Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So yesterday we were doing our show. We were going into the last segment and Kat said, hey, I don't feel good. It just hit me. I gotta leave. Okay, I misheard him. I thought he said, oh my god, my rectum is burning.
Speaker 1: I'm out of here. He hits it.
Speaker 2: Yah, he said he pooped his pants and he needed to leave. And he said it happened like an hour prior, but he was okay with it. Yeah, this Luke can trade is too much. My rectum is burning. I've got to go. But we then heard reports through back channels that he was throwing up profusely all evening but did not have a fever. So I was thinking, all right, man, I feel better about me not getting sick, because anytime somebody has the plague around you and you work in a shoe box with each other, the minute they're like, hey, I was throwing up blood.
Speaker 1: Hope you're okay, You're like, oh, I care about you, but mostly I care about me. I don't want to catch that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got home last time. My wife's like, oh my god, Kat was sick. Were you around him? I go no, But he was in Ben's laughing entire show.
Speaker 3: What's so funny is as soon as he walked out, you guys looked at each other and grabbed that Purel I always save yourselves in it.
Speaker 2: I was putting Purel hand sanitizer on my face like aftershaft, all over my body. I used it to experience pleasure, right, I was using it like a like some never mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyways, KT is not with us today, man, And I don't know if he's even alive right now.
Speaker 1: I hope he is okay. But if KT is sick, right, he's homesick?
Speaker 2: Uh huh, what are the chances he's listening?
Speaker 4: Zero?
Speaker 1: Come on, dude.
Speaker 3: Well, and so it sounds like he has what Mike had over the weekend, and I will tell you that Mike. Mike was telling me he's like, I can't even believe he's texting you guys right now because I didn't have the.
Speaker 5: Energy to do that.
Speaker 3: So if he is that bad, I don't think he's listening. But KT does try his best to stay with the show as much as possible.
Speaker 2: How did KT get it from Soroy though they were hanging out all weekend.
Speaker 5: They must have been making out behind my back.
Speaker 3: I barely even saw Kat yesterday, Christina, she might be a carrier.
Speaker 1: Oh like she didn't have it.
Speaker 2: She carries it super strong immune systems. Yeah, I was about you know, I think usually with Kate emergency every day when Kat misses the show, he just listens told podcasts of shows that he was on. From what I understand, Uh, anyways, keep him in your thoughts and prayers and and thinking about Kat reminded me of the intro.
Speaker 4: Talk time. Boys.
Speaker 3: Right now, are you ready, ready, ready?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 6: When when Evan when I'll showed you go ruin except with the most we pursuing it bottled out shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 4: Kid, Now what chill in that day? Eagle?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're doing it. Three your clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a go status. How it's starting to get cratic. Shows that up multiplied like a rabbit. Tune in zone out break it up, feed the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on a hang out with a friend, rocking it on the radio.
Speaker 6: My standing the Skin.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to to this wall.
Speaker 5: All babyby we go KT thristin up Skin.
Speaker 4: All up on the radio.
Speaker 1: All right, Happy Tuesday, everybody.
Speaker 2: This is the world famous Ben and Skin show we're without KT today and uh, we're It's gonna continue to be a weird show in a lot of ways. It's it's a weird time in the Metroplex, and we are a reflection of what's going on in Elas Fort Worth. The biggest story in Dallas Fort Worth is that shockingly, Luka Doncic was traded to the Lakers, and the story just keeps going and going and going because new things are happening. And today the Lakers introduced Luca. He had a big press conference right behind you, Skin, I'm looking at a huge monitor here in studio and seeing Luca with all those Lakers logos. It's just reopening wounds that haven't yet had a chance to heal. And so the Metroplex is really hurting right now just because of the shock of such a meaningful player being traded. Yeah, we'll play you a bunch of the audio coming up here at five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Do not miss it.
Speaker 2: It's one of those days where we are off early because pregame starts at five point thirty. The Mavericks are playing the Philadelphia seventy six ers on this station, and they made a trade with the Philadelphia seventy six ers on the day that they're playing them. It's all so weird, But they have traded Quentin Grimes. I'm assuming he's not going to suit up against the Mavericks here in a few hours. Again, for Caleb Martin, there are similar players. Grimes is a better offensive player, Caleb Martin's a more rugged, tough guy defender. But Martin's been hurt for several weeks and he's not ready to come back yet. So that's just another little sidebar that's going on. But we will, you know, basically be going till five thirty day and we'll play you all some of that. Luca rob Polinka press conference audio coming up here in the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: Just got a text from one of our listeners. He said, as it's our buddy Jr.
Speaker 2: He says, as I drive these d DFW streets, I stare into other cars and wonder if they are still mulling over the devastation of Saturday nights news of Luca.
Speaker 1: It's all anybody's talking.
Speaker 5: I mean, look outside, God is sad, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's all anyone's thinking about or talking about. And we want to give you a chance to weigh in on this today. So here's what we're gonna do. We haven't done this in a long time, but at four to ten today we're gonna take phone calls. You get to call in, and you get to say whatever you want to say, if you want to try to find it an optimistic angle, if you want to vent, do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: As aren't. Don't cuss though, you cannot cuss. No cussing.
