Speaker 1: Yell, ripped up, mad news, need advice? Who you don't have? Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hello.
Speaker 3: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: We have a.
Speaker 3: Lot to talk about today, and we'll start out, of course, with a phone call. If you have a phone issue, phone calls, our callers, our listeners take precedent three all three seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to by water Pros. You know what I think about water. It's the number one supplement to your body, the number one supplement for health. And you get a healthy system installed in your whole house forever. Chemical is gone, chlorine gone, particle's gone, plastic's gone.
Speaker 4: Softening.
Speaker 3: Yes, drinking water reverse osmosis at the kitchen thirty nine to ninety five. You will never do better, Waterpros dot net three three eighty six y two five fifty five four. Raymond's on the phone. He says he's having a problem with west Era credit union. By the way, I get good reports about credit unions in general, I really do compared to banks. You know, I've recently decided I don't like banks.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've found a bank that really meets my needs. Except for an online bank. I have converted to one hundred percent online one hundred percent. They are brick and mortar in New York City, but they.
Speaker 4: Have gone on the internet.
Speaker 3: They do ach payments wires by phone. You can do anything you want electronically. You don't have to go in. They have good security, and it's just.
Speaker 4: Not worth the hassle of having a bank anymore. Just not.
Speaker 5: I mean, you.
Speaker 4: Get feed to death with these banks.
Speaker 3: And I had a lot of money in a bank, and you would think that they would be happy to have the money. Instead, I was feed to death with my checking And I'm going to tell you I looked at all the banks. There are not many good ones, not many, Raymond, what's wrong with the credit union?
Speaker 4: Tell me what's going on?
Speaker 6: Well, I was wrong with the credit union is that I would I was to a credit union and they gave me a credit card. And when it gave me the credit card, after that, I use it a few times. I pay it off every month because I'm a truck ribber over the road fifty years and anyway they take an agon cover a fraud. I turned to credit card. I went to a Targets and made the charge of one item for my daughter. I have a thirty three year old daughter with down Center, my herd guardian. And she's not very big, she's not very tall. So make a purchase of a nightgown. Leave out of the store. The girl that works for Target max my card out almost almost five thousand dollars worth the merchandise on women's clothes.
Speaker 7: And I'm guarantee you.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, so Raymond, Raymond, let me get this straight.
Speaker 4: You have a Westera credit.
Speaker 3: Union and then you have a visa card right, yes, And and you were using the visa car at Target the card and they used somebody there.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's I made one perces of a nightgown for my daughter.
Speaker 8: That was it, right?
Speaker 6: They have cameras.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how did how did the cashiers? How did the cashier steal your card?
Speaker 6: Because I use it to pay for the nightgown when I left out of there, out of the store is when she went and put a whole bunch of women's clothes on that card and maxed it out by the five thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Now would I going.
Speaker 4: So, what is five dollars? What is West Starah doing? What is West Sarah doing about that?
Speaker 9: Now they close my account and.
Speaker 4: How do you know what happened? How do you know what happened right after you left.
Speaker 6: Because that's when it happened. I don't use that card uch. I'm a truck uyer. I drove trucks over the road for fifty years and I'll never maxed my card out ever one time. Right, I don't care who I was with. I am very responsible and I make good money. I am retired right now. I'm seventy eight years old and truck driving is so bad that so what.
Speaker 4: Are they doing for you? What are they doing for you?
Speaker 6: They told my talent and they just got re seek. They just closed my account. Now you got West zero.
Speaker 5: What they do they want?
Speaker 4: Are they saying you owe the five grand?
Speaker 6: They just ignoring the fact that they've got cameras in the store. And I walked out the store with a one little small bag in my hand.
Speaker 7: It wasn't five thousand.
Speaker 4: All you have to listen, all you Listen.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is can test the charge just contested.
Speaker 6: Well, the credit union posed my account and so I old number another account.
Speaker 10: Hold on, I opened up another count It was West Foggo at West Fogle Bank. They give the card to them to give it back to me because I opened up the account and I made one person. I went and had breakfast to prove that there was the same card.
Speaker 6: I knew it was the same car.
Speaker 4: Listen, Raymond, that's how bad this is. Getting the visa.
Speaker 3: Card, Raymond, Raymond, the visa card that you have right now where the charge is raided.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't what did.
Speaker 6: You do the car when they closed my account?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: But there was how much fraud on there?
Speaker 6: Five thousand five others were to close and out of a target you have to have. You have to be up more around to go into targets than by five thousand dollars were to close.
Speaker 4: No, Raymond, I believe you.
Speaker 3: What I'm trying to figure out is why your bank did not simply allow you to contest the charges. Did they tell you know those charges were real?
Speaker 6: They just want their money and they think that I'm going to be the one to pay it. I'm not giving them.
Speaker 4: How do you know that though, Raymond, did you actually go.
Speaker 11: Through this my account?
Speaker 6: They closed my account, they have the card, and then I opened up account at BMO, so they go and get in touch with BMO, get a card back to BMO. I mean to BMO to give back to me. That's what they did, so I wouldn't I had breakfast to prove that I went to breakfast and that I had.
Speaker 3: The Raymond, Here's what I don't it, Raymond, you're still not answering. Listen, I believe you. I'm outside just eat. Why did they when you said these are not my charges? Did you go through the the actual testing process?
Speaker 6: This just happened. They closed my account, they got the car back from me after they closed the account.
Speaker 4: When did they do this?
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 4: When did it happen? Ray When did it happen.
Speaker 6: Two weeks ago?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay, now listen, here's what I need to know. Did you just just tell me if you went online or went to the bank and contested the charges, just the ones you didn't make.
Speaker 6: I don't go online. I don't have the ability to go online. I don't use computer.
Speaker 3: How did okay, I have did they automatically closure account.
Speaker 6: And then you was the Massis security number in California.
Speaker 4: So I don't okay, Raymond, Raymond, man, this is what this can't Raymond.
Speaker 3: I need to put you on hold. Okay, this isn't working. He I can't get from him whether or not he tried to contest the charges. I absolutely can't get that out of him. I I don't know.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, it's I'm not easy to follow Raymond's story after the seames of the part where the five thousand dollars and ladies with right.
Speaker 4: Why do they close this account?
Speaker 3: Why is what are they doing now? What does he mean they gave him the same card back? I need someone to.
Speaker 12: Talk to if you yeah, I mean, if you want to give up right now, then I'll be happy to give him a call within a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Raymond, let's call you back, man and see what's happening. I just don't understand. If you had charges like that, you can test them and they look into them. They don't close your account. Something is going on. We got to figure it out. I'm going to have Deputy d talk to you off the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And the term is called credit card charge dispute, so you can file that either in person at the.
Speaker 4: Brand, and they don't close accounts for that. They do those all the time.
Speaker 12: Something else is going on here, right I'll call Raymond within as soon as I get his phone number and see if I can get a proper thank you, bro.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Rachel after the break on a juvenile detention facility she's upset with, and we will be right back with that and more coming up. Don't forget Compass Insurance Group for quotes on your insurance or the insurance checkup, a true unbiased look at what you're spending to see if you're under insured, over insured, paying too much, maybe you don't have enough coverage.
Speaker 5: Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, so let's talk about this. Welcome to the show three oh three seven to one three talk Tenage has what you're looking for, window, siding, doors and more. They also have K and H painting pros now. So that's great Khwindows dot Com. Let's go to the phones now again. I hear Deputy D on the line with Raymond. We're gonna try to help him.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 3: When you have charges on your credit card, it happens to me all the time. You got to contest him. Here's the pain in the ass. Sometimes you can't just contest the charge and move on. They make you get a whole new card. I mean, it's getting ridiculous. Rachel, tell me what's going on. This sounds serious. With a juvenile detention facility, tell us your story from the beginning.
Speaker 13: Rachel, Hi, So my son is in a juvenile detention center in Colorado.
Speaker 4: And when was your son put in there?
Speaker 13: In January?
Speaker 14: October?
Speaker 4: Sorry October for what reason?
Speaker 13: He got in some trouble and then he was sentenced in January and they gave him fifteen months.
Speaker 3: So he has to be in there for fifth How old is he?
Speaker 13: He just turned sixteen in December.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's kind of sad, huh is this? Was he in a lot of trouble before or not?
Speaker 13: I mean in the last like two years, I would say.
Speaker 4: So when is this sentence up? When is this sentence up?
Speaker 13: So mandatory release date is December thirtieth. However he can get like a good time. They gave him credit for a time that he did because they went back to October.
Speaker 4: Right right, right, right right, So what's happening right now with it? What's going on? Why are you calling us?
Speaker 13: So basically, he's getting restrained and there's like six staff members at a time, and they are I feel from what's been told to me by other kids in there and him, that they're using excessive force. And so what I'm being now, why.
Speaker 3: Is he being but but let's go back to the beginning. Why is he being restrained? To begin with?
Speaker 13: So anytime for this, not this last time, but the time before that, he was sitting on a table. They told him not to sit on the table, and then it escalated from there. And so they ended up restraining him. So the problem is is that it's being told to me that they're taking these kids into their rooms where there's no cameras and they're beating them up.
Speaker 3: So now, wait a minute, is that what your son? Is that what your son said happened?
Speaker 13: That's what he has said. And other children from the facility have talked to me on the phone and reported the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, and the guards are doing this.
Speaker 13: That that is what I'm being told. So I did some research and I found a report about six or seven years ago. This mom wrote a blog about it that this hit her daughter was at the same facility.
Speaker 4: And what's the name of the facility. What's the name of it, let's just name it.
Speaker 13: It's Platt Valley in Greeley, Colorado, Platt.
Speaker 4: So can I ask something?
Speaker 3: Is your is your I just want to get some perspective, truly and try to be as objective as you can.
Speaker 4: Is your son a smart ass?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 13: He definitely is a teenager for sure? Can be yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, So what do you think do you think that what they shouldn't have done?
Speaker 4: What they did? Or tell me what you think?
Speaker 13: Well, I think that you know they're supposed to be trained to if they have to restrain a child, which it seems like it's happening a lot in there, and I feel like they're not They're not able to deal with certain children in there who had I.
Speaker 4: Get it, you know, I get it.
Speaker 3: So no, they should not listen, they should not use excessive force, no matter what people are in there for.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're serving their sentence precautions. So, yeah, did you what have you done so far? What action have you taken so far?
Speaker 13: So I have asked for the photos of the injuries from the facility, and the director told me to fill out a bunch of release forms and to get the photos. So I filled out the release forms and then the staff in the records department told me that I couldn't have the photos. They will only release them to the police. So I actually contacted this mother who went through the same thing six or seven years ago, and EPs has been involved. They take whenever this kind of thing happens, they are contacted, and so what they're what they do is they just close the case because there's no camera footage. Well the problem is, no, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So this mom who went through this six or seven years ago with her daughter in the same facility, wrote a blog online and CPS wrote in the report that the staff members needed to be wearing body camps, and so here we are six or seven years later and they still don't have body camp.
Speaker 3: Hey, can you, Rachel, do me a favor. Rachel, I need you to do me a favor. Hang on the line for a sec.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: We're going to take this on and I want to get my criminal defense attorney on if we can. Joe Lazara, the one that's uh who works with our show as an expert, and he's a criminal defense attorney. I want to ask him. He'll know a lot about this. So hang on, okay. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. Yeah, that sucks, Okay, I mean, listen, maybe there's some exaggeration. We hear this a lot, but there there are people in the system of justice. They get sick and tired of doing it. They they start abusing people.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give you details, but I know people who are incarcerated, not guilty, just awaiting their first hearing. And it happens with duys and stuff like that. And these people all tell the same story. They're treated like crap. They're treated treated like convicted murderers. I mean, look, if you're convicted of a crime, you're doing your time. There's no reason for it to be severe or harsh in any way. Now, who knows this guy might be a wise ass? And all the guards are doing is what they're supposed to do. You never really know, but we will look into it. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. But he D now and I'm going to go back to D and talk to him. D. What about the gentleman who called Raymond about his West s era?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Tom, I just got off the phone with Raymond, and he's not real easy to to to work with it.
Speaker 3: He's upset, you know, but he won't he won't take a step back and look at the problem.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and he continues to bring in a huge amount of aurow of and information into the conversations.
