Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Lady, you remember when Siri just came out first part of it and I did this, I did this on the air. Is hey, sirih where's the best place for me to hide a dead body? And Siri would come back using the GPS of the world and literally tell you where the landfill, the closest landfills were to where you are.
Speaker 3: That's so gross, it was.
Speaker 2: Oh they got rid of that feature pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: You bet you. It is a Friday, Foody Friday, October twenty fifth, Bill Handle here with the Morning Crew, and it's going to be well, next week's gonna be insane, I mean, just crazy, crazy making. But a quick hello to the Morning crew. Neil, welcome back. I know you've been a little under the weather this last week. A matter of fact, you were really under the weather. You were telling me yesterday that there were issues with your kidney, that you literally we were peeing parts of your kidney out, chunks of kidney were coming out.
Speaker 4: Do I have that matter with you? My kidney is fine.
Speaker 5: You're gonna freak you know, my kidney donor listens and you're gonna freak her out. No, my kidney's fine. I did have a convergence of a couple of the things. I had a cold, and then there was apparently an infection of some kind of just I was pushing myself to try and get a haunted house done for my kids school, and I think I just happened to have a bunch of things coming together.
Speaker 2: And legitimately, your immune system is repressed, is suppressed because of the drugs.
Speaker 4: You probably repressed as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably depressed as well too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I take med so that it doesn't kick out my kidney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it doesn't. I'm all good. Okay, Well, anyway, welcome back in the meantime. O. Guess who's wearing a Dodger's jersey, The one and only Amy Good morning, Good morning, and you're wearing the dollar Dodgers jury jersey in anticipation of going into the game to I right, No, I.
Speaker 6: Went to earlier playoff games. They do not have World Series tickets?
Speaker 2: Good do they give me? Since I don't get baseball tickets? And I'll get one ticket a year for the Chargers because of my daughter. Do you get any kind of a break or the World Series tickets? It's so much gold that KLC just hangs on to whatever they can.
Speaker 3: No, you're funny.
Speaker 2: No, as to the first part, right, you get nothing. No, that's true because last time I asked for a box of pencils, they also said you get nothing, so I can understand that. Try to get a key chain. Oh no, by the way, you can get a key chain. I just saw one the other day in the drawers, but unfortunately it's a Kiss keychain. It's from Kiss. Okay, because we certainly don't have any KFI ones.
Speaker 5: We cross out the iis. Yeah, then we just put back on the KFI.
Speaker 2: We also did get a few were the stations. The station's initials were misprinted and someone took a marketing pen and put them I put it correctly, so we have a few of those. All right, and good morning, good morning, and cono, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Though all right, we're all here, we're all there. Next week is going to be completely insane. First of all, we have the election coming up at seven point thirty. I am going to talk about the props the presidential I'm not going to talk very too much about other than mentioned that for the first time that I can remember, when both parties are saying this really is a monumental election which is going to decide which way the country is going. Absolutely true this time around. And but you're gonna you've decided on that already. Uh, the props are kind of interesting. I want to go through those and the senatorial election Steve Garvey, is he going to get three votes? Probably not. So there are a few things that are already set in stone, but the props always always are the most interesting. So I'll be doing that. And then a week from tomorrow my daughter gets married. I know I'm making a big deal about that. But Neil, you're coming to the wedding.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, sir, I will be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's a Neil and Barbara Hampton are very close. Now who else is coming? Kno and Amy? Are you guys coming to the wedding?
Speaker 3: Must have missed get.
Speaker 2: Maybe you missed the invite because you didn't get an invite.
Speaker 4: Why do you do that?
Speaker 2: Because actually it's weird, right it is.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've known the girls since they were a mathematic equation existing.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 4: However, that's correct, that's rude. Actually, I mean because everybody.
Speaker 2: Well, here, okay, here it is, and this is legitimate. You've known the girls and since they were born of an IVF procedure, and the obviously when you go into the doctor's office, you have to sign all of the forms before undergoing a medical procedure like IVF. So it's fair to say you've known the girls since they were a signature line on a form. Yes, okay, fair enough.
