Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome back to the Disconnected. Here on every Thursday night for Reconnected, this time once again with my dear friend mister Daniel sib Budner.
Speaker 3: Hello, sir, Thank you Ryan, veryal a little.
Speaker 2: Great to see you again.
Speaker 3: Happening.
Speaker 2: Not everybody knows this, but some behind the scenes, Daniel is filling in at the last minute for somebody that could not make it. I'm very grateful that you could do this.
Speaker 3: My pleasure.
Speaker 2: Uh, We've got a lot to talk about this week, so much.
Speaker 3: I got a beverage. It's not alcoholic, but I feel like you need some moves. But at least I'm going to keep my my my broat lubricated because.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be You've got we've got controversies. We've got a lot of announcements from a lot of the major labels. We've got uh, fun pickups and watches, a lot of crazy things to cover tonight. But first of all, have you been since the last time you were here.
Speaker 3: I've been good, man, I've been good. We got we got some nice fall weather in New York. So fall in New York's my favorite time.
Speaker 2: I'm in that weird ten day phase here where I don't have to have the AC or the heater on, and it's amazing.
Speaker 3: My electricity bill appreciates it. You know. I just got the air purrefire back there going, and I I just leap the door to the bathroom open. I got the window. My main window is broken right now, so I gotta get some toff up air filtration thing going. But yeah, things are going well. Just I'm trying. I keep planning to have a vacation, to like have days off, and then I just keep pushing it back. It's like no, no, no, I just got to get this done and then I'll do it. And then i'll do it maybe in December, where like maybe my birthday I'll take I'll take the time off.
Speaker 2: But we'll see. I'm supposedly on a working vacation this week and family stuff keeps coming up, which does not help so lot vacation. Hey, when you have like nineteen jobs, that's kind of what you got.
Speaker 3: I know, that's just every day. I mean, I don't know how it's different from your normal.
Speaker 2: Schedule because the government doesn't ask what I'm doing when I don't talk to them for ten hours.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, So this is a vacation from your other job.
Speaker 2: To do another job that pays the bills.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got you. I got you.
Speaker 2: One thing that I do. Got to lead off with, And I don't really want to start on a downer note, but I want to give a short, little tribute moment. Friend of mine. His name was Chris Lachure. He has been a friend of mine for a good six or seven years. We met through Facebook groups. He is a huge passionate physical media fan, and this is one of those online relationships that I've never spoken to the man. I've never had a phone call with them, but we have chatted over films, you know, through messages for years. At this point, just found out that he suddenly passed away recently, and it crushed me because Chris was not much older than myself and was just working from home and something went wrong and was literally gone the same day. Did not even get to see his kids that afternoon, and it hurts somebody in this community that I've been close with. I didn't see it coming, and it's hard to lose track on Sorry, it's easy to lose track when you've got Internet friends and you talk to a thousand people every single day. But Chris has been great. He's always empathetic. He's somebody that was always there when needed. He always gave way some great pieces when he was selling stuff to other people. He was a great dude. And I just wanted to give a moment to shout him out and really just to point out to take care of yourself. His wife reached out to me and one thing she told me that I never would have known about him because of course he probably would not have admitted to this. She said, in the entire time that they were married, which they have a kid that's like about to go into college, so they were married quite a long time. The entire time they were married, he never went to the doctor. He went to urgent care a couple times. And that's it. Please take care of yourself. Make sure that you're watching out for red flags things that you should be you know able to count on in your body. If something's not working, do something about it. And I know that I've probably got some tendencies like that myself to to just keep working to not get something checked out as soon as possible. So I'm going to be doing my best in his honor to take better care of myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's not just you know, okay, if your ten fingers and toes are working, definitely, you know, yearly physical if you've got that insurance, it's you know, it's a free yearly physical. No, and now just on daily routine, take your vinmins. You know, we don't we don't get enough nutrition.
Speaker 2: So ain't that the truth? Anyways? I just wanted to give him his moment in the community. We are going to be doing some things to collect usend to his family. And on that note, for anybody watching live or listening to the podcast after I post this, I'm trying to get some people that would be willing to assist his family. If you are anywhere near Goshen, Indiana, uh and would be willing to assist somebody that I can tell. The wife that I trust, please reach out to me. He had over ten thousand physical media items and she told I didn't know this part about him. She told me he has about forty cubic feet of Funko pops that she just wants to get rid of. And at this point, I mean, you know, she's widowed, they have two kids. I would love to see the community come together to help. And I know a couple of years ago we had somebody go through a tragic emergency and everybody came together and we donated almost four thousand dollars to that family. So if anybody would like to donate, there is a PayPal donation link in my description below. Anything that comes through there for the next month, which I pretty much never get anything. So if you go through there, all of it will be going to the family for at least the foreseeable future. And anytime that I do give something to the family, it will be posted publicly so you can see how much was going gone to the family. But yeah, the big thing is they need physical help, fucking like in person, trying to see if we can get this collection sold for her, and it's it's gonna be a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's like your apartment.
Speaker 3: No, you're trying to have a genuine moment.
Speaker 2: I went to this person, Chris would have appreciated that you right, all right, well.
Speaker 3: Then if you would appreciate that, it's true and we'll get into that that the repercussions of having a small apartment later when we have discussions and you start judging me, and I tell you, why don't judge me? But yeah, anyone who's like I want to be buried with my collection, that's it's not happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course not. Let's let's get into it. Then we've got pickups recent watches. One of the big things is over the last however, long since you were on last time, you got to go into the mini Criterion closet. Why don't we talk about that for a moment.
Speaker 3: Let me grab it real fast, because I didn't post it online. I got my photo taken and the Criteria nice.
Speaker 2: The actual polaroid. Love it the polaroid.
Speaker 3: They took one as well, so they do have a copy for themselves. Yeah. No, if anyone else is in the it lives near in the New York area. I know if you tried to do it as well to over buy Lincoln Center for the New York Film Festival, Criterion for their fortieth I'm assuming everyone got the email. But they had that mobile closet mobile truck version of their closet. And let me tell you something. So it was two weekends and both we the first weekend it was a crential downboard. No one was expecting it. No one brought umbrellas, and people stood out in the rate, hundreds of people for ten hours to get into that thing. Both weekends each of Friday and Saturday and Sunday. They had to cap the line at around eleven am or noon at the latest because people got the as early as like five am and camped out, And I think they were truly floored. I met Peter who was the head of Criterion, and Sarah Baby, who's the head of the art department for the covers. They went up and down the line throughout the day, just kind of talking chatting with people, super super nice, just kind of giving people like an idea of like, we don't know if we're gonna make it to the end of the line, we're gonna get you there. We're gonna try. They were handing out the tope bags and pins and stuff and just kind of talking to people who had any questions about Criterion. Very very very sweet people, and I think they were truly floored by it. They were not expecting it to happen. They were expecting like us, like you and me to show up and be like, oh, I want to buzz and Blu rays and this was like across the board as a physical media collection. As a physical media collector to see everyone from like fourteen fifteen year old when he had the big guys at home with the san I did take three discs and I'll get to those and say I'll tell you what I got. But everything from like to like eighty nine year olds and missed the memo about when Poors went whits is exactly right. It was one of the yeah, the funky cool ones that all the kids use now because it's it's cool to use old stuff. So the so the second Saturday I had planned to go, I stood there for about three hours. Finally I had to go. I went downtown to see my mom. Was like by six o'clock. I was like, I have to go see my mom. I can't stay here any later. It's getting it's getting very dark. Earlier I was like, I'm gonna go, and Peter's the head a Criterion says, oh yeah, I'll come back, try try tomorrow. I'm like, okay, cool. I go back on Sunday after work. I get at two thirty and no lines already around the block, like we capped it. At eleven am and one of the girls was working the line for the New York Home Festival. She's helping out, and she goes, try and come back later, you know, nine o'clock, you know, like who knows. I'm like, okay, so maybe I go for a run, come back, stroll up, and she's gone, and the other guy there is just like, oh no, we really have to, like, you know, enforce the rules, like we kind of cap the line. I understand. I'm like, they told me to come back, and Dad, I'm just like, you know, I'm standing in my ground like I'm just gonna hang out. I just look at the truck and he was kind of like oh no at first, and I'm like He's like, well, let me see. And finally, like Peter, gimmes back. He tells all the people behind me who have started joining the line. He goes, yeah, we capped the line instead of that, and he goes, but you were here yesterday. You were here for three hours and I told you to come back, so let me see what I can do. And so I hang by the line and then a couple of minutes pass and he comes back and he goes, you're in. I'm like, oh, thank you so much. So he's like, yeah, I told you, I told you, I get you in so super nice of him. Uh literally, the last person going to the drug, the unofficial last person. The guy in Friend of Me was the official last person. So I got. I wish I didn't put him on the show. I wish I had known Ryan that was gonna be on the show. I would have kept him back on the show.
Speaker 2: So you've known for a couple of days. Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: You mean I guess two days whatever? I forgot that these were things I had picked up. So I got the complete Lady's Snowblood, I got Timey Up, Timey Down, and I got the Van Lewin set the two I walked up with a zombie. Yeah, so I got and I got that at four K and it was forty percent off the listing price. So all together it's like ninety dollars. It's like it's part of the experience.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I could have waited for the Barnes and Noble thing. You weren't made to buy anything there, you don't have to buy anything. I was like, you did all this, you got me in. I'll I'll do it was a fun experience. I gotta buy something, thoughts. I took something out of the Criterion closet.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's only a ten percent discount more than you would have gotten. That's another thing.
Speaker 3: And honestly, the thing is once you go in there, and it was a little wider than the actual closet, but it is overwhelming. Once you step in there, your mind just goes completely blank. You can't like you're looking around like everything is so much. You can't find titles, you're not memorizing spine numbers. You're like because you want to talk about something, just like they do on the video, and I'm like, what is this book? And the lady who was there was so sweet. She knew average, she had the list, she was going through everything. Yeah, it was just it was really very fun, Auzie. If I ever God will and get to go to the actual closet, I would plan ahead of time. I'd be like, Okay, where's this, Where's this, Where's this? So overall great experience. I smartened up the last time because I was on there. I couldn't remember anything. I have my list ready of movies I've seen. Well, you go first, I've been talking about criteria.
Speaker 2: What have you seen? Sure, I'll do recent pickups I had. I don't remember what was delaying it. I had an order in through Diabolic for three massive releases, and so I've been like twiddling my thumbs counting down the days. So finally got in bringing Out the Dead four K. This was the smallest of the three releases. Stoked on this. It's the Paramount Presents with the poster, of course, and the other two are both really huge, but of course the biggest one from this year. Finally got in the Hitcher. This thing is massive, it is heavy, it is crazy, but maybe the one I'm most excited about. Sorry to everybody that loves the Hitcher. I got in the newest Curzone set, the Peter Stick box set, and I've been wanting I think three out of the five I didn't have the old releases, but this is They do a mostly good job with these box sets. Obviously, there's some things that they mess up, like not putting captions on English film sometimes, which is not great, but everything else is pretty solid. And beyond that, I got a little bit of a discount because Jesse messaged me and said, hey, we finally got your stuff. In and we went to put in the crisone box and it's damaged and it's just this tiny little dent here, and he's like, do you still want it for a discount or should I refund you? And he's like, I'm like, I'm not gonna complain, just send it to me. So it's great. It's great again.
Speaker 3: I want to see that thing. It doesn't it doesn't even look like a physical media box set. That looks like like an Encyclopedia Britannica.
Speaker 2: Yep, that is massive. Yeah, it's pretty nice. And then obviously the Hitcher is huge to compare the two. That's for one title and this is for like six.
Speaker 3: Insane. I'm not bringing out the dead. I mean I'm glad that title got announced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's a big, big deal.
Speaker 3: And catching out to you know what I'm going about. Of course, you played them very well.
Speaker 2: I do my best. Paul got the Curzone set in the prime day sale. Nice, Eric, you got a dinged Hitcher and can't find anything wrong with it. That's how diabolic usually is he. He knows that some people are gonna complain like crazy, Uh, let's see. Yeah, the I really hope the closet tour makes it out of New York, that would be it is.
Speaker 3: I mean they're going around yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, Tony just got both of those two. Nice.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The texture of all the cursone sets are crazy. They they're it's like linen backed. It's wild.
Speaker 3: Ye really.
Speaker 2: Brian wants to know if the Curzone set has sold out. To be honest, I don't think any of the Curzone sets have sold out. I don't know that. They don't announce how limited they are. If they're limited, they just keep kind of showing up in stock. So I bet it will be back at Diabolic or Orbit soon.
Speaker 3: I never thought i'd see so many messages about polaroids.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, all right, sir. What have you been watching? Oh?
Speaker 3: What did I watch? Let's see. I really have tried to like get my money's worth with the AMC A list. I saw Saturday Night. Really enjoyed it. It's a fun movie. Everyone's been saying, yeah, but you know, you don't really get any character development, Like you don't learn about it's not what the movie is. It's just a fun time. Like if you've ever done a production of stage production and you have like opening night jitters it's just that it's a walking talk it's a it's a it's a Altman film mixed with the walking talking Aaron Sorkin. It's it's great, the editing, the way they put this movie together. You feel attention, like the anxiety, like I'm like, I don't know how you planned out this movie and wrote these real people and the people who play them. I'm not as simare with all the word. Dylan O'Brien's p Bay the closest person I know as far as actors who was on it. But like all of them, there's a guy who plays Billy Crystal, like a young Billy Crystal. I've never heard of Billy Crystal. Impersonation was spot on. It's so so it's just a fun time if you like a nice hangout like it's if you're not going to learn anything from Once Spun On Time in Hollywood, it's the same idea, like I didn't learn anything about that. It's a hangout movie. It's it's it's absolutely worth uh worth seeing. I saw We Live in Time.
Speaker 2: I'm dying to see it.
Speaker 3: Great performances not much to the movie. It's it's a tear jerker that's about it like, there's no science fiction to it. It's like that idea like it, like it, but they play it in the trailer so it's like this time swopping thing. There's no swat. It's just a story told out of order. There's no like, you know, we're here and then here, then we're here. There's none of that. It's but they're they're both amazing. You know.
Speaker 2: It's a romantic, strange darling. Then I get it.
Speaker 3: Don't get me start with I'm gonna started on film. I saw, of course Megalopolis next, uh that the movie is I Meangel again. We've talked about on here with some people. If you like it, that's great. I'm glad you saw a different movie than I did. I just was even I love someone going with their vision. I just didn't even go along with the vision, you know, even the visuals, like sometimes when it was like practical stuff, are you shooting it? Like stuff in New York, I was like, oh, that's a cool visual, But a lot of the stuff on the background was like episode one c G I and I just it just felt like Jupiter sending to me. I saw My Old Ass, which was a fun movie, but not what you think it's gonna be. It's really kind of like a Nicholas Sparks movie, right anything man loving megalopolizard loving loving and that's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not up on all the symbols, all the all the arrows.
Speaker 2: It is the greater than symbol.
Speaker 3: Without the bonus. I think we did do the bonus, but I wasn't looking. I was an IMAX, and I I don't know if that, like, yeah, may have the the projector I don't know. I think we did, but I don't know if there was someone actually pretending to write down the answers from his interview.
Speaker 2: Do you know about this? I do? Uh yeah, I'm not sure how that was working everywhere.
Speaker 3: I wasn't even looking for it, so I and I'm hot. I'm like, I'm I, I go to the back with with with IMAX so I get as centered as possible. So I wasn't even looking for it. I was just like, what am I still watching? I saw Salem's Lot on HBO, and that needs to be avoided at all costs.
Speaker 2: It's true, I really wanted it to be good.
Speaker 3: You know, the thing is is that it's such a simple vampire story. And that's like what else are you gonna do with it? Like it's really like if you look at Vampire Stories now from when that came out, you're like Midnight Midnight Master did it better. Yeah, as far as a visual, So like I'm not debating. I'm a I'm a Stephen King fan till the end, but I'm just happy.
Speaker 2: Opera.
Speaker 3: Pausa's so much. Oh Aubrey Plaza, She's she and Shila a buff are in a completely different movie and they're they're giving it. They're all they are worth seeing where vera pauses. Okay, I do know it's like during there's like a press conference, right, someone comes out and does it. But I was, I was, I did think. I was like, why is he on a lower part of the screen, this giant Imax thing watching them vomiting? It's not it doesn't even do that. What doesn't do is vomiting. Is I did a back to back of Terrifier two at home and Terrifier three in the theater and I didn't It's it's gross, but it's so it's clearly fake, right, So it's just so over the top, and it's like I I can easily do Terrifier more than I can do saw self self inflicted wounds. I can't do like the last Saw the thing with the thigh with the let like I could not do that.
Speaker 2: It's such a good scene.
Speaker 3: I was gagging. I can't do that because then you can mentally like imagine yourself doing it. Whereas it's like Art the Clown, It's just like this is so ridiculous. Like skin doesn't tear like that, bones don't just snap off, Like that's just not how things work. So it's like your buying just kind of makes believe. It's like, yeah, that's fake. Like I can watch old old like European horse over the cutting limbs off. I'm like that's fake. That's a fake one, right. But Arth the Clown is just I feel like they should just do an animated terrifier.
Speaker 2: It would be great because he's.
Speaker 3: Basically like the Minions without going.
Speaker 4: Like like like a Pink Panther type style of just or like a before the movie do like in one of those like five minute animated shorts or Art the Clown, you know, I think that'd be it.
Speaker 3: I think that would be Look, I'm an I'm an Art the Clown apologist. I'm still saying you should just be nicer to him. Everyone.
Speaker 2: You got to see the first one.
Speaker 3: Everyone that is nice to Art the clown. He does not hurt, and then the moment people turn on him and start screaming in his face, he starts killing people. Just don't be mean to him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess.
Speaker 3: Real fast, because I know we have a long show. I'll just hold up my pile here and people can. I'll just hold it up for enough for people to see. But I've picked up.
Speaker 2: I love the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Amazon, you know.
Speaker 2: Two for threes is that jawbreaker?
Speaker 3: Jawbreaker? Yes, I'm going to pay.
Speaker 2: I'm unwilling to buy kinds of kindness. Yeah, yet you're unwilling. Yeah. I feel like it'll get something better someday. Maybe oh better version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, because I got the price very lower on deep Discount. It's much lower. It's not thirty. But and then this one at the bottom here I got through academy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that one you sent the picture of night ye.
Speaker 3: Would translated to The Devil's Girls. And apparently it has great a great review, and it's not. It's only it's only available for like a lot more online. So I was like I'll take a chance on it. Also, and I haven't opened yet. I literally got it when I came home tonight.
Speaker 2: You know what that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, I've never gotten this where it's like the Warner Brothers low like it's actually like directly from.
Speaker 2: Them, special box for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they keep doing this with every Nightmare title, I would be on board. I don't think they will. I don't think they're gonna put as much time and effort into like dream Child, but I would be all for it or a box set. I want to pour Things four K so bad? Isn't there a Poor Things four K Overseas?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 3: No, I'm sure they will. I could see. I could see Poor Things going to Criterion honestly.
Speaker 2: I mean theoretically, Yeah, it'd be your.
Speaker 3: Most lathemost in Criterion.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is not yet.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's shocking. This is like you'd think like the favorite or.
Speaker 2: It's all it's mostly been a. I think it's almost all A twenty four so far.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought Fox has some of.
Speaker 2: It, only the last couple, only the last couple. Okay, yeah, okay, so reason watches for myself. Uh, it's been it's been a weird week. I watched for the first time as a thirty seven year old Halloween Town, the Disney Channel original movie. Uh, never saw it ever in my life?
Speaker 3: Did it before?
Speaker 2: Podcast recording that will be coming out the next like twenty four to forty eight hours over on the Culture, asked with my friend Chris Dashu, and Uh, that was not a great movie when you're watching it with no nostalgia for it. It was pretty bad. Sorry for everybody that's gonna hate me. The next thing, Uh, I watched it's right here. I watched Bad Lieutenant, and I thought that I had seen this when I was younger, and I definitely did not see this. This was a very different movie.
Speaker 3: I have not seen it yet, so.
Speaker 2: I didn't love it. Harvey Kitel is great, but just it's one of those uh able for ours that's weird and not not super engaging for me at least. I didn't care about anybody, uh they. I mean, I don't want to give any spoilers, so I could say a lot, but it's just a it's just a weird one, not what I was expecting. Yeah, you definitely see some hog in that.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite for our film.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, that is probably a fairly close tie between the addiction and maybe Miss forty five mm.
Speaker 3: Hmmm. Have you ever seen his uh invasion with Bidas Snatchers?
Speaker 2: I this is another one. It's been so long I think I did. I'm not entirely sure it's Gabrielle on War. Probably not, there's so many Forest Whitaker movies.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Anyway, you should there is really good that when I saw back when I was younger, I'll had a major crush on Gabriell and War as everyone did back in the day. But it's really truly terrifying. It's still it still holds up like there's a moment. This isn't like a spoiler because at some point that bias Statchers beef, someone does this. I'm shocked. When this happens in the movie, the score kicks in and it is just the sound is just it still gets under my skin when it happens.
Speaker 2: What if After all that, I said, my favorite ferrara is Padre Pio.
Speaker 3: With Shilah buff and the one that just came the one that just came out. His latest one are just weird, like ones and zeros and stuff like that or it was like yeah, it's like like reason zero something like that with Ethan Hawk looking at his myself right now from him. I have seen his Chelsea on the Rocks. I have seen his Chelsea Hotel documentary, which was which was good, uh dangerous game with Madonna. Do you see that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all right, total nineties. It's like clear like King of New York is total nineties, and I don't love it. It's it's decent, but it's not like I don't see why it's revered as much as it is by so many people.
Speaker 3: Well it's pray. I think it's also like a very all the time, like very sure for to have an entire primarily black cast. Yeah, you've got I think is it Larry is it when he was back when he was Larry Fishburn, wasn't.
Speaker 2: It uh somewhere around then? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah and he Yeah, so that was one of his first first roles. You have a lot of people in that film. And of course I think it's just the fact, like certain like Mafia movies, just just his it's almost scarface adjacent. Yeah, it's a little like Christopher Walking gets into that little like oh hey yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh the last thing I watched over this last week that I can talk about. I also saw Terrifier three. Went to the theater with the wife and I walked out of the theater and she asked me what I thought, and I said, well, I think these movies are not for me. And it's not the there. I'm not saying that they're awful. Like, the special effects are very well done, very happy to see what they could get done and show in the theater. I'm very stoked that a super gory, splatter horror movie is the number one film across the US and theaters. That's crazy. That being said, the movie wasn't good, Like I did not like pretty much anything about it. I the characters don't mean anything to me. The brothers acting is pretty atrocious. The story is not even. It doesn't even reach certain levels to qualify as a story.
Speaker 3: Brother he and the brother from from Dussel Dawn need a team up. Seriously.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, this was I mean, obviously, there are two really great scenes, the opening scene and then the chef're seeing that everybody's talking about. These two are pretty gnarly to see in a mainstream horror movie going across the world. In theaters and everything. That's great. Well, man, I h I really wanted something more to it. That's all right. They don't have to be for me. I'm glad so many people love them.
Speaker 3: The plot is completely incomprehensive. I don't like, I don't know what's going on, and I understand he's unraveling it as we go along, but it's not a TV show, so I have no I'm like I told you. I was like, should I have watched the first one to figure out? And You're like, no, they don't tell you anything. I'm like, okay, it's like should I know her father was? Should I know this? I think now because we had spoken about the other day. I think one of the things UH feeling is that the thing for me that was missing. There's no camaraderie other than her family. There's like any splatter pictures you always have the college kids going to a party. There's that give and take of like the kids are at the party getting drunk and getting laid, or is like I have to babysit the kids, or there was there's some other sub story, and this sub story is so dark where it's just she's just terrible, is terrible and great glads exactly, it's a great look. You want to watch the highlights and just bring someone over me. You're like, hey, you want to watch someone get you know, chopped in hat, like was watch it? But like there's no there's no light fun. In fact, Arthur Clown has the darkest and the most humor, like it's always best when he's on screen, right, And the rest of the family is just like depressed, like the the whole the whole time, and honestly, like the I think, I don't know what if there's like a through line with like the family having some kind of mental issues. But if one thing is that they have a condition that I'm gonna call going to eleven, they all the cousin, the uncle, the wife is must have been moved through like trans transfused through bombly fluids or something, because they're all going to an eleven. When they get mad, they get mad at full volume and just spazz out like they are they done away in Mommy Dearest, when they are just like yeah, except when Arthur con shows up and then they're all they have nothing to say.
Speaker 2: I genuinely think Terrifier two is probably about fifty seven minutes too long, and then Terrifier three was about forty two minutes too long.
Speaker 3: I think there should have been more Christmas kills. He didn't utilize Christmas stuff enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Santa scene at the mall was pretty on point. That was a really great way to set him up.
Speaker 3: But no, no Christmas, no jingle balls, no like nothing, nothing at all. No ornaments, no top of the you know, top of the star at the top of the tree or saying you know. But they have a Terrifier three Christmas song, a Terrifier Christmas. So it's like I felt like he wanted to go even further, and then they just didn't let him do it right. Intentionally, they stand if they're going where I think they're gonna go at the next one, I'll be a little bit more on board because then I'm like, okay, But if I were, if I had been in this since all hou was eve and I just been like, what's happening.
Speaker 2: Silent Mandable says Terrifier one was also over long, and it's less than ninety minutes. Well, I mean there was no plot in Terrifying.
Speaker 3: Like that's the thing. It's like, really just I don't care if it's like a bunch of like horny teams. It's like with bad acting, just being like, come on, babe, I thought we could just go down to the lake, like just give me something. So they're like, uh uh, someone's gonna die, like give me something.
Speaker 2: On that note, we'll hear later on tonight what Sibnard wants to see in a movie. Because we're gonna be making our own boutique labels, that is our discussion tonight after the announcements. We're gonna be doing everything from naming the label to talking about our titles, how many sales we're gonna have per year. We're just gonna be like RPG in this for a while and hanging out having a discussion about what is better than what and why. One thing I do want to point out over this last week, there has been a rash of other people on YouTube and Facebook and everywhere saying all of a sudden, oh my god, new Line is putting out all of the Nightmare and Elm Street films on four K, and it is the worst thing that I've seen in so long, because everybody is just making it up. There's no rumors, there's no there's no point to think that they're going to be doing it. It's just somebody went out on a limb and said it's gonna happen, and then like nine other people made videos and suddenly it's spreading like wildfire. No one is saying that all of them are coming out on four K.
