Speaker 1: There we go. We're here, babies.
Speaker 2: Come on, are you gonna plate?
Speaker 1: I was headed good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: He.
Speaker 2: Rid Ryan, Oh yes, sir, come on.
Speaker 1: You knew we were gonna be here today. Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky take off that Super Bowl hangover. We've got milf Monday, and we've got hashtag Monday selfie going on today thanks to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union. So I got a morning whole morning looking at you guys on our Facebook page. Thank you very much, Shell Federal Credit Union. One of you leaves the show with a hundred bucks just for dropping a picture on our Facebook page. Hammering Hank said he'd joined us on Monday. He's going for win number two fresh out of bad Heads. You had challenge. I got Buzzfest tickets for you in homeroom. Thanks for being up early with us on the fun Fat Flashback. I'll get you some Buzzfest tickets to party with us on Saturday, May twenty fourth out at the Woodlands in Texas. Hammer Game Every Monday. We're gonna talk a lot about Marty guard Galiston. Would you like to ride with me? In a Marty Guard Galveston Parade. Well, I'm going to have that opportunity for you. We'll talk about it in the seven o'clock hour. A two hundred and fifty dollars a Living Spaces gift card coming your way at eight twenty one thousand dollars alternative income. We'll kick it off again. It's back all week for the keyword and enter it at the buzz dot com. We'll do it in around nine to ten Today Papa Roach tickets Rise against Rise of the Roach Tour will leave you with those. Undo the show. Twenty percent chance of rain. Cloudy Skuy's is gonna start to cool off a little bit. Hi have seventy one today morning Alex, Good morning, Rod, Good morning, home room. Where is Houston's headline?
Speaker 3: Well, no team has ever won three straight Super Bowls, and that trend continued last night. The Eagles beat the Chiefs forty to twenty two in Super Bowl fifty nine. The Chiefs didn't really do anything until the fourth quarter, and the Eagles even did the gatorade shower when there were still three minutes left in the game. A lot of people would say it's Unsportsmen like I might say that too, But whatever, it was.
Speaker 1: A blowout, You kidding me? They could have done that well. Gata Ray tight bat at halftime.
Speaker 3: Sure that people of Philadelphia had fun assaulting each other all.
Speaker 1: Evening they were.
Speaker 3: While traveling to New Orleans for the Super Bowl yesterday, President Donald Trump said that he will be announcing new tariffs today. He said that the US will begin imposing twenty five percent tariffs on all steel and aluminum imports coming into the country, including from Canada and Mexico. He also reiterated that he will be imposing reciprocal tariffs on products from other countries that have levied duties against the US goods. According to an annual survey and estimated twenty two point six million Americans planned to miss work today. That's up from sixteen point one million last year and breaks the record of eighteen point eight million from twenty twenty three. The number may actually be higher because this number doesn't even include the no shows, just people that planned to be out already. Another twelve point nine million people planned to show up to work late today. Those numbers could be a big reason that fifty five percent of Americans say that the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a holiday. Yes, you could also just go to work hungover like a normal person like that. Just act like you have You've never been to work hungover, Huh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Grow up.
Speaker 3: There are plenty of Super Bowl commercials during last night's big game.
Speaker 1: I would say it's the highlight of the game.
Speaker 3: Sloths needed to course light to cure their case of the Monday's rby Plaza Bad Bunny and Michael Shannon being a part of Ritz's Salty Club, Bill Belichick and Ben and Casey Affleck We're in a Dunkin Donuts commercial.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady running on Dura cell batteries. He died.
Speaker 3: They had to put more batteries in him. That was pretty good.
Speaker 1: I think Seal is a Seal was probably, yeah, my highlight.
Speaker 3: We already seen that, though that kind of ruins so much of like it wasn't fun.
Speaker 1: I thought I already saw this one before. We still think it was the funniest commercial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, but like you burned the funniest commercial last week neat. In music news, Oasis is releasing a twenty fifth anniversary edition of their fourth studio album Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, originally released in two thousand. The album marked a change in the band's sound. It featured tracks like go let It Out, That's my favorite one from this album and then Sunday Morning Call. The Anniversary Edition includes remastered tracks, B sides, and rare demos. It also is available in various formats, including digital and vinyl. I'm sure Liam would just say whatever uc words and then he would try and get you by it. But so that'll be available. It does not have an available date, but they'll release that soon. That's just going on or those are using headlines now in sports. Yeah, I mean't care about whatever neat.
Speaker 1: Well, back to the Super Bowl though, I mean I haven't seen the ratings yet.
Speaker 3: All Right, it was probably the worst shoot Bowl. It was a blowout, wasn't fun, it wasn't cool. I've never turned a Super Bowl off until yesterday.
Speaker 1: What did you think of Kendrick Lamar? I thought he was good. I really liked it. Was it a really good entertaining half show.
Speaker 3: I was at a party with the youths, people a little bit younger than me, and everyone was dancing and single on with Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 1: Did they know the songs that he was the first one too.
Speaker 3: It was a bunch of a bunch of nurses and its phusiologists, doctors were there and they were partying with Kendrick Lamar and then I don't know, I had people saying it was the worst halftime show ever.
Speaker 1: That's just what the internet does.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts, the Eagles one Jalen Hurts was named the game's MVP. Chile's boyfriend, and uh, it's the Eagles second Super Bowl title.
Speaker 1: Neat, neat.
Speaker 3: What was really important yesterday at sports was that the Rockets got to win. They beat the Raptors ninety four to eighty seven. That win ended what had been a six game lose streak for Houston. They've now got a couple of days to rest before playing the Suns on Wednesday night back at home.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, guys, we're here. We'd love to hear from you. Are you awake and ready to rock with us? Looking for that first phone call? Seven one three two one two five ninety four five seven one three two one two five nine four five The most interactive show on the radio. We'll prove it to you today ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Nevada. Come as you are, and that's kind of like a model of the show. Just come on it, Come on it as you are, doesn't matter. Maybe you're a little hungover, maybe you haven't like showered, you were out partying all last night. That's fine, that's fine. Just come in no judgment zone here, come as you are and join us for another Monday edition of Your rod Ryan Show. MILF Monday stacked on top of hashtag Monday selfie thanks to our friends with Ritch Show Federal Credit Union to be looking for your hungover faces all morning long, and you can it's you can post a picture from the weekend, but it is the selfie. And you can also just snap one this morning, not while you're driving, and get it up on our Facebook page. And one of you leaves the show today with one hundred dollars. Thank you. Michelle, Funeral, Credit Union, Hammer, and Hank in Home Room. He's gonna go for win number two, fresh out of bed, heads ahead. I made sure I checked with him on Friday to make sure that he was not going to be Alex is giving some stats on people calling him sick Alex, you really have a I'm well, I don't know if there's any sympathy there for anything. You can't understand why people can't muster up the strength to go into work the day after the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like you've never been to wear hungover before ever. Yeah, everyone that says they have it is lying. If you haven't gone to wear hungover, then you weren't partying or anything like last night. I guarantee you were just tired. Wake up, don't be a bitch. There some coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't party yesterday. I ate, Well, I didn't party. I party like you know the weekend. No beers for me yesterday. No, No, I knew that I had to be here today. I knew I was gonna be up a little late. Yeah, wow, hero.
Speaker 3: Black, I usually got a purple heart for showing up to work today. Like just be hung over, half ass. They get out of there like it's fine, we have a lunch.
Speaker 1: Chili's not gonna be able to half ask it. He's got a million things he's got to put up on linksin yesterday, my six picks will be going up on linked and guests. Lots of super Bowl content. You know, people discussing different things, and this clip and that clip, and then there's a whole page about the Super Bowl commercials and you know where you think. I guess we got to look at this is the one day of the year that we look at the USA today, still, is it? I think? Because don't they have the atometer today? Oh they may, Yeah, the USA Today. That used to be a huge part of getting ready for the morning show when I was you know, when I was just getting started out, I'd have the local newspaper, I'd have USA Today. You'd use all that to get ready for the show. Now, the only time I ever even say USA Today is on this day.
Speaker 3: I remember used to come into the office and in the break room they just had like twenty newspapers, just like spread out.
Speaker 1: You would just grab one and that's where you did a bunch of stuff. Yeah, all the morning people, all the different radio shows, they'd all go grab a newspaper and that was part of your prepping for the show. I haven't seen a physical copy of the USA Today. I don't even know if there is one, but yeah, we'll have to look at that today. For sure. Commercials were good. Commercials were good. The game was blowout. The game was an absolute.
Speaker 3: Blowout, Eli Manning when they kick a destiny, that was probably the highlight of the day if you ask anyone else.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know about that thing. Those guys see Payton. Are they really trying? Gronk missed two years in a row. I know, I just don't. Eli's an athlete. The fact that people are betting on that, I bet on it, and those guys are in control of whether or not they kick it in there. I don't believe it. I don't believe in any nice clutch. So I knew that. So we're gonna get into a lot of Super Bowl stuff today on the show and talking about the commercials. But Chile's putting all that stuff for you on links and guests. You're gonna start to see a cool off this week today high of seventy one, more like what temperatures should be like here on Feb ten, chance of reign with cloudy skies.
Speaker 4: It's no time for the first phone call of today.
Speaker 1: Well, JD the truck driver, I knew he was going to be up today. Good morning JD, Good morning Rod, this morning.
Speaker 5: You know what death Philadelphi Eagles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're pretty happy about the game yesterday. What a blowout.
Speaker 5: It was a blowout, but you know that is that den the city has never faced a defense like that all Caesars.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, and defense just wins Super Bowls. Now, why are you a Philadelphia Eagles fan?
Speaker 5: Because they're an NFC team. So it made my AFC Team of the Tech my NFC game originally? Are the Niners that didn't make it? So hey, I still support the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you you're you're a conference guy? Sure, okay, all right, dude, Well listen, Alex is a hero. He's here today, any party yesterday? You you're up driving this morning already?
Speaker 5: Uh no, sir, I'm uh.
Speaker 6: I stopped at bot yesterday and.
Speaker 5: Up there in Greenville, Indiana. He's going to degrees out this morning?
Speaker 6: Twenty Yes, what's that?
Speaker 1: It's twenty degrees outside where you're at?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Damn dude? All right, Well are you calling from the comforts of your hotel room or are you in Are you in the truck? I'm in the truck, You in the Okay, let's maybe the horn will wake some people up today? Can I get one? Sure? There you go, think of Alex rolled his eyes.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you JD.
Speaker 1: Glad that you're up with us and keep it in contact with us through the iHeart Radio app. That's everyone else that's joining us on the app. Shout out to you man, thank you for the long distance love. On the flip gonna reck check for you will find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head. We got our own game to play this.
Speaker 4: Morning, Houston, Houston's alternative and helm of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: But all right, welcome back everybody. Hope you're off through a great start to your today. I know a lot of you are moving a little slow up, a little later than you're comfortable with. Same with me. I got it. I was in bed about ten o'clock, so not too bad. We have cloudy skies today, about a twenty percent chance of rain, highs them around seventy one. I haven't made my way over to our Facebook page yet, but I look forward to. Oh, let's do it's just trending for that's all good, that's all good. Let's sign up for a game now. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I haven't made my way over to Facebook yet, Uh can't wait to see all your bright smiling faces this morning, or your maybe mid smiles maid smiling maybe like not so bright smiling faces this morning. That's okay? Hashtag Monday selfie Facebook page your chance to win one hundred dollars from show Federal Credit Union. What else the super Bowl is trending? Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Eagle's wine cool neat. Also trending is Kendrick Lamar. He did the halftime show, and from what I saw online, it was either the greatest halftime show of all time, the worst halftime show of all time, or people just didn't care.
Speaker 1: So I'm not that all that familiar with him. Of course I know the name, and I you know, there's a disc and the whole thing with Drake. I'm coming at it from watching this thing. I don't care about the music, it's not my kind of music. But what about the production of it? Was there a production? Was it an awesome show? Looks like they're on like a hockey rink. Commost he was doing like a couple of different things. He was in different quadrants on the field, and you know Samuel uncle Sam Jackson. That part of it was kind of neat. I said, you know, if this was Katie Perry, he would have done nine costume changes by now. He didn't change those of.
Speaker 3: That cool jacket on the bell bottoms the whole time, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, there wasn't a bunch of smoke and mirrors and explosions and all of that. It wasn't that. I thought it was good man.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it was the best super Bowl halftime show or anything, but I was entertained by it, and that's all you can really ask for a super Bowl halftime show, right that you're entertained.
Speaker 1: Was that Serena Williams dancing.
Speaker 3: Serena Williams, Drake's ex was doing a.
Speaker 1: Crip walk, just a backup.
Speaker 3: I did not know it was a crip walk until this morning, okay, but according to his sources, it was a crip walk. Alaska plane crash is the other thing that's training today. I didn't know about this until this morning, either, but ten people were killed in a plane crash. It was a regional airline in Alaska over the weekend and they got stuck. The plane crashed on a stream of ice. It's kind of floating away so they're having it. It's more difficult to get them. But they have recovered all of the bodies. But that's that's terrible that happened. And that's was training on night for by the bus.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, here we go having some trouble. Yeah, it's Monday. The computer took the day off.
