Speaker 1: We should be bony hunters. Together. You're kind and smart, I'm cruel and strong. Together we're nothing, but together we're the perfect bony hunter.
Speaker 2: Well, I could use money, but you have to promise me something, Homer.
Speaker 1: Sure, what is it?
Speaker 2: We have to do everything by the book.
Speaker 1: And you have to promise no diddlies or doodles.
Speaker 2: My friend, you have a dealer running four Finger Discount.
Speaker 3: Dude, welcome to season twenty of four Finger Discount. I am dan Oh today, joined.
Speaker 4: By joined by guy. Yes, we've reached the big two hour feeling very very grown up, and yes we're going to give you an episode that is both tasty and tasteless full finger discount tradition.
Speaker 3: Exactly right now. There's three things in this title, two of which are in this room. Oh no, so I had a pipe for lunch, So the pie is in my belly? Yeah, okays videos as videos over there? Yes, no sex, well there's sexy things not yet.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for the yeah fourfingure discount up late. Yeah, Patrion getting a little boy. But as we said here to talk about the premiere of season twenty, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I enjoy this one. I liked Homer and Flanders being a good team. As bout the Hunters. They didn't seem very good at their job. They just the montage was them screwing up all the time, but they were having a good time doing it.
Speaker 4: Maybe the real journey was the friendship you made along the way. Yeah, I think that was very much the case with this episode. Yeah, it felt all over the shop. It didn't feel like it didn't feel cohesive.
Speaker 3: No, the cake and story. Oh I did it, and I didn't really join in any way.
Speaker 4: Did it? Not? Really?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I mean I'm not even concerned about those two plots sort of joining up together. It felt like, as I'm prone to say, a lot of stuff that happened, lot of stuff thrown into the mix. But somehow they got the flavor balance right with this one. I think a good heart and a good sense of humor will take you a long way, and there are a lot of good gags in this way.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of good gags. You know what it also is they stuck the landing. When you stick the landing, it leaves you in a positive mindset. I just saw the ending. Sometimes we say they you know, March Forgives Home or whatever, they try to go for a sentimental ending that comes out of nowhere. It just felt forced. This sort of came out of nowhere, but also didn't feel forced. It was just at no point during the episode where they're a odds with each other or anything. You know, Homer actually appreciate that she was doing sexy cakes and you know they've got to go over a shower with it or whatever. At the end, it's just like, you know, a little cake to remind you, and they turn it into a gag because you think it's going to be a sexy cake. No, it's just that I love you.
Speaker 4: It's just I love you cake. Yes, that's all it needed. Really, it felt like they had taken on board maybe some of the complaints that people had about season nineteen, but that Home's attitude towards March, the way that he closes it out, or the way this episode closes out with not I love you too, honey. It's like thanks March. It's like often do want to say that to the one that you loves, Like thanks for putting up with me and thanks for being you and loving me.
Speaker 3: Tying up the loose ends of the story as well, in a sense, where in March. It's just a little thing where March is in the letter. Don't worry, you'd be out of prison tomorrow. Just because it doesn't just end with Homers in prison. Next episode is out of prison, better explain why. It's just oh, he'll be able to Moorrow. Doesn't have to explain why or how, just he'll be able to Moorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool thing is It ties it up story wise, But it's also a good gag as well, because I think, oh, no, he's in prison, you'll be out of jail tomorrow. That's actually pretty funny.
Speaker 3: And the Flanders story gets wrapped up nicely as well.
Speaker 4: I just liked.
Speaker 3: I liked also to how the intro little bits of it played into the story as well. So the reason Flanders got the new glass window was because of the rights and the opening act.
Speaker 4: And the reason Flanders becomes a bounty hunter is because his shop doesn't make any damn money. Yes, And I like the fact that he's often putting faith in the Lord, or faith in the good nature of human beings or the economy or anything like that. I like it when he sometimes it gets sense someone realizes it's not all going to happen. By the man upstairs, I might have to take I might at the side hustle, Yeah, and do doing it with Homer as bounty Hunters. The kind of idea or the kind of concept when you hear about it or you read about it in your TV guide or on your TV guard, remember that one. Now when you see it on the screen, when you are scrolling through as we do in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty four, you go, this feels like, here, guys, what if they were Bounty Hunters. Fantastic, but at least it worked.
Speaker 3: At least didn't break his values either. Like you said, he was just trying to make some money. He may shure Homer promise when we're going to do it by.
Speaker 4: The book, Yeah, they contrasted with each other, but they complimented each other as well, which.
Speaker 3: However, points that out because I'm strong or whatever your kind, whatever it is. Yeah, we're terrible toll together.
Speaker 4: Now, there were parts of it, certainly I thought, Ah, you're falling into old plot potholes and plot holes. What were they? Oh, just issues that we've had in the past. I think where I think there was one in particular early on you know, during the Saint Patrick's Day parade or celebrations or whatever is it, Quimby talking about everything that the Iris has given.
Speaker 3: Us and paddy wagon shamrock shack.
Speaker 4: Do you have to show us these things? You know how? It's like, here's a paddy wagon, here's someone drinking a shamrock shake, here's people river dancing.
Speaker 3: You know why, because maybe there are some Americans, maybe kid viewers out there who you mightn't know what a paddy wagon is.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean, I agree, I can understand what you're saying. I can see it from their side as well, but it would work your way as well for sure.
Speaker 4: And to go to the other end of the of the episode. Actually, the foot chase between Flanders and Homer, I thought was great. It was a great idea.
Speaker 3: A lot of them was really taking a bike your Casino Royale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there was a bit of a tribute that. Certainly with the Girder, you know when they claimed off the skyscraper and they're on the girder, that's definitely Casino Royale.
Speaker 3: And the sub the monorail or subway whatever is the Italian job or something. Okay, Yeah, I was saying that that's on Wikipedia. I'll find it the French Connection.
Speaker 4: French Connection. Yeah, this is just a good opportunity to, as they did with those things, pay tribute to, not just not give actual shout outs and you name checks to that kind of thing. But it's sort of just evoke their spirit more than and I was like, oh yeah, there's almost a there's usually good food chase and something I remember in Point Break there's a really great food chase. It was more exciting than any car chase. And instead they just have to add like bits that I guess are funny. I don't know. This is more this is more a me problem than the show problem. It's like are you throwing bits out of the matrix or you know, like really unrealistic parkour and.
Speaker 3: Those elements that they did there where you could they did. They took advantage of being animated actually, like the horses being on the poles, and that's.
Speaker 4: A good point. Okay, I take back my original art.
Speaker 3: I know I can completely understand what you said.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I w look back just a little bit. I'm still angry, I'm not as.
Speaker 3: Just not taking your fist as hard and cloud getting back to that you said the two stories they didn't really sort of blend well together. I actually kind of like that as well, because we always talk about on talking Sign found Hair. They always trying to find a way to have the stories connect. Sometimes it's just you know, in life, your wife's doing one thing, do another. They always kept going back to home and Marge in the kitchen. Just that's why. That's the way they connected it, of Marge doing her thing, how Aby doing his thing. With that havn't it because sometimes it can feel like it's forced the way they trying to connect these stories. This was just sort of two stories can currently running.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I had a problem with that so much. I think it was more particularly the one with the bounty hunder storyline. It didn't feel like it didn't feel like it went from A to B to C to D or anything like that. It was just well, they're bounty hunters. Stuff's gonna happen. And I guess there was about it.
Speaker 3: It was at the time too, that's probably what they were.
Speaker 4: I guess there was a thin thread of a story in there, but it's like, oh, Homer and Flanners as bounty hunters, be nice if he gave them even just like a half hour or yeah, a traditional police procedural kind of mystery solve something like that. It was more about the relationship, which was fine, which was good. Again, Look, I think I'm making up problem just to make up problems, just a film that we do just to talk because because otherwise, because otherwise you would just be getting forty minutes straight on why Jackie Brown is the is the unsung, underrated Jim mcquintin Tarantino's body.
Speaker 3: Of Work, No one talks about it.
