Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful day to fight? Huh.
Speaker 1: It's just something like spring. I mean, every nice days nice, right, but there's something like those first few really nice days, and yeah, it's going to cool off over the weekend, but at least we're getting some of these now, right. So I think we're falling into that time of you're right, where it's going to pop up and down and then the trend line will gradually get better and it's light out every day and my life is good. Eight five five four zero five eight two five five The number text d A N five seven seven through nine. If you just joined, thank you. We're talking at the moment about the Sixteenth Street Mall and kind of the doom spiral it's been in since Colorado legalized marijuana and since other lefty pro criminal policies, et cetera made it a place people don't want to go, and the left just won't face that reality, right, So they keep trying to put perfume on a pig with taxpayer money and other monies, and then it reaches kind of a new level of enjoyable absurdity. Can you go trademark that for me? Enjoyable absurdity? Should that be the new name of the show? But see it reaches this new level in this story. We're about to play you off of KUSA where they try to blame the failure of the mall on the right.
Speaker 2: On conservatives for misleading people.
Speaker 1: That's the implication misleading people into believing it's dangerous down there. And I know, I mean, you'd never conclude that from the flight attendant him in her throat slit and broad daylight and dying on the mall on a Saturday as she visits from Phoenix.
Speaker 2: It never concluded from any of.
Speaker 1: That kind of stuff, right, So it's fascinating that they just won't admit the root cause and they continue you to just try.
Speaker 3: To put perfume on the pig.
Speaker 1: And one of the questions I'll have for you at the end of this so I play this more for your own enjoyment on the way home, But at the.
Speaker 2: End of the day, is it ever going to change, or.
Speaker 1: Will it just be this downhill spiral until it all is just like Armageddon? Or at some point is Denver going to elect a Republican? Now it won't be somebody who's labeled a Republican, right, it would have to be somebody who says they're unaffiliated but they're really a conservative.
Speaker 3: Is Denver ever going to be willing to.
Speaker 2: Do that to save itself?
Speaker 4: So enjoy the story, Denver Sixteenth Street Mall has some real problems. First off, Americans general disinterest in spaces like that that used to be far more popular.
Speaker 2: Do you mind if I stop you there, Ryan?
Speaker 1: I just did a quick little mental survey of all the places I've been on cases and on vacation where there are areas like the sixteen Street.
Speaker 5: Mall that are thriving. Can I name one day? You could name twenty the Riverwalk in San Antonio? There's one for you. There's one for you. I mean, I'm trying to think of a city that doesn't have one. I mean that they're thriving all over America.
Speaker 6: The Magmiele and Chicago still even well say.
Speaker 3: I would quitval with you on that.
Speaker 1: I think the lefty policies have it's worst destroyed that. I think they have had the pro crime stuff and not great. Yeah, I think they've destroyed that one. But but yeah, no, there are plenty of these that are thriving. You cannot take Denver off the hook once you decide. I mean, what did Denver used to be known as? How did you envision Denver before you actually came here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Like it used to be, right, and I it was thirty years ago, might maybe much more like Billings, Montana was, And that's what I was described like.
Speaker 7: It'd be like a bigger version of Billings where I had worked before.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, well, that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Envisioned it as a city of great use and health, and Colorado was known as the state of health, and now it's known as the state of drugs, and Denver's known as the drug capital of the world.
Speaker 3: I remember as a.
Speaker 1: Little kid and walking to the basement and my dad on this little TV is watching a game and it says mile high stadium, And I pictured this stadium literally, you know, straight up at the top of a mile, you know, and then it's a mile drop off.
Speaker 2: On either side.
Speaker 1: I was young then, but you always picture Denver as healthy and all about health, and then the left decided to make it all about drugs, and then the mall started going downhill. But they don't want to admit that. They say, oh no, no, not all these spaces around the country are plagued like this.
Speaker 3: Not true.
Speaker 4: Then you layer on vacant storefronts, long term construction, some high profile crimes, and a political narrative that cities are to be feared political narrative.
