Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. What is the American Way going to be? What's it going to mean? Is it going to be what it's always been, the best of it? Or is there going to be a new American way? And part of that is what we open with today, not because we want to, but because we have to. We have plenty of fun stuff to do in the show today, but we have to open with this because we're adults, right, We're responsible adults. We have to open with the latest schools slaughter. And we have to open with that because the children and the teachers and everyone affected deserves the respect of that.
Speaker 2: But also because we know.
Speaker 1: The next school shootings in Colorado are being planned right now. We know they're being planned.
Speaker 2: As we speak.
Speaker 1: They're always being planned in Colorado, and then it's just a matter of which ones are going to get to the point that people are killed.
Speaker 2: And so we have to.
Speaker 1: Talk about what's happened in Georgia today. To learn the lessons, right. I think we have that obligation, just as responsible people. We have the obligation to learn the lessons from school shootings to make sure that mistakes aren't repeated in the future. And as we look at Georgia right now, we don't know if there are any mistakes made by this school or school district or not. We don't know what the lessons from Georgia will be, but we sure as all know this, we've got to learn them. And the reputations and feelings and politics of school districts and administrators and politicians down there shouldn't matter at all. It should all be about getting to the truth, learning the lessons, and making schools safer. But that brings us to Colorado, right, because we know that more are coming, and we know that because Colorado is controlled by the left, the left that cares more about their anti gun ideology than they do the lives of these students that we have many, many, many, many children in Colorado who are left defenseless as we speak. I mean, school days pretty much over right now except for extracurricular stuff. But when they go back tomorrow at seven thirty eight, eight thirty nine, whatever, many of school children in Colorado will be left defenseless because of the Left and their anti gun politics, which which brings them to the point where they're so opposed to guns that they make a conscious decision to leave the most precious thing on the face of the earth, these students sitting there defenseless against a bad guy with a gun. They make that decision in advance. It's premeditated, it's deliberate. It's made in boardrooms, it's made in the governor's office, it's made under the Golden Dome. They make these decisions in advance. That's what the Left does. And then they shed crocodile tears when these Colorado kids get killed in classrooms, and they try to twist those horrific killings to take away Second Amendment rights, rather than do what they should have done in the beginning, which is say, Okay, we know that there are bad guys coming for our kids. We're going to make sure they at least have a fighting chance when the bad guys get their Instead, they decide the opposite. They decide to leave those children defenseless. And how awful that is in every level right, and how awful it is to the teachers and staff and everybody else in schools. And we've seen teachers, right, We've seen the teachers like Dave Sanders. He's not the only example. They stand up and be willing to lay down their lives to protect their students. But far better that these schools and districts in advance would just say, we know the bad guys are coming. We're not going to play Russian Roulette with our kids' lives and our staff and faculty, and we're just going to have at least one good guy or gal with a gun there to give him a fighting chance. Sake five for zero five eight two five five the number. But nope, not the left in Colorado. And it's one of the prices we pay for living in a leftist control controlled state, which raises the question, you know, every now and then somebody will say, yeah, hey, why don't you move? And you know what rais is a really interesting question. First, I'm not gonna move because I'm a fighter.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to run.
Speaker 1: You know, I was so blessed and privileged to be dropped into this beautiful place, you know, through the Evans Scholarship program moved me out from Chicago, put me in University of Colorado, Boulder with all the other golf caddies who, like Caddyshack, won the scholarship.
Speaker 2: No, I'm so blessed to be here. I'm a fighter. I'm not gonna run.
Speaker 1: I'm going to stay and try to make it as good as I can make it. But I do wonder, and Ryan, you're kind of in this position. I mean, like when you have kids, or I don't know, maybe you do already. No, how do you know that?
Speaker 3: I'm very sure I would have been notified by now.
Speaker 2: You think so court order.
Speaker 3: Of some kind. I think so.
