Speaker 1: Upgrade your optic with Hollisen, where innovation meets precision. With fifty thousand hours of battery life, shake awake technology and a solar failsafe, your optic is always ready when you are Hollosen confidence in every shot.
Speaker 2: From the range to the field. CZ firearms are built to perform when it counts. Known for accuracy, durability, and reliability. CZ stands apart. CZ built for those who demand more. CZ Firearms dot Com.
Speaker 3: All right, now it's your time to get involved with gun Talk. I'm Tom Gresham and this is gun Talk, and you can give me a call right now at Tom Talk Gun We are talking well about a lot of things, but one of the things we're discussing right now is the murders that took place in Twin Falls, Idaho yesterday. As we're talking on Sunday, guy with an AR starts shooting through windshields. He's in a parking lot of an in and out burger place, and while everybody else is shooting video him, one guy is shooting bullets at the bad guy. A guy named Jordan's Salinis decided he would shoot back. It looks like he's got an FN five point seven twenty eight pistol with a suppressor on it. You're shooting back at this guy. We have more holes in the story than we have fillers. We don't know a lot, or we don't know if Jordan Silinis actually hit the bad guy or if he's merely distracted him, which I say merely, which is not fair, because if you're distracting him, you're getting him to stop shooting good people and maybe turn his attention back to whoever's shooting at him. The bad guy is dead. The police have not told us who shot him. Was it the good guy who shot him, was the police who shot him? Or did the guy just off himself he quit suicide. Don't know. We'll know more in a day or two. There are lessons to be learned here about preparation, carrying and being willing frankly and trying me to talk about that a guy who teaches this stuff, Clark a potion out of Utah Clark. I know that this is just now happening. We're trying to make sense of it, and there's danger involved in trying to draw conclusions. But still, this this is quite the case study, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It absolutely is, Tom, and you know Twin Falls has been known as a somewhat sleepy town, but you know it's about three hours north of me and don't know how many hours south of you, But you don't expect that, but nowadays you have to. And the things that you have said are so important to understand, especially what you just said in that what if he didn't hit him, but he distracted him, and incoming fire always has that right of way, and even the bad guy, even the murderer, knows that, and he may have hesitated if he wasn't hit by him by Jordan, And I'm glad you don't mention the shooter's name, but we mentioned names like Jack Wilson one shot in Texas. He took out the bad guy, Elijah Dicken in Indiana engaged the person from what was it forty yards away in.
Speaker 5: A mall, yep and engaged him.
Speaker 4: So yeah, at the very least it distracted him and probably saved lives.
Speaker 5: So the other thing that I'm going back.
Speaker 4: On stuff that you've already taked Tom in that you have a gun. You always have a gun, and you're typically when you're out in a situation like that in a mall area or something like that, or driving around in and out, you're in your vehicle, where is your gun? Is it on your hip or is it in your fancy little magnetic hold or something like that. If you have to jump out of the car, you don't have your gun. So if it's on you, you have your gun and you can engage, and you know, you fight with what you got. It'd be great if you had that PCC, but if you just have a handgun, then you do with.
Speaker 5: What you can.
Speaker 4: There's some tactics and some things that we do. In fact, this brings me back to range Ready, a regular range, flat range, dirt firms. This kind of stuff. They don't do the kind of stuff that places like. And this is not an advertisement from range Ready, so you can do what you want, but they kind of inoculate you for real world scenarios, good guy bad guy type stuff. What's behind what's behind your shooter?
Speaker 5: If you miss her?
Speaker 4: It over penetrates right, and simple things like that.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, and I would direct people to the series we've been doing for seventeen years now, the First Person Offender series. It's on YouTube and it's you know, what do you do when? What do you do if how do you handle situations. It's just it's an eye opener and a thought provoker. But let me go back to your thought of Yeah, if the gun is on you, you will have it when you bail out of the car. Now, maybe you have time to go back to the trunk and get something. Maybe maybe maybe you don't. Maybe you got to get out of your car and boogie, in which case you want to have it on you. Clark, one of the things I was thinking about is I love little batty guns because they're so comfortable and so easy to carry. And you know, there's nothing like a little jframe or a little and the Smith Western Bodyguard two point zero is a great pistol, a little three eighty, and it has its place. But at the same time, I always think about they're easy to carry, and they're small when you carry in, but you know, when you pull it out to use it, it's small then too. And then I think, you know, but what am I going to want to have in my hand if I need it when I need it more than anything in the world. It's my parachute. It's the fire exting experience, the thing that lets me keep breathing. I'm gonna want something big enough to do.
