Speaker 1: Well, my first guest as I come back, so happy to be back, and my first guest is Eric Peters, somebody I really respect, who really gets it, who's been on the side of liberty and freedom for a very long time, and he's been on my side as well. Really to appreciate his offers of help when I was in the hospital. It's great to have you on, Eric, Thank you for coming.
Speaker 2: It's a privilesion and honor, and I'm so happy to see you back in a settle.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you, and thank you for your offers even to give blood. As I said yesterday, let's talk a little bit about what is happening right now. I was looking at your diaper report and I was thinking, you know, it's interesting here we are five years later and you started the diaper report making fun of the people who are wearing, you know, the diapers on their faces. And yet as you point out, that is still going on. You know what's happening. We've got Trump back. Oh wait a minute, he was the one who was there when they did the diaper stuff, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I think because it never really got curate, did it.
Speaker 1: That's right now?
Speaker 2: The report focused on what's going on in Honduras. Apparently the Honduran health Minister has reinstated mandatory mask wearing in pretty much all public areas again. And I just thought to myself, oh my gosh, it's kind of early, but I need a drink. Here we go again. And then I thought, well, okay, maybe it's just Honduras, but you know, it really isn't. Every time I go somewhere, whether it's Low's or the supermarket or any place here in the United States, at least in my part of Virginia, it's ninety nine point nine percent certain that I'm going to see at least one person still wearing a mask. Oh yeah, And that's an indication of just how effective they were in pathologizing in ptsding people. And I guess, you know, the underlying point that I wanted to make in that article is that all that's happened is that this psychosis has sort of waned a little bit. It hasn't gone away. It's certainly hasn't been cured, I don't think. And it hasn't been cured because it hasn't been forcefully repudiated. We haven't had any kind of official announcement by the authorities. Hey, we aired this was wrong and foolish and we shouldn't have done this.
Speaker 1: It'll never admit to that, will they.
Speaker 2: I'll never admit to that.
Speaker 1: We'll make two mistakes rather than never admit to one. You know, when I was in the hospital, they had to sign up saying you need to wear a mask. And what I looked at it, It's like if you've been around anybody exposed to measles, you know that's the new thing. Isn't it interesting how we were We had all this press hype about oh, we got an epidemic in Texas and blah blah blah. They misattributed to death there to measles, and and they're telling everybody it's the most contagious disease ever. Well, the peers have just died off, even according to their narrative, if you believe them, it just just disappeared to don't hear anything more about it. But they do have the signs up at a hospital in Tennessee. Because I had a couple of measle cases in Texas. I mean, that is absolutely nothing, but which he Yeah.
Speaker 2: We're still expected as a society to pretend that there's nothing abnormal about people walking around wearing these masks, you know, And I'm not trying to be mean. I understand that the people who are wearing the masks genuinely probably believe that they are effective, you know, and they're great, and they think that if I do this, I'm not going to catch a sickness. So I don't intend to disparage those people. The point is they do still believe, and the point is we are expected to go along with that belief. And it's an adharant belief. You know, if you had somebody in your family, remember the old Bugs Money cartoon where the crazy guy thinks he's Napoleon, you know, and he addresses up like Napoleon and where's the hat and he demands to be called emperor. Now, if you had somebody in your family who started wearing Napoleonic outfits and demanding to be called the emperor, you know, you could be kind, you don't want to hurt their feelings, and you could address them as the Emperor. But you're not really helping them. You're not doing them any favors. All you're doing is enabling their mental illness.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it has a lot of parallels to a lot of things that are going on in a society. Right, everybody's got their own truth, and we don't have any objective standard of truth. It's just like what this person thinks, and you know, it's their felt experience and so forth. We see the same thing with pronouns and gender imagination, right, yes, and so it feeds into all of that stuff, and so we're supposed to play along. That's part of the way that I think that they have silence stuffs. Well, I can't criticize their mask fantasies anymore that I can criticize somebody's gender fantasies. We've got to get away from the objected realities here. And I've said for the longest time, even if you go through their science of virology, you know, it's kind of like watching a bad sci fi movie or a bad superhero movie. They create a universe, right, and you expect them then to abide by the rules of whatever that universe is or that particular character. And so if they start just you know, they create this fictional world, and if they don't abide by it, then you have to called bs on that. Yet, you know, they create this fictional world, which you know as I've looked at this. I've talked to doctor Sam Bailey and her husband, also a physician, both of them physicians in New Zealand, and they looked at research is done by Christine Massey going around asking all these public health officials have you is said the virus? And she talked over two hundred of them. Nobody did it. As a matter of fact, some of them starts saying, we never do that. It's like, wait a minute, if you don't do that, what are you doing from a scientific standpoint? And so what they pointed out was is that whether or not viruses even exist is in question, but certainly what is not in question is that it's none of this is scientifically proven. If you leak at the PCR test, none of it is consistent with their fictional world.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. And there's another aspect of this that I think bears discussing, which is that no one has been held accountable, Yeah, for the extraordinary psychological, social and economic damage that was over the course of that pandemic. And again, it's not about retribution, it's about justice, and it's about putting this behind us by holding to account the people who did this to us. Yeah, it's impetive that that be done. And if that isn't done, then they can get away with acting like you know, they were somehow kind of in the right. You know that it wasn't really wrong what they did. You know, you wouldn't in any other case, if somebody had committed a serial murder, you wouldn't just stop talking about it. You wouldn't let the serial murder go on about his business. That person has to be brought to trial, has to be held accountable.
Speaker 1: That's right, medical martial law unconstitutionally imposed. And we let that go, We forget it. We just move on. Now everything is great because Trump's back again, the guy who did it. And what is he doing. He's making up one emergency after the other to rule by executive order, and so there's a real issue with that. Of course, the very first thing that he did when he came back was to set up Stargate with his crony capitalists and billionaire friends to push mRNA combined with artificial intelligence. So now we're going to add AI into the mix of nonsense that is here. And you know, there's nothing from RFK Junior to stop this. They're not banning the RNA, They no longer recommend it for some groups of people, but they're not banning this thing. And every week we see more studies coming out talking about death and disability of people who took that jab, and yet they're not banning this. Under any other circumstances it ought to be banned, and of course RFK Junior is just letting this go. As a matter of fact, they also approved yet another m RNA in the meantime, and the Trump administration is really doubling down on DNA and m RNA research, just like they are with AI, as he did this first day in office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that that RFK is kind of the beard of the Trump administration. Yeah, they bring him forward. I think he seems to be a genuine person, not perfect. I disagree with him on a number of things, but I think he's well meant and I think that's why they brought him a board, because a lot of people do respect him and believe that he's legitimate on those issues. So it makes it more difficult to, you know, pin the tale on the appropriate donkey, which is Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, what he said, uh, And of course Tulcia Gabbard said as well, we're here to restore trust in the institutions. I'm here to destroy trust and institutions. That's my life mission is to destroy blind trust and government and there and constitutional institutions. But that's what they're trying to restore, and so that's why they use people like RFK Junior and Telsa Gabbard who have, as you point out, they have this certain public perception, whether or not it's deserved, they have that perception. They're trading off of it to try to restore confidence. Well, they kind of blew up in their face with Mangino and Cash, didn't it.