Speaker 3: Here's what I'll say. I don't appreciate the clickbait crazy, but I get and they're like, we gotta have someone click on the video. Is this it's happening. It's happening if they led with the idea like look, this is what I found out because I watched the videos as annoying as they can be to relay to you what's going on these goobers.
Speaker 2: But that's they are.
Speaker 3: Because they act like it's like, oh my god, like between them and the stock market people, it's just like, gosh, it's happening, right if they say that, like, look, this director posted a photo from Warner Brothers lot and she's the director of phrase that at the Final Nightmare, and she's remastering it and saying, hey, look, this is a clear indicator that this might be happening. Why else would she be doing you know exactly. Yeah, the first time I was always testing the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the.
Speaker 3: Lead with that, it's like, okay, cool update, Hey, cool new indicators that this might be happening. Of course, no one's ever going to make a a YouTube. Still on the phrase like might be.
Speaker 2: Happening, especially of video following that that's eighteen minutes long exactly.
Speaker 3: But like, look, there was another guy who was like the other day saying, how like Criterions knocking Barnes Normals isn't caring Criterion movies anymore, and it's completely not true. It was his own personal experience, and like, I'm sorry that guy had that experience, but it's not an official thing, and it may its not like an official thing.
Speaker 2: So well, on that note, one thing we can say it it does appear Target is likely dropping them from all pretty much every single store, most stores in the US, all physical media. They are replacing them, funny enough, with vinyl pretty much everywhere. Sadly, vinyl is selling better in stores than films at Target, and that has led them to do that. But that is for another moment when we get a press release, because otherwise there's nothing to report on.
Speaker 3: But we got wanting it, I get wanting it, but it's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, we had a lot to talk about tonight, you had one more topic you wanted to bring up.
Speaker 3: I think, oh, is this the time I get to do it?
Speaker 2: This is a good time.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I had this plan for hopefully when I didn't know I was gonna be doing this, I was gonna have some time to plan ahead. But because Ryan got me at the last thing, and I had like literally like a day or two to put it together. So let least you can get my notes up here. I present to you loaded in here on Wednesday. Okay, I present to you the very first Disconnected mad Lives. I'm gonna have your answer these real fast. You can play in the chat, so give give Ryan suggestions all ready?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I need a number. Give me a number of folks. We'll go one seventeen just because nobody's answering super fast.
Speaker 3: One and seventeen. Okay, give me one second, seventeen.
Speaker 2: I hope that's a spy spine number and not a price.
Speaker 3: Uh, give me a holiday?
Speaker 2: Oh that, I'll let the chat figure that one out. What's a holiday everybody wants? Disconnected mad libs is a fun idea? Halloween? Well, that's pretty obvious.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you want to go with Halloween?
Speaker 2: I mean the first two set three out of four said Halloween. So let's go with Halloween. Halloween it is okay?
Speaker 3: I need I need an adjective.
Speaker 2: Adjective. Let's go with flesh textured.
Speaker 3: Okay? Oh man, okay, all right, all right, I need a percentage.
Speaker 2: A percentage. Let's let's go to the chat on that one. Since I skipped the first number, first one, I see, give me a percentage. I love that it's people saying arbor day, thanks Ritchie. Oh my god, Craig says point zero zero one percent all right, I'll get.
Speaker 3: My points here. Do I not see a period of point?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Zero zero one?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Al right, we have toy.
Speaker 2: I all right, I need two more adjectives, two more adjectives. Chat. You can give me one and I'll come up with the other one. Uh, the other one, let's go with uh? What should I go with? Uh? Embossed steel or no, that's now in bost Let's go.
Speaker 3: With in boss Okay, and then the next one. I'll wait for the chat.
Speaker 2: We get we got a lot of moist. We're gonna go. We're going with moist. Yep, three people said moist.
Speaker 3: All right, I would like uh an obscure movie title?
Speaker 2: Obscure movie title? Uh, that is a great question. Who wants to come up with the most obscure? I love that? Ronnie saying why are we all saying?
Speaker 3: Ronnie, you've been in the chat this long, you should not be surprised by moist. This is the moistest chat room ever.
Speaker 2: Craig says, anything deaf crocodile.
Speaker 3: Craig, give me one of your titles.
Speaker 2: Let's go with the next one that pops up. Funny enough, it was a deaf crocodile title. Matt House says, Tamala twenty ten.
Speaker 3: Okay, on pre.
Speaker 2: Order now from Diabolic, dvdat Deaf crocodile dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just speak clear. This is not about Diabolic, not about deaf crocodile.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I need a video format, physical media format.
Speaker 2: We have to go with a laser disc here.
Speaker 3: I think. Okay, okay, uh. I need a style packaging, physical media packaging.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. Let's go with padded media book.
Speaker 3: All right, this works, all right. I need three types of special features.
Speaker 2: All right, chat, that's all you special features. I'll do one of the three. Okay, I'm gonna say VH one pop up video commentary on pop.
Speaker 3: Up video commentary, Yes, my god, Okay, okay, we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna go with bluepers slash gag.
Speaker 3: Reel okay, and then one.
Speaker 2: More, one more, let's go only ship Craig. That is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Craig is not pulling punches.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Craig says Roman numeral dis numbers. We're gonna talk about that in a little while. Let's go with isolated score.
Speaker 3: I like I said, good old twilight time.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Roman numerals. He went there. Oh that was amazing. Okay, I need uh oh, animated menus. That's a good one too.
Speaker 3: Hey, Okay, so we need name a director.
Speaker 2: Name a director. Uh, let's I mean, we just talked about him. Let's go able for our.
Speaker 3: I need an actor.
Speaker 2: Uh. At that point we probably should say Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 3: My god, sady with me. I need a composer, Howard.
Speaker 2: Sure, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Very very Cronenberg related. And any subject matter, any subject.
Speaker 2: Matter, any subject from the chat. We'll go with the chat for this.
Speaker 3: One, any subject matter.
Speaker 2: How many more blanks we got left?
Speaker 3: Uh, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight, they were.
Speaker 2: Too bad child psychologist. All right, it's either that or I kind of I kind of want to go to Terry's because it's misspelled. He said, Brian surgery.
Speaker 3: Which one do you want?
Speaker 2: This is your chat. We got to do child psychology.
Speaker 3: Give me a number.
Speaker 2: Uh the number is eleven eleven.
Speaker 3: Okay, um something there.
Speaker 2: We've already been in the show for forty five minutes and we have so many now it is amazing. I could be like, will I just keep uh?
Speaker 3: Well, the other day I was making it, he just cut me out.
Speaker 2: I didn't do anything to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, something just flipped over. That was so weird.
Speaker 2: I think change my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something popped up in my thing. Anyway, give me another number.
Speaker 2: Uh, chat, one more number, Terry said, a very spinal tap of you. Oh yes, eleven twenty seven. Paul says twenty seven twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody's still in sync. Two people said six six to six immediately.
Speaker 3: I need three articles of clothing.
Speaker 2: Ooh uh left crock left crock okay, yep, okay, Michael Jackson glove, Michael jack sending glove and a backpack.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's always. I need a dollar amount.
Speaker 2: The dollar amount is going to be sixty nine nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, see if he comes back around.
Speaker 2: Rock, we're all moist double worshipers like guy. All Right, I need a.
Speaker 3: I need a period of time, like a number of days, weeks, months.
Speaker 2: However, Uh, let's go with between one two seven years.
Speaker 3: Okay? Uh? So for so you want to say one or something not not the I need like a period, so one year or seven years? What do you want?
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it's like a shipping time, so I'm gonna say it will ship somewhere between one and seven years. Not so I need a number. Damn it with my Matlin man. Uh four score for a score, thanks Reggie.
Speaker 3: Uh. And now another period of time.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna go with nine and a half weeks.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice, all right. Finally, uh, I need an adverb.
Speaker 2: Uh infinitely. I'm gonna steal the stand was saying with infinity and just say infinitely.
Speaker 3: Okay. And now finally three more adjectives.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Uh, let's go with uh shiny shinyy, what is it? Goopy goopy? Okay, yep, I just think of the screen factory cases there and then uh, one more adjitive from the chat. You guys get the last one. Sluggish. I like that one sluggish.
Speaker 3: I know something in the chat said that four score is eighty days. Yes, do you want me to say four score eighty days? Oh?
Speaker 2: Definitely say four score?
Speaker 3: You have Okay, Okay, okay, that suggious.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're ready, Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, the very first disconnected mad libs. We're only one hundred and seventeen days away from our annual Halloween sale. If you've already pre ordered one of our titles, congratulations on the making the flesh texture decision of your of this year so far. For those unfamiliar with our sale, here are a few things you should know. Most of our titles will be marked down point zero zero one percent. Also with that, we have some totally embossed and moist surprise titles to share with you, one of which we can reveal to be Tamala twenty ten, which will make its laser disk debut for the first time. How's in a pack?
Speaker 2: That would be true too?
Speaker 3: How's in a padded media book and supporting a brand new restoration. This release will include VH one pop up video commentary, bloopers, isolated score and interviews with Abel for our Mark Wahlberg, Howard Shore discussing child psychology.
Speaker 2: Listening to Mark Wahlberg discussed childs in college.
Speaker 3: You know got genene, well, you know the guide them. Along with our eleven partner label releases, we will also be premiering twenty seven all Legacy slipcovers branded the Left Crocs, Michael Jackson gloves and backpacks. As always, our sixty nine nine nine free shipping threshold is in effect. They will last for four score, so expect delivery times to take up to nine and a half weeks. If you have any questions, please direct them to customer service, who will infinitely help you. We hope to see you there for all the fun and excitement. For a hint of those mystery titles, Let's just say that they will satisfy your lust for the shiny, goopy and sluggish that our label has to offer.
Speaker 2: See you then, signed. Never mind, I'm not gonna say the joke. Whatever. Amazing Rodney Ronnie says, maybe Wahlberg finally figured out why committed all those hate crimes when he was a team Yeah, that could be why. All right, that was pretty hilarious. Let's get into our announcements before we absolutely lose it. We are starting with some keynotes. Move Keno announced December tenth they are putting out Pray for Death from nineteen eighty five and Rage of Honor from nineteen eighty six. These are both gonna come with the new commentary by Mike Leader. Mike Leader, friend of the channel. He is the one that usually does these with Arna Venoma. They are getting the unrated and R rated version of Pray for Death, and then we've got a bunch of legacy features that were on I believe the previous Arrow release of these, So we are looking at some pretty solid, solid releases. If you are into these and do not have the previous Blue.
Speaker 3: Are you telling me Ryan that he labeled the time to put out two different cuts of a film.
Speaker 2: Yes, but neither one of them are in four case nobody cares.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I'm just saying the list is no longer short.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah, these look good and I do not have the Arrow release. I don't think of either one, so yeah, looks like a good one. Going to our next one. This is interesting. I had to censor it. November thirtieth, on Blu Ray. In the US, Treasured Films is releasing Reality Killers from two thousand and five. They are doing this through Diabolic DVD. This is a limited slipcover version exclusive to Diabolic DV DVD in North America. Now what's interesting here is this one was essentially a lost film and we hear a little bit about this through an interview with Eugenio or Kalani, who's just on film blogger Sam's channel, who's a friend of the show. Everybody needs to go check out that interview, and just for a heads up, I also just had no idea that he was interviewing Jennio. I interviewed you Jennio again. That'll be coming up in the next couple of weeks, and we had a little more information on Reality Killers. This is pretty crazy. This is supposed to be a pretty good movie, but it feels like something that probably feels a little older than two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: It looks two thousands. Fuck, I'll be honest with.
Speaker 2: You, Like, yeah, the visual sure, but like the story and what happened with it being almost a lost film definitely feels more nineteen eighty five. But the reality of this pun on the title there is that they could not release this in the UK, so they said, well, we get the rights, let's do it in the US where the BBFC will not deny us.
Speaker 3: It looks like a soov is it sov.
Speaker 2: I based on the timing, I would imagine, So I'm not entirely sure. Okay, let me see if it says because.
Speaker 3: The cover the slipcase does not resemble the inner like it's two It looks like two different movies.
Speaker 2: Yep, kind of a lot of it. Yeah, it does not say Yeah, not sure, Okay, anybody knows, let me know. Yeah, you can pre order that from Diabolic. Now, yeah, this is very early to be speaking on this. So put up a new video on the channel last week on Friday, I think it was, and it is an almost thirty minute essentially a documentary about Toby Hooper and it is told by many of the people that worked on American Twilight. The Cinema of Toby Hooper, which is a book that dear friend Will Dotson edited with Chris Wifter, and we got a lot of people that contributed to the book. We even got mister Joe Bob Briggs to hopy and give some thoughts on Toby Hooper really proud of the work that was done on this. I think it's incredibly edited. But some other things, if you have not watched that, that are important in this Someone's Favorite Productions is in the middle of doing a lot of things right now, so if you want to stay up to date on that, make sure you subscribe on YouTube to us there and then follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and all that fun stuff. We also just launched our own website. If you over to Someone's Favorite Productions dot com you can check out the full website. I'm pretty happy with it. There's a lot of stuff that I wanted to add in the future, but you can say there. You can subscribe to the email newsletter. There's gonna be a lot coming up. I hope that you guys check it out. Because we're in the middle of a lot of projects. I can say that, that's for sure. Did you happen to watch the video?
Speaker 3: Which video?
Speaker 2: Toby Hooper video?
Speaker 3: I did? I did not? Is there a video? Is there a link that I missed something?
Speaker 2: It came out last Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh yeah, I'm sorry, I did not. I did not.
Speaker 2: That's all right. I hope everybody that has watched it, likes it, and uh, well we'll talk more about that soon probably next time will's on here. But we are getting maybe the most important announcement here. Uh Keino Lover sometime soon will be releasing Babe on four K. This is the nineteen ninety five pig movie, Babe on four K. That's that's a big deal. I think a lot of people are gonna be happy about that.
Speaker 3: Well, I think is this is this the time that we can talk about the keynote developments as of late?
Speaker 2: Yes, but I also want to point out one thing before you say that somebody said in the chat pig in the city or nothing. I do want to point out that on Saturday, when only this was announced, I did call my shot and say, I bet that gets announced tomorrow. So just so we know, I can tell you what's getting announced by Kino, I guess I know it all.
Speaker 3: Did they announce the Pig in the city.
Speaker 2: They did. We'll talk about that in just a minute though.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, again, I don't know how this benefit. It's Keino to do this because if anyone hasn't heard, you know, they cancel loss in translation. And I don't know if it's a physicial but they've said on their pod that it's pretty much like close to canceling Lockstock and two Smoke and Barrels. And honestly, this is just two titles out of the many that had coming soon put on there. We did get most of those. Obviously, there's some stuff they've mentioned that is still ending. But I don't know. I understand building anticipation, but when you have an unknown period of time and you have like when it's situations where like we can't get in contact with the person who has the negative, you know, not to stay like you know, we're working on we're in the midst of working on it. You haven't talked to the director yet, who needs to approve the print. So I just don't know where that this helps them, do you do you have an insight into that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it helps them because it keeps people talking about them. That's probably the only way. And obviously now that we you know, have weekly and really from Keno daily announcements, the thing that I don't understand is you are opening yourself up for just complaints on every single post. So even if you post some amazing title releases in two months, here's the release date and all the details. There's going to be four people in the comments saying, sure, but where is lost in translation? And that just doesn't work like that, Like you probably should find a better way to plan things out and make choices that people can rely on. I mean, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I'll see that. I mean, Keno as far as turnaround, as far as putting titles out, has more than any other label. Sure, just every day there and it's like it is a detailed title, is a title that comes out in.
Speaker 2: A week or two weeks yep.
Speaker 3: So it's like, why do you need to do this coming soon a year from now? Because you at this point, it's like every day you're you're you're making It's like like today it was Infernal Affairs. It's like we're gonna talk about it. It's like you have something to talk about. So why do you shoot yourself in the foot by doing this? I just don't know why. That's almost like if you if I told you, oh, if I suggested, like, well, why doesn't vinegar syndrome just you know, tell people you know coming soon, you know, this movie, this obscure movie. And you're like, because then if they don't get it right, they're gonna get complaints. Like if anyone, if ifs ay Keino didn't do that, like no one did the Coming Soon thing, and I, as a fan, said, why don't they do this? Anyone would look at me and go because that would be a dumb move, right because any they could you know, basically, it's like you're jinxing yourself, like something.
Speaker 2: Could go wrong, and it has multiple times.
Speaker 3: And that's why most companies are just like praying that. You know, certain a holes on the internet don't leak their title from coming out because they want to surprise people. So I don't know why this one company is like, let's tell people before we had any of our ducks in a row where we're doing. Then, you know, dedicated fans. I've seen it happen in person. Go out places like Academy here in New York, and they sell their old disc the most mindy. It's like, oh, I'm selling and Keno's putting it out and then it gets canceled, Like shit, I sold my copy of Wilson Translation.
Speaker 2: Look how many people did that with the title. We're going to talk about some controversies with right, oh that being said, Babe is a great movie, will look beautiful and I'm sure a lot of people will be very very happy.
Speaker 3: I just want to point out Ryie said that because I haven't watched it yet. Is that the most recent shelf Space YouTube levestyear Frank Frank you know said things were moving forward? Right, So he did say that thing there was progressing. That was the last one that I watched. I know he just dropped one today or yesterday, and he.
Speaker 2: Just sent an email today saying one is coming soon. That's not the newest one.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So the one from before.
Speaker 2: From like three or four weeks ago is the last one.
Speaker 3: Yes, gets it? This the lost translation stuff dropped after that video did, so I don't Again, Ryan, I appreciate that. I just don't know of the Chicken of the Egg, which one's great as a try to get title. I get that, dude, McMahon. My My only gripe is like and to play that was advocate for you is that I don't want people getting their hopes up and then just being like damn it, like you told me you're gonna put it out and now it's not happening. And if people weren't complaining before they're gonna complain now.
Speaker 2: Uh Keino. This one we had announced as coming soon at some point. They are now revealing that December seventeenth, we'll see the four K release of Snake Eyes. This is the Nicholas Cage film that a lot of people hate.
Speaker 3: Let's let's do a special feature is Ryan. Let's let's zoom in on those those pep This is gonna take a while.
Speaker 2: To read these new audio commentary with Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson. Okay, that's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's it animated menus?
Speaker 2: Uh maybe no, definitely not.
Speaker 3: I did you see this movie?
Speaker 2: Uh? I don't think I have.
Speaker 3: I'm the team of Will Dotson is what I am?
Speaker 2: Will team move? Oh man, that's I'm also a sucker frame think cagez PAM totally agree.
Speaker 3: The first twenty minutes of this movie is great. That single shot is great, and it just spirals out of control like a Walmart dress. It's just like just unraveled, like there's no connective tissue. For me.
Speaker 2: I just I love DePalma, So I know I'm gonna like this one when I eventually see it.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, you've ever seen it?
Speaker 2: I don't think I have.
Speaker 3: I have a I'll tell you off camera. I have a weird sort of history of this movie.
Speaker 2: But anyway interesting.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, that's the PayPal or pay per view. You have to pay for that information.
Speaker 2: All right. Uh More. Keno Monty Wallace from nineteen seventy is coming on Blu Ray on December seventeenth. We got a new audio commentary by the Lee Marvin biographer Dwayne Epstein, and I kind of point out somebody somebody on Facebook that I posted this comments and said, a new audio commentary by Lee Marvin. What the hell? They literally were so lazy they didn't finish reading the lie?
Speaker 3: Is that body being brought out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, go ahead, not much say Bo Hopkins also win this, Jack Palance. I mean, I like you.
Speaker 3: I'm just not a big Western person. And I've already said that before.
Speaker 2: So you know, Brian says this movie is not good, and Will says, but Monty Walsh is better than Snake Eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Clear, you can see from the post. I did like it, but that's only because I support Ryan. Uh More.
Speaker 2: Keno The Beast Within from nineteen eighty two is coming as number twenty two on the Keno Cult line. This has a total of no new special features, but the big thing that a lot of people are going to appreciate. The Screen Factory release of this did not have any subtitles, and this release will For many people that is reason enough to upgrade. But for many others, the Keno Cult line seemed to be a line that they wanted to get more out of, but it seems like a lot of them are just turning into reprints of stuff that recently went out of print. Which I'm not against those titles coming back into print. Obviously, I was, you know, you're making this line special, and a lot of the earlier titles they announced on it were like loaded with special features. Yeah, it would have been nice to have that continue on that line. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: It feels like some other lines that are necessary what they claim to be, you know what I mean. It's just I do like and I look, I looked into this movie and it looks like it's up my alley. I like that type of like you know the beast, you know the monster things. It's kind of like an allegory for something and does start. Ronnie Cox, the biggest doucheback from RoboCop.
Speaker 2: So a big deal. Yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 3: One of those things. It's gonna be ten dollars on a sale or something.
Speaker 2: I'll pick it up, all right. Next one from them, December tenth, they're putting out Rhythm Thief from nineteen ninety four. This one, says, winner of the Best Director Prize at the ninety five Sundance Film Festival Best Dramatic Feature at south By Southwest. Rhythm Thief has been restored in four K to its gritty black and white glory from the sixteen millimeter camera Negatives. Jason Andrews is Simon and New York City bootlegger who sells stolen music on the streets of Manhattan's Lower east Side Ludlow Street. Chick Sid who has a real job, meets Simon on weekday mornings for sex. Life is good for Simon until the day he rips off. One. Nine hundred b o x X, a militant all girl punk band fronted by real life rocker Cynthia Slay of the Blush Tetras or Sorry Bush tetras Uh. The band comes after Simon Trance's as would be sidekick Fuller and ultimately hands him out of the city with Marty, a girl from his past in tow. After a period of exile and far rockaway, Simon is drawn back to the neighborhood for a final showdown. This gets an audio commentary by the director, deleted scenes, making of doc out takes, and some pre production footage.
Speaker 3: This cover art is just boggling my mind because it's a black and white film with the color cover that looks like it's like advertising a stage play on Broadway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 3: Like that looks like a young Skeet Alrich and a young Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 2: I definitely see Reefs Skeet, maybe not as much, but okay, yeah, it just.
Speaker 3: It doesn't none of that. None of what you red screams anything like this cover doesn't scream anything of that.
Speaker 2: Either way, it sounds fun. Glad this is getting released. Glad Keynot is doing some of the indie gyms from the nineties lately. That is not something that a lot of other labels are focusing on. So good on them. Uh. We are getting a Sony release of The Bloodship way back from nineteen twenty seven. This is coming on December third, and uh, I am so surprised that Sony has put so much into these super old titles over the last few months. I'm glad they keep coming.
Speaker 3: It's just so over the place because I'm just like, all right, Sony, like, what's your rhyme or reason too it?
Speaker 5: It's like, right, Steel Book four K, random movie the Bloodshed.
Speaker 2: If they start doing Steel Book four k's of the Bloodship from twenty seven, what I'm It's like, who we got other problems?
Speaker 3: Like who wants to want blindfold into our chives. Let's slimmer around three times, send them down the island. Whatever your finger lands on, we're going to restore.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. Yeah. Next up, we've got film Masters putting out Salt of the Earth from nineteen fifty four. This is coming as part of their limited edition line, which means it will have the full color inserted booklet with an essay as well as a commentary. And these are pressed, by the way. The commentary this one is by c. Courtney, Joiner, Mark Leagan and Fef Sutton. This sounds really great. Salt of the Air centers on a long, difficult worker strike against a mining company in New Mexico. Ramon Quintero fights for equity of wages as well as health and safety issues, but at home he mistreats his wife, Esperanza. When the men are forced to end their picketing, Esperanza joins the other women who demand to play a role in the strike against their husband's wishes. Written, directed, and produced by members of the original blacklisted Hollywood ten, this is the type of like anarchy film. But I'm dying to see this sounds freaking great.
Speaker 3: I read up on this and it's app is something I'd be intrigued by it, especially the fact that it was a something that got blacklisted, you know, because of that horrible time in our country's history. Yeah, no, absolutely, the reviews have been through the roof that I read.
Speaker 2: Nice. Next from that same limited edition line is Ginger in the Morning from nineteen seventy four. This one is with Susan Oliver and Sissy Spasic, even as Fred Ward and Slim pickens in this one. This is one that I've never seen, but gotta love Sissy Spasic for sure.
Speaker 3: Doesn't get enough love here, that doesn't. I just looked it up recently. I have I have no no, I've never seen it, but you know, it's one of those Sissy's basic films that I'm not familiar. I'm wondering when this what year is this?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 3: So this is hope. This is just around Carrie Carry Carrie seventy five. Yep, says around the time. Okay, hey we have.
Speaker 2: Then we got some Imprint announcements. All of these are coming on January eighth. All of them are Blu ray titles. First one is Walk Like a Dragon from nineteen sixty. This will have a new audio commentary by Toby Rohn, Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Q and A with Nancy Kwan and some trailers. Not much say about this one. Again, not my style of film, but glad it's getting out there. The big thing is this is a brand new four K scan which, because they're they're advertising that, I'm glad that it's coming out. It's not something that Imprint gets to say all too often.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which studio put this out? This says Paramount.
Speaker 2: I think so probably they've been doing a lot at the very bottom yep, yep, yeah, very very clear there. Yeah, why do like a Dragon? Really? That?
Speaker 3: Possibly that this little like a Kino title.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely like I just.
Speaker 3: Feel like this is gonna eventually pop up in the this is I don't know what that means well.
Speaker 2: Either, Terry says, curious that they are not putting a number of those limited editions from film masters. Definitely interested in both. In the next that is being teased on the website. Yeah, as soon as I get a date on that last one, I will be putting that one up as well, because we did talk about that one a couple months ago. But it's still in like the coming soon, and I think it's supposed to be spring of next year. Uh. Tony says it's the first that there will be no titles from Imprint to be released in December. Oh, that's true. Interesting. I bet that is to make up for some of the delays that have happened over the last couple months. Yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: It's like every now and again, it'll be like two in the morning after the chat and they'll drop it.