Speaker 6: The job exactly.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think that comes down to why do people choose these teeny little guns to carry. It's because their choice of holster for their real gun isn't appropriate or is uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: And you have.
Speaker 4: A box of holsters. Some are great, some are not good at all, and that's why they're in the box. So you find a holster that fits you that you don't mind carrying all that gun, that ten mil or that nine mil, that mid size gun that you don't mind carrying everywhere. And I think that's why people gravitate to those teeny little guns, because they can put them in their pocket and it's not a big deal. You find a good holster and a technique for carrying it, and I think you can you can alleviate some of those desires to go with the TEDA gun.
Speaker 3: You discover that when you go to a multi day class and you're drawing and you're shooting, and you're putting the gun back in your holster and now you're five yards and seven yards and fifteen yards and twenty five yards and you're going, I just ran out of gun here, and you're thinking this is not going to get it, but you have to put yourself into a situation which you know, Clark, you and I sound like broken records when we keep saying you gotta go get training, and people go yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, but I want to go buy a new shiny gun. You go yeah, and you and I keep saying your next gun really ought to be a class I'm just.
Speaker 4: Telling you, yeah, I mean, and the training will open your eyes to things you didn't think about. In an engagement like this, there's other people around, innocent people that are trying to escape being shot and that type of thing. What do you do if your front site, rear sight is right on the bad guy, but directly behind them and maybe ten yards fifty yards behind them are innocent people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We have that exact type of scenario in a No King shooting two years ago in Salt Lake City where a quote unquote peacekeeper engaged a supposed bad guy and ended up shooting somebody blocks away, killing. And there's a simple technique I'll just I'll throw it out there that you get with training, that you get with good training, like I could range ready other places like that, you drop down to one knee and engage. What does that do that causes your You still hit your target, but if it misses that bullet is continuously the farther it goes climbing at an angle over and above other people's heads. So yes, you know things like that.
Speaker 3: Take that idea and say okay, but if that involves is moving Okay. The other thing you can do. You can move left and right, you can change the backstop. Maybe the backstop becomes a brick wall. If you move three feet you're right. Or if you've got people moving around and you can't get a clear shot, maybe what you have to do. This is something you ought to work on in training. Maybe you need to move forward, moving through people so you can get to a point where you have a clear shot. Once again, people say, well I never thought of that. Yeah, I know. That's why we go do this stuff.
Speaker 4: That's why the training, that's why training. You get that and it'll help you inoculate. Because I firmly believe there are some people. There are people that are just wired differently, and sometimes you never know how you're wired.
Speaker 5: Are you going to be one of those people that's going to.
Speaker 4: Escape, evade, hide, or are you going to be one of those people like Jordan, like Jack Wilson, michae Elijah Dickon, who said, no, I'm wired differently. I'm going to resist that urge of self preservation. I'm going to engage the bad guy. I'm going to at least distract him, if not take him out, because we all know law enforcement will arrive. They'll arrive with hundreds of officers and helicopters and dogs and m wraps and everything. It doesn't make any difference the size of that response if the killing has already been done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it is the stopwatch of death. The sooner you stop the killing, the more lives you save. One last thing. And I ask you this, and this is kind of a personal thing, Clark. I know every day when you leave the house, you got a gun on what goes through your mind each day when you put on your pistol.
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: Two things.
Speaker 4: I'm going to continue my way of life. I will do whatever I have to to continue my way of life. And I'm going to get back home safely. If that means that I escape or of aid to get back home, I will do that. If it means engaging a bad guy and putting them down, disabling them, or in fact ending their life. I will do what it takes to get back home every day.
Speaker 3: There it is. And the last part I always add is and you don't say that may happen today you start off, I say today is the day it's going to happen. So you've already made that decision. You know what's going to happen, so you're not surprised wh going to happen. And that really decreases your reaction time.