Speaker 2: If you pop that injury, which I'm sure you did. Ngino and Patel looked like somebody was holding a conditor. That's when they came up. You know, everything that has been happening over the course of the last four or five weeks makes me feel like I'm in a surface funhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All of the populist, nationalist things that Trump ran on have just been cast by the wayside. I have some red hat friends and I asked them, would you have voted for Trump if if he had campaigned on imposing real ID, continuing the aid to Ukraine, and pushing an AI technocratic surveillance state, i'll a palenteer and instituting some form of digital currency via the so called Genius Act.
Speaker 1: And yet, if you're likal how he did his first term, none of that stuff is a stretch. It was kind of predictable that he's going to go in that direction. You know, he is basically, how do I put this politely, he is the servant, we'll say, of the deep state. And you can see this and everything to happen the first term. He's throwing everything against the wall, isn't he to try to distract from the Epstein thing? And you know some people even saying, oh, now we need to go investigate genas pots Like whence't you ask Trump why he made her his head of the CIA after she was the one who produced the lies and Trump said, we relied into the Iraq war. Well, she's the one who did it with the illegal torture and he put her in charge of the CIA. Incurse, she was right at the epicenter of London and Langley axis where they were doing this Russia Gate stuff. I'm so sick of rejigate. I got sick of that from the day beginning.
Speaker 2: There's one oh, Yeah, of course it's it's now Trump's look a squirrel, Obama. It's now not locked it's lock him up. They're going to do any such.
Speaker 1: Thing that's right.
Speaker 2: But you know, there is a sulp applying to this dark cloud of I think now, I hope, I'm I hope, I'm not think Pollyanna is here. But my sense of it is that that Trump's bizarre and corner brat behavior over the last several weeks on the Epstein stuff has kind of given us our peek behind the curtain, you know, and the Wizard of Oz when they finally pulled the curtain back. Yeah, and we see that it's not that the Democrats the Republicans, it's them. They're all like, the whole the thing is fundamentally unreformable. They'll run by a.
Speaker 3: Mafia, I agree, A disgusting, a disgusting cohort of people who are engaged in not just grift and draft, but some of the most sordid and reprehensible things you could possibly imagine.
Speaker 1: And I think that's part of what you're trying to do with Glaine Maxwell in terms of I think he wants to bring in Clinton and try to revive the partisanship, at least for his people. There. You and I going to look at this and say, yeah, they're all part of the same lub. You know, Clinton was partying with Trump and vice versa. They're going into the same Jeffrey Epstein parties and you know, jeez at his wedding and so forth and so on. But you know, we'll look at that and say, yeah, so just one big eyes wide shut party. But he will look at and say, yeah, the Clinton's, we need to lock them up.
Speaker 2: That movie, for people who are not aware of it, it was Stanley Kubrick's last movie. Yeah, and I think that he deliberately wanted to give us a peek inside that world. Watch that movie if you haven't seen it, and you can kind of get a sense of what's going on here. And it helps to understand like Trump's disingenuous assertion that well, if they had anything on me in the last four years, they would have, well, they wouldn't have, because it's like it's mutually a sure destruction. Yeah, they're guilty and they know it. And so you know they know that if I say something about you, you're going to say something about me. And we both go down the flames. Yeah, so don't say anything.
Speaker 1: And we'll get more to that too, is my fact. You got an article about that and a little bit of a clip of eyes wide shut, you get people an idea of that. But before we do that, I wanted to talk a little bit about cars. You've got a funny article kick me about that and talking about I guess one of your favorite cars is you've also got to review the vw I D Buzz And I thought that was kind of an interesting name for a car and the age of surveillance, the vw I D.
Speaker 2: It could be the name of another the next Samsung generation phone. It's like all of they've succeeded in in turning things that used to have emotional appeal into these cold, distant, remote whole cares. Why wouldn't they come up like the old microbus that was a cool name microbus, you know, and affectionately known as the hippie. Then you know that it was just kind of it was cute and it was fun, and that thing is the antithesis of everything that the old microbus.
Speaker 1: Was, and that kind of might fit that kind of a name if you call it a microbus, because it is a device now that would kind of fit.
Speaker 2: To get back to what you were talking about, you know, I was so frustrated with the IV buzz. I was only able when they sent it to me. I was only able to drive it twice because they didn't include a charge cord. If you could believe that, really it's extra cost. So this is a vehicle that starts at sixty thousand dollars and if you want to have the home charge cord you have to pay. You have to be almost seven hundred dollars extra for it. So I wasn't included in the press car alone that they sent me, which is even more crazy because I'm a journalist.
Speaker 1: So that's like batteries not included, except they put the batteries in, but no way to charge the batteries.
Speaker 2: So that essentially forced me because what am I going to do? I can't charge it at home now, which is like the main thing they try to sell you the EV with. Well, you have the convenience of being able to charge it at home, but now I don't even I'm not even able to do that, so you're forced them to rely on this sketchy network of so called fast chargers. Well, I drove into town and I went to the first place in my area where there are fast chargers and it's completely offline. They're like doing some construction to it. So that didn't you know, that didn't work. So now I'm sweating and nervously iving how much rains have I got left, And I think, okay, I can probably make it to the other one that's on the other side of town. So I drive to that one, and that one's working, but it won't accept my credit card or any of them. I tried six different credit cards I had to get the app. In other words, they put access to my phone and access to my bank account basically my debit accounts in order to you know, charge me for the service, and I'm not willing to do that. I'm not willing to let this this this creepy third party entity that I don't know. These people, I don't want them having access to my phone. So long story short, I wasn't able to charge it, so I limped it home at low speed and it became a six thousand pounds not a joke, curb weight, six thousand pounds wow. Deadly For the next five days until they came to pick the thing up. I left just enough charging it so the poor guy, you know, the delivery guy, can pick it up and get it. You can deal with it. Then it's not my problem anymore.