Speaker 4: I mean unless it's like the movie elf Right where Buddy shows up and yeah, all those years have gone by. I guess it could be possible. I can't rule it out, but I'm ninety nine percent that all I'm saying. Let's say that you meet missus right tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Okay, it would be miss right then then she'd become missus right eventually. Okay, that'd be the plan hopefully with you. But let's say you meet her tomorrow. Do you raise your kids in Colorado?
Speaker 3: A really good question, I'd be.
Speaker 4: I'd be very hesitant to do so, but I was just thinking about in your shoes.
Speaker 3: If I were you, I wouldn't move back to Illinois. I mean, that's not gonna be any power that was.
Speaker 1: Not on the list, you know, early on, because you know, my wife had so many and I'm sure lots of people listening had been in the same position, right, But she had so many great job opportunities because she was so very good at what she did as a news anchor.
Speaker 2: So every now and then we'd fly out.
Speaker 1: I remember one big trip to San Diego where it reached the point of looking at homes and everything else because of job opportunities for her out there.
Speaker 2: And everything else.
Speaker 1: And then we looked around and she just said, no, no, Colorado's so great. We're we're just staying in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: That was before legalization marijuana, yep. That was before the left took over completely. That was before all of this other ugliness. So, you know, our kids now are older. I mean it always you know, as a parent, right, it's just your kids are always fill in the blank. They're always six, they're always seven, they're always eight, they're always you know, your kids. But they're older now, you know, and so we're not facing those issues. But if they were, it would be I think it'd be fifty to fifty on whether we'd stay.
Speaker 4: Could I be lured? That is a different question, And the answer to that is yes. And the three states that come to mind almost immediately are Texas, Florida, and Tennessee.
Speaker 3: And do the math from there as to why those would be Yeah for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, so interesting interesting it.
Speaker 1: Uh kight five five for zero five A two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. It's nothing personal, it's not a pejorative. We just know that leftist policies make for a much more dangerous state in so many different ways. And crime, I mean you start with that obviously, and then and then you start with legalization of drugs, and then you start with stuff like this of not willing to protect most school kids with an armed good guy, that kind of stuff. They're just more dangerous places to live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think about too, Dan, what's going on right now in Aurora? I just spoke with a very impassioned Danielle Jirinsky Yes on my program and it was a very moving conversation. And would that be happening in Polk County, Florida with Sheriff Brady Judd.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see what happen in Chicago because you know, I grew up in Chicago. My dad was a cop there for thirty years. And my dad, we were talking about this the other day.
Speaker 2: But he was.
Speaker 1: Such a stud and so talented, and before his heart attack when he was in his sixties, he was going like six three two forty and he was an athlete. Yeah, and anyway, you know, one of his first big assignments was undercover with gangs. Hey, he's a six foot three and a half white guy, back when six foot three was really tall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but he was so good he could pull all that stuff up.
Speaker 1: All I'm telling you is these Venezuelan gangs trying to take over apartment complexes back there. You could you could retire Chicago's debt by selling the cable rights to.
Speaker 3: That, right, totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Crips, bloods peastone Nation. I mean, oh man, I don't think. I don't think the Venezuelan gang knows what it's getting into there.
Speaker 3: My point on that, Dan, it kind of goes along with Linds.
Speaker 4: What you're saying and what I'm implying that Sheriff Grady Judd County, Florida, anywhere in Florida, anywhere in Texas.
Speaker 6: This is not going to happen.
Speaker 4: And why not, because you deserve what you tolerate, Dan, And unfortunately, right now, for whatever reason, there are powers that be in Aurora, in the state of Colorado at large that are tolerating this well, so they deserve it.
Speaker 1: Well, wait a second, I'll take it a step further. You endorse what you tolerate, correct, And they tolerated for a reason.
Speaker 2: They want this.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that the left sits here and says, oh, I want that apartment complex taken over by.
Speaker 2: Venezuela and kangs.
