Speaker 1: You are about to listen to the Doctor Dahlia Show, sasey stimulating talk radio and now here's Doctor Dahlia.
Speaker 2: Doctor Doctor tell me true I supposed to do shy.
Speaker 3: We are back on the Doctor Dahlia Show one eight seven seven Doc Dalli one eight seven seven Doc d Ali. Well, they really got to get a lid on this ebola disease. Already it has killed two thousand people. Now this is the second largest outbreak, but the fastest growing outbreak. This is moving faster than the one from twenty fourteen to twenty sixteen that ended up killing eleven thousand, three hundred. I believe this strain is a little different. It's the Boondi bugio strain, and the existing treatments don't seem to be as effective. So the death toll continues to rise. To the Democratic Republic of Congo, and infectious disease experts are warning people around the world that they should remain aware of this. The virus has spread rapidly across parts of eastern and northeastern DRC, with early cross border cases in Uganda. Published government data shows a total of four three hundred and eighty one confirmed cases and unfortunately by the time this got figured out, it had already spread and epidemiologists had to do a lot of catch up. The good news is we aren't seeing it in countries beyond that. But unfortunately, if the death toll has already surpassed two thousand people, that means those individuals got it bad enough where medicine didn't work, they got diagnosed too late, and if they were diagnosed too late, they must have exposed multiple people before.
Speaker 4: They were found and then treated.
Speaker 3: So the speed, the pace at which this is moving is unprecedented and according to public experts, they say according to David Wool, doctor wol Division of Infections Disease at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill told Fox Who's Digital that the slope is just so catastrophic with more and more people getting infected at a very significant pace without much slowing down. So you are having the issues of you have dense populations, you have limited access, You have people distrustful of leaving their village, leaving their town and going to get treatment at these medical centers. You also have militias and rebels who are attacking these medical centers. And then you also have some people who are just in denial. Now that's something I saw as a doctor a lot. Somebody would have cancer, or they would have diabetes, or they would have obesity, or they would have a medical condition, and they just didn't believe it.
Speaker 4: They were just in denial.
Speaker 3: And you ask, you know, I remember a medical student going, why can't they just look in the mirror. You're showing them their labs. Why are they in denial? And I go, well, it's a defense mechanism. I mean when I look in the mirror, Okay, I don't see myself as overweight. I see myself as a supermodel. If I did it, I would get sad. So you mentally block or you mentally reperceive things. The problem is then you're not gonna get stuff done. That's what we just talked about with students not getting grades and being told, oh, you're good, you're passing. You aren't going to better yourself, you aren't going to try and improve. So as a doctor, I had to be very very careful with somebody's mental health. Where I told you about this case where one of my patients was a smoker was coughing. So I did a chess X ray and because I had a background as an er doc and urchcure doc.
Speaker 4: We had an X ray on site. Plus my house was a chiropractor and I love looking at my own films.
Speaker 3: So I do his chess X ray and he's got this bit big ball mass in.
Speaker 4: His upper left lobe of his lung.
Speaker 3: So I go, Frank, come here, I gotta show you something, all right, He goes lay it on me.
Speaker 4: Doc, What do I got? I go, well, this is what I'm.
Speaker 3: Looking at that's in your lung right now, and he goes, all right, So should I load the gun tonight? And I'm like, no, you should not load the gun and kill yourself because I got to tell you something. I'm looking at this ball and I'm not getting a feeling that it's bad. Could be a fungal ball, could be fungus, could be I'm just not getting that. It looks too cute, it looks too round. I just don't have that feeling that this is a bad cancer. So you're gonna put the gun away, and you're gonna fight, and we're gonna knock the sucker out of the ballpark. We're gonna take a bat to this ball and knock it the hell out. So I send him to a cardiovascular I send him to a thorsque surgeon. The theracic surgeon calls me the next day. I get you wouldn't have that in socialized medicine. But I was able to get him in to the specialists and the surgeon goes, Dahlia, will you please talk to your patient. He doesn't want me to do surgery because he says it's not cancer and that it's fungus. What the hell is he talking about? Will you tell him to get the surgery, this is cancer.
Speaker 4: I go one.