Speaker 3: Hank Hammer and Hank Oh boys, our winner from Friday.
Speaker 1: Can't remember who he beat. I think he beat Josh had to head Monday. I got him, all right, I got him right here. I hope I got him. Jesus, Okay, let's try that.
Speaker 7: Good morning kids. Him and Hank is beat. This five time Hall of Famer is all business. I am your fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 1: One day champion. There we go.
Speaker 7: Don't worry. There'll be no Super Bowl hangover for me. Join me on Monday when I making win number two. Bitch is okay?
Speaker 1: Well, he said he's gonna be fresh and ready to go for you. If you also are super Bowl hangover free, maybe you could call in and play even if you are hungover. Call in play seven one three, two one two five First out of bed head to head Coming up.
Speaker 4: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah ninety four five the bus Foo Fighters and under You Rod Ryan' show hashtag Monday selfie. Hit us up on our Facebook page. Would love to see your bright, smiling face or whatever face you can kind of muster up today on our Facebook page. Chance one hundred bucks at the end of the show, twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies. Highs of around seventy one is gonna cool off considerably this week, how about?
Speaker 3: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners, ooh, we might have some fresh fish to deal with here this morning. Hey Hammering Hank, good morning, Good morning, Rot, welcome back. You said you wouldn't be you wouldn't have a Super Bowl hangover today. You said you'd be ready to go and rock with us. I'm ready, Okay, okay, see what this guy's all about. Daniel Good morning, Good morning, Downtown Daniel Brown. First time you've ever played? Yes, all right, dude, good to have you on. Man. Well, Alex has this.
Speaker 2: Fishy fishy fishy fish.
Speaker 1: Fresh fish Downtown Daniel Brown. Uh, you have a Super Bowl hangover? No, not at all? Oh, okay, the man, you got a couple of guys here that are ready to play this morning. You got a fine time Hall of Famer Daniel that you're gonna have to beat this morning. No pressure, it's fine. I have some tickets. I got a pair of passes to Mio Wolf's radiotave. So that's on the chopping block. All you need to do, Daniel is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, wait for me, wait for me to call on you before you give me the answer, and do that twice. Do that before hammer hank. That's all I'm asking, all right, Okay, okay, I think it was a Monday too. I don't know why I would do this. Mundo has been begging me for redemption. He's like my shot man. He's like, please, you know what happened last time you want do fine? The last time movedo happened again. Passed the gravy. That's gonna be the question. Gave me questions, all right, Mundo's like, please, I need I need to be back on. You can't get you can't get too bad, all right, Mundo sent in some questions for you guys. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Hank, Daniel, Here we go. Question number one, how many stars? Henk, Daniel what you just said? But hang in there, Daniel, Hank. Hank said his name first, Hank, go ahead, fifty.
Speaker 6: Mundo.
Speaker 1: Here's the complete question, Daniel. You're gonna be glad you didn't get through. First. How many stars are on the Texas flag? Daniel, Yeah, that's the correct answer. Your question, dirty question, dirty, dirty, Mundo, so dirty. Of course, my paws didn't help either. I would have said fifty two if I had buzz dinner.
Speaker 3: Then I said the only thing I thought it could have gone with, Daniel, Were you going to.
Speaker 1: Say fifty if you got through? Okay? I said, because you said stars plural? Yeah? How many stars are on the Texas flag? Yeah, you can't really how many star on the Texas flag? Yeah, yeah, it's a it's a good question.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Here we go. H Daniel's on the board against the five time Hall of Famer Hank. Question number two, what do you typically blow out on a birthday cake? Hank, Daniel Hank candles, candles? Yes, okay, Daniel, you got to you gotta get in there quicker, Daniel. Hank's quick unless he gets speeding again. I don't know what's going to happen here, Daniel and Hank for the win. You each have one American Brie Swiss are all types of what Hank cheez cheez. Yeah, he wasn't gonna he wasn't gonna do that again, Daniel. He wasn't gonna just give you that game.
Speaker 6: Daniel.
Speaker 1: We gotta say goodbye to you, bro. Oh thanks for playing. Did you have fun?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You think you'd ever play this game again? Or you're a one and done guy. We're never gonna hear from you again. Oh no, I'll try again. Okay, that's what I like to hear, dude, That's what I like to hear.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: I'd like to get you back on here. Hey, Hey, yes, sir, congratulations, Thank you. Mundo got you on that speeding question. Oh yeah, Mundo, you got the Miao Wolf tickets and I'm inviting you to tomorrow's show if you want to play, sure will okay? Bro hang on the.
Speaker 3: Run Ryan Show, Good Morning, so ninety four, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan showreck gay holiday. Some of you taking a holiday day today, Good for you, Good for you those of you that are up working, we're doing the same. Good to have you all on board. I see nothing. Well, okay, that's not true. Twenty percent chance of rain today, fifty percent chance tonight getting some showers, so cloudy skuys most of the day. It's gonna be cooling off a little bit, and we're gonna see that happening. There's more talk of that Canadian air coming through. Could be a little nasty, may not feel right at home, not nasty, but it's gonna be. It's gonna cool off. Listen, we got a huge week. Alex is gonna be out there on the streets on Friday. Okay, a freaking the sheets out in the streets. I'm ready for right that you you're gonna be out there with the boys. The mile of Meat is this Friday. So we have to really keep an eye in this weather to see what the temperature is gonna be like for you guys standing.
Speaker 8: Up the road.
Speaker 1: Rain I got I bought gloves when it snowed last time. Now ready for them? Oh ready for this? All right? So hide today of around seventy one, the fresh out of bed, head to head, choutge here's your current champion. Good morning.
Speaker 7: This is five time Hall of Famer Hammer and Hank. I told you there'd be no Super Bowl hangover for me. I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champions, and let's.
Speaker 1: Keep these fresh fish coming.
Speaker 7: Baby, join me on Tuesday as I'm making win number three.
Speaker 1: Bitches. It's a pretty good player, right there. Pretty good guy, Pretty good dude. Oh look a Busfest tickets, homeroom, you're getting Busfest tickets today. I think she really likes you guys the most too. Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion Chevelle, Marilyn Manson Blue October Pod Evans Blue Sleep Theory tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster locations. I'll have some of those on the flashback. But I brought him some new stuff for you. It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 9: We make you look smart and funny, everybodies, it's the fuck that's of the day.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Hey, hel brother Rod, you and Mama Cash got you guys. Big party at the house, real big party. It was giant best Super Bowl commercial you saw. I tell you what.
Speaker 8: I had kids around and they had the one about there's the boobs all over the place.
Speaker 1: It was terrible. They that should not have Oh, get the mammograms. What Oh the chick was breastfeeding?
Speaker 8: It was Yeah, the kids were having a hard time.
Speaker 1: At something beautiful. Yeah, yeah, all right, well, Uh, I brought in some new fun facts for you guys. In the early nineteen hundreds, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were considered a delicacy that were only eaten by rich people. But by the nineteen twenties, the price of peanut butter went way down and PB and jy's became a little bit more popular only rich people. I eat PB and J maybe every day during the league.
Speaker 3: Do you really get uncrustabley the freezer when I go home, take the dog out, and I come back that that.
Speaker 1: Bot's ready to go throw up? Peter Pan, No, I won't. I'm crust the ball still a fact about me? Okay, Yeah, I'm not rich. The little cheese and ham and the crackers and the little things. What are those things? That's only when I'm gonna treat myself.
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Whatever lunchables you have, those two not always. I'm feeling crazy as his charcuterie board. Uh, This just happened a couple of years ago. In an NHL game, if all of the team's goalies are injured, the team has the option to suit up anyone they want as their goalie, even someone in the stands.
Speaker 6: That is.
Speaker 3: The emugs what they call it emergency backup goalie.
Speaker 1: They grab somebody from the stands a couple of years ago, and the guy won. Like sometimes you.
Speaker 3: Aren't, like you could be like a Carolina Hurricanes fan and you're the EBUG. But like, if like the Bruins goalies are out, you got to play for them instead. It's not just each team always, it's just sometimes like we have an ebug that is selected for this game.
Speaker 1: Is it pre designated before the game? I think it has to be. I guess.
Speaker 3: I never know how it works until they're like, oh crap, we got an e bug starting and what is the stand for again?
Speaker 1: Emergency backup GUALI? Okay, wild, how did you know that? A lot of facts I did not help grew up his whole life plan hockey. He didn't know that we didn't have emergency bugs. Coldgate started selling a line of frozen dinners in nineteen eighty two. Coldgate you're hearing me correct. Colgate selling a line of frozen dinners in nineteen eighty two, they failed miserably. Why because people associate logo with toothpaste and not food. That's stay in your lane.
Speaker 6: It's the fuck that's.
Speaker 1: Of the day.
Speaker 9: We make you look smart in your bodies. It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 4: All Right.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of you would be hurt in this morning, so I'm gonna go real easy on you for Buzzfest tickets. Who sells seventy five hamburgers every second? And on this planet seventy five hamburgers sold every second? Seven one, three, two, two, five nine four five s. There we go.
Speaker 3: Now time for rockout with yours, dock out with Captain Cats.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's the money guy right there. He's not hungover today. He comes in here ready to rock every day, ready to roll. Okay, how we do on Wall Street? Friday?
Speaker 6: Not that good?
Speaker 8: Thedat was down four hundred and forty points kick off this morning at forty four thy three hundred and three. Nasdaq down two hundred and sixty eight points to nineteen thousand, five hundred and twenty four benchmark Senior Treasury trades at a four and a half percent, and oil stands at seventy one dollars ninety one cents a barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs Navidia, Coca Cola and Chevron. The big duds Nike, Amazon and Apple. The economic calendar this morning, well it's all clear. Futures looking good. They're on the upside. Hangout to this will be a posse of opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 8: I'm out here. This is how Alan managed the director with the Ramony James Portefy The Ride Ryan Show from Ramy James on San filiet Benegasta, No forget toys, rock out this stuff.
Speaker 4: Famian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those are Raymond James of Associates than come ember nyt as, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmisson We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This program is for educational and informational purposes. On lea The Studs and does are based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 3: Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five of the bus Welcome back, Ron Ryan showre fat. Okay, good morning, good morning, Well hello, who's this? My name is David. Hi, David, welcome, Welcome to the fun Fat flashback Listen. I knew you guys would be out late on Sunday, so I'll take I'm taking it easy on you. Who sells seventy five hamburgers every second in this world of ours as.
Speaker 5: Some golden archers McDonald's bubl Dude, of course it is you got it?
Speaker 1: Congratulations?
Speaker 6: Who else would it be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know. That's why anyone's going to take it easy on you guys. Hey can get you some Buzzfest tickets. Man, please come off party with us on Saturday, May twenty fourth. All right, Oh my good after freaking lotly, my guy, that's so great. Thank you, David. Wife's good. Oh yes, thanks for being a part of the home room. Dude, have a great day.
Speaker 6: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, David.
Speaker 1: David's up, good, good energy right there. Houston's headlines coming up. More super Bowl talk to get us there. It's corn got the Life ninety four or five The Buzz or fun the Buzz. Maybe the best corn song might be my favorite, Got the Life. I needed that this morning. Hopefully you're off to a great start to your day. I can tell you you guys look awesome. Almost one hundred of you have already dropped a selfie on our Facebook page and tash tag Monday Selvy. We're back with Shell Federal Credit Union. One of you leaves the show with one hundred dollars today. Thank you Shell FC.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have some cooler time just heading our way this week. It starts today high of seventy one. It's different than the eighties that we those record temperatures all last week. Twenty percent chances of rating today Cloudy Skuy's high seventy one, fifty percent chance of showers tonight next hour. The Texas Hammer Game. You know we played that game every Monday at seven twenty. And I'm gonna start talking about getting you to a party with me at Marty Grog Galveston. I'm back this year. Brett Michaels is going to be on the stage on the day and the night that I'm there. Will get you up on a balcony. We'll get you up on the float. You want to ride on a float and throw some beads and do all that fun stuff. That's all coming your way if you win the Texas Hammer Game, and we're gonna have that opportunity for you all week. Right now. I got my man Alex over here with Houston's headlines, and there's no denying man. The super Bowl is the headline. Yeah, you can't get around to Alex.
Speaker 3: Good morning everyone, No team is everyone? Three straight Super Bowls and that trend continued last night. The Eagles beat the Chiefs forty to twenty two in Super Bowl fifty nine. Chiefs didn't really do anything until the fourth quarter, and the Eagles even did a very unsportsman like move, which was doing the gatorade shower with three minutes still after the home.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, it was a complete blowout. Everything was all unsportsmanlike. If you asked me, Chiefs would have never done that. That was fine.
Speaker 3: A New York federal judge granted a temporary restraining order to nineteen states suing the Department of Government Efficiency on Saturday morning. The States want to block Elon Musk's Department from accessing taxpayer records as he examines the Treasury and other federal departments looking for fraud and waste. The group specifically mentions DOGE gaining access to social Security numbers and bank account information of millions of Americans is their main concern. New York's Attorney General, Letitia James, ordered that Musk and his DOGE employees destroy all of the records that they have obtained so far.
