Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up. Are we fired up for the football season or what? Guys?
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, hallelujah.
Speaker 3: No more third, second and third stringers.
Speaker 2: I'm sick.
Speaker 3: I'm sick of watching rookie starters go up against second and third stringers for seven drives, throws, zero touchdowns, rush one in and he's the best things in touchdown. Jesus, here, you here, you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna say welcome hello to all the people so far in the check because we're gonna quick go on there. Let's go nights charge on. Josh and the guys are covering the game, so I don't know exactly which game you're talking about, but they'll be in and out no problem. We appreciate all the comments. The Bounce House definitely gets the boom. Let's get it rolling. Go nights. Well, there's a couple of different nights, so I don't know which nights you're necessarily talking about. Could be UCF, but I'm not sure. I hope Travis is watching the game. I'm guessing that means I'm surprised SFT didn't make a trip to the Bounce House to cover the game. The bounce House is bouncing my friends there covering the Um game this weekend, and then they could have covered UCF tonight then gone to the swamp after to cover the uf UM game. Fire up the party. So I can tell you guys, and I don't know if you guys heard or not, but that Scott and I are going up to a place I have yet to be in the state of Florida. We are going to Gainesville to the swamp. We are covering the Hurricanes versus the Gators game on Saturday. I will be on the field taking pictures since Scott will be writing a story. So I am super excited because it's the last really big venue in the state of Florida that I haven't been to.
Speaker 2: Nice. That's great.
Speaker 1: I am excited. So let's introduce really my panel, because I didn't do that even though I went through all those people in the chatroom. So next to me is mister Ralph Williams. Hello, Ralph, how are you your right?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: Everything's great, And you know here in Pittsburgh, I had a hot day, some rain, and here.
Speaker 2: We are so ready for some football where they get fired up. Tonight.
Speaker 4: I have a special announcement for everybody, those of you who didn't watch the NFL Roundtable last night. I have announced which I haven't announced here in Pittsburgh yet, but we'll soon. I will be putting Sports Corner back on the radio. It's going to be on twelve fifty AM ninety two point five FM to Answer in Pittsburgh every Saturday two to three pm with Me, Ralph Williams and Smoking Jim Frasier.
Speaker 1: So awesome, awesome, awesome.
Speaker 4: And I'm still fighting, still fighting to keep the TV station up and running that we had our Sports Corner TV show on, Still fighting for that. We have a meeting with the Deputy mayor coming up soon here in Pittsburgh, and so things are moving along. Had a radio personality who thinks that the station should be shut down, insulted me a little bit and everything else, and I'm going to see to it that he has an egg on his face because I think we can be able to pool this off at the last minute, get to save the TV station from shutting down. Then you'll get to see Sports Corner of TV.
Speaker 1: Awesome awesome and my co host, mister Smoking Jeremy B. How are you tonight?
Speaker 3: Good evening, But just for Joshua door one time, Boh, good evening, Will, there's your dog check, don't ask again?
Speaker 1: And d Lo's I have not been to the Bounce House uc F Stadium. I guess I really didn't count it as one of the big stadiums. But maybe I'm wrong, so I'll have to put it on the list to go yet. But they're saying good luck and hell yeah, okay, what's going on? Joshua, thank you for tuning in and saying hi to vote, Will Vogel.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And James is the guy?
Speaker 2: Oh, Robert, thank you Robert.
Speaker 3: That won the drawing when I hit five hundred subs.
Speaker 1: Oh really cool.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's getting a nice free custom tumbler made by Leonard. He gets twenty five dollars off if he ever comes into Brandon's office set of tires.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 4: You know what I came up for, Jeremy, I asked, you know, I asked for some tires.
Speaker 2: I mentioned your name. They charged me double.
Speaker 3: You went to the wrong brands. You must have went to the one on Kettering.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I thought one of the things I was going to do differently in the show is I'm going to introduce a new segment, and the new segment is called did you know? And depending on the week, it could be off the wall, little uh tidbit or nugget. And I thought tonight, since really for most of the college football the season starts tonight. I mean that kind. I know, there was a couple of games last weekend and stuff like that, but for most all of the teams, Oh, Candy, just an fyi, Josh, and the guys only care about two things, the Florida Panthers and the UCF nights.
Speaker 3: No, no, you don't say that is funny.
Speaker 1: That is funny. So we're going to talk about some stadiums, some college stadiums and some of their traditions. I was doing some research and one of the stadiums, and I don't know why I'm even bringing up the Ohio State because that's not one of my favorites, but one of their traditions is the marching band that eloquently form into a beautiful script spelling Ohio and the dotting of the eye is the big tradition. This tradition, which takes many hours of practice, began, You guys have any clue what year that began.
Speaker 2: I'd say nineteen forty.
Speaker 3: Very close, Okay, I was gonna say nineteen thirty.
Speaker 1: Eight, nineteen thirty six.
Speaker 2: Wow, jeez, Jeremy and I were both close, guys. I were.
Speaker 1: Another one of the college traditions. Actually, if you were if you were watching ESPN, you would have seen it tonight, the Buffalo Run with Ralphie at the University of Colorado, Boulder. So they are playing tonight and that tradition goes back to nineteen sixty seven. Then they're you, guys, know what they do at Clemson.
