Speaker 1: On, on, on.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the CECO pre show for episode four eighty four. Just just said it, just forgotten it.
Speaker 1: For eighty four.
Speaker 2: Yes, holy shit, Yes we're back. And I asked you for a pre show topic. Then I was like, wait, no, I have one. Oh now, cameras rolland totally forget it.
Speaker 1: Excellent shit. We are brought to you by the loving patrons over at patreon dot com slash c CEO podcast or whether they like it or not, and they do, they do, And today we're look at, look at we got two.
Speaker 2: We got a returner, and we got a we got a freaking guy who's coming in. He's gonna be a patron.
Speaker 1: Now is he the new guy? Is it new guy from here? His new guy from ever said he got finger blasted in the discord.
Speaker 2: Definitely the new guy. So is this is his name?
Speaker 1: Uh? What is that? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Never heard of her.
Speaker 1: Huh, I've never seen that name before.
Speaker 2: It's new guy. And we've got a returner. And the nicknames, oh, they be a flow. And I already know, I already know what I'm gonna say. It involves some number in the front, some numbers in the back.
Speaker 1: Oh, baby, he's just six in the front, nine in the back, making him a six one nine.
Speaker 2: You just fricking wait, you have a funny story though, Oh about new guy?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay. And it also kind of leads into what we're going to talk about on the show next week, which is a continuation of some other stuff we've been talking about. Checking this out. Yeah, so we all sits down at the Coachman Licensed Beverage Room and casino. I've been there and new guy comes in and he sits, Oh my god, you guys, have I lived the dream and it just didn't work out for me? And we're all, oh, tell me, new guy, he lived the dream. He said, I played expropriate? Can we go? We're listening and I copied it two times, you know, like that. Vince McMahon was leaning back and oh, baby, so you definitely won this game. And then he's like and then I lost. And we're like and we're dumbfound it's me and it's been and it's Aiden and it's uh, Corey and Alex and five Call the Mono and Angel Aaron.
Speaker 2: Guys who know about playing.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows how like you don't lose when you play expropriate one time, how do you lose? And you play appropriate three time? And we're like, okay, explain like, explain this to us. Run us through the sequence of events that had to not win, and he goes, well, everybody just picked to give me stuff of theirs three times.
Speaker 2: That's how it works. That's like, well, that's what happens. So you don't get three extra turns or nine extra.
Speaker 1: Turns, right, and this sort of okay, so they gave you your nine and like all their stuff sucked and said, well, yeah, you know, I killed this guy, but then as soon as I passed my turn and then the next guy killed me. Now did you Ryan, do you catch up? Have you caught on to what happened here?
Speaker 2: He killed the wrong guy because he.
Speaker 1: Played expropriate three times, Ryan, and then he passed his turn and then somebody killed him, indicating he did not get an extra turn, he didn't choose turn for himself, and we were looking like what how did that happen? And then he's like, wait a minute, I get to vote too, and we're all.
Speaker 2: Just like, you know what's so funny about you know what's even better about that? You know. What's even better about that is the three knuckleheads he was playing against didn't know take four turns?
Speaker 1: I know, and he didn't. He just killed one guy and lost. It's like, man, I hope he gets to live that dream again, so he can actually pick time for himself and get himself some extra turns.
Speaker 2: Probably won't.
Speaker 1: God, damn, that sucks so bad. Yes, so we handed him a moral victory that night because a drink beer. Yes, so he drank a beer and we all had a good life. And the look on his face was so perfect, like both completely devastated but also very excited that now this card that he has is even better than he thought it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who'd have thunk? Expropriate gets even better?
Speaker 1: Right? And he was thinking, man, this card isn't even that good? Is essentially was what he said. He said, Well, because I I played it and then I got it three times, Like why does everybody think this card is so awesome? I get to vote to exactly, I get to vote it was so good.
Speaker 2: Oh very good. I actually enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Oh so work very good.
Speaker 2: Got me in the magic mood. I didn't go I didn't go to d H and M last night.
Speaker 1: Had two three pots.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: That's what Alex said.
Speaker 2: I I can never make it right when it starts, and even if i'm registered, I lose my chair or my spot at the table because I'm not there right right when it starts. So I was like, man, I'm not done yet. I can't go. I haven't even eaten supper and it's already like four fifty.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, four o'clock too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Alex, yeah, he messaged me from the coach. He's like, you should have came. There's three three three pods or two three pods or whatever, and I'm like, got damn.
