Speaker 1: One on one point three KATIEWW with Fallon and Colts. I am driving home yesterday. I'm on Highway seven. I get to a stoplight. I looked to my right because there's a guy and he has like his phone on one of those little docks like set up spots on your dap, right, yeah, yeah, And I see his hands scrolling, and you know, I look over to judge.
Speaker 2: He was scrolling on Zillow. Why what world? How bad is the housing market?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: That when you are at a stop light in your car you are scrolling.
Speaker 3: On fillast dips a little bit. You gotta jump on that quickly. I get quickly, dude. I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: I was actually looking at a house like six months ago, and the person was like, we could just skip an inspection and then that would like put us at the top of the list.
Speaker 3: Did we just skip it?
Speaker 2: That's what?
Speaker 3: Like that sounds legal.
Speaker 1: In like twenty twenty ish people were doing and like twenty I mean since then, it was so crazy because the interest rates were so low because we sold our house. People were doing that left and right, like you lose out on the house because you're foregoing and inspection. It was insane. I'm like, no, thanks, I guess I'll lose the house.
Speaker 2: No chance.
Speaker 3: Our in laws are like, are you go? I was ever gonna not rent?
Speaker 4: And we're like, you bought your house for seven grapes and like then you sold it for like seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I'm seven grapes? Sign the line?
Speaker 3: Sweet nice?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Anyone listening who we should just open it up to you?
Speaker 2: Oh, actually, let's add this one in there.
Speaker 1: You skipped the inspection and it was a big mistake if that fits, because you were just like desperate to get a house. You skipped the inspection to get the house and it was a big mistake. If you're listening that as you give us a call. We do this in the two o'clock hour to kick things off, to do because like we always say, the two o'clock people seem to be introverts.
Speaker 2: But then you call in you're so unhinged.
Speaker 1: So you're just like, because you never know what the person next to you at work is like at home.
Speaker 4: No, or you past somebody on the street or whatever, you're like, I don't know if that person has a boy in their car.
Speaker 3: You don't know anything.
Speaker 1: You don't know, so we're not gonna ask you that one. Anyone listening who skipped the inspection regrets it, got ghosted? Or was the kid that huffed glue in school? Who was the kid in your school? Everyone knows their name. Mine was Brandon Callwell. His name was Brandon Callwell. I will never forget he was huff and eat the paste because we called it paste.
Speaker 2: In like kindergarten, first grade. We didn't call it glue.
Speaker 3: Oh he was. He was getting in on in kindergarten, Oh, going hard eating it. Yeah, Chad Powell, Chad.
Speaker 2: You know the kid that ate the glue or huffed it.
Speaker 3: Good old Chad.
Speaker 4: And you look at them and you're like, you look like somebody who used to huff glue these like nowadays.
Speaker 2: Brandon's up to these days.
Speaker 3: Probably nothing spectacular, Probably.
Speaker 2: Not poor guy.
Speaker 1: So if you in those categories, give us a call. Sixty five one nine eight nine, Katie w. B. Got ghosted, you were the kid that huffed or ate glue.
Speaker 3: In schools Or you.
Speaker 1: Skipped out on the inspection on your house and you majorly regret it.
Speaker 2: Six nine eight nine, katiew B.
Speaker 1: This is the fallon and one oh one point three KATWB with Fallon and Colt.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you by the way, Colt.
Speaker 1: And I are stalled. We went over to Roe Hoo for lunch today. We went through two baskets of chips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we each cold.
Speaker 1: Had the pinkest burger I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yes, he ordered a burger at Roho, which I thought was bizarre.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my wife's out of town. We don't allow meat my house, and she's around.
Speaker 4: So I've just been crazy, called crazy, dude, I've had maybe a cow and a half.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's got to be something like that.
Speaker 2: We heard.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep some things to yourself. My god, you gotta keep the magic alive.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Anyone listening who basically said nah to the inspection of a house and then regretted it was recently ghosted or admittedly was the kid in school that huffed or ate the glue, you can call us six nine eight nine, Katie w B.
Speaker 2: Which category did you fall into?
Speaker 5: I fall into getting ghosted?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 5: So we were like hanging out for like a good while, like a month, and then we were still to hang out one day and like like I was waiting for him to text me and he doesn't text me and then just does not answer my like text calls or anything like. To this day, still haven't heard from them.
Speaker 1: What I mean, I'm sure you've gone through so many scenarios in your head.
Speaker 2: Is he alive? Do you follow him on social media?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do, and he's posted. He seems like he's doing fine.
Speaker 4: So so when you text him, what do you say? Or do you ask him like why are you ignoring me?
Speaker 3: Or like what did I do?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: At first I was.
Speaker 5: Like pretty chill, and I was like, all right, what's going on?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: But now I'm sending it really pissed off, and so I said some not nice things.
Speaker 3: What did you say that wasn't nice? Was one thing?
Speaker 5: Well, I just I can't say that I called him name?
Speaker 3: Well what did you call him? It's all right, I just say it, you got it?
Speaker 2: We'll bleep, yeh.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 3: I just give me an example of what you said.
Speaker 7: I just thought it was a.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, if you don't have the bees, you're like, okay, just like say hey, I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: Then I agree with you. Actually no, literally, like.
Speaker 5: I would rather you just straight up saying I don't want to do it, then go for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're in the right, You're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: It'll get better, we promise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, have a good one. Good luck with the dating out there. I know it an easy h ii kt w B. Hey, which category do you fall into?
Speaker 6: Fall into the I am so proud of you for admitting this.
Speaker 1: So how old were you when you were glue huffing?
Speaker 6: I was in kindergarten so and Iden for two years.
Speaker 3: Actually, so how did how did it make you? How did it make you feel?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: What is it like when you huff glue? I've never huffed.
Speaker 1: I guess the baby feel like I'm.
Speaker 6: High on me.
Speaker 2: That's the kindergartener. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Were the other kids like, wait, what's your name?
Speaker 1: Because you know, we we gave out the full name of our glue huffers.
Speaker 2: Were the kids like, oh, stay away from so and so. He's weird.
Speaker 6: No, I think everyone liked me. It was really popular.
Speaker 7: I think I could other people to help from what I recall.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're a bad influence. So what is your what is your teacher?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 4: Are they just like I'm gonna deal with this kid, it's not my kid.
Speaker 7: I was just real quiet, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did she ever catch you sniffing glue?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, you were an expert at the huff.
Speaker 4: Do you ever try to take a trip down memory lane and get like a good huff here and there?
Speaker 7: Of course I knew it.
Speaker 3: I knew it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you met. You brightened my day. Thank you for calling in. All right, see what we're gonna call wait whatever he never gave us his names.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call him Elmer, Brian Way, Can I ask you when?
Speaker 4: When is the last time you sniffed or huffed or whatever glue?
Speaker 6: Years ago?
Speaker 2: It's been too long?
Speaker 6: Forty five?
Speaker 2: That's crazy?
Speaker 1: Hell? All right, thanks Brian, I don't know where it was forty four a year ago. Move on, cult, it's the pop Culture Minute with Fellan and Colt. On one of one point three k d W B is Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco. Well, I know this is earlier, and it's not even like she posted a photo of herself and he's the best ground and she put little hearts over what would be her hand to cover up a ring. I could see this going there. She seems very smitten they seem happy. She's been through it with some crappy relationships. She at this point can probably tell when she's being treated right. I know a lot of people are so just focused on how Benny Blanco looks, which is so messed up.
Speaker 3: Do you even look bad? I feel like it doesn't look bad.
Speaker 2: He's not. He's not attractive.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, you want it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think. Okay, let me say this. No, because he's engaged as Selene Comas. But I'm saying if we were both single, I don't know. I've always been a person. If you look at like all the people I've ever dated, there is I don't have like a type. And I've usually am first drawn to someone by their personality and then it makes them more attractive. Now, Jake is just physically hot. I mean, but he's the only person I ever dated. I met on a dating app, you know what I mean? So you base it on how they look. He's physically hot, yeah he is. And but I'm saying, like I just when people are so shallow.
