Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome in hour number two here on a Thursday afternoon, Coffee and company fueled by Thornton's. That's us. Make sure you sign up if you've not yet to become a member of the Refreshing Awards program. You'll save money at the gas pump and you'll be able to take advantage of all the perks that come with being a member, like the Frequency Club. Yesterday morning, another free item for me at Thornton's because when you purchase a certain thing a certain amount of times, if it's an item that is in the Frequency Club, then you'll be you know, I don't. I guess I could count, but I like the suspense of like, hey, how many of my way, you know, because I don't go every day. But yesterday when I got the kids, they're very nutritious and healthy breakfast of a slushy essentially, they call them a fizz freeze there at Thornton's. But yeah, I put in the phone number and boom free It was only like seventy nine cents, but still, hey, it's free and that's a good thing. So again, we appreciate Thorntons and if you've not signed up yet, please do. You'll be happy that you did. Refreshman Awards dot Com is the website. You can get the app on your Android or your iPhone. Just search Thornton's search for Freshman Awards and you'll find it. All right. So, John, I'm a little bummed that you didn't match my excitement for the live tiger that's going to be at LSU this weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, it used to be a regular thing, right, and they don't do it every week anymore.
Speaker 2: So that's what I was looking into it. I don't know if it was a regular thing. It used to be much more common. Apparently it's been a while. I'm trying to see how long it has been, but apparently a report from one oh four point five ESPN and Baton Rouge, they're the ones who I guess broke the news that Mike the Tiger Yes says for years it was a commonplace for Mike the Tiger to be driven around Tiger Stadium prior to kick off safely in the confines of his cage. That practice stopped with the latest Mike being adopted by the school in twenty seventeen, and the current Mike, I guess this is he's one of many Mike's, will not be the actual tiger being used for the display. So wait a second, so they're getting really I mean, I guess it's if they have a real tiger. I mean, they do have a real tiger, but like if it's if it's a different tiger that's not the one that like everybody, Well, first of all, I'm not sure anybody really notice. I think you could put a lot of different tigers out there and fans probably wouldn't be able to determine if it's mean, you know, unless we're talking about one that's way bigger than the one they're used to or smaller. But is that what it is telling me here is that they're going to have a tiger, but it's not actually Mike their mascot.
Speaker 3: That's even more lame. That's lame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's I mean, I guess having any tiger there is potentially going to give you a little more give you a little more momentum and you're on your home field. But if it's not your mascot. I think it kind of defeats the point they probably should have just kept that a secret because nobody would have known. But Ross Ellinger, who covers college football for Sports Illustrated, says that decades ago, LSU used to station the live tiger outside of the visitors locker room and feed at raw steak, setting a horror scene for visiting coaches players who would emerge from pregame warmups to a roaring Bengal ripping a part of ribi, his jaws covered in blood. Yeah, that would be pretty I mean a little spooky. Yeah, I know it's Spooky's a little disgusting.
Speaker 3: So booky in the sense is like, wow, they actually just had they had the nerve to I mean, I guess you know, things were different back in.
Speaker 4: The day with it.
Speaker 2: You mean like basically what you're saying is that that would probably get somebody canceled. It would be a little canceled the right way. It wouldn't be acceptable. Yeah, yeah, a little inhumane for sure. And I'm thinking one, my stomach wouldn't like that. I wouldn't be able to deal with that as far as the visual. But if you know, I'm it wouldn't shock me if there's some football players, even if even if that's not their tiger and they're on the road like that might you know, a weird way that I wouldn't be able to relate to get them fired up for the game, right like, yeah, let's go. Let meant, let let's go not kill somebody. But you know, I'm gonna I'm gonna just move on from the whole conversation about the tiger because one, it's lame that it's not their actual mascot, and also, yeah, just to just probably shouldn't have read what Ross Dellinger was sharing there because it's pretty disgusting.
