Speaker 1: On on for real this time. Ah, Welcome to the CECO pre show for episode four seventy four. I just said it, four seventy four.
Speaker 2: Are we sure this time?
Speaker 1: If we're on, we're on.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: That's it. Big thanks to producer Gary for not turning the microphones on. That's it. That's it. We're brought to you by producer Gary and the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash dijio podcast. Whether they like it or not.
Speaker 1: That's it. We're here and for the first time since we've been in the wonderful damn studio or wherever we are today, is a deck by your good friend Ryan.
Speaker 2: It's probably to be terrible. Hey, actually, it's probably going to be some combo bullshit mill control CDH deck that you say isn't But then no, oh, don't worry, it's just crabs. Then you go infinite on turn two.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, my budget, my budget crab deck that just randomly had duel lands that I had lying around the car. No. Actually, it's a deck that has placeholders in it because I'm waiting for a couple of cards to arrive in the mail from Fusion, and I played it yesterday and I was playing and playing and playing against a guy, first day ever at the shop, never met him before. Yeah, brand new. He's like, man, I'm going to be reading a lot of cards because I'm sort of new and I've only ever played Arena. I've never played Commander, but I have a Muldratha deck and I'm like perfect, so it's probably going to be fine deck because that's a powerful card. Yeah. So he we were playing, and he says to me about halfway through the game, what I thought was halfway through the game, at about the twenty five or half an hour mark, there you go, right, you would you would expect that, Okay, this is kind of a grindy game. Maybe it's going to take an hour. Sure, totally normal. He goes, I don't really have any ways to win, but I am playing a mind Slaver and I do have a combo in here with Mchasty on Hollowed, And I'm like, oh, okay, Well, the thing about those cards, in particular are is lots of people play casual at our store, so you're gonna find it if you cast Mindslaver against a bunch of people here, They're not gonna want to play against you, And I don't say it like that, right, Like I'm just kind of telling him in the culture of our store. Yeah, And we keep playing. We keep playing. He drops a walking ballista and I go, okay, here's the combo. Is it over? He goes, no, I'm just going to play this spoor Frog two and I'm like, okay, wait, and I'm playing a deck that needs to like win through attacking.
Speaker 2: Did you ask him if he built the deck in the car on the way to the store.
Speaker 1: No, But then later on in the game he says, well, you know what, guys, I wanted to see what more of your guys's decks do. So I wasn't playing stuff, but this game's been going on for quite a while, so I'm gonna play Glacial Chasm makes it so he can't take damage along with his spore Frog that he can get back every turn with his his uh Maltrotham. Yes, so, I says to the other two guys, one of which is also brand new, like never played at the store before, whom I doing, and brand new to magic. I'm teaching them lots and they're like, oh man, thanks for teaching me so much.
Speaker 2: And the other guy's Matt oh, and the other guy's Matto. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I says, Matt, we got to get rid of that glacial chasm and remember that land destruction spell that you already fucking used on me, right, I bug Matto. Lots we trashed off each other.
Speaker 2: He's a wild card, that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I say, Matt, oh, he's targeting my shit. I'm like, if you can't kill that spore frog, we can't win, Matt, we cannot win. And then he taps his land. He's like, man, check this out. I'm like, Mat, if that's not a removal spell for that sport frog, you're fricking doing it wrong. Right. So the game went on for another hour. Oh man. Eventually Matt was like, yeah, man, I don't have anything else on my deck. I can deal with those. And then the other guy says, I'm ready to scoop and see what other cards and decks that you guys have, and I'm like, I don't know, guys, give me one more turn. But we're at the two plus hour mark, so you can imagine how long the turns take. And not like there wasn't any Sweepers and Wrath of Gods. I played three of them in that game, right, So it goes from me, I'll say, I'll take one more turn whatever after I finish this turn, just to see this guy takes his eight minute, ten minute turn because he's got fifty eight permanents because it's four hour game. Muldratha does Mauldratha things, getting back nine different permanent to turn because Maldratha, of course, and then he takes freaking mindslaver Matto's turn, sacrifices a bunch of his lands to his Zuren orbit and yeah, yeah, So then it becomes my turn again, and I'm like, well, I can't win, but I can do this elfha strike. Both guys killed Mattow and the other guy and then I scooped. That was my first ever experience with this deck, this deck that so did did it? So?
Speaker 2: Was it good? That I don't know if that was a good game or not. That sounds like a nightmare. Yes, that sounds like a miserable, miserable slog from hell.
Speaker 1: Yes. Wow?
Speaker 2: Can I tell the game story too?
Speaker 1: Yes? Is it the one where you were laughing and I said, Brando, stop having so much fun?
Speaker 2: No, it was the one that I was like, hey, Ryan, watch this. Oh he comes over to border what took them? Like?
Speaker 1: Ky, Ryan? Watch this game stories.
Speaker 2: So it's right at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the night.
Speaker 2: Right, it's like, okay, we're gonna play a game that goes quick.
Speaker 1: No, this was the quote. He goes, Hey Ryan, I'm gonna go for it. Watch this, I'm gonna go for it. This is game ends, and I win and we go for beers or I lose. That's the quote.
Speaker 2: So I've got a soul film. Yeah, that's the non combat damage doubling person glory dominus right with an indestructible counter on it. That's important. And I have an to Ralph, Lord of whatever. He's the one that makes all the excess non combat damage that's dealt to my opponent's creatures get redirected to their faces.
