Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: If if you've I k r C the talk station.
Speaker 3: I'm a great grandfather.
Speaker 1: Oh great, you can all celebrate Joe Biden's great grandfather. Now he's didn't take any questions with me briefing with Gavin News from the other day about the raging inferno that is the California wildfire is going on right now. It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse by the minute. I'm sure you're right, Joe observes, I think accurately, he probably doesn't even know what's going on. Could he's standing right next to the fire and not really fully appreciate the gravity of the situation. And wow, wow, Well we'll get to that, man. I've got quite a few updates to talk about on that. As always, I love hearing from you, so feel free to direct the nature of the conversation five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phone, always bearing in mind this isn't the Overnight Show, so don't come about sasquatch or I don't know, lizard people. What else should we add to the list Joe stupid theories that is so broad. I think you're gonna have to put a little bit more flesh on the bones of stupid theories that say concept. However, you're welcome to call the Morning Show, and I do appreciate. You're also welcome to stop by fifty five KRCY dot com when you can't listen live, Judge Ennenapaulatony, I say Congressman Thomas Massey explaining why he wasn't in favor of the Speaker, and you know, I understand the difference between Omnibus and reconciliation. He did a great job breaking it all down, but he certainly didn't leave me with any optimism. I did plead with him to out the Republicans. You know, the Democrats are going to try to shove everything they possibly can into the Omnibus. That's what they do in return for some you know, a military industrial complex state Republican demanding that we continue to manufacture stuff we don't need. Why because well, there's jobs in my state that you know, depend upon us continuing to manufacture outdated, unnecessary military hardware. You give the Republican in that state what he or she wants, and then the Democrats get what they want welcome to omnibus what chapter or version five point zero or ten point zero or whatever it is to we talked about the twelve appropriation bills that they're supposed to do. Congress MESSI said, no, it's not a snowball's chance in hell that's going to happen. So I requested, and I was very adamant about this, please name names out. These Republicans come out because this goes on behind the scenes the whole quote unquote sausage making process of legislation, most notably when they're not doing their jobs and breaking it down to the twelve appropriation bills are supposed to do. They get the moon, the stars, and everything else shoved into an omnibus bill in order to get the votes to pass it. Everybody gets a slice of the pie, and that slice of the pie is putting us further and further in existential peril. Got to get a handle on spending. Elon Musk said the other day the doge goal the Department Government of Efficiency that he and vied A Gramaswarmi are in charge of on their own, with no salary, no pay, no formal titles, just doing their jobs. You know, citizens trying to help out. So the goal to cut two trillion in spending. They're going to start there best case scenarios two trillion, And I'm not that optimistic, he said, Well, you know, I mean, I'm summarizing or sort of interpreting what he was suggesting. We're gonna try to shoot to cut two trillion. We may get one trillion. Now I'll take five hundred billion. But if you can get a trillion cut out of the federal government, that at least cuts in half the overspending that our government engages in, at least in terms of the Congressional Budget Office figures, which said we're going to continue on a spending path of two point one trillion dollars extra be debt, upon which we have to pay debt service every blanket year from now until the next decade, and of course beyond. As I've been pointing out, the CBO only calculates out ten years for reasons unknown to me. That is a endless cycle of sinking us further and further and further in debt. And I know I've been on this since I've been on the Morning show. It is my nineteenth year in radio. It's only gotten worse every year. Thank you to our Republican and Democrat elected officials. I'm praying to God we have some hope here in terms of this next administration and Musk and Ramas swimming, whoever else wants to join in the fight to cut back the ridiculous spending that's going on in Washington, DC. All right, got that out of my system. Thank you. Everybody should have listened to lunch yesterday. Had a real nice time. Redwood Brewer is really happy that we showed up. And the guy's a manager there. He came over afterwards he goes, Oh, you guys are great, nicest group of people. He said, if you ever ever ever want to come back, if you have a cancelation, like some restaurant that you're supposed to go to, camp manage it or whatever, you are welcome here at the Brentwood brew Hub. So I had a couple of nice choice bears, had a great time, got to meet some wonderful people, and my son Jerry came along with me. And I just have to this out to put it up my Facebook post. I've been I always play a game of cribbage with cribbage Mike my submarine or friend and normally I lose. I've been acknowledging that. So we played three man cribbage. I had never played cribbage three people before, so it was my first experience with that. And my son Jerry, who I taught how to play cribbage, played along. And at the outset of the game, I looked at Mike I said, you know, Jerry's probably gonna win. Guess what. Jerry won. But I came in second, So Mike, sorry, he came in third. Sucks to the YOUU. But I was proud of my son. He did win. And if you're friends with me on Facebook, you can see the picture of the group Mike, his beautiful wife Cindy, and my son and me, plus Mike had his cribbage Mike's sweatshirt on his wife had made for him for his birth there for Christmas last year. Anyway, onto the chaotic realities of what's going on in California. And there's a million places you could go on this, but let's start with the water system. They don't have any water. Santa Ana. Winds are blowing seventy to one hundred miles an hour, which prevents the aircraft from flying successfully. All the time. Now, they did have a bunch of helicopters that drop water that they have some airplanes that drop water, not enough to keep up with it, and those aircraft struggle to fly when the gusts win are going up to one hundred miles an hour. So what do you do? You use the fire hydrants?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, not really, not really, because they pretty much ran out of pressure. Turning to Gavin Newsom, the governor of the state, someone who should be in a position to know what the hell's going on, at least fake it, not so much. He was on CNN's act AC three sixty with Anderson Cooper. A quote, Cooper says, what is the situation with the water? Obviously in the Palisades, that'd be the Palisades fire that's raging out of control, zero percent contained. I think it still this morning. There's only one of the fires that has any containment at all, and it's only ten percent. Obviously it's in the Palisades. It ran out last night. The water Anderson Cooper's referring to, I was talking to the firefighter on this block. They left. They left because there was no water in the hydrant here. Now, paint themental picture of that. Your house is on fire, there's a hydrant right there, there's a fire truck right there, there are firefighters right there. They get in their truck and they drive away because there's no water. Newsom's response ready. The local folks are trying to figure that out. When you have a system that is not dissimilar to what we've seen in other extraordinarily large scale fires, whether it be pipe electricity or whether it just be the complete overwhelm of the system. Those hydrants are typical for two or three fires, maybe one fire. You have something at this scale, but again that's going to be determined by the local authorities. Close quote. Can you make any sense out of that? I mean to a certain extent, I mean I get some measure of the point. You know, the hydrant is designed to help put out fires in like a neighborhood fire, a house or two. I don't get where he was going with the rest of the psychobabble that was coming out of his mouth. He also pointed out the waters being brought in from other areas that are and there are aerial assets up, but as I just pointed out, they're not up all the time because the winds are so strong you can't fly the aircraft there. Maybe I hurt. Media aviation expert Jay Ratliff can address that situation. He'll be on at eight thirty today, looking forward to another great conversation with Dre at eight thirty, got of the guest lined up Toi'll give you the rundown momentarily so and so far. Further comments about the water system, LA Department of Water Power, Water and Power CEO and Chief Entered Engineer at Jennie Kenyonis said teams have struggled to maintain water pressure on the system. She noted that in Palisades again, that's what Anderson Cooper was asking the governor about, where water pressure for fire hydrants is fed by three water tanks, each containing one million gallons. Those tanks ran out of water three o'clock yesterday morning, ran out. Los Angeles Caddy Fire Department Captain Sheila Keeler bearco it's an interesting all these fire departments are run by female chiefs, and not that I don't think they're capable. It's just a rather interesting phenomenon that's unfolding here. Anyway, the strain that the fire has put on the water system in the hydrants. They're just not designed for that type of usage all at once for fifteen hours straight. La City Fire Chief Kristen Crowley HMM noted that the firefighters do have the ability to draw from other water sources beyond the hydrants. Our apparatus does have the ability to water draw water if we need to water pools, ponds, and any type of water resource. So I guess the truck pulls up, sucks the water out of a local swimming pool, and then dumps it onto a fire. Not exactly the most efficient mechanism of getting water to a fire, I will point out, at least that seems that way for me. But if that's all you got, that's what you gotta go with. But the problem here is an obvious one. With the winds blowing as intensely as they are and as large as these fires are, you get have all the fire trucks in the world down there, but if they don't have a sufficient water supply, you just stand around and watch the place burn to the ground, don't you. Chief canyonis dressed the need for California residents to pull together. Quote. If there's a message you take away from me today is I need our customers to really conserve water, not just in the Palisades area, but the whole system, because the fire department needs the water to fight the fires. True. And then add on top of that, the officials were warning resonance of one danger that may come because of this low water pressure in the system. You know, we all need water to live, thrive, and survive. It's the most important thing to live. You can only go a few days without pottable water and after that, you know, I mean, you can go a long time without food, but you need water. Well. Now, they're concerned because of the low water pressure bacterial growth, so they have issued a boil water notice for the Pacific Palaces in nearby communities. I don't mean I'm sorry. I chuckle when I read that they're in the middle of an inferno. Boil your water. Well, at least it makes it easy to get the water boiled. Just guess, take it out in your backyard. Unbelievable situation. Oh and we'll get back. And by the way, there's also no electricity. Five eighteen fifty five krc DE talk station be right back the obligatory California wildfire bumper music.
Speaker 5: I love this song by the way, Chuck down.
Speaker 3: Dream and.
Speaker 1: Craig Line, even the stars are ilities and seeing all these reports about movie stars houses burning down and interviews with them, and you know, Joe, that's the direction I was going. And I don't I don't wish anyone ill will, but something tells me they probably were able to afford insurance to the extent and is available out there anyhow, well, or move to another home they probably own elsewhere. Joe said, well, they could build another residence, but I imagine they also have, you know, summer homes and winter homes and all those other things that the vast majority of America sort of just dreams about. Five and two three Talk Found five fifty on AT and T phone Live from New Hampshire, New Hampshire, Gary, Welcome back to the Morning show.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm going to have fun with this one either my mind racing. It's just it's such a juicy target.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, let him go to Gary, just let him go.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go. First of all, they cut twenty one million dollars out of.
Speaker 1: The budget, the fire department budget. Yeah, I've got those stats. I was going to get to those, but you're right. Yeah, they cut a sizeable chunk out of the out of the out of the firefighting budget. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Second of all, they diverted that twenty three million dollars to twenty one million dollars to the immigrants, illegal immigrants or the Assai LEAs as they like to them. So there goes their money there. Second of all, they also supported Ukraine fire departments, So while they were cutting their fire department, they were supporting fire departments in Ukraine with all their federal funding.
Speaker 4: That's great. And then third of all, they were.
Speaker 6: Cutting their water and diverting it for the smelt fish so that they couldn't keep their reservoirs filled. Now, let me get this, and they refuse to collect the dead wood for decades right now, it's going on decades now now that it's all burned, and I'm going to take a guess, in about another three months, it's going to be spring, and everybody's going to be complaining about the landslides because all the vegetation has been burned off. Nothing's going to support those hills and they're going to become sliding down on all these houses. All this is predictable. Happens there year or it happens every ten years or whatever, and this is all predictable, and yet nobody does anything. And yet they're going to ask the people of New Hampshire and Ohio and Kentucky to chip in with federal FEMA money. Meanwhile, everybody in North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee that suffered that earthquake are living in tents. And I bet that they don't get taken care of half as much as they do the millionaires and billionaires. Okay, I'm going to sound like a Democrat on that one, but you know that they're going to take care of their people, you know. And this is just part of the wrongness of equity. This is not equality, and it's just disgusting, it really is. And if I remember, right, just a couple of years, we can argue with that. Just a couple of years ago, were they not saying California was a democratic model that they wanted to the rest of the country go in, if you remember, they were absolutely squawking that, of course, so and again everybody can see it. It's right there out in the open, absolute total chaos.
Speaker 1: Well, I will agree with the yeah. I mean, now, who could argue with that? Joe played the sound by I don't need to repeat it, but it just did. Anyway, appreciate the observations, Gary, I think you are well dead on take care of yourself, Democrats, take carry yourself, my friend. Oh there's Tom, I miss Tom five twenty six. If five carre see de dog station, feel free to offer your observation thoughts by giving me a call first. So a call you definitely need to make lower your monthly payment for medical insurance and get better medical coverage with cover. Since he John Rowman and the team and you know, tune into the program on Sunday. John and I do a segment on Sundays and we talk about this in depth. And he's actually had some, you know, wonderful success stories on It's been small businesses and others that he's gotten medical insurance coverage. They've improved the business's bottom line by tens of thousands of dollars while the employees are paying less for their own medical coverage. And everybody's got to pay a slice of the pie, and businesses quite often will cover a part of the benefit. So you're saving the business money, you're saving the employees' money, but you're also getting better medical coverage. And I know that sounds counterintuitive and like, no, that's not there's no way that could possibly be, but it is. And it's a free phone call. It's just there's no obligation for you to find out if the team that covers since he can maybe save you forty to sixty percent on your medical insurance coverage while bringing to you better coverage in the form of dollar one coverage, like no out of pocket responsibility for a whole lot of services, which I know sounds like a myth. It's like a unicorn. This can't be real, but it is. John and the team will be working for you like your financial planner works for you if you or have the appropriate financial planner anyway, access to a couple of one hundred, multiple hundreds of medical insurance companies with thousands of policies that allows them to tailor a very specific package of insurance coverage depending upon your individual situation. You got a family of four, you got a couple of young kids. He can handle that. You're you know, getting nipping closer to retirement age, no problem. Everybody's different and there is a different way to get insured through cover. Since he and they know all those ways, so save a lot of money get better medical insurance coverage with a simple phone call five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five Again no out of pocket responsibil to you to talk to these guys or the team rather and let them find out if there's a better way. Coversincei dot com is the other way to do that. Initiate the conversation with cover sinsi dot com as a form online you can fill out and start the process coversincy dot com for.
Speaker 7: The term beginning on the twentieth day of January.
Speaker 8: And gentlemen, the President Hi, Donald John Trump.
Speaker 9: Inauguration day, the first one hundred day of a sweet big action and beyond in history of fifty five cares the talk station, it's the marketers.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, and so far as weather is concerned, winterstorm watching effect from Tomorrow morning through Saturday morning. According to the follow up weather message I got here, hand delivered heavy snow possible total snow accumulation between three and five inches possible. I love that word. Maybe maybe not that The coverage is for southeast Indiana, northern Kentucky, southwest Ohio, and Friday morning through Saturday morning, plan on slippery road conditions. So doubling down on that warning, let's go to the phone. See what cribbage mike'scott cribbage? Mike, great seeing you and your beautiful wife yesterday. Sorry you came in third, but that was the first time I ever played three man cribbage, and I was really I said, my son would probably win, and lo and behold he did.
Speaker 10: No stredam as you are.
Speaker 1: It's just a lucky kid. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 10: Well, I know you and your wife must be very proud because Jerry is such a fine, fine young man, and.
Speaker 1: Kind of you to say good, well done, sir, thank you for your daughter is as well. Oh, my daughter's just a just a wonderful, wonderful girl. So that's that's great.
Speaker 10: And I surely hope we can keep that location in the rotation because the food selection and just the amount of space in that And then but for all the plates they had to bring out. Honestly, God, when my wife and I ordered, we had our food in less.
Speaker 1: Than five minutes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I couldn't believe he was bringing it dust.
Speaker 1: I could not either, And they easily manage the crowd. And again, as I mentioned when I opened the morning show, the manager, I guess is a guy that came over and he was so pleased we came. He talked about how wonderful all the listeners were and he's welcoming us anytime we want. He goes, this was such such a great thing to have, you know, the group show up on a Wednesday, and a normal Wednesday at that place probably wouldn't have had that many people in it because it's you know, brew pub, who's sitting around drinking beer at noon on a Wednesday. So but big thumbs up across the board. The menu wasn't as expansive as I was led to believe by the website, but that didn't bother me. And if you go to brew pub, folks, you go to the Brentwood brew Pub, get the spicy vegetables. That stuff was amazing. Was kind of like an Asian vinigarette with hallapenians and carrots and onions and peppers and oh my god, it tasted so good.
