Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI A six forty.
Speaker 2: We're joining a moment by Tiffany Hobbs. How you know from the viral load. Yes, and I talk about how you were.
Speaker 3: Let me back up.
Speaker 2: You came in, you said happy birthday to me, and you said I was slammed, and I was trying to deflect from the fact that I was been trying to lose weight, eat better because as I get closer to my birthday today being it, I'm always reassessing myself and I think, now I'm at a point where I have to do much better. Well, I've been doing much better, but I have to do much better. And then you have these holidays like Thanksgiving where all that just goes to pot because you're eating ostensibly everything that you've committed yourself not to do, or at least not as frequently. I don't know how you do it, but for me, it's like, it's hard to say no to to macaroni and cheese. It's hard to say no to sweet potatoes without mashed potato, without marshmallows on top of the.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's the only way you should have them.
Speaker 3: You say, with Marshmallos.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I mean it sweetens it, it just it just makes it even more candy.
Speaker 4: But we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we need to get some things straight before we go any further.
Speaker 3: Macaroni and cheese with or without bread.
Speaker 2: Crumbs on top, preferably, No, no, no, there's only one answer, and you need to get it right or we're gonna go to commercial and we're gonna put you out of the studio.
Speaker 4: With if not baked.
Speaker 5: If baked, No, you do not need bread crumbs on top because there's already a bit of a crisp on top, so you don't need a crisp plus baked in bread crumbs.
Speaker 2: Okay, stop trying to to dither here and then head your your back.
Speaker 3: When you're cooking mac and cheese, and I know you cook, know how to cook? I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you cook your macaroni cheese? What is your process?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: God? So you definitely bake it. You do not use Kraft.
Speaker 5: You get your noodles, you get your elbow noodles, and you put those all in and you layer it with some real cheese. Velveta does work if you're in a pinch that's fine.
Speaker 4: You put your pet milk in there, and then you.
Speaker 3: Did you say pet milk.
Speaker 4: Well, canned milk, your canned your condensed milk.
Speaker 3: Really you use condensed milk.
Speaker 5: You can if you're wanting, hopefully you have more than one bathroom with this recipe, because it is a very get you, it is very lactose rich. But you throw all that in there, you throw the cheese on top, and you just keep kind of layering to make a pasta type lasagna, if you will, And then you put it in the oven and you bake it for about forty five fifty minutes or so, and it comes out golden brown and gooey, and it's it's it's wonderful.
Speaker 3: You still need some bread crumbs on top.
Speaker 5: I you know, I think you can add that mold. And if you want to do that, that's fine. That's your choice. I will not judge you for it, as long as you have macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 3: Judged.
Speaker 5: There are households that do not have macaroni and cheese on their table.
Speaker 4: I can't. I've come to find that out.
Speaker 3: Well, but you know, in black households, we always do.
Speaker 4: It's if you don't you're thrown out.
Speaker 3: People think I'm playing.
Speaker 2: And I was joshing with Mark Ronner about this, but it's a real thing. If you serve macaroni and cheese or sweet potatoes the.
Speaker 3: Wrong way, you will get cussed out.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine the actual canned yams coming out and being put on a plate for you?
Speaker 4: Mo, No, you know people do that.
Speaker 2: But people will accept the canned cranberry stuff like it's no big deal.
Speaker 5: I think you can make an exception for that, but you do not, under any circumstance, make an exception for lackluster macaroni and cheese or yams.
Speaker 2: Okay, yams and sweet potatoes are not the same thing, but I'm not going to get into the subtle details.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 5: Do you know how many calories the average Thanksgiving dinner is per person?
Speaker 3: Per person always at least twenty five hundred.
Speaker 5: Forty five hundred calories? There we go, Yeah, per person, that's one meal. That's one meal, and that's not one seconds. That's not my session.
Speaker 3: One we do.
Speaker 2: You've destroyed not only your calorie intake for the day, your cholesterol, your sodium. Going back to what I was saying, it's holidays like these which make it real difficult for me to maintain some semblance of my diet.
Speaker 6: Well, blame it on the holiday. Blame it on the holiday. Just eat it on the treadmill for God's sake.
Speaker 3: People. Look, I look.
Speaker 2: There are days where I will, for example, most Thanksgiving, I will not eat at all that day and my only meal will be Thanksgiving to balance it out.
Speaker 4: Fast before, absolutely fast before the feast.