Speaker 3: Howard?
Speaker 2: Now I don't.
Speaker 1: They have a rock. Some people believe it in the metaphysical properties of crystal, but the players at Clemson University attribute their wins to the magical properties of Howard's Rock, a decorative office stone from Death Valley turned pregame ritual that sits atop the east Zone hill beginning in nineteen sixty six, with the players running past the rock onto the field where they would later beat Virginia. Howard's Rock has since been touched before every game to increase the chances of the home win. There's all kinds of different ones. Like I'll say, if for any of you that are Wisconsin fans, and there probably aren't many Wisconsin fans watching right now, but they do jump around in Wisconsin, which is jump around. And I'll tell you Scott witnessed this for the first time when we covered a Wisconsin versus Penn State game and he was up in the press box and all of a sudden, he's like, it was shaking, and he's like, what's going on. Is there an earthquake? Is there an earthquake? What's going on? And no, they were playing this and the fans were jumping around. It shook the stadium. So that is pretty cool. Let's see, Ralph, you were telling us what they do at pit games.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, pick games at Akroshuer Stadium, they play the third after the third quarter, they play Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. What they've done is is they've taken Neil Sweet Caroline and instead of it just going do do do sway kick, let's go pit and how great times we have and all that, which is not true, but I mean, you know that's but that's what they've done. They modified it to where it says let's go pit and everybody else let's go pit.
Speaker 1: And yes, Orlando, that is one of the best ones. Or land Or, Iowa. They waved to the children's hospital. Is one of the best traditions period. I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: And that just started, like I think it was twenty thirty years ago that that wasn't That's one of the youngest traditions in college football, but the oldest one. It isn't singing mister Bright's side. That's not the tradition. That's just something they started doing since the song came out in the two thousands. The tradition is the banner that they touch on their way out of the tunnel. That has been being done since nineteen fifty six.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I do have another question for you guys. Okay, can you guys name me the oldest rivalry in college football and what year it began?
Speaker 2: Well, all right, I'll go with you. Good Jeremy, you go.
Speaker 3: First, Ahead, you go, you go, because I want to see if you're going on.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say Michigan Ohio State. And it's been on the tradition since probably the eighteen hundreds, but I can't give you a year.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's where I was going. But I think it actually started in like early nineteen hundreds. It was like nineteen oh six, nineteen oh eight.
Speaker 1: So the oldest rivalry in college football dates back to eighteen seventy three, and it's Yale versus Princeton.
Speaker 2: Oh, who would have ever thought of that one? I like this, I like this one. Here Army Navy, as Joseph said, Army Navy here, and then I'm sure God said the same. That's a big rivalry too.
Speaker 3: The twenty seventeen national champions.
Speaker 2: Harvard versus Yell. Patty was close, Paddy was she had one of them?
Speaker 3: Yep, he I've made the mistake a few times. I've been corrected.
Speaker 2: Oh, real quick. Colorado's losing twenty to fourteen to the North Dakota State.
Speaker 1: I do not know who won the twenty seventeen college.
Speaker 3: Let's see, that was Clemson, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wasn't that Sunshine's rocky year? Was it freshman year?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: That could be yeah? And Will yes, that that is a And they stabbed the middle of a spear. They ride out on a horse, Chief Aciolo, and he stabs a spear. So, yes, that's good question. Joshua Door I had a question the chat for smoking Jeremy Bead And.
Speaker 3: We're trying to get through our topics at the same time.
Speaker 1: Where was his question? Do you even know?
Speaker 3: I don't remember?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Smoking Jeremy Bee, did you know that Scott wrote a book?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I read it?
Speaker 2: Is that so? Oh? I wasn't aware that he wrote a book? Oh my.
Speaker 3: Wow? I mean I don't write for his publication myself.
Speaker 2: Jeremy's I think a freelance writer, right?
Speaker 1: And hello for Nando?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hello, hey Ralph and JB.
Speaker 1: And a special hay to the beautiful.
Speaker 2: Like Brent.
Speaker 3: Such a flirt look at him? Do you see f twenty seventeen National champs?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh? Snap, I'm late.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 1: Team candy, all right. I like that, Fernando sounds good to be sounds good to me.
Speaker 3: I like it when the team buys me candy too.
Speaker 1: What's the topic? We're talking? College football?
Speaker 3: Football?
Speaker 1: Yep, football is back. So what are there any specific games this weekend? You guys are looking forward to.
Speaker 4: Penn State West Virginia. Okay, that's gonna be an interesting game. We're going to see what Penn State's made of and we're gonna find out if West Virginia can have a better season they did last next year, I refuse to talk about pitt.
Speaker 3: Okay, Michigan's got a cupcake on the schedule, So.
Speaker 2: IOWA records is up on Howard thirty eight to seven.
Speaker 1: Look at this chat room going going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going.
Speaker 1: I'm obviously looking forward to the game that I'm going to be covering the Florida the Miami Hurricanes versus Florida Gators.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a dog fight.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting. This is this is Mario's third year as head coach, and I think they're gonna be able to do some a little bit of damage this year, but we'll see.
