Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI A six on demand. James, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, How can I help you?
Speaker 1: James?
Speaker 3: We in reference to a close friend that you would tell them if they had something in their teeth. It made me think of I have a close friend. In fact, she's my wife, and whenever I bring something up that you know she's doing that it's not acceptable in God's sight, like using God's name in vain. She gets defensive or excuse my French, that kind of stuff, and I just don't know how to handle it. It just makes me not want to even it shuts down our communication, is what it does.
Speaker 1: Well, if you know that that deep down that she do you feel that she's a good person and this is just one of those things that she's working through, or do you feel that she you know that maybe coming from you, she might be rejecting it, but she hears it, so on the outside she's rejecting it, but really it's something she's working on and wants to be left alone about it because there could be a difference. It's like if you know someone's telling you to take out the trash, take out the trash, take out the trash. It's human nature to not want to take out the trash until you know no one's around. You laugh because you're a man and you've done that. So it's like there's just there's that kind of you. There's two ways of doing that. It doesn't mean that she's not hearing it or that she doesn't agree with you. It just means maybe the way it's being presented to her might put her off, because do you really think that she wants to offend God?
Speaker 3: No, I really don't think she wants to turn guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, then it's something that she's probably working on and is aware of at this point, and so maybe it's something that you guys can slowly work on by way of You know, I love you, but every time I hear it makes me cringe. And I know that you that you love God and that you're not trying to offend God, and that's not my concern. I know you're not trying to do that, but it starts to offend me and then I hear it because I work it hard. I work hard not to say those things. So may I ask for you not to do it in front of me?
Speaker 4: Only?
Speaker 1: That's all I ask and that way it becomes different. You know, it's very hard to take correction, even the best correction is hard to take. And maybe she might come around and say eventually, you know, thank you, thank you for that. I just it's hard for me and I get embarrassed and when you point it out then it makes me feel less then and then I have all these insecurity issues that come up about whether you care about me or and all of these things that she's dealing with, and it becomes something that it's not. But really to break it down and kind of work through it and look at it a little different, so it's not a you know, I'm of this and you're that, or I'm a have you're a have not, or any of those things. You can simply ask her why why she does it, and that you're curious because you know how much she loves God or where her heart is and where it comes from. You know, my producer Neil has a mouth and a half on him, and eventually he steps in it with things he says and people point it out, and sometimes he reacts poorly, and sometimes he takes a deep breath and thinks, Okay, that was right, and I need to work on that. I think most people fall into that category. I find if somebody accepts it too soon, they probably didn't really hear it or consume it properly. And if somebody keeps pushing it off there dealing with some other issues there. But if you hit somewhere in the middle and they go, Okay, I'm gonna work on. I'm gonna do a little couple of steps, and then you check yourself and make sure you don't do these things and make sure you're not putting her in a position to want to say those things, then I think everything and work out in the long run. Does that seem fair?
Speaker 3: Yes very much, so, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, and I pray that works out for you. Communication is, you know, coming from the word commune to come together, to fellowship, to spend time together is incredibly important. And unfortunately we learn words and we think and can build sentences and we think we know how to communicate, right, well, you don't. Communication is in addition to words and syntax and sentences and all of these things, it's about going on and speaking to somebody in a language that they understand. And movies, books, comedians, chefs, the ones that everybody thinks are so great are the ones that speak to the masses that for some ways, for some reason, they're gifted with ability as an artist, as a human being to do something with that medium that speaks to the most amount of people in the brightest and most vibrant ways. And that's a that's a gift. So when when you want to say something to someone, most of the time it's fairly benign. So it's you know, I need a pencil, or I need this, or pardon me, I need to get through here, whatever it is that you kind of just say it. But think about things that are important to you, are important to not that you're going to tell someone, are important enough for you to sit down kind of wade through them and see, Okay, how should I present this? Isn't it funny? How if your boss or someone said, you know, I need you to do a presentation, or I need you to pitch this to someone, or you're selling a car, or you're doing something, you will go to the ends of the earth to practice, to prepare, to research, to do notes, to do whatever it is. But the love of your life, your the people, your family, the people that are the closest to you, you just throw it out there like it doesn't matter, partly because well, they love you and they're going to understand hopefully regardless.