Speaker 2: Yep, perfect timing for me. We got a couple more from them. One is a box set. We got a film Focus Marlon Brando Volume two. This is from nineteen sixty nine to nineteen eighty nine. Hell of a jump listed here sixty nine is the Night of the following day. Then we got The Nightcomers from nineteen seventy one, Last Tango in Paris from seventy two, the Missouri Breaks from seventy six, and then jump all the way up to a dry white season from eighty nine. Plus we got a bonus disc Listen to Me Marlin from twenty fifteen. Lots of special features in here. We got new commentary by Tim Lucas on the Night of the following Day, We've got archival commentary and some feature docs. We've got a new commentary by Elaine Silver and Jim Orsini on the Nightcomers, plus a visual essay by Kat Ellinger and an interview feature with the production crew. Last Tango in Paris gets a new interview with film critic Piero Spila, new interview with the editor Roberto Perpignani, new in ine with the camera assistant Marrow Marquetti, and then some previously unseen video interviews. And the next one, Missouri Breaks, gets a new commentary by Leeffiffer, Tony Latino and Paul Scrabo, new interview with film professor Lucy Bolton, and finally a dry white season gets a new interview with both Janet Susman and Susannah Harker. If you got the first one, obviously, this is a great companion with it.
Speaker 6: This is a great collection of films. Ryan, this is really really something here. Essue with that and this is some of my finest works. Do you collect the actor about chest.
Speaker 2: I, I don't. I think I have one, and then I went, you know, probably don't have to have all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. See here's the thing. They always get me wanting it because they the last two in the Planski said in this have the documentaries that are not have not been available. That's all I want. I want the Lansky wanted and desired and then they listen to me Marlin doc those are two things I want.
Speaker 2: I totally do, Humbled.
Speaker 6: I will pull out the brand O impersonation anytime you want me to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's hear uh A personation of Burt Reynolds in.
Speaker 3: I have no personation because I don't watch a lot of Burt Reynolds. I'm gonna it's funny. Because I saw that, I was like, I realized, I don't really like Burt Reynolds.
Speaker 2: I get that. I fully get that.
Speaker 3: Like I watched Unit San It's probably the only Burt Reynolds movie. I used to watch Cuffs as a kid because it was like when those movies that came out when I was a kid. But I just Burt always plays Burt Reynolds, Is it right? No, Stan, Stan, you don't uh.
Speaker 2: The next one is a film focused Burt Reynolds box that This was teased late last year again coming in January. This one, I'll have White Lightning from seventy three, Hustle from seventy five, Gator from seventy six, limited edition four disc hard box with new special features for every film, plus the Acclaim twenty twenty feature documentary I Am.
Speaker 6: Burb So Burt.
Speaker 3: The box of the previous Burnals box set was Umbrella.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, box of Burt, Yes, Box of Burt. Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm I always get Imprint and Umbrella mixed up with each other.
Speaker 2: A lot of people do Ozzy they're.
Speaker 3: Too ossie labels, but I'm just for whatever reason, I think their title choices cross each other a lot. But with the bird thing, yeah, no way. I have seen Deliverance.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I do watch Deliverance. It's just he's it's his personality. He never doesn't play Burt and right from what I've been, from what I've heard, like red stories, he's just not a nice person or he wasn't a nice person really, So it's like, yeah, I either like the personality, You're not gonna watch his.
Speaker 2: Movies on these, like it said, brand new special features on all the films, new commentary on White Lightning by Travis Woods, new interview with the writer Wayne Byrne on the disc as well. Then on Hustle we got a new commentary by Daniel Kramer, a new visual essay by Blake Howard, and finally on Gator, new commentary by Patrick Bromley and then a new interview with Wayne Burn again on this one, plus the that bonus disc, the I Am Burt Reynolds documentary of that one's We've got a new interview with the director there as well.
Speaker 3: I tell you physical like docs like docs don't get enough physical releases. So it's like, if you put that on there, if you'd buy it for that.
Speaker 2: Garis is mixed up imprint and indicator. I could see that because the name Sanders similar.
Speaker 3: I always got I get indicators sometimes get your I definitely get Eureka and b f I mixed up at.
Speaker 2: The the elite British companies. Yes, somebody's putting it out, who knows exactly and if that is not enough, imprint was not done. They are also putting out a blaxploitation box set this from nineteen seventy two and seventy three, proving it was a very limited period of time that they were making these that were classic. We've got on this one, the Legend of Black Charlie, The Sola Black Charlie, Superfly, TNT and Detroit nine thousand limited four disc hard box, fifteen hundred copies. Legend of Black Charlie. This is the first time it's on Blu ray anywhere. A new audio commentary by Mike Sargant on this one, new interview with Josiah Howard who is an author. And then on the Sola Black Charlie, also the first time on Blue, new audio commentary by Mike Sergeant again Superfly worldwide first on Blue. New audio commentary by Brian Reeseman on this one. More features are coming on that and then Detroit nine thousand, also worldwide, first on Blue. That's a big deal for this whole box set. New commentary by Michael Covin, author of Blaxploitation Films. New interview with de Vondy Sims, author of Women Blaxploitation. This box set is the most intriguing of the month.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's gonna sell the most, truly, truly, sure, I think that was not the most Every time I see the titles super Fly Tanty, oh, I think it's pulp fiction.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Every time I finished touch called, they become super Fly Tanty. They're the guns of the navarone. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a great looking box set. I'm very excited that they're putting this out. I am not excited over all the weirdos that are arguing about the slight change in the titles and if you know what they originally were, you know why that's weird. But yeah, we should probably keep going.
Speaker 3: Curious was it eighty eight films? Were they arguing it over?
Speaker 2: Uh? I will go ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh did did Wicked Vision ever finish their blaxploitation set? Because I know they had the box and they were slowly rolling out titles to fit the fill the box.
Speaker 2: I think there's still a couple to come, but those are still coming as far as I'm aware.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just as curious.
Speaker 2: All right. Back to the title we teased earlier, Babe Pig in the City coming with a brand new HDR Dolby Vision Master, and Will likes it so much he announced release announcement of the year twice and got many likes on both comments. So I'm so glad that Will is getting this title again. Great movie looks great, George Miller masterpiece. This is exciting. I'm glad this is coming out as long as it comes out.
Speaker 3: One hundred and forty Jess Franco titles and then Babe pick in the City. Why did this slip it between the Jess Franco titles? So when someone's going through and they're like, wait, what.
Speaker 2: It's just a whole bunch of babes, I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, find some Jess Franco titler that says babe, because I guarantee there's one, and it's right it says babe pick in the City. You see what happens?
Speaker 2: All right? Going to the next one, a movie I had ever heard of. November fifth Blu Ray release from Universal called Genie from twenty twenty three. Uh, this is starring Melissa McCarthy and uh yeah, this is from Richard Curtis. I had no idea about this.
Speaker 3: I mean, Richard Curtis is a selling point. But it's in New York, a Richard Curtis movie in New York with no I mean, maybe the guy's British. I know, Miss McCarthy is not British.
Speaker 2: This is based on his name.
Speaker 3: Probably this looks like a Hallmark movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, it definitely does. Oh. Ronnie says it was a Peacock original movie. Okay, so does Tony. I had no idea, thanks, guys.
Speaker 3: Well, according to this angle of the city, they are either in New Jersey, really North New Jersey, or like they are right right across the street in Queen's I don't know. I'm just looking at the Empire stabouting and looking wherever a position. I'm pretty sure they're in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting, all right? Next November nineteenth, this is the the next Sony title You Can't run Away with It from nineteen fifty six. Heads Up. This was released in the Columbia Classics Volume three. It was on the It Happened One Night disk is like a special feature And now it's getting a standalone release, so I'm glad it will not be stuck in that box set for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: All right, Bob, spin around, all right, just wash your way down the aisland. Just pick a real.
Speaker 2: Humboldt horror honey, he says, not movie related, but make sure to peek your head out tonight to see the moon Hunter's moon. Beautiful spooky season.
Speaker 3: Right, headaches?
Speaker 2: Funny enough? Last night my kid looked up and said, why is the moon so bright?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: What do you own? Because it's a Wednesday? And now he thinks every Wednesday will be a bright moon, and that's funny. I'm just kidding. I just made that up. December tenth, we are getting a four K steel book of stir of Echoes from lions Gate. I think this is Kevin Bacon on the front.
Speaker 3: It's not, Iwan McGregor. Why does everyone think it doesn't look like Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 2: It looks like Kevin Bacon because it doesn't.
Speaker 3: It really does. It looks like it's young Kevin Bacon. You're not used to young Kevin Bacon anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh I am. I just watched Tremors.
Speaker 3: That's a different Kevin Bacon. That's a long rite.
Speaker 2: This is Bacon that doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: This is this is the late nineties Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 2: Anyways, take look, this has a new four K restoration of the film. It's got Dolby vision and HDR. We've got revisiting Stir of Echoes featurette on this and a new establishing shot with Fred Murphy, plus some legacy supplemental features like an audio commentary, featurettes and more. The hard part, I've had a lot of people ask it does look like again that this will possibly not get a standard release. This is potentially the only release of this film on four K, which if you love the movie, you might want it, as.
Speaker 3: Long as it's not limited edition, as long as not limiting the Really, I'll buy a steel book.
Speaker 2: It's lions Gate and they don't normally announce it like that, but a lot of their steels have gone out of print.
Speaker 3: So I love Steer of Echo's. I thought it was great. You know, it kind of got overlooked at the time because it was like the sixth Sense I think had just come out for it. But it's a good movie and it was one of the first blue rays. I think it was like that really like reflective silvery. Is it Buena Vista or with lions Gate. It was the ones that maybe stopped working sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Zero printed in that place in Mexico where the glue wasn't good.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, uh next, thank you much. Sorry because the shadowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says, the shadowing is what gives me doubt that it is Kevin Bacon. It's the cheekbones. It looks like Kevin Bank. I don't know anyway, it's ai Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 2: Literally, yes. December third, we are getting crushed from Sony Pictures as part of their Sony Pictures Classics line. This is from two thousand and one. Never saw this one. I've heard it's a good movie.
Speaker 3: I have to admit. Of course, when you go to the Bluerry dot com page for like news and I saw a crush, I am. I was like, I was like, is it a four K the Alicia Silverstone movie? And it's not.
Speaker 2: It would be nice, I will say, though.
Speaker 3: In this photo I can finally see how much Margaret Quality looks like her mom. Yeah, I can now finally see it. Before I was like, I don't see it.
Speaker 2: It don't look like got a dager a bit yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Scarecrow video put out an update recently. It's been a couple of months since the last one, so I wanted to share. They were doing a seventy five thousand dollars match challenge and that was met, and that means overall they have more than passed their six hundred thousand dollars marks so far, which is pretty great. It's a third of the way to their goal. Because they have met so much of this so far, they have been able to sign a lease at their location and extending that for at least two more years. They are now exploring some options that they need to fill, like two executive leadership positions. There is also been a huge increase in rental and sales revenue. Everybody has seen this and started supporting them, which is exactly what everybody wanted them to do. So please, if you're ever somebody that's supported Scarecrow, continue to do that. If there is something that you would like to or have no idea about Scarecrow, I've got multiple videos with them, Please go back and check it out. There's so much that you can do living anywhere in the US. Lots of different ways to support them. One of the ways is by sharing all their social media stuff and engaging with what they have going on. And funny enough, it's a big week for them because this weekend is Video Store Day. That is their busiest day every year. It is this Saturday. They're gonna be doing some live streams on their YouTube from like four pm to eight pm Pacific, and you can join on the YouTube channel and they're gonna be hosted by the Viva Physical Viva Physical Media people, So check it out. It's got a long episode coming. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 3: That's great. I'm so glad they reached their goal, and I would be hoping that there's to be some type of petition or looking into landmarking their store. You know, I don't know, there's a certain amount of time that has to be there, but like, I don't know why they couldn't. You know, there's enough places in New York that have landmarks stas.
Speaker 2: I'm like, really, okay, that's yeah, I would think so at that point.
Speaker 3: I feel they are also a very well known staple. You know, it's how long have they been around the business.
Speaker 2: Since eighty six or seven? I never get the first year, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, the other I'd have to look into like what the threshold is to be considered a landmark.
Speaker 2: Well, and there should almost be something specific for video stores. There weren't video stores ever before that. Come on, right, no, anyways that Scarecrow check out their live stream on Saturday. Uh, terrifying. We're gonna be talking about Terrifier many many times tonight. You look so glefal Terrifier three is getting a four K steel book and standard Blu Ray DVD all of the releases on December seventeenth. This does look to be the final art on the steel book. This is the US release of this, and it's coming from Synadim. No idea on special features yet, if the first two releases are any indication, there should be some for sure. I bet there'll be a Damian Leoni commentary on this and put potentially some more.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: I will say, how do you have a movie set at Christmas and you have nothing Christmas related or any colors on the steel book?
Speaker 3: I can't even see his freaking face on the front. It looks like it looks like logan.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: What what? What the what? There's so many things you could have and you could have them with the Santa suit, the chainsaw like anything.
Speaker 2: Like. There's a lot of iconic posters for this and they used zero of them.
Speaker 3: We're going to get to the one. That's the one you should order.
Speaker 2: Yep. H Dune Part two is getting another four K steelbook released. This is coming on November nineteenth to Walmart only Walmart Exclusive. I'm not sure if it's still sold out, but this had sold out like a couple hours after posting this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people with the Dune steal. Look, I'm put them both in a damn steel book. Then I'll get it.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be a word if there's a third one. Yeah, just wait and they'll put all of them in there. Come.
Speaker 3: I will not wait until it's all done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Another recent film, The Wild Robot, is getting a four K blu ray and DVD released from Universal in the States on December third. This is going to have a alternative opening, some storyboard, some featurettes, deleted sequences, all that type of stuff. You can check this out now. It is not going to be released in three D in the States. I've had a lot of people ask about that. There's no more three D releases in the States unless it's coming from the three D Film Archive, so anything like that, let's let's not count on them to be releasing those. What is funny, though, is if you look on the back, it does say that there's a feature commentary on this disc, and their press release does not list one. Will it have one? I'm not sure, but or it's only on the digital. Uh, yeah, it could only be on the digital. That's true.
Speaker 3: This is what's knowing. I heard this was a great movie, me too. I wanted to see it my monthly list of movies to see. They only were showing in the afternoon, under the assumption that only kids want to see this, and I see movies after work, And I'm like, what what You're always striving for this four quadron type of movie and this movie I was getting good reviews, and you're not gonna make it available for people want to see at the later hour because you consider it just a kids movie.
Speaker 2: Then this is a weird aside, So everybody watching live, just to ignore me for just a moment something that's been annoying me recently. Runtime or not? Runtime show times? What time do theaters first start showing films in New York? Just so I can be jealous.
Speaker 3: Maybe ten am is like the earliest, like ten to fifteen.
Speaker 2: Is that throughout the entire week or is that only on the weekends.
Speaker 3: I think it no, no, on the weekdays. Like I mean, I can tell you right now, I can go pick a movie.
Speaker 7: If it's a big movie, like like like a movie comes out like Star Wars, like Force Awakens came out and they were playing around the clock to accommodate everybody.
Speaker 3: Nothing was good. I'm just saying that's what happened. So as an example, like we live in time, starting showtime is ten to fifteen AM. That's the first showing.
Speaker 2: I am so jealous. Why so this week I've been off work and I've had the opportunity to maybe go to the theater more and I could take my wife, and we've got the ABC whatever it's called, just like you. Unfortunately, showtimes here don't start during the week until after one pm in Kansas City, and I think the earliest one that we've had was like twelve thirty and that was like the farthest theater away. And I know I just mentioned AMC. It's not we checked all of the chains. I would have paid for another one if I had the opportunity to go to another one, but we wanted to go see stuff while the kids were in school. Yeah, I can't go if it starts even at twelve thirty, because we're not going to be home by the time we need to go pick them up. That's it's such a waste. Anyways, long rant.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, it's a it's a reasonable rant because it's and again they're complaining about people not going to back to the movies. It's like, well, you have to accommodate people, and I get like, yes, you have to have someone hit the play button on the projector, but like some people do just goes. Yeah. I remember going to see movies at like nine in the morning sometimes back when they were doing it more. I think since the pandemic it has slowed down because there used to be an eight am or a nine am show, like an early bird showing, and they would be like a lot of older folks going at that hour. You know, granted they would fall asleep in their chairs, but like they existed. And that's the thing is, like I go to see a ten thirty show at night because I pray all the time for the cinema gods that like, no one's going to be in the theater because I just don't like sitting around with people because I know they're gonna take their and they do.
Speaker 2: Danny, who is in Australia, says, here in Australia, my local cinema only played the Substance at three pm. Had to take a half day off work just to watch it.
Speaker 3: Jesus, It's crazy, it really is. It's like you're you're, you're, you're again, You're shooting yourself in the foot, Like why are you not accommodating? Like try it and then if it fails, like all right, we got to pull back a little bit. But it's like there's almost like no opportunities. Some films only play at forty second Street, and it's like no one wants to go to the forty second three Street theater. I know you you think like everyone wants to go to Times Square. No one wants to go to Times Square. People in New York do not want to go to Times Square. It's terrible, ridiculous. Yeah, it's like it's the most rowdy theater, Like I have no desire, Like even my theater gets pretty you know, crazy during during the weekends. It's like, oh, this is like it's like Black Friday shopping at a theater. That's what it feels like. Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 3: But how much do your ticket cost?
Speaker 2: Let's see at a good AMC like Saturday early afternoon, not even like primetime like seven pm AMC laser vision whatever they call it, like twenty two bucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's about to say, okay, yeah, yeah, I mean IMAX here is like thirty bucks. Thankfully it's covered under AMC A List.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the only reason we had it, and we only got it because this is such a silly, silly story because of the double feature. We wanted to go see Twisters and Long Legs. And I looked at it and I said, if I just go to both of them, that costs more than both of us subscribing for a month. Why would we not do that?
Speaker 3: Right, there's no reason not subscribe to AMC A list. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to like, you know, tout for like AMC A list, but like Y's that's nice. I mean LA and New York. That's like these are the two players, like, right, we get the movies come out out too now ever December and don't launch wide until January. But we get the right to contend for osters. But yeah, you know it's like just going to one movie, even just go to one meet or go to one Imax movie. I paid for my month, that's it, and save four dollars.
Speaker 2: Right, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see on average six to eight movies a month.
Speaker 2: That was a long rant. But thank you for appeasing me.
Speaker 3: Of course. Oh don't don't worry. We're gonna get I'm gonna have my own ladies and gentlemen of the Jerry.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have like a pull all of the visuals out and just have a long rant in just a minute. Yes.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: December seventeenth, blu ray from Keno of the Beloved Rogue from nineteen twenty seven, a John Barrymore title. Uh I love this line. John Barrymore sought to outswashbuckle Douglas Fairbanks in his breathless depiction of France's rep scallion, poet, thief and vagabond looks good. Got a commentary by Ny Slide on this filmed introduction by Orson Welles, Glad we're getting some of these Library Congress titles. Keno does a lot of good stuff. Is this silent uh? From that year? It should be?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says orchestral score by I'm assuming because they're they're touting the orchestral score by Robert.
Speaker 2: Yes nineteen twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's silent.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: That cheap blush that is Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's silent. That is hit the epitome of silent. Gary says he paid twenty one nineteen for a Thursday Morning Mattine at AMC. That was Dolby Cinema. Yeah, price going to be Yeah. Another Keyno December seventeenth blu ray of the claim from two thousand. This is with Wes Bentley, Miladjoviovich, Neastasia Kinski, Peter Malon, and Sarah Polly Hell of a late nineties early two thousands cast. Here we got an audio commentary by the one and only Scout Tafoya on this one.
Speaker 3: I was a Michael Wood. I was trying to think today of like who the director is. I kept talking about Anti Egon. I was like, no, it's not Antem, It's it's it's Michael winterboum okay.
Speaker 2: Looks like a nice solid release of this one.
Speaker 3: You were talking with I think Will was. We were talking with someone about this a couple of weeks ago when it was not detailed yet, and you're like, I have never heard of this film at all.
Speaker 2: Nope, and I have to score this nice? Yes, very nice? All right. Next one, another blu ray release coming from the Keno cult line, and that is Blood and Lace from nineteen seventy one. This is going to be number twenty three in that line. Commentary by Harlan Smith and alt opening titles on this one as well. I don't think those extras are new. I think they were on the screen factory release, and this one did have subtitles I believe. So this is literally essentially just like repressing the disc, which again great, but feels a little odd for the Keno cult line.
Speaker 3: Raise your hand if you used to always think that blood and Lace and Blood and Black Lace for the same movie confused all the time.
Speaker 2: Quite quite different, thankfully.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I just always got it mixed up. And I see, like, oh, this is blood and blood and lease, okay, I've seen blood black Lace. I have not seen blood Lace, but I'm glad that there and it's probably gonna be a lot more affordable than Screams Factory.
Speaker 2: Oh, much more affordable, especially all the approval.
Speaker 3: We're kind of like, you know, we're skipping the big The actual thing that we should be talking about is the fact that this is going to be a million times cheaper than any screen factory release.
Speaker 2: And even you know, even worse again since it went out of print. Yeah, it'll be worth a clip, that's true.
Speaker 3: Like, how much do you think this would have cost originally on scream or do you recall it wasn't it?
Speaker 2: It was probably like twenty two dollars on release so or no, actually this came out so long ago. It was probably only like eighteen or nineteen. Really, okay, because this came out I think the original release was like twenty fourteen. This is an old one.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't a site exclusive.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you know that this is going to be like ten dollars on a.
Speaker 2: Sale on sale quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: Next one Robert Duval and Laura Dern in Rambling Rose coming on December tenth from Keno. When you look at this and you you know we talked earlier about hey, that's an imprint title that looks like a Kino. That's because this is the exact same thing. Imprint has released many things and then Keno's releasing them later, just like they are for this one. All of the features on this were on the Imprint release. This should be much cheaper for you to be able to purchase if you're in the US. I'm sure when this comes out it'll be like fifteen sixteen dollars, Especially if you go somewhere like Atomic. You can probably pre order this for sixteen forty nine and it'll be a great release. Lord Durn's amazing, Robert Duval is amazing, obviously.
Speaker 3: Is this Paramount as well?
Speaker 2: I believe it is. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: They both got big contracts with Paramount.
Speaker 2: Absolutely a lot of people do. I feel like a lot of uh, you know, the when was that? Like four weeks ago? Now we heard that there was somebody that came in and Paramount's home video division was getting shaken up a little bit. I have a feeling that it's probably gonna get shaken up a lot worse than that. They're probably gonna let go of a lot of people, and I feel like the licensing is going to be the biggest thing from Paramount moving forward, which honestly not a bad thing. If we get good boutiques to license some of the bigger Paramount titles, you could do pretty great.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely. I mean I'll say there's some stuff because Paramount got bought up by what's the name of the company.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't remember. I tried Sky. It's not Sky, Sky Dance yep.
Speaker 3: Okay, the guy's son the billionaire or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. It started with an S, but that's all I had.
Speaker 3: When it's when it's when it's young blood like that that worries me because I feel like their whole mind is set on streaming and digital. How can we get this micro entertainment like oh, like we can charge by the hour for the movie or some like they can find ways of really nickel and diming people as opposed to like, right, he doesn't strike me as the type that's going to be like, you know, why don't we give people physical media? You know?
Speaker 2: All right? Going to our next one, kense Kay's Kingdom. This is coming on November eleventh on Blu Ray in the UK. From Modern Films Entertainment normally would probably not have given us a ton of thought. However, this has a huge cast and supposedly is really great on This one has Sally Hawkins, Killie Murphy, Raffie Cassidy, Aaron McGregor, Ken Wattnabe. This looks like a solid film, sounds really good. Based on the Much Love best selling children's novel by Michael Morprugo and adapted for screen by Frank Kotchel Boy kentse Caase Kingdom tells of the epic adventure of Michael, a young boy shipwrecked on a remote island who must adapt to life alone. Over time, he feels another presence, learning that this world is home to both unimaginable danger and beauty. In this gripping animated adaptation of that novel, kens Caase Kingdom's illustrious voice cast includes everybody that I mentioned. Looks good.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of The animated style, reminds me of Prince of Egypt. Same same with the color scheme. Yeah. Actually, also reminds me of anyone is around the same age as me, and remembers as do you remember legends of the Hidden Temple of Sorry Sorry, sorry no, I'm sorry, I'm thinking the wrong Say no, The Lost Cities of Gold. Do you remember that animation? Remember why they watched Nickelodeon. There is the Lost Cities of Gold and there was Esteban and there was Yeah. It was basically they were they flew in this giant golden hawk ship flying around. It was three kids and these two Spanish pirates searching for the Lost City of Gold and like they're like solving puzzles a long way and stuff like that. It was it was you know, thank you Ryan, you remembered, Yes, classic Nick, Yes, And it was just like the weirdest show ever about my my, my really good friend Matt. He had the DVS and like we just bonded, like, oh my god, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, as much as we're all bonding over the happiness that is cancer case Kingdom, I think we're about to bond over something much worse. Give me a second. I got to get some Harpard medication.
Speaker 3: I scarf. I scarved some food right before the show. So I'm like preparing for this.
Speaker 2: But they're gonna be talking a lot, all right, because we have to read all of this Gobbly book first. Unobstructed View. This is a company out of Canada that has done physical media for years. They are you know, I've kind of equated them as the Diabolic DVD of Canada. They release their own stuff sometimes, but they primarily are like a retail store for a lot of people. They are the ones that got the rights to Caligula the Ultimate Cut. They bought them from Draft House Films and they are doing the release for all of North America and they put out this press release. Now keep in mind this press release was released on Diabolic DVD because Diabolic DVD was the exclusive retailer for the US. And this was posted by Jesse from the Unobstructed View team. It says to the Diabolic DVD community. As president and owner of Unobstructed View, I feel the time is right to address the concerns and complaints to Diabolic DVD regarding the provenance of our edit of the original version of Caligula. On our release of Caligula the Ultimate Cut on Blu Ray and the upper coming four K limited edition, many of you inferred from our promotional material that we would be providing an uncut version of the film as a bonus feature. While we have a legitimate man, I still can't believe this Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, we have a you gotta just run through it because otherwise I'm gonna start punching my computer.
Speaker 2: Right, there's so much that we're gonna have to touch on after this while we have.
Speaker 3: A copy and pasted and bolded the little moments that we can talk about.