Speaker 4: Let me say this, Candy and and I know you guys like the Hurricanes and all that, but I think if he fails this year, I think he's out and Miami's just gonna have to eat his contract because, uh, I just don't see to Miami, alum letting this go on. I mean, you know, if he has a bad year, I mean, they paid a lot of money to get him there, and uh, you know.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 2: Josh wanted to know what was for ended and I had stuffed cabbage.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing another dog check. I'm done dog Jack. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had stuff cabbage.
Speaker 1: Yes, and plumbs versus Georgia is a big game this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another good one. How about the How about the Georgia Tech Florida State game? Georgia Tech beat them.
Speaker 3: I had fried chicken tenders. If anyone needs to know what I had for dinner, I.
Speaker 1: Had fish and zucchini.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a good combination. There it is it is. Did you trust Gordon's fisherman?
Speaker 1: I know i've before, but I hope you of M doesn't fall flat on their face because Jim Harbaugh is gone. I don't think they. I don't think they will fall flat on their face.
Speaker 3: I said. It's an eighty or nine win season compared to compared to winning the national championship, going undefeated. That's falling.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not Polish, but my first wife was Ukrainian and she used to make stuff cabbage all the time, some of the best. No, I'm not Polish, I'm Italian and Irish.
Speaker 1: Jealous of candy. I had nothing and liked it not well. I came home and cooked.
Speaker 2: We got some great people here tonight.
Speaker 3: Yes, there you go, Ralph. That stuff will make your head right to the Nugget repository.
Speaker 2: Yes, we.
Speaker 1: Do have quite a few people chatting the Knight. That's that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from on all the channels. It's not just the other They're all over the blaze and I love it.
Speaker 2: That's great that this show has gone to this. That is great.
Speaker 1: So let's see you guys want to hear a fun fact. Gage Goldberg, son of Bill Goldberg, wrestler, plays football for Colorado and Bill played for Georgia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Colorado has a day on Hayes. He's a defensive lineman. He plays for them. Now. He was with pitt and he's from.
Speaker 4: The local, uh, from the Pittsburgh Public schools. He played for Westinghouse, who is one of the powerhouses in non western Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: We love it when the south ord Of Tribune addresses the chat. Sometimes Scott ignores us. It depends on what you what the topic is and if you guys are commenting that on the topic, or if we're letting you guys just roll and talk, because it just depends. So sometimes Scott is very scripted.
Speaker 3: Can I read it how he meant to say it instead of how it's spelt. For Orlando's last comment here. Sure his daughter is going to be an Olympic shot putter soon. I don't think we can say that other word on the air because this is Scott Stanley. He don't like those words.
Speaker 1: True, too true, and thank you. Will I will tell Scott you say hi. He's battling with some issues with his throat and stuff like that. So that's why he is no longer technically going to be on Thursday nights. We're going to try and keep him off, so he only does shows three nights a week, which is still plenty. But I appreciate you saying hi to him, just trying to support good content. Well, we appreciate that. Thank you, Thank you, thank you. So what do we think about Let's see Pittsburgh named Wilson now the starter. Yes, that what you thought was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I thought so because Mike Tomlin, that's the way it is with him. You know, he could be the worst quarterback in the league, and whoever comes in, he just says, oh, you're the starter. It was a good quarterback. What they call what they said was a quarterback battle.
Speaker 4: Mike Tomlin has a bad habit of Towne did that with Trubisky and Pickett, and then he ended up naming Trubisky the starter anyway, you know, uh, he makes it look for something to media.
Speaker 2: To write to or say or whatever, you know, keep them on their toes.
Speaker 4: And Brandon Ayuk is not coming to the Steelers because he signed today with San Francisco.
Speaker 1: So mm hmm. Joshua Door wants to know, Ralph, how long have you been in the.
Speaker 2: Business broadcasting business overall? Thirty years?
Speaker 4: Was once a radio DJI now DJ weddings and parties on my own and I've been in the podcasting business since after since a little before covid I started broadcasting in Raleigh in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Let's see what the other NFL news do we want to talk You want to talk about, Jeremy, You want to talk about Brandon.
Speaker 4: I'm Brandon Ayuka signed by San Francisco and they said they were going to trade him anyway, so it doesn't matter, you know.
Speaker 3: How much rich dealing what she just asked me to talk about.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Jeremy, I mean, god, do you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: And I was like, I've been saying for weeks that Brandon Ayuk wasn't going anywhere because they made the asking price too high and no one would trade for him to do that, then have to resign him so he'd come crawling back the same way they did two years ago with Deebo Samuel. Uh, and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: I was hoping he was I was hoping he was gone. Got Kittle on my fantasy.
Speaker 3: Kittle still gets it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Hello r g j X, Yeah, Hello. No, I'm not a Tomlin fan.
Speaker 4: Orlando Tomlin is a fake and a phony and uh, he's a horrible head coach. And if it wasn't for Art Rooney, if Art Rooney the second was not the owner and had the majority share of the stakes or the stocks, he wouldn't or whatever in the team, Mike Tomlin would never be here. One of the minority owners actually uh sold his or got out because he wanted Mike Tomlin out. He was him and about here are four other of the minority owners and uh no, no, no can do so.
Speaker 1: Ralph a question to you, do you think James Mann will play this year?
Speaker 2: James Man? I don't know who James Man really is. I don't know who's he played for.