Speaker 2: But you have a chance to call in and be heard throughout Dallas, Fort Worth on the Eagle, the Mighty Mighty Eagles. So that's gonna happen at about four ten. You're gonna want to start calling in two one, four, seven, eight seven one nine seven one, and we're even going to hook up the best call, right, Yeah, so the caller that is the most passionate, as determined by our three person panel of me, Ben and Kray. We'll give you Shine Down tickets. They're going to be coming in August. I believe I think there are they playing dose ekis Do you remember?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Did I have it wrong?
Speaker 5: Well I should have. It's probably Dickie's arena.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll look it up. I'll look it up.
Speaker 2: I'm my bad for not having that at the tip of my tongue. But uh, we do have shine Down tickets to give away. I do know they're coming in August. I'll get those details. But the best Luca caller will win those tickets. And like Ben said, it'll be the the four to ten.
Speaker 5: Segment Dickie's Arena.
Speaker 2: It's in Dickney eight okay, in Fort Worth August twenty eighth at Dickies.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, one of the most difficult things about this trade, not only is that the Mavericks gave up on their twenty five year old global icon superstar, it's that they got a lot older. But they did get an incredible player back. Anthony Davis is one of the best players in basketball.
Speaker 1: I think the best career of his year. He's just yeah, he's having the best year of his career. He's but he's he's almost six years older.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so, and I feel so bad for Anthony Davis because even if you were, like if the Easter Bunny got traded for Santa Claus, who still are the Easter Bunny?
Speaker 1: But you're gonna get booed at Christmas.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's an egg hunt. I mean, it's fine, little kids like it. But you know, so Santa brings PlayStation. So Anthony Davis had his press conference today, right, do you have a press just shoot around? Okay, just had a shoot around. So he just spoke to reporters and we do need to do this. Like, I feel bad for Anthony Davis. I feel like he's MAVs fans are so upset right now that they're going to take it out on him. He might get booed while he's playing, you know, and he what's the best players on earth?
Speaker 4: The team?
Speaker 1: Listen, listen.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to hear this, and I'm not trying to, you know, make you feel a certain way. The Mavericks are a great, great team. They're a great team. Most most people that don't have an emotional dog in this hunt. Now look at the Mavericks that say they're either the first or second best team in the West right now after this trade. I've had a couple of people say, hey, man, I totally think the Mavericks have a better chance of winning a championship this year, right, But that doesn't I'm not trying to make feels some way. I'm just saying there's objective people that feel that way, whether they're right or wrong. Eventually, I think eventually our emotions will fade, will will grieve, will mourn, and then the reality will set in.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is this? What is situation?
Speaker 2: The situation is, you might have the best defensive team in basketball.
Speaker 1: Here's what will happen.
Speaker 2: You're the Mavericks will play really well, you know, your emotions will die down a little bit, and then Luca will come here April seventh and score eighty as the Lakers played the Mavericks, and we'll cheer him on. Yeah, and then the Lakers will win the season tiebreaker against the Mavericks, and then they'll jump ahead of them in the standing. When is that game April seventh? I think I think it's a Wednesday. My uh, my daughter and her boyfriend looked last night. The cheapest ticket was two hundred and twenty bucks in the Upperno. Yeah, I'm going to that game, you'll see. Anyways, Anthony Davis spoke today at a shoot around and we thought we'd take a listen. Let's go to cut number two, which is actually two cuts. It is first one. We'll just do the first thoughts. This is Anthony Davis's first thoughts on the trade, when I'll.
Speaker 7: Get to Dallas, mass nothing. Obviously it was shocking, just that I didn't know. But you know, after the shot factor wore on and I know, it's get to Dallas, get to the you know a physical, see the doctors, and then't get ready to you know, be back to get on the.
Speaker 4: On the floor with these dots.
Speaker 1: Does he have a Muppet voice? A little bit?
Speaker 2: Let's here, let's hear his second part of this is kind of answering the same thing as initial thoughts on the trade.
Speaker 4: I was shocked. Everyone else, Like I said, I didn't know.
Speaker 7: I was actually at home about to watch a movie with my wife and got the phone call.
Speaker 4: So I had no idea.
Speaker 7: I just sent, you know, the team chats about riolation on a on the win against the Nats, big win, and then you know, looking forward to Tuesday's game against the Clippers to the smartest standing purposes. So they found out like hour later I was no longer with the team, So I was in shock. Obviously, had no idea that it was happening.
Speaker 4: But I mean now it's you know, I'm kind of over it and just kind of you know, getting ready to play with Dallas.
Speaker 2: Let me just say something right quick too. And by the way, I believe he was watching four and a half hour stream of Alan Harper on the Sundance.
Speaker 1: And app with his wife thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: I want to say this, And I didn't look up the exact number, but it's significant at least six, maybe seven figures. Anthony Davis didn't have to do this. Heaved a trade kicker in his contract so that the Mavericks could then do more.