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: But if you're trying to be persuasive, or if you're trying to be productive and you want to move something along, then you want to do your best to articulate the needs, the concerns, and how they're affecting the people in the family. But you have to make that person feel safe, because on the edge of every conversation in life is the enemy trying to tell everyone that they're unworthy of having any relationships at all, that they're going to be rejected should they not do this, or maybe if they do this thing, they'll appear to be different in the eyes of their loved one and they'll be rejected then too. There's all these ugly things that come, you know, swimming up to the surface looking for a way out, and people get freaked out. Plus, honest, who really likes to be told what to do? I have a wonderful book, wonderful book for you called the Bible. Maybe you've heard of it. It's over sixty five books written over a span of about fourteen hundred years by around forty authors, three different continents, three different language, is written in times of peace in times of war by kings and peasants alike, all pointing towards one thing. A beautiful love letter to tell you about the things that you should do and you shouldn't do, not because I'm some dictator in the sky, but because they are beneficial to you, and still you reject them at times. You know why, because people don't like being told what to do, even when it's right. Even when it's right. You can watch children and the only reason why children are so bold about it and adults aren't is because they're children and adults. But the adult still wants to do the exact same thing that the child does. My buddy Ron Pearson, whom some of you know, comedian Ron Pearson, who does shows with us from time to time, clean comedy shows, has a bit where he talks about his children saying I don't wanna, I don't wanna, and quite frankly, let's be honest, most adults want to do the same thing about whatever, whether it deals with work, whether it deals with going on vacation to a place they didn't want to go, taking out the trash, doing the dishes. Whatever. Parents would love, adults would love to drop to the floor kicking and screaming, saying I don't want to but if you don't do these things, and you don't learn these things, then we can't move forward. There's much to be learned, much to be gained, but also how to communicate it properly to the person that needs it. Pete, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Hello, Hi, Pete, Hi, how can I help you?
Speaker 5: I hope you're having a good day.
Speaker 1: I am having a wonderful day. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I have a friend who believes in this doctrine that you must be that passed in the name of Jesus Christ rather than Father's son and holy Ghost. And my initial thoult was because I had many Messianic Jewish friends. His original name was just Shuah, which is Joshua. And my question is who changed it from Joshua to Jesus and why?
Speaker 1: Well, it's quite simple. I mean, it's a literary device, is really what it is. It's there are other Joshuas in scripture, and if it was left as is, you know how like when you see a movie or painting, they always portray me as blonde, you know, blonde, blue eyed, light skinned, all of those things. Well, that's that's not the it's not the truth. No, that's just your middle Yes. So when you look at movies, the purpose of them doing it in film is so that that we don't all blend, so that you know, you know, people will assume. You know, when you meet somebody, there's something powerful about looking into their eyes and you can see things about them in their eyes. So people that do film and painting and stuff, no, well that's going to be a powerful point, So let's do something about the eyes. And oftentimes one of the most striking types of eyes, or the lighter eyes, more rare, more striking, So they do things like that. Well, similarly for sake of understanding, just like you know, the original scripture, when you go through in the original language, it's not like there my words are in red. It's that's a that's a device to help. And there's also not chapter and verse in the same way, so that was broken down to make it easier to read.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Likewise, the name Yeshia, depending on the language, could be different things. Just like your name petros uh is Peter or pete and has many different same meaning, but many different usage. Petra petros can be used depending on what language it is. So there's a lot of times that even though your name is not an American English name, it has been anglicized to Peter. So likewise, in scripture, Peter's name isn't really Peter, but it's anglicized. Well, that's what they've done to my name as well. But instead of going to the normal sized version, which would be Joshua, they have to differentiate me from other Joshuas, and so they make it Jesus, which is based on you know, Greek renditions and Latin renditions of the name, bringing it to you know what you see to day Jesus. So that's why. And and when they say the name Pete, when they say to do it in the name of think of it more like the old film that says stop it in the name of the law. It's not about the consonants and vowel vowels of L A W. That's not what they're saying. They say stop in the name of the law, and then they go, oh, no, the kappas see, So it's not about dealing with the name L A w It's about the power and authority that's behind them, with the principalities or the government or whatever gave them the authority and the badge and the baton. So likewise, when you're when you're praying in the name of or in the power of or any of those things, it's not about the vowels and the consonants. It's the power and authority of Glenn. Welcome to the Jesus Christ. How are you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm blessed, but I'm struggling with drug addiction and i was baptized in ninety six and I've been backsliding and veteran, I'm disabled, and.
Speaker 1: Wow, you got a host of stuff coming at you, don't you.
Speaker 2: Boy, Divorced, depression, and a lot of things that just kind of overwhelmed me and thought, maybe I want to say, I enjoy your show. I look forward to listening to it. I'm retired, I'm fifty six years old. I like to say to my mom, Beverly, and thank your for all are and encouragement and support in my issues and apologize for my selfishness with my addiction.
