Speaker 1: When you turn on your work computer, turn us on Love listening all day fifty five KRCS work with the Tall Stories.
Speaker 2: While do you work.
Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five k r C the talk station Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Some sense.
Speaker 2: Education worker hard Yeah, reading my mind, Joe Drucker, Dude, what the hell? In anticipation of Kencover, the FOP president for the Ininsint Police Department, the violins continues and there's no utterance from the mayor of the City of Insinety Can I joined the program at seven oh five, followed by a Christopher Smithman. We've got a text from the other I'm going to I think it's something along the line I'm going to be on fire tomorrow. He is h I'm guessing I apologize for the cough. Also going to be speaking to the violence. I'm guessing on that though, But considering the a level of violence in the number of shootings and uh well, assaults and thefts, ander crime is rampant in downtown Cincinnati, So I suspect that's where Christopher's going to go on the heels of Ken Kobra. He'll be on at seven to twenty for the Smither event and then we'll hear from the cincinnti VA. Fast forward to the end of the program. Christina Hall from the cincinnti VA with some information for our veteran friends out of the listing audience. I love hearing from you. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk or go with town five fifty on at and T Funds. Hope you had a wonderful Independence Day weekend. I sure did. It was nice, of course, sleeping in on an otherwise normal work day and got to spend some time with friends and family, which is always really a nice thing to do. Relaxing indeed, And I hope you can say the same thing. I hope you weren't in Blue Ash for the outrageous display of fireworks, random shooting of fireworks into the crowds of people that were trying to peacefully and calmly enjoy their Independence Day celebration. Four hundred unaccompanied youth setting off fireworks on a whole bunch of occasions during the Mad Tree, Red White and Blue Ash for the July event at Summon Park, intentionally causing panic. Got details on that, of course, that's part of the way of crimes going through. But get a load of this, Joe. Where'd you get the list of the criminal activity in downtown Cincinnati that you put together? It's from the CINCINNT Police Department data well, anticipating the conversations we're going to have about the violence. It's a list of the crimes that happened just pretty much in the central district of downtown Cincinnati between June and July fourth, only up till about seven o'clock in the morning on July fourth. Of course, we had a lot of issues that after seven o'clock in the morning of July fourth, assault, Vine Street, theft, Walnut Street near ninth Court Street, got a bunch of them. And this is all seemed to be, you know, it's kind of concentrated the same general area. Assault, Court Street, theft, Court Street. These are all between three o'clock in the morning and noon. Garfield plays assault, Central Parkway, something else happened, arrest, Garfield plays robbery, Vine Street, assault, Main Street, theft, Court Street, there's Court Street again, Court Street, all over the place on this one theft, assault, theft, theft, theft, assault, other assault, talking again, Central Parkway got seventh Street, Court Street, Seventh Street again, Walnut Street, Main Street, Seventh Street again, Central Parkway again, Main Street again. Noticing a pattern on here. Oh, look Freedom Freedom Way for an assault, there's one out of the oh and Joe knuts All Way, there's one again, another one on Freedom Way. These are out several hours in between each other. Ogden Place, there's Walllingon again, Ogden Place again, Third Street, Third Street, Walnont Street, Main Street, Fourth Street, all just seemingly right there in the center of the city. I mean, we're not talking about in you know, other notorious neighborhoods, some that have been struggling with crime for a long time, the areas that might immediately come to your mind we think about criminally related activity. This is walking around down town Cincinnati, so really giving you a feeling of comfort going on there. And then look at the headlines this morning. I'll get to them with local stories. Two teens injured in West End shooting Sunday morning, hmm seven hundred block at Chestnut Street. Three people hospitalized after a shooting near the banks Saturday morning. Three people hospitalized one thirty am a near on Walnuts Street between sixth and ninth familiar location based upon the list of the ones that preceded Saturday that I just read from police investigated incident believed to involve shots at fired at officers in Westwood Saturday night, obviously called the twenty nine hundred block west of Northern Boulevard for a person believed to be having a mental health episode. Three people have been taken to the hospital after a shooting in Winton Hills happened Saturday night ten pm. So seems we have a bit of a crime problem going on in the city of Cincinnati. And you know, this has been a terear for Christopher for a while now, and I've made comments on it too, because I share his concern. We have obviously a very left leaning mayor of the City of Cincinnati. I'm not quite sure if he is embraced completely behind the scenes or otherwise. The whole idea of defund the police, but reimagining the police is different wording for the same general topic. And so when you start sending out, you know, counselors to in little police officers. When counselors are hired as a chunk of the police officer's budget, that means there's fewer active patrol officers out there available. So someone's having a mental health breakdown, you'll get a counselor sent to that. But what happens if that devolves into criminal activity? What happens to that mental health problems results in that person with the mental health problem pulling out a firearm and starting shooting at people. Be nice to have a cop there to respond. And the budget implications if you're allocating resources that are not going to police officers, when your police force has already been depleted and running at numbers that are dangerously low, leaving a limited number of officers there to respond to actual emergency calls, you're exacerbating a thank you to the I have to approvol administration. This is the direction they're going to move in, I'm sure. And he's talked about it before Camcover, he'll probably talk about it again today, And I'm you know, police are there to pretty much clean up the mess. How do we get to an environment where we have really, in a lot of these cases, really really young people going around and getting all shooty at other people. If you're my age, did you ever even contemplate something as bat crap? And same as that breakdown of the family, social.
Speaker 4: Media just.
Speaker 2: I don't know, reminded of line from one of these racially charged incidents. Why can't we just get along anyway? Five three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three dog pound fig fifty on at and T funds away. I wish someone out there had an answer to the problem. Oh all we need to do is this, And what a horrific Moving aside, these flash floods in Texas. Have you seen the video? Oh my god, it's just amazing how quickly that the flood had an impact, how quickly the river levels rose. It was just an almost immediate thing. And now the death toll is up to at least eighty two people. Rescuers still searching for missing people, ten girls and a counselor from that camp that keeps coming up camp and Mystic, which apparently is racist too. We've got some former board official out there named Sadie Perkins, remember the Houston feud Food Insecurity Board claiming that it was just white girls and if it was Hispanic girls in the camp Mystic, then nobody would give a damn. It's just an insane and direction. It's you know, everybody's trying to make the most out of this in terms of political advantage. How do you try to take political advantage of a situation involving this tragedy. Now some may say, well, Republicans did it when it came to Los Angeles wildfires. Yes, but there is a causal connection between the mismanagement of forestry and the allocation of resources and the preparedness for a fires that everybody knew were going to come. So maybe loss of life could have been prevented, maybe loss of property could have been prevented in the leading up to it. But there were multiple warnings given to the area about this flood. I mean that twelve hours in advance. They upgraded it four hours in advance of an emergency flood, Like, somebody better pay attention. But if people are sound asleep and they're not getting the warnings that are coming from the Weather Service, then they're not going to get the warnings that are coming from the Weather Service. People were warned in advance. Seriously, do you take warnings like this when you are in a flood zone? Do you do you consider moving out when someone tells you there's flash flood warnings in your area. That seems to me, there's only so much people can do. Do you evacuate Camp Mystic because of what the Weather Service said? I may argue, yeah, you should have. Did they have a plan in place to get move people out in the event that there was an emergency issued? I don't know. Still forty one people confirmed unaccounted for, according to Governor Greg Abbott. The most recent reporting on this from yesterday evening claim they're going to be searching until everybody is found. That's told, they say is certain to rise more over the next several days. According to authorities that are on the scene there, volunteers and families of the missing who drove to the disaster zone were searching the river banks. Authorities telling them not to and stay away from it. It's dangerous, but obviously they're wanting to help out. Authorities facing growing questions about weather. Enough warnings were issued in an area along vulnerable to flooding and weather enough preparations were made. See those are the looming questions. But this isn't like it came out of nowhere. Much in the California wildfires. They didn't come out of nowhere. It's happened before. It's going to happen again. Maybe it's like the boy who cried wolf. Oh, We've gotten so many flood warnings and watches and nothing ever happened, So why would we bother paying attention to this one at this time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: National Weather Service provided over twelve hours of advanced notice via the flood watch, that's an initial cap on that, and over three hours of lead time for the flash flood warnings with escalated alerts as the storm intensified. That's according to the Department of Homeland Security who looked into the matters. And apparently some are arguing that the DOGE cuts the lack of weather forecasters somehow had something to do with this. In other words, DOGE cutting some entity of government is a causal connection with the death of these eighty two and growing number of people in Central Texas. But apparently no normally two weather forecasters on the job in that particular area. They upped it to five, so no staff shortage in connection with the weather forecasters five seventeen fifty five. Care see the talk station Emery. Federal Credit Union's got their golf outing coming up. It's a wonderful opportunity to get together. Maybe some friends put a foursome together and well help charity. Well enjoying a great day nineteenth Annuel Charity Golf Tournament benefiting since Saint Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund. It's got four Bridges Country Club again Monday, August eighteenth. So you got a great day golf, opportunity to spend a support a worthy cause and again maybe do some networking. Yeah, I've seen that go on there at the golf tournament to a few words to speak through the golfers as they head off on the great day in the round of golf. So EMORYFCU dot org the website for all for all the information and to register. EMORYFCU dot org, fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Our iHeartRadio music for Canonine first one to Wether forecast says we're going to have well mostly sunny skies until midday. Cold front apparently coming in. Scattered storms are possible, trenchill downpourns likely after noon. I have eighty seven overnight low of seventy with partly clottisky's just a slight chance of rain, partly clotty, very human tomorrow, isolated afternoon storms of possibility eighty six for the high overnight low of seventy with partly clottyskis and muggy conditions and Wednesday body with stormy, rainy outflook the rest of the week eighty three for the high on Wednesday seventy four degrees. Right now, the five KRCD talk station five went three seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talks found five fifty on eighteen and t phunds the student observations from the executives. So the fifty five KC Morning Show, Joe Strecker, I was asking if people had any ideas about how to stop the violence in downtown. You know, what's the origin of it? Why does it seem to get worse? Why don't parents seem to really care where their young people are at any given hour of the day. Well, the silence is definitely from the mayor of the City of Cincinnati on the topic. We know that he alerted me, Joe advised me that police Chief three so that Thiji was out of town over the weekend. I hadn't read that. I trust Joda's word. Why would he lie to me? But if you're going to schedule a vacation and you're the chief of police. How prudent is it to go out of town on one of the busier holiday weekends, most notably when the temperatures are through the roof and violence tends to get a little more. He didn't know if no pun intended. When the temperatures are up in the humidity, it's a known phenomenon. People talk about it all the time. The summer heats on its way, violence is going to increase. People don't play it as nicely together when they're heating. So I'm not sure you can say anything about the absence of police Chiefdiji and uptick in the violence over the weekend. But I thought that the violences. Didn't they suspend e scooters and red bikes, Joe, I wasn't that supposed to solve the problem? Yeah, okay, so that's phase one of your proposals. Stop all red bikes and e scooters and then tell all the young people to go skating midnight, roller skating and it's all over. Well, they've got that, and they suspended the e bike and the red bike use over the weekend. That didn't seem to have any impact. But the other component, I don't know if it's phase one or Phase three or Phase two factor it in there. As I read the list of crimes, and they seem to be concentrated in a particular area of downtown y I got Court Street, you got Walnut Street, you got I mean Main Street, over and over again. Thefts, violence, assaults, that kind of thing. It's the streetcar line. A lot of these crimes occur on the streetcar line. So Phase three or one or two is shut down the street car maybe it won't happen anymore. Just a thought, just the thought and the impact. Speaking of law enforcement, I thought this was rather frightening. Fortunately, we don't live in New York City, where the leftist Zorhan Mondomini is widely predicted to be the next mayor. Is scaring the living hell out of people who live in New York, scaring the living hell about across the political spectrum, even within the Democrat Party, who are trying to scramble to figure out how it helld is they can pull the plug on this COMMI well, police officers also pulling the plug on this commedy they have. They're leaving New York police in record numbers, and there's warnings that if this Zorhan Mandomi is elected a mayor, they're going to lose more police officers. As of this week, one five hundred and fifty five officers have filed for retirement, described as a forty eight percent increase from those who left during the same period last year, a sixty five percent increase from a decade ago, when only nine hundred and forty one cops turned in their badges. This is data from the Police Benevolent Association, says the union leaders told put the New York Posts are not aware of any point in New York Police Department history when we retirements in the first half of the year have reached this level. They say it's being driven in large part by the growing concern that the Mondomni platform in Redick would make policing in New York City even more untenable. He's previously called the New York Police Department wicked and corrupt. He's also saying it's it previously said it should be dismantled. I'm sure that's great for morale for the Cincini Police, for the New York City Police Department. But this is a guy who out loud regularly complains about and has historically complained about police. Generally speaking, it's part of the problem, the problem with the system. I don't know the mayor, Aftab Purval has out loud complained to the level of the communist Mondomni, But again going back to the silence, the fact that he's not out there supporting police and asking neighborhoods to cooperate with police on a regular basis in order to deal with the violence that we're facing a downtown Cincinnati. I think it's reflective of maybe we can read into what his position is relative to the police department. Maybe the leftist mayor of the city of Cincinnati is afraid of irking some of the far left within his own party and decides, well, it's better to just remain quiet and not say anything in favor of police, but not say anything against police. Just shut up and hide in my basement. Five twenty six five KRC the talk station USA premium phone in the exterior walls of your home. It's the right way to go. It saves you money and improves your comfort. A lot of hot and humid days dating the obvious, and you'd be in a much better position to deal with the heat and humidity going on right now. If the premium phone was in the walls, you could be under insulated. You could have no insulation in there, which is why USA is happy to come to your place and provide you with a free quote, not enough installation of the walls. The phone goes along with the old underperforming insulation. It's the highest R value phone in the market, guaranteeing you savings and maybe enough savings monthly to cover the monthly payment which is only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. Lots of folks are are saving more than that. Face that the energy bill is just keep going up and up.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Also beat the heat and beat the cold in the winter time as well. Last all year long, twelve hun dollars energy tax credit available for you next year if you do the right thing and foam your home free quote free inspection three eight one three six two six three three eight one foam online USA Insulation dot net.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio statement.