Speaker 5: Did he ever can test the charge?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 12: Just like, I'm still unclear. So here's where we left this. He is going to he's almost home. He's going to scan and email me the last couple of statements he got from West Sara, so I can see you know what the you know, and he's going to mark the put a check mark or an X or something on the fraudulent charges, and.
Speaker 5: I want to start with that.
Speaker 12: I'll call with Stara and I'll find out what the first official process is for him to open a credit card charge dispute.
Speaker 5: I have a.
Speaker 12: Feeling that this interaction with a lady at Lestero, whose name he doesn't even have, was very similar to his interaction with us, with us, which is very emotional, right kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think he never and they just went and closed his account because he didn't deal with them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he just said. The understanding I got is that he got this. This happened about a month and a half ago. Shortly thereafter he got the bill for over five thousand dollars with electrically fraudulent charges and he just didn't pay it.
Speaker 5: So I have a feeling that's why they closed.
Speaker 4: This, right, and he never actually did the protest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need to go through the process.
Speaker 12: So I'll help walk him through that process after I get some advice from west Era.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five listen if you're looking for replacement heating and air eight eight eight Heating dot Com one of the only sponsors who guarantees the absolute lowest price for high efficiency installations.
Speaker 4: That's what they specialize in.
Speaker 3: They'll do a deep clean for forty five bucks, but the real deal is what they're doing for you. If you need a replacement, he'll save thirty to forty percent a month. Three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Rachel.
Speaker 4: We have a call into our criminal defense attorney and UH Kachina.
Speaker 5: He'll be on.
Speaker 4: I'm trying.
Speaker 5: So maybe he hasn't take me back yet.
Speaker 3: Okay, he'll probably contexts back Rachel, and then we'll call you back. But basically, what I want to know is, what have you actually done so far?
Speaker 4: Officially? What have you done?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 13: I was trying to get the photos so that I could show proof.
Speaker 4: Okay, they got it at.
Speaker 13: Least the photos.
Speaker 4: Now why tell me why there are photos? Why?
Speaker 5: Why is?
Speaker 4: Tell me why there are photos?
Speaker 13: So when they take apparently when they take these kids back to the room, they're beating them up. So my son was on concussion precautions. He has markings all over him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but who took who took the pictures? If they're beating kids up, why would they take pictures of it?
Speaker 13: I don't know medical staff takes the pictures. I don't medical I don't think. I don't know if they when that situation.
Speaker 5: Here's what I want to know. Now, Now, do you visit your son? Is that how you know?
Speaker 4: Or do you talk to him? How do you know all this?
Speaker 13: I visit virtually, I was at his court date. I actually am out of state right now.
Speaker 3: And then when you talk to other kids how did you hear from other kids? You say that other kids say it's happening too. How do you hear from them?
Speaker 13: Yeah, so when I've spoken to him on the phone, another kid will get on the phone and they all say the same thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I got how many times? Though?
Speaker 3: Is this no I get it? Is this repeated? Or are you talking about one incident with your son?
Speaker 13: So we're on the second incident right now, and they're saying, See, they'll say things like, so his father was in there years and years ago when he was a juvenile, and they know his father and told him. They'll say things like you're going to get the same treatment your dad got while they're kneeing and men meet him in the head and yeah, so this is this is the reports that I'm getting. And then there's there's okay, markings all over his.
Speaker 16: Body that I've seen for myself.
Speaker 13: That's why I tried to get the photos, but they will not release them to me.
Speaker 3: Well, do you guys know, hold on a second, when he went through this offense, what is the actual offense?
Speaker 4: What is he in there for? Because there's a reason I'm.
Speaker 13: Asking, Oh, can I just say it's a misdemeanor do I have I don't know, Okay, I really.
Speaker 4: Want that's all it is. It's no, it's fine. It's a misdemeanor.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, Now I don't understand. And he was he sentenced for a total of one year.
Speaker 13: Right, well, fifteen months. They gave him some time served, so he's supposed to be in there with the mandatory release date of December thirtieth, so he can get out early and do you like not?
Speaker 3: No, that's with good behavior. But he's not going to get out early, right.
Speaker 13: But he keeps not getting yes, so he'll earn a level and then then something like this will happen. And so but there's also you know, there's a lot to this because he has like certain things like in his room, notebooks where he can write stuff, and they're not they're not level earned, so they'll take they'll take his stuff and not give it back.
Speaker 3: He'll get to tell me why are they picking are they picking on him?
Speaker 13: Or this is going on for other kids as well, And I have several meetings set up with the staff there to figure out what's going on. But a lot of these kids have diagnosis like PTSD. You know, a lot of them have been through trauma in their life, you know, and so well, okay.
Speaker 3: Well did you ever get your meeting? Did you ever get your meeting?
Speaker 13: So I have a meeting today, but they have cleared it.
Speaker 3: Okay, will you return? You call us back and let please call us.
Speaker 17: Back and let us know for Rachel Toms.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. By the way, bo, are you and docback at the station.
Speaker 17: We're here staring at each other looking for something to do.
Speaker 4: Good. I want to make sure I'm going to put you to work. Go ahead. What is your suggestion, Rachel?
Speaker 18: Did you happen to contact the Western Regional Office of the Bureau of Prisons.
Speaker 17: No, I'll give you a phone number.
Speaker 18: You can call them and they'll find out what office controls that facility in Greeley.
Speaker 17: And you can file an official complaint. It's Bureau.
Speaker 18: It's the Bureau of Prisons and it's the Western Regional Office.
Speaker 17: I'm going to give you the phone number.
Speaker 4: It's you want to do it right now?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 13: Does this deal with juveniles?
Speaker 17: Well, yes, it's the whole prison system. But they'll get you in touch. What office deals with the juvenile facilities?
Speaker 13: Okay, great, thank you.
Speaker 18: It's two oh nine area code two oh nine nine five six ninety seven hundred. I'd call him right now and get a complaint going against this facility in Greeley.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Absolutely, Hey, Rachel, have you tried getting your representative involved in this, any kind of anybody in the legislature that you've talked to.
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 20: Well, I think that would also be a good thing to do, is find out who your state representative is and then talk to them about it and see if they can put some pressure on to get some information for you or to you know, get the prison to be a little bit a bit more transparent.
Speaker 13: Okay, I listen.
Speaker 3: I want you to call us back, Rachel. I want you to call us back.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you something, and I think you've found this. Let me let me ask you, honestly, you have found this. Whenever you say you have a kid or or a relative in detention or jail, whatever, prison, it doesn't matter, and then you go ahead to say he's being mistreated, I'll bet you get the eyes rolling and like sure, you know what? Or do you get people sympathetic? What is your first repe Because Rachel, people.
Speaker 4: Tend to think, uh, you know, they're in you know, they're convicted, they're in trouble, they're doing their time, they're just bitching and moaning. But is that the impression you get or do you get sympathetic ears?
Speaker 13: You know, I think my family has been very synthetic. I really haven't talked to anyone in the outside world about it. Ye kind of prose. But I did reach out to that mom who wrote that blog because it happened to her daughter, and you know, she she really had a hard time with it. Nobody would help her, so she went through kind of and it was the same facility Platte Valley, same facility, and the girl is saying the same exact thing that these other children, including mine, are saying. They take them to the room where there's no cameras and they beat the living hell.
Speaker 15: Out of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that's going on. That's dead wrong. That's dead wrong.
Speaker 13: It's horrible.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you is there a way you can get us contact information for yourself along with that other woman.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll call you off the air and talk about this. Hey, Deputy Bow, Yes, Deputy Bow, I want to sign you assign you this to just do some probing.
Speaker 3: Bo's pretty damn good at that and don't contact them yet, but just talk to that previous mom and see, you know, let's assess the credibility here.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's just assess the credibility.
Speaker 3: Rachel, hang on and uh Kaschina's going to get information from you. I'm Tom Martine three O three seven one three eight two five five D. Do you have an update of any kind because I saw you on the phone.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was on the phone, but I'm still waiting for that gentleman to send me the last couple of statements from Wetara.
Speaker 5: He did say something that that's.
Speaker 3: Very and it's just a guy who went to Target bought a nightgown for his daughter. She's disabled. He wanted us to know, you know, he's the caretaker. Right after he left the store, five thousand dollars worth of clothes show up on the same credit card.
Speaker 4: He believes it was the clerk. He didn't tell us why, but he said who else could it be?
Speaker 5: So go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So something he said that was very very interesting and got me very suspicious is he said that when I asked him for we Stara's statements, he said, oh, I, you know, I I really have very few of them. And I said, well, they send you one every month. He said, no, they don't. I only get them a couple of times a year or something like that. I wonder what is going on. But what I think is going on is I didn't tell him this, but I want to his mail maybe getting stolen. And if that's the case.
Speaker 5: That only thinks to me.
Speaker 12: Well, he said that he doesn't get a monthly statement from wes Stara, But I know for a fact that all credit card issuers send you a monthly stayah, but whether you want it or not the end of state.
Speaker 4: Let's let's figure out what the hell is.
Speaker 5: So if somebody is stealing his mail, I don't think one. Yeah, we'll find out, but let's see what.
Speaker 4: The I just don't think.
Speaker 3: I think when everything goes perfectly, he does well. I think when he gets a ripple like this, like oh, I didn't make these charges, he just assumes everyone's going to believe him and do what it takes. He has to actually take the action, and he has to be proactive. And I think he was kind of pissed because he went into the bank and probably said these are not mine and then refused to.
Speaker 4: Deal with it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and Furthermore, he told the bank to go to Target and look at the videos from the target register. So between that and his communications style, which is very I think they just said, dude, you know, have a nice day.
Speaker 5: We're now.
Speaker 3: So what we're going to do is help him do it an actual formal complaint, all right. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five CMG Financial still doing loans, reverse loans, regular loans, the all in one loan, which is a thirty year line of credit. I love that to call her friend John over there three oh three eight A two sixty six seven nine partner in lending dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 3: Somebody texted that fifteen months is way long for a misdemeanor that you know, could you find out off the air, Kelly, and we will not publish it what the offense was, please, so just so we know, I mean, because I do believe they treat people differently based on offenses.
Speaker 4: I really do believe that.
Speaker 3: So this person says, Tom, fifteen months for a misdemeanor, she's being dishonest. You cannot believe her. If she cannot be honest, she's babies him and continues to be his tool to get away from taking responsibility. You know, I knew people would have that reaction. That's not the feeling I get from her. You know, maybe I'm being I don't know, that's just not the feeling I'm getting. And there are people saying they doubt this would ever happen anyway, What were you going to say? And somebody was going to say something three oh three seven go ahead.
Speaker 11: Well you just might be a little naive on that. I think she is coddling the.
Speaker 4: Boy, you do, just because she called about what could be possible beatings, you call that coddling.
Speaker 5: No, that's what.
Speaker 12: I'm to be treated as well as possible.
Speaker 11: But how did he get in there?
Speaker 4: What kind of upbringing?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: And I'm not recommending it be a country club. I'm just saying, you know, obviously, if the guy's a pain in the ass, let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Seriously, let's all talk human to human and forget official stuff.
Speaker 4: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Let's say there's a guy who's just a smart ass and everything they say about up Street, Let's say he's a smart ass, he's a cut up, he's a pain in the ass, he's just a bum.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Is it okay in your opinion? I really want to know this, my morons. You can help me out here, my YouTube morons who give me instant feedback. Is it okay to give him a little ass kicking? I'm serious now, I'm really serious. Like for discipline, I mean, I don't believe the system is set up to do that. I believe you only use enough to restrain them, but you don't just punish them, right, It's not like where you're getting detention with ten paddles, or like in Thailand?
Speaker 4: Was it Thailand? Or we're no no, wait, wait, wait, wait? Where was it those the last Singapore?
Speaker 21: Singapore?
Speaker 4: Singapore? Thank you guys?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Do you remember that? Oh my god, was that pretty brutal stuff? That was brutal stuff, and.
Speaker 5: I might add uncivilized.
Speaker 4: But anyway, is it okay? What do you think? Take? They came round table here, Shannon?
