Speaker 1: Get ready, oh man, April eighteen, twenty twenty five, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar.
Speaker 2: I think that's right. Anyway, it is Friday night, and that means it's time for the open mic, and of course I got to air late, so this will not even be a full two hour podcast unless I run over clock eight too, and then screw everything up for the rest of the night because at ten pm Eastern we're supposed to start the Age of Transitions and uncle the broadcast at eleven, which means from eight pm to about midnight or a little there after we're live here on ochelly dot com Radio. But most of you don't care because you just catch the podcasts anyway, which means you can't call into this show, which means you suck for our purposes tonight three one nine five two seven five zero one six, that's the number to call.
Speaker 3: Four.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm still trying to sort out what we're gonna do when we have to switch off of the Skype platform, not because I use Skype as a call in number, but because I use it as part of the system here and May fifth it's going anyway. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. I'm gonna try and keep that number. If not, I'm gonna stop paying them and start paying somebody else. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's the number to call, and you can join us here live on the air and talk to us about anything you want. Gotta say, it was an interesting day. The President of the United States went out and read off somebody's domestic violence record in the White House. Never thought i'd see that in my I would not have had that on my crazy Bengo card. It didn't matter if it was Trump, if it was Bieden mumbling about Teddy Bears, I would not have guessed that even an insane person would have done that. But Donald Trump did it today. And now we're being told that the guy that we were being told was innocent is not so innocent because he's a gangbanger and he was beating his wife and so on and so forth. Gotta tell you. I also went through a discussion with somebody about how bad I can be made to look if I got dragged off to Al Salvador. And I wonder if anybody's gonna consider that nas screw it, get rid of the gangbangers, I know. Anyway, does that matter? Hey, he got out some more stuff and we have MLK and RFK documentation that was sitting at the National Archives, and some stuff that wasn't waiting to be processed now being processed, now being made available. I don't know what to think of it yet because I haven't been through it all, but it did come out. Let's see today. From what I can tell, I think it's marked on the NARA website for the eighteenth looks like it is. Anyway, that's available to you today, and I'm trying to figure out who it is we're gonna invite to answer to talk about MLK and RFK because I'm on that planning committee. Maybe you guys want to talk to me about that. Maybe you got other things in mind. Anyway. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six BP. How's your week been.
Speaker 3: It's been pretty good. I've been able to finally relax some. It's been great. But then we'll get out every day, go for a walk, just some stuff done around the house. I'm enjoying retired life.
Speaker 2: Enjoying retiring, Yeah right, because you were working like constantly and now you're not, uh.
Speaker 3: Well, before.
Speaker 4: I mean, the schedule was I had about thirty six hours home over the weekend. That was it, unless I was traveling to doing work and then traveling back. So yeah, I'm really enjoying this. I can finally get some craps done around here.
Speaker 2: Well, you did have a lot of crap to get done around there. I remember, God, was it almost two years ago that you started talking about working on the yard?
Speaker 4: Two and a half almost three years, I've still got a tonne of landscaping to do. I mean, being gone like I was before, even.
Speaker 3: On the other project.
Speaker 4: It was, you know, sitting down any time during the week at all, and had two days on the weekend. Now I can play in my days out, work around the weather, and enjoy crap. I mean, it's nice to be able to walk downtown to get cigarettes, you know, and you know, spend spend time in town.
Speaker 3: It's nice, enjoy it.
Speaker 2: You know what I often end up doing when I've got any sort of free time if I know anything about where I'm living, as I find a place to shoot pool if I've got you know, time, and I don't know, a friend and a few dollars because I don't like shooting by myself. But you know, but if I go out, I mean.
Speaker 4: That's something that once I get done doing what I got to do the house, I could go and get my old.
Speaker 3: Pool table back from the guy I sold it to. He hasn't even put it back together yet. It's still in his basement. So I could get that bad bring it back to set it up.
Speaker 4: I've got room to do it. It's time that there's a section of the house that was built over and exists in the concrete porch, and so they left the concrete in place and Florida over the top of it.
Speaker 3: There's not a lot of play in there.
Speaker 4: But I'm thinking of going in there, reinforcing that floor, taking all the way down flat to the concrete, and then put my pool table.
Speaker 3: In that room.
Speaker 4: I don't have to worry about it getting out a level or keeping it adjusted and crap like that, because it gets expensive maintaining a big pool gable.
Speaker 2: Hey, let me ask you a weird sort of housekeeping question, and not housekeeping but really like a home improvement question. How difficult do you think it is to take care of the piece of pipe on a basic kitchen sink? Right?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: From let's just say you got you got a leaky sink, you got bad pipe going from you know, the sink to the floor, and you don't want to replace anything, but you want to just patch it all back together. And it's mostly a PBC mess. That shouldn't be all that difficult to do, should it.
Speaker 4: Well, depending on where the leaks are, if it's at a joint, I mean you could.
Speaker 3: PVC is pretty cheap.
Speaker 4: You could replace most of the pipe under your sink, I would think for under fifteen bucks. Okay, But and the products that they make now allow for a lot of the safe free space where before everything was metal pipes and it was trimmed exactly to the joints and everything else. Right, you can go in there today, pop your drain off, your trap, off your pipe going into your drain, and they make a lot of flexible stuff that has sections in it that are either rubber booted so that they will adjust.
Speaker 3: It's real simple.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's really you could probably do it, I know for under twenty probably replace every pipe under the sink.
Speaker 3: Is it a double sink or a single sink?
Speaker 2: It's a double Well.
Speaker 4: There's just your PVC have crossed over to the main train straight down, and a lot of these under below your trap.
Speaker 3: You just get this piece.
Speaker 4: A lot of them have a flexible boot that allows you to you don't have to line up perfectly and you just screw the clamp down and you're done a lot of gluing and crap like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, that's what I was thinking, is like, if you wanted to shortcut it, you get like one of those cans of flexical Maybe, yeah you can.
Speaker 4: I mean there are certain products you can use that'll seal PVC. The problem with PVC is once it gets a crack in it, if that open crack will start aging, and the crack can get bigger and eventually it.
Speaker 3: Could just crumble. I mean, PVC's only rated for so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was thinking that the worst it would be would be like forty dollars worth of stuff, and then trying to figure out, see, if my eyesight didn't suck, I would do it. But I can visualize how to do it, but I can't really get it done.
Speaker 4: At least everything they have now you pay a little more for it, but you can get non glue fittings.
Speaker 3: Where you're not having to cut your pie glue together. But PVC is really simple though for people that aren't used to be.
Speaker 4: And doing DYI stuff. You get a good can or good brand of glue, right, and basically it's you know, you cut your you lay everything out and cut your plastic. You don't even need you know, a big saw to do it. It's simple. I've got a pocket knife I can cut tall PVC with. But you can put everything together. And glue is just simply all the way around. Smear it all and stick it together and give it a minute. It's setting up.
Speaker 2: Fair and simple, fair enough. And look, you never know what we're going to discuss on this show. And we also got a caller already, but remind you guys again if you're listening Live three one nine, and that's by the way, if it's let's see, what time is it. I know we started late, but it's about seventeen minutes after eight pm Eastern, all right, which means it's uh, let's see on the West coast, that would be five seventeen, wouldn't it five seventeen? Anyway, Sorry about your dinner time or whatever, but probably you're eating dinner late if you're listening to us, hopefully you are Anyways, I noticed we do have one caller three one nine five two seven five zero one six. I'd like to hear about anything and everything. And if you heard my news show from last night, you know, I'm kind of like just depressed about everything I'm reading because I almost don't care about the news. And that's a weird thing for me. I don't remember in my lifetime not giving a crap about the news anymore. But that's where I'm at. And I think a lot of people are like that unless they're looking for their moment of outrage, and I'm just not looking to be outraged anymore. I'm sick and tired of it. Anyway, maybe you are, maybe you aren't. Maybe you think I'm an idiot. Call in tell me about it. I'll let you. Looks like we got Danny on the line, so I'm going to bring him on. Danny. Did I thank you last week for sending the package or did I not? Yes?
Speaker 3: You did, Okay, You're more than welcome.
Speaker 2: Okay. I want to make sure that I got that across, because I really appreciated that, and uh and I wanted to thank you personally, and I just couldn't remember if I did it last week or I meant to do it last week because I get confused to be honest with you. Anyway, Great, So how are you what's on your mind this week? Brother?
Speaker 5: Well, it's good Friday.
Speaker 6: And I concur with Bpte because Peet's it was so much easier for plumbing, you know, basic plumbing than the trying to retrofit pipes or trying to fix you know, galvanies. Yeah, I agree, it's cheap, it's easy to easy to work with.
Speaker 2: Well, I want you guys to yeah, Danny and Bpete, I want both of you guys to know that I really appreciate this because I have no face to face friends, so I've got no other guys to check with. You know, guys do this right, a lot of us, you know. Okay, So I'm gonna I'm gonna tell a little secret. I know we don't. We have like next to zero women listening, okay, and that's what the demographics show me across the board. Podcast live doesn't matter. There's almost no women listening. Okay. So if you are a woman listening, I'm about to reveal a guy secret. Ready, Guys of all kinds, okay, whether they're the handy guys, or they're not the handy guys. Sometimes they surprise you and they show up and they can do stuff, and you go, wait a minute, I didn't even realize that guy could figure that out. He could fix this for me, or help me out with this thing, or do this or do this around the house. I know you're not supposed to be like that, because you know women could do it to whatever. Okay, let's be real. The guy all of a sudden surprises you know, you know how he does it. He checks with other guys. That's what I just did with Bpte. And now Danny's helping me out because Dan he's been helped out, and so is b Pete at some point. Now b Pete's more of a rugged guy. I'm willing to bet he's more of a rugged guy than Danny, but both of them are probably probably both of them are probably more rugged guys with their hands than I am. So I'm checking with both of them right now to make sure that what I'm seeing and what i'm thinking, what i'm you know, imagining as a guy is correct. And that's what I just did with his PBC pipe. Then, except that be Pete's filling in some more details for me, and I'm making mental notes. Okay, I'm just revealing what's happening in this conversation Danny. I'm making guesses. I've never seen Danny face to face. I don't know he could be the ultimate handy man as far as I would not know. I'm guessing, but I know B Pete, and I know B Pete's pretty versatile with his hands. Can do a lot of stuff. He can work on his own car, he can work on his own house. He can do a lot of things. Okay, I'm not that guy. I never happened. You want your computer fixed, I can usually help you. Okay, you want your audio equipment, there's something wrong with your TV, old or new, even I can help you. Some of these guys can't. Okay, some of the handy guys can't. They don't know what to do with that stuff. So what they do is they check with a guy like me. That's what goes on with guys when they socialize. Now, because I don't have friends in real life, I did that with be Pete right here on the radio. So I'm sorry. I wanted to reveal that to any female listener that could be listening and who knows, maybe guys who don't know this secret yet.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm concerned. I mean, why don't we have more female listeners?