Speaker 10: Anyway, well, I know that's the charter that you have for listener lunch, because clearly when he did come over, you could tell that was honest appreciation for what you did to get those people out there, and the other tenant of listener at lunch, which I like, I would have never probably gone over there to that side of town and to eat at that location. And we've been the four or five you know, through listener lunch that able to sample you know what greater Cincinnati has.
Speaker 1: To offer, and you know what, I'm exact, I feel exactly the same way as you. That's why I always kind of the emphasis on local joint. It's local, local, no chains. I mean, we rarely have ever gone to a chain. I know there's been exceptions to that, but I like I feel the same way because I don't know that I ever would have ended up at the Brentwood brewphub by way of just random like, hey, where do you want to go to dinner tonight? So it gives me the opportunity sample places all over town as well. We're going to be at Miami Brewery the next one. That's the one in Milford right there at Route fifty and twenty eight, So plan on putting that down in your list. That's a great spot too. They've treated as well over the few times we've been there.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, and would today being the state funeral for our thirty ninth president, I like to give tribute to President Jimmy Carter. He was actually the first presidential election I was able to vote for. I did vote for Jerry Ford, but coming off a watergate, I was not surprised, you know, anybody with a D next to her name, especially being an outsider. Yeah, no, but I just happened to google it while I wasn't waiting, and I didn't realize it was even that close. It was two ninety seven to two forty in electoral cow So. But a little known but true fact that some of them, I think a lot of people know. He served in the Navy. He is the first president to actually graduate from the Naval Academy with distinction less and after two years he saw the air of his ways and he shifted to the submarine force, and he actually served the board a diesel submarine. But obviously an incredible intellect, because if anybody knows anything about nuclear submarines, Admiral Hyman Rickover is the godfather of the nuclear submarine age, and back in the early fifties when he was trying to convince admirals and senators to go down this road. It took somebody like Admiral Rickover to do it. Jimmy Carter was hand picked. He was going to be the engineering the chief engineer aboard the second nuclear submarine when Jimmy Carter's father passed away. So that's why he resigned his commission and went back to Plains, Georgia and the rest is history. But the Navy thankful of his service. One of the highest funders you can get, obviously, is to get a ship named after him, and the Navy named the Fast Attack Submarine USS Jimmy Carter back in two thousand and five. And what's unique about the Carter. The Navy has always had submarines and I'm using air quotes that do special missions. Jimmy Carter was the first one built from the keel up. And to use your quote you talk about bad assery, that is the USS Jimmy Carter. So Jimmy Carter's name will be going on probably for another twenty thirty years, doing tremendous work for this country in our defense.
Speaker 1: Powered by a nuclear nuclear power, which you know.
Speaker 10: And again, so that was nineteen fifty three. So once again, and I like bringing this up when you talk about the Green New Deal and stuff and why don't we use nuclear power? So now that is seventy two years of eighteen to twenty five year olds operating nuclear reactors with not one incident.
Speaker 1: I love the exclamation point we can put on that statement, Mike, that is awesome. And you know what, props to Jimmy Carter. I had you know, these are facts that I had known idea about. So I'm usually a person who will not speak positively about Jimmy Carter, having recalled the stagflation years of the Carter administration and he was seemingly ineffective nature of his presidency. I will give him props for everything you just pointed out. And I'm glad you pointed him out. So he's moved up a notch in my book thanks to your comments today, Mike. Great seeing yesterday. I really enjoyed our conversation as always, and we'll do it again next month. Take care of my friend already on the calendar. You stay well Man five point thirty seven fifty five krc DE Talk station. Get in touch with Jimmy Care Fireplaces though like to use Timmy Care Fireplace and stow spots as an opportunity to remind you you know what's coming. Get a carbon monoxide detector, a true life saver, the best twenty I guess twenty bucks or whatever they cost that you can spend. Carbon monoxide is the silent scentseless, deadly killer, and it's one of the reasons you need your fireplace, your free standing stove inspected by the chimney, Cara fireplace and stove you get have a carbon monoxide problem, that chimney gets backed up. Maybe a squirrel built a nest up there. You got some problem. This is what they're all about. Servicing, maintaining, literally doing everything related to stoves, fireplaces, self eating, wood waste, pellet stoves. The chimney itself inspection starts with a video camera inspection. If it needs to be swept, they have certified chimney sweeps to do it. You may have water damage, you may have something going on in there you don't even know about. That's why it's important to have it inspected annually. I believe the National Fire Protection Association or whatever organization's responsible for that recommends an annual inspection, So get in touch with them. It'll give you peace of mind. And if you want to swap out what you got. You want to get a fireplace insert because you don't have one. The showroom four to thirteen Wards Corner Road a Wards Corner Road, chock full of all kinds of free standing stoves and inserts and the like. That's where I got my insert when I found out because of an inspection that my old insert was dangerous. And thank God for Jeff Keefer and the good people at Chimneycare Fireplace and Stuff. Love what they installed at my own. So go to Chimneycare Co dot com Chimneycareco dot com. They have an A plus and the better business Peer have been locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Here's the number for the appointment five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The new year means new five forty three fifty five KRCD talk station got time for at least one stack of stupid article here and a barn Joe ahead of time to get the bubbling bong of stupidity the out stee If you can make any sense at all out of the inanes insane ramblings from the folks from Code Pink. Remember Code Pink, those leftists. Code Pink organizer Olivia Denucci let a protest outside Senator Alex Padilla's California office yesterday, using these states raging wildfire as a mechanism to promote the group, promote the group's radical agenda, slamming Congress's support for Israel. How do you connect those two you don't quote? To continue to bomb and obliterate the people in Gaza. She alleged that California's fire crisis is part of a global pattern of destruction, tying the environmental devastation to the conflict in Gaza. See I even wrote what drugs is she on?
Speaker 12: Quote?
Speaker 1: We are drunk. We are drawing the parallels where people in communities in California are being evacuated from their homes and people in Gaza have been evacuated from their homes for the past fifteen months. Every bomb that goes off is being tested and built on sacrifice zones in this country, on indigenous lands. We need that, we need that money for climate reparations, for healthcare, for housing, instead of going to further climate collapse and further the devastation and genocide other people of Gaza. We are here today making the connection between the climate crisis between endless militarism, that genocide is ecoside, and that we need to put that money into constituents and communities here at home.
Speaker 3: That's ignorant.
Speaker 1: Wow. Not that the group has ever had any credibility. I might point out that's the leader of the group, that's the most competent, capable spokesperson for whatever message that group is trying to get out. She go ahead, does not make it. Thank you, je just appreciate that five four five fifty five cares any tugsation. Emory Federal Credit Union. I love banking with Emory. I keep talking about that all the time because I like banking with Emory, and I'm encouraging you to consider banking with Emory. It's a better way to bank. Learn more about it at EMORYFCU dot org, where you can also get the details on a little special dangling carrot. They have of incentive for you to spread the word to your friends and family about the rewards of banking with Emory twenty five dollars. You're a member at Emory, you refer someone you're gonna get twenty five bucks, and so were they twenty five dollars just to experience of benefits of banking with Emory. So get a little extra cash and you'll be helping out those who decide to make the choice to become a member at Emory Federal Credit and enjoy the ongoing benefits of doing so. Emory FCU dot org for all the details and the restrictions. Animalist number four zero one zero eight seven federally ensured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC run a business and cold outside.
Speaker 1: Cold Weather Advisors ends at nine am. It's gonna be a high at twenty three today with sunny skies. Overnight clouds return and dropping to nine degrees. It's no likely tomorrow, especially after ten am. Two to four inches accumulation maybe a little bit more. High of twenty eight overnight little of twenty Slick roads. Be careful Saturday, it'll be a partly cloud Anahei have thirty. It's nine degrees right now. It's time for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCAL Traffic Center.
Speaker 13: You see help weight Ball center offers comprehensive of BCDCRE and advanced search and co expertise called five one three, nine three, nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three highway traffic. That's not too terribly banned for your thurs Stay morning commute. I've not seen any accidents or major time domakes to deal with as of yet. To start to get into some of the residential streets. That's where some are still having problems. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCNE the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty to fifty five KRCD talk station. As always, you feel free to call if youe care five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk on forgive fifty five krc dot com for the podcast. And you can't listen to the Big Picture with Jack Addon or Congressman Massi or Judge Nittapolitano. And uh, it really really really does help the morning show when you stream the audio. I can't emphasize that much enough. And share the little clips. I mean, if you hear something you really enjoy and you want somebody else to hear, what perhaps what Congress from Massey had to say about reconciliation and omnibus. It's important information. He had a good job explaining the difference between the two and the reality of what goes on in government. The sausage making, It's just was gut wretching when you hear about it passes along the front, so you can enlighten them as well. Let's see here but up, up, bump, back to stack and stupid. US Capitol Police said the arrest of a person attempting to set his car on fire that's happened in the US Capitol Building during President elect Trump's visit late yesterday. According to the US Capitol Police Chief Thomas Manger, twice today our officer stopped a man who could have been a danger to the Capitol Hill community. The vigilance is critical during this time of heightened security. Is said that during Trump's visit with Republican senators and paying respect to President Carter the late a thirty five year old man for Virginia attempted set his car on fire. Police said it was just before five point thirty pm. The Capitol Police officers were alerted to a man who had parked on First Street let a bag on fire on top of his vehicle. Officers ran over the man. The bag actually extinguished on its own, they said, out an abundance of caution. The Capitol Police of the vehicle was declared suspicious and the hazmat unit showed up and cleared the vehicle. The officials determined that the car was not a danger about seven pm. Oddly enough, the car had been spray painted. No description of the spray paint that he said. Investigators determined that accelerants were in the bag, which again self extinguished, why are you doing that? No idea A driver or less. Arrested, of course for unlawful activities, but hours prior to that. Here's another one. The Capitol Police detained a man who attempted to carry a machete into the Capital Visitor Center. Capitol Police said in a social media plus the something happened about two pm. Officers working security screening at the north doors spotted the machete in the man's bag. X ray machine X ray machine stop as the bag went through. Police arrested forty four year old mel Horne, a Washington, DC before they secured the machete. They also said he was arrested for multiple counts of carrying a dangerous weapon and will be interviewed by investigators determined his motive, so in addition to the machete, he apparently had three pocket knives in his on his person or in his bag as well.
Speaker 11: The Ariocratic.
Speaker 1: Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles issued a correction to a transgender TikToker after the transgender TikToker tried to change genders on a driver's license. All I can do is read transactor James Rose Nuns as Jamie's smiling on on TikTok posted a video which is now unavailable, claiming there's a loophole in Florida's law that allows citizens to change their gender identities on IDs. Quote I just got my gender changed on my driver's license in the free f warding state of Florida. My god, Ron de Santus would be screaming right now if you knew about this. This little license now says female on it. This is not easy. You're not even supposed to be able to do this in the state. Here's the loophole. Here's the loophole, repeated. Listen up. If you're replacing your driver's license, not renewing it, but replacing it because you quote lost it close quote, they have to take all of your information from what they consider a primary document. A passport is considered a primary document if you can self identify on your passport, which means loophole, you can self identify on your Florida f warding driver's license. Might I just observe the lack of need for dropping the F bomb in there? I mean, I could be spicy with my language when I'm off air, but you know, there's a time and a place for everything, and this was just totally stupid of her anyway, Just my little observation there. But on Tuesday, the libs of TikTok x account flagged the news that the Department of Motor Vehicles and was made they made them aware and canceled her his whatever new license.
Speaker 14: Idiots doing idiot things because they're.
Speaker 1: Idiots and response to the letter obtained by Fox News Digital, WT executive director Robert Kenyak confirmed that Rose's license was canceled after appeared to violate the state's Department of Motor Vehicle policy. Well, it please be advised that the sex identifier on the replacement Florida driver's license issued you on December twenty at twenty four was improperly changed for male to female. Accordingly that license is invalid and has been canceled. Yes, sometimes it's just better to keep things to yourself, you know what I mean, coming to the fuck you got? That's just social media is so stupid to me. I mean, people do want to go on and talk about violating the law and broadcast it to the world. They take video of their criminal activities and show the world. You know, thanks for helping the police out. You know, you've you've made solving crimes that much easier. Five fifty six fifty five krs of de Talk Station, Bobby and Jeff. I'll be happy to take your calls, but I gotta take a break here. We'll get to you after the top of the air news if you don't mind holding them, be right.
Speaker 9: Back, counting down, let go as we welcome back President Trump.
Speaker 6: The next four years are just gonna be incredible.
Speaker 9: Fifty five kr the talk station and this week's.
Speaker 4: Marketers so so.
Speaker 1: Five fifty five karose Detalk Station, Happy Friday Eve coming up in a one hour Dave Williams Taxpayer text lines Day. Williams putting a lane in lamee Duck Congress commitment or comments. It's on the Festivus Report. Senator Ran Paul's Festus Report. We were having a go at that the other day, the unbelievable, foolish waste of the American taxpayer dollars outlined in glorious, glorious detail. And we all know how much he loves to talk about taxpayer funded arenas, so we're gonna be talking about that as well. Donovan and Neil Americans for Prosperity join us at seven thirty Ohio's twenty twenty five policy Agenda. I see that doctor Amy Acton has now declared she is running for governor of the state of Ohio as a Democrat. You may recalled doctor Amy Acton largely responsible for the insane antics and edicts during COVID nineteen. She halted the presidential primary, closed gym's fitness centers around the state, and post stay at home orders, and I suppose to some degree she was largely responsible for Mike Dewines to Governor DeWine's decision to tell you that it's okay to hang out at a bar, but that you just can't drink after ten o'clock. Regular listeners know that that's my favorite pet peeve illustrating the absolute epic stupidity of these lockdown orders. Not as bad as the ones from Michigan and other ways. But come on anyhow, let's go to the phones. I promised Bobby and Jeff. I got cgen line as well. Five one, three, seven, four fifty five hundred. Begin with Jeff, Jeff, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday, Eve.
Speaker 12: Hey have you Friday? Do you too?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 12: Listen with the snow coming in. There's something that I have always done when I'm driving. It just works for me. I drive down and neither low two or low one. No people know it, but once you let off that gas, you got some engine breaking going on. Yeah, and you don't have to step on your break as hard. I just I have never heard anybody talk about it before. I tell a lot of people. I don't know if they do it, but it's just it's just something really works for me, especially in the weather we've got coming in Friday.
Speaker 1: Fair enough and sound advice, and you know there are folks out there that still know how to run or work a manual transmission as well. You can downshift and rev match as you downshift, which helps with the engine break as well. I missed my manual shift car. Appreciate the advice, Jeff, and it will be slipper tonight. They keep all the warnings are out there, and we have this follow up warning that I got after the news or the weather was delivered, talking about a winter storm watch in effect from tomorrow morning through Saturday morning. So they're talking about overnight temperatures dropping along with the additional snow three to five inches possible. So either don't drive around or maybe take his advice. Just don't lock the brakes up. You will slide, Bobby. Welcome to the program. Happy Friday Eve to you, sir, Good.
Speaker 15: Morning, my brother. I got two quick points here and I'll get right out of your way. One of them has to do with California. Everybody saved just one bottle of water because that karmap is hard to swallow.
Speaker 1: You think you think this is like sort of divine justice Allah, Sodom and Gomora going on out there.
Speaker 15: Well, I don't know if it's divine intervention or not, but you know, hey, Carla, pill is hard to swallow, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know if this was in biblical times, you know, before modern science, and you know, explanations for the causes of wildfires, et cetera. Some might say this is, you know, a biblical prophecy coming fulfilled. I don't know. That's not me. I'm just saying.
Speaker 15: And the next thing I have has to do at the convention center. Get it out of Cincinnati. Well, I'm talking about the Corporation Women of Cincinnati. You've got all kinds of other places that'd be wonderful to have a Hamilton County Convention Center. Put a name on it, just like they did pay Course Stadium. Put it right there in Sharonville. You got that mall they're going to be tearing down. You got the big mall there in Springdale. You got all the parking in the world within walking distans something from two seventy five. Why does anybody want to go down to Cincinnati and fight that thing? They can't even thunder pension fund. They won't do anything else.