Speaker 1: Oh well, we send Beverly big hugs as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. The first thing you said, Glenn, the first thing you said is that you're struggling with Oh, praise God. That what a wonderful term, because that means you haven't lost, right. Yes, if you're still in the battle and you're still taking your licks, then you're still alive to do so, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: And that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is you know, you've been through war, as they say, you've seen so things, haven't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been through some things, and I've been very fortunate and blessed you in my life. And I have no complaints. I don't need no crying out, and I'm very grateful. I'm just going through some issues for the last ten years and I've just been struggling. I know that it's me walking away and moving away from God. I used to be on fire. I got a gift to gab. I'm not a real intelligent, but I got a little common sense.
Speaker 1: That's all you need, my friend, And those are all good traits. You say this in the past tense.
Speaker 2: Just you know what, I guess depression. I've let depression get him and Satan Elly, I call him Satan ellis kind of Assistan says, it looks like Satan's having a field, and I think I've made poor choices of using drugs and shame and you know, and a lot of those issues. I'm really really hungry to get back there. And I was gonna go this weekend. This is my first day being sober, and I'm going to commit to give it all to God. I was hoping, brother, that you might be able to help me with a couple verses or chapters in the Bible that might be encouraging her knowledgeable for me and help me with my future choices.
Speaker 1: And sure in my life. You know, I want to tell you, and we give this out every once in a while, but to go to Ephesian six and to read through and to understand the armor of God is a good thing. To understand the armor of God and that you're putting these things on as a daily basis, from a daily basis is a good thing. And I start with that to go into this and one Corinthians sixteen thirteen says be on your guard. And as I give that to you, I'm thinking being on your guard, as you know, I see Ephesians and that ability to put on your breastplate of righteousness and all these things, and you're building yourself up to prepare. But it says, be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be men of courage, be strong. So essentially, being on your guard means you know what those things are. You know are the things that trip you up in life. You know the things that distract you and take your eyes and your gaze away from God. So be on your guard, stand firm in the faith. So make sure that you're checking to make sure what is of God, and be a man of courage and be strong. That's number one. The second one comes from First Chronicles twenty two thirteen, and I love this because it ties into standing firm in the faith that last verse. So now you look at then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the Lord gave Moses for Israel, so referring to the ten commandments. So if you're observing the ten commandments, be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or discouraged. These two verses go well together because they're telling you to one, be on your guard. Second, stand firm of faith. What faith well? The faith based on the observance and the decrees of the laws that the Lord gave to Moses for Israel. Then it says again, be strong and courageous. So you put these together and they kind of have that same attitude of one find yourself in the word of God. Glenn, you've got to get yourself in the word of God. You've got to let that be your backbone. And you've got to get into a good church again. You know, opportunity to get into a place where you know you will be loved and taken care of. And you know that the enemy wants to plan fears. And you've played this in real life back when you were in the military and you're fighting for this country. The enemy that was underestimated was one that used the concept of fear very well to you know, really try to distract you and the other men and women that were fighting to get you into a state of fear. Fear is a is a great equalizer because that fear can can make you drop to your knees and not think straight. And terrorism does this. Everything does this. And the enemy is the greatest terrorist of all the devil, and he wants you to be fearful. And John One John four eighteen says there is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. So the things that I want you to do and what I want you to leave with today is one to think about building the armor of God and putting that on every day. You know, and are you working a program at all?
Speaker 2: I completed a program and then I went out and made poor decisions and bachelated back into the drugs.
Speaker 1: It's time to get back in that.
Speaker 2: Veterans hospital.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time to get back into a program. Have you ever worked with AA.
Speaker 2: I've been with AA and A with a couple of Kaiser graduated. But it seems like once I get out of there, my mind starts drifting away from what I know I should do. Because if my conscious tell me you're doing.
Speaker 1: Wrong, you're scrolling, Okay, well that's good. That's a start. And then and what the good thing about a program is, like a twelve step program or these things, is that they're good reminders. And that's one of the reasons why I want to know direct you to Ephesians in the Armor of God is because I want you to have something each day when you get up, not late later. But the moment you get up is your mind. It takes on all of the water of the day and all the thoughts of yesterday, and everything comes rushing in that You control that a little bit by putting on and doing something regimented that reminds you of what you're doing, and going through the ten commandments and reminding you of the law of God, and footing yourself in these things, embracing yourself in these things prior to and deciding what you're going to do that day, having plans for what you're going to do, not leaving open opportunity, getting into a program where you're going to meet, where you're meeting others in similar situations, and focus on that healing because it is going to be a day by day thing, and you just got it. You just got to win today, Glenn. All I'm asking for you is not to drink today. I hear you, And then tomorrow I'm going to ask you the same thing. Just don't drink then. And you got to start that day and not consume those things. And each day pushing yourself along a little bit at a time. And you've got to get surrounded by good people. We've talked countless times today about being surrounded by yes men. And when you have yes people around you that are just telling you what you want to hear when you want to hear it, just like those drugs, it'll pull you down. And you need to be around strong people and be around pure, good situations where you won't be tempted for now to get as strong underpinning as you can as you continue to build yourself up. But you've done this before, over and over again. You've built yourself up, strengthened yourself even for war, for your job, for whatever needs come your way. And now the need is you don't let yourself down.