Speaker 2: We have not in years and years.
Speaker 4: Maybe we need to address that. What can we do to attract more women?
Speaker 2: Have I looked? If you've got ideas, my brother, please either lay them out on the show or let's get to work with a you know, the think tank, because I used to have female Matter of fact, at one point I had way more female listeners than I did male. And then back in twenty I want to say twenty seventeen, I did a show about how there's only about three percent of women in the entire world that aren't hookers on one level or another. And at that point I had a massive drop in my female listenership. And I did that with with Sherry Wisdom on the show, and she was like trying to deny it and trying to fight it, and toward the end she kind of gave in and said that I was right about this whole dynamic, you know, sort of like what that guy Jeffery said, The comedian said, you know, ugly women don't know how much drinks the only ugly women know how much drinks cost, you know, stuff like that. And I was angry at that point, and I did a show, and yeah, I evaporated the female listen and he kept eroding and kept eroding. And there's very few of them out there. I mean literally, there's probably less than a dozen women that listen to this show at this point, according to the demographics, according to all of the metrics. That's where we're at. And listenership has been shrinking on me anyway, because I'm not either a on the Trump train or screaming like the Midas Network. So because I'm not doing one of those two extreme things, people are going away from me. And there was a whole exodus based on anti Trump sentiment that I had. So basically I've destroyed stuff. But the loss of female listenership have nothing to do with Trump.
Speaker 4: But with the loss with you not being on the Trump train, you think you would attract the number one demographic against Trump, and that's liberal college educated women, or they just don't have time because they're always sitting around pitching about shit.
Speaker 2: But they But see, you got to remember, I'm not a liberal, you know. I I believe in the Second Amendment right and and other things. I think drug prohibition is idiotic. Okay, so I'm a bad guy.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't like I don't call the police. I don't like them. I don't like family Services. I think they're an evil Uh, they're an evil network. I'm a bad guy.
Speaker 3: Trust me.
Speaker 4: Any college liberal college educated, liberal white woman would appreciate child Services if they had to deal with them either. No, that's you know, that's that's one thing i'm you know that you talk about a protective white privilege.
Speaker 3: That's where your white privilege resides. Yes, because liberal white college educated women.
Speaker 2: Yes, Because if you white privilege to a team, you are absolutely correct. Because if you live in a white middle class neighborhood, they do not treat you the same way with your CPS whatever they call it in your state. In New Jersey we called it DYFIS. Here they call it defacts. In Georgia. Other places they just call it CPS, child protective services whatever they call it. Okay, your health and human service branch near you that interferes with your life the moment they think they can guess what. They don't treat people in the white middle class neighborhood the same way they do a lot of us elsewhere, okay, And I'm telling you that that's a double edge cutting nasty because they either fail the kids completely and you know, leave them in places where their parents kill them one or they interfere in good meaning, well meaning people's lives to an unnecessary level and torture people that can't afford to walk through all the paces and all the crap and try to take your kids from you. They interfere in people's lives to a degree where they don't belong, or they ignore people and pets through it where they should. They're totally off kilter when it comes out. They should be handling things with every other place unless you're in nice white neighborhood. Seriously, okay. And occasionally they you know, you see on YouTube somebody tells them to f off and get off my property and you're trespassing, and they win. But that's not the majority of what happens. And believe me, they bring cops with them and everything else and kick in your door like you were I don't know, a gun runner in some places because somebody accused you of smacking your kid. If you're in the wrong neighborhood, and it's just no, I can't stand those people. And if you call I've had incidents where somebody threatened to call them on me, and I said, okay, you know what, you're now extracted from my life. I don't care if I'm blood related to you, You're gone. You don't threaten me with that. You're better off pointing a gun at my face. I will take it as less of a threat than pointing one of those agencies at me.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, and you think about a lot of government institutions that the poor people have to deal with, or let's say, let's less economically advantaged people have to deal with, and you can see some big changes.
Speaker 3: If Karen down the street, you know, had to deal with it instead of calling for the man.
Speaker 4: I mean, her biggest, her biggest thread in life is having to deal with the manager at Costco.
Speaker 3: When something's not right. Yes, getting involved with these.
Speaker 4: Government agencies coming at them, not coming to support them, but coming at them.
Speaker 3: You see a lot of craft change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it. And the thing is and when I when I had to face it last time, right, the last time I even dealt with those people in New Jersey, was the most ridiculous thing in the world. I had just gotten like basically separated from my then first wife, which I am so grateful to the universe that she dropped dead when she got served with papers from me. But anyway, I said that, Did I just say that out loud? I did? Anyway? Point is, uh, she said them after me because my son got out of my control early one morning when she sent them to me when I was sleeping on the couch at a friend's house and she gave me my son for the overnight because she wanted to go out, and I had him in a packing play. The kid got outside, the cops got involved, all this stuff went on, and she's making promises to them in one of these Karens. This is this is me dealing with like a girl who's like twenty two, who's got a degree in social work, who shows up and she's talking to me, and she says, uh, yeah, well you didn't answer the door right away and this and that. I said, well, was seven in the morning and I was up half the night nervous that I had my son with me for the first time, and yeah, I didn't answer the door at seven am. The first time the cops knocked on it. She turned that into maybe you have a drug issue. No evidence, no nothing, and then she said, I already have some records here. She had pulled records on me that I couldn't believe she had pulled on me, had gotten you know, something that I had made a suicide attempt a while back, and said, well, you tried to do it with drugs, so maybe you have a drug problem. I said, are you a moron? You know, trying to kill yourself with pills doesn't imply that you're an addict. Do you not know one problem from another? Well, I think you need to go to the drug program and the parenting program. Otherwise I'm going to take away your ability to see your child. I said, you know what, get the hell out of here, woman, leave, I have done talking to you.
Speaker 4: That's the problem, though, is these agencies have a lot of power to ruin people's lives and force them into you know, basically bankruptcy to be able to perform, you know, jump through all these SUPs.
Speaker 3: So you need to have to go to this class.
Speaker 4: But it's going to cost you, and you need to do this, and it's going to cost you and We're going to have people show up on weekends when you get kids to supervise, and that's going to cost you, right, And it's like, you know, you're not dealing with the problem. You're just providing a bunch of services that aren't needed and charging people for them so that you can pay the payroll of the people that are doing the shit. It's something as simple as I got pulled for a DUI. My lawyer says, look, before this goes to trial, they're going to recommend that you go to this assessment course to see if you have a drinking problem. I said, okay, I said, so how do we get around And he says, you don't you go first, go before we go to trial.
Speaker 3: You're going to have to go anyway, So you.
Speaker 4: Pay the fee, you go. You get done interviewing with this asshole, and he looks at you and I said, okay, well how'd I score? Well? I determined that you don't have a drinking problem, but I'm still going to recommend you for the program.
Speaker 3: I said, well wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, I'm you know I came here to avoid the program. You just admitted and have in writing right there in your notes that you don't find me having a drinking problem, but you're going to recommend me for a program anyway. Well, the reason is we're self If we don't refer people to the program, then we don't have people in the program, we don't make any money on the program, and the program closes down.
Speaker 3: Oh were you motherfucker?
Speaker 2: Well, isn't that an honest scumbag? You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Exactly, But this is the point exactly. But this is the contract. This is some contract counselor that the court system pays there in the county to take in these cases. He's making fifty don't held the price now probably up one hundred and seventy five dollars more than likely one hundred dollars for people to pay him to go in there and say, we're going to put you in this program that you don't need.
Speaker 3: But if I don't put you in it, I don't have a job.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you another that's government bureaucracy right there, staring you in the face of what could you do? You go to court and complain? Well, he said I didn't have a problem, but he puts me in a program, so it's self supported. Well, yes, because all those court costs that you pay aren't going to pay anything towards that program. So I got to find their own a source of income. Yeah, fine, we don't have a problem with that, right.
Speaker 2: And here's the other thing. Okay, ready to be pat Even if you do resist these things and you properly thread their needles and everything else, I'll screw you because Kim went through this and I advised her. They showed up one day because one of her teenage kids decided to you know, spout off because somehow a social worker was called on her from school. You know, she did something in school, so it got reported. So here they come, and they show up when she's no longer even living in the house with her kids. Right, this is when her and I first got together. And they're like, basically, this woman's got a cup in her hand demanding a urine test from Kim. I said, keyword, Kim, warrant because f you, you don't have a right to demand a urine test from anybody. And this woman looked at me like I was crazy. I said, you asked the cop over there. If I'm not lying, Kim, don't give them a damn thing. And well, they're going to just assume this. Yeah, they're gonna do that anyway, But you're not going to give them evidence or something that they can turn around and say, whatever, we have a questionable sample at the lab and blah blah blah. Even if your urine is clean, it doesn't matter. Do not submit. And I'm telling it was like the wildest thing because this kid turned around and was angry at Kin because she had just you know, split up with her then spouse who she left to be with me. Okay, and that that's that's what went on. So vindictive jerks get involved and then they need funding, so they run you through the ringer and they get you to go to these different programs and they assess you and all these other things to justify their existence. So no, I don't have any use for them. And uh, anyway, but you see the the but you asked me, right, the the educated liberal woman they believe in this crap. This is the only thing that's going to keep us from mass shootings.
Speaker 3: This is the only or the majority of them when they have jobs. If it wasn't for pros like that shit.
Speaker 2: Well, that was the other thing I was going to say, and I held myself back. But you know what, since you said it, I'm going to tell you right now, that's the whole workforce for CPS is those women. That's their entire workforce. So you know what, don't listen to me, all right, But I don't like it that we've got, you know, one percent female listenership. What am I supposed to less than one?
Speaker 4: Well, I can understand it now, I guess I don't know. I guess I missed the days. I missed the days of my youth when you could go out, you had a group of friends.
Speaker 3: They were male, they were females.
Speaker 4: Some of them were couples, some of them all most of them were singles. But you had a mix of people that you could get together with on the weekends and discuss anything in the world.
Speaker 3: And it stayed in the group. I mean, everybody remained friends, even though we.
Speaker 4: Used to have some very passionate and loud political discussions. Sure, you know enough that the manager would come over and say, hey, can you guys kind of tone it down or we're going to cut you off.
