Speaker 1: There anytime, take your info to go. I'm listening Heart powered by fifty five krs the talk station five O five fifty five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Friday East Sea.
Speaker 1: From this no idea, what's going on? Yeah, well, Tally, Sharon and your I guess bewilderment this morning, Brian time is right here. Glad to be in. Good to see Dr Tracker and where he belongs to the production booth. Joe. They did say at the top of the hour news that youth crime was up, there being problem with youth crime downtown. Is that right? I missed that right? Yeah, Precott a priest problem with downtown violence. I've been listen. I've been reading about this a long time. So after have provol in the uh state of the city. Just the other day said that youth violence is down more than thirty five. I would never suggest he's lying, Joe, but huh, he said it's down because of programs that work against violence, feeding students at Government Square. You realized they had a food stand down here. I don't know if it's don't know if if the hot Dogs Dan got knocked over in the riot or not. Something called advanced peace and a new crisis response team cited by after have pro ball for why youth violence is down? Whatever, Thank you, Liam Uh summing up sort of my perception of that on that topic. At seven oh five, we're gonna hear from Ken Cover FOP President Ken Kob representing the police officers of the City of Cincinnati. We will talk public safety and we will ask sort of out loud, the rhetorical question, if everybody's worried about youth violence and crime, why the hell did the residents of Hamilton County of like Connie Pilach and Charmaine McGuffey. Well, that sums it up. Maybe you're on fire today just Trecker and the Addison police are dissolving or have dissolved. And you know, I don't have an opinion or comment on that necessarily, except an observation from my youth is that you never ever, ever went even one mile an hour over the speed limit when you were driving through Addison. My Dell High and West Side friends know exactly what I'm talking about. If you're of my vintage or maybe a little bit older. There were all kinds of rumors as to why the speed was so strictly enforced in downtown Addison, but well, no police force there. I guess maybe the sheriffs will be patrolling it. I don't know. We'll find out from Kenkober at seven oh five on that one. Americans for Prosperity, Donovan and ne O. The work is not done yet. Well today we'll be talking at seven thirty with Donovan about the Lame Duck agenda in Columbus, Land of Dysfunction, Political Dysfunction. Jackie Williams doing in Power Youse seminar tonight. It's going to be very interesting and I'm looking forward to having Jackie on the pro I'm going to talk about warning signs of Alzheimer's. You heard my heavenly the my dad chime in, Heavenly chime in earlier there with the no Obviously our family went through that, and it's just a god awful, god awful disease. Go ahead and prioritize what sucks most. But right up there at the very top, I think I'm going to put Alzheimer's. Congressman Thomas Massey had a fallop in the schedule yesterday or he had an obligation he had attend to yesterday was to be on in advance of judgement. Politano irritating a lot of people that judge did yesterday. He was he seemed to be like he was. I don't know. I guess since at the five o'clock hour can sum it up as he seemed a little pissed off. Did you see his facial expressions on the zoom call there, Joe, Were you able to watch that? Yeah? Anyway, that's why he came across to me and didn't He didn't really caught into the doge cutting back on government thing. I was excited about that, and they still remain excited. He's, well, these aren't authorized by constitutions, like neithers is a part of education, I said, I don't care. He's talking about having to put office space and create all this new you know, it's another layer of bureaucracy. And my responses will does it have to be? I mean, if you put vvak Gramma SWI I mean Elon musk in in an unused conference room and give him access to areas where they can cut government. They don't need off of space or help or anything. They just need to identify areas if the government can be cut and just cut it, period, doesn't have to be formally established organization or cabinet post or anything. Just get the job done. We got all kinds of areas where we can cut on that, maybe have a little fun and games with that. This morning here in the early part of the show, and Matt Gates Attorney General, we'll get Congress Smamassi's initial reaction on that, because that's the man who's been apparently tapped for the job. Gets your reaction too, if you like to call five one three seven eight hundred eighty two to three talk go to town five fifty on at and T funds. And of course we always and the fifty five Karoseme Morning Show on Thursdays with Iheartmedy aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. Hell of a good man he is. We'll talk about passengers being rude, add them to the list of everybody else apparently being rude these days San Francisco winning a battle against Oakland Airport, Spirit air hit by gunfire and also struggling financially. I tacked that one on there. Plus we always end with hub delays. Jay Ratliffe at eight thirty fifty five care see dot com and you can't listen live to the angry judge Nita Politano, the always enlightening Jack Atherton with the big picture and bring him acount with a few words on energy policy, which is exactly where I wanted to start this morning. This is a wonderful illustration of the batcrap insanity of energy policy. We turned to California, where the residents of the state of California struggle mightily against the always increasing price of gasoline brought about by government policy. So they didn't even wait for the election result to be to completely dry. The California Air Resources Board aka CARB just voted to increase the low carbon fuel standard by thirty percent. Now, this thirty percent reduction has to take place by twenty thirty, so you've got yourself a few years here. But the gist of it is the program requires refiners. There'll be the folks that make the gasoline to reduce their quote carbon intensity, close quote in the fuel, or if you can't reduce the carbon intensity of the fuel, buy credits from renewable producers. Of course, ultimately described as a de facto carbon tax, indirectly subsidizing politically favored businesses. That's how the journal described it. So I don't know how you reduce carbon intensity of fuel. Let's just say you can't. Let's say it's against the laws of physics. We can't be repealed for you people out there going, let's just repeal the laws of physics. Old joke running among Democrats. So you have to buy carbon credits. So they explained in the journal, explains how it works, which is what drove me absolutely crazy. Under the program, electric utilities, biofuel producers, and hydrogen and electric vehicle charging companies get credits that they can sell to refiners. So these chosen businesses apparently are loaded up with these carbon credits, were readily available for the open market, a market created out a whole cloth by legislation. Somehow, it reminds me of bitcoin. It's like one day it wasn't there, and the next day it's there. It's like, wait, wait a minute, where did this source of revenue come from? This thing of value which consists of ones and zero? Where did these carb credits come from? Oh? Look, peace of legislation created them, and now there's a market for them. A market created from a whole cloth by politicians in California and elsewhere. So certain producers like electric utilities, biofilip producers, hydrogen electric vehicle charging companies get the credits, which allows them to sell to refiners who apparently are incapable of meeting the CARB standards. All right, Utilities take the proceeds from the sale of these fictitious CARB credits and subsidize electric vehicles, which no one wants to buy. Now get a load of this, though, The Durnal points out one of the program's biggest beneficiaries has been dairy farms that capture men methane from the kalmanore and they make more money selling credits than they do from selling the milk. That is the point of their business in the first place. But then it's noted, remember this is all in artificial market. Credit prices. These carb credits have recently fallen because more renewable producers and dairy farms are looking for these subsidies, so they're capturing their methane and selling them. It's a law of supply and demand, right. Oh, look, we got more CARB credits because we captured more cow flatulence. Hey, goodie for us. Well, the market then gets saturated with CARB credits, so the price of these carb credits drops. Now the California Air Resources Board, the one that just tightened the standards. We'll get to the reason why here. They are concerned that declining credit prices could make green investments on economic. In other words, your dairy producerver there's going, well, wait a second, I'm gonna invest all this money to capture my manure methane, and the CARB credits just don't pay what they used to, so I'm not gonna do that anymore. It's a pointless exercise. So what does CARB do? They're like, oh, wait a second, how do we get the price of these credits to go up? Ah, we tighten the fuel standards, ergo, boosting the credit prices, ergo. Ultimately, Californians pay more money for gasoline at the pump. It's ultimately. It's where it all leads. Apparently, the California Air Resources Board predicted last year that the stricter standard would increase the gasoline price at the pump by forty seven cents a gallon by next year. Others suggest they could climb sixty five sense a gallon in the near term, or eighty five cents a gallon by the twenty thirty deadline. They say regulators played down a concern that tightening the fuel standard would hurt low income residents. Ready, low income residents cannot even afford the current cost of four dollars and fifty cents a gallon for gasoline. Go ahead and add eighty five cents to that. But according to the California Air Resources Board, which arbitrarily sets the price, are the limits on these various manufacturers of fuels that we all need? Claim that these low income residents could, in their words, avoid the potential pass through cost of the regulation by buying evs Okay, I think it goes to that, saying that a lot of low income households can't afford even a new internal combustion engine car, let alone the e electric vehicles which cost even more than the internal combustion engine automobiles. Period, end of story. So out of whole cloth, they create a CARB or they create these offset markets they create, they hand over the credits to certain industries. Those industries sell them to the industries that can't comply with the CARB standards that are randomly set, and when the price of these credits goes down, these standards go up to increase the price of the CARB. Do you see the circuitous crap that being shoved down our throats, none of this would exist. It's a fake market. It's all manufactured, it's manipulated. We're all being just. I suppose that it is, as we ballot the alter that our excelation is causing climate change. I what planet did I wake up on? And I don't know when it happened, but I woke up on like a planet, planetary body in an unstable orbit around Remulac or something. Because this shire doesn't feel like the world that I woke up or that was born in five nineteen fifty five k City Talks days. Just stick around, love to hear from you. Got a comment, got a few funny things going on. I got to get to the stack of two, but got local stories. But I'd rather talk to you, so feel free to call. I'll be right back in a moment.
Speaker 3: Generald Trump has done it again.
Speaker 1: Our country decided projective. I know you didn't write that one, Joe five one three seven fifty two to three talk. Give the voters a choice, and you put a ballot an issue toivon, and they vote in favor of well protecting the right to choose. No, I'm not talking about abortion, talking about Washington State, where they did approve a ballot measure that protects their ability to get natural gas in their homes. It was a kind of I'm surprised it was as a squeaker as it was fifty two forty eight just recently called it the other day. Bottom line is, people want to have natural gas in their homes if they want it, preserving the right to choose and flying in the face of this climate change nonsense sy Even Washington State leftist liberals want the option. Reconcile that one. And as Biden prepares to part company with the well the balance of reality, his environment over texting agency finalize the new rule this the other day, taxing methane emissions from the oil and gas sector. Now you might wonder how they could issue a new rule creating a new tax, but this is all part of the inflation Reduction Acts, which apparently included the allowance of regulations relating to waste emissions charges. Well, they had discretion on how tightly to clamp down, so clamp down they did that. I could tell you how much per cubic ton it gradually goes up to the bottom line is it's an additional fee that's being levied. According to the release from the EVA, the final waste emission charge the latest in a series of actions under President Biden's methane strategy. Are you ready to improve efficiency in the oil and gas sector? Support American jobs?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 1: I'm hesitating on because I'm asking each you to sort of contemplate this. What a second, it's a new fee for methane emissions. It's okay, nine hundred dollars per metric ton. That's what it starts at. It Ansley gradually increases the fifteen dollars per metric ton. Can you explain to me, please, how a new fee on methane emissions does anything to improve efficiency in the oil and gas sector or support American jobs. Now, the other two throwaway points will protect clean air and reinforce US leadership on the global stage. I don't know what the latter means except virtue signaling to the rest of the world who doesn't want to pursue the climate policies that the Western nations are being forced to pursue. The Iranian Vice President, Sheena Ansari, was at COP twenty nine just the other day. The Iranians happened to be around a petro state country. They sell gas on the open market. So what the hell they doing at COP twenty nine. Well, they're demanding the right to be able to sell their products, their oil and gas around the globe. Why because it's just not fair that they should be subjected to limits on their production, because the rest of the world has been free to go ahead and do that all along, up until this most recent moments in time, when we started thinking that our exhalation was causing the globe to kill itself. Her statement, and sorry, however, we cannot forget that the current climate situation of the world is the result of the industrial policies of a few developed countries. That would be you and me. That's the United States, it's Europe, any developed like first world nation who has prospered mightily because of Well, maybe there's systems of government the free population that can pursue enterprise and pursue profits to their own benefit, you know, a system of government that encourages prosperity. That's our fault, pivoting over and developing states shall not be deprived of their right to development because of what others have done. So here's your explanation. And you can put China in the group. I guess with Iran because they're not concidered yet a First World nation. They're allowed to pollute all day long. They can build coal plants, they can burn oil, they can sell the oil. They can pollute all day long. Why because well, they have not yet had a seat at the First World table. So you and I and other First World countries will bear the brunt of cutting our own throats and taxing ourselves into submission and ruining our own economies in the name of global wealthy distribution. So the Iranians and the Chinese and mostly our other adversaries can thrive and develop their countries while polluting the globe and negating anything we have done in the name of preventing climate change. You following all this, what an epic epic scam? Five twenty eight fifty five karste Detalk station. Feel free to call. Got local stories coming up in a stack of stupa which I feel like I've been talking stack and stupid since the mic went on. I'll be right back. It's the return of chir CD Talk station. It is five thirty two fifty eight two three talk contact fifty on eight and t phones. Nobody wants to talk to me this morning. Makes me sad?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Do local stories? Uh, let's say lawmakers passed the bill here know how banning transgender students from using the bathroom aligning with their gender identity. Governor Murdyke Dwine previously agreed to sign the legislation that impacts K through twelve and colleges. Let's see here. Senate past SB one oh four, requiring all public schools and colleges to mandate that students can only use the bathroom or locker in the matches their sex assigned at birth. Originally State represented of Adam byrd, we introduced the House Bill one eighty three. Legislation was slit into an uncontroversial and unrelated bill is an amendment at eleven PM during the last session before summer recess. Official birth record would be used to prove biological sex as long as the certificate was issued at or near the time of the individual's birth, saying that it wouldn't matter if a birth record is challenged to reflect the individual's identity. Who would go through that hassle anyway? Bird representatives said the bills about public safeties. I understand that it's controversial, but it is an issue of protection for those people that are vulnerable. But they've been over backwards in this reporting to make it sound like a terrible thing that men can't go into the little girl's bathroom. How gas stations convenience stores couldn't sell delta delta ETHC products. Onder new bill that lawmakers may pass before the end of the year. Hurry up and get it all done before the years over. Bill three twenty six here in Ohio, introduced by Senator Steve Huffman, would ban the sale of hemp derived products that are wildly popular. This after the twenty eighteen Farm Build legalized hemp. Under federal rules, hemp can't contain more than point three percent of delta nine THHC. That's the product or compound that gives you get you high. But businesses, being enterprising, took advantage of the gaps in the law. They started selling Delta eight, which they refer to as and I don't know why, diet weed, described as a synthetic compound derived from CBD that gives users a mild high. Others found workarounds to sell Delta nine edibles and THCHCA flour which becomes delta nine when it's heated. Now, as for Huffman's bill, it would enact an all out ban on gray market cannabis, not just sales the miners, and prohibit anything with more than point five milligrams of delta nine two milligrams of deltainine, so that was per serving two milligrams of deltaine per package, zero point five milligrams of tota or total non deltainine per package. Keeping track of this measure would not apply to industrial hem products like fiber'cloth or CBD infused cosmetics. I'm sure somebody will figure a workaround to that one as well. Five point thirty five fifty five KRCD talk station. You know what oto exit works on weed? Yeah, that's actually one of the things that's listed on the website. So if you've got a dope smoker in your basement, otor egsit to the rescue to get rid of the smell. And that works on smoked of all types. Two cigarettes and cigars also works on well, mold, mildew pet odors of any type. Got yourself a ferret for example, it work on that. Yeah, ferrets kind of have a stinky smell. Of them most times, but oto exit makes a product to get rid of all of it. They come with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Use them as directed. They work. That's the bottom line, you know, pats, human, skunk, mold, mildew, smoke, As I mentioned, fast food, odors in your car. Like to point that one out to get the magic in your glove box. Keep it there and whenever you have a odoriferous thing going on in your car, just a few sprays of that and you are your problems solved. It's od O r xit no eotor exit dot com. Learn all about it, figure out which product you need right there, Order it from the website before three pm today you'll have it by tomorrow, or buy it locally. Find a story using the website's directory right there. It's really easy to use, so it's easy to figure out which product you need, easy to understand how to apply it. If you have any questions, like you think of a really unusual situation, call them. There's a toll free number you can reach out to. The Odor Exit folks. They've been up and down the road of odors for years and years and years. They've seen it all and know how to get rid of all of it. One hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If it doesn't get rid of the odor, you get your money back. Odor Exit dot Com. Fifty five KRC The Talks Day. Hey, it's five forty here fifty five KR City Talk Station. I hope you're having a happy Friday. Eves the ground all morning. You got plenty going on. Ken Cober FLP President coming up at seven oh five. Phone calls are always a welcome thing here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Talk found five fifty on AT and T phones. So to the stupid we go. I've read these before. British women died after paying thousands of British pounds for a Brazilian butt lift surgery in the country of Turkey.