Speaker 2: And Stephan, you were getting ready to say something. I thought it looked like yeah, because I was. I was just curious when you said pet milk, pet milk. I thought that was like another way to say it. But it's it's actually a brand of evaporated milk. There you go, thank you, Steph. Evaporated. I just learned that that's cool. Yeah, I didn't know that people would use it in that way.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: It makes it creamier, gives it that consistency, and it bakes better.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought that cheese made it creamier. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also, if you try to milk your pet, that's going to get awkward. Come on, fush, Oh no, don't you dare. It's my birthday. It's my birthday, Okay, do not hand out some weak you know, points for that. I don't know if you've been noticing, but Mo tonight's been acting like that kid from the Twilight Zone episode where he sends people to the corner.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, just by thinking it.
Speaker 4: Timmy, I think was his name, Billy, Billy Timmy one of the two.
Speaker 3: Well, Bill Muomey was the actor. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: We covered Billy last night. I don't know if you heard that. I heard a little bit. Okay, yeah, anyhow, Forty five hundred calories for one meal. How I don't know how people do that and then not just destroy everything they're trying to do with with dietary goals, their health or exercise goals, because you can kill it in one weekend.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: And the thing about it is, the average, according to different health experts, amount of weight that each person puts on after Thanksgiving hovers somewhere between two to four pounds. So you're carrying two to four pounds extra after your Thanksgiving meal during that next six weeks before January first, just because of being home, being sedentary, eating more colder temperatures, whatever the case. All those things combined do, in fact add to a wider waistline more numbers on the scale and January first, everyone has that big epiphany.
Speaker 4: Got to get them off.
Speaker 3: You're trying to ruin everybody's holiday.
Speaker 2: For I'm just guilty thinking about what I would like to eat, and you're telling me it's a lot worse than what I.
Speaker 3: Was thinking it is.
Speaker 5: But if you do it with the knowledge that you're doing, you won't be so shocked when it actually happens.
Speaker 4: You can enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not shocked. I refer us to get on a scale. I refuse to look in the mirror. I refuse to do anything to undo the joy of the meal.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to enjoy it.
Speaker 5: The thing about you, mo is that you've already made room with however much weight you've lost. I've not seen you in about a week, and you're slimmer than the last time I saw you, So you have some extra space there to add to Well.
Speaker 2: You know, I had this phone call with Lizzo and she said, you need to try some Mozific.
Speaker 3: Have you seen little She's lost like one hundred pounds or something.
Speaker 5: Rigics She does look she looks good. She looks good as long as she's happy. You know, she was beautiful before. But you know, health is.
Speaker 2: Wealth is as long as she can maintain it, because I don't want her to do the whole Luther Vandros up down, updown thing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, he arguably sang better when he was heavier.
Speaker 3: There's signs behind that.
Speaker 2: Before we go to break Luther Vandross, a late R and B singer, his weight would fluctuate one hundred and fifty pounds easily, and he would sound markedly different depending on his size. Now, when you are fuller, your vocal chords are also fuller, so there's a richness in your voice. There's a fullness in your voice which is found like for example, like Luciano Pavarati, he was not skinny by any measure, and that also aided in the fullness of his voice.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, we'll have quite a few really good singers come Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Speaker 2: I don't know about all that, because you know, also, if you're eating a lot of dairy products, it coats the throat, so your voice doesn't sound as good.
Speaker 4: Avoid the mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: There you go. It's later with Mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're talking about all things Thanksgiving, exercise, holidays, with Tiffany Hobbs six forty live everywhere in the Heart radio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Next segment will be giving away a pair of tickets to Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Honda Center this Saturday for the three PM show Trans Siberian Orchestra. They have a one show laser light show, extensive pyrotechnics. They fill up the Honda Center. You have to see it for yourself. And we're giving away a pair of tickets to the November thirtieth, which is Saturday three pm show. We're going to do that next segment and also the fourteenth annual Cafi Pastathon is here.
Speaker 3: Chef Brudos Charity.
Speaker 2: Catarina's Club provides more than twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in need here in southern California. Here's how you can join in. You can donate or bid on exclusive KFI auction items like hours here at Later with Mokelly. If you like to co host a show with us on a Friday, you can go right now to KFIAM six forty dot com Forward Slash Pastathon and you can bid up until nine forty five pm Tuesday, December third, And speaking of December third, that is our live broadcast from the Anaheim White House from five am all the way up to ten pm, from wake Up Call with Aby King all the way TI through later with Mo Kelly. You can also shop at any Smart and Final store and donate any amount at checkout. You can go to any Wendy's restaurant in southern California and donate. Donate five dollars or more and get a coupon book worth fifteen dollars. One percent of your donation goes to Katerina's Club. And I'm thinking you in advance for your support. And if you don't remember any of this, or you need to refresh some of this, or you want to look for the auctioned items, just go to KFI AM six forty dot com Forward slash pastathon and right now sitting in for Claudine Cooper as we talk about all things health and wellness on a Tuesday for this Thanksgiving week. Thanksgiving weekend is the Viral Load hostess herself, Tiffany Hobbs. Tiffany, last segment, you destroyed any chance of me enjoying my Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Meal, I have more okay, ed, Well, well, let's review.