Speaker 1: So the reason people aren't going down there is not because they are to be feared because of lefty policies, which mean any sane person would fear them. I bet the family of the flight attendant or throat slit noon on the mall when she's just down there shopping wish that they.
Speaker 3: Had feared it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, but it's really conservatives misleading people. And think of that worldview of this report, that people are dumb sheep who can't figure out for themselves what's safe and what's not.
Speaker 4: As construction finally wraps up, our Mark Salinger looks at Denver's next challenge, convincing people to come back to the Sixteenth Street mall.
Speaker 8: After spending one hundred and seventy five million dollars on construction on the sixteenth Street mall. The concern now is making sure people actually come back to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: The experience today is not the ultimate experience that we want on sixteenth, and we need to do a lot to change that perception.
Speaker 8: The price tag for new art activities and marketing was set at one point nine million dollars today in Denver City Council money the Johnson Administration and the Downtown Denver Partnership argue.
Speaker 3: Is vital to mat I'm sure if people return to a.
Speaker 8: Street that's been filled with fences and hard hats for years, how.
Speaker 1: Do we bring drug caller to the spaces that just feel like someone's taking care of it.
Speaker 8: The nearly two million dollars would go towards trying to get people to visit downtown again. It would fund events like live music and street markets. It would pay for security to make people feel safe in an area that's seen several high profile crimes recently, and it would allocate money for art to cover up empty storefronts where businesses have moved out.
Speaker 3: This is part of.
Speaker 6: High profile crimes like al Capone or what are we talking about here. It's a high profile crime.
Speaker 3: This is just part of covering up for the left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh, the stabbing spree, right, the flight attendant with the throat slit, and then even though the city.
Speaker 3: Knew about this, they didn't put up this five of our morning to the public. So you know, a guy gets stabbed and killed the next day.
Speaker 1: No, it's not about a couple of high profile crimes. It's about policies of the left, pro drug, pro criminal policies that have made this a place people don't want to go.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry I up two million bucks with that.
Speaker 1: You could put fIF fifty million bucks worth of art and guess what people are going to see? What's your favorite artwork? Ryan ever? Not like the Rocky statue?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really, that's my favorite.
Speaker 9: Statue of liberty. Maybe be another way, Yeah, Mona Lisa Okay, okay, you could put the.
Speaker 2: Mona Lisa on the sixteen Street mall.
Speaker 3: Sure right now.
Speaker 1: Maybe if it heavy, heavy security, you get people to go down there for a little bit. But what people are going to see is they're going to see the zombies. They're going to see the zombies, right, like the zombie who who slashed that flight attendant's throat and killed all those others. They're going to see all these zombies who at one time were healthy, little kids, and they were people with the future, and they've been made zombies by drugs.
Speaker 3: They've been made zombies by alcohol.
Speaker 1: You throw in mental illness, and then policies of the left that protect criminals. Even with the Mona Lisa down there, that's what people are going to see because guess what, the Mona Lisa ain't worth dying for.
Speaker 2: Broader strategy for downtown. Council members had concerns.
Speaker 3: Just it pains me to see what it currently is.
Speaker 8: And serious questions about how to move forward from the challenges that the area has faced since the construction started.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter how you make something, if it still brings up memories for people, we're never going.
Speaker 3: To break through that.
Speaker 8: Downtown Denver has seen a thirty five percent decrease in property and sales tax revenue since the beginning of the pandemic that'scrossed the city forty pandemic.
Speaker 1: Go back to legalization in marijuana, Go back to every important stat in Colorado starting with the legalization of marijuana.
Speaker 2: And what do you see, more bad stuff less good stuff. I've million dollars. Vacant dark retail space is not good for anyone.
Speaker 8: The money has already been spent on construction. Now the city needs to convince people to come back.
Speaker 1: This is about how do we really make the most of this infrastructure investment by being able to show how is there no discussion whatsoever is piece about drugs and about legalization of drugs.
Speaker 3: And about all of these drug.
