, Okay, I'm not lie.
Speaker 7: I don't lie, though, Dan, I try to tell the truth, you know.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm not accusing you of being a liar about what I'm saying is he calls Kamala Harris lie in Kamala, and you fall into the same trap. You could criticize Donald Trump on all sorts of issues. David, I know you had that ability, But why does everybody have to get in the gutter.
Speaker 3: Why don't you talk.
Speaker 2: About some policies that you disagree with or some policies.
Speaker 7: Well, I you know, I can get pretty deep into the policies, but the reality is, do you really want someone that you can't? I mean, everything that comes out of his mouth it's manipulated for his benefit. And well, listen, his policies aren't good. He gave you know, the history's already made. You know, he gave all attack credits to the most wealthy. It was not as good for the economy as people say it is. You know, his new plans right now is to drive inflation and not reduce it. You know, you know the ship is going in her way in a good way. The United States is the strongest country in the world. And he's up there just telling everybody how bad it is. And it's going to be all over And don't go out of your house and get raped and murdered, and that's just not really I mean, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: There had been a lot of Americans, Dave, Dave, there have been a lot of Americans. Uh, and you're smart enough to know some of the names of the women who have been raped and murdered by people who came here illegally. If he talked about that, that is a that's a really serious problem. I mean, there's a there's a woman who was a college student, Lincoln Riley.
Speaker 3: I think you know her name.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have, absolutely And what they're doing, isn't it? Is it her family or one of the families said stop using I Daughtter's name is a you know, as a you know, as an example of you know, the worst.
Speaker 2: A lot a lot of on the On the contrary, Dave, a lot of their families, including Lake and Riley's family, have appeared with Trump. I mean, you know again, I would never want your family, my family, or anyone's family to go through that. And there are people killed in this country every day by fellow Americans and raped by fellow Americans. Which is an argument, but we don't need to allow more people into the country who we know nothing about, and some of whom are convicted murderers and rapists. I mean, it doesn't make the country any safer. And if he focused on those issues, he would be a more effective candidate, and his negative ratings would not be fifty three percent and his positive ratings would be higher than forty percent. I just don't understand how he campaigns this way and thinks he's helping himself.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Well, he's like, you know, he wants to create a chaos and then say that he's going to solve it. I mean, did you hear what he said today? I think it was today. It's saying like he's gonna, you know, let's get let's uh, let's ruff everybody up for a day or something like that, you know, send the police out the rough up people they don't like or whatever.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear that.
Speaker 7: It's just it's I mean, he's if you have that, he seems like he's getting sicker.
Speaker 2: Well again, he's going to call Biden deranged or whatever. He's going to call Lion Kabala. You're doing, whether you realize it or not, you're doing the same thing to him. So if you think that you're helping your cause by accusing him of being a liar being people want to talk about issues.
Speaker 3: That's what I want to talk about.
Speaker 7: Well, that's why I love talking about the issues, because they're all. I mean, if you look at the you know, everybody's all. The inflation is out of control. It's like two percent now. I mean, you know, the leading leading indicators all show that, you know, we're actually overshooting it right now. That's I don't know with the.
Speaker 3: Was the last time at a grocery store?
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 2: When was the last time you went shop?
Speaker 7: I Dan I I I watched prices in the grocery store like a hawk, and the prices there was.
Speaker 2: A lot more or less now than when Trump.
Speaker 3: When Trump was president.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, you can't blame you can't blame the the the pandemic on Trump, and you can't blame the pandemic on uh Biden. So so there's a situation there that you know, you know, anybody that wants to say the inflation was because of Biden, the inflation was because of trumpel, It's just not true. It's because of a major you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's talk about let's talk Dave about a different issue.
Speaker 3: Here's a different issue.
Speaker 2: Okay, with things better in the Middle East when Trump was president, or have they better now with.
Speaker 7: I You know something, I'm not an expert in the Middle East, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, no problem finding. You know what I'm saying is Trump was was trying to get the Arab countries to sign and agreements with Israel. It was it was called the Abraham Accords. I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 7: Yes I do, actually not. I'm not not an expert on it by any means, but you know.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a bunch of Arab countries. We're opening up relationships with Israel. So let's talk about Ukraine did putin? How many countries did Putin invade while Trump was in the White House?
Speaker 7: You know that's so like Trump is a defender of Ukraine or something like that. It's it's not.
Speaker 4: Saying that I'm asking you a question, but it's it's it's you.
Speaker 2: Wanted to talk about issues, and I'm trying to talk about issues. How many countries did Putin invade when Trump was in the White House?