Speaker 3: Okay, no problem with we we got you.
Speaker 4: No h those days I miss them because you can't have that kind of it doesn't seem like I don't know if it's society's too quick face now or people are too connected.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're just too.
Speaker 4: Spread out the crap that they've got going on have to dodge this and that.
Speaker 2: People I don't know, people are trapped in their bubbles. I think, Danny, Uh, before I get before I get more into your your thoughts for the week, because I want to hear from you, but I want your opinion on this, because it feels to me like BP's got an excellent point here. There used to be a time when you could sort of crowdsource ideas and you could do what I talked about regarding the sink just now. I could do that with a car. I could do that with a lot of different things among guys. Okay, but forget it. Even in a mix you could you could ask questions, you could propose things, You could start conversations with mixed groups of people because you actually had to converse with people face to face, right, so you could get ideas even if they weren't all honest. Because I got to tell you I have this, I have a very cynical view of people's level of honesty. Uh. You know, there. There's more than one person who's compared me to doctor House in my life. Right, everybody lies, is my opinion. It just depends how much, how often, and about what. But everybody lies anyways, that's me. The thing is this, though, What do you think is it because we have now adomized ourselves into these bubbles where you know, people have now decided if it doesn't absolutely resemble my pre existing opinion, to hell with it. Have they de set, you know, become so sensitive because they're no longer in these mixes where they're exposed to different things. Or do you think it's something else about the group the herd mentality here?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know. I mean, I don't believe even the herd the herd protection when it comes to vaccines. I think that's ridiculous. But I do believe in it psychologically. I've seen it too often. I've seen the psychology of crowd I think. But anyways, what what is what is your ideas about this? I mean what we're talking about here?
Speaker 6: I mean you think it's there's always there's always group think.
Speaker 8: I mean, I I mean, personally, for myself, it seems like most of my peers and most of the peers.
Speaker 6: It would be my it would be like my co workers. Uh, and even a lot of my family. They are far.
Speaker 5: More all I would.
Speaker 6: Say, the straight talking point conservative and and and uh they I can almost repeat what they're going to say, what they want to talk about. You let me get along with most of them, well, because I listened to what they have to say. And I and if I try to have a disagreement, I just don't say they're wrong.
Speaker 5: I just I try to kindly point where I'm coming from them, why why I believe this?
Speaker 6: And you may not see i'd I you know, I don't if that makes sense, And I try to give it in a real practical personal experience why I feel this way and why I have the views I have. And then but but I don't get upset. I'm pretty thick skin when people make assumptions like well you're this, and the other thing I do is correct them and say, well, maybe you shouldn't tell me what I think. Maybe you should ask me what I think in my opinion, and I'll give it to you on the particular subject. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, I wish I And that's the thing is that a lot of what happened with, you know, because I've done exit surveys and all kinds of weird things about why it is. You know, look, you were a listener, you're not a listener. Can you just do me a favor tell me why the limited responses I've gotten are are really strange, and it's just I rubbed them the wrong way about something and that one thing, you know, whether it was the conflict in Ukraine or it was Donald Trump, or it was you know whatever, like one thing sets them off and that's the end of it. You know, people that used to hang around for years, and some people that have been listening for years. And I've even recently been made aware of a couple of people that I now know, you know, a couple of people that have made up some of that audience for a lot of years, you know, who have kind of introduced themselves to me over social media and been like, well, you know, you said this and it kind of upset me a long time ago. But I still listen, you know, stuff like that. But they'll tell me stuff like but I can't listen to the JFK stuff all the time, or I can't listen to that Friday night show and the Friday Night Show. The biggest complaint is that I don't fight with the right wingers, and I'm not trying to fight with or debate anybody. I'm trying to hear from and put things on. I don't want a debate. Sh That's the one thing I hate that that beat And I'm gonna say this with beat Pete right here because he's my friend, and you know what, I'm willing to say whatever bothers me in front of him. I don't. I hate it. He gets angry, he goes I'll debate. He wanted to debate last what was it last week with Spen Kent right, I didn't even want to debate. I didn't even want the debate. I don't want the debate. It's not a debate show to me. Be Pete wants to debate, we can lay aside a show and do that. I'm more than happy if that's what you guys want to do, But I'm not here to do that. Even I don't want to fight. I'd rather hear out people and even if they're stupid, let them make their stupid k Okay, That's what I'd rather do. And I don't know I guess that's not the way to go. Maybe be Pete's right, maybe we should just fight with each other. But that's all there is to it. But if you're gonna debate, there's a fight, and be Pete, you don't fight fair. I gotta tell you, you're very aggressive and you just shut out other ideas. So it's like it's impossible to really debate with you. Which is funny because I tried doing that on a long car ride with him, and it was hilarious. I wound up laughing several times because it was like, well, here's the idea I have, and he just shut it down, said it's ridiculous, doesn't make any sense, and that was it, Like he's not budgeting, right.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, that was my opinion. That was my debate. It was ridiculous. Why I discuss it, And it.
Speaker 2: Was all about And now you can look back in retrospect now because this is a couple of years ago that we took. That's a long ride to Dallas, right, And my whole thing was Donald Trump is not really opposed by the media. Now today that argument sounds perfectly rational, okay, but he still will not believe that they were just using him as a content generator. Uh, but but that's fine.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought there was more to it than just using them as content generator. I thought they could actually thought that they could actually affect outcomes of things by the positions that they were taking.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, maybe maybe those.
Speaker 3: But I understand, I understand where you were coming from.
Speaker 4: But some of it I just couldn't comprehend because I didn't think it was true.
Speaker 3: But my opinion of the media is much different than your opinion.
Speaker 2: Of the media. Right, But do you see how but do you see how Facebook has switched? Do you see how a whole bunch of media platforms that were supposedly his enemy, whether they're cowering from lawsuits, because that's the other thing I've gotten back on recently. They're all just calorie because they're afraid of what he's going to do to them with the lawsuits. Maybe, but their bosses, and that's the other thing. The meat muppets on the screen are not the bosses. You got to remember that. Okay. They are ready presenters, actors, basically reading a script as it is fed to them through the teleprompter usually. Okay, So you want to debate me on that you lose because it's impossible, all right, And I don't care if it's Fox News, MSNBCCNN. I stand by that statement. They are actors. They are reading off a script and it's being fed to them while they're sitting there. That's their job. Now. You can take them any which way. They might have their political leanings, they might go off script, et cetera, et cetera. I don't care. But their bosses have a other strategy about what they're doing, which is why they got rid of Don Lemon, which is why they did this, which is why they did that, which is why Fox News does what it does. They've all got their part to play and watch how things are being re aligned right now. That's all I'm saying. And I really feel like I've been vindicated about the media just used them as a content generator. But you know, you got to you gotta look at it from both things. It's not just what you see on the screen, it's what their bosses were doing anyway, Danny, I want to give you a chance to speak about what you want, because we cut you off and went into other things and talked about why we don't have female listeners. So please uh. But and also I got another.
Speaker 6: Caller, maybe maybe, maybe maybe I can help generate some listeners here. I got a question for VP you you've been very interested in kpok.
Speaker 5: When did your in the start?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 5: What? What would attract?
Speaker 4: Probably back the way back probably oh Christ early two thousand, well two thousand, about two thousand and eight or nine.
Speaker 3: M And it just and it was through catching a group and following them.
Speaker 4: They happened to have the groups uh to anyone and they had their own MTV style program that was on TV at the time for like three seasons and all.
Speaker 3: And it just from that it led me into like the rip.
Speaker 4: The hip hop scene in Korea has been around a lot longer than people realize.
Speaker 5: It just was never big.
Speaker 4: And there's a guy that's uh, he's the I guess, the lead rapper for Epic High and some some scrap that he went through in his career, which got me into Korean TV programs, which then got me into Chinese UH programs. So they started about two thousand and nine, was eight somewhere there.
Speaker 2: You know what's you know what's interesting Danny to me about this is that in a way, like I'm almost built more racist than BPDA is about this because I used to resist even the idea of Japanese metal as a kid outside of the band Loudness, I had no use for the Japanese metal stuff. In Japan, metal was huge in the eighties. I think they got over it.
Speaker 4: But see what got What took me in that direction was listening to I don't know, some people.
Speaker 3: Call it new age music.
Speaker 4: To me, it was jazz and that was the the group Hiroshima Japanese Jazz group, and jazz is where I really started listening to a lot of international artists. So and that was back to hell when I was in junior high school.
Speaker 2: It was so strange to me because all kinds of metal I could accept, except the Asian stuff. And I don't know why. I mean, like, I literally listened to Israeli death metal, and you guys have no idea what is ray I'm telling you today. I bet you'd have a hard time finding Israeli death metal on the internet. But it existed and does exist. I bet still probably there's you know, five bands. But nonetheless, death metal.
Speaker 3: Was more a European thing more than anything else.
Speaker 2: Well big in Europe, yes, but exists everywhere. Okay, I want you to know that it really does. I used to get letters from the strangest places putting out and I'm telling you just by releasing audio cassette demos, you know, you print your address in there and the next thing you know is you're getting a letter from Iraq. Okay. The one kid they asked to write a letter to you that can write in English all right back in the nineties, and they would make they would write some of the funniest stuff. I mean, like because they were trying to sound cool and their English was a little off, and it was hilarious. The guys from Israel, I will never forget this. At the end of the letter, the guys from Israel stay evil, man, and I'm like, I'm not even like in the evil stuff. I don't know what None of our stuff is evil. Matter of fact, one of my death metal songs was a big anti drug message, you know what I mean. It's like, there's nothing evil in my music except the sound of it. But the Israeli kids thought it was the most evil sounding music and they wanted to let us know that. And at the end that was the big sentiment, like the big send off was stay Evil and and they're broken English throughout this letter a fan letter from Israel, and that's how I discovered Israeli death metal. But believe it or not, it existed everywhere in Korea as well. There were Korean death metal bands, and like I said, the Japanese they loved the hair metal stuff big time. All of them seem to be like dressed like Nikki six at one point, I don't know why, uh and that band? Do you remember the band Loudness? They got like a little bit of a little bit of heat in America, like for about a year and then yeah, I mean you're right.
Speaker 4: You take a you know, take a nicky zick airdo and put a Kimodo around it with a you know, a fender. Yeah, and uh, some of the uh couple ivanz Is you know, but yeah, they were really big into the metal scene. I was, I liked heavy metal, but I didn't like the heavy heavy metal like you like the thrash metal, and so I never got into that end of it.