Speaker 2: While we have a legitimate theatrical cut of the original, Nowhere in our descriptions did we imply that ours was uncut. However, we do apologize for the confusion, and we will amend our digital metadata to include the running time of the original feature. On that note, I would like to take a minute to talk about what we felt we achieved here in conjunction with Giant and draft House, specifically with regard to the four K limited edition coming at the end of the month. After over thirty years in the business, mostly in Canada, this is our first venture into four K and we are proud of what we are offering. In the middle of working on their theatrical release last spring, Giant took it upon themselves to source, in the absence of any available film stock at Penthouse, a print of the original from a Boston distributor that played in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts during the film's original run, as the markings on the canisters would indicate. Those who go back that far might remember that community standards in that state back in the day were a little more puritanical, so to speak. They then went on to restore the print to four K at great expense for its singular use as a bonus feature for this release. I think we can all agree that short is the list of studios that would go to the trouble of restoring a full length feature for a very limited release. Continuing on further to that, those concerned about the edited scenes can take comfort in the fact that the project was bounced out of two four K manufacturing facilities for offensive content. Ergo the postponed release date. To that point, some of those elites can be seen in the accompanying featurette. One thing is for certain, after this initial run is gone, our version of the original will never appear on four K again. Finally, if we pull back to a wider view, there is a tremendous value proposition in the four disc set, featuring an incredible slipcover and individual numbering in Roman numerals. It provides tremendous background material to support the film that is on the cover of this sleeve Caligula the Ultimate Cut. There's enough exclusive content, including an invaluable contribution from the producer, Thomas Nagovin, to give cinophiles an insightful look into the creative process that led to this landmark release. One reviewer mentioned that our edit of the original is a better guide track than longer versions because it begins the process of reconstituting the film. Whatever, you might have different opinions. In closing, we hope you will purchase Caligula the Ultimate Cut from our friends at Diabolic DVD, and we will remember your attention to detail on our next project. Sincerely, Jonathan Gross. Emphasis on the word Gross there at the end is all mine?
Speaker 3: Who wrote this jd vance? Like this was written by someone who like doesn't understand words and like how to talk to people?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, so let's let's break this down a little, a little bit by a little bit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: First of all, many of you inferred from our promotional material that we would be providing an uncut version of the film as a bonus feature. I don't think anybody inferred anything when it was literally stated.
Speaker 3: Can we go to articles A and B that I brought up for.
Speaker 2: You, Ryan. Uh, let me see if I can pull him up, because.
Speaker 3: I I was under the impression that's what was happening, because I remember reading it and I was like, I'm not imagining things.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this is gonna show up. Let me see.
Speaker 3: If it doesn't, it's fine. If it doesn't, it doesn't, so good sh I'll just tell people what I found.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to make it work.
Speaker 3: I promise, oh Wave trust me, will we will never mind?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I also think Ai wrote this possibly.
Speaker 2: Really, I've not heard that that guess yet. Yeah, it's not gonna work out. But literally, in their original press release that was sent to Blu ray dot com and everybody, it does say disc to four K Blu Ray Uncut version Caligula, the Uncut Version SDR featuring Sorry restored original theatrical trailer SDR feature English closed captions. That was the big press release for the second four K disc, and.
Speaker 3: It was sent twice. I was posted twice for the first announcement and then updated both times. Same thing.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how you do this when you have literally got a press release sing the word uncut multiple times.
Speaker 3: So I do love that it says, while we have a legitimate theatrical cut of the original, nowhere description do we imply that ours was uncut. This is what I like to call the obi Wan from a certain point of view, because it came out in Italy in nineteen seventy nine, was shipped to the US, got in trouble, and was then cut and then banned. So the edited version is not the original. It's an edited cut, right, so it's not the original, which I actually looked up.
Speaker 2: I have this.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell you about this, so I looked it up that after the censorship board got into it, they said, in something of a twist, the censorship board insisted that the cuts be advertised. This was March of nineteen eighty one, registered subject to the special condition that all advertising clearing and is that this film is a modified version.
Speaker 2: Wow wow wow Yes. So yes. The next part of this they go into saying, after thirty years in the business, mostly in Canada, this is our first four K and we're proud of it. That's a really weird thing to include in this when you're talking about what everybody's complaining about. The other thing they they refer to Giant taking it upon themselves to source, in the absence of any other film stock at Penthouse, a print of the original from Boston. I don't know if anybody else has a different opinion in the chat, I'd be open to hearing it. Like bragging that Giant helped you do something is not great. Giant does not have a great track record with a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know, you're more educated on Giant than I am. My biggest qualm is saying that so in the absence of a negative so from Penthouse. So, I would love to know where Umbrella got theirs, because all the countries that banned Caligula, Australia was one of them.
Speaker 2: Yep, I would like it. So it was the UK where it was also released by Aero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I would like to know where they got their their cut, their their print, and then saying that they got it from and we'll move into it, but going getting it from Boston and saying if most of you remember they were pretty cue time, I'm like when you were in Canada, Like, don't talk about Boston when you're from Canada.
Speaker 2: Boston in the eighties, mind you, He's not talking about the eighteen eighties. He's talking about the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, the US is the US, Boston's and all of a sudden being like, we want a special kind of Colligula just for us Beantown people. You know, that's that's not the way things work. So you know, just say, look, we got a canister and we we fucked up, and we we thought it was the original, you know, uncut version say that.
Speaker 2: Their next bragging point is that no other studios would go through the trouble of restoring a full length feature for a very limited edition. I mean, that's just not true. Lots of other studios have done stuff like that, lots of other boutiques, which you are kind of claiming to be you, you would likely you would, you would understand that a lot of people have done this.
Speaker 3: And I will say this. Let's just look whatever your business is. Obviously, running running a business in this time is like it is very difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well, well I admit that.
Speaker 3: But from now on, don't say a great expense to us, right, because that's your product. If you don't spend the money, you don't have the goods that we pay for. So you made the I don't like the od Yeah, well we don't know, Gary, we don't know. AI might be getting a little flippant now they know they're getting big, you know, big for their riches. It's like we're AI, We're here now. But yeah, don't don't like agree. I hate when studios are just like, you know, we did this for you, like no one asked you to do it well.
Speaker 2: And that's where the second half of this goes way off the rails, because this gets so much worse so the next thing. Further to that, those concerned about the edited scenes can take comfort in the fact that the project was bounced out of two four K manufacturing facilities for offensive content. We are going to talk about some content being released tonight by Manda Macabro on four K that will prove there is no reason Caligula could not be released on four K. Vinegar Syndrome has released multiple adult titles on four K that are literally hardcore porn, just flat out saying what it is.
Speaker 3: Now to your to your point before we go and move on, because this goes right into your point there. I did some more research about the Canadian law and now it stays here that the Criminal Code prohibits the production, distribution, and possession of obscene material. Obscene material is defined as any publication that exploits sex in an undue way or exploits sex in combination with crime, horror, cruelty, or violence. So because it is it is in fact pornography. It's not a movie. I mean, it is a movie, but the fact that it actually does have pornography in it might fall under the guidelines of we don't want to get legally sued by you know, the Canadian government for putting this out.
Speaker 2: I'm not buying it.
Speaker 3: I'm merely speculating, but I'm just saying that is a rule here. Whereas Altmando and Vinegar Sendramar in the US.
Speaker 2: So too true, too true, can't argue with that point. But what's funny is then they use that argument to throw in some fomo and say one thing is for sure, after this initial run is gone, our version will never be on four K again, very clearly implying if you want this, you should buy it now because that's never coming back.
Speaker 3: Well, that also gets me wondering, so, like, what's the stop someone else from just getting a theatrical cut and reprint, Like so that leads me to believe that they cut it a certain way, that they splice stuff out to satisfy the the whoever the restoration house is in Canada and said our specific because they even said that. One reviewer said, our cut helps to you know what was the exact days One reviewer mentioned that our edit of the original is a better guide track than longer versions, right, our version, Like it's the theatrical, it's the it's the censor. Now you're saying it's the censored us UK cut, whatever you want to freaking call it, But that's just a cut. That cut exists. The studio can lease it out to anybody and they can restore it to four K. So the only way they're implying this will never be available again is to say we cut it a certain way like clean flicks, right, And you know, yeah, no, I Paul, I'm just I'm just asking that question because like that's the way way it reads. Otherwise, what do you mean it's never gonna be available? How can you say that?
Speaker 2: Right? Uh, let's go to the next part of this and after their fomo, then they say, if we pull back to a wider view, and this is where it gets really gross part of the puzz there.
Speaker 3: To a wider view. In Hands in hands, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: He says, there is a tremendous value proposition in this four disc set, featuring an incredible slip with individual numbering in Roman numerals. So now we are being told to find value in Roman numerals.
Speaker 3: Xx x is the only one people want if you're not getting number thirty.
Speaker 2: No, it's a good joke. But also what roman numerals is a part of a value proposition? What are we saying here? Beyond that, Let's see there's enough exclusive content, including an invaluable contribution from the producer, to give cinophiles an insightful look into the creative process to the lid that led to this landmark release. What the hell? And then they follow this up by literally saying the word whatever. You might have different opinions.
Speaker 3: This was Redden at three in the morning.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They've been drinking. I don't know they or they're higher on maple syrup. I don't know, but I'm just saying this was This was look first and foremost. Don't attack Jesse because he had nothing to freaking do with this. If I were Jesse and I got this from them, I would have said, no, I'm not posting this shit right, edit it and make it sound nicer, because I'm gonna be the one that's going to be incurring all the wrap from this, not you. How make you do you think wrote unobstructed View directly? And how how may people compared to how many people wrote to Jesse Jesse? Yeah, I would be furious. I'd be like, no, why don't you go back read that back over, you know, just because you like, you know, made love to a phosaurus last night and I started trying to use big words. It doesn't even read like it reads like it that wrongbot they used to have to see dirty things in the nineties.
Speaker 2: But like was said just a couple of minutes ago by our friend Gary, I don't think AI would start a sentence with the word whatever. So this does exactly but that.
Speaker 3: But then then there's something the personality wise, Again, I don't know this person, so I'm merely speculating and I'm wrong. I'm wrong. But like, if this is your statement and you say, like, what, what's the thing? As president owned reministructive view, I feel the time is right to address the concern the time is right, if we have now reached the right time, have you not taken the time to really formulate your words? Did you not go back over the team and like, hey, guys, how does this sound like? This was just one one you know, one draft, done and done. Here you go. Jesse posts this.
Speaker 2: No, so some important pizzas of context that if you're not familiar with every part of the situation, you might not be aware of one. The gentleman mister Jonathan Gross an Unobstructed View has also made some gross comments previously in his newsletter two people that have signed up with Unobstructed View. He is somebody that has claimed that the oscars were woke. He has pushed back against diversity things in his newsletter. He's made some things about people being offended in his news letter. He's that type of person responding to that take with that what you will, not not making any statement on any side of anything. There One more major thing though, found out through a source and I hate doing this. I know that I've watched this on other channels that I've seen this. This thumbs up. I did get the thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okah, I don't even know this. I'm waiting. Okay.
Speaker 2: So, as it turns out, they finally got mister Malcolm McDowell to sit down and watch the ultimate cut of this film, the brand new, re edited cut, and essentially he said, this is amazing, like this is the movie that we thought we were making back when, and I'm gonna see if Helen will watch it. Helen Mirren went and watched it, and they both agreed like, this is exactly what we wanted to make. And they had agreed to do television promotion for the Ultimate cut of Caligula. They have agreed to be a part of the release as long as the uncut version was nowhere near the release. The people putting out this release said, no, we are putting the uncut version on there. We don't need Malcolm McDowell or Helen Mirren. And now Unobstructed View is fucked and they don't have Malcolm mcdalell, Helen Miron or the uncut version of the film on the disc. And they have royally screwed the pooch on this.
Speaker 3: So who then does get the promotion that nobody because Umbrella.
Speaker 2: Has nobody is nobody is promoting it? Like on nobody's going on Jimmy Fallon to talk about Colligulia the Ultimate Cut. But the joke is Malcolm McDowell might have done something like that if this had been done the right way. But now, if you're looking to purchase this, the Umbrella releases clearly the Way to Go. It's got every cut under the sun, lots of special features, the same four K disc that Unobstructed View has, and you're not supporting an obstructed view.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. However, as you've told me, and I've now read on many forums that the audio is mixed up on the right, so there's that waiting for the disc to be corrected. And I did see some poor soul who did get theirs their box a little dinged up or.
Speaker 2: As it happens when it's coming from Australia sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but again like one hundred and fifty bucks, you should be they should put some padding in.
Speaker 2: There well, and Umbrella is likely going to replace that disc with the corrected audio. I don't know how you screw up the audio on a on a film, especially I understand like there being an air and authoring, but doing it where you have the entirely wrong track that should literally not be possible makes a zero sense.
Speaker 3: But yeah, all the two of the two. I wish I wish you could get that big chunky box directly from Orbit, I really do. It's the delivery, it's the and again I'm sure it goes the other ways, Australia having stuff shipped to them from US.
Speaker 2: Oh, I bet it's just expensive.
Speaker 3: But this is like the one thing that really is just like every time I'm tempted to do anything with Umbrella, I'm like I can't. And I know you say, like, well, if you order, I'm completely out of frame at some point. Is that you know, if you order enough, it justifies the purchase. But that's a lot to justify, Like.
Speaker 2: Well it's not as it's not as much if you do it in a way that makes sense, Like if you wait until there's a couple months in a row where there's pre orders that you want, you can get I don't remember if it's one hundred and fifty US or two hundred US gets free shipping, right, it goes. It gets up there pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: So just a side note. The arrow, the out of print arrow blu ray of Caligula that's not uncut.
Speaker 2: It is uncut as far as I'm aware it is the original theatrical version.
Speaker 3: Oh good, because I have that and I've held on to it because that artwork is so nice on the front. That was like one of the first arrows I thought, right.
Speaker 2: So that being said, after this long ass rant about this shitty response from this terrible company, as Craig in the chat will say, and I trust Craig's taste and a lot of things because we've liked a lot of the same films. He went and saw the brand new Ultimate Cut in the theater and said, it's an incredible film. Different Night and Day, looks great it. If you are interested in this, it is absolutely worth seeking out. I'm not gonna tell you, you know, one way or the other what you should do or have to do, But if it was me, I would personally be going to Umbrella in a heartbeat for this over It is.
Speaker 3: My point out saying that that Craig said is that that particular edit was specific to that theater. Then if they bought that print, they own it and no one else would get their hands on it.
Speaker 2: I totally get.
Speaker 3: And that's that's a good point, Mike. Mike Corma is like, is it the only theater.
Speaker 2: That has that edit.
Speaker 3: I feel like, if that's the edit that's going around the US at the time, there's more than one copy of that edit, right, Like I mean later in nineteen eighties, Like no, there's no no Boston Theater is like splicing the negative the way they want to, right, that's not sure, that seems rather extreme.
Speaker 2: Craig says, incredible film is a bit much, but it's certainly better than the original. Sorry to over over indulge the words there.
Speaker 3: I also before we get off, move on to other stuff, halfier stuff, I do want to also plain this one last thing says we will remember your attention to detail.
Speaker 2: On That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just neighboring on Mafia talk. Well remember this the next time, Well remember your loyalty. Like yeah, what does that mean we will remember your attention to detail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really gross line in this.
Speaker 3: It's like a weird It's like you try to intimidate people but just messed it up.
Speaker 2: Yikes. I don't know. Again, Like what he's implying there pay attention when when they say we will remember your attention to detail. What he's saying is we thought we could skirt this past you without you noticing.
Speaker 3: Right or yeah, I guess it does. Really, it's like we'll remember that when we when we move on to our next title. I thought it was more like we will remember your Yeah, I know, I always read it. I read it as like we'll remember you know, you are knowing what the better version is like to buy, like La ran original, Oh Final? Come on, I look, if you want to watch the voiceover, that's fine. I just never cared for the voiceover, even in Harrison forty. He's that voice over.
Speaker 2: We're done with Caligula. Anything else you want to throw out there about Caligula.
Speaker 3: We didn't know it then, but when we were for what the fuck am I reading here? Uh? About Caligian? I'm perfectly okay. I just that was I was prepared for that, and Sire release was so botched. What is this, Craig? What were you talking about?
Speaker 2: Craig helped a little bit with the restoration on Caligula the Ultimate?
Speaker 3: Oh do you put some cats in there?
Speaker 2: I know? Uh, he supplied the DCP to was it beyond fest that did the screening? Somebody liked that? Okay, nice, that's Caligula. That was a lot. Uh yeah, who.
Speaker 3: Would have thought of all the of all the movies to get like that giant brant and discussion controversy.
Speaker 2: It's Cligula tinto brass from thirty years ago. You know what, Brendan says, Let's make a mad Libs version of that response letter. It feels like a mad Libs already.
Speaker 3: Does, and I will make one.
Speaker 2: Craig says they needed the DCP, but he also consulted on the whole process for a couple of years. Nice, all right, let's get you some Criterion January seventh, four K release of Yo Jimbo and Sanjiro, two films by a little known director named Akira Kurosawa. This is a four K digital restoration that is, as far as I can tell, brand new compared to the last one. This is gonna have all these same extras from the previous and I am glad I never picked up the Blu ray and I will be able to have this.
Speaker 3: Now do you think, I mean, I'm marispose hasn't happened so far, But do you think, well, at some point we're just gonna get a Corosola box set again?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think we will have an all encompassing box set. I would not be surprised if they did a couple of volumes. Uh did maybe maybe like broken up by decades potentially, Maybe it's just so expensive to make a full Corossawa four K box set. I doubt they would do that.
Speaker 3: I mean they did it for I mean, the Bergman's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of stuff that wasn't four K.
Speaker 3: Oh Okay, I got I see what you're saying. I see what you're saying. Gotcha. Yeah, yeah, well maybe, I mean who knows. I mean, after the CC forty box set, mean it's it's gonna be like a the Blu Ray box set and then if you want the four K I'm individually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's possible. I'm glad this is coming out. More Krosaw on four K. Great thing nothing wrong with that is.
Speaker 3: That is that the one where his is being actually shot out with real arrows, He's freaking out.
Speaker 2: Maybe I am I am not a Corosawa scholar. I've not seen it.
Speaker 3: I know, I do know there's that moment where he is being shot out with real arrows and his reactions are genuine.
Speaker 2: Mad House, says the paper, Moon aspect ratio changed from the original one eighty five to one to one sixty six to one on the upcoming release.
Speaker 3: And they're not offering both aspect ratios because that's something that they'll do a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: I'm not verified that I should I should look that up, but that's interesting. Yeah. Next one is a four K blu ray and DVD release of The Mother and the Horror from nineteen seventy three. This hurt a lot of people because I believe many people thought that there was a complete box set coming of a Jean eustature. However you say the name, but it likely this is probably an indication that that's not happening. Oh, reservoir says thrown a blood is the one you were thinking of with the arrows.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: The hard thing here again, like four K even for this is going to be expensive because this is a long ass movie. This is like a three and a half hour movie or three hour forty five something like that.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a box set at first when I read the descript the breakdown makes it sound like it's sound he was a box set, but it was long thought loss and that's always. That's that you can whenever you tell me something that's anything was long thought lost. I'm like, god, damn. Yeah, And I watched the trailer. It looks beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's supposed to be great this one. Since it's a brand new to the collection title, We've got a new interview with actor Francois le Brun, new conversation with filmmaker Jean Pierre Garrin, and writer Rachel Kushner. Some programming in the film's restoration segment from the French television series featuring Lebrun and Jean Eustache and the actress Bernadette Lafonte. Jean Pierre laout essay by Lucy sent In an introduction to the film by Ustache, and yeah, should be a pretty solid release.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: This one was two VHS's. I always hated when it was two VHS tapes.
Speaker 3: I had a bunch of Titanic, Braveheart, Casino. I didn't have Casino when I was there, But I'm trying to think about other ones I had. There were a lot of them. The Godfather was a big one.
Speaker 2: That was Next up is Jojo Dancer. Your Life is Calling coming on four k and Blu Ray on January fourteenth. This is a nineteen eighty six Richard Pryor film. This says one of the greatest comedians of all time, Richard Pryor gets raw and real in this brutally funny and lacerating self portrait. Following the notorious incident which he caught on fire while high on cocaine, nearly losing his life, Prior exercised his inner demons by writing, producing, directing, and starring in this dizzying Halimer's biopic and backstage drama, which traces a young comedian's rise to fame, from his childhood growing up in a brothel to the colorful experiences that shaped his edgy comic voice, to the addiction struggles that brought him to the brink of death, as he did in his legendary stand up sets. Here, Pryor fearlessly turns his soul inside out, revealing the deep vulnerability that made his art so compelling. Now the extras on this new interview on the film with Robert Townsend, an interview with the director Richard Pryor from a nineteen eighty five episode of The Dick Cavitt Show, and an appreciation by Hilton Awls, a film critic. That is it on a Richard Pryor disc coming from Criterion. You don't have anybody like talking about prior. You don't have a commentary on the film talking about his life. You don't have the real life parallels of things that he had to face and what you saw on the screen here. You don't have anybody that you were willing to reach out to to actually discuss the man Richard Pryor on this disc.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about this when we talk about our labels later. We'll get into it. We'll talk talk talking about this, But this is what frustrated to it because the infrastructure that the connections that Criterion has right like, just so many boutique labels would kill for these connections. So I my hope is is that they now that they see it, Like I really do think that them seeing all those those people out waiting in the rain for their stuff shows that there are there's actually an appreciation for you know, special features. Because the people who are now like they have a team of people producing the closet videos. You now see on their website that all the closet videos available to view. You don't have to just go to YouTube to look for them. They really are now going into that content of like I hate to say the word content, but like actually like realizing like, oh, people really like this. I told Sarah Bibi, the head of the designing of the covers, I said, oh, man, I love that video of you of them showing how they came up with the cover for Foreign Correspondent. And the person nextion was like, oh, yeah, I love that video and she goes, oh, really, oh okay, I remember that, Like like they didn't. They don't get the phobi. They get people writing going like when are you going to put this out, but they don't get people writing and saying like hey would love to see more of this. And I said, you know, people love you know, the uh, you know, the uniformed look of your cases, like when something goes digipacked to amory if you get and there. She was just like oh really, Like yeah, I guess I guess that is a big They don't think, you know, they don't have that direct line to the fans other than people writing either complete like whacked out hate mail or just like a list like a wish list. You know, there is no real social media connection, right, even Yano's like, it's really just love this film, love this film, love this film, but no, real you know, it's not. It doesn't feel like there's a lot of social media with them.
Speaker 2: And don't get me wrong, I am amazed and very happy that this title is getting the Criterion treatment, especially on four K. It's got great cover art that is going to look amazing on the Barnes and Noble shelves. People are gonna pick this up just because it looks beautiful. I'm so glad it's coming. However, it does disappoint when you do something like this, especially with like the New York Times article from a handful of years ago, and you don't do anything on literally the most important black comedian arguably ever, and you don't get any history on that.
Speaker 3: Well, like you said, you said, many of the times when people, you know, Obvio see myself included, complain about things, is you say, hey, look there's licensing things. They may have wanted to they just couldn't do it. Remember they have to talk to his estate and try and work things out. But still, and this I'm not saying, this is the fact the case, And I hope It's not the case with Criteria, because it sometimes feels like they rest on their laurels, where it's like we put the sea on it and that's all it needs to sell, Like we don't need to put special features because it's got the sea, and so someone's gonna buy it.
Speaker 2: And one thing I fear you brought up the whole Maybe they see all these people waiting in the rain and that gives them instilled hoping. It the hard part for me, just because I'm gonna be cynical about it. I feel like they're gonna see all these people in the rain and go. Honestly, we still have this crowd even though we've not been trying too hard on the extras. Maybe we can keep going.
Speaker 3: I'll take your cynicism, and I will say I think there's a difference between fans buying and meeting the fans.
Speaker 2: And I also think there's a difference between a business running the label and film appreciation in a way that ran the label fifteen twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I think just like the Academy is getting like Aussie expanding the number of members and getting younger people, and and people have different you know, walks of life, we get different films, remoric and social media comments that they used to do with. They're submitting their reviews on the sort of oh yeah, absolutely you can still submit. I think they're uh, your like your recommendations, but really just go. It's like it's like writing to Santa. I mean, you're Santa, I would love this movie. And then it's like maybe one day, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it happens.
Speaker 3: But I think, I mean that was just New York, and New York is probably the most obvious thing, right right. They said, like, we're probably gonna come back here and do another one in a month, and we'll do it in Brooklyn. I'm like, well, the Wes Anderson people are already lining up, you know, being themselves in the sainct Order. But like once they get out to like you know, the Midwest and stuff and see that there's still lines of people, it's like, wow, we you gotta have a direct line to your fans, you know. The true It doesn't even put a commentary track on half of their releases. Now, yeah, they U said, I feel like the criteria we and again I like the films they're putting out, But as far as like the stuff they used to put it on a laser disc if you brought a little that back. And I'm not talking about when dropping Breakfast Club and everything and having a bunch of film snoles, be like why is breakfast Club in the middle of the but like go after and again maybe they are, but go after the killers or you know, or the killer, like go after what's the other chilng fat film? What's the other one?
Speaker 2: You know? I mean, honestly, I'm not I'm not going to argue about titles. Like the titles that they're releasing are great. I think the hard part here and with waves saying Criteria doesn't even put a commentary track on half of their releases. What's worse, they don't put new commentary tracks on but maybe like five percent of their releases. It's they're putting old commentary tracks on stuff. That is the bigger problem, of course.
Speaker 3: And that appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the fact that you know, you are the your the institution that popularized the commentary and now you're sticking up your middle finger to it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Well, it's all like I again, I want a commentary, but that is that's something that is like good for us, Like we'll get a disc and be like, oh cool, we get a commentary now. But as far as bringing in a wider audience, you know, when you start putting more genre films, like at the substance, if the substance came the Criterion right, like when you brought in that that that Maria again, they were rightfully so to expand it. Obviously Black filmmakers that didn't have a lot of that, Asian filmmaker, they didn't. They brought more of that in after the complaints, and I do believe that brought more people into the buying from their collection. And now it's like, why don't you have more action films and horror films? You just have to find the gems, the ones that you know, like you know, something like carnival souls, Like there's other carnival souls out there that you can bring to the collection.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Correct, there's absolutely wasted, you know, because there's only so many you know, new way French films can put it.
