Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them dives makes the cat backhand sigh, Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanta take your shot.
Speaker 3: We're waiting for you. Bink, you're looking real hot.
Speaker 4: Come and get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 3: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 4: I got it?
Speaker 6: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass, Padre's fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim Kass Hi, everybody, and welcome into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this beautiful Tuesday afternoon here in southern California. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers forty eight and thirty one on this season, first place and all alone top the NL West. After a fantastic ten game homestand that included a series winner with the Giants, the Padres and the Nationals. The Dodgers a day off yesterday. Now they hit the road. First stop a three game series in the Mile High City against the Colorado Rockies. Jack Dreyer on the mound as the opener for the blue first pitch, and Corse Field is coming up at five forty. Between then and now, we got a hot to get to here. I'm aranggo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on the where this Dodgers team is as they embark on a six game road trip in Denver and in Kansas City. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vassi joins this throughout the hour, he'll go one on one with Michael Conforto, one of those Dodger left handed hitters trying to figure his way through here the month of June. We got your Dodgers magical moment coming up. Shortly, we'll head down to the field in Denver and checking in with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast with Tim Nevern and Rick Monday. Well. On Sunday, it was Otani Day Show. Hey Otani got the start his second in a Dodger uniform. He wentn't just the one inning, no runs, no hits. He struck out two. He threw eighteen pitches, hitting ninety eight miles an hour on his fastball. He turned it over to Ben Kisperius, who would get a bulk of the innings On Sunday. He went five innings, gave up three runs on five hits. Those three runs came on the home run from Nathaniel Lowe, a three run shot in the top half of the third as the Nationals led three to nothing, and it remained that way until the bottom half of the sixth inning, when the Dodgers loaded the basis, finally getting after Mike's Soroka, who they didn't have a hit until the fifth inning off of In the sixth, they got after him, and then the Nats bullpen Max Munsey a grand slam.
Speaker 3: Two and two.
Speaker 5: The count the stretch by Ferrari. He kicks fires and Max wings trills went deep left center field. This ball heading back.
Speaker 4: To the wall.
Speaker 7: This ball is die hits, a grown slam.
Speaker 8: Maxwell swinging a silver hammer flips the score and the Dodgers now lead it four to three. That's the first Grand Slam hit by a Dodger this season.
Speaker 9: Number seven of his career from Max Moncy.
Speaker 1: He got all of it, Max Monty. With the Grand Slam Dodgers slipping around, they take a four to three lead in the sixth and the seventh they really busted it open Show Hey Otani a bassis clearing triple that made it a seven to three Dodgers lead. Mookie Betts then an RBI single made it eight to three. A few batters later, Max Munsey again.
Speaker 5: They've got eight hits on the board.
Speaker 3: Bitch.
Speaker 7: He swings hits a drive tap bright center way back.
Speaker 10: It goes.
Speaker 3: He's done it again.
Speaker 8: Max Monsey with a home run, a three run shot, and.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers have opened this game. It is now eleven to three monthly with seven RBIs today.
Speaker 1: Wow, have yourself a day, Max Monty, a Grand Slam, a three run home run, Dodgers up eleven to three, Show Hey Otani. Then a two run home run in the eighth, the Dodgers were up thirteen to three. It was a laugher until the ninth when Keik Hernandez came in. Game of four runs. Alex Vesia faced three batters to pick up the mess and get the game over with as the Dodgers cruise to a thirteen to seven win over the Washington Nationals on Sunday. Ben Casparius gets the win, Jose Ferir gets the loss. Max Monty drives in seven, show Heyotani drives in five. They combined to drive in twelve with the Dodgers thirteen runs as the Dodgers take this series from the Nationals. They go seven to three on the homestand and now sitting at forty eight and thirty one on the season, a three and a half game lead in the NL. Well us Jack Dryer. He gets the ball tonight as the Dodgers will head to Denvers they start a three game series against the Rockies. First pitch coming up in five forty and with more. We head out to the Gallpin Moons broadcast booth in Denver as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and rig Monday guys.