Speaker 7: Do I think the country is a safer country with with a Democrat in there or a Republican I don't care who's in there, a Democrat or a Republican. I just don't want Donald Trump anywhere near the lovers of society.
Speaker 2: He's again, you don't. I was hoping you might wanted to have talked about issues, but that's okay. Next time, let's pick some more issues and.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about more issues. Fair enough.
Speaker 2: I got to run for now, Dave, because I'm into my newscast, but I always appreciate your call calling.
Speaker 3: Each have a great night. Good night.
Speaker 2: The number of countries that Putin invaded while Trump was in the White House zero And if Trump talked about that as opposed to talking about calling people deranged or whatever, he would be in a better position than he finds himself in today.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And until he figures that out, he is going to pave the way for not only his loss, but the presidency of soon to be well, the presidency of Vice President Harris. We'll be back on Night's side. If you disagree, come on, bring it on six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. And I want to hear from some Trump supporters if you think that that this helps him, explain it to me. Explain it to me by basically just sounding like, I don't know, some stand up comic uh at at a.
Speaker 3: Rally and.
Speaker 2: He goes on with these rallies for like an hour and a half, and Kamala Harris was right. People are walking out. There's some video of him at a rally. I think yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, if the election were held tonight or today, say hello to President Harris. You can agree or disagreeing. By the way, we will have that VP debate tomorrow night, which should be fun interesting, be a great opportunity to look at jd Vance and Governor Well. Senator jd Vance and Governor Tim Wallas join the conversation. I got a couple of open lines. You can try one at six one seven two four and one at six one seven nine. Coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 3: It's Night Side with Dan.
Speaker 1: Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: I keep coming back to the debate that president former President Trump have with Vice President Harris, where he's talking about people eating cats and dogs in Springfield. There is no evidence of that. There are certainly in a city the size of Springfield, Ohio, Springfield, Ohio, not Springfield, Massachusetts, there are pets that are going to periodically disappear, just as the nature of having pets, you leave the door open and indeed and the pet runs away. But why he was wired with that. It's almost as if the last person that tells him something is what he's going to blurt out. Not a lot of discipline in the Trump campaign. Eric is in Whitman. Eric, you are next to Nicside.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Hi, Dan, How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, trying to figure out this presidential race.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I'm independent, so I haven't totally made up my mind. But he is the thing.
Speaker 3: You will.
Speaker 2: You're one of the few undecided voters that's love to chat with you.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead. What's your what's what's your take?
Speaker 5: The thing is everybody all right? You just mentioned the dog thing, a pet thing, the YouTube videos of it, so he wasn't of the immigrants basically bashing the animal and then taking it to their capode or home or wherever it's thing.
Speaker 2: So Eric, Eric, Eric bashing one animal?
Speaker 5: Huh it was a cat. One saw there was a cat. There was another one that was a dog. Obviously, one or two doesn't make it a pandemic problem. The other thing is haven't we learned?
Speaker 2: So here's here's a dumb just a dumb question. Okay, you saw this on YouTube, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: It was you what, there was somebody that lived in Springfield, Ohio videotaping it happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, Now the question is this, if there was video of this, that is a prime e facia case of animal cruelty?
Speaker 3: Is it not?
Speaker 5: Well you think?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So therefore, why would the person who had videotape that not have gone to the police department and said, look, here's what I just saw down the street. Here's a picture of an individual who.
Speaker 5: Is just he did or not. I don't know that for fact. But you know, towns in cities, no matter where, even here, tend to want to protect their reputation. So no matter what it is, they may look the other way or okay.
Speaker 3: So okay, so let.
Speaker 2: Me let me take the best case scenario. So you're telling me that you saw a videotape of I assume you're pretty convinced it was a Haitian refugee.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'm going by what was said on the video.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, so now we have but that's okay, I'm just trying to break it down for you. So let's assume that that these it wasn't one Haitian was the same person or a different person, if you know.
Speaker 5: The two videos were two different people.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's assume that there were two incidents of this nature. Okay, Let's assume that the videotape was actually true, it wasn't fake news. Let's assume it really was in Springfield, Ohio. Let's assume it was in stage. Let's assume that really happened, but no one brought.
Speaker 5: I get it. You can't trust everything I know exactly.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with you. You're a reasonable guy.
Speaker 2: So now the question is this based upon that evidence, which I think you and I could agree would be flimsy at best. At best, the president takes the former president takes those two incidents which I've never seen. But if you tell me, I believe you're an honest guy. And somehow, in the middle of his debate with Kamala Harris, all the things that he could talk about, that's what he blurts out.