Speaker 2: You said average Thanksgiving meal forty five hundred calories one person one serving.
Speaker 5: That's not back for seconds easily, easily, and that's not counting any sort of alcoholic beverage or anything that you might have. That's an addendum to that very traditional meal of your meats and your veggies and your stuffing and your mac and cheese, things like that. So your bread, different carbs, forty five hundred calories per person on average.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm not hungry anymore.
Speaker 5: There are some tips, mow, and medical experts agree, and I hope I'm doing justice here to share tips for a healthier Thanksgiving again that medical experts actually agree on. First tip being eat before the party starts. Thanksgiving might start mid afternoon, two three.
Speaker 3: Four, maybe later fast.
Speaker 5: They're saying, have something small, have something moderate, so you don't overeat. Your kind of budgeting your calories with this and that way you won't go in starving, and we don't make the best decisions when we are hungry.
Speaker 4: Also, drink water, fill up on water.
Speaker 2: You agree, Yes, I do that for every meal. I drink water first and then I start eating.
Speaker 5: Great Another tip is survey what's there, kind of make a mental map of what you have there, and start to basically build your plate before you get there, so that you have clear direction. If you go up with just kind of an open ended idea of I'll eat anything in front of me, you will.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not me.
Speaker 2: I there's certain things I just do not eat, will not eat, and I have no problem avoiding.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta eat ham.
Speaker 4: Okay. Are you a fast eater?
Speaker 3: Relatively? Yeah, I want to get to it.
Speaker 4: Another tip mode it's slower.
Speaker 3: It's slower so you feel.
Speaker 5: To eat more slowly, so you fill more full. It takes twenty minutes for your brain to register that you're full. Spend that twenty minute savoring your meal.
Speaker 3: Twenty minutes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Another one is don't go back for seconds. That's the hardest one, especially if it tastes good.
Speaker 2: See I usually don't go back for seconds. I usually go for not at least a full plate. I usually go back for seconds of macaroni and cheese. There's usually one item more is like the stuffing was on hit or the collar greens were great. It's usually one thing that I particularly enjoyed. I don't usually get a second whole plate.
Speaker 5: And the thing about seconds, Moe, and sorry to be the party pooper here, because it does affect me as well, is that we're not usually still hungry. We like the way that the food tastes, so we go back to have more of that good feeling, that dopamine rush to our brain, but we don't actually necessarily need it.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, and if only because we also know that it's a special meal. It's not something that you're going to get every day. Yeah, you only get it maybe once or twice a year realistically.
Speaker 5: Another tip, stop when you're full. When you're full and you know you don't need to eat me more, just stop.
Speaker 4: I got something else to do.
Speaker 3: I got a tip. Yeah, don't eat leftovers.
Speaker 5: Don't eat leftovers is another one, thank you very much. That's difficult for me, especially if it's good, because you find that the food has congealed, it's better worse.
Speaker 2: The consistency is not the same. It's not going to taste the same. It's not gonna especially coming out of the microwave or whatever. And I'm not putting it in the oven. I know that's what you're supposed to do it takes too damn long. It's not gonna taste the same. I'm going to eat in that first sitting and nothing after that. Someone's gonna ask me, Hey, do you want to take something to go?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Don't you want you leftovers?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Do you want to fix yourself a plate for tomorrow?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Do you want any turkey to make turkey sandwiches with it? No? I want none of that stuff.
Speaker 4: You are an anomaly. I have a couple more tips. Can I share them with you?
Speaker 2: Really quick?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 4: Be active after you've.
Speaker 5: Eaten your milmo, get up and take a walk, a walk, spend some time fifteen to twenty minutes, get your your metabolism going.
Speaker 3: You move around a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're asking a lot. The football game is on. My pants don't fit anymore. I have to unbutton my pants and lay back in my chair so I can watch one of the or two of the food.
Speaker 5: That's because you went up there and got seconds.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, it's just Thanksgiving is not the exercise after dinner day.