Speaker 3: That might be my fault because I didn't want I gave him a differential of all the possibilities.
Speaker 4: But yeah, put him on the.
Speaker 3: Phone, Frank, get the damn surgery, because even if it is fungus, you gotta get it out.
Speaker 4: Get the surgery, all right. So he gets the surgery done, They do the biopsy, they do the pathology, and you know what, it was a fungal ball. It wasn't cancer. It was a fungiball.
Speaker 3: Now he needed to have that low belung removed. Not sure how he got that fungus. So my instinct was right. But if I would have told the guy that he had cancer, and had the approach that the rastic surgeon had that attitude, My patient Frank would have killed himself that night. And so I have to be very careful. And I didn't want to lie, and I didn't want to blow smoke and give false hope. But I was really honest. I go, this just doesn't look like typical lung cancer to me. It was probably the size of a pickleball. It was a big round mass in his lungs, but it just looked too round to me.
Speaker 4: So I always have to understand.
Speaker 3: That if I want a patient to be able to be compliant and follow my recommendations, they got to be on board and they got to think there's.
Speaker 4: A reason to fight. And thank god, you know. And he fainked me. He was like, Doc, you were right. Did I still need the surgery? I go, yes, you did. Because the fungus was consuming the whole lung. It had to come out.
Speaker 3: There was no way to salvage the lung cutting that whole thing out, So it.
Speaker 4: Was it was. It worked out good. But you know, with ebola, if you have patients going, well, I don't want to go in. I don't want to They're.
Speaker 3: Not gonna get treated, and then if they're not gonna get treated or isolate, they're.
Speaker 4: Gonna spread it to other people. So this is kind of what's going on there.
Speaker 3: During the mass of twenty fourteen outbreak in West Africa, twenty eight thousand people got diagnosed. I believe it was like eleven thousand, three hundred people died and it was the worst outbreak of a bola we've seen. And we've seen ebola since the seventies, but that's when we first isolated it. But this is spreading too quickly and so and it doesn't look like they're limiting it yet.
Speaker 4: We'll keep you posting one eight seven seven dot dollary.
Speaker 1: This is an urgent announcement for anyone that's ten thousand dollars or more in debt. Before you make another minimum payment, you need to know there are special programs that can completely free you of your debt. Total Financial Freedom can help you become debt free in months instead of years. Resolve your credit card debt, signature loans, department store cards, internet loans, and timeshares. Call Total Financial Freedom Now at eight hundred eight seven eight sixty twenty for a free consultation for sixteen years Total Financial Freedom has helped thousands get out of debt. You can feel confident when calling because Total Financial Freedom is a plus rated by the Better Business Bureau. Battling for years and years stunk in the endless cycle of minimum payments could take decades. You have the right to get your debt resolved and substantially reduce your monthly payments. Call Total Financial Freedom now at eight hundred eight seven eight sixty twenty. That's eight hundred eight seven eight sixty twenty, eight hundred eight seven eight six zero two zero.
Speaker 5: Let's face it, guys, we're living in times where the truth is becoming more suppressed and censorship is increasing in the alarming rate, especially on social media platforms. It's Clyde and I want to tell you about a safe and secure digital playground we put together just for you. It's aftermath dot Media. You get access to thousands of ground zero archives and podcasts, along with our private social media groups with your basic membership starting at only seven dollars a month. Each subscription includes tech support, access to the RSS feeds, along with our own chat room and Telegram channel. In addition, the premium membership includes research, study groups, webinars, a document and movie library, a live video stream of Ground Zero, a monthly zoom chat with Me, and other bonus content. Be sure to check out our yearly specials as well. Sign up today. While you're thinking about it, sign up at aftermath dot media Again, that's aftermath dot Media.
Speaker 3: Andrew Batandaza Alia Show seven seven DOLBI one eight seven seven doc d a l I. So sadly we've had another American killed by the hands of somebody who should have never been in this country. And the stabbing suspect arrested for stabbing an elderly man outside his Bay Area home in front of his neighbors was apparently an illegal migrant from Venezuela. He had been released from jail the day before. Goes to this man who's working I believe, in his garage, argues with them, gets him out of the garage.