Speaker 4: Why Robert Forster is one of the great Hollywood comeback stories of all time, and.
Speaker 3: You and Leonard mentioned it on the Movie Guide podcast.
Speaker 4: I was about to get to that, and why Max Cherry is the greatest character in the Tarantino universe. So buckle up, folks, because that's what this podcast is going to be about. No, that's not true, but you're right, I mean we are.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: I guess by the time this episode comes out, the other podcast is going to be out. We can talk about it free, no more teasing. No, it's the Movie Guide with Malton and Davis. Can you believe you doing a podcast with the Leonard Malton with Lennard Maulton and Guy Davis. I'm pointing at myself here. We don't have the cameras on today. No, otherwise you'd seen me doing the two thumbs up and going yeah.
Speaker 3: But the last two weeks is going when are we going to release it? I want to promote it by friends, nobody else, just for friends. We've been doing it for six seven weeks now.
Speaker 4: We've been doing it for a while.
Speaker 3: But I think the reason my mentality this is just born the curtain back was Leonard and Guy had never met each other. I think it took a good month for them to sort of work each other's. Just sweap the chemistry out, work out the rhythms. Yes, no working out when someone stopped speaking when it's much tinge to speak. Just get that flow happening. And you can tell now because the Welcome to episode that we recorded, which is the first one available on the movie guide feed links and description of this podcast, that was recorded last week, and it can just sense the chemistry is so much better in that than the first couple of episodes.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, it's Lenna Moulton we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Here, ultimate professional.
Speaker 4: He's a bit of a leg and for even to someone who's been in the movie criticism game for a few decades, like myself, you're still gonna you know, you're going to bow before the King, You're going to kiss the ring.
Speaker 3: You're going to go to premieres now like any of you. Motherfucker's doing a podcastle Molton, No, I didn't think so, I'm definitely gonna do that.
Speaker 4: Called them motherfuckers if I already wasn't despised, But yeah, we are doing that. But we talked about pulp fiction. Yeah, Leonard brought up Robert Forster, who makes it. By the way, why are we talking about this because plays like a gym in this episode he has a guest appearance. But he brought him up as like, yeah, my friend Robert Faster.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what, we're doing a vocal too, and he goes, yeah, no, I just hung out with Tom Hanks last week. Like what I was talking to lem Neeson, like what the whole episode is? That's awesome? This week it's a famous guy. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's getting very Chris Fayley up in here. But yeah, I look, I was very very happy to see that. Not only that my man Robert Forwson made a guest appearance in this. He's basically reprising his character from Jackie Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can tell Simpson's Riders obviously fans of that as well. Why else would they give?
Speaker 4: Why else would you? This is not Jackie Brown was not a huge hit. It is definitely one that QT fanboys really really love, but it's not necessarily one that's you know, it's not Royale with cheese, it's not in Glorious Bastards, it's not Once upon a Time in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: I enjoy it way more than Once upon a Time in Hollywood. I think it's a great movie. If you have not seen Jackie Brown, watch Jackie Brown. So yeah, it was very very healthy. Your lovely lady from Siel Julia. She returned our yeah, our yes lovely, but you more so you're in love marry I mean I want to marry.
Speaker 4: Who does not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Mate, it's very nice that they will come back, even just for a line or two. Just stick their head, stick their head in the recording booth from a professional kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good Lane close returning for Mona.
Speaker 4: That's correct.
Speaker 3: Who was the voice of Jessica Lovejoy? Wasn't that Meryl streep streep. Yes, yeah, there was some icon, but I was getting with this story here with the Flanders and home story Mountain of madness vibes. Now we've had Homer and Flanders bond before, right, but when now we're doing the steakout for fat Tony and Homer's teaching him how to eat pizza.
Speaker 4: It's very sweet.
Speaker 3: Reminded me of him teaching Burns how to get food with that getting up.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, Homer has his skill set. It's wholly impractical and I used to anybody, but it comes in valuable every once in a while.
Speaker 3: My favorite in regards to that scene. One of my favorite moments. Oh, we're talking about favorite moments, we are, indeed, how sweet was them singing kindly, D's done done for free, done.
Speaker 4: For free, God's.
Speaker 3: You know, just Homer and Flanders just being friends. It's so nice. It was so nice seeing Homer not being a jerk. Oh yeah, and by the end of it, you know, he was being somewhat of a jerk at the end, but he wasn't going out of his way to be a jerk to Flanners. It was just Homer being Homer to to an extent. Yes, Yeah, it was going out of his way to be mean to Flanners for the second because we've had in season nineteen recently, it's just mean to Flanners because Homer has to say something mean to Flanders. It's the way you do think that they just weren't that their beliefs contradicted each other at by the end of this episode, that's all it was. He wasn't a little bit of being mean Tom friend to be me No, no, no, And I just liked that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When he's singing his version of ac DC, hom sang it with him.
Speaker 4: What it's probably a trivia question? Yeah, it's not one of mine. I've only got one here, softer, I've only got two, so old start you do one, then I'll do one, and it's like we'll move on.
Speaker 6: What was.
Speaker 3: The Christian version of one of most questions? ADBC?
Speaker 4: ADBC, Oh, oh, how did you say it? I'm like, oh, it makes perfect sense, yeah, because it just not it didn't work a good gag, that is right, ADBC. That's a pretty good game. I think it went by just quick enough on the show that I was like, do I want to rewind that? Maybe I should. It's probably gonna be the question the Dando asks not anymore, But that was good. I like that a lot. Do you have more favorite moments? Because I could go on, yes, I also liked so.
Speaker 3: I don't know who voiced the Baker. I'm assuming Hank.
Speaker 4: Or Dan or whatever I think, so yeah, I didn't see any like Noted Irish in the in the what do you call it?
Speaker 3: Guest star list, But I just love that the doctor hipp a bit. You know, it's a replica of it does say it, doesn't it?
Speaker 4: He's pickiness.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it was, exactly what I was saying, and I thought that is so obvious but so funny. What else did you enjoy?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 4: There was some really good just line reading by some veteran players in here. I mean, oh damn it, I should I've watched this episode a day or so, so I might have forgotten the actual line line where this happens, but it was fantastic timing by Dan c. I think it's, you know, in the alley when they're having the shootout in the confrontation, he's talking to Snakes, trying to talking me out of shooting, and by saying, the first thing you could do is shoot me, well, yeah, the worst the worst thing you can possibly do right now is not shooting me something like that. But then you go but and I I almost had to stop the show for a second. It was like, damn, that was funny. It's just great when you can just nail it with just one word. Yeah, but I thought that was fantastic.
Speaker 3: And speaking of and you know, I know what it was too now it's if you shoot me, I won't be able to stop you. But there will be people who would come up with actually probably not because now that you've got a reputation and shooting beep.
Speaker 4: Ancy the Great Julie also did very very well, just doing great stuff with Marge was But when Paddy AND's film would come into the to the Erotic Baker there getting all oad of the oh oh go by thrill what you did with the.
Speaker 3: Really really that march too, because it's it's true what he said. He goes, we're not hurting anybody, just like you're right, Well, yeah, we're actually not. It's just harmless.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I'm Erotic Baker still a thing. I remember they were a big deal for a while, were they I don't know this And when I say a while, I mean like maybe ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Well, I know in treuse of horror six at the end of the three even already cakes, I've never seen an erotic bakery. I'm assuming if you go to a bakery and say, look.
Speaker 4: Like a customer and go, look, I want Dixan cakes, I'm flattered, maybe a little current. Yeah, I imagine you're even your most reputable baker. Yeah, they're a creative time of challenge accepted. Yeah, but whether there's actual places that are like we do saucy cakes and saucy cakes only it's like, I think you're limiting your also too.
Speaker 3: I think if you market it that way, it's almost creating this aura of you don't want to be seen walking in there. You feel kind of funny. I saw Nicola walking into the Rotic Cake Shop. You know, it's just I want to go to a bakery and I want those dick peas. Yeah, I've got the hen with me. I've got the hens start coming up. I reckon you could, you know, whip something up?
Speaker 4: Of course, so they definitely got a baker still live. You can have this donut.