Speaker 3: But this is an elimination past it now like a playoff elimination game for the two. I feel like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big two losses, no doubt, this is a big, big game. And you know, Louisville doesn't play this week. They've got a big basketball game. So I've not necessarily been as plugged in this week keeping up with with the other matchups because again, Louisville is often on Saturday. I mean, I'm gonna watch college football. I'm gonna bet on a lot of games, but The first thing comes to mind for me right now is Louisville Tennessee, which I better now knowing that I'm not the only one that looks at Tennessee as far as personnel and style and thinks that Louisville can win, and I'm I kind of expect him to win. Kid Spencer joined us earlier from WHS eleven and he kind of echoed the same thing. So anyways, but back to the football side of things, Yeah, I mean, that's certainly one of the bigger games of the week. I mean, can you say Indiana and Michigan is that? I mean, can you can we say that's one of the bigger games of the weekend because.
Speaker 3: I mean, is in the conference? That's for sure? Yeah, I mean I guess you could even say.
Speaker 2: I mean, Michigan's a top Michigan's the defending national champs. They're clearly take They've taken a step back this year. But I think when you're in when you're a top ten team at this late in the season, every game is a big game. I mean, maybe not for everybody to tune in and watch. Clearly Indiana loses here, that would be you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: Kind of treated this as sort of a college football playoff playing game of sorts. Now, a lot of people at this point have said, well, if they go to Ohio State and get killed, maybe that wouldn't be the case. But I think at that point, if you do take care of Michigan this weekend and Indiana at least is pegitificans Ohio State for the entirety of the game, I think they've solidified a playoff spot at that point.
Speaker 2: I think Indiana fans, like yourself and I think you're doing it, should absolutely be living in the moment because this has got to be such an awesome experience as an Indiana football fan, something you clearly have never experienced before, and to be honest, probably something you never thought you'd.
Speaker 3: Experienced and maybe might not ever again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just it's that kind of a magical scenario that's played out. So again, live in the moment. However, I do want to say this because this just really puts it in perspective. Imagine me telling you six months ago that Indiana would be fourteen point favorites against the defending national champions. Say it out loud. It's insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is insane. Michigan was expected to be a whole lot better than they are. And it's not that they have, you know, poor talent. They just haven't really been able to put it together this year. That spread has more to do with Indiana than it does Michigan. Like so, Michigan's not Florida State. I mean, they just they took a step back. That spread is what it is because.
Speaker 2: All Kurt Signetti has done this year is just kick everybody's ass.
Speaker 3: On the schedule over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's that's what he's doing. Yeah, looking at some other the other I mean I can't. Yeah, So Florida Alabama and I'm sorry LSU Alabama. That's eleven and fifteen, and again it'll I don't know if either of those teams are gonna make the playoff, but a loss here would would essentially eliminate the possibility for both. And then other than that, I guess you don't have Okay, I did not mention that one because I'm not seeing it here. But yes, that is a big time matchup between two ranked teams, So a decent slate this weekend in college football. No doubt Florida and Texas play, and Texas will probably kill Florida. But those wondering if Billy Napier is gonna survive the year or even survive long term, we now have an answer. So they've announced. Florida, their athletic director Strickland, announced that that they're going to retain Billy Napier and keep him around, which it kind of felt like that would probably be the the move because they're not good. But man, you can tell while watching them, with all of the noise out there about him likely losing his job, how tough of a schedule that they have, which they do. They have the toughest schedule in the country, and it's impressive that they've been able to compete in games against I mean that they lost to who Wasn't in overtime? They lost is it out? Was it Tennessee? And who else? They have two overtime losses, two really really good teams, which again you're still losing. But I think it's impressive that Billy Dapier, given what the whole vibe was surrounding this entire season, in his future. It kind of felt like a throwaway season for Florida. And I'm sure they're players, you know, they knew all what was being said, but yet they're still competing night in and night out. And I mean, I'm not here to tell you that I think Billy and Aper's gonna end up being a very successful coach there long term. But I kind of understand why they're at least going to give him one more year because you know, it would be a costly move and you know, maybe they could go get Lane Kiffin, maybe they could go get Kurt Signetti, But like outside of that, I don't really know. I mean, I don't think there's any certainty that Lane would come. Same thing with with Signetti, I guess. So if you'd have said a few weeks ago, I would have said there's no way that he keeps his job. But I kind of get it now. I mean, again, wins and losses ultimately matter, and if he ever gets fired, it'll because he didn't win enough. But I think you can tell a little more than just their record that they actually have gotten better this year, and they've got a young quarterback now that you know is having success that might be somebody that can save the situation overall for Billionapier.
