Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on WBZY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome on and everybody, thank you Nicole very much, as we start a Wednesday night edition four hours. Will take you all the way until midnight, keep you up to date on a whole bunch of different items. And I thank you all for listening, and I thank all of you, particularly those of you who take the time to call. My name is Dan Reyes Nicole indicated on the host of Nightside, heard every Monday through Friday night from eight till midnight right here on w BZ, Boston's news radio. So let's get right to our Nightside News Update hour. And I am delighted to welcome the program director of Film Programming and Education at the Coolidge Corner Theater, which of course is a jewel in the great Boston area, actually in Brookline, Mark Anastasio. Mark Anastasio, Welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 3: Thank you Dan.
Speaker 2: You know Mark, you folks. We have a program upcoming or ongoing entitled Cinema in seventy millimeter. I worked in television a long time and I know what thirty five millimeter is, So you're going to have to educate me on I'm assuming seventy milimeters twice twice as good.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely right. Seventy millimeter film is physically twice as large as a thirty five millimeter print, So you're starting with that much larger of an image that's passing through the projector gate and in front of that beam of light, which makes for a much more high resolution image hitting the screen. So colors and textures are that much bolder and brighter from a seventy milimeter print. And we've put together an entire month of seventy milimeter films throughout September for our audiences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at this list of films which I want to get to. But you start off with a film I don't know when it was shot, but it's Paul Thomas Anderson's striking portrait of Drifters and Seekers in post World War Two in America screening in seventy millimeter? Is the name of the film, the master in seventy millimeter or is that just a character?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, that's yeah, that's just we added the extra in seventy millimeters just to let folks know the format it was swinging.
Speaker 2: But when was this film? This starts Friday Night. When was this film shot? Was this shot in the wake of World War Two?
Speaker 3: Or is it a no, The Masters a newer film, Dan it was. It's all about in the last ten years that that film came out. So this is a this is a modern film that was shot in the seventy millimeter format by director Paul Thomas Anderson. So that's and that's the beauty of this program in that we're showcasing films, you know, from from fifty years ago and more that were shot when seventy millimeter was sort of at the height of its popularity, with films like Lawrence of Arabia and Spartacus. But then we're showing films from you know, the the twenty tens, like like The Master, that are more modern films, and you have these au tour directors like Paul Thomas Anderson and Quentin Tarantino and Christopher Nolan who have shot movies in this format in the modern age, and those films were released in seventy milimeter in first run theatrically, so we were we were fortunate to play The Master when it when it first came out. You notice that I'm avoiding the question of what you're exactly that was because I.
Speaker 2: Remember what I'm saying is the title of the film is The Masters. Okay, correct, that's now now that that's clarified, So that is a film. Again, my my deep knowledge of film doesn't go much past I don't know a league of their own.
Speaker 3: And that's great. I mean, well you then you'll have to you'll have to come out to see The Master in this format. It's it's a gorgeous it's a gorgeous film. It starts Joaquin Phoenix and the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman. This is the film that was sort of this is this is sort of the l Ron Hubbard story.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's the story of a of a man. And maybe I shouldn't actually say that, Maybe there's legal reasons why I shouldn't make that comparison, but uh, but this is the story of a man who sort of has a cult that gets built up around him and he develops this following and uh Joaquin Phoenix plays one of Philip Seymour Hoffman's followers, a lost individual following the war who gets brought into this flock. And it's it's quite an amazing story with some fine performances. Yeah, and it looks amazing.
Speaker 2: I just I'm just looking at the one sentence. I'd never heard of this particular film, but there's a lot of films I even heard of. It's at Paul Thomas Anderson's striking portrait a Drifters and Seekers in post World War two America. Really interesting. Now some of the other films that's beginning this Friday through Tuesday. You have from Saturday the.
Speaker 3: First, yeah, right, the first Friday in September.
Speaker 2: Right, right, And then you have two thousand and one Space Odyssey, which I think most people are aware of, and that's from Saturday the seventh. So you have some films that are playing at the same time, meaning in other words, I assume at one time during the day, and this one is kind of overlapping with the master You also have those who like to Laugh Airport on Sunday, eight September, Vertigo, which was at Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece nine to thirteen to nine seventeen. Once upon a Time in Hollywood. That's a very popular films. Quentin Tarantino September fourteenth through the eighteenth. So it looks like most of these play for four or five days. But then you have the Lawrence of Arabia that is only available on Sunday the fifteenth, sparing this.