Speaker 5: He tends to want a reaction out of everything he does. See here's the other thing, I mean, asking, do.
Speaker 2: You think that is a smart way to run a campaign.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't, but okay, I'm not.
Speaker 2: You think that will play with the average You say you're undecided? Okay, how do you think that that sort of undisciplined campaign is going to convince other undecided voters to to vote for him?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I only can go with what I see and what I eventually choose. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm I'm just asking you. No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to This isn't a trick question.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to tricker. What I'm trying to say is how does that statement?
Speaker 2: How does that statement convince anyone to wake up the next day and say, you know what? That was a brilliant comeback that that he made when he when he was there with with Joe Biden in June and and President Biden sort of went off and into some sort of non sequatour. Trump looked at him, almost seemed sympathetic and said, I don't know what he just said, and I don't think he does either. That was a brilliant response because they think everybody felt that way.
Speaker 5: All right, see here, all right, he's a hothead and he says things that ain't gonna help them. It's like anybody that's a hot head. They say things and then maybe go, oh, I trun have said that whatever. But here's the thing. In twenty sixteen, the pole said one thing and it went the other way. So I don't trust poles because if we if they pull say more females or all females and males, you're gonna get one outlook in this election or another. My thing is, I look at the president is only one person. What's gonna matter is who he or she puts in with him as a cabinet.
Speaker 3: There's never been a president.
Speaker 2: It's never been a president who had more what cabinet members who decided not to support the president who appointed them to a cabinet for re election?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well because they either way. My problem is Kamalala, on all her interviews, runs around the issue, doesn't say anything. It's a word salad. So I have no idea what she really is about because it's a word salad of. I'm not going to give you specifics, but it's.
Speaker 2: So you told me earlier you're undecided voter. It sounds to me like you've decided no.
Speaker 5: Because I don't I haven't heard much out of him either. But I'm looking at if we if Kamala goes in, she hasn't said what she's going to do, and if it's going to be the same crew behind her that's behind Biden.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got here's the thing. We spent a lot of time here and I'm I'm into my break at forty five, So I got to let you go. Do me a favor. When you finally decide you're going to vote for and I think you're gonna vote for Donald Trump, will you call me back?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll call that. I called a couple of times, but I need to know more about both of them.
Speaker 3: When do you make up your mind?
Speaker 2: I'm just asking you to give me a call back when and if you make up your mind before the election.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fair enough.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, all right, Thanks Eric, appreciate your call. Have a great night. Take a very quick break. I got Matt, I got all of a sudden. Now the lines are going crazy, Matt, Lily, Jeff Ron, and Karen. We'll get everybody in. I'm gonna try back after this.
Speaker 1: Now. Back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, race it to the end of the hour. Lily in the North Shore. Lily, gotta be quick for me. We got full lines. Go ahead, Lily.
Speaker 8: Okay, sir, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: All that.
Speaker 8: I'm going to ask when you hear mister top chewing, I mean, the crowd is in a little bit banana after him. It's not him that follows me. It's the people listen and responding to this. You know, I find it heartbreaking, I have to say when we have our children listening to discovernment talking and those are the one that I worried for those who respond to him. Knowing that and I know you just mentioned to a color. You know, you're saying that that type of language. You're saying that he's lying. He is lying, Sir, He's lying.
Speaker 2: That's what he's doing.
Speaker 8: When those things are checked, he's lying.
Speaker 2: And well, I just think that again, it doesn't help the discourse for people to call other people lies. Take take apart. And again I wish I could spend more time with you and some night if you call earlier, I will, you know, tell us what you know, tell us what was said.
Speaker 3: All that.
Speaker 2: It's just that he does the same thing. He says that guy's derange, this one's stupid. It doesn't help.
Speaker 8: Him on records doing that to people with disability. And now he's going after you know, VP, doing the same thing. And this is who he is, this is how he wre we keep changing him.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, as they say, I don't think we're on the same page here at this point. I'm just trying to find I'm I'm trying to ask the question about why would he go after people personally? That's not gonna help him and I don't think it helps your candidate.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thanks Lily.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your call, well said. Thank you, Matthew and Pembroke.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Matthew, good, good evening, Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Sure, got time on time, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, I'll try to make it quick. I just think everything that comes out of his mouth, I'm a Republican and I just can't vote for him because of lies and the stuff that comes out of his mouth. It's so I mean the real issues.
Speaker 2: To me, there's as a bunch of inane comments. I just think that I played them already once, so I'm not gonna play them again. But no, when when when he wants to say that, you know, Biden's mentally impaired and Kamala was born that way.