Speaker 5: Tim, thanks very much. A little overcast and some sprinkles here in Denver, Colorado, but the weather should pass through and the Dodgers and Rockies will begin this three game set here in the Mile High City. The Dodgers come in with a record of forty eight and thirty one, three and a half games in front of the Giants, while the Rockies are twenty nine and a half games out eighteen and sixty overall, but they've won five of their last eight games and things seem to be getting a little better in Rocky Land. Jack Dryer will be the opener tonight, and we expect Justin Robleski to pitch most of the game for the Dodgers. Herman Marquez, who pitched against the Dodgers back at Dodgers Stadium in April and only lasted two thirds of an inning, will have the start for Colorado Day off yesterday, ma and certainly one that was needed. The Dodgers had played twenty three games in twenty four days, but even though they had so much concentrated activity, they still were able to break a tie with the Giants and the Padres and really build a lead in the National League.
Speaker 9: West, including winning seven of the last nine. And in that period of time they've scored on average over six and a half runs in seventeen home runs as well. One thing that I would say to the Dodgers do not take the Rockies lightly. Yes, they've lost sixty games, but as you were talking about, they've won five of the last eight and they have scored a bunch of runs over those eight games, So they're kind of looking for something refreshing and would like to get things going. We'll kind out what's going to happen here tonight. I think the biggest thing too, is, you know, there was light rain during battle practice. The lights run a little bit later on, but it doesn't really affect the weather up here.
Speaker 10: I think the.
Speaker 9: Dodgers realize three and a half in front of San Francisco, five and a half in front of San Diego, but they were no doubt like to increase that lead.
Speaker 5: Shohi Otani started swinging a good bat at the end of the series with Washington and Max Munsey has been swinging a pretty good bat all month of June. Seven RBIs third time in his career he's had a seven RBI game. That was on Sunday afternoon. But you know, here is a place where Otani has hit exceptionally well against the Rockies and months he's done great here as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I talked to Munseie briefly on the airplane yesterday from lax to Denver, and I just asked him. I said, hey, did you get on that Grand Slam home run? He goes, yeah, I got every ounce of it. And I said, we'll just keep doing that over and over and over. I'll tell you a couple of hot hitters. Look at Will Smith the last seven games, he's hit four h nine, but on the flip side of the coin. Freddie Freeman trying to figure it out the last fifteen games, Freddie swinging the bass but hitting just a buck eighty six in that period of time. I said to him on the plane, I said, look, you're going to try anything differently today. He goes, well, I'm going to try a little different approach in the batting practice watching him. He did, and we'll see if he's going to pay off tonight. I told him, say, look, you're right on the version of breaking out and getting high.
Speaker 5: Now, Freddie Freeman is on the verge of four thousand total basis for his career. You know, for a guy who played a long time, can you put that in perspective of how difficult that is to get to four thousand.
Speaker 9: It's unimaginable being able to do that. That's not a goalie said, you're setting goals maybe having some periodic longevity in this game, maybe being able to hit X number of home runs, maybe being able to hit a certain batting average in your career, but to accumulate that many total bases and the games that he has played, it's really it's been a remarkable career and he's not done.
Speaker 5: The Rockies will have a different looking lineup tonight as they have shaken things up to start this three game set with the Dodgers. A lot of Dodger fans expected to be here in Denver for the series and especially tonight for the opener Dodgers and Rockies coming up from the Mile High City.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans or memory, you can get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Yeah, what are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. We have a lot to get to, a lot of people to hear from for first pitch, including the manager Dave Roberts. Michael Confordo goes one on one with David Basse coming up in about thirty five minutes, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Dodgers going with an opener. Oh look at your own TONI rewind and we'll head to the field and visit love with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA.
Speaker 10: Next.
Speaker 1: That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies. First pitch at five forty. They should be with us. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 8: Know where.
Speaker 4: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers in Denver is a start a road trip three games against the Rockies. Jack Dryer, Rman Marquee is the pitching matchup, Jack Dryer the opener. First pitch from Denver is coming up at five forty.
Speaker 4: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 9: I mean this is just unique two two.
Speaker 5: He went around that strike three got him with a sweeper first strikeout for Ozani and they're a two away. This is the stretch. They kick the pitch swinging a hard ground.