Speaker 6: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight year old Hailey Dowels suffered medical complications at what described as a private clinic after a person described as her surgeon walked out halfway through the operation, went under the knife and had a Brazilian butt lift, a tummy tuck and liposuction package total costs seven thousand British pounds happ in October last year. Her husband Neil Dow went with her on the trip, claimed the doctors of the Turkish clinic did not outline the risks of the procedure to his wife. Missus Dowell thought to be one of six Brits who died in Turkey in twenty twenty three following botched medical procedures, Apparently the country popular with Brits for reducing prices on cosmetic surgery, though then the subject of warnings by United Kingdom health officials. D BBL involves increasing the size and shape of a person's butt by removing fat from one area of the body and transferring it to the buttocks. See I'm old enough to remember when fat butts were a bad thing. Mister and Missus Dow arrived in Turkey October first last year. According to the inquest, she went under the knife at the BHT clinic and his tanbull the next day. Died around midnight on October third. Preliminary hearing into her death, they were untill told she suffered from an embolism, which can arise after a surgery caused the potentially fatal blood flow blockage. Mister Dawes said he and his wife carried out research to find the clinic. He said, quote, we found this surgeon and had a clinic named after himself. He was one of the top five surgeons in Turkey. However, he told the coroner that she had only consented to two of the three operations she had, although he did not identify which one she had not agreed to. Details about the procedure were not heard at the preliminary hearing. However, mister Dowray's concerns about his wife not having information provided to her quote there was not any risk outlined to her. Mister Dowell claimed, Hm, we would not have known the risks according to her daughter because she didn't consent to all three. One of the biggest concerns mister Dale expressed is the change and the length of the operation. He said it should have been around six hour operation, but it wound down to one hour and forty five minutes. The surgeon left halfway through the operation and left the anesthetist to do the job. You can't do both at the same time, said, They asked me to sign the consent for him after she passed away. Mister Whittaker as our walker, also suggests that he will be writing a Prevention of Future Deaths report to help stop future tragedies occurring. Full inquest to take place in January. I'm thinking, like, don't do that. Full of money are soon parted and learned that one in a wild Joe appreciate that the only thing that could have made that better. And I don't know anything about Turkish medicine. I'm just going to assume it's not up to the standards of American medicine. At least. The operation was described as taking place in a clinic because a lot of the stories I've read about that over the years where people have died as a consequence of getting you know, butt injections or whatever. Uh, the operations take place in a motel six, which really works nicely in your phrasing comment there about butt injections, I was thinking the roofing cock, Joe, that kind of injection for people who weren't a bigger BUTTI fifty five Casi tuk station. I feel like I dug myself in a little bit of a hole on that one. What just giving you one more opportunity before I mentioned plumb type plumbing. Don't hold my friends at plumb Tight. Don't hold it against my friends at plumb Tight. For the lead in A plus the better business bearer, You're gonna have a great plumbing experience when you call my friends at Plumb Tight. You can call them whether you're Northern Kentucky, the Dayton area of Cincinnati, proudly serving the south east portion of this country. They deliver the highest quality products. They deliver the highest quality customer relations and service in the industry, all at affordable and fair prices. What more could you want from a plumbing company A plus with a better business bar thrown on top of that. So I've had the plum Tight experience multiple times over the years. They do wonderful work. The folks are really very very nice people. Customer service of course, they got that covered and licensed plumbers doing the work. It's plumbing done right, and they certainly live by that motto. Call them up. You got low pressure problems, You got problems with the drain in your basement, Maybe your some pumps compelly up. Maybe you want help on a remodeling project like they helped me with with my bathroom remodeling. Project backups. Whatever it happens to be a bit involves residential plumbings. You're in the best possible hands five one three, seven two seven Tight five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three. Visit them online. Just go to plumtight dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC. Here's your Channel nine.
Speaker 1: First warning weather forecast spotty slash light showers today, high fifty six overnight forty six with fouts, clouds tomorrow as well, high fifty seven over night forty four with clouds. And on Saturday we get a partly sunny day with a high fifty nine fifty one. Right now, it's time for traffic from the uc.
Speaker 7: UP Tramphic Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is home to nationally recognized paying credit cancer experts who offer personalized care plans and new treatments through innovative clinical trials. Call five one three five eight five u SECC Now it bends seventy five crews are working with an accident above Azer Charles let blames blocked off traffic backing up into downtown close to a ten minute delay.
Speaker 1: Elsewhere highway traffic do we know kay?
Speaker 7: Even with the rain, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRSC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's five point fifty on a Friday, even a happy one to five one three, seven eight two three talk five fifty on AT and T phones. We would to stack a stupid got An Illinois lawmaker drunkenly drove her a car into another vehicle and then ended up sort of mocking a uh one of the responding officers while being placed under arrest. Incident unfolded Sunday Ravens would a neighborhood located in Chicago's North Side. I'm familiar with that neighborhood. Please call Around ten minutes till nine pm and five thousand block North Ashland Avenue encountered two cars with extensive damage. One of the drivers, identified as Samantha Steel, one of three commissioners selected to serve at a Cook County border review. She admitted officers that she drove her car into the other vehicle shortly after they arrived on the scene. Court to the incident report, officers then spotted an open bottle of red wine on the floor of the passenger side of the car. Court to the report, it read, I observed her eyes were bloodshot and glassy I also detected a strong odor of alcoholic beverage coming from her breath as she spoke. Officers noted that Steel, representing District two, refused to take a sobriety test. When asked how much she had to drink, she told the officers quote, I want my lawyer and I'm not talking to you. Steel then handcuffed, taking him to the area hospital, where she received treatment for the injuries she sustained during the crash. During her arrest, she reportedly said to the officer, is your penis that small?
Speaker 5: Keep your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 1: The first term commissioner, maybe only term commision in charge with one kind of misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol, you don't get a citation for well mocking a police officer, as inappropriate as it may have been. See we've got a South Florida where a human head washed ashore. Miami Dad Police investigating the incident after a beach worker at Key Biss Game, Florida discovered the decapitated head early Tuesday morning behind the Key Colony Ocean Sound condos. Police haven't been able to identify the specifics regarding the head and or unaware of the age or sex of the well the person the head came from. Cause of decapitation also under investigation court to Miami Dade Police, they're a spokesperson. Detective Martin said, well, we've not been able to determine exactly how the head became separated from the body, but there are a couple of working theories. Local authorities awaiting further information about the deceased identity the The spokesperson did, however, tell People magazine that he suspects the remains were an adult male, but they're awaiting confirmation. So at this point, we're not discounting any possibility this could be accident or missing person. It's just too early to tell into the circumstances. Got a whole lot of information on that one. Uh okay, go to New York. Oh, this is disgusting. Would you eat a guinea pig? Joe? Now? Well, New York City is the poem for eating Ecuadorian delicacy guinea pigs, now described as a very delicious feast. Lacasa del koy literally means the House of Guinea Pig, a culinary go to in Corona, Queens that grills and serves the rodent whole essentially every part but the squeak. Their words, not mine. Thanks Dan, I'm with you on that one. Apparently recently, the house was packed with diners waiting to get the one point one kilogram animals, measuring into about forty centimeters from tip to tip. Pet sized guinea pigs typically smaller. The manager trying to convince the general public to eat them. It's better than chicken, better than rabbit. One hundred and seventy dollars a pop. They have to be imported from South America. Sucker born every minute. I agree with myself. Man and cucumber shortage in Iceland is being blamed on a TikTok craze. Canadian TikTok creator, who's viral cucumber salad recipes have received millions of views, is being blamed for a shortage of vegetable of the vegetable in Iceland. What Logan moffat TikTok influencer shares videos with his six million followers, told Fox News Digital he suspects his videos are popular because they're a super simple, easy to follow and fast recipes. Recipes mainly follow the same basic step. He holds a cucumber to the camera, and says sometimes you need to eat the entire cucumber. Let me show you the best way to do it. I can't believe you did a phrasing button on that. Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar each you ibout about five fifty six five care see the talk station. Feel free to call. I plan to talk about in litaphone calls. I prefer talking to you though, I'll be right back after the news. Then we got again another news updates. We're gonna get all the.
Speaker 8: Fix in ear full of information.
Speaker 1: At the top of the hour and they'll break it down fast. Fifty five cares. It's just a sation detok station, Happy Friday, Eve, Thursday. Call what you want all right time. It's right here inviting phone calls and let you know real quick and my apologies, CJ. I'll explain further.
Speaker 9: CJ.
Speaker 1: You'll be first here in just a moment coming up a one hour FLP President of ken Koba, representing the since a police department aftab Provoll state of the city, mentioned youth violence, public safety and apparently the crime seems to be going up, but he claimed the crime is going down. We'll see what ken Can has to say. As far as that goes, and also maybe a common or two on that Addison dissolving their police department, which I don't know, having grown up on the West Side, that was always kind of an interesting little town. Donovan and the Americans for Prosperity, the Lane Duck Agenda in Columbus. We'll discuss that at seven thirty. Jackie Williams Empower Youth Seminar taking place tonight, Warning Signs of Alzheimer's. Really important conversation I'll have with Jackie today, just a little bit window and insight into what's going to happen tonight. Empower Youamerica dot org law register and log in from home. I think it is a live show at two twenty five Northland Boulevard, but we'll get the details from Jackie at seven forty. Congressman Massey better late than never, one day late. That's okay. You had some conflicts yesterday, Congressman mass you'll join us talk about the aftermath of election and his thoughts and comments about Matt gets being Attorney General. Jay RATTLFF I heart media aviation Expert. Without further ado, CJ, thank you so much for holding over the brake there all I saw on the call screen was Cincinnati, and there was no name there. Joe and I are having a little difficult communication over our electronics this morning. No fault of yours, but I appreciate you holding and welcome to the program.
Speaker 10: Well, thank you very much, and I hope your health is doing absolutely fantastic this morning.
Speaker 1: Acts. I do feel okay. I'm fighting back the cough though it's it is a deep, deep cough. You ever get the cough where you really can't get the gunk out, you know, and you're fighting this struggle and your head starts her to get a headache, and your your stomach hurts and all that from coming. That's the place I am beyond that. I feel great, no fever or anything else, but thanks for asking.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 10: Even the pinky toes hurt with that coffin.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: In regards to Matt Gates, I look at it this way, Bobby Kennedy had far much less experience when he became Attorney General under his brother's administration. There's been a lot of different, you know, people along the lines. Nobody remembers that Jennet Reno, who is about the only person who I've ever heard of server all eight years is attorney general. Was Bill Clinton's third nomination with it for attorney general in two months. But my concern about the Matt Gates is this is that Donald Trump has a Mandy on the border, he has a Mandy on the foreign policy, and a lot of the garbage going on in the world.
Speaker 4: He's got to get.
Speaker 10: His tax cuts through because they expire at the end of next year. That's going to be a massive fight, and that's going to take some heavy lifting, especially when you're looking at maybe a five or six seat majority in the House. You got, you know a lot of different people in the Senate who have their own versions of those tax cuts. You got a lot of big heavy lifting and to exert a lot of energy in the beginning of your of your presidency where you only got four years. He doesn't have a he can't he doesn't hold the power I can run for reelection over people. I just don't see it as a smart move From that standpoint, I get why he's putting Matt Gates in there. He is not going to pay attention to any sex scandal. Donald Trump will because he doesn't believe ninety percent of them, because of his own experience, But I just think it's just a bad fight to have when you have so many pressing issues and you cannot run for reelection.
Speaker 1: Well' me ask you this. I mean, you're Donald Trump. Who would you rather have in that position, or at least who would you rather try to get in that position?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 10: I wish I knew some more people out there who were out there. There's a guy with the last name of Miller, and unfortunately I don't know his first name, but he's been out there fighting a lot of the same fights that Keats has. He doesn't have that outgoing personality and nobody knows his name. But I think you gotta get somebody in there who has kind of that same view of you gotta get rid of some of this garbage that's going on in there. But the problem is going to be is is that if he wants to go into recess to get some of these nominations through, I don't know if he can go into recess now, because you already have Collins and Murkowski saying they will not do anything to get Matt Gates into the Attorney General. I would assume McConnell won't and Gates burned a lot of bridges with those fights in the House of Representatives. That fight is just going to be ugly in the Senate, and it could bleed down into some of these others. Because I'm okay, I love the Hecktat nomination. I can live with the Toulci Gabbard one. I just don't understand the met Gates fight because he's going to take up a lot of energy on things that Trump want's done right away.
Speaker 1: I will consent that point all day long. It is a controversial choice, a divisive choice, and one that you know a lot of Republicans, at least you know off the record, Republicans quoted by a variety of news sources saying, you know, basically ain't gonna happen over my dead body, which means, you know, it's like the speaker fight. Why do we really need to go down that road and start off on the wrong foot. So whether it be that divisive, I don't it remains to be seen. But yes, if you want to avoid controversy, probably the wrong guy, at least from the outside now some are suggesting he's going to engage in you know, law fair much in the way that a lawfair was waged against Donald Trump. I'd like to think that Donald Trump would not allow that to happen. But maybe that's me being overly optimistic. Is Donald Trump going to be a guy that's seeking revenge? Is he going to try to, you know, get back at those who attacked him throughout his presidency? Do we even want that to happen? I certainly don't a lot of questions, though, appreciate the call. It's a very controversial moment in this nation's history, is it not. Let's see what Steve's got. Steve, welcome to the program, Thanks for calling this morning, and a happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, Now, my lovely wife and I will be in this Stanbul October of next year. But gonna, we're not gonna. We don't have any surgeries or dental work or anything planned. We're we're kind of like middle of the road people and boring people. We get those done at home. Let's know what what do I know? So, but he.