Speaker 4: See Tom. This is why when you do a search for best best gun related talk shows, best hunting shows, best legal shows, is always gun talk is the number one.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you do your pretty good job yourself, my friend, you do your good job yourself. I appreciate it. Kark appotion, Thank you very much. Always a pleasure having to hear you add so much. You take care of my friend. You do all right? Eight six six talk gun or Tom talk gun. At this point, are you making some mental adjustments? And if so, what are they? Let me know?
Speaker 7: For generations cults battle proven rifles. Ever in the trust of those who defend our nation. The cult N five car being continues that experience with a true free floating barrel system, enhanced ambidexterous controls, and reinforced durability for long term performance. Built for military, law enforcement and hobbyists alike, the M five delivers the reliability professtionals and enthusiasts demand. Visit your local cult stocking dealer in experience the Cult M five carving cult proven, trusted ready.
Speaker 8: Black Hills Amo is now loading a three hundred PRC round with a high VC hornity two twenty five grain ELD Match projectile. The three hundred PRC design eliminated the unnecessary belt of the three hundred Winchester Magnum and increased the body diameter. The result is increased powder capacity and a nearly one hundred fifty feet per second velocity increase to twenty eight hundred fps. The three hundred PRC two twenty five ELD Match provides superior capability on distant targets. Black Hills Ammunition the power of performance shooting sports life isn't just about guns. It's about the people, the stories, the competitions, the history, the craftsmanship, the families, the freedom. Whether you're into concealed carry, hunting, long range shooting, clay targets or collecting firearms. There's something waiting for you. Watch free on your smart TV, online or on your phone. Learn more at Shootingsportslife dot com. Shooting sports Life where freedom is a lifestyle.
Speaker 9: Whether it's for self defense or everyday carry a quality Surefire light can be a lifesaver. Surefire builds the most rugged, handheld and weapon mounted lights on the planet, manufactured right here in the USA to give you the upper hand when it counts most. Don't settle for good enough when your life is on the line. Go with a proven performer, Go Surefire. Find your setup at Surefire dot com.
Speaker 10: Two hundred and fifty years of American Liberty, Ruger is honoring that milestone with firearms worthy of the moment. The two hundred and fiftieth Anniversary series distinctly marked with made in the two hundred and fiftieth year of American Liberty. Each limited production model echoes Ruger's legendary nineteen seventy six bi centennial line while celebrating the eatam's the Second Amendment as safeguarded for generations, from the iconic ten twenty two to the LCP Max, the Super Wrangler to the American Rifle Jen two these aren't just guns.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the homes. Let's go talk with Ron. I don't line one out of Lakewood, Colorado. Hey, Ron, you got a mess in Colorado, now, don't you?
Speaker 11: Yes, my bags, old tongue, My listen is has the State of Colorado overstepped its boundary on the Second Amendment because they are requiring us to take not only a class to how to operate the weapon, regardless of what it is, and it's a month long deal. Is that infringement on our Second Amendment? Right? Or do they have the right to say you can't do this and they won't let you buy it gun until you do this.
Speaker 3: It's a brand new law just went into effect. And yes, of course it's an infringement. The question is are they going to be able to get away with it? And we don't know that until we challenge it in the courts. Clearly the lawsuits are coming, and look, and I want people to understand, this is what we are going to have in a number of states. Once the Supreme Court rules next June that the states cannot ban AR fifteen, so cannot ban semi automatic rifles, the states will go, oh okay, we can't ban the sale of them. But what we do is we can require you to take a twelve hour course, or a twenty five hour course, or a four hundred hour course before you are able to buy one, making it completely impossible or at the very least incredibly difficult and expensive. The idea of being that we'll just replace one band with another kind of ban, and then we'll have to go back and challenge that. I have a hope. I don't think it'll happen. But when the Supreme Court rules on the Viamonte's case, which is the AR fifteen ban case, and we're going to get that ruling next June, that they put into that because they can see what's going on in California and Colorado and other places. They can see these kind of barriers that are being thrown up. Wouldn't it be nice if, in their decision, when they say you cannot ban the sale of AR fifteen's, and you also cannot put these terrible restrictive requirements to say, yeah, you can buy one, but only after you take these long classes that cost you all this money. I don't know that that could happen if it's not been brought up in the case, but I would hope. But bottom line to my long way around to answer your question is yes, it's clearly an infringement on our Second Amendment rights, and clearly it will be challenged in the courts. What happens in courts is always a crapshoot, you never know. But watching keep it posted. I appreciate it and thank you for the call, sir. Uh, Well, let's stay in Colorado with line five, shawns with us out of loans in Colorado. You got a ranger for it for us, Seawn, talk to me.
