Speaker 1: It's Jim.
Speaker 2: Welcome to teen Girl Talk.
Speaker 1: Teen Girl Talk.
Speaker 2: I'm Suzy Cooda.
Speaker 1: I'm Franklin Coda, and today.
Speaker 2: We are talking about Windstorm.
Speaker 1: Wilder than her Dream.
Speaker 2: It was like the something something her dreams.
Speaker 3: Or Windstorm won or in its native German aust wind, which is not something I knew about when I suggested this movie.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you not see the dubbing immediately?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No excuse?
Speaker 3: I thought you meant like in the description, Like the minute it hits like, it was like, why is everything off? I have to look it up, and I'm like, oh, it's a German film.
Speaker 4: So this movie opens with a horse trying to commit murder, and immediately I was like, thank god, because last week we barely saw the horse come on talk.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: We heard rumors.
Speaker 3: About the relationship between Pumpkin Spies and Gracie, And.
Speaker 2: There's so much riding of the horse in this movie that it made me think, did anyone even ride the horse in last week's movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's scenes where Gracie is on Pumpkin Spice for like all ten seconds and then shoving his face into a pumpkin.
Speaker 2: Because there was so much horse riding. In this we see horse riding, we see horse jumping, we see multiple horses, we see a horse competition. Almost called it a horse show.
Speaker 1: I think that's something different.
Speaker 2: We see stables, we see multiple horses in the stables. I would not be surprised if the budget of this movie was like three to ten times the budget of Pumpkin Spice Holiday.
Speaker 3: Pumpkin Spice is the agent was just like you get you get Pumpkin Spice for two days, that's it.
Speaker 2: And like the thing was I feel like they were always trying to like pad it out where Sure we were seeing Pumpkin Spice, but it was not integral to the plot really, except when they lose Pumpkin Spice.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin Spice went first roll apparently, which is so.
Speaker 2: Fun because like in this one, and Pumpkin Spice did that off screen, by the way, but in this one, windstorm charges out of the stable multiple times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is a OK. I was gonna make a joke.
Speaker 2: I'll say I never felt emotional in Pumpkin Spice Holiday, but due to the soundtrack, with the exception of the Sublime song, and the cinematography in this film, I was like teared up. I would say the majority of the time when Windstorm and Micah Micah we're having a moment. Because this movie showed up, it got the memo. It was like, Micah is going to be a trouble team. She's going to connect with this horse. They are going to forever have a life on And every time you see the two of them on screen, you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's not you know, Hiccup and twofless levels twossit does a giant cat.
Speaker 1: I care about cats more than horses.
Speaker 2: But not animated and it's not mythical.
Speaker 1: It's just a girl on her horse.
Speaker 2: Yes, So what do we have here? We have legacies unfulfilled. We have mother daughter drama, we have a useless dad.
Speaker 1: We have a ranch in trouble.
Speaker 2: Kind of I feel like they abandoned that pretty I here's what I'm gonna say. I really feel like the grandma. What's the name of the ranch.
Speaker 1: I look it up. It's some German word.
Speaker 2: Carthage or something.
Speaker 1: I'm just going Carlton Bach.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's that's that's the last name of the grandma.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we have a uh semi mystical like old coot character living uh sort of reclusively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I cannot wait to get to I just want.
Speaker 2: To say, here are all the aspects I expect of a horse movie. Last week they barely even gave us horse. There were so many discussions like I feel like the star and I will stop bagging on pumpkin spice holiday because I really feel like that's a disservice to Windstorm. Wilder than her Dreams, which had four sequels. As far as I know, there are at least five Windstorm movies, if not more. This this horse captured Germany's heart.
Speaker 1: I mean the.
Speaker 2: Movie, I will say, the movie starts as strong. We see Grandma Cutson back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her name is Maria, Maria Calton bag literally every okay, every picture on the im tob is just Windstorm and Micah like the same shot of her staring straight down the camera and his head polic.
Speaker 2: So we see Grandma speaking to someone about buying Windstorm. The horse. Actor who plays Windstorm is clearly a very well trained horse, so in order to make him seem dangerous, they put reverb on everything. Windstorm does a little stomp reverb threatening stump. Now does a little winny reverb threatening Winnie.
Speaker 3: Windstorm is treated like a resonant evil monster where it's just like barely contained and you're just like, this thing, if it gets loose, we'll destroy everything.
Speaker 2: Windstorm does that exhale thing that horses do.
Speaker 3: Threatening and like Maria Slash, Grandma is like, I can handle this horse.
Speaker 2: She scene is so crazy, and I was like, is the movie going to follow this example, because, like Frank said, she says, I I know what I'm doing end quote, immediately gets stumped the fuck out by the horse.
Speaker 1: No, well, yeah she does.
Speaker 3: And she also like she's holding onto it as Windstorm's like all right, you want the door open two for two seconds bye. She gets dragged into the stable what's clearly a different like a stunt double.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I loved it and thirty years younger than Grandma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: And like the guy who sold her the horse is apparently just like all right, this this albatross of a horse is around your neck.
Speaker 1: Now by I'm out.
Speaker 2: Because we get a cut scene so we see its slow motion Grandma get dragged and slammed against the side of the stable hard cut. Now we're in a school setting. We see two friends. This is where I really started to notice the dubbing. So this is like forty five seconds in, So Grandma is grievously injured.
Speaker 1: Now we're in school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Micah has this friend who's dubbing, and like voice acting is just so wild.
Speaker 1: It's very distracting, like everybody else kind of fits.
Speaker 3: Like it's still just like a bit out of place here and there, like the emotions, like they just kind of describe the scene the actors, and they were like, Okay, I think I got the gist of it. Yeah, so Micah is not a good student. She's gonna fail possibly, and that could put their summer plans into jeopardy. They what was that summer camp? It's just pewter beaches, every hanging on the beach.