Speaker 5: Take a walk, take a walk, make make it a family thing. Go take a quick walk. And then, lastly, and I did mention this before, if you are going to imbibe, whether it is beer or wine or champagne during that toast, drink alcohol in moderation. Alcohol has a lot of sneaky calories, a lot of sugar, and it could add to that feeling of not feeling that great after you've already had a really big meal.
Speaker 2: Wait, just want to be clear, So the forty five forty five hundred calories did er did not include the outfit.
Speaker 3: It did not, So you might be up to like six thousands.
Speaker 5: Easily depending on how much alcohol you have right. And then the final tip of course, enjoy your Thanksgiving and spending time with your family and really just try and be present.
Speaker 4: Put the phones away.
Speaker 3: What if your family's really getting on your g damn.
Speaker 4: Nerves, then that's where you take a walk.
Speaker 3: Well played, there you go, well played.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we have your pair of tickets to the Trans Siberian Orchestra coming up on November thirtieth, this Saturday at three pm. We got one pair for one lucky winner, so stick around for that.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Some people had hit me on my social media at Later with mo kelly and at mister mo kelly Instagram, asking is like, so how long would I get to co host a show with you with later mo kelly. If we were to be the highest bidder for Pastathon that for that prize, well, it would be the whole show.
Speaker 3: It'd be the whole three hours, the whole time, the whole time.
Speaker 2: On a Friday, on a Friday, when we played name that movie co classic, It'll be you, Me, Mark Stefan Twala, maybe Tiffany Hobbs.
Speaker 3: Definitely not a Cadela Cruz. It's just that simple.
Speaker 2: Go to KFIAM six forty dot com forward slash Pastathon and there you will see the auction items that are up and available for you to bid on, and you can bid on them between now and December third and nine to forty five pm, which is nearing the end of our show for the live broadcasts of Pastathon.
Speaker 3: And you know, some people have different bidding strategies.
Speaker 2: Some people want to wait till the last second, some people want to get in early and intimidate any other bidders. However you want to do it, just know that somebody's going to be co hosting this show with us and when I say co hosting, they're going to be co produced. They're going to be suggested subjects and discussions that we're going to have talking about movies or television shows that are entertainment more generally, and they're going to probably find out whether Mark Runner is as funny as he thinks he is. They're going to participate in the Runner Report, maybe if Mark allows it, but you'll be fully I'll say embedded in the show. All you gotta do, let's go to KFIM six forty dot com forward slash Pastathon and then you can bid on the item there.
Speaker 3: It's easy to find.
Speaker 2: I also told you at the beginning of the show, we have a pair of tickets to the Trans Siberian Orchestra The Lost Christmas Eve, which is going to be at the Honda Center this Saturday, November thirtieth for the three pm show. And you may not be familiar with Trans Siberian Orchestra. They have a laser light show, pyrotechnics. It is a full on experience and Tiffany Hobbs, I need a number from you between one and ten because that will be our winning caller.
Speaker 4: Lucky number three.
Speaker 3: Lucky number three if you are a Caller number three.
Speaker 2: You and a guest will be going to see Trans Siberian Orchestra The Lost Christmas Eve at the Honda Center this Saturday, November thirtieth, for the three pm show. You'll need to have a ticket Master email address for the tickets because they're going to send them to you digitally. We already have the tickets, but we have to go through ticket Master for you to have them. Please comply, Please make this easy. Sometimes you be calling in trying to win stuff and you all are not ready for prime time. So Caller number three, the tickets are yours. It's Later with mo Kelly KFI AM six forty. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 6: Forty Oh Kelly six.
Speaker 3: Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: For some people, it's right now, For others it's not until after Thanksgiving. For others, it's as soon as you get past Halloween. And what I mean by that is when the holiday season officially begins. I know we had not even gotten through Halloween and people were putting up their Christmas decorations outside their house. For some people, you get past Labor Day or Veterans Day, it's on and cracking for the holidays. Me personally, and I can't speak for anyone else, and we'll go around the room. It's not the holiday season until until I hear a particular song and and and it's after Thanksgiving. I can't emotionally even process anything having to do with Christmas or New Year's until we get past Thanksgiving. And also, working in radio, I don't even perceive holidays in the same way as other folks because I'm usually working the holidays. Even before I had lad with mo Kelly, I was working the call it like the Twelve Days of most working like every day pre Christmas through New Year's Day. So it's always different for me being able to settle in and settle down for the holidays. But I can't start thinking about the holiday season until let's say, maybe Saturday after Thanksgiving and I start hearing certain songs.
Speaker 3: For me, it's it's it's it's I don't know, I'm weird.