Speaker 2: She's not eighteen anymore.
Speaker 1: She dated arguably like the hottest heart throb of her era, Justin Bieber, and it didn't seem like he was really great to her, So why I don't think she cares about that as much as she cares about like how someone treats her personality. He's obviously very talented and he's produced some of the biggest songs we play on ktew.
Speaker 2: B's pretty hilarious too. Except personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that, No, he doesn't have it all. He has a lot thought all. Yeah, and that's fine. I think it's how we all are. We fall short in certain areas or is that for that hand a handful of people who seemingly do have it all and it's just a smack on the face as average Joe's out here. We have a lot of additional details on everything that went down with Taylor Swift canceling all three shows in Vienna. Two of the people so yesterday they canceled it because basically found two people and arrest of them that they were they've discovered were planning to make a terror attack on the venue. So one of the people they discovered had actually started working at the venue like a week or two beforehand, so they were like getting in on the ground. O. The stuff they found in the one guy's apartment, those were definitely items that could be used for a bomb, but they said it was like it was it would be an amateur attempt. It was like stuff like a barrel of hydrogen peroxide used in makeshift explosives. It means it's not like a professional job. But someone who googled how do you make a bomb? Printed that off and went and got the items. It's not like they, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like a tactical approach.
Speaker 1: No, now here are other things really scary. Authorities say the whole of Europe is on high alert with concerned ISIS is using Austria as a quote unquote operational area. So more and more details are coming out. Like we said, she completely canceled those shows and did not like she refunded people like she's like she is not performing in Vienna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people are wondering, will this mean that she's going to cancel the London shows? Then those are the last ones she has in Europe? She has like five shows there. No, as of right now, nothing is canceled. The show goes on in London as of right now, She's set to be there August fifteenth through twentieth at Wembley Arena. Of course, they're saying they're going to beef up security, and there are reasons that go beyond the vienna stuff that for the reason why they would be of a security there.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if anybody can figure it out, it's a swifty Yeah, I hope there together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you would hope so.
Speaker 1: But that's very, very scary, and I mean, I guess you could look at it, like we talked about this yesterday. You feel awful for all the people that are looking forward to that for a year. I mean it's the smart move. Obviously, would rather have a canceled concert than people losing their lives, But still doesn't take away from the fact that somebody will have been saving up, traveled, like, spent tons of money, waited for this, looked forward to it is it's sad, it's so upsetting. So and then I was gonna throw out there.
Speaker 2: This is Uh.
Speaker 1: They always have certain people, you know, play political characters on snl okay, and so they have Maya Rudolph, she plays Kamala Harris got it. I don't know if they've mentioned who will play jd Vance, but Steve Martin said that Laurene Michaels himself called him and asked him to be Tim Walls Linton he was like no. He was like, He's like, I don't do impressions. That's not his kind of comedy. And he goes, you literally just called me because I'm older with white hair, like I know. So he said no to doing it, So we will not be seeing Steve Martin play Tim Walls.
Speaker 4: I only got like a thousand dollars per episode, which is like, I mean, for most people a lot, but for them like not at all.
Speaker 1: No, well they don't need the money at that point. Steve Martin's just doing it if he did, yeah, but also, isn't it so interesting, Like wouldn't that be almost like a dream of a nightmare to be someone that they portray on SNL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be terrible but awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that's cool unless they did it in a good way. But usually it's you know, a parity version.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. Yeah, you do you do?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sabrina Carpenter. She has her new album coming out this month, but I'm that is like the one I know I'm going to be streaming over and over again. Did get tickets to a show? Not even it was short and sweet? Beyond sale. Just like the tour, Short and Sweet either got them.
Speaker 3: Or you didn't. Very very quick person alone who cares?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you? You're the worst financial advice credit card. That's how you hear abouredit I heard no. Your pop culture min is brought to you by Ovo, Lay, Sick and lens On, Katie w B, Salin and Colt on one on one point three.
Speaker 2: Katie w B.
Speaker 1: We do have skate date tickets coming up. If you haven't heard about this, We're going roller Skinny. It's as simple as that. Like next Thursday you can go sting with me and cult. It's an uptown so we'll have tickets for that coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, sweet, awesome.
Speaker 4: If you're ever trying to figure out, like nobody likes me, I don't have any friends. I don't know what's going on in my life. It just feels like everybody thinks I'm a loser.
Speaker 3: One isn't your.
Speaker 2: Recent Google search.
Speaker 1: It feels like personal and then you brought the information to us from what your search findings.
Speaker 3: These are tricks, tactics you can use to make people like you.
Speaker 1: I have a huge one at the end if it's not on this list, Okay, do you use it on me? M M, I should use it more.
Speaker 2: You'll see why.
Speaker 4: Okay, number one the most important thing, which you're just a psychopath. If you do this copy of the person you're with. The strategy is called mirroring, and involve subtle mimicking of other people's behavior when talking to someone, trying to copy their body language, gestures, and facial expressions.
Speaker 1: That's not surprising because I know a lot of bosses in work environments.
Speaker 2: They they are trained to copy the.
Speaker 1: Way people write, so they'll like so because you know, everything's online now pretty much with people, so the way they respond to emails or if you're on like teams like we are some people. I think Jake uses like slack you the way you word things and use emojis or exclamation points or phrasing is based on the person's like almost like you're mirroring how they write.
Speaker 3: Got it? Yeah, so you like in a respectful way, how they speak to you, so they know, like the I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it's the words I would use is respectful?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like it's it's just mirroring. So like I think it's like you, they feel like you're the same.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Oh got it? Okay, that makes sense. I guess. Try to display positive emotions.
Speaker 6: Likes me so terrible.
Speaker 3: Compliment other people. Yeah, people associate the adjectives you use to describe other people with your personality.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I actually I'm gonna look for this list. I found a list of ways to compliment people. I had saved it that have nothing to do with their physical appearance. Because for me, the compliments that stick out with to me are like that stick with me, I guess through time are compliments people made that have nothing to do with my physical appearance.
Speaker 3: It's just like stuff like your funny or that's.
Speaker 2: The best compliment I can get.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're such a good mom, or like something like that.
Speaker 2: One says that to me. But yeah, okay, all of my daughter says it. I think she's the only one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all that counts. Reveal your flaws from time to time. Emphasize shared values. Okay, this one's just a creepy because there.
Speaker 3: Is a fine line with this casually touch them.
Speaker 1: No. I literally listened to a book today, and that's true. You have to read the room. But there literally read a book today where I talked about it.
Speaker 2: Not at all.
Speaker 1: Be it just it brings you closer, like human touch, a pat on the shoulder. It could be a pat on the shoulder. Could it be like a like like pat to the arm. I don't know, it's not. I think when you say physical touch, your mind goes to the gutter a little bit. But it's things don't have to be creepy. You and I so people been I know this, well, why would they? Every day when our show is over, Colt and I have a secret handshake. Yeah, and there it involves our hands touching. That's not that's not creepy physical touch. But we do a physical touch every day.
Speaker 3: Now do we look each other in the eye when we do it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm usually halfway out the door, you know what.
Speaker 3: So we just do it.
Speaker 4: We keep it low key, Yeah, smile, tell them a secret, act like you like them obviously.
Speaker 3: But the one that stuck out to me the most was.
Speaker 4: Agree on hating someone, because nothing apparently brings people together more than hatred for one thing around person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that does help.
Speaker 3: You can bond over so so much.
Speaker 1: When I read the book, it's like how to whatever and influence people. It's like it's a super old book. It's like how to win people over and influence them or something like that. The number one thing is if you just ask a person a ton of questions about themselves and just make it all about them, they leave the conversation thinking you were such a great conversationalist without realizing it was just because you talked about yourself the whole time.
Speaker 2: So that was mine.
Speaker 1: Balan And calls on one on one point three Katie WB I was born with flintstone toes to give me better balance, but does not affect me in roller skates. As it turns out. We're on roller skating next week on Thursday.