Speaker 3: Do you want to ask you real quick now that the Florida job won't open this offseason. Are there any like Tier one level CFB jobs that are primed to open?
Speaker 2: I'm glad point, I'm glad you asked, because the folks at CBS Sports to cover college football as well as the athletic They did an update with on their hot seat rankings for college football coaches, and honestly, now that Napier has gotten the green light to stick around for at least one more year, the other jobs that could open up from the Power four level, I mean, here's what's listed here. Mac Brown could just retire because clearly they've really struggled, and his overall tenure there has been successful because of the how bad they were prior to him, but I think, I mean, I think it's been really underwhelming. They're five and four right now. If they end up getting a winning record, maybe he calls it quits. Because he's been pretty outspoken about just how different college sports, as college football is as far as the coaching job, and I mean, he's complaining about how there's so much distractions with the Portland Nil that like coaches aren't able to put a consistent product on the field, and he may be right, but also is he at the age where he wants to navigate that. I mean, he's he's getting up there in age. It's seventy three. And then the other This is how they this is how CBS Sports listed this. This is a swing group. Could be safe or fired depending upon what happens in November. Ryan Walter's you don't have to worry about that if you're Indiana. No, And I don't know who they would hire. That's not a good job. And man, they were terrible before Brahm and they've they've been much worse without him. Neil Brown could could get let go. So he's four and four right now. He was lucky to get another year this past season. I mean that job might open up. But I could also see West Virginia saying, look, and I don't know what his contract situation is, but I could see West Virginia saying, look, we don't we're not thrilled with the way this thing is gone, but we're going to give it another year because of finances in because we don't really know for sure who we would go get and if they would be that much better. David Randa at Baylor, he's a guy that could lose his gig after this season gusmells On, I'd be shocked, but then again, you know he has been underwhelming, and they're four and five this year, and they've struggled since making that move to the Big twelve as far as what their expectations were when they hired somebody like gusmells On Sam Pittman, you know, they're five and four right now. They've been competitive against some pretty good teams this year. They did get they I mean the lost to Ole Miss the way it happened and the defense being as pathetic as it was, probably wasn't a good sign for Sam Pittman. But the other jobs that I guess could potentially Yeah, Kyle Whittingham, they're mentioning that they mentioned him as somebody that could retire, but would he retire on a bad note because they're having a down year. So all in all, I would say the worry of losing Signetti, if there even really is one, after just one season, there's not gonna be a job that would open up that would be worth it to him because I mean, obviously West Virginia's a decent job, they've had some good success.
Speaker 3: He's if he's a West Virginia alum is Signetti. I believe I can double check that that sounds almost. That sounds very Maybe it's either West Virginia or Pittsburgh. It's very odd.
Speaker 2: That sounds off. But hey, that would make that maybe a little more worrisome if that truly is his alma mater.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did. He pleaves quarterback at West Virginia in the frow.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean West Virginia. That's the thing. The West Virginia all in all, historically is a better football program than India for sure, but this day and age, they're not in the Big Ten or the SEC, and that has real value for these jobs as far as resources. So I just it'd be wild to see Signette lead after just one season. But hey, I mean I wouldn't say his.
Speaker 3: Alma mater though, Like, yeah, either an alma mater situation or another gig in the Big ten in the SEC that's considered better than where you're at, which is a lot for being honest, But I mean, how much if you depending on where he ends up at the end of this year, why feel the need to try to repeat that elsewhere if you already do it in Indiana? But again, that's just me talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it is wild how he's I mean right now, if a big job did open up, I don't know how he wouldn't be somebody that's in mind for for anybody. But the good good thing for Indiana didn't look like there's gonna be any big jobs opening up now. Next year could be different. Hugh Freeze. They have a list here of not now, but they may lead the hot seat in twenty twenty five. That's Hugh Freeze at Auburn, Mike Loxley at Maryland, brit Venables at Oklahoma, Lincoln Riley at USC And then they mentioned Sean Moore getting a mulligan this year, which is true, like he was never going to only get one year. But next year they need to be really good. I think they could. They could win two three more games next year, and they still might move on from him because they're not gonna want to lose the momentum they had with a national championship just a year ago. And then this is a coach listed here in its own tier by himself. He's safe, but the staff overhaul better be good. That's Mike Norvell at Florida State. Yeah, I mean that. I mean it's.