Speaker 2: It reminded me, so they're supposed to go to this summer camp. I pictured it like an American summer camp where there are cabins, there's like an archery range, you go canoeing. Their summer camp reminded me more of midsommer where they were like these cloth tents set up and the girls just sort of free roaming.
Speaker 3: I'm just imagining like all the girls together with Windstorm as he winnies.
Speaker 1: And they were like.
Speaker 2: And then so I have a lot of questions about like, when we get to the end of this film, was Windstorm abandoned at summer camp?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? I see?
Speaker 3: My thought was that they find her when Windstorm has colic?
Speaker 2: Yea, So does the man just say like, I've treated this horse, Okay, bye, this horse is your problem now? Girls?
Speaker 1: Oh oh? I thought, Okay, we'll get there. I have George. Will we just go over now? Like, no, it's.
Speaker 2: Fine, but it just makes this summer camp that much more confusing to me. We'll get there. But the summer camp was where I felt like the movie stumbled a little bit. It's going really strong before.
Speaker 3: That, like why did they have her? Okay, well, we'll get there. What how does she even meet Windstorm? That's the question I wanted.
Speaker 2: To parents are both astrophysicists, and they want Micah to be good at quantum physics, which I don't think is taught in high school. Yeah, but I'm also talking about the Americans school system, which, as we know, has its problem. So maybe in Germany they love horses, they have sort of witchy summer camps, and everyone knows quantum physics. Yeah, because the fact that Micah does not know quantum physics is treated like Micah has like struggled to learn to read, where they're just like, oh gosh, I don't and again like nothing is offered to her, no tutoring, no help, no aid. It's just like, while you're going to summer school, you're gonna learn quantum physics one way or another.
Speaker 1: Just keep reading them books. We're not gonna give you any other help.
Speaker 2: Yes, Micah has a terrible teacher. I don't think we ever learned his name.
Speaker 1: I mean, he doesn't matter. He drives a.
Speaker 2: Butter yellow convertible, almost runs Micah over, yells at her. I thought he was a random character at this point, and I was like, oh, that guy seems awful. Nope, it's the teacher. So then we see him in class basically editorializing on people's grades. I am not over in exaggerating when I say I don't remember exactly what he says, but he's basically like dud, great, super dud, Micah, your parents are so smart. He's I do remember this line. They say the apple doesn't far fall far from the tree, but in your case, it landed in a different continent fire.
Speaker 1: This man, It's just like, so, then here's the.
Speaker 2: Thing I think. I feel like, sure it's Micah's friend with the bad dubbing that set his car on fire. But I'm also gonna say Karmo was in there. So Micah and the friend have a conversation about the bad grade, and Mike is like, I'm not gonna be able to go to summer camp. The friend takes what I thought was a pen. I thought they were gonna do an old we're changing the grades. No, this chaos. Stephen, She's like, fuck this shit, it all burned up. They can't deliver the grades. Sets the tests on fire like a little piro, throws it out of the window. She doesn't check if anyone's down there. She doesn't check what's going on. If she's going to set a fire that will set the town ablaze. It lands directly in the shitty teacher's car, catches the rest of his grading papers on fire. He is off screen. I guess they couldn't do a thing where he was in the car. They probably couldn't get it insured to do a thing where he was in the car while it was on fire. You hear him skip screaming out of frame. Hell. Someone helped me, and I was like, oh my god, did they murder this thing? I was like, why did they dumb ass get out of his car. Michael would have gotten out of the car.
Speaker 1: So they find this is they find so good.
Speaker 3: They fight amongst the bird papers, like I guess her a ShredIt paper that has her name on it, So they figure out it's her test that started the blaze.
Speaker 2: Perfectly preserved piece of this scantron that has her name computer printed on it, which again I'm going to refer you back to the chaos Stephen friend who was not like, hmm, if they this burning piece of paper was thrown out of the window, the whole thing would have gone up. But it's this evidence is so perfectly preserved that I think the teacher planted it. But the police are like, hey, so we know you're guilty of arson, and if, like we wanted to be real assholes about it, we could say attempted murder. But if you just go to summer school or like retake this test, it'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Like it's just.
Speaker 3: Also because this is twenty thirteen, so a lot of stuff is still paper based.
Speaker 1: She burned up. A lot of other students work.
Speaker 2: Too, so they have to pay for the damages to the car. I don't think a car can sort of be reclaimed after you've set a fire in the vaccinat and so because again I can't, I based this on the American school system, but I was like, what kind of teacher can afford a convertible like that? I think that this teacher is a villain.
Speaker 3: But so oh yeah, in mind, I took notes on this because that's how important this movie was. I have the note the teacher looks like he's about a day away from getting reported for something.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would agree he is unprofessional and the worst. So am I blaming this man that his shit got caught on fire?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So they're like, Micah, we have a conference your mother, I guess, I guess a quantum physics conference. It's never defined. Your mother is the keynote speaker. What are we gonna do with you? And she's like, send me to summer camp and they were like nope, And I was like, oh, she's gonna miss out on all that canoeing. Before knowing that these girls seem to have to like forage and like catch fish out of the ocean with their bare.
Speaker 3: Hairs, like we're gonna release you on a page.
Speaker 1: We'll be back, hopefully all of you make it.
Speaker 2: They're like yellow jackets doesn't exist yet.
Speaker 3: But we need some inspiration for that. Christina, she gotta eat again the pit.
Speaker 2: So then we see Grandma, who is now walking with a cane.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we haven't finished the DISCUSSI oh, yeah, we get the she gets the phone call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she We see her walk over to the phone Grandma. I guess this is sort of a trigger warning because Grandma uses some real ablest language and like, not for nothing, she's blaming this stuff on windstorm. At her age, brittle bones and falls are already. I guess she's sixty. It's a little younger then, but like it is completely within the realm of possibility that she would have fallen anyway. So now she has like a.
Speaker 1: What's up, I'm just trying to figure out the ages.