Speaker 3: You're almost like a wet noodle out there, like a noodle with blades.
Speaker 1: It's almost like I don't have a single muscle in my body to keep me balanced, and like I have no app strength like keep me centered or anything when I'm on those skates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're almost like a cartoon character, thank you, one of those things outside of the dealership, just flopping up and down.
Speaker 2: That's descriptive. So we would like you to come roller skating with us now.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be good like me, or you could be great like yeah, whatever, that's fine.
Speaker 2: But if you can come, we're gonna be in uptown.
Speaker 1: It's a new spot where the old CB two us and we're like, what are you talking about? Fallon it's on Hennepin. I give you imagine where all those shops were. It was there and it's called TCS Studio and it's like, it's not your average roller ring. It's like they cleared out this furniture store and you can just roller skate in it. Now.
Speaker 3: It's pretty cool if you think about a roller rank.
Speaker 4: That's not what it is that. I don't even know how to explain. It's like an O with like a lazy boy. There's a cowch there.
Speaker 1: You were yawning when I was saying, Matt, I don't think you actually heard me say those exactly.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, we want you to come. Roller skating with us is the key here.
Speaker 1: So if you would like to just be colored ten at six, five, one, nine, eight nine, Katie w b Okay, I found some compliments to give to people. Yeah, give me one without mentioning their physical appearance. You're so fun to hang out with. I love spending time with you. Your laugh is contagious. It makes me feel joy.
Speaker 3: My laugh is weak.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If if Britney Spears knew you two thousand and seven would have gone differently.
Speaker 3: What oh yeah, I repect? Is that what they're saying?
Speaker 1: No, Ballon and cult on one oh one point three kd WB. My understanding is cults as something super offensive. Earlier during his show between one and two, it triggered people on the text line, which is gonna lead us into the next segment.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 2: Don't cancel me.
Speaker 3: But it's where we try to set each other up to get canceled.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a topic fallin you have to argue for it, and you're gonna give me a topic.
Speaker 3: I have to argue for it.
Speaker 2: I hate it so much.
Speaker 3: We'll see who has a job next.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Brittany and Olivia our latest skate date Skaters, sexy skaters, blading batties, Balon and cults on one o one point three KATIEWB. We're gonna have more chances to go roller skating with us. It's we're officially a week out. It's a week from today that we're going roller skating I know that is crazy. Let's just do it because I want to get this over with because I don't want I'm just I don't want to deal with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't cancel me. But I have a topic for follon. She has to argue. You have a topic for me.
Speaker 2: How long we have to argue it.
Speaker 4: We have about a good solid thirty seconds. You got to state your case and why you think you're so for this thing.
Speaker 1: The reason that this sucks is that someone will turn on their radio inevitably fifteen seconds in and be.
Speaker 2: Like, I always hated that, but word not confirmed. That's what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to argue first, ye give me no, Okay, I want to get it over with. So you have to argue your Your.
Speaker 4: Whole position is you don't think moms should be able to wear cheeky bikinis at water parks. No cheeky bikinis for moms at water parks.
Speaker 2: Give me kind of one second to collect my thoughts.
Speaker 3: Please, you can take the angle or I'm not going to give you angles to take. You think about it. For this, you are fin dying on this hill, and it's so much.
Speaker 2: I don't know where to start? Okay, am I starting?
Speaker 3: Your time starts now.
Speaker 1: I do not think moms should be wearing cheeky bikinis at water parks.
Speaker 2: Why because it is a family event.
Speaker 1: In no other situation would that be appropriate to be showing your body off like that in front of kids. Like you wouldn't go pick up your kid at school like that, You wouldn't go to a kid's birthday party like that. You So, I don't need my kid and my family having to see your cheeks. I mean, congrats, you worked out, you're confident, but like I don't care. I don't want to see it, so cover it up that time?
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 6: It was good?
Speaker 3: It was good. It was nice that you went.
Speaker 4: You're so secure in your relationship. You didn't even argue that your husband was going to be looking or anything.
Speaker 2: Oh he doesn't look.
Speaker 4: Ever, he got on blinders like those old people glasses.
Speaker 1: First of all, I know for a fact Jake does look. So he has mastered keeping his eyes straight ahead while still being able to take things in from the peripheral. I have only one time, I think recently, I jokingly was like, were you checking Jen out on the boat?
Speaker 2: I think I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and he was like not in a million years, like I saw you stare I did it in front of you? Did you not hear?
Speaker 4: I don't know what We're kind of better magnify you're trying to in front of you? All right, don't cancel me. But what's my topic?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: You you started earlier. I'd like you to finish it. We're in the state of ten thousand Lakes. We have a huge thing called the Fishing Opener. But you cult you don't think fishing.
Speaker 4: Is a sport, Okay, so I have to argue for this fishing I have thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, I'm going to take that back. I don't actually want you.
Speaker 3: To argue that.
Speaker 4: You don't want going to argue that because fishing isn't a sport. I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can say that that's your own. That's not your argument.
Speaker 4: Bowling is more tactical than fishing. If my four year old can catch a bass on a barbie fishing pole, that's not all right?
Speaker 2: Do you know what continue? And any of your time starts now?
Speaker 4: I mean it's literally a five dollars fishing pole with a barbie on it, and my four year old reels in a sixteen inch small mouthed bass and you're flexing that you caught at whatever.
Speaker 3: That's that.
Speaker 4: You just dropped a worm in the water. You're gonna get something. It's like throwing a carcass on the road. Eventually, just one of those vultures are gonna show up to like you're just there's no skill at all.
Speaker 3: I'll even go as far as saying hunting isn't even a skill. Just wait for a deer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well one of the nature the woods. There's so many animals all over the place, and actually shocking if you don't get an animal. We've been leaving off of animals for our entire existence as human beings. Yeah, congrats, you got one. Talking about there's so many fish.
Speaker 2: Anyways, time, I don't know, I wasn't keeping time. I'm just gonna let you go. You have to jump on hunting in general. That was your choice. That's not like truly passionate.
Speaker 4: I'm not against hunter's I like the conservatorship. And also my dad's attack normous.
Speaker 2: So you don't even like that he does that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean it's creepy, but it bought me peanut butter growing up well lucky.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't realize it was blurging like that on the FAM.
Speaker 3: Oh no, what's the text line? Like what's going on here? Oh oh no?
Speaker 1: People started throwing out politics, not gonna happen. I was gonna make you do one that would really be controversial. Okay, what's that because it's big here in the state of Mini said, I was going to make you say that dancing is not a.
Speaker 4: Sport, argue that dancing like children dancing. Well, I guess, like who just like, because is there a competitive like men's dancing.
Speaker 1: I just figured it was all there are men dancers, yeah, on teams. Yeah, but I don't like some people to this day they don't think like cheerleading or dance is a sport, even though it's a very physically demanding thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, whatever, you gotta tell youself, chancel us Sellen and cold. Today's trending with felon and cold on one Ontie, you have.
Speaker 2: Got to stop.
Speaker 3: My stomach is just I don't know what's going on or what ro Ho did.
Speaker 2: Ro didn't do anything. We went there for lunch today and we we did it to ourselves.
Speaker 1: We they you know, that like when they say, okay, each chip is a fourth Victor Dia And we had, think about it a tortilla.
Speaker 2: You cut it in before you deep fry it. That's what we had. God times a million.
Speaker 4: And you keep two baskets just us. And then I had the biggest burger ever. Is the first time I've had a bun this summer?
Speaker 1: What you have the most toxic relationship with food I've ever heard of.
Speaker 3: It's not good.
Speaker 2: You even had a single bun?
Speaker 3: I had a single. I don't allow it.
Speaker 2: But you just ate two baskets and yes, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: I don't have it.
Speaker 4: And then it's like an addict. It's just a doubt, a spiral. I'm getting some food out of the vending machine. After we're done talking.
Speaker 1: There is something too, like when you go hard, uh, you you tend to like then continue to go hard the whole worse today.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a spiral.
