Speaker 1: I have found the greatest cheese it'd have ever.
Speaker 2: It is so good. I got it at a Brazilian steakhouse. All of a sudden, the cheese got rolled up. All he had was this cheese. I'm like, dude, this is better than the steak. And then I found it online. And now the frogs are disappearing.
Speaker 3: All right, w etic with I'll show you gone ruling it be exactly with similar sweep of sewing it Tom hold out shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 4: Kid, Now what chilling at day Eagle? Yeah, we doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a golf status. Howard starting to get cratic, shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Tune in, zone out, crank it up, beat the habit I won. I hang out with her friends, rocking it on the Lady my own moist kid on her radio.
Speaker 3: It's time.
Speaker 2: All baby baby Ktsina.
Speaker 5: All up on radio.
Speaker 2: Yes, Happy Thursday, everybody. It's a world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for making the Ben and Skin Show apart of your daily routine. I'm Ben Rogers. Joe by Jeff Skan Wade, Kevin KT Turner, Christina Kray a little baby corn bread Ray?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: Wait what did you say, Kitty? Hi?
Speaker 1: So I was setting her up to go high pitch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go low? She goes, Hi, I've got some time to kill after the show, but you do, man. So my wife and my wife she went to she drove back to Tuscaloosa with my son. He's going back. He's going to be there for three straight weeks and then he's going to return home and finish up, finish up summer here with us. But he's moving out of He lived in a dorm. And when I dropped him off at his dorm us here, when my wife and I did, I felt so bad for him. I was like, man, this sucks. The smallest room I've ever seen. And he's living in a dorm and it was a dorm room, that was a dorm suite, okay. And he was gonna be living with three complete strangers. So he left living with us in our house his whole life to go live in a dorm in Tuscaloosa in a room the side of a shoe box with three complete strangers.
Speaker 1: That's That's most storms nowadays, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's how you and t was too. Yeah, yeah, they And then there's like a suite like a like a bathroom for all on different sides. There's two guys, one room for me, that's what it was for me too, that's not what everyone right too. And then just one community bathroom down show dude. Yeah, so that's what it was for us. And the seedious things happening in that bathroom really. Oh yes, like what well, so here's a great thing. Here's a great thing about Jester Eastah. I lived at ut Floor seven was a male floor. Floor six was a female floor, and the only thing that separated it was the elevator.
Speaker 1: So it was basically co ed dorms.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, I mean you know, once you have eighteen to nineteen year olds out of the house for the first time, all living like one floor apart, it's anything goes and they're all on vacation. They're all on paid vacation to go to college. I remember I was thinking about the room. Okay, so the room that I lived in, and I knew my roommate. He didn't go to high school with us, but I went to junior hiving. This dude, Stacey, So Our dorm room was about two thirds the size of this studio room. But I remember thinking it was the greatest place I'd ever been in my life, because it wasn't in my parents' house, right, like you're on freedom Oh man, Well he was. He was living in that dump, and I felt so bad for him. We dropped him off and then drove nine and a half hours away and left him there alone. But he had an awesome semester some year rather and he's doing great. And so anyways, he's he's moving into a house with three buddies now, and so this house is really nice, and so my wife went to go up there and get him situated in his new house and all that.
Speaker 1: Her flight gets back in town tonight at nine thirty.
Speaker 2: It's not really convenient for me, right because she's flying into levet Field and we live in Salina. Oh you got to pick her up, So I got to pick her up. We don't have to, and so I have to at some point tonight I will have to go to love Field Airport. And so we record at the iHeart Studios here at the toll Wade six thirty five. So I've got some I want to present you guys with the options of what I might do with this free time. I like this. Okay, I could go ahead and drive home, but that's going to be forty five minutes each way, forty five minutes home and then an hour to love Field. So that's going to be an if I go home to Salina. This is what I'm always faced with, right, because I'm I live nowhere near anything, and so I could Option one, I just drive home and do a bunch of driving tonight, right yep. Option two. And by the way, if I go home, I have some wars going on. Okay, Okay, I have a war going on with some birds, other ones that won't swallow. There's swallows in the front and there's dove in the back. I think they're due. I don't know if they kind of look like pigeons. That's the bird. I got a lot of bird problems. So I'll be at war with birds, yep. I'll be at war with my seventeen year old who doesn't want to get a summer job. Yep. And I've given him the countdown. I've like, you've got ten days to get a job, or I take away your car and your computer. Good job, A sco he's doing nothing about it, so it's just days are just passing by and he's not even looking.
Speaker 1: I'd like to make an offer on this, Okay, you can.
Speaker 2: I'm at war with my daughter who loves hanging out with one of her best friends who has a twin brother. So there's always boys her age around every time my daughter is so I'm not really at war with her. I'm just with war with the fact that her friend as a twin So all that's waiting for me at home? Or I could go watch Mission Impossible again. No, dude, just branch out. We can watch something else here. Why Christina, why are you laughing?
Speaker 7: Because I haven't even seen it once yet, and you're like, I could go watch Mission Impossible again.
Speaker 2: I have a question.
Speaker 7: I kind of seen it three times already, right, I mean you have no Betty.
Speaker 2: Times have you seen mische Well, I've only technically seen it once. That was the early sneak preview that none of you guys would go to with me. Why would immediately? Why wouldn't you? Okay, why would you choose that over friendship just because it's a better movie? Wow? I disagree with it. I mean, friendship is awesome, But you could watch it on your phone if you If you want to really go get the full studio experience, you go get the Dolby THHX around sound. You go get Tom f and Cruise. I can't tell you how many times a day some dumb scene from Friendship pops. That's what it's like. If you watch, I think you should leave. Like the movie sucks compared to the show. The show is significantly better than the movie. Movie is great, but it's like, that's what we've been trying to say to you for years. That show is so good, right.
Speaker 1: I've probably seen six episodes of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's funny.
Speaker 8: Yeah, London, you could go see the Phoenician Scheme. Is that out yet tomorrow? But no, then you can't go see it. A lot of theaters really comes out on Thursday. Oh yeah, so it's out the release States tomorrow, but you can go see it today where. Uh, well, you could go to the village on the Parkway nine right there in Addison, Dude, go see it out there by the Pluckers. You like Wes Anderson, you can go see a Ballerina, the John Wick prequel on Armos.
Speaker 2: I understand why they turned that whole thing into Fast and Furious. They don't need to keep making those.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're well, it's gonna be about her now, and she's gonna do this for some times. You know, she's been hanging around with No yeah one Tomas Cruise.
Speaker 2: Oh it's I'm promoting her movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they've been holding hands and Okay, damn well he may have gotten out. Okay, as invite talked to Katie Holmes recently. No, no, you can just see the Lelo and Stitch remake, No. Five Action remake, Final Destination Blood. I've never been into this. Just all things you can go do today. Yeah, and this free time that you've been gifted, right, well, you get squeezed nine he Honestly, you know what I'd rather do more than anything is play pickleball. Go to pickleball to you you have to have multiple people.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Go to pickleball Kingdom on the other side of the highway. Is it just pick up pickleball? Like you just walk in and you can just play with anybody. If you have your racket with you whosha, I don't have it with you, dog. If you can go who shows up to who shows up with three people and like, oh, we just need one. Is there anyone here by themselves? I'll go knock it around with you. If it's under twenty dollars, I'll go to pickleball Kingdom and really, have you ever played twenty Have you ever played pickleball? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Once I had a drink in my hand.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 2: I'll put you on a Ben Rodgers Pickleball scholarship if you'll go play with me. Oh yeah, I'll get you a membership. I was going to say, the twenty dollars is not a barrier.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 2: He will pay for you if you'll go hit a pickleball with him. Yeah, I did wear pants though, that's part of the that's part of the sport. No, it's not. Yeah, it is. This is big the Dinim bracket. Uh. Anyways, if you have some suggestions on what I should do with this free time, holler at me on social media. Coming up next again, We're you gonna take us in Things. Skin Waite is tracking. I'm gonna do some fear mongering. Ooh, that's delicious. It's coming away in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's next.