Speaker 1: Is referring back to a stack as stupid story, so use your imagination.
Speaker 11: Typically I go on, I go out of the country to see new sites, enjoy the food and culture. I don't go there from medical procedures. But again.
Speaker 1: The edge, you're not going to get your butt enhanced.
Speaker 11: Even at home. I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 5: Uh, I don't.
Speaker 11: First of all, Yeah, we were not even going to go there. Uh that that's that's you know, my wife will not get hers. She doesn't need to get it done.
Speaker 1: But stop, stop, you're gonna get your.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a couple of things, Matt Gates. I I am a staunch Republican, have turned eighteen and nineteen eighty, voted Republican my whole life. They've always typically let me down. But I am like ninety eight percent happy with everything that's happened. Am I gonna support every pick for his cabinet? No, Matt Gates, I think a bad choice, but I'm not. You know, I'm not in charge. But you know it doesn't sour me on anything. I'm actually glad to get him out of the house because he was such pain in the butt to his fellow Republicans. I mean, he's so if we you know, if he is not confirmed, won't bother me. There'll be a second choice. But at used to get him out of the house. I mean because he resigned a seat in the House. But you know that's because.
Speaker 5: He's not what It made it easy.
Speaker 11: Thinking that he he with his ego, I don't think he could imagine he wouldn't be confirmed.
Speaker 1: Well, he does run a risk along those lines, though, doesn't he.
Speaker 11: And it wouldn't bother me if he if he was not confirmed, and and that's just the way it goes. But let me make a quick judge Napolitano comment. You're disappointed in him. I'm trying to give your voice a break here too. I'm feeling okay, So you may do we need to send Can we send you to our version of this dan Bull? Maybe we'll send you keep you in the Western Hemisphere. We can send you to port a prince in Haiti to have your your your sickness taken care of. Might ship you back in a box.
Speaker 1: I got my narcotic COFs ser if. I haven't taken it yet this morning. So if I start, you hear me start slurring and sounded like I'm drunk on the radio, You'll know that I had to hit it. But I'm all right.
Speaker 11: I turned on when I turned on the radio yesterday, I thought there's a trooper because I thought, well he wasn't there Monday or Tuesday. You know, I thought, so, you know, good for you. I mean, you've got that good old fashioned work ethic, which is nice. But on Judge Napolitano, Uh Bloomenthall, the former mayor of New York City ran for president, Uh has kind of a similar view of Trump that Neapolitano has. And they all came from the same area. They've known each other for decades. I don't doubt for a second any room they were ever in when Trump walked in. He's loud, boisterous, and I'm sure it rubs on, you know, grates on their nerves and they think and they may both be much smarter.
Speaker 5: Than he is.
Speaker 11: I don't know that, but I believe, just my opinion, these you know, and there's different things that makes up a human being. It's personality, it's intelligence, it's charisma, and you get the big you know, you get then this human being, it's not just intelligence. And maybe Trump's smarter than they are. I don't know, but my belief is, and this is what I've heard from Blumenthal. He is so convinced he is smarter than Trump and can't believe that he has not succeeded as he has not become president. In other words, this is somebody that has has surpassed what I was able to do. And I know I'm smarter than he is. And I think that's the same thing with Napolitano. I think he is so convinced he is so much smarter than Donald Trump. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But again, that's one factor of what makes him a human being. He doesn't command you know, the room the way Trump does when he walks into it. I think it grates on his nerves. This Department of Government efficiency, that's a moniker.
Speaker 4: It's not a new.
Speaker 5: Department, yeah.
Speaker 4: Said.
Speaker 11: Yeah. When he said constitutionally he can't do.
Speaker 1: This, you don't need to make it apartment. Just put him in a room, I said, put elon muskin and be grams. I'm in an empty room and uh and let him take hammer and tongs that did kind into government. You don't need to create a brand new department. And they can eradicate the departments that are unconstitutional that he brought up. Yeah, I don't know. He was in a bad mood. I really I firmly believe that I could see his face and yeah.
Speaker 11: Again he's he's convinced he should have succeeded more. And he's done well. Blumenthal and the Politano have done very well. But here's here's this guy that always rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe it's like, hey, I'm smarter than he is, but he pushes people away whatever, you know, it.
Speaker 1: Could be right, I don't know. And while he's a friend of mine, it's not like I call him up after the show's over and we have long conversations or anything. I just, you know, I don't mind him having a different opinion. He does. He really kind of piss off quite a few of my audience members from time to time. But that doesn't bother me either. It's not like I'm adopting it or you know, you know, singing that song myself regularly. But I like him and welcome I'm a refreshing alternative thought process or change of pace, and that way, folks like you and I, Steve and the listening audience can talk about it and analyze it and try to figure it out for ourselves. But yeah, at least it allows me to bring back up that Doge point. Yes, cut the government period, end of story. You don't have to create a department to do it. Just start cutting. Thanks brother, I got a few callers online if you don't mind bearing with me. It's six pot nineteen. Got to take a quick break and strong recommendation. Help you save money, and I mean significant amounts of money. It's affordable imaging services where you get medical imaging for a fraction of what the hospital imaging department will charge you MRI four ninety five, four hundred and ninety five bucks for a full MRI. Get a contrast at six hundred and forty five bucks. Go on over call the hospital you've been scheduled for an MRI, ask them how much it's gonna cost, and tell them to tell you how much it's gonna cost after your insurance payment or is processed. I bet it's going to be more than the entire MRI with the board Certified Radiologist report. Yes, more than six hundred and forty five bucks. Get the whole thing for six hundred and forty five bucks. With a contrast at Affordable Imaging Services, No contrast, it's only four hundred and ninety five bucks. CT scan no contrast four point fifty at a contrast six hundred that could set you five thousand dollars back at a hospital imaging department. They listen, they make a lot of profit at the imaging department. Look at all the overhead, Look at all the air conditioning they got to deal with. Look at all the space at the hospital. All that has to be paid for. Let me tell you, Affordable Imaging Services overhead is very very low. The equipment's the same, the professionals operating and have been doing this for more than forty years. Every image comes with the certified board, certified Radiologist report. You get a separate bill for that when you go to the hospital, So don't do that. Find out ahead of time how much it's going to cost you out of your pocket, and then check it out the prices at Affordable Imaging Services, and I feel pretty strongly you're going to go for the ladder. To learn more about the pricing and everything else. Go to Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable medimaging dot com. Yes you can go there. That you have a choice when it comes to your medical care. The number of scheduled appointment five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Yes, A few showers of day fifty six overnight low forty six that are dry out fifty seven hight tomorrow with overcast skies overnight low forty four with clouds partly Sunday Saturday, Ohio fifty nine fifty two Now Traffic.
Speaker 7: Times from the UCL Tramphic Center of the University of Cincinnami Cancer Center. It's home to Namesley Recognize pancreate a cancer experts to offer personalized care plans and new treatments through innovative clinical trials called five one three, five eighty five U see see see Highways in pretty good shape at the moment, Northbounds seventy five. They cleared the accident above Ezer Charles, so there's no longer a delay out of downtown stapbound seventy five and Stapbounds. But he one boat though, we find passed the Reagan Highway chuck ingramon fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station. Quite a few callers lined up. IM going to go straight to the phones. Everybody else hang on. I promise to get each and every one of you, if you don't mind holding for a moment or two. New Hampshire, Gary your first. Thanks for holding.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. Thank you very much for asking.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 4: I was kind of concerned because of your cancer at catching a cold. I think I just came over it a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Now this signess has been running through the house. It has nothing to do with my cancer. Although I appreciate your concern, and I'm in good hands, but I appreciate. So what what's your what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hey, my my, I guess because I spent thirty four years in the military. I read Pete's book. I love Pete. I think he would be a firebrand in the Department of Defense. I think that's exactly what we need. He's a decorated major, he's got lots of experience, twenty plus years as a major, and I think he could clear out, or I hope he would clear out the Department of Defense, which needs a thorough cleaning out from the very top all the way down to the bottom. Really, we haven't won a war in fifty years, at least seventy years, you know, really since World War Two, we haven't really won anything. So that's my thoughts on that. The other one is, I take this appointment of Matt Gates. While I appreciate Matt Gates because he brings up a lot of good points, I think he has such ill will amongst the Republicans whenever he shoots his mouth off and he does actions such as the impeachment of the House President, I think that's just going to be more of a distraction, cause upset in the Republicans and we're going to wind up fighting that for three months and get nowhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, in his confirmation is not assured either, and it's less assured because of exactly the point you're saying.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: There could be the biggest Matt Gates fans in the world out there listening audience. That does not mean there aren't detractors and people who are upset with him or otherwise rubbed the wrong way by him, which sets him off on the wrong foot. So, yeah, the cards we played, and we will have the votes and we'll find out ultimately. But there could have been an easier, perhaps less controversial, controversial choice than Matt. And as far as the military is concerned, just one area of government, all areas of government could do a top down, thorough scrubbing and cleansing of the nastiness that exists in literally the four corners of all governments. So it just doesn't exist in the military. But I'll be the first person as big of a fan as I am of American military to point out there is a boatload of fraud, waste, and abuse and incompetence there. Appreciate the call other callers. I will get you at six twenty seven right now. If you've out kcy detoxation, first Foreign Exchange listen brand new development of foreign Exchange. If you got a Tesla, you're in good hands of Foreign Exchange. Fix your Tesla. They are all trained Tesla repair folks now as certified master technicians. So in addition to all Asian and European traditionally manufactured automobiles, you can add Elon Musks Tesla to the list of cars at Foreign Exchange Services for less money than the dealer. So don't give them money to Elon Musk. Give less money to Foreign Exchange gets your Tesla service to your satisfaction. Then you'll leave with a full warranty on parts and service, just like the internal combustion engine cars do. Been taking my cars there for years and years and years. They do wonderful work. They'll take great care of you. They're a great at customer service. And again the bottom line is your bottom line. You get a full warranty, so try them out. You'll be You'll never go back. If your car is getting ready to go out of warranty, then get it in there and have them do a point and check on it, and get all the things written down that the dealers will fix under warranty, the one last gasp, and then from that point forward you can take it to Foreign Exchange and not pay with the dealer charges to reach them in the Westchester location, Tylersville exit off of I seventy five East two streets, go right on Kinglin and you are there. Five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty six online foreign X four in the letter X dot com fifty five KRC your morning cup of Sean. This is a Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 12: Things that are going to get very very heated, very very fast. We also have other breaking news. As I predicted, John Thune, I always thought it was going to be hard. I had I would have preferred our Senator Rick Scott to be the Senate Majority Leader, but I kind of felt it was baked in the cake. And one thing I think Republicans need to change are any votes in private that has to stop. I think we need transparency, and I think every Senator should have been willing to go on the record and let their constituents know who they voted for Majority leader.
Speaker 1: It's that simple.
Speaker 12: Now, I know that Dune has been closely associated with Mitch McConnell, and I hope he will. I hope he will lead differently than Mitch mcconne.
Speaker 13: Check out to Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 14: When you're hiring for your business, Ziprecruiter's powerful matching technology makes finding qualified candidates for your job easy.
Speaker 1: This made us.
Speaker 14: Wonder, what if the rest of the world was as easy as ZipRecruiter. Math problems wouldn't be so problematic.
Speaker 1: Hey equals forty two.
Speaker 14: Escape rooms, elementary and some of theing everest would be a walk in the park. In the meantime, if you want to make your hiring easier, use zip recruiter, and right now you can try it for free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash free. In fact, four out of five employers who post on ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate within the first day. Simple So see what the world is like when zip recruiter does the hard work of hiring for you. Just go to ZipRecruiter dot com slash free to try ZipRecruiter for free once again at ZipRecruiter dot com slash free, ZipRecruiter dot com slash free.
Speaker 1: Casday a few showers, high fifty six, overnight overcast forty six. Tomorrow overcast fifty seven, going to be cloudy overnight down at forty four, and Saturday is going to be a partly sunny day anyway, We'll hi fifty nine to fifty two right now. Time for traffic from the ucaout Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is home to naturally recognize thank credit cancer experts who offer personalized care plans and new treatments through in anative clinical trials called five one three five Big five. You see see see highway traffic doing okay with the wet roads as the rain has moved out of the area. I'm not seeing any major problems southbound seventy five through Sharonville or Lockland. Northbound seventy five or early, are problems clear, Adessa, Charles Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty two. If you have a far city talk station, Happy Friday, You're gonna go straight to the phone. He's got several callers online beginning with uh, Dennis, Dennis, thanks for holding over the brake there, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 4: No worries. Uh.
Speaker 15: I was just thinking that Republicans need to go on offense. It's about time we start acting like the ruling party as opposed to Democrats, who they're gonna pick good at picks regardless. They don't care what the American people think. Obviously, with the DEI hires and everybody else that's been in there doing nothing or doing a worse job. I think Trump is going in no with the amount of time that he had gotten left actually effect and permanently change the culture in Washington. He is trying to drain the swamp, and any detractors need to either get in the fight or get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Amen. I could not agree with you more, Dannis. Republicans have wasted so many opportunities over the years trying to play fair and delicate and nice and failing to appreciate the absolute ruthlessness of their opposition, and that is the Democrats and everything they stand for. So let's get in there, get it done, and you have a mandate. He won the popular vote, for God's sake, by a lot. If they can't take the ball and run with it under these circumstances, then maybe they don't deserve to be in office either. Who's next, Joseph, Steve, thanks for holding. Welcome to the program, Steve, Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 16: Hey, I do not want to lose Thomas Massey in the House.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 16: I have a suggestion. I have a suggestion who would probably even be better for ag Secretary Joel Salaton. And I do believe Thomas Massey is aware of Joel.
Speaker 9: He is a.
Speaker 16: He's about a mid sixties farmer. He owns polypased farm which has multiple species of animals. He's got cattle, pigs, chickens, rabbits, all sorts of things, and they actually it's very regenerative agriculture. He produces living soil by rotating his animals and doing things.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listen for I don't know who that guy is from Adam, but I'm sure there's like you and I could probably sit down a couple with one hundred and fifty different people who could be agricultural secretary. I like Messy only because he's the kind of guy that would walk in and say, you know what, there's no need for an agricultural secretary. There's nothing in the constitution that provides for it. Let's just get rid of my job and I'll just walk away from it after we reduce it to nothing.
Speaker 16: He has a dynamic speaker, he is an author. He's a self described Christian, libertarian, environmentalist, capitalist, loutna chicks farmer.