Speaker 1: Josh what you've got to expand for us. Please, Will, are you watching the UCF game? We had the Colorado game on in North Dakota. State's given a They're given Colorado game that much.
Speaker 4: I can tell you Western Carolina, which is Pitt's offensive former or well, Caye Bell, Pitt's offensive coordinator was the head coach at Western Carolina last year.
Speaker 2: They're tied with North Carolina State fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 1: Will says, I've got my second team Lions winning ten to twelve, but twelve.
Speaker 3: I got the Lions at eleven to thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got some We've got some chokers out there. James Man is a journalist. Yeah, that some real makers there.
Speaker 3: Mum hm yep.
Speaker 1: How bad did Dallas screw with a Lamb deal and needing to sign Dack and Parsons still heard they also just picked up Cook.
Speaker 3: Yes, they picked up Cook to the practice squad. Uh steedee Lamb. He got a deal, but it actually is a lot friendlier than everybody thought it would be because he got like thirty three point five million a year, Uh, compared to Justin Jefferson who's up at thirty five. He deserved to get paid and they're not. They've already said what they're doing with that. They're not doing anything. They're letting him play and if they if he actually does something in the playoffs, then they'll talk extension with them. But until that time, Dak's playing for his contract somewhere else, is what he's doing.
Speaker 1: So what do we think about the QB job Jacoby Brissett getting it in New England over Drake may.
Speaker 2: Well. I think that was a smart move by a new coach. That's what I think.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, Jacoby Brissett's been there and done that, and if he fails, you have your You have Drake may there.
Speaker 2: He drafted him in the first round. Let him play. Yeah. New England's not gonna do much anyway, but although Drake Bay's gonna learn because he's got a good offensive coordinator there. And Alex Van pelt Is is Alan Robinson tall.
Speaker 3: I always thought he was kind of on the short side when he played short side. Yeah, yeah, I thought he was like six foot sixty one at most.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Tim Patrick, I'll be honest, Tim Patrick is a low risk, high reward. We signed him directly to the practice squad, which is a league minimum, so that means he has probably the best hands in our practice squad right now. But the fact he just had an ACL tear two years ago and last year it was an achilles tendon repair. You're talking about a thirty year old wide receiver who's six foot four and two seventeen.
Speaker 2: No, Patty, I didn't start when I was ten and broadcasts.
Speaker 3: I think it is a good deal, but because it's low risk, high reward. If he makes the team and plays and stays healthy, fantastic. If he doesn't, I equate it to what we did in twenty twenty one. It's the same as the Terrell Williams signing. It'll be Terrell Williams two point zero.
Speaker 1: What do we feel about Atlanta Falcons trading quarterback Taylor Heineke to the Los Angeles Chargers in exchange for a conditional sixth round pick.
Speaker 4: Well maybe, uh Rahie Morse. You know, we all know Kirk Cousins will start. If he's still not hurt, he will start down there. You know, they got rid of Desmond Ritter, they got rid of Marcus Mariotta. So we'll see what Rahie Morris and the gang do down there in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Not cool to do personal attacks.
Speaker 1: Let's see what else. Well I can obviously, I don't know if you guys, well, I'm sure you guys have heard that. For the Packers, AJ Dillon went down. He's out for the year with a neck injury. That's not scary. That's scary because you can't mess with neck injuries. Well, whether that means he's just done for the year, who I mean, it could be career. I don't know. That's just that's something you don't mess with.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. I have one I know, mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I'm not naming names, but the comment looks like a personal attack to me.
Speaker 2: Which one's that?
Speaker 3: I don't want to say any names.
Speaker 2: I just said this. Oh yeah, no, no, no, I know which one you're talking about. Chairman. Sorry, I'm used to it, I know. But it's.
Speaker 3: It's a day and age where I don't mind if you're gonna talk crap about some doesn't matter. Joshua Door, stop bringing it up, good board. Some people can't leave well enough alone, can they?
Speaker 1: No, James Burgess, I'm not sure the neck injury is going to require fusion. I don't know what they I don't think they've disclosed what AJ Dillon is what they're gonna do with aj Dillon if he's gone for surgery. I have not heard no.
Speaker 3: Asking me to name names is harassing me. I said, I'm not gonna name names. I need a second.
Speaker 1: Uh So, and then the Packers acquired Malik Willis from the Titans.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's interesting. Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, we were talking about that last night, about Malik Willis. You know, he's an interesting case. Played at Liberty. I watched him in the Senior Bowl and I thought, well, you know what, this guy, this guy could be a good NFL talent. His grade feet, good footwork and throw. Then he goes to the Tennessee Titans. Arthur Smith leaves to go to Atlanta. He goes to the Tennessee Titans, and I can't remember who their offensive coordinator was after Arthur Smith left, but anyway, uh, just uh, it just didn't work out for him there, you know. And now he's with Green Bay. We'll see what happens. You know, sometimes a change of pace, a change of scenery just might work for you. And Matt Lafleur and his gang are pretty decent at working with quarterbacks, so let's see what he what they can do with Malik Willis. Malik Willis might end up being a good, a really good.
Speaker 1: Backup the Packers let the other two go.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's crazy. Well, Matt Lafleura must know something, Candy. It's that simple.