Speaker 1: With all these electric vehicles weighing so much money, weighing so much in terms of wait, it's going to tear up the roads, and of course they're not going to replace them either. So it does a couple of things for the elites. They don't want us to own private cars, and they don't want to maintain the roads obviously, so now they've got these heavy evs to destroy the roads for him. At the same time, you had that same problem when you were test driving the Mercedes and you had an article about how they pulled your credentials with your press credentials with Mercedes after you gave them an honesty view of what was like to have range, panic and all the rest of stuff and not be able to get where you wanted to go with Mercedes in a very cold streak back in December of twenty twenty three, I think it was yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very interesting because I've been doing what I've been doing for a very long time, and I had been getting regular press car deliveries from Mercedes for more than twenty five years, and they never had a problem before with anything with anything that I've written or anything at all like that. And I wasn't gratuitous. I didn't insert my personal dislike of evs, which I'm quite open about. I find them to be just lacking anything that makes a vehicle appealing. Now that's just my personal preference, and I don't bring that into the car reviews. What I did bring into the car review was that, you know, I attempted to use their Equs, which was one hundred and twelve thousand dollars electric luxury sedan, to visit my mom, who lives fifty miles away in Bedford, Virginia. Fifty miles. Now. It happened that it was in December of twenty three and it was very cold. If you remember that month, I remember that. Yeah, it was a bad cold snap. So by the time I got down to Roanoke, which is the closest city to where I live, I looked at the range and boy, the range wasn't so hot anymore, and I thought, you know, it might be smart. Dawn and I were looking at the temperature and it's about you know, thirteen degrees outside, and I'm thinking, I don't want to be caught, you know, on the side of the road with it being thirteen degrees outside, so maybe we should just stop and put some charge in the thing. So again, same problem. The first place wouldn't work at all. The second place, Dawn put the app on her phone and we were able to hook up the charger, but after sitting there for forty minutes, we barely got enough charge to make it home. Yeah, you know, and put the cash on it. By that time, I thought, I'm just not going to risk driving this thing a significant distance away from home and being stuck on the side of the road with it.
Speaker 1: It's deficult to charge them when the weather gets really cold like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's much harder because you know, and not only the battery in the car is trying to keep the battery warm because it's that cold outside, and that uses. Anybody who has a heat pump or tries to use like one of those you know, hot wire portable electric heaters knows they burn a lot of energy to try to keep you warm. So I just wrote about that, and I wrote specifically, you know, your clientele, the people you're trying to sell this car to This is one hundred and twelve thousand dollars car. These are affluent people. Affluent people pay to not have hassles. Yeah, you know, affluent people pay to be able to do the things that we can't do. And I thought, my god, I could get in my twenty four year old truck and easily drive to Bedford with the heat blasting. I'm not worried about it because it's not gonna, you know, leave me by the side of the road dead. And that's that's ridiculous, even even a virtue signaling a leftist who has one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars to spend isn't going to put up with that. I thought that that was a very fair and objective thing to say.
Speaker 1: And now you have been vindicated.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, that's the.
Speaker 1: Elite people don't want the hassles are buying that thing, and they're not buying it.
Speaker 2: So Mercedes pr gave me this stuff about how you know, I'm now out of their delivery area, which is nonsense. I know that that's I mean, I happen to have people who do what I do that I know who are still getting the cars you know, who are as far or farther than I am. So that's just not true. Well, anyway, fast forward to now and they've had to announce a they call it a pause, a pause in the you know, the continued manufacture of the EQS and the EQUE because they can't sell them in this country. It's been a catastrophe for them. They've had the cut bait and cut prices massively. They're marked down to try to desperately get rid of these things because you know, we're getting to the middle of twenty twenty five. We're at the twenty twenty six model year now, so you know, the twenty twenty fives are already becoming kind of like old fish that you want to get rid of, you know, and people aren't buying them, and partners not buying. This is also this is another aspect of this issue. The depreciation rates on these things is absolutely catastrophic. You can find a year old EQS that's sold for one hundred thousand dollars more or more what it was new for thirty five thousand dollars. Now. Rich people tend to be a lot of things, but they tend not to be stupid people, you know, and nobody wants to take a seventy thousand dollars bath on depreciation in the course of you know, a year or two. It's just it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. Yeah, you know, I look at this vw ID buzz. Like I said, you know, it's interesting to call one of these devices an ID because they are going to be iding you everywhere you go. Yeah, but I guess the other alternative is called a bug or something. I mean that would also kind of harken into the Internet of Things and tracking you everywhere you go.
Speaker 2: But you know, originally it was the Beatle, or wasn't it the Type one? Technically a Type one was the designation, and then affectionately it became known as the Beatle, which I think is from the German which I think is Kafer. I think kifi r, which was a Hitler came up with because he actually sketched the shape of it. You know, there are sketches of Hitler's original concept of the Beetle that he walked on with Ferdinand Portraits create the car. Now, all that aside, the original Beatle was a great car. It literally was the car for the people It was very basic. It was very simple, it was very light, it was efficient, and it was something that anybody could learn to fix. You could do your own maintenance on the thing and save a lot of money that way. Oh yeah, something that has been totally tossed out and kicked to the curb. Now this idea that you know, you own this extremely expensive gadget and when the gadget glitches, what do you do? Well, you either take it or have it flatbed toad to a dealer where you pay an exorbitant sum of money to have some specialists try to fix it for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I remember, even though it was very inexpensive car, it had a reputation for a liability. I remember a Woody Allen movie, I don't even remember which movie it was. But he goes he goes to sleep or something like that, maybe sleep or something, and uh, you know, he wakes up, yeah, hundreds of years in the future, and he sees he's on the run or something, and he sees a Volkswagen in a cave and he thinks, wait, no, it couldn't possibly, but he he opens the door and he and he gives it a push and it starts and it's like, oh how about that, you know, So it had this reputation for being reliable. I remember we had a VW dealer close to where we lived, and it was called bird Song Motors, kind of as a reference to the noise that it made. You know, it kind of sounded like the jets and cars running. I had this little tweeting sound that it made with the engine, the air cooled engine in the back. There were funny cars.
Speaker 2: Great things. They were well, they were also kind of the first step on that ladder. I could speak from personal experiences and they also I had a Volk Slagon when I was young. You know. It was a great car for a teenager because again it was like a step up from a Brigs and Stratton pushmower literally, I mean an air cooled engine. They had a little one barrel collaborator on it and a fan, I mean, and you popped the back of it and there it was. It was so simple, you know, it wasn't intimidating. So if you're a fifteen or sixteen year old kid, you know, you can look at that and I think I could maybe figure out how to take those spark plugs out, you know, I can learn how to change I mean there was a there was just a bolt on the bottom of the engine. I mean you didn't even have to jack the car up. You could just under the bolt and wow, look I just changed you up. And it sounds trivial, but when you're fifteen sixteen years old, it's kind of intimidating. You know. You're you're like, oh, do I want to touch that? Do I want to mess with that? I don't want to break that?
