Speaker 1: He listen to podcast episode four sixty seven. I'm brand home. Here's Ryan, and we're gonna recap Calgary now in our thing.
Speaker 2: So hey, Ryan, we're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 3: How you doing good? What is going down? You started? I wasn't finished aiming the DV.
Speaker 2: Well, you should aim quicker, my friend, because we got lots to do today and less time to do it in it's snowing again, and I.
Speaker 1: Have been traumatized from our trip back from Calgary.
Speaker 2: We're gonna tell you all about all of that stuff, all the thrills, the chills, the near death experiences that I slept through.
Speaker 3: You missed it. The thrills, the chills, the near spills on the highway.
Speaker 1: Yes, well I wasn't awake for those.
Speaker 2: You'll have to tell me all about them again because I slept through the whole deathifying experience.
Speaker 1: Whoa, because we're up very late.
Speaker 2: But before we get to any of those things, we have to thank for official business Daddy Gaming Online dot com. They are your source for all your gaming needs. We're also going to thank Pilot Bones Brewing Cold. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as being the official beer sponsor for c CEOs. Sywalk Slam season three coming soon to YouTube.
Speaker 1: You've switched it.
Speaker 3: You just gave up on season two?
Speaker 1: Season two? Could fuck off season three?
Speaker 2: Baby, Yeah, because I figure with Christmas coming up, with you going on vacation, it's gonna be a little bit. So we're just gonna start the new season in the new studio in the new year, with all of you.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with with what I'm going to discuss with producer Gary about big thanks to producer Gary as well and in different avenue Media Network Network Network Network.
Speaker 2: Yes for giving us these delightful digs and using the little space here to make sure that I die of hype.
Speaker 3: Both. Yes, very good. We're gonna talk about microphone selection and what to do when when we're ready for CEOs So i'd Walk Slam season three, season three. Yes. So the weekend that was, Hey, Paul Man.
Speaker 2: That was Honestly, that was one of my favorite weekends I've had in a long time. I fukin needed you know what I know, don't we don't know what's wax poetic with all the fun shit that we did for the people that weren't there, but like a few minutes I think is worth.
Speaker 3: I just question, Mai sure. I would love to showcase all of the fantastic things that happened in Calgary to both relive them and thank the people that were there to make the weekend so great, but also encourage and inspire other people to organize their shit so they can get out to one of these, even if it's not one of the CCO experiences, a Canadian Championship like what.
Speaker 1: We were at, it'd be a great time.
Speaker 3: Or a Command Fest which isn't even better, or a Magic Con also good. Right, Okay, let's do a couple pieces of business and then we'll talk inspirationally inspirational. Okay, you see on the backdrop, if you're watching on YouTube.
Speaker 1: What just should be? You almost got me?
Speaker 3: I almost got it. Yeah, he was taking a drink a c ce offee cc offee Yes, the C and CEO Stencer Coffee.
Speaker 1: Yes, Commander Coffee Podcast.
Speaker 3: Commander Coffee Man Podcast, Commander coff Out. You can see on the tv Fusion Gaming Online dot com New Holiday I gotta move my head so you can see new holiday promo code c CEO Holiday Discount on all your magic stuff, Gary, how long is it gonna last? Best?
Speaker 1: Forward? Fast forward?
Speaker 3: Lookna get the same neck as Uncle Brando.
Speaker 1: That's right. How does that feel?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it feels good. Good, It feels good because I know I'm getting a discount on Fusion.
Speaker 1: Paying less for things you want anyway is pretty good, especially.
Speaker 3: During the holiday, right when a couple of things in my mind, a couple things, we're gonna be opening up some booster packs, either to draft or play jumpstart because of foundations. You might, but I might. You might not, but I might. We're gonna be cracking packs because open flippery during the holidays is like next fricking level. Baby. If I can pay less for those things, I will do it by using Cocio Holiday when I check out at Fusion. I'm gonna do that every single time.
Speaker 2: And if if you're watching us, or if you can just hear the inflections in our voices, paying less is so much better than.
Speaker 3: Not paying less. Yes, yep, yep, big things, big thanks to Pile of Bones, because they gave us a little flat of beer and some giveaway stuff for everybody in the house. Man, And oh there they are too, Pile of Bones. Move my head again.
Speaker 2: Remember that time you said on the first night, we're not gonna drink all this am that, and then you said that the next night, and then the next night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will tell you this, sir. I don't even know if you know, there is one pile of bones beard that didn't get drink how I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: Mark one up for team Ryan, because I was right.
Speaker 3: One singular beer didn't get drunk this weekend in all of Alberta.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And it was the one that was I don't know, behind the something in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Like you know how when you go to an airbnb, behind the weird mustard, there's the two bottle, two half full bottles of Frank's red Hot sauce, yes and mustard.
Speaker 3: Half a jar of horse radish.
Speaker 1: Like what the hell? Man, I'm sure the.
Speaker 3: Beer got knocked over in the door of the fridge behind that and somebody just thought it was another like condiment. And I was like, hey, we gotta clean out the fridge and it was already cleaned out, yeah, because it got a beer because the only thing in it was beer and leftover poutine, which I also.
Speaker 1: Ate that that's still weirds me out. Dude, Yeah, leftover poutine so strange.
Speaker 3: You know what I think? Really, it's it's not leftover poutine, it's cold leftovers. In general, people are very divided.
Speaker 1: Why would you you ate it cold? Fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow? Leftovers up. Let us know in the comments. Are you a warm up left or over a warmer upper or not?
Speaker 1: I'm a well I like all my food to be room temperature, so like.
Speaker 2: So you would warm it up a little bit, I like leave it on the counter until it wasn't cold anymore.
Speaker 3: And to be fair, it wasn't poutine where the gravy congeals into a solid mass. It was buffalo chicken poutine with buffalo sauce blue cheese sauce for those that like blue cheese and uh and like chicken. So it was still congealed into a mass, but it wasn't. It wasn't like you know how gravy turned into like gelatine. Yes, not that it was buffalo sauce and like like cheese that got cold again, okay, which is fine. Okay, So anyways, anyways, one singular beer thanks to Pile of Bones, everybody appreciated, like the bottle openers and the koozies. We gave out as prizes for Plinko, which was off the fricking charts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the plinko was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: There was actually I'm ridiculous. My favorite ridiculous plinko story was you plink it all down. People saw last week what plinko looks like when you plink it all down and it lands in a bucket at the bottom. Some game action happened.
Speaker 1: There's two people. There's two games happened at our tables.
Speaker 2: Happened all weekend. Somebody plinkos because they bought a thing, and then something would happen that affects both games happening on the table and man man.