Speaker 1: It's it's like you already stretched your stomach out and now it's like, oh, hello, I have a millimeter of space.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Jake and I were talking about this earlier because I was reading this book on and by reading I mean listening I do audible and I it's it's actually getting worse and worse as I tell this story. I actually downloaded a new app where it summarizes books in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: That's all you need, though, because sometimes people are writing books. I'd like, just get to the point. I get you got to sell a book, but just tell me by.
Speaker 1: The way COSPNA, but you get a free trial. This is not an AP but I do think it's really interesting. It's called Headway, and they summarize kind of almost like self help books.
Speaker 2: And I don't think self.
Speaker 1: Helps the right word, but you get to choose, so I chose like stuff for career about overall happiness and parenting.
Speaker 2: So I listened to one today.
Speaker 1: It's about French parenting and like, why are French kids like so much well better, you know, better behave than American kids.
Speaker 2: And that's not it, Okay, that's not.
Speaker 1: But one of the things they were like really pushing is don't force your kids to eat when they're at the table. Don't be like finished that you can't get up ntil you're done eating, which was what I was told, Like, you don't leave the table to your plates clean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and jacab that for breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Jake was like that created such a horrible relationship with food, where now I don't stop eating when I'm full, I stop eating when I'm stuffed and miserable, and I'm like, yes, so it's true anyways, like How to Be a it's not. It's seriously called the Bibbet, like some'm the Bibet. It's a French parenting book. I now want to bag it.
Speaker 3: Get dang it.
Speaker 2: I don't need any more carbs in my life.
Speaker 1: But speaking of McDonald's, that was my story I have for trending today, they have the Collector's Meals coming out and they have these really cool cups, so like, if you go for breakfast, you can get like the Collector's Meal, SAUSAGEGG sandwich, hash brown, hot coffee, and they have other ones too, like Tienpeace Nugget or Big Mac, along with fries and a drink. But they have yeah, but they come with these really fun collectible one of the kind cups and the cup designs are McDonald's Coca Cola, Hello Kitty and Peanuts, Beanie Babies, Barbie and Hot Wheels, Shrecked, Jurassic Park, and Menions whoa my mom.
Speaker 2: You might think the story goes I was.
Speaker 1: Obsessed with beanie babies and no, no, my mom Debbie was obsessed with beanie baby She had to collect them all is Deboro? Yeah, de Burrino had to collect them all.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate that about her. No, no, that's good.
Speaker 2: Stop it put being a creep all right. That is your trending. It is brought to you by Nicolay Law. You can find him at nicolay Law dot com.
Speaker 1: Now Charlie xx three sixty on kd W B ballon and cult on one on one point three ktw is just down the hallway talking about the skate date before. We were like, you know, we did a boat cruise. We had so much fun with that. We're like, we want to do something else. We want to go roller skating with you. And then we see this new studio in uptown cults spouting off of the mouth about how good of a skater is prove.
Speaker 4: It Theliles of blading. Basically, did you say Noah Lyles?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you mean to say simoone Biles?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: The sprinter her name some work somewhere, something weird.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to win to take us to Our skate date is next Thursday in Uptown. You can do a little trivia now six five, one, nine, eight nine katiew.
Speaker 7: This what.
Speaker 4: The Summer School pop quiz on one A one point three katiewb with Fallon and Colts.
Speaker 1: And also we have Bailey who Colt called Mason for like ten minutes. All right, Bailey from Blaine and Joe from Egan are playing today. We're gonna ask a little trivia. The winner gets to go roller skating with us on Thursday at CCS Studio and Uptown. We're excited for that. If you know the answer of the trivia question, guys, just chime in with your name. The first to two wins.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Whoop boop Okay?
Speaker 1: Who is known for musical hits like Shape of You and Thinking out loud?
Speaker 2: Really yes, Bailey Woo.
Speaker 1: Question number two, Claude Monett is most famous for his paintings of which flower Joe, Yes, Joe, not the sunflower Joe, Bailey?
Speaker 2: Do you want to take a guest? Not the rose?
Speaker 3: Water lilies?
Speaker 1: Question number three but is have you seriously never heard of Monai's water lilies?
Speaker 3: Water lily?
Speaker 1: Like when you look at a lily pad and there are like lilies on the lily water lilies.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a all right. Question.
Speaker 1: Number three, what is sushi traditionally wrapped in? Joe?
Speaker 3: Joey?
Speaker 1: Okay, Joe, that is correct, seaweet is correct. Here's our final question, our tie breaker. Which has more sugar, a lemon or a strawberry? Really?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 1: Yes, Bailey, strawberry not a strawberry? Why it's not a strawberry, it's a lemon. I didn't know this either. I do that it was a trick question.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my mind is blown.
Speaker 7: So what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Does that mean that Joe one they both screamed strawberry at the same time.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, yeah, Joe would have gone it wrong. It kind of seems like kind of a bad mood just to give it to Joe because there's only two answers.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then we'll just give you both to its.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, this was for nothing.
Speaker 2: That's what they say about our show.
Speaker 1: E'salent and cult on one on one point three k d WB Now uh this I feel like this is something that Colt will have a strong opinion on. For me, I don't know maybe it's just because this is like a guy's perspective. I don't feel like I would think twice about this. But Todd, share with Colt what you came home to the other day that has you questioning some things.
Speaker 7: I guess In short, I'm wondering if my neighbor is making a move on my wife, and I'll explain why. So between like a new promotion at work and keeping up with you know, everything, friends, raising children, and doing husbandly duties, I can tell you it's just been really exhausting summer.
Speaker 1: Yep, I feel that summer's here in Minnesota. They like they just because like our only nice time. So like your calendar is just full of stuff and then you're like, oh it's over.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so there's not enough time for anything ever, And I've fallen behind like the lower priority ring of things, which includes like yard work, my trees having been trimmed.
Speaker 6: You know, I.
Speaker 7: Like two or three times I'm supposed to cut the grass, and it's been like two or three weeks now. Yeah, and I haven't touched like the weed whacker or anything. So anyway, the point is that I come home from work and I see one of my neighbors in my backyard finishing up all the art work, you know, and right away I'm like a little thrown off. So at first, at first actually I was like, ah, cool, okay, we got help. But then I was like, wait a minute, why why is my neighbor, you know, finishing off my yard work of my home? And I mean, what's the alter ulterior motive? You know? Is it just a nice gesture or is the move my wife?
Speaker 3: You know, I love the two polar opposite.
Speaker 1: There's no okay, trying to sleep with your wife where he's just a nice person.
Speaker 3: Let me really think.
Speaker 7: About that, because I want to know what's happening, because I'm mute to the city and I know people in the Midwest an nights.
Speaker 3: But it's just kind of like, oh, you're.
Speaker 2: I mean, what did your wife say? Did you, like, are they friends? Do they are you guys? Like, I don't know. You said you're newer, But like, how did he even did he just come over.
Speaker 7: And say, hey, my wife doesn't think it's a big deal, And he found her number on the neighborhood like directory.
Speaker 4: And texted her weird that he want to find your number. First of all, that is kind of I don't want to.
Speaker 7: I don't know what. I don't want to play anything like the neighborhood thing.
Speaker 1: I actually agree with that because the like, at least if it's similar to my neighborhood, there is a directory both people or all the people that are adults that live in the house.
Speaker 2: They have their name and number on there.
Speaker 1: So I have a hard time believing my neighbor if there was a yard issue, he would text me about it and not jig well, just out.
Speaker 3: Of respect too of right, like, yeah, so that's weird.
Speaker 1: That is what. Now that shifts me a little bit. I thought, Oh, he's just a nice Minnesota guy. He doesn't want like a trash yard next to it.
Speaker 4: And also it kind of undermines your masculinity was in a way, like I can't imagine like you pulling up after where and then your wife's like, oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm also making it worse in my head, tood, I'm imagining she's like in a bikini and she's like massaging his shoulders giving him lemonade, which I'm guessing didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Was was she in the yard like chatting with him?