Speaker 1: Or plow the streets. Makes it a little difficult on the streets. Put it in Anderson Apparently they did a pretty good job of cleaning up the roads and Andersonship.
Speaker 15: And it falls down on one thing. Tell me one thing Cincinnati's done properly, just one. I'm struggling on that Thank you, my brother. Appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: You're challenging me this morning, Bobby, you really are. And Bobby's comment spring from this is an article I saw this morning WCPO Mallushram reporting but business owners down at the banks are asking city officials to put a new arena right there where the Heritage Bank Center is and rather than relocate it, say, there's a feasibility study that was done in November can acted by the City of Cincinnati along with Hamilton County, the Port and Cincinnati US Regional Chamber determined that since they should build a new arena in one of two locations, either south of the TQL Stadium on the West End or near the Duke Energy Convention Center on land that'll be freed up by the Brents Benz Road reconstruction, or if you take Bobby's advice, somewhere outside of the city limits. CJ, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the fifty five Krsey Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Good morning to you.
Speaker 16: I was calling about California and there's a couple of things I wanted to point out. One is California specific, but you see the difference of red counties and blue counties out there because Orange County and Ventura County has had a lot of spark ups that they have put down quickly. You could see the lack of management and the inability to spend money properly and wisely instead of pet projects has a devastating consequence and that should be a lesson as you were just talking about to the city of Cincinnati. Number two, this is going to affect everybody in the country because the price to build a house is going to go through the roof because not only do you now have California, you've got North Carolina and South Carolina that need to rebuild. Florida still has some rebuilding going on. Oh yeah, and you've got another major issue that could happen. It's not just the insurance companies that are going to have a problem. In fact, they're not because they've canceled all these policies. It is going to be the banking system because people are going to look at these mortgages and their house that it's completely gone, that they cannot rebuild, and they're going to stop paying on those mortgages, and that could cause a serious banking crisis that I hope to Biden and Trump teams right now are already talking about how to how to get this under containment because those are not cheap houses out there. Yeah, it could that you're looking at having to rebuild and potentially go into foreclosure. This could have serious macro economic consequences.
Speaker 1: Astute observation, CJ. I can't argue with anything you said. You know, and the land in and of itself is extremely valuable. I mean, you know what the average price of a house out in some of these areas, specific Palisades Malibu. I mean you can't touch even that's the most modest home for less than a million plus dollars. That's just because of the location. So I agree with you. Building supplies are going to be a problem. They're going to go They're going to become more expensive. And you know, and I'm waiting out I hear I am saying it out loud. I'm introducing the conspiracy theory actually pattern observer, since I had the author of that Thanks for the call, CJ. By the way, I had the author of that book on Lahina and the fire out in Hawaii and the refusal of authorities to allow the property owners to go in there. This whole idea about it was burned to the ground. They're going to rebuild it along these green environmental lines or not rebuild it at all. I don't know. But if you look at the value of that real estate simply because of the views and the desire of people to live in that particular area, the real estate itself is still going to be very expensive. Does anybody anticipate that there are going to be new building restrictions? Are they going to allow these chuckleheads who build twenty five thousand square foot homes for god knows what reason to rebuild something that large. Do those people who built like twenty five thousand square foot houses a have insurance that hasn't been canceled. Will their insurance company pony up the money to rebuild it? Will they consider maybe doing building restriction sizes? Will some of the new building restrictions that have been put in place since those monstrosities have been built now prevent them from rebuilding something that large? I don't know. And listen, now, I'm a free market guy. If you want to be stupid enough to go ahead and build a twenty five thousand square foot home whatever for you in your partner to live in and probably never see each other, or to sit in one of four rooms that you use largely to the exclusion of the rest of the house. How many bedrooms do we have here? I don't know. I haven't been around the whole house. I mean, I just don't get that stuff, Honestly, I really don't, you know. I make a joke about, you know, the size of one's genitalia as sort of a you know, like making up for sparse resources in other areas, because a lot of times it just seems to me that that's all that is. Six fifteen fifty five KR City talk station. Here I go on a ramble. We mentioned Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. Wonderful folks three generations. Zimmer's been helping out folks stay comfort doble regardless how cold outside it is right now, Zimra help you out stay comfortable. Maybe your a your heating unit went out. How about time for an upgrade, to get a carrier carrier system. They make great heating and air conditioning systems, and Zimber of course authorized to install those. And so you're in great hands with the folks at Zimbra. They've been around and again seventy five years. Chris Zimmer will help you out and since those units usually go out at the worst possible time, you can count on Zimmer HVAC for twenty four hour days, seven day week emergency service. So turn to the experts at Zimmer and get a warm carrier cash rebate. You can talk to Chris about those details when you call for your appointment, get on a service plan. You can learn all about what they can do for you and your home by just checking out the website. It's easy to schedule appointment there as well. Go Zimmer dot com. That's an easy one to remember, Go Zimmer dot com. But when you call Chris, if you want to do it that way, schedule appointment five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi, five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: It's just like my car radio or my.
Speaker 1: I mislaid my weather.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Could from the UCLP Traffic Center.
Speaker 13: You see health Weight Will Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced sorts of co expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two to sixty three crews continue to work.
Speaker 1: With the wreck.
Speaker 8: Northbound seventy five in the cup.
Speaker 13: Left lane's blocked off before the bridge, and that's backing traffic cup to Kyle's lane.
Speaker 8: Then north seventy five's ramped from.
Speaker 13: Sharing his block, so is the right lane due to a jack knife tractor trailer chucking Ramon fifty five kr.
Speaker 1: CEV talk station, apologies. You can see my surroundings here. You can sort of get maybe get a better handle of how I could mis place my single sheet weather report. I got like fifty articles surrounding me and accidentally it got buried in the local stories. Anyway, we're gonna have high twenty three today with sunny skies down to nine over night. There'll be a snow likely tomorrow, especially after ten am. Two to five five inches between here and there. Twenty eight for the high and then overnight low of twenty and there's talking about slick roads. Be very very careful. Dry on Saturday, partly clouding and high thirty there got it in five two three, dog found five fifty on eight and t funds. Let's jump over to the phone before I move on here. Steve's on the line. Steve you. Happy Friday Eve, welcome to the program.
Speaker 17: Happy Friday Eve to you, even though I'm at work five thirty Saturday morning. That'll be a fun one.
Speaker 1: So well, there's always.
Speaker 17: It'll work out. I'll just I go downhill the whole way, so I'll just gun the engine to sell. Is that the advice we got step on the gas or Laura, well, something like whatever.
Speaker 1: I'll get there, throw throw caution to the wind.
Speaker 17: I'll put my sunglasses on and roll down the windows and uh, we'll see.
Speaker 9: But okay.
Speaker 17: Two comments on on local leadership in southern California and national leadership in the United States of America. You know, you really hate when you're really wealthy but you take a vacation to the continent of Africa and based on city business. When you're like maybe the mayor of Los Angeles, Karen, and you do it on the taxpayer dime. There would be nothing wrong with her being on vacation over there, but she's sucking money out of the taxpayers to take vacations as Kamala Harris is doing right now. She's touring the world right now. Got gotta get a few more trips in there. I think she's going to hit Singapore in a few days. But she she is whatever boxes haven't been checked yet, they want to check them. But now Karen Bass Los Angeles, she's a black female and she has a d buy her name. So everything's okay. But it's it's great having non leaders in leadership positions.
Speaker 12: Isn't it it is?
Speaker 17: And I called yesterday and I want to expand on something with you were Actually you were talking a lot about why with the Biden I guess a couple of days ago, why would the Biden administration take like six hundred and fifty million acres of offshore land and say you can't drill there? Da da da da da when the incoming administration is going to change that. It helps to have maybe not much going on in your life, so you have a good memory of stuff that's not really that important. But I remember the last day of the Bill Clinton administration, and he was in office for eight years, and they reduced the arsenic levels that were permitted in drinking water by half, So it was like, you know, one billionth of whatever whatever however they they judge it, or whatever the parameter.
Speaker 12: Or however, yet they reduced it.
Speaker 17: Now it's such a trivial amount, it doesn't matter, but they cut it in half, and it was so important to them that they did it on their last day at all. Well, when George W. Bush came in, first day, they brought the arsenic levels that were permitted in drinking water back to what they had been the entire time of the Clinton administration except for the last day. And this was fodder for the talk shows again going after voters that don't pay any attention to this. And it was the George W. Bush administration doubled the amount of arsenic permitted in drinking water. So why do they That's one reason they do things like that, because because of a compliant media that is lying by omission, they're they're not lying. He did double it, but you know, and uh, you know, and again usually the if they've got a conservative on on a left leaning news show, it's some dufis that you know, it's uh, Liz Cheney or Adamkins or somebody like that that really doesn't or like Colon pal was a great one. He was a Republican, but he hadn't voted for a Republican president for like four presidential elections in a row. But he was a Republican. So but that that's all I've got to say.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate it.
Speaker 17: There's a reason for their madness because they have a compliant media that's pushing their agenda.
Speaker 1: Understood and agreed, But I would the difference between the two executive actions. You go back to Clinton having arsenic levels and it's like one of those who could argue with that arsenic Oh my god, that's toxic, it'll kill you. So boy, that makes good sense. Why did he wait till the last day it was presidency? And the reason probably why And I'm just guessing on this George Bush that went ahead and unwrung that executive order bell probably because most of the water treatment plants in the country couldn't reduce the level of arsenic to the small, infinitestimal amount that the Clinton administration waved into the waved into the regulations with the magic wand so would be the re But then the talking point, as you point out, is oh my god, Bush doubled the arsenic level. Well, that doesn't mean it made the water dangerous. Again, as you note, we have been living with that level for however many years, and probably so many years prior to even Bill Clinton taking office. But yeah, it does make for great fodder. But I don't think you can make the same argument with banning the oil and gas. Let's use California as an illustration. Right now, we do need the resources. The world still rotates based upon natural gas and oil. Say all you want, our energy demands continue to grow. Now, what would it be like if you lived in Pacific Palisades and you had your electric vehicle, your Tesla platte. Of course they would drive one of those, right the power has been shut off. Now if you have an internal combustion engine, if you're a smart person, you got an extra five gallons of gasoline in your garage store someplace safely, you can drive out of there. I mean, assuming the roads aren't blocked. But you can get out and you can leave. You don't need the electrical grid for transportation right now, they're stuck. Many people don't have electricity in neighborhoods that haven't caught on fire. And please, dear God, don't let any more neighborhoods catch on fire. We don't need more loss of life, we don't need more property destruction. I don't wish that on anybody. So they have no running water right now, and half a million or so people have zero electricity, and you're the one looking at your uncharged ev in the driveway when the evacuation order comes to your neighborhood. That seems to me represents a bit of a challenge. Fifty eight two three tucks a couple up in six twenty seve If you have Kirstee talk station, you got local stories, I'd rather talk to you, so feel free to call. But first, kitchen remodeling. The man who I think has probably remodeled more kitchens than any human being on the planet, John Ryan pressed these in tears. Who you want to work with, and that's who we work with, and like to refer to John as a very very sweet guy, great guy to work with, just just pleasant as he can be, and he has wonderful ideas for your kitchen remodeling project. You have to stay within your budget. If you want to just do a minor, smaller project, just replace the cabins and countertops, he's the man for the job. If you want to tear the whole thing out and start from scratch the way we went, he's the man for the job. He's always there. You sleep message gets on everything, change orders, keeping the cruise in line, and making great recommendations. That initial design discussion you have with him is when you'll see that, Wow, John has really some amazing ideas. He'll look at your space, He'll give you some time thoughts. He maybe you want to an island or something, and he'll talk to you about the practical benefits of that or not. Maybe how about this just again again, it's it's your kitchen. You want it the way you want. John's got great ideas to help you achieve your goals. Better flow, better function, better storage. We got all of that, more than we even anticipated. John Joyce and A plus is a better business ureau. Find him online. Go to Prestige one two to three dot com. Check out some of the work he's done over the years. Prestige one two three dot com five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: Turn up your radio. Here's a Sean handed any morning minute.
Speaker 18: This is what environmental radicalism gets you. I'll never forget. I went out to the San Joaquin Valley. I cover this for Fox that you add all these farms, massive farms that were bone dry, and there was all of this water that was available to them, and it was not made available to farmers because they wanted to protect what's called the delta smelt. Now, the delta smelt, if you look it up and look at a picture of it, it looks like a little minnow fish. It's not even like an exotic fish, and by the way, not even in an endangered species. And they cared more about the delta smelt than they did about the farmers, and the farmers lost their entire livelihood.
Speaker 19: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 18: Hey, you exhausted every day, Maybe you have the three pm crash or struggling with memory issues, having a hard time focusing. You have to stop and pay attention to what I'm about to tell you. I never run out of energy, and I'm fully focused. Strong sell It's a revolutionary supplement that has truly changed my life. I use it every single day. It gives you natural energy, helps me stay focused all day long, and just makes me feel better overall. Whether you're a working mom or dad, or homeschooling your kids, or some of our loyal men and women behind the wheel across the country. Pry strong self, It'll change your life. Linda uses it as well.
Speaker 11: I use it every single day.
Speaker 1: I have my kids using it, my parents using it, my in laws using it, my friends using it, and I am telling you it is immedia is one of the only ways you can get any dh on the market and it works.
Speaker 18: Go to Hannitystrong dot Com, use promo code Hannity you get a special twenty percent off any order.
Speaker 1: Once again.
Speaker 18: Hannitystrong dot Com and Strong Cell believes in their products so much you get a sixty day no risk policy.
Speaker 1: Invest in your health.
Speaker 12: I did it.
Speaker 1: It changed my life. Cyber attacks and cybercrime are really on the rise. Nine first on one of forecast cold weather Advisory in effect till nine o'clock this morning. It's cold out there. Twenty three of you are high today with sunny skies over ankle low of nine. Snow is likely tomorrow somewhere between two and maybe five inches. I have twenty eight slick conditions overnight, be careful dropping down to twenty and a partly cloudy day on Saturday with a high of thirty. Right now six and time for traffic.
Speaker 13: From the UCL Traffic center you see health weight Lass Center offers comprehensive of v city care and advanced search to coal expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two six three. Northbound seventy five left lane's block with an accident near twelfth Stream, Covington over a fifteen minute delay into downtown and the ramp from Sharon Road to northbound seventy five and the right lane on northbound seventy five block due to an accident in Sharonville. Jack Knight tractor trailer, Chuck Ingram and fifty.
Speaker 8: Five KR seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty about krc DE talk station Freddy one hour from now Donald and Neil for Americans for Prosperity on their twenty twenty five policy of Jennifer. Seated by Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Lines on a variety of topics that'll be after the top of the our news. Jay Ratliffe fast forward two hours love talking to Jay. Got some great things to talk about with him this morning our media. I heard media aviation expert and stock trader extraordinary anyhow over the phone, start with Mike, got a couple of callers on Whine Mike, thanks for calling this morning and Happy Friday Eve.
Speaker 20: Hi, Brian t about these people building these rebuilding their houses would be like these huge houses they build out there in California. Me and my wife have lived in a small Cape Cod for twenty eight years, and I would love to see a developer start building houses.
Speaker 12: Like that again.
Speaker 1: You know what, I've thought about that for years, Mike.
Speaker 20: I got when you got your kitchen, you got your living room, you got your bedroom back.
Speaker 1: And you could do an unbelievably cool custom home, you know, like with really high quality interiors, flooring and everything. It doesn't have to be very big, but it could be like a really nice quality and you could have it occupy a smaller space and you know, how much room do you need? I mean, I use like four rooms in our house. We don't have that big of a house. But you're right. And I even have a friend in the building business and he builds those massive custom mansion type homes, and it always left scratching my head over who in the hell needs all this space anyway?
Speaker 20: Are they living the huge houses and there's no furniture in it and they can't abort.
Speaker 1: The that's the other thing. I mean, I really appreciate architecture, and I love the you know, you get these pop up things on Facebook because they obviously know my algorithm. Because I love looking at those old houses. That's the one thing I always look at. It's like, God, this is the coolest house. Look at that would work? Oh my god, the craftsmanship, and you appreciate how big the thing is. Like, wait a second, I own enough furniture to maybe furnish two rooms in that place. Spend as much on furniture furnishing the rest of the rooms in the house as you would on buying the house in the first place. Anyway, you're talking to kind of money that I never will have, and honestly, even if I had it, I would never ever ever go down that road. Thanks to the call, Maureen, Welcome to the Morning Show. In a very happy Friday eve to you.