Speaker 3: Track.
Speaker 5: Another edition of Things Skin is tracking.
Speaker 2: So do you guys freak out when you see crazy headlines? Like what? Like you said, I'm gonna read you a headline. Maybe you've seen this, and I want to get your immediate reaction. I'll get yours first. Ben, here's what you should know about the brain eating amba that killed a Texas woman.
Speaker 1: Oh dud.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw that and didn't even put it in the email because I thought.
Speaker 2: It was like dark. I just don't I'm just I got numb to it all. Yeah, and you don't freak out anymore. I just don't freak out anymore. I tell I don't trust uh. I don't trust these headlines or media or social media. I don't know if anything's vetted. I don't know if anything's from a real source. Maybe it's a real legit this is a Dallas Morning News headline. Oh okay, well that's a little more interesting. I do trust them, and I do think but bro their legacy media. At the same time, I'm like, after everything we've been through, if I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die. That's how It's just brutal, dude. It's just like I just don't want to deal with that anymore. I like existential ben Christina. Do these kind of headlines grab you?
Speaker 10: They do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it does still alert me, but I'll if I have time, I definitely try to read into it to make sure it's not because that's their job is to get you to click on the article and read the article.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about this?
Speaker 2: The other day and my wife was like, did you guys talk about the woman that was killed by the eleven foot alligator?
Speaker 1: You brossed this up yesterday?
Speaker 2: I went wait what?
Speaker 1: Uh no, And then she showed me the story and it was from May fifth.
Speaker 2: Well where was this? It was in Florida.
Speaker 1: Of course, there's a lot of alligators in Florida.
Speaker 2: There is a woman who was sixty nine and she was in a canoe with her husband and they're just canoeing and such, and their canoe was in shallow water and they canoed over an alligator and the alligator said f you, and it was eleven feet and so it just you know, started doing the things.
Speaker 1: So she fell out of the canoe. So the alligator killed her.
Speaker 2: So that is like a horrible fear that a member of your family dies in front of you and you can't protect them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the worst. Yeah, the absolute worst.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just feel like if an alligator, like an alligator is not even dangerous, I mean it is if you're a sixty nine year old woman that got thrown out of a canoe. Was she doing in other words, the advantage there for the alligator? What was she doing on the water? In other words, Let's say you're in the worst part of south central Los Angeles and it's night and you're doing something stupid. Yeah, it's dangerous, but also just don't put yourself in a dangerous situation. So do you have to go in alligator infested waters? Don't really have to. And an alligator, like you see him on golf courses all the time, you don't have to put yourself near its mouth, right unless you hit over by it and you're playing for money, right, I was there, the other guys will hold you. Yeah, oh dude, Well you can not get a drop on that. If an alligator gets close enough to you and it can run in a straight direct line, yeah it's dangerous. But other than that, just don't get near it and you're fine. And see, I was thinking about this with this lady. I was like, I kind of respect that she's still active because I'm not active at fifty four. No, I know, right, you know, but she's still active after the attack. No, no, no, she took she had to wear with all the canoe you know what I'm saying. In the first place, that's what I was. Why was she out there canoeing? It's you're old man, Yeah, but you want us to do something. You're like, I want to sit inside watch Fox News all day, put me in a canoe.
Speaker 1: But you're in Florida. You're an alligator infested waters.
Speaker 2: That's like, I don't I like to get in the ocean, but I don't cover myself in chum and go to shark infested waters. Okay, See, that's the thing we're talking about. Stats here, what percentage of canoers get eaten by alligators? It's a very small percentage. Yeah, it's a very small percentage. But what percentage of water masses have alligators in them in Florida? All a lot.
Speaker 7: So you say that, I've been to Florida so many times. Not once have I seen a gator in Florida?
Speaker 2: Really I have. I as we went to uh, what is it Disney World that's there, saw a million of them, you know what? You know, where else I saw them though? Was that that gator farm that we visited. I mean, there's a lot of gators at the gator farm. Obviously you're going to see them there. That doesn't count, right, you know? And I think about this all the time too. Me and my wife went canoeing because that was my first bronze. I was like, what Ben said was like, why are they canoeing? It was like, oh wait, you and I went canoeing. Oh yeah. But there was also like, you know, drugs involved, and you know you like marinate the chicken all day and then you camp out. I feel somewhat helpless with some of this stuff, like selling euphemism if you want it to be. I feel helpless with some of this stuff like brain eating Amieba.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Get you get you man, It's like, how are you gonna?
Speaker 6: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Just shut down the world because a lady died from a brainy Amieba? Like, I don't I don't know anymore. I don't know what to do with any of the stuff. Well, I I do think at some point we need to revisit that audio and see if that was chipmunk KT that waited in there. Yeah, that was tough.
Speaker 1: All right, kind of go marinate the chicken.
Speaker 2: I'll be your bag. Cristina, what's.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's so good.
Speaker 10: Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: He wes through? Christina, what's happening next? That's so good.
Speaker 1: Just do the Hollywood shovel neck that's next.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere before we get there's talk about the greatness of reliant air conditioning. Hot god, stay on top shovel. All right, Christina, you had something in our group text today and I was like, man, this is very interesting.
Speaker 1: You kind of broke my brains. Set it up.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm wondering if certain shows should be unbingeable. Whoa, Okay, go on, and I'm going to explain. So last week I told you guys, I started a Handmaid's Tale. Okay, have any of you guys you've seen it back? Have you seen all six seasons?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I watched the first two seasons.
Speaker 7: I think, Okay, Okay, So I have been binging this show like crazy. I'm already halfway through season two, almost done with it. But what I realized this past week is that I think it's affecting me emotionally and physically like watching this show and just ingesting all of this very tough subject matter, Like it's the things that are in this show are just very very serious, very dark, and I think a part of me always thinks, hey, this might could actually happen anyway. So I just noticed, like I've had trouble sleeping waking up, I feel like it's aut like I didn't sleep at all. I was also a little down, and it wasn't until last night. Last night was the first night I did not watch this show. I woke up feeling awesome, and so I thought, Okay, maybe certain shows like Handmaid's tail or other really dark, heavy shows should kind of have a binge limit on them so it doesn't affect you like that because you don't think about the mental aspect of some of these shows.
Speaker 2: You're just going okay. So I absolutely do think about what she's talking about. And the last example I had of this now, because it was a show that we were watching in real time that was released once a week. The second that the Penguin was over, we looked and found shrinking because after going through something that is so dark and so caustic, I was like I need something to cleanse my soul. I mean, it was an amazing show and I would recommend it to anybody, But when it was over, I was like, I don't want to watch anything that's.
Speaker 1: In that sphere.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: But you're saying you want them to regulate.
Speaker 7: It, right, Well, like he just mentioned, most shows, especially back in the day, most heavy shows like that with a lot of production and big storylines.
Speaker 1: It was once a week, But you're watching one that's been out for a decade.
Speaker 7: Right, But should they maybe like warn you, like, hey, there is a lot of heavy stuff in this that you're about to watch. It doesn't get better, only gets worse. Maybe you should take a breather, take a break. And because I was watching, maybe there's one day I watched three in a row. Yeah, and like that's just really that's a lot for you.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 1: You're on the person. You're not going to govern that yourself?