Speaker 3: But that's what I noticed. As soon as you said something Japanese, I thought.
Speaker 4: Good lord, how many how many Japanese metal bands have I seen on YouTube?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You know, probably more than K pop, right.
Speaker 2: And it's hilarious because there are little kids in Japan, like little kids that I've seen that did metal stuff, which is great at it actually, Uh And look, I don't I appreciate the heavy, heavy stuff. I like heavy stuff, but my favorite stuff is really the Black Sabbath, the classic stuff, the blues based, you know, just really loud blues and jazz sort of fusion. Uh, you know like that, you know, the the the Black Sabbath is my favorite band. But you know, but I also appreciated when they started, you know, fusing elements of hip pop in and I loved raging against the Machine and uh, you know, not proud to admit it, but even appreciated what Limp Biscuit was doing at a certain point, you know what I'm saying. I like the new metal stuff too. I like hard rock. I like I like the message in the attitude of a lot of that harder stuff and a lot of the esoteric weirdness of it. And uh, again I'm a lifelong Black Sabbath fan. But anyways, enough out of me. And and by the way, I also love Motorhead and I'll tell you what. Let me Killmeister is probably the most underrated bass player in music history. Uh, if you ever take a listen to the rockabilly stuff that he was doing and some of the other wild stuff that he would do. His bass playing style is so unique. Everybody thinks of Asis Bades and the basics and you know, the the ugly guy and all that. But let me kill Meister was an incredibly talented bass player who you know, unfortunately we don't have to produce anything new, but amazing stuff. And incredible songwriter responsible probably for the biggest hits you know that he wrote for or co wrote with Ozzy Osbourne, depending on how you read the publishing No More Tears. A whole lot of songs on that album written by Lemmy Killmeister anyway, and he produced a lot of interesting people. Everybody from oh God, who is that? Oh man? I can picture her. She was a nut. She wound up killing herself. She was uh, Wendy O. Williams, the lead singer of the Plasmatics. He produced her album and actually got her to make a music video. I don't know if you remember this from the eighties, remember a woman with like a nasty male sounding voice who made a song called It's My Life, I'll do what I Wanna do. And she's driving around in like a truck and she jumps up on top of the truck and runs it into like a mountain of TV sets and they explode. In the eighties, Yeah, I know, that's music videos in the eighties kids, you know. And she's dressed in like I don't know, like like like a torturer looking outfit, like a what do you call those? A mistress? Right? Is that what the BDSM people? Still Dominatrix there you go, almost like a but like a guttural punk dominatrix dressed like.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: She even made a few movies, like a few of those like crazy like uh, you know.
Speaker 4: Woman gets Yeah, we talked about Oh yeah, she's the one that had the plastic ball bra.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, and she and she wound up killing herself. But before all that, let Me Killmeister produced her her her solo album when she left the Plasmatics, is my point. So he was a producer also, uh, and he did a wild song with oh man, there's like this Danish singer that they did like this weird love song together that like pop uh popped up on other charts. I'm just saying, the guy wrote a lot of stuff and played a lot of stuff that people never even bother to look at. Plus he had a whole existence outside of half a century a motorhead. So you know, it's just anyway, just one of my one of my musical heroes. I can't help it, but those are the guys I like is guys like him and Ozzie and Black Sabbath and stuff like that. The old stuff, Uh, that's what I appreciate most. But the death metal stuff, that's what I did.
Speaker 10: For a little while.
Speaker 3: Uh, I think it was. I think it was. My biggest thing was was jazz influenced to get.
Speaker 4: Me to watch international artists, and from that I found niches of things that I liked in these different cultures type of popular music. And to be honest, today you listen to the stuff that comes out in kpop and it's so much better than the crap we're here and on top forty radio here in the States. It's just, you know, and the indie movement just wasn't enough. Like now, country music, as far as I'm concerned, completely sucks. And I used to I've got tons of country artists that I grew up listening to. There was a I don't know, there was a tone to the music that it dealt with real life things. This craft that we're here and now it all sounds alike and they're trying to missmass genres together to where everything is going to be considered music. There won't be any breakups between pop music, dance music, mixed music, country music. It's all going to be the same if if it's left up to the US artists.
Speaker 2: See, now here's where you and I come to a quick agreement. Who would you guess? Danny, let me ask you this. Who would you guess is my favorite country my favorite country artist probably of all time? Like if I had to mention, I'll even give you a space of my top three. Uh and and you know you might actually pick one that I would throw in there instead of But I know too, I can mention right off the top of my head for the people that are really truly good country artists. Who do you think I would pick.
Speaker 5: If you're going to take good country artists?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like really good legit VISUS country music artists.
Speaker 5: Uh, maybe like in Alan Jackson or George Straight Okay, you or Dwight Yoakam.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's interesting, But believe it or not, I'd go with Merle Haggard. Okay, I'm that kind of I'm that.
Speaker 5: Gunn of guy California. That's interesting because I was figuring Dwight Yoakum because Dark Yoakam did a lot of work with Buck Owens and there, and Buck Owens and Merle Haggard are both from Bakersfill, California.
Speaker 2: And you know what's funny is being in the South right now and being in the South the past ten years. Let me tell you, I knew it was a big, big problem the moment that guys were running up to me looking at me in the face with like total stunned looks on their face, going, you hear that on the radio, that's Hoody, And I went, what the hell are you talking about? And I come to find out, you know who they're calling Hoody?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about here at BPTE.
Speaker 3: Right, Darius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were they were freaking out that Hoody's doing country and I went, oh, man, my.
Speaker 4: Mom, she tickled the hell out of me. You know, you hear growing up? Cut that music down? You know, when they passed by your room and you got your jams on, and you know you're in the red car. My mom, she was in her eighties, and she went to the store, and when she comes back, she had a carport behind the house that they pull both vehicles under. Well, I'm out there doing some stuff, you know. I think I was sweed eating around the house or the carport or something. And she comes pulling in, and as soon as she comes in, if she's got stuff she needs help with, she pops the trunk as as soon as she stops, and I hear Darius Rutcker playing one of his Countries things.
Speaker 3: I think it was wagon Wheel or whatever it was.
Speaker 4: And my mom gets out of the car and I said, cut that damn music down, and she started laughing. I said, now, how many times did you tell me that growing up? She said far too many. I said, what were you listening to? She said, oh, I like Darious Rutcker. I said, you were listening to Hoodie. She said, who, I said, Hoodie? She says, no, it's Darius Rucker, I said, mom, long before he became a solo artist, he was Hoody and the hoodie in the Blowfish.
Speaker 2: But the funny thing was he was never hoodie. He was always the funny thing.
Speaker 3: Is I mean, everybody referred to it was hooty.
Speaker 4: The thing was about a week later, she comes in blaring, oh, Hoodie. So she had actually his satellite on the car so she could listen to different stations or play her own mix. So she comes in and she's playing a hoodie song and I said, mom, you know listening to hoodies. He goes, it's Darius, And yes, I thought I'd go find out who Hoody and the Blowfisch was.
Speaker 3: She's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful because I actually thought Hoody in the Blowfish wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: And oh oh they're a good man there South Carolina and a college fan.
Speaker 2: That's what they got famous, right, And I heard Darius Rutger and I went, you know, it's funny. He's got the chops to do this. You know, I'm not surprised. He's just a good It's almost like the weirdness it went on with like Race or X and in Living Color, right, Living Color, not in Living in Living Colors, the TV show Living Colors. The band Excuse me, But the point is it was like, uh, you know, and and it's almost funny when when Iced Tea came out with you know who gave those black boys those rock guitars? And there goes the neighborhood, right, hilarious stuff. It's funny how things go full circle, but it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's something I have to thank my parents for has given me. They were big music fans. They were either listening to the radio. They listened to the brandall Opry every week on TV, Key Haul. I mean, they were big into country music and popular music.
Speaker 3: You know, Dean Martin, Trinty Lopez. Uh, I think my mom's favorite. Triny Lopez is one of my mom's favorites.
Speaker 4: So I have to I have to thank them for giving me that desire to expand in what music I listened to.
Speaker 2: See. My father exposed me to all kinds. It's so funny because literally in Vietnam they called him a brother by the way, brother or brother Ocelli because you listened to nothing but black music and hung out with the black guys. They had the same taste in clothes and anyway. It was just the way it was. This is my dad. And my mother was actually the black Sabbath listener, the you know, the heavier she was more of a Beatles fan, but she had Black Sabbath stuff around, and you know, the early hard rock stuff from the late sixties, early seventies, Iron Butterfly stuff like that. And meanwhile, I wound up gravitating toward the music, toward the pair, and I didn't favor. But I've always had an appreciation for all this stuff and wound up getting an appreciation for hip hop because that's what I was exposed to as a kid. But I don't know where the hell you end up getting exposed to the k pop thing outside of you lived in career for a little bit, though, didn't you.
Speaker 4: No, No, No, I've got I had a good friend that.
Speaker 3: Went over there and taught English.
Speaker 4: Oh that's at college, and I got the theater with here years ago.
Speaker 3: But no, I've never made it to Korea. I wanted to. I almost went over there in the Army, but I ended up going to Germany.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, you see, I somehow thought you had gone over there when you were in the service.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'd love to Hell.
Speaker 4: I drop what I'm doing and go to Korea right now, if I could take a month over there, just to see the things that I want to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I certally enjoy that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's a very odd place at this point, because you know, they just had the recent problems with the government and everything, and obviously you're talk in South Korea. You wouldn't want to go to Kim Jong UN's territory. I don't think.
Speaker 3: No, No, I ain't got no desire to go to the RNs. But no, I would love to go. I'd love to go, but I'd love to be able to go for like two weeks.
Speaker 4: I have enough time that you're not in a rush and you can go see some of.
Speaker 3: The things you want to go.
Speaker 4: But I mean, but it was that being in a young age and my parents, you know, pushing you know, the enjoyment of music and different types of music, that that just started me going out in different directions.
Speaker 3: Back when I was listening to a lot of jazz.
Speaker 4: Like I said, you know, even as young as as junior high in school, you're listening to people like Leo Kotti and Lee written Auer and Jean mus Ponte and all these people that have connections because they came from other places and artists that they worked with over there, and you just start to find those little segments of stuff that you like to listen to cord to Pirate out of Canada. She's a female artist that she sings mainly in French. But you just you find those niches that you like and you keep going back to them. And when I got looked on K pop, I mean it really it was a novel thing that really started growing as MTV over here started dying, but they were still in fluential in their studios in that over in Japan and Korea, and I mean that's the thing.