Speaker 1: Yes, non combat damage trample enabler, that's important. Oh my god. Can you imagine if you didn't know what magic speak.
Speaker 2: ESTs, Oh, you'd be in big trouble. So I takes the last cards in my hands. That's one's cards. It's a starve ex So I points at Ben's land and I go, I'm gonna kill this land. Why are you killing my land?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: I was like, just let me finish reading the card, Ben, then all of your creatures are gonna take forty and then all of you guys are gonna take eighty four times and they're all like.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's go for beer.
Speaker 2: They shove the ship and the way they want to do it's so good.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like turn five. It was so perfect, you guys, I happened, but it was. It was right before. It was right before the end of the day when I ask you for the Cyberman token because I had a cyber ship out. And that's a hint for the deck.
Speaker 2: That we're what kind of deck are we talking?
Speaker 1: Who's the commander is going to be the is going to be the hint?
Speaker 2: When what is this I've never seen that picture before.
Speaker 1: That is the reprinted art. Oh there's a hint. There's a hint. There's a hint. If you can guess who this is it, I guess we can let the cat out of the bag a little bit. Some people are going to know that we're talking about my vehicle's deck. Yes, yeah, it's got the cyber ship in it, the six to sixth eight eight flyer six six fire. When it hits you, you get two cybermen. Oh yeah, it's over here, over here. That's not it. It's there.
Speaker 2: See it's here.
Speaker 1: Look cyber starts with a c out.
Speaker 2: It's an eight eight for.
Speaker 1: Six eight eight for six crew four when it when it deals combat damage to a player, I get two cybermen's. It's pretty good. And I cast a wrathagod to stop Alex from like demoning me to death. Yep, because he had he had his demon. When an etb's draw x lose x or x as a number of demons, and the demon pandemoniums when it comes into play deals damage equal to do its power to any target. But then he had a roaming throne on demon and a pan harmonicon. Jesus. Yeah, so he was drawing six, losing six, and doing generally eighteen every time he played a demon. And I'm like, man, I'm at like freaking nineteen life. I better wrathagon. So I wrath a god. And it turns out the sweepers in my vehicle deck are among the best cards in the deck because I can go sweeper than play a creature than crew, and then use my first crude vehicle to crew the next one, use it to crew the next one, which is like a cybership, and it's an eight eight and I hitch you for eight after I wrath to God. You could play better wraths though, yes, and I do have a couple better wraths in here. And I would like your advice and people in the nation's advice for what what would be better than than Wrath of God? And we'll talk about the ones that I'm playing in the deck tech.
Speaker 2: I'm looking lots at this and I'm looking at it. It's kind of similar in how I would play my control in how I do it with Bellow.
Speaker 1: Soon I have fairly and you know what, Bellow I saw an E Dah track. Have you ever heard of that site?
Speaker 2: Once or twice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I saw. Bello is a popular vehicle commander.
Speaker 2: Yeah, espely the fact that he makes all the vehicles smaller.
Speaker 1: Well, some of them get bigger, like like smugglers copter gets bigger.
Speaker 2: And smugglers cop doesn't cost four. Oh yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Have to cost four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like some of them, some of them are air quotes better. But like you just this top one here that's an eight.
Speaker 1: Four yeah for five, Now it's a four to four for five or a five to five for four. Yeah, okay, yeah, this one's a four to four for four. But they but they auto they auto crew right with bellow.
Speaker 2: But you can't crew them to make them bigger because their four fours, right, So it's oh, yeah, I'm not sure why he's a popular vehicle commander because.
Speaker 1: Because auto crew auto crew is so powerful too. And I think, and I guess judges, let us know in the comments, that's a layering question, you know. Everybody's like, oh, it's probably layers. I don't know how it works. But when something sets, like when something's power and toughness setting, when it sets it at four four like below does, that's a layering thing, right, because you can set something at four to four like below does, and then you could try and crew it. But something's already set it at four four, so if it's an eighty six, it doesn't actually change. Weird man, Yeah, I guess, let us know. Let us know. If you're a judge, you know that all the judges are going to jump in on discord and just fucking pound idiots. Why do you even have a podcast? Shut out your dumbasses paying to be in this discord anyway? Anyways, who's the commander? What else you got for hints? It does have a reprinted art with a different name or different.
Speaker 2: I think this is better. We have to have to describe her a little.
Speaker 1: Bit in her new art. Oh, it's a girl in her new art. She has a face. In her old art, she has no face or body half a body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd probably do it, honestly.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: And quite frankly, this color combination, or any color combination of this ilk should not exist.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you you you're gonna die on that hill.
Speaker 2: Hey, yep, absolutely, I will absolutely die on that hill, especially now that the color pie has kind of swelled and all of the colors have kind of spread out to color soup kind of do it's color soup now color stew color stew, and they, you know, they can kind of do all the stuff. It just makes decks like this kind of irrelevant.
Speaker 1: They can kind of stew all the stuff.
Speaker 2: Shut up, listen, we got a show to do, and we're gonna get to it tomorrow, I guess, and everybody's gonna love it. We're gonna have a great times it.
Speaker 1: Four What did I say? Four seventy four or seventy four hit our theme song Bye Bye,