Speaker 7: Well does anyone govern it? When we just have it there available to binge it? We're not thinking about it. Like I said, I didn't put two and two together until I finally did watch it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what if you had the option to check, yes, I want to be limited on this and maybe it sends you to something else, so you can't have to that the next episode didn't just doesn't just come on it just send you to something else. That's just that's just uh will power. Don't some people set social media limits on their phone. Yeah, I've got that same thing. Hm, you just gotta you just I mean, there's there are ship to her point though, there are shows where I'm like, you know, there's a whole season in front of us, and I'm like, I'm good for now. Oh yeah, I'm the same way. There's some stuff I just don't watch because I know it's going to be heavy. There's no I avoid it like because I don't I know where out I know how I'll react to it, So I just avoid anything that's dark. The Pengue I could have fun with because for some reason, I think because it was fantasy world.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I get.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't really take it too serious when she spoiler alert, you know, killed her whole family, right, Yeah, it bothered me too much.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, Yeah, I'm in the same I'm the same way as you on that. It was kind of comic Bookie. I was able to look through it that through that lens. But I straight up avoid things that I know are incredibly heavy and depressing, Like what was the one that was out about the teenager that committed suicide adolescence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not good. See I heard it's great.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's great. I don't need that in my life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, I was watching this just dropped on Apple TV last night. Episode one that's called stick and telling Wilson he's a golf pro.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was watching it and then there's just a bit of a twist at the end of the first episode, and I went, Jesus, oh no, Now this show's gonna be right in the Ted Lasso shrinking lane. But there's like something real dark, and I was like, oh my god, I don't want to feel that.
Speaker 6: See, you know, I.
Speaker 7: Thought about watching that next because, like you Ben, like I love uplifting stuff. That's the reason I'm just now watching Handmade Stell. There's six freaking seasons out of it, and I'm just now watching it. And this is why, because I didn't realize it's way darker than I thought. That's why I was way darker. I think you should leave. It's just great to have right there on, just have it right there, just grab it. Watch him choke on the hot dog. It's a chaser corn Cop TV. Yeah, we're feeling good about life again.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: I thought corn Cop TV was very dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we should regulate our own TV usage. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you're gonna have to hand the remote control over Divide, But I think that's extra heavy for a woman to be watching that, you know, because it's yeah, so left up. Like the idea is that women are just there to be slaves to give birth, like they're married. There's a married couple, and whatever's happened with the world, the very few women are fertile, and so this woman can't get pregnant. So there's a lady there that's just there to get pregnant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, have a baby, pop it out, move on to the next. That's the only reason you're here, you know.
Speaker 1: You should pop it out, pop it out.
Speaker 2: All right, there you have it. There is the Hollywood Shuffle. Christina Kray a little baby, Cornbread raced out. Coming up next, it's the Way Back Machine. One of the greatest songs that's ever been sent to us. You've got to hear. This is coming up in just over three minutes. Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for kicking it with us today. Man, look at the four o'clock hour. There's a lot of fun to get to, including KT's latest truck fetish. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: It's time to go into the schule.
Speaker 2: Worry about it's ever weird you guys out that we're almost halfway through the year. Yes, it's June fifth's right taking right along here, flying and after this year we'll be halfway through the decade.
Speaker 8: This decade started off kind of weird. You know what, dude, Ai, that's not a good addition.
Speaker 7: I would say it's weirder that it was like seventy degrees when I woke up this morning and it's June.
Speaker 1: That was pretty nice, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Drinking coffee outside Lettitos Just eat me alive. It's been awesome. Like all these idiots that are out there worried about the climate have been so wrong. I know, right, it's only getting better. Love the weather.
Speaker 1: Don't try anything, Let's just see what happens.
Speaker 8: I'm going for a walk of the park today and had the awkward thing, you know when you go around after you pass him about the fourth time, because you make an eye contact every time. But you're like, you know what, I kind of think I'm gonna wrap my walk ups, so I'm gonna walk a little faster to end it so I don't have to pass them one more time because we're still wave every time.
Speaker 2: Wait, are you on a track for where you're not just at a park sidewalk all the way around the park? Okay? Right? Are they walk in the opposite direction? Yeah, you're passing each other, you know, multiple times, and they always wave, so I'm always, you know, every single time, they wait every time.
Speaker 1: God, and they're the sweetest people.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: You know, it'll stop that the next time you you come running around have your dog flopping out. Man, every time I have any small talk interaction with anyone around my kids, they're so humiliated. They're like, I don't understand, Like, why did you have to speak them? I'm like, we're me too, dude. I mean, Jesus, is this guy doing He's asking this guy in traffic what's going on with this car? You know what happen? It led to something good? Yeah, it's going to the Rangers' locker to get all you will you slept in. I never went in.
Speaker 1: We had to go hang out with Charlie Pride.
Speaker 2: Hey man, got to go hang out with Charlie Pride. Pride Night. The Rangers will have yes is man, they have a rest in Peace Pride Night. What if Ray Davis is like, I know what we'll do And the month that Jude will have Charlie Pride Month, we'll show them No Kay's at the ballpark.
Speaker 8: So the reason I started on this was a twenty twenty was a wild time, and it was the year that a local artist was just sending out all kinds of bangers. And today is the five year anniversary of the release of what I think is the number one song by the light Farms Giant.
Speaker 2: Oh nice. The song's called the King of light Farms. I don't know how much more setting up I should do here. Well just quick if you didn't know, I took a picture with a buddy of mine in my neighborhood in light Farms. There's like twenty people in this picture, a bunch of families at the house, and one guy was so big that skin was like, oh my God, you have a giant in your neighborhood. Nice from Georgia. He's amazing. And then pretty soon we started getting songs sent in by the light Farms Giant. We didn't even know where they were coming from, but they sound exactly like my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He just basically we turned the picture the person into the picture. We turned him into a character, and then the character took on a life of its own when a listener started creating songs as the light Farms Giant and sending them in.
Speaker 8: Here's the King of light Farms, in my opinion, the number one song from the lat Farms Giant.
Speaker 6: Your wife keeps texting me crazy lane when you squaded a fun lazy lane. My giant fingers can barely put my things in portrait, MO deliver it to the.
Speaker 2: When you think she's.
Speaker 6: Only squirrelled went through her age, she's getting some I'm kind of freaking from me, the away protection and.
Speaker 2: The sacle when I'm keeping bees every pregnancy and like untos.
Speaker 1: A baby lf G, you've only had this at think.
Speaker 2: You get pregnant from me? A shock. The neighborhood has come up so far, from the windows to the how the moon and Stars and the reason there's a garden open every or. I'm the l G.
Speaker 10: I'm the King of light Vecy is the best season one true star from.
Speaker 2: The l G. I'm the King of like Farms. I'm the eleg king of damn Farms. Your I'm the LFG.
Speaker 5: I'm a.
Speaker 2: Incredible man.
Speaker 1: I forgot how good that was.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, it's like it. I mean, a great pop banger. And we're here in June fifth. We don't have a song of the Summer yet. Like usually there's a runaway contender that's released in April and May that will end up being the song of the summer.
Speaker 1: We don't have that yet, you know.
Speaker 8: So I'm that one was the clear one in twenty twenty, and it'd be nice if someone else would released a nice pop banger or rock banger for the song of summer.
Speaker 1: I think it's amazing.
Speaker 2: And you know, now that Selena Gomez is with Benny Blanco, maybe they're in the running to deliver something like that.
Speaker 1: I mean they're not. Oh what if they covered it?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: I think Sabraina Carpenter's dropping a song tomorrow that would probably be the one she was last year. YEP. She had the song of the summer last year. All right, there you have, it's been it's getting way back machine. Shout out to the light farms giant. Coming up next, a new law has been passed that could change you the sports forever. That's next. Right here on the EU, we got sports coming up next. Is Jason Kidd about to leave Dallas? Is he going to be the head coach of the Knicks. This is a crazy story and it's not going anywhere. It's it's this courtesy of the great Mark Stein. But it is still out there. What is going to happen with the Jason Kidd situation. We'll get into that momentarily, but right now it's time for this. Give me that news quickie.
Speaker 8: All right, I thought you guys would like this story. So Governor Greg Abbott has signed a bill. There's a lot of bills on his desk right now. He said, there's like a thousand of them that he's got to look at, and that's you know, it feels like that wouldn't be fun to read a bunch of bills. He signed a bill last month that would allow a referee, a judge, or other official of an extracurricular athletic activity to remove spectators without warning, meaning if someone's being a ruly you know, things like that. So previously, these officials could not eject a spectator behaving inappropriately unless they issued a verbal warning. And then there's a behavior she persistent and just keeps going. So now they can actually do that. Like, if you've ever seen an umpire or official throw a parent out of the game, they've never been legally allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: Really until now, now were they legally allowed to do it as long as they gave a warning.