Speaker 4: And ends up stabbing him.
Speaker 3: Marco siriate Valdez, thirty six years old, whose full legal name was identified by federal authorities as Marcos said bardo er sorry Iriart de Valdez usper was an alien who had a previous criminal history, also holds citizenship in Spain. Is accused of fatally stabbing Todd Stewart, sixty eight years old, on the front lawn of the retirees home last week. Surveillance footage captured the whole attack. Not sure why, what the motive was, why he was in America, what the hell was going on, why he was released from jail, But there's a lot of questions being reported by the New York Post. On Tuesday, the Department Horome and Security revealed that Iriarte Valdez is a Venezuelan illegal alien who committed the alleged crime in Sanctuary, California. The Department posted on X Governor Gavin Newsom must not release this murderer from jail and turn him over to US so we can remove him from our nation. Sanctuary politicians and must stop putting politics above public safety. This type of insanity leads to more crimes and more innocent victims, they say, because sanctuary cities refused to work with ice law enforcement, criminal illegal aalians or release from jails into American communities to perpetuate more crimes. Arie Are de Valdez has been in the US in two thousand and seven. Apparently he was already in trouble with the law, and on pre trial release for a residential burglary case. When he was jailed last Tuesday for allegedly violating the terms of his home detention monitoring. A day later, a Contra Costa County Superior Court judge released him on his own recognisance and referred him back to home detention monitoring. Less than twenty four hours later, someone's dead.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Not sure what went from a burglary to a murderer. Again, we don't know much, but Martinez Police Chief Andrew White said the stabber apparently did not even have his home detention monitoring equipment placed on him until Friday, which was the day after Stewart was killed. So he was sent home to be monitored, but they didn't get to the monitoring, so he was free to do whatever. He was arrested Friday evening at his home on the sixteen hundred block of Ash would Drive on suspicion to murder. He's being held on one point one million dollar bail. You know, this is very, very frustrating because the only reason I could think that a Democrat would want criminal illegal aliens to be in America is for the vote. You it's it's they try to say, well, you know they have rights, and to deport him is cruel if somebody commits a crime, if I go to Japan and commit a crime, if I go to Canada, if I sneak into Canada, they deport you immediately. Look at every other country's deportation laws, they're stricter, and it's so obvious that what the And this is also why they want to get rid of the electoral college because if they get through sanctuary cities, you know, up the population and then use that population to sway elections, then they stay in control. But if they're killing your constituents, you're not doing your job. And that's frightening. And so you you have George Sorows and people, you know, funding these these riots, and people trying to push ICE out of their community and and and you know, the ICE wouldn't have to deport if we didn't have the border debacle that we had with Biden. And our deportation is way milder than other countries. But you you don't see people protesting ICE in Canada. Were Germany or Japan. Look at their rules read online, they're all over the very easy for you to read. You misrepresent, you sneak across the border. You commit crime, even under the process of trying to naturalize, you get kicked out of these countries.
Speaker 4: It's a no brainer.
Speaker 3: Yet in America when we have those same rules, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: We're cruel.
Speaker 3: Why because again they and we wouldn't be in this position if our voter laws again mirrored other countries.
Speaker 4: You have to be a citizen to vote. If you're not a citizen, you don't get to vote. So this would be moot.
Speaker 3: The deportation, the illegal aliens, the numbers, that would be moot if they couldn't vote anyway. But we have such a half assed system where democrats think, no, no, no, we still got their vote. We don't have any law preventing that or enforcing it. Nobody has to show ID. So just bring them in and don't deport them. And we're going to fight them deporting them. Well, it's a mess and.
Speaker 4: We look stupid. Other countries are looking.
Speaker 3: At us like, really, you don't have this figured out. Mail in balance. If you ask for a mail in ballot in any other country, you have to qualify before it, you have to apply for it. Once they give you that, that negates your ability to vote in person. You are now responsible for that said ballot. If you want to do it permanently, that's a whole nother application process. Oh my god, that would be horrible in America, it would hurt women. Any other country does that because mail in ballots offer ways to cheeve.
Speaker 4: This really is a no brainer.