Speaker 2: So her age gets mentioned and the evil student is like, she's really losing her touch.
Speaker 3: She's sixty, okay, so she's over sixty, to which the guy says I'm sixty seven, yes, which is a very good line.
Speaker 2: Then oh god, just they send Micah to this house. I thought that there was gonna be some class trash thrown, which would be very ironic because it's like, are we trying to pose it? The two quantum physicists are not pulling down a lot of money versus like a dressage school.
Speaker 3: One of them is a keynote speaker at a conference, like come on, but okay, But before that, they're like, Micah has a very funny line. They bring her downstairs, like Micah, we.
Speaker 2: Just we're upper middle class and we're slightly upper middle class.
Speaker 1: She's upper middle class, we're slightly lower middle class.
Speaker 3: So they bring Mike down and they're like, we decided you're going to spend the summer with your grandma. She goes what in the grave? And they're like, you have another grandma?
Speaker 2: Which I will give it to This movie was a deft bit of uh like exposition. We right there. No, the mom and her mom do not have a good relationship, to the point that Micah, who's roughly fourteen, doesn't even know she is another grandma. Later we see the Micah's dad like basically introduce himself to uh grandma, and I was like, wow, imagine all of this continuity plot it seems like there's a world that exists outside of the next line of dialogue.
Speaker 3: Amazing Grandma's like, I could not come to your wedding. Halla the horse, the legendary horse, did not allow it.
Speaker 2: Okay, they dropped. I will be completely transparent. I did not fall asleep during this film, but I was like clearing off the coffee table and training up a little bit. Did they ever explain why? She said? Like the backstory to Halla carrying her injured and half conscious rider to the Okay. So I'm gonna say I kind of love that because it leaves the viewer to be like, what the fuck happened at the Olympics? And I'll say, my ignorant ass didn't even know there are horses at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: And horse events there are the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Okay, so also, and then I couldn't help but imagine just like an unconscious body, like bouncing around on a horse, like something a weakened.
Speaker 3: From Bernie's Oh, okay. Olympic of Christian events include the three core disciplines jasage, jumping, and eventing. Huh, I did not know about this same? So wait, is that a winter or it has to be a summer.
Speaker 1: It has to be some.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know about any of that, and we will never find out. Grandma keeps her secrets. Grandma's house is I think, the appropriate level of tacky for someone who is obsessed with horses to the point that she has lost contact with presumably her only daughter her. So, okay, if I'm trying to figure out the relation, and I know that it could be a cultural thing where they call Uncle Coot uncle, but Micah's dad refers to his uncle. I presumed that he was the brother of Grandma. Maybe he is. Oh he is? I Oh, my god, because there's three generations. My brain short circuited. Okay, so they are related.
Speaker 1: Okay, he seems to have I knew the.
Speaker 2: Related, but I couldn't figure it out. So Grandma's brother, Uncle Kut Is has this sort of like horse sense and knows how to like locate someone else who has horse sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, well says, we are jumping ahead a little bit, because like Michaeh gets dropped off.
Speaker 2: But did you catch that long panning shot that they did of Uncle Kut's little house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was went to horse statues and whatnot.
Speaker 2: I was like that little Hutch looks important. But with these these b movies, you never know. It could just be like, and there's another thing that exists in the world, we will never return.
Speaker 3: So Michael gets just dropped off, apparently in the wilderness, and out here comes our honky love interest, Sam riding a tractor to come pick her up.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing I really liked. She seems to care about Sam as a person does not care about him. That's a love interest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they ride back. Uh and unlike the last unlike the Pumpkin Spice Holiday Farm where we can't allow.
Speaker 2: Pants not bagging on that movie, I don't know what it ate with. That movie was so egregious, and I think the reason it made me so mad is because I feel like it was trying to like propagandaze something to me that was not horses. I feel like Windstorm Wilder than Her Dreams is like, you know them, you love them horses, horse, horse, horse, horse, horse, horse, horse, which is what I expect from a movie like this.
Speaker 3: Or the first second of the movie you get the credits, second second, you're getting a horse like that's so many slow.
Speaker 2: Motion shots of horses running, horses doing the main's toss. We had multiple scenes of horses being combed out, their tails being braided, their tails being unbraided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, guess what.
Speaker 2: I didn't come here for middle aged boring problems, pumpkin spice holiday.
Speaker 1: So so what I was just gonna say was.
Speaker 3: We have unlike the last place where they're like, we don't let our our workers use power tools or lift heavy things.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got these workers that just trust us. They're here. You're never gonna see them, no, no, no, but they're here.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Grandma's like, I employed a local gang of small children to run my far.
Speaker 2: You think those people are getting paid? You think those girls just start here for love of horses. Frank Clinton listening at all those girls are here because they love horses.
Speaker 1: The game.
Speaker 2: The daughter of the bet is I believe a student at the school. The voice actor they got for this girl, it's like, oh hey, yes, like that actress is clearly ten to eleven years old. The voice actor they got to voice her maybe like seven.
Speaker 3: And she's saying like her whole thing is that she's like has a very it's like the acknoledge of horse care and like medicines and whatnot.
Speaker 2: As she should. She's in a horse movie.
Speaker 1: Well what is her name?
Speaker 3: Don't know, But we also get introduced to our evil rival who has money and her name is Michelle.
Speaker 2: Michelle has no gas. She is just like, oh my god, what a dud. Like usually I feel like the popular mean girl. You're like, damn, well, I gotta give it to her. She's got it. Michelle is just like everyone's like, oh right, and Michelle, yeah, because she won't matter through most of this movie, it's all about Micah and Windstorm. Well, has Michelle ever tamed a horse? Michelle's not even listening to the horse. Yeah, Uncle Kut lets us know that.
Speaker 3: So, uh, Micah kids. So here's something that was definitely lost in translation. They put the food in front of Micah for the first night.