Speaker 7: And fortunately no, Okay, well, then your wife's chill. I just don't know, Like, would it be strange if my wife came home from work and I was next door helping the neighbor cook her cook dinner.
Speaker 2: Why do we got to assume gender norms is that she's cooking dinner?
Speaker 5: But that would that.
Speaker 3: Would be weird.
Speaker 4: I can tell you right now if I was in my neighbor's house cooking, cooking dinner for my neighbor my wife.
Speaker 3: But I'm a real is I'm probably I think you are.
Speaker 1: But you know what, Let's let's just test it out. Let's just check in if you're listening. Is Todd overreacting or is he on to something?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: You can call him six five one nine eight nine KATIEWB, or you can text in five three nine two one KATIEWB one Todd.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're looking to be extra paranoid, I'd say keep your radio on. Probably okay, Stalin and Colts on one on one point three kd WB. We do have a bunch of people on hold. Because you're just talking to a guy and he comes home and the neighbor is helping out with yardwork.
Speaker 2: He's like, wait a minute, this guy trying to hook up with my wife? Like, why did he? What is going on here?
Speaker 1: It's a wild take, but some people are crazy and that's where their mind goes. So we're gonna take your calls when we come back. We'll also do normal or nope. In like four minutes on katiewb Stalin and Colta on one on one point three, KATWB Todd calls. He's like, I'm new to the area. I've been like so busy with work. I'm admittedly been slacking on my yard work. But I get home and the neighbor is out there doing it and I'm like, what the hell?
Speaker 2: What is up with this guy? Is he trying to get with my wife?
Speaker 3: Colons right, she did.
Speaker 1: But the one thing I will say is the guy said he went. I was like, how do you even get her contact?
Speaker 3: He just walk over.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, he called her and said can I come over and do this?
Speaker 1: Because he got her number and texted her from like their neighborhood directory. It's a little odd he wouldn't just maybe out of respect text the husband. However, that doesn't mean he's a creek. Yeah, we don't know this, So we're getting your thoughts on it, if you think there's something suspicious going on here. I feel like he should be watching over his shoulder, probably like a door cam out, you know.
Speaker 3: And you can't just say do you want to hook up my wife? Because that's weird?
Speaker 2: Right, that's right, you can't. You cannot do that.
Speaker 3: That's really fronted.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, so uh, Katie w B.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think men will do anything to use their lawn equipment and very possible, that's true. Do you think it's weird he contacted the wife though, and not the husband.
Speaker 5: No, he probably sees that the.
Speaker 6: Wife's home all the time and the husband's never hal, but he does notice the wife home all the time.
Speaker 2: I'm right down.
Speaker 3: Kidding.
Speaker 2: I think it's a valid point. Thank you for calling. You're welcome, Hi, kat w B. What do you think?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, the guys probably just tired of looking at his yard.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think people are going to do that at my house at some point, and we've been so we did not hire a lawn crew this year, and it is very evident and I'm like, I'm waiting to get in trouble by ho a or for the neighbors to be like, hey, you need some help, So I kind of get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what neighbors do up here, you know.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Oh, the very good point, exactly exactly. Thank you for calling. Hi, Katy w B. What do you think?
Speaker 7: Uh, well, I love more.
Speaker 6: In my yard, and I love snowblow on our driveway and sometimes when the snowblowers fired up, I just bounce around and do the neighbor's driveways.
Speaker 2: What metro you living? You want to come out to the West Side.
Speaker 4: And have a girl out, I'm on the webs side, which which city.
Speaker 1: A little too far for you probably if you want to come to Minatrista one day because you're bored, I'm.
Speaker 3: Waiting for you, just snowblow a path.
Speaker 2: That's true though, that you're a good neighbor. God, they're lucky to have you.
Speaker 6: Well, I kind of think that might be what's going on next door, but you never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Hi, Katy w B.
Speaker 6: What do you think I was listening to it? I think it's definitely kind of weird, definitely kind of weird to keep an eye on. Yeah, to disrespect to the guy in the first place, where I call him, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean yeah, yeah, and that's that's the one thing that kind of hung me up, is like I don't know, like I would prefer like man, the man, you know you hit me up instead of the wife.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, something to definitely keep an eye I could see either way. But it could just be a nice guy. But in that situation, yeah, if you don't know him too well, just something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Okay, thank you for calling.
Speaker 1: That's the first person who's admitted it might be a little suss, so we appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Not a problem.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, kat w B.
Speaker 1: What do you think? I think?
Speaker 7: I wonder if any of the guard work was.
Speaker 2: Actually done or not done?
Speaker 1: You didn't really, I don't know if you said that.
Speaker 3: No, I think it was. I think it was pretty completed.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's a full yard.
Speaker 5: A nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like it could be.
Speaker 3: Flip flop. I don't know, you're still cold.
Speaker 2: Is still like he can't decide?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, thank you for calling.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're a new normal or not, and we always take your submissions. You can always email them Fallon at KTIWB. Dot com or text in five three nine two one KTWB one Normal or nope is kind of like is it normal that I, you know, brush my teeth on a toilet? Normal or notpe But this one I think will trigger people. It has to do with LinkedIn. I never thought about this before, but one of us in this room has a very strong opinion.
Speaker 2: Normal or nope. In five minutes, what normal or nope?
Speaker 3: On one one point three KTWB all.
Speaker 2: Right, normal or nope.
Speaker 1: You can always submit yours at five three ninety two to one KATIEWB one. But we have some one that's maybe a little triggery today, which we'll get two in one second.
Speaker 2: First, normal or note?
Speaker 1: Having a favorite earbud at work, I listen with only one earbud and find myself preferring to use the right one over the left.
Speaker 2: No idea why normal or note?
Speaker 4: I mean that just seems like something's bag and happen to your ear, Like I just feel like that's a nope, right, I don't do that. I don't discriminate ears.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't use earbuds because I think I've shared this before.
Speaker 2: They don't stick in my sweaty.
Speaker 1: Ears flex it's not a flex. I use the wire ones, and I think it. Actually sometimes I think people judge me when they see me wearing the wire ones.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, she can't afford earbuds, and I'm like, no, I have weird ear holes.
Speaker 3: Or you're just trying to be different and unique using the wires.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, my old coworker accused me of using the wire ones because because they have better sound.
Speaker 2: He's like, you just us those because they have better like they pick up the audio better.
Speaker 3: It's like, that is not why it's a weird thing to be hung up on. Anyways, they just have phones. Who cares?
Speaker 1: I know, there's so much that goes into it though, apparently Okay, normal or nope.
Speaker 2: Using a different toothpaste for the morning and night.
Speaker 1: In the morning, I like a mintie breath for the day, and at night I like a strong whitening toothpaste to clean them really well after a hard day of drinking coffee and snacking. I know it's boring, but I swear this is logical and I cannot be alone.
Speaker 3: Normal or no, they use the fruity at night.
Speaker 2: No, she's like a teeth whitening Okay, yeah, that's a nope.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's just weird.
Speaker 2: You're a psycho spensive.
Speaker 1: This is expensive if you SENSI dine because I have really sensitive teeth, how sensitive, like pretty sensitive. I can't use like whitening strips because it makes my teeth hurt.
Speaker 3: Can you drink cold water?
Speaker 2: Hot water?
Speaker 1: I don't drink hot water because I think that that's crazy people who drink hot liquids. Why are you just trying to burn your mouth? That's a great point, am coffee year round? Do you just feel so good cold Minnesota? You can actually feel it in your body though. When it's all warm, you sip in and like regenerates your body. I can feel the cold going down my tubes into my body and it feels like my chest a cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a cool feeling.
Speaker 3: So not normal.
Speaker 1: Nope, no, I would say, nope, all right, here we go. Here's the trigger one.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: This is let me finish the full thing, because they this person is so mad normal or hard blanking note all right? Posting ultrasounds on LinkedIn. I get people are happy when they've conceived, and I know some people struggle. Many people I know have, but LinkedIn is a professional networking site. I don't need to see a photo of the inside of your womb. Thanks normal or nope, colp, I think, no, no, no, don't be your little gentle boy. So when you were texting me about this, you were crazy. Okaycuit just here we go in five four three two unload.