Speaker 3: Do you go from undefeated to this?
Speaker 2: Listen to this. The team total for Florida State this weekend is seven and a half. That's insane. All right, You're insane if you don't stick around, because we got a lot more to come, including the conversation with our good friend, the one and only Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider. He joins us next right here, So stick around on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, Coffee and company rolling along here on a Thursday afternoon. Thanks for hanging out, don't forget. Take us with you wherever you go. Listen live on the iHeart Radio app. Also listen live It's seven ninety Louisville dot com. Let's bring him in. He's mister Brian Edwards from Vegas Insider dot com. Brian, before we dive in here, I felt bad after I reached out to you and asked if you could come on the show today because I thought maybe you needed a little time to kind of, you know, accept what your athletic director has decided to do. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe you have have changed your mind a little bit. On Billy Napier, I got I gotta get your thoughts on this decision. Did it seem like this was this was coming.
Speaker 4: Not at all out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: Strickland, the ad should have been fired years ago. Napier never should have been hired. Our university clearly, clearly, excuse me, does not care about football anymore. Napier is at a time where right when he got hired.
Speaker 4: Shortly after, within.
Speaker 5: A few months, we opened the football only facility that costs about eighty five million, considered one of the best in the country. The University of Florida has never invested more money into the football program in terms of how large Napier's garbage staff is and how much they all get paid. And he is one in ten in rivalry games, with five losses by double digit margins.
Speaker 4: He is ten and.
Speaker 5: Eighteen against Power five opponents.
Speaker 4: I say Power five instead of Power four because Oregon State.
Speaker 5: We were the victim of an Oregon State beat down in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: And right now he has the.
Speaker 5: Number one I mean, I'm sorry, the number fifty one, fifty one recruiting class in the country for twenty twenty five per two four seven Sports Composite.
Speaker 4: So we're on our way to our fourth losing season.
Speaker 5: In a row, and we had never we had not had three losing seasons in a row since the nineteen forties.
Speaker 2: Clearly, you laid it out as to why you're upset with this decision, and I think any Florida fan that feels the same it makes total sense. But what do you think the reason is other than just incompetence an athletic director that doesn't know what he's doing? Is is Strickland stubborn? Because you know, maybe is it because they've already invested so much money they don't have enough money to buy him out. Like clearly they've been a little more competitive than maybe people would have expected. But Florida is Florida, right.
Speaker 5: Well, one thing that's making everything very complicated is the school president, who had only been there for like two years.
Speaker 4: He left this summer where he resigned supposedly.
Speaker 5: Because his wife is dealing with a health issue, but then it came out that he was doing some things that you know, weren't good. So anyway, we have an interim president right now, and the interim president is the former president who hired Strickland. So it's all about self preservation from Strickland to the you know, We're apparently not hiring a new full time president until twenty twenty five, so the the interim.
Speaker 4: President don't want to fire Strickland.
Speaker 5: Strickland's tied to Napier, and there's no way that anybody's gonna let Strickland hire another coach at Florida. I mean, he's got the worst hire in SEC football history on his resume and Billy Napier and the worst hire in SEC basketball history in Rick Ray when he was at Mississippi State.
Speaker 4: So that's Strickland's resume.
Speaker 5: How he is in power still is incomprehensible, to say the least.
Speaker 2: Yikes. Yikes. Brian Edwards, Vegas Insider, is our guest joining us here on Sports Talk seven ninety. We've got some football to wager on this weekend, and it's actually starts tonight. I'm not sure if you've got any place for tonight specifically, but here we go again, another four day stretch of football, and I'm gonna I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it. On the college football side, Indiana obviously one of the biggest stories in college football. Signetti just whooping everybody's ass this year. That's what he's doing. And my producer big Indiana fan, and I told him, hey, he should live in the moment. In Indiana fans are but just say it out loud. Imagine saying something six months ago like this. Indiana is two touchdown favorites against the defending national champs. Is that too big of a number? You got any action on this one? I mean, it still doesn't seem real. But Signetti and the Hoosiers are for real.