Speaker 2: Talks forty Where the hell that comes from? Five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Oh look, thank you, Joe. Joe's paying attention to news. This morning, five thirteen a m. Release Local twelve reporting that one killed in a shooting in a sense a neighborhood, specifically Avondale, Avondale, one thirty am. Hutchins Avenue, reading Road. Hey over to the phone's order, which they received. Tom's first, Tom, Welcome to the morning show, Happy Monday. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I had a pretty good weekend.
Speaker 5: How about you?
Speaker 2: Oh it was great, always great, having a three day weekend. Absolutely enjoyed it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The US, that story in Texas, that's sad. I don't want to get too political about that. There's really not much political about it to me. It's just, uh, it's it's taking advantage of cheap property down in a river valley, and that's just an unfortunate consequence you might get out of that. So well, people around here, I mean people around here understand that clearly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know it's terrain based, it's weather based. I mean, who who in the hell could predict you the twelve inches of rain in like an hour or something crazy like that. I was like it was somebody flipped the switch, the flood started and it just immediately inundated the area that I don't know there's anything you can prepare for. Are you gonna uh re terrain the entire area cut out the valley somehow I bulldoze it or something. So no, it's a flood prone area based upon the geography, and you know, the warnings were issued. There's only so much you can do. I feel terribly for those folks though. If you look at the end of the water flowing, Oh my lord, who could have expected something like that?
Speaker 8: Whoa something that we all desperately need badly. But man, they can do some severe day image we had. We had that in our building here right after right actually right before we opened it, there was a there was some water issues because of a big heavy rain that we got about a month or so ago. So yeah, it's it's water. Is water to be really really bad. So there's, like I said, there's people around here that do all too well. I did want to touch on this whole issue with the University of Pennsylvania and uh that it sounds like they fixed it, got it right. Uh, but what whate it would we be if Trump had won the election? Would that had ever happened? And uh, you know there's an article there was an article about a particular young lady that had to She was assigned to locker right next to this dude, and she would go over to the other side of the locker room to change or or use a different locker room across the hall or whatever. And and look, I understand you're being put in a bad position, but that's the time to speak up. And uh, you know, they're talking about their their their careers and their futures being threatened. That's the time to speak up. And the more of them to speak up, the better, you know. The biggest voice we heard through that whole thing was Riley Gaines. And he didn't even go to school there, So I don't want to bash on his young lady. I understand she was she was in a bad position, but but that's the time to speak up and say, now, this is not right and this is not fair. We're not doing this. I'm not even gonna step onto this platform to swim if this is going to be the conditions I got to be, you know, work under. So yeah, thank god that Trump won the election and and that you know, some some wrongs have been righted, and hopefully more to come. And and uh, the only way to keep this going people is don't vote Democrat. I have a great day, Brian.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tom, You do the same well. And it takes a very very strong young person to stand up in the face of this what seems to be overwhelming support for men competing against women. That is not true. The support is not overwhelming poll after poll after poll. So is that eighty percent of the American population, people of all political stripes, are against the concept of men competing against women in sports. You wouldn't know that based on social media, but you run the risk of all kinds of problems, and young emotionally sensitive girls, women, you know, have a lot to put you at stake. If they open their mouth and speak out against that notion, They're going to get docs, They're going to get their fixtures posted all over the place. They're going to get you know, probably violent emails and death threats for daring to say the obvious. So it's a huge decision making thing. And I can understand fear being an impediment to getting out there and talking about your experience and how terrible it was having to compete against a man and having to see his junk in a locker room. That's emotionally traumatic for many young women. There's bad enough. You got to be in there and you have to have body elements. You're looking at your fellow women, and maybe you're feeling sort of, you know, a little concerned about your body as it relates to the other women in the room. Yeah, oh I'm fat compared to so and so. Hell, you got that going for you already, But now here comes a guy with his junk hanging out. I just can't imagine that struggle five thirty six fifty five K City Talks Station. Although I can't imagine someone's reluctance to say something out loud about it. How about fifteen hundred and fifty dollars off? That's serious money. It's off a new carrier comforting system from my friends at Zimmer Heating and Cooling. No one wants to lose their air conditioning at this time of year. Of course, no one ever wants to lose their heat in the wintertime, but it does happen now. Zimberal service anything you got, they do great work. They're a wonderful of customer service. That's how they've been well around for coming up on eighty years. Third generation family owner operated. But every once in a while in the life of home ownership you get some bad news news and having to replace your whole system is not great news, right, But saving fifteen hundred and fifty dollars takes the sting out of that. So get in touch with Zimmer. You can schedule appointment one of two ways. Call him up five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five one ninety eight ninety three, schedule appointment. To learn about all the services Zimmer offers, head on over to go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Behold the boot.
Speaker 2: Five forty one. If it's five KRCE talk station, you're having a happy Monday. FOP President Kenkober at seven oh five on the violence, which seems to be getting worse in the city. Follow like Christopher smitheman, don't know what he's going to tear have a tear on, but something tells me he's going to be on the same topic. Could be wrong. We'll find out together. At seven twenty, let's go to the phone. Se A Jay's guy, Jay, thanks for holding over the break, my friend. Welcome back to the Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Hey, thanks Brian.
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm not a bit surprised that the violence in Cincinnati and New York City and all these major metropolitan areas. It's the predictable outcome of voting Democrat, which is defund police and everything else that comes along with communism. What does surprise me is where is the Republican Party ad machine? Do they not understand don't let a good crisis go to waste? And we've always said that the recent people, because it's the people of Cincinnati that are voting for this, it's the people of New York City that are voting for that communist mayor, just like they voted for our communist mayor. Where is the Republican Party with all of the funding, all of their resources. Where are the billboards and the full on ad campaigns to start out and to have you had enough yet you've run a city for forty years. Here's your crime rates. We can't help you if you don't invite us in. So, if you like the way things are, keep voting Democrat. Otherwise give Republicans a chance. Where is Alex Tranthefila, the head of the Republican Party. I would love to have his input of are you guys even trying on these metropolitan areas? Are you just turning your back on those folks walking away from where the big population centers are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean you need candidates to run as Republicans, and I know they're a handful of them now coming up on the council. There's two Republicans runering for council, and of course we have Corey Bowman running for mayor. Honestly, I feel as though just the Republican Party gave up. It's like they brought the flag outs, like screw it. You know, Hamilton County is all blue. There's not a damn thing we can do. We don't have any candidates to run, We don't have any candidates support. All we could do would be running issue campaigns, like you say, but with no alternative to the Democrats that are actually running and have you know, pulled papers and signed up to try to get elected. I mean, it's one thing to have a message, which I think they do. It's another thing for someone to be the carrier and bearer of that message in an election. And therein lies a big challenge for at least Hamilton County. I can't speak to the entire state. Of course, alex is the head of the Republican Party for the state of Ohio now, so he's got more than just the you know, Hamilton County area to to deal with. But as far as Hamilton County leadership goes, I have no clue. Jay. I understand where you're coming from, and I agree there should be some sort of marketing effort. But if you don't have someone to run under that banner, were left without a choice. I hate to have to say it over to the stack is stupid. New York Post reporting on this one, the Brazilian butt lift. You may have heard of it. It's made it into the stack is stupid quite a few times, usually in connection with someone getting a butt lift procedure with silicone bought from a home depot and done in a motel six. Don't do that, considered dangerous procedure by experts, experts the possibility of death, infection, and more. New York Post saying it's not just surgery risk, but there is a rather bizarre and gross side effect that goes along with it, something you might want to consider before getting it done. Doctor Eric Anderson and from Chicago based impressions face and body. I guess that's a plastic surgery outfit quote. The BBL smell is real unexpected side effect, often described as a musty or sour smell qRT. An entity called South Shore Plastic Surgery Team of experts that the smell is often expected for BBL patients after sweating or sitting for long periods, but other factors like tissue death described as a BBL complication, and unhygienic habits that could cause someone with a BBL to have a smelly behind. According to doctor Anderson, he said if a patient was overfilled with fat during the procedure, fat neck crosis, when the faty tissue in the butt dies, can occur. Rancid smell can develop as a consequence of the death of the tissue. So when there's more fat in area than the bodies, then the blood supply allows the fat we'll die through a smelly process called fat necrosis, which can lead to infections and for antibiotics, hospitalization, and even sepsis. Say it's another obvious cause of the BBL smell. Patients struggle cleaning their bottoms because I guess their butt's gotten too big. Then because of the surgery that they asked for to make their butt big idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, all right. Uh, many potential risks come with getting a BBL. One woman revealed that Senner went this two times because the first one, in her word, died scarlet black. A lot of the fat that's reinjecting into your buttocks actually dies, like fifty percent or sometimes more. For this BBL, we focused on lifting my butt and putting volume in it. Apparently she has spent thirty six thousand dollars on plastic surgeries in order to describe in order to get what she described as a dream body, and even after going through fat and necrosis, she's go ahead and doing it again. By forty six fifty five KRC detalk station. Well, that's why it's in this stack. Stupid QC kinetics for pain, arthritic pain, hip pain, knee pain, shoulder pain. You know you don't have to go unto the knife. You've probably been through the multiple cycles of steroid shots, and now this s words come up surgery. Well, how about something. It's helped a lot of people get their lives back together without more beds, without going under the knife. It's QC Kinetics leaders in regenerative medicine using treatments like advanced cellular therapy and platelet rich plasma which actually help your body heel itself, is not masking the pain that goes to the root of the problems. Cellular treatments contain growth factors and healing properties which maximize your own body's ability to heal itself, and they've had like ninety two percent patient satisfaction rate with this. These are numbers I got from them. That seems pretty damn impressive considering your options are limited to perhaps surgery, so take them up on the free consultations. Licensed medical providers go over your X rays and mrin to see if you're a good fit for these through treatments. But it starts with a free consultation. You may be eligible for this. QC Kinetics can be reached five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 1: Nine fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 4: Here is nine.
Speaker 2: First went wefule ks two day skinner showers as possible. They see torrential downpours are also likely after noon today. Today's high eighty seven, mostly sunny until midday, partly cloudy over night, chancer rain well of seventy, humid and partly cloudy tomorrow, isolated afternoons on the possibility eighty six for the high day to seventy overnight just described as muggy and cloudy Wednesday with a high of eighty three seventy four down time for traffic.
Speaker 10: From the u See Health Traffic Center. You see health as expert trauma care focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at u seehealth dot com. No accidents out there right now, but keep in mind that Cold Raine closed off due to construction both directions between US twenty seven and Day Road and otherwise seventy five no delays from two seventy five and share and build a downtown On that he sounds like I'm fifty five KRCB talk station.
Speaker 2: Five fifty one, fifty five KRCD talk Station Brian Thomas back to the stack is stupid, epic stupidity on this one. Fortunately, no one harmed, except for the business man accused of utilizing a business card to spend thousands of dollars in unauthorized purchases on only fans and fans lely, I think those are sordid websites if I recall correctly. Anyway, Streetport the police department detectives on the hunt for Matthew Allen accused of making unauthorized purchases totally nearly seven thousand dollars using a business credit card. On the post on Facebook Sjriff's department, you literally can't make this stuff up. Let's just say his taste and expenses raised more than a few eyebrows.
Speaker 1: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 2: I think that you also net a phrasing one on the way they put that statement. It raised more than a few eyebrows. You get it. They revealed to totally nearly forty nine thousand dollars in stolen front from this guy being sought by authorities for theft, access to device fraud. Apparently he has been picked up. Go figure this one out. Two Illinois youth baseball coaches fired after being caught on video streaking on a baseball diamond in front of players at the Cooperstown Tournament in New York. Why are you doing that? I don't think we'll ever find out. Apparently, Lake Bluff Youth Baseball Association said they're working with law enforcement authorities, mostly because the coach is stripped down in the presence of children. You can even hear children laughing in the video that shows the two nude men's one sprawling over home played in a New York baseball field. Chose the men on the diamond bearing it all in the presence of children. Boys usually playing the Lake Bluff Field in Chicago's northern suburbs, or members of the Lake Bluff Youth Baseball Association, which had been around more than seventy years. Last weekend at the Cooperstown All Star Village in Onionata, New York, close enough coaches for reasons unknown. There's the answer to your question, Joe, we don't know Cotton a video decided run around naked on the field, forcing the team to be disqualified in the local Sheriff's apartment in New York to be called Injriff's office said Deputies Corps responded to the Cooperstown All Star Village after security asked the two men to leave, but they refused. However, by the time the deputy showed up, the men had left, as well as all potential witnesses. Everyone cleared out of the park. Deputies tried to interview anyone involved after obtaining the video, but then the team had returned home to Illinois Baseball Association. Boarding the statement, it's deeply distressed to learn about the recent situation involving Lake Bluff or treating this matter of the utmost seriousness and have contacted relevant authorities who will continue to support those authorities and their investigation of the matter. We have also taken immediate decisive action by terminating the assistant coaches involved. However, the Sheriff's office said they will not face criminal charges. Accord to the Sheriff's office statement, the case was reviewed by the Ostego County DA, which advised that prosecution was declined due to the level of criminality involved in the fact that all the parties reside out of state. It's not to prosecute a case when all your witnesses are, you know, about one thousand miles away. I suppose five fifty five. Larry, I'm sorry out of time, but I will happy to take your call off to the top of the arts. You don't mind holding for a few minutes. I'd love to hear it from me. Don't go away. I planned to talk about in the six o'clock hour and maybe starting off with Larry, we'll see.