Speaker 1: No, but they'll deny it's happening, right, they'll light to your face right, just for political reasons. But they want the border open, they want all the What they see is Democrat voters coming over. And they don't care how many young girls get raped on the trip to the border, how many of their mothers get raped, how many of their dads get killed. They don't see these people as human, They see them as numbers. They see them as Democrat votes, and so they lure them up to the border. They want them flowing across the border in record numbers. And if that means somebody's gonna bang.
Speaker 2: Down your door out in Aurora and.
Speaker 1: Stand there with a semi automatic rifle.
Speaker 2: What Democrats don't care about that?
Speaker 1: Eight five five for zero five A two five to five the number when we come back, Kamala Harris has finally agreed to.
Speaker 2: The debate rules.
Speaker 1: Why do you think she's so scared of them? I believe I know that answer. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 7: In twenty nineteen, she endorsed she raised her hand during a debate when when the Democratic candidates r president were asked, do you support decriminalizing illegal border crossing? She did raise her hand. I understand her position now is more to the center or more even conservative.
Speaker 1: Before I play the rest of this, understand what's going on here? Okay, this is Jake Tapper. I'm live with Senator Mark Kelly from Arizona, and Tapper's trying to give her another what's a polite term, another massage here right?
Speaker 2: Another? Somebody said it the other day while.
Speaker 1: A columnist described that CNN interview as a sponge bath so trying to give her another sponge bath here by saying oh, no.
Speaker 2: No, she's her position has moved to the center.
Speaker 1: No, no, she wanted to decriminalize border crossings, and now she's saying she wouldn't, and anybody who believes her is out of their mind. But that's a setup to listen to this new excuse that Kelly is offering for her.
Speaker 7: Does she need to explain?
Speaker 3: Well, I think she has explained it.
Speaker 1: I mean you're talking about a primary in twenty nineteen, yes, where somebody asked, you know, throw your hand up.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, you got like a half a second to think about it.
Speaker 1: So that's the defense. Now, Oh, she only had half a second to think about it, So of course she threw her hand up and said, yes, decriminalize the border. So that's how stupid all these democrats think we are. You think she hadn't thought about that issue before then, It hadn't come up before then whether border crossing should be decriminalized. Well, even if he's right, it's a disqualifier on something that major. She would say, Oh, I got half a second, Yeah, I decriminalize the border.
Speaker 4: You know what I do In those scenarios, Dan I'm watching Mark Kelly just spew that ridiculousness. I put Dan Caplis on that stage, in that moment, and with one second to think, Dan, do you think you would have formulated a response that was in accordance with your values on any topic?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Yes, but as you know, any of us far in advance would have anticipated that question and decided what our answer was going to I'm talking whether it happened through a show of hands or hey tell me, do you want to decriminalize the border? So anyway, that's the newest excuse. Now this is a lead into and I want to work in calls as well as text, but it's a lead into the big flashing headline as we hit air today that Kamala Harris's camp has finally I put in the finally agreed to the terms of the debate. I want to touch on why she is so terrified of those rules, and I think it may be a reason that you haven't considered russ In Littleton, You're on the Dan caplessh'.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Hi, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Living the dream? Thank you?