Speaker 12: Hey, Tom, I've called you before, and I'm a SIG fanboy. And Murdos was running a special, uh two weeks ago for a P three twenty compact with five magazines and a Savior equipment which equipment bag which they make superior range bags.
Speaker 5: And I just took it.
Speaker 12: To the range yesterday and it shot for four hundred Let me let me back up for four hundred and fifty nine dollars.
Speaker 5: Wow, I got this gun.
Speaker 12: Five magazines and each SIG magazine.
Speaker 5: Is fifty dollars apiece.
Speaker 3: And you know, you know what's going on. You know why they're selling so cheap because they have to because people don't want them anymore.
Speaker 12: Well, you know what, I have five sig P three twenties and I have never had one issue, not one, and I carry them all the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, not one.
Speaker 12: And this thing, I've never had a compact and it's simple.
Speaker 5: It's the basic grip.
Speaker 12: Model, right, and it just runs like a sewing machine. And I was I was getting at seven yards a two inch group?
Speaker 5: Well the trigger.
Speaker 3: Is are you going to carry it?
Speaker 12: I am, yes, absolutely, I just I just ordered an alien gear inside the waistband holster for it.
Speaker 3: Okod do you have an optic on it?
Speaker 5: No, but it's optics ready.
Speaker 12: You can take two screws out of the.
Speaker 13: Top and put a Romeo on it.
Speaker 12: And I'm thinking I'm.
Speaker 5: Going to do that.
Speaker 3: Do you have optics on any of your other pistols?
Speaker 12: I don't, and this one is the easiest one to swap out an optic to put an optic on, and I'm I'm going to probably take the time to put one on there and get familiar with it.
Speaker 5: So I can just point and shoot.
Speaker 3: Can I can? I Are you okay with me giving you a tip on that?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 5: That's why I listened to your show for wisdom.
Speaker 3: Okay, what you about your optic completely unloaded gun? No m more around the drill. Of course, the challenge is to be able to draw and press out and find the dot because we typically go out and now we're waving the barrel around trying to find the dot and all that, and it's it's not great. Do it the opposite way. Start with the gun out again loaded. We're doing dry firework here, you know, two hand grip and you're looking through the dot. Now slowly reholster, figure straight and go back to the holster. Okay, ye, now come back out, get on the target. All right, you're gonna do everything in reverse. You're gonna start with the dot on the target and then come back and put it in the holster. Get back on the target, then put it but got back on the holster. Now you just slowly, don't work on this vest and then you start working with you pressing out and you can see the dot. And you can once you see the dot, you go back to the holster. You're drilling the motion of coming from the holster out to where you can see the dot. But you're doing it and reverse to make sure you start by looking at the dot instead of pressing out and then trying to find it waving the gun all around, you will find if you can do a couple of hundred reps like that, or starting with the dot on the target, coming back and going to the holster and ice and slow and drilling that motion, I think it's going to greatly accelerate your progress to being able to use that not well well.
Speaker 12: And I have a Mantis X and it clamps onto the picatinny rail under your barrel, and I know they have red dot drills for that, and I.
Speaker 5: Think that and that's been my.
Speaker 12: Biggest hesitation to put a red dot on anything. But a buddy of mine swears by it because he shoots competitive pistol and he uses a red dot and he's like, dude.