Speaker 2: Last semi complaint, which isn't really a complaint. I mentioned this primarily about the amazing Godzilla box set. Criterion, please release prints. I want a poster of the Godzilla box set cover This would make an incredible poster for somebody that's a huge fan of Richard Pryor. You don't even have to do every today. Everyone. We know that they're not all going to be perfect as a print, but like one a month probably deserves it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they do give a little postcard booklet. Like I got that. They were out of the tote bags at Barnes, know, but I got a pack of postcards. It was like literally a poster for every single title cover art that came out.
Speaker 2: That year, right, like this is great. I love that.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. It's beautiful art.
Speaker 2: All right. The next one the Grifters. This is coming on four K and Blu Ray and g Jnuary twenty. First, this is from nineteen ninety with John Cusack and Jalkie Houston and Net Benning and more. This one that does have an audio commentary with Stephen Frears, John Cusack and Jelkie Houston and Donald D. Westlake. It is not a new commentary, that is a archival commentary. We got a new interview with a Net Benning on this a short making of documentary with a bunch of people from the making of the film. For really the only new thing on this is that interview with the net Benning, which cool. I'm glad they got an interview with the net Benning. Great essay by Jeffrey O'Brien on this as well. Sister High did the cover for this one. Looks great. Glad this is coming out.
Speaker 3: I mean I held off for so long with that Miramax release and then the mirror actually used came out later with a digital copy, was like an anniversary edition and it was still the same bad print, and I held off for a long time, and I'm so happy I found it. I'm like, I saw this, I was like, well that's the long getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get right next and final announce I think it was the final nt yes final Anasthma of the Month Winchester seventy three from nineteen fifty getting a four K a Blu ray release on January twenty eighth. This is a western directed by Anthony Mann with James Stewart. Brand new four K digital restoration undertaken by Universal in collaboration with the Film Foundation. It's got a four K disc of the film in a Blu ray with film and special features, audio commentary with James Stewart and Paul Lindenschmidt with James Stewart. You know it's an archival commentary, not a brand new one. A new interview with film programmer Adam Pirron on the portrayal of Native Americans in the Western genre, LUX Radio Theater adaptation of the film from fifty one, and then an essay by Imogen Sarah Smith, who's always fantastic.
Speaker 3: And I actually didn't realest until now I know. I met Gregory Manchester, the guy who did the art for this.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, He's really nice guy.
Speaker 3: If you had a chance to check out his Instagram because it is just incredibly the way that he paints. He has quite a few TI titles. Y did the think he did the three Tender Yuma cover for them. It's just yeah, I know he did the Four Feathers. I believe he did as well. Yeah, it's just it's incredible. Jemmy Store, I have James R. James Stewart. Yeah, I'm just not a Western.
Speaker 2: Person, but the same here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But again, someone's gonna be someone's jumping up and down at this.
Speaker 2: You know what somebody is probably not jumping up and down for is that two years later we're getting a four K steel book of Elvis in a Walmart exclusive release on November nineteenth. This is so odd. Uh, No new bonus features on this, nothing else brand new, Just a random Elvis four K steelbook.
Speaker 3: Here, know, Ron, people just want to get a just one four K sometimes those one shield book.
Speaker 2: Sweet, this is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you like Elvis?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: I've not seen it because everybody says it's the worst Tom Hanks, and I don't want that in my brain.
Speaker 3: It is not good Tom, It's just so. It's cartoonish Tom acts. But it's worth it to see Austin Butler's performance. It really really is.
Speaker 2: I do want to see it. I also want to see how my dear dear friend John, who's been on here before, who's the broadcast director of the Mets. There's a couple of scenes that inspired some of what he's done for the Mets. Yeah, very interested to see that. Fun City announced a couple of new titles. We got Lifeguard from nineteen seventy six coming soon on Blu Ray. This is a Sam Elliott film, I believe, Or is that the other one? No, it's this one limited edition side exclusives. I should have just looked at the poster. I was trying to read limited edition side exclusive slip with vintage artwork, double sided rap with legacy artwork, new commentary by Jim Healey and Ben Riser, a booklet with the new essay by Christina Cacciapo, And that's in the first pressing only. Now, the only thing I will say that isn't great about this, I don't love the whole let's put up a pre order and not know when it's coming out thing.
Speaker 3: They did that with the with the trailer that was especially especially expensive, and I'm like, I'm not pre ordering with a TVD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Now that being.
Speaker 3: Said, this is the most keynot Fun City release, Like this is a total keynot title. And also when did Sam Elliott ever.
Speaker 2: Look like that?
Speaker 3: It's been a while, that is.
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 3: I need to see this to believe. I mean, I guess, you know Roadhouse he was kind of, I don't know, that's I don't know, I don't know. That's a bit of an exaggeration. I don't know. Yeah, I know I missed out on thee the Loss of the Heavenly Bodies and the Paradise Mexico. I waited far too long.
Speaker 2: The other one coming out is nineteen eighty four Far nineteen eighty four's Racing with the Moon Again. No release date listed for this one, coming soon on Blu Ray. This one is also the exclusive slip cover for the site. I think they're doing that for everything moving forward now. By the way, new commentary by Bill Ackerman and Mariah Gates. That is going to be a great commentary booklet with a new essay by the one and only Walt Shaw. Gonna be a great booklet. Can't wait to read that. You get an image gallery archival making, a featurette and an archival commentary by the director of this one. I've never seen this one either.
Speaker 3: I have not seen any of the ru I mean it's a great I mean, you got Sean Penn, you got Nicholas Cage. I could have sworn that was Audrey from Twin Peaks until I thought it was a name. I really thought that was Flynn's Laura Flynn Boyle. No, No, the other one Audrey.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so that is fun City. They still exist, people are still loving them. Go check them out. Don't forget they're out there. Next up December seventeenth, Knos releasing for Love or Money from nineteen sixty three with Kirk Douglas. Weird poster on this one like.
Speaker 3: Like Sylvester Stallone.
Speaker 2: Kind of I kind of see that one. New commentary by Howard S. Berger and Steve Mitchell on this one.
Speaker 3: And then it's not to be mistaken with the Michael J. Fox movie, which I adore.
Speaker 2: Correct next one December seventeenth. Also the Ballad of Josie from nineteen sixty eight with the one and only Doris Day again, new commentary by Howards Berger and Steve Mitchell. All Right, I'm sure a lot of people are gonna like this one, and they didn't even go all out. Gary December seventeenth. Magnolia is I have.
Speaker 3: Not known Gary Gary on Mister Universe.
Speaker 2: Way back in seventy six. Gary exactly. Magnolia is releasing the film Sleep from twenty twenty three, which I have heard incredible things about I wanted to see quite some time. This is, I believe, not coming through the Magnolia arm of Vinegar Syndrome their partner labeled Magnolia. This is just coming out wide. I would be remissed to miss this. I definitely want to see it soon. Yeah, word great, great things yeah, yeah, Terrifier three. Back on the middle about okay. I know we are getting in the States a limited edition collector's box set, and it will include collector's edition of the four km Blu ray, a Terrifier three box of soap, a Terrifier three, aren't the clown selfies, Polaroid replicas, Terrifier three barf bag art, the clown mini mask, Terrifier three art, the clown enamel pin, and a Terrifier three ornament. That's a lot and if you go to preorder it, it's a heck of a lot. It is one hundred and thirty dollars at the moment on Amazon.
Speaker 3: I had some screen factory shit right there.
Speaker 2: It is so much money. Like I understand, you're getting soap and an ornament, but one hundred and thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: One pen, no lobby cards.
Speaker 2: You do get polaroids though, so not the polarides I want. You already got that. You're standing in the closet. You're fine.
Speaker 3: I'm making a.
Speaker 2: So we'll hear more about this coming soon. I'm sure we still don't even have the art or anything for that, the art, but we do have another Terrifier announcement to talk about a little bit. But first Severn December third, they're putting out a Blu Ray release of hard Wood, the Adult Features of ed Wood on Blue Red Whoops on Blue Rite. Number one, we've got Necromania. We got a commentary with Edward Summit host Greg javer Hover and author Paul Apple. And that also includes the Only House in Tune Town. Also has a commentary I'm tired, Dude, It's been a long day. Another commentary on that one with Greg and Spicy Goldman of Capri show World. The second disc is the Young Married's with the commentary with Greg again and then porn archaeologist collector dimitri Otis. This also has sex loops with subtitles by ed Wood. Then the third disc on this will have Shotgun Wedding. This is a let's see the Edwood penned exploitation rarity called Shotgun Wedding. This will also include the incredibly strange film Show Season two episode four on Edwood Junior, Dana Gold and bobcat Goldthwaite talk about Woods Twilight era. That alone is going to be super interesting. We got some interviews and some more on this. Lots coming in this three disc set. How do you feel about Edwood porn?
Speaker 3: I want, first of all, I want to know what a porn archaeologist is and Indiana Indiana Johnson, it's just like that's right, I found a bildo in that sand. I mean it would like my brain doesn't compute that. Like I had more, I was easier to understand the cligual letter like always like Plan nine from outer Space and then porn. I'm like, so are they just like paper cutouts doing it? Like I don't know what he's doing. I mean, is it just porn or is it like porn with like aliens? Like I don't get whatever? What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: I guess you got a bite and find out.
Speaker 3: I had a year after it gets put out by Severn so I can get half pres.
Speaker 2: Coming in November if you order direct, and then on December third wide they are also putting out Scala. I think that's how you say it. If I'm wrong, somebody tell me the chat Scala Scala, Scala scale. This is the documentary that was also released by BFI recently. Brendan's laughing at Indiana Johnson. This one is going to have three discs as well. First, disc is the documentary with the commentary with the co director's introduction from the UK premiere at twenty twenty three BFI London Film Festival. A whole bunch of other you know, commentaries and pieces is going to be on this. The disc to Blu Ray is gonna have a whole bunch of shorts that played at the theater as well, and then Disc three a whole bunch of other stuff. This is a lot. This is a huge release.
Speaker 3: I don't I'll be honest, I have no idea what it's about. And it looks like a mix of like like La dolce Vita and Stay by the.
Speaker 2: Bell Now thanks to Terry mister Flickering Waves, he posted in the discord today that he went into the detective work. There is one short on the BFI release that is not on the Severn release. So of course, if you want everything, there's always something missing. BFI has got one on there. A lot of people have loved this documentary. It's a fairly new documentary about a just to say here Yes, between the politically volatile years of seventy eight to ninety three, London's most infamous repertory movie theater or Pleasure Dome screened over four thousand mind warping films that influenced a generation of remarkable writers, musicians, filmmakers, actors, artists, and activists. And they made a documentary about it and it's supposed to be incredible.
Speaker 3: I'm off for a good doc.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looks like a great release, and I'm interested in seeing it eventually. But if you want to buy it now, they've also given you two different bundles to choose from. You've got the Angora Raincoat Bundle, you get the the Edwood blu Ray, you get the Only House, an exclusive adult paperback novel by Edwood, and then you've got a Hall of Fame enamel pin featuring Edwood. Forty seven bucks. That is a much better deal than one hundred and thirty dollars for all that Terrified, I would.
Speaker 3: Say this feels like a very low like like, yeah, that doesn't seem ex separate. I know you don't think those sales are ever gonna have again, and they were trying to empty out their warehouse for out of print titles, but like this, do you think this is a turning of the tide where it's like.
Speaker 2: I don't I think this is fairly comparable to some of their single item Blu Ray bundles that they're putting out. Honestly, it's not a bad price. I'm happy with it. I'm glad that it's getting out there. I would not have expected this to be like seventy five dollars, but I think that this is a good value compared to some other stuff we've.
Speaker 3: Seen for something that's limited to two hundred. I was expecting like sixty because it is not just a single film.
Speaker 5: It's a collection of films, right, plus which is three discs you said, right, three discs.
Speaker 2: Yes, three Blu Ray discs, three Blue Ray disks.
Speaker 3: The book, which, let's be honest with the Simon Night Daily Night Book from Scream was thirty bucks by itself, yep. And an enamel pin, which, of course, apparently enamel pins these boutique labels is like platinum. It's like rare metals, precious metals being stamped. Oh, I am seriously, I'm very surprised by it. I really was expecting like fifty nine, sixty nine dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, let's compare it to the Scala or Scala however, you say, a bundle eighty five dollars. This one's limited to three hundred. You get the three Blu ray release. You also get a second edition of the sold out Scala. I hate that. I don't know to say this properly. This book was supposed to be amazing. We got some pictures of it in the discord from a that already has it. I think that was Christienko from Chicago. If so, thank you for sharing those, Chris. And then on top of all that, you also get a calendar insert and membership card again eighty five dollars for a three disc Blu Ray. A calendar membership card is obviously like nominally cheap. But this book alone is massive and probably by itself would would be going for like fifty dollars. And is it so?
Speaker 3: How big is the book?
Speaker 2: It is larger than the giant fab press books that they did for the Indicator or mondset, which is huge.
Speaker 3: Okay, I would I comparatively like the Child Death book.
Speaker 2: How compared to that much larger? Like we're talking like a coffee table book.
Speaker 3: Well, allow me to my art the coniaction.
Speaker 2: Adam says that book is hard to pick up. Yes, it's uh, it's.
Speaker 3: Hard to pick up, hard to find it's hard to pick up, like it's hard to pick up because it's head.
Speaker 2: It's heavy and has been out of print. So so take take that what you will.
Speaker 3: Because the thing is when I look at these pictures down because ever since I got the Bad Biology you know, did you book, which is like like tiny, you know, I was expecting like a bigger media book. So okay, it's okay, Yeah, I wonder if they're gonna shrink it down or something like that like tshin does you know with their books.
Speaker 2: Not gonna happen. Nope, this is this is a great buy. The book looks amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, cool cool cool.
Speaker 2: Uh. We already talked about this sort of thing, I believe last week or the week before. November twenty fifth, BBC in the UK is releasing the Wallace and Grommitt the Collection on four K. This one is going to be missing even in the extras. There is no Curse of the were Rabbit because it is uh licensing reasons, they don't they don't have the rights in the UK. But if you want an alternative to the Shout Factory release, this is where you can pick it up. I see in the comments, mister Christopher Silvestri just joined says this release is beautiful. Was talking about the last thing, but I didn't want to say Happy birthday, Chris. Thanks for shooting up.
Speaker 3: And I'm surprised that the UK does not have the rights to all the Walls and Gromit.
Speaker 2: That's the BBC themselves, doesn't somebody else himself.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha, I gotcha. Yeah.
Speaker 2: John Wayne's Hatari is getting a four K release from Keno on December tenth, will also be out on a Blu Ray release on the same day. This one has a new audio commentary by Julie Krugo and Peter Hancoff. Uh, and that is the only special feature on this disc.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is John Wayne yelling at a Selle who got blacklisted?
Speaker 2: All right, fairly odd parents getting a complete series DVD release on November twenty sixth. Most of this was in SD so I understand why it didn't need to be an HD. However, I do still wish they put it on Blu Ray because it could have been like a third of the amount of discs. Yeah, but uh, thanks Paramount. I guess is it do you think is maybe?
Speaker 3: I'm sure we've talked about this before. Is it just less expensive to make let's say, fifteen DVDs and it is to make six Blu rays?
Speaker 2: Is it probably that I've never chased down the price of a DVD because nobody's doing it anymore? But that's probably the exact reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I'm just like, I don't know why they wouldn't try and put it on fewer discs. So you make it the box smaller, smaller, box less.
Speaker 2: Cost less shelf space if it goes to some shelves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just just yeah, I don't know why you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: So yeah, uh this thing. November twenty sixth, Universal is releasing a four K iconic film collection of Alfred Hitchcock. Now what's interesting is this actually is not just Universal. This is in partnership with Warner Brothers and Paramount, and this will include north By Northwest and To Catch a Thief from Warner Brothers and Paramount, respectively. And it is stylized the same as those Universal Monster sets that we got last year. And I still don't know what to feel about the arts. As far as I can tell, there is no new bonus features or anything. So if you've got the previous four K releases of Hitchcock. There's not really a reason to have this unless you're a completist and you really want the book.
Speaker 3: But you zoom in a little bit just to see the close up of the art, the cover art. I mean, I like it.
Speaker 2: It's a very specific pop art style.
Speaker 3: It is I and I actually do like that pop art. Yeah, it's it's a table piece or it's like if you have a lot of shelf space. It's one of those things you face outward to show off to people. But like you said, I mean one who's like a Hitchcock fishing and I was going to have this already, and it's not all his film, it's not even close. And you know it's probably gonna be like at least one hundred dollars, right.
Speaker 2: I think it is over one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is it's just stylizing as like, look, it's someone who's like I've got to have all the Hitchcock everything, you know, as opposed to like the last one we talked about from the who's putting out all the older films? Was it imprint who? No, who's putting out all those like the Murder and the older films?
Speaker 2: The oh, Studio Canal in the UK, Studio Canal like that. But by the way, Imprint did announce that they are doing something called the Hitchcock ten or Hitchcock nine or whatever.
Speaker 3: But that box, that that that one from Studio Canal is something I would be enticed to get. You know, if I was so like, get rid of my keynos and just you know, be like, I's gonna play in this one box and have Juno and the Peacock with that. Yeah, one hundred and sixty dollars? What did what did I still dig?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Craig said, I used to have the head four Case says, though, yeah, it's it's it's just someone who's like, I've got to have them all. I'd rather have the poster. I would date poster art.
Speaker 2: Gary wants to know if that's the same artist that did the cover on the Universals or they're just copying it. Honestly, it could be either one.
Speaker 3: I would have to get. I would guess this for legal matters, it would just be the same person. Otherwise I would hope. So if I was that artist, I would have been knowing and that's not me. I'd be like, fuck you just off.
Speaker 2: Anyways, let's talk about hell Boy. Hell Boy the Crooked Man is coming on Blu Ray in the US on December seventeenth from Ketchup Entertainment Ketchup Entertainment.
Speaker 3: First off, I think Ketchup Entertainment went debunked already. I think I think it already went under. Are they don't wants to put out that horrible Robert r Against film with Ben Affleck?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: If so, they're already bankrupt. They already went under, so they wants to produce the film. I have to look into it. But if someone wants to do that research, like who produced that Ben Affleck movie about him? It's like a it's like an inception ripoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never remember the title of it. It's awfu.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely awful. But if I thinks catch Up Films is one who did that, and they had already gone under, I had no idea how Boy movie is coming out? Who is playing Hellboy?
Speaker 2: Who is that? I don't remember? Hypnotic is the name of that movie that you're thinking of?
Speaker 3: Paul, Now I'm flashing back to that horror movie.
Speaker 2: Craig says he's heard Hellboy comic fans enjoyed this and the Hellboy movie fans did not.
Speaker 3: I I don't mind. I never saw the new one. I appreciate the practical effects more in the Gilmbo the Hero versions, but I don't mind, uh either, gentleman playing.
Speaker 2: But did this on purpose. If this doesn't look too enticing to you, because the cover art is awful and there's no special features, what you could do is also order this on four K, coming on the December ninth, so right around the same time. Also coming on Blu ray in the UK from Icon Film Distribution. This will have more than two hours of bonus content, including cast and crew interviews and b roll package with a limited edition premium O ring, plus double sided poster and four art cards. So even though it's a brand new hell Boy movie, you can get a super fancy four K from the UK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jack Kessei, I have no idea. Thank you, Rynan, I have no idea who Jack Kessie is.
Speaker 2: Craig says, this is the one that Magnola wrote, Yes and yes it is never seen it.
Speaker 3: No. I would love for Delta to get to make his third one movie. That would be nice.
Speaker 2: Probably won't winning Best Picture.
Speaker 3: You think they would have thrown him ay right.
Speaker 2: Dread Presents and Epic Pictures have announced their Halloween sale. You can go get thirty one percent off of all of their Epic and Dread Blu ray releases if you put in the code ep Hallo twenty four. I'm good. I believe I checked. I think it's even working. I think they have one or two pre orders right now. I think it's working on that as well. Just a heads up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I saw they had the first terrifier and that was the only thing I even recognized.
Speaker 2: I've got most of their line and some of them are not terrible.
Speaker 3: I think behind you right now.
Speaker 2: Uh no, they're actually stacked up in the window. I can't reach. Most good. Try to test the theory. Hey. Umbrella announced a bunch of titles late in the middle of the night last night. First one a four K release of You Were Never Really Here from twenty seventeen, the Lynn Ramsey film. This is coming on February fifth. This is gonna have a forty eight page book with behind the scenes experiences and art with essays by Alexandre Heller, Nicholas and Andrew Pierce, with a custom artwork rigid case custom design, slipcase, eight art cards, reversible poster. Of course, limited numbered release as they do. And as for the extras, we got a new audio commentary with writer and critic Simon Morado, New Wilderness to the Last Soul of visual essay with Brittent Tilley, new interview with the music Supervisor, new radio interview with the Lynn Ramsey, and a couple archival features on this one. What'd you think of this movie?
Speaker 3: I love this movie.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it?
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 2: I thought the trailer was a way better movie than this movie.
Speaker 3: I liked that it because again I was expecting kind of like a deaf, wish taken type of thing. But it almost like rides a fine line between what it is like this revenge rescue movie and something much And I'm not gonna sli anything for anyone who hasn't seen it, so I'm not gonna get into the nitty grady of the story, but it it It straddles the line up two different types of stories, both of which I would have been perfectly okay with. And I actually think it's like, all of a sudden, You're like, I don't know, these two flavors are gonna mix and you're like, oh, they do. And I get what you're saying that the trailer is like, but I do also also understand that it's a hard movie to to advertise. It is like, clear, you're not gonna sell us to a major audience. It's like, well, we're gonna make this look like a death wish movie.
Speaker 2: Like a Lynn Ramsey is kind of hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like when they advertise Drive is like a fast and furious movie, It's like, how do we get people to come see this movie? Strange thing is that up until recently, Lynn Ramsey wasn't listed on Blu ray dot com as far as they're my movies. App like you could not separate. You couldn't see your Ramsey movies. It's weird. I was like, loving through was like, why doesn't Linn Ramsey have a place in my collection? He's been since added, But I was like, that's so weird that's not there. But the cover artist with the with the hammer on the back, Yeah, is that the same artist that did some of the Mando titles recently.
Speaker 2: Oh it's possible.
Speaker 3: It looks very just the way the edging and the colors and the the simplicity of it and it also reminds me of one of the Blue Is it the Blue Underground? What's the Mexico something or other? It was a it was like a black and white and red cover. I think some hyaks in the movie. It was a four K came out like four years ago, five years ago. It was like a series of like three like Mexican like revenge movies or thrillers or something like that. And I cannot remember the label, but one of them was like start Sema Hyak. I can't remember. I'll have to think. I'll look it up at some point.
Speaker 2: This looks great, A good movie, like I said, comes out on February fifth. I don't remember if I said the date. All of these Umbrella titles do next one after I clicked the wrong things had to do that at least once. It's been a while. February fifth on Blu Ray is filth also coming? This is from twenty thirteen, the James McAvoy. Now, this one I've never seen, but I've wanted to see it for quite some time. Again. Forty eight page book with behind the scenes and art, with essays by Nadine Whitney and David Michael Brown. Full original three hundred and fifty page filth novel by Irvine Welsh in hardback filth, mini plastic, baggie of course, original poster artwork, rigid case, ROGINALD poster art artwork, slipcase, some art cards, poster numbered release, all that fun stuff. And then for the extras, we get a commentary with the director and the author, Irvine Welsh. We've got a new twenty twenty four interview with Matthew Jensen who is the cinematographer. New red carpet interviews with the cast and crew, New collected interviews with John s Baard, James McAvoy and Irvine Welsh. Some archival features that are outtakes, deleted scenes, all that fun stuff. Have you seen, Phil, I.
Speaker 3: Have not, but I do own the UK Blue Ray because I had heard about it. Someone mentioned it on a podcast or something said this is a good movie, and then I saw the image and pootsas in it.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about Perdita DURINGO Humboldt Horror. H Honey wanted to point out Severn released the thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank you, thank you for not for making me not feel like I'm completely like losing my mind, Like I don't know what days talking about that one is he turns around and it's there, it all comes full circle. That's exactly the one I was thinking of. Yes, thank you. I think that's the same artist.
Speaker 2: We got some people saying they like Phil something and they don't like Phil Something. It's pretty good, Paul says, Phil is good. Read the book this year and hated it. Hard to get through, Chris says Phil because I just ordered the old Blu ray two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this came out during the same time. I think as that as that, uh oh, let's getting late. That's why I'm blanking the names. The Jude Law movie where he's like the mobs a getting out of prison, it was like around the same time. It's like him he's screaming at the cover. He's like screaming right at you. And there's this one.
Speaker 2: It's like the two will tell us in the chat, and.
Speaker 3: You're gonna tell us in the chat. I have it, and I'm gonna someone's gonna beat me to it.
Speaker 2: It's fine, not yet, somebody who's gonna say it in the next five seconds.
Speaker 3: So probably the character the character the movie is named after. The character Don Don Hemingway is it they get it right, Don Hemingway something Hemingway, oh mansounding and my and my Blu Ray movies have just crashed on me. Of course my Jude laws hashtagged.
Speaker 2: Paul says Don Hemingway.
Speaker 3: Don Hemingway, thank you.
Speaker 2: I thought so is Chris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Don Henningway thank you? Yeah. They both around the same time. I think as like that, like which one is this one about?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? Well. A big title coming from Umbrella is The Crying Game from nineteen ninety two. An unlikely friendship develops between IRA member Fergus and Jody, a British soldier he is holding captive. When the hostage taking ends up going horribly wrong, Fergus escapes and heads to London, where he seeks out Jody's lover, an enigmatic hairdresser named dil As secrets unravel and personal loyalties are tested, The Crying Game explores the complex dynamics of trust and human nature and a world filled with hidden truths. Well Again have a forty eight page book with behind the scenes experiences and art poster, slipcase and rigid case, eight art cards, reversible poster, new audio commentary with Jane Guy on this for Giles new audio commentary with the director Neil Jordan or Sorry that one's not new, that's archival new Big Secret from twenty twenty four interview with the producer Stephen Wooley, and then a whole lot of archival extras, including three trailers, alternate endings with some commentaries. A fine game. This is one that, again just based on the title, I think I have, but it would have been when I was literally like fourteen, and it's.