Speaker 1: I sometimes I think it's players in the wrong situation with the wrong coaches that they just need the right coach to come along and help them out. So, I mean, it'll be interesting, let's see. I mean, I hope, let's face it, I hope we never have to see Malik Willis in there. But you never in the same breath. You just never know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, exactly, we know, miliek Willis. That's the bad part. Yeah, I can't believe. And I said this last year when things were bad, Candy, and you were a Packers fan, and I know you follow some of those Packers chats. I think it was around week four or five we heard everybody.
Speaker 1: Star Shawn Clifford, Jordans.
Speaker 3: Sucks, blah blah this, blah blah that, and now who's on the team and who's not Yah, Sliffer's on the practice squad. They literally traded for Malik Willis, which we've seen him start in NFL games, and we know he's not good, no, and let him have the quarterback too, while Sean Clifford's sitting on the practice squad because Michael Pratt went somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And statistically the best preseason rostered quarterback for Chicago, Brett Ripian, is now the backup for Sam Darnold in Minnesota because he was signed today.
Speaker 1: Kind of funny how things maneuver.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, absolutely, And Ryan Tannehill still sitting out there too. Well.
Speaker 1: Ryan has come out and said that he does not want to be anybody. He's number two, so it's number one for him or not.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why he's still sitting there.
Speaker 3: And he said he's perfectly happy to sit at home with his family and wait for a quarter not wishing for it, but wait to see if a quarterback goes down, and you'll call that team to be their starter, right right, which is kind of smart and dumb at the same time. You want to know why because when you get there, you gotta learn the playbooks. I means they're still starting that other quarterback first.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Joseph Austin. His backup was Malik Willis. I don't think he could mentor him.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, mm hmm, well before a Cama hand some pretty decent offensive mind.
Speaker 4: He's got's fat are there too at Tennessee. It's too bad that they didn't, you know, take a chance with him a little bit. But you got me some rooteopher and you know, so they don't evenlik Willis.
Speaker 3: And the guy will love us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Okay, guys, my town, Okay, we can always go back to some more other topics, but let's let's so, Jeremy, what's happening in your town that you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Well, the preseason's done, the fifty two man roster is set, and thank god, Jake from with three days look better in one quarter than Nate Suckfeld is loose. Sorry I went to my nicknames again. Nate Sudfeld has looked in two seasons of pre season work with Detroit. Your comments are not blocked, no, but that being said, it is what it is. We got our sixth We had sixteen guys, but with the cutting of CJ. Moore. Yes, I did see that Ford Field was completely sold out for a preseason game. No one has been able to let me forget that it had. It was sold out for a preseason game. I'm not as hyped about a preseason game being sold out as some people are, because, you know what, it's still a preseason game. All that is is extra money for the owners while the players make less. I'm it's a nice thing. Congratulations, we did it. On the bigger and better things. My goals are way bigger, bigger than selling out a preseason game.
Speaker 2: Probably to the answer to the pork chock question.
Speaker 1: Ralph, what's happening in your neck of the woods, Well.
Speaker 4: We lost Isaac Salamalu for a month. He has a pectoral injury and they had to do some shuffling in the line. They have a choy in front of Marrow. He's going to be in the right tackle position. Dan Moore is going to swap back and forth, and Roderick Jones will play left tackle open door. Dan Moore will be swapping back and forth depending on what where the needs are. Also, Russell Wilson is officially our starting quarterback. He looked pretty good in the last preseason game. Of course it was just preseason, but he looked he looked okay, and so that's where we're going to go with him. I'm interested to see what the defense is going to do. We have some injuries there as well. Well, we'll find out what happens this year. That's so boat good Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was just gonna tell Candy you don't have to put that one on the screen. That was in my comments for my channel. He asked what my nickname for Caleb was, so I taped it out.
Speaker 1: Yep, I hear you, I see him.
Speaker 4: So anyway, the Pirates, on the other hand, got blown out two games against the Cubs, and then the last game last night they were up ten to three and they lost to the Cubs again. So you know that's where the Pirates are. They're in last place again. I hope somebody gets fired at the end of the season, but I highly doubt it because nobody wants to work for ball Nutting, the owner anyway. So that's it there really for me. Penguins are getting started up. Hockey training camps are coming up in September, and we're gonna see what happens with hockey as.
Speaker 2: We go along. So you know that's my town right now. Candy. Oh and by the way, I'm back from the Erie Grove City.
Speaker 3: So Joshua door, please the only thing I got upset about is you keep talking about the issue. The issue didn't concern you where I'd have said something.
Speaker 1: So my town. Well, let's see town down here. I'm still stoked that I get to cover the Hurricanes Gators game, but I have to. I have to give kudos to MI Milwaukee Brewers. They are still in first place in the NL Central, up nine and a half games, Yet at August twenty ninth, nobody gave them. Nobody thought they were going to win the National League Central. Starting this year knowing that Craig Council left, knowing that we have Pat Murphy is his first year and I think he is doing an astronomically good job. I think he should win Coach of the Year. To be honest with you, he is playing with a lot of rookies. Candy, can we get the score on the So put the score in the chat and I'll put it up for you, Blase. I'm not exactly sure, but kudos to them. I am hoping they continue. Let's see US f fifty seven to New Hampshire three. That is the score right now, so everyone can see it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you see f e CFS fifty seven to New Hampshire's three Holy Schmokes. They scored twenty three points in the second quarter in so far twenty three, twenty eight points in the third quarter.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like Central Michigan and is up sixty six to Central Connecticut, sixty six to ten.