Speaker 21: Hi, good morning, Brian. You just mentioned Stephanie Paratucci's interview with you about the fires in Loina.
Speaker 16: Yea, and.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I figure that was my CALLU. But anyway, when I called you right after the line of fires, I mentioned the possibility of the fact that they wanted to have a smart city there, and she reiterated that in her interview with you and her books, but I also wanted to bring out did you know that there's an initiative on the books called Smart La twenty twenty eight and its goal is to transform Los Angeles into a highly digitally connected smart city by twenty twenty eight, and that this was done to coincide with the twenty twenty eight Olympics. And this or there's going to be the site of a major sports event to be held at the Olympic and it's right there at Pacific Palisades. And they're also planning a bullet train to run through all the areas that are on fire right now. And a couple things. In Stephanie's book, Sound the Alarm, she wrote a whole chapter it's called who would do This? And do is spell DEW which stands for directed energy weapons, which we do know exist. And in her book Burned Back Better, she also has a chapter and it's on toscopes, dues and climate engineering. And she's going to do a documentary on Lahina and it's going to be called Sound the Alarm after her recent book, and in it she talks about how she interviewed people in Mahina, and they've come to realize that they're being gas lit and blamed for the fire based on their plastic straws and disposable plastic cups and different things related to climate change, and you know, the whole sustainability thing that they're going with with Agenda twenty thirty. So obviously not the Jerry still out on what's going on with this fire, but I think those are some things to think about.
Speaker 1: You add that to my conversation with Breitbart's Oliver Lane about all these individuals who are committing acts of terrorism in order to shut down electric grids or shut down the Paris trained in advance of the Olympics and just being you know, overall nuisances, but in the name of shutting down the capitalist system generally speaking. But they're acting individually. Now, take what you said, whether or not listeners believe your theories or the theories that she espoused about the desire to rebuild Lahina got to wipe it out before you can rebuild it. Was that utentional or not, You draw your own conclusions. You know, I'm a cynic and I'm a skeptic, and I find it hard to buy into some of these things. But if you think about what Oliver's talking about, and if you think about what these legitimate articles and proposals that actually are on the books about transforming cities into fifteen minute walking communities, et cetera, et cetera, you need a clean slate to do that. Now, some radical, maybe one of the code pink nut jobs, is out there and says, hmm, we really do need that, And how are we going to bring that about when we got all these multi gazillion dollar houses in Malibu and Pacific Palisades. Hmm, I've got a pack of matches. It hasn't rained but one point one inch since last June. It's dry. How can I help accomplish that long term goal?
Speaker 12: Here?
Speaker 1: Let me light a match and drop it on the ground. Now that's conceivable. You don't need some behind the scenes, you know, conspiracy theory government to bring that about. We've got all the documents which talk about what their desires are from a future perspective. It's all out there. I mean, this has been going back to like Agenda fifteen or whatever the hell that was, you know, the connected cities. It's there's a multitude of works out there now. That is a form of radicalization in a way. It's like Islamic fundamentalism. You can get a guy that reads enough of this stuff, gets bought into the concept of Islamic fundamentalism and wants to start killing people. Be so based on religion. Why because they've been influenced to believe in that type of thing and want to bring it about. So this makes it very easy. Someone's out there in the world that bought into this stuff and is looking around, going what idiot needs at twenty five thousand dollars or twenty five thousand square foot house, said Brian Thomas in agreement. What do we do about that. We can't get rid of it. They own the property. Hmm, I got a pack of matches. I'm just saying, this is how things start, and this is how conspiracy theories start. I'm just observing the reality of the world that we live in right now. Six point thirty nine fifty five KRCD talk station. Foreign Exchange got the Honda in Foreign Exchange right now. I have no idea what's wrong with it. It's not my problem anymore. My son took it in there yesterday. He's going to be dealing with it from right now. But Foreign Exchange will not charge him as much as if we took him to the Honda dealership to figure out what's wrong with it making some weird noises. They'll figure it out. I know they will, and my son gets the bill for that. Thank you, Jerry. He's going to be glad he went to Foreign Exchange because regardless of how much it costs to fix that car, it's going to be less than the dealer. And that's the point of Foreign Exchange. We go to the west Chester location Austin and the team of as certified Master technicians will fix your traditionally imported manufactured car, whether it's from Asia or Europe and Tesla's. They are authorized to repair Tesla's as well. They all been trained on that. And when they fix it, you get a full warranty on parts and service. They will treat you like family. They're wonderful people there, and of course the bottom line is the bottom line, your bottom line, charging you less than the dealer to repair your automobile to your satisfaction, I might point out west Chester location, take the tillers of the legs off of I seventy five head East two streets Hanger right on Kinglin and you're there. Visit foreign X online Foreign the letter X dot com. The number five one three six four four twenty six twenty six six four four twenty six twenty.
Speaker 22: Six fifty five car the talk station in this week's marketers cold out there.
Speaker 1: It's going to be mostly sunny day to day with a higher twenty three. It's gonna go down to nine degrees overnight. We get snow tomorrow somewhere between two and eighty five inches high twenty eight. Snow tapers off overnight, dropped at twenty. They're worrying about slick roads, so mind your p's and q's if you have to go out overnight and partly thirty Saturday drive though in a high of thirty right now eight degrees.
Speaker 13: Traffic update time fun the you U see up traffic center you see Houthwaight bas Center offers comprehensive obcdcaren advanced Cerntico expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two six three. Northbound seventy five continues to struggle with an accident before the bridge left hand.
Speaker 8: Side and that hands traffic backing up past Kyle's.
Speaker 13: Then the ramp from Shearing Road to northbound seventy five in is block due to a wreck chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 8: See the talk station say forty three.
Speaker 1: I FIFI about KRCD talk station. Happy Friday Eve. Uh no, Eric, I didn't see the video. Just got an edgeent message from Erica. You've seen the video of the gal arguing with the homeless person setting fire to brush along a set of tracks in Los Angeles. I'll take him at his word. Certainly possible. I's wondering whether it was the same guy who set the playground on fire and burned up the Big Mac Bridge. Oh that's right, Joe, it wasn't a homeless person. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disparage the homeless some random dude. How's that parenthetically without home? Good? Good point, Joe. But you see how easy it is to do. And going back to electricity Southern California, Edison, that's they serve fifteen million people across southern, central, and coastal California, said. Weather conditions in the Los Angeles County area now, because of the winds and the fires, they're too unsafe for power to be restored for the hundreds of thousands of folks who no longer have electricity flowing now southern California. Edison said it's probably several days of outages because the wimstorms and wildfires admit it too unsafe for the power restoration. They have no date estimated for restoration, and again that includes a whole bunch of people who are not in the middle of a raging wildfire. Now you would expect, because I've seen pictures of it. The fire also burns up the power lines. I'm not sure how many traditional wood telephone poles they have out there are power poles. They may have concrete once, it doesn't matter the lines themselves. There's all kinds of images of the lines themselves burning up, which means all of that grid is going to have to be replaced before anybody in the area is going to get any electricity. And of course, the wind and the poor maintenance of the grid out in California has already been blamed for prior wildfires out there. That's a four pm yesterday, four hundred and thirteen plays US thousand customers without power and a half a million close to anyway, we're under a public safety power shut off watch, which means you better anticipate the power shutting off in this area. This SCE Southern California area apparently, as according to the reporting, does not even include the areas impacted by the Palisades and Hurst wildfires, completely separate power system in grid. It does cover areas that include the Eaton fire, and that's the one that's claimed five lives since it began on Tuesday. In their statement, the SE has transmission facilities on the east side of Eaton Canyon. SE's distribution lines immediately to the west of Eaton Canyon were de energized well before the reported start time of the fire as part of the see public safety power shut off program. So again I'll go back to the well impractical reality of owning an electric vehicle, especially in times of crisis when you really need to get the hell out of Dodge six forty seven fifty five R see the talk station Fastened Pro roofing. I love those folks at fast and Pro. They're just really solid, good people and they do superior work. You can count on Random Man and the team at fashion Pro, which includes my daughter's fiance Eric I like to point that out. Eric's been around the roofing business for a long long time, went back into it after college. Good kid, and he may be the one doing a free estimate or free quote for it. He also does some of the repair work too. He's helped out quite a few of my listeners and I've gotten good reports on Eric. So far, so great. But anyway you get a free roof inspection, they're never going to tell you something that's not true. You got a problem up there, they'll explain it to you. They're good about dealing with emergency services too. My friend Steve had with his son. After Steve had his roof repaired by fast and Pro, he was so impressed with the crew. And his son had a leak in the roof during a torrential downpour. Fastened Pro to the rescue that very day and they treated them well and problem solved. That's what they're all about. Any kind of roof they do it. They do exterior projects as well, like railing and siding, and they do custom metal work box cutters. They can you know, refinish them or build them from scratch. They do it all and they do it in a superior way. And again it comes begins with honesty. They are very honest, decent people and a great crew. Your place will be cleaner after they're done repairing. You're fixing your roof, and before they got there. That's the kind of That's why they earn an a plus with the Better Business Beer, and they earn so much praise from the people who rely on them. Fasten Faste and fastenproroofing dot com. Check out the website some of the work they've done, beautiful stuff and call them for that free free inspection. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five KRC dot com.
Speaker 11: Not thinking about radio, think again, good.
Speaker 1: Here's your channel nine first one to one forecast. Today be mostly sunny day twenty three for the high overnight little of nine with clouds rolling back in. Got snow tomorrow likely especially after ten am. They're saying somewhere between two and maybe five inches twenty eight for the high tomorrow overnight little of twenty. Slick roads are possible, so be careful. Saturday is going to be a partly floudy day with a high of thirty. Dry conditions that's seven degrees right now. We've got ker City Talk Station house traffick right now.
Speaker 13: Chuck Ingram from the UC Helth Traffic Center, UC Health Weight Balls Center offers comprehensive of b City care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three, nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Northbound seventy five rex clear in the cut. Traffic getting better from Dixie In to downtown. Still working to clear the ramp on Sharon Road to northbound seventy five and the right lane wept over from an earlier jack Knife tractor trailer salt trucks are there now. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty one. If you five KR see the talk station. Happy Friday Eve. Looking forward to the return of Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, first time out of the gate in twenty twenty five. I'll join us regularly as throughout the year as he always does, be talking about putting the lame and lame Duck Congress comments on the Festivus Report. Ran Paul's Festivus Report, Reminding you that you are paying for stupid things like bearded transvestites on ice and shrimp on treadmill. And he loves talking about taxpayer funded arenism. We'll talk about that with him as well and get a kick out of Dave. He's a good guy. Uh, whatever else is going on in the world, listen, since the nineteen sixty four Surgeon General's report, everybody knows cigarettes caused cancer.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: They're addicted because they have nicotine in him. But the cancer's part is the tar and the other components of tobacco that burn when you smoke them. So moving over to vapes, if you vape, you get the nicotine delivery part. I don't know if they fully analyze what's in the vapor part, but you get the nicotine without the concern of the tar and other carcinogenic things that cigarettes burn. But the point is the nicotine's the addictive part. So what the Food and Drug Administration is doing now they want to effectively ban cigarettes that are currently on the market now by forcing tobacco companies to lower the nicotine levels to the point where there's so little nicotine in it that you won't get addicted, at least future generations won't, and some interesting observations from the former Assistant director of the US Bureau Alcohol, Tobacco, on Firearms and Explosives. The current director of the Tobacco Law Enforcement doctor and Network, a guy interviewed by Fox News, Rick Mariano's if this band goes into effect and the Tobacco Band has completed regulatory review, proposed rule has not yet been finalized, but they're moving this forward, he said. Biden's ban is a gift with the bow and balloons to organize crime, cartels with it, whether it's cartels, Chinese organized crime, or Russian mafia. It's going to keep America smoking and it's going to make sure streets are more violent. Remember the sale of Lucy's and we had local law enforcement trying to prevent the sale of loose cigarettes in New York. That didn't go real well. It's also been pointed out that people who are currently addicted to nicotine via cigarettes and smoke cigarettes, if you lower the amount of nicotine and the people are likely to smoke more of them in an effort to get that nicotine out that no longer exists or that's been reduced down to a very modest or minimal level. He said, the decision being thrown down the public's throat without one ounce of thought in preparation. Nobody's sat down with law enforcement. Nobody sat down with any doctors, no one sat down with any regulators to find out, Hey, look, what are the unintended ramifications? Is such a poor choice, and that's what I'm going to call it, a poor choice, Marianna has said. He already pointed out the Mexican cartels are already well positioned to bring illegal tobacco across the border. So because you know, you have American manufactured cigarettes, but they can make them elsewhere that aren't subject to the reduced nicotine levels, Meaning that's just one more black market product that'll be entering the United States and probably pretty easily. So you said, while Chinese criminal organization says some of the best counterfeit operations stretching from baby formula cigarettes and Russian organized crime groups have their foot in the door in cities across the nation, including in bodegas and other stores that sell tobacco products. Now, you can couple this with the federal government banning vape products as well, which they're in the middle of doing. So your local vape store probably won't be in existence very soon down the road. You know, I'm not recommending anybody start smoking, not recommending anybody start babing. Nicotine is addictive. We all know that a lot of us make poor choices in our lives. But isn't that part of being a human being, the idea you have a choice, the idea that you know, maybe a little bit of nicotine makes my life a happier, better thing. It's like drinking. Oh that's right, they said, drinking now is carcinogenic. They want liquor companies to put warning labels that drinking will cause cancer. The jury's kind of out on that one. See, this is the government micromanaging the individual affairs of our lives, telling us what we can and can't do. I don't know in what name now that some people will say quick to point out, well, wait a second, if someone gets sick or cancer as a consequence of smoking, then I've got to pay for that. It's going to cost my it's going to create a bigger expense for the country because of the added medical expenses that go along with having a care for people who made the poor choice and got addicted and started to smokeking cigarettes. To see, there in lies the problem that I'd like to point out all the time. Why are you paying for the stupid consequences of someone else's bad choices. That's the problem to me with the idea of this collective socialism that I'm supposed to pay for your stuff and you're supposed to pay for my stuff. If you take that element out of the equation, then that's just someone over there making a poor choice and ignoring science and the sound advice from their doctors and researchers who have been pointing out since nineteen sixty four that smoking causes cancer. Six fifty seven fifty five krc Detalk Station Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Alliance after the top of the ur newso you can stick around the.
Speaker 19: Twentieth day of January President Hi Donald John Trump inauguration Day.
Speaker 9: The first one hundred days had to be on fifty five krc D Talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Rapid Radios station Little Theme Song Music. Welcome back and a happy New Year from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, which you can find online of Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Dave Williams, great to have you back on this year.
Speaker 10: Happy New Year, Brian and it's good to hear my theme song, good to hear the old streetcar.
Speaker 1: And I was talking to Joe before he came on.
Speaker 10: He was mentioning the big snowstorm you had, and of course that streetcar that was chucking.
Speaker 1: Along because it was and they actually, you know, it was kind of really a crazy, great illustration of the allocation of resources, scarce resources, I might add, given the financial situation going on the city of Cincinnati. They actually kept the tracks on the streetcar clear. They shoveled them or otherwise you know, treated them. But there was a reporter out in the middle of the street with a picture of they call it the Connector moving along, although not a single human being in sight along the long stretch of roadway that they photographed it on. Certainly, and the which is typically the case, no one on the streetcar when they took the photograph. But in spite of the fact that they failed to shovel a lot of roads in the city of Cincinnati so people could actually use them, you could sure get on the street car if you're able to make it downtown.
Speaker 10: It's amazing how city officials, national officials doubled down on bad ideas, right, is that they just can't admit when they've made the wrong mistake, and they just they can't move on with it, and they have to double down on their mistakes.