Speaker 1: The last couple of weeks actually have been it's a it's a tides thing. I'm assuming other people's lgss are like this too, where new set comes out next couple of weeks real full and then after that like they're full. But there's usually a chair for you if you if you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what I when I come and if there is no chair, we are lucky, like we've said a whole bunch of times. We're friends with the LGS owner. And there's a dollar store because it's in a mall. The Coachman Licensed Beverage Room is there, and a lot of the times I'll go and drop my like to mail cards. There's a post office in the mall. I'll go and mail my cards. I'll say, hey, don't start a new one until I'm back, or hey, are you guys almost done? I'll be back in five minutes, And usually I can get lucky. Worst case scenario, I go to the Coachman Licensed Beverage Room, have a beer with with Hayley or Lindsay or whoever's working.
Speaker 1: Because we we are regulars, we know them.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and it's not that bad of a night.
Speaker 1: It's a good night.
Speaker 2: So we got a game to play. We've got two games to play.
Speaker 1: What's the game?
Speaker 2: The first game CEO Booster Back game? Who won last week? Don't have a winner because I forgot to do it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Sorry. That isn't to discourage people from commenting, because we're going og classic Booster pack game. Guest Tomorrow's Commander, get yourself entered to win Cecio Sticker Pack, m CEO Token pack, Booster pack of Magic Cards.
Speaker 1: Although these days that booster pack of Magic cards big money prize around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what else last week's winner actually wanted a booster pack is he opens them with his son.
Speaker 1: I was gonna dunk on him, but I guess if you're gonna open them with your son, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Man. Me and me and Rusty Trump Jones were opening some booster packs with my son. It was a gay ol time.
Speaker 1: Man. I opened booster packs last night, Real bad, real bad. The shot.
Speaker 2: What were you opening?
Speaker 1: Ether Drift collector boosties?
Speaker 2: Oh? And I get yellow cards?
Speaker 1: No, you don't only get yellow cards in the box toprick. Our store should have some now though, because they opened a couple of boxes for selling. Therefore they will have.
Speaker 2: I got a box stop. I've got a box stopper story for you after this, a.
Speaker 1: Couple of a couple of yellow cards to give away.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Man, I've got just devastated. And the guy at the till, I wish I could remember his name. I'm sorry man. If you watch and he's fanned out the whole box worth of packs and you can even pick which ones?
Speaker 2: Oh no, never let know.
Speaker 1: And he said, and the reason because I want you to just take the worst ones, and I want anybody else to have them. I was like, oh, well, I mean, you're right, he was. He's looking at everybody. He knows what's up.
Speaker 2: He must watch.
Speaker 1: So I pulled my three packs out or whatever, and yeah, I take those off my fucking tab and we go over and I open them all just get just shit right in my mouth. It was eye tragic.
Speaker 2: I love how you have a tab at the LGS. Yeah, put it on my tab, Charlie.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Well, I've been saving up for I've been like cashing all of my stuff in so that I can afford Final Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Can't.
Speaker 1: But I've discovered, Hey, did you freck?
Speaker 2: What? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Did you get your uh magic con Vegas early bird pass yet?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Did you get a weekend Premium?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Do you know what comes with Final Fantasy collector boosters? I do? So you do have something?
Speaker 1: I do have something.
Speaker 2: I have three.
Speaker 1: And also I've decided and I hate to say this, I hate to say it, but I'm gonna do it. I have to do it.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 1: I'm pre ordering my box a Final Fantasy from an American retailer that's going to be in Vegas, and I'm gonna pick my boxes up in Vegas and open them in the house with everybody. Yes, fucking y'all all are going to be part of the BBO of the c co O y TC live in Vegas house because it cast significantly less as a Canadian citizen to do that, and that makes me really sad because I can't support my lgs but I really want to, but I actually can't fiscally do it. We joke all the time. I'll ever fisically recover from this. I would not fiscally recover from doing that. And it makes me really sad, make me very happy, because more than anything, I want to support the guys that brought us to the dance and give us a place to tell us. But it sucks and I can't afford.
Speaker 2: He has to wear a dress to the dance. Yeah, you're gonna wear a dress because you're gonna get pounded so bad by final fantasy man.