Speaker 5: Yes, they are not only the fourteen point favorite against Michigan, they are gunning for a ten win season for the first time ever.
Speaker 4: They've been playing college football since eighteen eighty seven.
Speaker 5: They've only won nine before twice in nineteen forty three in.
Speaker 4: Nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 5: So if Signetti's not National Coach of the Year, it'll be a crime. So they had led every second of every game until at Michigan State. Last week's Fartey jumped on them ten to nothing in the first quarter, and all they did was score forty seven unanswered after that for another easy spread cover and Curtis Rorke, who had missed a game and a half, was back to two hundred and sixty three passing yards, four touchdowns, no picks, He now is in nineteen to three TDI and T ratio and Michigan has lost three of its last four games and is miirred in a one to four against the spread slump and Michigan all four of their losses this year by double digit margins. They're zero to two, both straight up in ats and a pair of road assignments and making matters worse. Star corner Will Johnson preseason All American projected first round pick.
Speaker 4: He's missed back to back games.
Speaker 5: He and the other starting corner for Michigan are listed as questionable Indiana minus fourteen. For me, I'm sure I'll be on in the first half as well, which will probably be seven and a half or eight.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: With you the last few weeks. There's the one thing I felt more confident in every time I've wagered it is Signette to cover. And I'd be surprised if he stops doing it at this point. I mean, they've just been they've been absolutely dominant. Another team that has been dominant this year in a little bit of a different way, Army. They're undefeated. They found themselves just inside the college football playoff rankings. They've got North Texas here, a good North Texas team, a pretty good American Conference matchup here. I know Army favored by just under in fact me, what is that now that one moved?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm seeing minus four?
Speaker 5: Did it?
Speaker 4: Did it?
Speaker 2: Did it start bigger than that?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, yeah it was six?
Speaker 2: Okay that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 5: So the deal with this is Bryson Daily, there stud running back who's got nineteen rushing touchdowns and a seven to zero.
Speaker 4: T d I and T ratio.
Speaker 5: So Monkin said the other day, I don't know if it's Monday or Tuesday that he's questionable to probable. So I'm guessing maybe there's some reports that he maybe hasn't practiced or something to that effect. You know, he was doing national interviews on ESPN last week, and they had two weeks to prepare for Air Force and there wasn't a word for two weeks about him having an injury, and then it just pops Saturday morning, you know that he is out. And so Army was one of my few losses last week, and that was very frustrating. You know, if if I you know, I've said all week, I'm not betting Army. Unless I see daily in uniform and on camera, I can see him moving around pretty good. If I do see that Saturday morning and it's Army minus seven or fewer, I may play Army.
Speaker 4: But right now I'm thinking, you know, he's very, very questionable if you know at best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, given the way they play, it makes sense to strictly only get it on action if you know they're going to be the same team you've seen all year.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Sticking with with college football, do I see that Brian Edwards may have a little money line parlay going on here?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, yes did I. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh both at home. PITTSGH nice minus seven and a half to Virginia and Cincinnati off the open date, but so is West Virginia. But Cincinnati has been great to me. I'm five and.
Speaker 4: One ahts backing them.
Speaker 5: I only lost their last time out at Colorado, so I don't want to lay the five though. With the Bearcats. Most of my bets on them have venice underdogs.
Speaker 4: But I think they're gonna win out right at home.
Speaker 5: So Cincinnati and Pittsburgh just to win out right plus one oh five or.
Speaker 2: Ten, all right, let's switch gears to the NFL. Another team I know that you have mentioned throughout during our conversations this season is the Commanders. They're two and a half point favorites against the Steelers, who have really played well this year and really turned it on since Russell Wilson entered the lineup. What do you like here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I've taken the Commanders every game since Week two, and I'm seven to zho to one against the spread doing.