Speaker 3: It's obvious, and everybody acts like America as the most cruelest country in the world to any other country.
Speaker 4: They handle their mail in ballads very strictly.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, ice agents may be wearing electric shock gloves. According to Newsweek. They say the Trump administration could soon equip federal immigration agents with gloves capable of delivering electric shocks during physical confrontations. The device is known as glove generated Low output Voltage Emitter. Are manufactured by Kentucky based Compliance Technologies LLC, and they're marketed as a tool to help officers gain control of resistant individuals during close range encounters. This could also hopefully minimize gun encounters. Although somebody's coming at you with their van, somebody's coming at you, Yep, you're gonna be limited. But Immigration Customs Enforcement will spend up to twenty million dollars on these devices for homeland security investigations and enforcement and removal operations. According to the DHS spokesperson told Newsweek, ICE is constantly assessing the needs of our officers in the field to ensure they have the tools and equipment necessary to safely arrest and remove criminal illegal aliens from a country. Every decision is made with careful consideration and appropriately reviewed to ensure that any technology ICE utilizes as consistent with all applicable law enforcement policies and standards. They say, our officers are highly trained and de escalation tactics and regularly receive ongoing use of forced training, so the low output can be safer than already some of the stunt guns we have, because if somebody has cardiac issues or rhythmia, as some of these stunt guns could put them into an arrhythma or put them into cardiac arrest, so something with low voltage may actually be a safer form. Compliant Technologies describes the glove. The glove as a wearable conductive distraction and de escalation device. It functions as a standard patrol groove until activated, but he says the device is intended for law enforcement, correction, security, and military and emergency medical personnel. They could activate the device using a switch located on the glove. It could then deliver an electrical stimulus to an individual skin which is intended to distract her, interrupt muscle movement, and gain compliance.
Speaker 4: So if you have somebody who's who is trying to fight the.
Speaker 3: Remember there was that man who was uh, I forget which state this was where the female officer struggled to put handcuffs on him. It was at a traffic stop. I think it was an illegal immigrant. I think he had violated the law and she was trying to put handcuffs on him, and he wrestled out of it, and then he jumped in the car.
Speaker 4: So she said stunt.
Speaker 3: She said she was going to reach for her stun gun, and it said she reached for her weapon, shot him and he died.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 3: If you could neutralize him temporarily, that I see that being very useful, then you could get the handcuffs on them. You don't have to worry about somebody running away being a threat, needing to use another weapon. So, the company says the device typically achieves compliance within seconds and leaves no lasting marks. It adds that no more than two gloves should be applied at one time and generally for no longer than fifteen seconds unless circumstances requireeditional force. To gain control, the device must make direct skin contact and it's not effective through closing clothing or hair. Now, the fact that this is made public, now I think you're gonna have a lot of individuals cover up neck all that, and so there you got to be able to access skin. But it's interesting one eight seven seven Doctor Dollary, don't go away.
Speaker 6: At Hotshot Secret. We share the science behind common diesel problems in their solutions.
Speaker 4: For example, diesel fuel setane levels.
Speaker 6: In many states, the setane rating and diesel fuel is forty two to forty five. Most diesel engines operate more efficiently with the cetane rating of forty eight to fifty one. Treatment of hot Shot Secret Diesel Extreme will raise your seatane seven points, increase fuel economy, and.
Speaker 5: Improve cold starts.
Speaker 6: Due to a cleaner burn, there are less hydrocarbons in particulate matter in your exhaust. This reduces the blockage of your diesel particulate filter. Using Diesel Extreme generates eighty three percent less DPF regenerations.
Speaker 1: The six and one Diesel.
Speaker 6: Extreme formula also includes the most concentrated detergent on the market, lubricity enhancer, water demulsifier, rust and corrosion inhibitors, and a fuel stabilizer.
Speaker 5: Hot Shot Secret Diesel Extreme is available in nationwide at truck stops, Fine Farm in autostores and online at Hotshotsecret dot com.
Speaker 7: Hot Shot Secrets cowered by Science Yes.