Speaker 1: You're still talking about Joel Salatin. That's Joel Okay, Well, see, I'm telling you fine. I don't know. You can talk all day about him, but nobody's brought his name up except you first. I'm glad you brought it up. But you just don't want Thomas Massey in that role because he'd be taking out of the House representative as we leis lose a seat. That point's while taken. Regardless of who you substitute for Thomas Massey in that role, I'm just saying, if he is in that role, I think you would be great at it. Appreciate the caller out of time, got Bobby and Mike. If you guys don't mind, hold and get you right after I mentioned USA Installation Premium Foam, Usay's highest R value phone on the market for insulating the exterior walls of your home. Haven't injected into the space that exists in the exterior walls. Whether your home is brick, brick on block, shingo, stuckhols, stucco, or sighting, there's space in there. Older homes, most notably early than the mid seventies nothing in the wall because they didn't put insulation in there. Fill it with the highest R value foam in the market. And if you have a new er home anything after the mid seventies, USA can inspect the exterior walls and find out what you've got in there which may be insufficient. My daughter's house I've been using as the greatest illustration of that old late seventies R twelve. It loses its insulative capacity over time, so we bought the funm to go with the old. Now they have a very well insulated home. Money savings guaranteed from USA Comfort Increase Comfort Guaranteed from day one, you'll notice it, and right now in addition to the twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit you'll get next year when you're doing your taxes for doing the right thing. It's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. I pay it off A note that ninety nine bucks a month interest free, that is eminently affordable for something you should really do, regardless of whether the special is going on. And I but take advantage of the special it is going on right now. Learn more. Go to USA Installation dit net call them up for a free quote and free inspection. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam three eight one.
Speaker 3: Foam fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: UH Channelan Weather says it's going to be overcast, slight showers today, fifty six overnight, little forty six with the cloudy skies, dotty tomorrow, fifty seven for the high, then thirty overnight as well, forty four for the low, fifty nine high on Saturday with partley sunny skies fifty one right now. Traffic time from the UCL Tramphic Center.
Speaker 7: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is home to Nasley Recognize pan Credit cancer experts who offer personalized care plans and new treatments through innovative clinical trials called five one, three, five eighty five UCCC highways. Not bad at all given the conditions with the wet roads. Most of the rain has moved out of the two seventy five loop. I'm not seeing any delays on westbound two seventy five past Loveline.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty the talk station sixty one here fifty five KRCD talk station. Very Happy Friday. EU t at the top of our news. Ken Cobra FOP president on AFTAB parvall State of the City address the other day. In the meantime over of the phones, Mike, thanks for holding. Welcome the show, Hi, Ryan.
Speaker 17: Real quick about the efficiency government efficiency that they're.
Speaker 8: With Bacon the Elon.
Speaker 17: The suggestion I'd have for him is they need to go hang out with each cabinet member for about a week and check out their departments and the way they can get at Lisa a bird's eye view of everything going on in each department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got to start somewhere. Although any new Cabinet secretary is going to have a learning curve to deal with, so maybe get somebody that's been in there for a long time. You know, maybe a uh, someone who's sympathetic to the Trump cutting cause in the in the in the heiring back of government fraud, waste and abuse cause and get them to eyeball an id where the waste exists and where the fraud and of the abuse exists. I guess that's it. Bobby, Welcome to the show and hanging out. Thanks a kissy. Welcome to the show, Bobby, Happy Friday.
Speaker 18: You my brother. Hey, I got a couple points and I'll be real quick. Speaker Johnson day before yesterday sent out a scolding a letter to all of your thirteen government agencies about keeping retaining all records, yes, or there may be retaliation against them as subtle words that he used. You tell me one individual, it's not going to hold their nose to the grindstone any better than Gates. That's my first point. My second one is you had a caller on here going on about Trump.
Speaker 5: Point.
Speaker 18: You had four years. Trump passed four years to set the ground work that US Conservatives will be able to run for the next twelve to twenty years.
Speaker 1: But it's going to have to do. The work is going to have to start quickly and in earnest and remain the focus of the administration for as long as is possible, the reason being in the mid term elections, and yes, people are already talking about the damn things. Quite often the party in power loses seats in the House, and given the slim majority of the Republicans enjoy right now, they might lose that. So you got two years for sure to try to get something done. After that, it's a crapshoot. We'll have to wait through another election to find out.
Speaker 18: But what about Rhino Mike Dewarne about his appointment for jd Vance's seat. When's he going to make a ruling on that?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, Bobby, you know, I have no insight into what goes through the Wine's head.
Speaker 18: Well, you can pick out another rhino he will want to put in there. He's never contacted jd Vance or he hasn't contacted the Trumpsters to find out who they would like in that position. I guarantee he'll fall back like he always has to pick one of the dry no buddies.
Speaker 1: I'll let I have no reason to take that bet because he's Mike Dwine. I mean, you're being angry about it. And you're identifying. It doesn't change the reality of where we are with that guy and where we have been. I mean, you've never been happy with him, and there's a lot of reasons why I haven't been either. So don't expect the son not to come up tomorrow, Bobby, It's gonna come up tomorrow. And don't expect Mike Dwine to change his stripes late in the game. Never gonna happen. So we at least that we can thoroughly agree on. The thing is, you're right about Gates, but you're also half the factor into the equation. Much like the midterm elections may hand the House over to the Democrats of America? Is that dumb to go that route? In a couple of years, Matt Gates still has his detractors, and he still has people who really do not like him, and those are people within his own party. He's got to withstand support and he has to be well voted on. So is it better to vote with someone who does and come with the baggage in spite of the fact that he will hit the ground running and with his nose to the grindstone. I think there are other people who could fill that role. Maybe not to your level of satisfaction, but don't throw out the good looking for the perfect. And I wouldn't say Matt Gates is perfect either. Appreciate the call as always, Bobby five forty five fifty five CARSD six forty five fifty five krsy DETALX station five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk and for electric work, call my friends at Cullen Andrew Cullen. He has a great team of electricians doing all your residential electric work like they have been doing since nineteen ninety nine, enjoying an A plus with a better business fear with very good reason. Efficient, they take great care of your home. They're clean, they will pick up after themselves, they won't leave a mess, extremely wonderful customer service and well the right price, which is really really important. Culin the folks are the right connections for big projects, small projects, everything in between. Have them rewire your entire home, get rid of the old aluminum wiring or nob and tube. Have them wire up your new bathroom for a bathroom remodeling project. My most recent experience with Culin, but they've installed so many different things in my house over the years. The can lights, I absolutely love them. There are all kinds of lighting solutions that exist now, really cool stuff. So you got a room, may have ad qu with lighting me you might want to change it around a little bit. Can Some are some of those LED lighting solutions, like the ones we had put in our closet. The lights are behind the cabinet tree, but it illuminates the clothes, kind of like at a at a department store kind of thing. It's a beautiful look and it's also helps you see what you're looking for in the closet. Just a couple of things thrown out at you. Folks with the right connections again a plus with a BBB online, Cullen cul E and Cullen Electric Cincinnati dot com, Call on Electriccincinnati dot com five one three two two seven four one one two two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC Don Junior.
Speaker 1: According to Channel nine, we have overcast day if you like showers high at fifty six fati or nineteen forty six, overcast Tomorrow fifty seven over nine forty four with some clouds and on Saturday partly sunny, high a fifty nine right now it's fifty one. Time for a traffic up there from the UCF Traffics Center.
Speaker 7: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is home to Nanceley recognize pancreatic cancer experts who offer personalized care plans and new treatments through renovative clinical trials called five one three five eighty five UCCC Rain moving out of the area. Roads starting to dry out just a bit in spots, and not all that bad on the highways at the moment. Northbound seventy five beginning to slow just a bit into the cut. Same for southbound seventy five coming out of Lochland. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's six point fifty here at fifty five care CD talk station. Happy Thursday. TUH got Jim on the phone five one three seven two three talk time five fifty on AT and T phone. Jim, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 19: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hey, who takes Massey's seat? If he's If he does go into this position.
Speaker 19: I'm in Kenton County.
Speaker 16: I don't want to lose him, So I'm wondering how.
Speaker 4: Does that work?
Speaker 16: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Isn't that an appointment kind of thing, and shears is he going to be in charge of it?
Speaker 4: And I don't want that either.
Speaker 1: No, Jim, let me observe that nothing is easy, is it. No, It's like me, I was advocating for Thomas Massey's Agricultural secretary just because I think you'll be great in that role and probably would pair back the entire department to virtually nothing just because of he has he's a man of principle and appreciates a bloated, wasteful government. But we would lose him in the House. So he's gonna be on the program. I got to ask him about that. But in so far as any one of these folks that steps out of their role as an elected official in the Senate or in the House, they're going to have to be replaced by somebody. And of course, in so far as Jade Vance's concern, we're still waiting around, as Bobby pointed out, for Mike Dwine to make a decision on that one. It's apparently rest in Dwine's hands. And I don't know if that differs from state to state. I'll be quite honest with you on that. We dwell or I may be, but in terms of the minutia, in terms of you know, like some people ask me, like, can you recall fill in the blank? Yeah, I don't know which state you're talking about, which office you're talking about. It all depends on a variety of things. And I don't purport to have all the answers to all the questions. But you know what, I know, a simple internet search would probably answer literally every question that we all have. So if you find out and give me a call, let me know. In terms of cutting real quick, here the New York Post that I was looking at. They because this office, which I'm excited about, and it's not really a cabinet, and say, this is one of the things. This is the point of contention. Got to do with the pol Atana the other day, because oh, we shouldn't even have these thes are not part of the gut Listen, just say park Elon Musk and Viva Gramaswamy in a room. Department of government efficiency doesn't have to be a formalized funded department. These guys are multi billionaires and millionaires. They don't need any extra money anyway, so they probably do the job without being paid. But let them start cutting. Put them in an office. Let them start cutting. They got empty offices. You don't even have to pay for extra new space. Let them start cutting. Excuse me, cough Futton. Anyway, your posts identified quite a few things, and the neat thing about when they announced this Department of Government Efficiency, they said they would have the opportunity for us to give them ideas about where to cut, and to the extent they announced something that they are planning on cutting, that we would be able to react to it in a positive or negative way, So open door policy. Federal government spent one point three billion dollars in checks on dead people from the IRS one calendar year twenty twenty three, medicare as well as assorted veteran groups. There's one point three billion dollars in savings. All you need to do is cross check the payments. The Treasury Department as a do not pay list. Everyone should be on it, and it should be shared across all layers of government. They don't share the information. Easy fix. You probably put artificial intelligence behind that one and not even have a position for that role. Prisoners thought to still be free and out of work got one hundred and seventy one million in unemployment payments from Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. They also sent one hundred and one billion in improper payments as a consequence of fraud, tax cheats, et cetera. Russian cat research which reminds me of the shrimp on the treadmill kind of craft twenty twenty one National inst to Health. How about defunding that? When awarded four hundred and almost six hundred thousand dollars to a Russian lab performing experience on cats which included removing parts of their brains and seeing if they could still walk on treadmills. See treadmills came back in They got to think about treadmills over at the National Institute for Health fifty I see NIH again. Thirty three million dollars given to a firm which runs Monkey Island, three thousand monkeys sent to do for research lab. They grant a three point seven million to fund a study on monkeys and gambling. Part of the twelve million dollars went to the University of University of Mississippi to test monkeys on meth amphetamine. Florida Lab received half a million dollars a little less than to help fund research on transgender monkeys, and you listen to this and you think, you know, there's no way. There's no way, Yeah, there is. Our government's gotten so big that we are willing to throw a half a million dollars at alleged transgender monkey research.
Speaker 19: Why.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I don't care what argument you can make that the study was a good one. We're broke, and a little more fun news along those lines. Thankfully, maybe this administration upcoming will do something about the outrageous spending it didn't do anything last time around Donald Trump five trillion dollars. The US budget deficit jumped nearly fourfold at two hundred and fifty seven billion dollars in October end of the fiscal year. Treasury Department said October deficit up two hundred and eighty seven percent from the sixty seven billion dollar deficit it was in October twenty three. Do you think we're having a spending problem here in this country? And when you look at that kind of hole we've already dug ourselves and the debt service we're paying on the money we've already borrowed and must pay debt service on. Going back to transgender money key research, that one person in my listening audience maybe that thinks that's a good idea, right, Sure it is. Every little bit counts, so let's start cutting every little bit we can. FLP President Ken Kober joins the program at the top of the R news talking about after have Parvall, State of the City, Youth Violence, Public Safety. Donald and O'Neil the lame Duck agenda in Columbus still join the program at seven thirty. I sure hope you can stick around when you want to know, when you need to know, when you have to know, you can be in the know right here on fifty five KRS Talk Station. This report seven oh six to fifty about kr CD Talk Station Brian Thomas brish everyone a very happy Thursday, slash Friday Eve and welcoming back. Always a pleasure to have him on. FOP President Ken Kob representing Chapter sixty nine in Fraternal Order Police. That's the Cincinnta Police Department. Ken, excuse me, good to heavyback on the show to this morning.
Speaker 9: Thank good morning, Brian.
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine? Just kind of going over some of the comments from f TOE provoll State of the City Youth Violence. Obviously brought up numerous times, although he did claim that during the State of the City said he claimed that youth violence is down more than thirty five percent this calendar year. And I was scratching my head over that one, because I know there have already been more youth involved incidents at the various transit centers which seemed to be a magnet for these young punk kids, and crimes more this year so far than the entire calendar year last year. So you tell my listeners, where are we in terms of crime generally speaking, in youth crime specifically.
Speaker 19: Wow, when you like transit center stuff, those are those are things that typically disorder kids just fighting where you know, an assault report is never generated, so those things don't get thrown into stats. So you know, the reportable crime may be down, But I could tell you with the officers that go to these transit centers every day after school, they're going to tell you that juvenile violence is absolutely still a problem.
Speaker 1: Well, is there something that's behind it other than the obvious social realities of maybe you know, not having a mom and dad at home taking care of them and mining the store or I don't know, is this on the uptick for any particular reason that you can put your finger on that's sort of different from the norm.
Speaker 19: Now, not really other than the fact that they now have a place to gather, you know, with all these transit centers popping up. You know, instead of having these kids just burst throughout you know, other avenues of transportation, they're now going to central locations where gives them an opportunity fifteen twenty minutes to to wait for a bus.
Speaker 9: And well know that if you give kids time to be silly, they're going.
Speaker 1: To be silly. Well, no question about that. So this really is all about getting to and from school and using the metro buses to do it, and having to gather together in one place, concentrated, which obviously welcomes the opportunity for violence between young people. So we're down to transit for public schools. Is that really that's it, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Absolutely, I mean this these weren't problems seven, eight, nine years ago when CPS had they're unbussing, you know, where you were picking up the bus in your own neighborhood and going to schools. We just didn't see these problems now that obviously that they're using these transit centers. I mean, look at Oakley. Oakley has never been a problem. Now of a sudden, this transit center there has been a hub for issues in Oakley and it's starting to terrorize their neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Well, what a crying shame that is. Has anybody going back to the well and talked about maybe going back to the way it used to be in terms of trans.
Speaker 19: It, Well, I think the biggest problem they've had is the fact that CPS leadership has been changing. They don't have a permanent director superintendent for Cincinnati Public Schools. So, you know, just like the police department was, when you have an interim achieved for interim director, they're not going to make any kind of extreme changes or drastic changes until they have a permanent role. And that's that typically ends up being a problem that we see it all the time. But instance that police department, if you have an interim everything's going to be status quo into a permanent person's named.
Speaker 1: Well, what a shame that is this? I mean, this is a problem that's screaming for a solution, a solution that seems to be I mean, you bring it up here this morning. Go back to the old ways. The transit system. The kids aren't going to be congregating together for a long periods of time. You'll have an end of violence at least at these transit centers. That's a simple solution, simple fix. It doesn't require a permanent position to do it, just requids someone with the willpower to start implementing it and figuring out how to pay for it right now.