Speaker 1: Addicted people particularly, And they're all said cases my heart breaks from true. But when you've just had fourteen very prominent restaurant tours who have walked the talk, put their heart, their soul, their money into their restaurants down there, and they're saying, mister Mayor, it's falling apart.
Speaker 2: You're making it worse.
Speaker 1: You know, people aren't going to come down here and watch somebody defecate in the street outside the restaurant. And it all goes back to these pro drug, pro crime policies.
Speaker 6: Clean it up and clear it out. That's the answer. I mean, there's about all these ancillary issues and that the construction.
Speaker 9: And people don't want to come down because the businesses aren't there the tax revenues.
Speaker 5: Now, why are all those things happening It's exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: And they will never change. The Left will never change those policies. So where does it end? I would love your take, what is the fix? Where does it end? Because we aren't darkess cursors were candle lighters three or three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 3: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: BOMBI yeah, and please I don't. I hope nobody ever thinks when I talk about the reality of downtown Tenver now and just so many people who act like zombies, that I'm ever making fun of any of.
Speaker 2: Those people or denigrating them or anything.
Speaker 3: Not at all.
Speaker 1: My heart breaks for all of them. And you know I said thereby but for the grace of God go I.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing.
Speaker 1: And and because no matter how strong willed the person is or anything else, you talk about the the you know, you talk about this Krakawana or so now you talk about other drugs, talk about this fent, and all the Left is let pour into the country. I mean that stuff can can grab and ruin the strongest willed person in a heartbeat. So this human disaster. You see in downtown Denver, you see eating away at downtown Denver. Look at what the restaurant tours wrote, you know, to Johnston. Mike Johnson very critical of him, saying it's all falling apart.
Speaker 2: No, I'm never ever.
Speaker 1: Doing anything other than being sad and respectful and praying for you know, the people in that situation. What drives me crazy are these lefties who pass all these policies because they have their own political motives and they know it's going to wreak this kind of human devastation, but they don't care at all about these people as long as it furthers their political ends. And so that the perfect example of that is now that you have a six Streen Street mall, it ain't coming back until they do away with these pro drug, pro crime lefty policies. The mall isn't going to come back. You know, you can put Mona Lisa down there. I've seen Mona Lisa. I'm glad I saw Mona Lisa, but she ain't worth dying for. So you can do anything you want to. It ain't coming back until they change those policies. But then you get these stories that try to blame it on the right for saying there's crime in the cities.
Speaker 2: No people can figure that out. So what is the fix?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What is the fix?
Speaker 1: Three h three someone three eight two five five The number takes d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: I'm giving you mine.
Speaker 1: They've got to and this doesn't take any rocket science or archaeologist or anything like that. You go back and look at when it was better than this. Oh when was that, well before you legalize drugs and put all these pro criminal laws in Yeah, right, yes, so yeah, So what do you think the fix is?
Speaker 2: D A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 1: Dan, you should contact Google and why the Dame Kaplis show does not come up?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 1: It comes up as Kaplin kp l I N. The Google is smarter than that. You're a fighter. Don't stand for this. I will not stand for this another minute. So no, we would thank you. Thank you for that heads up, Chexter, really do appreciate that.
Speaker 9: I just googled it and the first thing comes up is Dan Kaplis. Okay, high heart, it's at the top of the bab.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's progress. They've listened to our Texter.
Speaker 1: Dan, I was down in downtown Denver yesterday and saw at least five people shooting up drugs right there in the middle of the park. There's no way I'd bring my family down there. And I was thinking, how sad it is. I mentioned it Tamy the other day. We used to go down to the mall. We used to go down to the mall, like before all of this legalized drug and legalized crime.
Speaker 3: Or you know, pro criminal laws.
Speaker 1: We used to love. We took the kids down there. We'd go Remember they used to have big ESPN zone on the mall.
Speaker 3: I think that's what it called.
Speaker 1: We go there and we get a pizza in we'd you know, play some of their arcade games. Yeah, you can drag me down there right now. I mean every now and there I have to go down there for a case.
Speaker 6: I love the.
Speaker 1: Courthouse down there by the way, But every now and then I got a meeting on the mall or something.