Speaker 1: So as you're just wanting to I know you don't want to hear anything.
Speaker 2: But this guy, who's one of the best players in the world said, yeah, even though it's in my contract, I don't need that money. Do what you do so we can go win a championship. So he saved the Mavericks seven hundred thousand dollars or whatever it is, and that allows them to have space to on their payroll to go add other players. Yeah, they operate under what's called there's luxury tax and there's tears and I don't want to get into all this, but they operated at a certain level after the trade to where they could it would make it easier for them to make more moves. It wasn't just it wasn't just, hey, Patrick Dumont saves money, Like that's not about that, that mess about maneuvering. They traded Quentin Grimes today for Caleb Martin. We'll get more into that, but I'm glad there's another new face here, and I hope they make another trade or too, he too, because I don't want it all to be on Anthony Davis's shoulders. Here is CUTT number three, Anthony Davis talking about his relationship with Nico.
Speaker 4: Nico know me, so I was in high school.
Speaker 7: Obviously, you know one of the guys I got close way when I signed with Niking, and they just stayed close throughout the years. You know, even at this time here. We remain good friends and you know, and then now is you know, kind of come back full circle, you know with us, you know, being a guy here in Dallas, and it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: They go way way back, and this is a common theme that you will find with all things Nico. Harrison and Ben will tell you, like when we were doing sports talk radio and stuff, it's like, well, mate, we were probably on the ego by then. But I've always tried to slot slip out there. Hey, guys, keep your eye on Anthony Davis. He's a guy that Nico Harrison very much covets and now he's here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh they Anthony Davis was asked about his first conversation with Nico about all of this.
Speaker 4: That was the excitement, you know, you know, Nico believes in that.
Speaker 7: When I answer to this team, we don't know but everything that we talked about out there, but uh, we're both you know, extremely excited about what we can do, and you know, I think we have a great opportunity in won championship.
Speaker 2: I don't even know the answer to this. Did he ever groom his eyebrow or does it still go straight across? It's still it's still the brow. Yeah, yeah, but it's not. I think it's a little bit better off. But he didn't run from his identity, right, right, But it's it's better taken care of.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's still a unibrow. It's just tweaked.
Speaker 2: It's almost a unibrow, but a manicured quite a unirow man cure Brown. Finally, Anthony Davis cut number five his thoughts on playing with Kyrie.
Speaker 7: I'm very excited. I mean, me and Kyle talked about this think in twenty eighteen. You know, when I asked for a trade from New Orleans, he was in Boston I think at the time, and he ended up leaving.
Speaker 4: One in Brooklyn. But you know, we didn't want to.
Speaker 7: Play alongside each other for a very long time, and now you know we got the opportunity to do something. In our final game, they had thirty I'm not so you know he was able to beat the game. You know, we all know what the play.
Speaker 4: If you had been there, you know, does it all for himself?
Speaker 1: Those guys both so skin I'm dying to know this.
Speaker 2: Obviously, watching Luca play with Lively and Gafford so much fun. He could just float the ball up at the rim. Those guys such great finishers. Kai didn't do it as much. He didn't have the ball in his hands quite as much, and they needed him to score. He was a great facilitator too. But it's he's now a quarterback of this team, and so what is that going to be like watching those guys play. And for those of us who love watching Lively and Gafford finish at the rim, well, Anthony Davis is even a level above them, right, Yeah, I think Lively, you know, just because of age and size and stuff, Lively is a better finisher above the rim of the three. But it's all there's just varying degrees.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Gafford gets up high. All three of them get up super high and can finish. Gafford has an unbelievable back to the basket game. But of those three, Anthony Davis is far and away the most skilled of those three. Like, you can isolate him fifteen feet from the basket and he can face up and work you or back you down better than those other two guys.
Speaker 1: But he's also a great screener.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing is like you put Kyrie and Gafford and a pick and roll, for example, and then have Anthony Davis crashing in from the weak side as a cutter. There's just a lot of things for defenses to have to think about. It's different than the way it was structured before. But still Anthony Davis's Again, Nico said it, and I don't disagree with him. He is the best two way player in basketball. So with all that action happening with Anthony Davis, is there the chance people lose track of where Clay is.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it's huge for Klay.
Speaker 2: Is it any different than the way that they're going to try to get him open with Luca? I think we're going to start seeing even more movement with Clay. But I you know, I'm not privy to practice. I don't know what they're going to roll out, but I would suspect that we would start that stuff all right. Coming up at four ten, you'll have a chance to weigh in on this. You can call in. We're gonna give away a Shinedown tickets to whoever makes the best call.
Speaker 1: Do not cuss.
Speaker 2: That's at four ten two one, four, seven, eight, seven, one, nine seventy one. We want to give you guys a chance to weigh in on this. Tell us how you are feeling. Coming up next, this is very interesting. One of the best sports writers in all the world is Tim McMahon of ESPN. He's been writing a book about Luca called The Wonder Boy. It comes out on March twenty fifth, and it suddenly looks like it has another chapter to be written before that bad Boy comes out.
Speaker 1: Tim McMahon joins us next