Speaker 1: Stuck at home board and alone. You'd think I could have some fun on my own button on all I called am with Cecily and Stephan. What's up, everybody, Welcome to board AF. It's another fun filled, I would say, kind of a roller coaster ride. It's about to happen.
Speaker 2: Buckle up, Yeah, you might want to buckle up, motherfuckers, because god, I don't know why I cursed like that. There's this is a family show. You guys are prime to. This is primetime radio. You're driving your kids to school right now at seven am. You got your radio and blast You're thinking you're listening to like Kiss FM, and then here I am just dropping an F bomb, right you know that?
Speaker 1: Right? You know that, and I know you do. But I never get tired of like your radio day stories. As I told you, I don't know if I've really made this crystal clear to you, but it was my frickin' dream.
Speaker 2: That was my dream career. I wanted to be a radio DJ so bad. I mean, I question your sanity.
Speaker 1: I just thought that was so cool. It's not. It's the reason I got into podcasting. The reason I got into podcasting is I was like, oh, it's sort of like being on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you're a Howard Stern and you can say whatever you want, but most people are really under They ran a tight ship at those stations. There's only like five ownerships of these you's iHeart back then it was Clear Channel.
Speaker 1: I was under MS.
Speaker 2: You know, there's only like five companies and they all ran a real tight ship. Like you can't say this. You can't even talk more than the X amount of time really before you can play a song. Yeah, we had song lists, you know, we had labels in there, Like we were meeting with record labels, and you had to have five songs like at this hour, and they had to be these songs in this order with this publisher, so you you got only x amount off. We overtalked, we'd get like meetings about that. We couldn't never say anything political. You couldn't say anything really that personal. I mean I did. I would talk about stupid dates sometimes, but you only got like a minute.
Speaker 1: Like Peter would be like, was it you had a stupid date this weekend?
Speaker 2: Right? And I'd be like yeah, and then we wouldn't really get into it, and I would just be tired and then that was it.
Speaker 1: But I thought, like when I used to listen to Heidi, Frosty and Frank as your trips as as I called him as people called them, I mean they there was like a big thing was Heidi's relationship which ended up being a gay relationship. Do you remember that? Yeah, I do remember that. I think they had a little more.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they were able to do that. We never got we never really got that group.
Speaker 1: But weren't you drive by? Weren't you drive by? Weren't you the drive time and drive by? Yeah? You were the morning. Well isn't that like, Ryan Seacrest, Because I've listened to a lot of Drive Drive I mean you've been on it, but I've listened to a lot of it because having kids driving at that time, Like it's so special, Like I'm like, yeah, I drove, I drove around that I drove and I was I was on the radio like and I thought it was so cool. I thought it was so cool that you were on the right Like that was so cool to me. And but I feel like, what's her name, It's not Cecily, Sicily. I think it's Sicily. And Ryan Seacrest with Cicily, and I think she got no idea that my point.
Speaker 2: Ever, I really feel like I would have heard that before being so close to my name, but I have never heard that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm almost one hundred percent sure. The woman's name is Cicily, and she was like one of the people that was on during that time and they were always telling personal story anyway.
Speaker 2: Wow, but you did, and Ryan had a little bit more. There was definitely not a Sicily. I'm almost I'm going to push back so hard on that. I'm almost positive there was not. Are you talking about on Star?
Speaker 1: That was on Kiss FM. I'm going to look it up. I see, look up his bullshe crest kiss. Oh, it's Kate I s FM Cicily, let's see.
Speaker 2: I mean it's you know, it's CHATCHBT. It's gonna give you whatever you want. That's my new thing. I've decided, you can. I always try to lead it because I'm like, maybe I don't want the answer.
Speaker 1: Ciciny, it's Ciciny. Ciciny. Well, I thought it was Cicily.
Speaker 2: No, but I think it's different once you've earned, like we just in it was country, so maybe it's different for country. You have to play a certain amount of songs that maybe it was just so long ago. I don't know, but I do know that we did not get a lot of time to tell personal story. I mean, you know, and we had interviews too, like we had big interviews. We had Paul McCartney one time it was a call. He didn't come in, but like we just was like, we have Paul, Yeah, but you know who did come in? And I told the story many times. Richard not Richard, Gene Simmons, Jane fucking Simmons from Kiss. And he asked me to have a three with his with Shannon, and I said.
Speaker 1: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: And that was off air, by the way, and he slipped me his phone number and I was like, oh, thank you. I told you that. I told you that on this show like twice. And it doesn't matter because if we can't remember, then you can't remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely feel like I'm being He came.
Speaker 2: In, he wanted me to do the interview on his lap, kept very hyper focused on me, and I was like, no, thank you. And then he kept sticking his tongue out to show me his tongue and I was like so grossed out. And Peter and buzz were kind of trying to protect me. They're like, okay, well let's let's change the subject. You know, they kept We're trying to get them off, you know, to stay on topic.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: He's a very interesting man. He's a fascinating, intelligent man. But he was he was not being very well behaved and pretty gross. And then afterwards, yeah, we were all hanging it with ten am. We're all like waiting for our morning meeting. And he didn't leave like usually the stars leave way before the end of the show, like their pr people come and get them and off they go. But he wanted to hang out, so he was around and just it was so awkward and we're just talking and he kind of pulls me off to the side and he's like, Shannon would love you.