Speaker 1: So there is some real news happening. That was real news. Yeah, all right, Are traffic jams making us fatter? Yes?
Speaker 3: Well, traffic around the country might be a little bit lighter today because people are skipping work after the Super Bowl, and apparently that is going to be good for our way because, according to a study, heavy traffic makes people gain weight. It all comes down to meal choices. Researchers looked at the three years worth of traffic and GPS data and found out that heavy traffic makes people more likely to eat fast food, especially for dinner. They think that it's because you're less likely to want to cook when you've been stuck in traffic.
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree with that.
Speaker 3: And people were also less likely to swing by the grocery store after sitting in traffic. But you're just like you're sitting in traffic for an hour hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Like I don't want to go do anything now, I just want to be home. Yeah, just I don't know. I don't find cooking to be that difficult. I don't find cooking at home to be hard. But you're like, I'm wasting time.
Speaker 3: Like if I got home at five thirty instead of six thirty, then I could cook at five or at like at six, I'm still getting home an hour later than that. You know, I can understand the logic with that, where it's okay, why don't we just order in? Why don't I just go pick up something on the way home.
Speaker 1: Or go through the drive through? Yeah, and those drive throughs, I cannot believe the patients that you guys have.
Speaker 3: You get out of the cars a thousand times faster.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's what I always did.
Speaker 6: It has to be.
Speaker 3: I like to pick like you. You do that too, where you pick the car and you're like, I'm gonna beat you, and I go in and I'm always out before him. I just except for Chick fil a, Chick Fila, you wait in the line because they're the most efficient ever.
Speaker 1: I don't do the fast food, but I check them out and I just I'm always amazed at the line of cars. Yeah, and it's just people sitting in their car. And I guess if you're just scrolling on your phone and maybe, but I just sitting in that line. I'm dying. I'm slowly dying. But it's making us fatter or sitting in traffic, guys.
Speaker 3: So if you're you're bitching to your boss but wanting to work remotely, like, I don't want to get fatter, guys, I'm trying to watch me.
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 1: Well, like you said, traffic might be a little lighter today. Yeah, it's very true.
Speaker 3: During Kendrick Lamar's halftime show last night, he did perform his Drake This track not Like Us. He also said say Drake, I hear you like him young, and then had Drake's ex Serena Williams doing a crip walk during the show as well.
Speaker 1: He did not say the word.
Speaker 3: Pedophile that he usually says doing that, but pretty much everyone else in the stadium seemed like they did. Kendrick was introduced by Samuel L. Jackson, who was dressed like I'muncle Sam. He was providing narration between songs as well. I thought it was a pretty good show. I saw mixed reviews online. Okay, so number one, you like Kendrick Lamar, I do you're a fan?
Speaker 1: I think he's probably the best rapper right now. Okay. I was going to go with a pole question and I'm like, why, it's not really our audience. Everyone's just gonna trash it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I watched it and I just said it's okay. I don't have to like them before entertained by it, I thought it was okay. I just thought the production of it wasn't all that great. I didn't think visually it was spectacular. Okay. I think a halftime show has to come at you from different angles. The music is important, the performer. You got to have a big name, which he's a huge name. There's no denying that. I don't know the ins and outs of the beef, all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: That's what I can see people like not understanding it is like it did feel like you were like watching an inside joke, and if you did not know the inside joke part, you're like, what does this mean?
Speaker 1: What does this mean?
Speaker 3: Yes, he had a minor as a chain on his like he was wearing an a minor chain because he says probably a minor in the in this song.
Speaker 1: But if you didn't know that already, Like, why's he got in a right there?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: So there's like there's hidden meetings and all this stuff in.
Speaker 1: There, and they're a mustard guy that came out with a DJ must have Okay, so he came out on that beat. But yeah, so like I can understand.
Speaker 3: Why people were confused by certain stuff, but I was entertained. I thought it wasn't bad or anything like that. So I think you summed it up best that there was a bit there was. It was a lot of inside stuff that if you weren't in there, I can see why people were like, I didn't get that, But I feel like if you didn't get it, you.
Speaker 1: Still were like, a that was decent and if you're it's like with a movie.
Speaker 3: To me, like I'm not gonna be that critical of movies where it's like I was entertained for two and a half hours, that's good. I was entertained for thirty minutes. I'm happy with the half type of show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I thought that the production itself was lackluster. But then they just let him perform, which was kind of cool.
Speaker 3: I thought, instead of having to have fire and left Shark and all that other stuff, I thought that was kind of a cool way to go about it.
Speaker 1: But I think you that's where I disagree with you. You want the super Bowl halftime show. I want a spectacle too, so that every car on this so that even if even yeah, how many people came out of that car one hundred, Uh, I just thought it lacked in the visual.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For me, I just you know, I'm more about wardrobe changes and special guests and all of that, and you know, I get it. He was the first pure rapper to host and to hold it down. He wasn't sharing that with anyone. That's true.
Speaker 3: He didn't want the doctor dre with Snoop and Eminem and all of that and not what he wanted to do in a clad.
Speaker 1: It was a big deal that he was doing it. He was asked to do it, and he didn't want to share the spotlight with anyone. And that's his prerogative too. I mean the weekend I don't think brought up that rapp covid too. It was nice to be so you don't have to have special guests. I just I don't know. I just thought it was okay.
Speaker 3: Flogging Molly has canceled their twenty twenty five tour dates because of singer Dave King's serious health condition. The band broke the news on social media, asking for privacy. While King and his wife and bandmates deal with this situation, They did not reveal any details. I did thank fans for their love and support, and since the announcement, fans and musicians have flooded the band with messages of encouragement and hope.
Speaker 1: So we just wish the best for Dave and the best of the band. Yeah, because this is his busy season, March, Flugging Molly and drop Kick Murphy's that's their busiest month. You know, those are Uston's headlines, all right, we wish him the best. They Flogging Molly played a buzzfest or a or a Weenie roast or something. Yeah, in the middle of the day they played that. I missed that. I've always wanted to see them. Yeah, they were great. Okay, So super Bowl last night, we don't really even talk about it anymore, Yeah, we kind of do.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, okay, fine, Eagles beat the Chiefs. Eagles quarterback Jan Hurts his name the game's MVP. Neat eleven running the ball eleven times seventy two yards.
Speaker 1: He has some big runs. Awesome, listen. Great. He broke his own previous record of the most running yards by a quarterback in a Super Bowl, so it was his own record. Definitely clearcut MVP. I saw that I'm going to disney World commercial times this morning already.
Speaker 3: It does not make me want to get a disney World. But it was the Eagles second Super Bowl title. In other sports, is the more important thing that happened yesterday with the Rockets getting a win. They beat the Raptors ninety eighty seven, ending what had been a six game losing streak. They're now gonna have a couple of days off before they played the Suns on Wednesday night at Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Al Right, here we go, ninety four to five The Buzz. Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Thanks so much for having us on and participating. Those of you that have already dropped a selfie hashtag Monday selfie is back. Thanks to our friends over at show Federal Credit Union. I getting a chance to go through all your pictures and see on Facebook. It's just kind of a fun thing for us to do here. We'd like to see you guys, especially those of you that are taking actual pictures from this morning and dropping them in there. Listen, if you're out fishing this weekend, you want to use that your picture, I don't care, just get you get get get on there, get on our Facebook page, drop that photograph and one of you Rando selected. I'll check in with Chilli later to see where we're at with our big game squares. We were a lot of our listeners, one hundred of you were watching that game and you made it on the big beer board. See who won some cash yesterday. Hope you guys want some cash. Thanks to our friends over at car Bock for ponying up twenty five hundred dollars. I was on some other squares. I must have got on something with one of my goddaughters or something. I didn't even I just thought of it right now, like I wonder if I want some money, you gotta go check. You gotta go check. My sixth picks are up from the weekend. We'll talk about those. But still, man, super Bowl twenty two point six million people you said planning on missing work today. Those are people that planned on missing work. Can you imagine the amount of no shows that are happening today. But they said with twenty two point six billion American workers planning to miss today, it's up from sixteen million last year. It's a big difference. That is a big difference. I don't know what the difference is in the game. I don't know why that many more people would be calling in today, but a lot of people talking about the Super Bowl halftime show. I had it typed out the pole question would you think of Kendrick Lamar Lamar's halftime show? And then I just thought, it's not really our audience. Why would I ask our audience. I think it's going to get trashed. I think it's just going to get completely trashed. I like this. Tony sent this in he goes, good morning, buddy. The halftime show was definitely not my type of music or my type of show. But I promise you the fifteen teenagers I had in my living room watching the game, every one of them knew every word to every song and they were all dancing during the halftime show. It may have not been from my crowd, but it definitely was for a certain crowd. Using talks to text and he said, have a good day. Yeah, I don't trash it just because I don't like that type of music. That's that's closed minded. Yes, very much. So you summed it up that there's a lot of insider things going on with Kendrick Lamar and I imagine there's a huge chunk of our audience that it's like, okay, what's the deal him and Drake don't get along? Okay, there's a disc track after that. I don't know what's going on either. Yeah, okay, I get it. I don't get it, but I get it. I get that. I don't get it. That's okay. Did Drake him get into a physical fight ever?
Speaker 3: No, I ain't like Drake really a disc track against Kendrick, and then Kendrick did this one.
Speaker 1: But then he push. So you're saying Drake started the fight. I believe so, and then Kendrick kind of ended it.
Speaker 3: Because when somebody accuse you of being a pedophile and talking to minors, which I'm not saying he did or did not, but it seems like that's where it was leaning towards. Yeah, then people are chanting that at a super Bowl and he kind of lose that time and Drake and they won an award already, Like he's cleaning up with awards with it, he's getting the halftime show that you really bring your ex out dancing while he's singing it.
Speaker 1: Just a bad day to be Drake. Chili, did you like the halftime show? Chili comes from that world. He used to be in that world working at the box all those years. What did you think of the halftime show? Dude?
Speaker 6: It was pretty cool? Definitely.
Speaker 11: I knew that it wasn't going to be everybody's cup of tea, just because you know, it's everybody ages different, everybody wants to rock and roll, everybody wants this and that. So you know, ever since jay Z took over the halftime show, you know, it hasn't been what people wanted to.
Speaker 1: See you, But I thought it was pretty cool. Well, those fifteen teenagers in that guys living room loved it. Yeah, you know, and if you're trying to cultivate, I thought people would listen or watch the super Bowl for years to come. It's like, okay, let's get them interested in it.
Speaker 11: I mean, that was a lot of stuff like uh hitting meaning. But I mean you saw the American flag there and everything.
Speaker 1: So I thought it was pretty cool.
Speaker 11: The GNX that that Grand National car has a meaning to him because when he was born, that's the car his dad picked him up in the hospital with, you know, So that's why that's on the album. Yeah, that's the name of the album, the Grand National, And that's why it was so meaning to him, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Put that car stuff. Was it a real car, because obviously it was. It had a cutaway underneath it, underneath the stage, and people were clients from underneath the stage, So I wonder that had to be like a replica, right, Yeah, I think that was a prop because I mean he was on top of it and everything.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, you're rooting that paint job. So no, but I thought it was It was good.
Speaker 11: Now, I know, I'm I know that it wasn't everybody's cup of team. All right, hopefully this next coming super Bowl, you know, it could be somebody else, you know that anybody will well.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if it Like I was thinking that, right, now the biggest superstars in music are country stars. Yeah, if they would have timed it out, if you would have had Landy Wilson in jelly Roll, I mean, if you would have had some kind of a you know, everybody out there, Dolly Parton spanning every country would have crushed it. There still would have been people that say, oh, I hate country, So it doesn't matter what's up there, people are going to bitch about it.
Speaker 11: He also got a kind of like the culture of New Orleans. There's a lot of hip hop, you know, yeah, so it kind of fits with the you know it just.
Speaker 1: I thought they catered very well to the city before Trumbone. Shorty was good. Harry Connock Junior, he thought.
Speaker 3: He puts that that New Orleans accent on. Sometimes we're a little thick where like you'll hear him talk normally it's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, come on down in a bayo. Yeah, yeah, he can throw it on. Was that him the one in the piano began Yeah, Harry connic junr Okay, because I was like, who the heck is that? I don't even know who he was. His dad was the District Attorney of New Orleans for years. Oh yeah, yeah, and his dad was a lounge singer. So I mean, Harry Connick is is iconic in New Orleans. He's got his own parade coming up for Marty grass I like, he's a real likable guy. And I'll end it on this though. They were very respectful. I thought with the tragedy that happened New Year's Eve, I thought they handled that really well. I got doing that tribute we awesome. We had talked about, hey, we saw, we had heard that. Michael Strahan and Lady Gaga and Tom Brady, they were out on Bourbon Street one of the days last week to film that, and that piece was really well done. I thought they did a really respectful job with the tragedies that happened, and then they even mentioned, you know, the plane crashes and things like that. That's a tough thing. You're trying to like the halftime show, You're trying to make everybody happy, and.
Speaker 3: It's such a quick turnaround too, from when it happened to when you're doing this, Like I thought a lot could have gone wrong.