Speaker 5: Since since I was saying, oh my god, oh hell no, don't have children. You should never raise anything, including house plants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that's not true. Actually, if you look at the girls, they have a real good understanding of the world around them, especially the value of a credit card that's in dad's name. They truly understand what life is about. Okay, you guys ready to do it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am, Okay, let's do it. Handle on the news on this Friday morning with Amy Neil and Me lead story murder Well, no surprise. Yesterday, the LA District Attorney Da George Gascone said he will recommend resentencing the Menendez brothers and it's this is a wild story. I remember it a lot of us, do we covered it, and I'm going to go through it a little bit. But there are a whole bunch of issues, not only with the Mendez brothers themselves and the issue of the trials there were two of them, but also the accusation that Gascon is doing this for political purposes, and I don't understand that because his position is being seen as a liberal position, So for political purpose, he's going to become more liberal? Is that going to help him? So I'm going to cover a lot more of that coming up at seven o'clock. Why are you smiling, Neil? Did I just say something?
Speaker 4: Did you sit on a duck or something?
Speaker 2: Oh? Did I just go I just gulped something? Yeah, Yeah, it was just something came up. None of us could figure out what the hell that was playing, you know. I just had a thing in my throat, that's all.
Speaker 4: I couldn't figure out what the hell it was.
Speaker 2: It was a thing in my throat.
Speaker 5: Okay, it was a thing in my throat. I can't accept that smuggling muppets. I had no idea what it was. And it was a curious sound.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, Cono, of course you're going to use that as a promo aren't you, Because that's a given.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be I immediately, Okay, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: Oh, because I didn't even know I really did it. The trials there were two of them, but that a right?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 2: It could have been worse? I can think of a couple of ways it could have been worse, just the trials, Okay, but also, yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, send me just that sound because that's gonna be my new ringer calls.
Speaker 2: And I want to share this. I shared it with you and everybody else many times before. Are you utterly stunned that I actually get paid for doing this in the morning every day? So am I?
Speaker 4: I'm not telling you?
Speaker 2: I just I'm just when I open up that mic, all right, sounds like a bad shoe.
Speaker 6: Well, if you're driving, you probably are not going to be loving La later today because a mini Carmageddon is coming.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: Here's what's happening. The Dodgers take on the Yankees at Dodgers Stadium Game one. The Lakers are hosting Phoenix at Crypto dot Com Arena, and the Trojans are playing Rutgers at the LA Coliseum tonight, and then along with that in Inglewood, the East LA Classic Football game between Theodore Roosevelt High School and James Garfield High School is happening at SOFI, and then there are concerts at both into It Dome and Kia Forum. So they're saying they're expecting more than one hundred thousand sports fans to be out on the roads. Mayor Bass says they have a coordinated effort to reduce traffic, ensure public safety, and promote local attractions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how can they not have one hundred thousand. They're sixty thousand just going to or fifty something thousand just going to Dodger Stadium, the EI, the Trojans and Rutgers at SCA, at the Coliseum. You know it's going to be forty fifty thousand, has to be. Yeah, it'll be north of one hundred thousand. You're going to see tonight a lot of people watching these games and these events on their phones while they're stuck in traffic. That's how they're going to enjoy the games.
Speaker 5: Who wants to put money on Caltrans going? You know what would be good? Why don't we try and fix some of the roads today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, but at seven point twenty, I'm going to do a story about today being a run up to the Olympics. It's actually a practice day for the Olympics. I'll be doing that at seven twenty. All right.
Speaker 5: The Justice Department has reached a settlement for more than one hundred million with the two corporations that owned and operated if you remember that containership that destroyed Baltimore's Francis Scott Key Bridge back in March. So as part of the settlement, this Grace Ocean Private Limited and Synergy Marine Private Limited to Singaporean companies. They're going to pay nearly one one hundred and two million to resolve the civil claim that was from companies. Just it's cost cutting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is just from the Justice Department. You still have the city of Baltimore, you still have the businesses that lost all that business, you still have the individuals who lost income, and of course the people that were killed on that bat yesh. So this is just the start. I have no idea idea how this these companies are going to stay even alive. You maximize whatever insurance they have are going to be the check's gonna be written instantly. Of course.
Speaker 5: Listening to Amy and wake up call this morning, isn't it just going to be isn't it billions just to replace the bridge or yeah, ratch alone, it's.
Speaker 3: Two billion just to rebuild the briers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's no issue. They're never going to be able to pay for it. They're just out of business.
Speaker 6: Their home SpaceX Dragon capsule has splashed down off the coast of Florida. They have three astronauts and one cosmonaut who had spent eight months up on the International Space Station with our friend Nick Ei, and they're back home.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good news, great, welcome home.
Speaker 5: Wow, that went differently than I expected, even as long stalled talks to try and secure the release of hostages and reach a ceasefire in Gaza resume. You know, there's little expectation of a breakthrough before the US presidential election, so there's.