Speaker 1: Shannon would love you. You understand. And I was like, uh huh.
Speaker 2: And then he gives me his number and he's like, Shannon would love you call us.
Speaker 1: I was like, thank Youill that is so creepy, I know, but I gotta tell you. I got to tell you. I was like not that young.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was in my late twenties, but I I was so tired. It's really hard to explain how tired. And I guess you would know how tired because you have had three kids, two of them twins. You know, while working, like you know what tired feels like. But like morning drive, you're just never present because it's day after day of getting up at four thirty and going to work right like I would go to I try to go to bed by eight, and then I could never sleep, and then up at four and it's just like craziness. And so I don't remember ever feeling anything. I don't know how to explain that. But I was like very depressed and feet and also I was doing stand up sometimes, so I would go do clubs sometimes and then be at work at five.
Speaker 1: And why were you depressed?
Speaker 2: Were you you were depressed or at a job really unhappy?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was, like I related, but at the time that I was on I wasn't dating anyone because I didn't have any fucking time. There was no time to go on a date or have a relationship, like I had to go to bed and get up, and then everybody else was like married and like settled, and I was like and I'm not. I just say I remember my hair was falling out.
Speaker 1: It was not.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it was already falling out before I did that, though, to be fair, it started falling out when I moved to La Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always just figured it was the water or something, you know, like the showers here. We have hard water here, and I know maybe it's I don't know what happened, but never really grew anyway.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like now would be an appropriate time for me to tell you, for me to remind you, which I've already told you, of course many times. But when Jerry Springer hit on me.
Speaker 2: No, I see now I kind of remember it, but see the memory vague exactly.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing. It's like, I know for a fact i've told this story before. I believe you. Yeah. Well it was when I was working on whose line is it? Anyway? And he came in as like a guest and kind kind of a similar thing. He was just like very focused on me, and I think I can see we weren't like really with the performers, so they would have guests, Like remember I told you the story of how Richard Simmons was a guest on the show and he was out of his mind. He's so so, so crazy, and he was just being hyper sexual. First of all, he was so manic. He was running around and they had to just keep going Richard, no, like go in your dressing room and he'd be like.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's me again, It's Richard, yes, yes, And he was so out of control, and nobody knew what to do with him, and he would just run around and just like sort of grab people and be like, come and talk to me.
Speaker 1: But then when he went on the show to do the show, everybody thought sometimes people would sort of like get it together, like they'd be acting a certain way and then when and then or some people would remember I think I told you that what Sid Caesar did our show? And he was like close to death and he was in a wheelchair and he was on oxygen, and we were all like, how is this going to work? And then they would bring people to the stage. So here's the thing. A lot of people would ask me, what's that like writing for Like do they really make up stuff? Yes? They really were making everything up. So our job was to write Drew Carey's intros and outros and like his jokes. But and then we would write the situations. Do you remember me telling you the story of how kind of of how I got the job? You know what I'm going to tell you. That's I'm going to tell you both stories. Let's let's break for an app though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I mention something that I would have helped me a lot back then in my radio days.
Speaker 1: Yes, Loomy Gummies.
Speaker 2: You guys have heard us talk about them for a while, but I am such a fan for quite a few reasons. You know, these are gummies. These are you can do just CB or but there's I've tried the hot gummies, and what I like about these specific ones is like how consistent they are and how mellow, because a lot of times gummies get you like you're too bag, you're too high, and you just feel out of sorts. These are like specifically designed to make you feel good and just write and yeah, like stone, how do we get them?
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you how to get them? Would you like to know? Yes? Love to know.
Speaker 2: Gloomy Gummies are available nationwide, which is a big deal. Go to loomigummies dot com that's lumigummies dot com and use code rose Pricks for thirty percent off your order. Again, that's Lumi Gummies dot com code Rosepricks, Gloomy Gummies dot com code Rosepricks.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to tell you about another thing that is really great for sleep. So if you ever, you know, just find yourself awake with your mind spinning, which has happened to me, but it's not happening to me anymore because I found something that really works, and it's magnesium Magnesium Breakthrough by Bioptimizers. I've added it to my nightly routine. It's genuinely changed how I feel. I get better sleep, I'm calmer, I wake up without that exhausted feeling. And it's not just one type of magnesium. It's a blend of seven different forms. You gotta try it and then and then like track your sleep and see if it works for you. And they offer a three hundred and sixty five day, no questions asked money back guarantee. So hold on. Here's what you get when you go to Bioptimizers dot com slash rose Pricks and use code rose Pricks. Fifteen percent off your entire order, A free bottle of Mazimes by optimizers best selling digestive enzyme added to your order automatically when you use our exclusive code, that's a twenty dollars product free on top of your discount. This is a limited time offer and wall supplies last. You cannot get this on Amazon, you can't get it in stores. This offer exists in one place, our link, our code. That's it. So if you're already thinking of trying it, this is the sign. Go to bioptimizers dot com, slash rose Pricks and use code rose Pricks and grab it before it's gone. Make twenty twenty six the year you finally start sleeping again. Okay, so okay, basically we would, like I said, I would write this stuff for Drew Carrey, but like Wayne Brady was on the show Ryan what's his name? Colin Mockery. What's that guy's name? Ryan? Tall skinny guy anyway, Yeah, the guy, the improv guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all in. Yeah, I don't know his name. You know, I can't know everything. No, I can't know everything, but we would have to.