Speaker 2: I just absolutely dreaded Dan.
Speaker 1: Denver's trying to put lipstick on a pig and make you think all is well in downtown that from Alexa. There ain't enough lipstick in all of America for that one.
Speaker 2: So why do you think they keep doing this?
Speaker 1: They just keep pouring millions and millions and millions into redoing this and that, and then the people don't come, and they keep doing more of it. They denial is not just a river in Egypt, right. I mean, they will not admit what is at the heart of all this, Dan. They're all thriving pertaining tom al like areas, except the ones run over by crime, like Santa Monica Promenade. Oh, that is so true in Santa Monica, you know. And again it just comes back to those lefty policies. So, Dan, While I regret my vote for the legalization of recreational marijuana in Colorado, mostly because I believe it put a destination target on Colorado for stoners from around the country and many of the issues that accompany them, I would still consider voting for national legalization.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear the rationale behind that, because I to say that aside. I also believe that while marijuana may contribute to suicide rates teen and others, and then it gets into much bigger issues. Whoa wait a second, shouldn't that be the end of the conversation. I mean, once the society acknowledges and people in Colorado just don't know it right now, right because much, not all, much of the media buries these marijuana horror stories because I mean, I think the media has a vested interest in getting that cash someday. But that aside, and much of the media right is just affiliated with the left that wants more drugs, wants more stoners because then they're more dependent on government and they vote left. But once the people of the state of Colorado would tell me, if you agree with this premise, ride, if every voting Colorado now for a fact that teen suicide has dramatically increased his legalization of marijuana and almost half the kids who kill themselves in marijuana in their system, what do you think the vote would be to repeal Amendments six four if every.
Speaker 9: Voter knew that, if they knew that and were informed, then yeah, I mean, that would be overwhelming sixty forty, Elisa.
Speaker 1: People are good in Colorado. Vast majority of people are good. I don't care what party they're with. And if they knew that fact, yeah, people would say that's too high a price to pay. That is too high a price to pay, and there are a lot more prices than that. So three or three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. We have another candidate for GOP chair coming up right, Darcy Shanning's going to join us at five thirty six yep.
Speaker 6: And she just appeared with Kyle Clark online next.
Speaker 1: And the reason that we keep doing these hits with GOP chair candidates is I think it's really really important to saving the state that we elect Republicans to these big state wide offices, and that's not going to happen without a healthy Colorado or GOP.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's some math out there.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with, Ryan, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't see how a Republican candidate wins statewide without a unified GOP in Colorado and a unified GOP electorate.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: If somebody's wearing some new math, hey turn me on to it. But I think that's what it's gonna take. So that's why I think this party chair race is so important, and so that's why we keep popping these candidates on. And I thought the last interview was absolutely fascinating and hopefully you'll tune into that.
Speaker 2: Uh one of the something else I want.
Speaker 1: To discuss here, some else I want to dis Guy and I know it's not local, but it is so important, and it's local in that sense, right, affects all of us. I don't have time to play this hit right now. But John Bolton, who has sat here in studio with me when he was the US Ambassador to the United Nations, and John Bolton coming out and seeing this ceasefire is bad for Ukraine.
Speaker 2: What in the world's the alternative.
Speaker 3: Trump's just say? See.
Speaker 1: I think John Bolton hates Trump so much right now that's getting in the way of his thinking. And it's a person think between John Bolton and Trump. Trump's just trying to stop the bloodshed. It's Europe that abandoned Ukraine and allowed evil Putin.
Speaker 3: To gain territory.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna tell Ukraine to just keep fighting and dying. You're on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 11: Like current up Chairman Williams, like President Trump, use name calling as a political strategy, right. I mean, you've called former President Joe Biden a pedophile. You've called the mayor pro tem of monumental terrorists, You've called the governor communist, You've called the Attorney general communists, You've called me a communist, which is fine because we get along. But why is name calling a winning political strategy in this state?
Speaker 12: You know, I don't think it's always I don't think it's always correct. It's not always a winning strategy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it is.