Speaker 11: A full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRS the talk station is your retire Two decades after nine to eleven, have we learned nothing? The Glenn Vec program week days at nine on fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: Suntil five the fifty five kr CD talk station Bright time. It's right here, wishing everyone a very happy Monday. Try to make it so anyway, always a good day to listen to fifty five krc Morning Show because we get Christopher Smithman at seven to twenty, former Vice Mayor with the Smither Vent, preceded this morning by Ken Coulber FOP President Ken Cover since I Police Department Union talking about violence and a lot of violence, including the first thing this morning, we got yet another shooting in downtown Cincinnati. Uh So smith min at seven twenty. Then Christina Hall from the Cincinniva joins the program at seven forty to talk about some veterans related issues. Let's go to the phones. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred and eight hundred and eighty two three talk Larry, Thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, thank you. I was wondering about I know a lady i'll call her Sally, watches these sites that have I don't know if you call the conspiracy theories, but I haven't heard you mentioned anything about the cloud seating. My cospect that they're all singing that it's causing all those floods.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: You know, I was originally a total skeptic on this. Now I don't necessarily I have not drawn any conclusions whether the flooding that happened in Texas has any relationship whatsoever to the chemtrail phenomenon, you know, the cloud seeding otherwise interfering with the weather patterns. But I did have in front of me and wanted to bring it up. Representative Marjorie Taylor Green is introduced to build on a federal level aimed at outlawing geoengineering practices and banning the release and injection to chemicals into the atmosphere which are intended to alter weather or temperature or sunlight or whatever. So I found interesting because and this is the timing thing, Larry, I wanted to bring that up because last weekend we were out enjoying a we rented a house. We were charity were the high bidders at a charity auction for the cure starts now, and so we were on the lake in southern Indiana and my kids looked up and they say, look, it's chem trails. And I'm like, oh God, here we go. Now it's just exhaust from the airplane. But no. Flying at a very high altitude, you could see the plane and it was it was ejecting what I believe was kem trail because it started and stopped. It was a very deliberate pattern. You could watch these huge billowing clouds come out from otherwise what would be the contrail, a multiply larger fog like coming out of the plane. And then it would stop and the plane would travel on for a certain amount of distance and then it would come back on again. So you have this this series of lines in the sky. And then they did another loop and came back and kept criss crossing, So that to me raised a lot of red flags first time at coming up on sixty years of age in September that I had ever witnessed that phenomenon. So does it have any connection with the outrageous flooding. I don't know, but obviously it's reached the level of Representative Green's attention, and Florida had already banned that type of activity from happening a dysantis issue. Had a statement on that which I can read. It's quite frightening. So yeah, apparently elected officials, people in high positions, people who presumably have the data, the information and knowledge, you know, what's really going on, are taking note of it and now moving forward to stop it from happening. So I'll let you conclude whether or not it happened and caused this severe flooding in Texas. It's not the first time we've had that kind of flooding, but I guess it remains a possibility given the level of attention some rather prominent elected officials are bringing them to the concept. Let's see what Keith Scott, Keith, thanks for calling this morning, Welcome of the Morning Show.
Speaker 13: Hi Brian, how you doing okay.
Speaker 2: For a Monday.
Speaker 14: I wanted to talk about something of a very serious matter that happened in the Middle East last night, and it's getting no coverage in our country because of all the coverage about the flooding in Texas and also the big beautiful Bill. But I'm not sort of kind of not knocking our news media for that, but this is a very serious matter, and how I found out about it was on the BBC Radio News and also on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation Radio News. Last night about six point thirty a Greek ship Okay was attacked in the Red Sea. And it's a scary attack because it was attacked by boats drone boats packed up with explosives, and then after that it was attacked by boats of puties. Also maybe they're friends of Somali pirates attacking the ship with RPGs and the ship was also attacked by two rockets fired from Yemen.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez. I did see that there was a ship attack, but I didn't read a whole lot about it. I know it's out there being reported. I guess I'm kind of curious since this kind of attack on ships has been going on now for quite some time, and it's certainly hopefully going to be addressed in these various peace talks that are going on. But the fact remains that there are crazy militant groups out there and fundamentalist groups out there that still have weapons. And how are you going to stop that from happening? And why do you perceive this to be some sort of graver or concerning development when again, it's not the first time this has happened.
Speaker 14: Well, ships have been attacked in the past, but nothing like this. This is a new thing, these drone ships packed with explosives. Yeah, and this is a threat to the entire Persian Gulf, the Strait of Hormuves and the Red Sea. I mean, this is serious. And since it was a Greek ship that was attacked, or remember of NATO this week, they could I'm not saying they will, but if they got the cohones to do it, they would ask for an emergency NATO meeting, and since they were attacked in international waters, asked for Article five, All for one, One for all and another thing too. Information I've found out in the area surrounding Greece, their friends like Italy and the other countries surrounding Italy and Greece are very very mad about this that happened last night. None of this is getting reported in our news meeting in our country, and this is a danger to the entire Red Sea, like I said, the Strait of hor moves and the Persian Gulf. This new situation of these drone sick ships packed with explosives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I my understanding, and I think we can all conclude those are probably pretty easy to come by or easy to build yourself. I mean, remote control boats have been around since I was a little kid, and they've only gotten obviously much more technologically advanced. But yeah, I'm just an Associated Press story about exactly what you're talking about. Greek owned bulk carrier Magic Seas fell on the Houthis that's suspicion anyway, on the Houthies, although they haven't claimed responsibility for it. Bomb carrying drone boats hit the shift after it was targeted by small arms and rocket propelled grenades, so it was a multi prong attack as you suggest. But yeah, this, I mean, how does one deal with the threat again in a world where it's almost like a world where more and more people have nuclear weapons, more and more people. Countries, even very poor countries and crazy houthy rebel groups can acquire these types of weapons, and they're not under particular hierarchical structure. I don't know that Iran's Ayatola is making these or telling these folks to commit these types of acts. There are lots of rogue actors out there. So you could negotiate peace, and you can get every Arab country in the Abraham Accords and agree that we're all going to sort of be peacefully coexisting together. And yet there's always a handful of nut jobs out in the world who are willing to go ahead and do something thiss like this because they don't believe in what their elected officials are doing. So it's reported here sharly before midnight in yame In, Israel's military issue to warning of for three hoofy held ports and said air strikes would begin shortly. So we may see some Israeli air strikes coming. But yeah, I don't know how you eradicate that as a threat. Our world is far more dangerous than it ever has been, at least from my perspective. New Hampshire, Gary, Let's see what Gary's god this morning thanks for calling the program. Gary. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 15: Good to hear from you. I hope you have a fantastic Fourth of July. By the way, on those boats, yeah, no.
Speaker 2: I's gonna say I slept in so it was fantastic.
Speaker 15: Well that's great, Ryan, that's good.
Speaker 3: I'm glad.
Speaker 7: You do a hell of a job.
Speaker 5: You really do.
Speaker 15: Hey, on the boat thing, if you you know, I pay attention to military things, the boat things that the Ukraine is actually they print those boats out.
Speaker 8: They're printing the suicide boats.
Speaker 15: Out for the printer, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll let you know how cheap.
Speaker 15: And fast things can go. But Hey, on your chim trails, I am a certified aircraft mechanic. I did it for the military for almost thirty years. I am here to tell you the chim trails that turn off and all, it's not so much a conspiracy. It depends on the humidity and the air and the water moisture content that the engines are taking in which make it appear like they turn off and on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I spur to it.
Speaker 8: Well, it was the government.
Speaker 15: Actually doing things like you know, spraying atmosphere, trying to change the weather.
Speaker 3: Probably you know, I know it's not chem trails.
Speaker 2: Well you know, but so many other people claim to know contrary. And again this is the first time I witness it. It seemed deliberately being turned on and off. The pattern was very irregular. It wasn't like it was a sporadic thing. And since the plane was not changing altitude, the atmospheric conditions at least from what I understand, couldn't have changed in such a small space that I'm staring at. But it was a deliberate, deliberate on and off, and very clear difference between the cam trail that obviously was following the plane and this huge outburst of whatever was being released, at least again from my standpoint on the ground watching it happen, and the fact that it was criss crossing. This plane was not going any particular place. It was going back and forth in a very deliberate pattern. It finished one pass, it turned around and came back and did another pass or two or three. So that doesn't make any sense for me. So lots of questions, And then again you got this. Let yeah, I know, I don't know what to see. Couple that, couple that Gary with with the Florida's recent action banning this from happening, and Marjorie Taylor Green's now introducing a bill on a federal level to stop it from happening. Seems to me either it must be happening out there, whether or not I witnessed it, or it's something that could be explained away by your your comments. Maybe some of it could be explained away by that, but why all the attention being brought to it now? Anyway? Appreciate calling me amster Gary six sixteen coping with six seventeen fifty five KRC detalk station. How about a place to unwind, relax, contemplate, engage in prayer, reflect on the value and meaning of life. And that's what Gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery is all about. You know, they invite you to reflect on their mission, which is honoring life on sacred ground. More than a cemetery, it's a sacred space where the dignity of every person's respected life is honored from beginning to end, whether it's through birth, life milestones, passing into eternal life. Gate of Heaven recognizing and revers the sacredness of every phase of the human journey and their cemetery offers a tranquil landscape surrounding, which is ideal for prayer reflection. And remember, it's creating a comforting experience for visitors and all are welcome to experience the peace on this sacred ground. So to learn more about Gate of Heaven and all that they offer, it's Gate of Heaven dot org. Gate of Heaven dot org.
Speaker 16: Fifty five KRC this.
Speaker 2: Is great twenty one fifty about KARCD talk station Heavy Monday, one hour from now. Christopher smithmen with the spleen vent. He's wound up today. He warned me in advance yesterday he's going to be on fire today, which he typically. Let's go to the phone, se what John's got this morning? John, thanks so much for calling the morning show. And happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Happy Monday, Brian. Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, sir, A loud and clear.
Speaker 5: Good. Just starting to sound like a real conspiracy theorist.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was unusual timing that I see that that happen with my own eyes for the very first time, because I never ever believed in the whole concept the kem trails versus contrails. I always thought, like the last caller, all it is is the exhaust the airplane at different humidity levels creates something that's either going to last or it's going to be neatly disappear. You're not going to notice it. But then there was this jet up there with a distinct pattern going back and forth. And my kids are all of the belief that chemtrails are a thing. And then I come home and I read over the weekend about this legislation on a federal level for Marjorie Taylor Green on the heels of again, Florida already passing center Bill fifty six, which prohibits geoengineering a weather modification from airplanes. So if guv Or Desanta's believes it, and the Florida legislature believes it, and at least some members of Congress believe it, maybe there is something to it. I'm still jury out on it though, John, I haven't concluded one way or another.
Speaker 17: Oh, well, you might want to find out, like what it is that they're dropping on you.
Speaker 2: It would be nice.
Speaker 5: Starters, That's just one thing.
Speaker 2: It would be nice to know this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you might might want to look into that. So yeah, I mean, I've.
Speaker 18: Known this for years, but just got laughed at, just like I got laughed at and black balled over the whole uh COVID nineteen, you know the shots, the mRNA shots, got happing blackballed about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it goes on and on.
Speaker 17: I got laughed and blackballed when I was down there when I knew Cincinnati was going to become a sanctuary city, when I was down there fighting against that and pleading my case in front of mister Cranley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's one pretty much. That's but that leads me. I just got one simple.
Speaker 17: Question, Like before Chris gets on and does his rant, I wish somebody would ask him why he voted for Cincinnati to become sanctuary city. Since you know, he's such a so called maverick's been wondering if somebody's ever going to ask him that question.
Speaker 5: Did he actually vote?
Speaker 2: I didn't recall.
Speaker 5: That well looking up public records.
Speaker 2: I don't deny that it's public record, John, I just personally no personal recollection. It's like I have no personal decision making with regard to whether kem Trail's are a real problem or not. I'm just learning more information much in the same way we've all learned more like since COVID, wheneverybody was getting ousted and ostracized and docks and blacklisted because they spoke truth to power. As it turns out what they were saying was actually the truth versus what we were being fed by way of information. We had to wait to find that out though, you know, the information trickles out very slowly. And look here I'll pivot over to this one. See as we learn more and more about JFK's assassination of what the CIA knows that only took decades, fbis now determined that Jeffrey Epstein had no client list, so don't wait for that anymore. Also, he apparently didn't blackmail anyone, and he definitely killed himself new reporting that has come out on that. Do you believe that, in the face of all the conspiracy theories and all the promises that we would get the client list and all the information, Mam, maybe not. Bill. You're gonna have to hang on if you don't mind for a moment. I love to take your call, but amount of time. It is six twenty five right now, and I want to mention and refer everybody to affordable imaging services, low overhead, but the same type of equipment hospitals use for images, echo cardiograms, MRI, CT scans, ultrasounds. They are affordable. Literally by comparison, I guess you might think that, well, oh, I don't know, eight hundred with an enhancement, echo cardiogram sounds unaffordable. Compare that to thirty five hundred dollars or more which you would pay at the imaging department at a high hospital. Clearly far more affordable. MRIs thirty five hundred dollars at a hospital four ninety five without an enhancement, CT scans five grand at a hospital four point fifty without a contrast, only six hundred with a contrast. Every image of done by affordable imaging comes with the board certified radiologists report in the report in the price. I've used these before, I've had images there before. Not to peep out of my doctors about the concern with the report or the images. Everything is fine. It's the same kind of equipment. Hospitals use. People operating this equipment for decades. They know what they're doing. So exercise your choice. You have a choice five one three seven five three eight thousand, five to one three, seven, five, three eight thousand. Visit them online at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 16: Fifty five KRC six point thirty.
Speaker 2: Here fifty five KERCD talk station. I do have a bill on the line posmon moment, Bill, and promised to kick your call right out of the gab. But I need to correct the record. Our last caller was wrong. It only took jail about thirty seconds. Yes, there is a public record. And CHRISTOPHS. Smithment wasn't even there for the vote. He did not vote for sanctuary cities. He was home taking care of his cancer stricken wife voting against it. Amy Murray and Liz Keating, oh Winburn, Charlie Winburn. So there you have it. Record corrected. Christopher Smithman was not there.
Speaker 1: Over the photos.
Speaker 2: Let's you a Bill's guide. Hey, Bill, thanks for holding over the break. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 13: Morning Brian, Hey on their rain and everything you were talking about about five years ago, four years ago, twenty twenty twenty one, can't remember which date. A volcano exploded in the ocean over and pop in New Guinea, and it shot up so much water in the stratosphere that they said last year that only three percent has fallen to the earth.
Speaker 2: I have heard. I've heard that before. A lot of the quote unquote climate shames that they claim as a consequence of you and I breathing was really the consequence of that particular type of phenomenon happening with all that water vapor in the air.
Speaker 13: Well, you can actually go on YouTube and watch that Hong to Tonga because they show it from outer space.
Speaker 8: When it blows up, it's just phenomenal to watch.
Speaker 13: And uh, but as far as the chem trails go, you know, that could be an airplane that's trying to land and like Indianapolis has a delay for a little while, and or or you know Saint Louis. That's how if they were up that far, that's what could could have been. Could as far as they could have been to where they were delayed. But yeah, I look up that, look up that Honga Tonga.