Speaker 3: When You're back on the Doctor Alis Show one eight seven seven Doctor Dali one eight seven to seven docdli So headlines are saying that more Americans are having a harder time keeping up with their home and car payments. They're falling even further behind on their loans than at any time in the past decade. They say a greater share of people went at least thirty days late on their mortgage payments in the second quarter of this year than in any quarter since twenty fifteen, according to the New York Fed's latest quarterly report on.
Speaker 4: Household DN and credit.
Speaker 3: Moore also went into serious delinquency or ninety days late or more on their car payments during the same time period than at any quarter since twenty ten. Now this is coming up one because people are going to be with the midterms talking about affordable. People can't afford their home, they canifford the car, the student loan debt. Right, there's going to be a big push to get student loan debt written off. Bean that you're seeing more and more headlines about people's mortgages and cars.
Speaker 4: That's going to be next.
Speaker 3: You're going to see democrats want us to write off other people's car payments and house payments. And you know, I'm I I'm a little confused as to you know, why we didn't have a much more conservative approach to finances early on. So I was always trained to not buy something beyond my means.
Speaker 4: Now I get a lot of people have been losing their jobs.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you think your job, your seventy thousand dollars year job, or your ninety thousand dollars year job, or your one hundred and ten thousand dollars year job, is going to be your job for life. But you know, I think in the last few years, especially with with COVID, we've kind of learned that it's different. You know, this isn't your your grandfather's economy that where you know, you get a job and then you're with a company for twenty five thirty years you get a pension.
Speaker 4: Doesn't happen that way.
Speaker 3: So we've known about how the economy and how our job could be gone at a whim, very easily within the last six years, at least with COVID. And so I'm wondering, and I'd like to see the percentage of the Americans who are struggling with their home payment.
Speaker 4: And car payment.
Speaker 3: Were these made pre COVID And now that you've lost your job, you can't you keep.
Speaker 4: You know, make ends of me, which is tragic? Or was this post COVID? Were you overspent.
Speaker 3: And you said, you know what, I want a four bedroom house, or I want an electric vehicle. Right, I knew early on then I couldn't afford an electric vehicle. These things were at minimum fifty grand, and my Corvette is used.
Speaker 4: We got it way.
Speaker 3: Cheaper than that in twenty twenty, and so I only buy what I could afford. I remember years ago I was telling my father I need to get a credit card, and he's like why, and he goes, what do you want to buy If you don't have the.
Speaker 4: Money, if you don't have a cash, you shouldn't buy it.
Speaker 3: I go, it's not that I want to buy anything, it's because I need to build a credit history. I can't move out of the house without a credit history.
Speaker 4: And my mom didn't want me moving.
Speaker 3: Out, and she's like, no, I don't want you having a credit card because she didn't want me moving out.
Speaker 4: Well, so I figured it out anyway. But for me, I had to move into a.
Speaker 3: Dorm and then I got a credit card, and then I built credit history so then I could finally get an apartment. But but I remember, you know, I always That's how I always learned. If I can't afford what I want to buy, if I'll have a cash for it, I shouldn't buy it. Now when it comes to terms to a house, you know, we've changed thinking. We're like, well you can get into a house. You make an agreement with a bank. You are going to owe because nobody has cash for a house anymore.
Speaker 4: So you are going to owe.
Speaker 3: But the bank will not give you that loan if you can't prove your income and if the income isn't stable. So I'd like to know of these Americans who are not able to pay their car payment and home payment. Did they over buy or is it that they've had these homes. They've had these cars and they don't have the job. And that's important to know because we got a lot of newer, younger individuals wanting to get into the market, wanting to buy things. My first car I spent eighteen hundred dollars on it was a Chevy Chevette. I think it was like an eighty six or an eighty five Chevy Chavette, no air conditioning, and I got it for eighteen hundred dollars. They I needed to finance it. I didn't have eighteen hundred dollars, and so when they explained what financing meant, I'm like, oh, no, no, no, I'm not paying any more than eighteen hundred. Just cut that eighteen hundred into payments. But I'm not going to end up paying more for this otherwise I'm walking out. And they did that. They did, and then I made payments and I worked and I paid it off. But for me starting out, I only bought what I could afford. My next car was in a Suzu truck I got for I think sixty two sixty three hundred dollars. I remember, I really really got a good deal on that because I traded in the Chevy shaved, and I remember the guy starts running out, going, wait a second, I messed up. I can't say the truck for this, and I go, I already signed it, so sorry. But but again I didn't have the money. I didn't have sixty two hundred dollars. So I used the cars of the down payment, and then I waited tables in medical school to pay it off, and I used my tip money. And so I just always thought that I had to buy something small, built, work, pay it off, and then hopefully parlay it into something bigger. However, if you went in to it with I got a job, the bank approved it, and now I lost my job. Well that's a problem, and we could be looking at a major depression as we see more and more people lose their jobs.