Speaker 2: No there's no expectation Netonnah, who is not going to do anything based on who is unless he knows who is going to be the next president.
Speaker 5: So how does that play out? What do you what are the two options? If it goes left or it goes right.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, if it goes to Kamala Harris and Netanyah, who is going to be putting a lot be put into a lot of pressure. There'll be pressure on him to cut some kind of a deal, cease fire, negotiate for the return of the hostages, get out of Gaza, maybe put together some kind of relief position for Israel to allow humanitarian aid a lot more. Now, if Trump wins, Neta Nyahu goes balls to the wall. Trump is as pro Israel as any president that ever existed, and it's going to be Netta Yaho going just Israel be able to do whatever it wants. They don't care about international pressure. I mean Trump in terms of being pro Israel. He did not does not get around. He's the only president had the balls to move the US embassy to Jerusalem, of which Israel has claimed Jerusalem as this capital since Israel was created, and every US president refused to put it up there because of the pressure and the arms that went there. So Nettagna, who is certainly hoping for Trump to win, and those are will will see a much more complicated situation of if Harris wins, and it's going to be pretty clear cut. Trump will be pro Israel right down the line. And a lot of Jews are backing up Trump because of that. Oh, by the way, we have a commercial coming up. I'm going to do that at what just the last segment when I do the when I do this week's World in Review. A commercial that is playing right now in some of the swing states. We don't have it here. I'm going to play it for you. It is absolutely hilarious. It's a Trump commercial which you have to listen to as we do the last segment of the show.
Speaker 6: Time to get the lead out. The Biden administration says it is strengthening requirements for homes and childcare facilities to remove lead based paint dust that could better protect more than three hundred thousand children a year from toxic lead contamination. Under the new rules, any detectable level of lead dust in the building would be considered a hazard and the property owners would have to pay to clean it up.
Speaker 2: This is not lead paint, which they've had to remove for years and years and years. This is lead dust. And under the EPA and virtually every medical association and all the information we get, any detectable level of lead anywhere hurts kids, particularly. There is no except the level of lead none.
Speaker 4: So is this powder from the paint.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I guess it is. And how do you get Powder's two.
Speaker 5: Different rules because I have a century home and the likelihood of them using lead paint at some point on this house.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's pretty strong.
Speaker 5: But as long as you're painting over they can see it, they consider that sealing it in. However, if you sand or take it down to the original wood or things like that, it becomes a whole different situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know the answer to that. And it's not as if there people have to test for it. It's only if symptoms occur then it has to be tested for.
Speaker 3: Isn't the damage done at that point?
Speaker 2: Well you would think so, wouldn't you.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's a very blue point blue beard or balding. Yeah, in a symptoms pretty much okay. In a rare move, the Pentagon strongly pushed back yesterday against Min's information that it believes spread on social media that falsely sagested that US troops have been authorized to use force against American citizens during the election.
Speaker 4: It seems that this.
Speaker 5: Information was spread online by former Trump administration national security advisor Michael Flynn, former presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Junior, among others.
Speaker 2: Shameless, they're shameless. I mean that's it just throws something up and people will believe it, and that's the shame of what's happening. But anyway, the Pentagon's saying not true, not true, not true.
Speaker 5: You know, I saw a meme this morning that made me chuckle about how when we went to school, you know how they used to separate the kids. You had honor students and regular students, then you had special ed students. They said, that's what social media should be. Should be separated into those camps so you don't have to deal with we're doing none.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, can't imagine. This was about the Defense Department directing or allowing lethal four against Americans who simply protest governmental policy, and the Defense Department can send its soldiers to arrest those people or get into a firefight with those people, and oh, yeah, it's absolutely true. That's what the US government is doing. I mean, it's insanity, is what it is. But it's going to end, hopefully by next tuesday. Well we're not going to go next Tuesday. We're probably not going to know for a week as to who won the election.
Speaker 4: You did that law election rule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll take that long because you're going to have hand counts. You're going to have in any state in which Trump loses by two votes, or ten votes, or one hundred thousand votes, there'll be a few recounts. You now have elected officials that have been put into place by the Republican legislatures, where these elected officials get a lot more leeway in demanding recounts, hand counts. The fear is some of them who are required by law to certify I will not certify. They'll just say no. They just won't buy it because we have now them saying that the election was rigged last time out, and so any vote, any Democratic vote, is rigged. Marjorie Taylor Green is once again the dominion machines have already been programmed to flip votes from Trump to Harris straight out. Accusation was made, and we're going to start with that. And by the way, the other side too, if it's that close, will demand a recount, and in some cases some states, by law, there has to be a recount if it's within half a point. So we're not going to know.