Speaker 3: Been I've never I know the twist, so I stand no one's gonna spoil it, but I just got done, well not Jess got about a couple months. I read the book I'm sure I have it right here down in Dirty Pictures, which is about the building the rise of the independent film scene in the nineties nice and the formation of the Sundance Film Festival and Mirramax and I hate Harvey Weinstein even more now. I didn't think that was possible. But this is a big part of it. Because they talked about it, We're trying to like it was almost like a road show release, right, I slowly don't And it was all that. The whole tag was don't don't spoil the surprise. I'm really surprised that they didn't, that this hasn't gotten a a US release like by by Criterion or something like that. I have the I have the BFI release, and that's all I need.
Speaker 2: But just maybe now it will. Now now that they're seeing Umbrella release this, maybe this will good a four K in three months.
Speaker 3: I mean not to spoiling anything, but I think many would feel that the twist has not aged well or the story has not aged well well.
Speaker 2: Going to the next one February fifth, we are also getting Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring from two thousand and three. This is from the director Kim Key Duke. We also have some previous titles from that director. Before we had a new audio commentary with Pierce Conran and James marsh Do visual essay by Nadine Whitney, some archival features. How do you feel about the art on this.
Speaker 3: The art the centerpiece, like the face, is good and some of it feels unfinished, like it feels like they're still working on like the kid's face.
Speaker 2: What do you think I could see that it's not bad, but I saw a lot of complaints about the art on this one today. I didn't think it was terrible, Like.
Speaker 3: You go back one that like that is more striking now that the other way that one right there, like that's more striking right like that framing. I would have that as the cover.
Speaker 2: Well and the actual cover itself. This is pretty great too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all centered up. The other one just feels like they're screaming, like it feels like there's waiting to be more things put into the into the scene. Can't because it's us. There's no waves, there's no it's just a flat sea design which I got.
Speaker 2: In And I've heard lots of great things about this title. This is one that a couple of people have been talking about over the last few months actually because we were getting more titles from this director. So glad this is coming. Looks good. Another one, final one from Umbrella is this year's Asrael. They are getting this release. This is gonna have a twenty page booklet. We got an audio commentary with the director, making of FX, behind the scenes, all that fun stuff. This is a brand new horror movie from this year that's supposed to be just great.
Speaker 3: I tried to see and I couldn't because it was only laying.
Speaker 2: Like for a day. Oh jeez, that's awful.
Speaker 3: And at times square it was like two showings and that was out was done right? Well, like that actually the same thing. It was like, where are that movie go?
Speaker 2: I'm sure this will get probably at least another release in the US and maybe a release in the UK, but either way, it's not that expensive from Umbrella. It's only like twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: Do you do you consider a smart Waiting a scream queen?
Speaker 2: I mean she's only done like she's done like four horror movies that are big, but she was only really the scream queen and like maybe two of them, like ready or not. You might be able to get enough out of that for it.
Speaker 3: But she's like the final girl from the very beginning. Yeah, it's like a whole movie about a final right right.
Speaker 2: And the Babysitter she's great, the other weird one exactly, and the other one that I was gonna throw out there mayhem, like she's that's not even truly like a horror movie. It's more like an action movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't see that one. And Scream six she's in the.
Speaker 2: Opening right barely too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so again I mean I get it, I get it, but there's like so many other final girls are like scream Queens. I would I would put there, Oh right, sure, okay, I remember I like the trailer. I want to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard it's great. Yeah, I've seen a lot of people put it on their best of horror lists for this year, and it's been a pretty good year for horror.
Speaker 3: That used to be my nickname when I was like sixteen seventeen, when I was in the theater camp Horror. This is nerdy is at because do you remember the Chris Catan skit from Now I'm Asriel Creans of Sorrows, And I used to stay that all the time, And so I named myself Asriel. And there's a lot of there's a lot of video footage of me at seventeen, just with a with a George Clooney like Caesar haircut, like listening to Prodigy and calling myself Azriel.
Speaker 2: It's it's in there as amazing. That is so nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I had spoiled the word twist. I mean, yes, just don't even say there's a twist name Moore because then everyone's like, I'm doing the math in my head when I watch a movie, going.
Speaker 2: Right, agree, it's happening. Next title December third, Warner brother is putting out a four K and blu ray for the next animated Watchmen film, and that's Watchmen Chapter two from this year. I've heard these are actually pretty great. Most of the Warner Brothers stuff that's been animated has been very good.
Speaker 3: This animation specific because this looks like the animation they did for What If with Marvel's What If. My own qualm is that, as ever knows at this point, they're gonna do a all together package of course, so if it's only chapter one, chapter two, they're gonna do like the I don't I don't even know if the tails of the Black Creator is depicted in this, but it's like, if you're not gonna have a chapter three, like why chapter one?
Speaker 2: Just this?
Speaker 3: Put them all together is one big set from the very beginning because now because that everyone's caught onto that at that point, now you're just gonna piss people off because it is one giant story, right, I just don't understand it anyway?
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next up, Cinema Guild, when one that we don't talk about all that often. They are putting out in water. The next Honk Sing suit from twenty twenty three. This one will have greetings for the New York Film Festival. A short film by Hon Sng Sue, I extend to look at a Traveler's Needs by Hon Sing Sue. Theatrical trailer, a booklet with an essay by writer and programmer Antwine Theory on reversible cover art, and that is it, Honksng Su. You see anything from Hong Seng Sue.
Speaker 3: I have not, shamefully, I looked at it. I saw this, I was really intrigued by it, but I have.
Speaker 2: Not for Uh, yeah, I've seen a couple. Actually, I really like the director. This does say it's the most experimental film that they've done. Uh, just another big shout out because we don't talk about them that often. Grasshopper Pictures they do a lot of Honksng Su stuff. They've done like almost all of their their catalog through Grasshopper, So make sure you check them out if you want. Again, beautiful art on this area. This is such an incredible coach.
Speaker 3: It almost doesn't It shouldn't be on a physical media really like this feels like a painting like this should be somewhere in a frame, not not on a cover. For for a blue ray.
Speaker 2: This would make an amazing print as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think to someone else's look at the some of the comments there, I forgot we're working in there.
Speaker 2: But oh oh that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: Is I often get Grasshopper and Sandpiper mixed up with each other.
Speaker 2: Oh, those are very different. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I hear in my head of like, do we like do we like.
Speaker 2: Grassper grass upper Bed Sandpiper?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which was yeah, it's like course dark, dark star and dark matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dark arts dark to dark.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, we get it dark.
Speaker 2: Hey. Uh you mentioned this one earlier Internal Affairs from nineteen ninety getting a four K and Blu ray release on December seventeenth from Keno, and all of these special features on the four K disc are in audio commentary by Elaine Silver and James Or and then on the Blu ray, We've got some archival featurettes and interviews and stuff on this one. But at least it's not blanking with nothing else on there. Richard Gear, Handy Garcia.
Speaker 3: Good nineties three or this is my bread and butter, and I have the studio release, but I'll probably get this at some point because I thought it was Final when I first heard announced, I thought it was Final Analysis with Richard Gear and Kim Basinger.
Speaker 2: A bit different, A bit different there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really just was like, oh wow, because this has a one of those bootleg gray market we call it a Spanish releases. Yeah, and I was like, oh, I was about to get that, but I'll get this, and yeah, but I play upgrade. What do you think of it?
Speaker 2: It's a good movie. I've got it in the imprint Neonoir two I think is the one that it's in. You're right, Yeah, so, yeah, good movie, the the imprint Neonoir boxes. I've got the third one happened to be right next me at the moment. These are like they're speaking to my exact love. Like the late nineties early two thousands. Action thrillers like those are great.
Speaker 3: That's why I say give me my Ja, Where's Where's My Waynaem Freakin's.
Speaker 2: J and four K coming soon?
Speaker 3: Come on, Come on, Tarsi.
Speaker 2: I also don't think it's gonna be Tarsi. But anyways, we'll go to the next one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait.
Speaker 2: Here is the brand new Terrifier three. Now that we've talked about it, seven other times tonight. This is a release coming to France on February nineteenth, and this will have so much stuff. We've got a toy, We've got a VHS replica, We've got a barf bag, We've got lots of discs. This has all three films, the second and third one on four K. It also has all hollows. Eve has an exclusive hand painted piece. All that to say, if you get this giant bundle, it's already sold out. It sold out like within a few moments of me posting this. It is crazy. How much however, what's that?
Speaker 3: How much was it going for? Uh?
Speaker 2: It was in euro and I don't remember. I think it was like one thirty euro, which that's not bad. Would have put it at like one fifty one seventy a little more than that probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't know if I go so far as to buy them in that set, but I mean that's for all that, that's not bad. That would be like three hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: All that to say, how is this thing not the cover of the steel book?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, absolutely, or just that slipcover. Well, if the slip cover should be the Christmas gift, Yeah, that's what it should be. Absolutely, I love Jesus the price of Look, if it's your thing, it's like I look at I look at stuff like Terrifier, like spicy food. You like spicy food. You're gonna love this. But there are some people then when you go to a restaurant, they're like, if you even suggest that it's spicy, like, no, can't have it.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I'll I'll, you know, I'll be in the bathroom all night. End up being the john Wick Park. Yeah, exactly, but again john Wick is again someone else. It's very specific, right, But if it's your thing, wow, you're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 2: I agree with that him. I like spicy, not this.
Speaker 3: But again, there's gonna be something that you do like as people are. You're like, hey, let's go do this, and like, I do not like that.
Speaker 2: Chris is asking, do you get all the movies with this? Yes, you get Terrifier one on Blu Ray, you get Terrifier two and three on four K and Blu Ray, and you get all hollows Eve on Blu Ray.
Speaker 3: And I get a closer look at that the in the right next to the left of the barf bag. Never thought I'd ever just say that that is a ray that can almost be the cover. I would take that. Yep, that is a great cover. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think I've had enough Terrifier three for this week, so I think we're done for tonight. But let's talk about some Moondo. They have finally revealed all of these sale titles. These will all be available to pre order on October twenty second, which is only in five days next week. This will be coming at nine am Pacific twelve noon Eastern only at Mondomcabro dot bigcartel dot com. That's it. The sale is going to be running from October twenty second to October twenty seventh. And here we go. First up Cafe Flesh on four K and Blu Ray. It's gonna have a slip cover. The art has not been revealed for the slip yet.
Speaker 3: I love the simplicity oft the TBA.
Speaker 2: I'm almost surprised there wasn't like an amber sand that was.
Speaker 3: I was literally just about to make that shock. Okay, you're the host.
Speaker 2: Fine, we've got an audio commentary with the director, designer, co writer Steven Saadian or say Dian I never remember I'd say his last name, aka Rinstream interview with him as well, interview with the co writer Jerry Stall, interview with Jacob Smith at Northwestern University, interview with writer and performer Jessica Stoya. But the cool thing, I'm really glad Heather Darraine is back on this one. She's like the eminent knowledge of Saaudian. There is going to be a booklet in there, and there's two thousand numbered copies of this. Numbers will be sent out randomly. I know a lot of people are after this. If you want it, there will be a standard. I believe this is not something that is fully limited. It's just a limited edition release. But yeah, this is a big deal for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: From now until the end of time. I guarantee you everything I ever buy from Manda will be a blind buy. I'll ever say oh yeah, I saw that one. No. But again, the talk to people, the think, the amount of talking that people have been doing about this film. I'm just like, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I should mention I forgot to say these are not shipping till January or February.
Speaker 3: That's the one down. I'm like, really really, and I'll say I'm not going to email them down where delivery.
Speaker 2: Like that being said, they did just have a pre order where stuff shipped like three weeks later, so that's absolutely it's a big difference. The next title, uh, maybe the one that I'm most eager to see. This one is a four K in blu ray of Bohachi Bushido Code of the Forgotten eight. This is from nineteen seventy three and it's a Taruo Ishie film, which you may know from a lot of like Aero put out a bunch of their titles as well. You're in an audio commentary with Tom mess on this one. An archival audio commentary. Shinyasuka Moto does an interview the film in the career of taro Ohi, which is really cool. We got a slip cover on this one, like I just showed reversible sleeve, and then we've got a booklet with new writing by Japanese film expert Mark Shilling and again limited to two thousand. This looks like a solid, solid release.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exciting absolutely.
Speaker 2: And then the third title, this is an upgrade for a film that they had on DVD many many years ago. We are getting a four K blu ray dual format release of Girl Slaves, Girl Slaves of Morgana le Fey from nineteen.
Speaker 3: Seven month Ryan, it's a union job.
Speaker 2: It is a union job, and I have been kicked out of the union. This one is gonna have a new four K restoration. Of course, audio commentary with the writer director Bruno Gansillon Gantian is probably how you say it because I am a white, uncultured swine. New and archival interviews with the director, new interviews with the actress from this, a short film the director, and then a booklet with new writing by Pete Toombs himself, plus four double sided full color art cards, again limited to two thousand.
Speaker 3: This is a big deal, most fucked up version of Shira I've ever seen in my life. You inserted something from her back and I was like, what could be on her back that you needed to cover up? And now raise its bondage.
Speaker 2: And done by a couple others as well. There Yeah, yeah, Girl Slaves of Morgano La Fey. Glad this is coming out. Glad we're getting an upgrade. Chris wants to know, do we know how much the bundle will be? We do. It is on their site now. It is one hundred and forty five dollars for all four titles.
Speaker 3: This is so terrible for the four.
Speaker 2: Three four k's and then a Blu ray. And let's get to the Blu ray, because this is a big deal, this title. They announced this originally more than six years ago and then immediately it went into rights hell because something came up with it. And as they say and their little write up, they we announced this seventies Gaelic schocker more than six years ago, but the film went into rights dispute hell almost immediately. Some help from our good friends at Vinegar Syndrome, it's all been sorted out and we could not be more proud to unleash this early example of French extremity upon an unsuspecting world. This is the Punishment from nineteen seventy one, or La Punition. This one is going to have a brand new two K restoration. From the OCN audio commentary by Sam Degan on this one, interview with soundtrack composer and cast member Booky Binkley, It's a Crazy Name, interview with the author Jean Luke Morett, interview with the cinematographer Noel Varie, and then writing on this from a let's see Jacques I think Murray, but okay, yeah, whatever, six double sided our Cards. It's been a long show already. This is maybe the one I'm most excited for because they to be willing to put in like seven years into one title is crazy.
Speaker 3: What does that say about us? They were like, yeah, I wait to order this. What did Ronnie Coss earlier Moist Demons Moist it's almost one in the morning, like I'm standing in a mostly dark apartment, talked about this movie about the punishment. Yeah, this naked woman crucified.
Speaker 2: Chris says, you save eight dollars with the bundle. Yeah, I mean you get basically better than free shipping, which remember.
Speaker 3: You can also order all of your library things you haven't gotten yet from.
Speaker 2: Them exactly exactly, and everything's going to be on sale.
Speaker 3: Moist Devil Worshippers, thank you.
Speaker 2: Y Yes, I believe almost everything is fift.
Speaker 3: So like ten bucks in like a title, because some of the stuff is listed there twenty right now.
Speaker 2: I well, I think most of them end up being like fourteen.
Speaker 3: Oh they go with the MSRP.
Speaker 2: Yes, pro so I think everybody does.
Speaker 3: They don't list it the way that Vinegar Syndron knows where you see the MSRP crossed out and you see the other price. They only show all price, so I assume that was their price.
Speaker 2: Okay, Gary's pointing out, you guys say certain mainstream movies didn't age well, and you don't even blink when you show this stuff. That is very true for a lot of people. I don't think I've said something didn't age well at all tonight to.
Speaker 3: Our argument, when I say it didn't age well, it started one way and went to the other way. This was never accepted. It's still on the outskirts of society. We're just eager to watch it.
Speaker 2: Wave is asking have you seen any of these films? I'm thinking of picking up the bundle. I've seen some of Cafe Flesh, but not not this version at all. It's not I'm not even gonna be able to say that I saw it. I've seen some of like a broken VHS version basically Girl Slaves and Morgano La Fay. I watched a long time ago, like maybe right after the DVD came out.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: I remember it being decent, like pretty much most Mondo titles. I don't remember a lot of details from it, but uh, it's very different for me nowadays.
Speaker 3: So Wave is saying that standards are twenty and cases are twenty seven, I think, And Wave is that because they are listed at twenty and twenty like right now, So is that are they already now discounted down in anticipation?
Speaker 2: They definitely go lower than twenty like standard Blu ray releases definitely go to at least fifteen if not adults.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like seven prices yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Which is pretty much comparable with everybody.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not looking for I mean, last time seven was like seven bucks for a a deluxe box, and I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Wave is saying right now they're at that price.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, So that is the amno Macabro titles those.
Speaker 2: Are being no. Actually Jared did that one because he's gone through a lot of censorship issues too, like their Vimeo channel got pulled during the last round, and Vimeo is supposed to be like the bastion of free speech where you can take like anything crazy. So yeah, for the record, we are doing a recording of wild Side the Moto Macabro Official Podcast this weekend to talk about all the sale items if you want any questions answered, there is a prompt in the discord you can come. I think there is, maybe I did not post it yet. I will post a prompt at the discord asking if anybody has any questions, That is where you can send those in and I will try to get those asked on the podcast.
Speaker 3: That's right, Anthony, it's the Perversion.
Speaker 2: Coming soon. We don't have a date yet. Smile to The four K steelbook from Paramount can already be be pre ordered Walmart. I think it may have sold out already earlier today. They'll probably release more because it's Paramount and they want money. But I am shocked that they went with this cover art on this. As far as I'm aware, this dude, which is Jack Nicholson's son, is hardly in the film from what I hear.
Speaker 3: Is so because he so he's not the friend that dies that triggers the whole thing. No, No, because that's a guy from a bunch of stuff that I've seen. Yeah, I don't know, I don't know why. I think maybe that's because it's Jack Nicholson's son.
Speaker 2: Because it's a decent poster, that's probably why they did it.
Speaker 3: Craig I don't know, but they cannot put this movie out soon enough if I have to see this fucking trailer one more.
Speaker 2: Goddamn everywhere Craig is saying, is this actually better than the original? It released today?
Speaker 3: It better than the original? The original, in my opinion, couldn't even honor its own like world building, Like they broke the rules as they get the movie to end.
Speaker 2: But this is many modern films do that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, but this movie, like I will show up late to movies to miss the trailers and I still get the smile to trailer at the end. It will not stop allowing me around.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, guess what, we only have two more slides to cover.
Speaker 3: All right, great, let's move on from the Smile too.
Speaker 2: Then, Speak No Evil from twenty twenty two. This is the original Speak No Evil, the international Speak No Evil is finally getting an English friendly blu ray release in the UK from Acorn. This is in conjunction with RLJE. I believe they're owned by the same company actually, so it's kind of like RLJE doing it themselves. But this is finally getting released in the UK. I hope they do a decent version of this because the streaming version of Shutter titles are not that great usually, like there's a lot of compression problems and then there's subtitle problems. But I freaking love this movie. I've not seen the remake, but this one was great. I've been waiting for a good release of this. I hope it's good. I also hope that this indicates a release coming to the States.
Speaker 3: I had I had heard about this, tried to avoid what it was about because the person reviewed said, don't just going in as blind as possible. Skins in Call of Duty and you combine a great way. I mean, that's that's just being yelled at by twelve year olds over over video games while running around a smile to Skins is like the least exciting thing I can think of in my day. But I didn't mind. The remake is good. I mean, I'm sure compared to the original it's not as good, but I thought it was. The husband in this in the remake is the most useless character in the world, Like he's just he was annoying as hell. But this is I have an inkling. This is my guest that we'll probably see this come out with the OCN partner label.
Speaker 2: Hopefully that I mean, I would love to see it, love to see good release. Yeah. Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Shutter and Severn made that deal too. Oh I didn't know, did Yes. I think they announced like ten or twelve titles coming through seven.
Speaker 3: So Severn said that they got it cleared up. So I'm getting all my titles make SPT. It's so late. That was Mondo, Yes, never.
Speaker 2: Mind, EVERYN and VS have both partnered with Shutter. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking if they were gonna like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh finally and this isn't even a true announcement. I put up an interview late this week with Oscilloscope Labs, which is a company that you actually get a shout out in the interview because I say, my friend has walked by the storefront and sent me multiple pictures of Oscilloscope and yeah, you've.
Speaker 3: Seen then take it pictures.
Speaker 2: That's not true. I can go back in our history and show it.
Speaker 3: I have said that I've wanted to go to the Storts in Brooklyn, but I have not sent you pictures because I've never been to it.
Speaker 2: I got okay, we'll talk about it later anyways, I will talk about it. Why I have loved Oscilloscope for a long time, and they are labeled that has not been super out there getting themselves on social media as much. They are pretty busy. So I finally got them. It's I got a couple of people work on the discs to come on and talk about some stuff. It's not a super long interview. They were incredibly busy. Grateful they gave me some time. Hope people give this to watch. Is fun conversation. Oscilloscope does not get enough love at all.
Speaker 3: What was hard to secure this or Yellow Veil?
Speaker 2: I started trying to get both around the same time, but Yellow Veil I had gotten a response from and just could not schedule with. So maybe Yellow Who is this second site? Well maybe no, I don't have Shout yet. Criterion is the White Whale second site. I would love to get Eureka one day. There's there's quite a few that I don't have yet. Yeah, but what we need to do, which we always do, is check out what is coming out next week, because man, there are some big titles coming out the rest of this year. We've got the sixth Cents and signs on four K next Tuesday. Deadpool of Wolverine Finally getting its four K release, Death Becomes Her four K from Scream Twisters four K, Ghost four K from Paramount. The US four K of The Hitcher gets its release next week. The twenty ten Wolfman four K from Screen Factory, the newest Columbia Classics box set coming out next week. Dead Pool Wolverine also coming in four K steel books, which are holding their value on everywhere that's selling them at like fifty dollars which is crazy.
Speaker 3: Almost said sixty nine dollars when it first came out.
Speaker 2: Expensive. I don't understanding about that.
Speaker 3: Well, the Thanksgiving steel book is still holding it forty one no, thank you, Yeah no. I do want all the behind the scenes stuff that Eli Roth shott Or gave to the cameras to the Yeah Hell Raiser.
Speaker 2: Coretende of Torment four K from Arrow in the States next week. Cabinet of Doctor Caligari four K from Keno, Gummo four K from Criterion, Twisters four K steelbook, Cuckoo and Oddity getting their release. Cheeky getting its standard four K release next week. In a Violent Nature from RLJ e Veep, the Complete series Creature with the Blue Hand and Web of the Spider from filmmasters elvam Piro from Indicator border Lands, that giant theatrical hit getting its release, Broken Oath from Eureka in the US next week. Nineteen eighty two, Greatest Geek Year Ever from MVD rewind We are getting Fluke from Keino. The Intern four K Kung Fu Rascals coming next week, Vacation four K, Village of Doom from Unearthed. I've been wanting to see that one since I heard that story. Hussy coming from Keno Cult next week. The Kung Fu Instructor from eighty eight Films I believe is still on track to be released next week. Plenty from Keno, Young Blood from Keno Tag four KNT.
Speaker 3: Don't skimp on Slingshot. Seriously, people watch Slingshot. If it's streaming somewhere. You don't think that's sarily, go ahead and buy it. I'm just telling you you're gonna be surprised.
Speaker 2: Why did they have to take the post art of them in a jar? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't talk for the I can't talk for the post start. Look, the beast within is just the dude from a Game of Thrones looking right at you. I mean, it's still definitely worth seeing.
Speaker 2: Us interesting. I'd like to see sling shot doesn't look terrible. I forgot the Bobadok anniversary Blu ray releases coming out next week, which is still very weird. Up the Creek from Keno, Good Girl Jane, the Arctic Convoy from Magnet, and those are the big ones. What do you what do you already got in or what are you hoping to get?
Speaker 3: Go to scroll Go to the tub and scroll down if you could, thank you so oh at the top. Okay, I plan again. Death becomes her eventually. Sixth sense. I have not ordered, but I want to get that again. Deadpool seventy dollars. I'm not spending, but all wait, I have Howard's or Quartet of Torment already from when it came out in the UK. I kind I want to see it in a violent nature. No matter what you.
Speaker 2: Say, I forgot you didn't seen it yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a horror movie is director by Terrence Mallett. I'm off for it, Cuckoo. The ambiance is great, but I'll tell you right now there's parts of that movie missing. It just I watched it and at some point it just off the rails. But there's stuff that is freaking in it really, like like Brian de Palma meets like Croninberg. It's just weird. It's a freaking weird movie. There's stuff that still just creeps me out from it.
Speaker 2: But that's my big question.
Speaker 3: I did not it looks like it looks like the old Willow Tree from Pocahontas.
Speaker 2: It does, But I've heard it's like, literally maybe the best horror movie of the year. I really see it.
Speaker 3: I'll definitely see it. In the same is the best. I do always get really interested in these Indicator boxes. They look so nice.
Speaker 2: They're good.
Speaker 3: One don't if it again ever ten years ago, I would buy it, but it's like I have to think of room and pricing that. Yeah, I didn't get see Borderlands. I bet y'all if it's a raal like, I bet y'all end up watching. It's not great. It's not the worst thing ever. In Turn is a really fun movie. You know, it's one of them. It's like it's like the devil worst product, Like, Wow, everyone surprisingly really loves his movie. Yep, uh Osiel got the Hitcher. Hussy is still available through Indicator, so you gather on one of their sales. Uh, I'm not really The tinto brass looks fun, but these things are a little too pricey to go for just seventies, you know, art as as a will it say it's it's a great movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know that anybody's ever called cheeky great.
Speaker 3: I mean again, everyone's got their own, their own thing. Uh. I just think it's gonna be a montage of a girl on a bicycle with her skirt flying up like for two hours.
Speaker 2: Isn't just me? I mean there's there's three different covers, so I get it. But that's that's basically We've got the gist of it. Next week is.
Speaker 3: Crazy, just not need to be in a four K. I'll just say that.
Speaker 2: That's my last comment on that great movie. Weird freaking ending.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that guess completely screws the booch at the end.
Speaker 2: It's such a crazy ending.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bizarre.