Speaker 4: It's interesting I'm.
Speaker 3: Seeing articles going, gosh, you know, what do you do if your employee has a second job.
Speaker 4: Well, of course your employee is going to have a second job.
Speaker 3: The reason why I worked multiple part time jobs is it because I was money hungry. It was in case I lost one of those jobs, I had something else to fall back on. So I think a lot of people are thinking, God forbid. I lose my job.
Speaker 4: I want to know that.
Speaker 3: I have something else, because I can't just rely on unemployment, and unemployment obviously doesn't look like it's enough to pay for somebody's house and pay for somebody's car now before the housing market gets really really bad. If you are in a four bedroom or a house that you don't think you could afford, to get out of it and downsize. And I've been saying this for years, downsizing is the key, and I talked to my husband about this. I go worst case scenario. I'm fine in an apartment. The kids move out and we you know, and the apartment accepts animals as long as I have room for my gym equipment and my computer.
Speaker 4: I only live in my house.
Speaker 3: I only live in probably a thousand square feet of it, so I don't really need a three thousand or a four thousand square foot house.
Speaker 4: I just need a place to park the car.
Speaker 3: I need my treadmill, I need room for my computer, I need a place for the dogs and cats.
Speaker 4: And I'm good. And so maybe start to think like that. With the cars.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to say, because you want a car where you have warranty and warranties are expensive, and you want a car that you could later sell. I don't know how to sell an electric vehicle. I think maybe the company will allow trade ins. But it's really hard to sell a used electric vehicle with a used battery. So maybe rethink buying electric. You know, yes, it helps saving on gas, but if those cars are too expensive, maybe you shouldn't be buying those yet. So you know, Americans now struggling to pay for their own home and cars, that's gonna be the next thing that you're gonna hear Democrats say right free right now, It's free college, it's write off student debt, and free healthcare. And then they're gonna start to promise and we'll pay for your car, We'll pay for your your mortgage. There's only so much. What about job creation, Well, we're just gonna scare the rich people out of New York.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna tax rich go. That doesn't help create jobs.
Speaker 3: Why don't you incentivize a rich for every job you create, we knock off five hundred.
Speaker 4: Dollars of your tax liability.
Speaker 3: Why don't you incentivize That's what they should have done with Obamacare, rather than penalizing you for not giving health insurance for everybody. You provide health insurance too. You get a tax break for every employee you hire, you get a tax break incentivize.
Speaker 4: But that's not what the socials want to do.
Speaker 3: And so, you know, I think many of us, you know, we got what these new iPhones, we're going to be coming up on the holidays pretty quickly here, and.
Speaker 4: Everybody's going to want to buy the newer.
Speaker 3: And better iPhone and buy and stream and then the NFL streaming. Then the people are spending and then and and there, and and they're rethink about what you're spending money on and and be more savvy with that. But at some point you can't expect the government to help pay your bills. And with the massive job loss, we got to start thinking about downsizing now.
Speaker 4: One eight seven seven doct.
Speaker 8: Ula Carlami here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot com. At this site, there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent bought by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log onto one hundred radio shows dot com. That's one zero zero radio shows dot com.