Speaker 3: Do you think those guards have the right every now and then to give an ass kicking?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm sure that if he's acting up, that that behavior needs to be corrected.
Speaker 3: Well, do you think they have the right to maybe just tune them up a little?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm asking straight up?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, a bow? What do you think?
Speaker 17: I certainly do they need a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Now, what's really the shame is his mom, Rachel is out Hember, she's out of state.
Speaker 17: I mean, whilest she out of state when her son's doing fifteen months? I mean I think she should be more football.
Speaker 5: That's not answered the question. So you think it's okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me tell you why it's not okay.
Speaker 20: Tom, Because it's a slippery slope. Who decides what is reasonable corporal punishment and what isn't?
Speaker 21: As soon as you allow somebody, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on that doc.
Speaker 20: As soon as you allow somebody to use force, it becomes harder and harder to define what is reasonable and acceptable force. And there is no way that God should be using physical force on juveniles.
Speaker 18: Well, we don't know what kind of force is used, and we don't know what the crime is.
Speaker 21: That's our whole point. Since you don't know, you can't say.
Speaker 4: Where's to draw the line.
Speaker 3: Right, All right, hang around, We're gonna have more on this discussion, plus your consumer problems, questions, complaints.
Speaker 4: Give us a call right now and.
Speaker 3: Get right through a three h three seven talk seven one three A two five five. You can also call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven. That number is good three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Ripped.
Speaker 1: News Ned advise you don't have.
Speaker 22: Run in chess.
Speaker 1: Ask you that's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martino, and I thank you for the show for being here, because really, without you, there is no show. And thank you to my YouTube morons who faithfully stream, and for all of the many thousands who download one in all. If you're listening to me, please know you can text me directly at any time twenty four to seven, especially during the show at seven four seven nine fifty two eighty. I really want you to know that that is truly my personal cell phone with the Google Voice number. I signed to my cell phone, so I can turn it on and off when I want, but I usually have it on and that is right now. If you did it at texts, it comes right to me. So what I like about that is service to my listeners and people who need help.
Speaker 4: I really put.
Speaker 3: Myself out there on that number, and I ask you to text seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty, So welcome to the show. Three zho three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, there's a controversy brewing both on YouTube and also with my text messaging on the mother who called about her son. There is a prevailing attitude if you're in prison, you're a scumbag, you deserve it, or if you're in detention and you get what you get.
Speaker 4: Or code of conduct. Let's face it. I mean, that doesn't mean.
Speaker 3: You have to be treated like you're you know, at a bay care center or at a carnival, I mean, or a field trip for high school. But at the same time, I don't think it's you know, you're they're already convicted and sentenced and do they deserve You'd be surprised how many people with texted emails or texts mainly and on online, have agreed that it's okay for a guard every now and then to give a pain in the ass kid an ass kicking. I wonder if that was your son or daughter, if you'd feel that way. I don't think I want people meeting out justice the way they feel it's okay. I think you meet out justice the way it's prescribed in the law. We were never meant to have cruel or unusual punishment. Now that wouldn't necessarily be cruel a quick ass kicking, but it certainly would be unusual. And I just don't think there's a place for it. And according to this woman and one who blogged about it years ago, this Plat Valley Juvenile Detention Center has a reputation for using a room with no cameras where they take inmates or whatever you call them, detention ease, detention ease, well, whatever they're inmates, they take them for a good ass kicking. They tune them up, as they say, because they're a pain in the butt. I'm not okay with that. I know we joke a lot on this show about stuff, but I'm not okay with that. Amy, tell us about your two thousand and eleven BMW three thirty five. I. By the way, let me explain something about Beamers. They're wonderful cars, I'm told by all my people, and they still are wonderful when they get older like yours. But they become a problem with oil leaks and maintenance becomes prohibitive almost Amy, how long have you had I just want some basics. Then I'll let you tell your story. How long have you had your twenty eleven BMW.
Speaker 16: I just bought it on I just bought it on January twenty ninth of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, now that would have been okay.
Speaker 3: The reason I say that is having a two thousand and eleven BMW or you're gonna have some problems.
Speaker 4: So why don't you tell your story?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 14: Okay.
Speaker 16: Well, I was looking to buy a car and I had a five dollars I gave myself a five thousand dollars budget and the car was FI FIVEOUSD four hundred and fifty dollars. I thought it was Sir, a private seller. So I I go to meet them. We take it for a drive, and you know, I tell him, well, he's a little shaky, and he's like, well, it's because it's sat for a while. Just drive it for five days and then take it and have the tires or whatever looked at.
Speaker 8: So I.
Speaker 16: I go to North Dakota and I come back and I developed a knock, which was on the second of March, and.
Speaker 4: My checkok I have some questions, say me, there's some holes, there's some holes in the story, and I appreciate the brevity, I really do. So when you bought this car, did you, he said, like, was it did you think you were trying it out? Or did you actually buy it?
Speaker 3: You paid fifty four fifty for a US twenty eleven BMW three thirty five.
Speaker 4: I and this was in January or when did you say it was?
Speaker 16: I bought the car January twenty ninth and twenty twenty. I paid five cash and I paid I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: But okay, did you understand did you understand at the time you bought that that you're buying all of the problems and it's.
Speaker 5: As is.
Speaker 16: I Well, he told me that they had a warranty, and I told him I was interested in purchasing the warranty, and so he gave me the pamphlet to take and to call and purchase the warranty. The warranty people said it, but but.
Speaker 4: Did you did you have the Did you have the warranty?
Speaker 19: Did you have the.
Speaker 4: Warranty when these problems started showing up? No?
Speaker 16: I do not.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, on this road trip, did you drive this all the way to where? Did you say, to Dakota? Where did you drive it.
Speaker 16: North Dakota?
Speaker 3: Okay, the here's here's what I'm saying, what I mean, Here's what I'm gonna ask. What what do you what are you asking us? Or what do you want to happen right now? What do you think is going on?
Speaker 16: Well, I'm not sure, but my car is not driveable and I had the car for thirty one days and he doesn't, he says. When I catch him, he says, well, we'll do something.
Speaker 14: We'll do something.
Speaker 16: I'm in Europe right now. Can you call me back on Wednesday? I wait till Wednesday and he's still hadn't called to find Amy.
Speaker 5: Let's just talk.
Speaker 4: Let's talk facts and stuff all that.
Speaker 5: First.
Speaker 3: I want you to know something seriously, Amy, I'm trying to figure out a way to help you.
Speaker 4: Okay. I really do feel for you.
Speaker 3: I understand this happens to a lot of people, but I have to be straight with you, Okay, right now, As a buy sell thing, unless he did something by mistake or some fraudulent thing, what you bought was a used car as is, and he has zero responsibility to you.
Speaker 4: Zero. That's the cold, hard facts.
Speaker 3: Now, if somehow we find he he did you or lied to you, or or fraudulently induced you to sign the contract. That's a different story, but I caution you that very seldom happens because these used car people know how to do it right, They know how to do it legally, and they know how to trap you in a car. But I have some basic questions. Did you do you have a loan on this car? Or is it paid in full?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 16: I paid paid it in full, okay.
Speaker 4: And did you get paperwork to file for a warranty?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 3: I did, okay, But you did not actually execute the warranty yet.
Speaker 16: I'm not able to the dealership has to do it, okay.
Speaker 3: And when you bought this car, did you have it checked out by a garage beforehand or by a mechanic?
Speaker 4: No? I donot, okay. What's the name of the place you bought this from?
Speaker 14: Car Pros?
Speaker 4: Car Pros? Where are they located?
Speaker 16: They're located in uh On McIntyre.
Speaker 4: In Golden, in Golden, Okay. Now when you had these problems, what did they say they would do for you?
Speaker 16: He said that we will do something. We will do something.
Speaker 4: Call me on Wednesday, so in less than thirty days, tell me what's wrong. With it right now.
Speaker 5: That came up.
Speaker 16: It won't start.
Speaker 4: What did you discover? But did you get an official diagnosis?
Speaker 16: Yes, I took it to O'Reilly's Autoparts and they scanned it. They put it on the OBDI scanner and it came up with the trouble codes PO three hundred, which is a general engine code, and then PO three TOHO two and PO three oh five.
Speaker 3: And Amy, if you get right now, if you get in your car right now, Amy, if you get in your car right now, start it up and try to drive it somewhere.
Speaker 5: What happens?
Speaker 16: It doesn't start, there's no turnover, there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what I want to do. Here's what I want to do. Do you have do you have any money? And we're not trying to hit you up for this. I'm asking this as a matter of practicality. If it needs repair, it may not be serious. You're assuming it is. We don't know what's wrong with that car yet, So what if I could get that car over to a place to have them check it out to see what's wrong with it?
Speaker 5: First?
Speaker 4: Let's start there. That's where we need to start.
Speaker 3: But I want to get Kevin Colkin on with you our car expert, one of our car experts. If you can hang on, we're going to try to get Kevin on to talk about this. So so just hang tight, and I understand your frustration.
Speaker 4: I do feel for you. This happens to a lot of us, it does.
Speaker 5: It just does.
Speaker 3: And I know I tell people, you know you should, you should always get a card checked out and all that, but so many people don't. I'm going to try to help you. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Frank durand the real estate Man will do an evaluation of your home right now, free for the asking. It's a complete analysis of what it will sell for and what you will net in this market. That's how wonderful Frank is. He's doing this free and it takes into consideration all of the market conditions. So get an accurate idea of what your house will bring you. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Frank.
Speaker 5: Duran the real estate Man dot com.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you are content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Let me get to the phones here and so I'm go on it.
Speaker 4: Here we go. Okay, So.
Speaker 3: We're waiting for our car expert, Kevin Calking to come on, and then we're also going to talk about whatever is on your mind.
Speaker 4: Give us a call. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. So I have a text here.
Speaker 3: This says Tom, that's in human to apply random punishment by the guards. What I say is one better know how to throw hands when they are incarcerated.
Speaker 5: What wait better?
Speaker 3: No, I don't even know what that means, but I will say one better know oh how to throw hands when they are incarcerated because other prisoners and guards will prey on them. Well, look you can't fight your way through prison. It's not going to work. Juvenile detention facilities. Here's another text. Juvenile detention facilities are managed by the Colorado Division of Youth Services. The Federal Bureau of Prisons won't have any information for that woman, so BO they said it was the juvenile it's the Colorado Division of Youth Services. She should contact BO. I think gave out that number. And by the way, if you have a reason to chime in, you don't want to get on the phone, you want to text, you can do so at seven four seven nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty somebody else says, Tom, I told you this would happen. Trump wants to be a dictator and is trying to stay in office even beyond his second term.
Speaker 5: Now, and you said it wasn't possible.
Speaker 3: Well, I still say it's not possible to be a dictator in the United States the way we're set up, and no one will put up with it now, as far as by the way, you can get calls in at three oh three. Don't don't let me interrupt you. I'll take you right away. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one, three, eight, two, five, five or three oh three Martino. Now the fact that he's trying to do a third term, you know, let him do it, right, I think that's far from wanting to be a dictator. But people are so paranoid right now. They they they're beside themselves. Now, another text about that kid in juvenile detention and the mom called this text says, she told you two rules had been broken already, sitting on the desk and having stuff in his room that he's not qualified to have.
Speaker 4: He's being a punk.
Speaker 3: They're treating him like a punk, okay, but does that mean they have the right to just give him an ass kicking every now and then? Seriously? Now, this one says Tom, I think the guards do need to tune up some of the inmates occasionally. In some cases it may be the first real discipline they've ever gotten in their lives. It might help them decide to act better in the future so they don't end up in jail again. And that's from Rob in Tennessee. Thank you Rob very much from Tennessee. Another one says, you know what, you really should not leave it up to the discretion of guards. Some guards might be brutal, others not so brutal. And I totally agree. It's this cannot be done on a hey does he need it or not?
Speaker 5: Basis.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should leave it under the gut, I mean up to.
Speaker 3: The gut of the guards on duty, for God's sakes, on when they want to give someone an ask kicky.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 12: I think that we're also missing some of the context. The caller didn't mention what this kid is in for and what the entirety of his arrest and conviction record is.
Speaker 21: Like, it doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. Gods should not be hitting you.