Speaker 2: I've seen that one. Yeah, I've seen that before, Bill, And there's a lot of you know, sound science behind that concept when you put that much water vapor up into the higher atmospheric levels.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, you know, I always wondered how much fell this year. They said last year three percent only fell, so seems like they got their act together on some sign stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, at minimum, Bill, it illustrates it's a very complex thing. It's not one size fits all. You and I are not personally responsible for every change in the weather. No geologic history. It's been changing, and it ever changes constantly, ebbing and flowing. I mean, this is why I'm not a believer in you and I being responsible.
Speaker 13: Brian. If you knew how many volcanoes you usually puff up, yeah, a day, it's like fifteen of them. I mean, there's like, you know, volcano eruptions a day. Now they're just spewing a little bit of ash or or shooting off. But I mean, it's it's a violent world out there we live.
Speaker 2: It is, and and every action, like every natural thing like that or even a forest fire and negates every single third that every human being in the globe is engaged in to reduce their carbon dioxide output. One volcano, one giant forest fire, eradicates literally everything we're chasing our tail on this.
Speaker 8: Can I bring up something real quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 13: Last year they had a big hailstorm down in Texas, and so many of them mirrors or whatever they're called solar panels got destroyed, and all them people down there were yet belly aching about the chemical on the ground. I would love to see somebody doing something about that, as far as the EPA, because they never went down there to try to clean that up. I forget what little county it was in, but you know, there's like seventeen football fields of that stuff down there.
Speaker 2: Now, they pick and choose what they want to focus on. I mean, think about the oil companies. If one bird dies as a consequence of interaction with any oil spill on any duction facility, the EPA goes after them and finds a living crap out of them. Go walk beneath all the windmills out in Indiana and see if you don't find a bunch of dead bird carcasses laying around there. Will the EPA do something about that? Will the any other of the government agencies designed to protect wildlife to do anything about that? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that bill. It's a question of whose ox is being gored, And if you're gonna go with the oil company's ox, that's aoka. But we can't let anything like pollution or dead birds and bats interfere with our pursuit of zero carbon emissions. Goes back to the earlier point, chasing your trail, trying to beat that uphill battle. Six point thirty five fifty five carec Detalk Station, Thanks for the call. Bill five hun three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Take care of your safety right now it comes to fireplace is this isn't a better time to take care of your safety than right now when I presume you're not using the fireplace or the free standing stuff, and there's a possibility that you could burn your house down, and you don't want that to happen. With my wood burners out and by woodburning friends out there. It's a kreoso build up. It's naturally occurring phenomenon when you're burning wood, it builds up too much, it catches fire, which can do a couple of things. Crack the lining, which is a problem in and of itself, but also burn your house down. The proper maintenance and unclean chimney flu can lead to dangerous home fire. So call chimney Care, fireplace and stove and take advantage of the special that's going on, which is the wood burning sweeping evaluation only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine. You will be safe and ready to run when the weather temperatures drop. Get it taken care of now so you can with peace of mind fire up that fireplacement it gets cold out only one sixty nine to ninety nine. That's a great price for the wonderful piece of mind. You get full video camera inspection of the flu to make sure it's not cracked and no other problems that You get a certified chimney sweep doing the work. They do everything. Any problems. The Koindab'll let you know about it, including folks out there that don't have wood burners, Like I don't have to worry about kreosoap, but you do have to worry about water damage. Care Fireplace is to now offering a free love that word, free exterior evaluation protect your chimney from water damage. Book the appointment David A plus is a better business buil have been around since nineteen eighty eight. Great showroom with tons of items for sale. You can learn more by going to the website Chimneycarecode dot com. Schedule appointment right there. Chimneycarecode dot com or call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station, the Free.
Speaker 2: Six forty fifty five kr S talk station. Yeah, Bigfoot's coming on in Lil Brian James for Monay Monday at eight oh five. Strange turn of events here in the morning show, Joe thinks it's now an extension of the Overnight program, which I regularly make fun of. No, Bigfoot does not exist, and there are no lizard people. But are there chemtrails? And again I experienced this over last weekend. I have no explanation for it. It's the first time I've ever seen it. A very It was a jet, very high altitude and a very distinct pattern of on off with this billowing cloud coming out of the back of the air airplane that it would shut off and the plane would travel a certain distance and it would come on again, and the plane went back and forth and back and forth. Now I can't explain that. I'm not saying that they were doing something nefarious or purining down aluminum or whatever people believe are in the chemtrails. But it was clearly a distinct on off concept that was going on, and the fact that it was doing lapse back and forth seemed inconsistent with anything a normal like airline, a passenger airliner would be doing. And then I start doing research for the program over the weekend. This weekend, and I see the Representative Margie Taylor Greens now introduced a federal piece of federal legislation happened over the weekend at outlawing geoengineering practices and banning the injection to release the chemicals into the atmosphere intended to alter weather, temperature, or sunlight, making the act a felony offense targeting both private and government efforts to manipulate the climate through artificial means. Now, if you don't believe it, and I understand that because I was a total non believer until last weekend and now I'm just sort of sitting on the fence wondering, HM, that was an odd phenomenon I witnessed. But now we have people in high elected capacity that are saying it does in fact exist, so much so that we need legislation to ban it. Now, I have to believe on some level that they have scientific research or other research that at least convinced them. That is a concern that we need to worry about, insomuch insofar as we need a criminal law to stop it, said, I'm introducing a bilit of prohibacy injection, released or dispersion of chemicals or substances into the atmosphere the express purpose of altering weather, temperature, climate, or sunlight intensity will be a felony offense, according to her post on X now that her bill is not the first out of the gate to do this. It's modeled after a bill that just passed in Florida, sent it Bill fifty six, which prohibits all forms of geo engineering and weather modification aimed at altering Florida's atmosphere. Bands activities inject release, disperse chemicals, compounds, substances, or equipment into the atmosphere with the intent to alter temperature, weather, climate, or sunlight intents and e violations considered now a third degree felony punishable up to five years in prison and finds up to one hundred thousand dollars. Governor DeSantis again someone who I always considered of sound mind. He seems to be reasonable. He doesn't seem like a conspiracy theorist. I don't think he's uttering things like lizard people are controlling the government or nonsense like that. The year of the Overnight program, he said, after also pointing out that they banned flora in public drinking water, and he said, in addition to this, I also reiterated in Miami that Florida is not a testing ground for geoengineering. We already do not permit this activity. I will be signing SB fifty six to prohibit the practice in our skies. Free State of Florida means freedom from governments or private actors unilaterally applying chemicals or geoengineering to people or public spaces. Now, Florida used to allow permits for geoengineering weather modification. This bill repeals all of that. Bill also includes key enforcement provisions. Beginning October of this year, all publicly owned airports must report the presence of any aircraft equipped with whether modification or geoengineering equipment to the Florida Department of Transportation and the Department of Environmental Protection will launch a public reporting portal to identify suspect violations, which will launch over the summer. Now again, I'm still out. I don't know what's being released. I've seen all kinds of crazy allegations about what's being released, but apparently something is being released. Otherwise they wouldn't be proposing legislation, I'd like to think anyway, And again, this isn't coming from some looney tune wing of any particular political party. I mean, go ahead and ignore Marjorie Taylor Green's effort to do this on a federal level. But going back to Governor de Santis, don't you think he has learned people, scientists and research and public policy and papers that would prevent him from stepping in a legitimate conspiracy theory by supporting the legislation and signing it into law. Hey, Governed de Santis, Ron, don't do that. It's a bunch of crap. This doesn't exist, it's not happening. There's nobody trying to geo engineer anything. Look, here's all the research and data supporting this position, and you need to stay ten thousand feet away from it. Are they going to label you a lizard person believing looney tune? I would like to think Ron Santa says advisors along those lines, So something to consider. I don't know how we ended up on this tangent other than the fact that all of these sort of stars aligned in my world relative to how I used to think. And now I'm at least open to the concept that is actually happened six forty six fifty five K see the talk station. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist. Takes me a lot of information and time to reach an informed decision, but it is kind of comical to reflect back on what I initially labored crazy conspiracy theorists, and then if you fast forward a few years, then you find out, oh, wait a minute, they were right all along, Maureen, you know I'm talking about you. Colin Electric, great people for great electric work at Colin They do fantastic work. They've done multiple projects in my home, and you'll be satisfied with the customer service of Color Electric, the price which is always right. Andrew Cullen of Colin Electric really proud of the people he's got on his team, obviously licensed electricians doing the work, and again, well oiled machine they are. And it's always a great price. A plus with a better business bureau, you're gonna enjoy the fact that Cullen is working on your residential electric project. To reach them Colin Electriccincinnati dot com calling a cul E and Colen Electriccincinnati dot com. You can check it out there or scheduled deployment by calling them up five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one.
Speaker 16: Two fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Jen and I says, we.
Speaker 2: Have a mostly sunny day. That's until afternoon time when we got scattered storms possible and torrential downpour.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Very humid day today, eighty seven for the high. It'll be partly cloudy every night with just a slight chancell range seventy for the low. Very humid again tomorrow, isolated afternoon storm eighty six for the high. Muggy overnight with a low of seventy and a cloudy Wednesday with a high of eighty three seventy three degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic.
Speaker 10: Update from the youth the Health Trap Center. You see health that's expert traumacare focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. No accidents or other problems right now? What two seventy five down to one lane for construction near the Kentucky Indie an A line. That's those long term repairs on the Carol Cropper Bridge and seventy five no delays from two seventy five and Sharon Build to downtown on that eazabac. I'm fifty five k RCD talk station.
Speaker 2: Chick, So if you want, if you have CARCD talk stations, see I mentioned Marine on this whole conspiracy theory thing, and she's listening. She sent me two more articles on amtrails. She said, I've invading with my brother in law for years about this, so I have a large cache of articles on this subject. I will spellue the barrage and just share two tidbit tidbits. Thank you, Marine. I appreciate the fact that you're listening out there, and I appreciate all the links that you give me to conspiracy theories, which I discount immediately, only to find out later that well, they do have some merit talking about discipline and violence and the problems we're having the city of Since an Ken Cobra FLP president at the top of the air news Christopher Smith Aman, something tells me, although I do not know that he's going to have a comment or two about violence. And it was a terrible, terrible several days in a row, but it makes me pivot over to maybe there's solutions here and actually enforcing the Criminal Code of Justice and seeing that these lawbreakers actually are held accountable and responsible. It's a pillar of law enforcement punishment as a deterrence for the rest of us. And it's coming to schools. Saw this editorial board the Wall Street Journal. School discipline makes a comeback. Whatever happened to school discipline? I always wonder why people didn't get suspended anymore. They were at discipline policy. In k through twelve, public schools rode the progressive tide on race and crime. In recent years, the Feds and states push therapy over suspensions and expulsions, but classroom misbehavior has surged since the COVID lockdowns, and some states are responding with changes that will benefit teachers and students. Texas legislature may pass the bill that makes it easier for teachers to remove misbehaving students from classrooms and extends the allowable time for in school suspension. Some three three hundred district Texas District employees were targets of student assault in one single countary year twenty three to twenty four. That's according to the reporting by the Texas Tribune. Removing students for any unruly, disruptive, or abusive behavior, as the legislation allows, could help prevent such escalation. Arkansas, back in April, pass the law ensures students removed for violent behavior aren't returned to the same classroom. Also stripping from state law requirement that districts use positive behavioral support, which focuses on conflict resolution and coping skills to address student misbehavior, Washington State Superintendent finalized rules effected this month loosening restrictions on removing, suspending, or expelling students. Other states taken similar action in release in years, including Louisiana and Nevada, where the state teachers' unions supported legislation making it easier to remove students. All this marks a shift away from the progressive push for therapeutic or restorative practices before or instead of classroom removals. The Obama administration encouraged districts to emphasize positive interventions over student removal, and a twenty fourteen guidance letter warning of racial disparities and disparities and traditional discipline. A twenty twenty three Biden Education Department document advocated listening and healing and warned that suspensions and expulsions, in their words, often disproportionately affects students of color. The soft disciplined policies have victims of their own. Cord to the Texas Built, teachers are getting hit, kicked on, spit on, and cussed out. The fact that we cannot suspend these students and have to wait, in some cases weeks until we can bring parents and team members together to create a solution is leaving both teachers and ministration with a feeling of helplessness, said one district superintendent. Peers of disruptive students also robbed of learning time. According to a former teacher writing for the Fordam Institute last year, Daniel Buck peers, given the high poverty schools struggle the most with disciplinary challenges, keeping disruptive students in classroom only widens the achievement gap. This is hardly racial justice. Many Democratic states are still pushing therapeutic practices, but at least districts don't face the same pressure from the feds. President Trump issued in April executive order to crime equity ideology in school discipline, calling on the Education Secretary of Line mc mann to produce a report on the model school discipline policies. The order rejects the Obama era practice which the Biden administration never disavowed, of investigating districts for civil rights offenses based upon statistical racial disparities and discipline data. This should ensure schools are free to enact discipline based on behavior, not race. School discipline is mainly a local matter, as schools can best judge the struggles of individual students while protecting teachers and classmates. The Trump administration will do the most good if it lets states and districts figure it out, as many of them are already doing. Yeah to see, maybe if you discipline the children a little bit more harshly threaten them with expulsion or suspension, maybe they'll stop doing it. At least it'll be in the arsenal of ways to deal with an obviously ever growing problem. Six fifty six fifty five kr CD Talk Station FLP President Kencobra on the violence continuing in the city and the silence of the mayor on the issue. Christopher Smithman at seven twenty be right back.
Speaker 1: Use happens fast, stay up to date. That at the hour, not gonna be complicated. It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station this reap.