Speaker 1: I think they nailed it. I thought that part of the show was really good. God.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool the way they had the first responders holding the pictures of the victims.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was cool. I thought it was really really thought out and done well. And that's the thing that if you don't do well, you're really gonna get called out for it, and there's a lot of pressure on making sure that you do that the right way. They had captains that were on the field that were family members and stuff, and some of the background pieces that we saw beforehand about the mom talking about her son being down at Berger Street. She's like, I don't want you to go. Yeah, she said, I told you not to go New Year's Eve. Well, and then the police obviously not knowing that you were thinking that was something the worst was gonna happen. But then the worst happened.
Speaker 3: The security guard that was supposed to work the Super Bowl, Yes, that passed away.
Speaker 1: It was like that. Yeah, they kept everything was just talking at your heart strings the whole time. All right, let me take a short break there. It Chili has a lot of Super Bowl recap stuff, including all the commercials. We haven't even gotten into that yet, but that is all on the world Famous rod Ryanschol page at the buzz dot Com. Coming up, We're gonna play the Texas Hammer Game, and I'm gonna tell you how you can kind of hang out with me. Coming up the next couple of weeks, I'm gonna be at Marty Grog Galveston. I'm gonna get you on a float and doing all kinds of fun things. So it's gonna be a big, big week as I'm getting ready for Marty Grad Galveston. If you want to play the Texas Hammer Game, you need to call Chilly now seven one three two, p one two five nine four five call him now, get in the queue, and when we come back, you're gonna hear the Texas Hammer for your chance to hang out with me.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: That's us.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, hope you're off to a great start to your day. Welcome back from the weekend.
Speaker 6: Begin a chance.
Speaker 1: I'd appreciate you checking out links and guests. This morning, I dropped my six picks. I got him a chili late yesterday working on that during the game. As a matter of fact, twenty percent chance of rain Cloudy's guys highs up around seventy one. I did take a peek as to what is happening this week. If you look at the ten day seventy one, the high on Tuesday seventy one, the high on Wednesday seventy one, the high on Thursday fifty two, the Friday the high sixty two, it's gonna cool off a little bit. It's through trending first. Okay, all right, I did find everything. Super Bowl is trending. Every single thing is trending. Yes, the USA today, the one time of year we still look at that publication ad O meter. Yeah, the Ado beater, top five, Budweiser first delivery where the Clydesdale kind of pushed that keg into the bar Lays, the little farmer, the little girl that buried the potato. That was number two. Michelob Ultra. That's the one with Willem Dafoe. They're playing pickleball. Oh, I'll play you for a met or whatever it was. Yeah, yeah, like, okay, who are these two old people that are going to play the pickleball?
Speaker 6: So that was good.
Speaker 1: Stella Artois, David Beckham David Beckham, yeah, yeah, and this long brother and the NFL somebody I am somebody. I know I'm young, but I'm somebody. It was one of those like hype raw NFL ads. That's what they rated as the top five. So I thought the commercials overall were good. I didn't think anything was amazing. There wasn't that one thing that every single person is talking about today? Yes?
Speaker 6: True?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: What else is hashtag Monday? Selfie is trending on our Facebook page. Go drop a selfie and you can win some cash.
Speaker 1: Looking good guys.
Speaker 3: And then Bill belichick girlfriend is trending. She was wearing a Falcons Super Bowl champions shirt. Now, the Patriots famously came back from twenty eight to three down to beat the Falcons in that Super Bowl, and she was walking around with a shirt just kind of trolling people.
Speaker 1: She really, she really is super showy, loves having her picture taken. I mean she's out there wearing super skimpy clothes and Bill Belichick is loving it. He's gotta be right. I mean, he wouldn't better to do that if he wasn't. All right, do we do this now? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bill Belichick's girlfriend headlining looking at girls today. I had to why wouldn't you? And she was in the She was in the Duncan commercial with Bill. Yeah, it's gotta be serious.
Speaker 3: That hell.
Speaker 1: Wild came man to win the best game in Houston.
Speaker 2: Who wants it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you want to play the game seven one three two win two five nine four five. All right, oh no, we already Oh there, Oh Chili said he's already got a lined up. Okay, all right, dude, do doo doo doo. He's got Stephen up here. Hello, Steven, Hey, good morning. How are you.
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 1: How are y'all doing? Doing great? Stephen? Big delay here. I feel like you're not answering me. It doesn't matter. I'm gonna play you the clip. Can you hear everything? Okay, yes, I can hear you? Okay, good, I'm gonna play you a clip. Here we go. It's the Texas Hammer game, right, so it's going to be the great Jim Adler spitting some lyrics. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the of the song. Okay, all right, all right, here we go. Oh okay, let's just go into the Yeah, let's just go into the clip. We're there, We're there already, all right, you ready, okay, here we wait? Yeah, do do do do do do. I gotta I gotta ace that all right, now, we're ready to go. All right, here we go, bro.
Speaker 2: Stitched, patched up, and sewed in.
Speaker 6: I'll probably see you again.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song?
Speaker 6: Stephen?
Speaker 4: Oh, I have no idea.
Speaker 7: I've never heard that highlight.
Speaker 1: You have, though, I mean we'll have Alice is gonna tell us that we've all heard that before. Cason, good morning. Hello, hey dude, welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. Let's take a listen to this lyric here. I think we're all squared away.
Speaker 2: Stitched, patched up, and sewed in.
Speaker 6: I'll probably see you again.
Speaker 1: Name of the band, name of the song? Oh, all right, case we got to move on. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know it, it's a chance to ride with me Marti gar Galveston Parade. Come down to Martigo Galveston and hang out and party and do all this fun stuff. If you want to win that, you gotta get this right. Rod Ryan Show said effects include mood swings. Mood swings. Alright, here we go, Squeezer say it ain't so yeah, you gotta get up. You gotta go to work today. It's all right, it's all right, it's not so bad. Bosses will be pretty lenient today, I think. Yeah, well, I mean I don't think our bosses will be here today. Yeah, I don't imagine it's super duper lenient today. Guys, hope you're up to a great start to your day. The hashtag Monday selfie is going on. That's always fun. Links and guests. Belichick's girlfriend chees and Rice look for him. She's twenty four. Yeah, he's seventy something. Seventy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You can just see him like she's.
Speaker 1: Running around taking pictures with people and he's just sitting there. He's like talking that picture. He doesn't care, he doesn't carry's having a great time.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought the sickest flex was having her in the commercial, the Duncan commercial. That's him and his girlfriend in that commercial. You get my girlfriend down her too. It's fine, I'll do it. I'll do it him shot wild. That was a pretty good spot though, too. Yeah, it wasn't bad. I forgot what they said. Ben Affleck, there's some money, I mean millions of dollars to be in that commercial. He got paid a lot. And Casey Affleck was in there, yeah, his brother. We've got all the commercials. All that stuff for you is on links and guests. In case you missed anything, it was it's tad. Even if you have a couple of people at the house, people want to talk, they want to hang out a little bit. It's it's not everybody wants to shut up during the commercials. Like I feel like I'm not very social. I had a couple of people at the house. I'm just kind of watching the TV. I'm like, yeah, I kind of need to see this stuff. Yeah, you know, Yeah, I feel like there's a good mix. Yeah. So it's very super Bowl heavy on links and guests. Today. This is Dan Handler and.
Speaker 2: It's time to play the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: All right now, we got the intro in the right spot with Ron Ryan on ninety four. Yeah, he's waiting. He's waiting for us to get some sort of a winner here. Maybe Christine will get it. Christine, good morning, Okay, Hi, hey Christine, how are you trying to get a winner here on the Texas Hammer Game. Here, I'm going to play you a lyric of the Great Texas Hammer. You need to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Here we go.
Speaker 12: Stitched, patched up, and sewed in. I'll probably see you again.
Speaker 1: Name of the band, name of the song. Uh, I'm gonna go with Kalita, see your jain.
Speaker 5: Charlie, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just a little off Rob. Good morning, r O B. Yes, sir, Hi Rob, how are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: I'm doing good, doing good.
Speaker 1: Let's take it. It's not Charlie. Poof. Let's ting a listen here.
Speaker 12: Stitched, patst up, and sewed in. Oh, probably see you again.
Speaker 1: It's a tough one. Name of the band. Name of the song, Rob Man. I yeah, I don't know. Wow, it's a tough one today. It's a very tough one today.
Speaker 6: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna go back to back. Rob's ro Ob good morning, Hey, good morning, Hey Rob. I'm gonna play the clip.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 1: I guess we got a real tough one today.
Speaker 2: Stitched, patched up, and sewed in.
Speaker 6: Oh, probably see you again.
Speaker 1: Name of the band name of the song, Rob.
Speaker 5: Case Reelephant Neo pool.
Speaker 1: Yep, got a winner. We got a winner. Finally, that was a tough one today. Nice Rob. Check it out. Here's what I'm giving away today. You have just won the opportunity for you and a guest to come down and party with me at Marty Grag Galveston on February twenty second. You and your guest get to ride on my float. We'll get your VIP viewing at the Brett Michaels performance, and some balcony passes, some drink tickets, all of that. Dude, you'd be treated like the king that you are. Rob, you and your guest, Man, I hope you accept this invitation to come down and party with me, almost heavenly for yours. All right, my brother full entertainment lineup in activities to buy your tickets Marty Gradgalveston dot com. But Rob, you're in dude, way to go today, man, nicely done, Ryan Show on ninety four. Five's a buzz, tough one today, ninety four or five of the buzz. That's a cage against the elephant neon pill one two three. It took a while. Yeah, that was a tough one. Did I've given you some layouts lately?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That one. I'm gonna step it up a little bit. Gang, it's tough for a Monday. Get people dragging today. Good morning, Hope you're off to a great start to your day, Welcome back to a busy week, and yeah, what you heard me? Just give away? Man, I am so excited to be heading down to Marty Grog Galveston. The prize that we're giving away. You're cruising around with me. You're on my float. We'll get you some beads to throw, We'll get you on balconies and partying and all that stuff. You got a good view of Brett Michaels. I mean, you really get treated like a champion. Ride with me Marty Grog Galveston all week long. I'm going to be giving away tickets Marty Grog Galveston dot com for the full lineup. But I'm excited to be working with these guys again and heading down there. I got a two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces give card coming your way at eight twenty. And I got all everything that you need to wrap up the Super Bowl. I've got it all for you on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com, Houston's rocking alternative, The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ry Morning Show six to ten am, ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: BUS four or five Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Welcome back. Yeah, let's get right in the headlines. Alex looking at the time. Seven fifty two. Wakey, wakey, hands off cupcake, Welcome back from the weekend. Everybody, I got my six picks up. Chill he has them up, I should say. On links and guests, you can go and check that out. So great to meet so many of you and see some familiar faces out at Monster Jam on Saturday. We were down there in the pits again. Twenty percent chance of rain today, cloudy skies hive seventy one, fifty chance of showers to night. All right, Alex, gotta do it. Houston's headlines. Whatch you guy? Winning?
Speaker 6: Everyone?
Speaker 3: No team has ever won three straight Super Bowls, and that trend continued last night. The Eagles beat the Chiefs forty to twenty two in Super Bowl fifty nine. The Chiefs didn't really do anything until the fourth quarter, and the Eagles did even did the gatoray shower when there was still three minutes left to go in the game.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Why do you think that the Chiefs they looked so flat. You know, they've been on the big stage before. They know how to handle the pressures of this game. They just they looked like a first time team that Yeah, you know what I mean, Like they had that look about them of a team that wasn't ready for the Super Bowl. Yeah, they just came out a little flat. And I think that that added up.
Speaker 3: One team does come out flat, the other team didn't.
Speaker 1: And why did they come up flat two weeks ago against the Bills.
Speaker 3: Bills would have lost that game last night too, and you would have been really upset.
Speaker 1: Why why do you say that? I think the Eagles were just that good. The Chiefs are better than the Bills that last yesterday they were horrible. The Bills didn't play, So we don't know how that that's true.
Speaker 3: While traveling to New Orleans for the Super Bowl yesterday, President Donald Trump said that he will be announcing new tariffs. He said that the US will begin imposing twenty five percent tariffs on all steel and aluminum imports coming into the country, including from Canada and Mexico. He also reiterated that we will be imposing quote, reciprocal tariffs on products from other countries that have levied duties on the US goods. According to an annual survey and astimated twenty two point six million Americans planned to miss work today. That's up from sixteen point one million last year and breaks the record.
Speaker 1: Of eighteen point eight million from twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: That number may actually be higher because this number doesn't even include people that are just gonna know, show at their job that they are calling in sick or anything like that.
Speaker 1: These are people that have already taken off, already planned to be out today. That's a huge number.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are yeah, yeah, I got I got some kind of sickness. Boss, you can't make it end today.
Speaker 1: We were going to take today off and we were going to we were gonna I wish we could have if the Bills run the Super Bowl, we could have just done that. I would have never have mentioned this game again. It was tough watching all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: New Orleans does a great job. A fun place for the Super Bowl. Yeah, and it's heavily concentrated. There's just celebrities everywhere. I hope it's left after the Eagles fins, like they might just burn it down. I didn't really see much about, you know, how they acted. I saw some stuff in Philly of them, you know fires, But I mean I didn't see anything in New Orleans. I guess I gotta go look to see how they how they treated the quarter and the summiest of all the fans. So they're going to do the worst kinds of things.