Speaker 7: Ball fared on the first baseline in the score is Kim Confordo right behind him. Here comes Dalton rushing around second and on his way to third with a basis clearing triple is soho hey Otani.
Speaker 5: Tell us right now, here's Alfonso Marquez overturned. It is a home runner, So show hey Otani with a home run, he gets to finish the Cadillac trot right now.
Speaker 3: For Otani, it's home run numbers twenty six. And Otani's got a five.
Speaker 1: RBI day one a day for show hay on Sunday and any and he struck out of pitch, did not give up a hit at the plate, a triple basis clearing triple and then a two run home run is twenty six of the year. Five ribbis on the day for Showho Tani and the Dodgers thirteen to seven wain over a national.
Speaker 4: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey kersenou joins us from Corsfield in Denver. Brought to you by car Ours for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Give him a call at eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with THEK to donate your car today. The Dodgers in the Mile High City for the next three days. And sometimes you can go to Colorado and your bullpen will get lit up. They say it's where bullpens go to die. But other times you can go there to get right, especially if you're an offense or some guys struggling.
Speaker 2: I love how you said that. You're right, Samley, it's a hitter's friendly ballpark. And so of course we've seen we're coming off of a game in which the Dodgers may face the Nationals. Guys took off, whether that was next Monday, hitting what his two hundredth for your run in Dodger's uniform and it being a Grand Slam, I'll go ahead, Grand Slam, and following it up with another home run that game. So we started seeing kind of the beginning of it. But now that where you're in Colorado. Of course, even saw pretty Freeman knew how to hit in that last game that it did seem like, you know, that one had to feel good for him. The hope is that you come to a place where it is a hitter friendly ballpark. As we've hit on it, don't play some more guys can get going. Because of course you have whether it's Freddie Freeman who has felt like he just hasn't really been right since what April, end of April, early May, and he felt like he kind of his swing got left in Arizona and that was May eleventh. So he's been looking to kind of get things going again and kind of frustrated at the play. Don't play see someone who's kind of turned things around or use Colorado and the elements to his advantage. Then you also someone like Lucie Betts who has been grinding, and Dave said today he just feels like right now he's missing the barrel. Some of that is pitch selection of its mechanics. But for him, if he can just kind of get himself into a good spot, into a good groove, be able to turn some things around to get back on track where he likes to be offensively.
Speaker 1: Dodgers goal with Jack Dreyer as the opener in this series opener, what's the plan after hereson?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so Jack is going to hope with up the tone in this one and then it's going to be a justin real bless you day. He's of course can take Don Walds winnings. He is built up on that seventy five kind of pitch count range. So hopefully four or five innings he can take down. It's essentially going to be his game. Of course, the bullpen is in a good spot considering the team is coming off of an off day yesterday, but Dave Roberts is hopeful that, especially with Justin, whenever he's come out of the bullpen or come in in relief, the numbers have been much better than when he's come in as a starter. So they're kind of maybe able to use that to his advantage, to their advantage because they're looking to you know, as much as the Rockies are struggling this year and having a losing season thus far, they're still looking to pick up some wins and continue to play Dodgers baseball. Here in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Altitude is a real thing for anybody who goes to Denver to Colorado. How does it affect you? Does it affect you?
Speaker 10: Do you notice it?
Speaker 1: Kureston?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do notice it and anything. It's just like it feels drier here as well. And I will say because of what happened. Maybe it was like two years ago we sorted raining and then all of a sudden he was hailing here at course Fields, so we sorted raining. This afternoon, and I just get nervous because it might start hailing in a intrential downpourt any point if I started sprinting back to the hotel like two blocks.
Speaker 4: And I was winded.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the guys have oxygen tanks like down here, a little like pumps that they can use to kind of rehoop the lungs if need beads. It is a little rain in the forecast for this evening. So all we know is we are in Denver, and this is forest Fields World, and whatever course Field wants forest Fields getting, We're all in for a surprise. I feel like that's the case.