Speaker 19: I mean, these are simple concepts to you and I, but I guess they become very complex when you get to that level of leadership. And I guess they're just afraid to make changes until they know who's going to ultimately be in charge.
Speaker 1: Well again, i'll repeat crying and shame. Now you mentioned reportable crimes. I have this theory and perhaps maybe you, as the FOP president ken Cover, can confirm it or deny it. In the aftermath of all the old the defund the police and the police are evil, it's inherently racist thing. Blah blah blah blah blah. I hopefully we have gotten past that nonsense and er back to supporting our men and women in uniform because they do keep our neighborhoods safe. But the bubble seem to have gotten burst in so far as law and law enforcement's morale. When you have a revolving door of crime and you don't get rewarded by seeing the purp that you busted your hump chasing down on the streets see justice, you're less inclined to maybe arrest them or report a crime. Is that still kind of a concept going on? Because I keep reading that, well, violent crimes down, this gets down, and it's down. It could be down simply because nobody's reporting crimes that happen.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think that the biggest impact on this isn't necessarily with the police, because you know, the police, if they know, they're going to go and there if somebody calls the police dance for a report to be done, they're going to go complete the report. But to your point, what's happening, and we've seen this, I've talked to officers about this, is that you have people that go, look, forts system is not going to do anything to them anyway, So I'm just not even going to report this right because they don't want to waste their time. They don't want to go down to court, you know, and and spend two or three different appearances down there. For some defendant to maybe show up, maybe not show up, and then ultimately when the case comes to a conclusion, they get nothing out of it. So I think, honestly, there's some citizens you know that are victims of crime that are fed up with the justice system and saying nothing's going to happen to these people, So you know, the heck with him, I'm not even gonna bother reporting.
Speaker 1: Well, that has me a little down. I'm not going to ask you to stick your nose in matters political. It might not be good for you, but you can feel free to chime in if you prefer to. But I'm a little worried now with the post election, we have Connie Pillage and Charmane McGuffey stays in her role, so we kind of have a handle on how that's going to be at the Sheriff's office. But with Connie Pillach's Hamilton County prosecutor, we don't have a Melissa Powers tough on crime prosecutor any longer. That, coupled with a lot of the woke judges we have, which we know are very very soft on crime, have any perception of whether this is going to get worse before it gets better.
Speaker 9: Well, that's the million dollar question.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 19: I was asked this the day after the election with some of the local media, and I'm actually going to meet with Connie Pillage tomorrow. She and I exchange in text. She seemed very very interested to meet with me. But those are some of the questions that I'm going to ask her. Is how you know what's this going to look like? Because ultimately, it doesn't matter who the prosecutor in this county is as far as law enforcement, because we work with the prosecutor's office. To your point, you know, if things are trending to where we are going to just be soft on crime, it is certainly going to make a huge impact. But I think it's one of those things where I think we are best to just wait and see. You know, Connie's really an unknown.
Speaker 9: Because she hasn't been a county prosecutor.
Speaker 19: So I think always we really do right now is just buckle up and see how things are gonna go. I mean, that's really the only choice we really have at this point.
Speaker 1: Bow our heads and pray. How are things that the Since a police department from a rale standpoint, you haven't any uh uh. I thinks getting any better because all the reports I keep getting and I'm not asking you to agree with me or disagree, but I can't find any of my since a police department, friends or little birds that normally whisper in my ear about matters involved in this insant police that have much of good news. And so far as morale is concerned, you know.
Speaker 19: Every day is a challenge, and I've talked about this before where it really depends on where you work. You know, some districts are tougher than others to work in. You know, some districts face more violent crime than others. You know, it's it's one of these things where I know, certainly getting our contract done and getting a significant race certainly helps a little bit, but that's certainly not the end all be all, so and we just keep on plugging along.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 19: This last week I was a couple of different trainings, and you know, we had a council member that wanted to come to show support. In my career, I don't think we've ever had a time where we have Cincinnati council members that are willing to come just to say thanks for being there. So it does seem like the pendulum is starting to swing badly to where law enforcement is being appreciated, but we're certainly not seeing it yet in the courts.
Speaker 9: And that's a.
Speaker 19: Huge impact on morale. Is to your point, you go arrest somebody that's you know, you get done fighting with and only to find out that they're going to get probation or they don't even get convicted, that certainly is something that will extremely, extremely have a big impact on morale.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose that's a conversation you would obviously have with Connie Pilla's like, Listen, Connie, we would love for you to be tough on crime. And this woke nonsense obviously hasn't done any city in the United States of America a whit's worth of good. Look at how deteriorated these cities have become, look at how the reversals are happening across this country. So start on the right foot being tough on crime. I think that's a reasonable request. And then how about leaning on some of these woke judges and telling them, listen that those days are over. We are not doing ourselves any service by letting people who are violent and have committed you know, multiple crimes in the community out on no bond or with very light sentences. I think that's a that's an easy ask ka Connie Billich whether the judges will listen to her. But she's got to have more pull with the woke judges than a Melissa Powers would have.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 19: I mean, you look at what went on in Seattle and San Francisco and how they're now backtracking. Yeah, trying to fix all of these crazy policies. Let's hope that Cincinnati and the elected officials learned that it did not work there and now they're all backtracking.
Speaker 1: Let's not even go there to begin with Amen to that and real quick before we part company. Ken cob Or, FLP President, any comments on the Addison police dissolving. I did had that out this morning when I was a kid. You know, I'm fifty nine revealing how old I am. But yeah, you did not. You didn't go one mile an hour over the speed limit when you were cruising through Addison you would get pulled over. It was like they had some reason. They were really, really, really tough on speeding, but overall seaking your reaction to the dissolution of the police department there.
Speaker 19: Well, you know it's the Addison police departments had had troubles for years with funding, and now you know, with having their their main source of tax revenue being the plant right there on the Ohio River closing, which I saw a stat that that accounts for three hundred of their eight hundred thousand dollars a year in revenue.
Speaker 9: I mean, I get it. I mean what else are you supposed to do? I mean, I know it's a tough decision.
Speaker 19: But you have the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department that patrols in that kind of southwestern.
Speaker 9: Part of the county.
Speaker 19: You know they're more than capable, you know, folks, But it's a hit anytime a police department is forced to close.
Speaker 9: But I don't know what other choice they would have.
Speaker 1: Had well with that loss of funding, I tend to agree with you. I wasn't aware that that was the such a sizeable share of their budget. So any event, Hamilton County Sheriff's Office will be covering the territory and I trust will do a decent ken Kober, thanks for what you do. God bless the Cincinnt Police Department and the men and women who serve so proudly and keep us protected and safe. We have your back and the back of the police department here in the fifty five CARSS Morning Show. Ken, I'll look forward to having you back on the program real soon, hopefully with some good news.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that'd be great, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Happy to do it. Good luck with your meeting with Connie. I hope it goes really really well. Seven eighteen Right now, fifty five Caroseine Detalk Station. She's at Lowe's camp. What a wonderful lady she is. You will love working with her. And why would you do that? Mortgages? She's that Low's Camps with cross Country Mortgage. If you hear my voice and you're in one of the fifty States or the or Puerto Rico, she can handle you. Help you out in any of the fifty states in Puerto Rico, So like New Hampshire, Garry or Mississippi, James, either you need a mortgage, cause he's at Low's camp. You'd be glad you did. But everybody's glad they did. My white daughter is glad that. She called Susanette Load's the camp. It took her just a couple of days to seal up or nail down the funding for the house they bought, and so happy they are. It's just such a cute thing. It's adorable. But Suzette is one that got them, got him in the crib beautiful place. Suseee will help you with all mortgage related needs. You got one already. Let's say you built up a whole bunch of equity in you'r homing, like I want some of that money, Go ahead, get in touch with Suzette and refinance yourself with some of that money back into your pocket. Everything to do with mortgages. You're working with the best person because, first off, best customer service in the business. You'll love working with her. Two license and all fifty states plus Berder week go three. No junk fees or application fees, just great rates at a low cost, and more experience than I think anybody with more than thirty five years in the mortgage business. Tell O'Brian said, how when you give her a call, and you can call her at any time, she'll get back with you very quickly. Just wait for business hours so you can call right now though. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or shoot her an email. She'll get back with you quickly that way as well at Suzette dot Low's camp which is spelled l O s E KA MP Szet dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Here's your Shannon and I in the first warning weather forecast is going to be cloudy today, high fifty six claudiover night down to forty six. Got cloudy sky tomorrow with a high fifty seven and mostly cloudy overnight driving to forty four Saturday. Finally gets some sunback partly Sunday with a high fifty nine. It's fifty two and time for traffic from the uc Health Traumphics Center.
Speaker 7: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is home to Nasley Recognize pancredit cancer experts who offer personalized care plans and new treatments through renovative Pinnacle trials called five one, three, five eighty five. UCCC sept Bend seventy five continues to build through Lachland northbound over a ten minute delay out of Erlwaninger in two downtown northbound fourth seventy one's backing past Grand wrecks on Bypass four. It sends and Sunday at Oxford State Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Seven three. Here fifty five KRC DE Talk station bottom of the Are, Donovan and the Americans for Prosperity returns talking about the lame Duck agenda in Columbus. We just call Columbus generally lame. I was joke about it's like herding cats, and I sure hope the Trump administration is like that. Finally called the House for the Republicans, So the Republicans have a slim majority in the House. They got the Senate, they got the presidency. Let's just not squander it by bickering and complaining and fighting. Let's get the nose to the grindstone to start cutting and cutting and cutting and cutting. It's one thing I have at least a measure of optimism. For God knows what's gonna happen with the war in Ukraine. I don't think Donald Trump's capable of laying hands on it and just ending it. Even though apparently funding may be cut off now with the a new administration, I yet sworn in Democrats obviously for more funding for Ukraine as are summer Republicans, but the likelihood of more going over less of a possibility, at least at this moment in time. Back over to New York post lease in terms of areas where you can certainly cut I mentioned a handful of these before, but in the remaining moments of the segments, UH, take away the guns and the ammunition from the Environmental Protection Agency. I wouldn't have any problem with that. Apparently six hundred and twenty thousand dollars spent on guns and AMMO, bulletproof armor, night vision equipment, military grade weapons. Why would the EPA need any of that? We give money to China. Fifty eight point seven million dollars given to China between twenty seventeen to twenty two for things like one one hundred grand to promote gender equality through the use of New Yorker magazine cartoons. I would love to say, you can't make this stuff up, but this is the kind of thing that you would make up. But this is real. National Endowment for Humanity spends apparently one hundreds of thousand dollars annually on what they are calling a New York post of obscure studies. January twenty twenty four grant three hundred and fifty thousand dollars to research and write books on Are you ready the history of Muslim Chinese encounters in Asia from the thirteen sixties to the sixteen forties?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 1: That's your area of interest, isn't it? Sixteen forty one? Oh, that was the transition period. I got you. Yeah, that's like moving from the beatneck generation over to the hippie generation. Uh okay, the history and sociological impact of liver disease in Egypt and the nature of imprisonment in England from fifteen fifty to eighteen hundred. You work for that, folks. I don't care if it's a fraction of a moment in time. You paid taxes and it went to fund this crap. There's someone out there that knows somebody inside government and just says, hey, man, I want to do a book on the Chinese and the Mongolian relations in this one small decade of time three hundred years ago. Can you score me a grant?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sure, you're a friend. Six hundred thousand dollars. Work for you. That happens all the bloody time. It should never happen. It just keeps getting worse and worse every year, and nobody's hands are clean, not a soul. In government, there may be one or two people who refuse to play that game. People refuse to abide I think Congress from Massi's going to join the program at eight o five. Probably is one of the very few people who you could say, if you had to guess, would never ever ever ever abide by that or take that kind of stuff or direct taxpayer money to stupid, stupid programs. Seven twenty seventy five KRECD talk station and we're talking nah with Donovan O'Neil coming up next lane Duck Agenda in Congress. And then stay around because Jackie Williams is doing an empower you seminar tonight warning signs of Alzheimer's. She'll join the program right after Donovan O'Neil's been around on seven forty So good, good, good conversation. We may learn something together in the meantime. T you care fireplaces, so please think of your safety before you think you're comfort. And speaking of comfort, first fire of the season last night. Yeah, I did have to replace the batteries in my remote control, and I know how silly it sounds, but either the remote control gas fireplace is really awesome. I just love it to death. You can adjust the flames, like two different types of flames in there. You can have them both going for a roaring fire, a small little fire. You got lights in there. It just it looks beautiful. It all looks very, very real, which would take the fun out of it. Didn't look real. But that was the insert I got when I replaced the old one after the inspection revealed that I might burn my house down if I used the old fireplace. Yeah, build a special. It was not vented properly and heat was trapped, and obviously a roaring fire and a fireplace generates a whole lot of heat, and I guess enough so that it could have caught the wood framing behind it on fire. Bottom line is it went out, replaced the whole winding, got a brand new firebox and the gorgeous, gorgeous architectural beauty of that and just melds right within the look of our living room. So that happened quite a few years ago. But last night, press the button, there's a fire.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 1: You can do that, or you can go with a regular wood burner. If you want to stick with that, that's great, but have it inspect. Did get yourself a carbon monoxide detector, fracture a special piece of mind which everyone should have one of those. But they have certified chimney sweeps. They do all kinds of chimney work. They can build one cap and damper replacement, free standing. Stove's got a huge selection of those in fireplace inserts. That's where I got my fireplace insert the showroom which is located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road. To learn more online. It's a plus with a better business beer, Chimneycare, fireplace and Stove. It's chimney Care Co dot com, chimneycarec dot com. Tell brian Ston, how don you call for your appointment? Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five car The talk station chim nine has got a cloudy day to day at high fifty six overnight clouds overcast is what they're calling it. Six to one half of another forty sixty overnight low fifty seven with clouds tomorrow forty four of the overnight low with clouds and Saturday, partly sunny high fifty nine fifty two.
Speaker 7: Right now it's time for traffic chuck from the UCL Traffic Center to the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is home to nationally recognize can't created cancer experts who offer personalized care plans and new treatments through innovative clinical trials called five one, three, five to eighty five. UCCC sethbound seventy five continues to build in and out of lock on northbound seventy five. You'll need an extra ten minutes between Eurobanger and downtown. That delay time on the way up. Now inbound seventy four slowing from Montana. There's a wreck on five past four at SIMS. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC DE Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC Detalks Station. One of the men responsible, my listener, is certainly responsible for getting Bernie Marino in the Senate. But of course Americans were Prosperity been hard at work up through the election to get that accomplished. Donovan and El welcome back in a big congratulations to you for all of your hard work, as well as everybody in Americans for Prosperity for bringing home a big win here in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 13: Brian, really really appreciate it and still still enjoying seeing the fact that we've got under like Bernie Moreno representing the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, moving along, You're not done and the work is never done. Back in focusing on the state of Ohio and legislative agenda, I guess my summary of my perception of Columbus is like herding cats. In spite of the fact that the Republicans have total control, they don't seem to really accomplish anything big, Like how about cutting our taxes? We're number forty four in the nation on individual taxes. We could improve our souls dramatically in that realm. Are you working on that at Americans for Prosperity.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, now that the politics is done, the elections or the votes are in, and we know who's going to be representing us next year, the real work begins, right, Brian, it's actually going out and getting the things done, or as Jim Jordan's famous for saying, right, doing what you said you're going to do, and we had AFP are going to be holding folks accountable to get that done. In tax reform, getting Ohio to become a zero income tax state, the first of the Midwest, the tenth of the nation. It's one of the main priorities we have is we're having initial conversations with incoming lawmakers here in the state of Ohio about what they need to make a priority of in the first six months of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Well, when you hear about obviously some Republicans will push back on the idea. What is their motivation for not wanting to embrace the idea of lowering the state of Ohio's taxes.