Speaker 7: Have you ever thought you'd like to buy and sell houses but didn't know how or where to get the money. My name is Ron Legrand, and over the past forty years, I've bought over three thousand houses without using my money or credit, and taught thousands to do the same. Today, even in a virtual environment, we buy nice houses and nice neighborhoods using no banks, glters, contractors, or other costly entanglements, and build huge cash flow and wealth without the hassle of tenants, all without credit and little or no money. You don't need a license or experience, and I'll show you exactly how it's done. Text free to ninety nine seven ninety nine and I'll send you my free training. I promise you I'll change the way you think about real estate and open the door to a new lifestyle that doesn't involve risk or rehabs and can quickly replace your current income. Text free to ninety nine seven ninety nine and let me show you how to take your life back and build cash flow and wealth from your home. That's free to ninety nine seven ninety nine again free to ninety nine seven ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Doctor Dahlia, Here are you tired, burned out, gaining weight, succumbing to the daily pressures of life?
Speaker 4: Well, how's your dopamine doing? How you feel right now, how you'll feel an hour from now, and how you'll feel.
Speaker 3: Next week is completely reliant on your dopamine. Our daily motivation and willingness to push your challenges depends on the intricate chemical process dopamine provides. Christian Calikus and I created Deployed Dopamine, a book that tells you what dopamine is, when it dysfunctions, and how to successfully deplay.
Speaker 4: It when needed. Find Deploying Dopamine on Amazon today. Check it out.
Speaker 3: When you're back from doctor do you show one eight seven seven one eight seven seven D O C D A L I. So this was an interesting email that I got from a listener. So apparently his child, uh, they've started school, and being that it is again our two hundred and fiftieth birthday, they started off with the American history and my listener was a little concerned because the child was talking about how racist Thomas Jefferson was and.
Speaker 4: Had, you know, as opposed to how my listener.
Speaker 3: When he went to school, it was well, you had the founding fathers and they were all heroes and everything was all wonderful.
Speaker 4: The history is now being taught more.
Speaker 3: Uh more comprehensively, and rather than just painting everybody in you know, this this heroic light. They're talking about the you know, you know, more about the reality of of what happened with Thomas Jefferson owning slaves and you know, writing in his uh uh notes on the State of Virginia his feelings in terms of of black individuals and their inferiority uh to whites and their ability intellectually, et cetera. And so the listener was a little kind of concerned that, you know, schools are you know, are are really you know, talking a lot and concentrating a lot of the racism and the slavery, and that they're basically making our forefathers look.
Speaker 4: Look like bad guys, and and you know, what do I see going on in schools?
Speaker 3: And and so you know, I'm so I'm mixed because I think history needs to be taught accurately and if you know slavery was you know, if if our country was built on the backs of slaves, that has to be taught.
Speaker 4: That is that that we just because we don't like what we did in America.
Speaker 3: Even though in Britain and France they had already abolished slavery, we were slow to do it. Yes, it was started by the British, and I think Thomas Jefferson wanted to convey that that, you know, we you know, we brought slavery to the colonies. You know, we now we have to figure out how to stop it. All men are created equal. But he had slaves, and then also there was the belief that he had a relationship with Sally Hemings, who was I believe sixteen fourteen to sixteen years old and father to many children with her, who was one of his slaves who he temporarily freed, I believe when they were in France, because in France you didn't you couldn't have slaves.
Speaker 4: And so so there's a lot of backstory to Thomas Jefferson.
Speaker 3: Even though Thomas Jefferson is a founding forefather, gets credited with America's with America's freedom from Great Britain and the start of the emancipation push by Abraham Lincoln based on Thomas Jefferson's All Men Are Created Equal, The schools are going to be now more comprehensive as it relates to what was happening to all populations Native American, African American, et cetera. And so I think schools are going to have to ensure that they are teaching with utmost objectivity and honesty. You if you know, there were slaves that we need to know about that that was, you know, and and that was you know, you can't just say somebody was the most angelic person.
Speaker 4: You have to explain that.
Speaker 3: Look, they you know, took part of something that we later worked really hard to reverse. Whether they had internal struggles or not. Some of their movements helped the situation, some of their movements didn't. And so you know, teaching about that I think is extremely important and and I I think it it is a part of the You can't just teach history, you know, with with you can't just you know, have the front page, not the back page. And you got to be able to, you know, give an accurate account of what's going on. Do we cancel people, do we take somebody who is considered, you know, the forefather of our country and a hero during the American Revolution, although I don't think he served a battle.