Speaker 1: Denver's one of those cities they say, if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, it's gonna change anyway. So literally, we shall see Kirsty. We appreciate it still to come here. On Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Veste goes one on one with Michael Conforto of nextoh An injury report and we'll get the pregame thoughts of the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and Rockies first bitch coming up at five forty of Tim Kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 1: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we are leading you up to first pitch from Denver Dodgers and the Rockies start of a three game series Marongo Casino Resort and spot a Grand Slam for good times. Jack Dryer is your opener in the series opener first pitch at five forty.
Speaker 4: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report, resented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tony Gonsolin on the sixty day Il lakes now on the sixty day, I L. Tyler Glass now on a minor league rehab assignment in Oklahoma City. Over the weekend through two innings, Luis Garcia threw an inny in Rancho Kucamonga. Over the weekend with the Quakes. Rookie Sasaki's throwing on flat ground. Blake trying and trying to work his way back as well from the sixty day I L. All right, there's the injury report of that tip back out to Denver and get the pregame thought to the Dodgers, Gibber, anything.
Speaker 11: Else, d the questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 10: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 12: The dugouts with Dave Roberts So having Justin pitched Sunday too on this trip.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so as we look here Tuesday, his next one will be on Sunday. Yeah, I don't know what and what capacity is.
Speaker 12: That set up Saturday for another Otani Casperio.
Speaker 13: We'll see, we'll see. I got to make sure I keep it open ended. Tyler's rehabsart, you know, I think he came out of it fine. So for the for the fact that it was his first one, we feel really good about it. And he'll Philip Penn I think tomorrow and he's back online either Friday or Saturday. So I think overall, in totality we're in a good spot.
Speaker 10: See is here because outing in Rancho Goboll.
Speaker 13: It went well, it would went well. He it went well. He traveled here and not sure when his activation will be, but you know, you're looking obviously in the next few days. It's a it's a good possibility.
Speaker 12: Just like how Mookie and Freddy have been going the last two to three weeks. Now, is there any concern about what you're seeing in just how long they've kind of been stuck in this kind of rut in front for obviously two guys that you know gone through struggles before and gotten out of it.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 13: No, not not long term concerns. I think with Freddy I have seen some signs where you know, he's he's hit some balls hard and hasn't gotten anything to show for it, so that sort of is discouraging for him. I just know he's gonna find his way out of it, and I think with MOOKI I've seen some signs that he's gonna find his way out as well. I do think that getting on the road, we had I think nine of ten home the home games were night games, and it was just kind of a lot intense. Getting on the road I think is gonna kind of lend itself to a little bit more offense.
Speaker 1: I think, all right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, covering a lot of things, the injuries, maybe Otani pitching in Kansas City, and Freddy Freeman holy turning around things offensively on this road trip. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll get the latest with the David vat say as Orlin, you have to first bitch of the Mile High City Denver, Colorado Dodgers rock He's the first pitch at five forty of Tim Kase's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio that.
Speaker 11: Way as we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and the Rockies start up a three game set from Denver. Jack Dryer is the opener for the Blue Hermont Marquez, the Venger right hander, will go for Colorado first pitch, coming up at five.
Speaker 4: Forty, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 4: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 1: Always fun to be back in the Mile High City. David, I imagine a place where bullpens go to die in offenses, go to tack on more offense and pad your numbers up there. But how are this Dodger team going into Colorado facing a Rockies team that's playing better?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: You kind of, I guess, I mean they got walked off against the Nationals before Washington came to Dodgers Stadium. But it's so strange here at Coursefield and here in Denver. The weather seems to change every hour. And it was raining during betting practice for the Dodgers about forty five minutes ago, and now all of a sudden, we're starting to see blue skies beyond left field. So right now, it seems like this game is going to get going on time. First pitch coming up at five forty Pacific six forty Mountain time. And they did put up an advisory during Dodgers betting practice that there is a severe warning watch until eight o'clock local time, but they have not flashed that since. So right now the grounds crew is getting the infield ready and it feels like the Dodgers and Rockies will be set to play baseball on time.