Speaker 1: That's what. Yeah, that's well with this hold on.
Speaker 2: I mean, you may have more details here, but what this really comes down to is enforcement. Like I could I could walk up to some money and go, you know what, you're out of here, Like no, I'm not, Like, how do you enforce this sort of thing? Because I've seen parents get ejected from games, and if they wanted to be a real horse's ass, they could have said, no, I'm sitting right here watching my kid.
Speaker 1: Isn't there is there a law enforcement at every game?
Speaker 2: I guess, I doubt. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've seen some questionable situation.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of weird situations with parents behaving really irrationally at sporting events, youth sporting events. But there was one I was that it was a JV basketball game, and who was a mom and dad and it was tense, like they were both like about it, like they were looking to have a fistfight in the stands if they needed to, mm hmm, and it got it was so wild they were asked to leave, and then there was a lot of trepidation about okay, are they lingering outside? Like it was scary and apparently they had a reputation for it, like they'd been kicked out several times. Hot. Yeah, and like you're just like, man, are we all gonna get shot over a bad call in a game? Like what is happening here? But some people get so caught up in it they they can't help, but just ruin the entire sporting event for everyone there. That's what happened to a keep to Leeb's brother. He's in prison because he shot a guy at a football game. Yeah, no story, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. That's a couple of years ago.
Speaker 9: But like, like you.
Speaker 1: Understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We've all, I mean, I've coached little league teams, been as coach little league teams. So the ref who makes you know, fourteen dollars an hour as a part time job, goes all right, sir, you're out of here now what Yeah, So on this bill it's just UIL events, I guess, so you know, youth sports completely. If it's ui L League baseball, it's not right. Okay, that's different. UIL is sanctioned, and there's probably a cop there. So that's like legit high school games. Yeah, I'm just imagining that. If that that's a good question. Is there a security guard cop at Yeah? I would not know, because they can go to a lot of big, you know games. No, there are. If it's if it's a place that's going to have more than one hundred people, it's not that uncommon for there to be a police officer there, especially in you know whatever community. It's like they know, they know the schedule, and they can account for that. I mean, every school has a cop there.
Speaker 8: Boy, doesn't this feel like it's they're already in a tough spot because they don't get paid a lot and it's really a thankless job. But doesn't this feel like a dangerous thing to give a little more power to the official. Oh my god, yes, I realized that if something's happening, but I don't know. Enforcing it almost feels like that escalates things. Or trying to enforce it or even don't doing the actual ejection, going through with the process feels like that would escalate things more than just kind of riding it out.
Speaker 2: But that's you guys know me, I have a ride it out mentality. I feel like these situations get worse and worse and worse, and it's almost like an official having control over the game in the environment. If you're allowing that to happen, it's if one parent is chirping on one side, the other parents feel like they've got to now get involved, and it could just escalate and get worse and worse and worse. So I like the rule, I don't understand how it can be enforced. But if the official is like, look, you're out of here. You're ruining this game environment, it's we can't even have competitive sports here. You're ruining it for everyone. You're out.
Speaker 1: And if they refuse to leave, that team forfeits a game and it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's also there's the issue of standards, like what are the qualifying standards for this action that an official can take, right, because if you leave it up to the discretion of the official, you might get a guy who is unhappy at his day job and he's going to take it out on a game. Like I've seen that with officials before. Yeah, you know, again it's a part time job, but you know, it's all ideas. Does someone care? This is the same thing with regulating police officers. Are they bringing a bad home life onto the job where they have all this authority and a weapon. You know, it's just it's human behavior. And the other thing too that I think maybe it's different, maybe it's not, maybe it's more noticeable. But one thing in general with kind of human behavior is a platform tends to or any platform and or authority tends to embolden someone, right. It gives them strength to do more, whether that's a good or bad thing. And we are in the day and age where everyone has a platform now through social media, and so I think it's exacerbated behaviors that used people used to suppress a little bit because now it's so easy for me to Like I was asking my wife last night about I was like, what do you think about this next door app. I'm just looking at the behavior on a next door ap because I get the emails and it's amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The by the way, human behavior great Byork Song.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it. To your point about people being in bolden and taking to social media into a platform. One area that I see that quite a bit is the person who wants to challenge a police officer over the law with a basic pullover, like you're just pulled over and like, hey, can I get your license and registration? You don't have the authority to ask me that under this code, you have to know I need your badge number.
Speaker 1: And it's just immediately like so confrontational.
Speaker 2: It's like wait what and they're videoing it, and they're videoing it, and it's like I'm gonna tell I'm gonna put you on trial. No, you tell me your boss, and they're just suddenly the police officers like, uh, I don't you have a tail light out? Like I don't know what's happening, Like it is out of control.
Speaker 1: Well let's do this.
Speaker 2: Let's take that same circumstance and let's apply it to Jason Kidd next right here on the Biting Skin Show, we will go all round the sports here on the eagle. He's Ben, I'm Skinned, that's Dizzle. That's a little baby corn bread. The four of us throw down every day right here from three to six. Thank you for joining us, and Ben. We have a brand new sponsor for this next segment and it is Twisted Root Burger Company. Dude, I think they're quite possibly the best burgers in the history of Dallas Fort Worth. They're definitely in the discussion. They're massive, they have a new menu they've been working on for the last six months. You and of course get all the same burgers you've gotten there over the years, but they have this own You know, you you are the architect, you are the chef. So it's like you just choose exactly what you want. You can construct your own burger there. Yeah, b yob options man, build your own burgers. Ben said, you're the chef. Also, Man, they got custom piggles. I love it, man, I love pigles. Going to any of the local Twisted Root Burger companies Carrollton, Coppel, Deep l and they're all over the place. And mentioned Ben and Skin for a ten percent discount. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 10: This Mountain sow the sports K Twins as all the sports.
Speaker 6: Hold.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't want to hear that again. Can we can we just hear that inturging? But now it's time for this.
Speaker 10: Wow the sports K that's the Twins as all the sports.
Speaker 2: That's so good, fantastic, that won't pay you enough.
Speaker 8: Before I get to this Jason Kidd thing, I do want to read something real quick because the NBA Finals start tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Dude. Yeah, PACER's Thunder. We'll see if it's good or not. They're fun team, they're both. I know that some tiny markets no one watches them. These are fun teams to watch play basketball. So the athletic put out a poll about It's like, do you like the thunder? Just that's that's all it was, how do you feel at the thunder? What do you think about inclement weather? Thirty four percent said I like them? Yeah, thirty percent said I don't like them. Okay, that's pretty normal, pretty even. Eighteen percent said not a fan, but I like watching them. Fifteen percent neutral. I think they're pretty neutral.
Speaker 8: Finals here with a thunder in the Pacers the Great Midwest NBA Finals. But then They asked, if you don't like them, why not, And I guess yes.
Speaker 2: Shay Gilgess Alexander gets all these floppy calls. Uh forty nine percent, they get an uneven whistle, Yeah, forty SGA's free throws.
Speaker 1: It's just he is a free throw merchant. You know, he's a foul hunter.
Speaker 2: And it's just I hate it. I hate watching it. I just I do not like watching them at all. They're one of my least favorite teams in the league. And part of it may just be the dark cloud hanging over me and knowing that they're going to be good for the next decade. They're so good now and this is just the beginning of their window and then they have all these assets to stay good and right. But I don't like him, and it's specifically I hate Lou Dort. I think he is a linebacker playing in the NFL, like I don't even think he's a basketball player. He's so physical. He just fouls the hell out of everybody. So you watch him brutal eye people, and then you see Shay somebody whisper on him and he goes to the free throw line. I hate it. He is perimeter Draymond. There's no doubt next year you will see fewer whistles for Shay Gildes Alexander. I'm willing to bet strong money on that. Really, why the NBA is like, we know this is a problem because what happened. This happened with James Harden. You know, James Harden was a foul merchant. But it's the same thing. It's like once they start really looking at this stuff and seeing he's getting all these calls where he doesn't deserve to get it, then they start pulling back the whistle because it's like, okay, Like when they're calling it, it looks like a foul to them, and he's a great player that people can't stay in front of. But when they go back and look at the replay, they go oh, and so then they start pushing it back to it. Dude, Harden, you to shoot like twelve free throws a game. Yeah, he initiates the contact and elbow's, you know, shoulder somebody just to create space to get a shot off, and they call the foul on the defender.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what, he just knocked the guy down with his shoulder. Yeah, how was that a foul?