Speaker 3: One of the things on day one of the event was was Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 1: That's not what I thought you were gonna talk about.
Speaker 3: And the game started. The game started and it was like okay, Blanco, Wheel of Fortune, okay, and f you. Aiden was there. He was like player four in that game, didn't even get a turn, had to wheel yep, cool Blanco again, Yeah, cool Wheel of Fortune. And it was like the second person's turn. So Aiden had to wheel again yep, okay, And then somebody came up cashed in a ticket or wanted some prizes or whatever. Yep, fuck wheel. He's like, bro, we might have to change really fortune Ah, I haven't even started my turn. My grave already got twenty one cards in it, four starting hands.
Speaker 2: My favorite one was we also had reversed the turn order, and we were playing a game and old sink guy was sitting there.
Speaker 1: She's ready, He's fucking ready. He's ready to go right, he's yeah.
Speaker 3: And pretend it's my turn, passing to sink guy.
Speaker 1: My turn is gonna be so good.
Speaker 3: Reverse the turn order, it goes around, goes to this guy. Reverse the turn order, gets to my turn, reverse the turn order. He missed three turns. We did take that one off.
Speaker 2: We did take that one off because that because that exact example, because he's like, well, now I'm ten turns behind.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll just lose it.
Speaker 3: Guess I'll just die. Yeah. So anyway, Planko was a great hit. We had a ton of games happened at our booth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had people at the booth all weekend, which we really If you were there, we really appreciate it, and if you weren't there, we appreciate and look forward to seeing you next time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, you know what? The biggest thing like, oh man, so many times coming over to our booth. I don't know if you get thanked as much as I do, but I get a lot of thanks for being welcoming at the booth. I'm a little bit of a social butterfly and just walk around and talk to people and meet people. And within the nation, I get made fun of for never playing magic games. Well f you, everybody, because I played games and I fucking dumpstered guys, one of which was a good old Niver was me. Yeah, dark shittiest over here. I got them fuck and I played some games. But I got lots of thanks is for having a welcoming booth that we could play games at free prizes, prize tickets, promo, reliquary towers, coozies, bottle openers, stickers. Uncle Kelly from Face to Face Games Everybody's uncle apparently gave us a swath of booster boosters for the stinky onion bag, and I was given pride is out for planko. Whenever I saw a kid, I just randomly walk around like freaking some weird Santa with an onion bag and just give prizes to kids, like kids got more packs than my no waiting, well none of that, but just so many thanks for being a like a welcoming space and a good community just within the event from strangers, right.
Speaker 1: I do get that too.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, you guys are the guys over there in the corners, like, oh yeah, yeah, stop by there, talk to your your buddy and it was fine. Yeah yeah, So we had a really good time. And then that's the thing that I think means the most to me is when people like come by what we've done, And in addition to that, the people who know.
Speaker 3: Us, like like like Dan and Into the ninety nine guys, they just tell us we suck and No and Tanner from Rogue's Passage. Check out those two channels because if you're into Canadian magic content and you want to meet creators when you go to face to face Opens and Tours into the nineties Rogus Passage, those are the two people on either side of us that that we're doing content and had studios and cameras and trivia and gameplay, and they they were were talking to us about the community that we've built. And I think that and I always say it when we say thank you to CECO Nation that we don't say it enough. But whenever we go to a show, we've got people coming literally from across the continent that come because that's how strong of a community that that we've I want to say we I say we like it's Brando and I, but it's we as in the collective audience who are listening. That are the people who come to the events. Who are the people in discord and on socials and whose support and and the patrons and everybody that's part of Commander cookout.
Speaker 2: Somebody missed a plane and drove eleven hours just to come to the show. Man more more than that, and some random dude they didn't know who we were, did not learn how to play magic.
Speaker 3: Listen to this. This is actually cool. Sink guy and Nutter butter Mommy his wife man. My wife nickname was a Nutther butter mommy. I'll tell you that much. They couldn't get on a plane because of passport issues, and they're they're the friend who didn't even know us, heard that we were a great community, and we said, yeah, as long as he's not like a dicker and asshole, he can come and stay at our house and as long as he's gonna fit in. And they were like, yeah, he's great, and we're like, okay, he can come. We'll work out like beds and pricing and and we'll make it work, right, we'll make it work because everybody's welcome. And he fit right in. Yeah, good dude, and dude, and we didn't even know him, and it was like you're one of us now, yeah, because that's the kind of people that our community attracts. And to be able to have that and say, hey, like we played a part in building this is it was actually really special.
Speaker 1: I learned lots of neat stuff from that guy.
Speaker 2: He's like the dude that he works in like refrigeration for shipping, like stuff comes. It sounds really boring, but I learned so much like kind of neat stuff, the things you never think about, like why do I living thousands of miles from any coast? Why can I eat fish?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I know because he's the guy that refrigerates it and sends it out it's safe. I learned all about that stuff. So you can, like you meet really cool people and you learned really interesting things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, never learned where my food came from until the other day.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you don't want to know.
Speaker 1: But in this case it was good. In this yeah, in this case it was fine.
Speaker 3: When you buy real food from the real grocery store, it's important to know where it comes from, to know that it's safe, sourced ethically or properly, that it's affordable. Loll what's affordable food in Canada? Right? Am? I? Right? When you buy food that's literally just made out of salt. Yes, the salt keeps me safe.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, the salt keeps me from being hydrated the salt.
Speaker 1: The salt preserves me.
Speaker 3: The salt absolutely does not keep the toilet safe and Uncle Brando's.
Speaker 1: Oh hell no, not a chance.
Speaker 3: But it does preserve you practically a walking mummy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, When I die, my flesh will just decay off of my organs will still remain.
Speaker 3: Yes, forever, Taxidermy Brando, give you the top hat and monocle.
Speaker 2: That's right, like Jerky, I look like the peanut guy. Put a top hat on me, and shit, it's gonna be so good.
Speaker 1: Jerky Brando.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I hope people are having as good of a time as we are talking about Calgary. But goddamn better be Remember I said that there was gonna be some podcasting business. Oh goddamn, yeah no, but this is good business or business that people will be happy to be apprized of. Okay, yes, okay, okay, okay, everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Don't let me down. Ryan.
Speaker 3: Well you're not gonna be happy, but you already know. So what everybody knows that we've got the CEEO store right Amandercoco dot com. Oh yeah, Black Black Friday's coming up.
Speaker 1: I thought Black Friday was yesterday as we're recording.
Speaker 3: I even went that's pre Black Friday.
Speaker 2: I went to the furniture store that's prey because I need a new goddamn couch. My couch is broken and things keep you know, when one thing goes wrong with it thing.