Speaker 1: David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five four f one to fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new light, take advantage of employee pricing. Through the end of June. Mookie bets David. The offensive struggle is real.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know It's interesting because last year Mookie Betts was playing shortstop, but his offense was at the top of the National League last year. That hasn't been the case this year. He's very average. He's actually not been bad, but he hasn't been Mookie Betts this year. He's really average. As betting average is average two fifty five. His ops is right around the major league average. And we've talked about this before. You know, he's making mechanical adjustments and he tweaks with his mechanics and his hands constantly, but also the confidence. As incredible as this sounds, Mookie Bets struggles with confidence and he's not getting a lot of results, so his confidence is down. And you know, when he was teammates with JD Martinez in Boston and for one year here with the Dodgers, Jd was constantly that positive reinforcement. But you know, at some point you got to learn how to fly on your own and Mookie's got to find that within himself. So we'll see where it goes from here. But playing shortstop, you never take a pitch off, and maybe that's part part of the equation here.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave, appreciate it. We'll check back you with you In just a couple of minutes. Dave is gonna go one on one with Michael Conforto. That's coming up in fifteen minutes. Dodger fans coming up here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck. Next, well, we're gonna get you your Dodgers magical moment leading you up to Dodgers and Rockies the start of a three game series from Denver. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies from Denver on this Tuesday night. Thanks for being with us, Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck continues. Jack Dryer the opener, Harman Marquez, the veteran, will go for the Rockies. First bitch coming up at five forty.
Speaker 4: Who wants a hot It's time for the Haffey Magical moment Ditch Magical by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: With the Dodgers being in Denver, we go back to April twenty second, twenty sixteen, Dodgers at Corsefield, taken on the Rockies yas El Puige roaming right field for the Blue. A ball hit out to the outfield, and what a throw he made to.
Speaker 4: Two to one?
Speaker 3: Is a fly ball to right that goes tweighted.
Speaker 6: He is at the wall, he jumps, he can't get it.
Speaker 3: It is off the wall, and Story can really run. He's on his way to third base, and what a throw and he is out at third page.
Speaker 6: Yes, the old Puig with one of the great throws you will ever see in this game. He is three hundred and seventy nine feet from home plate.
Speaker 3: He threw on the fly.
Speaker 6: Story could run, and he was out by a thread. A magnificent throw by Yasie old Puig. You're never gonna see anything like this one again. That will go down as one of the great throws in baseball history. It bounced off a wall, then he had to chase it down, and then in one motion he threw a strike in which Turner was able to slap the tag on Trevor's story.
Speaker 3: The story was Pleague's throw.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what a throw indeed from Yasio Puigue. He had an arm. Yeah, And getting Trevor's story at third base on what should have been a triple instead, it was a laser of a throw from Puigue. This Hoffey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey Sokowst Local Treasure. Yeah for nearly one hundred years Haffey hot Dogs Local.
Speaker 10: So great.
Speaker 1: Well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back you on Rick Monday for leading you up to first pitch. Don't go anywhere, Dodgers Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season Law.
Speaker 1: Dodgers, Jack Dryer, the opener armand Marquez. We'll go for the Rockies first bitch coming up at five point forty time out for the Dodgers' game plan. Dodgers fans, you need a game plan too. You gotta start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. What are you waiting for? Class is gonna fill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 4: And now joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: All right, Rick, you're back in the Mile High City. Courus Field. Always seems to be an adventure, always something going on here.
Speaker 9: There's always something going on. And for the Rockies, they've had little something going on too. Believe it or not, They've won five for the last eight ball games in spite of the fact they are eighteen and sixty. No, that's not a misprint. Eighteen wins and sixty losses and they're eight and twenty nine at home. That being said, Dodgers, don't take you foot off the gas pedal. You know they start today the Dodgors do with a three and a half game lead in front of San Francisco, five, in front of San Diego, and you don't want to lift your foot off the accelerator right now and lose ground to a wall club that they're kind of feeling good about themselves finally this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about it. You've talked about this all season long. Teams like the Rockies treat these type of series as their World Series.
Speaker 9: Every team is doing that against the defending world champions. That's just the way it is. I think one of the reasons it's so difficult to repeat is that everybody wants a part of you because they understand, Hey, look, next week, the World champions are coming in. Hey, next month, the World champions are coming in twice eight. It's talked about. And that's the goal that other ball clubs are going against. You want to be able to compete against the best. What's the best. Well, if you look at the National League right now, Western Division, the Dodgers again are atop the.