Speaker 2: The defender. Harden used to hook the defender and get the call, and then they started calling. It's it's the way that these things go. But one thing I do really like about it, and I understand what Ben's saying. I love a smothering defensive team, and it's one of the greatest defensive teams I've ever seen.
Speaker 8: The other reasons they didn't like them that they were stolen from Seattle, they're corny, and that they're this good and have all these draft picks. The corny this comment, it's corporate basketball. It's like a manager calling pitches from the dugout. The sideline interview crap is exhibit A. It feels workshopped and focus group tested, totally inauthentic. I don't know that I feel that way, but I will be watching closer Game one.
Speaker 2: Let me also say this because I've seen it. I was standing ten feet away from it. That coach is a genius.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 2: I have seen him tell the officials where they were wrong and watch them reverse the call after they spoke.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: There's not a single thing that is anywhere in that playbook, anywhere in that rule book that he cannot instantly recall and hold over an official's head. It's amazing.
Speaker 8: It plays audio from the Hoop Collective podcast. Here's Tim McMahon.
Speaker 6: And I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I know or even think that Jake Kidd wants out of Dallas. That would be going way too far. What I can comfortably say is there certainly have been decisions, major franchise decisions that have been made that he was not on board with, one of which includes the firing of Casey Smith, who j Kid has been extremely tight with since his second tenures of player in Dallas, who is now running the health and Performance group for the New York Knicks, which Tom Thibodeau prays up and down on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Okay, we go, so you get the point there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two much win Hurst there. Yeah, so that makes sense. So we're connecting dots here. That's an accurate dot though. I mean, you know, Casey goes back to J Kit. I believe to the Phoenix day. Really, I think I could be wrong on that, but I think when JA Kid was in Phoenix, I think that's Casey's wow first four into the NBA. I know it's for sure, Olympic team before Ja Kidd got to Mavericks, like they go way back, and when J Kidd was hired, Casey was one of the people consulted on that. Well. So I think of Jason Kidd. I've always heard this that he is, you know, he plays a chess game, right, He's playing a chess match. He's manipulating the situation. And I see him using this as leverage to get more power here or if he does really want to get out of here. If he doesn't, maybe he didn't want the Luca trade. I have no idea, but if he wants to get out of here, now would be a good time he could. Either way, this is very beneficial for this rumor to be out there, very beneficial to j Kidd and and to your point, Ben, beneficial to the Mavericks because they have two guys on their bench that are coveted next NBA coaches and Sean sweet Sweeney and Jared Dudley. And if JA Kid doesn't want to be here, which I'm not saying he doesn't, it does or doesn't, but I'd love to get an asset out of New York to let him go there.
Speaker 1: If you have two coaches that you feel like could run the team.
Speaker 2: But that been draft picks, draft picks player. It could be a lot of different things, but we shall see. It's the Beinin' Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next, it's a brand new segment called Truck. Yeah, how much store?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 8: I know this is a little weird that we're doing a truck segment here, but I feel like it was time for that. There's a new thing going on. We haven't done a truck segment in years ever, so let's do a truck segment.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 8: There's this new well, it's not new. There's a especially a Japanese mini pick up. They're called Key Trucks AEI, and they were designed to meet Japan's regulations on size and engine power and things like that. They're usually older trucks. They go between forty five and seventy five miles per hour. You might find one that doesn't go more than fifty mos per hour.
Speaker 2: Let's not get that thing on the highway.
Speaker 8: But most of them nowadays do go seventy five miles per hour. Okay, And Texas has just approved a bill that has made them legal to drive the street legal now and why that's very interesting to me. And you know, I showed you guys a little picture of it. Would you like to describe the picture of this truck for our audience right here?
Speaker 1: I mean, I've seen a picture of Skin in one of these.
Speaker 2: We had those. So when we did the sumo tournament, we had one at the sumo tournament. And when we did the sumo truck pull, that's the truck they were pulling, all right. It's kind of it's about the size of a golf cart, maybe a little bit bigger, but it's a truck. Imagine that. Like it's like when Skin's arm was hanging out the window, his arm looked bigger than the whole car door. Yeah, it's and it's it's the it's most of them are flatbed Yes, they're flatbeds.
Speaker 8: You can haul some stuff if you need to. And they were I mean, I remember when I went to Italy seeing these all the times, right because they have those narrow roads, you know, and there's just a.
Speaker 2: Ton of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw it. When we were in turks I saw them.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's just a pathway from the parking lot of the hotel to one of these beach kitchens and like just to get supplies, and they were driving these trucks down these walk paths. I'm like, oh my god, Yeah, that's incredible. Do you know who doesn't like these? Your average textan? Yeah, they think this is a pea truck.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, the new Ford F one fifty is the most popular vehicle in Texas. Of course, you know, Axios reporting going for about thirty nine five hundred dollars right around there.
Speaker 2: And F one fifty. Yeah, if you want one of those, you got to get up to prosper Ford. Prosper Ford F one fifty selection is bananas pick. It's away the whole way. They don't sell these pea trucks. It's like a new Marvel movie. I heard there's a new Marvel. I heard it's nuts. Yeah, it's new Marvel. But for these little mini trucks that we're talking about, they go for around and by the way, they've gotten populark as, TikTok and things like that. Hold on.
Speaker 1: Later in the show, we're going to do the prices. What do you want to do it right quick?
Speaker 8: I also a primer for later in the show when we play the price is what about gas station snacks?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a big range, though, ok I tell you I'll sick. I'll go first, unless you want to go first. No, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to go seventeen thousand, five hundred dollars. Ben, What are you like, just the average of an average one?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, because you can get them tricked out obviously. Oh yeah, you can pimp them out if you want to. I will say fifteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Let's just go with the seventeen point six you have.
Speaker 8: All overbid buy a lot, guys. They're going for about three to nine thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The golf carts is why people are going, Hell, I can drive this thing around. Why would I buy one for nine if I can buy it for three? Well, yeah, that might be the one that doesn't go seventy five miles per hour. But that's interesting, huh. I was just thinking, sometimes I have.
Speaker 1: No little work. I had some some this is.
Speaker 2: Because what this is gonna become a problem and tell a story.
Speaker 1: Everyone was gonna last the same time every day, and I would tell the story.
Speaker 2: What story?
Speaker 1: If I wanna go throw some stuff away? You know, I have to do put it in my f and trunk of my car. Yeah, he's right.
Speaker 8: Why I don't like driving trucks? At your truck in high school, i't like driving trucks. He's a hard to park. Not hard to park. I just don't like parking them. And so if you're saying inconvenient, I like cars.
Speaker 2: If you have to take a trash bag out of your house, no to the behind the alley and you have to drive it in your back of your car, I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: Maybe there's some big old fence posts that I dug up on my own, in my backyard.
Speaker 1: You were burying the lead. You were a high school truck turner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you weren't, you're a big pe small town.
Speaker 1: You drive a truck.
Speaker 2: They let a guy that likes the Dave Matthews band driving truck is very popular. Did you have a cowboy hat, wranglers in a belt buckle?
Speaker 1: I didn't, man, and I should have, but I wish i'd did.
Speaker 2: W wouldn't embrace your culture? Well, I tell you what. Talking to some people and only two over the weekend, and you know you where you're from? Blah blah blah. May you're those crazy ones living in the city, like they can't fathom getting on a road that has the least bit of traffic on it because there's no traffic at all. Do you know what Ben missed while he was on vacation Western cocktail attire skin? Yeah, oh my god, sending that picture. You need to send it to what our buddy Ryan Griffin's fiftieth birthday was a western cocktail attire?