Speaker 3: You come out in Korea.
Speaker 4: It's a big thing to take your album and then do it in Japanese and release it in the Japanese market, with the Chinese market, at the Philippines market.
Speaker 2: So it's just kind of wild because you just got exposed to something that spoke to you, you know. And I'm explaining how I was steeped in the kind of stuff that I've liked my whole life early on, and it's not necessarily you know, So people's musical interests can come from all sorts of places. I was just trying to expand on the whole conversation with Danny. But anyways, Danny, I want to put you on hold, so we can get to somebody else that we've kept on hold for a bit, and we probably killed a lot of time.
Speaker 5: About the K pop.
Speaker 3: Will we come back?
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh excellent. I would love to delve into that some more. So let me put you on hold and I'll bring up. It looks like we got Jimmy James. He might have some different stuff on his mind, or maybe he wants to talk music. Jimmy, how you doing tonight? I know it's gonna be a good I know it's gonna be a it's gonna be a good Jimmy James call when he starts off, you know, clearing his lungs. So, Jimmy, what's up? Man?
Speaker 7: Dingle ding old k pop?
Speaker 2: About jpop? What is j pop?
Speaker 3: I don't even know Japanese pop music? Oh okay, it's it's a it's.
Speaker 4: A competing genre with K pop, and a lot of K pop artists just look forward to the day that they can break out in Japan. The schedule shows in Japan because it's a huge market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look, a lot of a lot of single men in Japan. I don't know how much disposable income they have. I know the exchange rate is still we're not losing to the Japanese currency. So I don't know. I have no idea how that would go. And this would be something completely out of my depth. But what, Jimmy, you dig the j pop stuff? You want to compete or you just wanted to be contrary.
Speaker 7: I barely knew that there was such a thing. Okay, I just said it because I'm Jimmy James. But actually I did have a Korea and roommate once there when I lived in Hawaiian. He was into.
Speaker 10: Yeah, jpop.
Speaker 7: He was all about Japan even though he's from Korea.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: Loved all their crap, the cartoons, their music, all that Joe. And that was in the nineties.
Speaker 2: See, And I got to tell you, I dig the ancient culture from you know, the two places that my family's from. But the modern stuff I'm not into, you know what I mean? Like, did you see Connor McGregor this this week, because remember I'm also part Irish?
Speaker 7: Yes, excellent, Yes McGregor.
Speaker 2: McGregor wants to be president of Ireland. What you like that idea, Jimmy, Connor McGregor.
Speaker 7: I am moving to the campaign for him.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, fair enough, But but I don't dig most of what goes on in modern Italy or or Ireland. But you know, uh, but that's that's where my families came from. Anyways.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I said to My understanding was that half those countries are what muslim.
Speaker 2: Now uh what Ireland or Italy?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Hello, why do you think they're so pissed off over there?
Speaker 2: But well, I'll tell you I don't think Muslims get along too well in Sicily at all. Uh, not where my family are.
Speaker 4: They are really heavy though in the UK and in Ireland and even Scotland.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but I know they're not doing well. They're not doing well in Sicily. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 7: And you walk around France. If you try to walk around that that stupid puts this eightful power. Good luck.
Speaker 2: Paris.
Speaker 7: Huh, you'll be accosted by by your friendly newcomers from far away.
Speaker 2: No more, No more French bikinis in Paris.
Speaker 7: Eh no, no, no, Now it's all about the Burke because yikes.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I don't know. I'll tell you this. I know that Italy is not like that. Italy is. Italy's a disaster for a whole other reason. But it's and you know what it is. It is government corruption and it has been even when I was a kid, even when I went there. And why it is that it costs two hundred and fifty we're at a Bia soda and everything else, and I'm telling you that's a real price. I don't know what the EURO does in Italy, but what a mess. They really should just adomize that country and just turn it into what it was to begin with, which is the Kingdom of Sardinia, and let the pope run his country and let sicily be its kingdom again. But they won't, especially not in the time of the European Union, because that's the only way that place is going to run. And I'll tell you something else. Nobody hates the Southern Italian more than a Northern Italian unless they're in prison together. So you know, anyway, it is what it is. It's like the unwritten rule among outlaw bikers. They stop fighting with each other in prisoner. They're supposed to, you know, it's it. Otherwise they're arguing with each other over the same thing.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see, the Euro's Brigadian buck thirteen.
Speaker 2: So it's holding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Euro is I don't know let's see the pound pounds about buck thirty two.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, that pound amount you just gave is not right because I have to pay by Great British pound for one of the things for this network, and it has it is jacked up way more than that.
Speaker 4: And it was it was a couple of weeks ago April nineteen, twenty twenty five at one oh nine UTC. One US dollar is the equivalent of a buck thirty well, say a buck thirty three bridge pound one point pounds.
Speaker 2: But their operating exchange is not working that way, because I'm telling you it was little more. Yeah, it was lower two months ago than that by by a bit, and like, okay, in January it was lower. Uh so, I guess that's what three months ago now. But over the past three months you're talking more like a dollar fifty to sixty is what it is for the Great British pound. And meanwhile, I'm hearing that they're not doing that well financially, and somehow their unit is beating the hell out of ours. So I don't know what that's a lot about.
Speaker 3: The British pound. They're about to go broke.
Speaker 4: I mean, the whole government itself is about to go broke with the influx of migrants that they've had over there. And I mean it's like over here, the migrants they get first round choices on hotels or council estates, and everybody else goes.
Speaker 3: To the back of the line.
Speaker 4: They're providing so many services, it's about to break them.
Speaker 2: Well, if it does, I'll be paying less than a dollar on every one of the Great British pound. But I guess I'll wait and see. Anyway, So Jimmy, Yeah, what did you have on your mind outside of J pop? And you're thinking about campaigning for Connor McGregor.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, well, I was sick of them about your issue with Skypey. You know, there's these things already on our phones. I was looking at that Google Meet. Yeah it says you can have like thirty two callers on then I don't even think it costs money.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but then you got to deal with See. Here's the problem, right, is that I've got to try to have something where I can have guests and you know, and callers. So I need something that will go across it all. And so far, zoom and teams are the things that apparently I'm going to be able to do both with and Google just got to By the way, I don't know if you know this, but Google just got smacked again with another anti trust situation. And yeah, now this time it's over their ads. But in different parts of the world they're kind of under siege for monopolizing stuff and unfair trade practices. And what's going to happen is these platforms that they control are going to start getting divvied up. Like I doubt they'll give up Gootu, but they might give up stuff like the meetings or the Google Hangouts they used to call it, and they change that platform several times. So I need something that's going to remain consistent. And also there's also just a general sort of hatred and paranoia over letting Google into your stuff because they are invasive. I mean, I know they're invasive, but I don't care for the purposes of most of what I do. But I also have segregated systems where I have to communicate with people because if it even touches Google stuff, they will not communicate with you nothing, okay, because they don't want Google to even get into their framework, and believe it or not, that would affect guests. That would affect a lot of guests who just you know, won't accept a Gmail Gmail to them, it goes automatically to spam anything from Gmail. I mean stuff like that. They use independent platforming and stuff like that, and some of them, you know, don't even use God. What is the third option, you know, between whether it's Apple or PC, there's that third option. I always forget the name of it, but it's like an independent system Linux, Yes, that's it.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 2: Linux?
Speaker 3: Lix lix.
Speaker 2: So if you try to use Linux with some of these things, forget it. It doesn't work. So I need something that will function on Linux or can be adapted to Linux, believe it or not. And something that will just plug into regular phone calls and not everything does that. Now if you use Zoom, Zoom has phone numbers, but I think they change with every meeting, so the phone number would change every show. And the other thing is you also have to set up your meetings ahead of time. So every Friday, I would have to like have a regularly scheduled meeting at eight pm Eastern in order to run this show, and then set up a scheduled meeting for tape get.
Speaker 7: You could get a void number and then just every week have it forwarded to the whatever number of the week was. I'll be it paying.
Speaker 2: But well, yeah, but here's the thing. I already have a phone service. But to see that that implies I need a new phone service, and that's something i'd have to go and buy too, And I got to buy one that's not going to cost me a lot, I'm sorry to say. And then yeah, and then I could forward a number to another place and hope it works and just forward it to the number of the week. Like you said, I'm going to have to look into the internet phone that that I can get through like my internet provider, and maybe there's a way to do it. And if that's the case, I just start giving out, say my home number for everybody to call in. And when you do that, it forwards it to the you know, whichever the number of the week is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's voiceover IP and you're talking about delays and it's worse than it is now.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I'm saying. I'm trying to get something that's more responsive, because you know, the only person you ever hear with delays is Jimmy. He takes a couple of seconds to respond, but otherwise our phone calls are usually pretty responsive the way I did it, but unfortunately, one of the key links to that was Skype, so that I could actually link a co host and the callers together. Because if it was just a matter of me taking calls, I can just do that. It's not a problem. Remember when I set it up, and I tried to set it up the other way and you couldn't hear the callers be pete. So that means that anytime I have a guest, I can't take calls either, So you know, for future moves here, because I want to increase the guest list, but because of this upheaval, I haven't really been able to bring in too many guests. And I had two cancelations this week, by the way, and one of them was just a sub stack guy who I talked to for three days, messaging back and forth, and then all I did was ask him for a phone number and the messages stopped. So I don't understand that he agreed to be on, agreed to a time, and agreed even you know, I can use Skype. I'm not a luddite, and i'd rather use a phone I said, well, give me a phone number, and that was the end of the conversation. And then there was another guy who was actually a more more well known guest who suddenly doesn't have time for me. So you know, it was what it was. Next week, I'm hoping that we talked to Larry about, you know, some of the new documents that came out, because you know, the MLK and RFK stuff did drop this week. In fact, I think today, either today or yesterday, you know, federal government releasing this stuff to the National Archives. Now I've looked at a little bit of it, and I've seen this stuff before. Uh, but i don't know if there's you know, I'm not as attuned to this as I am to the JFK stuff, so I don't want to make any statements about it. But I've started to look at the I don't know, there's about two hundred and fifty PDFs I think in the UH. I forget if that's the RFK or the MLK count that I started with, but we have we have two different piles of things out there now anyways, But I'm hoping that I'll be able to get Larry on next week to talk about that, But I.
Speaker 3: Wonder how much media is included.
Speaker 4: I mean they're releasing files, yeah, that are documents.
Speaker 3: I wonder how much they've got.
Speaker 4: In the way of film tape recordings.
Speaker 3: When are we going to start seeing some of that come out?