Speaker 3: Heap, and it's unrealistic to believe the Dodgers can play elite baseball one hundred and sixty two times.
Speaker 9: No, they're going to throw out some turkeys every once in a while, and we've seen them and they're waiting for a couple of guys to get hot. Interesting, I'll share this with you. But we got on the plane yesterday. I went by Freddy Freeman. I looked at him. He just smiled and shook his head and I went, hey, I understand it, been there, done that. And for Freeman, he's having some difficulty. I mean, the last fifteen games, Freddy's inting at one eighty six, he goes, what do you got for me, And I said, Jess, keep plugging away. He says, no, I have a plan. I said, what's the plan? He said, I'm going to take batting practice tomorrow. Meeting today, He goes, I'm going to take batting practice. The idea is home run derby. I'm going to see how many base balls I can hit out of the ballpark. I've tried everything else, I'll try this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he could get some frustration out on the baseball.
Speaker 9: So watch him, watch him in batting practice today and see it.
Speaker 3: I'll watch to see whether or not he hits a home run.
Speaker 9: And he said it, you know, tongue in cheek, but when you're struggling and you're trying and trying and trying. Although I did tell him, I said, you remember the ball that you hit foul, the fast ball inside that he hit foul, roped it down the right field line. He goes, yeah, I went hold on to that swing. Hold on to that thought. And he goes, I am. He said, that's one of the best swings that I've had in a while.
Speaker 3: Hey, Rick, you know, Freddy has the right ankle issue that he manages every day. He had a quad issue that reared its ugly head in San Diego. Is it reasonable to believe that maybe physically he's not feeling the best during this stretch of time.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I think it's just absolutely a fact. I don't think there's any question about it. I think it does bother him. If you can watch him around first base bag too. I mean there are some there are some balls that are hit that I think in the past he would give two with ordinary effort. Now is taking a little extra effort. He's banged up. All these guys are banged up. You know what, They're going to continue to get banged up all during the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about it. But Freddy has a Freddy has significant I don't know if you want to call it injuries, but things that are hampering him.
Speaker 9: He also has a high pain tolerance that you have to have. Speaking of high pain tolerance, it's not just physical. Sometimes it's mental. And you're gonna talk to a guy who's has a high pain tolerance right now from a mental standpoint, Michael Conforto, And let's face it, he struggled, but I'll tell you what, he gives one hundred percent effort every time he's out there, including a terrific catcit he made just a few games ago in left field.
Speaker 3: Maybe I can help him out the way I helped JD Martinez out a couple of years ago. JD did a pregame interview in Atlanta, went on a heater after that. The rest is history.
Speaker 9: That's what you're going with. Yeah, sure, hey, why not try it?
Speaker 3: He's tried everything else. Yeah, absolutely, little Vassa magic can't help.
Speaker 9: For the interview standpoint, Go for the home run Derby, just like just like Freddy's gonna do.
Speaker 3: All right, we hit one now the ballpark this time too, Rick. I like what you brought to the table. Goodbye to we'll send it back to the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys still to come here on Wrongo Because you know, Dodgers on deck. We're gonna dive deeper to this pitching matchup our mom Marquez going for the Jack Dryer, the opener going in for the Dodgers, and what is a bullpen game. We'll dive deeper into the numbers coming up. But I'm next to go high and tight, as they were just alluding to Michael Conforto, Dodger outfielder that's next. As we lead jump to Dodgers and Rockies on this Tuesday, I'm Tim Case's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies as they start a three game series and Denver Jack Dryer the opener for the Blue first pitch coming up at five forty. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen Shech Sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, the tradition. You can taste it and all the different kind of roles and platters and bulls that they got. Check them out near the deli counter at Ralph's Zen she hand Crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 4: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This is high and tight.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and Rockies getting set for first pitch, and our guest Michael CONFORDO, how to take batting practice in the rain? How did that go?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 14: There's a little bit of slippage in the uh in the cage on the mat. It's a little wet out there. But I don't I mean, I don't think the grounds crew is concerned. They're not They're not pulling the tart or anything. So I think we're in good shape for the game, at least.