Speaker 10: Sometimes it helps us because you know, you've got.
Speaker 12: That you get that attention online, you get that media around you, and that, by and large a lot of the time is what affects Shange.
Speaker 2: That's Darcy Shine.
Speaker 1: In our next guest with Kyle Clark, Darcy of course running for GOP chair.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Darcy. How you doing.
Speaker 10: I'm good. How are you? Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Dan, Oh, my pleasure anytime. How goes the battle?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 10: I'm having so much fun. So just going out seeing everybody and you know, getting in the media and I'm enjoying interacting with everybody. It's been great.
Speaker 2: It looks like you're having fun.
Speaker 1: And I mean your decision to go on with Kyle Clark, I think that's great. I mean, that's the difference right between the right and left. You know, it's left scared of its own shadow. You know, it won't come on a show like this or anything else. And conservatives, Eh, you want to talk, let's sit down.
Speaker 2: If it's a fair fight, we'll win exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, No, it was so much fun. When he was originally texting me about the Tina Peters comments that I had made on Jeff and Bill. You know that I called on Pam Bonny to look into the judge and so then he said, Hey, I'm going to have everybody on. Do you want to come on? And I was like, yeah, I do, and I want.
Speaker 1: To take that spot too, And so tell everybody what at this point the election is, when, and how's it shaping up?
Speaker 2: And above all, I think everybody agrees, right, you have to.
Speaker 1: Have a unified GOP to have a chance to win the state wide races, and how do you get it there?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So the election is March twenty ninth, and that is nine o'clock in the morning. It's a hybrid online and then in the spring. I can't remember the exact location, they just I think figured out the location because it was moved from Castrock, but we'll post that it actually posted everywhere anyways. So yeah, unified DOP. I mean, listen, like I've said in the past, we're never nobody's ever going to be totally unified. But I've been working really hard to build an infrastructure and build fundraising already that we can be proud of. So about going into the twenty twenty five school board races with my Build our Benches initiative, We're able to have momentum, donor confidence, volunteer confidence. We're going to launch SUD into twenty two twenty six and take back state seats and can We're going to We're building something so I believe candidates and elected officials and volunteers and activists and everyday voters can be proud of. And that's what I'm most proud of right now. That's why I'm having so much fun going around seeing everybody at the meetings, because I mean, I just can't imagine doing anything else right now. This is like this is we have to build something that we can take Colorado back with.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm glad you used that Prouder phrase because I really do think it's important that you know, and you're right, Listen, you're never going to have short of heaven. You're never going to have pertinent, perfect unity or coherence. But I think you got to get the color or gop to the point right where where the vast majority of Republicans, at least in the state are proud of the Colorado GOP because I don't with the maths, I don't know how any of our candidates win statewide without a roll bust, you know, lovel of support from Republican.
Speaker 10: Voters exactly exactly, And that's why we have to have, Like I said, when I stay building, I mean everything from our g O TV efforts, our outreach, our Hispanic outreach, our black outreach, going into the high schools, capturing the young Republicans. I mean, it's everything. It's having on point data and right now we just we don't have any of those things. So that's what I want to work really hard to build to that. You know, whether I am eventually taken out one day or get hit by a bus or whatever, that when I'm not share anymore, the GP can look back and say, you know what, like she lest it better than she found it, and I say the same thing about the state of Colorado in our country. That's that's our duty.
Speaker 13: That's what we do as leaders, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what we're put on the planet for, right So yeah, how can people learn more about you.
Speaker 10: So you can go to my website Rcy for chair. That's THEA r C y f O rshare dot com. Twitter is Darcy and then the number four CEO. But if you just start typing my name and Google like Darcy sc h O E M I n G, I come right up because I have such an uncommon name. And listen, you guys have heard me for a month and a half now talk about my platform. But it's not all about me. Everyone is welcome in my Colorado gup, our Colorado gup. So I want to sit down and talk to you, have a phone call, you know, go out to coffee, whatever it may be. So send me a text and we'll get together. And I want to hear everyone's vision for our state.