Speaker 5: You got to get with the twenty first century.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, And most of people who tell you that are competition shooters and not guys who carry. So I'm just going to tell you do it and drill on it, but be skeptical and don't be real quick to adopt that as your carry gun until you are really really sure that every single time without fail, when you come out of the holster, you find the dot quickly until you get to that point. I would make that a practice gun, a range gun, a drilled gun, and I would carry something your iron sided guns, because you're good with those. But wait until you have achieved some high level of proficiency with the DOT before you start carrying it. This is not an anti dot comment. It's a common sense comment of making sure that your rig works for you. You're betting your life on it. This is your parachute. We don't want to say any it probably works and not a good idea. All right, let's keep this conversation going. We are talking about, of course, the shooting in Twin Falls, Idaho. We're a good guy with a gun fired back. The guy who's murdering people with an ar good guy had a pistol actually had a suppressor or a silencer. It really tacks people off when I call them silencers. That's just a bonus. It is a perfectly correct name. By the way, Hiram Maxim silencers when he invented them, completely interchangeable silence search suppressor. But they don't make them silent. You should know better. I'll give me a break. How pedantic can we be don't we have something better to do and try to mock each other. You caught it a clip. It's a magazine. Really, come on, get over yourself. I remember here's eight sixty six talk gun. Let's see. Steve called in out Omar. Steve, you went to the Goal Summit, guy gather?
Speaker 6: I did, yes this weekend, uh, yesterday and today. Well there's only about two hours left, so if you're in Des Moines maybe you can hustle up there and squeeze in the last speaker. But two hours from Omaha. So we went over yesterday and checked it out and it was great. It was wonderful. We saw lots of stuff there was there was well, all sorts of fun stuff to do. There's a little there's air rifle range, and they had some other simulations and of course it's a it's a big gun show. You can buy and and have a chip to you or whatever. But we went to one of the luncheons and it was a great inspiring speaker there. Well the door prize, my son won the cold Well play Copter Rip launcher. What at the door prize? My son won the launcher. Play with this thing. I know we're gonna go We're gonna go play with this thing. And uh not saying held one, not the battery one, and not the floor mountain, you know, the ground mounted one.
Speaker 3: Did you get did you get some target?
Speaker 6: No, we're gonna we gotta we gotta do that yet. So this is the rip chord one where you just pull the pull the cord clans it out there. Oh, I can't wait to use it. Can't wait to use it.
Speaker 5: And he decided about using it too.
Speaker 6: So so apparently these things don't break when they hit the ground like other plays.
Speaker 5: This is a right.
Speaker 6: They're a little more durable. I mean, they still break.
Speaker 15: When you shoot them.
Speaker 6: But is that is that your experiences for that?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 11: That is?
Speaker 3: And also, uh, they are biodegradable. They're not plastic. They're actually made of like a corn starch type material, so they do break down. So if you shoot them and leave them or the pieces of them, you don't have to worry about it's not plastic stuff out there because they look plastic. But you're gonna have a boll you know what's gonna happen. I'm just gonna make a prediction here. You're gonna love the ripcord and that's fun. But it won't be long before you're gonna say, we've got to get the battery powered one too.
Speaker 15: Right, right, and that big ground mounted one man, Now you can you can uh set it out there like in front of you, like y'all two, and then if there's a remote or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but yeah, there's there's a remote. And you can also make it go just by saying launch to it. It'll it'll throw targets.
Speaker 6: I mean, talk to it.
Speaker 3: You can talk to yes, exactly yourself. Yeah, you don't have to hold on to remote. You can hold your shotgun and say launch and this thing will throw one or two targets. And you can actually you can take a all right, love this. You could take a picture with your phone where you're going to throw in the targets and then touch the screen on your phone or where you want the target to go, and it will throw it to that place out there based on the photo that you just took.
Speaker 6: It's awesome. Hick's crazy. Finally, that's beautiful. Can't wait.
Speaker 3: Well, congratulations, I'm glad you you got something and had fun at goals. I appreciate that is a good rangeer for it right there. Thank you sir. All right, let's keep moving here. Talk to John in Dallas, h He's got a call some kind of report for us here.
Speaker 5: Talk to me John, Hey, Tom.
Speaker 16: You guys are talking about concealed cherry options. I just want to let your listeners out there know that another great concealed cherry option is the good old J frame from Smith and Wesson six.
Speaker 5: Six thirty eight.