Speaker 3: But yeah, those numbers could be a big reason that fifty five percent of Americans think that the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a holiday. But hey, if you're at work, congratulations, you're a hero and you know how to show up to work on over all, right.
Speaker 1: There are plenty of Super Bowl commercials during the game last night.
Speaker 3: Some of the best ones, according to many, include these Sloss needing course light to cure their case of the Mondays, Aubrey Plaiz, a Bad Bunny, and Michael Shannon being a part of Ritz's Salty Club, Bill Belichick, Ben Affleck and Casey Affleck, and a Dunkin Donuts commercial with Bill's girlfriend. Yeah, Tom Brady run on Durro cell batteries. There's the Kool Aid Man Energizer, Bunny Chester Cheetah and the Old Spice Guy and an instacart ad and then Seal as a seal.
Speaker 1: For Mountain Do Baja Blast That loved it.
Speaker 3: That was I guess what everybody's saying is the best one at least at least what we're getting emails for.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you can go see all those. We have a Super Bowl blog page. Today.
Speaker 3: Oasis is releasing a twenty fifth anniversary edition of their fourth studio album, Standing on the Shoulders of Giants. Originally released in two thousand, the album marks a change in the band's sound. It featured tracks like go Let It Out, which you're listening to right now, and Sunday Morning Call. The Anniversary edition includes remastered tracks, B sides, and rare demos. It is available in various formats, including digital and vinyl. Those are Houston's headliness weird to hear that You like this?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: I love this one. This was my favorite one. Do you like the album? Yeah? Yeah, this was one, Like it's not my favorite album. They were tamped, they were tapering off.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At this time an Oasis wasn't like quite as big. I mean, the couple albums were just huge. They were on top the world, and then yeah, they kind of put this out and then that was it. I'm like, yeah, we're gonna just kind of peace out. And now they're playing tour or sold out stadiums around the world.
Speaker 3: You're going to Mexico to sam Mexico City.
Speaker 1: I'm going, yeah, which is going to Ninish Nails. That's why I'm not going to the Ninas Nail show here because Ninas Nails playing on Friday and then I'm going to be in Mexico City on Saturday.
Speaker 3: I gonna play Agains. You may never see that, so I get that, all right?
Speaker 1: Super Bowl blow euty, Yeah, Eagles.
Speaker 3: One and Jalen Hurts is the MVP. Congratulations show. Your boyfriend won MVP is their second Super Bowl title. Next, we got the Rockets. That was the most important thing in sports yesterday is Rockets ending their losing streak. They beat the Raptors ninety four to eighty seven. They're now going to get a couple of days off before they play the Suns on Wednesday night back at Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Rock and Alternative to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four to five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show halfway part of the show both eight oh three. Thanks so much for coming back to us. Hope you guys have a great weekend. Of course, lots of Uh. I had to go look it up. The Harrison Ford Jeep commercial. It was two minutes, sixteen million dollars. I imagine they're charging the double thirty second ad. You're right, it was eight million for a thirty second ad. So I wonder what kind of rate they gave gen two million. There's no way they paid that. I don't know they might, yeah, I mean it's it's thirty seconds. Is thirty seconds? So yeah, the Harrison Ford commercial went on forever. I say, the jeep commercial with Harrison.
Speaker 3: If I was a Jeep employee, that was like, you can't give me a raise, but we can buy thirty two million dollars worth of ads.
Speaker 1: I had three people different people asked me what was that? Where's that building in New Orleans that Brad Pitt did that five minute intro thing that he did before the game. That building's not New Orleans. It was in LA. He didn't he I mean, you know he's got close ties. He lived there for a long time. You know, it makes sense why why he would do something before that game in New Orleans? House? You sure did. But yeah, that building, it was in a movie. It was famously in some sort of a movie. But yeah, where if you remember, did you see the segment with Brad Pitt? I mean it was just a beautiful looking plaza the inside of this thing. I don't know what is that? Die Hard? No, it wasn't that. I thought, that's not unfamiliar. But no, I go, I said, I don't know every building in New Orleans, but I don't think that that doesn't look like something that I remember being in New Orleans. And it wasn't. It was it was in LA.
Speaker 3: But it was how Brad pitt super Bowl commercial building is the first thing that pops under now on Google.
Speaker 1: So did you google anything during the game?
Speaker 3: Be honest, No, I was just hanging out. I was following my bets. Which did the coin toss on? I mean, one hundred dollars was pretty great.
Speaker 1: I googled can I bury a potato and grow? And then that googled Tom Brady's watch, and I I realized that I wasn't the only one that it was trending. Did you see the watch he was wearing? Did you even notice it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I did not. Okay, once you saw it, you couldn't take your eyes off of it. He was wearing pull it off right now. He was wearing this big hunk of yellow watch gold but it looks it looked yellow. Dude, seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars for that watch, So everyone was looking I thought for sure it was kind of like, is that the sickest watch you've ever seen? It's pretty cool. It's so crazy to have that Google right at your hands, so you can kind of look at all that stuff like.
Speaker 3: How do people argue in the back, and you just had to believe like Rod's right or I'm right. You could be like, let's find out.
Speaker 1: You'd have to just look at like what is sitting on Tom Brady. Tom Brady's wrist right now kind of watches it, I don't know, a fancy one and then all you do is Tom Brady watch. And there were ten articles on it already, so you knew that, Like I wasn't the only one that was looking that that stupid stuff up. You know a lot of people wanted to a lot of people wanted to educate themselves on you know, Drick Lamar and Drake and they wanted like, okay, what is all this beef about? You know, just trying so that maybe you would enjoy the Super Bowl halftime show a little bit more. But yeah, there was there was some googling going on during the game for me, Tom, not just the Super Bowl, and maybe I am the reason that the Philadelphia Eagles won. It's the only time I've ever rooted for the Eagles in my entire life. I can I can tell you for sure. It's like I don't even have to I don't even have to go back and think about everything that I've ever done in my life. I promise you that's the first time I was ever rooting for the Eagles. Just because I didn't want Kansas City to repeat. I really didn't so much so that I made Philly cheese steaks on Sunday for lunch.
Speaker 3: I avoided Philly cheese steaks this weekend. Somebody was offering to make those for Super Bowl parties that.
Speaker 1: You better not, dude, cheese whiz the whole thing. Forget about it. Killer. Yeah, I just see garbage like they do in Philadelphia. I think I was probably had something to do with that whin yesterday. So you can thank me if you want to see my If you want to see my Philly cheesteak sandwiches, I've got those for you on six picks today. Monster Jam was great. That's it. It's it from Oster Jam. I think we're gonna have one in October. But it was great seeing you guys down there on the floor. How did a truck do? I don't know. I heard that pieces of it came flying off. I couldn't stay for the show because I had to put on a dress and a beard. Yeah, you were telling me about that. So you had some sort of gala, gala, gala, gala. Every other one is a gala or a gala. For me, a la, it's a gala. My kid school had a gala. As a matter of fact, there were several school galas. This is elementary school and there's this gala all the private school. No, I thought it was like a public school. My kid goes to Harvard. Gala's at public schools these days. My kid goes to Harvard. It's a public school. Harvard does sound like you would have gala. It's just happens to be on Harvard Street. That still, it sounds like I can get that now. So it was a circus theme, which is cool. You know the fire eater and you know the stilt walkers. And dude, all out, all out the PTA. They're animals over there, they're animals. That PTA is like undefeated, the attention to detail. So the guys that live near me, my neighbors, and the kids that go to to to Harvard. Okay, it's my first time going and this is my kid, the PTA and all the parents. So you want to make a good impression. Want to make a good impression. I don't want to do something stupid. I don't want to get too wasted. I don't want to be that guy. There's gummies flying around. I'm like, I'm not doing gummies. Are doing gummies at galas these days? Dude, I can't wait to get into the ptude. So I'm like, I'm not doing any of that.
Speaker 6: I got to so.
Speaker 1: I go, what percentage of people dress up in the theme of the gala? It was a circus theme. The guys that have been there before for a couple of years, they're like, ninety percent of people you're gonna want to dress up. I'm like, don't mess with me. They're like, yeah, but here's what we're doing. We're going as bearded ladies like from the side show. I'm like, I'm not going to my kids function in a dress, a wig and a beard. I went to my kids function and a dress, a wig and a beard. You had to be like the stars of it though, right like everybody probably loved you. Guys. Dude, people went all out for this thing. What was like what circus? Other things are they? Like a ring leader? It was clowns acrobat. There was there were ring leaders. There were people kind of wearing like almost kind of think of like what an evil caneval outfit looks. I guess you'd be the person like thrown out of a cannon. Yeah, there was a guy with a tiger on his shoulders like Siegfried and Roy. I mean there was dude, all out people went.
Speaker 3: It was crazy, but nobody was probably as cool as the bear to ladies, the three idiots with the dresses.
Speaker 1: I can look at this fast. So that's just some of what went down over the weekend. You can go check that out on the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the buzz dot com. By six picks are up for your viewing pleasure. We'll take a short break and we'll come back. Yes, we're dumb. Two and fifty dollars living spaces gift card on the flip of this break Man, Stay there, Rock and Alternative Fair use the.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to a buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. MILF Monday, twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy, sky's highs of around seventy one, fifty chance of showers tonight. It's ay twenty one. You got an awesome gift card coming up for you, Alex. As far as trending, what we have on our website, Milk Monday is by far and away number one thing that's trending us. Yeah, so the Milk Monday is number one Looking at Girls headlined by Bill Belichick's girlfriends. Right, there's a lot of birthdays today, so that's a big chunk of the Looking at Girls' blog page and then my six picks in that order. That's what you guys are looking at on our website. People are hitting up at Kendrick Lamar link too. I mean maybe you're just trying to get answers to questions like what does this mean? What did that mean? I don't know that we have everything explained on there, but yeah, there is a Kendrick Lamar. We put up a blog page too, because I needed help with what is this? What is this beef about beef? What else is trending?
Speaker 3: Also training is hashtag Monday selfie on our Facebook hege shout out to Shell Federal Credit Union, go.
Speaker 1: Drop a selfie. You could win some cash, guys.
Speaker 3: And then also trending is the super Bowl again because people are still talking about last night gig game the nose or which trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys are looking great too. I'm I hadn't been in here in a little bit. So there's Christina, There's Mary, Jane Martinez, Michelle Hernandez, Randy Sanchez, Robert Rico Junior, Crystal Franco, David Aoranza. Guys, Thank you. You guys all look awesome. Those are just a few of the people that have dropped a selfie on our Facebook page this morning. Somebody leaves the show with a hundred bucks. Somebody leaves the show with a two hundred and fifty dollars Let me make sure I get this right. Two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces promo card. You want to sing it for me Live Spaces Now, I know you can do it better than that you're faking that you can't sing nice. It's the perfect time to elevate your home. At the Living Spaces President's Day event, you can say big on a variety of designs, don't miss incredible deals and get free shipping only at Living Spaces for two hundred and fifty dollars the gift card I'll take call her ten seven one three, two one two nine four five. So Rod Ryan's show found ninety four.
Speaker 12: Or five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four and five buzz red hot chili peppers around in the world. Good morning, brod Ryan's show on this hashtag Monday selfie. Great job, keep dropping the pictures on the on our Facebook page. What if you get to one hundred dollars? Thank you to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union has a rain coming tonight. Twenty percent chance of rain today Cloudy's guys. Highs up around seventy one, fifty percent chance of showers, loads of around sixty one tonight. I'm me go over to the phones first and then I'll tell you what I want to talk about. Good morning. Huh well, hello, who's this? This is Morgan. Morgan your color number ten? What's up? I'm gonna give you the number one. You've never won anything from us, I never of it. No, Wow, two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces gift card.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't miss incredible deals right now. You're for shipping only at Living Spaces. I'm variety of designs. I'd mean, wow, a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card. You can go do some damage over there. Morgan, congratulations, Thank you so much. Man, thank you appreciating being on the show today. Hang on, chili, we'll get you set up over there. He's a little busy. I see him contacting people. Congratulations, he won five hundred dollars. Nice. He's notifying the people that it won on the one hundred bottles of Carbach Love Street on the wall. So congratulations, well done, and everybody, congratulations on winning that money. I was on some squares. I didn't even I imagine that I would have been notified by now if I would have won something I want on a coin toss. Oh, so were you involved in the prompt bets?
Speaker 3: I was all right agree And two I think I retweeted it from our ex account. It was tails. It was tales never fails. You had to have the last two years, but it didn't this year.
Speaker 1: Here's some of the stuff that people were betting on. Heads or tails? It was tails. Was Taylor Swift show during the national anthem? She was not. Did Kendrick Lamar perform with a hat on? People were taking bets on that, Yes he did? Who were hat? Did he mention Drake? Yes? Yeah? Did he say Drake? I hear you like him?
Speaker 6: Young?
Speaker 1: Okay? Gatorade bath color yellow, Alex. You thought it was a little too soon for that gatorade bath for the coach just because of the team. You didn't think that that was a lockdown el care. People were putting down money. Would there be a tush push touchdown?
Speaker 6: There was?