Speaker 3: That's right, You're go ahead, no the screen. There are some screenings that are just sort of booked as Sunday matinees, and Lawrence of Arabia is one of them. I mean, due to the sheer length of that film that kind of benefits it to start it earlier.
Speaker 1: In the day.
Speaker 3: I think Airport is also playing once on the Sunday afternoon. And then we've got this really rare archival print of The Sound of Music, which will also be one of the Sunday screenings, which is going to be absolutely gorgeous on the large main screen at the Coolidge in seventy milimeter.
Speaker 2: So have you folks ever done anything like this before? Is this a first? You know, I'm sure you've shown seventy milimeters films before, but this is going to be a pretty intense month of September. A tradition or what tell me about it?
Speaker 3: I hope it becomes one. We've we've sporadically run seventy millimeter films in first run over the years, but this is the first time we've had a focused effort, at least in my time there, which has been seventeen years now, where we've yeah, where we've had we've booked. So the way we've booked this is we have three different seventy milimeter prints playing each week those first three weeks of September, for a total of nine films that you can see in this astonishing format. And yeah, we've never we've never done it this way before, but if it's if it's successful, I can see it becoming an annual thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so two questions now, most important. I see that the prices are available on your website, which is simply Coolidge dot org. And that's why the capacity is four hundred and forty seats. So therefore, correct, I guess ticket reservations for some of these films, or perhaps all of them is advised.
Speaker 3: Correct, Oh, very much advised. Yeah, And and the pre sales for this program are considerable, so they've they've been they've been selling very well. So I would suggest that folks grab tickets in advance to ensure that they have a seat at these stones.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the easiest way for them is simply to go to the website Coolidge dot org. And they'll see it over there. They can become a member, need to get a little bit of a break of the ticket price. But I got to tell you it's it's great September. A lot of people there, they're finished with summer, they're back home. The timing couldn't be better, and they're looking for some special entertainment. And this sounds like it's going to be precisely that. Mark Nisteyska. I really enjoyed our conversation, learned a lot more about a film. And as I say, you know, I was on a plane recently and I watched for the i think the second time, the movie Forrest Gump, and it was amazing. I got much more out of it the second time, maybe because I wasn't sitting there with a couple of beers. But all of these films, even though people have seen them before, to go to the Coolidge and see them in seventy millimeters format, I think is going to be extraordinary. Thank you so much for checking us out on this and always keep us in mind when you're looking to get the word out there.
Speaker 3: Okay, we will. Thank you, Dan, I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: You are more than welcome when we get back here. On nights side, we're going to talk about a more serious subject. We are going to talk about mental health, particularly as it deals with adolescent teens they are struggling, and we'll talk with doctor Gregory Zan's I hope I pronounced his name correctly. And also there's a free trauma test which we'll be able to direct you to, which our guests will promote. We'll explain all of that later on tonight, talking to the rising cancer rates and millennials and gen and also a group called the Split Second Foundation, which discusses accessible travel tips and tricks for those living with the disability or medical condition how to find hotels, activities and transportation that are accessible. So we got some good information coming up. And then later on tonight we're going to talk about the ban on cell phones in classrooms. And also we're going to talk with Scott alan Curly, an ex convict who I had on a week or so ago and I was really impressed, and I feel that many of you might like to talk to him tonight as well. So we got a full full deck tonight, and I hope you're ready to join the conversation after the nine o'clock news, Moving back with doctor Gregory Zan's right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Night Side Studios on WBZ the News Radio.
Speaker 2: All Right, my guest is doctor Gregory Jans, Doctor Jans. I'm hoping I pronounced that last name correctly.
Speaker 5: You got me, Jans?
Speaker 2: Gents, all right, perfect, all right, no problem. So research from Harvard University Graduate School of Education has found that it's not adolescent teams that are struggling most with their mental health, but college age young adults. I don't know which if that surprises me a lot or not? Am I should I be surprised by that?
Speaker 5: Probably not. It's almost predictable. We came through this pandemic of sorts and our kids in this age range.
Speaker 2: It was a big, doctor Jens, it was a big, big pandemic. I think.