Speaker 1: Oh this is a total tangent, but yes it is. We're gonna go right back to the store and we talk of drink some coffee.
Speaker 2: But everybody has this experience, I assume where as soon as something breaks.
Speaker 1: On a on a car, on a couch, on a whatever, when it rains a port, it just everything goes to ship.
Speaker 2: You do this week, hat Man, I had a freaking spring pop out of my couch and then all this no, well, yes it is right where I sit, so of course it's poking me in the leg all the time. And then I leaned over to like get up, and the arm like crumbled on the inside. I sat down on the inside, I sat down on the other end, I heard something inside just break, Like the couch is just slowly just.
Speaker 1: Crumbling underneath me, and I really need a new one, but it's a god.
Speaker 2: Furniture is so fucking expensive and when you buy a new one, you can't get it till January.
Speaker 3: Yep, fuck yep.
Speaker 2: So anyway, back to the CEO store Black Friday, coming up great deals just for you specifically.
Speaker 3: This is how I want to do it, though. If there's something on the CEO store that you want, just tell me that you want it, and I'll put it on sale instead of me trying to guess if you want something, I'll put it on sale and I'll tell you why. Because we have had multiple conversations over the weekend in Calgary with the style and the theme of the plinkeboard, we want to update and kind of not rebrand, but make all of the CECO merchant twenty twenty five look new and cool and exciting and interesting. Yeah, and that's gonna mean new tokens, new t shirts, hats or sweaters. It's gonna be new dice because I did sell all of the remaining CEEO Dice. Shit, I didn't take them off the way. Remind me. I have to do that because you're not getting enticed if you buy. I'm sorry, and we want to update that all. But that means like my office has to get emptier or my wife will murder me. Yes, because it's all run out of my house. Oh, there you go, there we go, there we go.
Speaker 2: A me me me, me, me, me me.
Speaker 1: That's the shirt.
Speaker 2: I get more compliments on that shirt than any other thing that I own. It's like, oh, that shirt makes me just want to hurl, or that's the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Both are excellent reactions.
Speaker 3: Yes. The thing about going online and buying from something in Canada right now, though, is we do have a nationwide postal strike, so everything will be delayed, and that includes altered art cards. Now, everybody that has been buying from me and who commissions me or wins the Thursday alter auctions on Facebook every Thursday. Those people who aren't like raillers have been informed. But if you're listening to this or watching this, there's a postal strike. Things are going to be delayed, and then they're gonna get all the money that they want, and then they're going to open up right before Christmas, and the Christmas rush is going to be even more than it normally is for the postal service. Yep, this this holiday season, so there's going to be further delays. Now what I'm doing instead of just dropping my stuff randomly in a mailbox somewhere and just waiting for it to get picked up, I'm keeping all of it at my house so I can take it in one fell swoop and make sure it goes directly into a postal worker's hands. So I'm on top of it. But just know that there will be delays if you want to order a buyer or commission anything. That was one of the important business things that I really wanted to mention bit of a way, because people are already asking me, like, Hey, where's where's this thing? I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, and sorry, there's literally nothing I can do unless you want to order from like FedEx and nobody wants to do that. And then it's like one hundred dollars to ship like a magic carter or a T shirt. That. Yeah, So that was that Calgary. We talked a little bit about we I've got a thing here. Okay, okay. We did the thing that we've never done before at tubbed. Oh have we never hot tubbed? No, we've never hot tubbed.
Speaker 1: We made dude soup.
Speaker 3: Dude soup we did make. We were in the hot tub until it got cold. Yes, And we got the most with the mightiest picture, the picture of Keel chugging the beer in the hot tub with all the feet poking up like tentacles. Keel Thulu it might be a new nickname. And and he's like chugging a pile of bones beer like a frickin' cecial boss. He did all of the things that were that were required of him. He got into a hot tub and nobody brought even though I said, hey, bring your swim trunks, nobody did. So everybody's in their underwear, well one guy did, Uh sure, I don't. I'll take your word for it. Everybody's in their underwear. It's dark except for the ambient like green glow of the hot tub, and Keel He's like, man, I'm so sweaty. So he gets up and sits on the side sweaty dudes in a hot tub. And I say, Keil, let's get a picture. Chug you beer. So he chugs his beer. But everybody sticks their feet up at the same time, so it looks like a bunch of feet that are praying to Keel. Yeah, the mightiest of mighty c CEO Experience Pictures ever, very good. And of course Keel comes up clutch when it counts, comes up clutch when it counts. Keel. What a great nickname, Jesus Keelthulu, come blast Keel if you know you know, Yeah, it was a whole thing. He's got so many nicknames.
Speaker 1: Now yep, so wasn't even his room.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to know. Yeah, anyway, we did this thing that we've never done before.
Speaker 1: Okay, we went.
Speaker 3: To a casino.
Speaker 1: Casino Keel Kiel Sino if you will, Yes, was he there?
Speaker 3: I don't know if he wants who he was?
Speaker 1: He was?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we go to the Hitman Bar and grill. Hell yeah, and we walked in it like the kitchen closed at ten and we got there at like nine to thirty five.
Speaker 1: Oh, I felt so bad.
Speaker 3: We felt so bad.
Speaker 1: We checked it. We checked it.
Speaker 2: Just nobody thinks that were scum, because I've told this story a couple of times and people think that we're scum. So on the website they close it too. So we figured going at nine it would be fine. But they opened early because it was the Gray Cup that day.
Speaker 3: Oh is that what it was?
Speaker 2: And so they closed they opened early. Thus they closed early and we didn't know that. And then we walked in with a table of what how many of twenty two of us or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there there was a bunch of you guys that went early, and then a bunch of us came. I went with you. There was a bunch of people that went early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, early.
Speaker 2: We came second, and all the face guys came afterwards. Yeah, And we told the server Lake, look, you need to either kick us out right.
Speaker 1: Now or or give us food or we're gonna because this is gonna, this is gonna get biblical here.
Speaker 2: Now you guys can say it's all good. And they were very kind and very polite. Nobody's spitting our food. I didn't find any fucking pubes or allegedly right, Like my food was good, yours was fine, Everything was great. Thank you to the hitman Barn Grill grt on Beyonce. Check it out if you're in Calgary.
Speaker 3: Lots of lots of fat head cutouts, like those cardboard cutouts of different wrestlers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like bred Heart's like real pants, and like his jacket was there, and all the titles.
Speaker 1: They were in a glass case.
Speaker 2: I did take a picture of it though, because I'm a big Brett Heart, a big Brett Hart fan.
Speaker 1: So it's cool to like see all those things.