Speaker 2: That, and gotta keep riding it. Gotta stay hot, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Three or few or I gotta do it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I certainly respect Pittsburgh's defense and you know, as them in general, but I think we've got a huge advantage at the quarterback position and Washington's been automatic at home. Give me the Commanders minus two and a half or maybe three.
Speaker 2: All right, so the Lions minus three at Houston. In fact, I think it's now around three and a half to four. I like the Lions here. I believe you do as well. I'm a little like it's one of those games for me. I wouldn't have expected to be a huge number, but I'm a little surprised that it was at around three. I kind of thought. It's given me a little hesitation because I feel like maybe there's something that we don't know. But I like the Lions here. I'm assuming you do as well.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's an absolute gift. I made Detroit seven.
Speaker 5: They've won six in a row, both straight up in ATS. They're the best team in the NFL. The twenty four to fourteen win at Green Bay was a misleading final. That was the TOUMP.
Speaker 4: Slap the air up twenty four to three early third and it was raining.
Speaker 5: They were just trying to chew clock and get out of there. Last five games, Jared Goff eleven touchdown passes, no picks, and Houston is in a slump one and two, both straight up in ATS. Their last three. They're not given CJ. Stroud enough time to throw the ball. We don't know if Nico Collins will be back this week, but we know Stefan Diggs has gone for the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: I got it at three.
Speaker 5: If it's three and a half, you can buy it to three at minus one thirty or cheaper. I do that, But if it's four, no problem.
Speaker 4: I think they put it on pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes recency can ken cloud you know your judgment when it comes to to to what you want to do. But man, the last time I saw Stroud, even though it was just maybe his worst game ever that I guess that's why I'm surprised that that it was around three. I think seven seven would have been something I wouldn't have been surprised at all. So yeah, I'm I'm with you on that one. I don't know if it's on your card, but do you have any thoughts on tonight's Bengals in Ravens game is certainly a big game around here, Yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know, pre game not really now, if both offenses would get off to a slow start, you know, in the first quarter, and you know I could get the over with a live bet in the you know, forty six to forty eight range, I might be interested in that. You know, if Baltimore you know, jumps out to seven nothing lead early and maybe, you know, if I could get the Bengals you know, plus ten live, maybe I'd think about that because even without t Higgins, you know, Burrows playing really well right now. They're just playing better last few weeks. The rivalry game. I mean, I don't think Baltimore is gonna run away from him. I was thinking Baltimore's team total, but it was twenty nine and a half. I mean, you know, that's just kind of a little rich for me.
Speaker 4: So I'm probably just gonna live bet it. I don't think I'm gonna do anything pregame.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts at all on the total, Like the fifty two and a half. That seems a little high, but then again, I could see that hitting. But again, there's a lot of things I could have seen happening that would have made money, but I didn't win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I lean over, but it's just a touch high.
Speaker 4: I think I'm with you what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: You know, I'd love for both teams to have like time consuming field goal.
Speaker 4: Drives to start and it's three to three.
Speaker 5: You know, it was five minutes left in the first and we can hit an over forty seven and a half.
Speaker 4: Maybe you know, something to that effect, I might do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep my eye on that as well. Brian has always appreciate you making time. Enjoy another four day stretch here some awesome football, and best of luck to your brother.
Speaker 4: Thanks nik jall have a great weekend man.