Speaker 1: You are the energizer, Darcy. There is no doubt about that. So yeah, yeah, no, Well.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the time.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Dan, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Have a good night, sure saying you too.
Speaker 1: That is at Darcy Shanan And now it's great to have these chair candidates on because it's really really going to matter, right if the GP is going to have a.
Speaker 2: Chance, and it should have a chance. The way these things are shaping up, it should have a chance. Wow, if you just joined us.
Speaker 1: Thank you nice to have it so light out and warm and sunny this time of night. It just makes everything better, doesn't it. Hey, let me get to this. This is Representative Keith's self and he's the Republican.
Speaker 2: Committee chair.
Speaker 1: I believe when he introduces this Representative Sarah McBride is mister McBride, and everything goes crazy. And what would you have done if you were chair? How do you think this situation should be handled? When you have a male who is identifying as female and wants to be referred to as a woman, and it's in a congressional setting like this, how do you think it should be handled?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Or three? Someone three eight two five five takes d an five seven.
Speaker 11: Seven three Now Hena's the representative from Delaware, mister McBride, Thank.
Speaker 12: You, madam, Chair ranking Member Keating also wonderful Chairman.
Speaker 3: Could you repeat your instruction again, please?
Speaker 9: Yes, we have set the standard on the floor of the House, and I'm simply what.
Speaker 3: Is that standard? Mister chairman? Would you repeat what you just said?
Speaker 1: You introduced a duly elected representative from the United States of America, Please, I will Does the fact that the individual is a duly elected congressperson change biology?
Speaker 2: Does it change science? Right now?
Speaker 1: I think there's a solution here and I want to get to it. But is that the suggestion from this democrat here that because somebody rises to a certain rank of power, you have to lie about what their gender is?
Speaker 2: The representative from Delaware mister mcbriene.
Speaker 3: Mister chairman, you are out of order. That's a shaman. Have you no decency?
Speaker 2: The original I mean, I have come to know you a little bit, but this is not decent.
Speaker 3: We will continue this. You will not continue it with me.
Speaker 2: Unless you introduce a duly elected.
Speaker 6: Representative the right way.
Speaker 2: The right way.
Speaker 3: This hearing is adjourned.
Speaker 1: It's obviously just childishness because you couldn't describe. But what is the right way? Listen, don't you avoid this whole thing by first? You can't lie, right. I'm never going to say any committee chair or anybody else should ever ever ever be required to lie and say that east is west, or north is south, or black is white or anything like that. So nobody should ever be forced to lie and say that man's a woman or that woman's a man. No, this is America. You can't force somebody to do that. Now, don't you just avoid all of that or just avoid the gender reference. Just you can use the name.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything wrong with you in the name, but you can't require people to lie. And that's to me Ryan, that that's what's.
Speaker 1: Behind ninety nine percent of this transcendity from the left, because the trans people I know, Like, how many trans people.
Speaker 3: Do you know? Personally? Four or five more than I do.
Speaker 2: But but the trans people I know every single good people.
Speaker 3: They just want to live their life.
Speaker 1: They they're not looking to change our politics or change.
Speaker 2: The world or anything like that. I think what's happened here.
Speaker 1: Is is you've got these lefties who have seized on this issue so they can establish the precedent that's necessary for the left win, which is that that people are at through this issue willing to say things they are they know are not true in order to avoid being canceled, in order to avoid the different penalties the left wants to win fly. I think the left has seized on this issue and they're losing it. Thank Heavens. They've seized on this issue to try to force Americans to bend the knee and.
Speaker 2: Be willing to.
Speaker 3: Separate from the way they were.
Speaker 1: Raised as children, separate from their core values, separate from their faith, and be willing to lie, be willing to say things that they know are not true in order to avoid being canceled and otherwise punished. That's why I think the left has seized this issue, and thank god, people have risen up against it. Not against trans people, that's not the point, but that risen up against being forced to say things you are no, we're not true, being forced to say things that are against your faith. People have risen up against that, and it's beautiful to see. And that's why this whole play by the left is crumbling before our eyes.