Speaker 1: Did you have a cowboy hat? I'll let you decide.
Speaker 2: I think he had a cowboy hat, but I don't know that I would call it a cowboy hat. Oh, that was a hipster hat. It was morey Kenny Chesney barefoot Nation hat. I'll send you a picture during the break and let you be the judge. I saw people in the Freak after party on Facebook asking if the picture exists.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, he was too ashamed to put it out there.
Speaker 2: Now I put it on. I'll go put it in the Freak group. Well, I have pictures of him wearing a cowboy hat. If he calls me, that's what pops up on my phone. Yeah, but that's what I was going through my gay phase. It's the Been and Skin Show ninety one point one. The Eagle coming up next, the only segment that we never podcast.
Speaker 1: It's the Today Game.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. It's in Plano, Texas, and it was voted best pizzeria in Dallas by readers of the Dallas Morning News, so that speaks volumes. Readers of the Dallas Morning News are like, this is the best joint in all of DFW. Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, Plano, Texas. They've mastered five different types of pizza, they got pasta, they got TV's great craft beer selection. If you're a true foodie, get over to Plano, Texas off Preston and Plano Parkway to Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this news.
Speaker 5: It's time.
Speaker 8: It's pretty good intro there Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. You know all those things in the Dallas Morning News. I'm thinking there's a bit of a culture war going on to the Dallas Morning News. And D magazine always has Dallas Morning News of they're like, well, Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen wherever we're telling you it's the best. Then D magazine is like, here's our list of the best pizza spots in DFW, and then they didn't put Andrews on there.
Speaker 1: But I love all the people over at d magazines, so this is nothing.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 1: They're playing the game. Theyre's zigging or they're zagging because.
Speaker 8: They saw the zig that Dallas Morning News did giving all these accolades.
Speaker 1: To Americans and American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: You just need to look at this as rotten tomatoes. There's a critics score, and then there's what the people want. Like the critics can get together and say, well, we think this is the best, and that's fine, and that's what the critics think. The people said, I'm good. You know, it's just like basically Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. I've always said this is the fast and Furious of pizza. It's a giant, popular franchise and every pizza they crank out is what the people want and makes tons of money and the people go hell. Yet each style is there's only one location, and I do I don't think it's the I think it's more of a no because there's only one location. It's just like a it's like a hidden Jewel of the Metroplex. Like, it's not a chain. So it's not a chain. It's not like Fast and Furious. It's like one like the most spectacular movie ever made. It's like Roadhouse, Oh wow, or whatever you think is the best movie ever made, which most of us think Roadhouse is the best movie Billy Madison for me, Okay, so it's the Billy Madison A pizza joints. It is an Adam Sandler movie. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is an Adam Sandler movie in more ways than one.
Speaker 1: So what does Tim Rodgers have against Andrews?
Speaker 2: See? I like that we're just putting it on him even though it's not even on the article at all.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he's Brian Rector or something well wrecked him. No, this article is written by someone named D magazine's staff. Okay, so it was that's Tim they're hiding that's his byline. So Mike Poalucci. Also, I'd like to say, don't try to make a pizza with rotten tomatoes. That ends up horribly every time, right, top six olves give it a look here, let's see a motor City pizza in Louisville. Have not had it never been to Lewisville. No, it's a motor city pizza. It's tr style. Yeah, fortunate son and let's go solid fantastic, I mean just right up there, like I'll love it well, love Andrews and wonderful.
Speaker 2: But Andrews doesn't do the New Haven, Connecticut style. It's a totally different style of pizza than the ones Andrews do. The great Zoli's in Addison, Let's go hell yeah, part of the cone Rosso family, parts and Ope and Richardson. Incredible.
Speaker 1: I thought it's just pardon. Nope is a part of Ope.
Speaker 2: It's part of Nope.
Speaker 1: But it's also in downtown Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's two locations. There's one on Main Street and then there's one in Richardson.
Speaker 1: This is amazing. It's really really good.
Speaker 8: I think the guy it says, uh yeah, the guy's name is Dino too, so you kind of know it's really really.
Speaker 2: Legit from Dino's Pizza. Richmond squirrem mall yeah, same guy. Are they on the list?
Speaker 1: I didn't see him this year. I haven't been around in decades. Oh damn, I need to get over there.
Speaker 2: Part of Ope is the one that the pizza Society of sicily voted is one of the ten best pizzas in the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, what a high flute into society. Neoni Pizza works North Oak Cliff.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's just down the street and Bishop Arts It's fine, oh.
Speaker 2: Top, damn Look Magazine and Christinas.
Speaker 7: You guys know, I love pizza. So, I mean, there's also Ino's just down the street from them, and Ino's is closer to me. And I like Enos more than Nioni's. What's the steas It's more like a New York style. Yeah, but just yeah, just big, I mean joint over. There is no such thing as bad pizza. But I'm gonna I'm gonna stop.
Speaker 2: At Enos before Bionacci Restaurant. This is in first. Can you try to say it for real? No one heard what you said, bion Nacci. That didn't help anybody, Nacci. That's interesting. I'd not heard of this.
Speaker 1: Crisco. In fact, get this Bionecci known.
Speaker 8: It had a reputation as being one of the most popular and best Italian restaurants in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: It had a reputation for being one of the best pizza joints in San Francisco.
Speaker 8: So the pandemic forced them to move from San Fran down here to DFDB and there they are in Frisco killing it. So when need to go trout by NATCHI sometime.
Speaker 2: Do you know where it is in Frisco? I think it was Gavin Newsom's politics. It's to move. It's in between Elz foot Spa and Plato's closet. Okay, right off Stonebrook and Field in Preston.
Speaker 1: Does that help anyone?
Speaker 2: That's just right over there by the mall right, Stonebrook and Preston. Yeah, yeah, it looks like it's about the stone Brooks Center's so much stuff over there. It's over a lot of Starbucks probably now that that's some honorable mentions, but we don't have time for that. You can check it out at d Magazine if you'd like to do that, and go to Andrews's American Pizza Kitchen if you want to prove them wrong. All right, thank you, Kevin. Uh Yeah, I definitely get out to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano best pizza ever, all right. Coming up next in the weekly Weekday Update, a former Dallas cowboy has been arrested. We've got the details coming your way. Well, thanks for hanging out with us on a Thursday. Man, you get the Thursday late in the day like this, you're in the five o'clock hours. Good stuff is right around the corner. We're gonna have some fun. We're gonna play a little game show here momentarily called the Prize is What?
Speaker 1: But before that, it's time for this.
Speaker 9: And now it's time for Basis Weekday Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, around two point thirty pm, former Dallas cowboy Greg Hardy was arrested booked into jail on a charge of assault causing bodily injury to a family member. Oh one thousand dollars bonds. He's playing Nintendo Switch to right now. Okay, do you know which family member? I don't.
Speaker 8: The details are not very clear yet. In Richardson too, I would like to know, like, was this down the street from me? Was it on the east Side? Probably because you know, you guys is the east Siders? You know, you guys know, Yeah, we came up clean living on the West side. Not a lot of domestic stuff. But on the east side, we grew up on the crime riddled streets of Richardson.
Speaker 1: You know, we came up you know it. It was really a gang land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially over there by Spring Park. Yeah, which is why we're so gangs to this day. But you weren't there kidnappers just running through your neighborhood all the time. Yeah, I had a guy, I had a couple of crazy things happening. Yeah, we had the helicopter. The guy was hiding in the creek. You know, that's common, common stuff. Yeah, the spool stops go back. You just said we had the helicopter, you know, the guy hiding in the creek, and then you just moved on like that made sense. No, it's like a helicopter was trying to find the guy hiding in the creek. Okay, that's better detail. Yeah, that's tough. Yeah, how's your yard doing. I'm glad you.
Speaker 1: Asked, very nice getting that in before the rain. Yeah, I mean it's a it's an.