Speaker 1: Well, the cars are intimidating, they aren't they to work on? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I had an interesting kind of lesson now here. I am a middle aged guy and I'm afraid of computers. So you know, this is how I can sort of understand what's happened. I had a problem with my laptop. The battery basically wouldn't accept the charge anymore. And I thought, gosh, do I dare? Do I dare to try to open this thing up and maybe see about replacing the battery myself. And I gathered up my courage and I did it. I bought I bought a battery online for thirty five dollars, and you know, I very timorously. I removed the screws and I took the cover off and it wasn't so bad, and I felt so good. It made me feel like I did when I was a kid. Wow, I've learned how to do something today. I did it, and it's so empowering, as opposed to if I had gone to the computer store, which I've done in the past. You know, when I've had a battery issue. Three hundred dollars later, you know, there's your you know, there's your thing, and you have no idea what they did works great, But now you're out ten hundred dollars and you feel kind of emasculated because you had to go to get somebody else to fix it for you. And I think we've lost that. You know, it used to be so common for dads and their sons to work on the car, you know, in the driveway on Saturdays or Sundays. And I'm not talking about major gearhead overhauls of the entire engine. I'm just talking about doing basic things like a tune up, you know, doing break work stuff like that. And it was a good experience the father and the son or the daughter rankly, and it helped to empower that young person. That young person felt competent and that's extremely important to think growing up, you know, to feel like, hey, I can do the things. My hands are capable, my brain is capable. I can understand this, I know how to do this.
Speaker 1: And now they can change the blanker fluid.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, now that they're incompleating helplessness. There's this commercial that makes me want. It makes me feel I remember the story about how Elvis would shoot the TV when Robert Bulay came on. I saw this commercial. I think it was for Evolvo. It might have been a super group. And it's a couple of teenagers and they're out in the car and they have a flat tire and what do they do. They call mom, who calls Triple A or some roadside assistance thing. Everybody's all I grateful. My god, it's embarrassing being sixteen years old as a boy and you didn't know how to change a tire. Your friends would have laughed you into the next county.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well you know now you don't have to write. You can just use AI to do your website there for you. Right, that is the ultimate emasculation and lobotomization. Actually, I think it's how many But tell us little bit about this kicked me on. Iought it was a funny idea. You talked about Jeremy Clarkson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never met Jeremy. I'd love to. I have always enjoyed top Gear and his Shenanigans. You know, I think he's got the right kind of tally ho pirate spirit. You know, he's a guy who just he has a knack for telling the truth in an interesting way, you know, a funny way sometimes. Anyway, we were watching his most recent thing is It's called Clarkson's Farm, and it just reminded me, you know, I should do things like Jeremy does now have the backing that he has, I don't have the resources that he has, but I thought it would be just hilarious if I could figure out a way to acquire to buy one of those id buzz electric vans, and so it's mine now and I can do what I want with it like Jeremy does on top hear yea. And I could put a knee sign on it and take it to a shopping mall somewhere and people could just kick it. You know, we could film it. Yeah, I think it would proude a great kind of cathartic moment. I think so many people are so frustrated and angered by everything that's being foisted on us and pushed on us, and particularly these electric cars.
Speaker 1: You think it could stand the kind of abuse that the Toyota high light Scott from Top Gear guys.
Speaker 2: No, actually, I think they would without even using implements, without necessarily getting involved with pro bars and hammers and things. I think he completely total in id buzz. You know, we're within about probably half an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. Well, was there anything that you liked about it that you thought was clever that they laid out with it or I liked?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, I liked that it looks immediately distinctive from everything else on the road, kind of like cars. To one of the attractions of the old volkswagons was you didn't even have to see it. You heard it. You know, you knew it their care comes a beetle or here comes a bus because it had that distinctive sound.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I like the way that they styled it. I think it is a The idea is great. It's it's it's a perennial favorite. The idea of the old micro bus was brilliant, you know what a fantastic practical vehicle. Now, if only they could have taken that vehicle that they created and instead of using a battery powered drive frame, imagine if they had put one of their TDI disels in that thing. Yeah, you know right, then you'd have a micro bus that would be able to go probably six hundred miles on Philip. Yeah, and also would only probably cost about thirty five to forty thousand dollars as opposed to sixty thousand dollars. That would be great. It'd sell a lot of those Oh, you'd actually make money. Imagine that, you know, instead of you try to try to sell virtue, they'd make money.
Speaker 1: Well, the only thing better than putting one of those things a shopping man putting a kick me silent, it would be to do that to class Schwab who actually he had a big kick me signed put on him there at the World Economic Forum, I think, or as I like to refer to them.
Speaker 2: A plows you know, you can pack like some gigantic pinata. Yeah, and people take a turn of giving him a whack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bug.
Speaker 2: Isn't it sad? You know? It really breaks my heart to think that Volkswagen as a company caved into that that nonsense about the the cheating on the federal emission certification. Yes, yeah, yeah, because it's diesel engines that they were that they used to sell were brilliant. I had the opportunity to drive every vehicle that they make equipped with the diesel engine, and every single one of them outperformed the advertised mileage. They were phenomenal. Some of them would go seven hundred miles on a full tank of fuel. I remember driving to North Carolina and back and still having a substantial amount of fuel in the tank of the thing. And you could pick one up. This is as recently as I think twenty fifteen, you could pick up a ten guy power Jetta for about twenty two thousand dollars. So naturally that's why they had to go. Can you imagine the position. On the one hand, you've got a twenty two thousand dollars Jetta that gets fifty plus miles per gallon, that goes seven hundred miles on a tank full of fuel, and it will probably last you for twenty five years because it's such a durable car. And on the other you've got a fifty thousand dollars electric car that goes maybe two hundred and forty miles. That forces you to plan your life around these constant charge discharge cycles, and that in all likelihood is going to require a new fifteen thousand dollars battery by the time it's about ten years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it clicks all the boxes of what the elites want for us, which is nothing, to own nothing, and to go nowhere. And that's the thing that I concern us about all this stuff. You know, when you mentioned the Epstein thing and the other things, and you say, well, everybody's looking at Epstein, they're missing the stuff about Palanteer and the Genius Act and all the rest of this stuff, and those things are not unrelated.
Speaker 2: No they're not. Now, I'll preface my remarks by saying that obviously the allegations and the facts that we're aware of with regard to Epstein or just repellent beyond description. And I think that that stuff definitely should be exposed. I don't think we probably ever will get to the bottom of it, at least not with any of their help. They don't want this stuff out. But at the same time, it has served to distract attention away from things that are extraordinarily important for people to be aware of. Palentiner is one. And you know, by the way, I didn't know what palenteer was. I wander what does that mean? What does that word mean? I'm not a big Lord of the Rings guy. I never read Tolkien's books on it. But it turns out that in the universe of Lord of the Rings, the Palaenteer is a sorcerer's stone, and the sorcerer uses it to see what people are are doing. Yeah, it's and that's what palenteer is about. It's about it.