Speaker 5: Now, would you miss the days the basic days of a hanging Chad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the Supreme Court made that decision. And then the other issue. If there is a tie with the electoral votes two seventy each, then it goes to the House of Representatives, who decides who is president.
Speaker 3: And one or the new one.
Speaker 2: The new one, ah, the new one. And if there is a tie, it's pretty rare for that's a tie, but it is conceivable. And then Trump becomes president by a vote of four in the House of Representatives because that's their margin. It's completely wild, completely wild, all right.
Speaker 6: The resignations are racking up. The La Times has lost two more editorial writers. They resigned in protest to owner Patrick Soun Scheung's interference, as they call it, with the paper's planned endorsement of Vice President Harris. The resignations yesterday come a day after editorial editor Mary el Garza resigned in protest, and one of the ones who quit yesterday said that Sun Cheung is a chicken and threw the editorial team under the bus and argued that the decision to stop the endorseorsement of Vice President Harris was itself an endorsement of sorts for Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: You know what I thought when I first read this story. You got a couple of guys or I don't know who they were resigning editorial writers. Where do they go? Where did journalists go today? I mean, did they literally give up their career to do this?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 2: One point that and I think where I'm going is that this is this is ballsy. I mean there's something that they walk the walk here, they walk the talk or talk or walk while they're talking or whatever.
Speaker 5: One amy was too kind because they didn't just say chicken. They added something afterwards. But the when it comes to hasn't it been kind of standard for the La Times to endorse.
Speaker 2: Yes, So there was a time when they didn't endorse I think I don't know, forty years ago they didn't endorse y.
Speaker 5: I always thought it was stupid that that a paper would endorse something, but they.
Speaker 2: Endorse everything else. I mean they went right down the list. You can read their endorsement as to why props and yeah, yeah that papers endorse. You know, they're political animals and they shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: So why change it now, though?
Speaker 2: Well, because those are the because editorials have always done an endorsement, except in this case it's not editorial. It is the paper that is endorsing and I agree with you, and there should be both sides, endorsement of both sides and arguing why. But for example, I last segment two, No, what am I going to do? Oh? The props coming up at seven thirty. I'm going to go through the props? And am I gonna tell you which way? No? No, I'm going to give you both sides. Actually, I'm gonna give you a third side because that's where I that's how.
Speaker 4: It'll handle fair and balanced.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, young brands if you remember that, are Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut. They're out here in Irvine, I believe well. They are pulling raw onions from their menu right now because of the e coli E coli outbreak that McDonald's experience. This seems to be tied to the restaurant supplier, US Foods. They went on Wednesday issue a recall notification for onion products produced by Taylor Farms.
Speaker 2: Even if they're not connected, because this was one producer, California, but it went to the Midwest. The onions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the you know the current concern there when whenever you're dealing with anything raw, you have the option. You know, it's like if you travel abroad and you you don't want food poisoning, people think, well, don't eat their proteins and things like that, But the reality is it's their greens, it's their salads and things like that.
Speaker 2: They know. And when I go, when I go to In and Out Burger, my double double always has a raw onion in it.
Speaker 4: I think you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I think I am. And a quick word about young brands. As people are puking their brains out, do they say yum?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think they're puking their brain. Now.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're eating the onions and you know, that's when they get they get the ukoli. And I think it's time for a break. Really, No, I think it is. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: That time was twenty five years ago, Neil.
Speaker 2: That's why I love you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, there's something in the air.
Speaker 6: Every year, California growers supply more than one hundred and eighty million pounds of pesticides to crops to try to defend them against weeds and fungus and insects and other pests. The state regulators are saying they have found detectable levels of pesticides floating around in the air in several large farming regions.
Speaker 3: Environ Yeah, environment, I.
Speaker 2: Want to say something here. Yeah, Okay, people bitch and moan about pesticides and fertilizer, industrial fertilizer. If it weren't for those, the world would not eat. It's that simple, period. And the reason there is enough food. There's a whole political issue here because that the world, we in the United States are part of it produce enough food to literally have every human being on this planet eat. Uh. The only issue, the only reason that you have starvation going on around the world is because of politics, because it's used as a weapon. Food is used as a weapon. Uh. And it's just it's horrible out there. But if we did not have pesticides, industrial pesticides, we would not be able to feed, even the United States.