Speaker 1: It's so typical. It really is get they get singular focused and that's all they care about, and they don't care that everything else is falling apart. We regularly complain here in the city about the roads, just the deteriorating and and just worsening state of many of the roads. They haven't been cared for. And every calendar year that rolls by, Dave, they fall further behind on the responsibility. They're supposed to do X number of roads annually and they never even meet that lone goals.
Speaker 23: So the amount of Bryan, Bryan, think of this, So the amount of money they spend on the streetcar per year, how many potholes could that fill every year? And I'm serious about this, is if you look at what it costs to fill a pothole, right, and what it costs.
Speaker 1: To operate the streetcar five millionaires.
Speaker 10: There needs to be an analysis here of like how much the streets because you've just alluded to this, like how much the streets would be so much better and the damage to the cars would be less. I mean, that's what people need to realize, is that this money is being taken from somewhere. So when you're bottling out in that pothole, think about the money that's going to the street car.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, And then we're going to get to it a little bit. But now they're talking about building a new arena here in the city, which we know you and I both love. Must have so much cash. We did, We must have so much money you can just spend, just flush with cash. Anyhow, wonderful article, David McGarry. You can find it at protecting Taxpayers dot org where she's the tax Payer Protection Alliance web page. Consumer Financial Protection Bureaus added again targeting credit card reward programs. And this is actually almost I mean, if if it was a Babylon b article, we could laugh at it. But apparently like two people in the world have complained about credit card rewards programs, even though there are hundreds and hundreds of thousands of cards out in the world. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has decided it's going to go after credit card reward programs. How they're going to solve the problem that really doesn't exist, Dave, And what is the problem that they're claiming they want to address.
Speaker 10: Wow, this is the most baffling thing that we've been talking about for the past couple of years. Is that a certain member of Congress, this is Dick durban from Illinois. Oh yeah, Dick Durbin was flying back to Illinois and a fly attendants walking down and she said, if you sign up for this credit card, you get fifty thousand miles and you're.
Speaker 1: Part of the rewards program. And He's like, what's going on here? Why are airlines doing this? And this is how it all started.
Speaker 8: I am not lying to you.
Speaker 14: This is how this started.
Speaker 23: And now he has convinced the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to go after credit card rewards programs. Now, mind you, these same rewards programs are used by millions of people of all income levels to travel to get discounts at the supermarket. You know, rewards programs cover so many things. But this takes one member of Congress to have an idiotic moment.
Speaker 1: So wait a second. The rewards program like, for example, when I use my credit card and it's American Airline, I used to fly to American all the time, when I was practicing law in Chicago and I had to travel a lot, and they had, you know, a big major hub up there, and that was the airline of choice for me. So I've been collecting American Airlines points all my credit card purchases for years and years and years, I mean a couple of decades worth. That's the kind of reward program you're talking about, because I use those to help pay for my entire family and my daughter's fiance to fly out west to see Yellowstone National Park. It was awesome. It was like, I finally am going to get these back and I didn't have to pay the four or five thousand dollars it was going to cost to buy five airline tickets. I was really happy about that. A lot of people are how is that a bad thing?
Speaker 10: Though, Because what Dick Durbin and others are saying now is that it's anti competitive, that they're hooking people into credit, that it's manipulative that the credit card company and there's no competition with credit card companies because it's only Visa.
Speaker 23: And MasterCard and American Express. I mean, there's a whole host of rationale for this, but none of them make any sense. First of all, credit card companies are very competitive because it's not Visa and Mastercard's the different banks that are competing with a different interest rates. So there's a whole host of things you can choose from. And who cares if an airline wants to give you fifty thousand miles if you sign up for their credit card.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, you know the other component. The other component of this is does Dick have a problem with people getting credit cards? Because last time I checked, and I know this to be a fact. If you want a good credit score, if you're going to buy a house, for example, the factor in your credit score, and you can go up to eight hundred and fifty on your credit score, but you need a good The better your credit score, the more likely it is you're going to get a well good terms and conditions. You are considered a low risk. And if you have more credit available, the higher your credit score goes. So is he going to reform the entire credit score thing as well? Maybe that needs reform. I don't know, but I mean that just going to the point it's important that you have available credit, not that you use it all and max them out and get charged thirty percent interest rate for not you know, just getting rid of your balance every month. But you need credit available and if someone's willing to offer you an extra fifty thousand miles, that will help you in one respect by increasing the amount of credit available to you, plus you get an extra fifty thousand miles. It doesn't mean you have to use the damn card.
Speaker 23: Exactly exactly, and listen, I think, yeah, the credit card industry is under a lot of pressure from Congress because there's talk about capping interest rates on credit cards at ten percent. Now, superficially, that sounds great for consumers, but what's going to happen.
Speaker 10: It's going to squeeze credit because credit card companies are not going to give credit cards to people that may not have great credit that need to build that and establish it. So you're going to have people that cannot get a traditional credit card go underground and be paying twenty five and thirty percent. So again, is the government manipulating the market. Let it be, Let the market be, and there's no need for them to do this. I mean, there are big fish to fry in this country. For Congress, we're talking about a thirty six trillion dollar debt. We're talking about border security, tax cuts. This is what Congress needs to be laser focused on, not credit card rewards and whether or not we can use, you know, get fifty thousand miles by signing up for a credit card. It's just a nonsensical issue.
Speaker 1: Well, does the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau even have the authority to do this?
Speaker 10: They do because they have this weird authority. First of all, they don't have a budget, like Congress doesn't set their budget. They determine what their budget is every year up to a certain amount like twelve percent.
Speaker 1: You know, the Fed.
Speaker 10: The Fed determines their budget, so the Congress has nothing to do with this. At also their budgets. I believe it's about seven hundred million dollars right now, and it can grow to eight hundred million dollars without Congress batting an eye.
Speaker 1: But this is controlling the terms and conditions of contractual relationships between beween credit card companies and the individual who applies for the credit card. I guess I want to know how this independent, you know, an agency has any authority whatsoever to manipulate the terms of conditions between these two separate individuals or the company issuing it and the person signing up for it, how under what government law under me? That's what I'm saying here. This seems and this seems to be like one of those extra regulatory exercises. Congress never gave them authority to do anything like this, and yet here they go doing it, and somehow we're supposed to comply. It sounds to me like this is going to result in litigation. Oh, we hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 14: It absolutely will result in litigation.
Speaker 23: And again that's going to take months and years, and maybe we get a court that sides with consumers, maybe we don't. I mean, that's the problem is that at some point it's a crapshoot right on what course decide, and if it even gets to the Supreme Court, who knows what happens. But we don't need the CSPB, we don't need the Consumer Financial Protection Peer.
Speaker 1: It's just it's unnecessary, totally unnecessary. I'm just completely baffled by this, Dave. And You're right, this is one of the stranger, more baffling things that you and I have talked about in a long time. Stick around, We've got more baffling things to talk about. Including what you and I paid for through our labor, like shrimp on treadmills and bearded transvestites on ice, A couple of comments about Rampaul's Festus report plus taxpayer funded Arena's more with Dave Williams coming up after a moment seven sixteen. Right now, if you have kc DE talk station, and since we're talking about money matters, it's really important to get your home insulated properly. This is a good return on investment, an excellent return on investment. Get in touch with USA Insulation, have them come in free for free. Inspect your your insulation situation. Some people are under insulated. They didn't put insulation into homes until somewhere around like the mid or early seventies. So if you're in an old home, probably a really cool, well built home, it just doesn't have insulation in the exterior walls. Fill that empty space with the highest R value phone on the market and you can achieve a level of insulation the modern homes are being built with. That's right. It is an amazing product, highest our value in the market. The film is made right here in Ohio and it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. Take a look at your energy bill. I bet you'll probably save more than the monthly costs for the phone. It takes about a day to do the average home. You'll be happy. You'll notice the comfort improvement. Immediately you get comfort, you get savings. Your HVAC equipment won't be tax and running that sissifus battle of the uphill, push and rock thing against the X to your conditions which mean your systems will last longer. There's a multitude of reasons. That's why I always call it the ultimate no brainer three eight one three six two six three eight one phone. And it's a free inspection and free quote. To learn more about the product and how it works and everything, just go to USA Insulation dot net.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 23: Run a business and not thinking about podcasting, Think again, more Americans.
Speaker 1: Listen to your nine first warning weather forecast. Uh, it's cold, get that out of the way. Twenty three is gonna be our high today. We'll have sunny skies though nine degrees overnight clouds rolled back in. We got snow likely tomorrow sometime around ten. They're estimating between two and five inches of snow. I have twenty eight twenty degrees overnight Friday, snow will taper off. Slick roads are POSSI will be careful and the partly thirty Saturday with a high of thirty five degrees. Right now time for traffic from.
Speaker 8: The UC UP Traffic Center.
Speaker 13: U S Health Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive OBC care and advanced surgic O expertise called five on three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. Northbound seventy five slows just a bit in the cut earlier accident clear. The ramp from Sharon to North Pound seventy five is now open again after an earlier accident.
Speaker 8: Southbound seventy five slows out of backland.
Speaker 13: South two seventy five slows onto the Carrol Cropper from the Lawrenceburg Ramp.
Speaker 8: Thing from N fifty five care and seeing deep talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty one I fifty FI krcdtalk station Happy Thursday, Friday eight, call it what you want? Good day to be listening to Dave Williams from Taxpayer Protect Alliances on and I'm sure Dave you had a lot of fun reading what you labored through. I would like to express taxation in the form of slavery, because they can take whatever they want by way of the taxation level, and after we work and slave over it and they take the percentage of the slice, they don't quite get enough. And that's why we are spending two trillion dollars more annually than they even take in in taxes. Then they go ahead and spend it on stuff like I don't know, shrimp on treadmills and bearded transvestites on ice, helping other countries with their border security. I mean, we could go on and on and on. It's all laid out in glorious gory detail in the Festivus Report.
Speaker 15: It sure is.
Speaker 23: And this is something that rand Paul has been doing for a number of years now. And we're talking and this year he lists a trillion dollars in wasteful and unnecessary studying. Then you talk about, you know, taxation, if you make one small mistake on your tax return, yet what the irs is that? Take notice and watch out? But you know this is this an insane amount of spending. And I mean, there's so many things that jump out of me, but there's one item in here. And it's fifteen million dollars to turn the Internal Revenue Service into the tax preparer. So this was supposed to be a study to see if the IRS should do this. The IRS lied to Congress, they said they were going to study this, and they said, oh, no, here we go. Here's the program, here's the software that we built, and it is wildly unpopular. Go figure because they did a pilot program this past year and they said, oh, ninety percent of the people love direct file. They love for the IRS to do their the returns, prepare the returns. So what we did, Brian, is we submitted a Freedom of Information Act request and we got all of the responses. They listed all their responses. It was not ninety percent. It was less than fifty percent of the people who said that they liked direct file and that it was it was working.
Speaker 14: Now here's the worst part of this. And we've heard whistleblowers.
Speaker 10: They've called us and said, I've been audited that IRS prepared my taxes.
Speaker 14: Now they're auditing me.
Speaker 8: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 10: So they are going back to H and R block to these other private companies saying can you help me? And I'm being audited by the IRS, and H and R Block is saying, we didn't do your taxes, so we're gonna have to charge you to get you out of this mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So the IRS who prepared the taxes did it incorrectly, so now they're being they're auditing the taxpayer. I mean, this is Orwellian to say the least, right. I mean, this is just beyond Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it shocks me not that the way that they prepared the software, that the actual federal government would have gone out and uniformally created its own version of dealing with the tax code. But more fundamentally, I think there is no reason in hell the tax code needs to be as complex and as ridiculous as it is. It is the mechanism through which the government manipulates behavior, and that just irks me to no end. Let's get to a flat tax. Let's get to a fair something that's simple. No more ride offs, no more incentives, no more dangling carrots of you know, incentive from the federal government through the tax code. Just give me the damn fifteen percent and that's it. One page, single file, period, end of story. How why is that not a great idea other than the fact, it's going to give up, take away their power to manipulate us.
Speaker 10: And the tons of lobbyists in you know, on Capitol Hill that are keeping the tax code complicated because they want their write offs, they want their special treatment.
Speaker 14: I mean, it's really lobbyist in government working together. Absolutely is Yep.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. Where are the lobbys for the tax preparers out there fighting against the IRS taking over their role in preparing taxes? Don't they have enough voices out there and enough lobbying money to prevent that from happening.
Speaker 23: You would think they would, But I mean, look what we have now, and now the IRS wants to expand it. This was a pilot program for twelve states. Now they want to expand it to all fifty states, because you know, if you're going to fail at twelve, why not fail at fifty?
Speaker 24: Right?
Speaker 1: Amen? Very briefly, you got to comment about taxpayer funded arenas forty part company. I saw it on the list of topics.
Speaker 10: Dave, I'm sorry, the taxpayer funded.
Speaker 1: Arenas, Oh my gosh, an.
Speaker 14: Absolute waste of money.
Speaker 23: This is corporate welfare for billionaires, and there's no reason that taxpayers should be paying for the construction of any arenas. It's just it is the most ludicrous things that locals are spending money on these days, and it just keeps on happening.
Speaker 14: What I don't understand is that it keeps on happening.
Speaker 10: And we've fought these battles in Kansas City in Florida, and you know, we've had some success, but they just still keep on popping up.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's because people get the idea that they need that professional football team in their city. I don't know for traditional reasons or because it's a magnet for you know, people going to restaurants or something. But I mean, there's a really, very very small number of football teams in the grand scheme of things, and there are hundreds and hundreds of cities in the country that managed to get along fine without a professional sports team on the taxpayer dollars. I just have to observe that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and Brian, so many studies have been done about the economic activity generated by these arenas and stadiums. It doesn't These arenas and stadiums do not generate economic activity because people will spend their money elsewhere in the city. It's just shifting spending your money from a restaurant to an arena. So it doesn't bring in any new money, and so many studies have been done. It's been exhaustive, and almost every economist agrees and says no, this doesn't create economic activity.
Speaker 1: Plus, I enjoy watching a game at home much more than getting in my car, driving downtown, paying for parking, dealing with weather, and paying twelve fourteen to fifteen dollars for a beer. Dave Williams text Baber, then the drunk next to you yelling there's that too. Protecting Taxpayers dot org, check out the website, bookmarket and even contribute to help Dave and the team continue holding government accountable. Dave, I'm looking forward to having you on the show regularly throughout the year, as I always do. Have a wonderful day and a very happy New Year to you and everybody at the Tax Favor Protection Alliance. Thanks Brian, Happy New Year seven twenty seven. Right now aft above Ksity talks Station Donald and Neil Americans for Prosperities Gonna Allow Out is Ohio twenty twenty five policy agenda that'll be next After I mentioned well odo eggs won't get rid of the stench of the reality of what Dave and I were just talking about, aka politics. But we'll get rid of those odors that are bothering you around the house. The dog oder, the cat odor, the cat box odor, human odors. Dealt with those before the right food, mold, mildews, smoke, you name it. If you got to know, do you want to get rid of? Otor exit products will work. They come with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee, several different oto exit products available depending on the odor you're trying to get rid of us as directed and one hundred percent guaranteed to get rid of the odor. If it doesn't work first time, just call them up. I mean they have a total free number to answer any questions you might have about whether which product you buy or if you tried it didn't work, tips to how to use it. But they do work, and if it doesn't, you get your money back. So order it online. It'll be there by tomorrow as long as you ordered four three o'clock overnight delivery and buy it locally using the search engine there. Just type in your zip code you'll find out that, yes, these products are sold all over town. Od O r XIT no Eotor Exit DOT com.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: General and I and First Warning Weather forecast tells us today it's going to be a high on twenty three with mostly sunny sky overnight low nine clouds rolled back in. We get snow luck tomorrow after ten am, anywhere between two and five inches depending on where you are. Twenty eight degrees for the high, slick roads overnight dropping down to twenty degrees Friday and on Saturday, partly Clottish guys in a high thirty it's five degrees right now. Let's get an update on traffic from the.
Speaker 8: UCUT Traffic Center.
Speaker 13: You see health Weight Loss center offers comprehensive obcity care and advanced surns of co expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 8: That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three.