Speaker 13: Well, I think the biggest thing is is when everybody gets to Columbus, they bring their setup priorities, and a lot of those priorities require tax payer funding. And so you can imagine, right with ninety nine state reps, thirty three state senators, and a governor, all with their own spending priorities. They've got different ideas of how they want to spend the money pot despite many of them, you know, while on the campaign trailer, agreeing they want to get rid of the income tax. And so our challenge really are it's really comes through the voice of our activists, right, the citizens who elected these folks that we bring to the state House to remind folks that, hey, despite all these nice things you want to do with my taxpayer dollars, maybe we need to keep that focused on just a few key critical government functions. And then if we do that, we can actually put the rest of that money back that you've been collecting since the seventies through our paychecks, back in the pockets of the hard working Higlands who pay these bills and ultimately achieve the mission of the limping names from tax But it just comes down to reminded, folks, you can't do everything for everybody. You really got a priority we need. You need leadership that's going to prioritize what the thing is spending its money on.
Speaker 1: Well, Donovan, and if I may observe, since government does such a really, really crappy job of fixing anything, maybe they should just start with the proposition that no, don't turn to Columbus to have your problems solved. We already have too much on our plate, as evidence by how much money we spend, and evidence by the fact that so many of these programs and these policies and these plans have been around for decades without really anything to show for it. Maybe you should start looking inward and relying on your local community and quit sending taxpayer dollars to Columbus because we're not going to fix it.
Speaker 13: Just the thought, well yeah, one hundred percent. And I think you know, that's the kind of message we drive. We try to drive home to legislators who are saying, well, well, this is a crisis, right, we need to We've got a problem we need to fix. And you say, well, yeah, but we live in up in a world where bad things are going to happen from time to time, and you know, government can't be the solution to all people's problems. What about like pulling back regulations or real and back red tape so that you can empower the folks close to that problem to be able to solve it. Right, And one way to do it is not take money out of their pockets through taxation, so that you can redistribute that welfare on the state. Right, Let's keep it in the hands of the folks who know best how to utilize it and the closest to the problems. And let's if there's a red tape regulation barrier that exists, let's go be a champion, a warrior to remove that so they can go out and do the good things in the community they want to do it. It's bottom up solutions, it's local governance that it's back.
Speaker 1: And one of the local solutions of problems is a better education for our young people. And I know that Americans for Prosperity recommends the universal ed choice voucher system that was passed by one hundred and thirty fifth General Assembly. But apparently work remains to be done. What needs to be done to embrace and expand this idea of just choice for education.
Speaker 13: Well, I think one of the biggest challenges we're going to face next year when you're mayor of figiling On is the folks who are just outright opponents, just pure They just fundamentally at a core level, disagree with the idea that parents are best equipped to make educational choices for their children. And those folks are going to be coming after the money that's been allocated in the you know, in the state budget this passed by Anium for these these universal school choice program we have now in the state of Ohio, and so we're need to remain vigilant on defending that. But then also I think working to lower the barriers. There's still an income threshold that exists, there's some administrative bureaucracy that makes it challenging for schools to be able to access those dollars in a timely manner to fund their operations. And so I think there's a lot of defensive need here right now to make sure we retain the programs we have, but then also some opportunities to move forward in terms of raining bringing down some of the red tape, because that's what government's best that bright, it's just creating it might it might open up one opportunity, but to create three or four more challenges as it goes. And so I think that's where we're going to continue to continue to work to make sure we keep the UH, we keep it easy for families toil to access when they need.
Speaker 4: To access it.
Speaker 1: And formally, excuse me before we part company today, UH, Donald and nail Americans for prosperity UH. Energy policy. Obviously, we had a real problem with corruption in the state of Ohio, some folks who are doing jail time as a consequence of that. Are we still sort of a ship without a rudder on energy policy in Ohio?
Speaker 13: Donald, Yeah, I think I think what we've seen since the House Bild six scandal is the large Cronius operations have largely gone back, retreated back into the shadows where they belong. But what we're seeing is a slow creeping in of ideas by the utilities and others to to kind of get their hands back on the uh, you know, get their good get back on the tax payer diamonds. So uh, I think what we need to do though, what we failed to do something we've acknowledged.
Speaker 4: In talking with our you know, there's good conservative.
Speaker 13: Legislators around the state House, and some coalition partners like Bucket Institute, is recognized we can't just say what's bad. We need to actually be able to go out there and give legislators legislation that can accomplish some of the things we do need to see an energy right, like lowering our energy costs, increasing our supply. And so that's one of the things we're going to be doing. I think we'll see that as a major priority for our chapter and what we do next year, not just because energy prices remain high, but because we have to remain vigilant against a utility dominated paradigm right now. We need to make it a consumer dominated paradigm where we'll focused on making sure energy is affordable and abundant and reliable here in the state of Ohio. And I think that's going to be a really exciting area to be working in going into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I agree, especially with the Trump administration, presumably all of the above energy strategy, you're not going to have a federal government fighting you at every turn trying to bring about a realistic energy policy for Ohioans. So fingers crossed, it's Americans for Prosperity dot org. Still looking for folks to help out. I see there's a donate button there, Donovan. I imagine you take a contribution or two to keep funding the good work you're doing.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 13: Absolutely to get folks. We bring folks to the State House. And in order to do that it takes you know, you still got a fuel up the car and get folks, get folks into Columbus. And so we welcome any and all contributions to Time, Talent or Treasure to help us do what we do.
Speaker 1: Time, Talent, Treasure, Americans for Prosperity dot org. Look at the return you'll get on the investment. AFP brought at home for Ohio in large part with Bernie Moreno as well as the President. I know we're a red state, but it takes a lot of work. They knocked on a lot of doors and they made it happen. I'll give you a huge amount of credit thanks to you and the team, Donovan. You and I will be talking again, and good luck working forward with the remaining opportunity you have under the current electrical the current administration in Columbus. I know it's a tough road to ho but I'm glad you're there doing that work. Thank you, Brian. We'll be back with an update next week. Look forward to it. Stick around, folks. We're going to learn about Alzheimer's a special UH Empower You America seminar tonight. Jackie Williams will join the program coming up next to talk about that. Give me a little tip of the Iceberg glance of what you're gonna learn in the meantime. Boost your festivities with a hassle free holiday loan emery, Federal Credit Union, a better way to bank. So it's I know, we'll get into holiday time. Maybe you need some cash for gifts, Maybe you want to go on a trip. Maybe you got home improvements you want to do, maybe just something out there in the world that'll make you happy, and you need a loan to do it. How about getting a great loan from Emory. They're always great, the rates are always fantastic and Emory right now up up till December thirty first, that's when the offer ends. Members can get one point eight five percent off the holiday loan. That's a great loan. Yeah, one point eighty five percent offthor already low rates. That's why you want a bank well, Emery, So become a member at Emory Federal Credit and be like me. Been doing that for more than a decade, like fifteen years, I think. To apply for a person alone. To get more information about banking with Emory, just go to any Emery Federal Credit Union location or online. Apply online EMORYFCU dot org Offer Friends December thirty first. As I mentioned, certain restrictions do apply, as they always do. An them lest number four zero one zero eight seven Federally insured NCUA Equal Housing Lender, fifty five KRC dot com. Man if you're s seven forty four, are here fifty five kre CD talk station right time I was happy to welcome to a fifty five KRC morning show a subject matter near and dear to my heart for all the wrong reasons. Alzheimer's sucks, and no one knows more about that than Jackie Williams. She's a program manager for the Greatest SINCINNTI Chapter of Alzheimer's Association. Before being joining the Association, she served as a volunteer for close to ten years, helping to educate those in the community regarding challenges individuals face with living with dementia. She was her mother's full time caregiver when she was in the later stages of dementia, with hands on experience, her passion to continue her work and serving this population letter to join the staff at the Alzheimer's Association. Welcome Jackie Williams. Let me start by thanking you for your hard work with the Alzheimer's Association. My father struggled with Alzheimer's dementia and ultimately lost his life as a consequence, and my mom was his primary caregiver and oh my god, you know as well as anybody it takes a huge toll on the family and most notably the primary caregiver. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 16: Oh thank you, Brian.
Speaker 20: I appreciate you inviting us to be here today, and I'm so sorry to hear about your journey with the disease. And you're absolutely correct. The toll on caregivers is tremendous, and we work every day out in communities just making sure we provide programs and resources and services to help families and caregivers through that journey.
Speaker 11: It is a long haul.
Speaker 20: Oftentimes as you are you.
Speaker 1: Witness, yes, a quite a long haul. And it's just heart heartbreaking too. You know, my father was is the sharpest knife in the drawer, always quick witted, always on his face. You could you can never outwit my dad. And to have him struggle with and deteriorate and ultimately pass as a consequence of this was just sort of like, you know, throwing a salt on the wound. And I note the numbers. I've been looking at the numbers that, yeah, I have in front of me, six point seven million Americans and to county or twenty twenty three, one in nine aged sixty five or order are living with Alzheimer's. These numbers just keep going up. Is there any do we know anything about where it comes from or why the numbers increase every year.
Speaker 20: So what aging is definitely the number one risk factor and so as our population and this baby boom generation is aging and it's such a huge piece of our population. Yes, the numbers are increasing, but the good news is we have been making incredible strides in research that are allowing us to find treatments to help slow down that progression. We still do not have a cure, We still do not have a prevention, but every day those research projects are getting us closer and closer to getting us to what our mission is, a world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia. So, as an association, while we are Alzheimer's Association, we do care and support individuals who have a form of dementia that may not be Alzheimer's.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Tonight's Empower You Suminar and it begins at seven pm. It's either virtual or live. You can go to two twenty five North On Boulevard to participate in person. You can log in from the comfort of your own home. Just go to empower You America dot org. Please register ahead of time now. The name of the seminar is ten Warning Signs of Alzheimer's. What is the the Is there a first leading indicator that might be a red flag that people might want to start paying attention to, or is it just vary from person to person.
Speaker 20: It definitely can vary from person to person, most definitely, and it's a lot of it is based on what form of dementia they may have and what kind of signs they may start demonstrating. And so one of the things that is always I think a bit confusing and troubling for a lot of people. You know, how many times is we're getting older, we start forgetting somebody's name or trying to figure out, like what was that? And oftentimes I'll hear people, just probably jokingly but maybe not say, oh boy, I must be getting to Alzheimer's or I must be getting dementia. Yeah, And that may not necessarily be the case. It could be a tribute to something else. You know, stress can manifest in terms of like all of a sudden, you know, your cognitive abilities in your thinking process might be hindered by stress. So it may be that or it just may be normal aging. And there is a difference between the things that we experience as normal aging and what could be what i'll call crossing the line and not necessarily normal aging that we would encourage individuals to go and get checked and make sure that they're working with their physicians to just evaluate and monitor and try to get any type of an early diagnosis, because that's where the most successes in finding treatment and being able to have a more impactful journey through this disease.
Speaker 1: Now, in terms of getting a diagnosis, okay, you're talking about tonight the ten warning signs of all Timer's. Let's say someone has enough of these indicators are like, okay, well, I really should schedule an appointment. How is Alzheimer's diagnosed? Where yes, this is early onset of Alzheimer's, or no, it's just just didn't remember the person's name.
Speaker 11: Right, right. Yeah.
Speaker 20: So you know, there's a variety of different ways that we go through and try and get individuals diagnosed. The first one, actually, in my opinion, starts with the family or those close by the individual and start taking notice and really making sure that the individual is aware that some of these things are happening with them. Oftentimes, there's a lot of denial. There's like, oh, no, I'm just getting old. I don't I don't need anything. I don't I don't need to address that, And so oftentimes tracking and recognizing and encouraging somebody to go and get further assessment. And if you're lucky enough like I was to be able to attend those doctor's appointments, my mom, I kept a lot of notes in terms of like, here are the changes I'm seeing, and when it's happening, and why it might be happening and whatnot, and that helps the physicians know that, yep, this is a little bit more than what normal aging might be.
Speaker 11: There is a lot of.
Speaker 20: Testing that happens, and I will tell you right now a lot of it will be physicians trying to rule out other things that it could be that might be causing this cognitive impairment or decline, because there's a lot of things that could have an impact on that, and so finding out what it may not be kind of helps lead to Okay, do we take that next step, which is potentially MRIs pet scans and spinal taps. The spinal tap fluid can be an indicator of whether or not you have Alzheimer's. But the great news is we are getting really close in our research to a point where we might find a day and we're really close to it where you can get the diagnosis through a biomarker blood test, and being able to do that makes it so much more available to individuals who might have cost prohibitations to really paying for some of those tests, right, but also in some of our rural areas where they don't have access to some of those things, and making sure that we're getting them diagnosed as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, and real quickly here because we're out of time, and I acknowledge that, so my producer knows. I am paying attention to the clock. But once diagnosed, is there a treatment protocol? I mean, we don't have a cure for it yet, So are there exercises or brain challenges or things that we can do to slow down the progression or is it just okay, you got the information, prepare yourself for the worst.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 16: There's a couple of things.
Speaker 20: One is definitely we have a whole series on healthy living for your brain and body, and there's things that we can do, even as healthy, non diagon nosed individuals can do to try and start warding off maybe the onset of dementia. But here more recently, we actually have a couple of treatments that are actually slowing down the progression of the disease, and they are very new, like here within the last couple of years. So we are working with the public health policies and hospitals and insurance companies to make sure that we are allowing good, ample accessibility to those treatments and making sure that we can get those individuals in the loop and being treated.
Speaker 1: Wonderful, wonderful log in tonight or sure with two twenty five North and Bold of Our Jackie William's going to do a deep dive into the balance of these maybe even give you some hope for down the road. Jackie Williams, it's been a real pleasure having you on the program. Fascinating discussion and fingers crossed and money coming your way from folks and my listening audience want to help try to solve this this insidious disease. Log In empower you America to show up at the Empire You Studios. Thank you for what you do. Jackie. It's been a real pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 20: We appreciate it so much.