Speaker 1: Oh. So here's here's the story I was going to tell you. When I was trying to get hired, my friend Danny Breen Rip loved him. He was trying to help me get a job there, and I had to do this whole writing package where I had to write just a ton of situations like, you know, two lovers who are trying not to let anybody know. You know, I don't know. A brother and a sister are attracted to each other and they're at a party and they can't let anyone know, you know what I mean? Like anyway, so I do a whole bunch of them. I send him in that I do my writing package, and then I find out, oh, yeah, they changed it and it's like a lot more specific and complicated now. It's like, yeah, so I had to do the whole fucking thing over again. It took me like two weeks to come up with. I had to come up with things like, oh, well, here's one of my ones that that they used that kind of killed It was a it was there's something about a magician who's paid, who's being paid a whole lot of money to perform, but they only know silly dad tricks. So that's funny stuff like that, where it was just really specific, like two underwater divers, but instead of oxygen coming out of their tank, it's whatever. And then they have super complicated So I do that whole thing. I do end up getting hired. The boss was crazy, and you'd have to input all of your ideas into a database and then and I've told you this story before too, and then the next day you would come in and the boss would go through them all and if he liked it, it would say accepted. But if you didn't like it, there was a K next to it, which meant kill. So you would submit like thirty things and you could see everybody's. So luckily I was a writer that got a lot of stuff in, but there were writers that you would come in in every single one of their ideas was just you just see there because you you saw everybody's. It wasn't like you had to go into the system to see it. It would just all come up and you'd be like, oh, here's Colleen's and it would just be like, okay, all Red K's. Oh brutal our job. But anyway, So there were guest improvisers who would come in and they were all they were never like anybody a list, you know, So like one was Richard Simmons.
Speaker 2: Was Overton one of them. Oh I'm a I'm sure he came in part of that group exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So Richard Simmons comes in this one day and he, like I said, he's out of control running around. And then when they did the actual improvide, like when the show when they were taping, it was even worse. It was like a hundred times worse. He just wouldn't stop. He was like a he would hump everybody. He made everything into a filthy joke. The guys didn't know what to do. I think it probably cut together kind of funny. I bet you could dig it up on like YouTube and find sure he was a guest, but it was. It was pretty sad. But anyway, one day, what's his name that I just mentioned who had his own talk, the Jerry Springer. Jerry Springer came in. He fancies himself to be pretty funny. I don't know if you know that. Yes, he always felt live. It was like a mayor, right yeah, live. Still.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to get to that age where like, people die and I don't remember which sometimes who Let's.
Speaker 1: See Jerry Springer, he was the mayor. He used to be the mayor. He died. He died in twenty twenty three. Okay, that's weird.
Speaker 2: That is weird, and I feel like it's one of those things where people famous people are going and then we're just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then it's just gone from our memory that he was ever even alive until this moment that you're keeping his memory beautifully alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: So okay, So he's so he's he died at seventy nine. That's a good long life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's put it this way. He was much older than me, and he was hanging out and he thought he was so funny, and he's very New York, you know, and he was just like, he's like a you know, he's nebashy, he's not funny. He Yeah, it was just like a stunt casting thing. And then afterwards everybody was sort of hanging out. But I can't reiterate enough that this wasn't like a social like we weren't all hanging out on the set, like having a drink. It was like in the offices, he's just walking around and then he basically takes me and he was like, hey, can I get your number? Oh god, I'd love to take you out sometime. And then I didn't know what to do. You know, it was it was a long time ago. It was way before me too, And I was just like, okay, gave him my phone number, And then of course I told everybody. I was like, oh my god, I just gave Jerry spring Er my phone number. I mean, can I just can I interduct?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: This is meant with pure love because we've known each other a really long time. Yeah, you've probably slept with worse. I mean, if we really, I mean like at least there was like some some name recognition, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget my story. Don't forget my fairly recent story about almost sleeping with the guitar player from Billy and the Beaters. For that story that we looked him up.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, you know, just a dangle their stardom or lack thereof, just a little bit in front of it, and you're like, okay, that's interesting, that's interesting. It's more interesting than just a rando.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I would say then that the funniest part of the story is he never called.
Speaker 3: Me, So.
Speaker 2: You know that happened with me with Norm McDonald now mine. I'm sorry, I get I kind of win in the.
Speaker 1: Like who's who would be better to go out with?
Speaker 2: Even though for sure he was crazy, but never forget that you forbid me from going out with him, and I was like, fuck you. I didn't say fuck you, but in my mind, I'm like, of course I'm going out with him. But then it was a huge back and forth. Do you remember this? And then he never called. Yes, I gave him my number. He asked for my number, he asked me out. I gave him my number. I like floated on air for like a month. I mean I was like, oh my god, like I'm dating Norm McDonald.
Speaker 1: I guess what I want to know is, how were you floating on air for a month? Close that day? Would you say yes? But I want to know how you were floating on air for a month like it in four days you should have been like, oh, he's not calling me.
Speaker 2: Oh you would think I remember the same thing you tell me that happened with John Brian. And then I just went back to Largo and he goes, I can't find your number. I'm so glad you're back here, and I was like, see, I just figured I'll just run into Norm somewhere.