Speaker 4: Hear what Doc is saying. By the way, Doc is saying, go ahead, Doc, you wanted to interject, Go ahead, Doc, it doesn't matter what further Wait wait, Doc, go ahead, I'm sorry, go ahead. What were you going to say? It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter what he's in for.
Speaker 21: The guards have no right to strike a juvenile.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we don't know what actually happened because in part, in part is because we don't even know what the preceding events are that led to this alleged assault. Right, So if he took a swing at the guard, the guard is going to do more than take one swing back. So we have absolutely no information to theorize what happened, why it happened, and whether or not it was justified.
Speaker 3: Okay, but when would it I'm going to ask you now, put you on the spot. When would it be justified?
Speaker 12: And ass kicking is never justified. What is justified is legitimate self defense.
Speaker 4: And force to subdue them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Okay, I see what you're saying. So you're saying this could have been just them trying to subdue the kid.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, And that does involve what we would otherwise term.
Speaker 4: And ask kicking.
Speaker 12: We're not talking about I was sitting in Bible study and they pulled him into a windowless room without cameras. That's all so soundproof and just beat the snot out of him. I guarantee you that didn't happen. So unless we have information about the preceding events, there's no I mean, none of us can make an intelligence.
Speaker 5: But even whether or not it.
Speaker 4: Was just okay, but even undue force for subduing is out of line too. It's undue. Oh yeah, Doc, did you want to say something, No.
Speaker 21: No, I'm just saying I agree. If it's self defense.
Speaker 20: That's one thing we're talking about using corporal punishment as a punishment for other either minor infractions or just to intimidate.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we can all agree on that, Doc, You're one hundred percent correct. I just have a feeling that what led up to this so called ass kicking is is going to be pretty significant if we ever learned that you know the truth of what really happened in this matter, which we'll never know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, we have to take a quick break.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one three talks seven to one three eight, two five five. And I want to tell you about renew Home Innovations. And if you want the most beautiful walking showers, picture this sheet porcelain and it's not thin little stuff. It's a beautiful slab of porcelain for your showers, your backsplashes, your walls, wherever you want it like a wainscoating.
Speaker 5: And they do it all in just a few days.
Speaker 3: And you have several options to pay over time with lower no interest renew home Innovations dot com, no maintenance, walk in beautiful showers and they're made to your liking, just the way you move.
Speaker 5: They have all kinds of options.
Speaker 3: Call them three oh three nine zer A four two thousand, three oh three nine er A four two thousand, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three and seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. I'm here with Deputy d at the home studio, and then we have at the at the mothership, Deputy Bow and Deputy Doc holding down the four along with Kachina colorI and of course Shannon on the controls. And I use that word lightly controls because he just basically sits back and he gets interrupted by the show every now and then.
Speaker 4: You will, so let's talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Now, speaking of tuning up several opinions here. Someone's saying they doubt it's happening the way she describes it. I doubt they're just randomly kicking people's butt. They probably just trying to.
Speaker 4: Restrain them, you know what.
Speaker 3: And then and then you know, the kid thinks, oh, you were too harsh. It's probably the first time he's ever had discipline. Someone says hitting is not disciplined. Discipline means to teach. Hitting a kid in Jubile's attention, unless it's really in self defense, is unacceptable. Hitting could trigger trauma response. Some kids could be victims of abuse, and hitting them could increase they're already trauma sized psyches and lead to more violence and inappropriate behaviors.
Speaker 4: So that's well thought out. That's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, truly, if a kid did witness, you know, un or excessive discipline or or whatever, or or harshness, it doesn't teach them anything.
Speaker 4: But again, we don't know if it's if it's happening or not.
Speaker 15: Didn't say didn't she say that one of the incidents happened because he was sitting on a table on.
Speaker 4: A table, Yes, he refused to get off right.
Speaker 15: So I heard Doc saying they shouldn't do anything physical, so you allow them.
Speaker 4: To sit on the table for the rest of their life or how does that work? No, I don't think. I think he means that they shouldn't beat him.
Speaker 21: I said, you shouldn't use beating as a punishment.
Speaker 4: If I don't think if I don't think they did.
Speaker 15: I think they had to forcibly remove them because he was out of control.
Speaker 20: If the kid is sitting on a table and he won't respond to verbal commands, then of course you need to use you need to use physical force to tap some blowny. But I'm talking about using it as a beating or giving God's free reign to you.
Speaker 5: Don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think they do that.
Speaker 15: I think basically the kid was out of control and you know, he was fighting them the whole way and they ended up taking him down.
Speaker 20: If that's the case, that self defense and the kid initiated the physical contact, that.
Speaker 4: If we find out, what what did this kid do? I didn't hear that party, No, okay, we he's in for something that what is it related to a gun charge?
Speaker 17: I called Rachel.
Speaker 21: During the break, he was stopped with several other.
Speaker 18: Persons and they searched him and found out, Uh, there was a possession.
Speaker 17: Of a firearm without a permit.
Speaker 4: Now, who the hell gets a uniss?
Speaker 5: Well, that's a half for that.
Speaker 17: I looked it up.
Speaker 18: Possession of a firearm without a permit can be eighteen months in prison.
Speaker 17: So they gave him the maximum.
Speaker 5: Wow, call her alof they did.
Speaker 4: And because he's a juvenile, they that's amazing and it was one time offense.
Speaker 17: I asked her about that.
Speaker 18: So she's supposed to have a virtual meeting with this juvenile facility in Greeley, and I told her to give this give me a.
Speaker 4: Call after the miss.
Speaker 15: Whole thing sounds it's not passing the smell test.
Speaker 4: Now that I heard this gun thing, I mean and I don't understand.
Speaker 15: Once again, So you're saying, if the kid has a gun, not like threatening people, not shooting people, but if the kid has a gun, they go to JUVI.
Speaker 4: For eighteen months. I've never heard of anything like that. He might have had, he might have had some issues in the past.
Speaker 3: And then they took it into consideration. Hey listen, Amy, don't bring Amy up. But we don't have Kevin available. Will he be available for any of the show?
Speaker 4: If not, let's get Jeff vic from Kimmer Transmission on.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get Jeff Vick on and then if not Jeff, we'll go. We'll go down the line to our auto experts. We can get honest, accurate.
Speaker 4: Auto on.
Speaker 3: Or we can try him right now if you want, get Jesse on and then Amy, we're trying to get one of our experts to talk about your BMW in general, to see what the heck we can do with you. If she bought it used, did not get it checked out, she has, she can't drive it right now. She doesn't even really know what's wrong with it. But I told her she's not going to get the dealer to.
Speaker 4: Do anything.
Speaker 3: Because it's as is. Jane, let's talk to you about your town home.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 22: Jane?
Speaker 14: Okay, yes, hi, Hi, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: I can hear you?
Speaker 5: Just great, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 20: I have a.
Speaker 14: Roof that was replaced on my town home and the entire town home was reroofed because of a hailstorm.
Speaker 3: Now, when they do the town homes, wait wait, wait, wait one second, Jane, when they do the roof, did one roofer do all the townhomes? And you pay for your section. Is that how it worked? Or did you hire your own person?
Speaker 14: No, the HOA hired them and then they did a special assessment.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, And.
Speaker 14: So everything was done to the HOA company. The roofer hit my gas line.
Speaker 9: And the refusing to pay for it.
Speaker 4: Now what gas line? Are you on the bottom floor?
Speaker 14: No, I'm on an end unit and the gas line runs up the side and then it goes into the attic and over to the hot water heater and turnis.
Speaker 3: And it was only it was only your gas line. It wasn't a gas line to the builder, to the building.
Speaker 14: Right, each unit has their own.
Speaker 3: And what did and what did you have to do? Did you have to have it fixed on your dime? Did you pay for it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 14: I didn't know. I didn't know what had happened, even know it was the working company that did it until the plumbers came out and investigated and found the leak and it was up off that really.
Speaker 4: Why did the plumbers come out? Why did the plumbers come out?
Speaker 14: Because you could smell gas and they excel tag the property.
Speaker 4: Who called the plumbers?
Speaker 14: Well I did because I didn't know what happened.
Speaker 13: I didn't Okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: Now that's good, Jane, that's good. So so tell me something. Did you have to pay to fix it?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 5: I did pay to fix it.
Speaker 4: How much did you take.
Speaker 14: It's going to be right, about six thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: I've paid all the No, wait a minute, wait a minute, you had to pay six thousand dollars. Yes, and and wait a minute, and they're not taking responsibility. What do they say? It's your problem?
Speaker 14: Yeah, they said, they said, they're basically just saying that they really didn't know that the gas line ran there. That's basically what they're saying.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, that's some okay, but you have a diagnosis. And the guy that came out said, look, your gas line is bad. Did they hit the meter? Did they break the meter? How did you have six thousand dollars here? Can you send a copy of your repair invoice to us?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I can see you the pictures and the repair. The gas line goes up on the outside of the building. It's in unit, goes up to the second firs.
Speaker 4: Are they denying? But why are they denying the claim? I don't understand this. You you didn't do it? Whether and they did the roof and the roof or did it? Why are they not fixing? Why do they not think? The response.
Speaker 14: Say, Okay, the place is built in two thousand and nine, they said something about code in twenty eighteen is different for.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter you.
Speaker 3: They broke your stuff. The contractor broke your stuff. Listen, hang on, okay, just hang on. I'm gonna come back and tell you what the hell to do. In fact, Mark will tell you what to do. He's better at this particular one. And then we have Jeff Fick from camera transition to speak to that other auto problem. If we can get her back on, I'm Tom Martino Moore coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. Jeff fit camera transmission. We don't have the consumer on, but she has, but I still want to run this by you, okay. A twenty eleven BMW twenty eleven she bought. She took a road trip, and she said she experienced a complete breakdown and it threw some codes.
Speaker 4: Now, did anyone write down those?
Speaker 5: Did you write down those codes? She had two codes.
Speaker 12: One of them was the typical code you get, basically telling you that there is a trouble code. It's like the general you know, general trouble code. You know what I mean, Jeff.
Speaker 9: Light on the dash, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: That's really what that code says.
Speaker 12: But she did mention some thing and passing that I think is critically important, which is why it'd be great to get her back on the line. She said, on her drive back from South Dakota, the car developed a knock. So to me, it sounds like it's not long for this world, and unfortunately she's just no longer on the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she never told us how many miles on it, but in general, let's just be honest about it.
Speaker 4: A ten year old Beamer. They're pretty much junk, aren't they.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: No, And we've talked about most of the European vehicles before me, and they're wonderful when they're new, you know, but once I hit that sixty five seventy one thousand mile mark, you usually want to dump them because that's when all the trouble starts to come in.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 9: They leak all over the place, and when you have the even what seems a small repair, they're going to be expensive when it comes to something like a knock. You talk about it. It was that knock associated the engine speed with a road speed. It could be just about anything.
Speaker 5: You have so many.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're trying to get her back on Hey, Kashina, do we not have her contact information?
Speaker 8: We do?
Speaker 4: I try to get her back on Tom. She's not answering.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well she might not like what she hears, But Jeff, she did not actually get a diagnosis from anywhere. She took it to an auto parts store. When they run those codes, they can't tell you what's wrong with the car, can they.
Speaker 9: No, they're pretty generic. I mean, I mean, trouble code to begin with doesn't necessarily tell you what's wrong with the car. It definitely tells you what area you want to start looking in, and that's when the true diagnosis comes together. Nothing against the guys at the autopart stores are providing a free service, so you can't really argue with free, you know, but they at least give you an idea what you're dealing with. My biggest complaint with them is they usually give them recommended repairs to go along with it. You know, if these guys knew what they were doing with repairs, they wouldn't be selling parts.
Speaker 3: So really it's okay to get a general idea. That's what codes do. But codes never pinpoint the problem itself.
Speaker 5: Does it?
Speaker 22: Do?
Speaker 9: They very very seldom. There are times that they do a very seldom. Most of the time, we've got a problem in this circuit. It could be hydraulic, it could be electrical, mechanical.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Jeff Jeffick Transmissions, Denver dot Com. He's at Kimera Transmission three ZHO three six nine three fourteen hundred.
Speaker 5: Thank you for weighing in on it.