Speaker 2: Seven oh six if afy five KARROSD talk station. Hope you're having an appy Monday, as is always the case. Former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smithman with an advanced morning to me over the weekend via text. Uh, he's really ginned up and fired up and ready to launch this morning. In between Alan then and I'm not sure what he's going to talk about, but something tells me it may be the violence going on in downtown Cincinnati. Joining the program this morning, Welcome back Fokey, President the Federal Order Police Chapter sixty nine for the Sinsinant Police Department. Ken cober Or President, Welcome back, Ken. It's always great having you on the program.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Do you start out this morning? One thirty This morning, Hutchins Avenue reading road to abdel We have someone killed in a shooting. Going back, just looking at the headlines. Two teens injured in a West End shooting happened on Sunday morning, three people hospitalized after a shooting near the banks happened on Saturday morning. Police investigating incident believed to involve shots fired at officers in Westwood happened Saturday night. Got a Winton Hill shooting police investigating that happened Saturday night as well. I mean, the list is almost endless, and it seems to be getting worse. Ken, covert your reaction, and plus the list that Joe Strecker compoted he got from the Since Police Department, showing all of the assaults, thefts, and other arrests that happened, mostly like in the central business district of downtown over the past several days leading up to the fourth of July holiday weekend. I mean, this is crazy, Ken.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, let's not forget too.
Speaker 19: On fourth of July we had a two police officers that were shot at that after watching the video, one of them especially is absolutely lucky to be alive. I mean, by the grace of God, he didn't get hit by somebody. It was almost almost point blank range.
Speaker 17: Yes.
Speaker 20: Wow.
Speaker 2: And where did that happen?
Speaker 19: That was on Western Northern Boulevard and an apartment complex investigating a trespassing complaint.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, violent, violent weekend.
Speaker 19: I talked to two ulcers yesterday, both of them been on more than twenty years. They said this weekend has been the worst weekend they've worked in their careers. The violence, the droves of kids unsupervised, you know, just creating absolute mayhem. At one point would have been Sunday morning, the District four was calling for standby cars meeting. They needed more cars to help them because nearly every third shift car was at the jail with a prisoner.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, and you're short on numbers too. It can't be understated that we don't have enough police officers out there, and the police officers that are out there are working substantial overtime hours. So what would you expect? Jostrecker told me the Indianapolis had a violent weekend and the mayor there immediately instituted a curfew. We do it. We talked about this before. Or there is a curfew, is there not for young people in downtown Cincinnati?
Speaker 19: Ken, Yeah, there absolutely a curfew. And like I said, using District four as an example, you know that they can't arrest their way out of this problem when you have nine or ten cops that are encountering three hundred juveniles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's only so much that you can do.
Speaker 19: You know, It's just the violence is absolutely just out of control in the city.
Speaker 4: Like I said, you use Indianapolis as another example.
Speaker 19: You know, they had seven people shot and two murdered in one incident. You know, homicide after homicide after homicide in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: This stuff is just out of control.
Speaker 2: Well, if you could have your way, I mean, what do we have by way of solutions that are out there? I mean, enforcing the curfew? Could we hold parents accountable? I mean, you have to enforce the curfew, bring the kid in front of some a judicial authority, obviously to get their parents involved. And then why did you let your kid out pass curfew hours? And maybe get some answers from parents who maybe absent here just really don't care. I mean, Lord Almighty, I consider my life growing up. My folks need to know where I was all the time. And you know, you need to ask permission to be out past a certain curfew hour. And if you didn't ask for mission, you're going to get in a world to hurt when you finally got home. I mean, that kept me out of trouble for the most part anyway.
Speaker 4: Sure, but you know it's a good point bringing up the judicial system.
Speaker 19: I know, well, the juveniles that got arrested at red Win and Blue Ash, you know, Friday night, from throwing fireworks a crowd of people.
Speaker 2: The d's so disturbing, right.
Speaker 19: Was arrested Saturday morning at juvenile court and magistrate dismissed the charges. This is the this is part of the problem that we're dealing with is we can't arrest our way out of this problem. And when you do make arrest, you have magistrates in the juvenile court system that just decided that I don't like this charge, so they dismiss it. So, you know, only one part of the justice system seems to be working right now, and that's never going to fix things.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: We had a prosecutor there willing to move forward and prosecute the charges, and yet the judge just said, no, no, exercising my discretion. I'm just checking this case out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, im my understanding.
Speaker 19: I believe the prosecutor's office is likely going to appeal this decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But like I said.
Speaker 19: You have kids that get arrested the police do the right thing, only for them to be let back out. It's no wonder that we're having a problem with all these juveniles, not only here in Hamilton County, but across the country, because this is a problem everywhere in every major city.
Speaker 2: Well, and if I was in mayor aft have Purvoll's place, or as one of the council members, I would out loud say something about that, say listen. In order to bring about some safety and some comfort for the citizens of Cincinnati and some relief from this epic youth violence problem, I am calling upon magistrates and everybody involved in the judicial system, from prosecutors through the judges on all levels, to start taking these crimes seriously and not throwing them out. The silence from the council and elected officials, including the mayor, is deafening, is it not, Ken.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean absolutely, I mean said, not only have you had all this violence, you had to get police officers shot at back to back days. Yeah, I've heard absolutely nothing from elected officials.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 2: That's heartbreaking, Ken, it really is. You feel, I mean, we all feel so let down about it. It's almost it's it's tacit approval. If they're not out loud screaming about the violence and demanding answers and demanding accountability and demanding prosecutions. Then they're silence I think shows support indirect or tasked support for the violence that's going on. In other words, kids, keep it up because nothing is going to happen to you.
Speaker 19: Yeah, And to be quite honest, the cops are fed up with it. They're done with it. You know, the every weekend you have cops working Friday and Saturday nights with SWAT, CDRT. You're working over time. It's going to come to a breaking point where cops are just going to say, I'm not doing it anymore. I'm wasting my time. I'm not doing it anymore. And then what's That's when that's when things are really going to.
Speaker 4: Get bad, As if it's not bad enough already.
Speaker 2: Are the number of officers planning on retiring or taking early retirement or just basically dropping out of law enforcement? Do you get any indications those numbers are going up right now? Are they getting wars?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: I mean it's weekly. We're losing people weekly.
Speaker 19: That just that the people that weren't even really on the radar, if you will of Hey, I'm going to retire. I got a classmate of mine that just said I'm out, I'm done, and these yeah, I think the end of this month he's done. He's not staying for the you know, the drop program.
Speaker 4: He's like, I've had enough.
Speaker 2: On out well. And you know, in terms of lateral hires, and I know the Council has taken steps to try to bring more lateral hires and officers that have experienced some other law enforcement. It's a shorter window of training, not like a brand new cadet class, and those are in line too. But I mean, if it's bad, that bad morale wise, and from an officer considering employment of the Insant Police Department, here's about this, Like wait a minute, I'm gonna be out there putting my life on the line, spinning my wheels, and they're going to get just freed by the justice system because as well the magistrates, you don't think it's a legitimate charge. What's the point I'm going to go in with a bad taste in my mouth as a potential employee.
Speaker 19: Well, because it's going on in every department around this country, you'll be quite honest. So I think they're looking at it as the financial benefit of coming here, because you're going to do pretty well. I mean, over time is so readily available, you can make as much money as you want, and I think that's what a lot of officers are going to be coming here for.
Speaker 2: Well, at least, I guess that's one bright spot in the whole equation. We have officers that are still willing to work for this insane police department. But it's really it's heartbreaking to know that this is happening broadly and across our country. Of course, I can only blame the Democrats for their anti police policies, and of course all the liberal prosecutors and liberal judges that they put in place in these various blue cities. They're getting what they're asking for, it seems Ken.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I mean, it's absolutely disgusting that you don't have elected officials speA out against his violence. That you're not going to judges saying hold these people accountable. It's just not occurring, and that's why we're in the position that we're in.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, not a pretty picture you're painting to day at ken Kober. But at least we get to talk about it and raise everybody's awareness to it, and maybe we can start making demands on our elected officials, like threaten them with being chucked out of office in November, there's an option, Ken Cobert, God bless you and each you and ever remember the police department. We obviously appreciate how tough it is to do your job every day, and I'm a little disappointed that so many more are retiring. But you know what, it doesn't shock me in any way, shape or form, given this the current climate. God bless you man. Keep up the great work, and you're always have a venue here to talk about what's going on.
Speaker 4: Sure, thanks for having me, Brian.
Speaker 2: Thanks Ken, always a pleasure. Christopher Smithman up next. Yeah, I wonder what he wants to talk about. First. Oder Exit won't get rid of the stench of that particular issue, but it will work on all the other odors you run into during your daily life. You know, food odors, pet oders, more, old mildews, smoke. Now it works on all kinds of surfaces as well, you know, concrete, flooring, fabric. I just just different products out there that odor Exit makes. And they've been at this more than twenty five years, locally owned and operated and manufacturer products as they do work guarantee. That's what I like to emphasize you don't take my word for it, although it has worked for me a variety of times over the years. It comes to the one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Get the product you need to eliminate the odor you want. If you have any questions about which one you need and how to use the product, call the toll free number. They're very helpful, but use it as directed. If it doesn't work, you get your money back. To order the products. They'll be quickly delivered to your home through the website. It's odor exit dot com od o r xit dot com. You can also figure out which product you need and if you need to buy it today because the odor is so bad, buy it locally using the search engine located on the website. Works on everything except the stach of politics. Odor exit dot Com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five kerr CV talk station. Monday. That means it's time for the former vice mayor of the city since say Christopher Smithman and the smither Vent. Christopher, welcome back to the morning show. What's great hearing from you. I understand you're all a gended up this morning.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 7: I mean, first of all, good morning, Brian. To hear the FOP president Ken Kober talk about what's happening, the crime, the violence in our city, I don't even know where to start. It was actually my lead vent in this morning. And to hear him say officers are being shot at, you know, to hear the I don't want to say desperation in this voice. I don't know want because you know, I don't know the FLP president to say there was desperation, but to hear it was definitely frustration.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we've got.
Speaker 7: Three hundred youth running around. You know, curfew is not being enforced. You know, he can't really say, like I can say that he has a city hall that's not backing them up. You know, the fundamental question is where is the mayor? Who is the mayor? I mean, this is the reality of where we are while young people are dying. I mean to wake up to three people shot on the banks, I mean, that is the heart of your downtown, that's where the Dora is, that's where our stadiums are, you know, and so city call keeps saying everybody is safe. These are one offs. And then to hear the FOP president Say Hey, a twenty year veteran is saying, this is the most violent time they've ever served as a Cincinnati Police officer. That is the reality. That is what's happening. Officers are being shot at, youth are not being held accountable. The judges are letting them loose when they are arrested, no matter what it is, whether it's a gun, whether it's fireworks, And the reality of it is, we have a mayor we can't find, we don't even know where he is. We don't have a city council that's pushing back on the mayor. They're nine members of council. Somebody should be pushing back on the mayor. Brian Thomas saying, we have to have a real plan. Number One, We've got to have uniformed officers in their cruisers downtown after nine o'clock until two or three o'clock in the morning. You can't bring down those officers between the times of eleven am and seven pm and think you're gonna deal with the crime that you and I are most concerned about. We need visible officers. You can't have cloth up officers who are in playing clothes. That doesn't deter What that does is those officers are running to the scene after something happens because you don't see the cruiser, they don't see the uniform. So if we're not gonna get control of our downtown, we're not going to get control of the core Brian Thomas, I'm trying to figure out what mayor pure Vault is doing. This is why I'm supporting Corey Bowman premiere. This is why I'm supporting somebody like Matthew's for city Council. I want something different. I don't want to get to November and have the same problems st you and I talking about the same thing next year, because we have the same administration. And I'll tell anybody listening in the fifty two neighborhoods, you vote for the same thing, you're going to get exactly what you voted for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no question about it. And quite often, you know, the whole judicial element is out of our control. Now we do have the ability to vote for judges, but if you have these magistrates that are just letting people out without you know, the approval of the Prosecutor's office, and I think that suggests a real problem right there. Again, going back to the police. Why bother doing your job knowing full well then the rest for a curfew violation. Even with a bunch of kids gathering in a gang and threatening people or committing criminal acts, you know they're going to be let out. Why deal with the paperwork? What's the point? And so you know the.
Speaker 7: Brian Thomas, Brian Thomas, why do they push back on us at city Hall and tell law abiding citizens not to carry a firearm to protect themselves? See this is the part I don't understand. It's like, you're not going to protect this and then you're saying you don't want me to protect myself. I don't understand that logic.
Speaker 2: Well I don't either. And if they don't want people with firearms downtown, I think a lot of businesses are going to suffer. You think about like that couple that got attacked coming out of Ruby's Steakhouse. I mean, you have a seven o'clock or eight o'clock up reservation. You're not going to be out of there before eleven pm. And that's apparently when the streets start getting unruly and dangerous. So I imagine a significant drop off for a lot of restaurants and businesses downtown. You know the Brady Center with concerts, you're going to be feel comfortable coming out of a concert right there by the banks and walking back to your car.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: And before we go Brian for this segment, let me say I don't want anybody to walk away or listening to the two of us, both of us are pro Cincinnati amen. Both of them us want Cincinnati to do well. Both of us are really want to support the mayor and city council. We want the greatness for Cincinnati, but we can't have this much violent around our fifty two neighborhoods and specifically in downtown. And you and I sit here and not call it out. Listen to the mainstream media say everything's okay, come on downtown. There's no way the former vice mayor is gonna go downtown, go to downtown after a certain time period because I don't want to deal and have one of these confrontations that ends up me or the person in a bad situation. Downtown is out of control. And we have a mayor who is assent.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty on a Monday talking with Christopher smithm and former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati about the significant problem we're having with violence, lots of shootings over the weekend, and prior to that, a full week worth of violence, mostly in the Central Business district. Joe Strecker noticed a sort of a a parallel between where the violence and the thefts and the assaults all happened along the streetcar line. So I'm not sure if there's any connection between that or nothing. But Christopher, real quick, before we get you back on your rant. I don't mean to go off in a different direction, but we had a caller this morning and accuse you of voting for the sanctuary city law, and Joe Strecker looked it up and said, no, you weren't even present when that vote, was taking your home taking care of your cancer stricken wife, Pamela.
Speaker 5: That's true. Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: That's not true.
Speaker 5: That's not accurate.
Speaker 7: Anybody presenting that it just doesn't have the fact.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me but yes, okay, I.
Speaker 7: Did not that's not true, and I even verbally did not support it when asked about it. I did not support it. I never supported sanctuary cities. And you can and you can call Mayor John Cranley and ask.
Speaker 2: Us you'll be laughing.