Speaker 4: But but in terms of you know, what he did and how he.
Speaker 3: Was prosecuted for, you know, working to separate from Great Britain, you know, do we uh no, we don't cancel them. We don't you know, try to turn these people into you know, the most you know, evil people on the planet. But I think having honesty about what happened. I don't like people hiding history.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't. I mean, the the history of the.
Speaker 3: Holocaust is horrible and what was done to Jews, Christians, Catholics, LGGBTQ.
Speaker 4: I mean that was you that just to hide it because you don't like what it is. That No, I mean people need to learn and they need to learn that that's what happened.
Speaker 3: And credit needs to be where credits do if the reason why our you know, forefathers could do the work they could because there were.
Speaker 4: Slaves that supported them and that worked for them. Slaves need to get credit. So I agree with teaching appropriately and objectively.
Speaker 3: Now in terms of the concentration, this is what I know some people are concerned about where there's so much focus on an aspect of our history that the rest of it might not get taught again. You know, the key is is you want to teach history comprehensively, the good and the bad, and you don't want to put your So when I taught medicine, you know, uh, even though I was not a fan of Obamacare, Uh, I had to put my subjectivity aside to say, look, this is what the law is. If I'm going to teach to infuse my you know, personal beliefs and curtail and trunk caid and no, okay, I need to teach exactly what that is, what what you know and and you know, let's say you have a a person who doesn't believe in birth control. They have to still teach medical students about birth control and teach patients about it because it's an option that it might be necessary. So you know, when when teaching history, you know, you know, I mean, you know, if if you thought, you know, what Thomas Jefferson did with Sally Heman was you know, horrible and and and what that that doesn't that doesn't come into play. Your job is to teach history. He had a relationship with his slave maybe they were in love, maybe they weren't. Now we don't have evidence, you know, but but this is what is being reported.
Speaker 4: And and you know, the kids, you know, students.
Speaker 3: Need to know how our country was founded and what was the sixteen hundreds, like, what were the seventeen hundreds, like, what was going on? Why was the French Revolution happening at the same time. These are things kids, you know, kids need to learn. You know, why were poor people.
Speaker 4: Put in worse.
Speaker 3: Positions in France than they were in in in America? Why was slavery abolished in France but not in America?
Speaker 4: You know, what was going on? What was the thinking? Because we need to learn from our mistakes.
Speaker 3: But when people want to turn around and say, you know, these individuals who serve our country or we're president or whatever, we need to hang an effigy, that that's taking it to another level. Yeah, you you be objective about what they did. It's it's up to the person, the student to decide if they want to consider them a.
Speaker 4: Hero or not. That's not for the teacher.
Speaker 3: A teacher doesn't say this person was a real son of a gun, that's not you know, well, what did Hitler do Hitler murdered millions of people that that that should be enough for you know, you're a student to understand this is not right. Fascism is not good, uh, you know, lack of checks and balances, inability of other countries to protect themselves against a world of power that just kept feeding off of them. And I know it's really really hard to keep subjectivity out of it. And I understand that there's a lot of teachers that are very frustrated that they weren't taught history the way we're teaching it now. That has to be very frustrating to think that generations of individuals were forgotten, lost, abused, and they don't get the credit they deserve for our country being free, well.
Speaker 4: The black soldiers in the Civil War.
Speaker 3: So teach history correctly, comprehensibly, objectively, and I don't think you're.
Speaker 4: Going to go wrong one eight seven to seven out, Dolly.
Speaker 2: Can you believe with all the recent violent protests, looting and destruction, some areas are considering either funding.
Speaker 5: For abolishing the police.
Speaker 2: At a time when America's neighborhoods need the protection of police the most, some elected officials would rather create more chaos by playing politics If you're sick of elected officials caving in to demands of the radical left, you're not alone. It's time we stand up and declare our support for local police. The majority of police officers are important partners in protecting our God given rights. If you prefer freedom over chaos, then learn how you can help protect the local police that serve your community. Call today and request your free support your local police infopackt Nile eight hundred JBS USA one. That's eight hundred JBS USA one. Request your free support your local police info packet by calling eight hundred JBS USA one today