Speaker 1: A month is nothing. I'm like, whatever the opice.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog like to me, like a month is like one day I mean like, I will give you a lifetime. If we are meant to be, you will come to me. I'm you know, I'm good with just the fantasy. I'm good with just the idea of something. So I was like, I could I could live off of Norm McDonald asking for my number and asking me out for probably like five years.
Speaker 1: I could live off that. I don't. I mean, it wasn't like that famous. I mean this would have been.
Speaker 2: It was before I stopped doing stand up and I was still single, so I feel like it was like two thousand and four. I think he was pretty famous. I mean he wasn't like a Madonna, but I mean it was pretty fan. It was a big deal to me. And I called you that night on my drive home, Yeah, and you were like, under no circumstances should you go out with Norm McDonald And I was like, Okay, well, let's just see what happens, like he'll we'll see.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna show you. And then he never called.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were like, Cecily, I remember this very well because you were like Urine in Jars kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's pretty cut.
Speaker 2: But then I kind of felt like I swear I remember the feeling of like, yeah, but okay, I'll get I'll understand him. I'll be the one that totally gets it because I remember one of the things that he talked about on like the Tonight Show once, like on you know, sitting at the desk whatever. He was like, I don't understand driving. I think driving is so crazy. And I had a lot of anxiety myself, even though I drove a lot of anxiety about driving. And he's like, it's just so crazy that you're in a metal box and then they're in a metal box and you're going sixty miles an hour. That's just and we all just decided to do this. And I was like I get that. He's so right. I'm like, so whatever people think is crazy about him, like, I guess I have the same thing.
Speaker 1: And so, and you were trying to tell me.
Speaker 2: You're like no, no, no, no, like it's like it's like stuff it's hard to even explain.
Speaker 1: And I was like, nope, well I don't know that. I would have said all that, like I didn't know him, but you said I like, not out plain.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely said don't go out with him, he's crazy. Yeah, I would have definitely ignored that. I don't know where that would have like led us.
Speaker 1: You like alcoholics, and he's definitely was a really bad alcoholic addict.
Speaker 2: Didn't we look that up at the time when we talked about not at the time time, but when we talked about it on board a while back, didn't we look up? I thought he'd been sober, like I thought maybe he wasn't sober then.
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, he No, he had some bits about going to AA meetings m hm that were pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Actually we also had gambling stuff. Oh, I mean, there's all kinds of stuff, but like you know, sometimes you overlook because again I've slept with and dated way like that, all those things. But it wasn't Norm McDonald, So if like you're gonna do it, it might as well be Norm McDonald, right, And for you.
Speaker 1: Whoever you just who were you just talking about? Jerry Jerry Springer? Jerry Springer. Couldn't think of his last name because I know that's not really his last name.
Speaker 2: I bet he has a different last name in real life, like I Meanvitz honestly.
Speaker 1: From probably but what if we what if Jerry the Jerryvitz Joerry what it's Jerry Wesavitztz.
Speaker 2: What if we'd gone on a double date and you're just jealous, You're just seething because I'm with Norm MacDonald and this is back, you know, two thousand and five is still pretty cute. I'm with Norman, You're with Jerry Springer, and you're like what if You're like, what if.
Speaker 1: We just switched for a night.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, Stephanie, no, I finally got a boyfriend that I really like, not switching with you for Jerry Springer.
Speaker 1: You're just like I have had some real Like remember when I got excited because I I was sort of dating Skippy Mark Price, and I was like, yes, we got into the one of those clubs with the velvet with the velvet rope. That was probably shortly before I worked for him for three days. Yes, yes, you worked for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we taught We told his trailer, yes up in Laurel on Kirkwood.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, trailer. We love him. By the way, we're he's friends of the show.
Speaker 2: We asked him to be on the show and he said one hundred percent, and we just we're very bad at following up.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the nicest guy, like he's really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, total pothead, oh yea yeah, or it used to be at least, but yeah, and then he became he was he's a Chemtrell's guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what he's like now. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I ran into him not that long ago, and I mean it was I guess a long time ago now that my heart thing. But like he showed up for that and I wasn't even close to him. He saw it online and he texted quite a few times. He's like, I know it's weird, and I know I don't know you very well, but it's just sometimes people show up in this weird way and if you need a ride to like an appointment or anything, like I'm here, and he meant it. And I didn't take him up on it because I had plenty of people to do that, but I he was like, really genuinely, menche if you need a ride to the like a hot I had to go to rehab for not rehab rehab, but like uh no rehab rehab. Yeah, for six months after the surgery, which is a long time. And I wasn't allowed to drive for three months. You're not allowed to drive yourself. Something about like an accent or if you hit the wheel like it hurt and I had to sit in the backseat of people's cars and hold this pillow.
Speaker 1: It was like, really ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It was a lot, and I was it was kind of a big thing and I but he was like, if you need to ever need a ride to like one of your appointments or whatever.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, I could see him going like, if you want to ride, that's I can. I can give you a ride, but just know that I'm going to have to unhook the trail, like it's hard to get this thing down the trail because I live here.
Speaker 2: And it's really hard to get up and down the hill. Did you ever sleep with them?