Speaker 1: Looked fine, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It looks like spinach. I don't know what the yellow stuff was, maybe some sort of egg rice thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then to sausage, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, if we're in Germany, what does Mica eat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, and so she decides she waits. In the middle of night, she's hungry. She goes downstairs for a midnight snack about four apples, like I can eat an apple at a sitting After that, I'm like, I'm good on apples for the day.
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's how I was like. She's going to the stables. No human seed that apple.
Speaker 3: So she goes to the stables, she meets Windstorm. Windstorms just like, yo, what's up? Like we cool already.
Speaker 1: She goes into the stables to sleep.
Speaker 2: After this, she lies down on that Hey. I was like, girl, you are sleeping in a horse litter box? What are you doing? But did was the first time I teared up When Windstorm was nuzzling her hand. Yes, oh, I love that. The best part which she bites the apple and she's trying because I relate to this.
Speaker 1: This is something I've.
Speaker 2: Been doing, trying to shut it through the bars of a stoul.
Speaker 1: It was I would not do this she did.
Speaker 2: There's another bite after it's touched the bars and tries to shove it through, and she's like, well, I guess I'm just gonna have to open the door. I can't see to shove it through the bar.
Speaker 1: I thought, will bite the already unbitten part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she next morning she wakes up, Winstorm's like, hey, what's up. Immediately Windstorm gets it doesn't wake.
Speaker 2: Up before they blow dr gun him.
Speaker 1: They immediately track Windstorm.
Speaker 2: I like, this scene is so crazy because with no context, we see the tube that the dirt is gonna come out. I thought it was a rifle. I was like, oh my god, it is a rifle. Maybe that would make more sense than the.
Speaker 1: Idea that the vet's like.
Speaker 3: She's gonna get den of a unicorn Jeno or taga in the first minutes of this movie.
Speaker 2: So she wakes up and it's like, understandably, like what the fuck? And they're like, this is a dangerous horse and you were sleeping in hair? Did he hurt you? Like I feel like sure they were as well have been like did Windstorm trick you into coming in here? And so then she's like, what is your deal? We were fine, I was sleeping stopping a psycho?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah. So this.
Speaker 2: This this begins what the section of the film where Grandma is clearly not paying attention to anything going on her farm. The part I love about this is like Windstorm is treated like a bad boy boyfriend where Micah is climbing out of her window, lying sneaking out to see him, and then they get together and they're like, there's only us, Yeah, let's run away together.
Speaker 3: So literally, yes, so like, but Grandma's clearly not paying attention to anything going on her farm.
Speaker 2: Okay, Grandma is kind of the worst. She's a bad business owner. I am honestly surprised the farm isn't going under. She is so her blood loss for murdering Windstorm. It's so intense that she's like.
Speaker 1: Called the Hungarian. And I was like, well, I can't be good.
Speaker 3: In my notes, I said, if Grandma hates Windstorm so much, why doesn't she just eat him?
Speaker 1: And I found out that was the plan. I'm like, oh my god, yes, And so I was joking.
Speaker 2: Water When we see the Hungarian, this man is so evil they don't even show us his face.
Speaker 3: He's cast all in shadow. He's walking towards Windstorm stable with a right with a gun and a life of rope.
Speaker 2: The only view we get, Frank, this is not supposed to be funny, and I know it. But like when they have the Hungarian walk through the stable and the horses are all like and all the horses turn their heads away, I dug. I was like, first of all, great horse sacket, second of all this like it's such a tried and true bit, right, like having like the bad guy's coming. It's like in a Western where there's going to be a showdown and everyone's like shuddering up their businesses and homes. So but back to the current, Like, I really did feel bad for Micah because, like, what a boring summer. She has no cell service. I don't think there's a TV anywhere in the house. She does not have access to a computer. She has her quantum physics book, the stable hand who does not seem to really like her, and a passing knowledge that Uncle Coot exists.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, she meets him in the field when she's trying to find it sceneal to call her friend and he's just like, what are you doing out here? This is my land. She's like I'll leave.
Speaker 2: He's like, take your shitty scooter and she's like, doesn't matter, it's broken. He's like, nothing's ever truly broken.
Speaker 1: Heavy boss.
Speaker 2: I wish they because this movie does have such sort of like heightened aspects to it. I wish they had put in like sort of like a mystical bell or something. After he said that, we're like looked away into the middle distance.
Speaker 3: Sorry, when you said, like mystical aspect of it just remind me that one horse movie watched forest fairies were at the end of it, the like George R. Martin Grandpa is a fairy along with the rest of them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: That I like immediately became so angry when you reminded me, Susie Frank, I am.
Speaker 2: Going to make a declarative statement. I think this is the best horse movie we've watched.
Speaker 1: I would agree wholeheartedly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like every other horse movie that is based on the closing of a ranch take note. This movie does it. It's like wild horse can't be tamed, troubled team get together, Winny Magic. It's it. The equation is so simple. We don't need to involve the bank. There's like there is so there's so much real life adult strife about like being able to pay a mortgage, going into debt, losing a job. Like I don't think these need to be aspects in a horse movie. I think the horse movie can be about the horse. I don't care about land developers, I don't care about bank loans. Stop shoving them in my horse movie.
Speaker 3: I think it's also just because it's because it's a German film. Yeah, like so many of the other movies we watch, I'm just like they're just all patriotism, like that one with like let's do the Cowgirls stop?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Was that the Barrel Roll one?
Speaker 1: I don't know if Barrel Girls or something something.
Speaker 3: Along those lines, where the guys like, there's they they're in class one day and the guys like throwing some real Islamophobic bullshit around.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: My brain has been like to delete all like and he recycled in on these movies. I do remember the Forest Fairies one because I'm mad, but I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: No, it was like least say, like I have I keep in mind the one we.