Speaker 5: They have me too, trying to at least, Hey, these shootings are all the same, They're never gonna find out anything other than somebody shot somebody. You know, they used the gun, and they need to take the guns away. That's their argument. We're going to get it's the only solution we're gonna get. You're only investigating, we're gonna get. They're gonna say they're gonna investigate. Oh, we're looking to it. We'll do everything, can't look in at blah blah blah, blah blah. How many of these shootings in the past twenty five years from Columbine has anything been disclosed as far as what, why man anything else other than the gun, as the gun is what we got what? But there's no why. There's never a why there. They don't touch that. They locked the guy away. Not that I'm saying he's he's riper, he's got a good thing to express. But they say, well, we give him attention, and then they're gonna create more killers. That's all. That's a lie. If you don't want to, you know, look into a problem because you're afraid you're gonna give the attention. He cures dead already, he's going to jail with us in his life or whatever was going to happen here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Russ, You're hitting on something really important and in my opinion, and I know a little bit about this, and I'll tell you why. The reason that so often parents who have had their child murdered, other parents who want school safer can't get full answers is because the people who made mistakes want to bury those mistakes. They want to hide those mistakes, and they often have very powerful interest groups supporting them as they try to bury and hide their mistakes. And that leads to one of the great success stories ever. And that's right here in Colorado. Because Russ started with Columbine. Right everybody listening, if they were here, remembers the moment they heard about Columbine. But following Columbine, obviously there had to be a major investigation, and there was an investigative panel put together, but it didn't have subpoena power. And then there was I think it was the Speaker of the House at the time, had suggested that there be a commission with subpoena power headed by me to investigate what happened at Columbine. And I told them I would take that job, and I would lead the investigation as long as we had subpoena power, So the Speaker pushed that, but it got shot down. So they ended up with the Commission without subpoena power, and obviously that got frustrated in a hundred different ways. Now that's a lead up to this success story after. And you can't call it a success story, right because the change that should have happened decades before didn't happen because of politics and self interest among powerful people and everything else. But then you have two wonderful parents with their beautiful daughter, Claire Davis, and she gets murdered at a rap hole, and her parents want answers. They don't want money, they don't want anything. They want answers. They want to know the truth. They want to know about the failure so other kids.
Speaker 2: Can be protected.
Speaker 1: So Claire's parents then wage this heroic fight and they enlisted these really smart, courageous, well connected, powerful people, and they were able to engineer a bipartisan bill called the Claire Davis Act, which then changed Colorado law to make it clear there was a duty of schools to take reasonable steps to protect kids, and if a child was murdered at school, that the parents would then have the legal tools to go in and investigate and find the truth, such as if they filed a lawsuit depositions, subpoenas, get documents, et cetera, get witnesses under oath. So, thanks to Claire's parents, we now have that law in Colorado. And then when one of Colorado's greatest heroes ever, Kendrick Castillo, was or school, saving his class, his entire class and the two teachers in there from the methodical execution which the killers had planned out very carefully. They were going to execute each of them one by one, and Kendrick stopped that and other brave classmates assisted. But after that, Kendrick's parents, John and Maria said, you know, we want the truth. We want to protect others, and so they used the Claire Davis Act and they pursued a lawsuit. Not for money, They've turned down the money at every turn. They pursued a lawsuit to get to the truth so the lessons would be learned and all would benefit and schools would be made safer. And I've had the privilege of representing them, and we've been through years of litigation that I've taken twenty depositions in that case at this point. And then we fought for a year. We fought for a year to get the information in the depositions made public because the school was trying to suppress that, and we've been in court fighting that over a year. We've just recently had final rulings in that case. In almost every area the Castillos prevailed, so not of that information can be made public. So the heroism of the Davis parents and everybody who assisted them in getting that long place. Now there is a way to get to the bottom of it, and what we've learned, I think will scare.
Speaker 6: You you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 8: I come from a long line of tough, trail blazing and phenomenal women. My grandmother would go into villages in India. And because she was Indian and lived in India, and she would go to the villages in India. It was a famous story in our family. My grandfather would say she was going to be the end of his career, but my grandmother would go into the villages with a bullhorn, talking with the women about the need to have access to reproductive healthcare.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that for one second?
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris's grandmother going village to village in India.
Speaker 9: Kill your children, Kill your children before it's too late.
Speaker 3: Does anybody believe that with a megaphone with a.
Speaker 9: Bullhorn, kill your kids before it's too late?
Speaker 6: Anybody believe that?
Speaker 1: No, A, we should, we should do a segment on biggest whoppers, right, I mean, and you flash kind of immediately to Hillary Clinton, but but just kind of the biggest whoppers that you get from these candidates. Wow, And she's proud of that. She's proud of these people who worship death. I do not get it. I mean no, but none of us have to be scientists or philosophers or anything else to realize wow, life, Like that's amazing. That is really cool, and not too many people get it and just be in awe of it. And yet you got this whole group of people out there who glorify the mass killing of it, and then they're proud of it, like her, proud to the point they'll make up stories that yet we're so into this killing that my grandma went village to village in India with a bullhorn saying.