Speaker 2: And he was there earlier in the day. I could have mad him. Again, I didn't get to, which is fine.
Speaker 3: You didn't sniff him, no, but would you have sniffed him?
Speaker 1: I probably would have like stood like kind of next to him and like.
Speaker 3: A little bit, just yea, just to see, I'll bitch.
Speaker 1: They would have been washed. They probably would have spelt like a bounce sheet, you.
Speaker 3: Think, a like leather or something.
Speaker 1: Weren't they not? The tights?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, well those would be extra stinky now they're washed. Yeah, sure, it's fine.
Speaker 2: So thirty year old sweatstain, Like, there's no way that would be healthy for the garment.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm gonna start calling you year old sway three hundred year olds. Oh, come on, come on, thousand year old. Okay. So Mac and I were sitting at the Hitman and he's like, man, I think I got to go and blow all this funny money, monopoly money because he's from He's from Merca MRCA. Yeah. So he he's got all this Canadian money. It's all these different colors. He doesn't know how to count, and he's just got like blue bills, green bills, red bills. He didn't maybe he had some brown bills. He had some brown bills when he left. I'll tell you that much. Those are hundies. So he goes and sits down at a slot and he plays a couple and I'm like, I gotta go get a drink. And the casino is like a big circle, and like I recognize the shape of the circle of the building that I'm in, and I'm like the bars in the middle, Yes, but I had to walk like two hundred and ninety degrees around the circle to find the entrance to the bar. And it's a good thing that I did, because I go up theirs and my leg hurts, right, so I lean on the bar. I leans on the bar, and I'm watching the bartender make this dude a drink. Okay, makes him a double tall Caesar with like extra pickled bean. And you know when you go to the cesu experience and water and sometimes food with one nutritional value doesn't enter your body for four days. So I'm leaning on the counter and my body told me I need a Caesar.
Speaker 1: Oh, I need a Caesar.
Speaker 2: No, I have inside information on this one, but I'll let you finish dangerous.
Speaker 3: And Recca said the same thing. That's my wife, that's the first lady of the nation, says, oh, why'd you do that? What did that cost? Caesar at the casino? And I says, no, everything was fine. I says, I'm gonna get what that guy has and he got a double ed because I'm not. I'm not that extra pickled bean too, yes, and extra spicy caesar and that. So she makes me Caesar, gives me the Caesar only like six seventy five, Oh, Alberta cheap at the casino because in Alberta, yeah, not eleven six seventy five, so I pay her. I take one drink of the Caesar standing right at the bar because I got a sore leg, and I go like this, and she's like, is it no good? I'm like, no, I'm sure it's fine. I just hate Caesars. She looks, she looks at me, and she's like, huh yeah, And I'm like, I just I needed what that guy had because it looks so good, because Caesar's look good so good. Hell yeah, this is my note. Uh fuck, it's somewhere on the on the thing here. Explain to people in the Land of the Free what a Caesar is, because mac and and and a couple of people that I've met don't know what they are. And in simple terms, it's a bloody marry. It's tomato juice with vodka with worcestershire, your sister sauce and tabasco or other hot sauce with like a pickled garnish, yes, right, or.
Speaker 1: In some cases go nuts have like a.
Speaker 3: Burger yeah, yeah, a bunch of cheese. They salt the rim with celery salt. Sometimes they got like limes squeezed in. It's a bloody mary. But in Canada, We've got a thing called Mott's Clamato. That's tomato juice with clam sauce in it and extra salt, which is weird that my body wanted that during a freaking sea seal experience, more freaking salt than a potash mine. And I got this Caesar and I'm hitting it up as I'm walking all the way freaking back around to where Mac was. I get there, I take a picture of the Caesar sent to my brother Boom. Mac wins like three hundred dollars slots, and I'm like, freaking cool man, cool soap.
Speaker 1: And he's like, oh no, I have all this money. I was trying to get rid of all this money.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So he's got all this money, and and I finished my Caesar, and he's playing his his initial like he got paid out in cash for his jackpot or whatever. And then he had like his initial float that he put in. So he cashes out his float and gets a ticket. He's got like one hundred and ninety bucks. He's up on that too, So he goes to a different machine. I go get another Caesar. My covers cause one course, so I come back fucking boot Mac wins another three hundred dollars and then he cashes out his ticket, cashes out his cash that he got, and I paid and we fucked off yep. And I'm like, man, you did really good. He's like, yeah, I tried to spend all my money, but I left the casino with six hundred and seventy five dollars. Like, hey, fucking pretty cool.
Speaker 2: He's gonna he's gonna trade that back into American And when he got like eight bucks, hey, he was able to buy one airport beer.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 3: Yes, would imagine imagine him sitting at the Calgary airport. How many Calgary Airport beer he can get?
Speaker 1: Like two?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: So a big shout out to Mac, big shout out to Kiel, big shout out to Jared and Angelica Nutter butter Mommy for making the great cookies. Jared brought his hot sauce. He started his own hot sauce business. Yeah, and I'm kicking myself in the fricking dink. I'm stepping on my own dink with high heels that I didn't get pick up from him a bottle of his green hot sauce.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you?
Speaker 3: Because it was the last one that he had, and it was at the convention where he was like where he was like showing people like his bottles and all that stuff. And when he comes up in January, so I yelled into the mic. When he comes back in January for the face to face event in Saskatoon, I'm gonna tell him he's not coming unless he's bringing me green sauce.
Speaker 1: I bet he will. I think the when he first started doing it, he brought me like a little sample of a giant It was really really, really, really really good.
Speaker 2: I don't put hot sauce on lots of things, but like you know, little little sprits on some nachos.
Speaker 3: I put hot sauce lots of stuff. I I like the lesser hot sauce to change the flavor of my food a little bit, give it like a smoky spicy flavor, like a you know, like a pepper flavor.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I like the mega crazy hot sauce where I don't want the flavor of my food to change, but I want.
Speaker 1: It like to give me that you want to feel paid.
Speaker 3: Well, we don't need. Yeah, you know, when you like make chili or something and you want like your sauce to be a little bit spicy, make you feel like you're in Mexico or something, right, Yeah, that's what you do.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, Okay, I've got one more thing, and we're gonna do some game stuff. We're gonna talk about some of the fun people that we met, because I want to say Jared and kill Story too, because him and Aiden and Peter Procopp and those guys to me, Brando to an authentic Japanese restaurant. Oh, I know that you, in particular Gary probably also will be and maybe some of the members of the nation who know my eating proclivities will be very proud of me because I tried like ten new foods in one sit down.