Speaker 2: Adult move before knowing the details of the Greg Ellison huh, I would like Greg Hardy situation. Oh my god, poor Greg Ellis. Greg Ellis just drove off the road. He's babysitting Mac Brown's kids. When you said that, you at the very least need to write him a handwritten that's fair. That's fair. I would like to say and all of his family members that I believe that same sex violence within a family is okay as long as there's not a murder.
Speaker 1: That fight McMahon's.
Speaker 2: I just think brothers should be able to punch each other, Okay, it could be. It could be brothers. If there's a female involved, that's obviously terrible different And like, I just think about what a terrible person I am in terms of where I you know, I love the Cowboys and I remember when they got Greg Hardy, and I'm like, it's okay, he's changed, I think, and he's gonna be fine. He threw a lady on a pile of machine guns. I wasn't there, were you there? I mean, I don't really know what happened. I know we really need an edge rusher, right, I'm such as I'm a trashy human man. I was willing to look pass all that fro him. And this is the least surprising news ever. I think that it wasn't so much that that was bad, was that you immediately wanted to do a weekly show with him.
Speaker 1: Was having him on seems like a great guy.
Speaker 2: Now today he's talking about his UFC aspirations as well. You can promote that. That is a big problem though with sports talk is hey man, I immediately need to have an opinion on something I don't really know that much about or the details of. And then as soon as you're a white guy talking about a young African American in a disparaging way, it's like, oh, all right, I see what you're about. Like, well, I mean no, it's tough.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: Twenty fourteen fifteen when that was going down, it was a strange time too. I mean, the NFL was kneeling with the Ray Rice thing, and then we got Zeke and we saw how much that I mean, we got to learn a lot about seventh District Court appellate, like all these words.
Speaker 1: You didn't really know.
Speaker 8: It's if you can get to law school for this, and then they like try to guess to book all years on and then they would be boring to us too. You really didn't understand what they were saying because they were using big words.
Speaker 2: Are you guys gonna tell you about the labor situation. But uh, Greg Hardy, it was weird because Jason Garrett was like probably not on board.
Speaker 1: We all like to zoom like it probably didn't love that.
Speaker 2: But twenty fifteen, dude, twenty fourteen and twenty sixteen, you look how close the cowboys were. I get it.
Speaker 8: And if TONI r almost collarbone would have stayed in place in twenty fifteen, shouldn't have been and uh, okay, so but but it was it was him throwing a woman onto a pile of machine guns, right, allegedly allegedly that that was the story.
Speaker 2: Allegedly and it was a lady that liked automatic weapons a pile of machine guns. Yeah, like that's just a weird story in general, Like it's domestic violence not okay, never should have even considered having him, but also onto a machine gun pile. Isn't the real story there? That he was probably an arms dealer.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on. Was he licensed to sell those guns?
Speaker 8: Twenty sixteen, he was arrested in Richardson for felony possession of a controlled substance. I remember that twenty sixteens. That's a year after he was here, because he's just hanging out in Richardson. That was right before he became an MMA fighter. Yeah, but true in truth, in fairness, we don't know anything about this, Okay. So to Skin's point, like this could be something as simple as him and his brother, who's the exact same size, were wrestling. Someone panicked and called the police, and yeah, they were like, I'm sorry, we have to do this. Such a small bail would be an indication that there's maybe the judges like, yeah, this probably shouldn't have happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could be or could also be just on his own recognitive and also like I didn't see how many sacks did he have last year.
Speaker 1: Ten years after he was out of the league.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, come on, Ernie, come on man, his sacks now come in the ring, not on the field. Oh is he still fighting? Probably that's dope that watch that fight. There's a lot of fire. Thanks Jerry, Thank you, Jerry. All right, coming up next, Katie, where are you gonna take us?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: I would like to break out a game that we haven't played in a long time. Can you get closest without going over?
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 5: From the ninety seven to one The Eagle Studio in Farmers Branch Texas. It's the price is long. Bead Rogers, come on down, yeah, Christine Away, come on down.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Jeff Steinway, come on down. You are the first three contestines on the crisis. What and now here's a road Kevin Turner.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 2: Bitch.
Speaker 1: That is good prices?
Speaker 2: What do you guys know?
Speaker 6: The rule here?
Speaker 8: Who can get closest without going over the top eleven most popular gas station snacks. I think the last time we did a story like this was about a year ago, because these publications just recycled the same stories year in and year out, so everyone has content. But instead of doing the guessing game of what's on there, let's just do this straight up. So we'll start. The number one most popular gas station snack in America is beef jerky.
Speaker 1: Christina Ray, what is your bid? Four seventeen?
Speaker 7: Okay, I mean beef jerkey is expensive? Is it just a single thing of beef jerky or a whole.
Speaker 2: Never has answered. I'm not clear on that, okay, and I don't think we need the details. I mean skin four eighteen. Oh see, this puts all the pressure on Ben four nineteen, then goes up to four nineteen. Actual retail price five thirteen. It's the point price is right style. It just works.
Speaker 1: One point for Ben. Let's move on. We always go in that order.
Speaker 2: I go last. Right now, I think we're gonna move on.
Speaker 1: Skin, We'll get to go first. This time we were sit out rotate.
Speaker 2: Number two. Believe it or not, the Rice Krispies treat three dollars and twenty eight cents.
Speaker 1: So you have a number that pops in your head, right Ben, Okay, I will say three ninety nine, three ninety nine, Christina, I think they all went over. So one cent Katie got a girl.
Speaker 8: One cent for Christina, Skin three twenty eight, Ben three ninety nine actual retail price three ninety six.
Speaker 1: Cool Ben by three cents three ninety nine, got three eighty nine, and you would have had it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Such, Yeah, it's benser for a little Rice Crispy treat.
Speaker 2: Well, you know they've made them bigger. Yeah they're big, but you don't know they were they talking about the king size Apparently it's part of the problem of the game is we don't know quantity. Did we really need to make candy bars king size?
Speaker 1: When did that begin? We just you can just get two with a regular one. If You're.
Speaker 2: Everything just started growing and growing in general. If something is a sweet, I don't want more than two bites of it, well that would be like your opinion. Man.
Speaker 8: All right, dude, skin one bin one, then you will lead us off here. Okay, how about a pack of Skittles?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 1: Okay, number three?
Speaker 2: But he doesn't know if it's a jumbo or a mini pat Yeah, is it wild Burrier regular? I am going to say with my words, three dollars, three pounds crazy Christina two forty nine, two forty nine, Jeff skin Wade, what had been? Say three dollars? I'm gonna say three oh one. Well, we're gonna have to go again because you've all overbid. Okay, good, oh okay.
Speaker 8: I like ben lead us off. A pack of skittles would cost? How much it's the number three most popular gas station snack in America?
Speaker 1: Which gas stations? I'm gonna say, dollars seventy five.
Speaker 2: One seventy five over to Christina one seventy six, ooh one seventy six, okay, seventy seven, seventy seven he won ups.
Speaker 8: Actual retail price is me one dollar and ninety one cents point for Jeff skin Wade by playing dirty.
Speaker 1: Yep, this happens every time we play this game.
Speaker 2: I know I would never do that.
Speaker 1: I in dirty, your mom plays dirty.
Speaker 2: Let's squeeze one more in here, Christina, you'll let us off your checks mix. It's all a package of check checks mix. Okay? Is it a full trail mix or just the checks? Three Katie three forty nine. Skin. I'm uncomfortable that you said his name at the end of the price.
Speaker 1: I didn't say Kevin.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's fair. I'm gonna go you said three forty nine. Uh huh. I'm gonna put the anus on Ben. I'm gonna say three fifty Ben, do you have that anus on it? Or over?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say three dollars and fifty one cents.
Speaker 8: What we've learned in this game is that by playing dirty, you will prosper three ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I tell Rice Ben to skin too.
Speaker 2: They threw their morals out the window with.
Speaker 1: It, but they have the lead.