Speaker 2: Watched last year that was like to basically like a promotional film for some camp. Yeah, that that's not the one, right. I don't think they ever went to school. That was mostly they seem to mostly drift around and then they went to like boring rodeos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was like, oh we we we have this whole not the whole thing, but documents said something for her like.
Speaker 2: It's a whole thing. So as Frank finds that, because we definitely need to know which film was had a smattering.
Speaker 1: Of a cowgirls story. I don't remember that. I'm pretty sure it's a cowgirls story.
Speaker 2: Frank, I believe you, yes, yes, because I remember they were all dressed in the stupid patriotic elevents.
Speaker 3: So then the images that come up on Google are them saluting.
Speaker 2: So and like this is what this is what I think Windstorm wilder than her dreams, gonna say, the whole name gets right. The people who are going to watch and enjoy this film do not need to be pandered to. They don't need like a hat on a hat, you don't need. The farm is closing. Capitalism is a problem on top of that, yeeha America. Like I don't, I don't think it's necessary. I think and like I know, a lot of this is probably dictated by budget, right, Like this seemed like a high budget film. It looks good, everyone is styled well. The cinematography is good. I mean there are a lot there are a lot of like strange pan zooms, but I think that's more of a product of the chime, like the PUV shots, the like three sixty shots, Like someone was like, let me really flex, like crack my knuckles. Like, but I have to say it was effective because like, we are right up in Windstorm's face a couple different points in this movie, and I was like, oh my god, we're so close to Windstorm, the windstorm. So the way we get.
Speaker 3: To we get to her taming this wild beast, yeah, is that she One day she takes the horse. She's like, Windstorm needs to be let loose. Oh my god, he needs to go for a walk. I can feel it in my bones.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She's like, oh, you want to go for a walk and we can do that.
Speaker 1: And I was like, girl, what horses don't just go for walks?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: So she brushes down Windstorm like she tenderly, like takes care of him, opens the door.
Speaker 2: He sneaks in in the middle of the night, and he's making all kinds of noise like horse whinnies, and she says, oh, He's like, you have to be quieter. They'll hear us again. Bad boyfriend codd And so she stays up all night. Windstorm looks great and she's like, oh, you want to go for a little walk about. That's cool? And I was like, what the windstorms like?
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: This leads to an amazing shot of everyone watching Windstorm just fucking leave, and we kind of like cut to the grandma. She's apparently enjoying her morning coffee, just out and about, and she just is staring, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, it drops the club.
Speaker 1: It just falls out of her hand.
Speaker 3: But she's just like, oh my god, I cannot believe when Storm is loose, I need to alert the mayor.
Speaker 1: So many people are gonna die by hoove.
Speaker 2: I thought she was gonna say, oh my god, he's come to finish the job.
Speaker 3: When when Storm paused only a moment to shoot her of like a murderous glance, and then he left as it to say, when you Lisa's and I'll be back. Yes, So we're gonna get into the horse training and we take a trip to the big sale, so everybody nobody can.
Speaker 1: Sam says like, why did you Lily's wind Store.
Speaker 2: And she's like, we were just gonna go for a walk, which is not a good explanation, and Sam like what And so then Sam is like, oh, oh my god, Frank, they are also related.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that that makes sense, because he's like.
Speaker 2: Bring dinner to my grandpa. He is not a love address. They are related.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Possibly not my blood but my marriage.
Speaker 3: But still that makes sense because I read the plot for the next movie, which I really want to do next week, but I'm gonna keep it to myself until the end of the movie and the the anounsis, so I was.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, wait, that's also that's her uncle, So this is her cousin.
Speaker 3: I was very confused by the relationships.
Speaker 1: So anyway they go to.
Speaker 2: They're like second cousins. So because uncle Kot would be Micah's like uncle once removed or no great uncle, and which would make not that I think any of these Like if someone feels like family, they could be your cousin or auntie or whatever. But like, I guess technically they're second cousins.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: When she goes, she goes to give grandpa his or uncle his dinner for the night.
Speaker 1: He's I guess who's there. It's wind Store.
Speaker 2: I love the idea that the grandma and her brother have not spoken for decades, but she's still like, bring him dinner in a whimsical basket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like also like the uncle is our grandpa?
Speaker 3: To Sam is just like, let me tell you about listening to horses. She's pushing the horses too much and sayings like oh, I don't care about your old man's special horses.
Speaker 2: So disrespectful. He's like, wow, more fairy tales. And then later when Mike is like I know what Windstorm's thinking. Windstorm is upset, Sam is like, oh, yeah, totally. And I was like, I think someone os Uncle Coot an apology.
Speaker 1: So Micah is like, I need you.
Speaker 2: I'm saying Uncle Coot. But I feel like that actor does such a great job. He does so much face acting. Yeah, he looks wise, he delivers these crazy lines like nothing's ever truly broken with like gravitas.
Speaker 1: Well this voice actor does. But like Frank, like.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, the face acting is so good because a lot of times they will just cut to this actor for reaction shot, Like I would say, we get a lot of Micah, a lot of shots of Micah on the horse looking thrilled, like uh, just enjoying the freedom. But whenever we need like a sort of the temperature of the scene, they're like, Uncle Coot.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: And he's like pensive, worried, exhilarated, so like the look that he and Grandma trade at the horse show where they're both like it's like a mutual respect, like the end of the Heat Yeah, where.
Speaker 3: They're like, okay, we're both you know, we're on two sides of the same coin, but you know how this is like they.
Speaker 2: Should just like dab each other up.
Speaker 3: So he's like, out, you'll begin like Micah brings all those I have so many rains, I have so much stuff to start training Windstar and he's like, We're not gonna start with any of that. First, I'm gonna I need to teach you three things, essentially four things. First off, hand eye coordination. I'm gonna whip apples at you. Second is rhythm. We're gonna dance.
Speaker 2: The seriousness with which this actor dance.
Speaker 1: I died.
Speaker 2: Please picture an eighty year old grandpa looking so serious?