Speaker 16: You have to have a balance between a shooting great and also being able to carry. So for a lot of concealed carry people, it's going to come down to a lot of convenience. Are you gonna want to carry a big, full size duty handgun on your hip ball day or if you're running to the grocery store. Is it easier to put a six point thirty eight in your pocket holster and throw it in your pocket? Right with the corollary the big thing. I also want you guys talk about a lot about the new red dots. Everybody's big on red dots. Another tool it doesn't replace good training. Another tool is a Crimson trace laser grip. Doesn't add any stock to a gun itself, but it's a good tool in a certain situation. Low light situation where you can't have bad eyes, you can't see very well, you can use that as a tool to aid in your shooting, especially very close, very close quarters. So Crimson Trace is still a great product out there. I don't have any financial the relationship with them, but some of my j friends and I like to carry. I'll use the Crimson Trace and I'll shoot it out the range and make sure I'm proficient.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you, let me tell you my experience with a Crimson Trace on a two inch revolver. They're so good. We were playing with them at the range, of course, just the things you do, and it's getting darker and we're kind of doing a low light shoot. We've got some steerer targets out there. We said, well, I wonder how far could we actually hit something with a two inch revolver shooting from the hip, from the hip with a laser. We're hitting steel at fifty yards with a two inch revolver. Yeah, I mean it just works.
Speaker 16: Yeah, oh yes, sir, Yeah, yeah. So everybody out there, hey, if you're if you don't want to carry something bulky, I mean it's hard to put a red down out a revolver nowadays. But hey, Crimson trace or whatever laser grip you get out there, it's it's another option. But you staw have the train that mister Tom Gresham still have to train, absolutely, you do.
Speaker 3: You got to train, You got to practice. But yeah, lasers are not a bad choice. And look, revolvers, smaller revolvers are a decent choice. You make it yourr and look, I thank you for the call. It's a good one. You make your decision based on your circumstances, and those circumstances may change from day to day. It's not a one size fits all. You may have to dress a certain way for certain circumstances. You go with a different gun for those situations. And people say, you mean you're gonna have to have like different carry guns where you've got different shoes for different situations. You don't wear your hiking boots, you know, to a ball dance. You don't wear your stiletto heels when you're hiking over the hills. You change your setup. Now there is of course, give you this thought. We've got the choices of really small guns, and we've got the choices of full sized guns. You've talked about that This is the reason we have the mid size guns that are so very popular. Think the category of the Glock nineteen. It's not a full size gun. It's not a subcompact gun. It's a compact. Well, what can you do with one of those? You could do anything you want to do with it. You can hit targets at fifty yards with that pistol, you know, and the P three sixty five's, the Sig, the Smith and West mmp compacts, the Rugers, I mean, you used to go on and on and on nineteen eleven's you can go with a commander size nineteen eleven. I was mentioning, hold on a second, Okay, back with you. I was mentioning I was using this cult custom carry limited. It's a commander size nineteen eleven. It is. It's not a lightweight commander. There are some lightweight commanders and like I really really like the Ruger nineteen eleven in their lightweight version. It is a great carry gun. This is not that it's a fairly heavy, almost range ish called a range gun. Man as it ever shoot and people are gonna look it up and they're gonna say, wow, that's expensive. Yeah it is. It's not really there to compete with your seven hundred dollars nineteen elevens. It's a twenty five hundred dollars ish pistol. What it's really there to do is compete with the Wilson Combats and the night Hawk customs that are forty five hundred, eighty five hundred dollars for some of those, and at twenty five hundred dollars out of the cold custom shop, it's a heck of a deal. And also I think competes very well with the Dan Wessons, which I've always thought are some of the better, maybe some of the best factory nineteen eleven's out there. Just food for thought. Is just looking for the mid size, if you will. I think it's a great compromise. And yeah, everyone we choose is a compromise. You know. You go to a big one to compromise because it's heavy and its bulky. You go to the small and it's a compromise because it's just not as big and it's harder to shoot. Well, there, it is. That's just how it goes. Hey, let's scrab up Joe out of Jefferson, Texas online too. Hey Joe, thanks for calling out what's on your mind? Sir?
Speaker 14: M O update Tom Okay, I found some found some too. Eighty four Winchester at buzzgunshop online.
Speaker 3: Budds has an awful lot of stuff. They are a big online seller. So what rifle do you have that's chamber for the to eighty four Winchester.
Speaker 14: Model one hundred evil send me automatic?