Speaker 1: No? I did not sleep with him. But remember the story that I saw his penis or No, I didn't even see it. I felt it and it was so so gigantic and I got scared. Great story for him. I don't think he'd have any problem with that story. No, It's like it was like an aquanete bottle yea. He has a crazyly and I was very scared and wanted nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: You know, I've I've experienced that over the years, just a couple of times, and one time it was just it was unusable. I mean, it like worked, but I could not it couldn't go in. You know, there's no point of any of that. It was just ridiculous and awful. But then another time it was fine, like it was enormous and it worked like I mean, it all fit.
Speaker 1: So really you don't know what that So what you're saying, what you're what you would like the ago is know is that you have a gigantic vagina and that is nothing to be ashamed about. Cecily, stop fine and listen. Your vagina is fine.
Speaker 2: My only fans is that's what it's called like big old We's see. I just say it as you know, it's the smallest one in the world that I have to use a fucking baby thing at the OBGA and they have to use the baby one to give me a path. I'm not even fucking joking. Remember I told that story so many times.
Speaker 1: I'm such a humble brag. That is the most humble brag hubble that's ever humble brag. I'm not even a joke.
Speaker 2: And like I told it one too many times and to the point that actually I guess I told it to Tig a lot of times, and she goes, yeah, we know, because I used to have these like.
Speaker 1: Very off like I'd had drinks.
Speaker 2: It was me and Laura and one other woman and Tig and we would have like kind of like a once a month sort of beer or salad or something then you know, a long time ago, but like it was often, and I guess it came up more than once because she was like, Okay, we're going to start calling you like baby, not spatula.
Speaker 1: What's the word speculum, baby speculum, baby speculat We.
Speaker 2: Got it, kind of like baby range saying in case like you missed it, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying, maybe give Mark another chance. Yeah, you know what, You're right, Listen, listen, You're not going to want to make your vagina smaller, But if you want to make something else smaller, like I don't know your body or whatever, and you want to try Hers weight loss. Hers is a wonderful, wonderful company, and they can help you. They're designed to support you in reaching your goals, and they offer access to an affordable range of FDA approved GLP one medications, including the wee Go v pill excuse me, and the we go vpen. So, you know, if you want to lose some weight and keep it off, it can be really frustrating, but weight loss by Hers can help you, So listen. If you're ready to reach your goals, visit for Hers dot com slash rose Pricks to get personalized, affordable care that gets you. That's f O r h rs dot com. Rosepricks for Hers dot com slash rose Pricks. Wait Less by Hers is not available in all fifty states. We go via the registered trademark of Novo nordisk As To get started. To learn more, including important safety information, we go the clinical study information restrictions visit for Hers dot com. Uh, yeah, you know I haven't gotten to the topic. Yeah, I have a huge talk. Well I guessn't have. Okay, but can I tell you a good segue to that? Yeah? I promise you you're gonna like this segue. Okay. So I was thinking about Norm MacDonald and how one of the things I loved about Norm MacDonald's stand up was that he did this thing where he would end his set. He was always very in control, so it you know, he would get huge laughs, but then he would sort of trail off and get off the stage on something that's not really a laugh. Did you ever notice that? Yes, you would do like a big joke and then he and then he'd sort of almost do like a setup to something or just something weaker and get like hardly a laugh, and he'd be like, all right, good night or whatever, okay. And it was so funny to me because it was such a I don't give a fuck like about y'all. And anyway, I was watching this show and you went to a show. Isn't that what we want to talk about? Yes? Yes, So I was watching Kevin Hart's new thing called Funny AF and it says it's stand ups, and I want to.
Speaker 2: Just stealing from us. I mean, I believe as bored AF totally right. I hadn't even thought of that, but you're so right. That's fucked up. It is really fucked up.
Speaker 1: So this was basically also the same, very very similar to last comic standing. But I'm gonna name a couple of these comics. I doubt you'll have no any of them funny AF contestant. But what I was going to say is, so Chelsea's one of the judges. Tom Sugorakegan, Michael Key, did I just say Chelsea, yeah, Kevin and Camail I think that's the other Oh yeah, I love him. Yeah. So the one thing that I thought was really interesting is some of these people have been doing stand up like ten years, but some of them are you know, I've been doing it maybe three or four years. And one of the things that's so interesting to when you're watching it as a comedian or as a you know, not that I do stand up, but having done stand up for you know, twenty years, it's so interesting when people do not close strong, or they sort of seem to forget the ending of what they were going to say and then they but then they pretend they're fine, like then they go all right, well that's my time. And I thought it was really interesting that the judges were calling that out. And one of the things one of the judges said I felt like was kind of a callback to Norm MacDonald, because they were like, you can't you have to go out on something strong unless you're so good that you can make it look like you're doing that on purpose. And I was like, yes, Norm MacDonald, my husband, I mean, my boyfriend would have been my husband. If you hadn't called him and told him not to call me. Listen, I'm not blaming you completely. What do you think he did with my number? Do you think he just threw it out immediately or do you think he just like lost it? I think he was drunk and the next he didn't even really remember me.
Speaker 2: He wasn't that drunk, unless I'm just not good at reading that, which is possible. But he really did not seem that drunk. I know drunk, Believe me, he didn't. He really wasn't drunk that night. He wasn't, so I guess he just tossed it or like was like, oh yeah, what's the point of that.