Speaker 13: There is an accident or a report of a new wreck northbound seventy five before you get to Zer Charles, so I'm not seen slow traffic out of downtown yet southbound seventy five slows out of Lackland. So does inbound seventy four between col rain of the seventy five ramp. Chuck Kingbram Month fifty five krc the Talk.
Speaker 1: Station seven thirty fifty five KRCD Talk Station is another website for you, Buckeye Blueprint dot com. It's Americans for Prosperity. Donovan and Neil returns from another count year and another happy New Year. It's good to have you back on the fifty five Caressey Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Donald, Brian's great to be back with you.
Speaker 1: Love what I'm reading in the Buckeye Blueprint, my friend. Let's start off with economic freedom. We're we're just kind of a middle and middle of the pack kind of state. When it comes to the rest of the stage. We do need to have some taxation reform, but it apparently it transcends that and something that Congressman Thomas Massey just brought up the other day, the Rains Act.
Speaker 19: Yeah, well we've got we've got a good track record, Brian, I don't wanna, I don't want to, you know, shortstyle the work.
Speaker 10: That's been done over the last couple of decades.
Speaker 19: But what we're really challenging folks to do, and that's at the heart of our Buckeye Blueprint, is take some of the big bold leaps forward. So when it comes to taxes. We're on the right trajectory, but more to be done. RAINS, though, is really exciting. How familiar are you, Brian, with with the RAINS Act and what that's all about.
Speaker 1: Well, as Congressman Massey explained to it, if any regulation done by the regulatory administrative state that exists behind the scenes are and behind the scenes are unelected officials has a financial impact beyond a certain threshold, then the legislative branch must actually approve the regulation and the action.
Speaker 15: Correct.
Speaker 19: This is a big This is a big leap, Brian, because usually when we talk about regulatory reform, we're talking about like clearing out the dust and cobwebs, how much it's going to cost, or how much PaperWorks involved in complying with the regulatory rules and rule makers. What RAINS does, though, is really exciting, is that actually requires the regulators, right the deep state, to go in and actually explain how much it's going to cost economically. So if they put these rules into place, you think about what like the EPA does to energy production, right, what's the economic impact of these rules that they're putting into place, And it really upends the ways we think about regulatory regulations and puts the onus on the regulators, not the businesses, to make their argument for for why the benefits of the regulation outweigh the economic burdening costs. It's impactful, it's big, and it has a multi generational impact on how we undo the big government.
Speaker 1: With that question. And then once they make their argument justifying the regulation and explaining how much it's going to cost the taxpayers, then the legislator, the elected officials has to actually approve it. They have to pass it into law and say Okay, that's the hurdle that they'll never overcome. And that's why we need the reins Act in place. And there's anything I can do or my listeners can do to help you accomplish that goal. We need to know what that information is because everyone should get on board with this one well, one hundred percent.
Speaker 19: It exists in four states right now nationally. We plan to bring it to a lot more. In Ohio is a big party. We can get this done in Ohio. We'll have some action items for your listeners in the coming weeks for sure.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Well, we will continue. We're gonna bring a Donovan Neil back because we've only hit one facet of again, it's Buckeye Blueprint. You can find it online Buckeye Blueprint dot org and check all the info out. We're gonna talk more about this in just a moment. I must mention QC kinetics because you know, you don't want to live with pains. You know, if you've been dealing with steroids and you've been dealing with pain medication. You know, the hip pay, knee pain, joint pain. And remember my dad's struggling through that and he of course ultimately went under the knife. I wish he had QC kinets around the time because maybe they could have provided him relief. You don't have to go to surgery as an option. Tens of thousands of people with this continuing pain discovered these advanced cellular treatments. What QC kinetics does, and it's in an in office procedure. They concentrate your body's natural healing properties and place those concentrated properties at the point of pain. The future of medicine, advanced ortho biologic treatments, a QC Kinetics the nation's leader in regenerita of medicine and joint preservation. They're here in sensing now and it's a free consultation, so why not talk to them about it. It's what's the worst thing can happen? Right it say it's not gonna work. Hey, qc kN X is right there, make an apployment. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 14: There are two types of pain in the world.
Speaker 1: The sunny sky's down to nine degrees overnight, more clouds roll in. We have snow tomorrow. They say about about ten or ten am, getting between two and maybe five inches twenty eighth to high overnight low at twenty and on Saturday it'd be dry going up to thirty degrees, partly cloudy six degrees right now, traffic time probably.
Speaker 13: Do you see how tramphing center you see health Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced serge of co expertise. It's called five p one three nine nine two sixty three. That's nine Graine nine twenty two sixty three. There it's an accident or a report of a new wreck. Northbound seventy five before you get to Zer Charles, So, I'm not seen in slow traffic out of downtown. Yet southbound seventy five slows out of Blackland, so does in bound seventy four between col ring of the seventy five rant Chuck King Bramont fifty five, KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty. If you give up KRCD talk station, check it out for yourself, detail by detail, Buckeye Blueprint dot Com with the Americans for Prosperities rolling out for the counter of your twenty twenty five and we can only pray that all of the items in this list could accomplished before we move away from the broader topic economic freedom, which of course includes passing the Rains Act reducing personal income tax down to zero. How are the elected officials in Ohio gonna deal with less money? Do we have a spending problem here Ohio?
Speaker 12: Dave, we do.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the that's the problem.
Speaker 10: We don't have a other said, we don't have a revenue generation problem.
Speaker 19: We've got a spending problem in Washington and Columbus despite you know, multiple years, since two thousand, twenty twenty eleven. Since twenty eleven, Brian Republicans have had a red what they call a red state trifecta. The House, the Senate, and the governor's office held by Republicans, typically the Conservative Party. Yet in that period of time, we've seen our budget grow by billions billions, Brian we I think we've got an opportunity here to stop the spending spree, prioritize necessary services that the government can provide right with our roads, police, fire, education, by empowering families, and stop the spending spree that's been going on in Columbus.
Speaker 10: It's what the voters asked.
Speaker 1: For this past November. Well, you know, I always joke about Columbus. It's like herding cats. You think, as you point out, well, having the House, the Senate, and the governor all Republican, that this would be sort of logical and reasonable. They would grab onto these proposals and run with them. But they're just people. Call them rhyanas Republicans a name only. I think Republican Party has moved away from It's one of its core principles, and that's fiscal responsibility. They want to buy stuff and things to get there get re elected, just like Democrats were always a blame for doing. Now everybody's doing it. That's why they call it the uniparty.
Speaker 14: Now, well, I mean that's that's that's.
Speaker 19: The crazy thing, right is, once you find folks are in the minority, and once they get into the majority right where they control the levers of power, some of those corrupting forces find their way in. We're all human at the end.
Speaker 10: Of the day, despite our party affiliations, right, and so that's our job, that's the work our activists do do, right, right.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 10: Keep these folks on us.
Speaker 19: We remind them of the principles that they campaigned on during election year, and we hold them accountable to following through all those promises when the time comes to legislate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just pains me to see that the public pension is so underfunded. I mean, you'd think that they'd be at least responsible and enough to take care of people who are counting on the Ohio Public Pension for their retirement only seventy six percent of assets to fulfill the promises that are made to these people. And that's a simple question of accountability and responsibility to the election. Those that are the elected officials and the constituents who are going to be relying on that down the road. How about energy and innovation? What can we deal do to improve the energy situation here?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think this is an area where we're going to see a quarter turn.
Speaker 1: If you will.
Speaker 8: Since the house Bold six.
Speaker 10: Scandal, there hasn't been a lot of energy policy movement. And the energy policy that has moved, and I've been.
Speaker 19: On your show to talk about it several times last year has really at a core.
Speaker 10: Been Cronius programs.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 19: It's having great payers Ohio and subsidize energy utility companies and these energy efficiency schemes that they cook up. In Columbus, We're going to work to turn the page. There's a number of folks coming together.
Speaker 10: We've got to study that. The Great Buckeye Institute. I know you've probably had.
Speaker 19: Great Loss and Ray Hetterman on your show for I've been They've been working up and we're going to provide a primer to lawmakers. There's a over I think forty new legislators, freshman legislators coming into Columbus this year, so it's a huge opportunity to educate them on what the free market principles for energy policy can be. And at the core of it, it's abundance, right, we just need to produce. We ought to be able to produce more energy to solve our problems, not subsidize things like wind and solar favorite industries, right, and that's what we're going to be.
Speaker 14: That's what we're being driving.
Speaker 10: Forward, is creating a free market approach to energy policy here in the Buckeye State.
Speaker 1: I like that idea. Now moving forward to something I'm always in favor of is providing families the opportunity for school choice and getting them out of underperforming schools where they're not even learning their basic skills but sitting in doctrination camp and classes.
Speaker 10: That's right. We have to remain ever vigilant here. Forecasts are that and it's a good thing. Right to the fiscal stewardship piece, the budget's going to be a lot tighter than it was two years ago. The federal money isn't flowing like it was post COVID, and they're going to have to get a little tighter with the budget now. The challenge there is making sure that the gains we made two years ago expanding the Edge Choice Scholarship program to empower families, making sure that program continues to be funded, as well as addressing some of the challenges parents and private schools encountered in working with the Department of Educational Workforce to get access to those funds, and so I think there's some opportunities to make some tweaks to streamline. We want to make these things, this program easy to access, so when that parents sees their kids report card and says, gosh, there's got to be a better way they can easily move their kid quickly to the school that's going to best meet that child's needs, and that's good for everybody.
Speaker 1: I guess the thing that always comes to mind when we talk about this, you know, general concept, it sounds wonderful, but then logistically speaking, if you know everybody wants to go to that one high performing, demonstrably better school, how can that school absorb the additional children? There seems to be there's obviously going to be some finite limits to the flexibility that people are.
Speaker 4: Going to be to have.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 10: And that's one of the areas that we've been talking with legislators that we think they need to help address, is what are the identifying what the regulatory barriers are or the capacity barriers are, and making sure that we've created an environment in state government, through the rules and regulations that govern in the schools, to enable these schools that are doing really good work and are achieving extraordinary outcomes for students, to make sure they have the ability to rapidly and quickly scale up and grow to be able to provide that service to as many students in the area as possible. It's certainly a challenge, it's certainly a problem, but we think we can get there if we, you know, just get the regulations right, get the government's intervention out of the way, and make these schools to able to grow and expand and serve the student population.
Speaker 1: That needs it well. And you know, honestly, is like, contemplate this even further. How is it that this one school district over here ends up, you know, high on the list, you know, excellent college admission raids, superior testing scores and all of that, and the one, you know, five miles down the road is at the bottom of the pack. Kids can't even pass basic mathematic tests or reading tests in eighth grade. What's the difference between those? Is it the curriculum, is it the teachers, or I always like to point out, maybe it's the family life where we have parents that just don't give a damn one way or another, don't ensure that their children are doing the work, showing up on time, attending class. I don't know, I mean, you just there's just some mystery out there as to why some schools do really well and others do not.
Speaker 17: Well.
Speaker 10: Honestly, actually, Bran, I think that's the I think we need to move past looking at those at that and we really need to be thinking about how do we unlock opportunity for other student. My niece brief story. My niece had struggled with her education in a lot a lot of places, public schools and private school She eventually got into a school that was able to help address her needs. She had some learning disabilities, and now she's flourishing. She's vibrant, she's happy, she's engaged. She's getting a's. Not because they lowered the standards, but because she was put into a situation where the school was able to educate her.
Speaker 1: One sized point is one size doesn't fit all, right. One form of education does not help all forms of children, right, And so all the schools she went through were great schools.
Speaker 19: They were fine, right, average, above average, But for Anna, it wasn't enough, And so I think what's important is that it's important to understand these testing scores.
Speaker 14: And graduation rates and achievements.
Speaker 10: But what's more important is what do we do to empower the parent to put the kid where that where they are going to flourish.
Speaker 1: Where the kid is going to flourish.
Speaker 8: That's the ultimate.
Speaker 10: Measure from our perspective on success in the education system, when the kid flourishes.
Speaker 1: All right, did that well explained? And that certainly does provide me with us so the more than satisfactory explanation as to any given situation, which you always do a great job of. Donovan Neil, Americans for Prosperity, you can check the whole Buckeye Blueprint right there at Buckeye Blueprint dot com. Donovan, I know you're gonna be on down the road the program to give my listeners some advice and information on how they can help out Americans for Prosperity achieve these goals on behalf of all Ohioans. Any insight into how that's going to happen or were just going to hold that for another day. Well, we're going to have.
Speaker 10: A lot of opportunities. Regressive programs coming up. We want folks to be at the State House with US committee hearings. We need your testimony and so go to Buckeye Blueprint dot com, sign up for action alerts on the website, and just stay tuned. We'll keep you posted on ways to get involved as things get fired.
Speaker 1: Up in Columbus. Bookmarked website, folks, and sign up Buckeye Blueprint dot com. Donovan and Nail to our next conversation. Thanks for everything you're doing on behalf of all Ohiolands, and I look forward to having you on the program regularly throughout the year. Looking forward to it, Brian, take care brother, Happy New Year, seven forty nine fifty five KRC the Talk Station. You know, medical imaging can be really, really outrageously expensive. Go to the hospital imaging department. You don't have to go there. Your doctor's gonna order an MRISCT scan and echo cartogram, ultrasound, a long screen, or cardiac scoring at some point in your life. I think we all get one eventually. I've had multiple of these images in my life, and I got my CT scan at affordable imaging services where it would only cost six hundred dollars. Contrast CT scan what did my doctors say about that? Well, I got the bad news and my cancer come back, but it wasn't anything about the imaging. No, and the radiologist report was fine, just the exact same thing that she would have gotten from the hospital imaging department. It's only six hundred bucks go if I'd gone to the hospital, probably five thousand dollars. Now it's low overheaded affordable imaging. I had no denying that, but they have the exact same equipment. Medical professionals have been doing this for decades. You get great images, you get the board certified radiolgist report reincluded in the low price for this image, and you don't have that massive out of pocket responsibility. Hey it's a new calendar, or what is your out of pocket liability before the UH insurance actually kicks in? And if the insurance kicks in, are you still going to be responsible for some form of copay? My suggestion is ask the imaging department or somebody at the hospital what the total bill is going to be and what the how much the insurance you've got is going to pay for it, and then go, holy cow, you mean I'm gonna have to shell out three grand and then say no, I'm going to go to Affordable Imaging Services where I can get that CT scan with a contrast for six hundred dollars low pricing across the board. You get all the pricing and information. Just go to Affordable Medimaging dot com. You do have a choice. You can go where you want. Affordable Medimaging dot Com five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight.
Speaker 11: Thousand, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Insurance sold by smart Buddy Insurance.
Speaker 10: Large fires burning in La County and the fire is growing the Gulf.
Speaker 8: Of Mexico to the Gulf of America.
Speaker 19: The day's news, Jimmy Carter reminded us is on metaf Facebook.
Speaker 9: Chuckers the talkstation.