Speaker 2: I got one more I forgot to mention. I am also recording the next episode the Next Deaf Crocodile Podcast with Craig and a buddy of his who also works in film restoration, and we are doing a full episode question and answer on film restoration. So if you have questions on specific projects that the that they've worked on, or just on the process or anything. You can submit them to Craig at deff Crocodile dot com via email and he's compiling all those together and we will be able to get those answered on the episode. So give give that a give that a thought, because there's a lot of questions. I think people have a lot of assumptions about film restoration that just aren't the case. So make sure make sure you get those questions and we'll try to get some answers.
Speaker 3: Good stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, sir, are you ready to build a boutique label?
Speaker 3: I'm ready. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: So the parameters for tonight. Since this was all your idea, why did you lay this out for us?
Speaker 3: So the original idea that I was gonna have like this like hot topic discussion about physical media in general. But then I had this other idea that I said. It came to me. I said, hey, you know what if we you know, each took like these categories, these aspects of a label, and we're going to basically just build our dream label. But we have to do it like in respect of like well I would do it like this label and then like this like this label, so there's no there's no rules. You can pretty much do what you want. This is our fantasy world. And then so I thought, well, while we're discussing, then why we chose these labels that in turn will hopefully you know, branch out to a discussion about physical media where we are rather than just being an open discussion.
Speaker 2: Right, and the things that we're deciding on each of these are going to be able to lend themselves to their own discussion of like what we prefer and why and what we look for in releases. I hope this isn't too hard to follow if we're both going item by item and going back and forth rather than listing everything about one of our labels.
Speaker 3: I don't think it will be. I think that's why I bullet pointed it off where it's just like, like the very first thing is name of our label, so you know, some things will get more discussion than other. Plus I also think it's fun because other people can also just throw in their two census about like what they would name it, or like you know, who they would emulate in terms of you know, cover art and stuff of that nature.
Speaker 2: So then for the first one. Why don't we list the name of the label and our mission statement mantra whatever that we're saying.
Speaker 3: Brandon, enjoy. It's a good cause.
Speaker 2: Enjoy and enjoy Satan slave for sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can catch up later, all right, all right, so you want to go first to should I go first? Give us the name of your label and then the genre mantra mission statement.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the name of my label will be rainy day Films, and our mantra or mission statement is giving those casual watches and frequent rotation films the boutique treatment.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: So it really is, like we talked about it, not any specific genre, but it's just those movies where it's like, look, I think Chineler's List is a masterpiece, but I'm not gonna watch it every day, right, I'm going to try to fall asleep, or if I'm just bored, I want to put something on the background or whatever. Like there's just those films that you just put on again and again and again. As an example, it's not gonna be on my list to night. But like Game Night, Like I've seen Game Night now like thirty times because it says that movie, I you know, while I'm falling asleep, or like if I'm doing my crunches and I just don't want to have to pay total attention, but I want to have something going. I'll put that on, or I'll put like Elie Confidential on or you know some of that nature.
Speaker 2: What idea I have to apologize in advance. I took advantage of this idea because I I'm going like as full into the male side as I possibly could for this. I Craig's comment, I I, if you've listened to me before talking about like things that I wish labels would focus on, you can probably guess what this is about to be. So uh my, I just can't believe I'm about to do this. The name of the label scenes of Skinema uh the genre mantra mission statement protecting the lost DTV and overlooked erotic thrillers of the eighties and beyond and giving extra love to the films that have gotten releases prior that never got enough love from the studios.
Speaker 3: We almost had crossover. I was almost gonna go with that, but I feel like we've discussed too many times yep, that we've doubled down. It's like no erotic thrillers, erotic thrillers, and like I gotta.
Speaker 2: That's why I asked if you were going to focus on a genre. So that's perfect, But.
Speaker 3: Now are you talking because it's funny because you know that documentary that came out We We We Kill for Love or Yeah, it's like they do such a decid Like my there's like the rotic thrillers that are like the top tier, like the Basic in Stings and the you know, all all those films, and then there's the Shannon Tweed and then there's everything underneath the Sharon the Shannon Tweed. So are you are you talking about those deep, deep deep.
Speaker 2: Cuts, like we're hitting all three label, all three levels of that because even like the most well known titles have mostly gone overlooks like they've gotten shitty. Kenot releases are really terrible. Mill Creek releases like this Dance of the Damn would be perfect. Yeah, there you go, all right, So the big question what is the studio that you're teaming up with first?
Speaker 3: And why I am going to And again, this is our fantasy world, so I can do whatever I want. I'm teaming up with Disney, but not because I want Disney films. I want their Buena Vista, I want their.
Speaker 2: Hollywood to touch on.
Speaker 3: I want I want those because those are like again the eighties and nineties, because I was trying to think of like Rainy Day, like, well, I'm not going to put on an erotic thrower for a Rainy Day film. I may in some sense, but like you know, there are other films of that time growing up that's like there's some action, there's some comedy, there's some but there's a good mixture of all that in the in the Buena Vista Touchstone family where it's like they were putting out like we're like it was just like it was like an erotic thriller. And then you see their other timelines and then like whatever it is, Turner and Hooch comes out the next week. Right, I think they had the most to offer me. I tried doing Trymark or try Star Sony, but there just wasn't enough. Like I don't want to watch that movie, right, like just irobab just pop that movie in. Like at one point I started making my list of movies. I'm just like if I put that title in, people are gonna look at me like that's the movie you're gonna put in on a rady day.
Speaker 2: No, exactly. So I had to obviously go to Warner Brothers Discovery because they owned Cinemax. Like that's that's the obvious answer here, because if I'm going to dive into something, they've got the back catalog. Not to mention everything, Warner Brothers, They've got hands in a lot of different.
Speaker 3: I was reading the comment, what was he saying.
Speaker 2: W B Discovery because they own they own Cinemax, So it seems like an obvious to me. A lot of those have not ever had great releases, and I'm gonna be honest, most of them probably don't have film elements. A lot of them are shot on video, a lot of them are shot on digital. A lot of them were literally just tossed because they're never going to do anything else. So unfortunately, a lot of these probably gonna have to be rescued from other sources or restored some other way. I mean, there's you know, my friend Brian in the chat, He's got a bunch of these on a laser disc, so we might have to borrow some of his laser discs to get a good transfer.
Speaker 3: I just say that, like a lot of these to your to your point, because I think we talked about it at some point for some reason. I think because I was saying I think I listed like the top ten ironic thrillers that need to be put out. You went, I don't know these idols.
Speaker 2: And that's the best part of erotic thrillers. Everybody has a different touchdoone on those.
Speaker 3: And the thing is like the thing that makes let's let's let's say like the talk about what the elephant in the road like the thing that makes you rodic familiar. Great, He's like, you want to see the unrated version. You don't want you want to see the water down version. The problem is a lot of these movies that come out on just now are the R rated version.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So Thief of Hearts was R rated, Dream Lover was R rated, And these are MGM tiles where it's just like if you ever remember, it's like they would always offer you the full screen and widescreen edition, the rated unrated. You had to go through all these things a prompt which version you were going to watch, But everyone always most to the unrated. It's true, everyone always goes it before unrated. The game the cheapest promotional thing in the world in the early two thousands when it's like get unrated of whatever. It is bullet to the head and it's like two extra shots of blood and it's like exactly like did anyone tell the difference? You know? That was a selling point.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so how are how are we doing this next part? I don't I don't know how to set up this next part.
Speaker 3: Let me see. It is Company to Mimic as far as interesting, I think business like ethics, the way that they that they function. So I'll give you mine. Okay, My Company to Mimic was Criterion because I like their infrastructure. I like that they have that they have a base of operations. You know, they have a great clientele. You know, they have all the connections. You know, I want to have access to those people that made the movies, you know, where someone like Vinegar Syndrome is feels very more like fan focused, so you know, and some of the ways, like we've discussed it, like in terms of like how they promote themselves and it's like a lot of trying to like induce fomo through their like it never feels like that was Criterion. There's no limited edition all the titles are on sale right away, doesn't matter if it came out the week before or during the sale. It's fifty percent off. And there's two flights sales and two barns.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I mean that's for sales of their entire library right for the air, and we'll get into that later with sales. But like that, that to me is the most And again they're they're the grandfather of physical media, so it's like that's I want to have that already set infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Just like we are.
Speaker 3: We are the grown ups in an office building. You know, we have it set up and you know, Will Defoe will come over and do an interview with us if we if we want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 3: Well, so does that help with you with choosing one?
Speaker 2: It did? I well, I knew what I was doing. I was mostly asking for how we were going to see the audience. Uh So the one that I'm going with here is Second Side for a lot of the same reasons. They they release standard editions the same day as the limited editions, so there's no like pressure to buy the larger box set if you don't want it. But at the same time, they are known for literally like pushing the boundary on the highest quality possible. They somehow have contacts to get all of these incredible filmmakers from the last twenty years to show up for commentaries and interviews and do great supplements. The fact that they are the ones that have like pushed Umbrella to be doing books in all of their releases is because Second Site's like, oh, you want this movie, We're doing two hard back books, and you've got to deal with it. Like, there's so much that they are putting into their boxes that are just incredible. People just play know that their titles rarely go on sales, so if you want them, it's just there's a lot of value in the disc and I know to purchase them when I want them. They have a fairly consistent announcement schedule. They have a fairly great track record with release dates. The only thing that gets pushed back is when manufacturing goes wrong, and it's really only pushed back by like a week. Right, Second Site, Yeah, everything to me is pretty much top of the stack right now.
Speaker 3: Would you be a one man army though, would you emulate that or would you have more of it?
Speaker 2: I mean, you have a production team, but I think a lot of a lot of this can be done if you have the right people helping out. And I know that sounds weird to say about a one man army, but obviously second Site is not one person. They have producers, they have other people assisting. It's just it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Can I can I that? Yeah? I mean that sound true. I mean obviously I'm gonna use second size reference later on, but yeah, uh yeah, no, absolutely. I mean the one thing I'll push back on that is their their release schedule. I'm sure it makes more sense to you than it does to me. Like all of a sudden, I'll like wake up one morning, like open up my phone and there's disconnected and it's like, here's the picture of the box with the art cards and the book laid out in front. I'm like, oh, oh, it's the Second Site.
Speaker 2: The thing is that they now Friday mornings. That's the only time they ever announced but a Friday morning. Yeah, whenever something is ready to be announced, So there's not specific dates. They can if they have two that they want to announce it a month. It doesn't have to be on the same day, it can be doesn't have to fire.
Speaker 3: So like I was saying in terms of consistency, it's like I know that the fifteenth criterion will go out their house. I know that the first will be the Intergod syndrome.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 3: So it's like if it were once a month on a Friday, you know, but we'll science go like two months with no second side or three months. It's like, it's a joy when it shows up, and I'm like, right, oh man, you want then you're like, from the.
Speaker 2: Behind the scene side, you kind of want that freedom. You don't want to be forced to do it on the fifteenth of stuff is not sure.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's a smart move. I'm just saying, like as a fan, I'm like walking in, I'm just like if I see like what's come out and I'm not a fan of that movie, right, disappointing, I'm like, damn it, now, I gotta wait till the next time they announced something to see it's something I want. So they're usually they're pretty on the on the you know, on the money with stuff that I would want. It's very like fume far between. They'll be like, I don't know, I'm already need a deluxe edition event yep, And you're right, you know, you guys, just grab it, because even if there was a sale, those things aren't lasting a few maybe, like I noticed that green Room is still available and maybe possessed.
Speaker 2: Or probably but like.
Speaker 3: What's called what's the French extremist one with the girl? What's your name?
Speaker 2: With the girl? High tens attention? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I'm like that narrows it down, yes, high tension. That sold out really.
Speaker 2: Fast, sweet, very fast.
Speaker 3: Yes, like inside too, I think so, but like mean Streets is still there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also it got a competing release from Criterion right at the same time.
Speaker 3: But I mean if people package obsessed, I mean that thing is also a brick.
Speaker 2: I agree. Yeah, all right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Uh we have packaging? So so you want me to do mine?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 3: Mine's kind of like a split. I did second Sight and Arrow because I said I would. I would remove the lobby cards. I would sacrifice lobby cards for bigger books and perhaps smaller booklet inside the am RA a case detailing the restoration process for the film and its history on physical media. So, like the thing is, I want to basically take everything, all the excess quote unquote junk that most people are not going to get excited about when they see the announcement. So whatever cost to make those art cards, which probably isn't much, but just then take that money and make whatever book you're gonna make, make it bigger. You know, I don't even need the a poster. I just need stand the girl movie stands up with telling me about it. Yes, I know, it's light sand. Yeah, just like a hardback book. And then if possible, do a little book but on the inside case and that can be like just like the you know how I criteria used us to break down like this was done from this negative and the dust and the specs were removed and all that stuff, and have a booklet just about the rest rate. It's just about the release and then the hardback. The hard book is the you know, the articles and the essays.
Speaker 2: And all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But this is kind of like your info booklet, like you know, hey, this was on laser disc with these special features, and then this one and then this one and now this is the road to our four k's you know, paved with many releases. Booklets cost more than the discs kind of create that is crazy. That is that is really crazy, Greg. That's at this hour, it's ry to wrap my brain around that. Why is that? Is that you mean the physical discs.
Speaker 2: The actual production of them?
Speaker 3: Oh? God, the pressing of the discs? Yes, gotcha? Okay, I guess maybe I don't know, because maybe there's papers more in demand than discs.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's a more in depth process kind of.
Speaker 3: And Greig, maybe this is going down a rabbit hole. But is that Does that make a difference if it's like a hard back book or you're doing like a just like a pamphlet, like a little booklet insert.
Speaker 2: Well, the Deaf Crocodile is not a hard back it's.
Speaker 3: Just okay, but like a perfect bound books as compared to like a booklet like the Onest Criterion, you know, right in the little uh clips on the inside of the MRA case.
Speaker 2: Ryan Cheek is asking how much do special features add to the cost of the disc, because earlier, he says, I wish the company would just put out in with out special features. I've never watched a special feature, and those drive the cost up. Uh, those drive the cost up a lot less than you think we're talking. I mean a couple maybe a dollar or two per disc, like over the entire life of what they're printing, not that much.
Speaker 3: I will say, you're probably gonna end up almost like do the reversing costume, they would end up putting the cost back onto the customer because they would have to do correct me if I'm wrong, an addition with no features, and addition with features, and then.
Speaker 2: Bring an entirely different disc.
Speaker 3: And so that almost makes it more. You're better off just waiting for that box and that book to go away, and then you've just saved yourself twenty bucks or something.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like, I really just need I don't need a long box. I don't need anything. All I want is the thing that like accompanies the movie. I don't need a poster or anything. I just want a book about the thing that I'm going to watch right in a nice hard back book. And to that point, because this is going to be part of my hot topic discussions, I'll ask you this right now. Steel books are dead. Long live the hard box? Do you agree or disagree?
Speaker 2: I don't think they're dead yet, but I think if they keep getting priced the way they are, they will about to be dead soon. And the only way that I will say long live the hard box, which I mean for sure, the hard box is gonna win no matter what. My answer for the packaging kind of ties into that, so I'm just gonna launch into it. I hope more companies lean into what my pick is for this. And I'm not just saying it because Craig's in the chat or anything. I'm gonna say deaf Crocodile has kind of nailed it. The hard box, that is the extra thin version of this disc and the release. It is small enough to fit on the shelf in a way that's not the hitcher. It's not overwhelmed, it's not crazy. It's got the nice Skenovo box that looks like a Criterion, got a really nice booklet. Everything about this passes the hard knock test. The art is good, it gives you multiple places to put new art. You've got the really nice looking standard which is identical to everywhere else that you're releasing this on the inside, I would absolutely want to keep this they are putting out on def Crocodile. This follow this QR code access transcribed bonus content, so the commentary, the interviews, things that they can transcribe you can access on a PDF, so you can read them wherever you are if you don't have time to sit down and watch the commentary or what have you. The only thing I will say, and maybe Craig can take this as a what to do. This is on the front of this card that you're putting in the box. There's nothing on the back. Perhaps what you just said about the release, I would love to see this release was from the restoration of these film elements and where we source them, and who did the restoration and the year that if anything.
Speaker 3: Where you're saying, if you hold out that card again, I thought you were gonna say, take the QR code. Put it on the blank side because it's blocking the art on the front.
Speaker 2: Nah, no, no, I get that. But yeah, it'd be nice to see. Okay, yeah, yeah, so I love that. Also love their booklets. I think this is a really great size. You don't have a ton of pictures or art or anything like that. There's a lot of writing. It's a really great balance. I think this is a perfect way to sell everything about the film. You You've got enough for somebody to to fully you know, get immersed in the context of the film. Whether you have somebody like Walt Chaw riding on everything or another critic. You've got, you know, room to get an archival interview with director or something like that. That's a really great way to sell these.
Speaker 3: So sore. I'm I assuming then you're a fan of the Indicator the slim box indicators.
Speaker 2: I am, but they are lesser than this if you have held both of them together. The Deaf Crocodile ones are better quality, for sure. Everything about Deaf Crocodile it doesn't feel as flimsy as the Indicator ones. I do like the size, and I do like the size down for those, but they're still using the little cardboard digipac things to hold the discs and I don't love those. I prefer the big Scanovo case that Deaf Crocodile is using, and it makes it easier to sell everything. You're gonna have less damages if you're shipping the standards without the hard box and all that stuff, and it's not in a plastic case like that, there's gonna be worse and you may as well save on materials. Do the same.
Speaker 3: Are the indicators not in Scanovo cases?
Speaker 2: I thought they were not always No, the I don't know that I have. They are not in Scanovo's No, they are in like a little cardboard dig you peck.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't like the dig it looks like you also does digitpack.
Speaker 2: Sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is yeah, help the environment.
Speaker 2: Trapped, ashes and feel a Day are the booklets are bumped up to eighty pages. All right, what do we got next?
Speaker 3: Uh, supplements, packaging supplements. Yeah, I would this, This was I kept going back and forth. I was gonna do arrow originally, but I wanted to be able to shout out enough labels and I was gonna go with indicator. Indicator always has like just a plethora of features, especially when you know those like boxes that the Columbia Noir boxes. Every single disc has like a significant amount. They don't feel like epk's. They don't feel like you know, just like small. Like not to go bashing on them again, but something like Screen Factory is like we sat down with the gaffer for five minutes, and the guys like, I remember I was on cocaine and maybe I think I slept with one of the actresses. I don't remember. It's like and it's like that's it. It's like, okay, it's like but they actually put together like an entire piece, you know, especially the what was the that Religious Families collection of films that.
Speaker 2: They had your mindset?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just look I'm like, I don't know about this. I don't know if it's something I'd be able to watch over and over again. But just the amount of content that they had on there was intriguing, and it was archival. It was he didn't feel like, you know, something someone like just produced in the house and like talking heads. It was actual, like, oh we we have all this, you know, like a documentarian's wet dream to have all this like archival footage. So I mean er as well. We all know the back of an Arrow case is like takes you five hours to read all the stuff. But I don't know, it's I.
Speaker 2: Think I think indicator is more consistent there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. Consistency. It doesn't It's not always that way, at least not as much as it used to be. I feel like in the past, during like the early twenty ten, like twenty ten twenty one, it was like a consistent thing with Arrow when it was horror, when it was horror and schlock and stuff like that. Everything had like a pair of raff of features, and now it's like here's Demolition Man and.
Speaker 2: Here's a bunch of our features and one new commentary.
Speaker 3: He's a taco bell sticker, and there you go. What about yourself?
Speaker 2: Uh? Funny enough, Like I don't want to repeat too much, but my answer I literally wrote the words. It's obviously Indicator. Indicator has sort of everything.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We are in a situation with Indicator where they are they are treating the releases like they are archiving everything related to this film. So the only main difference, like a lot of the stuff that I'm putting out on this fake label is they are modern films and a lot of Indicator stuff is not modern. So the only thing I would add is Indicator gets everything that they possibly can from back then. I also want to do more filmmaker stuff than what Indicator gets to do, because they're mostly doing stuff from like nineteen thirty and that's not the same. So obviously, like I want a critic commentary, I also want a filmmaker commentary if possible, if it's somebody that cares and is good and remembers. Actor interviews, I definitely want those. I want more writer interviews than we see on releases. Those are important people that don't get a lot of love definitely want more location footage than we get from a lot of these labels. The big thing though, is most releases probably not a release, but most releases should have a commentary, should have some interviews, should have at least one visual essay, and then the big thing for many of these erotic thrillers, most of these people have done short films and they never get any releases. Throw every short film from these people that you can, because they're not the rights, aren't stuck with some studio, right, Get as many short films as you can. And that's why, like def Crocodile, I love. I mean, I didn't even look at this, but I bet this thing four rare animated shorts on this adella has not had supper yet released that I would will. Sorry, you're good host for me. That's great. The shorts are here. We don't get that on most releases, so I want to see as many shorts as I possibly can.
Speaker 3: Well again to tout to just you know, pump up indicator is like, like you said, they are doing a lot of forties and fifties. These people are no longer with us. The fact that they can get that content is even more of a miracle because you're talking about eighties and nineties. There's no reason like studios and probably we're alsusly we're making up these labels, but in reality, most of these companies, it's like, you have this stuff, it's just there, it's on YouTube. Just pull the damn stuff and put it up there.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Again, we just just do it, Just do it. But if you're in the studio that owns all the promotional material, and you've at least had some type of like recognition of what people like in your the stuff do you manufacture, it's like, well, maybe people do want. Like look if you're Warner Brothers and you're putting out the Batman series, and you don't think that fans would be excited and get a kick out of all the McDonald's all the promotional Batman forever, like you know, material commercial commercials, Yeah exactly, Or they're like the like like I've got all the bugs now Batman, like all the like that's what people want, Like I'll get drive through like put that on there. You don't realize that that's what do you think people go to YouTube for? Other than the disconnected.
Speaker 2: I see, yeah, but like that's.
Speaker 3: What people fall down a rabbit hole with watching it. You see what I send you on on on Instagram, like an old commercial from like twenty years ago. There's there's an audience for this. For God's sake, it's vinegar syndrome, but mix mixed movies of just like promotional materials from the sixties and seventies.
Speaker 2: To be fair, that's AGFA, not vinegar syndrome, right, yes, yes, yes, But again there are labels that are doing this. Is that there is an audience absolutely. I mean, trailer compilations historically have sold very well.
Speaker 3: So look, if it wasn't TVD, I would have ordered the damn thing from Fun City, all right, But I'm not. You know, come in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: You know I want to. I mean, look at a label that we haven't talked about in years because they're defunct now. But Garage House Pictures was huge because they've done four I think it was trailer compilations that all sold out very quickly.
Speaker 3: I don't even know who those people are.
Speaker 2: Before mine die, I used to order all of my Garage House Pictures from the owner himself, just by getting invoice on PayPal.
Speaker 3: That sounds like some code red shit right there.
Speaker 2: It basically was I feel very old right now.
Speaker 3: You've just been in the game much longer than I mean. I remember going to Barnes and Nobles and look at that. Oh what's coming on arrow and this is Donny dark opop, Oh, it'll be here when I come back, not thinking it's it's limited edition. I didn't understand what limited edition was. Apparently I still don't. But yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, I mean, uh oh, I drew a blank, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: So that was supplements next. I feel like we're gonna have the same answer, but people still need to hear it. Disc authoring. The right answer here is fidelity Emotion. It has to author every single disc. They're gonna put everything that they can into Q. Seeing your work as they author it, they're gonna get you. They do charge a little bit more than other people that author, but you get that value out of it. The the David McKenzie of the world do not get praised enough. Fidelity Emotion is the answer, best encoding, best everything.
Speaker 3: Fidelity Emotion hasped and we're gonna move on from there. What I was gonna say, but I just remember that I was gonna say. Is that I said in terms of like TBD and ordering something. Those poor schemus that ordered seven four K seven yep, Like are they gonna get refunded?
Speaker 2: They already have?
Speaker 3: Oh did he get refunded?
Speaker 2: They did?
Speaker 3: Oh okay. I thought I was just gonna sit as a charge and like, well ship it when it's out.
Speaker 2: It's like no, but I think the studio doing that pisses me off so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was I was afraid that was gonna happen with night Right Elstrie. I really thought that's what was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, in a way it kind of did because the artwork was TVD it was.
Speaker 3: It was it held pretty close to what it was.
Speaker 2: Sure, but the fact that you're putting up pre orders and the art says TBD is not okay.
Speaker 3: Well they had TB on the feature that we didn't know what you're ordering. It was just like I've right elm Street people, that's what it is. With no and the thing is no release date. That was the again, it was the release date. The real estate's the thing features all that stuff is like, okay, we'll see but if it's something I really want. I'm gonna I'm gonna pre order it. But if you tell me no date, and I'm like, well, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Then why am I pre ordering it?
Speaker 3: Exactly? If you're gonna not charge my card until it ships, I'm a lot better at that.
Speaker 2: I'm not, though, because I don't want to remember that I have.
Speaker 3: You know, some people are different about that. I would prefer if it's gonna be like pre order and we'll release it six months from now. I'm like, all right, I'll make note of that. Cool and just but to take my money and then make me wait is doubly not cool with me. Yeah, what's the next one? Is cover art? This is where I put cover art, so I know that was the last minute.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can move it up there? Sure, are you okay with that? I just go right ahead.
Speaker 3: I have radiance.
Speaker 2: Oh for just who you're mimicking? Got it? See? I went down to the specific artists that I want on mostly I want well first off, I even did a little more detail. I want hot Love to do all of my books. I love what Haunt Love did with Erica's book, and I think it's amazing. I want Sister Hyde to do about half of them and hont Love to do the other half. But the big thing is every single release, the original poster should be on the opposite side.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely always, The original art should always be on a reverse. Every every answer should be a reverse for everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if we're literally just saying, let's mimic a company, I mean, for me, it's probably a pretty close tie between Radiance and Deaf Crocodile. Both are clearly focused on visual appeal art and it's worked. I mean, the releases from Radiance that are just gorgeous are almost all of them, and then Deaf Crocodile stuff, it's always just this superbly unique style. I can't think of anything that I would want more than those two.