Speaker 1: What just say it? As I sing the sublime song that is over.
Speaker 2: Lot next to his face with the most determination ever to a sublime song, inexplicable. We're the only songs played that has lyrics. And Tell made a good point because he came in and he's like, do you think this movie had to approach by Bradley Knowles's estate for the American dub of this film and be like, hey, we would love to use this twenty year old Sublime song.
Speaker 1: I think he's older than that, but this movie is twenty thirteen. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: And then she also has to learn coordination, which means she's gonna stand on the log in the middle of a lake. And then the.
Speaker 2: Training montage over she is now amazing at d Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the final test is that she has to cross a river with with Windstorm, and he's like his your fear is his fear, and if he trusts you, he'll let you onto his back. And it's actually up like a beautiful scene because they're walking and they're getting deeper and deeper and eventually just Windstorms heads out and she that's when she throws her leg over him and she comes out clutching his neck and she's a rider. She's riding Windstorm. Yeah, and like we get she we get another montage of her just riding Windstorm around.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: At a certain point, he's just she's like, okay, so what do we do it today? She's already on Windstorm. We there are a few funny shots because like she's not tall enough to get onto Windstorm just like by throwing her leg over. But obviously like she doesn't have any steps or anything to do it, so like she has to, like she tries by herself and then she finally gets like a log and jumps onto Windstorm. But great, great work by this actress. By the way, like she's you know, we don't know about the vocal performance, but like, well i'd say her voice actor is also pretty strong. But like everything the actor is doing in the movie is also just very funny or just very physical. And I think it's her riding the horse. So like the final day, Grandpa is just She's like, what do we want to do? He's like fly and she he slaps Windstorm on the rump and Windstorm just takes off running and we see Sam going like five miles an hour on his tractor.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, the slow motion jump over the fence, and Sam is like that was amazing.
Speaker 1: That was the best thing ever see. Okay, unlike Emily seeing Pumpkin Spice just standing there, I would be like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, look at that horse. So I'll also say I thought, mean Spice just looks like an average horse.
Speaker 1: I mean the few times you got to see him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like Windstorm is a horse that has a lot of like the way they be like, uh, Windstorm has a lot of determination. The way they made Pumpkin Spice sound is like Pumpkin Spice just wandered onto the land.
Speaker 6: It was like.
Speaker 3: Pumpkins Spice is just like is kind of living that Harrison Ford life where he just happened to be good at acting, but he's really hired as a carpenter on set, Like, oh fuck, our actual horse canceled on us.
Speaker 1: What about that other horse over there?
Speaker 3: It's like cut to Pumpkins Spice like hammering in some nails or something.
Speaker 2: And I feel like Windstorm is like Windstorm does, but Windstorm walk.
Speaker 3: Windstorm is like the A list actor who kind of a dick, but you know he's deliver.
Speaker 1: Yes. So they're like Sam's like, you should enter the tournament.
Speaker 3: Like he just really don't. He doesn't say this, but I feel like you in my own mind. The subtexts there's like just really stick it to Michelle, who sucks yes, And but she's like, I'm not sure. There's only like three weeks or like there's only a few weeks until the tournament.
Speaker 1: She calls her mom. Her mom's like, look, I'm too busy with condum physics.
Speaker 2: It is so funny that her mom picks up and is like, hey, Sweedie, what's up. Mike Gah asks one question. She says, what if there was something you weren't sure you could do, but you think you could do it? And her mom says, I don't have any time. You can do great, okay.
Speaker 3: Bye, you can do whatever you put your mind to. No follow up questions, not even gonna send a text. Yes, so they uh, like we see them all. Grandma graces the girls of getting them to watch Michelle's practice at the actual like uh stadium or whatever it is showgrounds and and then like I did, I did like this. I think this is probably very realistic. Whenever the gate opens, they announce open gate, which I think is probably something you had to do to make sure your horses don't bolt through it. So you know, Sam says open gate and incomes uh Micah and windstorm and Grandma's just like there's that horse.
Speaker 2: Grana was like, someday that horse's head.
Speaker 1: It's like, Grandma easily kill that horse.
Speaker 3: Windstorms not bulletproof yet one day when the train when the trains me Micah windstorms enough, so.
Speaker 1: Like Micah runs the course.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Michelle's just like, I can't believe this. I hate this so.
Speaker 3: Much, and but I gonna pretend to be okay with it. I'm a like throw some more ableism around after they try and have a discussion about that horse, where she's just like, oh, this horse turned me into able to slur.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sucked. Yeah, grandma sucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like later when she's all apologetic and like her and her daughter makeup.
Speaker 1: I was like, I feel nothing with Windstorm watches a rifle.
Speaker 3: So what we get to the We get to the tournament or competition or whatever, and we see Micah in the like the outfit like I with the riding gear.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you call it, but you know what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like she's looking fancy and Windstorm winnies and she's like, shut up, I know what I look like. So she's like, I know what all horses, I know what horses say. I know you're driving me right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she gets there.
Speaker 3: Michelle's just like put these uh you have, but put these like knee braces on and like or else he's gonna hurt his legs.
Speaker 1: When he jumps. She just go and and Mike's like, oh thanks.
Speaker 2: Little does she know that Michelle is a snake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is what's confusing to me, and I'll explaining why later, but like, uh, Windstorm is immediately just like agitated. Yeah, and Sam's just like, oh, let me check him out real quick.
Speaker 1: You're about to go on.
Speaker 3: It seems the competition scenes between Michelle and Mike, there's no we don't see any other people around or perform. Michelle does fine, you know, it's fine, but she like, see here's the thing. She also like goes like yes, I'm like I feel like this place is you will stare that they knock you points for that, like over its celebration or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but Michelle sucks.