Speaker 1: Eight oh five fifty five KR seedy talk station. Hope you're having a very happy Friday Eve. Once again, thanks Alreday made for listener to lunch yesterday, and thanks to the Brentwood grew Hub for providing such great well service, speedy service. The food was good and the beer was good, and nothing beats the fellowship of a fifty five kr se listener lunch had a great time. I was so pleased that my son was able to make it as well. So we're gonna be at the Little Miami Brewery next month, the fifth of February, and I hope you can make it to that. Put it on your calendar. You have maybe things so open up for you last minute, you've got something to do coming to bottom or I heart media aviation extpert Jay Ratliffe in addition to all the aviation topics we have to talk about. Well see if we can't squeeze in a comment. Apparently he just let me know because he trades stocks, he makes, he does, he does a wonderful He actually trains people on his methodology, so you know, he's a teacher of how to like It's effectively a kind of a date trade thing. I think it's daytrade fund. Dot com is a site, but it's apparently yesterday was a bad day to be in tech stocks. So I'm gonna have to ask him why that is. Some of them dropped like fifty percent. What is going on out there? We'll get all the answers from Jay rat Lift at the bottom of the hour. I always love hearing from you. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two to three Talk Con five fifty on ET and C phones, and remember fifty five KRC dot com because well you get your Rheart media app there and you can listen and stream the various podcasts and some great great conversations. Yesterday Judge entenal Politano on the situation at GITMO and the unconstitutional nature of what has gone on down there, and I guess much too much to the Instagram nobody. I'm not defending terrorists, but I cannot defend torture. And it is horrific what has gone on down there, and of course it ruined the ability to bring some of these people to justice. Yeah, you must, in the same way a cop can't kick your door in and rifle through your stuff. And if you've got something that's illegal in your stuff, if they kick the door in and they don't have a warrant, they can't introduce whatever stuff it is, it's illegal to have. You know, you used to call it fruit of the poison tooties of this tree. But I mean, you can't violate someone's civil liberties and the law and then bring that into court. Well, you can't beat a confession out of someone. If a cop took you in the back room and rubb or hosed you and you confessed that would be inadmissible. You'd also have a civil rights lawsuit on your hands. You can sue them, But the point being, a lot of that went on and it ruined the ability to prosecute. I mean forty thousand pages of interrogatories and testimony and evidence that it's gone through four or five different teams of prosecutors and multiple judges over the twenty years they've been detained there, none of which is held up in court in terms of the rights to do that. The treatment of those folks, A lot of it's gone up to the super court, Supreme courts next, all of it. So again, no defense of terrorism. It's the defense of the well general principles of humanity and the constitution big picture with Jack added in party like it's seventeen eighty nine. Great conversation with the Congressman Massi, who did a wonderful job talking about the difference between the Omnibus Bill and reconciliation. So if you have any confusion over that, listen to what Congressman Massy has to say. And I pled with him to out all of the rhinos behind the scenes. Who are perpetuating this monstrosity we have that we can't afford to pay for, which is the federal government and the fraud, waste and abuse, as well as just ridiculous oversight and micromanagement of our day to day lives. So there's something that can be done about it. We just need to hold who they are, the ones that will deal with the devils across the aisle in order to protect their pet projects and their states, giving up well maybe concessions to the Democrats so they can protect their pet projects in their states, none of which do us any good and just bring us further and further to the cliff of the well failure of our Fiat currency debt service already exceeding the national budget for our entire defense. To spose to go see what Nick's got this morning. Nick, welcome back to the fifty five KRCY Morning Show.
Speaker 24: Hi Brian, thank you for taking my call. This is Nick Knowle, as you know, the author of the book.
Speaker 1: I Got Our God Given Freedom. I knew you're gonna put a plug in for your book, Nick, so I've already got it up on my site, Our God Given Freedom. Get a copy of a good Amazon or where you get your books.
Speaker 24: Well, thank you very much. And the thing is that one of the themes of my book that keeps coming up is the fact that the Democratic Party is the source of all evil in this country. And that goes from Dick Durbin, whom you imagine, who wants to control everything, but it even infects people in Congress like Thomas Massey, who's a strict conservative. When you ask Thomas Massey yesterday to name the people who were standing in the way, the Republicans who are standing in the way of straightening this mess up, one of the things he said was, well, I have to work with these guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know that. I obviously was troubled by that as well, which is why I doubled down on the request at the tail end of the conversation for him to let me know who these people are. Just send me a list so I can out them. I'll be more than happy to bring it up. I want to know specifics about these negotiations behind the scenes. We never get to see them, We never get to hear what their details are. We aren't privy to the over the table, you know, back and forth. I'll give you this if you give me that. I want some hardcore concrete illustrations. How is it that there is a Festivius report every year that Ran Paul puts out where in the hell did these projects come from? How in the hell is it? And who decided the taxpayer money was going to be spent in foreign lands doing stupid things and quite often dangerous, deadly pandemic creating things like the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and we help pay for that crap. That's the kind of detail I want to know. I want some concrete, hardcore illustrations. I don't have to all of them, but I want to know who the guy is or gal is that's approving this kind of nonsense so we can out them and bring it to the voters attention to prevent them from being re elected.
Speaker 24: And I think you should keep doubling down on that. But the other thing that I wanted to mention is that, secondly is the la fires. I used to work for the Butler County Water and Sewer Department, and one of the things they taught us at the Butler County Water and Sewer Department they said that Ohio law requires that the most important thing the water company has to do is to maintain enough water and enough pressure at the pumps to fight fires. That that's the most important requirement. And if they maintain enough water and enough pressure to fight the fires, there will be enough for the consumers to use. And I was kind of shocked by that at the beginning, but you know that should be used in LA and everywhere else that has fire departments. They should have the fire department have enough water, enough pressure to fight the fires. And you know, there's been a lot of talk about water mis management in California, but this.
Speaker 10: Is just a part of that.
Speaker 24: The water mis management has to do with growing crops and filling lakes and other things like that. But you know, having enough pressure at the pumps is one of the most important things you have to have to have a water department.
Speaker 1: Didn't call it for an argument on that.
Speaker 21: I just.
Speaker 1: It seems to be the most mismanaged, dysfunctional area of our country. So let us not follow the greater Los Angeles areas lead in doing stupid things. There's no water pressure, they electric lines have been shut down, so another reason not to buy an electric vehicle. It's it's just it. I don't know what else to say, plus, I mean mother Nature. She can be a pain to deal with sometimes. And if the winds are blow one hundred miles an hour and you have no water pressure flowing to the hydrants because you basically used a ball of water in the reservoirs, you can't fly the airplanes of the helicopters to dump water from the ocean onto the fires as well. See what Mike's got this morning, Mike, Welcome to the Morning Show. Happy Friday, Eve.
Speaker 15: I can't, Buddy Hey, after sixty one years Christmas Morning quote till ten, I quit smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, buddy, congratulations man, wonderful, thank you. Take care. You quit smoking just in time because the federal government is going to take the nicotine out of cigarettes. At least that's the latest from our well, our lords and masters in whatever department it issued that edict in mandate. I talked about that earlier in the program five three seven nine fifty five hundred and two three talk on Fax fifty on at and T phone and Timothy, it is the Brentwood brew he said, you keep calling it Brentwood Brewpub. It's High Grain Brewery. High Green Brewery owns it. But it's the High Grain Brewery Brentwood brew Pub. So call it what you want. You can find it online. It's easy to do it. But they were nice people. It's a nice time. They had good beer, and I recommend it and I will give them the love and support that they deserve for treating us so well yesterday. Stick around. Uh, we got more to talk about as I reach over from my paper and I want to discuss cover since he John Roman, the team of Cover Sincy will save you money on your medical insurance. And really that's what it's all about because they work for you at no cost to you. Mind you and one of the things I failed to mention regularly, So if you're working with a Cover Sincy and they come up with a better way to get your medical insurance, and they can more than two hundred companies, They have access to thousands of insurance policies. They put it together their package that's designed specifically for you dollar one coverage save forty to sixty percent. If you are the owner or responsible for acquiring insurance insurance medical insurance for your employees, you should definitely get in touch with the team that Covers Sinsey because they can improve your business's bottom line. Make conditions better from a medical insurance coverage situation for your employees as well. Your employees are gonna love it. You're gonna love it. Everybody gets happy. It's the way to go, and it doesn't cost you anything to initiate the conversation. They do a full analysis of you, the individual employees. If you're just a person that doesn't have medical insurance, you hate the out of pocket liability, you've got, get in touch with them. They'll take a look at your situation, offer a better solution. You get to keep the team after the insurance is in place. That's one thing I wanted to bring up because quite often it happens, It's happened to me. Before a claim gets denied, you're like, what in the hell is this all about? I don't understand this explanation of benefit I got. Why didn't this get paid? Don't call the insurance company, you call cover sensey. They got a team that'll figure it out for you. It's what It just goes along with the whole package. And again this comes at no additional cost. There's no cost to get in touch with them. It's just it's like this service they're doing, and it's all about you. Five one three eight hundred two two five five five one three eight hundred call. You can fill out a form online you get the process started. Just go to cover Sincy dot.
Speaker 11: Com fifty five KRC for more.
Speaker 1: In from a twenty at fifty five krc DE talk station. Looking forward to the next segment because I get to talk and we get to listen to I heart me the aviation expert Jay Ratliff, who will also explain why tech stocks tanked yesterday. I guess anyhow five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred hundred two three talks you what Tod's got this morning. Todd, thanks for calling in, Welcome to the morning Show.
Speaker 25: Good morning, Brian. I just wanted to share with you and the listeners how in Chilli, what was for me to go to my first listener lunch yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you had a good time, good it was good media, and.
Speaker 25: I just want to share with the listeners that you don't just get to meet Brian, but you get you can meet several very nice and interesting and a bunch of people that you can talk to who are really decent people that you can really enjoy meeting.
Speaker 1: And talking to you know, Todd, I am so happy you brought that up, because that's one of the really great things for me for listener lunch. I mean, I've always said, and whether you believe it or not, I believe I mean this from the bottom of my heart. I have never viewed listener lunch has anything to do with me. It's all about getting people out of the house to support a local restaurant and do something maybe out of the ordinary for the day, but get to meet new people. And there have been so many friendships, long term friendships that have been established over the years among and between my listeners. You know, I go in and there's the same table, you know, like six people all sitting together, smiles on their faces, sitting over and enjoying a burger or whatever. But they didn't meet each other other than through listener Lunch, and that just warms my heart to no end. It is a great crew of people. They are wonderful, nice, welcoming crew as well. You don't need to know anybody at listener lunch. Walk in and somebody, if there's an open chair at a table, you say, do you mind if I sit here? I guarantee anybody at that table say sure, sit down, introduce yourself and engage in a wonderful conversation. So Todd, I can't thank you enough for for for you know, pointing that out so I could double down on on that aspect of the listener. Launch anything else any time.
Speaker 17: No, that's.
Speaker 25: And have a beautiful rest of your day.
Speaker 1: Thanks Todd, good scene you. I hope to see it another one down the road, and again we're going to be at a little Miami brewery on the fifth of February. Let us see here before we get to I heard me the aviation expert Jay Ratliffe was gonna mention, oh oh, what did I do with it? Anyway, the concept of preemptive pardons. I just wanted to throw it in here because Joe Biden was asked about this the other day and he didn't dismiss the idea of preemptive pardons, specifically our good friend doctor Anthony Fauci and Hillary Clinton. Now have they been accused or charged with any crimes? Have they been investigated? I don't know if there's any Department of Justice investigation going on behind the scenes looking into these folks. But after talking with Congressman windsor if I can imagine it's justified. But since no charges have been loved and no one is saying they committed criminal activity at least as of yet, wouldn't a preemptive pardon actually sort of suggest that there is guilt somewhere back there. Andrew Huff was interviewed about this. He's the author of the Truth about Wuhan. How I uncovered the biggest lie in history, he said, at best, doctor Philchi, his position is he's guilty of twenty five million counts of negligent criminal homicide. So you knew that the Wuhan Institute Virology was a leaky lab. He allowed the research to go on. They illegally exported the technology, they didn't have the proper safety controls, and play some risk management perspective on the United States side, and with the contractors involved with his research. All of this, he says, is illegal. But he pointed out if someone accepts a presidential pardon, it's essentially admission of guilt of the crimes. Quote. So in the US law, if the president issues a pardon to someone and the person accepts the pardon, it's an emission of guilt of the crimes. And if you look at all the individuals involved with the cover of the exporting of this technology, that is a violation of the Rico Act. Rico Act, of course, was designed to go after a criminal activity in the form of organized crime. Two or more people working together in concert to commit a crime that would be a Rico violation. In this particular case, you've got probably hundreds of people, but at least a whole lot of them. So if you pardon Fauci, I just make this observation, considering he put this into the context of a Rico situation. But if you pardon Fauci and he's no longer you know, he can no longer take a Fifth Amendment and be free of self incrimination. He can't be incriminated, right, he would have to testify in any other trial against the other folks that were involved and engaging in this, as huff describes illegal activity. So there's a whole host of people out there in the world that would have to be subject to Biden's pardons in order to capture up and scoop up everyone who might be at some point investigated or held legally responsible for well unleashing a man made virus on the Globe, just saying, as to Hillary Clinton, you draw your own conclusions. I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratlet's coming up next.
Speaker 11: Please stick around fifty five KRC the simply money.
Speaker 1: Time for the nine first one forecasts. Got a cold Dana hands. They going up to twenty three degrees sunny, though clown's coming in overnight down to nine degrees. We've got snow tomorrow about ten am and about one to five inches, go up to twenty eight degrees, snow tapering off late evening and giving us an overnight low of twenty and on Saturday, a partly cloudy day high a thirty Right now six Time for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCL Tramping Center.
Speaker 13: U See Health Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity Karen and Vance sergical expertise called five one three nine nine two two sixty three. That's nine three, nine twenty two sixty three. Southbound seventy one. Crews continue to work with a couple of recks. One below Field Zirnle has the left lane blocked off. The newest is near Stewart and just after you get pass ken Wood they're on the right hand side. Northbound seventy five continues slow out of Burrowlinger into town chuck Ing, Vermont.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRCN Talk station, a twenty.
Speaker 1: Nine fifty five KRCD talk station. Always love this time of week eight thirty every every Thursday and the fifty five krc Morning Show, we get the benefit of hearing from iHeart Meatia aviation expert Jay Ratlift Jay. Happy new year to you, Welcome back to the morning show and a.
Speaker 7: New year to speak to my good friend Brian. I'm looking forward to it, man, the fun we're going to.
Speaker 4: Have this year.
Speaker 1: It's a great time every week, regardless of what we're talking about. Real quick here, because as I always like to point out, you do trade stocks, and it's your primary source of income, and you do a good job of it, and you trade other people. I trained other people how to do it, your method. But what the happened to tech stocks yesterday? You read flagged me and told me that a lot of them dropped by like fifty percent.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The Navidia CEO came out talking about the timeline for a lot of the next wave, if you will, some of the IT type technology, and it was considerably longer than what a lot of people thought, and the tech industry had been pushing up and up and up during the excitement of everything, and when that came out, you had some stocks that were priced at you know, twenty dollars, fifteen dollars five dropping forty and fifty percent yesterday and it was an absolute, just a bloodbath when you saw these tech stocks taking the beating that they did.
Speaker 4: The overall market was down just a little bit. But you know, you're right.
Speaker 7: As far as me teaching students, I've done for fifteen years. But Brian, trying to time the market is stupid. Yeah, But when you try to time specific stocks as we do, as Warren Buffett does and everybody else, and you can hit an eighty percent batting average, yeah, there's a lot of money to be made. So I felt really bad for the long term by holding pray investors that were holding a significant chunk of these tech stocks, because before they knew what happened, that part of their portfolio was taking an absolute beating, and I hated to see it. But it's the other reminder of why you know, I'll hold a stock for fifteen or twenty minutes versus ten or twenty years because you simply don't know what's coming, and that's the best way to protect your portfolio.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, sound advice. Moving over to eighty eight, and I will.
Speaker 7: Add a ps Brian if I may. In five days of trading, my portfolio is up twenty percent. So I kind of like my approach versus what the long term by hold and pray stuff is, because this could be a tough year with that battle of inflation and everything else.
Speaker 4: You still yet to lick well, you.
Speaker 1: Know, actually, I'm just glad you brought that up. Not to take this part of the conversation too long, but did you train Senator Ron Wyden, Representative Morgan de Gravy, Nancy Pelosi, Representative Thomas Susie, Representative Kathy Manning, or Seth Molten or Tina Smith and your methodology, because those members of Congress and the senators, their portfolios went up by let's see, Senator Ron Wyden one hundred and twenty three percent, Morgan McGarvey one hundred and five percent, Nancy.
Speaker 4: Flower how long of a period of time any year?
Speaker 1: Last year?
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, they they wouldn't have been mine because they might Heck no, I would not trade it. They would have to contact me through an ALIAS to get my help.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 1: I figured that we're working off insider information that the likes of.
Speaker 7: You and I illegal.
Speaker 4: You should go to jail for that.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason I bring it up, because that's exactly my conclusion. All right, what is what these guys that were found dead on that Jet Blues airplane they were They were up in the wheel well.