Speaker 1: There was a tush push touchdown. And then for some reason, I don't know who would put money on this. Like last year, some people thought that Travis Kelsey would propose the tailor on the field after the game.
Speaker 6: He did not.
Speaker 1: Although she got a pretty healthy amount of booze when they showed her on the screen, she got a healthy amount of booze, and then her kind of looking off to the side turned into a meme that was everywhere. That little animated bear what is it from? Animated Bear? The bear like with his ice off to the side. I don't know what it's from, but it's a meme. Yeah, yeah, so that was quite the meme that was going around. I saw some other things that people were I mean, the prop bets were kind of fun. The sillier ones that those kind of play out, those are fun. I saw some photos of some concession prices at games. At the game, guys, the super Bowl, everything's expensive. So I mean, if you're going to the super Bowl, I don't know, you're not gonna get a cheap deal at the super Bowl. That's not how they work. A cocktail is gonna be sixty bucks. Yeah, it's not an Oh my god, can you believe this? I saw somebody post a fifty nine dollars cocktail and they were losing their mind.
Speaker 3: You spent I know, thousand dollars to get in at least, yes, you're gonna spend more money to be in.
Speaker 1: Average ticket price was fifty three hundred dollars something around there, like you can't cheap out and this much. It's like, would you think it was going to be inside? I saw one hundred dollars, caprice crab salad, capriza clab crabs house just like a house. Weird, like to get that at a super Bowl, But okay, in every day that's kind of crazy, But at the super Bowl, anything goes. They've got you in that, They've got you locked into that that building.
Speaker 3: Not justifying it, but it's like, you can't be shocked that everything's priced up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, sneak some snacks in your purse then you know, I mean you're gonna pay. You're going to pay right out of the gate. Hashtag rigged was trending for a little while after.
Speaker 3: A call Eagles got gouged the dude in the eye and they were like, that was a BS call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eagles in the first quarter, so people were kind of claiming that the rest were in the in the tank for Kansas City, but the Eagles. All the calls after that Eagles crushed, So that got shut down pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: It was funny that Barstool Sports kind of posted a round up of Eagles fans that couldn't spell Eagles that. I guess they're not the smartest group. I mean, the education, the health is not high, the head coach's kid got it right at least at the end of the game. The kids spelled out Eagles. But it's been a trending topic ever since the mayor of Philadelphia spelled it wrong last month. I don't remember. Those are their elected officials. Before the game, a reporter in Philadelphia was excited to announce that, for the first time ever, cops in New Orleans were greasing the polls on Bourbon Street. That's not the first time they've greased poles in New Orleans, trust me, they do that. I learned that when I moved there in the nineties. They talked about greasing some of the polls that go up on the balconies so that people don't climb them. So they didn't just do that for Philly fans. But yeah, I guess they were saying that they didn want Philly fans climbing the street lights.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, full roundup on all of this stuff. No one, And it wasn't bad. It just wasn't exceptionable. Is anyone talking about the national anthem?
Speaker 3: It went half a second under where like it was I think it was one twenty and a half and they finished it right at one twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jump at the under on that jump's saying it okay. So you're talking about from a from a prop bet standpoint, I'm talking about his piano rendition, was it.
Speaker 3: I did not pay attention to that part. I paid attention at the time. I thought he did a great job.
Speaker 1: I thought it was okay. I just thought it was okay.
Speaker 3: That is another reason why you don't understand the half numbers, because if it was one twenty one, then one twenty and a half would have been over.
Speaker 1: I understand how I half a second works. I just don't understand how half a point works the same way. Just you can't tie. Don't talk to me about your dumb things, Matt. I shouldn't be educating anyone on Matt. It was one second away from making some degenerates a lot of money. Maybe money though, but if you bet the under, you're good, right. I had coin toss and that I was I had, I didn't I was good the rest of the night. You won on the national anthem national anthem under.
Speaker 3: And then I had coin toss tails and then hit a couple other ones, but I had like, I wasn't losing money.
Speaker 1: Those are my two big bets, some degenerate. It's made a lot of money. Good not a lot of money. I made some. I'm happy for you. Rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five buzz, Thank you Radio Wizard. I was asking him. I said, Man, I really like this new Offspring. It didn't I mean O Spring put out a new album. They're eleventh album. They put it out in October, and I had been hearing that on my way into work because I'm listening to my favorite radio station. And I told him, I'm like, dude, this new Offspring is really really good. It's really catching. Dexter wrote everything on this album. Bob Rock is producing. He's produced the last couple of albums. If you don't know who Bob Rock is, he did the Metallica Black album. That's all you need to know. He's a producer of that. Bob Rock has done everything like he is the guy. But I really think it's awesome. I really knew man eleven studio albums. Now for Offspring it's called okay. But this is the last time. Stuff really good stuff. We got some rain coming tonight today, fifty chance of showers later tonight. It's gonna cool off this week. A little bit. It's a big week for us because Valentine's Day is on Friday. So there's a couple of things. I got to come at you from. Hey, here's your friendly neighborhood DJ, reminding you fellas that Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: Not all.
Speaker 1: A lot of chicks are into it. A lot of chicks are into that. They want something. They want you to get them something. So if you are somebody that orders online, you gotta order that stuff online, get it delivered. You gotta get it here in time. If you have to mail out a card, you got to do that. I gotta get I got a flower order that I got to get put in, so I gotta do some of that this week. You gotta time this stuff out today. Don't be a cement head. Well I was thinking of maybe taking a nap today. You can do that and then taking that. You can do it all from your phone bright then I do it all Yeah, you can do it all right, all right.
Speaker 3: I know it's day after the super Bowl and you're a little sluggish and you're dragging and it's apparently the worst day ever, but.
Speaker 1: Not that all right, So I'm coming at you from saying, hey, and then I'm always coming at you from steaking BJ days a month later. True after Valentine's Day. Yeah, to do well for yourself. Yeah yeah, yeah. If you want to celebrate staking BJ Day, you're gonna have to do something on Valentine's Day. No hand adds, fellas, but you're all invited to Cactus Cove. ChIL Is got a lot of work behind the scenes for that guy. He's tracking down people, telling them how much money they won being in the squares for the big game thanks to our friends over at car Back. And then he's trying to track down these twenty eligible bachelors make sure that they get all lined up and ready to go for Friday. You're gonna be out with the fellas on West Timer and we're gonna have the mile of meatback. Girls. I'm gonna ladies, I'm gonna ask you to drive by Friday morning and go scope out the dudes, and then you're all invited. That means everybody, whether you're paired up, whether you've been married for twenty five years, I don't care. Everybody's invited to Cactus Cove on Friday night. That's where the meeting will happen and the guys that were on the roadside and the girls that wanted to hook up with them hook up meeting just to meet them, go on a blind date. Hey, you can do whatever you want. You do whatever you hey whatever, She cuts her a meet. Yeah, it's on you. I'm on you. After that, I signed the way for your gat to go. But that's gonna be a big, big, big thing that we're working on for this Friday. So we hope you all come out and join us, US Rock and Altearn very soon.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Morning Show from six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show eight fifty one. Cloudy skies today, twenty percent chance of rain, high of around seventy one, got a fifty percent chance of some showers later cooling off this week. Yeah, tomorrow, hive seventy one, Wednesday, seventeen, Thursday, the high fifty two sixty one is you're high on Friday, Ballan, We're getting you ready for Valentine's Day. Of course, we got the mile of meat during the day or in the morning. Teresa said she's still coming in. Yeah, she hasn't backed out yet. That's good, she said, Yeah, Teresa, you heard me correctly. Teresa is going to come in and do the morning show with us. Alex is gonna be out there on the roadside with the boys are cutlets of meat. She's gonna come in and help me here in the studio, Chili and I and then and then we're all gonna be out. I invited her. I said, you can come on Friday night. I'm sure she's going out with Adam. It's Friday night. You want to go out to the husband for Valentine's Day. But I said, if you want to come Friday night Cactus Cove, for sure, come by. But yeah, we're setting We're set up for a big, big party at Cactus Cove on Friday night. Everybody's invited. That's the biggest question I get. Dude, I'm not in the mile of meat. Can I still come and see everything? Yes, yes, you can come to Cactus Cold. We'll get rolling at around six o'clock over there. All right, ale it's one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Well, no, the team is everyone three straight super Bowl. That trend continued last night. The Eagles beat the Chiefs forty to twenty two, and Super Bowl fifty nine. Chiefs didn't really do anything until the fourth quarter. Eagles even did the gatorade shower when there were still three minutes left to go in the game. New York federal judge granted a temporary restraining order to nineteen states suing the Department of Government Efficiency on Saturday morning. The states want to block Elon Musk's department from accessing taxpayer records as he examines the Treasury and other federal departments looking for fraud and waste. The group specifically mentions DOGE gaining access to social Security numbers and bank account information of millions of Americans as their main concern. New York Attorney General Letitia James ordered that Musk and his DOZE employees destroy all of the records that they have obtained so far.
Speaker 1: Bro, the penny might be going away? Do you see that? Is it? Like I felt like that was a rumor. Is still happening. It says, Trump says, no more minting wasteful pennies. So Trump has said something to the Treasury. I don't know if you can just do this on his own, but he's like, listen, this is wasting our nation's budget. So you got Elon Musk doing his thing. But Trump we talked about the penny we talked about how much it costs more than a penny to make each penny. They don't have them. I mean, Canada is so small it's hard to compare us, but they don't have pennies. Well, cana is gonna be ours eventually. So do you think so? You think you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, there might be some news on the penny this week. Okay, that might be going away. Do you need the nickel? Don't start with all that we're doing.
Speaker 3: Traffic around the country may be a little lighter today because of people skipping work after the super Bowl, and apparently that's a good thing for your waistline. According to a study, heavy traffic makes people gain weight, and it all comes down to meal choices. Researchers looked at three years worth of traffic and GPS data and found that heavy traffic made people more likely to eat fast food, especially for dinner. They think that because you were less likely to want to cook after you've stuck in traffic, you just you fed up with it. Hey, I'm not even gonna I'm not even gonna cook down or now I waste an hour my time. Now I'm just gonna I'm gonna order in I thought I didn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't putting together like all the things that are associated with being stuck in traffic, Like, okay, I'm in traffic. I don't feel like cooking. When I get home home Now five thirty instead of six thirty. You got time.
Speaker 3: You're like, okay, i'll do this. If you're home at six thirty, you're fed up. Then you sat there right for an hour, so you're like, all right, we'll order pizza. I'll pick up fast food on the way home.
Speaker 1: We can do this. I thought this was gonna be one of those sitting is the new smoking. I never see that. Oh yeah, And I thought maybe you're just in your car. That's more sitting time, which is again not good for you. You're sitting on your ass unless you're listening to us. And it's good. It is good for you. It's great, scientifically proven. Listen, you know that we secretly want you guys to spend a little bit more time with us. I don't wish heavy traffic upon you, guys, I don't, but I do want you to spend as much time as possible with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're ever like late to work and it's because of us, just ask one of us, just like ride at the buzz, Alex at the bus, Chile at the buzz. We'll send you an email like a doctor's note. I think that should work for your box, Like, hey, no they were there were thats it's cool. We can always get you out of situations like that.
Speaker 1: But it's an excuse lateness. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So people were also less likely to swing by the grocery store after sitting in traffick again, like so it pretty much goes back to just I've wasted.
Speaker 1: My time already.
Speaker 3: I would rather just be at home with my people, watching whatever I'm doing, taking care of my kids or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But that makes it swinging by the grocery store to do this stuff. That makes sense because you like to think I'm thinking of it like HGB. When you walk in, all the ready made stuff is right there, right there, so you can grab and go. So if you did want to grab that, and then those those lanes where you just scan your own crap, boom, can you get in and out that quote? You can get it get it out.
Speaker 3: Really realistically you could Yeah, okay, yeah, if you sit in traffic maybe where we're in, well, just know that It's not good for you. During Kendrick Lamar's halftime show last night, he did perform his Drake dis track not Like Us. He also said quote say Drake, I hear you like I'm young, and had Drake's ex Serena Williams in the show as well.
Speaker 1: She was cripwalking. I learned this morning.
Speaker 3: He didn't say the word pedophile in the song that many people in the stadium did.
Speaker 1: Kendrick Lamar was also introduced by Samuel L.
Speaker 3: Jackson, who was dressed like Uncle Sam and also provided narration between the songs and the like. The reviews of the halftime show are varying depending on who you're hearing them from, but you can go see all this stuff on the world Famous World Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: This morning, you liked it, I did like it.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was like the greatest thing in the world, but I was entertained for thirty minutes that I think that's all you can really ask for a halftime show.
Speaker 1: I didn't leave being like that sucked. Yeah, I just visually I thought it was flat.
Speaker 3: Apparently the thing he was on was supposed to be like some reference to squid.
Speaker 1: Game and then a prison yard. It looked like a squid game, and I didn't want to say that out loud. It looked like a prison yard. That was I read that the last break. That was some of some of the homages he was going back to. I was gonna get canceled if I said that.
Speaker 3: I'm saying I didn't say that that was it. I'm saying that Kendrick is saying that.