Speaker 2: Take care. That's Brian Evers from Vegas Insider dot com. Man I, I am really impressed, but also feeling bad for him as far as how well he laid out the Florida Billy Napier situation, because that's somebody who clearly is a diehard Florida fan and knows much more about the you know, the ongoings there than most especially those that you know aren't Florida fans. But it's got to be I mean, that's got to be the worst thing because college sports right now is so much pro sport, it's pro sports, it's a business, and to know that like a move that needs to be made sooner rather than later for the future of your program is seemingly being held up because of administration issues, meaning the actual the president of the school, the person that's literally in charge of everybody. They left. There's an interim, so like no action can be taken. Like that's that's got to be tough. But if you are, you know, I should have mentioned this to Brian and maybe make it feel a little bit better. If you are a Florida fan and you don't believe that Billy Napier is the guy long term, you're probably right, but I don't know does Lane Kiffin look as intriguing. I mean, clearly he's better than Napier, But maybe you write it out one more year and maybe Signette's more gettable, maybe there's a new name like. I don't know, but what I would hate is if just knowing that you're kind of in no man's land, right, like this year was a wasted year for Florida because they never expected to be good. They're really not good, but they haven't been bad enough to where it's no decision or there's no discussion. He's gone. Clearly he hadn't been good enough though, to where you feel like he's the guy. I mean that not at all the same situation, but that's what I That's how I described the Sadderfield situation. Like when he went into his last year here, I wanted him to be either really good or you know, bad enough to where, yeah, this thing has run its course, let's move on. And sure enough he was in no man's land. He did not give you a fireable season in any way, but he also didn't do good enough to where everybody like that things were going to work out long term, and he didn't do enough to earn an extension a new contract in the eyes of Josh Hurd, and that is why he started looking for a new job. And it all worked out, and I'm very happy about that. And I will give Scott's out of a credit. As much as I like to rag on him, I mean, he's having a year he needed to have at Cincinnati. I mean, they're not great, but they're much better than they were a year ago. And I mean, it wouldn't be shocker if he ends up doing the same thing he did at Louisville, where he wins but not enough to where they feel like they're a real threat. But he hadn't lose enough to where you feel like he got a canon. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. This is an unlikely scenario, but it is a possible scenario that I want to share with you because this would be insane if this was to play out with the college football playoff rankings. But there's a scenario that. Again, it's not likely, but I don't think it's insanely unlikely that the Big twelve champion doesn't make doesn't make it sounds crazy, but we'll explain on the other side. Stick with us right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. All right, let's go to the text line. Five O two sixty five three zero seven ninety is the L and N Federal Credit Union text line. You can also give us a call five O two five seven one seventy nine hundred. No more guests scheduled today, So if you want to give us a call again, you can do that. But this text says, Nick, don't you think it's a little unfair to Isaac Brown for everybody to just be assuming he would leave after one year? I mean, I don't think it's unfair to him. I don't think he would be insulted by that, because I mean that's I mean, I get what you mean. But in this new world, that is I mean, that's gonna happen with everybody, right, I mean, And if Isaac Brown is looking out for himself, I mean, he's probably going to have his end of year meeting with Jeff Brohm and want to know about nil, Like he probably had some NIL in place when he arrived. He was a really highly regarded freshman. But obviously the inile money appears to be going mostly to players that have proven that they have, you know, have the ability to really get results for you at the college level. That's why transfers are usually the ones, you know, the big name transfers, that's that's those are the guys who get the most of the money, especially quarterbacks. And then now you've got guys that come back, and in order to get them back, they're going to need a lot of money. For example, the defensive lineman, the freshman at South Carolina who's just been dominating the SEC as an eighteen year old freshman. I mean, I think the report I saw today was that he's they're working on securing him a one point five to two million dollars in il dil to return. So it's just how things are. I mean, I know what you mean when you say that, Like I don't. I mean, it's not like I think what what you said is crazy, but the new in the new world, it is kind of crazy to assume that Isaac Brown wouldn't need to be compensated higher than he was already has already been compensated in order for him to because here's the reality, Like Isaac Brown, if he doesn't get more money, which he will, and I think UFL is going to do everything they can to when I say ul, I guess I mean the collective, and I mean there's going to be a lot of people knowing they got to make sure they got that he's taken care of from an nil perspective, because if not, he will get way, he will get a lot of money elsewhere. And look, you could end up losing him to a school that simply can outbid you. But I mean the notion that he would just stick around, no questions asked, not even going to bring up any NIL money like that is crazy. So it's not insulting to him, but he would I mean if he decided to just