Speaker 5: That LEDs exactly. And we are seeing now really and we're not We're in a mental health epidemic. And this eighteen to twenty five plus age they are suffering. New term that has kind of described this is a foreshortened future. They don't see hope for their future. Nothing's getting better. The apathy in this age group's never been higher. They're apathetic, and if they're apathetic, we're seeing record levels of depression and anxiety.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty dystopian formula that you've just talked to.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, wow now, And if you look even financially, it's like the quite school worth at college worth it and and everything that's been going on. This age group is also going I don't know who to trust, I don't know who to believe, who to trust, and my future doesn't really matter, and there's a diminished value on life, a diminished value on their future. They don't really I'm making some general statements, but dreaming about to their future is not positive.
Speaker 2: So these are young people who probably I'm guessing are gen Zers. They would have been born I'm guessing in the mid nineties, and now are you know, in their mid twenties as you've described them. I guess gen Zs are technically ninety seven in twenty twelve. So obviously some of the gen zs are still you know, they haven't reached teenagers yet, but you have who are twenty seven maybe, and that's kind of the sweet spot here. And is it all to do with the pandemic?
Speaker 5: Not all to do. But we could say it's a perfect storm. It pushed many over the edge. If you were already struggling. Let's say that you had social anxiety and you're already struggling because mental health issues were beginning to emerge in this age group, and you're already struggling. You come through the pandemic. It tilted you all the way over. It was it was too much.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: The word that we're hearing more and more now we work with folks from all over the country who come in for help, and the word that's being used is the word trauma. I've had enough of this. I've been traumatized. Now, trauma can mean a lot of different things to people, but they're saying, I've been traumatized.
Speaker 2: It's enough. I've had a devil's advocate.
Speaker 4: Just for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, course, I know you're going to be able to handle any question I'm asking. But when I think of this group and I think of what they went through as all of us went through the pandemic years, there were a group of people my age, baby Boomers, who went through Vietnam War pretty pretty tough time. There were parents the greatest generation. They dealt with the depression followed by World War Two, there have been some economic crashes. It would seem to me, maybe I'm way off base here, but it would seem to me of some of those traumas Vietnam, World War two, Korea, Great Depression, the Great Recession of eighty seven, that it would seem to me that that this epidemic COVID that we went through, it was probably not as tough as the other ones. Am I way off?
Speaker 5: I don't think you're way off based? But I think what's happened is, you know, and we've seen so much post traumatic stress disorder and I have to tell you, as a treating provider, that's very real. And if you've been traumatized, that is that's something that you certainly it could be suffering from. It's real. Now, we also have a generation that really they don't have good coping skills and they've turned to social media. Social media. Instagram used to be. YouTube was their source of information. They don't Google, They would go to YouTube and you know, now all their information and it's not good. If you're already suffering from depression and you just spent six hours on social media, are you going to feel better?
Speaker 6: Or worse.
Speaker 5: You're gonna feel worse.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I will aways want to make I was driving at that point because it seems to me that that is the element. And they were forced because of the pandemic, because of COVID, the closing of schools. They spent a lot more time at home on social media than even the generation right before them or the generation that today is coming of age.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and then another thing happened. So we got deep into social media, and so we have digital relationships. We kind of kind of digitize the brain in a sense, and so we don't know how to have real relationships. And then something called ghosting emerges. I'm done with you.
Speaker 4: But I don't have to respond to you anymore.
Speaker 5: And so then so the relationship skills that are healthy we don't learn that in social media.
Speaker 2: I wish I had known about ghosting when I was young, because my girlfriends would dump me, wouldn't call me back. And now at least I could say I was being ghosted only kidding. Yes, Okay, so quick quick question here. You actually have a trauma test that people of any and they can go to a place of hope dot com slash Trauma hyphen test I may take that test tomorrow just for the fun of it.