Speaker 3: So yeah, she's also in like a competition apparently too. Yeah, so immediately Windstorm just goes nuts. Sam comes out trying to Windstorm. Windstorm kicks him in the head, which I feel like would just murder him. Yes, that's when Grandma, like Micah gets thrown. Grandma calls the Hungarian he shows up to murder Windstorm. And so when he we see, like we said, he's walking towards the stable a rope and a gun and I'm just like, is he gonna just shoot Windstorm and then drag him his dead body out and just like horses, weighs several tons.
Speaker 1: Like, but guess what, Windstorm's not there. Micah has stolen.
Speaker 2: Him and left Grandma's legacy boots there. Here's the funny part. Obviously, if you're around horses, there's gonna be horsepoop, horse pea, and there are barn boots, and then there's your regular shoes. Grandma has been carrying these riding shoes, these riding boots around, they say, in this ridiculous little shadow box on her wall, just waiting for the next legacy to take them. So, like, I get that they needed to do this so that Micah could suck it to Grandma. But later, after Micah has fled with Windstorm, Grandma's like, I don't know whatever, Michelle, you can have them. Michelle's like, oh wow, And Grandma's like I couldn't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: I had a granddaughter and her name was Mished Micah. So we then see apparently Micah and Windstorm on a cross country like white walk, like just going across all of Germany's wilderness. Yes, we see the police talking to some strollers and other people, and they're all hunting down Micah. Micah at one point buys like eight bottles of water and then she dumps out one of these squeegee buckets and pours the water in. Yeah, and guess what. We arrived at this strange survivalist summer camp that Micah's friend is at, and they're all just they're talking about how the Hungarian was playing to turn Windstorm into sausage, and then Mike corrects, some Hungarian sausage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's the important part.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the next morning, Windstorm is on his side and he has colic. I'm reminded of there's an episode of mash Rank.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I just need to say I couldn't figure out why Mica was sleeping on the beach, But later her friend tells her, well, we had to hide Windstorm because the counselors were becoming suspicious. You hid a whole ass horse. Where are the counselors? Yeah, so not to like really split hairs, but they probably didn't want to pay adult actors to play the counselors. So this entirely seems like a Lord of Flyes situation where the kids are running the camp, but you were saying.
Speaker 1: About mash Yeah.
Speaker 3: So in that show, the one of the characters, Sherman Potter, has a horse that he keeps around the camp to ride and whatnot, and one day while he's out, the horse gets colic is lying on his side, and the doctors then have to figure out how to help the horse, and it involves putting a hose up the back end.
Speaker 1: Essentially okay, So, but we.
Speaker 2: See the the vet from earlier in the movie that Trank started Windstorm come and seemingly like he's just going to give Windstorm a an injection of something like in a syringe, and Micah is also ill, so her parents have shown up. They've already argued with Grandma about Grandma's like old timey and stubborn ways, and so Micah's friend calls Micah's mom because she doesn't really know her Grandma. Grandma is simultaneously getting another call from Hungarian probably She's.
Speaker 1: Like, I can't wait to kill and eat the horse.
Speaker 2: So then when Micah's parents show up, uh and take her to the hospital, the doctor's like, I don't know, nothing's wrong with her. She just seems to be in shock, that's something. And she happens to be in the same hospital I mean, which I guess makes sense because it's a rural area as uh Sam, and when Sam wakes up, it comes in. Oh, so I.
Speaker 1: Guess I guess.
Speaker 2: Maybe what happened was Micah called Sam and went to message Uncle Kot saw that it went to message called Grandma. Then the friend took the phone after it slipped out of Mike's sad because Mike is like, well I called Sam. Now I'm at ideas, drop my phone. The friend calls the parent, and the parents make their way to the survival of the summer camp with the vet. They take Mike out to the hospital. What happens to Windstorm?
Speaker 3: Okay, my guess is that they fixed the colic because I'm assumed, I'm assuming you can't like turn a horse of colic into sausage and that see, that was my This was my dumb thought, is that there was a salt the soul bond between Micah and Windstorm was that when Windstorm got sick, Micah got sick.
Speaker 2: I think that's entirely with the movie. I think the movie knew better than to say the subtext as er text. I think they were like there's no way to say the line of they are so connected that the horse is six, so the girl is sick.
Speaker 3: So there's This is the point where I was confused because Sam's like, oh yeah, there was too much of that, like ointment on Windstorm. I smelled it immediately, was like the mind the fuck did you say anything about that?
Speaker 2: Well, Frank, you didn't catch So when during the horse show when Micah and Windstormer performing, Sam keeps sniffing his hands and cut to the horse and Micah, Sam sniffs his hand, cut to the horse.
Speaker 1: And Micah, okay, I think I was playing with Pierre at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then it is important that Sam gets knocked out because he can't acute or like basically yes. Well, he tells Micah like, you couldn't have known. You put like way too much of this even on and she said, what are you talking about? I don't put any o wument on my horse, And he's like, how would the women have gotten on the horse. And at the same time they're both like Michelle.
Speaker 3: Like Winstorm will feel her blood on his horse tonight.
Speaker 2: So then they bring Micah back to Grandma's.
Speaker 1: Micah runs out of the hospital.
Speaker 2: Oh right, takes a cab back to Grandma.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. The parents arrived shortly after her. Grandma's like, my god, no wait.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh god, what is.
Speaker 2: She gonna see? I was so sure this movie is gonna kill this horse.
Speaker 1: I started getting ulgitimately upset. Yeah, Like the Germans are harsh people. They would kill a windstorm.
Speaker 2: And so then she Micah runs into the stable, windstorm is not there. She immediately falls into a deep depression.
Speaker 3: Grandma before this, like Michelle is getting a red jacket. She's getting a lot of clothes at the tail end of this movie and she's getting red jacket, she's getting those dumb boots. So it's because she's made the riding team, the JV riding team. She murdered a horse to get to join the JV riding team. Michelle, if you have to murder a horse to do anything, you are not a horse girl.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So, like this is when she starts selling that age is trashed at Grandma. She's like, she's over sixty and the guy's like I'm sixty seven, yeah, and she's like all right. So Mike is like, I didn't put any stuff on my horse. It was those stupid knee bit knee pads you gave me, and like everyone's like, tell us, this isn't true.