Speaker 7: Well, it did JFK that that release. The link I got. The only things I seen noon was all kinds of audio recordings. Most of them were from Jim Garrison's investigation.
Speaker 2: Actually, uh yeah, that's the HSCA stuff that some of us had before, because that's that's how they got ahold of it, because Garrison was quietly in contact with a bunch of HSCA staffers and he sent them all kinds of things, but nobody ever saw it before. So I'm waiting on a couple of private notebooks that still haven't arrived, that should exist somewhere that have been mentioned in testimony and in memos from the HSCA. They're still not surfaced anywhere that I can see, because six photographs. Well even better is you know about the whole controversy where they got rid of what was its regis Blahoot. However you say his name, you remember that during the HSCA. Okay, that was because of the mishandling of the autopsy photos and leaving them in an unsecured place and all this other stuff. And that guy tried to deny it, but unfortunately there was no way to deny it. There's a whole weird thing that went on with the autopsy photos at that point too. I have a feeling I know the explanation of it, and we're probably going to get it when somebody dies, but that'll probably be about ten years from now.
Speaker 4: The hell that you think could still be alive though, that's causing it not to come out because I've heard this what a two weeks ago some interview they did with somebody that was one of dodgers.
Speaker 3: They said, the photos I took, you know, but we've done that for years.
Speaker 2: Well, let me give you a friendly name that is still alive that was involved with the HSCA, and that's Robert Grodin right now. And look, I like the guy, but let's be honest for a second. He ends up with photographs and photographs out there. Okay, let's that that's bottom line. What it is some of his autopsy stuff. Okay, how do you think he got that? Okay?
Speaker 3: I would not I will keep my opinion to myself, right.
Speaker 2: You don't even want to speculate on it. But here's the thing. If you combine that with the mishandling thing that went on there and some other controversies. If you ever listened to the testimony about Blayhoot and all that when they decided to dismiss people and break part of the committee off, there there's more to it. And I promise you a couple of photos were lost too in that process.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm you know, I think it's very well that the options photo could be misplaced.
Speaker 3: I got a feeling somebody snag it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but do you know how much that thing would be worth, like to a put.
Speaker 4: No, Because I talked to somebody who went to specifically look at it. They could not put their hands on it, right, So it's either been misplaced, misfiled, or somebody slighted it. And I want to know who was the last person to sign the thing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, which helps?
Speaker 2: And Elt said six six is not in physical proximity where you can look at it at the archives.
Speaker 3: I say it's motivated.
Speaker 7: What about the one where they had a clear shot of the fake sniper's nests and then they burned a big hole in it, right where Oswald would have been if he would have been shooting. They had a clear shot of the building of that window. Oh it burned in the thermofacts. That just put a big hole right where it approved. Nobody was there, right, anyone got any good one of them?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I've yet to see one.
Speaker 4: It's like the Mormon photo with the thumb print in it, because the fixture.
Speaker 3: Was applied to the polaroid.
Speaker 6: You know this should.
Speaker 2: Happens, right, I mean, there's a whole bunch of actually that what do they call that, that silver nightrade or whatever. There's a whole bunch of silver night trate mess in the original Mormon photo that is all over the place. I I feel as though, and frankly, and then then nobody likes it when I say this, But that's where you're getting Badgeman from. That's not a person.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it was one of those that first went to.
Speaker 4: He went to Daley Plaza and they did some survey and determined that in the Mormon photo for Badgeman to be where he was, he would have had to have been something like ten feet tall or something. Yeah, it's based on the trajectory and all, it's yeah.
Speaker 7: But if the dude was behind the fence. Look, I think they were standing on cars behind that damn fence. I know they were. That guy Brewers seeing them, A bunch of people seeing them, well.
Speaker 2: People standing on bumpers.
Speaker 7: The audience says they hate when we talk about JFK, politics, sports or movies. So let's move on to what they want us to talk about.
Speaker 2: Well, good, as soon as you as soon as you figure out, as soon as you figure out what it is they want to talk about, let me know, because I can't figure it out anymore.
Speaker 7: It's gotta be European soccer. I mean, I don't know. I mean, what the devil else is there?
Speaker 2: I don't know sports, But if that's if that's the case, if we got to talk European soccer, I mean, I'm just hoping that somebody has the good sense to put a pillow over my face later because I'm done.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can talk premierly soccer, but that's not Europe, that's the UK.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yike's good luck to you. I just you know, fine, you and Kim can do this from now on. Just can take me out of it. I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, I'm just trying to figure out what in the world do people want. They say, oh, can't talk about that's religion, Texas, government, sports, it gets What am I allowed to speak about exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my question. That's my question. And you know, and this week, by the way, you know, I would love to talk about how we have a serious reversal here on Gee. It's a little more difficult to solve the Ukraine conflict than people thought. Huh, But don't talk about that because you're a jerk, because you're anti Trump about that. I'm like, no, actually, I'm kind of blaming Marco Rubio for being an e f there, even though Witkock was sent to deal with it. But then again, you're dealing with Vladimir Putin. Oh wait, I'm not allowed to discuss Vladimir Putin and who he really is because he's a good guy. Right. I give up, man, I really do. I don't know what you're supposed to say that that is a horrible thing still happening, been happening for years, and I'm not allowed to talk about that either. Nobody wants to hear it, and that's cost me even money, I mean, straight up, So I give up. Seriously. This is why I just was like with the news the other night. What the hell? I don't even want to read this? Why do I care anymore? You guys don't want analysis? What do you want? I don't get it. I mean, do you want me to just go into fandom here? I mean, here's your Star Wars show. Disney put out a new one. Let's talk about that. Are there any hot cartoons right now? Is there a true crime?
Speaker 7: Chuck now't drawing the chicks. We just gotta be true true crime twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny? Chicks? They just can't get.
Speaker 7: Enough with that. That crime man, the.
Speaker 2: Crime you know what's funny? He might be right, be Pete between crime and drag queens. I think that'sretty much all women watch on the podcasts and TV and stuff. What do you think you know?
Speaker 4: I have? I'm kind of mixed on that because the true crime people that are really into true crime were into it a long time ago before this current. I don't know, flavor of the day, you know, it's it's the genre of the day, true crime and I've listened to some of these podcasts, and I'm sorry. If you can't make a story compelling enough that I'm not asleep after the first six minutes, hang it up. You failed as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they used to make it pretty munch on.
Speaker 4: Netflix started the let's do the documentary on this evil event that happened and try to follow it from the beginning to the end, the Making a Murderer series, and then the one they did before that about the kid that does supposedly killed his girlfriend but he wasn't there.
Speaker 3: And you know it's.
Speaker 4: It's grown to the point the true crime I don't think has much more or left before people are leaving it for something else.
Speaker 3: But send me damn podcasts out there now.
Speaker 4: I don't see how people choose or have the time to listen to all the shit that they claim that they're listening to.
Speaker 3: Well, let me let me it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: Well let me ask you this, because it's got a longer lineage than people give it credit for. And God help me, I'm about to bring this up helter skelter. All right, Going back to Vince Bugliosi and his actual ghost author, you know, the guy who actually wrote the book, you know, based on that legend, Tom O'Neill's still getting interviewed. That is to me where the modern true crime thing started. And then you had the Bill Curtis thing biography on A and E network, you know, the Nightline thing went to all murders all the time. And oj Simpson, I mean, I think there's always going to be a thirst for this. And Jimmy James might have a point though that might be indeed, where the female listeners are, even if it is almost burnt out at this point.
Speaker 3: What do you think of that's awesome?
Speaker 2: I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 4: I'd like to look at the demographics of some of these podcasts and see who they're pulling in, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's the funny thing is, if you hire the right company, you can get different demographics. You know. I gather from various sources for this, and I'm only paying one of them because I'm paying them for other services. And it just comes along with it. But it is an expensive proposition to even accurately count up your people because YouTube doesn't tell you the truth.
Speaker 3: Okay, and they adjust numbers like crazy.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, in your numbers. They get adjusted all the time based on political decisions, to be honest, and you'll have listeners and viewers disappear and ours disappear or appear suddenly at for all kinds of weird reasons on YouTube and youtube' want to look just platforms in the world. Apple as proprietary information that you've got to pay a premium to get. Okay, but that's only Apple users. So what do you do?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's becoming so fragmented. I mean, like that's now to watch all my NFL games, they want me to buy four subscriptions, which cost four times what my internet costs, just to be able to watch every game that's broadcast. That's not every game out there, And the only other way to get around that is to buy NFL Network for freaking one hundred and something a year.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous. It's just like with NASCAR.
Speaker 4: NASCAR used to be on broadcast TV, and these these broadcast TV channels that owned or were owned by a corporation that had cable channels.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to start throwing the racist cable.
Speaker 4: They lost audience, they're losing ticket sales because of it. They price themselves out of the market of their average sand and people are saying, the hell with it. True, they want to you know, if that's what they want to do, fine, they'll eventually die.
Speaker 3: And they're close to dying now.
Speaker 2: See. I think the same thing's happen in the Major League Baseball You know that.
Speaker 3: To a degree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's almost impossible unless you pay some subscription service to watch more than one game a week or more than.
Speaker 3: Two lucky, to get the one game a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can buy the MLB package. And now with Netflix. That's another weird thing, is NFL. Even if you do buy those subscriptions, you're also going to have to add Netflix to the mix too, right.
Speaker 4: Well, well, the problem is you buy the you buy the stream of service, but you've got to buy the internet to get it, so you're paying double.
Speaker 2: Well see, that's the other funky thing about it is that even if you okay, I pay from internet service and you don't use their proprietary stuff, now you're going to pay for the data and you want to watch high quality football game. Guess what heavy data use.
Speaker 4: Ah well, not only that, I mean I'm paying my internet has costed me a hundred bucks a month because I've got one gig service. I don't worry about streaming. I don't worry about running five things at once. But I'm having to pay one hundred dollars a month, and then on top of that another twenty to thirty a month for these streaming services. You know, the streaming service offered by my cable company is so poor that I have to pay a ten bucks to get a box so that I can put YouTube and Max and everything else on my TV. Right now, I'm paying one hundred and ten dollars a month, and that's I'm not gonna That doesn't count the cost of Netflix or Peacock or.
Speaker 3: Amazon Prime. What is it now for an Amazon Prime membership?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Dolls a year or more, I think, so, I don't know it.
Speaker 4: I don't have now to watch football, I've got to get Peacock, Amazon, ESPN or just deal what they give.
Speaker 3: Me on broadcast TV.
Speaker 2: Right and then I'm talking much what's on.