Speaker 2: Need have learned how to love myself.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad start.
Speaker 2: God, God wants me to love myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It says in scripture that you are to love your neighbor as you love yourself, which means you first have to have an understanding of who you are. And I'm fascinating. And it's not about this weird creepy pop psychology self love or even self esteem. You know, serial murderers have some of the best self esteem. It's not just about that. What it is is a proper understanding that you are a child of God. And that God created you with a purpose in mind and has things that he wants to do with you, and that sin is merely missing that mark that He has set for you, and that He wants you to be on that path that He wants you to be on. And every time you get go astray, Glenn, he is yearning for you to come back. Today, you're back. There's no excuse today. You're on the right track. You were bold and you were brave, and you made the call. Now what you do from it at this point is up to you. But you're gonna go when. You're not gonna drink today, are you.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna drink. I'm gonna keep looking up and keep my feet.
Speaker 1: Firm, ground excellent, and you're gonna take those versus to heart. But I want to get you into a program, and I want you to work hard towards building those underpinnings. You know where the church is. You spoke of a church, a good, healthy church, and you need to get back there, and you need to find they may even have a program there. Get in that program and stick with it, and even if it only lasts a day more than the last one, you just got to keep doing it. It says in scripture that a righteous man is not a righteous man that doesn't fall, but a right time. This man falls seven times, and seven times gets up. Jeff, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was a helicopter pilot. I have one hundred and fifty three kills officially to my name. I took all those souls. Am I going to hell?
Speaker 1: You you did something that was commanded of you during your service to the country that you pledged an oath to to defend. There is a difference in scripture between murder and killing. A lot of people translate in the Ten Commandments thou shalt not kill, and it's not true. The word is rotshaw, and it means to pull apart, to dice, to take apart the innocent. And when you're defending a country and a principle and an idea, sadly enough, there is a necessity for that. And there's times of war in scripture as well. And you love your family and if someone were to somehow either break in or try and do something to destroy your family or your well being or their well being, you would defend yourself, would you not?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And that's what you did for the country. Now that you had you had need to know information, and so you went in with the trust of your position to listen to the authority of those that were in charge, and you made those decisions to the best of your ability well in combat. And God understands all of those things. He does, indeed, and you are accountable for breaching that or for making decisions on your own that were you know, there are horrible stories of men and women in the military who have made decisions on their own to do things that were disgusting and that we're outside of the commands of their higher ups, and those are secondary. But if you are fighting under the desire to defend the ideas, the principles, and the very lives of the people in your country as military, that is what you're there to do. And there many times if you read in scripture, when John the Baptist is baptizing a soldier comes up to him, at no point as he baptized him and shared the truth of God, not at one point did he ever say you have to stop being a soldier. Never once in scripture, I myself tell those that followed me, I said, if you don't have a sword sell your cloak and purchase the sword, because there is a time for that. And there's times where I said, hey, if you live by the sword, you'll die by it, meaning that if the sword is the only thing you go to, Jeff, if it is the only thing that you use to make any decision or to communicate in life, you will die by it. And it's unrighteous. But if you pick it up to defend the ideas, the principles, the very lives of the people in your country, that is a noble act. You are not in the position to defend to define whether it's a righteous or unrighteous war. You have to trust in the powers of the peace, as scripture, and you did that, and you made decisions with the training that you were given to pursue that objective. As the goal was at hand to defend your country. You would go with God knowing that what you did was to defend.
Speaker 4: Or I am okay, You're okay, Jeff, Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, brother, thanks for calling. There is there is time and time again that we get calls from soldiers and those that fight, and people get on political high horses to defend their own politics or beliefs or as ugly it is always ugly, but there are times where it is righteous, and there is a time to defend, just like a law enforcement or anything like that. And the worst thing that can be done is to treat those those troops that would take and put their life. A scripture says, greatest is the love of one brother who would light his life down for another. And to treat them as lowly or someone who is just a murderous machine. You can see that those lives, even years later, stick with somebody, and you never forget those lives, and you never lessen or cheapen them. But you know there was a principal and a protection and a defense that was being upheld during that process. KFI AM six forty on demand