Speaker 1: That was what it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, Flogging Molly is canceled their twenty twenty five tour dates because of singer Dave King's serious health condition. The band broke the news on social media, asking for privacy while King, his wife, and bandmates deal with the situation. They did not reveal any of the details about his situation, but they did thank fans for their love and support, and since the Anasthma, fans and fellow musicians have fled at the band with messages of encouragement and hope, and we are obviously sending encouragement and hope their way as well.
Speaker 1: Dave King, Dave King, Yeah.
Speaker 3: This guy stop in front of me, carrapper Eyes.
Speaker 1: He was in a rock band years ago called fast Way with the guitar player from Motorhead Fast Eddie Clark.
Speaker 3: He was the singer of a rock band, long hair rock band. Yes, and then it was like I want to be Irish yep, and he always was Irish.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I want to go into that. He was in this pretty successful rock band and then he pivoted and went to and he's done flogging Molly way longer than any you know, anything else that he's ever done.
Speaker 3: But he's the king of Saint Patrick's sandow him and the drop kick Murphy pretty much. Yeah, those cocaines. Yeah, but those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if everybody knew that he was the lead singer A fast way. I say, no fast thing. Say what you will, look it up. It's good sun huh.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: What you got over there? In sports?
Speaker 3: You just brushed through the Super Bowl? Are I talked about it? The Eagles be the Chiefs, Jalen Hurts was MVP, and it's their second Super Bowl, which ironically is still the least amount of Super Bowls in the NFC. If you're looking at that, Oh okay, basketball news, that's the real important stuff FROMSJA. Rockets gotta win. They beat the Raptors ninety forty eighty seven. The win ended it would had been a six game losing streak. They're gonna turn things around now. They've got a couple of days off before they play the Suns on Wednesday night at home. And that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety.
Speaker 1: Part five five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park, somewhere I belong and we are in the fourth and final hour to get It's nine oh five Claudi's Guy's expected twenty percent chance of rain, high of seventy one, fifty percent chance of showers tonight. Alex said mentioned to me that we can get out here a little early today, Pali, did you mention no one's gonna be here. Yeah, it's a little light right now. Dealing with the whole like somebody had asked me, like, hey, dude, why didn't you do a poll question? You know, shouldn't the day after the super Bowl be a holiday? We've done it before. It's overwhelming that people think that we should be off on this day. But is it gonna happen. I don't know unless they add another game to the NFL season and then they link it up. They link up the super Bowl with President's Day. They're never gonna just declare a holiday, yeah, the day after the super Bowl. It's just not gonna happen. So I was thinking of taking maybe a little nappy nap today. Do it, dude, I'm just gonna channel my inner chili.
Speaker 3: You know, I've been getting away of the couple now because like when my daughter goes down for a nap, sometimes she doesn't want to an app and they create be like.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to like be here with her.
Speaker 3: I get heard Dan and I also slept for thirty minutes too, but that's because I had to make sure she slept.
Speaker 1: A nap with the kid makes makes it seem like me being lazy. Yeah, helping your kid out. Absolutely. If you need to catch up on some sleep today, a good long nap might be just what you need. I just don't. I don't wake after a nap feeling refreshed. I don't. I feel worse. I feel like I'm in a funk. I feel like my body once I lay down, I gotta get that six hours. That's what I average about six hours when I sleep. There's a rookie number too. If I lay down. I'm so jealous of those of you that get to lay down and sleep for twenty minutes, you know, like, oh, a good power nap, and I'm feeling like a champ. I don't. I don't. I feel miserable. I feel like my body goes into that mode where it's like, Okay, if you're gonna lay down, you gotta be here for six hours. I get up and I'm gonna funk the rest of the evening. I just I'm not refreshed by a nap. I don't feel like I am. I feel like the shorter nap is the better I feel you. He says. Here Number one thing, here's the thing. If you're going to be taking a nap today. Sleep doctors top four traits of the perfect nap. Number one, Just like Alex said, Alex, my sleep doctor, keep it short. Twenty to thirty minutes is ideal. Everyone's different, but it's like forty minutes, but any longer than that can keep you up at night. The best time to take a nap is between one and three today, twenty to thirty minutes. Now get comfortable. I was told, don't lay in your bed because that is your body's like you're in bed. Let's do it, let's go. Yeah, let's do this for six hours. So some experts say that couches are better. Maybe in some sort of a lazy boy situation. I don't know, sleeping bag on the floor. Perhaps your bed might encourage you to nap too long, don't It says, don't fall asleep in a chair. It should be a short nap, but a good one. I don't know about any of this. Get the lighting in, the temperature just right, the ideal temperature sixty to sixty seven degrees.
Speaker 2: That's cold sixty.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's say I kill you in I'm not running my ac at sixty for a nap. A millionaire. They say you don't need a pitch black room, but a dim light. Dim lighting is good. And then it says, just got to be careful with the coffee. I know some people that drink a cup of coffee and then go right to bed. I don't know. I mean anything past three o'clock. I'm in trouble. It says you may not be able to nap if you drink it too late in the morning. Experts say drinking it right before a nap can be good. Caffeine takes about thirty minutes to metabolize, so if you chug some coffee immediately fall asleep, you might wake up. You might be able to hedge it. You know, you drink that coffee boom, lay down. By the time you wake up, coffee's kicking in. Yeah, what does chili don't He doesn't need any of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Christina just comes and gets somewhere and it's time to dinner, and he's just like, okay, cool. But he's in bed right, Yes, she brings in breakfast or dinner in bed, Chili.
Speaker 1: When you're napping, you go back. Hey, you go back to your bed right? No? Oh wait a minute, here he is right here. Sorry, Hi buddy. Hey, yeah, man, if you're gonna do it, you gotta do it right. Yeah. Why am I half ass?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 1: Why am I trying to get information out of doctors when I have the experts, when I have the sleep doctor on the show?
Speaker 11: I mean, dude, look, you take the nap whenever you feel like taking the nap.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't care about that. Between one and three. That's not a big deal for you. Your listen to your body, your temple. Are you drinking coffee in the morning. Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 11: I haven't even finished the coffee that I got today because I'm still kind of fool from yesterday's brisket.
Speaker 3: But yeah, wait a minute, she didn't bring any brisket in fresh Wait a minute, it wasn't mine to take.
Speaker 1: Oh your neighbor cooking. Yeah, my neighbor Tony made brisket.
Speaker 11: He's He dragged me out of the house to go down the street and get you know, watch the super Bowl party and stuff, because I was already in bed watching it.
Speaker 1: What was your Saturday night like after Monster Jam?
Speaker 11: Oh, dude, I went home and passed out, took her nap.
Speaker 1: I listened to my body. I saw him walking out of Monster Jam. Yeah, because I snuck out of the right away too, because I had to go to the gala. You had to go dressed in a dress. I had to go put a dress in a beard. U. Yeah, long story, but all six picks they're there. I snuck up on Chili as he's walking to the car and he was walking slow. Yeah, dude, I'm like, bro, you look like an old man walking to your truck right now? Are you okay? He's like, yeah, I'm tired. My legs are given out.
Speaker 11: I had a rough Friday night, okay, man, For some reason, I felt like I was working out all of ten hours on Friday.
Speaker 1: Buddy. If I could have picked you up and put you on my back and taking it to your truck, I would have. I just knew that that would have been That would not have been good for my Both have been down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I saw the energy employees and their little golf carts. I almost asked for a ride, but I was like, be a man, tough it out, Chili. I'll just say this and if you I'll close the way I got him here. If you look at our instagram, all right.
Speaker 1: I took a screen cap of a video of us jumping, trying to mix it up a little bit, trying to put an interesting picture on Instagram, trying to get more eyes on and trying to get people to look at it. I took a screen grab from us jumping. That is your peak? Ups, what the peak?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: I didn't It didn't matter what Alex looked like. It didn't matter what I look like. I just I slowed down that video and I just got to you were maximized, like that was the maximum height you were off the ground that I stopped at. So I had you and mine and you and mind only when I get when I grabbed that picture for Instagram of us getting ready down there in the pit party on Saturday, I.
Speaker 11: Mean that's what three hundred pounds of pure section?
Speaker 6: You know that was?
Speaker 1: That was you were at your peak jump right there. I mean someone at the Rockets are already calling you know.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm just saying I'm not trying to name draw up or anything like movie like Guatemalans can't jump. Oh, they didn't see my Guatemalans. Yeah, this guy, this one is the Oh this guy gets off the ground. Hit us up on Instagram. At rod Ryan's Show and right now another week of Alternative Income.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome back. Let's see here popa Roach rise against. I've got some tickets coming up for you and not to them know the show, but I just want you to know that there's something big coming up. The Rise of the Roach Tour twenty twenty five. With special Guests under Oath March twentieth at the Toyota Center. So we'll leave you with tickets to that. But right now, I got my man Alex Online Kid's Alex Online ninety four five the muzz. I'm assuming you're just running like a giant, like a Eagles highlight reel of all the great plays, that you're not doing that. Oh okay, I would, I guess. I don't know you very well. I thought maybe that's what you would do today. What are you doing today? Today's well is called what Century?
Speaker 3: And you were going to see how well you remember history or no history, or can guess history, because you're going to be given a specific event mystery and have to guess which century it was from. So when did Columbus discover America? Oh, thirteenth, fifteenth, seventeenth or eighteenth? Oh geez, this is a very easy one for me because I remember sailed the Ocean Blue fourteen ninety two. Because you have one century back because zero doesn't count. Zero to one hundred was one, so it'd be fifteenth century.
Speaker 1: Hailed it? Oh, he hailed it? Look at me, I got it right?
Speaker 3: Was Shakespeare born seventh twelfth thirteenth or sixteenth.
Speaker 1: I don't have a poem about that. Sixteenth sixteenth? Very good, very good? All right?
Speaker 3: Last one, when did the One Hundred Years War begin?
Speaker 1: Third?
Speaker 3: Twelfth, fourteenth or eighteenth century?
Speaker 1: Eighteenth? Dude? Come on, oh you even know your centuries? Bro Go check it out.
Speaker 3: See if you can know your centuries at the world famous Rid Ryan showpage the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: So is it because in the when we were doing nineteen oh whatever, nineteen eighty was the twentieth century? Twentieth century? Fox? Remember? Yes, so it was in the nineteen So the century is always a number up from the year that it happened. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna go play long. I like this one. The Run Ryan Show ninety four or five. I'm pooped. What the buzz ninety four or five? The Buzz Giovanni and the Hired Guns. Well, thanks so much for spending a little time with us this morning. I get it. You know, if you were up late and you were partying and super bowling and doing all of that stuff, I get it. Alex just said, you gotta dust off, You gotta dust off, you gotta just go into work, and you gotta power throw it, which is exactly what's happening here. Twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, I have seventy one. I put these guys on the top of the three things you must see. I think by now you've all heard of the Never Missed a super Bowl Club. I like it. I think it's cool these old dudes. There's three guys left, even though one of them just kind of joined a couple of years back. But there's three members now in the Never Missed a super Bowl Club, aged eighty eight, eighty five, and eighty two. They made it to yesterday's game. They've gone to every single super Bowl since the first one in nineteen sixty seven. You see these guys before. Yeah, it's pretty cool. It is pretty cool that the guys can have this kind of tradition.
Speaker 3: I mean, I remember they used to be a Visa or MasterCard ad and there was like five of them everywhere the NFL goes, and these.
Speaker 1: Guys were so the eighty five year old joined the group in twenty seventeen, but he has been every single Super Bowl. But those guys that eighty two and the eighty eight year old, they've been in this thing since day one and they've just gone to every super Bowl obviously rich right, Yeah, it's a rich has to be. That's a rich man's game for sure. All right, so they're headlining three things you must see today. Listen, what show are we It's The Rod Ryan Show? Still right, Yes, So it's National Poop Day. There you go. So if you're only going for that sort of thing once a year, today's your day. All right, National Poop Day? And congratulations everybody you made it. Did you think that was not going to get mentioned today? Did not come on? I think that would go by I mentioned I didn't see it though. Valentine's Day Friday. I got a I got an idea for you. I saw the CN end of the story on this on this and uh it's it's got a link up on links and guests today. A hot air balloon company will allow you to do your thing in the basket so you can join the mile high Club.
Speaker 3: Aren'tually like kind of close to the operator in the hot air below? Yeah, he's right there right in the middle. Yea, he's yeah, never been one. I don't really have any interest in going in one, but like, the baskets don't seem.
Speaker 6: That big.
Speaker 1: Magical adventure balloon rides just outside of the Los Angeles. You it's called the mile high Flight. Let's see what this is all about here, the mile high flight, because they know that's what you're doing. Yeah, so number one, you just turn around. You're not doing something that you're not supposed to be doing in that basket. So obviously there is a pilot with you, but don't worry, he's behind a screen with ear muffs. Oh okay, to give you some privacy. Now, Hunter balloons normally stop it around three thousand feet. Their mile high trip will go to five two hundred and eighty feet, so that you can be one mile up and then just knocking it out in the basket of the balloon. It's a very specific bucket list. You would have to have to want to do that. You're wondering, what if I can't, you know, get going, and what if I'm The whole flight is three hours long, so two passengers. It starts at one four hundred dollars. I mean, listen, I don't judge. Maybe you're from Kingwood. You can bring a third person up there with you for an extra one sixty. You can bring a fourth for added Yeah, it's one sixty for extra person. You can take up to four people. Imagine having a full on flip and flop with four of you run flopping around the mask. It flips, then you're flopping. The basket fits ten people. Now that's if you're standing now, is that including the screen? I guess one of them would be the guy that's controlling the balloon behind me. They say, is there multiple people going up? Like, hey, yeah, you and your girl can go, But then also we have a like so and so and his.