Speaker 3: Do you really Model one hundred in two eighty four? How long you had that?
Speaker 14: Uh? That was my dad's uh be all the end all rifle. He bought it in sixty three and when he passed away, it was handed down to me.
Speaker 3: So I'm agoing it was about sixty two sixty three. There is one. I used a Model one hundred. For those who don't know, you can look it up. The Model one hundred was a cool looking semi automatic rifle from Winchester detachable Box magazine, and I used one in three zero eight to shoot my very first deer when I was eleven years old. So yeah, eleven year old with a semi automatic in a caliber cartridge that's much more powerful than the five five six of an AR and they just flat work. They were also just good looking rifles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 14: It's a beautiful gun.
Speaker 3: Well, that is terrific. Mean, yeah, people who have two eighty fours are always trying to find amos. So I appreciate the heads up on that man's that's good info. I appreciate you sharing that. What do you use that rifle for?
Speaker 5: It's a deer rifle.
Speaker 14: I live up here in northeast Texas and I recently replaced the firing pin on it. I wasn't sure if my dad had done that or not, so I went ahead and had that done over there and.
Speaker 5: Stree Board Area, right.
Speaker 3: They had a problem with them and there was a recall on that gun.
Speaker 14: Yeah, Clark's Custom Guns did that for me. I wasn't comfortable doing it myself.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, anytime you take something to Clark Custom Guns, you're going to get good work. We've had some nice, nice things done by My wife had her M and P nine milimeter worked over at Clark's and I had a terrific trigger job on it, and it is the envy of everybody who tries it. That's that's a good shop. Anybody in the area or actually people send guns fro all over the country to Clark's Custom Guns. I think the I think it's Clark Custom Clark Customguns dot Com. I believe it this. Hey, look, I appreciate your call. Really good range reports, Sir. I don't think we got time for the next one in here yet we do. Oh, we got plenty of time. Right, Let's get Brent out of Cashper, Wyoming, one of my favorite places where you're just as likely to see antelope on the golf course as any other place.
Speaker 13: Hey, Brent, Hey, you have gotten me in trouble with may as well.
Speaker 6: Okay, So.
Speaker 13: I had a long term buddy from my navy days that is now wheelchair bound and wanted to get rid of his Browning M two registered Form four machine gun, and you.
Speaker 14: Transferred it to me.
Speaker 3: You're talking to It's not a convert it's a full auto M fifty cown.
Speaker 13: Oh, it's the real deal.
Speaker 3: Oh you know I don't have to pay you. What the problem is with that?
Speaker 13: Well, the problem is the problem is feeding it, because I took it out and went through two hundred and seventy five rounds and it is a little over an hour and a half.
Speaker 5: But that's why, that's.
Speaker 13: Why there's surplus powder and surplus bullets, because I will load my own I have a bolt gun, so I've been loading my own for the bolt gun. But I uh, now now that it's I got the belt fit, it's like, yeah, that that extra sixty four pounds of powder that I had in the back, that's going to go real quick.
Speaker 3: That's not gonna last long. Because if you were to go out and buy, because I haven't done a price check on it, what does fifty cow ammo cost for factory loads?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 13: Well, I guess if you can find surplus, surplus would be cheaper. And I'm guessing maybe five bucks around right if you get if you get PMC or Hornity or some sort of target type ammunition, it's probably closer.
Speaker 3: To ten ten bucks around. Oh, but a yeah, and.
Speaker 13: It's just money.
Speaker 3: I'll make more, you know, there is that It's like okay, and it's a full auto M to fifty. What is that thing weigh?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 13: I can't lift it with the barrel one with the barrel off, I'm going to say it's probably sixty pounds, and then the tripod and the barrel add a little bit more. So maybe I'm not together eighty five ninety perfect concetial carry gun exactly. Yeah, yeah, I think that's why I'm trying to imagine amount for the goose neck ball on my pickup.
Speaker 3: Oh my heavi, but you are really having fun now, aren't you.