Speaker 1: I did reports on about a decade ago, and I said at the time, I said, no, the palaeer will allow the sorcerer to actually see into you, right, which is really what polunteer data mining is allowing them to do as well. They're able to look at externals like metadata and other stuff like that and to anticipate what you're going to do, to make connections between you and other people and ideologies and religion and politics and all these other things that they want to track and control. It is really insidious what is there. And of course they're not the only one. You've got Andreil, which is the sword right from Lord of the Rings that belong to the King. And there's a company called Andreil that's working with Trump and they want to use that for creating a no man's land at the border, basically having real high tech surveillance and law enforcement that is automated. And they're working with them Handing Glove And he's another one of these guys from the PayPal mafia, Palmer Lucky, I think, is I get to confused always talk about Howard Lutnik. I call him Lucky Lutnick because he didn't show up on nine to eleven. He did not to go and so he got real lucky, but not so much as employees, even though his brother who was there.
Speaker 2: But it's related to this that's important. It's not just Palenteer. There are two arms of the pincer, and the other one is this Genius Act, which essentially is the the propagation of some form of digital currency, non real money, digital money.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Now, what they're going to end up doing, in my view is, on the one hand, they're going to use the Palenteer to draw all these profiles of you and be aware of everything that you do, and then if you do things they don't like or don't want you to do. They'll be able to use this digitized money to limit your ability to buy things. Oh, you want to buy some hamburgur, Well, you've exceeded your your you know, your carbon footprint this month, so this month, so you know your coin. And it's interesting that they use the psychology of it is fascinating. They talk about coin, but there's no physical anything. It's a coin and name only. Your wallet is your phone. It's not your wallet. You know, you don't have physical money anymore. So they control the money, which means they control you.
Speaker 1: Well, they call them crypto coins and you think, oh, it's script I. You know it's got crypto, it's got encryption in it, and so they can't tell it. No, it's completely visible what's going on. The encryption is there for the processing, not to protect your privacy. And it's a blockchain, a public ledger that's available and visible to anyone and everyone, especially the government that's there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an absolute nightmare. You know, at least during the pandemic, when they attempted to throttle people's ability to engage in commerce, to buy and to sell. You know, if you had cash and you know, for example, I was friends with a local guy who operates a convenience store, you know, the gas station comedience store. Because we're friends. He knows me, I know him. You know, he didn't hassle me about the masks or anything. And I could go in there and I could buy things with cash and nobody knew of its except for him and I. You know, now in this regime they want to create not only will they know whether I'm wanting to buy something, they'll know how I'm trying to pay for it. And if the two things aren't aligned, and if their algorithm says, oh no, Eric's been a bad boy, you know, he's he shouldn't be allowed to buy anything. What are you going to do now? You can't transact business. That's what they want. They want absolute total control. And they exert this control using the data mining and using our ability to transact commerce.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know that's coming at us in a lot of different ways. I look at the stable coin, and you know, they want they want to tie it to the dollar, which is a joke because the dollar is not stable, so it's not a coin, and it's going to be tied to Fiat currency which is not stable and the crypto is not there to protect your privacy and letting them know anything about that, all of it is a lie. But they're looking at the stable coin as a way to protect the dollar and to transition into the next uh monetary system. You know, we've had Breton one, Breton Breton Wood's two, Bretton Woods one and two, and so now they've got to transition to something else because they can only run these scams for a few decades until everybody catches on. And people have caught onto this thing, so they got to come up with something new and fresh and new con and that's a big part of that. But I experienced this personally back in May of twenty twenty one. My program here independently was only five months old when PayPal banned me and I still can't use PayPal, so they banned me, and Venmo, which is owned by them, banned me at the same time. I spent hours with him on the phone and the guy was very helpful, but he finally came back and he said, I can only find one thing that says delete this account immediately. There was no violation, no alleged violation of anything, and no reason given for taking me off as a matter of fact. But that's what they want to do. They want to use it to control content. And we've got something very similar we talked about here on the show last couple of days. There's some Australian group of feminists called Collective Shout. You should look this up, Eric, it's uh. I think better name for them would be the Collective Karen's these, I'll look it up after that, Collective Shout. And so they're out there trying to use the you know, banking bands or you know, like Operation choke Point. They're trying to use that against anybody that they don't like. And they have focused on some video games that they say are not safe for work. Some of them are, but some of them are not. But what they're doing is they're studying a very dangerous precedent. But this is something that the governments are very eager to do for them. And uh, and so are the corporations. You know, they fine, fine, we'll just shut everything down. So that's what's coming, you know, banning anything that anybody doesn't like and doing it right away and just completely shutting you off, whether it's for your carbon footprint, or because your politics or your religion, or because you oppose the pandemic or the vaccine, it's just going to take you off for that stuff.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, they want uniformity because they want predictability. Yes, you know, they don't want anything unexpected to crop up. They want to have the ability to know ahead of time what the reaction is going to be, how people are going to move forward, and all of this stuff. And it's the most anti human thing I can imagine.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: It is the end of creativity. It is the end of personal judgment initiative. You know. It is literally the NPC world where just the gray man, all of us are just the same sort of representation human stick figures, you know, marching bleakly in line. And it's incredibly depressing to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jill, especially on TEL, I've been looking at this for a long time, and you know, they've had a thing that they called AI. Before we talked about artificial intelligence, they talked about anticipatory intelligence, which was to predict what you're going to do before you did it. And of course the big new Verzenski was talking about that back in the nineteen seventies when he wrote between two ages, and he said, in the technocratic age, we're going to know what you're going to do before you know what you're going to do. And that really is their goal, to know, to surveil, and to control everything that we do, to live in a panopticon in state. Now, people got the message about cddc's so now Trump is here to gain their trust and to put it in a different form of CBDC. That's the stable coin. I even call it CBDC in terms of crony billionaire digital cash as opposed to central bank digital cash. Right, it's just another cbd.