Speaker 3: That's a blank in. No, that's a big old no. And listen, I'm not saying I love. I am so excited about my kids.
Speaker 4: I was excited to post on Instagram whatever on Instagram, not on LinkedIn. The most annoying thing is when you go on LinkedIn and someone's like, guys, I just got married.
Speaker 3: Cool, this is LinkedIn. What are you doing? Oh my gosh, guys, I just adopted this dog. Find a friend. I mean, what do we are we just fishing for likes on LinkedIn? I mean, what is that? What is Oh my god? Guys? Starbucks is back with air new fall line. Who cares? This is a job site? Like, what do we are you talking about? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I just found out the sex of my baby.
Speaker 3: Awesome, have a baby shower with people who care? Like, why would you?
Speaker 4: There's so many sites where it's like, how much validation do you actually need?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 2: My dad on twenty three and me.
Speaker 4: Good for you, wish you the worst of luck because you just told me about it on LinkedIn. Like I get, there's there's platforms for that. Why it's so annoying, Like I don't just what do we We're just farming for likes?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Is that what we're doing?
Speaker 2: We are as a society, I think, But I also feel bad, But do.
Speaker 3: You need that much validation because it seems like.
Speaker 2: You don't have I thought you need to even have a LinkedIn account.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely not getting one out.
Speaker 4: Well, there's radio platforms where people will, like you know, share things and concepts, and then there's.
Speaker 1: Gets so triggered. He literally I won't even share what made you mad? The other day someone posted there's like there are there's a radio forum where they share ideas and people will share everything. They'll share like successes, losses. But the idea of this is like to share ideas. Yeah, and I never really thought about it doesn't bother me, but I learned this week that it triggers cult when people share personal failures or successes or heartbreaks.
Speaker 3: Or the annoying ones.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure this is on LinkedIn too, when they're like, hey, guys, here's how I got a cardboard cut out of myself. But they're just sharing it to tell you that they got a cardboard you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: To be fair, I've I've done a couple of those, not on LinkedIn.
Speaker 2: I don't really post the other day.
Speaker 3: I actually the difference is you have credibility.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm down, thank you and thank you.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, here we go.
Speaker 1: We'll do one more as we're going, and tell Doci here all right. I feel like I would say, Doc douci well, Doci normal or nope.
Speaker 2: I have to know if anyone else does this.
Speaker 1: My husband choose ice cream with his back teeth like he scoops up a spoonful of hard ice cream, then bites it in half with his front teeth and moves it to his back teeth and choose it like a sandwich. Someone please confirm that this is indeed serial killer behavior. That is so weird that I'm really an ice cream chewer anyway, I'm a liquor.
Speaker 3: That somehow it's made it worse. I don't know you don't lick it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I lick it, melt it, it's gone.
Speaker 7: What sme?
Speaker 2: Every good girl, he's a little dumb.
Speaker 3: Every black would it's the pop Culture Minute with Selan and cult on one on one point three jd w B.
Speaker 1: I mean Arscelena Gomez and Benny Blanco engaged, That's what it kind of looks like.
Speaker 2: She posted thank you I needed that.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, your pop Culture Minute brought to you by Ovo Lasigan Lynz. But she did post a photo of her and she looks lovely. But she put little heart emojis over her hand, a little ring finger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over the ring fingers. We were like, oh, she's covering up her ring. It's very obvious.
Speaker 1: I would not be surprised if they are engaged. Why not sometimes when you know, you know, she seems very happy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, at their wedding.
Speaker 4: It would be so crazy if you were just a cousin and you showed up and Taylor Swift there, yeah, Benny Blanco.
Speaker 3: Who else is in the Taylor Swift, Blake Lively, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know Blake Lively would be there.
Speaker 1: She's Taylor, so I don't know if she's friends with Selena probably, I don't know why not. Yeah, i'd go, of course, you would go, what what kind of statement is that you would not be invited?
Speaker 3: But what do you bring as a gift?
Speaker 1: I think they're normal people, so I would get them a gift card to target, just a toaster. No, I would let them pick what they want. I would give them a gift card to target.
Speaker 3: Or do they have you would you would get you would literally get her a gift.
Speaker 2: Card to Target for one hundred and fifty dollars. Dude, No, it's not.
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifty dollars for Selena Gomes. It's targeted.
Speaker 1: If they didn't if they did not have a honeymoon fund where you contribute to their honeymoon fund.
Speaker 3: Dude, attack keepers of all. I'd be so amazing drink in Hawaii. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Most celebrities do that lame thing, which isn't lame at all, but where it's like, don't bring gifts, just don it to our favorite charity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lame charity. That's what bounce us. They do that lame thing.
Speaker 1: They help people, but here's why, here's why I question it, because half the time it's like their foundation and half the time you find out about celebrities foundations never giving money to the actual cause.
Speaker 3: We didn't happen to Brett barb or something. Do you remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't really follow out of Brett bark news, but yes, I do remember something like that. So, Ariana Grande's the latest episode of The Hot Ones, and I haven't watched any of it yet, but she did say that when people leak her music, which they've leaked in before hackers, she said she has really mixed feelings because it's very dehumanizing for someone to do that. She says it's crushing not being able to drop music on her own terms. On the flip Flip side, she tried to spend it positively, likening the leaks to a weird kind of gratitude for fans wanting her music so badly that they would go to.
Speaker 2: Extremes to get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it's like, I mean, that's a nice way to look at it, but I'd be really mad if I spent a lot of time working on something and people just leaked it, yeah, free, It'd be very very very very very very upset. So Yeah, Also, we have a few more details on oh in case you were wondering, Noah Lyle's one bronze and the two hundred meter despite COVID.
Speaker 2: I know you're trying to keep updates on him, give it, which is weird that.
Speaker 3: They let him compete with COVID. I don't know. That doesn't make I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't care up with that.
Speaker 1: Really, I've fallen off a little bit off of the Olympics due to like the gymnastics not being the top spot, which is so rude because there's so many other great athletes. Like it's funny because everyone was talking about the gymnastic gymnasts and gymnastics and stuff.
Speaker 2: But like Colt, my husband had been talking about the men running and I.
Speaker 3: Said, even the women's Gabby Thomas, did you see her run? Dude crazy? I don't sound legs.
Speaker 1: So quickly I saw like the creepy videos of like the girls who do like the long jump, and then being like my new because it's like slow mo and the girls are wearing like booty shorts.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, get help.
Speaker 1: But there are updates on everything going on with Taylor Swift, her shows in Vienna being canceled. We talked about that yesterday they found two people. It's a fifteen year old, nineteen year old. They were arrested. Basically they were it appears that it was going to be a terror attack and they had concerns. So now they have like a whole of Europe, they say, on high alert with concerned ISIS is using Austria as an operational area because they found in this nineteen year old home a barrel of hydrogen and peroxide used in makeshift explosives. He allegedly downloaded bomb making instructions, so it's further evidence that this was like an amateur attempt. One of them had just gotten a job at the concert venue like a week or two ago, so they would like have some inside knowledge and things. Yeah, so super super super sketchy. They found twenty one thousand euros in counterfeit cash. So anyway, she canceled those shows, but apparently she's still proceeding with her shows in London. She has like five of those coming up, her last shows of the Ariostoury.
Speaker 2: They're going to beef up.
Speaker 1: Security, which I would hope so, but I think that a lot of people are going to be a little worried about going to those I mean, I know I would be obviously very scary things happened recently also at that Taylor Swift party with children. It's it's very very weird what's going on right now. So hopefully that everyone will stay safe at those last few shows.
Speaker 2: And that is your pop culture minute.
Speaker 1: It's brought to you by Ovo Lacing, and then you can find them at ov oi dot com. Unsung heroes. These aren't actual people. These aren't teachers, they aren't firefighters.
Speaker 2: These are like the little things.
Speaker 3: And let me be a hero.