Speaker 3: I mean, I had that slip from I'm trying to figure out how I can get a copy of Pie Pipers because I had this beautiful slip cover that I won from from Craig and I need to get a copy of Pie Piper to put in it. But I think about Radiance the little extra owns because I do love def Crowdo's art as well, is that the little jump that Radiance gets is that you know, I've said on multiple occasions, they don't put stuff out that I really want all that much, right, I'm always enticed every time I see it. I want it. And there's a couple of years ago and I had more sell space, i'd be like, you know what, maybe I'll give it a go. But like that box with the cross that they announced three with the cruci of it, I was like, the R Yeah, I I The fact that it entices me to want it and I don't get it to me is like the extra bonus. Like man for a movie that I'm not interested in, you're making you one that's a that's a pretty and the only thing that really like. I think the very first artwork from them that I was like, okay, I'm getting it, no, no question is Messiah evil and I was just like, holy shit, actually all black cover in the face with the tear going down. And I think that gout announced around the same time as it follows from Second Sight, and this is the age of side faces of profiles that are just like put a profile on there, maybe a little artsy, and I will I.
Speaker 2: Will order that ship. Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 3: We we agreed it was Radiance and.
Speaker 2: Radiums and I go with deaf Crocodile there as well.
Speaker 3: Gotcha. So next I said, price point is that okay? If you have price I had for so I guess standard liminitions. We're going with Arrow because I think Arrows are at a fair price. If it's just the slip limit edition, I went thirty and if it's a box set, I said forty five. I think that's a good even ground. I'm never I'm never deterredive it's something I want from Arrow, I will pre order it. No, there's no question. It's not like again, I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but like Severn, they for whatever reason, and I know you will say, like the quality is there and you're getting your money's worth. There's something about certain numbers and maybe I'm just my OCD or whatever it is. Certain numbers hit me the wrong way. I get it, and they just choose certain numbers. I'm like, God, that just sounds like a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to stand up. Even Andrew has joked with me about the pricing, like sixty dollars for one release is a lot. That being said, like, I do understand how they got there. Yeah, it doesn't mean I'm not gonna look at it and go oh God, Like I still haven't bought opera, and opera is my favorite, Argento, if.
Speaker 3: You said fifty nine, you might almost sway me just on that one. Doc there's something about it. And again it's true. That's why building nine ninety nine if you're like, ooh, only nine ninety nine, but like fifty nine dollars is like sixty dollars when you say sixty. There's something about saying that number that goes, oh man, yeah, I'd rather pay seventy. This seventy sounds not as harsh as sixty.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Certain numbers has hit the brain at a certain way, and I'm just like, you've hit my threshold. I can't do. And again, if it were a and I know, I think opera is a box, right, it is a rigid box.
Speaker 2: I think so. I've never held one, so I'm not sure ridgid.
Speaker 3: I've seen pictures of people like it's significantly it's like this thing, right, yeah, but there's something to say. I'm like, well, like, look second sight, how much was hitcher sixty.
Speaker 2: Five sixty something like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I hate to put the two together. I mean, I'm not to be a size queen here, but i mean, come.
Speaker 2: On, well, and they're very different things too, Like the opera thing. The opera release has four discs or five discs or whatever it was, and there's a lot to license there. Different cuts still have to be licensed, interviews, brand new, everything, authoring on that much. Not to mention there was a replacement disc, all that other stuff. Like, there's a lot of costs going in there, no doubt, I completely understand it. And books obviously cost a lot to print to and that's where a lot of the second site prices come from.
Speaker 3: But then you have something like the Last Horror Show, which is also sixty, right, So not everything. That's the thing is where not everything is created equal, Like the four flats and great Velvet. We've gone over that. That enough, you eat that dead horse death right about saying, you know, we had to we had to bring the scanner over to but like, not everything requires that. So how to sixty keep? How do you keep hitting sixty?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? I agree?
Speaker 3: So it's it's it's just like the deep cuts, all right, it's multiple movies, all right, that I can understand that. That's so it's it's always It's just baffling to me with that way, whereas like when you get something like an arrow limited edition, you just know what you're getting. Second Site is always like you're getting the box, you're getting the book, you're getting the poster, you're getting the thing, like these are the things you're getting. Everyone knows what you're gonna get when you get that. It's not all of a sudden like you know you're paying for this, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, Gary says, I don't like deluxe sets that have things that are not contained in the box, like pin sets or rolled posters. They don't feel like part of the actual or at least they feel like random individual stuff. And I would agree for the most part, unless you're getting I don't unless you're like wanting an extra deluxe bundle because a title is so important for you or something like that. Yeah, totally agree.
Speaker 3: Oh, Anthony, welcome to the Fanchy.
Speaker 2: So pricing for mine. I again, I told you before we went live that this was hard for me. I think I just did too many details, Like I was just created a company here, so.
Speaker 3: You just completely like and here's our advertisement and here.
Speaker 2: I've got a plan. Let me share at the end. No, because I'm doing the Deaf Crocodile thin box, I know that the cost can come down slightly. So for a deluxe like sixty page release, I'm thinking thirty two USD for the Blu Ray release, and if it was four K, I know I'm gonna bump that up about five bucks. So I was thinking thirty seven for a four K, and then I went into more detail and said, standards, just drop them both by ten bucks. I want to see twenty two and twenty seven for the four K and the Blu Ray. And then when you're gonna have a sale, that even leaves hopefully a few dollars for to knock off to get a sale price down to seventeen eighteen nineteen somewhere around there.
Speaker 3: Probably so down to like seven seven sale prices.
Speaker 2: Seven Vinger syndrome tereror vision. Everybody, Yeah, yeah, well that's good.
Speaker 3: Wow, you really wanted to detail on that one. I want to acknowledge that because Paul said, I have a box full of J cards and pans, et cetera. I had an idea recently. I forget it, but it's like, instead of the Jake card. It's like, there's got to be a better way to do the Jake card that you don't have to keep that the damn thing with you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like the Imprint way, which they do on a lot of the like because they put out the boxes. It's got just that one little tiny bit of glue and it's just a cardboard thing attached to the back and when you get it off, it's small enough to fit in the box. And that way you don't ever have to worry about losing it, you don't have to worry about it getting damaged. It's I think Imprint does the J card thing right.
Speaker 3: I feel like there was some company though recently that did it a little differently. For like it was a major boutique release and I was like, oh, that's the way that you do it, and I cannot remember now who did It's going to come to me, Oh, it's Cinematograph. And I think we were talking about like why do they do these wrap around J cards when it could just be like yeah, like yeah, exactly, like oh, this is what I'm talking about. They put the numbering, the individual numbering on the J card right exactly, but it used to be like on the J card that they would sometimes to where it's like you had to like keep the J card because of Jay Card. Yeah, exactly. Okay, so that's my point. Don't put when it's limit edition numbering is for everyone, Like.
Speaker 2: Don't you want it numbered on the box itself? The box?
Speaker 3: So if I don't want to keep the J card, I don't have to worry. That's like, all right, well my number is now gone. Like just engrave it, stamp it, find a little like embossard thing to be like, that's your number.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just realized it's you.
Speaker 3: Are I was gonna be up anyway. It's fine. I'm literally fine. I'm like again, I'm not gonna go along as a Jeremy episode.
Speaker 2: So we'll see. Uh So we did cover our price point. I think next.
Speaker 3: Titles per month I had somewhere in the happy meeting between Severn and Criteria, I said three titles. And the reason I said this was because I feel like sometimes people, again we've talked about this, people get overwhelmed with how many titles are, and if you put out four or five thousand people want, there's gonna be those that will obviously buy everything. Because they want to buy everything. But then there are people almost get like their happiness gets reversed and they get kissed off and you're like, what are you putting all the things that like I want? It's like and then they almost like don't buy it. I mean either one they can't afford to, which is understandable. Two it's like out of pure like I'm just gonna wait for the sale, like I can't buy all these titles. I felt three was the safety thing of like you know, you're either gonna buy one because it's the title you want most, but at that point you're like, oh three, I can do three. You know, at that price point, you know, people are putting out for a box, you know. You know when you order three items from Orbit. Most of the time, if I have to put in three orders, I'm hitting about one hundred dollars as far as the items that I'm ordering. So I feel like, you know, around that time, you're to get a whole months of release for under one hundred or something like that. Yeah, I felt that that's reasonable someone someone can stomach buying three titles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would agree with.
Speaker 3: It, like like oh CN, like look, I love waiting to see what's there, but like fucking hell, like thirty six titles is like I don't want most of them, which is fine by me. I'm actually like, oh boy, I saved money. But you know the thing like when twelve oh one rolls around and I'm like, oh my god, what there's ten movies I want and I see the slip starting to go and I'm like, damn stupid illness that I have. I gotta buy them all.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah, yeah, it's a lot. A very similar answer. I went get more detailed. I said, at least two, but three is okay. Uh, And then I even put during like a if we're going to do a Black Friday or an event. Is the way I wrote it down as an event up to five. So the way I was thinking is if you just do one, a lot of people show up and go. I mean, it's a good title, but I kind of want like a couple to come in the box. So I'm not gonna buy anything right now until they announce the next one. And you have to pay for shipping exactly. So if I announced two, they're more likely to buy, which is weird. It's a weird psychology. Thing. But it's true. Three is not like necessarily putting you out too much as a company. It's something like it was just a busy month. We got a lot on the slate. We can probably do this, and you're not gonna hit three every month. You can hit two for you know, probably eight months of the year three for three, and then you have an event once that's that's not bad. And then the event like that's something you prepare for. You get a couple bigger titles maybe maybe out of those five like two or three or four K and the rest are blu ray And it's an expensive month, but it's something that you've been working on for a very long time.
Speaker 3: If you put out a box set, would you count that as just the three in a row? Or would you that's an extra one?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I probably would count it as three because I I the type of person I am like if I was doing and a lot of these direct to TV erotic thrillers had like three films or four films, and in tweed, quite often they weren't the same director, or they switched out actors. I don't want to do different supplements for all of them, so I'm putting the same amount of work for it. So yeah, let's treat it like three or four yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: All right, this is the last categories of oh no, sales structure. How many per year? All right, I would put I'd have two sales, one in April and one in December. And the reason I structured it like this because April is tax month and you're going to get a rebate, so entices people to spend money that business got back from the guards free money. Mentally, a lot of people think of it as I see a lot of poster people are just like, I just spent all my rebate on criteria and right, and then I'll see December. But I would do in December, not Black, so I'd avoid the back black writer, which is kind of like kenol Over does their end of year sale a couple of weeks later and like have They're like that's it, like they they've avoided the traffic jam. And plus also it's the time when people either get bonuses or they get gifts or gift cards or whatever it is. And again that leads just enough like time like four months between the two sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so that that would be my thing. Yep, mine, I chose one at most. And now, I know we all love sales, but at the same time, I think that there are some companies that are really conditioning people to and only stuff they're carts during sales, which I understand, and I get why, and it's a big event and everybody loves those and all that, but these disc costs a lot to produce, and you shouldn't be selling them cost unless you're selling to literally tens of thousands of customers. And so my thought, and again I went into almost as much detail as you on this one. I was going to say that we schedule it for the very end of January for a couple of reasons. One, it's not around any holiday. Nobody's sitting here. You know, they're spending money on preparing for anything other than maybe the super Bowl, but even that's a couple of weeks later. The other big thing. The other big thing is they have recovered from Christmas. They've gotten at least two paychecks, so you know that people are at the point where they might have some disposable income left. And then the other big thing, which I laughed as I typed this, they've had enough time to fall off of their New Year's resolutions. So if they decided to spend better than New Year, you give them a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: We're back in try January. In January, and then it's like it so on the subject of sales. But my question to you is, given, how many sales are now, let's just say the neerdis syndrome, because they are, they're they.
Speaker 2: Often they're one of the big ones.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's got something has to change because you now have I can't count how many sales they have, Like I really can't think off the top of my head about how many susy and impromptu sales that they have and random title sales that they have. And then a subscription service.
Speaker 2: And the we should point out too the prices on the sales quite often are less than fifty percent off, which is what was like the whole enticing point to sign up for a subscription plut.
Speaker 3: But again it's like, yeah, exactly, and I already you have obviously already talked about, you know, a nauseam about how like you don't get the sub labels, you don't get you know, you don't get this in a monograph, you don't get the VSA, you don't get the VSP, you don't get the you know, the Pikarama back when it was Pekarama, right, So it's like, so then what are you? What are you? You're you're getting all the titles, and I'll all go so far as to say, you know what, other than a few titles that are like cool, oh wow, cool that's coming out, I'm more enticed by the OCN partner labels. I am by by pinegar syndrome. So now, what is it that you are enticing people with. There's got to be you almost have to like because I'm not subscribing, But for someone like yourself, I know you said this might be your last year subscribing, but anyone else who subscribes, there's got to be another tier than of exclusivity. There has to be something you're getting that nobody else is getting.
Speaker 2: And the hard part here, I think one of the most obvious things, which oh I think it was Screen Factory's rewards program just alluded to this was you can access the sale before other people. And I got to be honest, for people that are longtime subscribers, that is not an enticement because I have most of the titles that I want already, or all of the titles that I want already. I don't need to go in there earlier than everyone else because I have them.
Speaker 3: But what about futures, Like so, like say a movie comes out, there's a slipcover, you get to go in first, take it before like other people take it. But obviously nowadays it's not what it used to.
Speaker 2: Be, right, So the the time exclusivity thing I don't think works anymore for something like that. I think that it's it's got to be a bigger it's got to be a bigger discount period, and it's got to be at a point where you probably either are guaranteed like at least a title or two that other people aren't going to get, and not just that they're not going to be able to purchase it or sorry, not that they're not going to get intil later, but literally they will not have access to right, like something actually exclusive, something that.
Speaker 3: You're getting, not that you can buy.
Speaker 2: Correct that, not that you don't have access to purchase it.
Speaker 3: Right not well again, but that unlocking eight hundred dollars and I get a poster that adveratis your freaking sale. Correct for that nonsense.
Speaker 2: And Ryan is saying they can make a slipcover for the subscribers. They've done that, and they've done that for like two or three titles. That's not something that is brand new. But even then, a slipcover is not the same as a film. A piece of packaging is not going to be enticing enough for people to sign up to be a subscriber. That's not going to be worth it.
Speaker 3: If you're a completest or if you're someone who just wants to sell it online. Those are the two people that are gonna be excited about that other one. Or if it's something you are like, oh my god, I love this movie, I will take anything you have to offer you for it. Because of course, hey, remember when we all gave them, what was it, twenty five dollars for something we still don't know what it is. Right, I'm gonna keep reminding for you remember when we did that, because if it's not anything good this year, I'm not doing that again. Because the first one, the invisible man thing is visible man right, visible maniac, visile maniac. I was gonna say in visible pervert or whatever it is, but yes, in visile maniac articular that's cool. But then the next one was like, what is this a scratch and win? Like what is it? So now like unless it's something really like wow, that you will put a lot of effort into that. Right now, I just feel like I'm getting jerked around and I don't like getting jerky.
Speaker 2: Although, now that I think about it, the Invisible Maniac and the Scratches stiff, that wasn't just subscriber. That was because you paid for the April Fools thing, right. That's the thing, bio Zombie. Is that the only subscriber specific one that we've got.
Speaker 3: I think I think it is because I remember obviously everyone got upset because you were not guaranteed The Invisible Maniac as a subscriber, and they were told in the email when they subscribe, you will get every slip and every this and every that for every release. So it is kind of like, you know, talking out both sides of the mouth on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't fully agree there.
Speaker 3: But well, I mean, if you're the phrasing is you go. If you're starting January first and I'm subscribing, it's like, hey, whatever we put out a slip cover, you're getting it. And then you make some things like, hey, donate five dollars to this invisible thing. It's like it's April fol Sin. It's the first time you're ever doing it, and then it turns out to be a slip cover when you were told you're going to get every slipper and now you're not going to get it. I can see. I'm I'm not for everyone, you know, the people that were really bitching Ripe on blu ray dot com, right, but that I can understand that. That's especially if you're dropping what one thousand dollars up front for the year, not knowing what the titles are. Yeah, that's why I'm not again every label. I don't collect label, the collect titles, right because there's just no label out there except for maybe mine that I'm coming up with right now, where I would want to buy every every title. So it's the idea of giving someone a thousand dollars and like, I hope you put something out that I like, right, I just can't do that. That's God bless your blind faith, but I can't.
Speaker 2: I get it. Paul got head off. Have a good night. It's a long night. This has been the longest show in a long time.
Speaker 3: I felt that when I was like today, I was like, this is gonna be a long night. I feel like it's gonna be a historical episode, Okay, so let's get through with it. The last one was like, what are your okay, what are your first three titles? I went with camp Nowhere, Dick Tracy, and gross point.
Speaker 2: Blank Dick Tracy is a good pic. Well.
Speaker 3: I was originally I do Rocketeer, but I felt like, if I'm gonna want anything to premare on four K with those colors, yep, and if I I mean, I know the wrong the long running rumor that there's a three hour, like R rated cut of Dick Tracy out there, you know that just never saw the light of day. Like I remember as a kid watching so many behind the scenes featurettes about the making him Dick Tracy, about like the makeup and all that stuff, and Madonnas and I'll see the Disney Blu rays just bare bones. So that I feel like, I mean, I would love to eventually put out Rocketeer, but that would be my first choice of two. Yes, Ronnie and the Soni songs so good. I owe you put that Madonna CD on there with that What can you do? And then gross Point Blacks like you got a rom Com and it has a terrible transfer? Right now? Is you get a rom Com and can't Nowhere is one of the few films ever that I have watched and rewound yes on VHS and then watched it again right away. I absolutely love and I did not even hesitate to buy that Kenot Blu ray because now it's out of print.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you? All right? So I can't too much detail here. I know that when you're setting this up, you're not gonna be able to get like three huge titles out of the gate. So what I did is I picked three of my first big titles and then three like fairly realistic titles. So I'm gonna go with the bigger ones first because people are gonna recognize these, and then you can skid out all if you want. But uh, the first one I mentioned him earlier because I had them on the brain because of this fear with Mark Wahlberg. The Mill Creek release is shit like I would love, even if, honestly I understand the studio probably won't be able to give us a brand new scan on that totally get it. I'd love to do a four K. However, even if we can't, that movie deserves critical attention. It deserves appreciation of the roles in that the story. Right, there's so much that you could do for Fear that has never been done before. And I would love to produce that disc.
Speaker 3: Lower coaster figure turette.
Speaker 2: Roller coasters in film, and that that's a visual lessay I'd watch. I love that movie. Uh. The next one one, uh. One of the most visually appealing and erotic films of all time, The Handmaiden Uh. Not one that most people jump to when you think of erotic thrillers. But to show the diversity of the label here, this movie has an out of print Shout Factory Blu ray. It had a Curzone artificial eye release that was like two discs for two different cuts. I've got that up on the shelf. But this movie deserves so much more than it has ever gotten. Yeah, Stephanie, Stephanie Crawford says, like a breathless Mahoney sweatshirt for Christmas when I'm sick, it felt like the coolest kid ever. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I haven't had a breathless Mahony doll. Thank you very much. I think I still have it somewhere.
Speaker 2: So The Handmaiden, I would love to see some new special features produced about like that. That's an expensive disc. Do you know how much?
Speaker 3: I found this for twenty bucks? Not bad twenty bucks because and I looked at at the time it was like one hundred already. I was like, wow, I did.
Speaker 2: So what are the special features listening on the back of that? What are the okay?
Speaker 3: But boo bun doesn't look like anything?
Speaker 2: I knew that. Yeah, So it's The Handmaiden, literally one of the greatest films of all time. And the disc that comes out in the US is bare bones, but that is a trend.
Speaker 3: The UK one is pretty nice though it has both cuts.
Speaker 2: It's visually appealing. But it was when Kurzone was really like they were more artificial eye than Curzona, and it sucked it. There's a lot better that we could do, but live. Yeah, this deserves a lot of critical appreciation. It deserves so many like scholars of modern Asian cinema that could speak on this. The colors in this alone deserves like four visual essays. This movie could be like a three disc set of crazy special features. Not to mention all the interviews that should be done on this looking back on it, I think we're at almost at the ten year anniversary somewhere. What year did that come out? I don't even remember.
Speaker 3: Was twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Something like that. That's what I was thinking the first time, and made.
Speaker 3: In is is twenty sixteen?
Speaker 2: I am yep, So yeah, that would be incredible. The next one like this shouldn't need any explanation, but Secretary, like Imprint put it out and there was a couple of things on the disc, but to put out a gorgeous four K of Secretary with triple the amount of special features and get updated interviews from Spader and gillen Hall and I would I would be thrilled to see, like how people responded in that time to them pushing the envelope the way they did, because that type of film was fairly unpopular at the time and even still is still seen as very taboo, and to put it out when it did it was genuinely brave. Like I hate to use that word, but it was something that a lot of people would not have taken part of in a film like that, And so just to hear them looking back on that would be a big deal.
Speaker 3: I was never I was never really like I'm pretty like I see like a lot of extreme movies and stuff like that. I never felt that Secretary was a like a boundary pushing movie. And I because it was they deal with all like the romance is very ethereal.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: It's not kind of like done in a lusty, you know, you know, fifty Shades of Gray style type of way. You know, you either are dealing with her own you know, psychological transformation and he's kind of like stand offish. So it almost felt more like a like a like a watered down Tod Salons film. I get that, like a little bit like that or maybe whoever, I know you don't like it, but who are directed like teeth Like it just had that kind of like quirky Indie Fogle ifc. You know, I'm curious as to how good it could look because I don't know if it's ever it's never had a great transfer, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: And it's it's a pretty grainy film no matter what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty low budget, yep. I believe Scope putting that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I also had on the list, like I would love to do a real like decent release of Body Heat, but that should be obvious, like everybody would love to see a good release of body.
Speaker 3: Heat, and that's what That's Warner Brothers.
Speaker 2: Right, I think so, I'm.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure it's Warner Brothers. And I mean you've got Lawrence cast and who's still around, right, what's you're busy doing?
Speaker 2: So then my smaller titles that I think these are at least slightly more realistic. I know, somebody, yes, some of these may not be very realistic, but I'll throw these out there quickly because this is a real long show. Sea of Love from nineteen eighty nine with al Pacino, would be sorry to beat you to it, I understand, but a good release, That's that's what I'm getting at with all of these. Uh. I want to fix what people have done for a lot of these. Okay, okay, yeah, okay, to go more in like these. The Skin of Maax side Devil in the Flesh from nineteen ninety eight, uh with Rose McGowan, I feel like would be a really nice, like first wave title.
Speaker 3: Can I up that? Can we do the double pack?
Speaker 2: I mean you can, but I was just being realistic. Yes you can.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna get Rose McGowan, you can get Jody lenn O'Keefe.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, yeah, I would love it free way too, and then everybody's gonna laugh. Put the last thing I wrote down was just please anything Shannon Tweed.
Speaker 3: The Shannon Tweed filmography and the corries are like the too weird, Like no one can get these movies because the fact is, have we had a Shanon Shannon Tweed boutique or release of anything. I don't think we have. I'm not saying like she's there, she's in the background or someone that I'm talking about a featured Shannon Tweed humping a gun or something like that, Like I don't think there's been one. And you think you'd think there'd be a VSA or syndrome or keen it someone and there's none.
Speaker 2: Nope, not really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just I mean again, this were twenty years ago, so something's gonna say, well, there's no value in it. No one's gonna buy that stuff. But everything comes out now, so like not like who who was it cult Ethics that put out Virgin High.
Speaker 2: Virgin High? Uh, it was.
Speaker 3: A double bill. It was Virgin High. And then.
Speaker 2: Is no that was a culture shock releasing culture.
Speaker 3: Shock, What happened with their like Late Night skin a Man.
Speaker 2: Or Late Night Late Night Classics.
Speaker 3: Late Night Classics, what happened with that?
Speaker 2: I mean they'ven't they've dropped one title since they went to Terror Vision last summer. And I don't mean summer like three months ago. I mean some are twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: I say, you should know this, you're with Terror Visions.
Speaker 2: Well, I know the answers. I just can't say you know the answers.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has been really fun.
Speaker 3: It's been a lot of fun. That's when we can go so late because we just get into it and it's like, hey, why don't we do this.
Speaker 2: Anything you want to shout out before we call it a night.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just I'm so glad I got a chance to come back sooner rather than later. And I'm I'm so flattered that people are still on this chat at this hour. I mean, God, bless y'all. Seriously, that's you know. And like I said, I had a feeling this was gonna be a long one, and I was like, Wow, I'm gonna be on a classic disconnected. It's gonna be like you know this is like a Jeremy episode. We're gonna keep going.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: And again I'm glad we have to do this because I remember like kind of positioning this idea to you and you were just like you know, when if you come back with they like yeah that sounds great, it's like, yeah, I did a good job. As we're like, well maybe you could do.
Speaker 2: It like this. Yeah, this has been This has been truly fun. We've had hell of a night tonight. We had our first disconnected madlibs. We had like seventy announcements, we had, we had, we had a epic rant there the big thing. I shouted out a lot of things. If you are wanting, wanting more that you you would be seeking out. Oscilloscope interview went up today. The Toby Hooper video went out last Friday. That is literally a mini documentary. It has so many nuggets of information and please go check that out. I've got the current issue of the Physical Media Advocate is out there for everybody to pick up. The four issue. Next issue comes out November fifteenth. Lots that we covered tonight. If you have any questions, please seek me out. The other Big Things, Monda Micabro, Deaf Crocodile podcast recording. If you have questions, send them to Craig for Deaf Crocodile, send them to me for Mondo Micabro. If you want to donate to the family of my friend that passed for physical media community, let me know the link for the paypals and the description there. I think that's it. That's too much already.
Speaker 3: And don't forget next Tuesday if you don't send another reminder is the Monda micabre sale. And because if you miss that on Cafe Flash, someone's gonna get upset about that.
Speaker 2: It's true. Well on behalf of Rainy Day Films and Scenes of Skinema. Thanks for all your time tonight, everybody, and we will see on next Thursday. We'll chat then. Thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this. Tell me.
Speaker 9: No the audio commentary. It's a dying art form. But here at one track mind I your wonky at Affable host Brian Luis Rodriguez analyze film through the prism of these embryonic forms of podcasting, one audio commentary at a time. Masterpieces, crapster pieces, live action animation, cult classics, films literally no one has ever heard of. No track is too small, and no track is too big. Join me and my guests from the entertainment world as we keep these features alive every other Tuesday. Hey, who else is going to discuss Bill and Ted's bogus Journey one week and Citizen Kane the next us that's who Sure, you have to put up with my voice, but there's a certain give and take in this industry. That's one track mine, part of the Someone's Favorite Productions family and available wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network. Please select the link in the description.