Speaker 1: Michelle, She's like I did it.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't say that. The vet daughter is like because they ask Micah, do you have any evidence?
Speaker 1: And Mike is like no, and.
Speaker 2: Then the vet daughter is like, I have something to say and then attacks Michelle and it's like I wouldn't have given you the only thing you did it. I was like, wait for her to be like you bitch.
Speaker 1: So Michell, that dog like you fuck her.
Speaker 2: Michelle starts physically wrestling with this child, and Grandma is like, get off my property, and Michelle's like, I don't need you anyway. You sucks and throws the jacket on the ground, and so.
Speaker 1: The old man's like they'll be repercussions.
Speaker 2: Yes, he does say that it's crazy, and so then Micah runs to the stables and Grandma's like, no, Grandma. Even after Micah falls into a deep depression and her parents are driving her, Grandma does not clarify that the Hungarian has not killed this horse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like this seems like a phone call will just solve all this, but hey, i'll give you your money back. Just bring the horse back real quick. Apparently that's not a wild horse that wanted to kill my granddaughter. And so so I'm kind of middling about anyway.
Speaker 2: So we have no idea how the parents get caught in backed up traffic trying to leave the farm, and there is a comment that maybe it is a turnedover tractor. Micah takes off. This is Micah's parents are like really truly useless characters, because earlier, when she's saying she wants to do horse riding, she says to her parents, I know that I have been the disappointment of your life because I can't do quantum physics, but I'm really so good at this. The parents do not dispute that she is the disappointment of their lives. They're just like, what are you so good at? And Sam says flying, And then Micah takes off, and then which she runs out of the car. Her mom goes, I guess she needs a pit stop? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Guys say it's not quantum physics. They could give less of a fuck, I.
Speaker 2: Go, it's very upsetting. So then Micah runs the uncle Old Coots and guess what. They don't make us wait, she's not even looking at the opening for very long at all. Windstorm's here, what's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And meanwhile back at the back at the traffic.
Speaker 1: Jam, we keep panting. It's it's like, wonder what could it be?
Speaker 3: So Windstorm has broken out of his horse trailer, seemingly also overturned the car and pooped everywhere. He just like deal with this too, fled And then we see Micah come riding up.
Speaker 1: She she this movie is like she's a goddess.
Speaker 3: She like she has risten to the uh, to the realm of horse god, godhood. She like takes the scarf and ties around her head like.
Speaker 1: Is that did that's girlf have? Meaning?
Speaker 2: I don't remember she was running with it. I'm not sure why. I think really just for this shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cut to another competition at unknown point. At point time later, she I guess we have Old Coot and Grandpa Grandma. They have like reconciled. They're sitting in the stands together with the parents. She comes in once again, not wearing now she's not wearing the fit. She's just wearing like a white tank top. Once again, has achieved God's host status. Well upon Windstorm and the old man's just like the old judge or whatever, so she'll be disqualified for she's.
Speaker 2: Not wearing a tank top. She's wearing like a goddess style flowy blouse.
Speaker 1: Basically like it looks like she came to wish like and.
Speaker 2: Peach pants that are I think a little too close to the actress's skin zone, so it sort of looks like she's not wearing any pants at all.
Speaker 1: And that's where the movie ends, like it is.
Speaker 2: They had said Windstorm will return in Windstorm to whatever whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of which I am. I really wanted to Windstorm too, Yes for next week.
Speaker 2: Really, I thought there's not other stuff. What was that other one?
Speaker 3: Well, that that one is the zach Efron one that I thought we'd save. So I so just two more weeks of horse movies.
Speaker 1: Thank god.
Speaker 3: Well, Susan, let me read you the plot line two or the plot synopsis of Windstorm Too. As Michael returns to the farm for the summer, she finds a wild white horse in the forest. When one day she spots a mysterious young man trying to tame the animal that Michael believes to be a unicorn. Mike and the stranger strike a deal amazing, okay, and Susy, you would not believe what I'm seeing in the preview, Like we have Windstorm just running down a city street like winnying and and going on his back legs. Then guess what, Micah wakes up and now it's a bunch of shots of this handsome young man talking to Micah and wind store.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is like Babe too pig in the city.
Speaker 3: And we get a bunch of shots of this horse's face where there aret is no unicorn horn. So I am.
Speaker 2: Do we think that Micah is also telepathically connected to the stores?
Speaker 1: Possibly?
Speaker 3: Yes, So we'll do this one. We'll do that zach Ephron horse movie, which is the one we were saving at the end, and then it's into murder May.
Speaker 2: Okay. So this has been our second installment of April. If you have anything to add to our horse movie analysis, you can write a surreal teen girl talk at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: I have another podcast, and you know, if you have any experience with like horses, tell.
Speaker 1: Us about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Frank and I clearly do not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never I have.
Speaker 2: A lot of opinion about horse movies. I have no knowledge of horses. Every time I knew a horse, I get nervous. I'm very powerful the beautiful animals, but I'm like, this thing could kill me easily. So I have another podcast to do with my buddy Donnie. It's called I Hope I Can Make it through. It's about the show De Grasi. I have a website, Frankcota dot com where I just posed like nonsense articles in some of my stories and writings.
Speaker 3: Last week I had a I decided to say which pop stars I would give various street fighter move sets, Britney Spears and Christine Aglaire based on the rivalry Get You and Ken's. I think it's since Rena Carpenter gets Gets Giles.
Speaker 1: But and then.
Speaker 3: I also have a book horror short stories that's available to buy in the link in the description, called a Hobby in the Darkness.
Speaker 2: And until next week, I'm Suzy.
Speaker 6: Cooda Farank Kota Team kotat
Speaker 3: A al