Speaker 3: We forced Uncle Brando to try new foods on Cecio experiences. It's one of the things that I like to do. If I said Uncle Brando, drink this. It has alcohol in it, it doesn't matter what. It could be cat piss, and he would drink it.
Speaker 1: Right, Like this tastes like pea. I probably won't drink more of this, but then I finish it and then just not have another.
Speaker 3: One, exactly right. And you're so adventurous in that neighborhood in that trajectory. But when it comes to food, it's taste or texture, or bad experience, or it gave me diarrhea one time or whatever it is. So over the course of your thousand year life, you've narrowed down your diet and eating habits. This is for the people at home to burgers and chicky fingies and tacos. If it's made out of salt or is dried in some way.
Speaker 1: I will eat it.
Speaker 3: Brando eats it. Yes. So when we go I say here, try this, and you go, what is it? I say, shut up, just try it, because that's what we're doing. And you do try it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you hate it, but lots of times, lots of times, lots of times we give you things that we know that you'll like. Right, and I think of like my son, I'm not going to make him try something that I like purposely that he's got a freaking not.
Speaker 1: Like this is gross here.
Speaker 3: I want you to try it because it's going to enrich your life. It's it's like, it's good.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So you tried what did you try it? To Japanese place?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I tried duck soup duck soup. I had like boiled squid, okay, I had I don't actually know what it was. But I ordered a sushi and in the sushi was.
Speaker 2: Like there was like a crispy, yellowy greenish vegetable.
Speaker 1: Of some sort fish penis probably.
Speaker 2: I had some of that and there was like another kind of yellowy thing in there too.
Speaker 1: I ate that as well.
Speaker 2: Uh, there was I should wago beef, which I knew i'd like, but I'd never tried that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because money, I had.
Speaker 1: An oyster with a sea urchin ball on it and too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and by ball, I mean like the reproductive organs of a sea oyster.
Speaker 1: Very good. And what was the other thing? There was one other food that I tried, but there was I liked all of it. It was really really good. It was really cool.
Speaker 2: So I highly recommend if anybody has a chance to try authentic air quotes.
Speaker 1: Like Asian cuisine. It was very good. It was really really.
Speaker 3: Get You get an experience set as other It's not it's not really like eating a taco or going to a steakhouse, right, It's an other experience in that what do I do with this food? Like how do I eat? What?
Speaker 1: Is this shit?
Speaker 3: And then it's a bunch of tastes, textures, combinations of textures, tastes, colors that you don't normally put inside your body, Like when was the last time you put something orange inside your body that wasn't a fucking doriedle?
Speaker 1: Correct, that is correct? Yes, you know, And I learned a thing too. Squids are hollow.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, like theyre when you get the little squid rings, that's a slice of squid because they're hollow in the middle because they're like little sacks that pump air through them and that's how they swim.
Speaker 1: I did not know that.
Speaker 3: They got like a new pneumatic locomotion, like spiders have hydraulic grabbers. Yes, did you know that?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did.
Speaker 3: Did you ever eat a spider?
Speaker 2: Well, probably you can eat spiders, probably by accident. One time they say like, oh, every person is eating like a hundred spiders in their lifetime.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but that's on average, that's like across all the people in the world.
Speaker 2: That's like everybody in Australia because like now you can't eat spiders that they're too big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a whole meal. They look like freaking the guys from Alien You wake.
Speaker 1: Up and just gained forty eight pounds. God damn it. I a spider again.
Speaker 3: Just see them moving inside you like this the leguess.
Speaker 2: They'll stick it out from your from your real Oh pull it out by the leg here.
Speaker 3: Spider haters just turned the show off. Yeah, freaking gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really freaking Yes.
Speaker 2: We tried new things and we met new people. We talked about Into the ninety nine. I have to point this out again. We haven't had a BBO and the c C O Y t C in quite a while.
Speaker 3: Oh we got I do have the Dusk moren one. It is on my computer, ready to get done.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 2: And then I actually the boys from Into the ninety nine. Yeah, did live film.
Speaker 1: Me doing one, which was a lot of fun. I had, like the whole crew. I'm really really excited for people to see that one because like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had great time. Some people were there watching you stop by for a little bit. I was throwing cards all over the convention center and the.
Speaker 3: Guy was trying to catch booster packs that were flying down, like freaking Confediti. It was like he was playing the money game, trying to like catch all the money in the tube.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it was super fun. So I'm hoping that people get a chance to see that real soon. And it was a good time. But we do have some actual magic business. We're gonna gonna show you guys some cool shit that some people showed to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm gonna move my coffee cup. Okay, so we if you're watching on YouTube, which you should be, which you should be, you can probably see that we've got some some new stuff on the desk here. And I wanted to highlight this because this is all Canadian stuff made by our good friend mcgil from nerd Gear Gaming. Okay, so we've got I've got the box here, but I want to actually show off.
Speaker 1: You can't only throw it around because it's a tree.
Speaker 3: I want to actually show off the dice tray and you put your commander here. It's I wish we would have had another ca set up.
Speaker 1: It's okay for the people listenerster.
Speaker 3: Gary doesn't have the top down camera on. Okay, zoom zoom on me here, and we've got we've got the dice tray that has custom printed twenties. There we go. That's good for commander down that's good. That's good custom twenties and number of times you've cast your commander like this isn't all that new and revolutionary. But it's not three D printed, which is what you normally see is the three D printed version. It's all injection molded. And my favorite part of what I'm holding right here is actually the click down life counter. It's one of the ones with the spinny thing that you set at forty and you go like click down or click.
Speaker 2: Up, just like the ones that you got in like the Commander's arsenal. Yeah, the collector boosty things and those they're kind of tough to come by and sometimes cost a lot of many.
Speaker 3: This one, Thomas, Yeah, and I have one, and you've got like a frection all will be one one yep. But they're kind of hard to come by, and I'm not gonna lie. Over time they get a little bit harder to use.
Speaker 1: Mak it gunky, because you know, we're.
Speaker 3: I wish, I wish like I'm gonna nope, Like the click on. This is so satisfying. When I was talking to people, when I was talking to people about nerd gear stuff, we had we had some display at our booth to help show it off because I really like it, because it's Canadian based product and it's very high quality. Everybody said to me two things. They said, the click on this wheel could be its own fidget, Like it's such a good click. Give it a click, Give it a click. And then Garyal, stay on me, Garyal, stay on me. But all of this comes in this package. And this is the other thing that people said to me is this little felt purse with a leather zipper pull is like the best thing, Like everybody was saying, Man, I would travel with this thing because it feels good, it's the right size, it's high quality, and it's got the little leather embossed like nerd en g nerd gear insignia cool piece. And if that isn't enough, in in this Commander Essentials kit, you also get maybe you can switch over to brand or real quick.