Speaker 3: Over your career coming here, it just always seems like it's an adventure at Corsefield.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you never know what the weather. I think the rain was supposed to come at like four keeps pushing back.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 14: Obviously that lot can happen on the field. Ball flies here, there's a lot of grass, hopefully, hopefully a good situation.
Speaker 10: For our hitters.
Speaker 3: I was giving Dalton Rushing Guy in a report on course field. I actually pointed out that left field is one of the bigger left fields in baseball.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's it's I mean just the outfield. When you go out there and stand in the outfield, it's by far the biggest, the most space to cover. The thing is like the ball kind of hangs up in the air a little bit longer here, so it gives you a little more time, like if you're playing defense to get under it and then like line drives will stay up a little bit longer. So you definitely have to go out there and just kind of see how the balls flying kind of on the day, you know, just to get a feel for it.
Speaker 3: So you have to played a little bit more safe out there because there is so much real estate.
Speaker 14: I've heard so over my career I've played really deep here, trying to keep everything in front. I've had teams want me to play shallow and actually take away the cheaper hits and let this, you know, the balls that are slugged, you know, get to the fence and you hopefully hold them on second. I've heard multiple different strategies of how to how to play defense here, but I think I think we're gonna be on the deeper side today. And then you just just be an athlete and and you know, go out and make the play.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's what Michael Confordo does. Be athlete out there. We all know that it's been a little bit of a struggle for you to start the year. How have you been able to handle it and stay positive?
Speaker 14: Just you know, a lot of help for my family, a lot of help for my teammates. Yeah, it's been it. You know, it's been a heck of a grind of a year, you know, really not not swinging the bat that the way that I you know, wanted to start the season obviously started pretty well, and then and then just kind of, you know, fell out of my routine a little bit. And you know, so we're just we're kind of we're on our way. You know, we're hitting the ball hard. We're just looking for consistency and and uh, you know every day I'm just showing up ready to work and and uh, you know, I'm never gonna quit. So you know, I think we're on our way and and a lot of good things are coming.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you're starting to get closer to yourself because we have seen you hit the ball hard in the last week, and we've seen glimpses of it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, you know, I'm it's it's there. It's there for sure. It's just a matter of you know, doing it time after time, day after day, you know, going up there with a with a consistent approach and a consistent swing, you know, and you know, there's there's a lot of baseball to be played.
Speaker 10: You know, we're a little bit over halfway through, but.
Speaker 14: You know, I think I think the best the best days are ahead for sure.
Speaker 3: What's it been like to be part of this lineup obviously to understanding that, uh, they're not sinking or swimming with any one player.
Speaker 14: I mean, it's been a aside from my own struggles, has been a really fun lineup to be a part of, you know, just to see a different every day.
Speaker 10: You know, it seems like every every.
Speaker 14: Day, every series, there's somebody, somebody different that's that's carrying the team.
Speaker 10: You know, it's a relentless lineup.
Speaker 14: Guys get on base, Guys don't chase, and guys come through in big situations. And you know that's why we're putting up so many runs. You know, it's really the situational stuff and just constant traffic on the basis. And it's a good recipe for for a really good offense.
Speaker 3: And it feels like everybody supports each other.
Speaker 14: Yeah, absolutely, I mean I'm I can tell you firsthand. Guys you know, pick each other up. You know, everybody is always telling me, you know, we know you can hit, just keep going. You know, they always have my back and and you know it helps, It really helps to have your teammates have your back like that and and just constantly remind you that they know who you are and you know they've seen you do it for a long time. So that's another great thing about having a veteran group of guys. As guys who've been around, we played against each other for a long time, we all, you know, kind of know what what everyone's capable of.
Speaker 10: So that's you know, that's that's a plus as well.
Speaker 3: I've heard guys when they're going through good and bad times, they stay with something superstitious. Have you questioned what you're eating in the morning, have you questioned what you're wearing?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Does it go that far?
Speaker 10: I've questioned everything, absolutely everything.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm going through all those things, and uh, you know, we're gonna keep finding finding little things to to try to break, you know whatever. You know, whatever's going on the ball not finding the grass, you know, we'll get it figured out and we'll write the ship by the end of the season.