Speaker 2: We'll see who gets the victory and the price is what? Part two next and Skin show nice one point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging with us today. Now we will be back tomorrow with a very festive weekend starter show, so put that on your calendar. This segment is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Sadana, Texas that me and Big Ben are partners in with a lot of other nice folks, and we got some great things going on up at the brewery this weekend. First of all, final Crawfish Broil of the Year and that is going from two to seven. You can go to our social media account and get a pre order code. There's live music, there's vendors, and of course the delicious Mudbugs, so that's a lot of fun. Also the Little Elm they have this whole Bruise and Q Festival. Rollertown is represented there. If you want to go out to that, look for us. We're in places all over the metroplates. Earlier Kat was talking about the best pizza town. We're at Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. We're also at Fortunate Sun, We're at Kanye So we're at great pizza places. Where an American Airlines Center Globe Life asked for us by name, It's roller Town Beer Works. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, it's the price is what the price is what prices what take out there, it's the prizest what the price is, what the price is what it's the price is, what the prices.
Speaker 6: Price?
Speaker 2: It is so good. That is so good, all right?
Speaker 1: Price is what.
Speaker 8: Trying to get closer without going over tomp gas station foods in America.
Speaker 1: The list has come out.
Speaker 2: We've been kind of going through finding out how much they cost in this day and age with prices rising dramatically everywhere.
Speaker 8: Bend to skin too, Christina Zeo. We'll start with j skin wave right here. How about a Snickers bar?
Speaker 2: Interesting? You don't know if it's King's.
Speaker 1: That's part of the game. A mini.
Speaker 8: Oh is it a package of minis? I don't think so, Tim, I'm gonna go ben visceral reaction from Christine.
Speaker 1: It's a giant Snicker, I would hope language.
Speaker 2: I am going to wow. So Christina is not going to go higher than that. You don't know that. The way she reacted, that's part of her trick.
Speaker 1: Really good at bluffing, Ben, No, you're not. She's got a little bit of turettes.
Speaker 2: I want a painting of those dogs playing poker, but Christina is playing with them.
Speaker 1: I'm just crying.
Speaker 2: So if I said one cent, that'd be cool. She is gonna just say two cents. So I'm going he said two forty Are you thinking out loud? I'm gonna say, I want to make this very difficult for her.
Speaker 1: Nice, thank you.
Speaker 2: I want to say zero points right now.
Speaker 1: Two dollars, yep, and eleven cents.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, one cent?
Speaker 8: She says one cent. The actual retail price is one dollar eighty five cents. Christina, So I wrote down one.
Speaker 2: Let's go well done. Yeah, but she just had that sitting there all week.
Speaker 1: Two for Skin, two for Ben, one for Christina.
Speaker 2: We go to Ben Kevin.
Speaker 8: Number seven most popular gas station food in America is a bag of bugles.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. That's a quality chip man.
Speaker 1: You put them on your fingers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fantastic. I don't think i've had one.
Speaker 1: Is that a corn chip?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Cornship's like tiny little cone which is soft and kind of poppy. God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you use a thimble for sewing? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ben, yep, you will lead off with the bidding. Okay, I'm gonna say, uh, three dollars and forty two cents, three forty two over to Christina. God, that's a huge bag of bugles.
Speaker 1: You don't know how big the bag is.
Speaker 2: It is a massive bag.
Speaker 1: Hey man, he's my bit here. He said, bag sack three dollars.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, three dollars, Jeff Skinway, Kevin, I want to go penny one cent? Actual retail price three dollars and sixty two cents.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rogers, your winner at three forty two. That's a good guess back, Let's go. Good job, Ben, it's an elite chip. Is an elite chip? Ben three skin two Christina one, we will.
Speaker 1: Go to Christina. Christina. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: How about a bag of Nacho cheese doritos? Oh damn girl.
Speaker 1: Three nineteen Kat Sorry, I said your name again? Uh only go three forty eight.
Speaker 2: Then three forty nine, three forty nine actual retail price five dollars and sixty that's a huge bag of nacho. This game is so stupid Rolls Royds Chips. I know this game is incredible. Their methodology is stupid. Ben four, Well, you're looking at averages too across the nation.
Speaker 8: Okay, you know so you've you've traveled, you know, you get somewhere else, like things aren't the way they are back.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would think five dollars would not be an average. I think it would be the goals were a dollar fifty less. Are you paying that much for na Choe powder? Maybe you are paying for the brand.
Speaker 8: Many big Doritos have stepped in and they've raised prices. Been for skin to Christina one Starburst Starburst?
Speaker 1: Who's going first?
Speaker 2: We'll go first? Before I go, I would like to read this text message I just got. Okay, there's a picture of a dog and it is standing next to an Eminem toy. You know, the Eminem's with the arms and the legs, so it's a pretty big Eminem toy, says Hi Steve. My puppy I adopted last week had started vomiting.
Speaker 1: What should I do? Do you have time to come take a look? It's a stranger?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: So is he throwing up on the Eminem toy?
Speaker 2: Now he's just standing next to the Eminem toy. How are you going to respond to that, Jeff, Steve Wade? I don't know, man, I'm gonna give the number out. Let everyone out there respond to it. You asking me a bag of what it sounds so much? A bag is a pipach of Starbars, package of Star Wars. That's two dollars and thirty eight cents. Ben, Wow, it's a very solid guess. That is a good guess. Yeah, I'm gonna say, uh, she shut her hand again. Yes she did.
Speaker 1: Turn my mic off.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, uh, two dollars and thirty nine cents. Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Does she have at enter to play dirty?
Speaker 9: Do I.
Speaker 6: Forty?
Speaker 2: Let's go KT gave it away because by playing dirty, she would only choose to forty. You're indicating that it was more than two forty. I think we saw where this was going. I'm just saying you just gave it away. Actual retail price three seventy five standout to two.
Speaker 1: Good job, Christina, thank you.
Speaker 8: Flaming Hunt Cheetos Okay, so Flaming Hot Cheeto preparation h was a totally different thing.
Speaker 1: So these are the gay cheetos.
Speaker 8: Uh no, but Happy Pride Month to everyone, including our Texas range except the Rangers.
Speaker 1: Oh uh no, gays in.
Speaker 2: The stadium, but we canna have the costco guys, right, does it want gays in the stadium? You're four games under for a reason. Terrible marketing decisions.
Speaker 8: Flaming Hot Cheetos, Big Ben, you have a four too two lead. This could be clench night for you. Okay, so uh, I'm going to say, you know what, I'm changing things because this could be clench night. Add up flaming hot Cheetos plus a bag of peanut and.
Speaker 2: And let's go. What a game.
Speaker 1: God, nobody saw that coming.
Speaker 8: Bag of flaming hot Cheetos and peanut M and m's two great tastes that go great together.
Speaker 1: Seven dollars and fifty cents. It's ridiculous. CHR staying up. I know what he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: You you don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: He never met me, said seven fifty maybe seven sixty four?
Speaker 2: Whoa good John? Pity Kevin, get at me.
Speaker 12: Give me my two points, bitch one cent for Jeff Skinway. The actual retail price of flaming Hot Cheetos is five ninety four. Oh no, ad that with the actual retail price of a bag of peanut Eminem's one eighty one.
Speaker 2: That gives you seven seventy five winner. Look how happy she is.
Speaker 1: I love peanut eminem, so I knew that one.
Speaker 2: You don't win the actual peanut evidends. Get the crown from I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I knew that price better that put your.
Speaker 2: For So Christina and Ben get to go to racetrack for dinner. All right, do you know what that game should be called? My god, we're af to look at inflation. Yeah, that's what that game is called. All right, Well, that's gonna do it for Thursday. We're very proud of our work today. Remember you can always stream us on the iHeart app. Go back and listen to the podcast, and of course we love it when you go out there and you support our advertisers. Thank you for listening. We will be back tomorrow. I'll never forget the time KT walked into the racetrack. No one was behind the counter, so we went behind the counter. He slammed on at the cash redstrope and he grabbed cash and started to run out. As he started to run out, the owner of the actual racetrack was walking in. He looked him dead in the eye and he said, you suck on my toe, and then he ran down the street. Christina is going to stick around play some music next here on the eagle. Here you going, well, I want to get my sock back, dude. Fun in games, a great summer. That's your answer.