Speaker 3: Jane, back to you, Jane, I want Mark to help us here after we call them.
Speaker 4: But when they were.
Speaker 3: Replacing the roof on the town home. The HOA hired the roofer. The roofer hit your gas line. I want some very basic information. When they hit your gas line, did they admit that they hit your gas line? Or did they go about their business and someone else discovered it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, when they hit the gas line, the property was vacant. I did not know it was the roofers, the constant.
Speaker 3: How did gas get turn anyone? How do you know the roofers did it. Let's put it that way. I'm sorry, Mark, but how do you know they even did it?
Speaker 4: How do you know?
Speaker 14: I have pictures and sitting to your troubleshooting website.
Speaker 5: Okay, email okay.
Speaker 4: And do the pictures show where where a back hoe or something hit it?
Speaker 6: No, they hit it with the nail.
Speaker 5: With a nail.
Speaker 4: Explain that to me.
Speaker 14: The gasline goes up the side of the building from the meter.
Speaker 6: Yes, in the wall.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait on the outside of the wall is it hold on? Is it on the outside of the wall or the inside of the wall inside?
Speaker 3: Okay, So your gas line goes up through the studs on the inside of the wall up to your chanicle and they were nailing from the outside in and hit your gas line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what what were they nailing on the side? Good question.
Speaker 14: The roof they're redoing machineles.
Speaker 4: And the roof by the.
Speaker 14: Way, I think they I think their nails were just way too long.
Speaker 15: But anyway, did they call that's just real quick, real quick? Did they call the fire department? I mean, who noticed it was broke?
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, like when they tip punctured with a.
Speaker 5: Jane.
Speaker 3: We have to get to the bottom of this mark. It's very difficult to get information. I just need to know they hit it with a nail. How many days later did someone discover it? And how was it discovered? Just plain English? How did it happen? They hit it with a nail gun and then somebody discovered it. Go with a sure thing then vers best Roofer, Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Wave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 22: Yeah, Rid News needs who you don't have?
Speaker 4: Run anxious as fast.
Speaker 1: As we can show Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Here to help you anyway we can to solve your problems, to answer your questions, take your complaints, make your life a little easier. Coming up, Barry Miller will be here.
Speaker 3: With the Stera turnkey to talk about our seminar coming up on the Is that this coming?
Speaker 4: That's this coming Saturday? This coming Saturday? Okay, yeah, okay fifth or, as Mark would say, next Saturday.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's whatever, the next whatever the next Saturday is, it's it's it at the end of this week. Anyway, Jane. I want to go back to Jane and talk to her about her town home. Jane, I just need some very basic information because I'm very confused. They're putting on a roof and a nail gun hits your gas line. By the way, it's not unheard of that nail guns will hit lines like copper and all that. I've never actually heard them hitting a gas line. And that has to be one powerful sob to be able to penetrate that line. I mean, I don't even know how it did. So you have a picture of it, of the nail through the pipe?
Speaker 22: Is that right?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: At the moment they did that, Noe.
Speaker 3: Jane, At the moment they did it, did someone say, oh, I hit a gas line? Or did they just go about not realizing? Okay, now now now let's fast forward.
Speaker 4: They finished the job, and then how many days later did you discover it?
Speaker 14: Well, about a week later. I was there as if the town home was vacant, and I smelled it.
Speaker 4: Okay, you smelled gas a week later and you called who.
Speaker 14: Excelled?
Speaker 4: Okay? And then they came out and did they show you that damage?
Speaker 14: No, they didn't know where it was coming from.
Speaker 4: Did they tagged the so what did they do?
Speaker 14: They turned off the gas?
Speaker 7: And then what the property?
Speaker 14: And then then I called the plumbing company?
Speaker 4: What company? What company? Bell Bell Plumbing? And and why was it six thousand dollars? That's the part I don't understand.
Speaker 14: Well, the first visit they had it was almost two thousand dollars and they couldn't find the source. Then they came back.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, two thousand dollars for what? What did they charge you two thousand dollars.
Speaker 14: For to look for the damage?
Speaker 4: And they charged you two thousand dollars even though they couldn't find the leak?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 3: And then what when they couldn't find the leak, did they say so sorry, ma'am, here's a two thousand dollars bill.
Speaker 14: No, they said they would send a different team to investigate this in their company, and that that team charged another three thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: So that's where you got your six grand, Right, it's.
Speaker 14: Almost six grand. They bell plumbing had opened up the wall in the garage, and they don't repair the wall after they do that, I have to hire a.
Speaker 3: Okay, So how did the second team? How how did the second team find it?
Speaker 11: By going up in the attic?
Speaker 3: They traced the line to the addict right, and they saw and they took a picture of the nail. Yeah, did they say it was recently done?
Speaker 4: Could they tell? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was, Well, you can tell if it was recent or not. It's either old or it's newer. Kelly, were you able to find the email she sent us so we can look at this damn.
Speaker 13: Thing right now?
Speaker 11: Please check your inbox.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to check the email here and figure it out. So when you discovered it, what's the very first thing you did when you discovered.
Speaker 8: It, Daniel?
Speaker 14: In the gas line?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Or well the mate?
Speaker 3: Okay, this gas line. By the way, now I understand this, hey bo. You asked, how could it pierce it? This is a yellow This is a yellow plastic gas line.
Speaker 17: They used connectors.
Speaker 4: It's the kind they used.
Speaker 3: It's the new gas eye and it's definitely her gas and you could definitely see it. And now I see where it comes up near the roof down to her mechanical you can plainly see it with these pictures.
Speaker 4: The gas line was installed properly.
Speaker 3: The fact that they hit it's not really negligent, because I mean, they didn't know it was there.
Speaker 4: Should they have known? I don't know what the answer is going to be on that. Should they have known? They how would they know?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I don't know how they would know.
Speaker 18: Well, the fact of the matter is the roofing company caused the leak by their nail guns.
Speaker 4: I think they say, there's no doubt about it, but you don't show the nail into it. All they show is the nail hole. Where is the nail?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 4: Okay, good, you don't have to show it to you, Hey, Mark, Mark Mark. What if she just takes them to small claims Court for the report?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean that's an avenue. That's an avenue to go. But let me give you my thoughts on this real quick. We had a fence put in years ago I called eight eight eight or whatever it is, where they come out and they, uh, you know, they mark all the gas lines in the neighborhood or on my property. So they marked where the gas line was. The fence guy comes out and he ends up hitting the gas line. The problem was when they developed my house, instead of feeding the gas line from where they told the county they did, they did it from this street on the other side.
Speaker 4: So where they marked a gas line, there was no gas line.
Speaker 15: Where the guy hit my gas line, there wasn't supposed to be a gas line, but there was. So then the question became who's paying for the bill Because the fire trucks came out, they had to repair.
Speaker 4: It was like a two thousand dollars bill.
Speaker 15: I ended up paying for it because how would they possibly have known that that gas line was there? I mean, I had no argument. I don't understand what her argument would be. It's a roofer, they come out, How would they know there's a plastic gas line under the decking in the wood?
Speaker 4: I just don't find it their issue. No, there's no there is no way they would know. There is no way they would know.
Speaker 14: It's not plastic. It's stainless steel.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's a core, yeah, but it is kind of okay, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It's a flex line.
Speaker 3: It's a stainless woven flex line with plastic over it.
Speaker 4: It's what they use for direct barry. So it's like going into a washing or i'm sorry, a dryer basically, yeah, kind of mark kinda yeah, the kind you see come out, those yellow flex lines. Now, I can think pictures of it, Tom, I'm looking at the pictures and look how that thing's routed. I mean, look at it. How would they It's it's random. Well, I think I let's ask a roofer.
Speaker 3: Let's ask a roofer, like for example, would Jay Bretts at Excel roofing, would their crews go up and look what is being nailed? I want to know if they do that and they'll tell me the truth, I'm going I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to send this to him so he can see what we're talking about.
Speaker 11: I never have any reason so ever to go into an attic and look underneath the decking first before they go on the under the roof.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what I was wondering. Dragon.
Speaker 3: I wonder like, would you go up and say, let's see what we're looking at here to make sure you're not nailing into something.
Speaker 4: I don't know the answer to that. I think it's very unusual to have a gas.
Speaker 3: Line there, and they can make the argument that it wasn't in normal place and it wasn't supposed to be there.
Speaker 4: I don't know, d what were you going to say?
Speaker 12: I think Jane's argument hinge just on something important she mentioned in passing. She and Jane correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't you allege that this is gonna extraordinarily long nail? They used something that's out of the ordinary.
Speaker 4: How would you know.
Speaker 5: How long is this nail?
Speaker 13: Well, I'd have to find out, But I do have a picture with nail, well roughly does.
Speaker 4: It look like okay, all right, hey, we just got it.
Speaker 15: I just got a text from Schamansky, the owner of Genesis, who of course we've known forever. He said, it's the fault to whoever installed the gas line. There's no way the gas that's kind of true too, should ever be that close to the roof? Does she own this roof, by the way, I forgot is it a condo or a townhome?
Speaker 4: She owns her town home. She owns her town home.
Speaker 3: But to try Mark, I think the absolute statut limitations would be up on the installer of the gas line.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was anything so to do.
Speaker 15: But if you look at it, who would ever guess looking at this that that thing was routed that way?
Speaker 4: It's absolutely insane.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like haphazardly routed. It just like goes up the side through the ceiling and or through the roof, and say, we are.
Speaker 15: And she's saying that's not to me. That looks like pecks or something. I mean, she's saying that's steel. That can't be steel.
Speaker 4: It's snaked around mark Mark.
Speaker 3: Mark is woven stainless steel. That's what it's woven pipe. I know it's flexible. So yeah, So here's the point. Was the roof for negligent. No, they weren't doing anything except nailing down the roof.
Speaker 5: What if they were using extraordinarily long nails in this section of I guess.
Speaker 4: But here's the point. I don't think that's going to be the issue.
Speaker 3: Can we get jabretts On or get Henry bretts On to talk about this?
Speaker 4: I sent it to both of them, and I'll say this to what Dmitri just said.
Speaker 15: Dmitri, if you go up to my roof right now, in fact, I would guess you went up to ten different roofs, eight or nine of them are going to have nails coming through the decking.
Speaker 4: It's just I don't know it happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, you're right.
Speaker 12: I've never seen a roof that doesn't have nails sticking into the interior space. But they're roofing nails. They only sticking out just a little. Yeah, but let's see if that's a factor. Let's let's use the framing nail for god's sake, let's they're comparatively negligent.
Speaker 4: Well, but but no one except who putsing to be right under the roof.
Speaker 15: Yet, who would actually put a gas line right up against the decking?
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 12: Well, I agree with you there, but my point is if if the roofer used proper nails, they would not have punctured.
Speaker 5: Well, we don't know yet because we haven't in the picture of this tale.
Speaker 4: And okay if they no, no, no, I'm looking at long nails, Dmitri. I'll send you the email too. I don't know why you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to send me to Mark. It didn't come in the first email. The pictures of the nail.
Speaker 4: Did you have it?
Speaker 8: Well, you got it.
Speaker 15: There's like five hundred photos. You gotta just find one where you can see the decking and zoom in. But yeah, absolutely, all right.
Speaker 3: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three A two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remail Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. You know we're trying to decide was the roof for negligent?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Henry Brett is with Excel Roofing, and I'm going to ask him a question, Henry, when you guys put on a roof, do you ever puncture lines as you're as you're nailing down to the decking? Do you ever do the nails ever go through something on the other side?
Speaker 19: Hey, Tom, thanks for having me on. We do occasionally have that happen.
Speaker 11: And you know, by code, no.
Speaker 19: Gas lines, water lines or anything should be close enough to that decking to have a nail penetrated. So if a nail was to penetrate a gas line, that gas line is in operly fastened within that attic.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm thinking for sure, That's what Thanks for answering that well.
Speaker 11: And then the other thing had that happen.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm sure you have. The other thing is, imagine if there was rolled on insulation under the decking. You can't expect a roofer to go up there remove all the insulation to make sure some numb nuts installed a gas line wrong?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, an electrical too. You're not supposed to have electrical up there, either, right, Henry. Yeah.