Speaker 2: All he has to do is give it one of his narcissistic appellations about how big and beautiful it is.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: You know, people will fall in line for that. I have cotton to the point I hope I'm not falling down on a rabbit hole of madness. But I begin to believe that this whole thing is just a gigantic form of political wrestling that they you know, they put Biden in there deliberately to create chaos and demoralization. Yeah, to flood the country with random foreign people, and to just rub it in Americans faces that you know, if they if they make an illegal U turn, they're going to get process to the fullest extent of the law. But you know, people can just scamp across the border and do whatever they want. They can drive about insurance that you and I will get nailed to the wall for if we do anyway. They let that go on for a number of years, along with the whole training thing and all the other things that happened, and incomes Trump on his white steed. Trump is the populist nationalist savior. He's going to correct everything. And sure, I mean it was attractive. You know, people were desperate to hear that maybe we can fix this, maybe you know, we can, we can do something about it. So yeah, okay, I'm going to vote for the Orange Man, vote for Trump. Yay America, right, you know, and then he gets in here and crashes everything. And what ends up happening when he crashes everything, he will have completely demoralized and discredited the populist nationals movement such that anybody who even tries to say, well, maybe free enterprise and you know all of that are a good idea, It's going to be like Herbert Hoover. Yeah, for the Great depression, and then you know, they got Franklin Roosevelt. We'll probably end up with Pete budajeg or Ao.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know where has Trump spent so much time in professional wrestling? I mean, he's even got Lenna McMahon running the Department of Ventation. It really is crazy, but he knows how that works. And that's one of the key ways that he controls a narrative is by making these heroes and heels stuff. You know, this all this stuff about Canada the fifty first state, that's as phony as Hull Cogan on the ring, you know, I mean, all of that was just to create these different issues out of nothing. We also had something else it was also kind of interesting, also involving a bunch of women, and that was the tea at app. I don't know if you saw that or not, but it was actually the number one free app on download on Apple before this stuff all blew up. And what happened was this is another one of these deals where we've got to have your ID before you can get onto the internet. And we've got to be very careful because Republicans are pushing that extremely hard. You know, well, we don't want kids to be harmed by anything. So we're going to have to require ID in order to use the internet, you know, to use these porn sites or whatever it is. Never mind the fact that they're going to be able to easily get around these restrictions, they're always coming up with reasons that we've got to have an ID. We've got to have ID because otherwise we'll have illegal aliens who are going to be taking your jobs. So we've got to have mandatory everify and an ID for that, or we got to have ID. And I agree we should have ID for voting. That's the one thing I would agree with because it is voluntary, you know, and if you don't want to vote and get involved in the professional wrestling match, I don't have to give them my ID. But for all the rest of these things, they're always looking for an excuse to push ID on us. Well, this app, the t app was a place where women could go in and gossip about men that they had dated, and it became extremely popular. But they required that you give them a picture ID to show that you're a woman and so forth, and they just put all of this personal information. Give us a shot of your driver's license and all the rest of stuff. They put it on a page a URL that was completely no password, no encryption, nothing. If you had that ur L you could see it all. And guess what, somebody got it and showed it to everybody. And one of the things that we can see that was really funny was a guy just wearing a wig that's his ID, and then led him in because he, I guess identified as a woman. But one of the worst case examples of how all the stuff that is supposed to protect us and keep us safe and secure actually endangers us in our identity, you know, And so all this kind of.
Speaker 2: Stuff, that ID thing is stuck in my cross for a very long time. Yeah, you know, I understand that, you know, just as a moral matter, not a legal matter. You know, if I were a storekeeper, I probably would not be comfortable selling beer or booze to a fourteen or fifteen year old kid. You know, that's just considered that to me not appropriate. That's something that I wouldn't personally do. But there's something upfronterists about demanding that a guy our age for him. I mean, anybody's I mean, there's no possible way that we could be you know, underage that we could be anywhere near eighteen, nineteen, twenty years old. It's ridiculous. Once upon a time, this is a few years back. I was attending a press event in southern California and I was at Lax Airport, you know, waiting in the terminal for my flight to board, and I went up to the there was a bar there. I just wanted a cup of coffee because it was too early to have a drink, and I just sat there having a cup of coffee, and this guy who clearly was in his seventies, you know, had a white beard, older guy. He sits down and asks for a drink, and the guy who was manning the bar, who looked like he was maybe twenty four or twenty five, you know, demanded ID give this guy. And the guy, to his credit, said, you know, I was in Vietnam when you know, you were still in your diapers. And then he expleted, deleted, and just walked away. And again I think it's this constant pecking at us, treating us like stupid children, you know, the contempt that the system shows for us. And also if you flip it around too, these poor people at the cashier for example, at a store. You know, they probably know perfectly well that you're old enough to buy a bottle of wine with your groceries. Because of store policy, they have to participate in this degrading kobuki, you know, of asking you to present your ID. We can't even buy cough syrup anymore, you know, without completing here's my ID. Look at I'm old enough, I'm not a meth head, I'm not a drug addict. I just freaking want some cough syrup. But now you have to be treated as if you were a meth head, drug addict, whatever, just to buy a box of cough syrup.
Speaker 1: That's right, well, Lance tells me. He says the UK's Online Safety Act considers all criticism of illegal immigration to be eighteen plus content and requires that you register your face and a government ID in order to be able to see any content related to it. So if you're going to criticize their policy taking society down, then you know they want to completely id you and get you into their files. It's pretty amazing. But that's where this stuff is all headed. And as you point out, this is the government corporate thing that replaced the somewhat limited government that briefly existed until about April of eighteen sixty five. You have a statement about Lincoln. He said Lincoln was no more free than the country that he enslaved by the way owned by the railroads, and by a kind of precursor to pellanteer, the Pinkerton thing. It's all very depressing, but no less true for being depressing. You know. I remember years ago I read an alternative history by Harry Turtledove. It was called So If You Remain, and in it he changes history slightly so that there's an early end to the war and the South is able to go its separate way. And as a result of that, in his novel, Abraham Lincoln is complete, is despised by everyone and ostracized, but he makes it comeback a few decades later when this book picks up and he comes back, guess what, as the Socialist Party candidate, which I thought was really accurate. I think that's exactly where he would have been. So he's a socialist to boot as well as a crony capitalist and under control of the corporations. And that's what we're seeing today, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You know? Tom Dolrensh's heart in a number of books about the subject. Yes points out that Lincoln was was until after the war, after his assassination, when what he calls the Lincoln cult was corected. Lincoln was widely loathed in the North as well as the South. Yes, there were massive audiots in New York City over the dragon of people to be pushed into this war in what was then another country. You know, understandab these these fresh off the boat Irish immigrants were why, I don't want to be dragged all down south of the Mason Dixon line to get killed. I haven't got a dog in this fight, you know. And the whole Americans are so propagandized about that. I mean, ultimately, the South just wanted to do exactly what the American colonies we wanted to do. Yes, they want to leave. They wanted to no longer be under the control of the central authority, like the most foundational fundamental principle that Jefferson was writing about and that Tom Paine wrote about, you know, self determination. We want government. And then Lincoln had the insolence to talk about government of the people by the people who except the people of the South.
Speaker 1: Yeahs impose it upon them. Yeah. Well they were able to, with massive propaganda and educational system, completely change history with all of that stuff, weren't they. Yeah, And that's the way it always works.