Speaker 2: Kill, kill, kill, And.
Speaker 1: So interesting that that even in this made up story she talks about Okay, so she went bullhorn village to village talking about quote, reproductive rights.
Speaker 2: Now everybody knows that's a lie.
Speaker 1: Because you're there reproductive rights. No, wait a second, why why wasn't she talking about abortion rights? And this this big boss now kind of this death star. They have gone in the Harris campaign with reproductive rights on its side and their whole tour.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't it say abortion rights?
Speaker 3: Remember Dan?
Speaker 2: It was because they.
Speaker 1: Know everybody knows abortion's right. Everybody knows as a matter of science, it's the taking of it isn't human life.
Speaker 4: So they can't even use the word. But you remember, Dan, it wasn't that long ago. I want to say, within the last five years. Abortion is healthcare, remember that, they would say it that way.
Speaker 1: But you're so right kidnapping his childcare right the same, Yeah, that's going to be on the other side of their bus.
Speaker 3: You're exactly on point.
Speaker 4: At the convention, in Harris's speeches, they don't even say the word abortion anymore.
Speaker 2: Because everybody knows it's wrong. Jared Polish, was that sound? Jared Polus knows it's wrong.
Speaker 3: Democrats don't believe that abortion is good. We believe it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even Jared Poliss knows that that's why they can't use the word right yet she's she's so proud of and into and worshiping of this mass killing. Listen, there's no reason that abortion would be bad unless it was the killing of an incent human life.
Speaker 3: Right. Democrats don't believe that abortion is good. We believe it's bad.
Speaker 1: So they know it's the taking of an innocent human life. Bill Maher, I mean, Bill Maher just flat out admitted it and said no, he's he's okay with that, which is, which is exactly where Harris and Poulis and the rest of my rapp they know it's it's the killing of an innocent human life. But but they're okay with that. Come on, Billy, they think it's murder and it kind of is.
Speaker 2: I'm just okay with that, I am.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's no billions of people in the world. I'm sorry, we won't miss you. That's my position on them.
Speaker 2: What ye.
Speaker 1: Is that not your position if you're pro choice, Well, that's that's all of their position, right, I mean, that's all these people. None of these people are dummies. You know, they're smron smart people who do in sport moronic things. But you're talking about Polish hicking Looper, Bennett Harris, the whole bunch of them. They know it's killing. They know it's killing an innocent human life. Now do you think Ryan, they have the same rationale as as Bill, which is but I'm okay with that. You know, they may, but I think the rationale is more insidious. I think their ration, and obviously Bill's is very insidious, but the rationale is, Hey, okay, it's the killing of innocent human life. But if I support that, then I get all this power, yep. And if I don't support that, I don't get this power. Okay, I'm going to support this mass killing. So I, Jared Polis get power where I Kamala Harris get power.
Speaker 2: That's their analysis.
Speaker 4: It is because they're very cynical to what you just described, and it's accurate because at least Bill Maher, he's a true believer. What he said at the very end of that quote is the most important part that if you are pro choice, then yes, that's what you believe, if you've got that kind of clarity of thought.
Speaker 3: I don't think they do, because.
Speaker 4: When they try to wade into the waters of explaining why there are no guardrails, why there are no limits, why there should be no exceptions made for any reason, that you can get an abortion at any time, for any reason or no reason at all, or that at the very end, a ninth term abortion by choice. Their comeback isn't that it's wrong, it's that, well, that's just so rare. That's usually when the child is going to be born, brain dad, or there are complicating factors, and that should be between a woman and her doctor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and historically, that kind of dishonesty, that kind of denial is what we've seen historically from the plantation owners, right, and from all the politicians who supported slavery. It was the same kind of denial. Well, now, listen, that's that's a matter of freedom. That's a matter of freedom, that that's the landowner's freedom to make that decision you don't want a slave, don't have a slave. It's the same mentality now treating these innocent human lives as property.