Speaker 1: Blocker that cults on one on one point three ktiew. You be shouting out unsung heroes today. These are not actual heroes like our teachers and our I don't know nurses and healthcare workers and your mom, not none of those.
Speaker 4: These are things like I want to shout out the venue machine when it gives you two of something when you only paid for one.
Speaker 3: Fuck heel hero babe.
Speaker 1: I have wide set feet and finding a shoe that doesn't squish my feet in is it's hard, and so I'd like to shout out the unsung hero Birkenstocks made for a wide set soul insult.
Speaker 4: Luck, heel hero babe, just a big shout out really too black shirts for making me look skinnier than I actually amuck.
Speaker 3: Hero, Babe.
Speaker 1: We got this text at five three nine two one, KATIEWB one. My hero is the jump to recipe button on Pinterest, skipping all the family stories and how I got to this recipe.
Speaker 2: I don't care about your aunt and.
Speaker 3: A game seven years.
Speaker 2: Shut up, tell me what ingredients I need.
Speaker 4: Damn hey, shout out to my dog for being a floor vacuum from my car. New Percy's got that gut biome. Take anything we're.
Speaker 2: Looking for yours.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to give a shout out to your unsung hero, you can call us at six five one nine eight nine Katie w B. Or text in five three nine two one Katie w B one. If you're listening on the iHeartRadio, I can you lit'll talk back. There's a record button you can record a message there. Boom, shut up, it's bounding gault on one oh one point three, Katie w B. I love that if you listen to us, it appears that you have the same sense of humor, and that just like brings me joy so good because cold makes me laugh every single day. But you you do as well, and it's just so glorious. So we're doing unsung heroes. These are not real heroes, not our teachers, not our veterans, not the amazing real heroes.
Speaker 2: These are like kind of funny, okay, So here we go.
Speaker 1: Text at five three nine two one KDW one shut out to the video playback speed settings. I'm here for getting to the point in half the time. That is my unsung hero.
Speaker 3: Fuck hebe.
Speaker 1: That mid flavored vape I bought six months ago that I kept as backup in my nightstand, and now I need it.
Speaker 2: Hard eye emoji.
Speaker 3: You can't have a for you. You can have a fallback device right next to your head.
Speaker 2: It's right there.
Speaker 3: It's too accessible. You gotta bury it at least.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, like you have to solve a Rubik's cube to get to it.
Speaker 3: Kind of thing, you know.
Speaker 1: Mede shout out to my dry shampoo intended moisturize moisturizer so I can fake my way through meet the teacher at my kid's school in one hundred and seven degree weather tonight.
Speaker 2: That's from Darcy e Blockel. He babe, my unsung hero.
Speaker 1: On text line five three nine two one Mary Jane, thanks for keeping me sane when it seems impossible lol laugh cry emoji face, and thanks Minnesota for finally legalizing it. About damn time.
Speaker 3: Lock, he babe.
Speaker 2: Shout out to my mom for scheduling my haircut appointment for me this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's incredible block.
Speaker 7: Heel babe.
Speaker 1: This one is a There are two dream boss situations. My unsung hero is when my boss leaves work early, therefore I leave work early right after him. He would be so afraid you told time that so perfectly, so you wouldn't like pull up next and want to stop light or something.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, wait, wait, what what are you doing?
Speaker 2: This says uh.
Speaker 1: My unsung hero is my boss who made it a rule there are no meetings on Fridays.
Speaker 3: WHOA, that is a.
Speaker 2: Real right there, heel hero babe.
Speaker 1: This one was just right to the point. My unsung hero is my car for still running. Oh you don't have one, cult, well, my wife is a car.
Speaker 7: He hero babe.
Speaker 1: As someone who makes a lot of calls for work. This is on the text line. My heroes are the people who don't pick up he babe.
Speaker 2: We have someone on the phone, Katie W who is your unsung hero.
Speaker 5: And orange creamsicles down an incredible tonight.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm doing, you said, because you're pregnant. So your unsung heroes, Orange dreamsickles, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, beautiful? How far along are you?
Speaker 5: Do you have?
Speaker 2: You had a lot of cravings.
Speaker 1: We're lots of that.
Speaker 3: You know, it's weird.
Speaker 1: My first eighteen weeks all I wanted was fruit. My aversions were everything except for fruit.
Speaker 3: You have a healthy while pregnant because it flipped.
Speaker 2: After yeah, eighteen weeks. But yeah, well, congratulations, enjoy your dream sickles.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Here we go a couple more texts for unsung heroes. Shout out to my arm and hammer body powder. Thanks for making my swass less stinky.
Speaker 3: Oh you can do that, doesn't it just clump though? Fluck heal baby, and I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Don't be concerned, baby, Just try it on your own.
Speaker 1: See what you think. My unsung hero is the packing tape. Thank you so much for keeping my side mirror attached to the rest of my car.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, notingal tape.
Speaker 1: Shout out to business Travel for getting my husband out of the house so I can sneak in all my unnecessary purchases.
Speaker 3: That's just unhealthy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do one more before we get into came round and Marshmallow on Katie w B. Unsung Heroes shout out to tanning bedstickers, especially the Playboy Bunny ones. If you find yourself discovering a pasty white Playboy Bunny or Nautical Star on someone you're about to hook up with, that is a red flag run. And if you are someone who still uses the stickers, don't lie to yourself.
Speaker 3: You know you got.
Speaker 1: Lots and lots of red flags locked. Cut some parts out of that one last minute, if you understand. Thank you to all of our unsung heroes and all that you do.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 1: I KDWBB, we're gonna come out with throwback throw Down in six minutes.
Speaker 3: Turn up. It's a throwback throw down, thro throw throw Down.
Speaker 7: Take you back to the old school.
Speaker 5: Kd w B.
Speaker 1: All right, we each picked a throwback song and you vote on the one we play. Now. I thought you were choosing Justin Bieber and you're like, no, I'm not choosing that this week, And I was like okay, And then I was worried when we even have my song on the system because she is old now.
Speaker 2: But I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 2: Would you like to go first?
Speaker 3: Would you like me to go first?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: My song this week is a classic Spice Girls song not want to be not too will become one?
Speaker 2: But say you'll be there?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Not bad?
Speaker 6: Not bad?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much? Okay, what's your choice this week?
Speaker 3: My choice is a lot better than yours, no question.
Speaker 1: That's blast would be to claim this is better than the spy.
Speaker 3: S Girls see you don't hate me?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: All right? That was no one needed up Here we go. You choose.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear that song people forgot about? Or Spy's Girls say you'll be there?
Speaker 3: Not except as slander.
Speaker 2: Millennials, please step up. The number to call. The vote is six, five, one, eight nine Katie w B. The first of three votes, we play the song.
Speaker 3: Kat w all right.
Speaker 2: We each picked a throwback song.
Speaker 1: You decide on the one we play the first of three votes win Here it wins.
Speaker 2: Here is the song that I chose.
Speaker 1: Its Spice Girls say over there, amazing, I better get all the millennial woman of the Twin Cities calling in.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying okay, cult, what's your song?
Speaker 3: My song is I don't know? Question?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take it to the phones, baby, Okay.
Speaker 3: First of three votes wins, right, is that what we're doing?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, okay, that's a clear winner for me.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: What you got?
Speaker 3: Who is it? Fallon or Colts?
Speaker 5: Fallen Acord?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Last, miss Listen. I'm not gonna judge you for it. I understand everybody canna have a good taste. It's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you would judge her. Girls will always win, says you.
Speaker 3: Hey, Katie w B, who are you voting for?
Speaker 7: I'd love to vote for Fallon?
Speaker 6: Yes, so.
Speaker 3: Many people making so many bad decisions.
Speaker 2: Then you shaving your head?
Speaker 3: That is true. I do kind of look like a potato with eyes. Hello, Katie WDB, who are you voting for?
Speaker 1: Obviously the girl?
Speaker 3: What is happening?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Natalie.
Speaker 3: Natalie.
Speaker 7: Look, I have four sisters and five girls.
Speaker 2: We were this spice girl growing.