Speaker 2: Yet, part of recovering our senses is recovering our history and getting at the truth of things, and that the so called Civil war, which was nothing of the kind. It was an attempt by the South to secede, a very different thing, not a civil war. The South did not want to take over the North, right, not want to control of the whole country. They just wanted to depart, leave us alone a little, We're out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the American colonies didn't want to take over England. They just wanted their independence. And that's what the Southern states were doing as well. So if that's illegitimate, there was no legitimacy for the American government to start with. But I think it's a perfectly legitimate thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly right. And so I think you know what we do, you and I and other people do. If we can just get people to see even one example of the sort of manipulation of history and truth and facts, it's like you can't unsee it. No, that's the one blessing of the whole COVID thing. I think a lot of people have been disabused of the falsehood that the experts, the authorities, that they're well meaning, that they have our best interests at heart, and they can be trusted. We know now they are not to be trusted.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, for years we talked about the harm from mercury and vaccines and they say, oh, we took that out in two thousand and two, two thousand and three, No, they didn't. It's still in the flu shots. And they just had just revealed that and just said we're going to stop doing it in the food shots. I don't know if I believe that or not. You know, we look at it, but you know, they're keeping their fingers crossed, like, well, what we meant was the childhood vaccines. We met the MMR and other things like that. But you know, they manipulate the information. And you know, as we see all this stuff coming together, and the technocrat billionaires that have completely owned Trump. I don't know if you saw this or not, but uh, Peter Teele and Alex Karp, who runs a pollunteer, they've been they have been tied together with their venture capital firms, and now they want to come out and start making movies, and they were talking about that, the kind of movies that they want to make, And of course they're all going to be very jinguistic, militaristic, high tech, you know, and they'll throw in your subservience to the name of patriotism as well. But this is the next big thing coming.
Speaker 2: They're unwatchable. Hollywood is collapsing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there.
Speaker 2: Are occasionally exceptions, but for the most part, the direk that they are putting out is so awful as entertainment aside politics. It's poorly written, it's poorly acted, It's full of clumsy, cliched propaganda political purpose. People aren't tired of it. They don't watch it anymore.
Speaker 1: They grab you by the lapel and yell at you about LGBT and DEI and all the rest of the stuff. So there is perfect There is a big opportunity for somebody comes in, As they said, they want to do things like top Gun Hunt for Red October and stuff like that. But of course they'll put their technocracy spin on it as well. You know, they could anybody could come in and start doing movies that are better in terms of acting a characterization, plot, you name it, and not hector people over this left wing nonsense and be successful. The key is are they going to come in and remake Things to Come? You know HG. Well's book Shape of Things to Come? If you remember that movie from the nineteen thirties, that basically shows the kind of fascistic technocracy that they wish to put in, and Elon Musk's grandfather completely bought into that, and that's one of the reasons they wound up in South Africa, tried to tried to in state that instead of the former government that they had in Canada. But that's really where these guys are going. And I think they're going to be pretty successful at that, and that should worry us because that's a different kind of threat that's going to be coming here. It's going to take people a while to wake up with house.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm bullish and positive actually about this topic. And I'll tell you why. Look at how how Joe Rogan and he's just one example. You and I are another example. Look at how people like us have managed to sort of get around the mainstream media as it's full. Rogan's got a much bigger audience than people have had it enough. This whole thing has just reached its critical mass. And I think with regard to movies, independent studios that come up with qualities of that people like, you know, there's now a vehicle for getting that out there. I agree, maybe we don't have the media.
Speaker 1: I agree, it's just going to be a different it's going to be a different subtext for a different way to come at us. They're going to be coming at us from another angle. I mean, you take a look at the collapse of the late night talk shows that long ago stopped being funny and just hectored people with lectures. It's like, who in the world was watching that stuff anyway? It turns out they weren't. They were losing forty million a year on Cobert's show. But you know, so there is a big opportunity for somebody who wants to come in and do it differently. But then you've got to be careful what are they trying to sell you, even if they do it subtly, because you know, Hollywood for the longest time has been selling very subtle, very subtle philosophy and a worldview and the rest of this stuff, and if you just accept that without looking at it critically. That that is what has had a big role in changing our society. Goes back to the Franklin school. I mean, they've been working on these types of things, very calculating the way they do it. The problem with them was that they became a little bit too confident and they jumped the shark. You know, they did it right in your face, and they don't really care anymore of this. If it was more subtle, it'd be more effective, and I think that's probably what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I think that trust is probably the most valuable currency that there is, and once you lose it, it's almost recoverable. And so now I think people are much more tuned into that. They want to feel as though that they can trust whoever it is that they're listening to, that they're viewing, and if they get a whiff of shadiness, a lot of people get immediately turned off by that, and good, there should be consequences for shadiness, you know, and for being a propagandist, and that's healthy. You know. People talk about a high trust society, and a high trust society is a good thing, but at the same time, you can't be naive. You can't just assume that everybody's benevolent and you know there's nothing harmful to this. A little more work to have to investigate and check things out and make a determination, But ultimately that's how we get back to some kind of an adult, healthy society instead of this fearful, infantilized society that we built up around us.
Speaker 1: That's right, well, Patrick Henry said in his day, he said, trust no man, but bind them down with the chains of the constitution. If they're not going to abide by the Constitution, they certainly don't deserve your trust. But you don't put blind trust in anybody. And it's just part of critical thinking. That's a key part of it. And so I think that's one of the things that we need to be very very wary of in one of the things that's always concerned me about Trump. That's why I see the Epstein stuff as very good, because at least some people are having second thoughts about blind trust in Trump. The biggest issue is people will come back and say, well, if we can't trust Trump, who can we trust. It's like no one trust yourself, trust your neighbors. Start working at the local level. You know, we just had a story about how on the sly they wanted to do these experiments to block out the sun. Well, where did it get stopped. It got stopped at the local government level. There are things that we can do. We need to understand the usual suspects of the federal government with its unlimited amounts of money, and they're trying to keep that thing going, and I think they will with a stable coin, but we need to understand that, especially if we use the constitution, there's a lot that can be done at the local level, and it's harder for them to control it. That's why they keep trying to move everything to the federal level so that they can get rid of any of these restrictions. We saw that what GIF is sitting there now talking about moving things to the federal level on other pesticides and basically giving them a big farm a deal in terms of legal immunity. And we know exactly why they're doing that, because they can buy a few people in Washington a lot more easily than they can buy people at the local level. And so you know, it's just as you point out, it's you know, people who are not a part of the system, and you have to look at what these people have done actually hold him accountable. I know, for the longest time one of the key weaknesses of Trump on this thing is not only did he campaign on it, but even before he was elected the first time, he had all this q and nonsense, that's what I call it, about how, oh he's gonna he's going to wrap up all these pedophile rings that are out there and all the rest of this stuff. I thought, really, with his background, they sold that for so long. You know, that's why it's so much deeper. It's not just a campaign promise. They had this entire mythology about how he was the white Knight who was going to come in and stop these known pedophile rings. They should have talked more about the actual pedophiles, like on Capitol Hill. Remember Dennis Aster, Oh my gosh, Yeah, we forgotten about that, the longest serving Speaker of the House for the Republicans, and he was picked because he was a pedophile wrestling coach and then made Speaker of the House. And you know, while he was of the House, they had two pedophile scandals. You remember the one with Mark Foley, the House.