Speaker 2: And what's happened.
Speaker 1: It's interesting if you look at kind of the discussions within the death industry is there's a big, big body of thought that wait a second, we're only hurting our cause and making us look stupid by trying to claim that it is not a human life.
Speaker 2: You know, we are better.
Speaker 1: Off tactically, says a lot of these pro boarts to acknowledge that it's a human life, but that the woman has a right to take it. And so that is really kind of the prevailing attitude among the power in big abortion.
Speaker 2: And you know, but it's.
Speaker 3: A long way from safe, legal and rare. Isn't it well?
Speaker 1: Right, because it's what I said it is. It is a bunch of people deciding to make the trade off. I'm going to support this mass killing in order to get power and keep power. That that's the trade off they're making. And I really like the way that Trump. There's a lot Trump's doing on the life front right now I don't like. But it's an easy choice whether to support Trump or Commonla Harris for you know, a very devoted pro life for like me, that's a very easy choice to make, right, And so Trump isn't perfect, buddy, is if you want to protect life and you got a choice between these two people, it's the easiest choice you will ever make in your life.
Speaker 2: And that is Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: But I like the way on the positive side, I like the way that he is pointing out their extremism every chance he gets, and that's what GOP candidates should be doing at every level. Obviously, you're not going to make abortion you're leading issue in a campaign, but you're not going to run from it. And that's a big mistake the GOP has made too many times, is running from it.
Speaker 2: They want that fight.
Speaker 1: You're taking on that fight, and you're pointing out who the real extremist is. And when voters realize wait a second, Jared Polis supports allowing that child to be killed as it's being born, then all of a sudden, he looks much more like a monster than a moderate right and I like the way that Trump is doing that. Eight five five for zero five eight two five five number Hey when we come back the Harris Camp, big headline on seeing it. The Harris Camp finally agrees to the debate rules. I think I know why they did and why they're so terrified of these debate rules. Want to kick that around with you, And we have some new information appears to be factional information about the horror in Georgia today.
Speaker 2: Could it have been prevented? You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast.
Speaker 8: It feels some kinship towards her as a mixed person.
Speaker 10: Not personally, I find a lot of her trajectory to not be my brand of woman leader. We've got three major international crises going on and someone applying to be commander in chief. As a woman, I want to see you do more than you know appeal to giggling and having a girl moment on the stage.
Speaker 1: That's MSNBC one of their panels, a mixed race self identified mixed race woman.
Speaker 3: Well, right there, Dan, let's hold it right there.
Speaker 4: How insulting is it to ask a person, well, don't you identify with her because you're also a mixed race woman.
Speaker 3: What if somebody sat down with you or me?
Speaker 4: Dan goes, well, don't you identify with Donald Trump because he's a white man.
Speaker 1: Well, this comes back to something that I know is hard for folks like us to wrap our minds around because it's the opposite of how we view things. But we have to appreciate the fact that most on the left and almost everybody in power on the left, looks down on people of color. That's what we have to appreciate. They look down on people of color. It's evil, it's insidious, it's absolutely wrong, it's ignorant to the core. But most of the people in power on the left, they make it clear from the way they act they look down on people of color, and so that's why they speak to him that way. That's the only way you could ever end up with something like this happening.
Speaker 2: Yesterday. We got Kamala Harrison Detroit.
Speaker 8: You better take a union member.
Speaker 3: On the five day week. You better thank a union member for week.
Speaker 8: You better thank a union member for paid leave. You better thank a union.
Speaker 3: Member for vacas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you see it in so many different ways. I mean, look at this.