Speaker 7: They were And this happens from time to time. It was a couple of weeks ago that we we had a United Airlines flight from Chicago, Chicago to Maui. Flight lands in Maui, they found someone who died in that wheel well. So it's like, how in the world is somebody able to stroll across the tarmac in Chicago's O'Hare Airport or JFK's Airport in New York totally undetected and able to crawl up in a wheel well, which you know, when you try to do that stunt, the fatality rates like seventy eight percent.
Speaker 4: It's like a suicide mission.
Speaker 7: You're either going to get crushed because there's not enough room, or you're going to die of hypothermia when the temperature drops to fifty sixty seven degrees below zero during the course of that flight and that unpressurized part of the aircraft. But what we're finding out on the Jet Blue situation was it may not have been a JFK situation because brand apparently these bodies had been decomposed to the point that they may have been on there for several days lights leading up to that. And I've had a few Jet Blue pilots that have reached out to me saying, Jay, understand that when we do our walk around, there's a part of that landing or flap that closes that when we do our walk around, we can't see back up in there. So it would require a mechanic with a large ladder to be up there doing an inspection on a specific system that would cause them to be up there to determine that somebody was in that particular part of the aircraft. So it's not like we miss it when we do our walk bys, because we simply can't see that with the way that that type of aircraft has part of the landing gear door closed when the gear is deployed, So you know, it's not a situation where they're missing it on the walk around. But if it was in Jamaica, where we're thinking it may have been in Kingston, you know, obviously the FAA will go there saying what kind of of security you have in place here to prevent this, and rib there's been times where flights from Africa, flights from Europe have come into the United States and they've dropped the landing gears to land at Newark or Kennedy or wherever.
Speaker 4: And we have bodies that fall out.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I honestly wondering. I mean, if they were in there for like that three days, the flight went from multiple locations to others, there's multiple landings there. I'm surprised that the dead bodies weren't shaken out at some point.
Speaker 7: It happens, and it's a horrific event, and you know, you feel for obviously the individuals that lost their life, and certainly for a lot of them in Africa and other places that are trying to flee places where their life is literally in danger, so they're willing to put their life at risk, with most of them dying in the process. But the point is that it represents a huge lapse in security because had these individuals been terraced, had been individuals intent on inflicting harm that can gain act. This isn't Muscle Shows, Alabama, this isn't Evansville, Indiana. We're talking about Chicago's O'Hare airport. It's happened in Kennedy. We have the attacks of nine to eleven. JFK spent one hundred million dollars on a security upgrade with you know, motion sensors and closed circuit cameras. And in twenty twelve there was a jet scare that broke down on the river. He climbed the fence, he walks across two active runways, comes up to the terminal, walks in a door, and is inside the terminal in his great, big, bright yellow flotation device. He's dripping wet head to toe and a Delta employee notices he then and then calls the police. But that's the first time he was spotted after going that entire distance across one of the busiest international airports that we have in the country. So it's like, what's going on with security if people are still able in Phoenix, in Chicago, at any of these other airports where they're able to access these aircraft and can't continue to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, we got another Jet Blue to the story to talk about, plus the latest on the Korean plane crash among other topics with Jay RATTLEFT will return after these brief words.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KARC the Great American air for my buddy nine fifty.
Speaker 1: Five RCD Talk station Brian Thomas with I heard media Aviation Next for Jay Ratt lift sticking with Jet Blue and in the category of idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, what's the story with his passenger opening up a plane door while it's tax Well, the.
Speaker 7: Planes in Boston, you have passengers that are in such a good mood, Brian.
Speaker 4: They're leaving that winter weather.
Speaker 7: Headed for San Juan, Puerto Rico, beautiful weather, a lot of food, a lot of fun, and they're taxing for takeoff and just looking forward to the flight and getting there. When you have a boyfriend and girlfriend that are sitting there and the girlfriend start starting to get text that the boyfriend wants to see who it's from. She won't show him, so he gets mad and says, I'll show you. He gets up, walks over to the emergency exit, opens up the door. Now the airplane's not pressurized, they've not taken off, and all of the emergency slides are engaged. So he opens up the exit, opens the door, and boom, it's deployed. Nobody can stop him in time, and all of a sudden, the plane comes to a stop. Every passenger is impacted by at least an hour and a half. It takes, normally from a mechanic standpoint, to replace one of these slides once they've been deployed. And you have one individual that's impacting that flight, and not only that, with the flight getting into later into San Juan, if the crew had a specific amount of time for the rest, that means the originating flight to the next day is also delayed, plus any other flight that aircraft is scheduled for on that day. So you have one individual impacting the lives of hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people because as you mentioned, acting like an idiot, and I suspect that Jet Blue will a ban this individual obviously from flying Jet Blue for life. They will send him a bill for the maintenance that was required to replace the slide, and passengers on board could certainly sue him in civil court if there were certain things they missed like a wedding, someone they're trying to reach before they'd pass those kinds of things because of the actions of one single person. And I tell you it's a shame nobody tackled him on the way to the door, because that's really the only way you could have prevented this. But you know, the flight intends will tell you to sit down, sit down, sit down, and they don't think you're going to walk over and grab the handle of the emergency exit and give it a pull.
Speaker 1: Well exactly, And you know, going to your point about you wish someone had to tackle them. That never wouldn't even have crossed my mind, because.
Speaker 7: Across my mind, I can tell you that because I'm thinking this guy's about to delay airflight big time.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that he would actually open the damn door. You know, I see a guy walking toward the door while it's taxing, and I just wouldn't what kind of moron would even consider doing something like that. But you do live in a world filled with morons, all right. The Korean plane crash. What's going on with this one?
Speaker 4: The black boxes?
Speaker 7: I'm really interested to hear Brian, because of course there's a lot to this particular emergency situation where that plane crash. We lost one hundred and seventy nine lives. Two people survived, the two crew members that were at the back of the airplane. But we're trying to figure out why in the world the crew didn't deploy the landing gear, because when you are making an emergency landing like this, apparently on one engine, you would lower the landing gear so that you at least have the ability to control the breaking of the aircraft after its land and for some reason, this airplane came in with the landing gear up, not deployed. The flaps, which Boeing calls for being set at forty degrees to try to give yourself drag when you've got a belly landing, also not deployed. And apparently the reverse thrusters that were engaged, which is the process you use when you land, was done on the engine that may have been the one that had the bird impact. So there's just so many things there that just don't make sense. And the flight data recorder, one of the two black boxes, was damaged. It's gone to the National Transportation Safety Board in DC to be fixed. Now. This past weekend, the South Korean officials were converting the cockpit voice recorder that would be recording the voices and the alarms and everything going on on the flight deck. They were converting that into audio files and they're reviewing that now, and I suspect that they're going to be pretty forthcoming with the investigation. But there have been times as impossible as is to believe, and I've been saying this since the crash, that cruise have forgotten to land lower the landing gear. Now we don't know if if in the because the landing gear, even if you have no hydraulics, it's a simple matter of unlocking the three landing gears and they're gravity deployed, they fall, they're luck in the position.
Speaker 4: You're good to go.
Speaker 7: You don't need hydraulics for that to take place. So the idea that that didn't happen is raising all kinds of questions. But that's not what killed everybody. What killed everyone was the wall assinine. Why the did you That thing would have stopped a tank and it's at the end of the runway and all it's doing is holding up the ils antennas, which at every other airport seemingly in the world that's held up by things that break away in the event they're impacted by a ground vehicle or aircraft. They're not designed to stop a tank like this concrete wall was, and when they hit that, game over everybody dies and they shouldn't have. We've had so many belly landings where the aircraft goes and goes and goes, it slows to a stop and then everybody gets off minimal injuries. If all here we had a situation where that the crew brought it down level, they would have just continued You saw it going down the runway breaking apart, wasn't on fire. It would have continued to skid as those airplanes are designed to do, thankfully to the construction that Airbus and Boeing have on these planes, and it would have just simply come to a stop and everybody would have got off. So we're seeing right now that airports around the world. China is leading the way on this, doing a safety assessment on all of their airports, making sure that they don't have anything at the end of the overrun section at the end of a runway that an aircraft could impact that could cause this kind of an outcome. And you know, the best way for us to honor the lives of those that were lost, and this is so incredibly tragic, is to make sure that we avoid this kinde of a situation in the future.
Speaker 4: And it was that wall that was the problem.
Speaker 7: Now, Obviously, if the crew forgot to lower the landing gear, or there was a mechanical situation, or if one of the pilots experienced a medical episode in the middle of this, all of that's working against them, and they might have been able to stop the.
Speaker 4: Aircraft otherwise before it got to that part.
Speaker 7: So there's probably gonna be a lot of contributing factors, as tends to be the case with most of these accident investigations. But as with every one of them, we're going to learn and I'm glad to see the South Korean officials are not holding everything close to the vest. They've asked Boeing to come in and assist the engineers, They've asked for the National Transportation Safety Board here from the US to come in. They're incorporating a lot of different agencies, and I think that probably means that when the information starts forthcoming in the next few days on what the initial observations are and again the investigation will go for a year, year and a half. We'll have a pretty good idea of what some of the initial findings are that will be you know, that'll lead the investigation. But it could have happened, and that will happened the entire reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could not blee my eyes when I saw that. And among the things, don't build a tank stopping wall at the end of a runway, and don't build a nuclear place in a tsunami zone. Let's pause for a moment. We'll bring Jay that lift back. We've got the latest on Boeing plus hub delays, and I suspect there might be some West Coast delays. We'll hear from Jay on that one in just a second.
Speaker 22: Fifty five car the talk station. I wish i'd gotten treated for out.
Speaker 1: A forecast twenty three for the high today with sunny sky is down at nine overnight with clouds snow tomorrow about ten am one to five inches, twenty eight degrees overnight low of twenty and on Saturday it'll be dry a high of thirty am, partly cloudy, closing out at eight degrees. Time for final traffic from the.
Speaker 8: UC help traffic center.
Speaker 13: You see Health Wait Pass center offers comprehensive of bcd caaren advanced sergic O expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Left lane remains blocked with the southbound seventy one just below Fieldszirdle.
Speaker 8: There's an accident. He's found on the Reagan Highway.
Speaker 13: Joe stamp Ue got passed seventy five and the RAM from Donaldson to southbound seventy five is balked off in northern Kentucky due to an I accident. Chuck Ingram on fifty five Tierra seen the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight fifty eight fifty about KIRCD talk station Brian Thomas closing it out with I Heart Media Aviation expert would do the segment every Thursday at A thirty and I thirt certainly enjoy talking with Jay. Jay. What is the story latest story on Boeing? Are they stepping up efforts, surprise inspections or something? How's this working?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're coming up.
Speaker 7: In fact, we've passed the one year anniversary of the last Airlines door plug thing blowing out. And you and I were talking a year ago last week where Boeing had sent out a memo saying that some mechanics for airlines had found bolts in nuts that were missing and loose on some of the rudder control systems of the seven thirty seven and how their airline mechanics maybe should keep an eye on that when they're doing their ongoing maintenance. So that made us think what in the world's going on, And then the door plug happened where it fell off the last Airlines flight. Thank god nobody got killed or seriously injured. And the FAA has stip in now saying that the oversight that they kicked in after this last year has continued. In fact, they've gone on to stress that they are stepping up their unannounced inspections, which I love because I tell you, anytime that you're working at an airport and an FA inspector shows up and announced, everything stops and they're there to make sure that everything's being done as it should. Now, five years ago, we were told by the Federal ABA's administration they were going to be on top of Boeing like never before. We had nothing to worry about the craft they had pulled previous with the Boeing Max situation, the two plane crashes withholding information criminally from the FAA, from airlines from pilots was a thing of the past. Well, we have found over the last five years, with forty some whistleblowers that that really hasn't happened. So the FAA is trying to make sure that moving forward from this point that they are on top of things, and Brian, I really hope that they are, because you're talking about matters of safety to the point that some Boeing employees won't even get on their own airplanes. While it extreme, but it underscores just how concerned a lot of these individuals are when in the past, according to the reports, as you and I talked about, the airplane would run out of parts, and to keep the airplane moving through the production line, employees were told to go to the scrap heap, pick out the best parts that's failed, bring it back, and yes it's painted with red paint, but get all the red paint off and then put it on the aircraft. And a lot of these employees are like, no, I mean, that's a failed part. It's in the junk pile for a reason. But you know, these are the kind of antics that apparently had been going on for a number of years, and the FAA is coming out saying that, you know, we're gonna make sure that this doesn't happen again. Boeing, when they brought their employees back from the strike, they did wait an entire month before they resumed operation of the production line to make sure that these safety issues were addressed. I like to see that, But it's gonna be five years before you're going to ask me if I'm comfortable with war Boeing zat because I believed them five years ago, and I look like an absolute idiot when I believe them with all their paragraphs of promise, because they didn't do a single thing. They talked, Oh they're gonna get rid of the CEO, that's going to change things.
Speaker 4: No I didn't.
Speaker 7: Oh we're gonna return to the days of old.
Speaker 4: No they didn't.
Speaker 7: They didn't do a stupid thing, and if anything, they got worse. And that's one of the reasons that to me, I'm just furious. And obviously I'm hoping the FAA this time is serious about doing their job and making sure that Boeing is.
Speaker 1: Doing theirs well, you know, as you're saying that, and I approve, I guess on some level appreciate your confidence in the FAA's ability to actually do its task properly. But you're you're, yeah, you're relying on government employees.
Speaker 7: Some of them are really really good at what they do, and you just don't have enough of them. And sometimes in the past, part of the certification process that was stamped by a Boeing inspector was actually allowed to be done by Boeing employees and where they would oh, yeah, that's fine, boom and they would just stamp it as okay, certified and it would roll through the process without an FAA inspector everlang eyes on the work that was being done. Now that has stopped because we've taken the keys away from Boeing as far as calling the shots on that. But I mean, there's so many different indications where, you know, the traveling public simply is still not comfortable with Boeing. I've gotten emails for the last year from individuals all over the country that are traveling saying, Jay, I'm gonna be looking for air Bus senner raies or bombardier or some other type of equipment because I'm not comfortable flying Boeing. Now again, I think that's extreme. When Cherry and I fly, if it's a Boeing aircraft, we jump on. But that's not to say that I'm not slightly concerned because some of these things have been allowed to happen, and the concern is are any of these failed parts on these airplanes I'm boarding. So yeah, obviously I'm a little bit concerned.
Speaker 1: As we go, fair enough, I would expect some flight delays on the West coast. What's the story on the flight situation today?
Speaker 7: We are seeing impact into Lax just a bit the brain. The real problem children of the day are going to be Dallas and Houston, and especially Dallas.
Speaker 4: We're seeing some icing.
Speaker 7: And some rain that's going to be coming through in snow that are going to be impacting the areas of Dallas, and that's going to be the one impacted the most. Houston's also with United Airlines, going to see some issues as the storm system, a violent one, pushes up through there. If you're flying American airlines today, get to the airport early. They may do what's called an online reroute, where you may be scheduled to fly through Dallas and they say Hey, we can get you to your destination through Chicago or through another American hub to avoid that mess. So getting to the airport extra early can certainly work to your advantage because Dallas is going to be an area that you know a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Are going to be trying to avoid.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, January is a lighter travel month, so it's nice that these storms didn't hit us two weeks ago or even a week ago, when every single flight was overfilled. Today it's a lot easier, and it's going to give the agents an opportunity to better.
Speaker 4: Take care of us.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, Jay Rat, appreciate the information passed along to my listeners in our conversation every week. We'll do it again next Thursday. Between now and then, best to health you and your better half and happy New Year again.
Speaker 4: And to you is all my friend.
Speaker 17: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection lines. You need to get a chance to listen to him. Putting a lame in lame Congress comment on Festivus report, Donald and the Americans for Prosperities laid out the twenty twenty five policy agenda. Big Things coming to Ohio. Thanks for Americans for Prosperity Can Podcast at fifty five Carecy dot Com. Tune tomorrow Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Have a wonderful day, folks. Thanks again, Joe Strecker, Executive Producer, Extraordinary Folks. Stick around Lenbeck's coming up.
Speaker 9: Counting Down, Let's go as we welcome back President Trump.
Speaker 7: The next four years are just gonna be incredible.
Speaker 9: Fifty five Krey The Talk Station.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Mattress firm SCOL