Speaker 7: It did not support say Saquare City, but here, but here's what I want to share with you. Look, we are at a point now where the National Guard needs to be called in into downtown Cincinnati. That is how serious. This is where we need to reach out to the governor and say, listen, enough is enough. If the mayor and council cannot get this violence under control, and they actually can by empowering their police department. If we have a police department that wants to do their job, but they've got to feel like they're going to be supported because they understand that once they interact with one of the young African American youth downtown with a gun, they then the white officer or black officer returns fire or has to take the life of one of these young people. They know that all of the activists across the state of Ohio and the United States, because CNN will be all on it right that they don't want to take that chance with their entire family, their life. I'm talking about the police officer. Police officers understand downside. So the bottom line is they understand that you have a mayor who really wants to reimagine the police department. They have a mayor that really wants to defund the police department. Right, we're talking in a backhanded way. He can't say it clearly, But you can go.
Speaker 17: Down to a.
Speaker 7: Protest with a bullmorn in the middle of the violence telling people that that President Donald Trump.
Speaker 17: Is a king.
Speaker 7: It tells you where his mind is. You're not focused on running the city of Cincinnati. If you're the mayor, we want every single minute of your mind focused on the city of Cincinnati. But he's so worried about thinking about running for state government, running for federal government, he can't focus on the violence, which is the number one issue in the city. Sinciety and I think Governor Mind do want should consider bringing the National Guard into downtown Cincinnati to secure it, to quell the violence and give our police department the opportunity to get their hands around it, and the four City Hall to do what do their jobs. Yeah, I cannot have these apples said, not continue to have the violence that we're having with brown people and black people killing each other in the streets. The epidemic that we're experiencing in Cincinnati is not like it's not happening in Cleveland. Are happening in Toledo, but we live in Cincinnati. Let's do something about it. Let's act like we really care about it. We can't just have a mayor who's trying to look pretty and talk about where he wants to go next when you have all of the bloodshed that's happening in our city. It's just a really and the FOP president. I hope everybody listens to that interview that you did with President FOP kN Kobra. That was sobering to hear what he was saying that was really going on, because if you listen to him and then you listen to the mayor, there are two separate stories. Who do you believe.
Speaker 2: I believe the FOP president most assuredly. He works with those officers day in and day out. He knows about the increasing numbers of officers who are planning on retiring and sort of made the decision out of nowhere, it seems. And of course, the depleted ranks of the police department can't be understated. And how do you feel a law enforcement how do you meet a law enforcement challenge if you don't have enough warm bodies in uniform to patrol the neighborhoods. So yeah, seven nine if if you have Kerosene detalk station Brian Thomas with Christopher Smithman and Christopher doing the smither vent having a go at our elected officials downtown Cincinnati, the mayor and city council. The silence from them is acutely deafening in terms of the violence that's going on. Is this a marketing campaign or do they think just by hiding and not answering questions and not addressing it directly and not demanding people cooperate with police or supporting the police, is this just all an effort to make the to paint a pretty picture or is there something more nefarious going on. I mean, we're kind of left to guess.
Speaker 7: It's the Democratic base, some part of it, that woke part of it Brian Thomas, that we are hearing about in New York. Even with this candidate out of New York, it is rampant within the Democratic Party and so Democrats who know they're going to run in a primary. This is important to understand, not in the general action thinking how do I get out of the primary if I come out and say I support the police. When have you heard our mayor just simply say I support our police department and I want them to do proactive policing. I'd like them to be downtown when we have the crime, and I'm going to support them as they make those decisions. We know we have a youth issue downtown, we know we have guns, and we know it's a recipe for p Why can't I or say that because of his base, Brian Thomas, he's worried about a primary and if he says those kind of things, the people of most primary vote voters will not vote for him, and so he's putting our lives and our city at risk for his political career. That is the sad part of what I see. Gee, that's what I liked about Mayor John Cranley, whatever they said about him, whatever, you know, his toughness are. Sometimes he can be, you know, verbally rough on people when he's holding account of but he was tough on crime. You know, John didn't messing.
Speaker 2: You're kind of you're breaking up a Look, you're breaking up a little bit, Christopher on and know we can do anything about that.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm sorry I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I'm saying John Cranley was tough on crime. He was a blue dog Democrat. Yeah, we don't have that anymore, Brian Thomas. We're missing that within the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, Let me test your theory real quick on that. Now you're saying the mayor doesn't want to outloud support the police because you know, he might get primary and he might he might drive away his far left wing base. But you live in the city, since you are a member of one of the neighborhoods in the city of Cincinnati, you know, and you interact with people in the city of Cincinnati each and every day. I mean, your job's in the city Cincinnati, the whole thing. So do you really truly get a sense that your people in your community really have a disdain for police or would they prefer a greater police presence, Because I keep thinking that this anti police sentiment, it's bad for every neighborhood. If you have crime in your neighborhood, I would like to think that you want it cleaned up, and clean it up, you need cops, and that most people probably really deep down support the police and would like to see their neighborhood safe, and that they reject this argument that the police are all evil people. And should be kicked out of the neighborhood. So where are you on that in your belief relative to what the people actually want?
Speaker 7: I think the silent majority. No matter where you live, whether it's Paddock Hills, North Avondale, Bond Hill, whether it's Price Hill, whether it's Westwood, you want the police. Okay, but you and I. What I'm talking about is a primary where we just saw I don't know what the number was, maybe seven percent of voter show up. T'mar okay. That means ninety three percent of those other voter state homes, right. And so what politicians' way is, if I can't get out of the primary, I can't run in the general. I'm letting you know how politicians think. And so he cannot piss off meaning this, this current mayor can't piss off this woke part of his party. They vote wants you to kneel because they vote. And if he comes out and says I support the police, and they're out there saying no, I want you to reimagine it. I want you to bring counselors in to respond to runs. I want you to defund the police, whatever the word is. I want you to do he's thinking in his head the next step. If I do those things, I might not win a primary, right, And so this is the problem with electing people that are as ambitious as our current mayor. That's what I'm saying. So they answer your question is yes, our fifty two neighborhoods, Brian Thomas, they overwhelmingly want police and want to support the police, want to call nine to one one and get a response. However, in a primary, many of those people aren't showing.
Speaker 2: Up the voting.
Speaker 7: In a general they are, but in a primary they're not. You can't have seven percent show up, right, Those seven percent that show up for those that are motivated, and that is what our current mayor is most concerned about, and we're suffering because of it. And this is why I really think the governor should consider bringing the National Guardian into our downtown to secure it. We cannot continue to have the number of African Americans losing their lives and we have a dysfunctional mayor who cannot put a plan together. And part of that plan is supporting the police department in a way that they understand they're supported. Brian Thomas. It's not about just bringing your police chief, who's a great police chief, Chief Fiji, bringing her forward and saying, hey, here's what crime looks like across the city. Is going to your chief and saying, I've got your back.
Speaker 5: Chief.
Speaker 7: Here's what I want you to do. Get me the police in the downtown, give me a presence of force so that everybody understands we're not going to tolerate it. And if they can't do it, the state of Ohio is obligated, in my opinion, to do it. I want to say something before we go, because I know the time will get away. My heart goes out to the Texas families off their lives. You know, you and I have kids. Anybody that has a child right has sent their child away to camp. They've got their families that are listening to us, and their kids are at camp right now. These are the things that just tear your heart out. You know, eight ninety ten year olds who are drowned, and the weather pattern, my understanding, change so dramatically. So there's nobody there quote at fault, but the reality of it is it's a try that is still going on right now, and I hope the federal government, which I'm sure they will, will intervene, do whatever they can do to support Texas. But I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime where I've seen so many young people lose their lives to some type of catastrophic tropic wintery weather event, and so have I just been watching it in my heart. Brian has just been going out for those families that just where they have not found the bodies of these young people as they're searching for them.
Speaker 2: It is so tragic, and it just like, I don't know, I've watched some of the videos on that Christopher and that water just came out of nowhere. When you see how quickly the riverbanks rose and they just they were overwhelmed, inundated, And the idea that these alerts went out in the middle of the night, I mean, you know, there's only so much you can do. If you don't have your cell phone on and you're not in a place to get an alert, you're going to be a victim of this flood. So yeah, it's just awful, It really really is.
Speaker 1: It's really really really awful.
Speaker 7: My heart just goes out to those families. And I also want to say, and I know these these are not these are disconnected topics. But you know, there's a lot of chatter about tariffs. I don't think I've ever spoken about them, but just to say, here's my bottom line, I'm really tired of the United States getting ripped off. That's really where I am. And I don't mind the short term pain for the long term gain at at at at some point, we've got to reign in these countries, in my opinion, and I don't and I'm not smart enough to know which countries we need to rein in. China is obviously one of them. But the reality of it is, we have got to set a standard here and it's not gonna be easy to do. So I'm an I'm appreciative that the White House that President Trump is willing to stand up to some of these countries and say to them, listen, if if we bring our cars to your country, and you're gonna are just a thirty five percent fee, I'm interchanging the word fee and terror for me to bring those goods into your country, you bring yours in them. I'm not going to charge you anything that just doesn't seem fair to me. And so whatever that fair ground is, there's a lot of smarter people than me who want to deal with you know, our trade deficit. But I just want to say publicly, I think the White House and the President they're on the right track here, and this week we're going to see things coming to a head. I mean, the reason I'm bringing it up is the tear of deadlines are here. I think we're going to see things coming to a head. And I want to be publicans say hey, listen, this is a good thing. We might have a short term blips. You know what I do for a living in the in the stock market. We've got to be as Americans thinking longer term, not just what's happening on a daily basis with our portfolios. There's a bigger picture here when we're in this global economy, and we've had globalists be the President's for a long time, right, who really decimated the middle class, decimated our manufacturing across our country. And you can just drive through through the state of Ohio and see those manufacturing plants that have been closed. Well, where do you think those jobs went? Those jobs went to Mexico, those jobs went to China. And you have a president that's saying, listen, I want to build a middle class in the United States, not in India. I want to build a middle class in the United States, not in China. I think that's the right position for the right house. Now what is the right calibration? Not smart enough to know that, but big picture, I think he's on the right track.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I share your conclusions in that regard. Christopher Smithman, it's always a pleasure getting you on the program every Monday. I'll look forward to next Monday, another brother smith have a great week. Then you know what, folks, I bet proof is in the pudding. I would never steer you in the wrong direction and check you in often for what's developing.
Speaker 1: This is just developing out of the Middle East now, right now, it's developing. Fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's AATO five at fifty five KRCV talk station. And hope you're having a decent Monday. I hope you had a wonderful, wonderful weekend. Of course, lots of prayers going out for the folks dealing with the devastating flooding in Texas. Just overwhelming video I just I just keeps flashing through my mind seeing some of the craziness going on and the overwhelming volume of water that just seemed to show up in a moment's time. So I feel very confident. I didn't look at Matthew twenty five Ministry's website, but you want your contribution to go one hundred percent to those in need, it will be the best place to donate some money. All the money goes to those folks in need, and Matthew twenty five usually stepping up to the plate really quickly in the aftermath of these natural disasters. So I presume that that is the case. This morning, UH five on three seven eight hundred eighty two to three talk Go with Tom five fifty on at and T phones if you have a comment, love to hear from you. But continuing a theme since started with Kenkober FLP President at seven oh five on they just the outrageous amount of violence going on the city of Cincinnati, Lots and lots of shootings. Of course, the roving gangs of teenagers ignoring curfew, the failure of the judges and the magistrates that actually enforce curfew when they are picked up in violation of curfew, makes the cops not want to do their job. Of course, A depressing report from Ken on the morale level with the CINCINNT Police Department. A lot of people planning on quitting the job. And when you hear that, Ken Reports, a twenty year veteran police officer, said he has never ever seen things as bad as they are right now in terms of the violence. You know, you have a real problem on your hands. And I would imagine given that police aren't inclined to do their job and arrest people safe for curfew violations because it's an exercise in futility, leaving them with hours of paperwork and apparently no resulting prosecutions. Word of course, among the young people's gotten out about that they don't have to worry about curfew and you know, damn it, where are the parents and all this? But Vicki nut Are apparently a resident of the city of Cincinnati, and Corey Bowman reposted her post from Facebook and she sums it up nicely. She obviously is well connected with what's going on here. And Vicky, I appreciate you going out on a limon saying what you are thinking about and what you're asking for from the elected officials. Dear Mayor, I have to have pur of all members of city Council. She writes, I'm writing you in someone who's lived in downtown CINCINNAI for almost five years and has a family legacy in Cincinnati since the mid eighteen hundreds. My family and I have probably supported the city, believing its future by opening multiple businesses downtown, but are growing increasingly discouraged by the direction of the city is heading. What used to be a vibrant in Liverpool City now feels unsafe, poorly managed, and weighed down by misplaced priorities. The over one majority of citizens wants the same basic things, and this is something Christopher agreed with safety, order and clean functional city. I'm not asking for perfection. We're asking to do the job you're elected to do. The job is not to pander to fringe ideological movements. It's a lead and keep us safe. It's not that complicated. Start with law and order, she writes. The banks and OTR, which should be a showcase for our city, has become chaotic. What should be welcoming destination for tourists, families, and professionals is being overrun by crime, aggressive behavior, in an atmosphere that drives good people away. Large groups loiter with no regard for the public, fights breakout, cars motorcycles recklessly race through the streets at all hours, pandering non stop and aggressive. People feel unsafe and they feel they're either avoiding the area or leaving the city altogether. Banks Area, Reds Bengals, J Brady Music Center, Heritage Bank Center, Smell Park, and many of our best bars and restaurants. It should be a completely safe zone with a strong, visible and constant police presidence. Crime and homelessness should not be tolerated here, not because we lack compassion, because the city is set, because it's the city's front porch and we should treat it that way. OTR includes our shopping and dining destinations, Arts District, FCC, Cincinnati Family Market, and Environment residential Area. What used to happen at night, shootings, stabbings and assaults are now commonplace in the middle of the day time. Our once beautiful Piot Park front ports of the city hall overrun with the homeless who use the benches for beds, water fountains for bathing, and the connect Cincinnati alleys for garbage picking, restrooms and drug transactions. Ninth Street Historic residential District that includes a school in several churches is a dangerous racetrack to ice seventy five at all hours of the day and night. Fountain District has now become like the Wild West, where shootings and assaults cur almost daily. We must embrace our police officers and let them do their jobs. They should not feel uncuffed by policies, public scrutiny, or lack of institutional support. Officers need to be empowered to enforce the law and hold criminals accountable, whether it's petty crime or violent offenses. At the same time, we must begin to incentivize the next generation to join law enforcement. We continued treating police officers like a problem instead of part of the solution, we will soon face a staffing crisis that no amount of policy can fix. Too often we're being held back by regulation, red tape, and hesitation to act. Across the river in northern Kentucky coming to the Newport are thriving building out there in riverfronts, adding restaurants, bars, housing, and more. Meanwhile, Cincinnati sits paralyzed. We should have floating bars, docks, and waterfront restaurants on the Ohio River. Our greatest natural asset is sitting under utilized, While underutilized, while investment gets smothered in permitting delays and outdated zoning laws. Sounds like Corey Bowman, doesn't it. We need to remove unnecessary barriers to progress and courage entrepreneurs, embrace creativity, make it easy and affordable to build our businesses. Here Cincinnati is worth fighting for, but it needs leadership. Real leadership, the kind of puts public safety before political optics, not the kind of prioritize the common sense. The kind of prioritizes common sense over ideology, the kind that does not serve a nod for a profit. Do the city's job to keep our streets clean and safe, and taxing us a special assessment for these services. We have the talent, we have the location, we have the people. Now we need the courage to act. Cincinnati deserves more. Speaking for frustrated but hopeful downtown residents and business owners. Again, props of Vicky Nutter and appreciate Corey Bowman reposting it because they don't know that. I'm not friends with Vicky, so I wouldn't have seen this. Have some Cory's repost. Let's get over to the phone. It's got a couple of callers online. We'll start with patriot. Jeff, Jeff, welcome back, my friend. It's always good hearing from you.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian. You and Joe are true patriots.