Speaker 1: It's the wallet, hey, is that what this is?
Speaker 3: This is a wallet? Yeah, hold it up so the camera can see. That wallet is to hold your tokens.
Speaker 1: And your erasable tokens and made of plastic.
Speaker 3: The other the other thing that people said was these are so thick, you know how when and I'm certainly not knocking infinite tokens, right because because they're they're great and they change the game. But these are like the these are like the thickness of a credit card. They're thick.
Speaker 1: It's it come with a marker.
Speaker 3: It doesn't come with the marker, but I'm sure you could five markers. Yeah, so super cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Give me that.
Speaker 3: Now. I want to showcase all of this because it's high quality, it's Canadian. And in addition to all of this stuff they have got I can't, I can't. I got to look into that onto the TV to be able to see it. They've got the play mat Sanctuary. Now, this was a Kickstarter. It's not available for purchase yet, but it will. It comes in literally every color that the Commander Essentials Kit comes in and more. And what it does is it's a hangar for your play mats. You can see how it's got all these loops on it that are made out of this seat through plastic that you can see what your fricking playmats are instead of keeping them in a box or in a drawer. In my case, and my wife hating it because it's right where we keep all our board games and it's a disorganized mess. Whenever we try to open or close the drawer.
Speaker 2: Oh, you pull a box out and all the play mats fucking unrolled them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're like, oh my god, yes, oh my god. It All you want to do is throw them in the garbage.
Speaker 2: But but they've been signed by a bunch of people that you laugh, they're attached to a memory or whatever. You don't want to throw them away, but you don't have anyone to keep them. So I'm gonna take one of these things home. I'm gonna fill it up full of playmats, and I'm gonna hang on the back of my closet door until I move.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's mine.
Speaker 3: And the other thing too that you couldn't see is it's got these elastic stretches where because playmat tubes come in different sizes, you can stretchy fit your playmat tube into there. And it even offers a storage solution from playmat tubes. And if you don't want to hang it up on the hangar, it actually rolls up, even when it's full of playmats, it rolls up, and then it's got these things ties to tie it shut.
Speaker 1: Revolutionary.
Speaker 3: Then you can i don't know if you want to travel with it, but I don't. I don't know who wants to travel with ten playmats, but I'm sure a there is somebody who wants that.
Speaker 2: If you're somebody that travels with ten playmats, I would very much appreciate it, non judgmentally.
Speaker 1: What I say, please explain it to us in the comments below.
Speaker 3: Why do you do that? It ties up, it's wrong with you and you can maybe you're moving. Maybe you were moving like you just said, and you want to just carry all your playmats. So this is great. It was a very successful kickstarter. They're just in the process of creating the product and then getting it out to distribution. Links to nerd Gear is going to be in the comments of this show and and this little community segment because we want to feature Canadian products and really Canadian people that are out in the magic community doing stuff changing the game. Baby exactly right. And when I when I saw that that mcgil and nerd Gear was at a face to face games event in Edmonton, I was like, Hey, where have I seen that before? And then I went to their website and never because it's an innovation. Sorry, I went to that website and was like, I'll do it. Hey, wait a second, that's the play Matt Sanctuary guy. So I went to the play Mat Sanctuary kickstarter and was like, yeah, it's the same guy. I gotta get in touch with this guy. Didn't know he's Canadian, right, And then I was like, are you gonna be in Calgary, let's meet up. Let's let's like, I'll give you some CCO stuff. You let me have your stuff at my booth. I'll show all my people, right and like, let's build up the Canadian community like we do with face to face games. And he was all for it and totally nice and was like, hey, show this off, but let everybody know this and that. And man, I couldn't believe when I was talking to people how excited they were that that there's high quality stuff getting made like right here.
Speaker 1: And I mean lots of people use the like the Commander trays or whatever.
Speaker 2: They're not new, but these are very good and does come with the cool life clicker, and I think that it comes with the Commander dice.
Speaker 1: Which is something that not all of them do.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So it's it's pretty cool to see something like this and all the different colors and stuff. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I've got this is This is the one I've got. It's like bronze, ancient bronze. And then they had like blue, teal, purple, like gray, and more colors coming all the time. I got you this one because this set here is purple and they match.
Speaker 1: I like when things match all the same color.
Speaker 3: I like that. Yeah. So come Face to Face Games Weekend in Edmonton in March. It's it's one of those one day shows that they split into like two days so they can fit in lore Cana and one Piece and all the extra stuff that they do. Now, we're gonna meet up with Miguel again and I would like to get a game in and show him what the nation's about. Maybe a fricking Milimum.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna kick him right in the nuts out of the table.
Speaker 3: Writing nuts under the table. Yep. Yeah, so just mash him big. Thanks to nerd Gear Gaming. We like showing it off if and I'll throw this out there too. If you're a Canadian that has a gaming related product that you want featured on the show, hit us up. Yeah, Commander Cookout at gmail dot com or Commander Cookout dot com. You can find all of our socials and contacts and stuff on the website, and we would love to feature that stuff because we want to build the nation. Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think I met another guy there. This is not this is one of those first This is this ship we just talked about everybody.
Speaker 2: This one not for everybody, but really cool. It was like this great big card sort of machine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude. It was so cool.
Speaker 2: Like it scans the card and uses an online data pace to like get like what the card is, what color it is, what type of card it is, what it costs?
Speaker 1: Does it cost? Yeah, and it can like sort them all for you. And the guy was just.
Speaker 2: Standing there and I was watching the card work, and I'm talking to the guy and he's explaining all the different ways you can do it.
Speaker 1: Here's the part.
Speaker 3: And not just magic. They were sorting Pokemon. They were sorting lore Canna, any kind of card. And and I'll tell you something after this that it might even make you more impressed about this.
Speaker 2: And like a few stores have them and stuff and they like rent out time if people want to sort the collections of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's so neat, right, Well, I talked to the fucking guy machine.
Speaker 2: Very expensive. But here's the thing that I suggested to him that he said he might do. But maybe he was just humoring me.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Because at the end, after you go through all fourteen of the little piles that you can make is a little shoot and all the chaff oh no, comes out to shoot at the end.
Speaker 3: And I was like, dude, three D printed garbage can.
Speaker 2: If you just had a garbage can with a little fire in it and all of the trash just came on the end and went in the fire.
Speaker 1: That would be the YouTube video and history. Yes, but but man, that was that was cool too, just to see like this dude like invented this.