Speaker 1: But he was hard.
Speaker 2: I mean we talked for like an hour, like out by your car. Yeah, it was in the parking lot of a Maggie remember that, s oh?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It was like we did stand up and it was so awful and they didn't even turn off the TVs half the time. There'd be just karaoke going on at the same time as a comedy, like can we please turn the mic up? And he was there with another friend, not for me. I don't even remember what my set was. I can't imagine it was good you do a set there? He didn't, And then he was just hanging out in the parking lot and someone introduced us and we just got to chatting and it was like incredible, And I really wish that I'd gotten his number instead, because I would have never stopped calling him.
Speaker 1: Hey, Norm, it's me again. What's up? Like, just like we really like had something there.
Speaker 2: So I'm not sure exactly where you are with that, but let's move Forward's maybe he had a girl.
Speaker 1: Friend each other who maybe?
Speaker 2: I mean, I could try to backtrack and like figure out what exact day it was.
Speaker 1: If only you know, I was gonna say, if only i'd.
Speaker 2: Kept a journal back then, But I did. I kept a very specific journal, and somehow that is not in there.
Speaker 1: Really happened, but it's not in the journal.
Speaker 2: That's how fucking crazy I was. I was so hung up on let's say, Matt or Jimmy Doore or whoever the fuck I was hanging out with, that like the big things didn't impact me because I was too hung up on the dumbest things like I was. I'm telling you, I was never present. Maybe I was like drinking more than I remember. I was definitely drinking. And I not that I don't drink now, but like, you know, maybe it was. I've felt very disassociated and when I think back to those memories, very fragmented.
Speaker 1: Nothing bad, nothing terrible happened. But do you know what I mean? Like I do remember and you probably had that too. Oh yeah, but I just have a bad memory. I think. I don't know that I have it bad. I just don't know how I remember things.
Speaker 2: But okay, so tell me who some of the comics are that are on Kevin Show.
Speaker 1: Okay. See, and I haven't heard of any of these people. And a couple of them were very funny, but a lot of them were not funny. And there's this one girl in particular that I did not like that makes it kind of far. And her name is Eva Evans.
Speaker 2: Don't know her, I mean, I don't know anybody now she did see She like a big TikTok person.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to look her up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so much of that too, you know, there's so many like everyone thinks they're a stand up because they have so many followers. You can look her up, Eva Evans. Yep, she probably has a lot of followers. Most of these people, I do think have.
Speaker 1: A lot of follow us.
Speaker 2: There she has Eva Evans Comedy. She has eighty five thousand followers, is quite a lot. But nobody she doesn't follow. Oh but and like her first pinned photo is just a butt like an OnlyFans photo. You got to look her up. Look up Eva Evans Comedy, and maybe she's amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't know. No, she's not. I'm telling you I don't.
Speaker 2: I do not like comedy full but pick Okay, Well, she's showing her stretch marks, so that's kind of the point of the thing. But it's also super sexy. I mean, I think it's awesome that she's showing stretch marks that you know I have as well. I kind of like this now that I look closely.
Speaker 1: No, she was offensive. Oh then I do not like it. I do not like it. But yeah, she has a lot of people. It's so interesting. She had so many jokes about trans like trans going on a date with the trans guy, And it's so funny. Do you see it's pinned and then I see it and then look at the who transman? Yes, but then look right, who's in the next picture with her? Shit? Dave Chappelle. You guys, yeah, oh two day that may second. When we're recording this, she's got a pinned photo of her with Dave Chappelle, like girl, no, yeah, so many jokes about like going on and her whole thing was going on a date with the transman. And this was the thing that was just so annoying. It was like just a lot of like why don't you identify as somebody who can pick up the check? Why don't you like yeah? And it was so unfunny, and I was so happy when she got kicked off when she was done, and she was trying to kind of sort of almost be woke about it, like, oh, I'm doing jokes that are like posse like she's like and then the and then he said to me like, girl, are you transphobic? And I was like no, but you're broke or you know what I mean. And it was like, I think I've heard that before.
Speaker 2: Either that's an old hack joke, which I would imagine it is, or I've heard her do I've seen a clip come up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's just it's her whole thing. And it's so funny because this actually goes to something that we were It's far away. But it kind of reminds me of something you and I were talking about. But when women do material about like I need a man who's going to pay for me, you know, like I don't want anybody broke trying to take me out, Like I'm not trying to like be broke, like you better be. I better be getting an appetizer and like expensive this, and like I'm not gonna like if you're if you're broke, ew get away from me like that kind of thing, Like I need a man who's got like a a high credit limit on his like shut up.
Speaker 2: Also, I always think of and I don't know who the comic was, but it was just one of those things where it was just a bunch of comics on a show like on HBO or something. I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't about money, but it was like it was a It was a black woman and she was just like black man, won't even lick a stamp, and that like I can't.
Speaker 1: That's always my.
Speaker 2: Go to when I'm trying to do like a Hackey, I won't even lick a stamp.
Speaker 1: Let me see if I can play you something from her.
Speaker 2: It's probably someone amazing and famous, and I just like, you know, I mean, look, they made it far to make it on that show, whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Let's see if there's something that.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I got it right away.