Speaker 2: Buddy, appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: What's going on in your world? What's on your mind today, my friend?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's so frustrating when we see us in common sense and how we were raised. They seem to anyone.
Speaker 21: That seems to be in the political spectrum and that, you know, if it's everybody here and both to northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, it seems like they've forgotten the difference between the carrot and the stick.
Speaker 3: They seem to think that if we just keep giving them the carrot, or we get more carrots, or we bigger carrots, they'll they'll be okay, everybody will work out. We'll all see Kumbai ya and whatever. And you and I understand that humans aren't like that. I mean, we we actually thrive on you know, hardness and pushing ourselves to be better. And yet if you take all the roadblocks away, especially when you're acting negatively towards the community, then I don't even understand why people even think it's going to get better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a legitimate point you're making, Jeff, I have to acknowledge that, or want to acknowledge that. Life is not an easy thing. You know, was it the old John Winning quote quote? Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid. The government seems to suggest, and I regularly suggests, at least folks on largely the left hand side of the political ledger, that they can eliminate these speed bumps in life, that they can make everything easy and smooth the path and avoid all confrontations that you might encounter. I mean, when you were commenting about programs, you're like paying people to not commit crime. That's a legitimate thing. You know. Wait a second, really, no, I didn't commit crime because I was afraid of punishment. You know, from starting when I was a little kid my parents, to the criminal justice system, being held accountable, spending time in jail. There's a lot of reasons why I wouldn't want to engage in criminal activity. Plus there's that whole thing of pesky morals and ethics that my parents raised me with. So oh, you know there's a thought as well. I don't have the answer to the societal breakdown. I think largely it's a result of the familial breakdown and the lack of you know, solid nuclear families providing children with guidance morals and ethics and maybe even religious.
Speaker 8: Oh absolutely, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean if you think about it, uh, you know, especially when you're an officer, when you're police, you know, you're it says right there on the cruisers, you know, serve and protect. I mean, these are people that are willing to run towards the sound of violence, to to step in front of the civilians to protect them. And yet we act like they're the enemy. And I'm just or I should say, the new culture is that they're and somehow negative, and yet they work so hard to help us and and protect us, and and and even I'm never well, I mean I understand. And there are cases, you know, very few in the world where the police officers do get a little heavy handed. Every police officer I've ever met never wants to be violent, never wants to pull their weapon. That they would love for every single person to just do what they ask them to do and they and everything would de escalate. But for some reason, now it seems like every walk of life, our entertainment, everything paints the police as this negative force. Well, I've never understood that from a young age.
Speaker 2: Always remember that just because that is widely reported that people's general attitude is that the police are bad and need to be re envisioned or remade or gotten rid of completely. That is the minority voice. That's why I made a specific point of asking Christopher Smithman, who literally lives in the Cincinnati and spends a lot of time talking with folks within the various communities. No, the vast majority of us actually want law and order. It's the silent majority out there that apparently don't have the social media weight to control the narrative, a narrative which is overwhelmed by the far left wing of the Democrat Party, which is all about defund police, Black Lives matter kind of issues, and Antifa. Those are the minority. Yet they're the loudest, squeakiest wheels in the room, and they have a way of actually getting their non governmental organizations funded by crazy left wing administrations like I have to have par Ball and the members of Cincinnai City Council. That's where they're getting their push, that's where they're getting their directive. I mean, you can't draw or come up with any other conclusion than that, because the vast majority of us want law and order eight seventeen fifty five kres through the talk stationan marine you are in next, you don't mind holding for a moment, Looking forward to having you on the program. And a recommendation to get in touch with Zimmer Heating and Cooling. They've been making Cincinnati area homes safe, efficient and comfortable for a coming up on eighty years and congratulations on third generation ownership and operation. Chris Zimmer now taking over the family tradition and doing a great job. Customer service outstanding. The price is always right, so if you need your units service, call Zimmer and if you need to replace it, sorry, belly up. Being a homeowner can suck from time to time, and having your HVAC system go out, most notably in the very humid heat conditions we got going on. Now, at least you got a great opportunity with my friends at Zimmer I Carrier cash rebate fifteen hundred and fifty dollars savings and they'll do a wonderful job replacing that with a great Carrier unit. They invented air conditioning. They know what they're doing with Carrier so call Chris Zimmer at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five to one ninety eight ninety three scheduled deployment. To learn about all the services they offer, head on over to the website. That's go Zimmer dot com, Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five car the talk station, It's Champion Windows.
Speaker 2: It's eight twenty coming up on eight twenty one. If you buy ker CD talk station five one three seven four nine to fifty five hundred and eight hundred eight two three talk Marie. Thanks for holding over the break. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 20: Hi, good morning, Brian. Thanks taking my call. I wanted to chime in on the information about the crime in the city. I like to go there once in a while to visit, and last time I was there a little over a month ago. The I like to walk the bridges, so as I was walking them, a person on a bike came toward me and said you bet or not? He said you better turn around. I wouldn't recommend going that way. There's a guy with a machete wielding it who waited, just waiting for someone to attack, and he goes. I'm thankful I was on my bike because I was able to get away. So anyway, so I've been hearing more and more about all of this on your program. And my daughter's getting married in a few months this summer. So we sent out a list in the thank you, a list of hotels to stay at in the invitation. Well, now we're getting calls from people out of town saying that they are hearing about the crime in Cincinnati. Can we send them a list of hotels outside of this city and so that they can stay there and feel safe. So it's acting the business this big time, and it's not locally that people are hearing about this. It's making news and other states. It's unbelievable. But this mayor has got to be replaced. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I agree. You know, I'm a fan of Corey Bowman. He's not a perfectly polished, you know, one hundred percent across the board guaranteed low candidate, but he's certainly a refreshing alternative to Mayor. I have to have purvol who thinks he can just ignore this problem. But no, you're right, word's gotten out. I mean we all know about it locally. I mean even our local news outlets will report when when people get shot. And I woke up this morning every single story in my local local news involve these shootings that happened over the past three days. So you can't cover it up.
Speaker 20: It's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and statistically speaking, you make the numbers, and of course national news outlets reported like, oh my god, Citio, Cincinnatia has a twenty seven percent uptick in violent crime, and like, oh my god, really, yeah that's true.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's getting a reputation. Another thing too, I can't let it go on. The weather engineering. Just one thing that I recommend people if they're trying to convince someone of this. There's a YouTube video called the Dimming and it goes into detail. It's got US Air Force brigadier generals discussing all the mechanisms for the weather modification, the keem trails and everything, and the patents that they've been that are in place since eighteen eighty in regards to weather modification.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and of course you're marketing back to the story that I mentioned this morning. After having seen this, and again, I'm a fence sitter. I have always denied the idea that kemtrails existed, but I actually witnessed something that you know pretty damn well, but describes them. When we were over in Indiana last weekend, it was a high altitude jet going back and forth in an actual pattern, back and forth with the we'll call it keem trail on and then a noticeable absence of it for a period of time and then it came back on again. It was like, you know, a Morris Code kind of effect with on dash space dash space and then a turn and a loop back making a pattern back and forth. So it's like, no, they can't be on final approach to the airport in Indianapolis because why would they be doing that back and forth with this pattern going on. So my kids immediately, Yeah, they believe in chemtrails and they believe that, you know, aluminum or something being dumped on crops. Regardless of what they believe, I'm like, wow, this is the first time I've ever seen it. And then you couple that with Marjorie Taylor green House US House Representative and are introducing federal legislation over the weekend to outlaw this, coupled with the built in Florida with this Santus who actually came out and talked about it. Their legislative branch voted and in saying we're banning this from happening in Florida. And I trust Ron de Santas, right, And why would he go out and say this is happening and it's a thing, and I'm signing this ban into law unless it was really going on. Right.
Speaker 20: Yes, he's criminalized the atmospherical engineering and weather modification. Yeah, speak fifty six.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I said, believable.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 20: And I hope other states adapt that as well. But right now we have some major things going on, and awahu, there's a burner fire out of control, and then there's flooding in North Carolina Pinehurst. All this is happening right now. And as London Johnson said, he who controls the weather controls the world. And I think that, you know, it's a possibility that there's some deeper meaning to what's going on here.
Speaker 2: Possible. Again, I'm a cynic in this skeptic, but I remained that way all the times, constantly jaded and cynical, waiting for real information to come in. But again, when you look at respectable elected officials with information at their disposal, obviously, these two folks, Taylor Green and Ron De Santis were convinced that this is actually a problem. So whether or not you believe in it or not, people in responsible positions who have an opportunity to view the evidence and decide whether or not they want to go on record as believing in it or not have actually gone on the record saying that yeah, it's happening, allright. I always appreciate you and what you do and all the texts and information you provide with me each and every week. It means a lot to me. Keep me on the toes eight twenty six ifty five KRC detalk Station. Summer invites reflection, and it might invites reflection on life, and that's what Gate of Heaven Catholic Cemetery is all life, all about honoring life on sacred ground. And they have an absolutely beautiful, beautiful cemetery and it's more than just going to remember your deceased loved ones that happened to be there, but it's also an opportunity just to reflect, engage in prayer and contemplate life at all levels from beginning all the way through end. Gate of Heaven found out of belief that every human life, no matter the stage or circumstances is unique and a sacred gift from God, and being in this beautiful, beautiful, park like setting can help ground you opportunity to exhale and reflect, perhaps meditate, but beautiful it is. To learn more about a Gateoheaven dot org. Gate of Heaven dot org fifty five KRC dot com Money Minute. He is sponsored by cop Channel nine First Warning weather forecast as sticky one today, I have eighty seven scattered showers and storms and mayby transil downpour showing up sometime afternoon. Partly cloudy sky's every night dropping to seventy and a little Chinese slight chance of rain. A partly thirty day and very humid Tomorrow eighty six for the high. Isolated afternoon storms though possible. Party cloudy and muggy over night, seventy and cloudy Wednesday with a high of eighty three seventy seven degrees. Now, let's get a traffic cup day.
Speaker 10: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Health as expert trauma care, focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at n sehealth dot com. Cruise of now cleared out a disabled vehicle ons found two seventy five after Montgomery Road, but northbound two seventy five still got that accident on the right shoulder before Milford Parkway. On that he's like, I'm fifty five tape our CB talk station.
Speaker 2: A thirty on a Monday. But here from the Cincinativa's Christina Hall. Coming out from next se segment, got some programs for caregivers of veterans enrolled in the VA Healthcare is going to talk about the programs that are there and what's what they're all about and the kind of services they can provide to you. My veteran friends appreciate what the VA does for each and every day. Going back to the violence inherent in the system, well, local stories all filled with it. We start from this morning, one thirty in the morning, Hutchins Avenue and Reading Road in Avondale. A man was killed in a shooting. So beyond confirming that a man was killed, it remains unclear whether the police have a suspect. Again, that one just broke this morning as we were talking about, well, violence in downtown Cincinnati. Oh look, more violence in downtown Cincinnati West End. Sunday morning shooting injured two people happened to the seven hundred block at Chestnut Street two thirty in the morning. According to Lieutenant Cunningham of the Cincinni Police Department, a sixteen year old boy was shot and taken a UC Medical Center with serious injuries, and a little bit later, a second victim, a fifteen year old boy, called from the eleven hund of block of Cedar Avenue, saying he had been shot on chess Nut Street as well taking the Children's Hospital for treatment non life threatening injuries. In that particular case, Local news CPOs Grace Hamilton reporting thank you, Grace. Apparently two cars are being investigated at the scene that she witnessed, a car that had crashed into a telephone poll on Lynn Street, another car found on Chestnut Street. Bullet holes located in the side of the Lincoln Recreation Center on Lynn Street. Officers couldn't provide a description of the suspect. No additional information available on that dull look. Three people hospitalized after shooting near the Bank's Saturday morning, according again Lieutenant Jonathan Cunningham, busy MANNY as these days, shooting happened around one thirty in the morning near Walnut Street between sixth and ninth Street. Initially, report of the incident began as a fight that led to shots being fired. Victims seventeen year old girl and a nineteen year old man and a twenty year old male with then a cunning against that All three victims suffered non life threatening injuries. Despite this nearby shooting, Fox nineteen reporting Thanks Queen Shetty, got City Chapter FOP President Can Cobra says the violence in the area of the Banks has dropped significantly. He was on this morning complaining about the violence that's out there. He said, they've stayed out of the Banks, which has been a fantastic part for those bar owners down there for the night life down there. Has been a significant change, attributes the new curfew put into place. No one under twenty one is allowed of the Banks area between ten pm and two am on Friday and Saturday. However, if you do pick up someone for violating the curfew, apparently nothing is done about it, which is what Ken pointed out this morning. Magistrates just sort of on their own decision making authority throwing out charges against kids who've been picked up for violating curview and being involved in criminal activity there we go. Saturday night, Westwood Police investigate an incident believe to involve shots fired. Sergeant Anthony Mitchell since a police department speaking with Fox nineteen said the officers called a twenty nine hundred block Western Northern Boulevard about ten thirty pm for a person believed to be having a mental health episode. Sergeant Mitchell said during that time, officers heard and saw what was believed to be shots fired at them. Said this prompted the SWAT team to be called. No one was injured. Please still investigating the incident. Officers have not stated if they have arrested anyone, at least as of the time of the reporting. Over to Winton Hills Yes Shooting to report three people have been taken to the hospital after shooting in Winton Hills Saturday night. Pleae dispatch the Dutch Colony Drive about ten pm Saturday evening, police said. Dispatchers say three people were injured in the shooting and were all taken to the hospital. No additional details available again Fox nineteen reporting on that and then it was the Red, White and Blue Ash event. Multiple people arrested. Fortunately, Blue Ash officers sustain a burn injury happened Friday night after four hundred what are described as unaccompanied youth set off fireworks multiple times during the Mad Treat Red White and Blue Ash fourth of July event at Summit Park, causing panic intentionally, they say. Police report that an officer had burned injury to his leg, been treated and release from the hospital, thankfully. One juvenile taken into custody in connection with the incident is facing a charge of assault on a police officer. Police did not describe other arrests that were made Friday night. Blue Police Chief Roger Pullman said, we understand this was a scary situation for many, and we hear you. It was an unfolding situation, and our officers work quickly to apprehend the individuals involved, and we, as we do after every event, will review security protocols to ensure the safety and well being of attendees and our officers. And there's video of this going around. It's just crazy, absolutely crazy. There were thousands of people there, so you got this unruly pack of four hundred unaccompanied youth just going at each other with fireworks, scaring that crap out of everyone there. And you know, let's face it, stating the obvious that could have resulted in some serious injuries. Eight thirty five, Right now, fifty five KRC the Talk station. Where are your children?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 2: Stick around KRCE cares Christina Hall from the Cincinnti VA on some great opportunities they have for you, my veteran families. Eight thirty five right now.