Speaker 4: So besides in the air, Bill handles still alive.
Speaker 2: Go find Oh yeah yeah, so breathing ass not too bad. I mean, we all breathe. Pesticides, Come on, you know it helped, it helps you stay alive.
Speaker 5: President Joe speaking of barely alive, President Joe Biden said he will apologize today for the country's role enforcing indigenous children for over one hundred and fifty years into boarding schools, and many were physically, emotionally, sexually abused.
Speaker 4: More than nine hundred and fifty died. It's horrific. In a massive, massive scar on the United States.
Speaker 2: Once again, I mean this. You know, when we talk about and people say greatest country in the world, which it is in many ways, I always throw back. I agree with you, slavery. You think that was great the way we treated the Native Americans, breaking every single treaty we ever made with the Native with the Native Americans, Yeah, they just of an apology for sure, which is why I've always been in favor of If an Indian tribe wants a casino, go for it. I think it's a great idea. Also, the gas is cheap, by the way, because they don't have to pay guess you know that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I go to Morongo again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, really I don't know this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because they're not paying state.
Speaker 3: Taxes, so it's like three p fifty a gallon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's usually at eighty eighty five sense less a gallon.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: I always plan when I'm going to Morongo to get their gas there because it is so.
Speaker 4: Cheap all right.
Speaker 6: Now, Russia stoking the flames of disinformation.
Speaker 3: Hmm, what could be wrong with this?
Speaker 6: So Russia, according to a new research, helped to spread false, misleading claims on the Internet about the hurricanes. They criticized the federal response to the hurricanes Helena and Milton, exploiting concerns about recovery efforts. And the whole thing was done, as the report says, to paint American leaders as incompetent and corrupt and create political discourse before the election.
Speaker 2: And the reality is, the FEDS did a very good job with FEMA and dealing with the hurricanes. That's one thing the FEDS do well. FEMA does a good job for the most part. It's one of the better run administrative agencies.
Speaker 5: The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said just yesterday that it closed its investigation into Robert F. Kennedy Junior, finding that the allegation of him decapitating a dead whale carcass two decades ago was unfounded.
Speaker 2: You know, why did they make a big deal? So he brought in a dead whales head and word, I don't even know where he put it, but okay, I was twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: He put up on the roof of his car. Remember was it his daughter or something.
Speaker 6: He was saying that, like the whale guts were seeping into the car.
Speaker 2: It's great. It's a great story. That was twenty years ago. I sure heard people with that one, right, Come on, it's entertainment with a capital e.
Speaker 3: Amazon's getting into the gas business. Speaking of cheap gas.
Speaker 6: The newest perk from being an Amazon Prime Member apparently, or do you have to be Prime member? It allows members to save ten cents a gallon at gas stations seven thousand participating BPS, Amicos and ampms across the US. You just have to link your Amazon account to earn a FI which is a loyalty program app by bp HM.
Speaker 2: And every time you do that, this is one thing why I will never sign up for emails and I will never join loyalty programs because it's what happens is if you do so, you are inundated with email blasts, sometimes dozens a day.
Speaker 4: Okay, so make a Gmail account, right.
Speaker 2: I just make another Gmail account, that's true, which I haven't done. For some reason, I haven't done it. So why don't you, oh, Neil, why don't you help me out, Bill is an a hole dot com. Oh, I already have because you have no problem saying that on the air. No, I already have that account. I use it to communicate with Anne and Amy. Yeah all right.
Speaker 5: Colorado funeral home discussing sobs. The owners are accused of misspending nearly a million bucks nine hundred thousand dollars in pandemic relief funds. They lived lavishly, all while allegedly storing one hundred and ninety decayne bodies in a building and sending grieving families fake ashes, You bastard. They pled guilty yesterday to federal front charge of charges for defrauding customers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are bad people. By the way, there's a takeaway here. Never ever go to a funeral home that cremates and has a fireplace. Okay, we're done.
Speaker 5: You know what you do put You put a titanium screw in the hip of your loved one. So if those ashes don't come back with that screwing them.
Speaker 2: Oh so you salt the body, Well they're dead.
Speaker 4: You can't assault a dead body.
Speaker 2: No, not a salt salt like you salt a mine. Oh yeah, then you know. Yeah, all right, we're done. Guys. This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.