Speaker 2: I'm almost OCD Like I can't emotionally commit to Christmas until at least Saturday after Thanksgiving, and I have to hear the song This Christmas the original by Donnie Hathaway. Then I'm ready to usher in the season. That's just me, Tiffany Hobbes, what about you?
Speaker 5: November first is Christmas? November first, November first is Christmas. It's when Christmas starts November November.
Speaker 2: In other words, you haven't even finished eating your Halloween Candi.
Speaker 5: No, you know, once Halloween is out of the way, it is it is November.
Speaker 4: I mean it is.
Speaker 5: It is Christmas season for me, and I think that that has to do a lot with shopping and consumerism, because they've started putting the Christmas stuff on the shelves as soon as middle of October. At least that's what I saw, and I think I follow the sentiment that way. My brain just arts to wire itself for Christmas.
Speaker 2: All right, Mark Runner, I know you the very festive type. You would never say, Bob humbug, You're trying to paint me as a grinch, and I won't have it. Damn you. You bring up Halloween. I'm not done with Halloween yet. And then I think Halloween is the most fun of all the holidays. And the goal for me of Christmas time is not to absolutely despise all the music by the time it's New Year's I try to limit my exposure to that because what starts off as something enjoyable and fun can get pretty grading by about the thousandth listening. And no disrespect to like Coast one on three point five, our partner station, they pride themselves on playing Christmas music rather early, rather early. For me, I'm like you Mark in this regard, where too much, too soon, too fast can take away from the overall experience. I do have some traditions, like, for example, every Christmas Eve, I will watch Die Hard every Christmas Eve, really without fail. I've been doing it for the past at least fifteen years. I think we've established it's a Christmas movie. Yeah, there's no more debate on that that people used to debate that.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. I don't know why.
Speaker 6: Have you seen the ornaments, the McLain ornaments that are essentially like uh tinfoil with a picture of Bruce Willis in it?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I have some at home. As a matter of fact, similar to that.
Speaker 6: By the way, I saw the best, the best Christmas ornament I've ever seen, and I posted it on I think Facebook.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 6: It's one of the orbs with the with the spikes from phantasm as a Christmas tree. Oh yes, I want those all over my tree.
Speaker 2: That makes perfect sense, all right, Stefan, what about you, I'd say for me, it's once that Thanksgiving Day parade gets started, that's Christmas for me after that. So right after Thanksgiving, when you see like Santa Clausmsy, Santa c come down that street, I'm like, all right, it's Christmas time.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't command this just too much. It's asking too much too soon, because then I feel as if I'm like I'm gonna run out of gas. I'm gonna run out of energy. I'm gonna run out of steam by December fourteenth or something, and then I will just be tired of it.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 2: I like the warm up to it, but I can't be too fast, and I can make some really inappropriate parallels and analogies and I'll let your mind just run with it. Well you just did, No, it's your mind who went there. I'm saying I couldn't go there. I'm saying you can't be too fast out of the gate. That's all I'll say. But then you know, like December Fourteenth's like you're tired of it and you lose the whole spirit, the celebration aspect of it.
Speaker 3: But you're shaking.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: You don't lose the spirit. You just it gives you more time to reckon with it, to be in it, to feel it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The more time to be in the Christmas spirit, mo, the better.
Speaker 3: No, No, less is more.
Speaker 2: Less is more because then I can appreciate the time of the moment, the family, like, for example, all that is part of it. If I've been celebrating the Christmas season for about thirty days like you November first, No, that's likely fifty five days. Yeah, then I finally get to the presence. Then I finally get to the dinner. Then I finally get to the family gathering. I am warn the f out I.
Speaker 5: Think that you're making a presumption of why I do this. It's not for the big payoff at the end. It's to feel the good feelings, the rush that Christmas gives everyone. It's the colors, the smells, the just the warmth of the season that comes with being in the Christmas spirit that I want to stretch out as long as possible and by January. First, everyone's done with it, so it's like, can't do it on the back end.
Speaker 4: Let's do it before m I make a compelling argument.
Speaker 2: You make a compelling argument. I just don't buy it. I just don't agree with that. I mean, look, is it as enjoyable the longer it.
Speaker 5: Is, I mean, yeah, size, I don't.
Speaker 4: Yes, the longer it is the better mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh Stephan no, yeah.
Speaker 4: See it's Giving. It's Giving Tuesday, before the Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's time for me to go to break that. Just that took me out the spirit. It's later with bo Kelly k IF I am six forty. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Whatever happens, we have got it covered.
Speaker 4: K s I T HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County
Speaker 3: Live everywhere on the Younger Radio