Speaker 19: And like I said, anything that a nail could penetrate by code should not be placed there.
Speaker 4: I forget.
Speaker 19: It should be about six inches. I mean, truly, it should be about a foot away from any decking or any ridge.
Speaker 3: Okay, And that's Henry with excel Roofing ex cel as an excellent excel roofing dot com three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred. Thank you, Henry, appreciate that very much. And by the way, they're doing some gutter cleanings too. Give them a call for their specials.
Speaker 4: Okay. I think Jane is not as plain Jane as we thought it was.
Speaker 3: I think you may you may have a problem here because the line was not done properly. I think you're going to have a problem. Really, that line shouldn't have been where it is, and the roofer and the roofer and the hoa. The roofer and the hoa can say, listen, not our problem. But here's what I want to know, Jane. You got to correct it for the future. Did they move that line away from where it can be nailed?
Speaker 14: Yeah, if you look at one of those pictures that shows that it's moved to a secure location next to one of the.
Speaker 15: Well, let's see who ran that line, So they did, I doubt the builder. That does not look like something the builder did. Did you have like when you borrow?
Speaker 4: When was that line put in? Jane, that's a good point. When was that line put in?
Speaker 14: When the builder did it? One guaranteed that line has not been touched.
Speaker 18: I'm surprised at pass code because you can't use yellow clornies.
Speaker 5: How old is your unit?
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking. How old is your unit?
Speaker 14: Two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too late to do anything about it, it really is. It's just too dang late.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: That's just under the category that stuff happens. Well, there's a ten year Usually there's a ten listen to this. Usually there's a ten or twelve year absolute statute, which which is an umbrella, meaning most of them start when it's discovered or should have been discovered, and then tolls from there, whether it's a two year, a three year, a six year, but no matter what, there's something also called an absolute statute of limitations, which means, come on, people, you got to give us a break. You know, we can't be responsible for something forever. And that's usually about ten years, and I've seen some twelve years. I don't think you have a prayer in hell of getting that builder to do anything.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 4: Now, the hoa may want to do it.
Speaker 11: Well, if she got a home inspector to look at it, maybe we can go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but those inspectors, they take no responsibility.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 11: I mean it should have been noted in the inspection report though, right that it's not one of the iron pipes, you know what it.
Speaker 5: Should have been.
Speaker 4: It should have been noted as a defect upon inspection.
Speaker 11: So she should have at least known that that was there going into purchasing the home.
Speaker 3: And could have had it corrected. Hey, did you do you have a home inspection? While we're talking about this, Jane, did you have a home?
Speaker 4: How long have you owned it.
Speaker 14: Since I bought it from your builder?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 3: You bought it originally, so she probably did not have an inspection on a new UNIONATA.
Speaker 4: Very seldom do people have inspections on new units.
Speaker 3: But I had an inspection on a new unit, the one I did with vstera turnkey. I'll talk about that coming up, and I want to tell you how everything's going with that. It's an exciting venture and it's an adventure too as I learn how they operate. So if you have a problem, question or complaint, give us a call right now. You'll get right through at three zho three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi tom Archino here three three seven to one three talk seven one three, eight, two five five. So we're having this controversy over this roofing issue. Here's the bottom line. She buys a brand new town home from the builder, and you know, twelve or thirteen years later, her roof is being replaced. The roofer drives a nail through the roof in a section that punctured her gas line. The gas line was run improperly when it was built. It goes up the side of her house on the inside of the wall, and then over the roof deck or under the roof deck without any spacing whatsoever, and then down to her mechanical room and it's covered with insulation.
Speaker 4: There is no way anyone would have known that it was there.
Speaker 3: The roofer did nothing but nailed down roof as they normally would, and it cost her six thousand in repairs. Now think about this. They had to evacuate her gas, do a line, and reroute it at the same time. It wasn't just patching that one little section. They had to make it up to code, which is routing it the right way. So you look, we can look at pricing all we want, but she paid six grand to Bell Plumbing. Kevin has a comment on this situation. We're trying to figure out who's responsible. This is where I think no one's responsible.
Speaker 15: Let me ask you this in your opinion, and I don't care if it's her referral list member or Joe blow plumber. Five thousand dollars to find the leak. Doesn't that seem a little insane?
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: She said it was two thousand. No, no, no, then another first crew.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 15: The first crew was two thousand. The second crew that actually found the leak was three thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well all together it was five or six, just over five. What's your comment, Kevin? Welcome and how do you come into this? Are you an expert of any kind?
Speaker 23: I'm not. I just handed handled a roofing job for a business a while back, and that's so I dealt with the insurance companies and all that. And basically an insurance company was replacing the roof and we had almost the same thing happened, except it was an electrical line got hit by a nail, and so the roofer actually told us you should go to insurance company because this line was not laid in by code, so it was against code. So the insurance company came out, looked at it, and they said, yeah, this is definitely not by code. So the insurance company covered the cost of real I love.
Speaker 4: I wonder if let's call Compass.
Speaker 3: Yes we should. Let's get Compass on the line, Kevin. Have we ever talked before, Kevin?
Speaker 16: We have not.
Speaker 23: I listened to you all the time, smart guy man.
Speaker 4: Okay, great thinking. Thank you, Kevin. We're going to look into that for sure.
Speaker 3: Let's get Brian Burns from Compass Insurance on to talk about the possibility of having this covered.
Speaker 4: And I also hit a nerve with this ass kicking. We called tuning it up.
Speaker 3: Someone said, don't be so cavalier and casual with your terms for violence. If a kid is in juvenile detention or an inmate is in prison or jail, they shouldn't just be tuned up, as you say at the whim of a guard who thinks they're not behaving. There should be very strict standards.
Speaker 4: No. But what I no, No, I explored it.
Speaker 3: What I said was, is there ever a time a good ass kicking is in line and or somebody can just you know, if somebody's a pain in the ass, do you teach them a little lesson.
Speaker 15: I think every parent in the world would agree with that, though, I mean any parent in the world for the most part.
Speaker 4: Forget I'm talking just a parent, but someone's control. No, well, of course not. I'm not saying they should go beat the hell at anybody.
Speaker 15: But my understanding was the kid was sitting on a table well I don't know if it was a dining room table, I don't know what tel it was, and he wouldn't move, so he was being combat of as hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now here's what it says.
Speaker 3: Doc is naive about how bad and disruptive juveniles can be. Ass Kicking for punishment is illegal and wrong, but embelliging what guards do in response is not illegal, So they think that the mom is probably exaggerating. But DOC was saying they should never go outside the law, which is true. I agree with Doc the guards and a one person says, my brother spent thirty five years working for the Denver Sheriff's Department. They have a sort team for that, whatever that is. They have different avenues to go down. I agree with DOC, and there shouldn't be room for hallway justice and they shouldn't go into an area where there are no cameras. Someone else says that comment about leaving it up to the guard to hand out discipline is such bull Tom. I'm sure that guy would not want his own son having his ass kicked every time he turned around. Here's another one, Tom, a retired officer and former common man. The issue is not improper tuning up of misbehaving inmates.
Speaker 4: The issue is that inmates just don't like being controlled, or they don't want to.
Speaker 3: Be in custody, and when they are, they always find they always feel its excessive.
Speaker 4: Force when they have to comply.
Speaker 3: Guards don't risk their jobs and jail for themselves to use unusable, unreasonable force.
Speaker 4: We know these few reasons. We know for a fact.
Speaker 15: We know for a fact there's definitely guards out there, especially in these private prisons, that most likely beat the hell out of people. Not all the time. I'm not saying all of them, but there's bad apples, there's bad cops, there's bad jail guards.
Speaker 3: There's bad well sure, sure, but I think for the most part we probably have a pretty good system.
Speaker 4: Here's another text. This is blowing up this topic.
Speaker 3: Tom, Do you honestly believe that there are still staff members of Platteville. Who have a woody for this kid's dad after all that time, and now they're taking it up on Junior.
Speaker 4: Hey, what was that? I'm sorry I missed that part of it.
Speaker 22: What did dad have?
Speaker 4: Dad was in the same juvenile facility.
Speaker 24: Yes, years prior and was a wise ass, they said, But dad was in the same facility, right, Oh my right, God, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear that part.
Speaker 15: And why is the mother out of state? By the way, when are kids here? To me, this kid didn't have a chance in life.
Speaker 4: How's that?
Speaker 3: Well, we don't know what happened, Mark, I mean, so many parents do everything they can. I mean, I don't know the story there. But all she wanted to know is, hey, you know, is it right that they kick his ass in an area where there's no cameras?
Speaker 15: Two different, two different, two different things altogether. All I'm saying is he did not have the upbringing our kids had. He did not have the upbringing of almost anybody that I know where their dad was in Juvie and he went to the same juvenile place and the mom is in some other state now, So I mean, I'm just saying that's not a recipe for success.
Speaker 4: Well, now what's Mark on for Shamansky from Genesis. He has some great insight on the coding on the gas line.
Speaker 3: Mark Schamansky, Genesistotalexteriors dot com. By the way, Genesis is a great company for everything on the outside of your house plus windows and baths, basements, kitchens. And he is commenting because he also does roof's sofis facia on this situation where the gas line was haphazardly routed through the wall, up through the attic and down to the mechanical room and it was punctured by a roofer's nail.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Mark, Yeah, it's code that should.
Speaker 4: Never be a on the roof sheathing.
Speaker 8: That's the plywood underneath that should be strapped to the rafters on the bottom side of the rafters should be strapped there, shouldn't be loose like so it could move. You know. It does have to be strapped every single choice but or rafter, but it should be strapped for every three or four and have it strapped so will never ever go up to that roof surface where a nail or anything else can penetrate it. You know, when they install the roof before they just got lucky that it never touched the pipe, right, you're right, and Netflix Netflix pipe is easy to penetrate. Yes, it's stainless steel. It's flexible. As you get into a joint, that nail is going to go right through.
Speaker 4: The fallow. So you're saying, you're saying, cot, what do you mean.
Speaker 11: Because in the pictures it's all that flex piping stuff. Is it is that allowed?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, you can have I think it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Flex piping is great stuff because it's very easy to work for. Is a great product. It's never gonna fail. Just don't put a nail in it. Uh but uh yeah. And so it's same thing for a stud like your electrical wires you're plumbing all has to run through a middle of stud in a wall because your strew or your nail has to penetrate three quarters of an inch into that stud or has it penetrate three quarters through the sheathing of the roof has to stick in that much when you go in your roof, you're gonna have three quarters all the way through your roof. That's what's required by.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't know that, Thank you, Mark Genesis Tootal series dot Com three O three six seven nine eighty five nine. Jay has a comment on this. Go ahead, Jay quickly please, Hey there, Tom, Yes, sir, go.
Speaker 6: Ahead, Okay.
Speaker 9: Well, I was was curious if they did that. They were the new builder. They probably had one company doing all the gas. Fine, how many times did they do it?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 4: You know what, I never thought that.
Speaker 3: You're right, Jay, the HUA should probably investigate.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martine here, welcome three oh three seven one three talks seven one three h two five five.
Speaker 4: Brian Burns is our insurance expert.
Speaker 3: Where you can get by the way, your insurance check up at the Insurancehealthcenter dot com or three nine nine six nine thousand. If you want to know if you're paying too much, too little, or basically you need more insurance or less insurance, they give you a complete, unbiased look. Now, Brian Burns, we have a question. I'm going to lay out this scenario for you. I have a town home I bought from the builder thirteen years ago. They're replacing the roof. All of a sudden I smell a gas leak, and the roofer's nail went through the gas line, a flex gas line underneath the roof deck. Now, the gas line thirteen years ago was improperly installed, not according to code. It should have been at the bottom of the rafter, you know, secured. Instead it went up against the roof deck near the rafter and the roof deck.
Speaker 4: So when the nail went in it hit it. Is that an insurable event?
Speaker 3: Because the roof is saying, not my vault and the woman can't go back to the builder thirteen years ago.
Speaker 4: Is that an ensurable event?
Speaker 25: So what she's trying to get in covered is the actual gas line, like getting the gas line fixed?
Speaker 3: What is she what is so well, it costs six thousand dollars to fix the gas line. Yeah, you're not because here's why, Brian, Brian, here's why they Brian.