Speaker 3: You're on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Barado Springs, Colorado. Chris, you're on the Dankaplas Show.
Speaker 13: Welcome, Hey Dan, thanks for having me back on. You know three things that a state party should chair should do is raise money, fine candidates for open seats, and not think you're in charge of anything. Pardon I was just run. I was just out there walking.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they've off the grabber, my friends. But my point is is that they party chairs not in charge of anything. The people who actually get elected to office and receive votes or in charge of the things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Truly, and you know one of the things.
Speaker 1: And you get to a good point, Chris, is the up in Colorado is going to come back. And I think the key is going to be winning that one big statewide race because then that elected official, that senator or governor, becomes the face of the party. And here he you know, right, I mean that they become the de facto leader of the party, no matter how good your GOP chair is.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: That person's not getting elected statewide unless you've got a really well functioning Colorado GOP and all the grassroots support. Because you and I both know, I'm assuming you know this that it is those grassroots folks working real hard in the trenches all the time, who you know, never show up in the headlines. If you don't have that in place, you're not winning.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Well, you know who's not going to help us win at that, Darcy lady, Because you know I've got texts her from her to me calling me disgusting. She called me something about I took blood money from somebody?
Speaker 3: What's what's behind all this? What's the issue?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 2: What's what's the issue? I mean why she.
Speaker 13: Was Darcy is holy and she doesn't have the state party or any party chair of anything. Yea, he is.
Speaker 3: Basically there's something going.
Speaker 13: On her congressional distort.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that she obviously has a beef with your I was just trying to get a better understanding of what what's underlying that. But but Chris appreciated, Well, it's not just me that she called disgusting and part of the Pueblo mafia whatever that is.
Speaker 13: But she's called a number of other people these sort of things. And she's wholly she's wholly unqual unqualified. But she doesn't have the temper in charge you can, I mean, you know, I mean, she's think leader from the edge of the counting telling me that I'm disgusting and that I've taken bloody What kind of party leader is that?
Speaker 2: What's behind the blood money thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 13: You have to ask her.
Speaker 2: Okay, well yeah, but I wasn't aware of this. So the next thing, know, yeah.
Speaker 13: Next thing you know is I go to I go to a U a debate between uh her uh pray Williams and that way. You start screaming at me, Well, it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like there's something between you two. Can you educate us on that? What's what's the underlying beat?
Speaker 13: But she starts screaming to me at such an extent that the police had to come over and separate her.
Speaker 2: Okay, Chris, I would love to eat.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to shut you down.
Speaker 1: I just want to know what's underlying this is anybody listening once to know, and if you're willing to tell me, great, If you're not, I respect that, But otherwise we don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 13: What's underlying is that? I mean, you don't have to ask her?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you're telling me you've never met her before. Boss, You have no idea who she has, no idea what she's talking about, So we have to ask her.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, then what is it?
Speaker 2: What's what's underlying all this?
Speaker 13: What's the youn't have to ask her?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, my friend.
Speaker 3: It's grateful for the call, but we are.
Speaker 1: Getting a little circular because I've got to ask the questions that people in the car would be asking, and they want to know what the beef is so they can weigh this and evaluate it. Chris, welcome to give us a call back text or Dan. Can the GOP win without being more libertarian than conservative Christian? The latter is a turn off to a good chunk of the middle and wants government out of personal lives and decisions.
Speaker 3: Boy, I'd love to have.
Speaker 1: That conversation, Texter, because my belief is this that if Colorado's vote their faith, and that doesn't mean Catholic voting for Catholic or anything like that, but if they vote for candidates who who are going to act consistent with the core principles of one's faith, that's how the GOP wins for the Democrats to win in Colorado right now, And I think Polis has implicitly acknowledged it that the Democrats have to separate voters from their faith. So I don't think the GOP should be striving to move away from people of faith or people voting their faith. I think the GOP should be trying to convince everybody in the state, no matter what party they're in, no matter what faith they have, Hey, if you vote your faith, which you really should, right if it's really your faith, you can't vote for the left, but they were left ended on that note.