Speaker 3: It's only been half eaten, be it's still like it's so expensive now, really is. But they've always been expensive. But I remember you used to be able to get those twists and they were three to five dollars. No more than five dollars. No, the big twist, cheese and baking twists.
Speaker 4: I'm aware of them.
Speaker 3: Mike Weaving for ten seconds. Delicious, right, not too just good? There you go there, Well we're not just getting advised on what to buy, but also how to prepare. Yeah, but now like nine dollars each. No twist is worth nine dollars in my opinion.
Speaker 4: No, we're really having to game the system. We've talked about this before. How you know, Well, today is Tuesday. We're recoting this on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Tight as Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don know, but it's coming up on it's usually Wednesday that the two major supermarket chains, Coals and Woolworts will send out like, well, we've looked at your algorithm and we know these are things that you buy, and here's here are specials for things that you want. So I'll be always looking at that and go oh okay, so and so was down half price or whatever. All so one's half price sales half price sales, which is actually you know, just the price it always but still you feel like you're sort of gaming the system. Okay, well I won't have that this week, but I will have this instead.
Speaker 3: I love that we are aware of how it marketing shit to us now, but we're just letting them do it, like everyone knows that. Or the half price sales is just where it's payment we always pay. But everyone's like, but that used to be the normal price, and then we see the special on that price. Now the special price is what we always paid.
Speaker 4: Why what the hell? Everyone is too tired and too overwhelmed by everything to actually put it to kick up a stink about it, except us on this podcast. We're doing the lord's work.
Speaker 3: But it was like eighteen months ago I had a rant about the half price sales and now there's like an entire section of the catalog dedicated to half price sales, and I'm like, see, I told you it was coming, I told you, I told you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have one more thing that I enjoyed and speaking about. Yeah, just good, just good, solid, reliable bits that worked really really well, like Dan's. But feel free to turn that into a sweet, sweet sweekend. Don't take your ring around on me. I's thinking about that all morning for some really just that, No, don't take your ring around on me. No, it made me laugh so much.
Speaker 3: The whole dramatization might have happened.
Speaker 4: The whole bit with Skinner and charm was in the dirt. It's like, well, I'm going to close my eyes while you put it down in front.
Speaker 3: It's so blatant and just in your face. But just funny, wasn't it. Oh yeah, and having Agnes as well. Don't come down? Speaking of I spoke to Tress last week.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, yeah, oh you did too, go so.
Speaker 3: You know what it was?
Speaker 4: So she was on the tune of it was terrible.
Speaker 3: She is just i't get star struck very often, and I wasn't necessarily starstruck talking to Tress with Jim Cummings or the tuned in podcast, but Chris, his son in law, and I sort of chime in we have with the Charlby so we co host it. But watching these two who have clearly been friends for close to forty years, they were talking and didn't really feel like an interview. It just felt like old friends catching up. So why barely we both barely spoke because it would have sit back going this doesn't need anything added to it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's your aproad.
Speaker 3: It's just friends talking and this is far more enjoyable. Then tell us about the show you work, don't. At the end we got to to do some agna skinner and whatnot. But for the good portion of it, I just sat there and watched it, just watching two legends just who are friends. But Tress is she's just so lovely, you know. Yeah, excellent, meet your heroes if they're trust me, Neil. So that'll be available in most cases, not between did with Jim Cummings in the coming weeks to look out for that as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's what I enjoyed from this episode.
Speaker 3: I also enjoyed trivia. Do you want to get into some trivia question?
Speaker 4: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for a little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash fourth finger discount.
Speaker 4: Next question, you there eating the beast.
Speaker 3: My first question was already ruined ADBC. I'll go with what three things does the cake guyin?
Speaker 4: Peter Farly?
Speaker 3: Peter Farreley is his name, Patrick, Patrick Farley? So of course Patrick, of course, Patrick Farreley. What are the three things he says about Marge's cupcakes? Oh, moist, they maintain their structural integrity or shape retention yep?
Speaker 4: And light light what done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good job?
Speaker 4: These are things I like in cakes. Shall I ask you to name all of Quimby's Irish middle names? Or just three?
Speaker 3: I didn't even write them down. I was like, this is too much effort.
Speaker 4: Go for it. Fitzgerald, O'Malley, Fitzpatrick, O'Donnell.
Speaker 3: The Edge, all right, the Edge being a reference to, well, that's.
Speaker 4: The nineteen ninety seven motion picture The Edge, starring Anthony Hopkins and Ali Boorman.
Speaker 3: No, it might be the guitarist from you two oh Old the Edge, Old the Edge okay, going in full Simpsons season nineteen explaining the gag people.
Speaker 4: These are the jokes, folks. Yes, did you have another? I'm trying to find another question here because my other one was ruined or preempted or just pre gred emptied.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, what does Homer bring home for.
Speaker 4: Bart Shells with someone something to have? The bullet still in the right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Where did Snake and Gloria get the cold shoulder when they were looking for a pass such of s? Doesn't it does? Like so many things?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: What is it sterling Point? Town home point? That's it? You town homes at sterling Point?
Speaker 3: What is for sale on the bench in the bakery? You're talking about half it and dinners before something like that, like yesterday's food, the old wangs.
Speaker 4: I love it, Wangs Wangs.
Speaker 7: It's good.
Speaker 4: It's a good name for for Johnson. Yeah, your wang.
Speaker 3: A lot of names Wange Johnson.
Speaker 4: Wanne Johnson. That funny. I'm run I've run out of questions.
Speaker 3: Let's get into some stonycats, shall we. Let's let's do it, starting, of course, with the lovely Katy G with her one hundred dollars support. Thank you so much, Katy G.
Speaker 4: Talk about how we're you know, interacting with celebrities because we're celebrities ourselves. Cady G is just meeting people left and right. I saw on her social media hanging out with Sean mcaliff, Australian comedy legend and National treasure Sean mccali.
Speaker 3: I think it was at Super and Over, maybe look at book signing books, but still hanging out. Yeah, exactly, put on here well than I was doing. Absolutely, Zachlichamas as well with these one hundred support think you're so much Zach as well. Absolute Legend still hasn't contacted this mail bag of forth for a discap dot com. Do you get in touch? What you like us to review?
Speaker 4: Katy G said us another as well, review it for it. We'd like to do stuff for you. You do so much for us. We'd like to do something for you, even though we are already doing it by doing this podcast.
Speaker 3: Andrews there with his fifty dollars support as well, our new Andrews and our men, our men should say from the four fig descant team. Zach, what was his name is that? What do you what do you call him?
Speaker 4: Cut? Zach?
Speaker 3: Zach? Yeah, and Andrew Swanny mixed one, the Lord of Discord exactly, the Lord of Discord and our Plex service.
Speaker 4: We're getting hooked up to various Plex services these day.
Speaker 3: We had a tall shirt box in our bedroom. They gave it to us for free so you can look at basically it's like a Google whatever they called, so you can access the apps. Because our TV in the bedroom it's not a smart TV. It's it's an older TV, so it's.
Speaker 4: Got I'd be disrespecting the TV, isn't there. See I'm not a smart TV.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can't get the apps. But the old Touch box, They're like, as of October thirty first Touch the box isn't working anymore. You have to buy a new box called Fetch. And I was like, rather not pay hundred bucks for a new box, And then Nichol was like, oh, I guess we'll have to answer. Let's just see if it works and what turned it on. The apps don't work except for Plex and YouTube and all the shows we want to watch Plex there and if they're not, I'll just put them on Plex.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: I'm like, screw you. Catch this.
Speaker 4: That whole bit was billding able to fetch this? It was not just did it off the top of the dome right there well.
Speaker 3: Also shout us to Jonathan ROSSI reached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Deevie, Pete Anderson, Timothy bels And, Andrew Davis, Ryan Dunlup, Kevin Dazel, planned flood shut in hope for Ballewin debate Jack big Fadden. He that will be Adrian McLeod Lewis Cavanaugh March eleven, Tree eleven, Yeah, Tree eleven, March eleven, Reyese, Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray and Talia and Riquez, Ja Messado, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Hallier, Logan b James Sheppard, at Joe reading Sect Day, PRITZLS McNally, Gavin Lane, Dami Miller, and Charlie Joe. Thank you so much for your support, guys being stone Gun supporters on Patreon.
Speaker 4: Thanks I heap guys really appreciate it. As we are head into season twenty, please stay with us. We have more seasons of The Simpsons to go.
Speaker 3: Apparently hopefully they're all on this level because this was enjoyable this episode. Oh yeah, hopefully. If not, we'll make it fucking enjoyable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even if the show is no good. Even if the episode is no good, our episode will be good.
Speaker 3: Our ranting will be enjoyable. Oh yeah, you're worth the Patreon fee.
Speaker 4: It's Wednesday, high priced date the supermarket. Hooray.
Speaker 3: Speaking of our ranting, I watched the Last Trees of Horror. Not good, not good. I watched the first segment.
Speaker 4: I just went, is this the one where Homer becomes like Venom? Except the jeans.
Speaker 3: Segment is not the one yet. No, it's it's a political but basically it's the left. So there's a blue monster and a Red monster, Democrats and the Republicans, and.
Speaker 4: It's okay, well, yeah, timely cutting edge. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, there's what there's literally one part where Bart says, yeah, go red monster, you smashed that building whatever, and and Lisa says, I quote, but I didn't know you were a right winger. I was like, I'm done, I'm done.
Speaker 4: This is sounding a little implorable.
Speaker 3: And it was like my liking, and then it was he says something in the lines of I just like this, no bad things, bad things. She's like, so you are you're right ring on and I'm just I'm done. Oh gosh, I watched the Simpsons day of this ship.
Speaker 4: No, no, you've watched them so we can talk about it.
Speaker 3: So stay tuned for season thirty six of The Simpsons.
Speaker 4: Following this gap. She's not what I shined up for.
Speaker 3: We get there, we're like, what a good episode compared to the ship we have these days? In season forty five?
Speaker 4: Who are you again? Yes? We hang on? No, I mean it's not going to take us a year.
Speaker 3: It took you five years to get through ten seasons, okay, so two seasons a year. Okay, So for us to get to be ten seasons, it said two a year. So that's fourteen sixteen from now. Sixteen from now, it's another eight years get to that one.
Speaker 4: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I'll be Margaret Mary age.
Speaker 4: I'll be older and verging on old. Actually yeah, i'll be old. No, never will forever young.
Speaker 3: Can't retires, You're not old to you retire?
Speaker 4: That's correct?
Speaker 3: And yeah, I've never retired.
Speaker 4: Who's can you get retired? Din dine on the job.
Speaker 3: All let's get into a review of sex pies and videos. Oh not video scrapes, you idiot. Sex pies and idiots, I think it's a video. At the start, that's probably I said, there's videos in here, you idiot. Dando.
Speaker 4: There idiot scrapes in this room. So there we go. Saved it.
Speaker 3: Yes, well there are two idiots in here. Yes, so sex pies one sex pies and idiot scrapes. That should say what a silly man?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: Original ed September twenty eight, two thousand and eight, Production code kb F one seven, written by Kevin Curran, dreaded by Lance Kramer. You know what I like to think his listeners out there who have been stewing for the last half an hour, going, you got the joke wrong at the start.
Speaker 4: When are you going to realize this? Steward on it? Yeah, we were waiting for you to pick up on it or not not you. I mean we're we're going to do the save. It was a bit, Yeah, it's a bit. I think it's a bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Julius Drivers, Robert Forster and Joe returned for fat Tony Belly Neil choking sounds, but he's another one. He will always give us fat Tony. He has to do it, he wants to do it. I like the couch gag in this one. The cabinet with.
Speaker 4: Well because Boba Fett is a baddie hunter. Of course I didn't even put those two together. Neither are.
Speaker 3: To be building up to that moment. Wasn't it.
Speaker 4: A cub on your toes?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 3: The episode kicks off though, with just a big sort of I don't know, not a piss take of St. Patrick's Day, but just St Patrick Stay Springfield is but it's a free one because they've already done the booze heavy Saint Patrick's Day with the home averst of the Eighth Amendment where Bike gets drunk.
Speaker 4: Correct, yes, yes, so I don't know. This show seems to have something against the Irish, but then it's against everyone, mate, it's against everyone. But I don't I think Americans in general have a real They go real hard against the French, and they go real hard against the Irish. When it comes to jokes, they do, yeah, and the Irish ones do feel a little bit more like it's all in good fun. It's like that mate who's like, can't you take a joke? Can't you take a joke? It's like I could also take you not joking every once in a while. The French they deserve it. I won't say they deserve. It's more like the French don't care. The French are just very very content, so does Good the head. We're French care than you.
Speaker 3: But I just think Saint Patrick's Day. Maybe it's just because I've got kids now and I don't go out drinking. But I used to feel like what Sir Patrick's daye was on in Geelong, the pubs would go crazy for it. Everyone w'd be out having drinks. But it feels like St Patrick's out Day now in Geelong. It's not really, it's not a thing anymore, but it just doesn't. Maybe I'm just in a different crowd now.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know. Man. Like I said, everyone's tired and overwhelmed. Yeah, no one wants to do shit anymore. I mean, speaking of Halloween recently, we took kids out. So many grinches these days just oh, not wanting to do it.
Speaker 3: This doesn't a very good thing.
Speaker 4: This is Australia.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I saw a great little sort of like TikTok clip of Australians at Halloween and it's all this one guy beteend to be like some forty year old Karen or whatever. This is a this is Australian at America, we do this and all these rants at the end. So what about Black Friday sales? Oh yeah, I'll eat that shit up. It's like, yeah, you won't do Halloween because so it's like you're against kids just having fun dressing up in a costume. It's like, yeah, I know, there's so many kids out and just so many little things that you put on the door in the estate yes or no, yes, and there's just so many no's and it's just like a bag of chocolates for the kids funk off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I mean ri inches for Christmas. But you know it, don't start early, don't start at Halloween. Of course, was over at my friend Saddy Steve, who loves Halloween. His name is Steve and he loves Halloween.
Speaker 3: He have all the decorations of ever.
Speaker 4: He certainly did. He had a big skeleton, He had a little spider that would jump out at you.
Speaker 3: I can shoe your photo of the big blood thing I got from Spotlight for thirty five dollars. Yeah, I can keep talking to tell us bet Steve.
Speaker 4: Oh it went really really well, and you could tell that kids have been coming. You upon you, upon you, and they were always very very happy to see the evident that Steve went to. So, yeah, props to Steve for doing all that.
Speaker 3: My parents did it for the first time. Well look at that they got dressed up. Yeah. My mum's always been the American it's American thing, and then now that you've got grandkids, she's like, let's get dressed up.
Speaker 4: Mama's good. But yeah, Halloween was good this year. Good, good over it seas, Did did you scare anybody?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Not really Actually no, I did get the Lovely always because Steve's been horror fan and he's got like a very accurate Jason Voorhees hockey mask.
Speaker 3: I've got the Spotlight one dollar version, which I put.
Speaker 4: On because I was put that on the hand out of the trace of the kids. Took herselfie and sent it to Losing your boyfriend. She said, that's incredibly unattractive. It would have It would have suit you too, because you've got like, don't hair at the back that's correct, yes, or on top except when you took it off, you're very handsome and he's very grotesque. That's correct. Thanks, But a good Halloween was had.
Speaker 3: I remember being a kid and watching the first and watching the third Teenager, maybe watching the first two Frida or third DS going where the fuck is Jason vorhes at the hockey mask? Correct, didn't get it, didn't get it to the third.
Speaker 4: No, but you just no one ever talks about that sort of Jason in the first movie. Well, of course spoiler spoiler for the first of the Thirteenth. Yeah, but you know, we didn't reveal who the killer was. It was that outs act, it was one of them.
Speaker 3: But it's also one of the most iconic jump scares of all time. Well at the end, yes, yeah, people say it's not as scary as carrying, and I'm like, Noah, fuck off, that's way scary than the carry.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 3: Carry is pretty spooky, but I ship pants.
Speaker 4: Phil Fried is known via the mail bag or any of our social media feeds, which has a scarier and jump scared carry or further the thirteenth what do you reckon? I think carry? You can carry? I do purely for the purposes of argument, okay, that having Yeah, but no Jason has a bag on his head for the well he's not even in the first one, got a bag on his head in the second.
Speaker 3: One, So it's like, what the fuck is He's got a potato sack in his head? Who thought of that idea? A guy potato sacking his head?
Speaker 4: Still scary, a little scary little eyehole. Yeah, yeah, grabs that hockey mask, slaps it on and then we're off to the iconic races are also the third one's got the great disco version of the other third?
Speaker 3: How good is it? I know the score here I put it on. It's like, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I used to play it all the time at Pop Culture when I was working there. Why I'm no longer working there. No, it's great.
Speaker 3: Remember one time though, because that's the one that's just sort of it's just sort of slow and look, and we'll listened to it at work and we're like, is that boshot to traumatize us? We're working in the office and it's just quite then. Anyway, it's just taking the piece out of Saint Patrick's day and it's boos free. But as you mentioned earlier, so they gave us the paddy wagon, the shamrock shake and the folk downs where you don't move your arms.
Speaker 4: But before that, yeah, Quimby is really playing up his quote unquote Irish heritage, which is funny because I mean, is yeah, clearly a take on Kennedy's Yeah, and I was confused by it. Yeah, I mean, I don't think Quimby is necessarily an Irish name.
Speaker 3: Maybe it is.
Speaker 4: I don't think you needed to have him making this show. You just didn't seem to know. But he's such an opportunist that he's like, well, yeah, is he here? Maybe? Yeah. There's a great scene in one of my favorite comedies, Used Cars. I think I've told you about it, or we may have talked.
Speaker 3: About it and spoke about it, yes, and he was very impressed that you knew about it. I can tell it because guys during the Movie Guy podcast, I'm sort of just sitting there, just keeping the show going with the volumes. And sometimes I've seen Guy, I think, talk about this or whatever. And sometimes I can sit there and I can hear let us say something but use Cars and new show. I love Used Cars. This is what happens, and I can hear and then his voice, Ah, this guy fucking he knows his ship.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I think like after a few episodes, you proved to Leonard, Oh no, this guy's not just some guy likes movies. This guy knows movies.
Speaker 4: Well, then use cars. Kurt Russell plays this hus car salesman and it's a big day of the lot and everyone he goes up to. If it's a black plane, he's like, hey, Rudy Washington Carver, good to meet you, Aura. If it's in Hispanic film, like Rudy Martinez, come a star. I think there's some irish when he says, hey, yeah, I'm Rudy or Donald, good to meet you. So, yeah, you've been opportunities like that. And just do you own use cars? Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, got it on Blue Yeah, fantastic man. There's one good thing about earning a lot, owning a lot of Kurt Russell movies on DVD or Blu ray is that he will do commentary and he is always just laughing his ars, having a great time. Oh yeah, all the ones he does with John Carpenter on Big Trumble, a Little China and the Thing and what's the other one escape from New York and wants to be there, Oh yeah, and just cracking himself and everyone else up. It's so much fun anyway, but irish. Yeah, yeah, Quibi was doing that bit we've had the sh I'm rockshake and the rivet answer, but.
Speaker 3: Makes a line here which apparently was very controversial.
Speaker 1: Where's the IRA when you need them?
Speaker 3: And it says It's third controversy in Northern Ireland over the brawl that occurred in the opening After the episode, the broad between Irish and Northern Irish people included Bart's line where the IRA when you need them? Gregory Campbell, a Northern Irish MP for East Londonderry in Northern Ireland, said The Simptons is a humorous cartoon, but the context of using a line like that about an organization which caused so much death will lead to people to have very mixed views. Some may take it as a lighthearted reference, while others who are affected by the real life violence of the IRA are still suffering with that legacy.
Speaker 4: Well not, I get where he's coming from. I mean the IRA. We're pretty hardcore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's just like people still making jokes now about nine to elevens. Just it will always be too soon. Just don't do it.
Speaker 4: Don't do it, No, just don't do it.
Speaker 3: The parade, he don't we So the Irish boy resembling a potato the straight Catholic priests and there's two in a lot of empty chairs. I was like, oh, there's empty chairs. That's something. And then the small Irish family, which is just a bunch of kids running around, and then the Northerners arrived, big.
Speaker 2: Both of you.
Speaker 4: You have a common land and literature and the sweetest.
Speaker 8: Songs on earth Tura lora lura, doa loa li Hush my little baby, hush, now, don't you crya.
Speaker 3: Everyone's happy if I's having a good time. But when the song ends, they realize that we're that booze. They remember how much they had each other, have a big fire at the Hulk and the thing.
Speaker 4: Because they're greenland Redish?
Speaker 3: Is it red?
Speaker 4: I thought it was orange? Yeah, I know, but he's close enough.
Speaker 3: To read yeah, yeah, yeah. And as much as he was such a pleasant day until the Irish turned up and the kids, there's a bunch of Irish kids. Take us basket of cupcakes while she has cupcakes, I'm not too sure that it's Irish. Patrick stay cupcakes with the clover on top. Then Patrick Farreley arrives, He helps out, takes the cupcakes away from the kids, and he offers her a job at his cake store. At his bakery, I should say, I have a tasty one of the cakes. And March has a vision, what would we like working in an actual case store. And it's just her on the way to work, boxes in the car, and she said, Homer, I've got some great news. Homer says he'll use his one phone call to hear all about it because he's being arrested. Come to the court case now. And I didn't really get the joke about the hulk here. The Hulk wants to have his case transferred to another courtroom because you won't get a fair trial in downtown Springfield. Yeah, is there a joke there that I'm missing?
Speaker 4: Unless it's like a really ham fisted, a tempered like some racial commentary, I don't know a person of color could not get a fair trial in say a lily white area like Springfield.
Speaker 3: Maybe, But Homer's bailers said at twenty five thousand dollars because he's a three peat offender, a refender offender. Then he says he goes to the bad ones because the judge not suggest to him. Pay ten percent to shop to your court date. We'll have this all covered then, woof a take on Dog Surprised I didn't just get Dog the Boundie Hunter. Maybe didn't want to do it.
Speaker 4: Maybe Yeah, I think Dog the Boundary Hunter strikes me as someone who takes himself very seriously.
Speaker 3: Yes, well or for the show, even though he looks the way he does. Anyone has that haircut. Though. If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discamp family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guyan Dando for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com, slash fourthinger discom.
Speaker 6: The name's Wolf and I'm a bounty hunter. If someone skips bail, I track him down and bring them back. I also take a tooth, make a plaster cast, put it on this necklace, then replace the tooth at my expense.
Speaker 4: Well, time to go back to.
Speaker 6: My world of sleazy bars, tattoo parlors, and greasy spounds.
Speaker 1: What a great job, and I could use a job right now.
Speaker 6: Whooh not just anyone can be a bounty hunter. You have to pass an online exam and no way they got rid of that. There is a ten dollars filing fee, but you can get around it. Congratulations, you're now about the Hunter.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised that he didn't. Maybe if he voiced the role, he would had a more prominent role, but he was just there to sort of be yes. It was a figure of the time reference to Bounty Hunter. Yeah, it's a bit of a scary movie kind of eh. Yeah you know this ah that show. I can't now know what bout the Hunter is. Yeah, Homo's first one is he setting the trap of football condos, bail jump is welcome, and Snake and Gloria driving around in Gloria's pregnant now is knocked up? She hasknocked up? Indeed? I mean then chase a snake into the alley and this is the mountain we're talking about earlier where it's like you could shoot me and I won't be able to stop you.
Speaker 1: But now, are you gonna come quietly or do I have to? Now, let's think about this. If you shoot me, I won't be able to stop you, and you'll be free to go, but someone may come after you, probably not giving your reputation for shooting people who come after you. What I'm trying to say is not shooting me now would be the biggest mistake of your life.
Speaker 3: Come back from commercial and the bullet flies off the bulletproof glass and hit Snake in the arm. I want to say, what do you think of Flanner's having to say bulletproof glass, like you have to explain it. I guess I guess you have to explain it because I think you might have to explain Ye. Yeah, was like that. I don't mind. Hom So basically Flanners tries to talk Snake out of it, saying, you know, if you take responsible for your actions, you might be on the right path and out having a better life.
Speaker 4: And it looks like Snake's about to change. Man.
Speaker 3: Homah comes with the bag over his head. I love that this case is in the bag. Pretty good catchphrase, good a catch rack, and it's his stick. Now every person puts the bags cases.
Speaker 4: In the bag, plastic bag on the head like that though.
Speaker 3: Then Fanners is cleaning his window in the store and he says, it's nice backing. Now watch people, what buy my store? Thanks for shopping elsewhere, and Homer brings in a thank you card that says, thanks for saving my ass a big Yeah.
Speaker 4: What a cash it looks like a nice, sizable one.
Speaker 3: It did, Yeah, And he says, we make a great team. You're kind of smart, I'm cool and strong. Together we are two great tastes and taste great together. It makes something though. Promise though, if we're going to be a team, you have to do everything by the book. And he says, we have no diddlies or doodles if you get to say deal Runey's I know. Marge is now baking for Patrick and she's confused, why are you making me any baked rog stears and half moons? Yeah? And then Patty and someone arrive and he goize, oh, it's one of those stores, because just by doing those shapes, I didn't quite know what that was meaning. Look, what would a half moon be? A boob?
Speaker 4: I guess or a butt? I get two of them, two of them, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: So yeah, clearly. I've never bought an erotic cakes, nor have I. Yeah, I just never eaten one, never seen one. Well, I don't think i've ever seen one.
Speaker 4: If you're imagining enough, all cakes are erotic.
Speaker 3: You've got them to be. Yeah, Patty and Summer especially, they love it. A bachelorette party for a girl who's a bit naughty, and it's going to be tasty and tasteless.
Speaker 4: I like that line. Yeah, tasting tasteless. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Marge realizes here and then Olive he leaves them with the fold of suggestive Canoli's. That's when they're like, oh, Marge's furious, but he says, you know, it feels most of my customers are married couples. Feels the need and it harms nobody. Marge's got no comeback. She's like, oh, you got a point.
Speaker 6: My number one customers are married couples, your friends and neighbors.
Speaker 4: I just need a custom order for the Hibberts.
Speaker 6: It's an exact replica of the Good Doctors.
Speaker 4: It's not what you think it is. God, it's a penis. That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm wondering who the first baker to come up with like an erotic variant on a on a tasty pastry. I'm betting that it happened somewhere like in seventeenth century France or somewhere like that.
Speaker 3: Long time ago.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm betting. Yeah, you get you know, you imagine we're talking about the French earlier, love them, love the French. I have truth, And if you look at it this way, it looks a bit low.
Speaker 3: You just love You've got off this accent. Then you go on to the French accent.
Speaker 4: Oh love them. Well, I can't do the Mexican anymore. You saw what happened. Click. We're waiting for that episode in South Park. It's like this is going to be twenty minutes of dead air. But no, I can imagine the French sort of doing something that was like maybe, if you look at it from this angle, you on those elements popular pie. That guy was a hero and got canceled.
Speaker 3: I know it was originally a space dam too, and they pulled the pin.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, he's a sex pest, literal sex pest.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 3: But the Patrick here says, march a gift, go to waste. You've got to do this, and we have good neighbors boundy hunters.
Speaker 4: Was this little tune of Electric Avenue was yeah, which makes everything better? It was well okay to the accompaniment of Electric Avenue by Eddie Grant. Yes, fantastic song.
Speaker 3: Just before that, though, we have Flannders thanking God for the amount of criminals he sent down for him to catch, and Homer abusing his used of the taser.
Speaker 4: Do you know anyone who owns a taser owns a taste? But I know someone who is in the police is in the police force, and part of your training courses, you have to get tased. You have to get tased because you have to know what it feels like. If you're going to be doing it to somebody, you have to that way. You don't just because if you didn't know what it felt like, you might just do it really nearly realize how much it hurts.
Speaker 3: So it's really hurts. It's trying to teach the police do it if you have to, because this is what is what it feels like.
Speaker 4: You know, Do you also have to get shot?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: You I think you do with the best on Yes, really the bullet Johnny Knoxville. But it's not a bullet. I think it's a like just a lot of paletteeah, like a rubber bullet.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nikola had to do taste shid to do pepper spray basically, so she pep bray. Yes, so she had to stand at the end and they sprape up a spray into the and you have to walk through it with your eyes open. Yeah, that's part Nicholas police training.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, no good I'll be it. No thanks, all right, Electric Avenue.
Speaker 3: Yes, so montage here of them obviously go here not being very good at their job. They seem to be sucking up all the time. They catch some guys.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, I mean I never really watched Dog the bounty Hunter, but I'm imagining.
Speaker 3: It's not as we said. He seems very he seems very theatrical. Yeah, he's the Steve Irwin of bounty hunters.
Speaker 4: Correct. I imagine if you watched like an everyday professional boundy hunt, it'd be like watching a show about like an everyday private investigator. It probably a lot of it is probably paperwork and just steakouts and kind of dull. I don't think there's gonna be a lot of you know, foot chases or car chases or gunfights or fistfights or anything like that. I imagine it's fairly straightforward.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at Dog the Boundy Hunter here too, and he's got three shows. Now he's got Dodor Boundie Hunter like now, I mean no, no, no. So once Dog the Boundery Hunter finished, it was Dog and Beth on the hunt. Okay, and then it's dogs most wanted squeeze every lars but the juice out of that brand. I guess Dog, well, he murdered somebody, excuse me, murder of Jerry Bowers Oliver. In the late hours of September fifteen, nineteen seventy six, twenty three year old Dwayne Chapman, who was doctor Boundy Hunter, tweeny two year old seventeen year old and nineteen year Olah Blah armed themselves and drove to an address the home of Jerry Bowers Oliver, thirty four year old resident of Texas. Oliver was known to sal marijuana and the group planned to rob him. One of them entered Oliver's home while Chapman, Fisher and guys are waited outside by their vehicle. Around eleven forty pm. Oh this friend shot Oliver in the RP at close range with a sawn Off shotgun and the group all.
Speaker 4: Fled the scene.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming I keep winning. It's like and this was the moment where Doug realizing his attorney's life around. And it is a chase the criminals, not b one.
Speaker 4: Crime does not pay except when I'm chasing the criminals, and then it pays really well.
Speaker 3: Dogsmost Wanted in twenty nineteen, additional spin off featuring Dog and Beath called Dogsmas wanted to add for a single season, Dog Unleashed. His new series was canceled in twenty twenty one before it aired, canceled. That's a film, an entire. It's not the movie, the Waally Coyote film. Oh yeah, finished, The film's done. It could be released tomorrow. But it's like noride off as a tax, right, that's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the same with Bad Girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is incredible.
Speaker 4: Warner Brothers, they're just dropping the ball.
Speaker 3: They have no fucking idea what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's terrible. Everyone hates Warner Brothers at the moment for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the mallaid reasons.
Speaker 4: The most recent one is Clint Eastwood, absolutely living legend, one of our great screen presences, and you know, great directors as well. Ninety something years old, he's still with us. It's Margaret Mary Age. He's made this movie called During Number two. Apparently it's really really good, just a good, solid, mainstream legal thriller. Warner Brothers is like, uh, yeah, we don't see a lot of money in this. We're going to put it in like maybe fifty theaters, and no, we're not going to report on any box office takings or anything like that.
Speaker 3: You're a movie studio and it's Clinton Eastwood.
Speaker 4: It's Clint Eastwood. I mean, apparently the guy who runs Warner Brothers kind of like, oh, it's show business, not show friends. Someone very wise I said, this guy has made money for you recently.
Speaker 3: It's not like it's not like Yeo's Zoieberg's uncle.
Speaker 4: I was about to diss Brandon Fraser here, but I mean there was that whole thing about Brendan Fraser. Harry was like, oh, we're glad he's back, and you know, patting on he had like his three headed dog, three legged dog or something. No, this guy is still vible, still making money for you guys, and you're fucking treating him like a red head steptot fucking.
Speaker 3: Up and joker too. I wouldn't to do any fucking audience.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they made that. That's the rod they made for their own back. But this was this was like a deliberate just own goal on their part. I don't know. They fucking up, very disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: No good, no good.
Speaker 3: That's what happens when you know, two conglomerates come together and no one fucking knows who the bosses anymore? Correct, Yes, yeah, anyway, it's enough ranting about WBD. But Homer is you know, they're doing the montage of Homer and Flanners of catching up the criminals, and Homo brings home some shellcasings for bar. As we said earlier, point the bolts away from your sisters when you hamm of them obviously know what they are. It gets a new chemistry set for Lisa, which is from a meth lab, the greatest, the biggest meth lab in Springfield, whatever. And she said, that's evidence evidence that I love my little girl. Good line, good line. Yeah, and he's you're a dozen roses for Marge, and Marge's got here.
Speaker 4: You don't have to count their actions an actual dozen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Marge, you think is gonna get give him a cake, but she gives him a sterling silver picture frame with the kids inside, and he suggests you should make a cake for this his birthday. She slaps him and says it's muscle spasms. Then we get the steak out for fat Tony at Luigi's. And as we're saying earlier, I just really like the ac DC because we're Australian and they're from up the road.
Speaker 2: Du but little steak up music, Homer, I don't think we have the same musical tastes.
Speaker 1: Well. I like ac DC.
Speaker 2: I like their Christian cover band a DBC. Kindly Deeds done for free, Kindly.
Speaker 7: Deeds John for free, candy Duds for free, Candy Deeds Durander done for free, candy Deeds Turnder done for free.
Speaker 2: Hmm. I've never seen anyone eat pizza like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, you gotta try it this way to Pepperoni, stay in tac tillate, reach your stomach then bam.
Speaker 3: It's always you mentioned in the Movie Guy podcast recently, you and Leonnon were talking about how it's great when you suggest a film to somebody who they might not ever seen or heard of, and they really enjoy it. Also is that when you suggests like a food, you're going to try this food, and they taste like.
Speaker 4: It was great, like I know another convert on the course.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, and it's having a great time. And then they see fat Tony they chase after him. And if we just get another bit of a chase sequence here, don't we we do we need? And Homer has no I think he's indifferent to human life or something. So basically you can see here there are two ways of going about it are starting to really differentiate because you can say he always runs overge Yes, he always runs over Selma with a cake in her hand, which is a little call back to you know, and that results in a terrific joke Yes, with Charmers and Skinner. They drive into the subway and then they catch fat Tony chokes him anyway with the bag, and Homer is annoyed that Flanners is not turning out as bad as the people that they chase, and then Flanners says, there's time. This relationship is over. On the way home, just like a little married couple, take your foot of the gas in the hill. I'll take your foot off the pedal. You'll see some gas going down hill and tries to check himself because he's had enough of it. Homer is now sad moping around the house. He wants one of those extra long twinkies that Marge has been baking, which were unfortunately with the smith's commitment ceremony. It's nice that in twenty twenty four and it's not for a commitment cemeron anymore. Just cat a wedding.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: You have to commit to somebody. It's just you're marrying somebody.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: Marge comes clean, I'm in and everybody at bakery and she hit all the cakes in the vegetable draw in the food Slimber would never find them. I can understand with holding sex. Maybe cake but sexy. And Homer's not so sure about this, and Marcha just we have cake in bed, but first you're gonna have cake in the shower.
Speaker 4: Food in the shower.
Speaker 3: No beer in the showers.
Speaker 4: We've said beer in the shower, yes, one of the best things in life. Food in the shower. I can't think of any that really work.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I once had a friend who lived with the guy rented who used to eat his breakfast in the shower before he got to work to save some time, and he would leave the weep Bix bowls in the shower.
Speaker 4: No, well that's that person is just yeah substandard.
Speaker 3: You go into the bathroom and there'd be like two or three week Bix bowls in the corner in the show, just like you just add to it. You wouldn't take them out.
Speaker 4: This person though, clearly thought they had, you know, the grind set going on. They clearly thought they were like a total sigma male.
Speaker 3: It's like seeing something Kraner would do. Don't you reckon, I'm saving some time, Jerry, breakfast in the showery crushing it, crushing life. The home is they're driving you around and he sees the sign for their business.
Speaker 4: It's all sad.
Speaker 3: Flat has walked in and tells like a Jim that he's at the business now. He's not going to do it anymore, but he has one last job for him. He says, give it to Homer. Can't be home because it is Homer. It is Homer. He says, well, if you don't, don't going to give the job to one of these other boundy hunters, and one of them is from Planet Terror.
Speaker 4: Cherry Rose, Cherry Darling, True Darling, Choe Darling with the machine gun.
Speaker 3: L one of them was Joe Darling.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh my goodness to Tarantino shout outs in one episode.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched Planet Terror since the first one. I watched it, like how long ago? Twenty years ago? Now ish? Two than seven ish? Wasn't it about that? Yeah, it wasn't blown Away White. I think it's fun or maybe it was the first one.
Speaker 4: Well there's two. There's two movies in the groundhouse. There's Planet Terror, directed by Robert Rodriguez. It's death Proof Tarantino.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's proofs. I think it was what I just got went. It's fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can I put my film nerd hat on a bit of a teeth of the movie guy here? Absolutely? But yeah, you've got the two movies in grindhouse. It was a novelty of having a back to back back to back, and you know, you're Robert Riegue is the maker of you know, El Mariacci and Desperado, and you've got Quentin Tarantino. Rodriguez is doing the one that's real more of a crowd pleaser, like a bit of a video Nasty Tarantino is making one that actually feels like a grondhouse movie from the seventies in that they had the budget to maybe have one good car chase, but then we've still got fifty minutes to phil and no, we'll just have people talking, and that's basically what it is. Yeah, I think they not turned a lot of people off, but they're like, not a lot of grind in this greenhouse. Where's the grinding? Where's the house? Having said that, great performance by the aforementioned Kurt Russell.
Speaker 3: I do remember one of the girls putting Jeep store onto the jukebox in the film, and I was like.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, my lady, Oh my damn.
Speaker 3: But so he's out of the business, and Flanners takes the who takes the one last job because does want any of these people to get Homer. He wants to catching himself so he doesn't get hurt. Homer gets home, it's dark inside and Flanners is in there. That is a bit of a boss moment here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hello, hello, anybody home?
Speaker 2: You jump bail Homer?
Speaker 4: I got to bring you in.
Speaker 1: What have you done in my family?
Speaker 4: I figured a good.
Speaker 2: Time to pick you up was when they were at Lesa's recital and who did you know I wouldn't be there, lucky guess.
Speaker 3: Then we get a chase sequence. He's chasing after Homer. I really liked the planetarium. The planetarium bit though, Oh yeah, well it's like you think, oh, they've got made it so yeah, okay, actually it actually works because they've made it so absurd that you could actually believe that they're going to be in space.
Speaker 4: Actually that was good because right, that's a good point. It's so ridiculous. And then oh, okay, that's just either on the planets in the top of it, because they had the music plane as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it actually works. Yeah, I just really like the planetarium scene.
Speaker 4: They end up at a construction site, which he said was Sinerrow, Yeah, for Daniel Craig James Bond movie.
Speaker 3: And they have a bit of an argument here. You hang on to resentment like a Confederate widow, and Homer says, you know what, I actually did start to like you. We've had our odds over the years, but I'm hanging out with you. I actually enjoyed spending time with you. Flannder's and slips and then Homer has one of those visions where he remembers everything he's done for him. So we had him saying with the bullet Bart coming through and Flanner's ripping it up, saying, I'm not going to worry about Bart, and then Batman parody. You can never failed with the Batman sixties Batman parody, right, Oh my goodness, no no, and then he grabs his arm, but unfortunately he's also let go, so they're both falling into the land in the concrete and this is where he recites the Old Testament to Homa, which is apparently from a movie recite in the Old Testament.
Speaker 4: Really, I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: I'll go to the Wikipedia page, which I should have done, reverencing a scene in Waiting for GOODO, Good GOODO Waiting for GOODO. Apparently there's a scene in there where he's reciting the Bible or something. Anyway, been a.
Speaker 4: While since I've read or seen Way of Good to Go. Having said that, we talk to have this, but this struck me as a really good idea. Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter aka Bill and Ted were going to be in a Broadway staging and Waiting for Good I think yeah, which struck me as like, that's pretty cool. Yeah, they've gone beyond well, hopefully they've gone beyond Bill and Ted because you didn't like Bill and Ted face the music, did you.
Speaker 3: It's just one of those films where.
Speaker 4: There was no there was no gas in the tank.
Speaker 3: No, it just felt like, ah, you just made this just because you could.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also, Ke needs his beard now, oh my goodness, just like I do. Yeah, like, once you've seen John Wick Reeves, you can't go back. Apparently apparently the makers of John Wick were kind of like, oh you got a beard. No, no, people come to see counter Reeves kind of the beard and Gary is it, dude, I'm doing the beard and yeah now was like, oh, yeah needs a beard. Yeah, i'min that. Amazing though that people like, no, we can't have the beard. Of course he does John Week people idiots? Was it WBT?
Speaker 3: But as the police or I've taken Homer away, he gets arrested, Homer's in prison reading Marges later and yeah, just a very sweet ending.
Speaker 4: Especially because that you're in the love of my life, which is very nice.
Speaker 3: It was indeed, just as I said, when they sit the landing like this, and it feels not earned. It just felt natural natural. Yeah, right, yep, it did. Indeed, they were also giving Marge.
Speaker 4: The story here.
Speaker 3: I've just sort of thought about the story of the cakes gives her a distraction from having to be Homer. I don't want you're doing bout your hunting anymore is dangerous because fallen back to that, you know, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: There the other thing where I think Forrester's character, like Jim says something about I've also got a call from her work and you don't work there anymore.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that was like a gym, the bad one.
Speaker 4: That was like a gym.
Speaker 3: Yeah you say like gym.
Speaker 4: I did say like a gym. I apologize quite all right, what do we learn?
Speaker 3: What did you learn from the episode?
Speaker 4: That I've got to be very careful if I'm meaning kind only in public?
Speaker 3: Yeah, make sure that I depends if you're eating, So that's true. Yeah, are you balls first or and first? I think the holding the balls would be a good something to grasp onto to be sure that it doesn't drop.
Speaker 4: Well, if I was eating like a sexy can only, I mean your average can only is basically just shaft. Yeah, so you need who's the great Italian dessert that goes down a tree.
Speaker 3: That's that's a that's the sound bite there. It's basically just shaft.
Speaker 4: Feel free to turn that into a TikTok.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, I learned that you shouldn't start a series about badtownt anymore because it'll be councels before it even gets the time. Yeah begins bout hunters even things. Anyway, do you ask me a question like, do bounty hunters exist?
Speaker 4: I'm guessing they do.
Speaker 3: Like I know of deck collectors, but bounty hunters, Yeah, I'm guessing they must. That's a great job title what we are. I've been a previously a minute bounty hunter. Should try it for a month, seving resume previous job about or.
Speaker 4: Even just I don't know how much work goes into actually being a PI, being a private investigator. I think you could probably just sign up or just you can do it fairly easily and just to be able to say, oh, I also do a bit of a private detective work on the side. It seems like people just look at you like, yeah, there's something a bad guy. There's stuff a bad guy. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Be careful what to say, man, he's he's a lot less dull than I thought he was. It seems like a job though, PI very lonely, but probably fulfilling. If you catch the bag. If some guy comes to you and says, off, some woman, my partners cheating on me. Can you find out for me and you find and you catch them, and you're like, I've be this person's life and find that person off who deserves it.
Speaker 4: I've ended his marriage. Yes, forward, your name will be all right?
Speaker 3: It is the guy Davis New Name Championship Round one for season twenty.
Speaker 4: We're doing the new Name Challenge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Hormoniby won last season. Yeah, who won again as Dan Dan the Man? He comment on Twitter?
Speaker 4: He did indeed, Yeah, well yeah he's a good Twitter presence.
Speaker 3: Yes he is, indeed. All right, So you're one point for oh yes, one point goes to oh it was about to say, we don't have to do the leaderboard.
Speaker 4: There isn't one. Yeah, it's about to start. One point goes to wanted net or alive. I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: That is Zach Wood. What would he do? He would get one point point?
Speaker 4: You get one point two points zach Wood? Yet too, You're done Riffin. Yep, okay. Two points goes to do the Bounty Hunter. That's how man, Chris Clark. You said there some questions last week, Chris Clarks. Chris Clarke making his presence felt, making their presence felt.
Speaker 3: I think he's relatively new. Could be wrong to the relatively new to at least commenting on things. Anyways, Chris Clark, well done, two points. Well done piping up Chris, and well done getting two points for the Bounty Hunder. Three points goes to Cake and the Fatman. Oh, that's very good.
Speaker 5: His name is Jared. You gotta bed me. No history is repeating itself on the new name challenge. Jared's got three.
Speaker 4: Points and he's up on the table.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, to sit back going. Fuck it's Phil Hawkins, Phil Hawkins. Yes, yeahs.
Speaker 4: As always we must reiterate the guy Data's new name challenge is done blind. I'm picking these names of a list. They have no names attached to them, so it's not like him in the pocket of Big Jared or anything like that.
Speaker 3: It's a big pocket, big pocket because his name is Jared.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Well well done to to Zach, Chris and to Jared Jared yeaheah for uh yeah, the three two one on the new Name challenge rememberyone to be part of this, he's just going to be a supporter of ours on Patreon.
Speaker 3: You get access to the exclusive Facebook community. We get to banter a guy myself on a daily basis, and you get to comment on guys in there asking for some new names. And you're off to the races.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, So next episode of season twenty four four figure discount, we shall be reviewing the episode called Lost Verizon.
Speaker 4: It I built according to the brief capsule. Wats it on Disney Plus where I watch The Simpsons. I think Dennis Leary is a guest star on this episode. I shall have a spoiler for you, and it is indeed Dennis Leary as Dennis Leary playing himself. What a shock. And Brian Grazer Brian Grazers, Yeah, he's the he's the producer who in one of my favorite Simpsons again. Yeah, Ron Hawld's hold him the winning bags. But Brian Grazer is well, his partner in production company Imagine.
Speaker 3: Oh there we go. All right, So that is the next episode of season twenty we shall be reviewing. I think next week we're going to do a classic episode. Oh I can feel like it.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so we're not doing the next episode of season twenty, yes, but we're going to do classic vintage.
Speaker 3: So look at for that one in your feeds next week. This has been our review of sex Pies and Idiot Scrapes.
Speaker 4: Get it right.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to rate and review on some Apple podcasts, Spotify Revue. Do you find this show is much appreciated, and don't forget to check out guys new show. The Movie Guide with Malton and Davis is available on all your podcast apps now Spotify, Apple Podcasts podcast added Revoulus to the podcasts it is available. Please go on there, subscribe to it, give us, give the show five stars, leave a crin review, and just help get the show going.
Speaker 4: I mean, as a guy and the letter Malten feel free to give it five stars automatically, but I think if you listen to it, you go this is worth five stars. If I could give it six, I would look. I've had so much fun making it, and I hope you have a lot of fun listening to it.
Speaker 3: All right, send final words for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, to five thing.
Speaker 3: Blew it, I blew it.
Speaker 4: I have an idiot. Welcome.
Speaker 3: His name is Davis. You can't do the as show.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to four finger Discount, where we would never make you choose between substantiation and consubstantiation. I got there in the end.
Speaker 6: M