Speaker 1: You got these people like Polis and the rest of them, Kamala Harris tripping over themselves to glorify and support and expand abortion when they know it's undeniable. It kills five people of color for at a minimum, for every white kid it kills, no kids should be killed. But they openly celebrate this policy, which is the cornerstone of their existence politically, and they know it's going to kill four black kids for every white kid it kills. Talk about looking down on people, right, and remember what Justice Ginsberg said, She always understood the purpose of ROE was to limit the populations we don't want too many of. That's not my quote, that's hers. So yeah, that's that's how we end up in this situation. Speaking of Kamala Harris, I do want to get into the factor campaign just agreed to the rules for the ABC debate, and so why have.
Speaker 2: They been so terrified of these rules?
Speaker 1: And I understand almost all the attention is on the muted mic, and I do think they're terrified of Trump's might be muted, And I'll get to that in a second. The rule they're most terrified of, and I've got the proof for you, is the rule that she has to.
Speaker 2: Stand up at a podium.
Speaker 1: Did you see what happened in that CNN interview I can't even call it an interview, right, CNN spongebat that somebody said they had this goofy table. Yeah, she was sitting at a table. It was her security blanket along with walls. She had to be seated at a table. And we've all known people, right, You probably know people in your own lives who they've got these different issues going on, and they've got these insecurities, and it manifests in sometimes really different kind of ways. She has to be seated at a table, and that's what her team wanted for the ABC debate, that's why she had it for the CNN interview. Part of it also is just the visual. You know, she's five foot four, which which is certainly not a criticism. Many great people are five foot four. She's five foot four. Trump is six foot three plus. And this race, if the Trump campaign approaches it correctly, will come down to the contrast between strength and weakness. So in a very dangerous time at home and in the world, people are going to see on this stage, you know, somebody who's five foot four, slight, somebody who's six foot three. But more importantly, because we've known some of the most courageous people ever in America have been five foot four or shorter, and they've been very slight of build, but great of stature and bravery. But in this case you have Kamala Harris combined with this contrast visually in stature, Kamala Harris, who has been so pathetically weak and so many different policy ways and in so many ways personally, to the point she has to pretend she is on a call. So reporters can't ask her about the execution of an American hostage. She does one interview in the six weeks since she's been installed. She's weak in so many ways. They're very concerned about that contrast. Now, let's get back to the mute and MIC's okay, this is an enormous problem for don't you think an enormous problem for because the more she just has to talk on her own, and she's counting on ABC to bail her out when she starts to do her thing, to interrupt, etc. But the more she just has to talk, the less Trump can interrupt, the better for Trump. But here's the other point that has not been talked about enough. What was happening in that first debate, claims the Biden camp, And you know, of course the Biden camp wouldn't allow any other reporters in the room, so.
Speaker 2: How do you know?
Speaker 1: But they claimed that Trump was chirping at him while Biden was trying to answer, and that we couldn't hear it because the mic wasn't on good. She obviously has focus and concentration issues.
Speaker 4: One other things i'd say about stature, Dan, And you're painting the picture and it's a very stark one of the contrasts, But it's more than that. Telsey Gabbert is only five foot six, so she's a couple of inches taller than Kamala. But think about how tall she looked and sounded when she eviscerated Kamala on the debate stage.
Speaker 1: Which right, and that was my point that Kamala. If Kamala listen, if her brand was strength because of strength of character and strength of ideas, the way she conducts herself, you know, then then yeah, this wouldn't be an issue for But when her brand is weakness for all of those substantive reasons, and then you're then going to have this contrast on stage. But Ryan and I think the weird insistence on having a table there, I think that's an insecurity anxiety thing. Remember that story about and it was in one of the mainstream media reports back in the days they did not want her as the candidate, which was up until she was installed as the candidate, about how she had to go to this dinner in Hollywood that Biden was sending her to with Hollywood execs, and she was so nervous and terrified to go. She had her staff set up a mock dinner where they just rehearsed what the dinner would look like and what she'd say, and then she canceled it in the end. Anyway, So yeah, between insisting on the table and now that a big plus for Trump that that MIC's going to be muted. Hey, when we come back, want to bring you an update from the horrific school shooting in Georgia. Some lessons to be learned there. And Kamala Harris, this doesn't look good for her.