Speaker 2: Machine that I would Ooh, I want one so bad, but they are a little out of reach for ye boy. Yeah, but if somebody locally had one, I would definitely pay them some money to use it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very cool. I got one more thing, but I want producer Gary to tell us what we're at for time. Okay, time, let's talk a little bit about the actual Face to Face Tour Weekend Regional Championship Calgary event and venue. Okay, because I've talked a little bit on like commander had populum about the behind the scenes and the the interesting things that you see and do as a part of being as being part of the team. Yeah, right, and you had your first experience at that this time, I worked the booth and so we yet chairs exactly. We rolled in on Thursday because and you can attest it took like dozens of people literally all day from nine till after six pm to set up the show. Yeah, and everybody thanks the judges all the time. Yeah, they don't thank the event staff and the people that do literally the heavy lifting, chairs, tablecloths, totes, product merchandising. The prize wall was a job for like a team of six people. Hey, we got to get all the product out of all the bins and get all the bins right, let's make it look good. But this time there was a new challenge because there was Lorcana one piece Star Wars Star Wars product on the wall. And of course the retail the retail booth is one thing where they sell stuff for money, and then the prize wall, where you take your prize tickets and cash them in for pretend play money is another thing. And of course the business side of it, says Hey, these things should be front and center because they're new, or they're profitable, or they sell the most of right, So we got to get a little bit of that intel, and.
Speaker 1: Then we have to make it look nice, to draw people's eyes to the ship that you.
Speaker 3: Want to make it look good? And and did you have a good time?
Speaker 1: I did. I had lots of fun.
Speaker 3: I had a ton of I have fun every time that I do it. I've done it a few times now. And man, were you surprised at all all of the stuff? I think, like all of the when you open a tote and it's like, oh, this tote is full of just collector booster cases.
Speaker 2: I was surprised at how many booster boxes we had at the beginning, because like, I cracked, I'll bet you nine cases, nine cases cases of.
Speaker 1: Boxes, and then when we left, I repacked two. I was very surprised by that. I didn't I didn't realize how much how people ball out of control. One dude came up with prize ticks.
Speaker 2: You all take that collector box and I'll take that booster box, and I was like, this isn't the retail wall, my guy, And he just whips out this fat stack of.
Speaker 3: Count all these he's got like five thousand tickets, and I forget.
Speaker 1: Who's the Who's the dude that works at the Prize Wall?
Speaker 2: He was he didn't smile very much, and he kept giving me this, He keeps giving me this look like scrip.
Speaker 1: It was just god damn it, Brando. Every time he looked at Me's like, goddamnit, Brando was. I'm like, because I don't count like everybody else.
Speaker 3: There's yeah, there's a guy named Chris Taller guy. Uh, there's a guy named Patrick, my good friend Patrick, and they they normally do the business in the Prize Wall and great dud, oh yeah, great. Everybody that you work with, it's like they don't pick people when when you when you work in events and when you work in I'm gonna call it like hospitality, but I'll take it a step further and call it gaming hospitality. You're there to service people that are there to have a good time. Why is everybody in Las Vegas like really nice to you because they're drunk, because they're good at being nice, because they work in gaming hospitality. I'm here to have a good time and spend freaking money to have a good time. That's why we're nice, right right, And everybody that I've ever worked with at face to face or when I go to the other vendors at the show, like Fusion is there of course and Mtgy Stronghold a house of cards and say, hey guys, you need any chairs? Where do these curtains go? Where do you want your tables? Do you have your own tablecloths?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this and that and oh hey big thanks? Or hey can you take these toats? We don't need them. Everybody's so nice. And the funny thing about it is they all have their own so much stuff. I can never get over it.
Speaker 1: Did you see the thirty thousand dollars Mickey Mouse card? Who? What is this?
Speaker 3: Magic? The gathering it?
Speaker 2: I don't I stand ignorant. So if anybody out there I saw in one of the cases is a Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 1: It's like gold, but not actual gold gold, get foil the guy, let me touch it. It's not made of gold.
Speaker 2: Mickey Mouse card for twenty ninety nine dollars and ninety nine sick. Anybody knows why that costs so much?
Speaker 1: Please tell us.
Speaker 3: I remember when Lorecana came out and it was all the it was all the thing for all the Magic people that were like, hey, let's do this LORCNA thing and we'll get in early and will become the next command zone. But for Lorcana and that came out as part of like the first Championship thing, and there was only of course limited number because you could only get one if you win like the first regional championship or whatever like like Magic. There's a reason that's that it's expensive.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that there is. It's just who know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That was that was plus Mickey us Yeah, yeah, yeah, So that was that was set up and that was the event, the takedown. Takedown You thought the setup was lots of work. Take down way more fucking work because you got to figure out how all the ship like goes back into the bags that it was in.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's not what they told me. They just told me, listen, this is stuff. This is the actual instruction that I was given. Kay Brown, do you see that stuff?
Speaker 1: Yes? See these boxes? Yes? Eh? Eh? And I said yes, yes, okay, And that's what I did.
Speaker 3: Okay, it is good, super cool, yeah, super cool.
Speaker 1: That's what they told me.
Speaker 2: They realized Brando's simple instructions, tell him do things, Brando, go pick chair, put over there.
Speaker 1: Yes, will do. And then I acquired a crew of dudes that helped me and it worked good.
Speaker 2: Big shout out to Aiden, who found the grossest thing at the whole con when he picked up a folding chair with a shit stain on it.
Speaker 3: Boom, butt crack stamp boom. Like I'm touching my face as I'm saying this, and i feel like I'm getting pink.
Speaker 1: Eye both butt cheeks with a shit stain in the middle. Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, here's a public service announcement.
Speaker 2: Okay, wipe your ass, wipe your ass, and don't shit yourself in public, and don't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take it one half step farther. Okay, Okay, I'll show you I don't like doing the audio only listeners of disservice. Okay, So you're gonna describe what I'm doing and I'm gonna like exaggerate it while I'm doing it. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So he's moving away from the mike, he's standing up, he's flattening his pants out.
Speaker 1: Pretend I'm sitting down in magic He's gonna sit down in a magic chair. Gonna do. Hey, side you, Okay, this is how a normal person sits down. He sits down like you or I. That's what there it is. But in chair bag, No, that's not what.
Speaker 3: No, no, this is what you should do.
Speaker 2: Okay, hands up, pull your pants up and then you sit that way your ass doesn't.
Speaker 1: Touch the chair and then ye can people see this? It's your shirt.
Speaker 2: It's your shirt. You cover the back of your butt with your shirt. That way, your butt crack isn't sticking out.
Speaker 1: Flawless.
Speaker 3: Okay, So when you sit down, hold your pants up, and then because they're gonna go down some amount, regardless of your body shape or your pants style, they will go down a little bit. Pull your shirt down over over your pants.