Speaker 4: Broadcast TV is going to go to some streaming service or cable eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you use too much data, you know you're gonna get hit with one hundred or fifty dollars more for that other you know, next next step up in your data. And I'm telling you people don't realize you watch Netflix in high you know, in high resolution every day. You might just max out your data. So you know, I don't know, they're like pricing you into a position here where it's like you have two cable bills anymore. You know, it used to have one cable bill, but you have two cables.
Speaker 4: And that's to I mean luckily broadcast TV and the additional channels that these major channels carry. You can catch old movies, you can catch this, you catch that. But it's a broken up schedule. And still I've got forty some odd channels. I don't watch half of them. But at least I've got an option there with my streaming box, I can get TV and the rest of them.
Speaker 3: I've got Max as part of the deal.
Speaker 4: So oh, the Righteous Gemstones have got their latest season out too, So by the way, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, but it's but it's only what episode six now, right, I think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I believe it or not? You and I, you and I share that show.
Speaker 4: It's so hard now to be able to afford media in any form. I mean your phones. They've been they've been gouging on data since day one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's like it worked.
Speaker 4: Everybody would say, oh, well, I get my phone for twenty five dollars a month. Oh okay, yeah, but you had to buy four of them, get that, didn't you. Yeah, so you're paying one hundred dollars a month and you're only limited on your own. It's unlimited data, I said, until you start using that thing as a hotspot for a Wi Fi connection.
Speaker 3: Then they kill you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because again is thirty gigs a month for an additional twenty five dollars thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: And they tell you, and they tell you, they lie to you until you know it's unlimited. And here's the thing. They start throttling you back once you go over a certain amount, and that means.
Speaker 3: It's the hotspot data.
Speaker 4: Enough, I'm using my phone like when I would come in from the road, my cable might have been out for a day because I didn't pay the bill.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting till I get home.
Speaker 4: So as soon as I get home, I'm using my phone as a hotspot for my home computer. Right, well, pay the bill that I'm I'm back on cable. The thing is, it kills that data. They only give you so much as hotspot, and that's where you need it.
Speaker 3: I need it more there than I need being it.
Speaker 4: But I'm not going to stream a freaking movie on my damn telephone. The screen's not big enough. I'd have to have binoculars to see the subtitles. I'm not gonna do it. So for me to do it on my computer, I don't mind. But I'm limited at thirty gigs for what I pay, and it's almost sixty bucks a month off my phone.
Speaker 3: And when that thirty gigs hit, that's it. That's no more. You don't even connect with the Internet on your phone. It's so bad.
Speaker 2: Yep, absolutely football, Absolutely, Hey, look, we have gone this far with no break. So you know what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna take a quick break and get back around whoever's on the line. It looks like Danny hung up, though, but Jimmy James is still there. I think he's got a brilliant idea though regarding true crime. I just put him on hold. I think I think I just put Jimmy on hold. Anyway, Oh, Danny's back great, So yeah, I'm gonna take a quick break and get back around here on the Friday night open mic. But there's still time if you want to join us. And in a couple of weeks, I don't know what's gonna happen, so keep that in mind. We might be changing things up, need a new phone number, whatever, But until then three one nine five two seven, five zero one six three one nine five two seven five zero one six if you're hearing us live about nine thirty six pm Eastern here on Friday, April eighteenth, Yeah, April eighteenth. Uh. If you're hearing us, then we're live. Otherwise it's a replay, but you can join us. Three one nine five two seven.
Speaker 12: We'll return Nuclear holocaust. You know what urennium is?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 12: Just think of nuclear weapons.
Speaker 10: Do you like history? Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot Com. Why the Vietnam War by author.
Speaker 13: Mike Swanson revelation through conversation.
Speaker 10: Slud ma fas life Speak Bursday shot here it all.
Speaker 14: Ow of baw.
Speaker 2: Truth breaking throw.
Speaker 11: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why and we'll show you what President Kennedy was up against For more information, the War State dot com.
Speaker 2: Under rule of brat ralbol Beast snass fire flow through every paint form at least the pain.
Speaker 15: Crazy com radioty Apples, toy Apple, Oi Stoy Apples, doy Appletoy Apple.
Speaker 9: In Denial The Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations center, still happening today. Larryhancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files.
Speaker 16: It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not earn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial, Secret Wars with air Strikes and Tanks Larry Hancock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com in digital or physical force.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: About the DAFA assassination.
Speaker 2: Right, well, what do you want to know?
Speaker 13: Jude Baker's wild claim Oswald girlfriends he knew Ruby and Barry handswer weapons.
Speaker 2: Really, I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon.
Speaker 13: But okay, on the building and trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy. Come on, now, has it real.
Speaker 3: Effort on the day assassination.
Speaker 2: Go to Amazon dot com enter Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case to get at well a different perspective. Let's say you can get Judith Ary Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at k I A s JFK at aol dot com. It's a fun book and it actually dissects the many, many fantastic claims Judith very Baker in her own words.
Speaker 13: Thank you for all the great information.
Speaker 2: The views expressed by callers, schools there anyone else who happens to get on the air to Jelly dot com do not necessarily reflect the views of Jelly dot com or check O Chelli, and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might resue.
Speaker 17: Thank you, said ten thousands of feel.
Speaker 14: Revelation through con say shine here it all shell E a fact to Kelly, fact, treason, true spring, you are the fact.
Speaker 1: Get ready for.
Speaker 2: Alright, second and final segment for tonight. And I don't know, my microphone's down a little bit. No, there we go. Hey, we're live all right, anyhow, we're live. We're still taking calls, probably about fifteen minutes left in this show till we start the Age of Transitions at ten pm Eastern and all that good stuff here on Achelli dot Com Radio. But in the meantime, yeah, these next couple of weeks will still keep the same phone number three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's the number to call in, be Pete before I bring back any callers or take any new ones. But looks like we just got Jimmy on the line still, although Danny called in left called back left. I don't know. Yeah, it is what it is? What else should we talk about? I don't know. I think Jimmy's got a point though about true crime. Regardless, we may have to mind for that even if it is a uh, you know, not at its peak. Maybe that that is where the female listenership is what do you think.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just kind it hard to believe that some of these podcasters are getting the numbers that they're claiming, unless, I mean, unless you're an at home mom that has nothing to do all day but put on podcasts and listen to them.
Speaker 3: I don't see what people at the time to listen the way numbers are claiming. Well, I don't think it's I don't think it's accurate.
Speaker 2: Well, let's connect a couple of threads here, all right, One think about it. If your content is costing you a lot of money, you might be looking for some content that doesn't that has commercial support. Right, So if you get ads with your podcasts, you don't got to pay for Like, you don't got to pay You could download my podcast normally the majority of what I put out for free, So you got free content there and it's not that much to stream it. You can also ready for this, A lot of people play stuff while they sleep, right, And I know some of the YouTube I mean I marveled at the kids videos years ago. I don't know if you ever watched this phenomena, but there was like stuff on YouTube where basically people just broke open toys and candy bars and stuff, and you didn't see their faces. You just saw their hands opening packages. And little kids used to that and they would get millions abuse, millions and millions of abuse within the first couple of weeks of posting stuff. And they found that these kids were watching the same videos over and over again, and sometimes they were just running long YouTube loops. You know, I don't know is that happening with podcasts. I'm not sure. What do you think.
Speaker 4: I don't know, really, I don't see where. I just don't see where it is. Based on the subscribers is one thing. But actually listening streaming, and that's a big thing. Getting back to damic conversation on kpop streaming. It figures into all of these awards that they win through these various organizations throughout Asia. Right, So you've got people that push streaming, push it, push it, push it. You know you've got I mean, they tell you the trick. You listen to it one time, you have to let so much time allow before you reloaded and play it again, or it doesn't count as an individual stream. Okay, you know they've got you know the I've got pamphlets out there to tell people how to do this so that we can win this next upcoming music show.
Speaker 3: It's just amazing how much they get into it.
Speaker 4: But I'd be curious to see what the habits are because I just don't see the numbers.
Speaker 3: There's not that many people with that much free time on their hands.
Speaker 4: Ayes are all like me. There's at home now, not work, and they got shit to do. The last thing I want to listen to is twenty four to seven true crime. I mean, I've seen so much true crime that the stories they're bringing out now is stuff that we saw fifteen years ago on the forensic files.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of it is. And the other weird thing is, I don't know. I don't think there's as many night workers as there used to be, But then again, there's Amazon warehouses everywhere. And I used to keep, you know, an earbud in my ear working a lot of my night jobs to try and just you know, and I was listening to all kinds of podcasts in the early days when you know, it wasn't a billion dollar industry, when they weren't paying Joe Robe two hundred and fifty million dollars. Ye, I'm still a floored at that. By the way, two hundred and fifty million dollars a year.
Speaker 4: To Joe Rogan, which just shows you how much disposable lover companies companies are.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's but that I can't even fathom how he justified, Like how that is justifiable. First of all, Joe Rogan sucks. I know, he gets top tier guests, and he's the big man, and you know he's not even the number one on Apple this week or whatever. He pops on and off the charts, right, but consistently he keeps showing up.
Speaker 3: Well, he does do a longer form than a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the funny thing. The industry trend is saying, don't do that.
Speaker 4: By the way, I know, I know, but I mean, he'll get somebody on for two hours, two and a half hours.
Speaker 3: We'll have somebody on for forty five minutes. It just depends on who the guest is and from what they can cover.
Speaker 4: But right, I mean, he's you talk about industry plans, I think very seriously that Joe Rogan is an interesting plan in the podcast genre and he's doing what exactly what they're paying him to do.
Speaker 2: Right, And then you got a guy like Russell Brand, who you know obviously was even though despite the sex charges or whatever, he's gonna face next month, he's doing just mine, you know, streaming and doing stuff on Rumble.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 3: But I can't take him. Say, I can't take anybody who wears a man bun.
Speaker 4: Seriously, I'm sorry, does sit there in pontificate, take the fucking man bun out. It looks stupid. You're not something that damn Japanese samurai, So just take.
Speaker 3: The shit out. Wear a hat if you have to. For these stupid man buns. I'm sorry they got to go.
Speaker 4: I'll be glad we get out of this damn face stupidest thing ever seen or fucking rune.
Speaker 2: See, it's so hilarious because I had long hair for many, many, many many years, right and when I was a musician. Look, I did it up all different ways. Let my girlfriends tie it up all different ways, because I just needed to do work or whatever and I didn't need my hair hanging. And occasionally, well occasionally I ended up with the man bun. I'm just saying. But it wasn't on purpose, It wasn't a fashion statement.