Speaker 1: I feel for Megan getting cheated on is a pain that I wouldn't wish on even my worst fucking enemies. On the artist. Oh baby, you don't ever bring that shit to work. You go on mother stage and you stay professional.
Speaker 2: Shut up like she's yelling at everybody. Yep, I'm gonna tell you something kind of positive. Yeah, here's a spin on trying. So I went out with some friends a couple like last week, whatever day. It was, some old dear friends of mine. We all went to this bar right that's near my house and for like a happy hour, and everybody's like arriving and we're all getting our fries and getting our drinks and we're just chilling. And then we got there at like I got there at like six forty five, and at eight o'clock they start setting up. There's a microphone beating set up, and I know I know from this place.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, they do karaoke. This might be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: For us, like we love a karaoke and everyone's kind of thinking of what song they're gonna, you know, we're all.
Speaker 1: Getting into it.
Speaker 2: And then this lady, this not lady, oh this child. I mean she had to have been like twenty two. She was so fresh faced. Oh my god, she was so cute. This this woman, she's she comes over to our table and she's come to all the tables, and we have a lot of people with us, so that's kind of why they came to our table. They're like ten of us, and she comes over and she's like, I'm so sorry to bother you guys.
Speaker 1: I hope you don't mind.
Speaker 2: We are doing our open mic, we're doing stand up tonight, and I hope it doesn't bother you. But if anyone of you guys want to sign up, or if you just wouldn't mind being our audience, like we just would love it. And I mean, she couldn't have been nicer, Like I don't know if they just changed, you know how, Like we've talked about how comics have like a different class, like you have your class and I have my class. Like we're kind of have like graduating classes. It's just a whole different slew every year and whatever. I don't know if the new kids are just really nice now, but we weren't, and.
Speaker 1: But she was so and we were like, oh my god. Yes. And some people are like, well, we got to get out of here.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, no, no, we need to stay and watch a few comics and like support this shit, you know, and not in an ironic way, like.
Speaker 1: Let's let's see what they got. Let's see what they got.
Speaker 2: And so other people and everybody, and then we look around. The place is kind of full, and we see that it's like all comics, it's an open mic, and she goes this does go from eight to eleven, So that's three hours of open mic comedy, which I am all four, nothing wrong with it. She's like, I tually understand if you guys need to leave. But I look and everybody's got their little notebooks. It's like everybody in here is a nervous comic, remember that feeling, of course steady to be called and to go up.
Speaker 1: So she goes up.
Speaker 2: I don't remember her name. She was so cute and I feel like she could make it. She was really confident. It really doesn't matter if you're that she was so confident, so she tried her little jokes and nothing was really working because she's just in a dive bar where no one really all just comics or people that did not expect to be at a comedy show. Nobody knew that, you know, so it's not really working. But she knew that, so she'd be like, Okay, yeah, okay, well that just sucked.
Speaker 1: I wrote that this morning.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I'll keep trying, and she goes, I'll do more jokes in between, but I should bring up the first com like she knew she.
Speaker 1: Was so freaking cute.
Speaker 2: So she brings up this first comic again, I don't remember her name, and it was this woman so young, everyone's so fucking young. But she wasn't in the light. There was a little spotlight they'd set up, and she didn't realize that she wasn't in the circle of light. She was like standing off to the side by the bar, and she didn't feel it.
Speaker 1: And I so wanted to go up there and just physically move her.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be like, hey, I know you're taping this, so let's like let's get you in the because you can't use this otherwise, right, it's not usable, but somebody should have yelled it up. Then I was like, she never figured it out. I'm like, well, some people have to fail. And it wasn't great. And then another woman went up and she wasn't great. She was way too That one was too confident in a way that I didn't love because she's just she's not really there to do comedy, you know. Yes, And then that was fine, and then there and then we had to like, because our group was so big, We're like, all right, here's the deal, we're gonna leave two by two. Oh, after each comic we'll go. So two people left before it even started then too, then two whatever, and I was the last to leave because.
Speaker 1: I was like kind of wanted to see it a little bit.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, what am I fucking doing? But we wanted to go get ice cream, so we left.
Speaker 1: Oh I would have wanted it, Yeah, I would have definitely wanted to stay. I'm like, I'm a little bit obsessed with this show. Oh, I'll watch this show. You told me to watch it, and I forgot Yeah, because because you watch people and then you go, oh, I kind of like that guy. I hope that they see that he's really good. There's a guy named Winston Hodges. I should look him up. He's kind of your type. Oh, probably a little younger though than what would be. Yeah, and he's married, but he's he used to be like O, hey, he's pretty Christian. I mean, you know, he's pretty up with people like he's he's looks more. I think he was Mormon.
Speaker 2: No, that is my type, you know, so well, I do love him. What is it with me and Mormon thinking they're so hot? Like what they're hot?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, I don't know. Look up this guy, well not hot to make him up?
Speaker 2: I found him. Oh yeah, I mean, boy, do I have a type?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, that's not it's not working out for me, but like it's kind of insane. I guess all guys have to do is kind of have just glasses. Yes, like blonde hair and glasses. Yes, Jesus, that's a little too much on the nose. I will I'll check him out.
Speaker 1: And be like not super fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have to be a little like they don't have to be heavy, right, but like you know, yeah, a little doe will impish. Yes not no six packs. If I see a six pack, I'm discussed. It. Yeah, ew gross. It is kind of gross though, right, Like, what does that say about you? You're just at the gym, You're going to the gym all the time, doing that to yourself?