Speaker 3: I just don't know who that brings into his camp. That's all.
Speaker 5: It's not going to help on one day.
Speaker 7: What we need. What we need is them to talk about social security.
Speaker 5: What they can do with the boarding.
Speaker 1: You need more judges.
Speaker 5: Everything's backed up.
Speaker 7: The deficit is something I want them to talk about. Social security is.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's it's the federal debt. Make sure that there's a difference. The deficit is what the the money that you're ry, But the federal debt is thirty six trillion dollars. And you sound like a young guy, Matthew, you're gonna you're gonn You're gonna end up on.
Speaker 3: The hook for this.
Speaker 5: Well, my kid is, well, how old are you? I'm fifty two?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well you're still.
Speaker 7: I work for it like a week to make it work.
Speaker 2: What Republican did you like in the primary? You said you're a Republican? Well, who'd you like in the prime?
Speaker 7: I haven't voted the last three last three times because I don't like who's there.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a place there wasn't a single Republican. I'm not talking about the final election. You told you so. You didn't like Nikki Haley, Nope, didn't like Ron Desandis.
Speaker 5: I don't know enough about them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well but I think you got to check them out because if you don't that, you got now who you have in the final election. Matthew got to keep running here. Thanks Man, talking to you later. Let me keep rolling. Gonna go to Jeff and Whitman, Jeff next on nights that go.
Speaker 3: Right ahead, Hey, Dan.
Speaker 9: The biggest I think we have is we have different generations that view reality different the baby boomers, gen xers, which I'm part of, millennial gen z ors. You have one end that's old media. You have the other end that's the TikTok generation, and they react to totally different things. The more sensationalized it is, the better it is. I mean, the Apprentice, that's where the guy came. Well, he was a billionaire before then, but the Apprentice is where his kind of a lot of his crowd comes from.
Speaker 5: Right people that I get.
Speaker 3: That, But he has to weak.
Speaker 2: He's got a base of forty two or forty if he wants to win the election. He's gotta he's gotta get more people, that's all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's gotta get a filter.
Speaker 3: And the big filter.
Speaker 9: But for the people that I say in his lives. Take a look at Kamala. She used to listen to Snoop Dogg in college. She was out of college and professionally working at the time. I mean, let alone other things she said. She's not the borders are so so again.
Speaker 2: If he did that, I think there would be people. You should be a speech writer, thanks, Jeff. Yeah, teculator. Gotta get two in Ron and Brookline, got you and get Karen. Go ahead, wrong, go right ahead.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm eighty two years old, so this might be my last chance of voicing opinion. So let me go number one. Go ahead, number one. Go back to Nixon. He did the same damn thing, and he actually won in California using the same tactics. And look how we ended up. We ended up with him as leaving because he was such a bad president and so dishonest. And I would think people should pay attention to that because this guy, this so called Republican, is running parallel to Nixon.
Speaker 5: And another thing.
Speaker 10: He's the Antichrist. I don't think there's a Christian in the country that should vote for him. He is and he is ready to get rid of gay people. Jesus never said anything bad about gay people and all these people that are different from us. Why should we hurt them? They're not hurting us. In fact, when I was able to have sex and was heterosexual, I was all for gay people. The more gay people, the less competition for me.
Speaker 2: Go right on that point, Ron, I got to get one more in run.
Speaker 3: Thanks Carl Early.
Speaker 2: Give you more time, Karen, I got about thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Way you what can you do with it?
Speaker 11: Okay? I just wanted to say that I've listened to many of the rallies of Donald Trump, but the one thing he's got to do is to stop being so critical of Kamala and point out the good things he did with the economies are just you know, lowering grocery prices, trying to get tased in the world and things like that.
Speaker 2: You have one of the better callers of the night. He should listen to you. Thanks, Karen, appreciate it. We're done for the night, Karen sent me. Thank you very much. Rob Brooks, thank you very much. I will tell you this tomorrow. Night, we will have the vice presidential debate. You live in its entirety. The first hour, Who do you expect?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: How low is the bar set? Or how high is the bar set? That's number one.
Speaker 3: We'll do that.
Speaker 2: We'll listen to debate for an hour and a half ten thirty. At ten thirty we'll open up the phone lines. You can tell me who you think one, who you think lost, and why. I will end it tonight as always, I'll be on Facebook. Just go to WBZ Nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook and I'll say hello to you if you'd like. I'll be there at about twelve oh two. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to Heaven. That's my pal Charlie ray Is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who were passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night on Night's Side. Everyone have a great Tuesday. October is only a couple of minutes away. Fall is here, deal with it. See tomorrow everybody,