Speaker 3: I got good news for you. A couple of years ago, JD. Martinez one year deal with the Dodgers got off to a slow start. Did this exact same pregame interview and went on a heater and drove in a hundred runs that season. So I feel like maybe we need to recreate the JD. Martinez magic. You gotta give me a dead fish handshake because because of the broken wrist.
Speaker 14: Okay, yeah, absolutely mean, I'm up for absolutely everything. Yeah, we got the dead fish handshake going on right now.
Speaker 3: All right, there we go, Michael Confordo. The magic has happened. Thanks a lot for the time, and you're an easy guy to root for and we look forward to seeing you crossing home plate a few times tonight.
Speaker 10: I appreciate it. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: There he is the man, my guy, Michael Conforto. We'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim.
Speaker 1: Let's hope it works, David. It worked with J. D. Martinez a few years ago. Certainly would love to see Michael Conforto get on track here in twenty twenty five. Dodgs Baseball is brought to by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at shakys dot com or lead you have to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies up next We'll dive deeper of this pitching matchup. I'll go anywhere. Tim Case is a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Rockies first FISHERM Denver coming up in five forty and.
Speaker 4: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: President by your side of the California and Toyota dealers work hard and play hard in a new Tacoma with an Ibours Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the ball. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Has not been an easy season for Harman Marquez, thirty year old right hander out of Venezuela three and eight with the six eleven ERA, his tenth season out of the big league's all with the Rockies. He's making his one hundred and ninetieth career start with the Rockies tonight, third most in franchise history. He's also the Rockies all time strikeout leader, making a sixteen start this season. In the month of June, it's been okay two to one in four starts with the three forty eight ERA. He last time out five to two, third, shutout any and six hits in a win over the Washington Nationals. Dodgers saw him back on April sixteenth at Dodger Stadium. He didn't get out one inning, two thirds of an inning, seven run, six hits, including two home runs, in a loss against the Dodgers' eighteen career starts, he's three and six with a four to thirty six rara. Jack Dryer is the opener for the Dodgers. Twenty six year old rookie left hander undrafted out of Iowa, making his fifth start thirty first appearance. Last time out was Saturday, one inning to work against the Washington Nationals. The Dodgers bullpen, which is a bullpen game tonight, three hundred and forty two innings, already three hundred and forty four strikeouts, both leads the major leagues. Dodgers Rockies were fifteen minutes away for first pitch. He's in the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion in Los Angeles, Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue all season log.
Speaker 1: Lead me up to Dodgers and Rockies. First pitch getting close, Jack Dryer, Herman Marquez, the pitching matchup. First pitch set for five forty. That's heap. Back out to the booth, Tim Neverrick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 5: Tim, thanks again. We count you down to the first pitch at Coors Field in Denver, two hundred and eighty feet above sea level. As Jack Dreyer will get the start, it'll be his fifth start. He'll be the opener tonight for the Dodgers. Jack overall is two and two of the three one eight ERA. It's his thirty first overall appearance and whether he's in there an inning, ending in a third two innings. This rookie has been a very big bright spot out of the.
Speaker 9: Dodger bullpen, and especially to Tim. You start to look. He's allowed just the two to eleven banning average against him, and that's a big big deal. He's handled the lefties just a one ninety three average. Speaking of batting average against for Markeniz to the Dodgers will face again, as you mentioned, very short outing at Dodgers Stadium against his ball club, but he's given up the sixth highest batting average of any starting pitcher with X number of innings in Major League Baseball, opponents are hitting three point fifteen against him. The other part, you get on base, you have a chance to steal. There have been sixteen successful stolen bases in just eighteen attempts this year.
Speaker 5: Now, the Dodgers have had good success against Marquez and his six starts against La his record is one in five with an ERA of eight twenty three. So Hermion Marquez on the hill for the Colorado Rockies. Jack Dryer will start with Justin Robleski figuring to take down the bulk of the innings in this one tonight, Rockies and Dodgers coming up.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, thank you guys. Dodgers starting a six game road trip, three in Denver against the Rockies, then three games against the Kansas City Royals over the weekend. First things first, Dodgers need to take care of business and it starts tonight against the last place Colorado Rockies. First, betcham Denver is Next has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Audio Network