Speaker 1: Why you know? Did I ever tell you that? On for crying out loud? Like this was this was years ago. I made the mistake of saying that John had like a dad bod. But it was at the time that that was like a big thing that in it. It was a big compliment. It was a big compliment at the time to say that. And I meant it as like, yeah, he doesn't like he's not fat by any stretch of the imagination. Yeah, but he doesn't like he doesn't spend all his time at the gym, which I would hate, you know, it's not like And he was so crazily upset about it, and I spent so much time trying to go, no, you don't understand. That is not how I meant it. I meant it as a compliment, and he was just like, it's so embarrassing. That's not a compliment. It's like mean And yeah, guys do not like they they do not like to think if you're saying I have a type and at somebody who's not like super fit. They're not going to be complimented that you like that is going to be like thanks a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean, it's not that they're not fit. It's not like I'm like, it's not Chris Farley that I'm seeking.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. That's what I do. Mind.
Speaker 2: The guy is heavy. I have dated a pretty heavy dude and I didn't bother me at all. It really didn't. I know, it's hard to I mean it not like Ralphie may Not that there's anything wrong with having slept with their dated Ralphie may Well. Not putting it down. I'm just saying it wasn't like that, but definitely heavy. Yeah, or in conclusion, I will just say this, So that was really cute, and I'm like, god, I was kind of jealous. I'm like, God, if I could go back, but I would not want to go back to twenty seven doing stand up at Luna Park, even though I was just falling in love with every fucking comic and getting completely sidetracked by all these stupid shit like that.
Speaker 1: I want.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what I said to you off camera because I wanted to say to all of them, Like you, guys, look around, because in twenty years, one of these people could be your podcast host.
Speaker 1: You know most of you are not going to like make it, but like.
Speaker 2: Right, no, right, And I want to be like, don't sleep with each other, especially to the women, like, don't sleep with these dudes. I know that that's who you're around and your and you're you're broken and you probably wouldn't be doing this if you weren't a little bit broken. And also like they're funny and so you're gonna want to sleep at them and it's going.
Speaker 1: To derail you do it?
Speaker 2: Yes, How do you tell people that are total strangers that don't want you to talk to them?
Speaker 1: How do you move them physically into the light? You can't metaphorically and physically they have to save themselves.
Speaker 2: And they're all going to do great. They're all gonna do great. But then I was just telling Stephanie in conclusion. Then my friend took me to go see Pete Holmes. I'm a huge fan of Pete Holmes, and I don't often go see comedy. I'm like you like, i'd go see John Mulaney in a heartbeat and Pete Holmes and I can't really even think of any maybe patent, you know, and and tag of course, but like he was so fucking amazingly great, Like it was like, you know, you're like, how do you even do that?
Speaker 1: How do you do that?
Speaker 2: Then he brought up it was him and some friends, and I won't mention who the friends are, but he brought up other comics. Some of them are really good, and one of them, in particular, I was telling Stephanie was just not just not good, and it was like they kind of had made it. And it's like, I guess it's a crop.
Speaker 1: Shoot.
Speaker 2: You can be really really amazing like Peter Holmes or John mullaney and that's just its own category. And you can also suck and make it and that's its own category. And I don't really know what There's nothing I can do about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you can make it, but then not really make it because then who's heard of you? Yeah, yeah, there's that too. But like there was a little bit of me.
Speaker 2: I said to my friend after, I was like, I wish I guess I wish I'd tried harder, because like my joke, you know, I'm not trying to be a dick but then at the same time, I could have and nothing would have happened, and then I would have just been miserable that much longer. Well, but you have his person stand up like you would do it again. I do it again, but for no reason of like what would be the point. It's not like I'm gonna get a special you know, like this this person really kind of you know, got where they needed to get. Maybe they could get bigger, sure, but like it was, it was some really hacky ship.
Speaker 1: I was like, what's the fuck? Yeah? Anyway, But in conclusion, Pete Holmes is amazing. Hey, I think we gave this show more than we bargained for. We didn't know what. Yeah, we did. We should say hi to our friends on it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it like Brandy may Ames, my love, sweet am I going to get sued for that.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't do that, No, sweet love. Sovano Jimmittee, he's so freaking cool. He could do stand up and he.
Speaker 2: Just had a birthday. We wished him a happy birthday last week. So again, you've all had birthdays. Are we skipping Carolyn for a reason? No, Carolyn Bastion, She's a bastion of good, good cheer.
Speaker 1: Sandra Green. I mean it's like she was just she's just a green little baby. Yeah, she's green. She's a green comedian call it, don't drop.
Speaker 2: The rolling Roland and whatnot?
Speaker 1: That Patrick name your price.
Speaker 2: And clever, super clever, I know, Julie Turnbull, We won't make you, Victoria Blake, Andrea Crawford, Richard Frolicker mm hmm, Carrie Mahler, Aaron Johnson Watson, we can say him together.
Speaker 1: Jill Shaw another Price on Price.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's related to Patrick Price. We don't know you, guys. We love you, We thank you, thank you, not sorry. I don't think we said anything to be sorry. I didn't even say the comics name that I didn't think was good.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true. Okay, bye everybody, Bye,