Speaker 1: All right, it's a Been and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle, and we're talking about this conversation of this in the stands guy for the Atlanta Braves, he goes up into the stands and he's talking to two youngish blondes, you know, probably in their twenties or thirties. And then the guy's Garrett get her number, and he ends up getting their number, and they swap numbers, and it's become this big controversy. And I think that it's a super interesting conversation for a million different reasons. And one is the tenor of men asking for numbers and saying women are attractive and all that. All of that has changed out there in the world. One of the things that I love about our show is our show has stayed irreverent, and I think one of the reasons it works is that we have a badass lady riding with us in Christina that's fun and has a good sense of humor and it's irreverent. But if we were to cross the line, she would tell us, hey, you can't, you can't down like that, And in a lot of ways she feels like our sister.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if that's fair of me to say, totally fair for you not. And she's quicker across the line than us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's She's what I would call she's what I would call, with all due respect, I would say, I would use the B word in a nice way. She's a down ass bee, but that might come off too much. So she's like a down ass homie.
Speaker 2: She's a bad bitch.
Speaker 1: She's a bad bitch. She's a down ass home. She's the coolest lady in the universe, and she plays guitar. And so I feel like, in a lot of ways, Christine is one of us, Yes, And so I'm comfortable doing this type of humor with her.
Speaker 3: And we try to read her too, because if she was ever uncomfortable, we would be appalled with ourselves. We'd be like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. So we're always monitoring, not monitoring, but yes, monitoring.
Speaker 1: To me one of the and again, it's like, there's always these wild swings in this stuff. But to me, I don't think there's anything wrong with masculinity. I don't think there's anything wrong with the courting process. I don't think there's anything wrong with sexual energy between two people and people pursuing it. But that's how we've sustained life for all these years. What is problematic is entitlement to men and a guy like James Franco suddenly like forcing extras on the set.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to be like this.
Speaker 1: And I think where it's got to get is like if these two ladies were clearly uncomfortable with it, then that guy's got to back off. If you watch the video, she got down her phones like, oh, it's that who wants the number? Huh?
Speaker 2: She's playful with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so if she's playful with it and he's playful with it, why are people on the outside so upset that people have chemistry out in the world.
Speaker 3: I think they're bringing their other bagga shouldn't. Now wait a second, how does he have that job? You know, it's hard for people to get that job here. He is a white man. How does he have that job in this state?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Whatever? I get it. Yeah, and it's it's it's not fair for women. I get it.
Speaker 3: It's not so if you project that and bring that to the party, I get it. Or if you say, wait, that's not professional. I want only professionalism in my sports. Broadcast. Okay, well, don't send a guy into the stands to do hijinks, right, maybe don't even have him on the broadcast. Then, don't have anyone doing that unless it's serious. But I thought they sent him out there to goof off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's And again I don't watch their broadcast, but that's kind of the idea I get too, is that's the tone of what he's supposed to be doing is having fun. And that's why the play by play guy and the color guy are having fun with him because it's supposed to be fun. And I can kind of speak on this a little bit because my role on the Mavericks broadcast is to go add fun to the thing. But I'm just being perfectly frank. I've pulled way back in the last six or seven years on things that I would say and how a reverend I would be because I can be a reverend here. That's what our show is. I view that differently because of how public discourse has changed. And there's a million times I'm telling you guys, we show something in the stands in man, I am biting my time.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean the way I feel is I don't begrudge anyone for feeling the way they want to feel. Whatever experiences you bring into your situation or what you're bringing with you, and that may make you feel a certain way. And I'm sure I could sit down with somebody who could convince me either way. But my initial instinct is watching that is man. I did not see what I was expecting to see. I thought it was some huge controversy where he did something exceedingly inappropriate, but I felt like it was fairly pedestrian.
Speaker 2: What did y'all think?
Speaker 5: I mean, I just I know baseball people like their stuff a little bit more serious, So again I thought it was a little inappropriate. I think they did want him to get their number jokingly, but maybe not at that moment right there on air, But it was quick. He didn't cross a line.
Speaker 2: What did you think, Katie?
Speaker 4: Now? Dare they use the power of a TV camera as a power dynamic to talk about tricking these women?
Speaker 2: Disgusting? I say, off with his head?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, but imagine if she would have turned him down, everyone would have been calling her a beat Okay.
Speaker 1: Hold onist, loser too, Okay, but think about but think about how different where it's to me at where it's very problematic, as if she put her hand up and said, now he's like, wait, come on, give me your nut like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Happen, So she was.
Speaker 2: She was rolling with it, to be honest.
Speaker 4: The only people I've seen that were mad or female sports reporters. I've not seen any which again, but I haven't been looking for it either. Bad Bad which is an article that hasn't all like they've aggregated all the female sports reports who have that job, are going this would be different.
Speaker 2: Invited that. Yeah, that's fair. I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: Fascinating discussion, all right? Coming up next? Uh should porn be taught in school? Were killing one school belief? So you've got to hear this story. Don't go anywhere. That's next before we get there. Orchard dot com if you want to know what your home is worth right now?
Speaker 2: Oh, or Orchard dot com. Oh wow, who