Speaker 3: It was just well see now it is, and it's a stupid one, and guys need it. If you go your hair, let your hair the ponytail. I don't care.
Speaker 4: If your hair is long, that's fine, but man bun's I'm sorry. I'm not taking anybody serious that has one. I don't are.
Speaker 2: But you saw how I handled mine. I just pulled it back and kept the ponytail, you know, when I was doing most things.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: But and look I didn't. I don't think I even said this on air yet, but I did cut my hair. I couldn't take it no more. And it didn't look right because I don't like that gray look. My gray look is not good, you know, I don't. I don't look like William Law. William Law looks like a wizard with that white hair. I look like I don't know an old man. I I look like I'm gonna come up to you and ask you for a dollar, and you're gonna give it to me because you feel bad.
Speaker 4: I mean that when when I met Kim that time she came down here and I got the books all from her. My hair was being a ponytailed then it was all. But by the time I got the dollars. I cut it because I was just getting.
Speaker 3: On my nerves. But yeah, no, you're it's hard for older guys to have longer hair.
Speaker 4: If it turns gray, you know, unless it turns gray a certain way, it just doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what I'm saying, Like William Law's got that like shiny silver look to it, and it looks cool. I like if my hair did that, man, I would grow it back to my waist again. But I can't do it no more. And and plus it was getting hot, and man, the South is hot and muggy. I gotta tell you, so you know what I'm sitting here going, I'm done with this. And and plus when I was sick, you know, let me be honest with you. I mean I basically didn't do anything. I probably didn't shower for a month. I'm just telling you. So by the time I tried to undo the knot in the back of my head, I was just like, screw this, I can't do it no more.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was all that bothered me was mine in my face all the time.
Speaker 4: I don't like wearing a hat if I don't have to, right, But the work I was doing in and out of them truck all day and wind blowing like crazy on an interstate. It was always in my face. I finally said, that's it, it's time going to get this crap cut. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But back when I was a musician, I ended up all kinds of weird things. I had girlfriends that figured out ways to stick a pen in my hair to keep it up even so. I mean I had a man bun with a pen sticking out of it sometimes. But the fact that people do that like almost like, oh, this is my look for today. What the hell? That's the most horrible looking.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm there and I have.
Speaker 4: I've put that on in the comments on Russell Brand's videos and that on YouTube. You know, dude, give hear that man, buddy joll me to take it serious anyway.
Speaker 2: And the funny thing is I kind of like him. I I really do. And I feel like they're going after him because he's sort of challenged people in different ways and they don't like it.
Speaker 4: They're going after him because yes, he's questioning establishment.
Speaker 3: He still has a fan base.
Speaker 4: After everything he went through, the whole Katy Perry debacle, the whole craft, his.
Speaker 3: Addictions, I mean, how many people have a dressed, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Parliament over their treatment of addicts and programs that they have. You know, he's got a following and he built that following on his own.
Speaker 3: Say what you want. He's built a following and now he's taken advantage of it. And so what do they need to do.
Speaker 4: Let's go drag up some what do this stuff happened back in the nineties, didn't it thirty years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So, I mean, if you got to go that far back to take somebody down, hang it up, just hang it up right, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking in the chat room, by the way, and they were commenting on stuff when we were talking about media, and I'm going to go back to Jimmy and whoever else is on the phones in just a minute here. But it looks like just jim me because they had some interesting stuff to say. People listen on commutes and Aaron Franz is in the chat room. He's going to be up here in a few minutes. And what happened to those unboxing videos? Seems like they have been replaced by other shorts now, Yeah, they have been pumping out of constant flow. Content is the big virtue now quantity not quality. Yeah, but when you do that, it's pump out ten minute segments and constantly. And I've had more than one media person suggests to me that I need to split this show up into ten minute segments and put it out that way. And I'm like, how do you do that, especially when you're having long conversations about complex things. Oh maybe I shouldn't have long come conversations.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: And Aaron, you know what, I did consider shaving my head. Uh, but you don't know. I don't look. I don't.
Speaker 16: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't look as good as you wo with the shaved head. Okay, and I got scars up there. Anybody who's seen me with a shaved head pretty much goes, yeah, you look like you're gonna be in one of those true crime documentaries. You're going to be the guy that we found, you know, eight bodies and we're not sure who they were, and they've been there for many years under the house, and then you're making deals for the other thirty Okay when they see me with the shaved head. I'm just telling you anyway, So I wanted to meet that where it was, and uh, let's bring Jimmy back on, and what time is it? Jeez? The Age of Transitions will be beginning. Holy crapping. Only about five minutes. Wow, Okay, let's let Jimmy get in and then we'll get out of here for this week. I don't know. Anyway, enjoy the podcast because nobody's calling in. Uh and you know, there you go? Do what do I still do? The call in show? Feedback please in photochelli dot com or blind JFK researcher at gmail dot com, hit me or be Pete up on X let us know, let us know what to do. B Pete's willing to roll with the punches whichever way we go, so let me know. Anyway, Jimmy, Jimmy, you're back on. So what else you got?
Speaker 7: I you tell me what's the question?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the question? I got many many questions and we've only got five minutes, so I was just hoping for whatever was. What do you think is the biggest thing this week that people were talking about? I mean, did you run in anything relevant this week that you think is the most important thing people should know? Also? What do you think about this weird contrast with this guy? Look? I probably know where you're going to go with this. But Trump reading off, you know, his domestic violent stuff in the Oval office. I got really nasty, mixed feelings about that. And it's got nothing to do with Trump, because I had a first wife that made me out to be a wife beater and a stalker to people all over whorld for a little while. And I'm not that guy, you know, despite the Italian jokes some people could make, I'm not that guy. So you know, people do things when they're splitting up, and people do nasty things when they're splitting up and lie on you. And you know what, Donald Trump should know that because if we went with every statement that his ex wives were making when he was divorcing them, you know, even as supporters would have to run if you bought all that. But even I don't, just because I don't know. I'm a man and I know how that crap works. But anyway, Jimmy, what's your thoughts on it?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think Trump. I didn't watch the thing. I mean, I'm so sick of that. It's like twenty four seven Camp Plain cover. It's even though the camp Plain's long since supposedly over right, I just find it very tightsome and I just have it be watching it. But uh, okay, so you're ready. Yeah, but okay, what's the context? By any chance, did some fake reporter say something crazy, mister Trump, what about that Maryland man who's just getting along, you know, doing this thing and you just threw him out of the country.
Speaker 2: For no reason.
Speaker 7: So the guy spread off some of his criminal rap sheets. Sounds like it was.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yah, it's funny.
Speaker 7: I got way more grievances against the going zons of DC than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But here's the thing. If that guy had a situation where the judges ruled that he was able to stay here and wasn't actually guilty of a crime, Okay, if he wasn't, which is the story that was quoted at first, and there was no public record on it. He's saying, judges attested to the fact that he was a gang member. Judges attested to that, but nobody went and investigated it. And then there was the domestic violence thing that again the wife had came out and already said, look, we had trouble back then, we went to counseling, we fixed it. Uh, that's not a reason to deport somebody domestic violence with your wife. Sorry, especially if it's a question.
Speaker 7: Here's I've seen You're just for some reason. It's amazing you just go with the wrong on this. There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that this man was a gang member, and no, his wife's begging and pleading for that bastard to never come back.
Speaker 2: But that's what Trump said. But then she went on television herself and said differently.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day, Donald Trump, and not no judges, is the chief immigration officer. That Supreme Court said that nine to zero.
Speaker 2: Cool, So yeah, that's over with, okay, cool?
Speaker 3: So when I didn't want.
Speaker 7: That to be my last word, how'd that get to be my last word?
Speaker 2: It's not your last word. More. I'll let you have more. But you know what, I just I just wonder if everybody's going to be happy with this when due process is not not for anybody anymore. But okay, cool, great.
Speaker 7: Americans is in he was all of them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: Due process is due in a criminal case, and in a court case, and in a civil case, but not in an immigrationis case of an illegal alien. And I ain't gonna get into that crazy stuff though, all.
Speaker 4: I could say is we need to.
Speaker 7: Buy a lot of horses, man, because uh.
Speaker 5: Or horsepower?
Speaker 2: All right, cool?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: I do like that.
Speaker 2: But you know, the guy you're listening to right now, the guy speaking me, I could easily be labeled as a domestic terrorist and deported. So if that happens, I'm going to remember all of you just tell him you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't because you were born here a natural lot of citizens. This guy isn't. It's an immigration case. There's no new process in immigration. They're not allowed a trial.
Speaker 4: They went to fort some time back and some judge put a hold on his deportation order. But they can override that and deport him. Well's the way the immigration laws are written.
Speaker 2: Well here, here's here's the problem. Citizen or not. If you're declared a terrorist, you are eligible to be deported. And Trump wants them to be more prisons than Nol Salvador so he can start sending some of our bad guys from here. So you know, just saying it might be in the future.
Speaker 4: So if that happens, all right, I'm gonna end my section with this quick trivia question.
Speaker 3: What premiered on this day on MTV in nineteen eighty seven, and we were talking about the genre.
Speaker 2: Earlier Headbanger's Ball.
Speaker 3: There you go, bad Dings.
Speaker 2: See that. I answered that faster than a JFK question.
Speaker 3: We're getting old. I mean, that's almost forty years ago.
Speaker 2: I know, I was thinking about that earlier. Today is that it's two years short of forty years. It seems like only yesterday I was talking about stuff only being twenty years old. Now I'm talking about stuff that is forty years old. I turned fifty three a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I did, Well, you know, we're all getting older. I hit the big sixty five.
Speaker 2: This year, so I'm probably not going to live to see that age, my brother, but I'm glad that you have anyway. Coming up next on the Ocelli dot Com Radio Network is The Age of Transitions with Aaron Franz, and I'm going to give the final word this week to my co host b Pete because we're over time a little bit, but let him get it out anyway.
Speaker 3: All right, you guys hang around for Aaron and Uncle. That's going to be an entertaining show. I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Other than that, go to a Celli dot Com Hit the donate button. Every little bit helps. We've got to make some technology changes, so it's going to help us out. And I can rest assured every people, all the people that have called into this place, they have helped out. So they put their money with their mouth.
Speaker 3: It's it's time for you all to do it too.
Speaker 4: More than that, peace out. We'll see you next week and try to enjoy your Easter holiday.
Speaker 2: There you go, guys, and I hope you're well.
Speaker 9: No matter who you are, where you are, when you are
Speaker 4: Wish