Speaker 4: They had to replace a section of the gas line. But while they were there, they brought it up to code and re routed it.
Speaker 25: Okay, but yeah, and I get what you're going for here. Ordinance or rock coverage would be something that would cover a change in code. But from what I'm understanding this, it was never in code. It was it was improperly in streight. And so that's that's right, that's actually an exclusion on a homeowner policy.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 25: Yeah, the poor workmanship is not going to be a covered peril underneath the homeowner policy for acclaim.
Speaker 4: Very interesting, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: So because it was never done to begin with the insurance company saying we're not a guarantee or a warranty company.
Speaker 11: Right now, if for.
Speaker 25: Instance, that that was done and at the time it was done in code, it was you know, and now code has changed that you can go to a into your policy and there's coverage called ordinance or law coverage, and that is what will provide coverage if code has changed and you have to replace something because of that.
Speaker 3: Now, if that gas line would have started a fire, ye, would that have been covered?
Speaker 11: Yep? Fire would have been covered by it. Yep.
Speaker 3: Okay, So even if the event, even if the item is uncovered, the damage would be covered.
Speaker 25: Yeah, the product gotch in that case would still be fire and so but you know they're not to pay to have to replace the daffline.
Speaker 12: That was put in there.
Speaker 1: We got it.
Speaker 4: You gotta take a break. We're coming back for the final the show.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: Yeah news need that you.
Speaker 4: Don't have as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shoot's gonna help come.
Speaker 2: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Hi, tol Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Three ZHO three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: What's going on in your life? How do we help you?
Speaker 3: I ask that each and every day and we try to make a difference in your life, as the show's been.
Speaker 4: Doing for forty five years in Denver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the longest running radio show when you consider me still on the air, the same host currently on the air, and today I'm welcoming Barry Miller.
Speaker 4: Barry, let me bring.
Speaker 3: Out my wide shot for those watching video, and Vestera Turnkey is what he invented or developed, and I just want to go over the basics of this. And by the way, feel free to call about any problem, question or complaint. You will get precedent. Or if you want to talk about Vestera Turnkey. I know you've heard a lot about this and you wonder how can Barry make, you know, make claims and how can he say it's not a security and that he's simply selling an opportunity. And I'm going to explain that to you the way it is legally. He is not pooling your money, That's the number one thing. He is not pulling your money when you go to Vestera Turnkey. It's really basic that you know that you are contracting with Vestera Turnkey, and Vestera says they're going to help you buy a property. They're going to help you find management for the property. They're going to walk you through each and every step for closing on the property. They're going to help you get it financed. Then they're going to babysit that property and let you know when to sell it.
Speaker 4: Barry, did I leave anything out? No? No, no, no.
Speaker 22: Summary is research, a lot of research that we provide them with economic reports if they want them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you even take their day to day phone calls. Now, on these rentals, we're not talking about rex and old homes.
Speaker 5: Most of them are newer homes.
Speaker 22: Most of them are newer homes. And if the home is over eighteen years of age, we're big on. Okay, seller, you got to replace the furnace, you got to replace the roof, you got to replace you.
Speaker 4: Know, all of this negotiation is done for you up front. You don't have to do any of it.
Speaker 3: So now you're presented with a home as an individual investor with an obligation to come up with cash somewhere between sixty five and seventy five thousand, depending on the house.
Speaker 4: Okay, now that is your cash. What that allows for us for you to close on the house in your name with a loan in your name as a landlord. They arrange it all and then you have a management company to rent it. The proceeds come and go into your account. You open up a little account for this.
Speaker 3: I would recommend a separate account you open up at the bank for this, and now you have a rental.
Speaker 5: It's that simple.
Speaker 3: Now, if ever you run, you know, Barry recommends when you put the cash up, part of it be a pad.
Speaker 4: Have you ever had to feed? Do any of your owners ever have to feed the rental?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 22: Occasionally for a year or a year and a half because of our high interest rates. There's a small, small, negative cash flow to cover everything. But when I say small, I'm talking fifty to seventy five eighty dollars a month, and that's a maybe, and it typically doesn't last more than a year three months.
Speaker 3: And then when you sell the home, you sell it for profit, and that's where most of the money is.
Speaker 22: Big profit, big profit, you bet, because the research has found the neighborhoods in the country. Now we're looking at tens of thousands of neighborhoods. When we narrow it down to our top five or six cities, and they receive a forty forty five fifty percent return okay, after the sale.
Speaker 4: After the sale, then they can choose to roll that into another one.
Speaker 22: That's what most people do ten thirty one rollovers.
Speaker 5: Do you handle all that for them?
Speaker 22: We handle all of that for them, not the intermediary.
Speaker 4: No, I understand.
Speaker 22: You coordinate, coordinate it all.
Speaker 3: So if they have one hundred grand in profit and they don't want to pay, you know, thirty thousand taxes, then they can roll that into their next property and ten thirty one it. Eventually you'll pay taxes, but that's a good problem to have. You're paying taxes on gain, not on losses, and so that is a good problem to have. Now, if you don't have a ten thirty one, you simply take your money and pay your tax and you have your gain.
Speaker 5: Did you have something d.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know very On Friday, Tom and I had a casual discussion about your business, and I asked them, Hey, this is very have anything up in Wyoming because I'm considering moving there.
Speaker 5: And Tom said something very interesting.
Speaker 12: He said, Barry system doesn't look for places where people want to move.
Speaker 5: It looks for people.
Speaker 12: It looks for places where people should be moving to and are moving right right.
Speaker 3: What he does is, you know, he's not in this to help you as a landlord find a place next to your kids or into the college town. You know, because I would like to own rentals in other places to have an excuse to go there visitors. But he says, Tom, this is the hot place right now. This is the most appreciation you're going to get, and this is where you should go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Basically, it comes down to the highest return with the maximum safety. I mean the other places, including Wyoming, we look at it all. Okay, we're looking at over two hundred metro areas, but we have ultra safety. No other places are safer, and no other places with this proper research have higher.
Speaker 5: What is the underpinning of your ultra safety.
Speaker 22: Ultra safety is knowing what the next three years or more of that local economy are going to be. He said, Oh, how could you know that? I'll tell you how accurate research with over now we're over sixty calculus points of reference to say, Okay, not only how many jobs they'll be, where will they be? You see what in this.
Speaker 3: That's really their superpowers? People said, what does Vestera do? I can go buy a rental, I can keep a rental. I can hire a management company, and then.
Speaker 4: I can sell it.
Speaker 3: Okay, and if you do that, if you do that, you're going to pay more than if you go to Visara because they have lower management fees and lower commissions.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't mean you can't do it on your own. But the superpower is knowing where to do it. You don't just go to Arkansas, or you don't just go to northin. You don't just go to Georgia or Idaho. You have to know why you're going there. And I don't have an idea why I'm going where I went. I went totally with Barry's recommendation. Tom, this is a hot market. This house is under market.
Speaker 3: This house will appreciate quickly, and we're going to get in and out quickly.
Speaker 5: The house.
Speaker 3: Before I even closed, I made eight grand on the appraisal, right, I paid eight thousand less than the appraisal. They're already selling for more than I paid already already and it's been a week, you know, or a week or so. So I did this, but I did it to help other investors. We'll get into that. But the primary reason he's not a security is because you deal with Barry on one on one basis. One on one rental, you personally can own one rental, You personally can own two, three, four, however many you want. Now I recommend as a financial advisor you don't do too many of them, but you, well, these are solid investments backed by real estate. And because they're doing eighty percent loan to value or seventy percent loan to value, the changes of a deficiency if all crap hit the fan very small that you'd walk away with a loss. You would walk away even if in the worst economy, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of a.
Speaker 3: Little bit protected from recession. And a lot of people are saying, Tom, what a recession does happen? Is that going to affect the resale of the property, Barry, what's the answer to that?
Speaker 22: First and foremost recessions don't happen instantly, They don't happen within weeks, they don't even happen within months.
Speaker 4: And they don't happen in all metro areas at the same.
Speaker 22: Time time, but when they happen, if you're doing research on an ongoing business, you have signs.
Speaker 5: We have signs.
Speaker 22: I could tell you if we called a slow down in just selling residential homes the beginning of a recession. That's what we're watching with microscopes on the information along with the employment and also and we'll have our people out of that market before there's ever a recession there short of a bomb being dropped right, nobody predicted.
Speaker 3: So far, we've had no one lose a dime in this program, and people have made thirty to eighty percent returns. We got more coming up. Get your questions in and then a lot of people ask how do I use retirement money? It is legal only under certain circumstances. I'm going to go through how you can use retirement money. All of this, by the way, we want you to find out and come to the seminar this weekend because we're only scratching the surface. If you come this weekend on the fifth at ten am. Did you announce the place yet or do you want them to sign up?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The reason we want you to sign up We don't want people just showing up. So if you go to my Biggest Return dot com, you can sign up my Biggest Return dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, the reason we're not telling you where it is. We don't want people to just show it up.
Speaker 4: You got a register.
Speaker 3: There's absolutely no obligation, but you can ask any question you want anything at all. There's no off limit questions. That's my Biggest Return dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martine here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: THREEHO three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. We've been talking about VESTERI RA tternity. If you want to be a landlord without the conventional risks and hassles. Of course, you are a landlord. You do take out a loan in your name, and you do invest cash. It is secured by real estate, and you have the expertise of the people at theostera who babysit the market to tell you when to sell. So, Barry, we've all talked about buying and being set up. Let's talk about what it means to sell and when you tell the owners and if the owners say okay. Have you ever had owners say no, I mean to talk about the selling. No one is obligated to do anything that you recommend, right.
Speaker 22: Correct, correct, No one's under any obligation to sell at a pre scheduled date. But all of our customers give us what their financial plan is. Bluntly, eighty plus percent of our customers business plan to accumulate wealth is, Barry, get me the highest amount of wealth you can get with this.
Speaker 4: Saying, and I don't want to go be I personally don't want to go beyond three years.
Speaker 22: No, No, And typically almost all back again that eighty plus percent, say you tell us when to sell?
Speaker 5: I said, we will.
Speaker 22: Usually it's between twenty months and thirty months, okay. Roughly two years, two and a half years, and that's maximum time. Here's what most of them are doing. Selling one of their properties. Then they may have more than one, but selling one property at a time and buying two more with no out of pocket cash.
Speaker 4: Now, let me explain this to you.
Speaker 3: There, these are regular investments where you're on the hook for the mortgage and for the whole thing.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with that. They walk you through it, and if you do it that way, it is your number one best way to do it.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe not for you though. Now let's say let's take a few Sarreos. Let's take the people who want to use retirement money. Barry is not set up to take retirement money because it is a regular investment.
Speaker 4: You get a loan and you're in charge. You can't use retirement money when you're in charge. So I came up with an idea.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do special LLC's as an outside business interest of my wealth management company.
Speaker 4: I am setting up special LLC's. So let's say.
Speaker 3: Dmitri has a retirement account and Dmitri wants to buy a Vestera turnkey property for Vestera to be legal for him to invest in. Dmitri first has to get a trustee who allows independent investments.
Speaker 4: I have that trustee Pacific Premier Trust.
Speaker 3: I set Dmitri up with an IRA at Pacific Premier Trust. He transfers some of his four oh one K or his raw author whatever he wants into that IRA with Pacific Premire Trust. Now he has a self directed R. But now he wants to invest in something that's legal. Well, if you have a self directed IRA, you can't invest in your kid's property. You can't invest in your own property. You can invest in your neighbor's property. You have to invest in something where you have absolutely no control and where the people have fiduciary responsibility to you. What that means is my LLC becomes a legal investment for people with retirement plans. Why because I am in charge of the LLC, in charge, you leave all decision making to me, and I take out the loan.
Speaker 4: You see, you can't take out a loan and buy a rental with your retirement plan. You can't do it.