Speaker 13: It's only I mean, and this is just the beginning, because I have a Semi auto nineteen nineteen, and I'm like, you know, if I'm going to get another another machine gun, I'm going to get a number one. I'm not going to get a magazine fed if you're going go big a get a belt set.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 13: So it's like, okay, my choices are nineteen nineteen or I could I could dabble in the MG's or the Vickers or something like that, but I would probably stick with the nineteen nineteen platform because I'm somewhat familiar with it, having the semi. But uh yeah, it's not for dollar per dollar. Now when I say this, everyone's going to run out and buy him and drive the price up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not going to happen. Once they say the price, they're not going to be doing that. Look, and I apologize. I've got to go cause I'm gonna hit my brake here. But we're just gonna you know, if you're gonna start buying all of these belt Feds. We're gonna be talking about Brant. You're remember when Brant used to own a home, but then now he's homeless, but he does still have a lot of machine guns. So it works out just fine. It is like buying a great day in this case, maybe buying a whole herd of them, and you got to feed those things and that five bucks or and you go in to full auto. Oh goodness gracious, But let me tell you, all your friends want to come out and shoot with you. You tell a right, there you go, each of you throw down one hundred bucks. We can start shooting, because that's just what it's going to take. I like the way that guy operates though, full auto fifty cow Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 3: In a few minutes here, we're going to have a chance to really kick off all of our ten milimeter fans. And you know what a ten milimeter fan I am. You know, we're we talking about guns for bears. Yeah, bear guns always a hot topic around here. You don't want to miss that one. We're talking about the fella in Twin Falls, Idaho. His name is Jordan's Salinas pulled out his pistol started shooting at a guy who's killing people with an ar When Jordan was posting some things online and he said, trained like your life depends upon it because God forbid, someday it might it just might, and was thinking about that and thinking that this guy, Jordan, he had mentally put himself into this position years before. He knew exactly what he was going to do, because he had practiced it, he had trained for he had thought about it, he had gone there mentally, he had imagined himself in that scenario. A lot of people don't want to do that for any number of reasons. I think some people don't want to do that because it makes them think that, yeah, there are bad people out there. I would rather not think about the fact that there are bad people. And I like living in my little bubble and it's comfortable here. I don't want to be uncomfortable. I get that. Then there are some gun people who won't do it because, frankly, they know that they are not up to the task and they are unwilling to change that status. They are unwilling to spend time and money to go get training. They are unwilling to go to the range and practice regularly I'm talking about really practice, like monthly, a lot of rank rounds down range. They're unwilling to carry a gun all the time. And look, if that's you, and you say I'm just unwilling to do that, that's you. I'm not going to try to shame anybody. I'm just saying that I think it would be a mistake to think of yourself as prepared and ready. Well, I have a gun doesn't mean a thing. Doesn't mean a thing if you don't have the skills and you don't have the will, you don't have the commitment. How do you get those things? Let's take it one step further. How do you go from I have a gun to I now have skills and the will and the commitment. You change your environment, you change what you're exposed to. You start watching our show First Person Defender all the time. We have hundreds of episodes of this. Now you look at that and you go, wow, that happens so fast. Wow, I never thought of that. Wow, that's an interesting take. I never would have thought of doing it that way. And you start pouring that stuff into your head and changing the way you think, and then you say, you know, I'm gonna go take one of those classes. I'm gonna go to Thunder Ranch or gun Site, our Range Ready Studios, our ARTSIG Academy, or the Smith and Western Academy, or any one of a number of other places out there. I'm going to do this. I'm going to take a multi day class, even though i know I'm not up to the task. It's okay, nobody's judging. You just go and learn. Yeah, but you know, I may be like the worst person in the class. That means you're going to learn more than anybody else. Oh, different way of thinking about that. You will. Actually, if you start way at the bottom, you will progress faster than anybody else. You will. I've seen it time and time again. You'll probably pass up some of those folks. You know why, because you'll be listening to the instructors. You will change who you are. Seriously, you will change who you are. You will change the way you think about yourself, the way you think about situations. You can make yourself that person. All it takes is a yes from you. Yes, I will do that. Yes, I am going to change who I am. I'm going to become a person who can protect myself. You can protect my wife my kids, my husband, who can protect others around me. I am not going to let somebody murder people in front of me, not on my watch, not today. And I'm going to do the things today so that I'll be prepared when it happens months or years from now. Simple as that. The fresh is, what are you prepared to do