Speaker 1: I look good in a dress. For the record, I have a shapely Oh yeah, you can't tell that. All my clothes are basically potato sacks with different words on them. But I look pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's where we get the booster packs Brando's sock drawer.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have to guess a commander, Yes.
Speaker 2: Box topper story first, the World, Metage over everywhere. Yeah. So I'm in Edmonton. I'm in Edmonton and I'm working the retail booth for our friends at Face to Face game, and I walk over the prize booth because it's kind of like the end of the day, you know, the prize booth. The prize wall picks up as people want to cash in their tickets and stuff, right, yep, that's how it's like wreckers. And so as I walked over, and my favorite part about working the prize wall is when you got to open up a new booster box, you just crack it open, throw the garbage under the table because there's no garbages around and people need their stuff now. So I go over and there's like a box a collector either drift collector box, garbage like box on the floor, empty, okay, and it's kind of half sticking out of the tablecloth. So I'd give it a little clink kick with my foot, and you know, when there's like one thing in a box, it kind of just goes when the things hit the side of the inside of the box. Yeah, I go, huh, that didn't sound like a promo like post card in there. It didn't sound like a ball of paper. It sounded like it was the weight and size and shape and feel smell of a booster pack. So I'm like, oh, I look in the box, freaking box topper. Oh the garbage. Found a box topper in the garbage. And then, as if that wasn't enough, then I turn around and just sitting on the table is the double box topper like with the land and the other card that you get in a finish line bundle or whatever.
Speaker 1: Will you get those in every box? Land and yellow card every box?
Speaker 2: Okay, well there was another one of those open sitting on the table, and I'm like, man, this is an embarrassment of riches. I'm freaking swimming in yellow cards. And what had happened is the best part that is what had happened is I left in a rush to go to the Oilers game, and I left the Island that I wanted and another freaking mascot card that I already had four of from my stupid collector box that you can watch on bb on the ccy TC exactly, and I left those there and I text message Uncle Kelly. I said, hey, up my island there. Can you just make sure it doesn't get thrown away? And I left that boxtopper I found somewhere too. Can you find it and make sure it doesn't get thrown away?
Speaker 1: He said no.
Speaker 2: He goes, yeah, no problem, I'll put it with your stuff. Blah blah blah. Come back tomorrow and talk to Matt or whoever, the other guy that was working. I say, hey, did you find that boxtopper island? And he goes, yeah, we kept the island because you said you wanted it, But the boxtopper got thrown.
Speaker 1: Away, so they didn't even open it to like sell it.
Speaker 2: It ended up just getting like put into a pile with a bunch of other stuff that was getting thrown away, and it got thrown away just like it got was gonna get thrown away anyway. Yeah, so we're guessing the commander. Guess the commander tomorrow's commander.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite five color good stuff? Commander? Who put it in the thing down below? And you're gonna think, oh, they're playing five color good stuff. Yes we are, but we're going to the fucking ball to the wall.
Speaker 2: I'm actually so excited about tomorrow. It's probably, and I'm gonna I'm gonna put my steak on this claim. Oh shit, I think it's gonna be the most powerful meme deck we ever made. So if you like meme decks, turn in, tune in tomorrow. If you like powerful decks, tune in tomorrow. Yeah. If you like good stuff five color, tune in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: If you want a preview of how you can use the new set to make a five color good stuff deck, even gooder stuff, tune in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, like Brando says, your favorite five color commander, and I'll take Golos because we just did a whole thing where we're talking about unbanning cards, and honestly, like Golos could probably be unbanned. It's not because he's too powerful. It's because he's too ubiquitous, ubiquitous, he's too just good stuff and not fun, but good stuff decks I find are a little bit falling out of favor because people run so much more removal than they used to at like medium to high power to I'm not I wouldn't be scared of Golos if you got unbanned yesterday, I'd be like, he's probably doing like five color good stuff, or he's trying to combo by doing the top of the deck expropriate golos thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, half come, that's what I say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that too. And I'm gonna put my favorite five color as Coalition Victory because I think it's gonna get unbanned.
Speaker 1: I like Sliver Queen because I have one. I have four. I have five if you count the big oversized foil one.
Speaker 2: Do you got the Vanguard card one? Yes, you got six?
Speaker 1: Then I have six.
Speaker 2: I got six slipper queens.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I got six slippers where it counts in my butt cheeks. Not what I was thinking about. Oh no, should we start four eighty four? Hit our theme song? How