Speaker 1: Anytime anytime folks get in touch with cover sincey recos. Matter of fact, I was having lunch yesterday with some wonderful, wonderful folks small business owners they are, and I personally recommended that they get in touch with COVER SINCEY. So I talked to my buddy Jeff, who's got a small business and Cover. Since he with his number of employees, I think he's gonna be like fifteen or twenty, I don't know. Saved has improved his business as bottom line by fifty thousand dollars. Will also getting he and his employees much better medical coverage. Work with Cover SINCEY, and it doesn't cost you a dime. Just get in touch with them and have them take a look at your situation. Whether you're an individual looking for your own insurance because you don't have any, you're in a group plan you don't like, it's too expensive, too much out of pocket responsibility, or you're a small business owner and you're looking for a better way for your employees. If you can get them great medical coverage with dollar one coverage and you know frack to what had cost someplace else, you're going to retain those employees. So get in touch with COVER. Since he asked the question, all it takes is a few moments of your time to get the ball started. And again there's no obligation to you. It's five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five online, fill the format to get the ball, roll and cover Sincy dot Com. Fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 8: What's up, everybody, It's Peter Schreeger.
Speaker 1: We're back for the season with Peter Schreeger. In each episode, I'm going to take you inside and hear about it.
Speaker 13: Understand the ignorant chick on the campuses talk about it.
Speaker 3: They're just getting away with all this rather than know in fact.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC ATO six fifty five kr CD Talk Station Happy Thursday Extra Special. Happy Thursday. Didn't get him yesterday in advanced to Judge Jenneta Paulitano, but we get him today. Congressman Massey, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. It's always a pleasure to have you on my program. Great to be back on Brian. How are you feeling post election, Congressman, Oh.
Speaker 8: It's so great up here. The liberals are just deflated.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I walked out of our conference where we're voting for Speaker and Majority Leader and whip and everything down to executive vice deputy prom queen.
Speaker 8: I call it it's like prom court for the GOP.
Speaker 6: Anyways, I walked out of that meeting and I was the only Republican who wasn't in the meeting. So I got swarmed by the media and I'm trying to go up the escalator and escape them, and they keep pelting me with what about Matt Gates?
Speaker 8: What about that? Can he be confirmed?
Speaker 6: And I just kind of turned around and smiled and I said, Hey, you can do recess appointments and they were like, but what, And I looked at him.
Speaker 8: I said, suck it up. He's your AG.
Speaker 6: And they caught it on video. So now I'm in a little bit of trouble telling reporters to suck it up. But if you could have seen the looks on their faces when I said recess appointments, and they went from shock to tear when I said suck it up.
Speaker 1: So you're okay with with Gates and some listeners bad ideas. Some listeners say it's a great idea. He can't please all the people all the time, that's one thing I know. And you don't throw out the good for the sake of trying to find the perfect because that person doesn't exist. But overall you're comfortable with it.
Speaker 6: Oh well, listen, I've got disagreements with Matt Gates. He should have never pulled the trigger on Kevin McCarthy because he ended up with Mike Johnson, who was not.
Speaker 8: Doing the job that Kevin did. And so you know, but Matt and I we talk, we're friends.
Speaker 6: We've had that discussion, but we also serve together on the Judiciary Committee. And we get Merrick Garland who comes in there, and may Orcus comes in there, and the ATF director comes in there, FBI director Christopher Ray, and they all give us these well, sir, that's the subject of an ongoing investigation, and it's our long standing policy.
Speaker 8: Not the comment.
Speaker 6: But Matt just he's been tearing them up for years. He and I've been passing the ball back and forth. If I get five minutes and I only need three of it, I give two to Matt. And I told Matt, I can't wait till he comes to Judiciary as the age and I get to pelt him with questions.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you know you obviously sound uplifted bubbly. Obviously you're enjoying the schadenfreude the Democrats are allowing you, so I am as well. I'll have to admit now. The other day I saw it was posted somewhere on the Internet, some place out there, Secretary of Agriculture Thomas Massey, and I echoed that on my Facebook page, and some people said, no, no, no, no no. If he was Secretary of Agriculture, then we'd lose him in Congress. We can't afford to lose anybody, so not as sure how a replacement will be put in for you if that were to happen. But I thought to myself this morning, even said it on the program, Well, Thomas Massey's the kind of guy that if he was Secretary of agric Culture, he would do everything in his power to whittle away the Agriculture Department of virtually nothing and maybe even eliminate it, so he would be out a job. He's the kind of person that would do that. What's your reaction to the concept of being agricultural secretary of What would you do if you were in that role, either really or under a hypothetical scenario.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, my approach would not be to do what you just said.
Speaker 6: I think there's some important things that the USDA does, and you know, we've got big ag and.
Speaker 8: Then we've got small farmers.
Speaker 6: We've got the corporate you know, industrial meat complex where you've got four meat processors touching eighty five percent of the meat in the United States, and then you get the small farmers trying to sell directly to consumers. My approach would not be to do anything that would hurt our agriculture industry. And I think there are things that we could do to strengthen our agriculture industry, and that includes big companies, but we need to create a parallel path for small farmers and for consumers because these these are part of the coalition that helped Trump get elected, particularly in Pennsylvania where you know you had Amos Miller being prosecuted for trying to sell raw milk and meat to directly. Well, the problem is we don't have that alternate path right now in the agriculture sector. And you know, the USDA is has been captive to the big corporations and somebody needs to be there to create this parallel path for healthy food that's not you know, grown the way everything else has grown. We need a way to get food that's not you know, ultra ultra processed, and that that would be my approach to it. Create this off ramp, this parallel path for those folks, and make sure that we are still the strongest agricultural producer in the world.
Speaker 1: Well we have.
Speaker 6: We have, for instance, four times the arable land that China has. Our land mass is about the same North America, but we've got four times the arable land that they have and one quarter of the population they have. So our race of arable land to people is sixteen times greater than China, and we need to take advantage.
Speaker 8: Of that resource.
Speaker 6: Another thing, Brian, you know people are upset that are, and rightfully so, that our farmland is being sold to China, or that our farm land's getting covered with solar panels. By the way, I love solar panels, nothing against them, but it's just stupid to cover up your farmland with solar panels.
Speaker 8: And the question is not how do you get the toothpaste back in the tube?
Speaker 6: Like there's some people say, well, we should pass laws to prevent China or corporations from buying up all this farmland. We should pass laws to keep the solar panels out of the fields. The reality is that's trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube. What we need is an economic model for farmers who own this land that's better than selling their land to China or for solar panels.
Speaker 8: They need to be profitable.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 6: That's because having trying to buy our land or having solar panels go in it, that's a symptom of a problem. That's not the problem. The problem is there's not a profitable model for small farming in the United States anymore.
Speaker 8: It's too hard to achieve.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also a symptom and one of the reasons farming has gotten more expensive, like global warming or temperature change or whatever, which reduces the amount of available fertilizer, because they won't allow us to tap into our petrochemical the oil and the natural gas and things that are necessary to make fertilizer. That's the reason they would make a field of solar panels. I mean, I am just beyond myself with relation to this religion, this pseudo religion, that is, we are exhaling our way to devastation. I don't buy it, and I view it as a mechanism to simply liberate money from the very wealthy countries of the world and offload that via the claims of climate alarmism to third world countries who haven't really, you know, passed the test of economic mustard.
Speaker 6: This this is a scientific fact. People can argue about this, but they're just ignorant. If they do, you get more cropy old prayer acre as. The concentration of CO two, which is a very small trace gas in the atmosphere, goes up plant food. It is plant food, it is plant fertilized. When everybody knows that plants take CO two and they make oxygen or transform it into oxygen. The question, and there's water involved there too. The question is what happened to the carbon? Right, you've got a carbon dioxide molecule. It doesn't just turn into an oxygen molecule. The carbon goes somewhere. Where does it go through? Yeah, it's it's the gluclose that becomes other forms of sugar and carbohydrates. They're called carbohydrates for a reason. Right, there's water and carbon involved. And people forget that all of the carbon that you end up eating it came originated, not in the ground, but.
Speaker 8: From the air.
Speaker 1: It's I remember learning that when I was in I was like K through twelve verblack a school.
Speaker 6: The eighth grade, I think, is the last time they show you that chemical equation where water plus CO two becomes oxygen and glucose, and everybody just remembers that on one side is carbon dioxide and on the other is oxygen. They forget that there's water on the left side of that equation and glucose on the right side of the equation, and sunlight is what helps put the energy in to transform that.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, that's why we have you here on the Morning show to help back up my point. Would I make almost every day anymore on that subject matter Congress from Massy and hopefully this administration will open itself up to some more greater scientific reality.
Speaker 6: So, but by the way, I haven't been chosen. There's a rumor on the internet that I've been chosen. I've not been chosen. There are people advocating on the inside for me to have that position, But I have not been chosen by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 1: But you would consider it, oh, I would absolutely consider it. Embrace it. It sounds like there's so much.
Speaker 6: That's going on at the USDA for which there is no congressional mandate. There's no congressional authorization. And this if you go into any branch of the administration, you will see this. They're promulgating rules and as you said, some of them are make it most of that make it harder for small farms to exist. But they're promulgating these rules, whereas Congress never told them to do that.
Speaker 8: For instance, electronic ID for cattle.
Speaker 6: Congress never passed the law asking the USDA to require that all cattle and bison in the United States get an electronic tag in their ear.
Speaker 8: Yet the USDA is promulgating that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm just laughing at the idiot who came up with that idea and what the purpose of it. As let's pause, we'll bring you back in comment further on that. We obviously got a lot more to talk about. Congressman Thomas Massey on the fifty five Carty Morning Show. First though, twenty two three, Firearm Store and Range got a Mantis demo day coming up this Saturday. Now, this demo takes place between ten am and two pm. You can check it out yourself the Mantis Live or dry fire training system. This system helps you dramatically improve your accuracy with pistols, rifles, and even shotguns by giving you trackable data, suggestions for improvement, and creative and challenging drills. It's a multifaceted system and it's a great idea. So it's a heck a great gift idea for the shooter in your world or for someone who's just starting out wants to be able to train at home again. You can do it live or dry fire, So stop by twenty two to three for a free Mantis demo day Saturday between ten am and two pm. You can find them online at twenty two three the number twenty two fillowed by the word three spelled up. Please tell them. Brian said, Hi, you stop in greatest gun shop and firing range indoor firing range around twenty two to three on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC is the cost of health insurance making you sick real quick.
Speaker 1: If we leave the topic of agriculture, and yes, you would take the role as agriculture secretary if it's offered to you. So let's get him in that role. One thing I want to know, and again it springs from this climate religion. Can we stop burning corn and our gasoline tanks?
Speaker 6: Congress amassing It definitely raises the price of food in the supermarket, but the farmers like it because it also raises the price of corn that they get.
Speaker 8: I'm sure there's something we could do that would make more sense.
Speaker 1: Feel like not doing that?
Speaker 6: Well, And you know, here's what I would like to do, Like to talk to Elon and Vivek over at their Department of Government Efficiency that's been set up by the way I've been I've been talking to Viveke. In fact, the other day I said, I tweeted this, Look, Congress takes over on January third, and you'll have a new majority in the Senate on January third, for instance. But the president's not sworn in until January twentieth. We've got seventeen days. We should put at least a dozen bills on Trump's desk that are ready to sign when he sits down.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 6: I know he's got a list of things to do by executive order and executive orders to resind. But to make this stuff stick, you need legislation. Yes, so I and so Viveik asked me, well, what's what's some of those bills? And I said, well, the first one I would put on his desk is one that's passed the House multiple times. It's been debated, it's been amended, it's been perfected. The Rains Act.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right.
Speaker 6: If anything's got more than one hundred million dollars of economic impact and it's a rule that's being promulgated by an administrative branch, say for instance, the USDA, then it needs to come back to Congress.
Speaker 8: For a vote.
Speaker 6: That's just common sense, brilliant. We've already amended and debated and written that bill. That thing is now we'd have to pass it again between January third and January twentieth and send it to the Senate and they would have to pass it. But why couldn't we get that passed and get it on President Trump's desk and then we're ready to go on day one and make it law. It's something that would then be in law, and it would be forever until, for instance, the Democrats got control of both chambers and the Presidency in order to reverse it.
Speaker 1: If they could try, if they could try, if they dare to do that politically it maybe they're undoing. Now back to the Department of Government Efficiency, which I love the idea. How you could put elon musk and Viva grammar swimming in a room and just stick the word doge on the wall and that would be a department. They don't have to be funded. Jusephpolotonic got a little bent out of shape yesterday over the idea of having a new department that isn't authorized by the Constitution. I said, well, you don't need to make it apartment. These have two guys with a pair of scissors just starting to cut the fat out of it. But it's an unlimited amount of fat they can cut out. Do you think it will be effective? Do you think they can actually get something accomplished by what way of pairing down the size and scope of government?
Speaker 6: Well, but eventually that has to be enacted either through an Act of Congress or through an executive act, because the Office of Government Efficiency won't be an official office per like these other offices, and so somebody will have to implement it. So it's going to be a list of recommendations. By the way, back on the ethanol thing, there's a certain amount of ethanol. That makes sense because you can change the octane rating of gasoline. But the problem with where we are right now in ethanol policy is when you push it to be over a certain amount, it becomes economically inefficient. So that's something to.
Speaker 1: Look at, but it's unnecessary. If you ignore this religion, then it wouldn't have happened in the first place. My problem is the genesis of the idea of burning food in the gas tank comes from the whole concept of global warming or something.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 6: What I found interesting is when gasoline got high, it is Biden's policy to allow more ethanol to be put in the gasoline in California, where it causes a small problem. Yeah, and he said, well, you know what, We'll let you have a little bit of smog from the increased ethanol if it will lower gasoline prices in California. So it's funny they cling to these things until it becomes apparent to the public what's causing the increase in price, and then they go to the other direction.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess everyone's running around in advance of the elections screaming about this project twenty twenty five as if it was something that was part of the Republican Party strategy. No, it was recommendations from an entity and a group of people outside of government. They got the whole thing together. It's a think tank paper. Here's every wish list we've got going back to the Department of Government Efficiency. I don't know why would have to be funded or anything other than a couple of guys going through the books and writing down all the stuff that is fraud, waste and abuse and handing it over to you, Congressman Massey, to just put it into legislation and start cutting.
Speaker 8: I got to tell you, Congress.
Speaker 6: Came up with this thing inside of the Patent Office that invalidates patents. Now here's the funny thing. The Patent Office, in the same branch of government. They issue patents, and then they have this kangaroo court that invalidates patents after they've issued them.
Speaker 8: So they're literally.
Speaker 6: Creating patents and destroying them in the same agency. It's a self licking ice cream cone. And the and the part of the Patent Office that destroys the patents. It's a it's a court room, but we already have courts to settle these matters. So they created another judicial branch inside of the patent office to kill patents. It's a it's one example of how government is basically, you know, making windows and then breaking the windows, and we need to find things like that and and eliminate them.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree more. There's one right there. Just putting in a piece of legislation and eliminate it. It's done. It doesn't require a new department to do that. It requires someone with a pen and ability to creatively write legislation pursuing to the rules of legislative drafting. See law school for that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've got we've got a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 6: By the way, Briant, this pent up that we've passed the House, or it's passed our Judiciary committee, like giving a right of action for people to sue government agents that infringe on their First Amendment.