Speaker 2: Page Scandalnie Frank red boys from his townhouse in Georgetown.
Speaker 1: That's right, the Hastart thing, you know, it was Hastart. I remember him going on with Russem Ball and just poo pooing all of it and saying, oh, they're only coming after folding these other guys, because that's what the Democrats are doing there. It is purely political. There's nothing real here. Well, it was real, and Denis Astert was eventually exposed as being a pedophile. And the most interesting thing about that whole thing to me was that after it was all known, what did they do about it? Nothing? Zero, zip, nada. Right, they could have gotten rid of the Statute of Limitations, which is incredibly short for pedophilia, and if they had done that, they could have prosecuted Hastard. Instead, what they did was a manufactured to crime so they could send him to jail and satisfy people into thinking that they're doing something about the pedophile networks when the whole system was set up to make sure they did nothing about the pedophile networks. And so, yeah, nothing is going to happen with this thing with Trump. But it's a little bit more cynicism and critical thought is going to be something that'll be very good if that can get into the mind.
Speaker 2: The world Trump's comments, you know, the arrogance and the narcissism that is his probable greatest weakness, Yeah, I think yeah, and that it makes him do things that just from his point of view are stupid. You know, I can call a support stupid is stupid politically, yeah, you know. And yet he did that. And you know, just the that you can see it like snarling contempt that he has even for the people who support him, the moment they don't support him abjectively, the minute that they raise the question that they take off the red hat and say, wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, uh, then he comes after them, doesn't he. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Hey, he commands slave literally slavish, obsequious, like you know, kurd dog rolling on its back, kick me kind of you know, follower followership. And that brings me to I think this this other point that I wanted to make. I think all of us, whatever your politics, stop looking for secular heroes and saviors. Yes, we see ourselves.
Speaker 1: That's how we absolutely stop looking for these heroes. It's it's idolatry and it's stupidity. It's amazing. You know how many times as one person's that you're talking about Trump's narcissism. You know, all these guys in politics are narcissist, and especially all these billionaires. Just take a look at Musk, right. It was a clash of egos that we're coming after each other. But of all the narcissists, you know, Trump does stick out in his own special category, doesn't he?
Speaker 2: He really does. Yeah, I mean he's he's a tour to force.
Speaker 1: Well, Eric is great talking to you, always is great talking to you, Eric petersautos dot com is a place to go for honest reviews. And you've got comments about about new cars and that we didn't get into the oil the underneath pan which makes maintenance more difficult, and well leak's more difficult to know about and all the rest of the stuff. But it's a lot of practical articles in there. The Perils of the PAN is that article. I love your site, always have loved it. And you focus on mobility and liberty. We can't have one without the other, can we? And and it's great to have an honest review. And if you're going to get shut down by car company for an honest review, and now you've been proven right to them as well. But I don't expect they're going to restore your credentials. I hope they do, but you can still see.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, it's heartbreaking to me because I'm a car guy. I love cars. Yeah, and you know, cities at one time made brilliant cars. Yeah, they had superventions, their inline six cylinder eensins, their v their V twelves, remember those. Yeah, just magnificent things. And they just decided to give that all the way and to basically make another Tesla with a cheap, plastic three pointed star on those hood.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, I'm very I'm very negative on the survival ability of the entire German auto industry because it's not just their craven subservience to that aspect of the Green New Deal, but the Green New Deal from manufacturing in general in Germany is just sabotaging them, whether it's the manufacturing of steel or the ability to be able to compete in terms of cost on energy. They have the governments have put the businesses in Germany and France and especially the UK as such a competitive disadvantage. I don't see how they're going to be able to do any kind of manufacturing, especially something like automobiles and steel and that type of stuff. They've basically just given them monopoly or do optly, I should say, to India and China with the with the carbon mandates that they have on it. But again, it's always great talking to you, and thank you for being such a great friend. And really do appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Eric, Thank you. You know I appreciate our friendship and I appreciate having me on the show.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank you, having good day, and before we leave, I just want to thank everyone for all the support in the last couple of days. Thank you so much for supporting the show. We would not be here without you. Thank you for your prayers. And let's go out with a clip from Dennis hastert just a reminder, love this whole thing. Thank you, Eric Peters. Auto's di com.
Speaker 4: That shocking indictment former House speaker Dennis Haster charged with the line to the FBI and trying to hide secret payments, apparently to cover up misconduct in his past when he was a high school teacher and wrestling coach. ABC's John Carl has the story. Good morning John, Good morning George.
Speaker 5: The indictment alleges that Hastard had a dark secret in his distant pass and he was willing to pay millions to keep it a secret. Dennis Hastert was once the most powerful man in Congress. Now he stands accused of a dark past before his career in politics. Federal prosecutors have charged a seventy three year old Hastart with bank fraud and line to the FBI connection to a promise he made to pay an unidentified person three point five million dollars in hush money. Prosecutors say Hastart started making the payments five years ago to quote, compensate and conceal his prior misconduct. It's quite a fall for the man who was chosen Speaker of the House because he had a reputation as being mister clean.
Speaker 6: It's popular these days to ask political figures what mistakes they've made where they've failed. As a former history teacher, I know such analysis is best tempered by time and reflection, and that is probably best left to others.
Speaker 5: The indictment doesn't say what Hastart was trying to cover up or who he was paying, but it points to his time as a high school teacher and wrestling coach in Yorkville, Illinois, and notes the unnamed person has known Hastart for most of his or her life. The indictment alleges Hastart's structure withdrawals from his bank accounts to avoid detection, taking out just under ten thousand dollar in one hundred separate transactions. When asked about it, Hastart told the FBI, Yeah, I kept the cash. That's what I'm doing. His former constituents are surprised by the news. You're prideful of.
Speaker 6: People that are coming from your community and trying to make a difference in Illinois.
Speaker 2: It's just disappointing.
Speaker 5: There's no word from Dennis Hastert this morning or from his legal team, but he has reportedly stepped down from his job at a powerful Washington, DC lobbying firm, and that firm, George, has removed Hastart's bio from its website.
Speaker 4: But as he said, John, we really don't know what conduct he was trying to cover up.
Speaker 5: That is a complete mystery here. There is no indication whatsoever except in that indictment. It says that his time as a wrestling coach and a high school teacher back in Yonville, Illinois, way back when is material to this indictment, so it apparently is something that he did back when he was a high school teacher.
Speaker 4: Okay, John Carl, thanks very much.
Speaker 2: I know you have more on Sunday nd this week