Speaker 3: But I take out the loan. So now what you're investing in is a pure LLLC. Just like if you invested in Berkshire Hathaway. You're investing in an LLC, and this LLC, controlled by me, deals with Vestera and sets up the rental. Now we are partners now, because you're not taking out the loan, and because I am personally on the hook and in control, I take a percentage of the deal. But remember this, no matter what, you're putting in less money than you normally would with a because you're not taking out the loan. You only have to put in cash the amount you want. You can go the full monty or you can go part of it. And then we form an LLC and I take part a percentage of it for doing it. The percentage I take depends on how much participation you have. Okay, because I am taking out the loan, which is usually seventy percent of the value, but your returns will be tax deferred and sent to your retirement plan at Pacific Premier Trust. That's how we are allowing you to use retirement money to do a visteriitternity. Now let's say, well, it's not so much retirement money. I just don't want to put into the full seventy five or eighty thousand, Okay, As I said, your maximum return will be doing the whole thing with the loan with Farrah, But there are some people that don't want to take loans out, and there are some people that don't want to come up with seventy five or eighty. For those people, I'm also forming LLCs with partial ownership. I just closed one where I have four partners. They each ponied up twenty eight grand instead of seventy five grand, and they each own a percentage of the deal. So whether you want to use retirement money or you want to use less than the minimum investment, we.
Speaker 4: Can help you.
Speaker 3: But as I said, and I don't hold back from this, it's best to do it directly if you want the maximum bang for your buck. But there are simply people out there you were missing, Barry, that wanted to do it, but they didn't want to do the whole thing, or they wanted to use retirement money.
Speaker 4: And now we found a way to accommodate.
Speaker 5: Then big accommodations.
Speaker 22: So many good people now can get into the maximum returns because of what you've put together in combination with those two.
Speaker 15: And we work directly with Hysterica, a Ysteric client go ahead. I've talked to Barry numerous times about this on air and off air. One of the things Barry you say a lot is why would you use cash when you could just do you know, pretty much the minimal and have more units than just one you're paying for cash for And I understand his answer, But then you just said your your mortgage on what you're talking about would be up to seventy percent. Why do a seventy percent loan to value loan on one property where you could do ten properties.
Speaker 4: I don't understand what you're saying, Mark, we can't do ten seventy percent.
Speaker 3: Seventy to eighty percent is required. You don't have the choice, you can't do. What are you saying doing ninety percent loans?
Speaker 8: No? No, no, no no.
Speaker 4: I thought you're saying you're putting seventy or eighty percent down? No, no, no, Mark, No, I'm sorry, Mark.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: What we're doing is we're saying loan to value.
Speaker 3: So I'm putting, okay, seventy percent, so the partnership only puts.
Speaker 4: That's exactly That's exactly what you said.
Speaker 15: Though you said you were putting up seventy percent, and I couldn't figure out why you were putting seventy percent into it?
Speaker 3: Okay, that sounded like a down payment, I get it. No, No, that's seventy percent. Is in the form of a loan, that's right. But I put it in my name, which then makes it legal for people with iras to invest in, because you're not allowed to take out.
Speaker 5: A loan and buy rentals with your life.
Speaker 15: You and I did very You and I did very good on a commercial building I own, doing exactly that.
Speaker 4: We both had retirement money in it, and it worked out for who we did.
Speaker 5: We made a fortune, Mark and I and I think his dad was in on it.
Speaker 4: What we did was before panels, part of his four oh one K.
Speaker 15: And we each got a check every month from the guy renting it out and we are not from the Yeah, tax.
Speaker 4: We got it check every month, that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then and then the way we did it was we set it up through an independent trustee and we had no control over it once we sit in it. It's got to be that they call this an arms length transaction now that goes for anything, but you can put IRA. You can buy gold in your IRA, but you can't take custody of that gold. So there are ways to do all kinds of alternative investments. Real estate is not the only alternative investment.
Speaker 15: But some time does after doing that, and that was years ago, and we did, like I said, very well at it. It's incredible and that's basically what Barry does with the retirement money. But what's even more incredible is instead of us having to use a different company, now I would just use you that you are the company.
Speaker 3: Now you and I had to go out and find someone. Now you are that someone that's right, and I can do as many LLC's as we need. In fact, i'd love to get ten houses right now. We're already working on our second one. We just closed our first one, and my partners might be listening, and it's and we're going to be getting together Friday.
Speaker 4: Where was the work for some that is in? Can I tell him?
Speaker 22: Not really, it's kind of proprietary, but it's east of the Mississippi in one of vest Era's one of its mark.
Speaker 3: I can tell you privately, you know, I can tell you privately. Here's what Barry doesn't want. He doesn't want people taking half assed information they hear on the show then go out and buy a place.
Speaker 4: Say wait a minute, Barry, you told me this was the best place.
Speaker 5: To buy and I only made or I didn't make anything.
Speaker 4: Or or worse, shit, they didn't.
Speaker 3: They go out on their own, they buy in the same city and they don't get the same results that has happened before because it's not just the area, but it's the area within the area, and then the house within the area within the area. Right, So he targets it to these specific subdivisions I have so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dmitri first, go ahead.
Speaker 12: D Yeah, So what happens So if if I do fund my investment in this LLC with my IRA money, Yeah, presumably the property is to produce some even a little bit of rental income, right or or even yeah, it's all parties. Now five hundred dollars a month in rental income? Right, Where does that five hundred dollars go? Can it go straight back into my cares?
Speaker 15: What happens without control the LC and you get your percentage?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Exactly to say, so my LLC, if it's just you and me, it'll go mostly to you. So here's how I set it up. The LLCs have partners. In addition to me taking out the loan, controlling and managing, I'm also taking care of all the taxes and accounting.
Speaker 4: Now, remember I'm not charging a fee for this at all.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 3: I charge nothing to do this, just my share of the of the wealth like everyone else. So you become my partner and you'll get a K one and that K one will be issued to your IRA. Oh so it's simply another form of income to your IRA.
Speaker 12: Does that the amount reflected in the K one? Does that then reduce my maximum contribution that I can make that year to the IRA.
Speaker 4: Out of no no, no earnings earning. Let me don't count it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't have a bucket of money, and that bucket of money has called your IRA. If it earns a crapload of money, it doesn't affect your contribution at all, Like.
Speaker 5: A capital gain within.
Speaker 3: My your IRA can go crazy making money and you'll never be limited on your contribution except for what you normally can contribute. Anyway, we got more, Okay, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven one help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose.
Speaker 3: It's Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Martino here taking your calls at three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five or talking about our upcoming seminar this Saturday at ten am my Biggest Return dot com.
Speaker 4: Please sign up. Come over there.
Speaker 3: You'll find out about Vestera Turnkey, the ins and outs, the ups and downs, and then you'll find out about the how Wave eight, how I am being part of it to help you use retirement money, or how I'm helping you use partial investments, but will be an open book on everything you need to know. So somebody texted and wanted to know how does and why does Vestera Turnkey do this where I can't see where they're making their money. You say that they help you buy a home, they help you sell the home, and they help get they and they do the management, and they don't add a fee onto the management. The only thing they charge is six hundred a year for taking all your phone calls and dealing with your property. Six hundred a year on top of the management fee. That's all you're paying. So is the commission. I'm just going to be straight, Berry, is the commission because I even wondered this myself. Are the commissions going in and out that much that that you can devote that much time to each rental?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 22: Yes, but but the commissions are you know, just when you buy and when you sell, right, and that goes to the broker. Okay, that you can share it with you to pick your own broker. Well, of course most people won't, but we have researched the best maximum price when you sell, minimum price when you buy, you've already experienced that equity from the day that you bought it, right, and that broker sends to my brokerage, not fest Era, but my own real estate brokers. That's the only thing. Your share of the commission a share of the commission, and that's how we get paid.
Speaker 3: So they get paid to share of the commission when you buy, a share of the commission when you sell. But get this, you're under no obligation to sell with them if you want to. If you found a private buyer that wanted to buy it, you can sell it.
Speaker 22: Help them, Yeah, ruefully.
Speaker 4: So that's how everyone makes money. They all yes, sir. Hey, let me ask you something.
Speaker 15: Can you do a self directed IRA or be the custodian for it for virtually anything you're allowed to or is it just limited to the property, because I've heard of, you know, people actually buying a franchise like a sports mark.
Speaker 4: Anyone that you bring up a really good point, and it's kind of a way to plug what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: I mean, actually, thank you for that.
Speaker 4: And this is not enough to trust me.
Speaker 3: But any anyone, no, truly, anyone who wants to do an alternative investment.
Speaker 4: Can do it through me because of my situation of how I set it up.
Speaker 3: I set it up where I'm in control of the LLC and I control everything and you invest in it. So if you come to me and say there's some stuff I want to buy, can you do it? We can be your intermediary and allow you to invest in it through your IRA, because truly, I tell you you won't have control over it, but I will do the best I can. My fiduciary responsibility is to do the best I can. For the investor to make the most money for the investor, and I keep accounting and everything. But yes, I have set it up so I can become a conduit for anyone who wants alternative investments through their retirement accounts. Again, it's very simple, just.
Speaker 15: Real quick, just a touch base on what you're saying, because a lot of people, I don't think understand not what we're talking about, but how far you can get. There's been people that have bought cattle ranches with their IRA. There is a per that's about a Mexican soccer team, or you can invest in race horses.
Speaker 4: I mean, think about that. But you have to have that con do it.
Speaker 5: And here's what it has to be.
Speaker 3: Number one, you cannot have a personal interest in it, meaning other than your investment. You can't have any management control what soever. You can't be related to the party whatsoever. It must be a total arms length transaction. So I fulfill all of those things. So what's the downside, Well, if you do an alternative investment with me, I'm going to get a piece of the action. Of course I am, because I'm taking care of every aspect of it. And you're but remember this, that's the less you invest, because I don't do it without investment. So if you want to do an alternative investment, I participate with you. I don't just sit there with my handout. I do this entire llc for you and with you for no fee whatsoever except for a piece of the action. And for that I put up my equal part of the investment.
Speaker 15: Hey, you're John, you are around. Hold on real quick before you bring them up. Are you going to be around with Barry coming up this Saturday? I know the seminars ten am wherever? Y mention that again, But if people want to talk about some of this alternative stuff, can they pick your brain?
Speaker 3: Yeap, of course they can on any that We're going to be there to answer all of your questions.
Speaker 4: So John, you have a question, go ahead, John, I'm so.
Speaker 7: Talking about Wave eight. I actually have been working with Pat.
Speaker 4: And thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, I appreciate you guys. But so I have about a little over forty grand invested with Charles Schwab with you guys. Yes, I'm just kind of wondering if, like with the Mare, look at the way it is right now, is it better to go the route that you're just talking about with the retirement.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, that's really up to you.
Speaker 3: What we have been doing for our investors during this tumultuous time is some of them moved into our hedge fund because the hedge fund makes money when.
Speaker 4: The market's bad.
Speaker 3: But others have stayed put, and we've been going to cash with guaranteed returns or altering the investments during this time. So really it's just a personal choice. Is this a good investment during tumultuous times. It's a wonderful investment during tumultuous times. But if I were you John, with just forty at your disposal, I would not do it.
Speaker 4: If all you had was forty. In other words, I wouldn't take half of that and do it.
Speaker 3: It's just because you don't have enough at your disposal in my personal.
Speaker 4: Opinion to.
Speaker 3: I mean again, i'd actually make more money if you did the Vestera thing, but I don't think it's best for you.
Speaker 5: I truly do not.
Speaker 3: But it could be someday. But right now we are navigating the best we can and we're doing very very well. But remember, even in these times, there are cash accounts that we can go to to get some guaranteed income during these times, and we're trying to do the best we can, as everyone is. But you'll see if you look at your account, you're not going to be that disappointed. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five we might be. Yeah, we have time for some more information. Let me go to my text information here because I have texting here.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let me get to it. I got to just go to both of them.
Speaker 4: And here's one right here, and that is Barry. What is the turnaround when someone says they want to do it?
Speaker 22: When someone says they want to do it, there they determine the first turnaround.
Speaker 4: Let's say they say, well, how long does it take you to find a home?
Speaker 22: Oh, typically it takes one to three weeks to find the home, and then it closes in the normal thirty days after that, so typically forty five days, all right.
Speaker 4: And then as far as selling, if someone had to sell sooner because they need the money.
Speaker 22: We've shot a couple emergencies. Okay, what happens then, well, it's it sells quickly, but not without research to maximize their return