Speaker 2: Central Connecticut's in the Northeast Conference. Candy, they play with Robert Morrise.
Speaker 1: You know, so what about Arkansas fifty six to Arkinsau. I don't even think Arkansas hind Bluff Golden Lions fifty six to nothing.
Speaker 3: Broskie, Broskie Barry said, my nickname about Kaleb cracks him up.
Speaker 2: Dark Quarter. My NC State wolf Pack up seventeen fourteen on Western Carolina.
Speaker 1: And Coach Prime taking it to North Dakota is halftime and North Dakota is up twenty to seventeen. So Coach Prime is not taking it to North Dakota. He is losing to North He's.
Speaker 3: Oh, North Dakota, all right, he just took it on the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Well, and they're at home. But yes, they want to get to one hundred of up.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. But the guy I really wanted to make the Lions. I do want to add this real quick. Matthew Betts, the CFL Defensive Player of the Year. He did not make the team. He was not added to the practice squad, and he has signed a contract to day back with the British Columbia Lions. So even though he left the Lions, he's still a Lion at heart.
Speaker 4: Ah, we just took res Plumbley from UCS put him on the practice squad. They were supposed to use him kick return and wide receiver and you know, hand out water and towels and stuff.
Speaker 2: But they put him on a practice squad. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It is a bummer about Bets. I hated it because Ralph, you know, the play I'm talking about was when Fields first got on. It was his first third down in that drive, when you guys had the big play at the end of it. Betts makes a sack. But because Steven Gilmour holds a wide receiver five yards downfield where the play wasn't even at and the ball and Fields wasn't even looking that way, it's defensive holding in an automatic first down. It negated a sack against your first string offensive line, and I think that ultimately cost him his job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Ron, thank.
Speaker 1: You for tuning in tonight. Appreciate it, have a blessed thank you.
Speaker 3: Don't do too much bad there, br Brent I said he said I gotta go to bad. He didn't say that, he said bad, He's going to bed. I usually do bad and then I gotta be punished for it, and I usually had to call someone to do it for me because I don't like hitting myself.
Speaker 1: Do you want to a shout out to Caitlin Clark. She set the w NBA rookie three point record, so good for her.
Speaker 3: She's not done setting records. She's gonna set a different record every year her career.
Speaker 2: In the w n B.
Speaker 1: A mm hmm, but good for her. Good to see that.
Speaker 3: Just looking at the comments and they're going back and forth and it's hilarious. My guys on my channel area, who Joshua Door, that's what you're missing?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Robert Morris plays. Their first game is against Utah State at Utah State. That's gonna be an interesting.
Speaker 1: I do have to give a shout out to Cocoa Gaw. She's from Deerfield Beach, Florida, and she actually won her second round here at the US Open, so good luck.
Speaker 2: To congratulations on her exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: Anything else you guys want to talk about.
Speaker 3: The Rams might be in trouble week one. Really, they've lost both their starting tackles. They lost two of their tackles to the waiver wire. They lost a guard to the waiver wire. Jonah Jackson, I don't know what he hurt. I won't use my uh my joke, I said, but last year he missed four weeks due to a hangnail as an offensive lineman. He look, he missed four weeks due.
Speaker 2: To a boo boo, boo boo, due to a boo boo.
Speaker 3: So I that's that's the main reason why the Lions didn't want to give him that big money and lo and behold, the Rams pade him eighteen million dollars and he didn't even make it out of the offseason. It's not a good look. They gave him three years fifty four million, and I said, you watch, I said, he's gonna miss games this year because he hadn't missed a game until this past year with Detroit. And when he started missing him it was two from here, two from there, three here. He missed the total eight games last year. And my Dad says, I can't believe they snubbed her from the Olympic. It really wasn't a snub. It's a technicality. When the Olympic trials were going on for the women's basketball team, Caitlin and Angel Reese, neither one of them got to play in it because they were in the national championship run in the women's sweet sixteen. So there's a reason why they didn't make it. Yes, Joseph Austin, he got eighteen million a year. It was either eighteen million or seventeen to five. It was some stupid number that I'm glad we didn't play, hey, because look at statistically, Kevin Zeitler, the guy we signed for six million at a third of his price, is twice The offensive guardian.
Speaker 4: Is Yeah, I've said this many times Jeremy and Candy, that there are some people who are a day overpaying their bumps. And you know it happens all the time, and you'll get a guy who might be a rookie and he might play better than the veteran you're paying big money too, and that's when you know you have to cut him. But the sad part about it is, like you said, chere me with the Rams. They're they're in deep trouble if they go out with some of these guys and then, you know, end up having an egg on their face.
Speaker 1: Well, I know we don't normally talk a lot of basketball, but how do you guys feel about the Warriors paying? They signed Steph Curry to a one year, sixty two point six million dollars extension.
Speaker 2: Wow, one year.
Speaker 3: With it being a one year thing, I hope it's set up with a Bobby Benia type of contract. It's just playing stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: He the They agreed to a one year, sixty two point six million dollar extension that keeps him under contract through the twenty six to twenty seven season. Curry, thirty six years old, is guaranteed to receive one hundred and seventy eight million dollars over the next three years of his contract.