Speaker 5: You know, the trauma test is good. It's a good beginning place, and really simply go to a place of hope. You'll see some different tests. Take the trauma test, uh, and we're going it's totally confidential, and but we're going to send you some information to help you look at it a little deeper, deeper, because we really do believe too many people are suffering too long.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree with you more this also, by the way, a lot of people who are dealing in a factual point of view with long COVID. By the way, one of the things absolutely out of this is complicated because I have friends of mine who are still suffering consequences of COVID after they foll Yeah, doctor Jens, I really enjoyed this conversation. You're a good sport. I hit you with a couple of tough questions and you handle them perfectly. I'm going to go take the trauma test tomorrow and see if I'm okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Hey, good to be with you tonight. You know who to call if you have any concerns.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, I'll call my bookie and see if I can get a hot tip for the weekend and only getting bags, that always makes me feel better. Thanks doctor Jens, thank you. Well. We get back when we talk to even a more serious problem with doctor Rob Fraser. He is a president of a group called Molecular Molecular you tackling the rising cancer rates in millennials and Gen xers, and that's something or really to worry about, not to diminish the trauma. Trust me, I loved that guest, and I loved the fact that I can take this trauma test. I hope everyone will uh again. I'll give that to you one more time so you can find to just go to a place of hope dot com. All one word, a place of hope dot com slash trauma, slash a hyphen test. My name is Dan Ray. We have good guests coming up all night long. Stay with us right here on night Side, and of course you always can if you can, if you know the radio signals a little week or whatever, download the iHeartRadio app. You can get us anytime any place. Iheartrate. It is a great, great resource. Coming back on night side.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are continuing along here on a Wednesday night, and we're going to talk about a really serious problem here, and that is the rising cancer rates amongst millennials and gen xers, with us as doctor Rob Fraser, he is the CSO. I'm not sure what a CSO means, doctor Fraser, but you're the CSO and president of Molecular U. I mean it's chief something officer. What CSO means, sir?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's the most important role. It's the scientific side of it.
Speaker 4: Sum Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Good, that's great. Okay, So, millennials and gen xers, and when we talk millennials, we're talking about people who could be as old as fifty, well not quite fifty, they would be forty five to as young as thirty or so. They were born from nineteen eighty one to nineteen ninety six. Excuse me, strike that gen xers sixty five to eighty My mistake, sixty five to eighty. So we are talking about people who could be fifty anywhere, fifty five to maybe forty four. Millennials a little later, they're the next group nineteen eighty one to nineteen ninety six and gen Z or later than that. So what's going on with this group that all of a sudden they're facing the risk of a higher risk of these seventeen cancers than boomers my generation.
Speaker 4: Who are older.
Speaker 2: You would think that we would be getting hit with some of these cancers more more frequently than millennials and gen xers.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you'd be right to think that, because most cancers are really associated with an aging population, and so this is a very alarming trend, and I don't think we know why yet. I think that what we do know about cancers is that most of it's not inherited, like very few cancers are inherit. Only about five percent of cancers are directly genetic. And then beyond that it's all environmental. And so getting to the causes, those carcinogens as we call them, that are driving the cancers at the early stages that make those changes in the host genetics, our own genetics can be all kinds of respactors. What's interesting about this particular birth cohort, I think is that there does seem to be increased trend in things like obesity, and a number of the cancers that are going up had been associated with obesity. You know, In general, I think tobacco usage has gone down, but a lot of these individuals seem to be associated tobacco alcohol use. And then we've got arising issues with air pollutants, and so those could also be other factors. And the only other one that I think that that is actually interestingly and on the rise is some what we call the microbial dyspiosis. And this is the microbes that live in our in our systems, primarily in our guts, and they generate various metabolites and other factors that get that enter into our bloodstream, and they can heighten our oxidative stress, they can be toxic in their own right, and they can drive inflammation. And those those factors are known to promote those those alternation alterations pardon me, that can interact and cause mutations or or change the way genes are silenced and can drive what's required for those first early steps in cancer.
Speaker 2: Okay, one question that seems that seems obvious to me. Is this a trend that is affecting populations in other countries around the world or in other areas of the world, or is this one at this point that is endemic to the United States.
Speaker 6: Well, this this study was done in the US, so, and I think that's where the best data is coming from. I think they've started to sample now in Europe and expand the study. But yeah, this seems to be this is generated by the ACS, so it's most of this data is coming from the US, and I think that's probably where a lot of the best data is available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so has there been any even I don't know, sporadic conversation and other other industrialized countries France, England, Germany with have seen a pickup amongst some of these cancers, amongst people who would be you know, have been born in the years from nineteen sixty five to nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 6: It's a great question.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen anything in the literature where they've looked at the age cohort as an increase. But I think, you know, what we're what we're seeing is is that that covert probably because of the lifestyles that we've adopted. You're much more computer you know, we work so much, so much someone our screen very exactly, and so that leads to the other issues and then a maybe I actually, you know, I was surprised by the results of you know, the smoking still being a big driver, but you know that probably still exists in other parts of the world and might even going up in certain parts of the world where we're really not curbing it back with smoking.
Speaker 2: So Asian countries particularly in that in that area.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, So.
Speaker 2: What can people, in your opinion do, at whatever age, but particularly people who are in this uh, this cohort of millennials and gen xers, what can they do from the behavioral point of view to diminish the chances that they're going to become one of these one of these victims.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, there's a few things. I mean, one of the things we can obviously do is tackle some of the sedentary behaviors and changing in diets and high highly processed foods can can contribute the the The absolute causal carcinogens have not been identified yet and so that's going to take some time to figure out. In the interim, we actually offer a pretty interesting solution where we were recently able to identify pancreatic cancer at the earliest stage in one of our clients who had been monitored over several years. So we had reperform what we call a multiomic analysis. We look at blood proteins and blood metabolites, and these proteins and metabolites are often they're they're perturbed if you like, or the values go out of range during the development of cancers because the cancers themselves, in order to the cells in order to survive, have to produce certain proteins have to change express these things they get into the blood, but they also change their metabolism, so they become exceedingly hunger hungry, and so they start to take energy from all parts of the cell that they normally wouldn't and they generate these strange metabolites that we measure, and so when we see those on the rise, we can detect cancers, many cancers at their earliest stages, and that allows for an earlier intervention, earlier detection, earlier intervention, and most often a better outcome.
Speaker 2: You mentioned I missed the adjective that you use. When I asked you what people could do. You said something about some type of foods, and I just missed the calimization.
Speaker 6: We have food to be avoided, the processed foods. Process fo. Yeah, we're part of my part of my Canadian accents, not.
Speaker 2: A probably, I haven't heard you say a yet. So I didn't know you were a Canadian, okay, or organization anyway. So processed food by that you mean a lot of the high callery, high calorie suites and things like that, I assume.
Speaker 6: But yeah, the high caloric content suite food, but all the.
Speaker 2: Stuff people like chips, pretzels and stuff like that, right, yeah, yeah, Well, look, thank you for the work you do, doctor Fraser. I truly mean that you were doing God's work here. Is there a place that you could send people to who maybe they get some more I see that that the article on millennials and gen X is facing higher risk of seventeen cancers than boomers is in Science Alert. Is that where people should best go? Or is there a website do you want to send people to?
Speaker 6: Well, they can certainly check out our website. It's like at U dot com to learn more about what we do. But we're coming down into the US and we'll be available to Americans in general in the new year. So that's our target right now. But we're yeah, we're it's a you know, something that we're operating through practitioners to begin with. We want people to have you know, cancer is not something that you typically want to learn on your own, so it's good to be there with a practitioner. We can also help with chronic diseases that can be increase the risk of serious conditions like cancer, and so we can help people manage those and avoid those early on, including serious diseases like Alzhemer's disease. So yeah, we're pretty excited by the technology and how we can use it in a more general way to prevent people from becoming sick with these very extensive and just devisitating diseases.
Speaker 2: Thank you again, doctor, I do appreciate your time and we'll look forward to having you back. Doctor Rob Fraser of Molecular You. Thanks again. Doctor. We'll talk again, I hope.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Dan Sure coming up there.
Speaker 2: There's a foundation called Split Second Foundation, and it's gonna help people who may have disabilities with medical conditions how to find hotels, activities and transportation that are accessible. We're gonna be talking with Mark Raymond Jr. A tourism expert and founder of Split Second Foundation right after this quick break on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we are wrapping up our Nightside News Update Hour, and we're about to speak with Mark Raymond Junior. He's a tourism expert and founder of Split Second Foundation. Mark tell us about the Split Second Foundation. What do you do and who do you serve?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 7: Split Second Foundation was founded to really uplift the our aging and disabled communities by providing services like fitness and yoga, mental health, case management, and resource navigation to make sure everybody in our community is getting everything that they need. And what really came from that was a lot of conversations about how hard it is to travel and to go visit family or you know, just go anywhere.
Speaker 4: And so we really started to dig into.
Speaker 7: That work to share information and effort to make that better.
Speaker 2: And how long has the foundation been around? Is this a new development or has it been around for a while.
Speaker 4: We've been around for six years.
Speaker 7: We're now scaling into a nationwide organization. It just takes time, you know, Dan, I get to talk to amazing people like you all the way in Boston. I'm in New Orleans. How about that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not surprised you do not sound like your accent is from South Boston. I think it might have been a little for yourself in South Boston. But I love New Orleans. It's a great city and a really fun city. Every once in a while you get some one of those storms coming up from the golf though, and we're always concerned about that. So so give me the example of what you're able to do for someone who may have a medical condition or disability and wants to travel. And obviously it's a little more complicated for someone in this day and age, particularly at airports. Anyone who's been in recently knows exactly what I'm talking about. Tell us what you're able to do to help them.
Speaker 7: So the foundation is focused on, like the advocacy work related to how people with disabilities are moving through the airport, what's TSA's training, you know, stuff like that. But in terms of direct the biggest thing is sharing information, right like, so people know what to expect. One of the things that I worked on with our destination marketing group New Orleans and Company was putting together a series of videos basically showing, you know, the people with disabilities traveling kind of what to expect when they landed, how what transportation looked like, how they can get around, things that they can do and really enjoy all the way down to like hotels that are just really doing it well. And that's something that I.
Speaker 4: Think we want to also scale and bring nationwide. And there's a lot of groups that are kind of focusing on, like the disabled tourists and figuring out how we can capture that customer. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just came back from Italy with a group of listeners to my program, some of whom were a little older, and it was really warm all over their ninety degrees every day and a couple of days over one hundred. But everybody did really well. We stayed together as a group, we sort of moved as a group and didn't lose anybody along the way. But the idea of traveling and people who are either older or disabled, it's tough. It's tough to travel these days because no matter what airport you fly in into or out of, the gates are never close. You get off at gate E one and you have to go to another terminal and get a thirty five. It can take an hour, I mean sometimes, which is and I don't know that the airlines, particularly the bigger airports, have taken that in consideration for any traveler, never mind a travel who might be dealing with a bit of a disability. Are there airlines or airports that you folks have information on which help people with, you know, with their travel, you know, particularly some of the huge airports. I think of O'Hare and I think of Atlanta, which they're tough to navigate just because of their size. Is there, right, do you have recommendations for people as to maybe what if are their airlines that are more sensitive and more helpful or can you not even do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So, actually, what my recommendation for everybody is when you book your ticket, especially if you have like a physical disability. So for me, I have a power wheelchair and that's how I get around.
Speaker 4: I'm always calling.
Speaker 7: The airline to tell them I have that and to tell them I need the eighty eight guide to get me through TSA and get me all the way.
Speaker 4: To the gate.
Speaker 7: Now let's just say, yeah, let's just say with someone elderly, you know, maybe they could still walk, but they can't walk to your point across O'Hare's airport, they can also let the airline know and they'll get the same ADA service and guide them all the way through the airport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see, I see the little carts that drive the drive with the little lights and the beef and the beefing horns, and so so where can people get that in from? I'm assuming they can go to the Split Second Foundation website? Is that? Am I making them? So?
Speaker 7: For that specific information that's actually on at whatever airline there are, you can go to split Second Foundation.
Speaker 4: Dot org go to a re page. We do have some information related to travel good. I don't know that it's that in depth yet, but certainly something to aspire to have.
Speaker 2: Well, it would be great if all of that could be phone numbers of airlines and if there are special numbers, if you guys could develop that. I have a lot of just throwing something, right, is that you?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Well, you know I'm one to listen to good ideas when I hear them, and I'm gonna tell my team we got a new project to take on.
Speaker 2: All right, Mark, thanks, thank you so much as the Split Second Foundation dot org appreciate it very much. We'll have you back. We'll check in every once in a while.
Speaker 4: Fair enough, Yeah, please, and thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Thanks so much. All right, we get back. We're going to talk about a couple of the important issues. The first one is the presence of cell phones, the omnipresence of cell phones in classrooms. And we're going to talk with a professor from Johns Hopkins, Dr Marty Mockery Mockery about what should or should not be done. He says they must be banned in schools, and I tend to agree with them, but we'll see what you have to say as well. Back on Night's side after the nine