Speaker 3: Girl are also you're gonna go and you're gonna have to share a basket.
Speaker 1: No, it's just you and who you want in there.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: So for fourteen hundred dollars three hours, you can go out there and bang it out a mile high mile high clubs.
Speaker 3: No one's going to really give you credit if you tell it was in a hot air balloon, like there wasn't on a plane.
Speaker 1: I thought they would be booked. I looked there's still a spot, Like there's still a spot six am Valentine's Day, like six am Friday morning, there's.
Speaker 6: A spot of it.
Speaker 1: I looked it up because there's a I have a link up in case you wanted to like do this sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan Show's on at that time. Yeah, I was gonna be going up there doing that.
Speaker 1: Then well then they're in California. Well they probably listened. I might not be listening to us.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a somebody will send me a link today. There's there's a plane in Vegas that will do this as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like it's more legit when it's on a plane. Like that's the whole point in my high club. Isn't it like you got laid on a plane, not on a balloon. I'm not saying it's not cool. I think I've never done it, but like I feel like it's it's like half assinate.
Speaker 1: Can I bring my own bedding? Can I bring my own stuff on the plane? Like, I don't trust them that they're cleaning everything the way that they should be. Yeah, they have to charge you for that event. I'd like to bring my own everything if I was gonna do it. I don't know. Cot No, he's just laying down in a basket. I just need the stuff. No, I'm talking about the plane ride. There's a plane ride. There's a place in Vegas that does this. I feel a little bit more privacy. Although I know there's a camera in there somewhere. He's got to be I know that. I know that they're filming me. I know that they're filming the people. I'm sure they swear up and down that they're not. You know, there's a camera back there somewhere somewhere, right. I don't believe, but I do believe. It's kind of a limousine. You know, you got the partition, you got that glass, and they can see behind that glass. I feel a little bit more privacy is involved with the plane than on the balloon. Yeah, and headphones. Really, guy's got noise canceling. What is he playing? Master Don What do you feel like? Hey, the balloon's got a hole in it? I mean, like something happens then he doesn't here. I put up a link. Listen. All I need you to worry about is joining us at Cactus Cove on Friday. This is nonsense. If you do want to do it, I do have a link up. But you're all invited Valentine's Day to join us at Cactus Cove in the evening for the Mile of Meat party.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: Three days.
Speaker 1: Gray said, never too late. Thank you so much for checking us out. I appreciate all the love on links and guests. Today it's a little down, it's a little slower today. That's okay. People moving a little slower. Milf Monday number one link looking at girls number two Jordan Hudson, Bill Belichick's okay. I still did not know her name, girlfriend Jordan. Yeah, she's had linings, she's looked looking great. She had a great weekend. Bill's got her all over the place, including included in the Duncan d Yeah, the Duncan money from the super Bowl commercial. Yeah, of course she got paid for that. My six picks from the weekend, Kendrick Lamar, Fanny Friday and people still taking a look at that stuff. And then the commercial blog page. We got all the commercials for you. I wonder how John Hamm. I don't think he's talking much today. They were the super fans, like so the teams were introduced by their super fans. So Bradley Cooper introduced the Eagles and John Hamm called out the Chiefs, and I only recognized it because I've done it before introing a band. You put everything into it and you're like give it up for that and your voice cracks and then that's it. That's like one of your vocal cords is just shutting off. I don't think John Ham's talking to that. Probably not. I don't think. I mean Bradley Cooper. I don't know. He probably partied afterwards. His kid do it too, So yeah, yeah, his kid helping him out. You're right, John Hamer, John Ham blew out his vocal courts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the team and the Chiefs went out and did that for him. He gave it his all, all right, Alex.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl coverage has been very forced today. Yes, hereat I'm not happy with hat and does it go. I think it was an old stereotype that the French, meaning French people, the French weren't the cleanest. I think that was the thingtype recent surveys have found that they have better hygiene than most of Europe, so I think they've kind of like shaken that in general, although France is now like they've got something like that's kind of like their EPA, their Ecological Transition Agency. What is this They're they're giving advice about they're trying to conserve water, and now they're coming up with how many times you should wear things before you wash them. Many times you wear a shirt before you wash it? One one.
Speaker 3: I have some like shirts to like if I shower after a workout or whatever, and then I'm just hanging out at the house and I'm not going anywhere, Like I'll just throw those back in a drawer. But like those are only like house shirts. Same these, same these.
Speaker 1: It was like this shirt, I'm washing it after I wear it. Today France is telling its people to wear their shirts five times, bras seven times between waters. Girls are weird about the bras. I don't either, But every now and then a chickill come on and she'll start talking about how many bras they have. If I ask, they'll answer, how many bras you have? And how many times do you wear that bra before you wash it?
Speaker 3: It seems like it's a underwear, and it's like, right there, it's not treated as underwear.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: It is, but for some reason bras get washed or bras don't get washed every time they get worn. Like do you wear undershirts?
Speaker 3: If you wear an undershirt, wouldn't you wash it out there everywhere every time.
Speaker 1: Dude, you'd be amazed at the brath situation. I think Dinah was, like she would go weeks sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, So France wants you to wear bras seven times between washes, workout clothes three times. That's don't workout. There's no way you can do that more than once. Pajamas for a week, that's define.
Speaker 3: I mean if you sleep in it and just you showered before you go to bed, and that's like you shower, you put on your pjs, then you get in bed. I know you sweat a little bit. They're like, Okay, someone else is really around you.
Speaker 1: I I had London this weekend. She's her mind's blows. She's like, what do you mean I wore those pajamas last night? Dad? Like, are you kidding me? Right now? The amount of clothes that that kid goes through in a weekend, it's insane. She thinks it's crazy that I'm having her wear the same pajamas two nights in a row, like I wanted to bed last night. I'm like, yeah, you're wearing it again. I'm not washing all these things, right. They say a month jeans for a month. People don't wash their jeans either. It's weird.
Speaker 3: I don't wash jeans as much as I should, probably because that I don't know. Jeans feel different when you've worn them for a little while, and then when you wash them, they get all like starched up again. If he spills something on it, yeah, you wash it. Other than that, like you ride with these bad boys until you know they get two looks.
Speaker 1: I love jeans out of the washer. I throw them in the dryer a lot, but that doesn't wash them. Washer and dryer and then putting those jeans on and they're like, I want my clothes to be wore out. Yeah, I want like they're saying, like it saves your clothing. I want my clothes to be wore out. I want them to be loose, comfortable, worn in vintage. Yeah, buy my own hands. All right.
Speaker 3: If you're going what about hoodies, what about hoodies? I've always wanted that with hoodies because hoodies are like an over shirt.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: It's like we're watching it like washing a jacket.
Speaker 3: I'm not sweating in a hoodie, right, Like, so I can wear a hoodie a couple of times, but then I feel weird if like I would not wear a hoodie to work two days in a row. I would not wear the same one because then you might be like, Alex, you're gross.
Speaker 1: Did you not wash that?
Speaker 3: But like, in reality, I'll wear it two weeks later and I didn't wash it ever it is dirty, Yeah, I wash it, but just wearing it to work one day, like, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: I ain't doing that. I can wear a hoodie about five times, that's fair easily. Yeah. And so if it starts to smell, yeah, you wash.
Speaker 10: It, but.
Speaker 1: Don't you guys like the smell of like fresh clothes. Yeah, I know. Well, I do laundry almost every day. I get that, have to, but it's not my laundry. The beads to use, the beads like the smelly beads. I use sheet driver sheet for sure. All right, it's enough laundry talk. What do we hot here? Uh, tickets to see Papa Roach Rise against Rise of the Roach Tour twenty twenty five with special guests under oath, March twentieth. It's a Toyota Center. All right, we're gonna give you a pair of tickets. We don't need to talk to him about laundry. He's never I'm pointing to Chili. Yeah, there's no sense in bringing him into this. He's never touched. He doesn't even know. He's got a laundry room in his house.
Speaker 10: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show, nine fifty. All right, let's go.
Speaker 10: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 1: Up for grabs right now. It's a pair of tickets to go see Papa Roach and Rise Against the Rise of the Roach Tour twenty twenty five, March twentieth, Toyota Center. Tickets around sale now at Toyota Center dot com, alex where you now are in charge of the question for no show? What do you go? What did rod wear to a gala or a gala come this weekend? Okay? Was it my idea? I didn't say it was. I just ad asked with a question. All right, seven. If you know the show, we are easy to find any place you are. Tell your smart device to blame. Ninety four five The Buzz on iHeartRadio. All right, here we go ninety four to five The Buzz It's the verb and bittersweet symphony. Rod Ryan's show a milk Monday. Old Chilie's got to be wrapping up to our friends over at show Federal Credit Union, who've done a hashtag Monday selfie All morning long, chance to win one hundred bucks on our Facebook page. I'm sure Chili is scrambling for a winner. Now let's wrap this up with ournther show segments. He's now time for know this show on ninety four five the buzz La la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning. Hey, what's our brother?
Speaker 3: Rod?
Speaker 12: Is this?
Speaker 3: And there's Tony?
Speaker 1: Hey Tony, welcome to the show. How are you today? Doing great things? Did you watch the Super Bowl last night? I did watch the whole thing to the very end.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 1: What do you think of the halftime show? Kendrick Lamarm? It was all right, It's all right, okay, let's see if we can get you some tickets here? What's your question? All right?
Speaker 3: What did Rod wear to a gala this weekend?
Speaker 1: A dress and a beard? Yes he did.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: There's a theme. There's this following the theme, we could have gone as any number of things. There's a lot of things that could be under the big top, under the circus umbrella fireblow.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a circus themeaneous and we went as bearded ladies circus side. I guess I don't know. Tony, you're the winner. Congratulations, Thank you, brother Papa Roach Rise Against Rise of the Roach to twenty twenty five, March twentieth, the Toyota Center. You are in, dude, Thank you man, Thanks for listening. Tony, have a great day, all right, Thank you too, all. Ryan, No, I didn't look like a lady. I looked like a dude. Well, I'd looked like a dude trying to look like are you probably talk of the party, not either gay. Hey, Chillie, did we get a winner of show? Federal credit? Und you got a hundred bucks to give to somebody? Yeah, William Craptree, you all right, William, great job. Thank you to everybody that dropped photographs on our Facebook page hashtag Monday selfie. It's always fun. Appreciate the involvement with you guys. Now, fresh out of bed, head to head Hammer and Hank he won again today, so that was win number two for him. Had a fresh fish well hammerd Hank got caught speeding, I think, but fresh fish was in there this morning. It's great question Mundo did. Yeah, but that was all he sent me. I need more questions for tomorrow. Somebody sent me questions for fresh out of head head to head. I'll use them, trust me, I'll use them. It was suggesting to me because I know you know this. The Daytona five hundred is this weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh good forget okay, I'm so stoked about it. There was one year Junior gets in this year.
Speaker 1: There was one year that Alex came in here and on Monday he did all of his sports and some guy called nine o'clock hour said, why is this guy not covering the Daytona five hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've never forgot it since then. You guys know how big of a car guy am Bible five hundred?
Speaker 6: This week?
Speaker 1: I think we got it. I think before we get too busy, we might want to do it tomorrow. Yeah, we might play the Bible five some single people. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they don't have to be single.
Speaker 3: They come out and see some of our meat cutlets on Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, So it says thank you to people that showed up to work today and didn't bitch about it. Yeah, that's Alex. This is from Alex. Now, this is the sheet he gave me. Here's the wrap up. Thanks for not being a little bitch. Okay, thanks to the Texas Hammer. Sheiate mister Adler helping us out every Monday with the Texas Hammer game. It was who sent in your handwriting? You know I can't read it? It's not great.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Who submitted today's milk Monday? Kevin did? That's Kevin. It looks just like Kevin.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 1: No, I I wrote that perfectly, all right. And anyone that left a see the selfie selfie, oh okay, hsh hig Monday selfhie? Or if you left a seather on our Facebook page.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see there, leave your favorite see the song on our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, hashtag Monday seas. Let just type them out from now and okay, all right, so maybe five five hundred tomorrow. But yeah, I've been hit up by three people already. It's like, dude, how do I get on your float? Float? For Martin Brad Galveston February twenty second, I'm coming down there. I got VIP viewing for Brett Michael's performance, balcony passes, drink tickets. I'm giving that away all week all right, all week long. So tomorrow, probably at eight twenty, we're giving that away, and it's probably gonna be the Way or the Bible five hundred. I think I want to party with the winner of the Bible five hundred, so we'll probably Okay, let's make eight o'clock hour vibrators out to get down to Marty Greg Galveston. I'm saying it. That means we're doing it tomorrow. Okay, have an awesome Monday. Thank you guys for joining us a m after Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.