Speaker 2: Wo. Wow, it'll be Steph Curry.
Speaker 3: That the only game that looks like it's a game right now being played, that's WCu Western Colorida Carolina Universe or Carolina University versus NC State is up twenty one to seventeen. That's an upset alert people. Yes, it is Kansas is beating the Community College Lyndenwood. They're playing thirty four to nothing. Missouri is beating Murray State thirty five to nothing. Utah is up right now fourteen to nothing over Southern Utah. And that's the scores we didn't hear already.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, anything else you guys want to talk about tonight?
Speaker 4: No, The only thing I want to say is, uh, you know, it's October fourth, two to three pm Saturday, October fourth. Sports Corner goes back on the radio with me and Ralph Williams smoking Jim Fraser, and we are going to be on the Answer which is twelve am and ninety two point five FM. So I look forward to everyone listening. And if you can't get the channel then you're out of state, you can always watch online.
Speaker 1: So awesome, awesome, So Ralphy, don't you tell us how everybody can see you? Watch you? Support you.
Speaker 2: YouTube channel Ralph WILLIAMSORRW Media.
Speaker 4: Also check out my website www dot RW Media Productions dot com.
Speaker 2: It just came up about a week ago, so check that out.
Speaker 4: I'm also on Facebook, I'm on Twitter X, I'm on Tumblr. I haven't been on Tumblr for a while and so that's how you can get a hold of me, and so I look forward to everyone listening watching. Don't forget September third. This coming Tuesday, Sports Owner. We're back after it's being off for a couple of weeks, and we have some great guests coming on. We have at four o'clock we have Ray Fait Depaulita from the Pittsburgh Post cause that to talk about the Steelers, Sport thirty Keith Angele My Buddy from TGI Sports Network, we'll be on to join us. We're going to talk about the NFL as a whole, and then at five o'clock Matt Betzel from the Pittsburgh Post Caausette to talk about the Penguins, and then our wrestling segment. At five point thirty, local wrestling promoter Bubba Brewer will be joining us. So for our wrestling segment, we're going to talk about the Bash in Berlin WW.
Speaker 2: And thank you Joseph, Hello to you too.
Speaker 1: Okay, smoking Jeremy b How can people support you and find you well?
Speaker 3: First of all, you can find my writings right here on the South blurd Attribune dot com. Holy smokes, Yeah, I write for these people. I write about that team. I like the talk about you know, the you know, the the Dtroit Lions. There. You can also find me on this channel occasionally on Inside the Pig Skin excuse me for Tribune YouTube channel. If you haven't subscribed, go over there and click it. They support me, I support them. We all support each other here. I also belong to our w media up there, the YouTube channel for Ralph.
Speaker 2: So we're back September seventh.
Speaker 3: Okay, so a week from Saturday.
Speaker 4: That's September seventh, the External Bump Show on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch. I refuse to pay Elon Musk any extra money to be on Twitter x, so that's why we're not there anymore.
Speaker 2: And it's me. It's with me Ralph Williams as your host, Scott Morgan Roth, Candy's husband and a great guy that runs the South Florida Tribune and has all broadcast show also Jeremy Barwick and Leo Haggerty from sports. Jeremy Barwick from the Kneecap and talks about the Troit Lions. Nine am start time. Yes, we'll be talking about bumps and sports and some other topics and.
Speaker 3: Then the top it all off on top of being on the South Florida Tribune YouTube channel of the rw Media YouTube channel. There's my channel, which a lot of you are commenting from. And Joseph, Yes, we have argued in the past, but we agree more often than we argue. I will admit that because we support the same team. But at the same time it's kneecap biting with the MotorCity Lions. I am on seven days a week anymore because anytime I'm not on, I air the other shows I'm on. I got nine of my own shows and three that I guest star on. So that's pretty damn good.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it sounds like just just a little well, I'm gonna brag. My husband wrote a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by Scott the MotorCity man Mouth.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get thumbs up on each side of the book.
Speaker 1: Here, I'll put it up by Ralph. There it's up in the upper corner. You can find a link to it on our website www dot selfword tribute dot com. You can also find it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. The link to our website has it also on our website. We have a link to our store, so our merchandise store. We also have great writers Scott Jeremy Wrights, George Icorn Rights, I take pictures, I put them up there. There's also the transcript from the Dolphins, the Lions, and the Jaguars. We have lots of local colleges down here in Florida sending us their football content and other sports. We have the Gators, we have the the Hurricanes, we have the Seminoles, the Owls, FAU Owls, the USF Bulls. They all send us content, so you gotta go to our website check it out. We also have the Marlins for those I know somebody said that they were only a UCF fan and a Panthers fan. Well, the Panthers do send us things. We also on our channel Monday nights on Fire Up Florida, we talk hockey. We talk on one hundred and eight sitch As Baseball Talk. We talked baseball Tuesday nights Inside the Pig Screen and all kinds of football. Wednesday Nights is Sports Exchange. You never know what you're gonna get, what kind of sports we're talking about. And obviously here on Fire up. We talked about just about anything, although we've been really put kind of leaning towards sports, but you just never know, maybe we'll come up with the topic that's nonsports related.