Speaker 7: Up, so yeah, go a spice girl.
Speaker 2: Wait which spice girl were you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Okay, we did a picture and they made me cherry spice and I'm like so white and whatever.
Speaker 6: But it's good.
Speaker 2: It is good.
Speaker 1: I was always posh. Jenny from the Morning show was always baby, so you know we all related.
Speaker 2: To a spice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much. You were the deciding vote. So we are going to play spice girls. Say you'll be there on Katie w B.
Speaker 2: I will be turning it up wounds, good bye. You're not going to believe this. It's the Secret Story of the Week with Allan and.
Speaker 3: Colt on one Katie w B. Well, scandalous this week.
Speaker 1: I think last week, by the way, it was a story regarding a grandma.
Speaker 3: So I love it, really, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think it inspired this person because yeah, I remember they as a child found five things in the grandma's bedside table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that's why they were like my grandma.
Speaker 2: Not that though.
Speaker 4: When I was a young and dumb teenager, I did my grandma a little dirty. She used to smoke cigarettes all the time. I would take them throw them away. She would go looking for them and and I'd tell her I threw them away for her own good. Except I didn't throw them away, I stole them. I would pocket the pack of SIGs, take them to my house and chain smoke them in the woods alone, like the trashy child. I was, Oh my god, I feel bad stealing from my grandma, making her feel bad about her choices, and then turning around to do the same thing with her supply.
Speaker 3: Sorry, grandma, stop, hope heaven is good. Rip you goat.
Speaker 2: Listen. There's a lot to that.
Speaker 1: First of all, if you want to trigger a smoker, destroy their cigarettes.
Speaker 2: They are not cheap. Okay, not cheap.
Speaker 4: Now, one time, we my siblings and are we actually played a prank on our uncle and we took his entire car like cartridge is what they call it, like the eleven pack at.
Speaker 3: A carton, a carton. They took a cartridge, a cart like a Costco size cart and and we hit it and he got so mad. It was like, I'm about to sacrifice.
Speaker 2: One of us, this kid.
Speaker 6: I want.
Speaker 2: Did she say how old she was when she was out there chained smoking in the woods.
Speaker 3: Like a little delinquent dumb teenagers?
Speaker 2: A teenager? All right?
Speaker 3: That yeah, not great?
Speaker 2: But yeah anyway, but.
Speaker 4: They do say smokers, you're more apt to smoke if your parent is a smoker or somebody around all the time.
Speaker 2: Smoke really because I could not disagree with that more.
Speaker 1: Really, growing up with smokers, you don't want to be a smoker, it's so you. Oh really, I just watched how it took over my parents lives in every way, from my clothes stinking like smoke ye, to the walls they were supposed to be white, they're like yellow. Oh yeah, but their teeth, to their horrible hacking, to knowing what it causes and everything about it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't want to be a smoker because of my parents.
Speaker 4: That's interesting because my mom didn't smoke, but then I started smoking as a teenager, but then I quit when I was eighteen.
Speaker 1: That's because you needed an outlet from that upbringing. You needed something to take the edge off. And honest, I don't blame me.
Speaker 4: I was a worker on Wall Street when I was like thirty, like a thirty five year old work stress load, and that's what I wasn't like fifteen.
Speaker 2: I know, I know you really were. Should we could laugh about it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You have to.
Speaker 1: Uh, if you ever have a Secret of the week, we won't reveal your identity.
Speaker 2: We'll try to judge you too hard.
Speaker 1: You can email it to fallon fa l e n at KDWB dot com.
Speaker 3: Today's trending with Fellon and Colt on one on one k.
Speaker 1: W all right, it's brought to you by nikolay Law dot com. So Steve Martin said that he was asked to portray Tim Walls on SNL. He said, Lorne Michaels himself called him and he was like, no, I don't do like impressions. He was like, you only want me because I have gray hair that I don't even know. I'm not doing it because you know, Maya Ruotolf will most likely come back to be Kamala Harris. That's a huge thing they do on SNL. They have people imitate politicians, so they haven't mentioned who they'll go to for JD.
Speaker 2: Vans.
Speaker 1: I think actually Colin Jost would be good, but he probably because he has that kind of same vibe to him.
Speaker 3: But he's in Tahiti right now with a lot of injuries, so that he'll.
Speaker 1: Be back from the Olympics by the time SNL premieres in like September.
Speaker 3: We'll leave him there. Who will no, hopefully not.
Speaker 1: Also McDonald's they have these lovely little cups coming back there like Collector's additions. So you can get these special team meals and you can check them out. They have cool themes like Beanie Baby, so they're kind of nostalgia one of a kind collector's cups if you want to check those out. And that's about it for my training. Do you have anything you would like to add Cold? This is your chance, this is your moment.
Speaker 4: I would just like to say, relax your shoulders, breathe a little bit, everything, everything, everything, stop breathing. Everything's gonna be okay, It's all gonna work out, or maybe it won't. Maybe a I would take all for jobs, will be homeless in like three years. Who knows, I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: Can I breathe now? You can breathe now, katiewb.
Speaker 2: So that's your trending.
Speaker 1: This is your Falin and cold, Stalin and cult on one O one point three, katiewb.
Speaker 2: I like lists like this.
Speaker 1: This came from BuzzFeed. Eight tips from productive people that can help you focus.
Speaker 3: Oh great, let's hear the ones I'm not going to use ever, even though your about to help me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so just take five minutes at night and make it to do a list for the next day. Then that like start with a few easy things to keep yourself motivated, So like, get yourself coffee shit easy, so go pete check, and then you start putting some things that.
Speaker 2: Are actually important.
Speaker 3: I feel like activated, I think so. Number two.
Speaker 1: Maintain a clean workspace and organize it so everything you need is with an arm's length, except maybe your phone.
Speaker 2: If your phone.
Speaker 1: Distracts you a lot, keep that a little farther away. Number three, these are things that will help productive people from productive people. Tips to keep you focused. Use a notepad to jot down reminders and other random stuff. Don't let those things sidetrack you when you're trying to focus on something. Just write them down so you can come back to them after. I've also heard writing things down is better for retention than like typing them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because writing takes so long.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm big on a note app, but I hear like writing things down art people suggest that for lots of things, like even like setting your intentions for your life. It's like if you're more likely to do it if you're writing it down or something That's true.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of things that I write down from time to time, and I try to attain loud of them.
Speaker 2: Like how much you want to kill me? Like I hate that and I hate baden?
Speaker 3: Why do I get rid of foul and a short story?
Speaker 1: Start your day with a brisk twenty minute walk. It sharpens your mind without tiring you out. It shouldn't be this hard, right, Make sleep a real priority. More ram sleep, tense equal better focus. Play music when you're doing chores so you can finish a project before a song ends.
Speaker 3: It's a lot, I mean, don't oh read it.
Speaker 1: Breakfast and lunch well counts us out? Today we went harder rojo, eat well, just not so much and make you sleepy. In the last one adds I think I think your husband and I are. I think something's happening.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: One one point three? Casey's able to be a founding cold this are I just think that if you were to look at our dms, do I want to? And if you were to take away this stuff we send each other and just the replies to what we send would be so sensual.
Speaker 3: But it's all food videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's going to be.
Speaker 1: It's just like Apple crisp or like the only thing that inspired like triggers Jake in like a good way, like just sets him off, is what I bring up. I'm like, oh, I found this recipe for this girl I want to make you for your birthday. He's like, it's her name, blah blah. He knows like all the big chef's names, not chefs like like not famous chefs like Gordon Ramsay, like Instagram.
Speaker 2: Bakers and chefs.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he always has a comment as to how he would enhance whatever I sai him. Like yesterday I sent him this like apple cinnamon roll thin. He was like, I like it, but just a little more maple drizzle it would be perfect.
Speaker 7: He does.
Speaker 2: He loves doing that. Oh man, now I'm hungry. You better have dinner ready when I get home.
Speaker 3: Yea for really speaking about that. Have a wonderful night, Thanks to you by