Speaker 6: Stick around, This is fifty five KRC, and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Someone is here ready for the eight thirty nine and fifty five KRC the Talk Station. Happy Monday to you, got the bright Bart Inside Scoop and the Daniel Davis Deep Dive tomorrow. Always enjoy talking to those folks, and I always enjoy talking to folks helping out the American veteran. And I really praised the work that the Cincinnati VA has done and improvements they have made over the years trying to do their best for the American veteran. We hear from Todd Sledge all the time, and today we get the benefit of having Christina Hall from the Cincinnti VIA at a call to talk with us this morning about some programs that are available for caregivers of veterans enrolled in VA healthcare. Christina, welcome, to the program. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 22: Hi, thank you very much, nice to be here, and.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the work that you do on behalf of the American veterans. Got a lot of them in my listening audience, and I do whatever I can to help spread the word about the benefits that are out there for veterans. I was like to say, this is healthcare that you earned. You didn't get paid as much because they get the DD two FOURT discharge. You're going to get some great healthcare. Tell my listeners about the programs you have here for caregivers of veterans.
Speaker 22: Yeah, so we have a very robust program for caregivers. We have two programs that fall underneath caregiver support. One is our general program that's really the core of the backbone of our program. We provide skills training, self care and stress management strategies, peer support, coaching, all sorts of different social gatherings, and just things to kind of help the caregivers have a relief, have a respite, and also support their own mental health. And then we also have a comprehensive program and in that program, if the veteran qualifies, they are able to receive a financial stipend to help offset caregiving costs, and they get wellness visits and access to enhance rescite services and insurance for their caregiver if they're not all ready insured.
Speaker 2: All right, So both programs are designed to help the actual caregiver themselves. But the second one sounds like that's an opportunity for the twenty four to seven you know, family member caregiver to get a relief very much.
Speaker 22: So yeah, and you know, the goal really is to try to help keep a vetering in their home as long as possible if that's their goal, and so the and as the program really helped with that. So rest it can look like home health care where someone comes in and helps out the caregiver. It can look like adult day health where maybe a veteran wants to go to a program during the day to get out of the house of bit and engage with others. And it also can be a short term stay. And maybe our contracted nursing home, our nursing home at the VA, say, if the caregiver has a surgery or a trip that they need to go on and they're not able to have you know, full time care for their veteran, they may be eligible to access some of those services.
Speaker 2: All right, Now, do you find in terms of the general program, and again this is these are programs that are offered to the caregivers themselves, as distinct from the available services for the veteran. But do you see any particular type of a service you offer through the general program as being like the most widely used or the most popular, or something that you know, people are gravitating towards in a larger percentage.
Speaker 22: Yes, And actually it's been interesting because everyone really thinks at the VA, you know, Okay, everything is geared towards the veterans, so it has been a little difficult to get the word out. Yeah, we have services for caregivers as well, and so I think some of the ones that people really have really taken to. We have a program going on with Mustang Journey, which is a program out in Goshen, Ohio or yeah, Wilds. Yeah, and so we've organized I think we've been there six times so far. We've had trips out there where it's just been the caregiver, if they'd like a little bit arrested, and then we've also set up where they can bring the veteran that they care for. Is the veterans well enough to go, And that's been awesome.
Speaker 2: That is not even really Yeah, I had the Mustang Journey people in my program, all going back a couple of months or so. But that what a cool organization.
Speaker 22: Oh they're awesome. Yeah, And Troy Day is a veteran himself and so has a passion for working with our folks. So that's been wonderful. Some caregivers who haven't participated a lot before, when they saw that post, they reached out. So, oh, yeah, I'd really love to do that. Yeah, probably has been our most popular, but we also have you know, I would say a lot of veterans in our program have dementia or parkinson or als, and so some of the more popular programming pieces are when we offer conditioned specific workshops and talks so that the caregiver can feel empowered to understand the condition, to know how to work with it within their veteran and you know, learn some tips and tools and connect with other caregivers that are taking care of veterans that have similar issues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're learning so much more and more about how to properly cope with and treat someone who's struggling with dementia. It isn't the old days of arguing with them about you know, no it's not. No, there isn't a burd ness living in your bed. No, no, no, it's you. Really, there's no way to overcome what is in their minds. You just kind of have to learn to roll with it, which I thought was an unusual way of coping with it. But yeah, you're not causing them cognitive distress by arguing with them when they have this firmly convinced, you know, belief in their mind, as crazy as it is. You just got to learn to kind of roll with it and you know, walk them through the challenge that's presented you. So that that's something that I suppose as caregivers need to learn and it can be very frustrating, knowing what my father went through, which you know, up to his death, and it's just it's the most nefarious disease I think that's out there. So I'm glad you have a program to help caregivers cope with that and the challenges that they face. We're going to continue with Christina and we're going to talk about some of the common conditions that veterans struggle with. Whose caregivers are enrolled with with the program and activities and events, as well as some upcoming events that we want to talk about. We'll be back right after these brief words.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station a neighbor home.
Speaker 2: Here's your Channel nine first warning weather forecast, final look at the weather. It's going to be humid today. We know that it's going to be maybe rainy, eeded, some torrential downpours. These storms and rains supposed to show up after noontime and a very humid day. If I didn't mention that eighty seven for the high partly clided with a slight chance of rain overy night, seventy the low eighty six the high tomorrow again very humid and a possible afternoon storm. Partly cloudy overnight again muggy and seventy for the low eighty three or high on Wednesday with cloudy skies seventy eight degrees. Right now, time for final traffic.
Speaker 10: From the UC Health Traffic Center. U see health as expert trauma care, focusing on prevention, treating injuries, and supporting long term recovery and rehabilitation. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Northbound two seventy five. It's an accident off onto the right shoulder before Milford Parkway. Traffics still running slow back from State Route thirty two and more slow traffic southbound seventy five between the Lachland Split and Town Street. On that, he sounds like I'm fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey forty eight if thinking about KRCD talk station Bright Thomas with Christina Hall from the Cincinnativa talking about the programs that they have at the VIA for those who are caregivers for veterans. So moving away from veteran healthcare, we need to take care of those who are providing in home care for our veterans. And you mentioned like, for example, how to cope with and deal with veterans are struggling with Alzheimer's. But what are the some of the more common conditions that veterans have whose caregivers are enrolled in your various programs.
Speaker 22: I would say a lot of other veterans are struggling with Parkinson's. We've seen an uptick in those conditions. Als, traumatic brain injury and post traumatic stress disorders, final cord injury, vision impairment, multiple sclerosis. So a number of conditions that really pop up that those are some of the more common and the caregiver doesn't necessarily have to be a lot of times you think of the spouse as a caregiver, but we have caregivers in the program who are children, as veterrends who are siblings, some in our general program who are neighbors, are people that kind of help out the veterrend and take them to appointments and things like that. So there's a broad definition of caregiver. It's really someone who's involved in that veteran's life and helping them be able to live independently.
Speaker 2: And God bless each and every one of you if you're in that role, it's just it's a it's a beautiful thing you're doing for the for the veteran's That sounds to me like maybe some of the training might involve physical therapy.
Speaker 22: Yeah, we work a lot with physical therapy. We also have a program that is called Safe Patient Handling and Mobility, so they work with the caregivers to teach them, you know, the veteran falls. What are the steps is something that you can handle if you're a very tiny spouse, you know, trying to lift a larger veteran, you may need to call nine one one as opposed to try to lift. But then they also talk about different devices and supports that can help, and then occupational therapy pops in to see if there's any adaptive devices or ramps, or there's grants to apply for to get improvements made to your home. So we coordinate with those programs as.
Speaker 2: Well well, smoothing out all the challenges folks face.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: But in terms of what kind of activities or events does the Caregivers Support Program offer.
Speaker 22: Yeah, so we do. Social support is a piece of it. So we just had a Caregiver summit. We coordinated with the DAV a couple of weeks ago and had a big event and we talked about the importance of connection and making sure that caregivers are connected to other people because it can be kind of isolating if your identity is that of a caregiver and your focus is just taking care of someone else, you can lose track of taking care of you. So lots of work around that. We have social hours at least once a month where folks can come and connect with other caregivers. We also have a lot of online support so if you can't leave the home. Say you don't have care for your veteran, but you really want to connect, you can join virtually or over the telephone. We have a support group every other week. We have different workshops and classes. We have an online workshop coming up at the end of July that talks about the foundations of caregiving as well as self care and stress management. And the big event that we're working towards is in November. November is actually National Family Caregiver Months, so nationally we support caregivers throughout that month. So we're going to be having all sorts of events, like a self care fare where folks can come in and learn about aromatherapy and yoga and taichi and all that good stuff that can help them relieve their stress when they have.
Speaker 5: A few moments.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm glad to provide the social support and these other outlets for the stress that they obviously face. I think it's unless you've lived through it and seen it, it's a stress that I think most people just don't fully appreciate. It's like, oh, well, they're taking care of a love one big deal, but now there's a whole lot more that goes on beyond that, so the July workshop, the November events, where can my listening audience get the information to hook up with these various programs.
Speaker 22: We have a local hotline that they can call. You can inquire about any questions you have if you're eligible, and that's five one three four seven five six three six six. And we also have a caregiver a national caregiver website that's wonderful and it does have links to our local and that's just www dotcaregiver dot.
Speaker 17: Va dot gov.
Speaker 2: Caregiver dot va gov. All right, and again the number five one three four seven, five sixty three sixty six or caregiver dot va dot gov. So get in touch with that, take advantage of these wonderful opportunities. Make you feel better personally. Obviously, learn skill sets to help you deal with the veteran you're caring for. Christine, I can't thank you enough for doing what you're doing at the Cincinntiva and for taking care of my veterans as well as the caregivers are helping out the veterans each and every day. It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 22: Absolutely my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Well, you take care and I'm always here for you if you want to let people know more about this information, but check out the July workshop and the November workshop. Get involved and improve the care you're providing, but also improve yourself at the same time. That's what the Cincinniva is all about. And veterans take advantage you earn the benefits. I recommend enrolling. We hear from our various Cincinnati Veterans Service offices on this program all the time. Claremont County Veterans Service Commission, Hamilton County Veteran Service Commiss Warren County. Every county's got one and they are great about helping you secure the benefits that you've earned as a consequence of your service. So D two to fourteen discharge pretty much the only hurdle you've got and some paperwork. So if you can't figure it out, it's since any dot VA, dot gov. Just get in touch with the local veteran service community. They will help you in immeasurable ways. Great show this morning, sad topics subject matters Ken Cober of FLP President and the violence that's going on and the problem with since a police apartment faces plus the morale man it is not Ken did not paint a pretty picture and Christopher Smithman on the same topic, and of course even people out in the Greater Cincinnati community saying, listen, where are our elected officials dealing with this violence trend? Why are they so damned quiet about it? Why don't they, you know, express out loud direct support for the officers and try to come up with a solution to the problem that we're facing, an ever growing problem. A little disheartening to find out that the justice system may be the failure in this. And I'm not talking about the police wing of the justice system. I'm talking about the judicial You can have a prosecutor that wants to prosecute a kid for a curfew violation, but if you have a magistrate that doesn't want to do that and chuck the case out, I guess it's a pointless gesture then even going after them in the first place. And when you have a counsel and a mayor who do not express out loud support for the police, I think we can all draw our conclusions as to how they feel about the police. Generally speaking. Bright Bart inside scoop the Daniel Davis Deep Dive tomorrow in the fifty five Cassey Morning Show podcast. When you can't listen live here what Ken Cober had to say straight from his own words there at fifty five caresee dot com and Christopher Smithman as well, podcast right there and your IHEARTMEDIAPP as well. Thank you Joe Strecker as always for producing the program. I will look forward to talking with the Breitbart folks and Daniel Davis tomorrow and I hope you have a wonderful day. Try to make it a good one, and don't go away because Glenn Beck is coming right.
Speaker 1: Big things are happening, breaking news happening now. We'll tell you more at the top of the hour. Is too aggressive and over the top. Fifty five KRC, the talk station