stay here and not even talk in IL with U of L and simply know that he could get a lot of money elsewhere but he doesn't care, then first of all, that would be a great gift that he would be would we would want to thank him, right, But that's I mean, why would he do that? These players, this is now a job they need. They should be looking out for themselves. And if they aren't, and they, you know, are not concerned about how much money they can make, then you know, good on them. But I'm at a point now where any like I no longer have any thought of like, well, come on, man, really you're going to do that? Oh, it's all about money. Like I get that some people still have that reaction when they see their player, a player on their team entering the portal or potentially looking to leave and whatnot, because it's still new in the grand scheme of things. But it'll be here forever and money's going to always matter. That's just how it is, all right, when it comes to keeping your pets healthy. Jefferson Animal Hospital that is who you need to turn to. They've been in business for forty four years. Since nineteen eighty. They've been opened for three hundred and sixty five days out of the calendar year, including Christmas. So if there is an emergency with your pet, they've got a doctor on staff that'll be there in case of set emergencies. So emergencies are never fun and usually you panic, but after the panic wears off, just know, Hey, they're here for you. Jefferson Animal Hospital on Outerloot. Give them a call FABO to nine hundred pets or visit Jefferson Vets dot com. So to answer your question. And I feel like I might have been kind of rude when when responding to that, but I hope I made my point. So it's not you know, it's not unfair to him for people to assume that I would imagine, but if there is this scenario out there where he was like, yeah, you know what, I'm good. Yeah, we don't need to talk about nil. I mean, that would be awesome, But that's just I don't think that's I don't think that's reality. And there's no doubt he's the one guy on your team that like there probably will be tampering going on. There might already be tampering going on. And that's just where we are with with college football.
Speaker 3: Speaking of tampering, did you see the Miller Moss decision. No, so he's decided that he's getting into the Tree Answer portal and is already expected to go to Michigan.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, that came together quickly.
Speaker 3: I know, a little tampering action probably.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no doubt about it, right.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, how do you already know without officially being in the portal?
Speaker 2: So did he get benched or something?
Speaker 3: I knew he was think they're just having a really terrible season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if he's I mean, okay.
Speaker 3: Or maybe he just decided to sit out and not play anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so I was thinking maybe he was in somewhat of a situation similar to Colin Lacey. But no, so he man, this is his So he'll have an extra year anyway because it'll be his fifth year. So this year's probably burnt up as far as eligibility because he's played in enough games. But like, I mean, he pretty much just left the team and was like, see you later. I'll you know, I'm gonna go finish my career. So that's already happened, like he's already committed.
Speaker 3: Was announced a few hours ago that he's entering the portal and his top choice reportedly is Michigan.
Speaker 2: Got you. Well, yeah, that happened pretty quickly, and there's no scenario in my mind that there wasn't a.
Speaker 3: Michigan's quarterback situation is a disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean, this might be the most blatant move that, Like, there's no scenario this could have happened without tampering going on.
Speaker 3: We all know Michigan doesn't care about cheating.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, they have no regard at all. All Right, fellas, listen up, when it comes to sex, what if I told you we could take something sex you know that's already great and make it even better. That's where blue Chew can come in and help you. Blue Choo one word. Blue Choo is a unique online service that delivers the same active ingredients as viagra and sialis, but in a chewable, delicious tablet and en a fraction of the cost. Blue Choo's tablets are performance enhancements for the bedroom. They can help men gain extra confidence when it's time to perform. But again, it doesn't have to be something that is there just to you know, help you. I mean, it's gonna help you, But don't think hey I gotta have it, or we can't. We can't do the deed. Think man, this is going to be great. Oh wow, it could be even better if I've got blue Choo and it works. Trust me. When it comes to the convenience, that's maybe the best part of this whole thing. It's an online prescription service. No visits to the doctor, no awkward conversations, no waiting in line at the pharmacy, ships directly to your door, and it's made right here in the USA, and you will get a chance to try it for free, so you will see for yourself at no cost to you when it comes to the product, that it works and it's great. So you can get blue Choo free if you use Nick seven ninety at checkout as a code. So again, blue Choo dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety at checkout. All you have to do is pay five bucks shipping well worth it. It's Bluechoo dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety to receive your first month free. Just chew it and do it. Blue Choo All right, quick break five o'clock hours coming up next. A lot more to get into and we'll have some fun here at least we're gonna try, and we need you guys with us, So don't go anywhere, keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety