Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 2: It's time now for our community connection right here on Kay one Bill one you trust. It is eight thirty two in our program today being brought to you by Getreel Ministries, Wesley and Kitty College, Arnold Moore and Knee Camp Funeral Home and Tall Grass Motors. And we have our folks from Cornerstone in here today. First of all, I'm going to refer to Todale here because Dale and I spoke last time.
Speaker 1: How are you doing, young man? I'm doing great well. You brought friends today, didn't you.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I brought the real deal today. Bring us up to speed. Who we got in here, and it is the ladies. This is Heather Deal on the closest to you.
Speaker 4: She is the director at Cornerstone, has been for several years. This is Emily Call who is new to our staff but is doing amazing things for us in the community and with some administration and marketing aspects of what we're doing. And it's been great to be able to meet with them through the summer and get the staying down the road.
Speaker 1: Well, let's start things up. We got school starting knowing Yeah, next week, next week exactly what day we're going to go on Monday Tuesday. There you go. You got to start off right with.
Speaker 5: A two weeks and Thursday.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. That's because you have a different schedule. It's kind of a blended thing.
Speaker 5: Isn't Yes, we have a hybrid model. So we meet Tuesdays and Thursdays on campus. Our teachers instruct and give instruction to our students, and then on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, our students are at home working with their families, their parents.
Speaker 2: Very very good. Now you know this is bringing a lot of excitement in for.
Speaker 1: You, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Absolutely? We're so excited for the school year to start.
Speaker 2: And what are you going to be doing here? You're going to be getting just kind of directions point where to go.
Speaker 3: Aren't you. So part of what I'll be doing is helping the school with some fundraising, and I'll be helping volunteer, getting the parents who are there to help with volunteering for the school, and then also with our leadership program.
Speaker 1: So you are kind of directing a little bit of traffic a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all fun.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, very good. Now what do we have? But coming up this year. Are we doing anything a little bit different?
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 5: We are having a leadership program for students in high school ninth through twelfth grades, not just for the students at our Hybrid, but any student that has availability to meet on Wednesday afternoons. They could be a virtual student in public schools, they could be regular homeschool not attending Cornerstone, anyone that's available to come, We're going to be for writing leadership class. And what that means our goal is really to have students learn about great leaders in our community, in our town, our state, throughout history, because we want to teach these students and equip them to become great leaders, and not just in the future, but now, what kind of skills do they need now to be leaders in their lives where they're at. And so we're going to go over and teach skills such as writing a resume, presenting themselves in an interview, public speaking, creative reasoning skills. But not just skills, we want also for them to go into the community and meet with business owners and others to show them to lead them and guide them and learn from them.
Speaker 3: And so that's part of what I'll be working on, is coordinating with businesses, local companies, nonprofits, even trade just to get our kids out in the community so that they can tour these companies. We want them to be able to talk to the leaders of the companies the businesses, find out what kind of degrees that these companies are hiring, what skills they're looking for, and just what types of employees that they're hiring right now, just to give just to give these students a wide view of what all different opportunities there are right here in Bartlesville.
Speaker 2: You know, it all starts with a question, doesn't it, Hey, how are you doing what you need?
Speaker 1: How can we help you?
Speaker 2: And next thing you know, a conversation has started, and leadership kind of picks up after the conversation starts. Sometimes leadership begins with leading the conversation. But this is really important because students are really taught to follow instruction for a good long time and it's not till they get to this stage where you know, you start identifying that you might be a leader, or someone identifies in the pupil that they could become a good leader.
Speaker 1: Is very important because we need them.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 1: Especially with a perspective.
Speaker 5: The cornerstone offers yes, yes, we definitely do. And we're excited for these kids to become great leaders. We know that anyone can. We just want to equip them with the tools they need and give them experiences that will help shape that.
Speaker 2: Now, Emily, like you said, you're going to be scheduling a lot of speakers and tours and things like that. Now, tell us a little bit what can we expect on a tour?
Speaker 3: Well, I think one, for instance, we're going to be going into Chevron Phillips, and so we're really excited for that one. I know there's a safety training that goes it's involved with that before you can even enter, and they'll be taking us all around their plastics department, I believe. And then we'll get to talk to the leaders of that company when we're finished with the tour and find out what types of degrees that they're hiring and what they look for in an employee.
Speaker 2: This is great, this is very important, you know. And now all of a sudden, here are these kids getting ready to go to school tomorrow. I like, Mom, why didn't sign up over here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And that's that's actually kind of a twofold perk for these businesses is that we're showing these students different opportunities that we have here, and we're hoping that maybe they'll come choose to come back and work right here in Bartlesville when they see what all is available.
Speaker 2: That's great because, yeah, you know, I grew up in a small town and the hardest thing to do is get the kids to come back home after after college or even after after high school.
Speaker 1: They've got to go see the world.
Speaker 2: And usually what happens here in Bartlesville, what I've seen in five years I've been here, they'll go off to college, but they come back here to raise.
Speaker 1: The family start all over again.
Speaker 3: And that's that's exactly our hope now Dale again.
Speaker 2: You you were talking about the Leadership Academy the last time we were in here.
Speaker 1: Where are we going to be meeting with kids?
Speaker 4: We're going to be a Grace Community Church on Wednesday afternoons. This will still be under the Cornerstone umbrella, but Grace has a lot of new space over there that I kind of was a part of before I retired from Grace, and they've been wonderful to allow us some of their new space to do this in and we're really pumped about that.
Speaker 2: Well, that is great. You know something, Dale ad the same week. We don't really retire.
Speaker 1: We keep on going. You might have you might have cheese a little bit, keep up watch him.
Speaker 2: He's a speech strip in that he gets things done.
Speaker 1: That's great. That it's great, And I understand you're looking for interns.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are looking for companies that might be interested in having an intern Like Heather said that, we will have high school in this program, and so they'll be high schoolers. They do somewhat have a flexible schedule. A lot of them are homeschooled, not all of them, but a lot of them are, and so their schedules have availability for being able to come and work a little bit. So we're looking for any companies that might be interested in having an internship or even a job shadowing opportunity. Any of those would be wonderful. And if there's a company listening and they're like, oh, yeah, that sounds like something we want to be a part of, they can email us at Cornerstone Classical Academy at gmail dot com and we would love to talk to them and find out what opportunities.
Speaker 1: They might have and you will get a response. Absolutely, Yes, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to talk to you a little bit about the school in general. What grades do you encompass?
Speaker 5: We have pre K through twelfth grade this year, the whole deal we do. It's so exciting. We've added a high school this year, so to be our first year offering high school, and we have our middle school is a pretty big group this year also, but we have even the little bitties all the way to pre K.
Speaker 2: Now, for folks who are hearing this right now who might not have been aware of a cornerstone class school academy, when do you accept a new students do they decide that maybe this is a course of education they want to bring.
Speaker 1: To their kids.
Speaker 5: We've been enrolling all summer, but if you're interested in learning more, definitely reach out to us by Facebook email. We'd love to talk to families that are interested in coming alongside us and partnering. It is really a partnership with families, which is exciting because it's part homeschool and part private school.
Speaker 2: So everybody's involved in this one, all hands on deck.
Speaker 1: You know. I like that, you know.
Speaker 2: Because sometimes parents are kind of looking at the homework and thinking, well, and now you get to be a part of the the experience. It's not that the parents don't know the material or whatever, but they might be just a little bit confused on how it's being taught and or how it's being presented. And in this way, you know, everybody gets to participate.
Speaker 4: Right, they may just be too busy, yeah, you know, and with with this, with this model. But as Heather said that the parents are partners with us and they're provided with all the curriculum and all the tools they need to teach this at home. And I hear last year was my first year at Cornerstone, but I heard parents throughout the year talk about what they were learning as they went through the curriculum as well. And when you make that a team effort within your the walls of your home, it just gives it a depth and a dimension that's very very special and uh and makes the kid the student look forward to the next you know, set down with mom or dad and what are we studying today?