Speaker 8: Like, that's another bill we should send right over to the Senate.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be great, no more standing arguments, you would have standing wonderful. I'm getting excited about the future here. Congress Fman Massey, you're always walcome on the morning show to push these ideas forward, and you always get my listening audience to back you up on them. Appreciate what you're doing, enjoy the sunshine and the shot and Freuda while it lasts, and get ready to hit the ground running because we need a lot getting done between now and the end of January.
Speaker 8: All right, brother, good talking to you.
Speaker 1: Always a plague.
Speaker 8: Get it done.
Speaker 1: I know you will come up at eight twenty eight fifty five cares the talk station. It is Thursday, so we're gonna hear from my heart media aviation expert Jay Rattliffe. After I mentioned my friends at Fast and Pro Roofing, I had lunch with both Ray and a Mandy yesterday. Wonderful lunch with the owners of Fast and Pro Roofing. Those people are absolutely salt of the earth, taking great care of you always, always, always, and I thank them for that because I've had so many satisfied listeners. You know, they really do wonderful work and they do price is always right. This customer service could not possibly be better. So many stories for my listeners about what Fast and Pro has done for folks, getting them out of emergencies, making sure they're taking well care of before you know, like, for example, the roof replacement might have to be scheduled down the road a little bit, but they're not going to leave you when a jam with a leaky roof or something. No, but it all starts with a free roof inspection. Do you need a new roof? Don't know. I never knew. I held my apparently had hail damage for some time before someone finally discovered it and called up fast and Pro roofing, and sure enough, your roof is shot. So I got the fifty years shingle. I got a really good fifty years shingle two. It kind of looks like a slate roof, but you're gonna be automatically upgraded to the certainty landmark pro fifty years shingle. If you're going with a new shingle roof, maybe you might want to choose to go with metal. They do beautiful metal roofs. They also do stucco work and they do adobe work. Exterior projects. I don't emphasize those enough, but a lot of exterior projects like railings and of course sightings, gutters, gutter guards get your gutters cleaned out. They'll do that for you. You might want to consider having a man gutter guards while they're there, and of course that'll help avoid an ice dam. Situation in the winner which during the winter they can help you out with that too, free free roof inspection and honest, you're never gonna get lied to. They will never lie to you. Ray Amanda are truly awesome people in a huge long standing crew that have worked for them for years and years a plus. With the Better Business Bureau online, it's fastened fast and fastenpro roofing dot com. The number five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. That's seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five.
Speaker 21: KRC Channa nine says it's going to be an overcast day to day if you light showers fifty six for the high overcast tonight, forty six for the low tomorrow overcast, fifty seven for the high cloudy overnight tomorrow night, forty four for the low come Saturday, partly sunny anahire fifty nine fifty three.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's hear about traffick chuck ingram.
Speaker 7: From the UCM Trafficking Center in the University of Saint Samanni Cancer Center. It's home to nationally reconnize pancratic cancer experts who offer personalized care plans and new treatments through innovative clinical trials called five one three five eighty five u SE see see SAP Pound seventy five continues to be a slow go through the Blackman split down to the lateral West found on the lateral there's an accident near Paddock that's backing if it close to Montgomery Road. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey, thirty three fifty ve KRCD talk station. Kick it off a little bit late, using up the valuable time we have once week with I heart mediaviation. Next for Jay Rattle of time I very much look forward to and the welcome back. Jay. Always a pleasure to have you on the show.
Speaker 18: I'm never a problem. I'll be happy to wait until the dust settles.
Speaker 1: My friend, No problem Thomas Massey. You know, if I'm gonna yield any time to anybody, it's gonna be because Thomas Massey's on the.
Speaker 4: No problem here.
Speaker 1: I figured you felt the same way. All right, let's get one under the belt and out of the way before we take a break. Passengers being rude. This happens more and more often every single day, not just on airplanes.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean, it's it's the passengers behaving badly theme. I think that's continuing here, Brian. It's the latest viral photo of a woman traveling in first class.
Speaker 5: She's got her feet firmly.
Speaker 18: Planted on the wall in front of her, thank you, and she's got her electronic device plugged into the u USB port behind her in row two. She is apparently stealing power from the past and your behind her. And look, I'm not sure if this entitled person had permission or not from the person behind her, or if she just took it anyway, But I mean, the picture of the deed has gone viral with more than a few unkind comments, and I'm thinking, Okay, I wake up from an app and I see the person in front of me as reached behind and stuck their power thing in my.
Speaker 4: Seat.
Speaker 5: What would I do? Plug it? Would I try to cut it? I don't know.
Speaker 18: I want there to be some serious consequences for infringing. And I'm not suggesting what people do, but I would not take kindly to it. And you know, some people, if you comment on them, they don't care. I mean, they'll just go about it and it doesn't really seem to phase them, which is why I really think you need consequences for this kind of behavior.
Speaker 1: Well, I think just simply unplugging it. But I would also have and my own USB plug to plug into it, just so I can say, hey, I needed it, it's mine, it's my seat, you know, in case they got out of hand or root or something like that. But I think it's since it's in your space and it's allocated for your personal use, just going ahead and unplugging it and seeing what happens is aokay. As a response, Well.
Speaker 18: When you plug it, could you accidentally give it like three big yanks or something, just to knock something out of her hands.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He sounds to me like you want to take it to the next level.
Speaker 19: Jay.
Speaker 18: I'm trying to be our next aviation story, obviously, but I'm just tired of people that, you know, reach over when they're in the aisle seat and slam down the window shade in front of the person that's sitting in the window seat. Yeah, or people that just infringe on other people's space. And you know, it's one thing to kindly ask and that's fine, but it's another thing just to take it on your own to do it like you're entitled to the whole row, or not only your row, but the one in front of you, behind you.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's me just just not acceptable. And you know this had been a stage photo. I don't know, because a lot.
Speaker 18: Of times we see things on airplanes that I wouldn't believe had I not been there to see.
Speaker 1: Valid point. Always be jaded and senecal when it comes to things on the internet. That's what Abraham Lincoln's advice always was. Don't go away more with I heard be the aviation Expert Jay Rattlife. We'll be right back after these brief words tax Prepper about carcit talk station Jay Ratliffe, has I heard me the aviation expert every Thursday year on the fifty five CARSCA Morning should beginning a thirty for a few segments. Moving over to San Francisco, duking it out with Oakland. What's the story on this one?
Speaker 18: You and I talked about this briefly back in May when the Oakland Airport officials were trying to find a way to get more people to fly into their airport, and they thought, you know, maybe people don't realize how close we are to San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 18: So what they decided to do was change the name of the airport to San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport. So they just took their same name of Oakland International Airport slapped San Francisco Bay on the front. I thought this would cause more people to recognize they're part of the San Francisco Bay area and more people would fly there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an accurate description too.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 18: However, is the San Francisco Airport trademark I don't know. Apparently there is some issue there because the San Francisco Airport started pushing back, but not before a lot of confusion by passengers who were heading to San Francisco saw the name San Francisco Bay kind of skip the Oakland International Airport and they're landing at the wrong airport.
Speaker 5: They get off the plane and fight, we're twenty.
Speaker 18: Three miles from where we're supposed to be going, or twenty three miles from my connecting flight.
Speaker 5: Not a good thing.
Speaker 19: A lot of.
Speaker 18: Confusion was being created, and finally a judge has stepped in and said, look, for now, we're going to Oakland is not to be using the name San Francisco Airport in their name now whether or not this temporary thing is going to hold or not, I don't know, because I mean, it's the San Francisco Bay Oakland International Airport, So we'll see where it goes. Because I don't see that as an infringement issue. No, no, no, Well, just talking about the area that we're located in. But Bran, the good news is Oakland is getting more passengers. The bad news is some of them weren't going there.
Speaker 5: In the first place.
Speaker 1: That's really funny, but it is.
Speaker 5: We'll see where it goes.
Speaker 1: San Francisco the city, there's San Francisco the Bay right, yep, and there's Oakland, which sits on San Francisco Bay right.
Speaker 18: So a nice alternative airport if you don't want to mess with the larger San Francisco Airport.
Speaker 5: And a lot of suggestion there.
Speaker 1: All I can say is, you know, I don't know a problem with Oakland doing it simply because it's an accurate name.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: It's they're they're totally accurate.
Speaker 18: The problem is a lot of people that are flying to San Francisco see San Francisco Bay and they're thinking, okayur absolutely.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, I take some responsibility for your own conduct. I'm sorry, I'm gonna I'm going with.
Speaker 18: Oak on that one one vote on the side of Oakland.
Speaker 1: There you go, call it whatever the hell they want. All right, let's see here, Spirit Air. I saw this article and I kind of figured you bring it up, wow aka fire or something.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 18: A routine flight, I mean, you know, Frontier or excuse me, Fort Lauderdale flying into Port of Prince Haiti like they do every day, and the plane drops its landing gearts on final approach when all of a sudden gunfire rops and they have to take evasive action. They fly out of the Haitian airspace over the Dominican Republican land and the pictures of the overhead storage compartment with bullet holes going through them, significant size, quite telling, quite horrific. But the issue here is, you know, we have probably four or five flights today that were going into Haiti on a daily basis, with Jeff Blue and Spirit and others. But Brian back in early September, the State Department on their very useful website, and I'm being totally sincere here, they have travel advisories to places around the world, and when it came to Haiti, they were recommending not to travel there because Americans were seeing an increased number of assaults, robberies, kidnapping for ransom, and they added this little bit at the end the airport could be a focal point for armed activity. Yeah, now this is early September, so now the airline's anywhere? Well it is, And you know, Sherry flew down there after the earthquake and helped with you know a lot of some things with the kids and different things for a week, and I was worried when she went. But you know, since then, it's only gotten worse. And you know, now you have a situation where a flight attendant was slightly injured. I don't know if it was by the gunfire or the evasive action. But you're also thinking, okay, how many people are going to sue Spirit Airlines because it's obvious that the State Department said not a good idea to go there, you decided to go there anyways, the you know, the the ad is in early September from the US government said armed focal point. You know, armed activity? Is that going to be something you know people can sue over the day of the week. So I suspect that this is going to be interesting for Spirit, who's having a rough week anyways, because they're about to file for bankruptcy and their stock has dropped like sixty percent this week. Yeah, please don't buy it, by the way, And it's going to be interesting to see how things go. Now the FAA has stepped in and said no US carriers flying two Haiti for the next thirty days, as we kind of see if any of this is going to calm down, and I suspect it won't. And another good discussion on this front is how many times have you and I talked about the people that say they want a totally automated flight deck. Tell me what that computer would do if it's getting shot at. I don't know if that would be part of the programmed response or not. And knowing a lot of these men and women in the cockpit are former military, some of which you have been shot at before. Yeah, that's the experience I won on the flight deck. If we encountered this kind of situation flying anywhere.
Speaker 1: In the world, well, I have to tell you, but I mean the State Department did not outright ban They just recommended that people not go to Haiti. So again cave on Mt. You got on a plane to Haiti when the State Department warned you ahead of time there could be armed activity, it's your issue. As for Spirit, they have no obligation to anticipate criminal activity. How in the hell would they know that their plane's going to get shot at.
Speaker 5: The US carrier.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I would say they're free liability for that. So once the State Department banned you outright from flying, if they fly down there, then liability might crop up because they're, well, they're violating the rules in the FA regulations at the outset. So yeah, I don't think. I don't think they're going to have any issues with lawsuits, or if they do, they will be promptly dismissed. That's my legal judgment on that.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 18: I always lean on you for that, and I look forward to your interpretation of a lot of these things because I'm curious, you know, exactly how exposed an airline would be on this, and you know, we've got people in other parts of the state that listen to us, and some have reservations on Spirit Airlines moving forward, And I mentioned that they're preparing to file for Chapter eleven bankruptcy.
Speaker 5: If you have reservations on Spirit. Don't worry.
Speaker 18: The airline under Chapter eleven is just going to go through a process that many US carriers have gone through, including United American and others. So from our side of the counter, you won't notice much different. You will see them change some of their routes, and they'll they'll do some different things, but they're going to continue to operate under the court approved and I guess supervised Chapter eleven process. So don't let that prevent you from making future reservations or being overly worried about upcoming reservations, because they will continue businesses as normal as they can. What really sent them off the edge this week, Brian, was they were having problem raising money and they went back to Frontier to see if maybe they could rekindle those merger talks. Remember it was the two of them a couple of years ago that we're going to get together. I really liked Frontier Spirit merging, and Jet Blue kind of pushed in as the new suitor offering more money, and Frontier was kind of shoved to the side like a jilted lover, so to speak.
Speaker 5: While Jet Blue.
Speaker 18: Isn't approved for the merger, and Spirit goes back to Frontier, and Frontier says no, thank you.
Speaker 5: And that's one of the reasons.
Speaker 18: Spirit is seeing the issues that they've been having this week announcing they're very close to filing for Chapter eleven.
Speaker 1: Well, and I see Southwest Airlines also having a problem. They were addressing their overstaffing issues, which is I guess is a sign of trouble.
Speaker 18: I guess they've never laid a single person off ever in the history of that airline, and when we came into the pandemics, that thought was, oh, that streak is over. And back then they offered the opportunity for voluntary separations. It was an early retirement package for some of their senior employees, and Brian, they had nineteen percent of their workforce, that is an unbelievable number, stepped forward and said, look, we've had a great career here. I'm going to take an early retirement so the people behind me can enjoy what I had. So even through the pandemic, they had never laid a single person off. Now they're a point where the Boeing aircraft delays have really impacted them, and they've seen the service at certain airports shrink just a bit. I think Cleveland's being impacted by this as well, a lot in Atlanta and a bunch of other airports. Nothing at Cincinnati right now, and they're being forced to offer these early retirement packages, the voluntary separations to people to see if enough people will take advantage of it, ending their work the end of next month, December thirty first, so they won't have to lay anyone off. If they don't get enough people stepping forward, well, then Southwest is going to be forced to do what most other airlines have and the first time in their history as far as actually laying off some of their employees. And this is just a sign of the Boeing situation. A plus, Southwest has been slow to adapt as far as offering the premium seats and now the assigned seats and the idea of baby charging for check bags. They're going to have to do all of these things moving forward. So they're a little slow in responding, but at least they're pointed in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Well, in the right direction. Is there the weekend? Better than nothing? All right?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 18: Slower, Look, if there's anybody that can pull this stuff off, I'm convinced at Southwest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 4: On that.
Speaker 5: I've proven it too many times before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've sung the praises many times over the years. All right, as we always then hub delays. How's it looking up there for air travel today?
Speaker 18: It's a lot of rain. I mean, obviously a lot of rain. We've had issues in Atlanta, Charlotte's, Detroit. Those is gonna be the three airports hammered the most. Some of those delays already an hour. It's kind of moving towards the northeast. Might give us some headaches there late this evening, but right now, those are the airports that are fighting delays. And you know, anything west of us looks great. The problem is that weather that we have, and it's moving towards the east and causing a lot of travel disruptions.
Speaker 1: Hey e j Riler's advice tune and every Thursday at eight thirty for more of the same. Jay rayl If, it's always a real pleasure to have you on the show, my friend. I look forward to next Thursday and between now and then. As always, best of health to you and your better half.
Speaker 5: Appreciate Brian, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Cold eight fifty two to fifty five k CD talk station Okuette for de Claremont County,