Speaker 1: That's why I wear triple XL shirts.
Speaker 3: Bone as points. If you wear a belt, hey, CCEO belts, maybe we should do that. You know, not a lot of butt cracks in the nation.
Speaker 1: I need a new belt, if that's fair. And you know what it is, disintegrated.
Speaker 3: I don't care if guys but cracks. It doesn't bother me, It doesn't bug me. But but I don't want to see crap stays on the chair.
Speaker 1: It bugs me.
Speaker 2: When I see literal shit on a chair right now that I'm the person that's going to pick up the chair.
Speaker 1: Now, I care if there's on it. Okay, Oh yeah, come on, guys.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're better than this.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're better than this.
Speaker 3: You know what I think. I think over the years, we've had a lot of kind of rhetoric about being better and and being a better let's face it, a better stereotype still of gamer. Right, Let's let's appreciate each other more. Let's support each other more in whatever capacity we need it. Let's let's raise the level of gaming and events and and like products that we buy and sell. Let's treat ourselves better as well, right, And I think we've come a long way, even in the seven or eight years we've done CCO. I don't see very or I don't see with my nose, I don't smell very many stinky gamers anymore. And I think that that stereotype got bad enough that like even the sweatiest of mouth breather wised.
Speaker 1: Up to it, right, brush their teeth, yeah, pittick, that's great.
Speaker 3: I think the next frontier. I think the next frontier is the butt crack. I hope, so God, I want that to be a sound bite so bad. The next frontier is the butt Cracklets let's work on that tear.
Speaker 1: Yes we should.
Speaker 3: Let's work on butt crack the final front Let's work.
Speaker 1: Let's do that as a team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Should we talk about an actual magic thing, real fast.
Speaker 3: Team, but crack team? But yes, yes we should.
Speaker 1: Interesting conversation I had with a couple of guys. You gave me a pack to give away, yea.
Speaker 2: And I walked around and I tried to find like the most kind of un busy at that point commander dudes that could possibly find.
Speaker 1: So I give them a sticker in this pack and then open it with them and shoot the shit.
Speaker 2: And while we're shooting the shit, we were talking about how Magic Foundations didn't have any commit with it. That's a very very large diversion from what they normally would do. Do you think going forward that there should be more products that do not have commander decks with them. I think yes, I think that there should be in some cases like Foundations, because it doesn't need them. It's got enough stuff to bring in. And in the case of Assassin's Creed, there's a Commander deck there that you can collect yourself like a build a figure, so cool, don't need them?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think yes, and not to detract from giving Commander players things that they want. Pre cons are things that Commander players would want, right absolutely, But I think it would be better to utilize resources within Watsei to give us other things that we would also want, or things that other players might also want.
Speaker 2: I saw the Starter Collection and the Beginner Box, both open in Calgary and in Saskatoon. Now those are great products, as we said before in the review. Now I've seen them in real life, great products. I would much rather have those in this situation than a Commander deck.
Speaker 3: And those I think are probably better to get new players in. Like Mike that drove Sink Guy and not our Bottle Mummy.
Speaker 1: Up round trip of twenty two hours baby.
Speaker 3: He him and I and Mac we played Jumpstart great great for learning. Did he also play Commander yes?
Speaker 1: Oh man, very complicated deck?
Speaker 3: Is that conduce him to learning?
Speaker 1: He was playing Jared. We've done a tech on it on the show.
Speaker 2: His Roco Goblins Combo deck yep Roco Goblin Combo deck not good if you don't know how to do.
Speaker 3: So, less pre con, Yes, because I think it'll serve us other products, other niches within magic yep, whether and and I'm maybe maybe I'm not talking like the straight to modern like oh, this is the modern deck that you play, because those products are never are never really that successful. But start bundles, maybe different kinds of box sets that that are like the Commander's Arsenal that are now very collectible, right but at the time not crazy hard to get, like a from the Vault thing, not limited time really like a secret Lairy you only have a couple of days and still yeah, still give the community, the player base, something that they that they want and appreciate and can learn from and use and eventually fricking trade like the Click down Life Wheels and the Commander's Arsenal, the Foil Special Foiling Calia and Reliquary Tower and Azusa. Those are like hot cards now, yeah man, yeah, so yeah, less pre cons that'd be cool because it opens up space secret layers. Final thing, final thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a Rhyan star.
Speaker 2: Ryn's gonna tell you a story about the greatest secret layer ever opened in the history of secret layers.
Speaker 1: You sent me a picture of it the storm one.
Speaker 2: Tell him the story, right, tell him about the storm Marvel Comics secret Layer that was opened in Calgary.
Speaker 3: So I sees it. I sees the picture of Oh no, it wasn't in Calgary. Yeah, sorry, I sees a picture of guy gets secret layer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lip, I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: That rips the thing opens the top flap and then he sees his card peeking out, folded over the inside flap folded over, and nay, not one card. All the cards hold it over, peeking out, giving them a little, giving him the giving him the secret layer.
Speaker 1: Saluteay, Secy, there it is.
Speaker 3: I'm in here folded over.
Speaker 1: Poor guy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, poor guy, you know what you almost want if you could feel I would encourage everybody to feel their secret layers, like really feel them out to see if that happens. Because if you've got a folded one and leave it sealed, I bet you you could sell it for more. Fuck that a gamer. Yeah, there's there's some men maxing that ship.
Speaker 1: There's an MTG financer for you right there.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: That time you found a bug on a card in a booth, Oh god, and.
Speaker 3: It was on a playable card. It was on a Bolus's citadel bug dead bug printed onto the card. So that's my final thought of the MTG finance. Uh, thank the business daddies, thank the Patreon supporters, and the CCO nationalized. One more time. Let's get the hell out of here, all right, drink some more coffee?
Speaker 2: Yes, big thanks to Fusion Gaming Online dot com, the aresource for all your gaming needs where you can use special promo go CEO holiday to save yourself five percent of all the ship that you were gonna buy anyway. Stuff that will take you to Calgary, into any CEO experience and beyond.
Speaker 1: Big thanks to part of the Bones Brewing Co.
Speaker 2: Second coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as somebody who helps us put on super sweet gameplay stuff. Coming up in the new year. Be sure to check out Commander Cookout dot com at the store. We have a Black Friday sale just for you. Let Ryan know what things will be on sale and they will in fact be on sale. Nerd game Gaming, nerd gear Gaming, check them out. They have sweet ass shit into the ninety nine Rogues passage and everybody that took the time to join us in Calgary, we love you.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, and we're gonna do it again
Speaker 2: On the next exciting episode of Commander Cookout podcast bed Our sort