Speaker 1: And it's a great model. Now you're still educating folks too.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I'm teaching on Tuesday and Thursday Cornerstone Excellent Teacher.
Speaker 1: And then on Wednesdays.
Speaker 4: On Wednesdays at the excuse me, the Leadership Academy only. So it's a great week.
Speaker 1: Very good, very full. I like that.
Speaker 2: And the thing is with this hybrids, it's easy for the parents to carry on and keep along because they're doing it every day. So it's not like they're going to get a surprise at any time too, because of the level of closeness and.
Speaker 5: Participart right communication with their teacher and the students communicating with the teacher. And in high school. Something I wanted to mention was high schoolers night through twelfth grade can come in for one class, two classes. They don't have to come for every class.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all of yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's not too late to enroll. We are still accepting enrollments right now. And I think Heathery already mentioned that the high school Leadership program is available for anyone. They don't have to necessarily be homeschooled because it's in the afternoon. It's twelve thirty to three thirty one day a week on Wednesdays at Grace Community Church, And so we want to open that up for any high schooler that has the availability to be a part of it to contact us and come.
Speaker 1: Very good, Dale, do you want to add some to that.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, we've already developed some really great relationships with entities within the community Tri County, for example, Career Tech.
Speaker 1: We've met with them.
Speaker 4: We're going to be able to kind of share some kids back and forth on a few things with some guest maeakers and come over and maybe set in on some classes in some areas that our students have a specific interest in. We're very, very thankful for that partnership and looking forward to see.
Speaker 1: What it's going to bring to us. This is a whole lot of partnerships.
Speaker 2: This isn't just like one little think bubble and you take it home a little bit and come back a little bit. This is a whole lot of hands and hearts and minds and souls getting together, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes, it definitely is. We're hoping to bring the community and really work together.
Speaker 2: All Righty, I appreciate that where can you be found on the world wide Web?
Speaker 5: But Cornerstone Classical academyokay dot com?
Speaker 3: Not okay, just corner Cornerstone Classical Academy dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Part of our readjusting and adding the high school as we have a brand new website, and it's allowing. It's a it's a twofold. It's a great website. But also it's a portal for our parents to be able to use too when they're helping their students with doing homework. And so that's why you've got.
Speaker 5: Anyone And you can register and roll online.
Speaker 3: Yes, everything can be done online.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if somebody wants to make a phone call, that phone still works, does Yes, they.
Speaker 3: Can reach out to me or to Heather.
Speaker 4: I don't know how there's.
Speaker 1: Spin off a message, it's okay, but that's fine.
Speaker 2: And if somebody's got to, like, say, a thousand dollars in their pocket and they're itch and to spend it someplace and they just know they're going to do something stupid, can you direct them on how they can make a donation to keep Cornerstone going.
Speaker 1: On in.
Speaker 3: We actually have a donation link on our website and so anyone is able to donate. We are a nonprofit and so those are tax detectable donations.
Speaker 2: Okay, So whoever's walking around with one hundred dollar bill or a thousand bucks in the pocket thing and you might do something silly, it's be responsible.
Speaker 1: Let's make a nice charitable donation and tax people.
Speaker 3: Like to I'm sorrying a student. Yes, all of those things are very much appreciated.
Speaker 1: Very good deal.
Speaker 4: You want something, there's just going to say a lot of school models across the country have offers for for what you just described. They could sponsor a student, like Emily said, but some have also stepped up and said, well, I'd like to sponsor a teacher. Sweet and that takes a financial load off the school. Is just a wonderful partnership as well.
Speaker 1: Well, this is great.
Speaker 2: Anything that we might have missed it, We need to get out to the word out to anyone.
Speaker 4: We get started at Cornerstone on Tuesday Thursdays next week and at the Leadership Academy over at Grace on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: We're ready to come and join us. All right.
Speaker 2: I want to thank you all for coming in, and you're welcome any old time you want to drop by. Okay, ye already, folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection on K one