Speaker 3: For all you old Detroit Lions heads, just to let you know, Mel Farr Junior, son of Melfar Superstar, is on inside the Big Skin, as well as former Lions special teams coach John Bonamego who also coached the CMU Chippewas.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so definitely go go check out. And Travis Holmes used to play for UCF, so for your UCF fans, he used to play back in the day, defensive back, very good, very good. And I think Bow played too, but I don't remember what.
Speaker 3: Position Bow played. Water boy, No, just kidd.
Speaker 1: But yeah, And if you like to listen to podcasts, you can hear us wherever you get your podcasts. But please, if you see that red subscribe button, please subscribe to us. But I'll subscribe to both the gentlemen you see on the screen too, because we all are supporting each other and we all want to grow together. They both have great content on their YouTube channels as well, so support all of us. That's that's what this is all about. And I appreciate everyone that was in the comp that commented tonight. We had such an active chat room. I can't even list them all, but I want to say thank you to all of them that have been there.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, that's what this is all about.
Speaker 1: We like to have fun and talk with you know, feed off our guests as long as there's keeping down the straight and narrow. But anything else you guys want to I mean, this is a long weekend. Anybody else got anything fun planned besides obviously we know my plans going to the swamp, but anything you guys have planned for the long weekend.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just resting from my vacation actually, as we didn't get a lot of rest, but I will be doing that. I'm watching the Bash of Berlin for WWE. I might just check out the pick game a little bit, but I want to see the West Virginia Penn State game more so.
Speaker 2: You know, I.
Speaker 3: I actually need to do some self quality control, so I am going to be inspecting the inside of my eyelids as much as possible for pin holes.
Speaker 2: Expecting your eyelids. I like that one's.
Speaker 3: Ales hopefully not because I want to get some sleep. No, that literally is it? Last weekend? I did something that I do around that time of year because it was my grandmother who was my second mom. She passed away about about thirteen years ago. Now it seemed like it's been that long. But so on her birthday or somewhere around her birthday weekend I usually go up and spend time where I laid her in my eldest son's ashes.
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 3: Did that last Saturday. I got out of work, I drove up there, fell asleep talking to them, got back in the car, drove home and it was five a. Bye said what time did you get home?
Speaker 2: Five am?
Speaker 3: Where were you? I told you where I'd be, and she goes, oh, yeah, you know that was her mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the pier there in Anascota, for anybody that knows where it is, it's across from the essable here On campground, which is now a Millennium campground. Back then it was a It was a gravel road that went meandered through like four rows of trailers, and my grandma's was the third one in from the old bait shot at the corner of the point. And so that's why we put our ashes there.
Speaker 1: I understand. I understand well, Jeremy. You want to take us home like you always do.
Speaker 3: Again, try every day to be a better person than you were the day before. It's the only way to make the world a better place. It starts right here. And you know, not everybody has the same mentality I do. When I need to talk, that's what I do is I use that time to talk and get things off my chest that you don't really want to talk to anyone about. Because I live my life not to bring anyone down around me.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So sometimes those one sided conversations they need to be had for a long time. Yeah, I always come out of that visit better. So please, unless you're talking to your rival fan base and you know how I feel on my team on my channel, be nice to everybody. Everybody deserves love. You can talk trash about their team, do not trash the people.
Speaker 1: Correct. Correct. I would totally agree with that because look at let's face it, Jeremy, you and I we our teams are opposite, not opposites, but they're they're like enemies. Let's put it that way. We're yes, we're rivals, we are, but yet we both have respect for each other. And I would say we both have respect for each other's teams to a certain extent. We don't like the other team, but we respect and I think that's the one thing that so many people have lost, is literally respect for others.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry, Broski. I saw what you said, and now I understood it better. But you know, when you're not paying attention to this yet and you look at somebody asking somebody how much food can they eat, it's not a good look. Yep, that's what I was getting at.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just have a great weekend, a great labor Labor Day, and enjoy the games this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, happy Labor Day.
Speaker 3: Great, Absolutely, Walter Mitchell. If everybody could treat each other the way they want to be treated instead of the way you the way you want the way you treat an enemy, because that's the way most people talk to each other anymore. They don't talk to each other as another human being. They talk to them like they hate each other. There's enough hate in this world. We have enough hate being drummed up by media, politicians and everything else. That's why we don't talk politics on the show.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Happy Labor Day. Why is Labor Day a holiday because it celebrates the birthday of the UAW after the big sitdown strike that started right here where I'm from, in Flint, Michigan. And in that picture outside of Fisher One, which is no longer there, and I think it's a travesty that that building has gone. My grandfather on the front page of the Flint Journal for the day it started. My great grandfather, I should say, was the one playing the banjo in the picture, William G.
Speaker 2: Rourke.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Fast forward to nineteen seventy five, September fifth. Guess what, that's the Tuesday after Labor Day. Because back when I was a kid, you started the day after Labor Day for school. There was some upstart little five four year eleven month old kid standing next to a twenty two three year old man and it was my dad and me on the cover of the metro station section of the same paper.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, Happy Labor Day. Everybody, have a great, safe and happy Labor Day. We'll see you next week. Enjoy all the games until next time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely