Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of the XRP podcast. This is going to be a special week because it is the week of the XRP Las Vegas event. If you guys are not going, I want you to extend a personal invite get out there to Vegas if you can and come by and see me because we will be doing a media event there along with a handful of different sessions there on stage, covering everything from Domin Phil Qualk will also be talking with Hugo. We'll be talking with ever North. It's going to be a jam packed week. So hopefully you guys get a chance visit the XRP Los Vegas dot com website. You guys can jump in on that. Listen. I have a big show today because we're going to be talking to Zach Rector, who is a favorite here on the channel, and we're gonna dive into some interesting things, not only the idea of where the market could be going, but is this the bottom and what is a good portfolio allocation for you? And we'll talk about gold XRP obviously and even security. So stick around for all that. You guys know what to do. Make sure I like and subscribe right now and join the XRP tribe. By the way, if you are not a member, get in on that. We are ramping up the member content here. You have been worn because I know everybody always gets a little upset if we do a member only but that's the way it works, guys. That's what we're trying to do is build a really solid membership here. And you know what to do. Just click on that little member tag down below. Let's go in. Zach Rector, the one and only. How are you, my man?
Speaker 2: You doing fantastic, Paul. It's a pleasure to be back on the show, Sir.
Speaker 1: I like, I hated what people call me sir, but I appreciate it. At the end of the day, I'll call you sir, Sir Zach Rector.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're wearing that beautiful suit, looking good as always, and I'm glad that you're going to be down in Vegas. Unfortunately I won't able to make it this year, but I'm glad that you'll be providing some coverage and give some content and don't party down there too hard without me.
Speaker 1: I'll hold up the end. I'll give you a couple of shout outs while I'm there. I'll make sure and say, hey, go over and check out Zach's YouTube channel, which you guys should be doing right now. We'll leave a link down below. He does a great job over on YouTube, covering a lot of XRP news, but also you get into a lot of other digital assets and more economic news as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I cover current events and the financial markets broadly, of course, focusing on crypto. I think it's still the best opportunity for sure. And just so everybody knows where my bias is at most of my net worth is in digital assets, so yeah, I've positioned myself in that, but I do hedge with precious metals. And then we just got to keep showing up every day, whether it be at our jobs, our businesses, because yeah, we'll talk about inflation, but it's not going to get any easier, and especially if you don't own these assets that are set to appreciate significantly even further.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think the point that people are starting to understand is that assets he's the only way out of this. Nothing stops his train. Lynn Alden's famous for saying that I agree with Lynn on that because it is a big issue. Peter Schiff is here though, talking about that the stock market is inflation. I'm showing a tweet right here, and it's not real value. So and he's basically saying, hey, when the dollar loses its value, everything appears to rise in price. It's an illusion. I have some pushback on that, but obviously he's pointing at the whole issue that everybody's getting robbed because of debasement, digital assets, gold also in play. I still think securities are un angled that everybody should be looking at. It's something I still participate in. But what do you think about his statement here saying this is just highway robbery if you're betting on securities right now.
Speaker 2: I think that the push into stocks is driven by people scared of inflation. Basically, if you're not making three four five percent on your money, you know you are losing and being left behind. And so it's driving investors and average Americans to have to speculate right whether you're speculating on the S and P five hundred or you're betting on sports this past weekend. It's basically the inflation, which is from the Federal Reserve and our government, is driving everyone to be more speculative, and this market punishes you for not being in it. So I think that there's a lot of complacency in the stock market right now, and it's working out so far, so good, new all time highs on the S and P five hundred, despite this war going on, despite the private credit crisis, new all time highs being printed. But we just actually got the worst consumer sentiment rapport ever now. And this shows the case shaped economy and the discrepant s between Main Street and Wall Street. And so we just have to understand that the S and P five hundred being at an all time high is not a representation of how Americans are feeling on Main Street. And that's the big difference.
Speaker 1: Well, and you kind of look at the two options here, I mean, because the argument I think a lot of people would have with gold is they say, well, all right, it's good for eras, and you know, times when we're seeing things like stagflation which could be happening very soon and or systemic crisis, which we have seen during two thousand and eight twenty twenty, you would think maybe now, even though it did have a run up. But the big problem with gold, at least my argument has always been that once it makes a run it usually goes into hibernation for a long period of time, so you have to be aware of that. Performance wise, I think over the long haul, the S and P five hundred is still outperforming gold if you look at long horizons and I'm talking about ten plus years. But short term, right now, gold has been doing its things. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: And for me, it's two different sides of the portfolio. Right on offense, you should be in stock. You should be in digital assets, maybe even more aggressive if you're into private equity, right in those types of securities offerings, but you have to have the defensive hedge. It might not appreciate as much as the stocks are crypto, but it's not intended to. And so I think the problem with Peter Schiff and a lot of these guys I respect and I listened to a lot of Peter is you got to distinguish between two different sides of your portfolio. You can't be all in gold, and you also don't want to be fully exposed to the stock market. With the looming correction, I think that we're all worried about.
Speaker 1: That's the thing I am very concerned about. And with that, you're probably going to see some activity on digital assets and risk in general. This was an interesting video that I want to play right here. Mike Noverret's talking about the supply on bitcoin, and the only reason I'm playing this is so without you could understand if this happens on certain digital assets, what goes on with something like an XRP. Let's take a listen. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: US retail has come back period end of story, and you see it through the ets, but most of you see it through micro strategy sailor the wizard of micro strategy. Michael Saylor is back and he is selling stock, and he is selling perpetuals, and he is buying bitcoin, and his premium is expanding, not contracting. What it means by now you're one hundred and thirty times an av. His m NAV is one thirty relative to the bitcoin he owns. And so he can sell micro strategy and make money, you know, create yield, as he says, for his investor. He dilutes his new investors are current investors, and he delutes his new invent and it's a creative.
Speaker 1: To new investor for old investors.
Speaker 2: And so it's a strategy that he has.
Speaker 3: Almost ah, He's almost the only guy that actually has this strategy built in, you.
Speaker 1: Know, all right, So I wanted to pause on that for that point. This is what Sailor has done is really started to make bitcoin an investment book in general outside of just not on the micro strategy, but if you look at Stretch, which is the biggest performing asset. We just had their CeON last week to talk about this. What do you make of these financial instruments? Do you look at these at all in consideration?
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've been watching micro Strategy and what they did. I saw that you had their CEO on, and I think that, you know, it's very innovative. I would just push back on the comments from Mike Democrats as far as retail being back right. These products are not being sold to retail. These are all institutional investors, hedge funds, insurance companies, asset managers that are funding and fueling micro Strategy. And I think that it is a serious play to force a supply shock on bitcoin, the you know, twenty one million supply with you know, the current market cap. It's possible, it really is. And I think that the institutional institutionalization of bitcoin has been something that a lot of bitcoiners have pushed back on, but I would argue that it's the reason why bitcoin traded above one hundred thousand this cycle. Without the ETFs, without the institutional spin financial rappers, bitcoin won't be, you know, up at the level that it's at in my opinion, So the bitcoiners have to have a trade off. You know, a lot of pure bitcoiners don't like this, But do you like one hundred k bitcoin? You know, do you want five hundred k bitcoin? The only way that that happens, in my opinion, is institutional for supply. I Shock, micro Strategy and Sailor have been pretty open about their objectives in doing that, and they're not the only ones. We'll see how successful they are. But yeah, I think that the only thing I pushed back is that retail, retail's not buying that product, retails not fueling that rally. That's the only pushback I'd give you.
Speaker 1: Look at this kind of supports your your position right there. Twenty six following the same book as twenty five. The difference is traders now have become much more immune to the extreme rhetoric that we've seen, you know, from the Trump administration, but also just in general of the macro and they're starting to respond differently. So to your point, institutional is playing a completely different playbook here and we're seeing these, you know, really quickly back to all time highs in terms of the SPX. Do you buy this right now or do you feel we are in for a major re tracement.
Speaker 2: So I have no interest in touching the S and P five hundred because on the risk on side of my portfolio, if I'm gonna play it risky, I'm gonna be shooting for hitting some multiples in the digital asset space. You know, I'm trying to hit a three to five x on you know, half a dozen to a dozen crypto digital asset positions that I have. I Am not trying to squeeze out another ten twenty percent out of the S and P five hundred, even over the next few years. That's just not of interest of me, because you have just as much downside risk almost right you know, some of our cryptos are down xrps down seventy percent from the all time high last year, or at least the full swing down was. So you don't have seventy percent downside risk in the S and P five hundred over the course of you know, nine months like you do in crypto. Sure, But like I said, if I'm on the risk on side of my portfolio, I'm there to hit it big, not squeeze out five to ten percent out of the S and P five hundred. I'm a thirty one year old though. Do you think far the risk curve?
Speaker 1: Yeah, big difference there in terms of time horizon. Do you think that we are in or nearing the bottom for this for the risk asset side of things digital assets?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that the inflows that we saw into AI, the hyperscalers, this was what drove the S and P five hundred to new all time hus and continues to is because people don't want to be left behind on that train, the AI train, the build out there. But eventually, and it looks like we're kind of close to that coming into correction. Is it a full blown bubble that pops and everything goes to zero. Absolutely not. This is the future. There's still going to be a lot of big winners, but we're correcting, and that's what's happening and unraveling in the private credit crisis right now. You know, David Sachs and the all in guys just talked about this on their most recent podcast about software as a service being repriced and private credit and even banks that have their business development credit facilities, they're exposed here. And it's the same thing that they're doing in real estate where it was extend and pretend yep, where they were extending out the mortgages, extending out the loans. Same thing that was happening in the commercial real estate space. This is now happening in the private credit crisis. That's real. If you talk to a lot of the private credit guys at the top, they're saying, it's nothing to worry about. This isn't systemic. When did we hear that last time? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Duringa nine. Yeah, and so there's definitely issues. Not everybody gets wiped out, but you know, I think that as this tops and it starts to correct, people will say, Okay, we've squeezed as much juice as we're going to get out of this one, and then that rotation occurs. The Russell two thousands already kind of sending those signals that there's an appetite to start the quotation yeah to digital assets.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think that's the point we're looking at here in terms of timing, because you have had a very accelerated run in this last year on the S and P. But at the same time, risk assets crypto in general have suffered dramatically. If you got in literally when Trump got into office, you're down significantly, no matter what asset you're looking at. So it is something that I think is on the fence right now in terms of what happens next. So to your point, if private credit becomes a time bomb and we look at an S and P, possibly that could see a retracement. The capital has got to go into you would think risk, but at the same time it could also go into just being you know, not in the market. So setting on sidelines, what's the probability of that?
Speaker 2: Do you think, Well, there's a good probability, but I don't think it lasts long. I think that you know, my general thesis right now, Paul, is we haven't seen the climax of this conflict in the Middle East. You know, that's not one of our topics for today. But that's the big risk right now and the reason why crypto can't catch a bid. The last thing that people are thinking about right now is digital assets. When they're worried about the war, they're worried about inflation. Six dollars a gallon diesel for my truck five dollars a gallon gas. Yeah, you know, the last thing we're going to do is bid on some crypto. But I think that once the climax of this conflict has passed, then the rotation starts. Now, during that climax you would see going from stocks back into treasuries. That real climax of the event a lot of fear, and it's going to be short lived. And I think that you get a V shaped recovery just like you got after twenty twenty. You know that's going to be very short lived, and then it'll be back to risk gone because people will feel fine bidding on crypto, even bidding back into stocks again. But as as we get past that event, then we can start to see inflows pouring again. I think once that fear has subsided.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the thing I'm concerned is the tailwinds of all these potential issues happening all at one time. Whether you look at the energy pressure that we're seeing coming out of the Middle East, you look at private credit, obviously, the situation with the fed you just had this morning. I'm showing on screen right here, Bitcoin just flash crashed to seventy seven. That was sixty eight million in longs liquidated in an hour. I know that's not a lot, but the point is is that you're going to get these kind of moves and you could see that, all right. The problem in their statement is right here is no clear catalyst and there was no headline that really caused this. I think it is the cumulative nature of the macro pressure that is playing into this, into the mindsets of a lot of these traders, because to be honest, all this is really sentiment and now you're in the sentiment of you know, really the biggest people out there in terms that are making a lot of the moves in whether it's institutional or even in the crypto market right now. So I agree with you. I think we're yeah, we still got time, folks.
Speaker 2: You know there's still opportunity in this market. Okay, it's it's for me, right. Most of my portfolio's long crypto long XRP as most of my net worth. But in the past couple of weeks, what I've done to you know, basically call out the bluff of peace talks. The first round, I went long oil leading into that week. Oil got smacked back down because peace talks were going to take place in Pakistan, right, And my bet was simple, we weren't going to get peace and that we weren't going to get any you know, substantial peace agreement from that, and we didn't, and so I made about three percent profit on that oil. Long as oil I'd shot up to one hundred and five five dollars when the Sunday futures opened up because the peace talks failed. I tried to do the same thing last week. Oil had closed off at eighty four on Friday. I set my bid at eighty five, and when the Sunday futures opened up, it hopped right up to eighty eight dollars. So I missed my trade, and then we went back up to ninety eight ninety nine dollars per barrel on oil last week. So I failed on that second one, but the idea was right and then currently right now, just so everybody knows my bias, I am in a Bitcoin short, so my bet was that we would reject off the eighty k level. I went short bitcoin last week and I'm still holding that and so it's a way for me to hedge my ridiculously long position to make to capture some profit during this volatility and the chaos in the war.
Speaker 1: Right Well, and you've got some other things happening right now with Ripple that I think will start to set up a lot of this. Korea's k Bank entered into a partnership with Ripple just this week, so they're going to test some banks testing guess what cross border remittance is, including the UAE and Thailand, So they're starting to implement this. I think the real question is once that clarity comes through, how much of this is going to put pressure on these countries like Korea, the UAE, Thailand to where we see the US banks trying to make it on the world stage now that they can possibly do cross border payment, because most likely Ripple's going to announce some pretty big banking partnerships once this is done.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Yeah, the only place that they didn't continue growing during the lawsuit was in the United States of America, at least not visibly. I think that a lot of work continued under the radar, but that lawsuit did hamper growth in the States. They continued to you know, see on demand liquidity grow into tens of billions of volume outside of the United States, right, but lawsuit being completed helped, you know, the case for XRP and helped ripple We've definitely seen some US partnership start to come through. But I think that the XRP community needs to understand that even if we know XRP is not a security, the banks and the institutions don't have the rules of the road for how they can use it. And until they do, you're not going to see the institutional liquidity at scale. And so, you know, I think that that's been a big point of confusion in the community is we're wondering, well, why can't XRPC mass adoption right now we have clarity, we don't need the law. Now. Yeah, you have clarity on the commodity designation that it's not a security, but what can the banks and institutions do with it? Exactly So, and the people that I'm talking to, the comments that I'm reading, we are so frustrated with DC and the DC dance not getting this deal done with clarity. I know you've been doing a great job reporting on all of it, but it's like, it's great for US content creators because every day it's a you know, it looks like it's going to pass. Next day it's pushed out again. They're incredibly frustrating for all of us. But just understand the banks would be putting up such a fight if this wasn't worth it. So think of that. You know, new incoming fed Shair Kevin worsh has exposure to digital assets. Why don't you the banks are putting up this big of a fight over digital assets. Why wouldn't you have some interest and exposure here? You know, So it's frustrating, it is just know that that is acknowledgment of how important this industry is.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. Well, and the point we were making there is when you look at the advancement outside the US, like what was happening in your Korea, then you look at the potential here for the US banks, it is going to your point, it is going to take clarity to relevant to create some relevancy here for the US infrastructure to play because they need the regulation to do it. So it's surprising sometimes when the banks and I often wonder if this is just a big ploy by the banks because This is going to be good for the banks in the long run, the smart ones. So that starts to make me think is there something else underlying here that they're waiting for to get this done the right way? I don't know. Hey, listen, this is an interesting state release right here by smoke. Let me share this over to you guys. You can kind of see this one right here. Ribels XRPL patent blocks rivals from developing comparable blockchain software. What he's talking about is Swift cannot replicate the XRP ledger, so the only biable option is to integrate. So what do you think about this? There is a there is actually a full on patent on this, you know, when it comes down to it. But do you think this is I mean, because remember that Swift is messaging only where XRP Ledger is messaging and settlement, So that's a different Those are two different products completely, you know. So do you think that that even bothers Swift, are they just going to continue on their model of message only? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that they're going to leave the settlement to the clearing houses that have been doing it for decades, right, They're going to stick to messaging. That messaging is going to get faster, and I think that they'll be connected to a lot of these blockchains. And I've always thought this Swift, we kind of have a blockchain agnostic approach like many of these bigger institutions are. They don't want to stick their neck out and pick any one blockchain at this early in the game, but they want to understand multiple I mean, look at Franklin Templeton. I know you've had some of their people on the show. They've done such a great job of running infrastructure on multiple chains, selling multiple ETFs for different cryptos, and I think that that's going to be the pro of Swift as well. And you know, to your point, we looked at this a few years ago. The ODL patent that Ripple has really secures that technology. So now it's just a matter of getting adoption. Like they have the patent for that flow and that technology is just a matter of getting an adoption. But the most recent tests that we saw out of Japan where they showed that payments were sixty percent cheap, are using XRP versus Swift plus. Like you said, you just don't have the settlement occurring at all in the Swift messaging, So it's tough to see how Swift kind of maintains any sort of relevancy in this future where messaging and settlement are tied into one. That's what the ISO two hundred and twenty two messaging standard was all about, was to make the payments and the messages for them more data rich and that allows Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's important to know too that. Remember, liquidity is still a major part of this as well, where if you route through Swift, you're still looking at pre funded accounts. You know, nostro vostro scenario plays into where versus like on XRP as a bridge or use it where you know XRPL would be using XRP as a bridge. So now you're getting on on on demand liquidity, which is conservably faster compared to what is it, one to three or four days right now, even though I think they're trying to improve that, I just don't know.
Speaker 2: And the client doesn't even have to touch XRP. They can exactly go to Ripple directly. Ripple will handle the flow and if they want to receive tie Bot on the other end exactly. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, that's that I think is the reality check that we are going to see. I think Swift and Ripple dice up the market into what percentage, I don't know, because I think they'll will still be the old stalwarts of the industry that want to use Swift, and as Ripple makes more of a play. I know Brad has said fourteen percent. I think it's much larger. I think he I'm more aggressive. I feel like it's probably going to be twenty to thirty percent of the market of Swift, which is significant, you know, in terms of settlement fees. So all this is good for XRP for sure of.
Speaker 2: Five to six trillion daily. If we just get a little sliver of that, Pietz, we'll be doing all.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, no problem, let's go there. What do you make of this? Right here? This is Tom Lee saying that bitcoin and crypto has bottomed and it's about to go parabolic right now? What do you think?
Speaker 2: We're very close, Like I said, until the climax of this conflict has passed, I hesitate on saying the bottoms in. I am not comfortable enough to say that we're going to go see a new low. I just don't feel comfortable putting out that call until we see the climax of this conflict, and not to get too deep into the geopolitics, but we're kind of into it so far that I think we have to commit to the regime change, whether that involves boots on the ground, whatever that entails. That's the climax of the conflict that I'm talking about, and I just worry that that could be one last catalyst that spooks the market to getting close to a double bottom. You know, is x aren't going to go back below a dollar, but right right, don't think going on screen, Yeah, Bitcoin, the bottom at sixty k probably will hold. Like it's going to have to be a big one to get us below those levels because now that we've had that accumulation in this range, and I've been talking about front running a dollar for the past two months, telling my community where my buy orders are at, which is right above a dollar, right above a dollar twenty. So I'll be front running a dollar all the way down to that level if this event does happen as I think it will. But then after that, absolutely absolutely, As I said earlier, once the fear of a world war six dollars Diesel four hundred dollars grocery bills. A friend of you guys with families, you might know what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, Once that fear subsides, then we can start to catch a bid again. We need interest rates to come down to and that path has been cleared with fedcher Worsh probably being confirmed this week. You thinks are going to come round? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. I think he's gonna play ball with Trump. I think the idea of FED independence as a joke, whether we're talking about too late Pal or whether we're talking about Worsh working with President Trump, and so I think he's going to come into playball. And the other thing is watch what they do, not what they say. The balance sheet of tea bills for the Federal Reserve is already exceeding the level it was at after twenty twenty and twenty one. Ye, so the money printers already going burr. It's just being done in a different fashion. And look at the Treasury. The Treasury's conducted its largest buyback in history about three four times now, which is fifteen billion of T bills bought back in a single day. And they didn't just do that once or twice they've done it, I think three or four times now, over one hundred billions since the beginning of December when they said they had ended quantitative tightening and they were gonna not start Qwe remember, Paul, do not call it quey, Paul, it's treasury reserve management.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: That's the same effect.
Speaker 1: You can call it whatever you want. It's the same thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like, you need to own these assets as much as possible, and you also need to understand that inflation's not going away, so the fear of the war being over is gonna pass. I don't expect inflation to go away though.
Speaker 1: What Okay, So well, for sure, I think this is something that we're going to be probably seeing accelerated inflation for quite some time. FED I think has to deal with the fact that we are not going to be hitting that two percent at some point in the future. Whether we get back close, you know, to say the new stable rate is two and a half or three, that would be significant. If we hit three, that would be astronomical in terms of impact on the US. So I don't know. This is going to be a tough one, for sure. I want to take a minute, guys and just invite you to join the Baron Market Edge private member group. You guys can do that by just clicking the link down in our description. This is your insider's edge to the AI and crypto money revolution, which is what we really focus on here on PBN. This is additional research that I do along with our team, and we have a pretty significant team on our research around not only what guides our episodes, but a lot of that research gets built into more content than I drop here on the Baron Market Edge. We do market trends and sentiment analysis, which can be anything from tokens to all sorts of strategies. This of course will also guide you over to our Telegram group and we give this as elite community access. You get bonus content over there, including tax guides as well as different kinds of asset guides out there that we drop all the time. This is your ten year vision in action. All you have to do, of course, is just hit that little subscribe button or join the community and get in on it. It's absolutely free, it doesn't cost you a thing, so check it out. Talk about stable coins because you look at RLUSD versus USDC and whether or not RLUSD could win the stable coin race because there's a lot of activity right now in the stable coins, most likely because of what I don't know if you saw the news on Circle starting to dominate here in the US over tether. I think Ripple has an opportun tunity here, especially with the Clarity acts, potential to maybe hurt yield focused competitors like USDC, which would favor RIL usd's payment settlement model. What do you think, Well, Ripple doesn't have to share in their profits exactly. Yeah, it's not even bottom line profits, it's top line revenue that USD or Circle has to share with coinbase, so that in and of itself gives us an advantage.
Speaker 2: And the other thing that I've pointed out is that Ripple was using their own custodian. They were using their own trust. Now they're using bny Mellon, but still just being able to do some of that in house I think helps. But they built this full financial stack, and that's what the institutions are looking for. Right when you go to Circle, you can get USDC and use USDC. It's on multiple blockchains and it's grown substantially and a lot of people in the United states trust it more than tether. The problem is is that you don't have financial stack around it like Ripple does. Right Circle and Ripple two completely separate different companies, And I think that Ripple has built out a much wider infrastructure, much stronger infrastructure, where that client, that institution or bank can come in and get full representation of all of those services that Ripple provides. That I think is what pushes Ripple ahead is they're going to be onboarding these institutions and banks. Combining this with the programmability that's coming to the XRP ledger, where these institutions could pair up RUSD with their deposit coin, their staple cooin, their token i zewer world assets, whatever that may be in the XRP ledger through permission domains, permission decks, the on chain lendings coming, and so it'll be a full institutional DeFi stack. So whether you want to just use RUSD without Ripple, or you want to use Ripple services, you'll have that option on an XRP ledger. And so that's why everybody in the XRP community needs to keep on cheering on ur USD growth and adoption. It is absolutely not working against XRP. It is complementary and supplementary to XRP, and and it helps bring liquidity to our ledger that otherwise would just be there.
Speaker 1: Big deal. Yeah, that's a big deal. One point six billion right now. Remember that Ripple and Rust was able to do that without any staking valuation in terms of paying yields versus pretty much every other stable point out there basically in that game. So I think that's another factor into this. Let's flip back to the FED for a second, because if.
Speaker 2: You look at all, if I could one second look watch, everybody needs to watch closely hidden Road, which is now Ripple Prime. They will use that prime brokerage and the trading that they're going to offer. I'm just aware that they're working with various partners in companies right now to be able to provide that yield to those partners as well too. So you'll be able to earn yield on chain on the XRP ledger through the lending protocol. But then I think anybody who's partnered up with Ripple will also be able to earn some yield through Ripple's prime brokers service that they're running as well too. That'll be interesting to watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that will be because you're exactly right. If we start to see those kind of activities, at least on the institutional side. That's the thing I think that we'll really bring our LUs D to the game is the institutional adoption and use case of our LOSD as it starts to roll out. And again, clarity is going to be the cornerstone, which is why Brad is so adamant of trying to get this thing done. Which is, you know, whether you like or not, I still like the you know, I'm still in the camp. I wish that we could get through this without banning yields because that, to me is a win for everyone. But the reality is, I just don't think the banks are in a They're not gonna play ball when it comes.
Speaker 2: Well, even if we can get it with some activity, you know, they call it rewards instead of yielding, you have to do a certain amount of trading or do some activities, I think that we would still be able to, you know, see the space thrive in that sense. But yeah, we'll be watching it closely. But that that ripple prime flow is three trillion per year. Yeah, and so as the collateral for that is r us D and a lot of those flows start to move through r o us D. R us D is the potential to grow rapidly, and just to remind everybody, it's already growing at a pace faster than tether did when it got started. Yeah, so I think it's gonna be playing ketchup in a big way if.
Speaker 1: You look at I want to go backward to the potential here around the FED and what the underlying situations are looking and not only look at this from a business perspective, because we run businesses. We of course we look at the FED funds rate. This affects a lot of lending. We work with a lot of companies that are out there in this same position. You look at the price shock right now that seems to still emerging from what's happening in the Middle East. And if we get a higher for a longer rate environment, which is my concern right now, this is where I feel like we would see a very big problem in a lot of banks because of the flow in which we would see loans coming on board, and if we don't see some potential rate relief, I think that's going to be a potential where this could underscore a much different outlook for the US in term of the economy. What do you think about that? If the market just slows down at this higher for a longer pace, this very uncertain situation in the Middle East, how do you think that would play out?
Speaker 2: It's going to be rough, because what people need to remember is just because the Fed funds rate comes down doesn't mean that the bond market's going to agree exactly. And that's what's already been happening, is that Jerome pal gave us a few rate cuts, but the bond market gave Jerome power and the Fed the middle finger. This is what I've been saying on my show for the past year now. The bond market's not buying it right, and this is why that tenure is pushed back up towards four and a half percent, towards five percent, and it's not going to provide any relief. The Fed can cut rates all day long, but if the bond market doesn't play ball, and nobody's forcing the bond market too, the bond market's got a it's a mind of its own and usually gets right. There's a reason why the bond want the bond purchasers want more yield. It's because they know that we're going to continue to run deficits. We have a huge debt problem, and we're going to continue to debase the currency. So they're saying, we need more for our money. And I think that that's the problem that we face here in twenty twenty six is that even within the new FED chair coming in, the rate cuts will already be priced in. And you know, even if it's a drastic you know, fifty basis or even he does a couple of rate cuts to get it down a full percent, the bond market has to play ball for it to make a difference. Is you know, we try to roll over trillions of real estate debt, we have a private credit crisis that needs to be solved, and we have record high student loan debt, credit card debt, mortgage debt and by now pay later being used for sixty percent of the cool kids going to Coachella tells you exactly where we're at in our economy, right, Higher for longer makes everybody bleed out more. And so yeah, until the bond market plays ball, we won't have any relief.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just not forget guys, this is still instability. I think a lot due to what's happening with the Middle East. I mean, you have US oil price is now hitting almost one hundred bucks a barrel now, especially even as we head out in this week, it's likely that we're seeing another whipsaw on you know, the progress of peace talks being you know, stalled again. So if we see another push toward one hundred dollars barrel oil, which remember is market price, that's what's driving that. It's market price. It's all the all the needs in the EU in Asia that drives our gas prices here. I don't know if people realize that it's not oil going up, it is the market paying more for it because the demand is different in terms of the supply side. So big difference there for sure.
Speaker 2: And even if okay, even if we open it up too, you don't get relief right away exactly. It's the same thing as the FED cutting rates doesn't mean you get relief right away you open up the straight you have a peace deal is a big deal. Difference between a peace deal getting signed for the press to take some pictures and the oil tankers arriving and reaching those production facilities and we're up to ninety seven dollars per barrel this morning, so we're already kind of trending back up as we start this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I think a lot of people are still saying that, you know, the futures markets are essentially lying, because the futures market are calling this for a much lower price, and I'm I think many people are saying, I'm not sure we're buying this yet, unless, of course, we get something major in terms of a relief in the Middle East, which is the bigger play here for sure. Last stablecrorn we've covered, I wanted to hit on one other things and we talked about the k bank move, which I think is a good thing right now. Are you expecting any major announcements at the XRP Las Vegas event.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to shiel any tokens, Paul. I guys watching ZBCN very closely. Though. We saw it run up last year in the XRP Vegas and my community was on that. We made some good money on that one. I'm watching it again. I'm actually going to be interviewing their CEO for the second time here at the start of May. But I would take a look at that one guys. They might be doing a partnership with Ripple. There might be something in the works there between ZEBEC and Ripple. So that's the project I would watch sure.
Speaker 1: To be there at that event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep. And so it's already ran up about seventy percent since I got into it a couple months ago again, and so that's one that I would watch out for. I do think that you'll see great conversations there at the conference as always, and it's a good mix of the retail XRP community, but then Brad Kimes has done a great job of getting these bigger institutional players in the room having conversations where they'll be more candid about, you know, what they're saying. And I think that as far as announcements go, I would be on the lookout. There's there's some big breakthroughs right now on the amendment side on the XRP ledger yep. And so I'm interested to see Ripple maybe talking more about how the lending protocol will roll out some of those things. The clock bros Are going to be doing their uh yep, that'll be.
Speaker 1: Interviewing them on stage. We'll be talking about that. Yeah, But there's there's a lot of interesting I think situations that because of the timing, you know, as you can see, I mean, you see all the companies right here. I'll just click on that just to show you. I mean, this is Lair two.
Speaker 2: Flair is to keep on.
Speaker 1: Well, there's the back right there. They're a top sponsor. I trust you've got Solana that's going to be there. Flair is gonna be doing. We'll have Hugo on. Uh. It's going to be quite a h there's virtual protocol coming in. Bit wise, of course there's us. There's a lot happening out there. I think we may end up seeing something pretty big happening. So you guys go over get your tickets. If you are going to take a late flight into Vegas, you can still make it. It's Monday as we record this with Zach Rector, and all you have to do is make it in two days and twelve hours and you're there making it happen.
Speaker 2: It's always it's always cheap and easy to get there to Vegas. Paul. It's a matter of getting out with anybody.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's terrible, it's terrible. Yeah, Hey, what do you think about Vegas right now? I mean, I'm seeing such a I have some friends that have real estate out there. They're telling me that the market is falling apart.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, it's one of the metros that we pointed out last year. We started to talk about the real estate reset is what I called it, and Vegas was flooded with a bunch of the builders. Any of these markets where the builders went berserk are correcting pretty hard right now. The builders are doing a lot of rape buydown incentives. So I'll tell your community the same thing I tell mine. Go beat up the builders in these markets in Vegas and Phoenix and Dallas, Fort Worth, most of South Florida. It's a great opportunity. And I think it obviously real estate's and asset class that we continue to pay attention to. It's for sure so important to our portfolio and just our wealth as a whole, so be strategic about that. And I think that it has become a buyer's market and a lot of these bigger metros, So yeah, go take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: I like it. Zach Rector always fun chatting with you guys. Make sure I visit Zach over on YouTube. Follow him there. What's your Twitter handle?
Speaker 2: Zach Rector seven.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Zach right yourself. My name is also my website too, so just Zach record dot com. Everybody can find my our social media and stuff there.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, guys, we will catch you later on the X or papod. Take care,